3.9/5 (568 ratings)

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?

Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.

Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?

Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.

What kind of modem does Xfinity use?

Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.

Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?

The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

After hours of trying to push through prompts to get a real person, and multiple phone calls, I was told that Xfinity took too much money out on my autodraft payment because the autopay was set up for that amount. I had been paying $20+ less for the last two years, and the autodraft had no problem adjusting to take the $20+ higher amount when the promotion had ended; however, it failed to re-adjust to the lower amount when I began a new promotion on October 12th. I explained that the autodraft was not set up with my bank. It was set up with Xfinity, using their Xfinity autopay option. The final insult was that I was told "for my INCONVENIENCE" Xfinity was going to CREDIT the $26 back to my bank account in 48 hours. To REWARD me for my INCONVENIENCE, Xfinity was going to give me back what it illegally took from my bank account!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I only had internet from them and the experience was terrible. The bill kept going up and the services kept getting worse. I had to keep resetting the box at least 6 to 7 times a week. No matter where you sat it the service was bad. I was paying over $100 just for internet and it was slow and dragging if it worked. Then when I cancelled and returned the equipment they charged me another $70. I would say a very expensive well learned lesson never do business with them ever.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

In summary, this company knows how to hide information from its customers. Which is INSANE for the exorbitant price that you pay for their service. Read on to find out what happened to me: When I signed up for Xfinity, I knew I wouldn't need any crazy internet speeds. I asked the agent to give me the lowest internet tier. He offered me a promotion for $39.99/mo for one year. I said yes. He did NOT tell me that this promotion was for one of their HIGHEST internet tiers. When my "promotion" was up, I contacted customer service to ask why my bill was now $59.99/mo. This is how I found out that I was given one of the highest internet speeds. When I said that $60/mo doesn't sound "promotional", I was told that the actual cost for that speed is something like $98/mo! It does NOT list that original cost of $98 anywhere on the website. OR on my bill.

Also, the customer service rep kept insisting that all this information was on my bill. Here's the thing: I was paperless. In order to see my bill, I would have to log into the website. NO ONE does that for a service like internet; where you're not trying to keep track of how much of it you use. All I looked at was my emailed bill which said "$39.99" in bold. I moved and canceled my Xfinity - and a month later - I was charged $60 again! When I contacted customer service, they said it was because I had autopay on, and it would take 2-3 WEEKS to get my $54 back. The agent did NOT warn me that autopay would take out the amount on my contract instead of just the amount that I owed.

All of this makes me feel like the company is being deceptive. I've been on Verizon mobile my entire life and my parents use AT&T for their internet... Both companies are WAY more transparent about the way they price their packages. They don't need to jack up their prices artificially so they can make it LOOK like their customers are getting a deal. If you can avoid it, DO NOT use this internet service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

My job and my wife's small online business totally depend on stable internet but too many outages recently! Usually we receive a generic message from Xfinity with an estimated time of internet restoration but never seen issue had been resolved by then. The last time it was nearly 7 hours after.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

So disappointing, went in on 10-7-2022. Received the worst service ever. Just to purchase a charger, spoke to a large heavy-set white man with a bald head, named Carl, he was so rude, told me to take my business elsewhere. My 15-year-old daughter was with me and shocked with the way we were spoken to. Carl needs some customer service training. Went elsewhere to buy my charger. May be taking my business completely somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Terrible customer service. Terrible speeds. Increased Intermittent outages. It was embarrassing telling my new employer that my internet connection was down yesterday. It was down for 5 hours throughout peak business hours. I had to tether my laptop to my iPhone and use my AT&T 5G service. Overall, company is scamming its customers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Can't get to my account unless I get their app. Can't change my password but I can pay my bill online. I don't have enough space in my cell for an app ➕ customer service is done by an answering machine

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I wasted an insane amount of time attempting to resolve a billing issue for a cancelled account. The account has been billed for two months after the account was cancelled and the equipment was returned. I do not want to have to use their automated service to "resolve" this issue because it won't work. Yet again wasting even more time. They texted a link to my phone and then ended the call after going through all the hoops to try to talk to anyone about this problem. Instead they prompt with a "whole new experience" and a full sales pitch before disconnecting my call. This company is a joke!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

False advertising, horrible service. Not to mention they spend $0 on improving their phone system. It does everything not to connect you with anyone. Only people answer are in Philippines. They don't speak English and try to reset your modem several times without any help. Absolutely garbage. I really hope a huge lawsuit would make these people out of business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Was having issues with my internet. (For like a year with many calls) I called and they reset my modem and as we were waiting she reviewed my account to save me $30 a month. I asked if it had a commitment and was told no it doesn't but does have a 24 month price lock. Well 38 days later I Canceled and guess what? 12 month contract costing me $110

Xfinity Internet Company Information