3.9/5 (564 ratings)

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Verified

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?

Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.

Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?

Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.

What kind of modem does Xfinity use?

Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.

Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?

The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I’ve been a customer for 5 years, I purchased a service that would have up to 1000 Mbps download speed, 132.00 a month. I generally got 300 to 400 Mbps. I had constant problems with my service. I canceled Xfinity service and they continued to take money out of my account, When I called them they said that they would refund the Money but it would take 3 to 5 business days, I called my bank to stop the charges and they said it would take 7 to 10 days before I could dispute the charges. If I could give them 0 stars I would. I would not recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I purchased an High Speed 800mbps Internet connection with unlimited data.. About two weeks after use Xfinity would cut off my signal. I would then use the Xfinity app to check for an outage in area and all but 1 time there was an outage. Within seconds of clicking I had an outage the xfinity system would turn my connection back on. I don't always call to speak with someone but when I do..it's annoying. Check cable, tighten wire, the usually **. "We are so sorry.." Sure you are.. I worked in IT. Bought my 1st computer in 1984. I know what I'm talking about.. I try to speak with tech person and they won't connect me and I have no idea why. Xinifty is a joke for customer service, they can see I have called before.. But they have to read the script.. I'm fed up.. Not sure if Starlink is any better, I think it's time I give it a go.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Xfinity should be very careful with people working at the billing department of your company, who have been taking advantage of Xfinity to make money from Xfinity's previous customers. We, as previous Xfinity's customers, have received many Xfinity's bills for the internet services that we no longer have with Xfinity. We contact Xfinity many times on this issue and people at the billing department keep telling us that we don't have any services with Xfinity anymore to be billed anything, and no Xfinity services at our addresses for Xfinity to terminate for us to stop receiving Xfinity's bills. We end up getting collection letters asking us to pay Xfinity ridiculous amounts of money which we don't owe Xfinity at all.

We have no idea what has been going on here. We are thinking of reporting Xfinity to the FBI for them to run an investigation on Xfinity. There is no reason for Xfinity's previous customers to be stuck in such a crazy situation like this, which causes us bad credits and makes us look like we don't pay Xfinity money. Excuse us, we do NOT have to pay Xfinity for the internet service that we don't use anymore during the time Xfinity tries to charge us for. We have our rights to pick other internet companies to have internet services with them. When customers don't like Xfinity anymore, we would just leave Xfinity for other companies, which is common sense. Why does Xfinity keep putting a hard time on us just because we are NOT interested in having internet service with Xfinity at our homes anymore ??? Zipcode 77064

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

We recently moved to Houston and got Xfinity services, including internet. It was a no-brainer, having had Xfinity for several years in California. Unfortunately, the internet has been spotty, down a few times a month. Doesn’t seem like much, but it’s a problem when you’re working. In California, we had an outage or two a YEAR. Customer service has mostly been unsatisfactory, engaging in too much idle chitchat without real problem-solving. Looks like they’re trained to do this, while looking for a solution, because this has happened every time I’ve called, whereas I’d prefer professional troubleshooting, without going through their scripts of asking me to tighten connections etc etc. I already did that, really!! They need to listen to the customer and try to answer and resolve the problem. Why is my internet so spotty? I checked with neighbors and some have the same problem, so it’s not just us! Xfinity internet is poor in 77079, Houston.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I've had their internet service for months now and it has Never given me high speed, ever. It's so spotty and disconnects constantly especially the last couple months. Do not recommend at all. This is what happens when you allow a company to monopolize something.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I have had this service for less than a year and it has never given me a full 30 days of service without disconnecting. 1) I had Xfinity replace the line coming into my home to the modem. 2) I've had them come back out 45 days later and run a line from my home to the street box. 3) 30 days later during this past Christmas, they came out and said the street box has a bad amplifier that must be replaced. 4) Two days later, they replaced it. Two days later it drops again. 5) They came out again to say the amplifier needs to be adjusted. They did and within 72 hours, it drops again. It drops my service every 24 hours. I even decided to try buying my own router for $350. It's just time for me to leave. I'm totally angry. DON'T GET THIS SERVICE!!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

EVERY MONTH! I'm on assistance program to receive 30$ credit on the first of each month. My Service is $45 a month leaving me a balance of 15$ a month for me to pay. As An Example, This Month on the first I was emailed a bill for 67$. Later I was emailed a receipt for the 30$ credit. Then I received a bill for 87$. Can you do this math???

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I have been a Comcast customer for over 10 years. My contract continues to go up and the services is not competitive, 75 mps. I was informed that my account was moving to 1 gbps only to find that it was an error. This is a business account. I have had several outages and some taking a day to resolve. I work overseas night hours and the outages are prioritized lower. I have not received compensation for the outages. With my contract ending, I called into re-establish. I was given a higher rate and upsold. When stating that this was not valued to my company, I said I would be forced to leave. I had to find a new provider.

Calling back in after a new provider was found, I reviewed all with the agent. I was then told that I would be charged for a 30 day disconnect and would be getting a new invoice. When I received the invoice, I found that my original charge of $89.00 went up to $138 and then up to $184 each month consecutively. On top of that, they issued a late fee of $10 even when I was waiting on the new invoice. It appears that Comcast wants to punish customers for being forced out. I have gone with UTOPIA/SUMO 1gb for under $80 and no contract. Something is wrong here. Would enjoy talking with someone who would like to keep me as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Zero stars.. Have been trying to get a credit for time without cable services that were charged for but not provided after Hurricane Ian laid waste to their cable lines. Went weeks without service but Comcast still charges full rates. basically charging for services NOT provided.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

After hours of trying to push through prompts to get a real person, and multiple phone calls, I was told that Xfinity took too much money out on my autodraft payment because the autopay was set up for that amount. I had been paying $20+ less for the last two years, and the autodraft had no problem adjusting to take the $20+ higher amount when the promotion had ended; however, it failed to re-adjust to the lower amount when I began a new promotion on October 12th. I explained that the autodraft was not set up with my bank. It was set up with Xfinity, using their Xfinity autopay option. The final insult was that I was told "for my INCONVENIENCE" Xfinity was going to CREDIT the $26 back to my bank account in 48 hours. To REWARD me for my INCONVENIENCE, Xfinity was going to give me back what it illegally took from my bank account!!!

Xfinity Internet Company Information