Xfinity Internet

Xfinity Internet Reviews

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed
Cons
  • Service can be pricey

Featured Reviews

Verified
Lansing, MI

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified
Lilburn, GA

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?

Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.

Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?

Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.

What kind of modem does Xfinity use?

Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.

Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?

The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 82%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Comcast/Xfinity is quite possibly the worst company in this arena. I just had my email turned off without notice and was told “we no longer support that platform”. This is an account that I’ve used for over 15 years. I am unable to access my email and they told me nothing can be done. No advance notice and no way to retrieve/forward emails from the past 10 days. Completely out of touch with customer needs. Stay away from this company. I will never use them again.

Mar

They did the same thing to me, blocked access to my email accounts without warning. A huge inconvenience not having access to my contacts list. Now I've been on the phone for hours trying to resolve issues concerning Essentials Plus which was to cost $29.95/mo. and yet I've been billed large amounts and add on charges that I did not agree to when signing up. Terrible company who act like they want your business, yet make it difficult to get help or resolve issues. Reps are located outside U.S

Reviewed June 3, 2024

XFinity Internet service very bad and dealing with their customer service is a hell of challenge. I called customer service to change the plan but they completely enrolled in a different plan and downgraded my speed ..I would never recommend them to any friends.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I needed to cancel my cable, with the economy today I can no longer afford it. I looked online and found a plan through Xfinity for $65 a month +7 dollars a month for their equipment which I already have. I also received that amount quoted to me from an Xfinity assistant through the chat. They then said that someone will call me to confirm my cable, cancellation, and my new price as agreed. Ended up with double that amount. I will soon be cxl ing altogether; entirely too expensive. And, representative was in Egypt! No thanks Xfinity.

Staff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I am always pleased to come to the Xfinity office in Union. Very attentive and professional staff. I especially want to note the work of Patrick, who promptly resolved all my questions. Thanks to tech# Kyle for doing a great job switching the Internet to my other apartment. Thank you all! Be healthy and all the best to you!

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Xfinity applies changes to the billing and payments without apprising its customers. First during the installation of my home internet they did not inform me that it will incur me cost of $100.00 bill. I called the service center and they waived $50.0 out of that. I continued service with them but just after one month I received a hefty bill of $85.89 without any prior notice. I am opting out of this service.

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Hands down the absolute worst internet service and even worse customer service. You will waste hours every week trying to troubleshoot your internet to get it to work after going out daily. Avoid at all costs.

Customer ServicePriceProcess

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Have been an internet and Mobile customer for a few years now. Customer service is awful. Pushed to online chat. Zero help with major issues. Took 15 minutes and using mobile chat to get a real phone number to talk to a human. Very disappointed in this process. It’s upsetting to see how internet only customers are price gouged. Do not recommend.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

So I deliver goods for a career and I’ve been doing this for some time now. I use my phone for exactly the same things every single day for the last few years! I’ve never ever hit 25GB in a month! My first month with Xfinity 24GB, second month 30GB-had to pay 10 more dollars a month for upgrade, 3rd month 33GB, 4th month 37GB-had to upgrade to premium/the highest for 10 more a month, 5th month 49GB, 6th month 51GB, 7th month 54GB!

Now keep in mind, I have not changed the duration or the amount I’ve used my phone! If anything, I’ve taken more time off of work recently and the data just keeps going up! Yes, I run on the lowest speeds they can possibly deliver half the time now and basically just essential functions work the last couple days of my plan! It never works when I need it to, I drive aimlessly because my GPS stops working that often! I constantly cycle no internet/internet which absolutely kills my chances of making great money because I need consistent, reliable fast internet! I thought that’s what I was paying top dollar for now, apparently Xfinity does not think that! Do yourself the biggest favor, forget about this company and its partner or real name/Concast!!!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Took excessive amounts of my personal time to resolve an issue which was made worse by being constantly dismissive. This is unacceptable. I explained that they had delivered the equipment outside of the time I selected for it to arrive (again) and it took hours and hours to fight the charge despite them delivering equipment I wasn't there for. Not only do they have zero respect for their customers, they have zero appreciation for the time their customers spend. When I complained, they even said "Sorry you feel your time is valuable". MY TIME IS VALUABLE.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 20, 2024

The customer service is not bad but they charge you for a low quality service as an exceptional one. I am very upset with them because they charged me a deposit that was supposedly a "deposit" and they stole it and another extra $45. I would never recommend this service to no one.

Xfinity Internet Company Information