Xfinity Internet

Xfinity Internet Reviews

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed
Cons
  • Service can be pricey

Featured Reviews

Verified
Lansing, MI

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified
Lilburn, GA

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?

Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.

Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?

Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.

What kind of modem does Xfinity use?

Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.

Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?

The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 3%
  • 2%
  • 4%
  • 89%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?
    Customer ServicePriceStaffReliability

Reviewed July 11, 2024

I can't express enough how awful my experience with Xfinity Comcast internet service has been. From the moment I signed up, it has been a nightmare. The connection is consistently unreliable, with frequent outages and slow speeds that make even the most basic online tasks a frustrating ordeal. Their customer service is equally abysmal, with long wait times and unhelpful representatives who seem more interested in upselling than solving problems. I have spent countless hours on the phone, only to have my issues unresolved. To add insult to injury, their pricing is outrageous for the subpar service they provide. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Xfinity Comcast. It is the worst internet provider I've ever encountered.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Comcast is a scam artist! They require you to use their equipment to get the promotional deal and then charge extra for it every month! They are horrible and what they’re doing should be illegal! They have no ethics! I hate them with every fiber of my being!

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 5, 2024

Xfinity has repeatedly not shown up for appointments for installation and even though they knew that a bucket truck was required the 2 times they did show up they didn’t have a bucket truck with them to complete the installation. Three times they never showed up. You can’t get anyone to help you solve the problem and when you are promised a supervisor will call you, they never do. But you are required to pay prior to installation and then it’s not done.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed July 3, 2024

I had Comcast/Xfinity for over 10 years. I had no other choice in service for all those years except the past few. I dealt with them hiking their prices. I would call & threaten to leave. They would give me a discount but it would still be higher than I was paying. Finally fed up, I started planning on my departure. I decided the first of the year I would change to Google. I made 5 different calls to Xfinity customer service to figure out exactly what day to cancel my service so I wouldn’t owe them any money because I was under contract. I drove to their office on that day to turn in my equipment. They said that I owed $266 for service. Come to find out my contract & their billing didn’t coincide so I owed the next month.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 2, 2024

The phone support is absolutely worthless, and their online billing service doesn't work and hasn't worked for 6 months, you called them and they say they're working on it, for 6 months? Most mismanaged business on the planet!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

Terrible customer service. They kept trying to sell me things when I had questions about my bill. 45min later the agent informed me they were not authorized to go over billing. Too expensive. They seem like a monopoly- only service available in my area. Outages occur on occasion yet no compensation. Randomly went online to check something and it said maintenance (an outage) is scheduled in your area. Clicked on “more information” and nothing to be found. No email to inform me. Hard to cancel unless you go to a store- website has issues. My mother in another state is always calling and complaining about outages that go on for HOURS. Unless you call them for better deal, they just keep upping the price.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 29, 2024

0 stars for service and less than 0 for customer service. Only chose Xfinity because Fios wasn't wired yet. Switching back the day Fios is available. My desk is 20 feet from the router and I needed to purchase a $120 wifi extender.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

They cheerfully honored my request to cancel all services but Internet. Two months until the subsequent billing cycle I realized that they are still billing for equipment that we have as now unused part of the original service, but they never requested to be returned.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

They now block you from reaching an agent via phone or chat when there's an outage in your area. Horrible company. The way to reach an agent is to say "cancel services" and you get right through. Those agents are nice and helpful and can offer your credits.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I cancelled my service due to poor signal in my area. Not their fault. However they hung a cable line too low. After a bad storm a branch knocked it down lower and it’s currently lying in my yard still connected to the pole. Not their fault, I get it. So I called customer service to make them aware and request the removal of said wire as it poses a danger to my children and my dog to have this wire hanging from the pole in my yard. I was told a service tech would remove the wire the next day from 3pm-5pm. Perfect, great timing.

5:30pm I come home and it’s still there. My husband said nobody came. So I called back and got a rep with a bad mic wire and a lot of feedback. I asked to be transferred as the noise was hurting my ears. He argued with me and said he couldn’t do that I’d have to hang up and call back. Unacceptable after a half hour wait. I demanded a supervisor.

After speaking to the supervisor I was told the previous rep had lied to me and they’ll come remove it “at some point”. I asked them repeatedly why I was promised a service window if that wasn’t the case and got no answer. I reminded them that this posed a risk to my children and the agent said “that’s unfortunate but nothing we can do” again.

If I had services with them still I am 100% positive it would be taken care of as it only took 6 hours after calling to get the damn thing installed. I’m half tempted to ask them to turn my services back on just to get the wire out of my yard and then shut it off for a refund. Their service team is unprofessional and definitely incapable not to mention not one of them had a single shred of care. I worked collections. I get it's rough handling upset customer with complaints 24/7. But if you hate your job get a different one like I did.

Xfinity Internet Company Information