Viasat

Viasat Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viasat?
    Punctuality & SpeedReliability

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I cancelled my service with Viasat in Nov of 2022. They were supposed to send boxes, but I never received them. In 2023 they turned my account over to a collection agency for $549.79, no idea this was happening. I've filed a complaint with the BBB, we'll see where that goes. The reason I cancelled was due to super slow speeds and oftentimes unreliable service.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I quit service with Viasat. I never received a box to return equipment and then actually forgot about it. I just had $325 taken from my account because of the equipment not being returned. I caught this before it is completely out of my account and just pending status... my bank said to call Viasat because they can stop the payment. I called and got the rudest most disrespectful person.. a supervisor named Jessica after I was already upset from the other person because of being told they can't stop the payment. Which actually is throwing my checking account behind around $-400.

I was told they can send me a box to send the equipment back but they would not stop the payment. Also, my account is in collections. Well if my account is in collections then how is it Viasat just took money out of my account without me knowing. Also, Viasat can refund that money once they get the equipment. (Even though they don't hold my account anymore and it is in collections) I asked if that would include all the overdraft charges incurred because of them... we all know the answer to that...

And another thing, both people a talked to were not even American... Also, Viasat service sucked anyway... I have better service through the new Hughes Net... same amount of everything that I had with Viasat for less than half the price... and am not sitting and buffering all the time when a cloud comes over... I WILL BE SENDING THIS REVIEW OF VIASAT AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO OTHER SITES... WHERE THIS CAN BE SEEN "WORLDWIDE".. NOT JUST On the Viasat feedback page.!!!

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 19, 2024

Paid upfront to have installation and service started and they gave me an appointment two weeks later. A week after that I got a phone call saying I need to make an appointment and I said I already had one and they said, "Well we don't show it here," so I made another appointment. That day came and went without anyone showing up. And I called them and they said, "We had to cancel it. We didn't have enough people to get out there." And I asked why did no one contact me. I took time off of work and waited all day? All they said was, "We're sorry. We'll make you another appointment." I said, "I've done this twice and if this is the kind of company you are I don't want your service so cancel my order." So they said I get a refund in a couple weeks, we will see. I didn't even know companies like this existed, I wish I had read the reviews before starting the service. All the reviews are just like mine.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed June 10, 2024

I have used Viasat for over 2 years, the Internet itself is subpar and the customer service is terrible, I have cancelled my service which is to be discontinued on the 28th of June, I requested the box they offer in the terms and conditions to send the equipment back, they replied not until after the disconnect, I said it is not in their terms to wait until after the disconnect and I would like the box immediately. They will not send the box and also our internet speed is so slow we can’t use it. Not happy at all.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Customer service is horrible, took forever to get thru on the phone. Set my repair out 2 weeks, tech never showed up, called again, set another 2 weeks out. I canceled. Tech came out anyway. Cost me 300.00 for equipment that the tech took. They never credited my account for the 4 weeks without service that they said they would do and charged me for the equipment the tech took back.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed May 16, 2024

Crap service even with unlimited data. Cancelled after 2wks. 2 mo after canceling they debit our acct $500, for “one time charges and adjustments”. This must be why they insisted final payment could ONLY be electronically, and when canceling their response was, “Did you read our Disclosures?”

Reviewed May 11, 2024

They lied from the beginning. Told me I should have no problem working from home. It never worked right and when I went to cancel I was informed I would have to pay a month more to cancel. They wanted another whole month for one day and of course you can't understand anyone because they don't speak English. Supervisor was worthless. I would never recommend this company.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed May 9, 2024

The service is so slow it reminds me of AOL dial up. Trying to watch a ballgame is frustrating as you are constantly interrupted by buffering. Also, the picture quality goes in and out and will most certainly give you a headache if you watch long enough. While I pay for "unlimited data"...which according to ViaSat is somewhere over 800 gigs within a 30-day period, I am being throttled back at peak hrs after only 400 gigs. The only reason I have ViaSat is because I have a brand-new home in a brand-new neighborhood and there is no other choice here yet. I tried using my phone as a hot spot, but they just don't give you enough gigs to work with. The 24-month contract sucks but I will gladly pay to get rid of them as soon as fiber internet is available in a few months.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Our business purchased a new property in a rural area. This was one of the few companies that serviced the area. I paid the $100 for the installation of internet and phone, 2 week goes by with no follow up, just out of the country calls stating there is no technician in the area. I called Hughesnet Internet and the same day I got the appointment for installation. Please do not waste your time with this company!

Customer Service

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Our experience with Viasat was bad, we experienced frequent outages, subpar internet speeds, and very bad customer service and communication. We paid over 200 dollars a month for this service for a family of 3 and would run out of data every month. Fiber is $99 for 1gb speeds and unlimited.

Viasat Company Information