Verizon Fios

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Fios work well on every level not just reliability. I have never experience a fail of the system and the speed is always the same - does not has lows or high. You just have to call and they send you a guy and he do all the installation process. You just have to sit and enjoy. And that process is almost free. If you have a problem they have many ways to contact them. You can call, send a message, and email or thru the website. They are ready to solve almost every problem. It has one of the most fast connection on the market and that depends on the plan that you buy but is always fast. They had a plan for everyone.

Verizon have a great reliability. They tell you everything you need & want to know, best service guaranteed. The installation took little to no time. Didn't take up lots of space. Customer service is okay but the wait is a little long. I hate having to wait so they can switch from people to people for certain areas you need help in. But at the end the service all works out and it's worth the wait. Verizon is the best and I LOVE the speed. Lots of people may say Verizon has limited this and limited that but the service is great. I would recommend it to lots of jobs also that require internet and computers.

I rarely have to call customer service with any problems. The speed is very fast and efficient. It runs smoothly and I am totally satisfied with their work. Any problems, I can call them up and it is fixed. They are very helpful, polite over the phone, and answered all my questions. They know all about the way FIOS works. I never have to sit and wait a long time for anything I need. Their installation was perfect in every way.

I had a quick and easy installation. The technician was super friendly and knowledgeable. He answered me and my husband's questions efficiently and accurately. They came earlier than my appointment time which was great and stayed until we were satisfied we could use everything on our own. The speed is amazing and I love it. I have at least 8 devices running off my wifi daily, and the speed is constant and consistent. Sometimes I have all 8 devices running and the friends or family visit and use the same connection, with no lag or interruptions.

I don't have the highest speed recommended but then I would need to use at least 30 devices at once to have to switch. I never get knocked off, I can always have service in bad weather, no gaming lag, customer service is great. Anytime I call customer service which is seldom, I always get the solution I need. Even if I am at fault I get compassion and understanding not judgment like other cable companies I have used. I can understand what the customer service rep issuing and that's very important.

My Internet service provider is very reliable and has a really great speed. I have had them for several years now and they have only had issues when there were global issues or power outages. We run our phones, Xbox and computers all from the same wifi and we don't have any issues with speed. Plus, they were very quick to install my service and take care of all my issues. They have been very quick to help with anything that I have needed and are very good at what they do. My Internet service provider has been wonderful and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

I would recommend this to friends, family, and anyone on the fence of getting this internet service provider. Installation was quicker than ever! If you want the installation process to be fast, do what I did and work with Verizon. Verizon is very reliable and whenever in need of help, they are just a call away. They will help you resolve any problem that deals with them. They have helped me in the past and made me develop a trust for them. All of the employees are very nice and helpful. They will prove to you that you should invest in their products instead of competitors. They will not stop informing you about the positives about the company until you give in to them! The speed is excellent too! You can get to anywhere you want in less than a couple minutes! I have been in rushing situations and got through what I had to do because of the speed! Speed is definitely one of their better qualities.

Verizon Fios is very reliable. They come to the house and install the internet service for you. It is great. It is very fast to install -- about 30 minutes. I have no worries with their customer service. They are so nice. They fix the problems so fast. They are in and out. And their service is free, so even better. It is the fastest Wi-Fi I have ever been on. It is amazing. I have recommend to all of my friends and they love it. All of my families use it and have no worries with it. They love it and so do I. When they come over they don't even want to leave. It is so funny.

My internet service is reliable 90% of the time. I have experienced a few incidences where I was unable to connect, but it was fixed quickly. The speed of my internet connection is on par with other providers at other locations. I can browse the internet quickly and seamlessly. I still use a mobile device that was easy to install on multiple devices, connects me to my wireless printer, and allows me to recharge my device. I usually access my account online and am able to chat live with a customer representative when needed. The times that I have needed a quick answer, I have gone directly to the store.

The service was out for almost a month. No customer support was helpful, and I was not allowed a servicer. They had very slow response teams, and nobody is available for most of the day. I couldn't get a call answered for days. They should have more workers working. The internet was slow enough that I could not even use the internet. I had to restart the modem at least 10 times per day. During the installation, the guys were in and out fast. It took an hour max, and Verizon is very good job in this category. Only thing was that the service was outdated.

It is really fast internet which I need for my job so I need a really reliable company and Verizon has proven I made the right choice. Never have to worry about it really. Even with 5 people connected and using it at the same time it is still fast and reliable. I haven't had any serious problems yet and I've had it for a long time. The installation is also fast. Never have to worry about the time to install my app and thing on my computer like documents and other thing for my job. I don't usually call customer service because I don't usually have problems with Verizon but when I do the recording makes it easy to go where I need to and the people are friendly.

Try not to use Verizon, because Verizon makes it very difficult to contact them to change services. Sure, It's easy to find a number to pay your bill or add services, but just try to find a number to change/remove services. During my call today, I wanted to know why my local TV service wasn't cancelled per my request on 1/31. I was told that my record shows that I called in to cancel that service, but was disconnected prior to Verizon being able to cancel the service. Then the CS person stated to cancel the local TV service I would have to pay an early termination fee because she said, incorrectly, that I signed up for this bundle (Local TV + FIOS) in May of 2016. Once she realized she was incorrect she did not apologize. She also said she would have to charge me for service though today versus the day I originally called in to cancel service, even though she could see on the Verizon record that it was my intent to cancel on 1/31/17.

In the end she tried to make me feel better by saying she would waive the $0.97 termination fee (I added local TV service a month earlier and was told there was no contract or early termination fee) and made the local TV service end on 1/31/17 for billing purposes. The bottom line is she was difficult and incorrect and in the end made it soon like she was doing me a favor which was only the correct thing to do. Verizon Customer Service Sucks. Try to avoid if you can.

I had to set up appointment but they did not need to enter the home. They cleaned up after themselves and were quick and efficient. The service worked immediately after installation and there is relatively no downtime. Speed was better than most. Used frequently by roomer and less often by me, but was always available to both on 2 or 3 different computers and 2 TVs at the same time. Very unhappy not provided where I now live. Will order it again as soon as available in my area. Absolutely wonderful. Customer service was great, friendly and professional. They responded rapidly and were able to answer all questions and did not need any money upfront. Fee was acceptable after initial installation. Were able to make arrangements with them to pay with next monthly invoice. Exceptional service in all aspects.

Installation is always the best part. Great guy did an awesome job and was very friendly. I'm sure was underpaid, then you the man surcharge the ** out of parts and little fine print. Snakes in the grass. No help at all or follow through from customer service. Just said what you wanted to hear then did nothing and charge you for it. Worthless. Wish the good old companies were here still. Speed is all the same but would just like to have better quality low rates and do what they say they will.

The service is very reliable but it's just too slow and Fios isn't available in my area. I have never had any problems with the DSL service other than it's just slow. My DSL speed is only 3 meg and it is ok for basic things but if your streaming video or downloading it is very slow and the videos buffer quite a bit. The installation was great, technician was very well versed, very efficient and did an all around great installation. I was very pleased with the installation. I have always had very good customer service. The representatives are very professional, have always answered my questions and taken care of anything. If needed I would recommend Verizon to anyone.

My service provider speed is very good and does not take long in loading while connecting to internet. It is good to use and very fast while using it. It is reliable to recommend for friends, family and relative based on it speed. It satisfied my need any time am using either outside the room or inside. The service is also very easy to install because it does not take take while installing it. My service provider customer service are worth to be saying because they always attend to me any time am having problem with my service.

The installation was pretty quick and easy, unlike other providers that can take forever. The customer service is also a great thing from this company. They're all nice, understanding and very helpful when I needed help figuring out the service. Also, the internet service's speed was quick and made things much easier for me. The service is quicker than past services and it is very reliable. It was definitely worth having and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new service provider.

The internet is reliable and speed is very good because it is able to support all of the devices I have in my household that use internet at once. We have one laptop, 2 smartphones, and an apple tv streaming service. It is also pretty fast and downloads quickly. I have not experienced any prolonged outages. However I have experienced some slowness when purchasing or watching on demand content.

The installation was easy but I felt it could have moved a little quicker. We had an issue with some fiber optic cables during the process which caused a slow down and I feel could have been resolved with a more experienced or further trained employee. The customer service was good though and they resolved the issue in a somewhat timely manner. They are nice. Sometimes it takes a while to get to a real person and they tend to put you on hold a lot but never for a significant extended amount of time. Everyone I have dealt with is very friendly but I feel the demand for representatives is greater than the supply.

The installation took too long, the worst part was my house was already set up for their brand of service so it should have been a quick install but it wasn't. That would have not been an issue had the person doing the install been nicer. The person was very rude and did not even try to explain anything. The upload and download speed were quick with the internet. I rarely had loss in service and if I ever had a problem, when I called help desk they were mostly helpful. However, I had a few issues with the service going in and out and it seemed as the person I was speaking to was not being attentive and did not want to help. The more I explained the issue the more it seemed they didn't even understand their own products. And sometimes when I called they couldn't send someone out for a couple of days. For the price I was paying I expected better service. The price is also the only thing holding me back from saying that I would recommend them.

I work from home and need a reliable internet connection. Fios provides me the peace of mind I need for both business and personal use. Service is generally quick when only my laptop is on the network, but can slow down considerably when multiple devices are connected at the same time. Overall I'm satisfied with the internet speed. We haven't had occasion to contact Verizon regarding our Fios service, so that is a good thing! Although, Fios installation takes a VERY long time. The technicians were good, but it took most of a Saturday to install the service components. There is also a large box needed as a control center for the service.

The installer, Joseph, was very courteous and respectful of our home. He appeared well trained, knowledgeable and patient in explaining how the job was to be done and upon completion, how the features worked. Whether in person, Verizon store and telephone customer service and technical personnel were well trained, courteous and helpful in providing an excellent customer service experience.

Moreover, Verizon Fios has reasonable speed and reliability. Have had only one service disruption in past year. It always seems to work, rain, shine or with battery backup during power outage. I had XFINITY in past and have found Fios to be more reliable. While there are other options available I find the basic speed adequate for my needs. However, if I were in a business quick turn environment, I would most likely consider an upgrade to a higher speed.

Fast, cost-efficient. Very rare outages. Would not choose different company. Have used others but this has been most reliable of all. Internet speed is quicker than most other providers. More value for your dollar. Techs online 24/7 to answer questions and address issues which are very rare occurrences. Installer arrived promptly, earlier than schedule. Installed neatly in short time. Had all working. Very good quality installation. Exceptional wire maintenance plan. Customer Support is Grade A. Kept informed during whole process. Answer all questions. Fast and knowledgeable after-hours support cares about needs. Willing to go extra mile to make customer happy. Very enjoyable experience.

Installation was very easy and quick to set up. It took around 5 minutes and it is very great and I love it very much. It has a much better setup than any of the other services I have found!!! Verizon has fast speed, never lags, and works great in the middle of nowhere! That's what I like about it. It is great and cool. They also have amazing customer support. The people on the phone are very nice and helpful. A plus plus plus! I love Verizon and it's an overall 5-star experience!!! I would recommend to a friend or family member as the service is great too!

The process was less intrusive than a previous provider I'd used, in that they did not have to wire cables from the basement through the floor in the living room. The installation was relatively simple and didn't take too long, and I understood how to operate the hardware (i.e. the router) pretty confidently. Verizon is pretty reliable, although I had two instances recently where the services stopped working. But I was able to contact customer service very quickly and they helped me to resolve the issue although I was a bit worried because the phone service was also affected and I had to use my cell phone. But the experiences with customer service themselves were very good. The representative was knowledgeable, friendly, and able to help me fix the problem quickly.

Other than that, I am very happy with the service's reliability in terms of quality - particularly the internet, which works at a very good speed - I've hardly ever experienced "buffering" or problems playing video, and downloads are easy and fast.

I switched to Verizon specifically because of the reliability, which, so far, has been much better than my previous provider. It is the fastest internet I have ever had. I could not be happier. Latency is never an issue, and I have never been down. I regularly conduct speed test and have never found an issue. During the installation, I had to do nothing, just be here. The installer took care of everything at the time he said, and he was very fast. Everything about setup was explained to me in a way that was easily understood. There has never been a time when I couldn't get in touch with customer service very quickly and have my issue handled rapidly. They are also very courteous.

My internet is great, cheap and super fast. I love this high speed internet. It's simple and to the point. I can go on the internet and be to my destination in less than 30 seconds. I love when guest come over and they are wowed by my fast internet. My internet instantly connects and I always get good reviews from people about my internet. They always ask and I advertise for Verizon Fios because people are usually very satisfied with my internet connection and so am I. It was easy to install my internet. In less than 10 minutes the internet was up and working with no problem. Customer service is great. Usually they are very friendly. They are very fast in and out, and they are polite and kind. They are very patient with you and gives you your money worth.

My internet service provider reliability is A-one when it comes to connectivity and speed. My internet searches always come back with plenty of results. The price I pay for my internet speed is very affordable. My internet installation experience was fast and very professional done. The service representative was friendly and answered all of my questions. I was instructed on how to use and operate my equipment. My customer service experience was pleasant. I was informed of my service packet, what it would cost for me to add a faster speed to my service. My internet service speed was twice the speed after I had completed talking to customer service rep. I was very satisfied with my new internet speed.

An installer from the company came to my house on the day and at the time they said they would. They worked efficiently and it didn't take too long for them to get me connected. The speed of service is excellent. It's always fast with no lag in bringing up pages and the only times it might be slow is when there is not good reception in some area I am in. But even then it's pretty good. It has always worked in the places I've been whether I'm traveling in the car, in somewhat remote areas, in mountains and at home. I have never had any dropped calls. I have had to go into a Verizon store and ask questions which were answered to my satisfaction. I also had to return a phone once that didn't work and they had the company send me another one. They handled everything and all I had to do was wait for it to arrive in the mail.

My initial call to set up installation was very professional and courteous. We were able to set a quick appointment. They came out, my husband showed them where things were, and it seemed like no time and they were done and gone, and we had internet. I haven't had to call them with any problems since install. On occasion, if the Wi-Fi seems iffy or slow, we reset the modem box and within minutes, it's running great again. We play a lot of online games in our household, as well as streaming movies regularly, and we are always happy with the speed. It hasn't been an issue even once.

Verizon once double billed me for months when I moved. For 3 months I kept asking them to STOP billing me for my old address of service. I even used their apparently INCOMPETENT moving service to my new address to continue the same rate/phone number/etc. Finally I told them I am not going to pay the old bill anymore. They need to STOP billing me. So they sent it against my credit. It took months to get them to remove it.

The only reason they require a credit check is they want to be able to RUIN your credit if you don't pay. They could just charge my credit card for services instead and cancel services if I don't pay. But they have terrible responsiveness to turning off services and don't want to fix that so they ruin my credit instead. Verizon sucks #verizonsucks #verizonpoop #verizonisterrible.

Misleading advertisement - After being with Comcast Cable for 20 years, I noticed an ad for Verizon Fios. The ad read $79.99 with the $79.99 crossed out and $74.99 the "special" price per month for a specific service level and you would also receive a $200 credit card. I called and spent over 4 hours on the phone during the day I had signed up trying to get the deal right. Well, I was finally assured that the deal would happen at $74.99 but the $79.99 would show up for the first month (bad sign!) and then be adjusted to reflect the $74.99 with a $5 credit only 2nd bill. WRONG!!! I had to call three times to get this straightened out!!! Finally, it was take care of.

THEN, I get an email saying that the are worried that I will "miss" my opportunity to collect my "$150" credit card if I don't register for it!?!?!? First, I was never told to "register"! Secondly, it was $200 dollar credit card that they owed me. Well, I called Verizon and was apologized to for only getting $150 but that was what I was getting rather than the $200 card that was advertised. At this point, they transferred me to customer service. Then customer service said I was in the wrong place that I needed sent back to the "rewards" dept that I just spoke to! Then I was put on hold for 49 minutes with the "rewards" rep waiting to be transferred to her manager! I finally hung up and I am now in the process of removing Verizon equipment (already done!!!) and I have called Comcast back and will get my great service back again! Please STAY with Comcast if you have it. Just negotiate the price down a little and stay with them!!!

Compare Internet Service Providers