2.11/5
Based on 293 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2911 Verizon Fios Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I believe Fios is full of lies. Customer service agents, will lie to you, and do anything they can to get more money. I was told I was moving my service, it turns out it started a new contract. I wanted to switch to just internet instead of a bundle. I would’ve had to pay a cancelation fee and a fee for the new service. Fios does everything to make things difficult. Phone support doesn’t do anything to help. All they do is tell you how it’s going to be.

If the internet wasn’t good, there’d be no business for you. Because no one cares about home phone service and the cable service sucks. The channel groupings are so specific, that you have to keep adding different packages to get all the channels you want. If AT&T home service was available on the east coast, I’d get it out of spite because Fios has done nothing to earn my loyalty or support. In fact they give me every reason to never do business again. And soon I will be starting my own small business, and I have no desire to bring more business to Fios. They do not deserve it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

If you get Verizon Fios expect 1 hour wait times by phone, appointments that get pushed out by hours and then cancelled with no notice after you have waited the ENTIRE day. Customer service is useless with no information or explanation. Poorly trained and poorly staffed. Expect multiple appointments to get cancelled and rescheduled days out with no explanation. I am going to look to switch my service. Do not waste your time. Absolutely the worst experience I have had.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I am using Comcast internet service. Verizon sales representative came to home. Ask to switch internet service. They said, “We have better offer. We will go for 150 mbps speed.” Once I was little interested in offer to listen and they said, “In your area we offer 100 mbps” (They lie that they have 150 mbps offer). Then they said, “If you take service from us we will give 3 years price lock.” No contract but price is lock. Online they offer 1 year for new customer but from them it's 3 years price lock. I have asked them to give me 1 day to think, they said, “If we leave from here then you will no longer get that offer.” Then I have signed up for new service.

After that I have asked them, “Where is the confirmation about 3 years price lock”, they said, “Once your account will be set-up you can see that.” After few days my account was ready and I checked that promotional price is good for 1 year only. After that I have called many time to sales representative. After multiple trials, only one time she picked up phone, and I asked her that how I can get confirmation about 3 years price lock. Then she said, “Next year when your promotion end then call to Verizon customer care they will apply promotion.” I told them Verizon will do only for new customer not for new customer. Then they said, “I will ask my manager that how to send you confirmation for price lock.”

After that day sales representative never picked up my phone. After 1 month, I called Verizon customer service and they said, "We have promotional offer for 1 year only. We don’t have any offer for 3 years price lock." It clearly indicate that sales representative were lying to me. They were lying to get new customer. Please be aware with cheater and liar sales representative of Verizon. They just lies to you to get a new customer. Please stay away with them and I will argue to Verizon also to teach them so they don’t cheat with customer. Because of this I will never go with Verizon for any service in future. Verizon is also responsible to hire correct employee or teach them ethics who should not lie to customer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

As a Verizon customer for 10+ years I probably should of known better. My incident started when a couple of Verizon sales reps were in my neighborhood. I ducked them once but was cutting my grass the next day and they showed up behind me like the state troopers do when you're speeding. So they begin to tell me that they have a special promo and they will upgrade my D.V.R., internet speed, and take $10 off my bill! I said, "What’s the catch?" He assured me no catch and after several more questions asking and making sure what he was saying was true I said ok.

Fast forward 1 week: tech comes with just a router. “No boxes”. He tells me that they are only giving highspeed internet, he has no other info. Figuring I’d call the next day to see what the issue was I go on with my night and find out my whole D.V.R. Is not working. They changed my plan to take off $10 and took off the DVRs. WTF. I pay $246 a month!!!! It took 4 days just to get my regular DVRs back! 3 WEEKS later and they basically tell me that I didn’t get it in writing so I can take it or leave it, I talked to a manager “Liz” that basically told me to kick rocks and was so rude, with a chip on her shoulder that I’m going to cancel my service.

The good thing is that Liz the manager told me that she could care less that I switch to Comcast. So I guess it’s a blessing in disguise because my bill will only be $149 for more than what I had before. Hey Verizon come pick up your garbage boxes. They're on the sidewalk in front of my house!!! Btw when I was talking to the customer service before Liz “that really did try to help” when I said it be easier to switch to the other provider she said Comcast had superior services. I bet that’s what she has at her own house.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

From the start of services. I had the services for less than two months. They had to come back out to my home 4 times to fix the same problem internet and phone not working. The problem still exists. I have been on the phone for 2-4 hours with customer service from time to time and they would hang up on me. As I type this review my internet and phone is out right now. I have to use my cell phone hotspot for internet services. I have had days that it would go out for a few days. Not one time have they credit me for non-working days. It has been a nightmare.

The internet and phone has been going off for past couple of days that we just gave up. I don't even bother to call Verizon because I will be on the phone for at least 2.5-4 hours and I won't get anywhere with the call and the problem will not be fix. Customer service is rude and they don't listen to you. I have had 4 people out to my home in the last 6-8 weeks and the problem still not fix. This is very bad service. When I ask them to just cut the services off at one point they hung up on me. One time they even offer me a $30 discount. I said to the representative, "The current services I have don't work so it don't matter and why would I agree to a 24 month contract agreement?" Please help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I requested to up my internet speed. I was told my bill would go up 60 and I had to pay 100 for a tech to come out. She can in Wednesday and proceeded to do the upgrade. During which she sat on my couch and ate her lunch!!! She never finished said she had other customers and left. Call me that night at 8:50, I was on my way home from work. Told me too tired, be over tomorrow. When I got home, I wanted to watch tv. My DirecTV was not working! Because the incompetent tech, cut the line in half to DTV! I've been trying for 3 days to get someone here to fix this. I've talked to 12 different people and they put me on hold or hang up! I'm disgusted in you Verizon Fios you are the worst company on the planet.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

So we decided to try Verizon for our cable and internet, so we switched and the deal sounded pretty good. It has been nothing but a nightmare for a week. The tech that came out to install our service drilled a hole through an existing wire and shorted out my flat screen TV. I filed a claim and not heard from them in three days. I refuse to pay for a Tv that they shorted when is working perfectly fine. It has been nothing but a nightmare since we got Verizon. I would never recommend this company to anyone, they are the worst. When you call, you're told it’s an hour wait and that they can call you back, sometimes it takes three hours before you hear from someone.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I've been in a network issue for 8 months and no one is helping me. 7 computers and hard drives all changed to the wrong PCs. The customer service in the Philippines told me that they were our internet provider and when we called the phone side they say it's not true. I want restitution for my damaged equipment. I called customer service 92 times in the last 8 months and still having problems getting online by myself. I have the right to know who is listening to my conversations hanging up in the middle of a phone call. They sent me a letter stating I was nasty to their customer support. That is not true. I'm straight to the point. Another sounds like defamation of character and I bet it someone in a different country that complains.

Also someone changed all the names on my business to my wife's name and manipulated my browser to do thing that I was not supposed to. I reported it to the FTC and they found problems with AOL and Verizon and since then all my PCs have been damaged. They stole everything in my house and I think it's spite work from AOL AND VERIZON FOR REPORTING THEM. I used to love going on the internet. They ruined my hobby. I want restitution. That is like CRIMINALS AND THIS IS THE TRUEST REVIEW ANYONE CAN GIVE. I want my stuff back and my business back and tell me who is on my network.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I've been a Verizon Customer in some form since it started. I have FIOS Triple Play. It was fine until it came to contract renewal. The terms discussed were ultimately not honored. Despite complaints to the FCC (which I encourage everyone to call 888-225-5322 or fill out complaint form by querying FCC Complaints), Verizon typically evades incriminating parts of a complaint and also denies things that are a legitimate part of the complaint. That in itself suggests the company has management issues. In fact it has employee morale issues that can be found on the internet. Since merging with AOL, anyone with original Verizon emails will notice problems with their email client. Verizon is responsible for servicing the email issues but would like to unload them completely and have you deal directly with AOL. AOL will then hound you to buy their services.

Verizon also pulls nonsense such as disconnecting you when you wait a long time, has intermittent internet speed issues, and escalating complaints which typically goes to their Executive Group is generally a waste of time. The MAIN ISSUE is Verizon is generally a Triple Play monopoly in any given area when you factor in all the things they offer such as wireless and branded phones. They are the real phone company and do their repairs which is important. Their Wireless service has the best coverage. Due to intense competition by other companies such as getting unlocked smartphones, their monopoly gets chipped away and their prices stay within a certain range. They have to make up for this by trying to force you to spend. When you don't, you're not that valuable to them. The key is, don't let BIG DOGS bully you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I had recently signed up for Verizon internet, and when I received the equipment I set it up and tested it. The internet was really slow, and I wasn't pleased with the results. I wanted to give it another shot so I plugged it back in 2 days later, and still the same slow speed. I then got on the phone with customer service. I had called the number provided around 4:45 pm when I got home from work. The automated machine said the wait time will be an hour. I was okay with this because I still had time to do some stuff around the house. Well, 4 HOURS AND 4 MINUTES had passed someone had picked up, and then somehow we had got disconnected. I then called the same number back just to find out that I needed to call back during "business hours."

So I called back the next morning to speak with a customer service rep, and after 10 minutes I was connected with someone. She told me that I will be charged for the services that I signed up for after I told her what they had put me thru the other night. I was on hold for 4 hours! I only had the box for a week, and you guys are still going to charge me? I asked to speak to the supervisor, and she told me the same thing. Just a very bad experience for me. I would probably never want to try Verizon again, and I'm glad I don't have their wireless service anymore either. I would NOT recommend to my family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. THE REVIEWS ARE ALL ACCURATE... I contact Verizon Fios thinking that I will get awesome service being that I've been a Customer for 20 years plus with Verizon Wireless/home phone. My Son needed Wi-Fi at his location in Phillipsburg NJ. The sales representative lied and told him by providing his ss# it's just to confirm his identity. However he pulled my son's credit prior to him asking him not to. Nonetheless my son couldn't afford the deposit therefore I opened an account thinking it's Verizon. What can go wrong... Well it all went downhill once they get you in, we were told the service will be installed within three days later and we will receive the modem which will prepare us for the installation being there was no need for a technician to come out. The modem they sent did not work which prompt us to call.

I couldn't believe the incompetence I receive for six days calling back and forth being transferred between customer service and tech support departments, language barrier, (it appears we were calling out of the states Philippines, India etc.) put on hold for hours plus. The recording stated if you don't want to hold leave your number and someone will get back to you, well that never happened. On the fourth day we finally got a technician whom appeared to understand what our needs were, nonetheless he promised we will received our modem in the mail the following day. Two days pass we never got it so my son called in. Provided them with account number, phone, order # and address, yet they were unable to locate our account.

I called asked for a Supervisor. I honestly couldn't believe the guy didn't even get my information nor was he concerned after speaking with him for ten seconds he 'TRANSFERRED' me to customer service. Once again we were promise the service will be active the following day, "THAT NEVER HAPPENED." Called back the next morning after holding for 30minutes I finally got a representative. I explained the situation. However told him I've been holding far too long. He promised me a callback. Told me he doesn't want to lose a customer... Wow once he called me in the evening as I picked up he said "hello" and hung up on me... Indescribable insane. I'm thinking perhaps the call drop, however I never received a phone call back, As this would have happened if it was Verizon Wireless or any other company trying to get business.

I have never been so disgusting with customer service in my 35 years of being in this industry. By far this is the worst I've ever seen and the sad part is, It's Verizon. We eventually cancelled the service after speaking with a Representative from the islands whom said he understood but once again unable to assist because we had to again speak with support. Extremely dissatisfied coming from Verizon. BEYOND DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

They had a deal for a gigabyte upgrade for $10 and you also get $10 off your Verizon Wireless bill. I'm on a contract for December 2019. I asked a feller, "Does anything change?" He says, "No. That's all you have to do now." I'm finding out I had to do an upgrade without being told instead of paying for a router because that's the way they operate. The fella never told me that I tried calling and talking to 3 people even the supervisor and got nowhere. I feel if you're under a contract they have the right to tell you what they're upgrading if they change things. The people that work for them do not explain. Just tell you what I said in the beginning until you get the email. I didn't get the email right away. I got a text which doesn't show you everything on a text so I waited.

I got a survey thanking me and my name is not Kenneth by the way. Set up with the service customer service. They getting worse and I'm not getting what I had because they can't give it to me because I took it off in the beginning. All I want is the same service I had and it's not going to happen. They said so. Now I have to pay for something I don't want. I did not accept the second offer. Frustrated. What do I do.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We have been with Verizon for over 9 years. Over the years we've upgraded our service package and bundled more services such that Verizon now provides our TV, internet, phone and mobile services. We spend a large amount monthly for these services. Over the past several months our internet service has been quite poor. However, when trying to get support, we were faced either with interminable wait queues (over an hour) or warnings that, "if we dispatch a technician there may be a charge unless you buy the monthly protection package." While our service was ridiculously slow, it wasn't completely disconnected.

Eventually, after months of this, I told them to send a tech but I would not be paying anything; if they determined it to be a problem they couldn't fix on their end, I'd just change providers. When the technician arrived (almost 2 hours late) he checked the Verizon-provided equipment and determined that it was obsolete and not providing anywhere close to the contracted service level we were paying for. He replaced the obsolete Verizon equipment and the connection was dramatically improved.

I contacted customer care/billing to get credited for the outage and service degradation, but both the front line customer service agent and the billing supervisor refused to help or acknowledge the issue in any way. As a long-time Verizon customer I am completely disgusted with the extremely poor customer service and lack of responsiveness. They clearly do not value my business.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

After being on the phone for countless hours setting up my Fios plan I was so glad I was finally done! The customer service reps of whom I have spoken to (5 different ones) have little to no knowledge of what they’re selling. Another hung up on me mid-conversation. After this entire escapade trying to get this done I thought I was done. However I was far from it, I went to my store to pick up my router box etc...only to find they set my plan up completely wrong and I was never even set up for it. I had to get setup with an entire new plan at the store and come to find out I can’t even do the self install like each customer service rep assured me I could do. I needed a tech to come out and the closest date was 8 days from now. Thank you so so soooo much Verizon .Your employees are idiots and your company is trash.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Why is it you pay money to a company for internet service, and they are allowed to make it so slow and awful that you have to go somewhere else to use someone else's internet service because the one you actually paid for is substandard. Verizon manipulates you into buying services, TV and phone, that you don't want, if you don't buy their stupid products they slow down your service to a snails crawl. They pretend they are actually doing you a favor by giving you stupid points when you pay your bill, but the joke is the points earn you nothing! What a greedy, rotten manipulative company.

As soon as I cancel my service which will be today they will be calling and sending all their marketing junk to tell me about their great deals. Verizon if you have such great deals I would not be writing this and I would not be cancelling you service. Do you know what they charge me for .5Mpb $52.99. Do you know how slow that is? Let me explain. Every single site you go to you sit for more than a minute waiting for it to load. My daughter joked, "you know your internet is bad when you can't even get on the providers site!" Yup, that is true. It takes forever to even load Verizon's own site.

Why is this monopoly in disguise allowed to continue? GREED! If they gave a decent service at a reasonable price no one would mind paying, but no they try to force you to buy a bunch of awful services and give you substandard service. The crazy part is if they just gave good service you would want to buy other stuff. On their site they are advertising If this is the only internet service in your area I''m sorry you don't have a choice, but if you have any other choice do not buy anything from VERIZON.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I am so disgusted, as I always am, whenever I am trying to TALK to a HUMAN customer service rep. instead of HAVING to press or speak to a robot!! I get sent to my account. Press what I want, get sent to another screen, then get sent back again. I finally get a message on the corner of my screen asking to chat. I press chat, nothing happens. I again Press customer service and get sent back to a robot screen. I then call another number to TALK to a HUMAN Customer Service Agent, I am told again by a robot to press numbers. When it finally realizes I want to speak to a HUMAN I get told by a robot "To hold or get a callback instead of holding." Now I just answered the callback phone and it answered with a robot telling me to hold on for the next available Rep!!

Then after I TALKED and hung up with a Human Customer service, the phone rang and it was a robot asking to take a survey on the customer service I received. What is going to happen to the workers when these robots finally take the whole system over. I can not even get a phone number listing when I call. I have to yell into the phone because the robot cannot understand me!!! I don't even get the number after trying for over five minutes!! We have to pay for that service!!! Now you guess how my feelings are!! Oh wait, maybe robots can't read this!!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was happy to get Verizon Fios services till I actually experienced their services. Verizon Fios customer services is absolutely trash. I've tried to speak with customer services center many times; I was on hold forever every time I called. (If you need to call business customer center, forget it. You will never get to speak with someone.) Thus, my issues were never resolved right away. And now I'm regretting that I purchased TV and Internet services from Fios. I might have to switch to Spectrum soon. This is a joke. First, my recent order has been changed once without my permission, they added one option to increase monthly price, so I had to fix this which took me 2 days (very hard to talk to a representative). Double check with your plan even after buying it.

Second, the installation was another pain in the butt. The tech arrived very late (one hour and a half hour) and the tech guy could not even install services on the day scheduled. So it was rescheduled. Very disappointing and I wasted so much time just waiting. Lastly, this is the worst part. The tech guy did not use his own HDMI cable. Instead, he used MINE to connect TV with TV box which is absolutely stupid.

I always place HDMI cable near TV to connect with a laptop, but why he used that? Verizon uses customers' cables and stuff? Unbelievable. Thus, I was not able to use TV and TV box for days until the new HDMI arrived. (They sent it because it was their fault.) I wish they could send it through another tech guy who would go work in my area the next day so I could have gotten it the next day. Every issue was addressed very slowly which contrasts from when I was buying deals. They acted quickly and kindly to sell their deals; when they sold it, they no more act quickly. This is my Verizon Fios experience so far. Quite a lot of issues just happened in few days after I requested TV and internet services.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been a Verizon Fios Bundle customer since 2008. I have been satisfied with the quality of Verizon and especially the customer service until today. On June 28, 2018, I renewed my 2 year bundle package which included Extreme HD TV. I tried my favorite channel - the Tennis Channel, and two other channels that I used to have but no longer. The message is I no longer am subscribed to this station. On July 23, 2018, I checked the Extreme HD TV channel line up on the Verizon website and the channels, BBC World News, CBS Sports Network, and the Tennis Channel, were listed. On July 23, 2018, I contacted Verizon with the discrepancy. The service representative rebooted the DVR set box and nothing happened. They, too, checked the Verizon website for the Extreme HD TV line up and confirmed that I am to have those channels.

I was transferred to tech support who looked into it and confirmed that the website has the 2014 Extreme TV line up, not the changed current 2018. The 2018 version does not have those channels along with HBO or ShowTime which I used to have. Tech support bounced me back to service because those three individual channels have to be "programmed" into the package I renewed. I was given a ticket number and told someone will contact me within 48 hours. 72 hours later, on July 26, I called Verizon again. The tech support knew what I was talking about, bounced me back to service rep who insisted that if she rebooted the system those 3 channels will magically appear. I told her not to reboot and proceeded to explain the situation and she rebooted my system anyway, not once but twice despite my protestations.

Once she realized the reboot was not working, she bounced me back to tech support. Tech support found the ticket number in the system and stated that Verizon did not update their webpage to reflect the changes. The tech guy chatted with sales and service who stated they could not switch me back to the 2014 version but will add the 3 missing channels which will take 3 business days. Verizon needs to make good on the TV line up they have posted on the Webpage. This is what I agreed to pay for and therefore I should receive the stations. I wonder how many more "missing" channels I do not have but am paying for. Two days, and two hours of my time I cannot get back and more than likely those 3 channels as well.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Associates gave inaccurate info or missing info on services and fees. Stated they would waive installation then charged me anyway. Supervisor said they could not listen to recording - they had no access to them to prove me correct. Basically told me they would not have said that. Said they gave me 15 dollar discount basically as a favor to compensate me when in fact I was given it on first call and it's on first bill. Told that could not be so either. Added on fees after providing minimal quotes. Tried to charge me again for need for further installation services to correct their errors.

This is not even the half of it. Have spent 8 hours in phone calls and 19 days later my bill is now 40 more than first quoted and I am locked into 2 year contract after given false info and quotes. I even got a quote for the same thing from one rep as 160 and another for 79.50 for the same service. It's recorded!!! I am still with a dysfunctional TV due to the manner in which cable was installed and I am without my phone jack for my landline, while I am paying for it!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Less than one star and that's been my experience for the past several years. Horrible customer service to loyal, long time clients! Called last year due to outage of all in home services; internet, Fios TV, and home phone all out. First available tech to come out is a contractor 4 days later! In a recent review of bill in upgrading with a third party, it became obvious that I've been exponentially overcharged for at least the last eight years!! The third party was willing to help and to NO avail. The wrong numbers given and the horribly long wait times to only speak with another third party that CANNOT help! The run around continues from Verizon with NO resolution! They treat new customers exceptionally better than long term 20 + years clients. Going to get antenna and subscribe only to overpriced internet.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Buyer Beware: I canceled my Verizon service due to poor business practices, service and expense after having been a customer for many years paying over $2,400 annually. I was told my balance was zero and even received a refund check for just under $40.00. Today received a new invoice for $96.00 and called to find out what it was for since there was no description on the invoice. 1.) A $50.00 cancellation fee for a contract I never authorized. 2.) Prorated charges for internet service beginning after I canceled my service through a month after I canceled my service. Verizon's defense is that it says I owe the money in their system and are unwilling to correct it.

The supervisor (Mr. **) also provided no contact information for me to pass this to legal to resolve. I have also since requested a copy of the contract and asked what legal jurisdiction the contract is under and was sent to the website where this information is not easily available leaving me to believe this is business practice rather than an error. My warning to you: Verizon has all the information needed to create new product orders, extend contracts and add services to your account without your knowledge. If you are on auto-pay you may never notice or it will be months to years before you do and will not get that money back easily if at all - Best to choose another service provider.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Am I the only one who thinks that Verizon is deliberately up-selling TV to customers on the basis that it will reduce their bill, only to find out this is not the case? I had no choice in being a Fios customer, I had Verizon DSL Internet and Cavalier telephone for years. In 2012 I found a technician from Verizon installing a gray box on the side of my house, he explained it was "for my telephone service". A few days later Cavalier telephone wrote to me explaining that they were heading out of the telephone game for good and my service would be passed over to Verizon, whom I should call for a tech appointment. I called not understanding the technology involved or what was happening. Before I knew it Fios was installed and I was getting a bill for phone and internet that was considerably less than what I paid for the two services from two different companies previously.

Now I have to say that the Internet was far superior to the DSL and immediately noticeable, the phone was crystal clear and also immediately noticeable. My only gripe was my over the top phone services for long distance and International no longer worked. However the Fios Internet was that much better than DSL I was able to get a Skype phone handset that was even cheaper than my old over the top services.

A couple of months in Fios called me and told me that if I took TV as well my bill would be reduced significantly from around $110 a month to $80 a month. So I agreed and out came the tech who installed a set top box on all 3 of my TV sets. Again I had no idea about what the change involved or the technology used. My $80 bill went to $180. I was livid, I was mad! I did not need to rent 3 set top boxes, nor did I want TV. They agreed to drop the TV in my bundle to local only and I returned the set top boxes, my bill went back to $110 a month when you include the taxes and fees, and I could watch local TV by connecting the Fios cables directly to the TV sets.

Fast forward to 2017 - I see and want Gigabit Internet, I call and ask only to be told that it will be $300 extra on my current bundle to upgrade to Gigabit. When I explain that the commercials on TV are advertising it for $89.99 including TV and phone, they tell me that only new customers can get this price and that I would have had a discounted bundle when I signed up. I explain this is not the case and I had no choice in becoming a Fios customer, but get nowhere. I try several times between then and today, each time being told that if I remove TV from my bundle, even if I don't get Gigabit Internet, my price goes up by over $100 a month. By this point the local TV bundle has dropped so many channels I couldn't care less and really just want rid of it.

Eventually I write to the FCC who explain they can't help and forward my complaint to Verizon. Verizon Executive division call me and tell me they are here to help lower my bill. Exactly the same words I heard in 2012 when I was convinced I needed to add TV. We go through option after option and repeatedly I am told that I need TV to lower my bill, I am not going to get faster Internet and phone alone for less than $160 a month unless I add TV and pay $130 including set top box rental. I keep explaining that I don't want TV and I don't want rental equipment even where the rental fee is waived. I want rid of the TV completely. I request the guy's name number and extension and tell him I will call back. He tells me he will call again 5 days from now because the FCC want to see the complaint wrapped up.

Later I log onto My Verizon portal and try to add/change services. It allows me to select Gigabit Internet and phone together for $88 a month taxes and fees included. It does not however allow me to complete the order because I must call them to cancel or remove the TV service from my account. Something that I am certain now that they are never going to do. Later that evening they send me an email telling me that because I am a loyal customer I can now watch Showtime free for the next few months. Perhaps I should call and request a set top box to take up their generous offer...

Original review: July 23, 2018

The fact that I'm on here writing a scathing review is in itself telling; most times, I get online to write how much I love a product. But today was the last straw. In fact, I signed up on consumer affairs just to share how upset I am. Verizon Fios customer service is SO bad, your Mother would put soap in their mouth. I wouldn't even recommend trying to contact them in this decade (it will take that long for them to return your call). Then, say they do manage to call you back...you'll go through the rounds of how many ways they are sorry and cannot help you with (you name it, they can't solve it! ).

I've had them in the past, and it was nowhere near this bad, so I thought, sure, I'll sign up again a few years later as the need arose. In fact, previously they were pretty decent albeit a little pricey. A simple installation, quick setup, voila! Billing was straightforward and they made efforts to fix things appropriately. Now, the actual Fios internet seems to be reasonable most days - that is, when I'm not troubleshooting why my work VPN doesn't get along with my home Fios router even though it literally works everywhere else across the globe (even Alaska's unstable networks were better). Reboot the router, update the firmware, et cetera, let's face it...this Fios router is simply cursed. Oh, and I love how Fios couldn't comprehend that yes, it is a Verizon router (labelled as such)...so yes, it should be supported. I digress.

Moving on, let's try getting new service started. First, how many times do I have to tell them I don't own a TV and therefore do not want nor need TV service. Even better, when they offered it at the setup, I answered yes for them to apply the autopay discount, but they did not do that. And since it wasn't reflecting online, I called back to find out why. So, at least 6 calls and various levels of unhelpful reps later, probably more, several phone tags because I have a life and a career that doesn't allow me to sit around waiting all day on these people, they call back to say that it is applied and should be good.

Then, I get the bill and *shockingly* it is not applied. I begin the call-back saga once again, only to eventually hear back that the discount won't be applied until the next billing cycle because it wasn't applied until the DAY AFTER setup. The DAY AFTER they did not do as asked up front. And it was an account manager, Larry, who just couldn't help me further, but once again insisted I go for a TV package. *sigh* Larry, I've been in customer service before, and experience goes that you should at least try to rectify the situation. Good Luck fellow peers, I think I will be shopping for another vendor (if any of the other vendors are smart, they could really poach Verizon's customer base with better phone service and less fees). Maybe a lawyer too the way this is going.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I cannot stand dishonesty. I was quoted a price for my cable and internet service only to see my bill be increased by 20.00 and change! And they promised me that the quote they gave me was exactly the price I’d pay. I am going to look into what these young kids are doing today. Hulu and some of the other things. I cannot stand what Verizon Fios is doing. They didn’t even attempt to honor the price after I had names and dates of agents I spoke with. I always stick to my word. It’s a shame Verizon Fios doesn’t. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The remote sucks, the buttons are not set to a comfortable position, their On Demand sucks, movie and TV poor selection. The option of not being able to pause live TV sucks, wish we never changed service.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have been accepting horrific customer service from FIOS and Verizon in general for years. It stops today! I will never use their service again. I was told by a supervisor that CS personnel get reprimanded if they cancelled my account without trying to retain me. I just wanted to be cancelled. Nothing else. I would not suggest this service to anyone. Verizon if you listen or care, you just lost a customer who has been with you for a very long time. You will also lose my business on the Mobile side soon.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I was bait and switched by being told moving (2 blocks away) the same service was not available- 50/50 internet to be exact. I was forced into a new contract with faster service for that reason. My services were set wrong and when I called I was told, "Ok sorry about that. We will correct it." Yes you put Enhanced DVR back on my service - but for $20 more than quoted on my original call and increased all my rates.

Several calls from 5/31 to July 12th to get a credit for installation set up fee charged to me but I was promised it would be waived. I was charged or threatened to be charged $1300 dollars for unreturned equipment - calls through the month to explain that I brought my equipment with me and it was hooked up in my new home. Told that I had to send back the router only??? How do I do that without a router to use. Told installer made a mistake. He should have given me a new one. I argued that the serial # they are asking to return is the same that's currently being used. Told to ignore charge. Showed up on my next bill. I spent 12-13 hours trying to fix problem after problem and to treated like I was a liar and that 50/50 internet is available- DO I want the slower internet back but not at the price I used to pay??? It's more money now.

It's like a circus there anymore. Never was like this years ago. No supervisors available EVER- told one would call me back 5 separate times- never happened. Forcing me to call and repeat myself and my concerns over and over - online help they can't review your calls and no supervisor or manager to help there either. It's like the reps can say and do however they please with no one to hold them accountable.

They lied to me when I was forced to pick new service and sign a new contract - to get me out of my grandfathered prices. Only bait and switch me to sign a new contract to call later and be told, "Sure we can put you back on your old services but for more money"??? Illegal and Fraudulent. I have now sadly resorted to copy and paste all online conversations. WHO HAS TIME for this. I will suck it up and Pay cancellation fee for pure principle of deception, fraud and lack of customer service period. Oh did I mention they charge me for 2 Enhanced DVR services @ $20 below. I have never dealt with such horrible irresponsible Customer service reps.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Useless customer service. No one knows what they are doing, there are long wait times and new charges come up every month. Verizon, get it together. Regardless of the cost, I rather move to a company that provides great service.

Original review: July 5, 2018

One of the salesperson came and asked me to check out Verizon internet service for free for initial 10 days and see if it satisfies my needs. I doesn't like the service and contacted Verizon to disconnect the service to my unit in a week. When I talked to the customer care one of the agent on the phone said they we canceling the service and I specifically asked the agent that do I owe anything to the Verizon. She just asked me to return the equipment and sent me a return label. I had returned the equipment to the return address and I got the return confirmation also.

After a month or so Verizon automated message was keep on leaving me a voicemail that I had an outstanding balance I need to pay off or else they'll send it to the collections. Just recently talked to another Verizon agent on the phone. Then he said that I have to pay $165.48 for installation and setup. I got three different answers from three different agents on the phone. Before setup and at the cancellation of setup they said it was free if we cancel the service in initial 10 days before billing got generated. It's totally misleading and fraud that the Verizon had done to me. I had that said amount because I don't want to go to collection and mess up my credit history. Never in my life I'll go with Verizon. Verizon completely cheated me. I don't want to rate their service because it's required. I gave 1 star. This might be helpful some of the customers.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Every month I have to call Verizon to have someone come out. They was at my house last Saturday for repairing one of the boxes. Today none of my 5 boxes work. The worst part is that is an issue every month on the different tv's or sometimes on certain Channels only on certain tv's. Verizon bill is the largest I have in addition to the worst service. They told me I cannot cancel because I am breaking the contract. I advised them that they are breaking the contract since they are not providing the service. Please help!!!

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

• Best for: Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Basking Ridge
NJ
www.verizon.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business