Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Verizon Fios, also known as Fios TV, offers consumers seamless streaming on a completely fiber-optic network. With Fios TV, you get access to more than 425 channels, voice remote control and no setup charges.

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Verizon Fios Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Fios?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Fios?

Original review: July 7, 2020

Our internet went down in the evening on 6/27. We decided to wait until the next morning to call it in and scheduled the earliest appointment slot we could, which was 2 days later, on 7/1. The internet worked for half a day, and then broke again, but the ticket was already closed by this time. So we had to schedule another appointment, and we chose the earliest we could on 7/4. On the day, just a couple hours before our appointment, we get the call that they don't have enough people that day and needed to reschedule. So I let them reschedule us to 7/6 evening from 5-7PM.

A different technician arrives at 8PM and then says it's too dark to fix things and that someone will work on it in the morning. In the morning, I chat with Verizon, and they get in touch with the local dispatch, and turns out the dispatch supervisor doesn't seem to know anything about this case. Now we are scheduled for another appointment on 7/10 and I am worried that they again might not be able to fix it.

It is really annoying that it seems like there is no communication between the different techs, and every time they send someone different and we have to explain everything from the beginning. Also, we have been with Verizon over a decade and we were paying $44.99 for 50/50 when it looks like new customers get 200/200 for $39.99 and Disney plus. Really feels like they don't care about long term loyal customers and use us to fund these special promotions.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Verizon Fios is the WORST, well, I know Spectrum is worse but Verizon lack of customer service is just as bad! I moved to Williamsburg, Brooklyn 3 years ago and had only 2 options, Verizon OR Spectrum. Obviously I chose Verizon (even though I'd switched cell service to ATT 10 years ago because Verizon reps and customer service was bad then). Three years ago they sent out an incredible installer, everything worked great :). However when I moved apartments (within the same building), they sent out an extremely obnoxious installer whom I wanted to throw out of my apartment. I called customer service and complained and did receive (after 2 hours on hold) a rep who apologized for the installer.

Thankfully I'm leaving NYC in 10 days and now I have to wait an undetermined time to speak to a Verizon Rep ("you will be telephoned sometime today"). WTF does that mean? It means that Verizon truly doesn't care about customer service in a prompt and friendly manner. I telephone Con-Ed and immediately spoke with a rep to have my electrical service shut off on my move out date.

Update July 2, 2020, I was finally able to find a 1-844-837-2262 customer service number from a verizon a Chat rep. Yes, the number isn't listed on their "contact us" page. I call and speak to a very nice rep in the Philippines. I need to show proof that I'm moving to an area that doesn't have verizon fios coverage (thank God). I have to upload "Proof" that I'm moving there at a Verizon website otherwise they'll charge me $144 cancellation fee. In addition because I'm cancelling July 12 vs before the end of my billing cycle (July 2) Verizon will charge me the full month of $117. They won't prorate this bill. ONCE AGAIN VERIZON FIOS IS HORRIBLE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VERY HARD TO REACH AND THEIR BILLING PRACTICES ARE SHAMEFUL. Buyer Beware.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Verizon service will keep billing you even after you end the service. Beware. Keep a record of every time you call them to cancel because they lie about dates, I even sent my box back UPS, and they said that I didn't cancel even days after that, trying to explain to the representative then how could I have the UPS information if I canceled after I already sent the box back.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Moved the service, returned the equipment. Waited whole day for installation, Tech Did not show up, no emails, no text. Then Customer service: Oh we cant install until unknown date but Dec 2020 is probable Date! Really you want me to wait for 6 more months until tech can come out! Then called to cancel the pending order, after 8 hours on phone and chat time wasted was able to cancel PENDING order. Then old Account is activated so spent another 4 hours on chat line and phone to cancel the old account! Also I got bill for not having service!! Really what was month to month service for. Your equipment is back, your service is not active, you cant even install new order, still send me bill for. VERIZON NEVER EVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

Original review: June 2, 2020

We have been with Verizon for 2 years, and pay for the following services; Landline, 1 Gig Internet, Cable package and Cell phones. Verizon cell service has never been good in our Chevy Chase neighborhood, so Verizon provided us a cell booster for our home that works off our Verizon internet service. This helped but our cell service is still not great.

We have had no issues with our other services until 13 days ago. Our internet services stopped working at 11 am on Thursday June 21st, then our landline and then our TV service stopped. Of course, when the internet stops then our Cell phones completely stopped working in our home also. Over the last 13 days I have called Verizon 18 times we had three techs come to our house (the first two could not come inside due to Covid) and they have still not figured out why their services do not work at our house. The area manager Josh ** does not return calls. If anyone has ever called in to an internet/phone/cable service provider, you would know how very frustrating and very time consuming it is. I have found Verizon’s on-line social media support to be incompetent, management ineffective and indifferent. The last tech just left yesterday with any of our services.

Verizon has left my family vulnerable, with no access to calling emergency services should we have a need, our alarm system depends upon our phone line so is useless without it and no one at Verizon cares. This has interrupted my children’s schoolwork that is now all online, my wife and I’s ability to work. We have now ordered services from Xfinity. Due to the monopoly Comcast and Verizon have on our market I am not very hopeful it will be much better. The DC Government has done a disservice to its residents by allowing this market monopoly.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I was a customer of Fios, I called up to move my service however due to the location they were not able to provide at the time. I called to disconnect and was advised that the contact penalty would be credited back once I returned the boxes.... Well now they charging me $260 dollars... Supervisors take no responsibility.. That’s after 2 days of calling... utterly pathetic customer service. Worst I ever saw or dealt with.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Verizon FIOS has horrible Customer Service - they don’t care about the customers and ruined my credit when I cancelled service over $50.00. My final balance was $200.00, they said it was fine if I made $50 payments. I made three payments and right before I made the 4th, in violation of our agreement, they reported my unpaid $50 to the credit agencies. I called Verizon several times and they couldn’t care less and refused to do anything about it, but were happy to tell me it would remain on my credit report for 7 years - even though the balance at that point was $0. Wanted to buy a house, but interest rate went way up thanks to FIOS ruining my credit (over $50), making the interest rate on a mortgage go up substantially and resulting in the new house being unaffordable. Delete Share

Original review: May 15, 2020

Mom died... She had two cable boxes and phone... I moved in house.. Wanted to cut off one box and phone.. Told me I couldn't and I would have to continue Paying her $210 bill instead of getting $139 everyone else pays.. I'm canceling as soon as Philly reopens.... What a disgraceful company.

Original review: May 13, 2020

My family and I I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years, both with Verizon Fios and Verizon Wireless. I moved in November, and called to let Verizon know that I would be ending my service. The person I spoke to confirmed I was now cancelled and gave me instructions to return my equipment. I did so, but noticed that I was still being charged a month later. I called back in and was told that no cancellation was put in and that I owed that month's bill. I asked them to conduct an investigation, because again, I am a Verizon wireless and Fios user, and they refused. Since my account was cancelled, I still had a remaining balance. As I worked to dispute the claim, my (now closed) account was put into collections, because it was closed with a balance.

My account was put into collections on 4/1, during the most chaotic time of the global pandemic. I received no emails that my account would be going into collections and to add to that, the amount that was listed in collections is more than I owed. I called Verizon's recovery and collections department several times to try to resolve the issue, and was met with attitudes, several failed call backs, and even at one point a fake email address. I paid the account balance on 4/15, not because I agree that I owe it, but because I didn't want my credit to continue to be harmed. Verizon didn't have the decency to even process that in a timely fashion. So over a month later I have no resolution, and a mountain of headaches. I will never give Verizon another dollar from my pocket.

Original review: May 9, 2020

This review is for my experience with using Verizon Fios (internet only). This horrible experience started when I signed up for Verizon Fios back in December 2019, right away I experienced connection issue with one of my devices. Contacted support, spent hours trying to fix the issue, then I was told that the problem could be my router that I purchased outside of Verizon. Went to the Verizon store nearby and bought the Verizon Router. However, even with the Verizon Router the issue still existed. So I returned the router the following day.

An hour or so after returning the router my internet service was DISCONNECTED. I contacted the support via chat, and I was told when I returned the router It must have triggered the disconnection order and to get the service back I had to open a new account. When I called to get my service back I was transferred several times before I finally got someone who really tried to understand the issue and was able to help me.

Then a few weeks later received a bill from the old account charging me for the router I've returned. I have setup the automatic payment through my bank. So I called Verizon to ask for full refund, but the rep I spoke to was rude and insisted she would issue a refund but minus the tax. So I contacted my bank to reverse the charge, and I was able to get my money back. However, the following month they billed me again. Called customer service again, the rep was apologetic and she said she would cancel the bill and I could just ignore the bill.

The following month, I was billed again, so called again, the rep reviewed the account and said he would reverse the charges and also said that I was owed money for the early termination of the service when it was triggered when i returned the router. He even scheduled a follow up call, and he did the follow up call and assured me everything was okay and the refund was on its way. One month later, no refund and bill showed up again and today I found out I was reported to Experian. 5 months later still dealing with this, many hours wasted, and now negatively impacted my credit score.

Verizon Fios author review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team