3.37/5
Based on 1,948 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Verizon Fios Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

We love Verizon Fios triple play and would never go back to anything else. Very reliable, reasonable and never had a problem. We rely on the internet for many things personal and business related so it is very important to us.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Pricing is extremely high besides that, and the complications of discontinuing services. Many companies I dealt with in the past, but this company has it hands down! Verizon is the only company who l see myself in dealings with. The best to ever do it. Yay Verizon!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 7, 2019

Honestly, the only thing I can complain about is the Tech who installed the thing. And I wouldn't even call it a complaint. He didn't necessarily have the people skills, but he was good at what he did and ended up going above and beyond. The signal is great, the speed is great, and it's all at the price of $55 a month. There are a TON of bad reviews here, and I'd like to urge anyone reading this to consider the fact that 1 out of 10 people who received good service will write a review about it, but you best be sure that 9 out 10 bad experiences will be voiced. I am very pleased with my service and haven't had a single issue in 9 months of having the provider.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Their customer service is not good. You can hardly ever get someone to answer the phone. The waiting time sucks. They call you back sometimes after more than an hour. Once somebody answers they are fine.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I've been a Verizon Fios customer for many years now and I can safely say that Verizon is one of the most unethical companies in existence. Everything is purposefully made more difficult and cumbersome than it needs to be in an attempt to discourage customers from taking any actions that Verizon disagrees with or which would result in Verizon making less money.

Our backup battery beeps every 30 minutes because it's dead, trying to silence it only does so for about 24 hours before it resumes beeping. The backup battery is useless to us because we don't have a landline phone. They don't provide the information required to properly and permanently disable the beeping because they want you to buy another battery from them. They also block and throttle internet traffic and invade your privacy.

Sadly because of this capitalist hellscape we all live in, there are few other competitors and they all engage in unethical business practices to some degree. I feel deep shame in paying Verizon money for anything, knowing full well that they are basically a criminal organization, leeching capital from its consumer base and reaping the benefits of infrastructure that was paid by public tax dollars. That being said, they have nice and helpful customer service representatives who are understanding of the fact that they work for a morally bankrupt institution. Avoid at all costs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Not only is there usually a 1 hour wait to get with a representative, the quality of the representatives are terrible. I called Verizon for an issue with my router and I was told that there was an issue with my box communicating with my actual router. The representative reset my box and reconfigured my router and the issue was fixed for about 30 minutes. I was told to call back if the issue persists. So I called back and this time I got a lady who did the exact same thing and then told me that the issue was fixed when it wasn't. She then wrote off my slow internet as not having their gigabit internet plan and then she tried to upsell me without fixing the actual problem. It took me another call to get someone to actually come out to my house and fix the actual problem. They should be here tomorrow. Overall, horrible experience talking to the customer service reps. They are incompetent, poorly trained, and can hardly speak English.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

So we had Fios since March of this year, at first everything was going well. The Internet was decent, the service technician that installed it was knowledgeable and friendly, everything you’d expect from Verizon. Then in October, the autopay system simply stopped withdrawing monthly, it just kept say payment failed; we never received a NSF fee or a notice of a late payment, just a payment “failure” with an attached code from our Fios app. We didn’t see this as much of an issue, we just wanted it fixed so we didn’t get hit with the late fees.

Here’s where the REAL trouble began; at first, we called to see what could be done about the issue, and whenever we called they’re representatives could not differentiate us from our phone account, so we’d get put on hold with the next person after making it inextricably clear that we had an issue with our Fios account — not our phones. Yet we still got transferred to the next person who never knew what to do, or where to send us.

The first time, I was on the phone for an entire hour, then I was told that I need to leave a message for the services and financial department and request a callback. Ha, joke's on us, if you don’t call in their business hours, you just get disconnected. There is no “call-back” system doesn’t customer and financial services for Fios. Their automated “digital chat room” is completely ridiculous, I specified at the very beginning of the conversation that I was having issues with my FIOS account, and after 10 minutes oh questions they said, "We don’t see any issue with your phone bill?" A complete waste of time.

Moving forward, we made trips into Verizon stores; the first one does not even deal with Fios? How or why that makes any sense, I do not know. The second did, but they literally do not have any special permissions rather they pretty much have the same abilities as you when it comes to sorting your plan out or fixing issues, in other words: they’re completely useless.

SO here we are back to customer service, 4 HOURS and two days later, I finally reach the last hurdle, the people I need to speak to that can ACTUALLY help me remove the late fees and sort my bill out. AND I SAT ON HOLD FOR OVER AN HOUR. I called their service cancellation number on my wife’s phone after about 20 minutes on hold and I was able to; cancel my current service, find and schedule a different service with a different ISP, uninstalled the router and hardware. DRIVE TO THE STORE and return it back to them BEFORE SOMEONE ANSWERED!

I don’t know how Verizon, a company pretty much renowned for fantastic customer service for their phones is missing the mark so badly for their Fios service. Once again to wrap up, the product is great, works fine, a little on the pricey side for it’s not bad— but GOD HELP YOU if you ever have to call their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I cancelled my service with Verizon November 4 2019. The rep on the phone told me I only had to pay $20. For the month I get another bill for an additional $133.38. By the way in November I also paid $155. @I sent them the 20 dollars as a final payment. This company will wreck my credit if I don't pay this bill. I hope they can sleep at night.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

For 9 months I wasn’t receiving all the channels I was paying for. At the 6 month point I was determined to straighten this out. Well, after 3 months they wore me out. I decided to leave them because I felt they were breaking the contract. They told me that it would cost me $230.00. I told them good luck with that. Now the reason. I tried at least 12 phone calls. They had the most obnoxious customer service. They knew next to nothing regarding how to fix my problem. I even had 2 ladies tell me they would call me in an hour. Guess what? They never did. It was so frustrating I decided I didn’t need this. Goodbye, Verizon forever. However, I am not overly thrilled that Comcast is the alternative. If only for more choices.

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2019

Tried Tech Support again later in the same day. The difference was like night and day. Spoke with Customer Support and then Tech Support. Both people excelled. Service visit schedule for next day. Several emails in between, Tech arrived exactly on time, diagnosed defective outside box on incoming FIOS, replaced same and finished within 30 minutes. In summary, Verizon couldn’t have done a better job, hence 6 stars though only 5 available!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

800-837-4966. Been on hold for almost three hours. Could have had major surgery and been in recovery!! Hopeless. Think we have a local FIOS outage. All devices showing strong WiFi signal but no Internet connection. All incoming stuff looks OK. Going to hang up after 02:50:00.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

• Best for: Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs