Verizon Fios
3.46/5
Based on 1,950 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Verizon Fios

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Verizon Fios Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

We love Verizon Fios triple play and would never go back to anything else. Very reliable, reasonable and never had a problem. We rely on the internet for many things personal and business related so it is very important to us.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Pricing is extremely high besides that, and the complications of discontinuing services. Many companies I dealt with in the past, but this company has it hands down! Verizon is the only company who l see myself in dealings with. The best to ever do it. Yay Verizon!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Honestly, the only thing I can complain about is the Tech who installed the thing. And I wouldn't even call it a complaint. He didn't necessarily have the people skills, but he was good at what he did and ended up going above and beyond. The signal is great, the speed is great, and it's all at the price of $55 a month. There are a TON of bad reviews here, and I'd like to urge anyone reading this to consider the fact that 1 out of 10 people who received good service will write a review about it, but you best be sure that 9 out 10 bad experiences will be voiced. I am very pleased with my service and haven't had a single issue in 9 months of having the provider.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Their customer service is not good. You can hardly ever get someone to answer the phone. The waiting time sucks. They call you back sometimes after more than an hour. Once somebody answers they are fine.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am currently happy with what Verizon provides for a basic price, although most of the better-rated shows are on channels I must pay more to receive - not worth it for me! I can entertain myself in other ways - my cable bill is high enough!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have been with Verizon for years without a contract, recently a rep convince me that it make more sense and I decided to take a chance, they disconnected my fios. When I called them to say I never received a notice the rep said that they sent it via email....Well I am not checking my email everyday and I am used to paper notifications, she had such an OH WELL...attitude on the phone it was disgusting. I ask for a Supervisor its seems she hung up and I am still waiting for a return call..can wait for the contract to be finished so I can switch to COMCAST.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Coming from someone that works within customer service and grew up in a family that worked in IT, I am BEYOND disappointed and angry with how Verizon handles their customer service and their plans. I was locked in at a rate, then it changed without notification. I went 6 weeks without service, which they tried to bill me for. When I finally got fed up and tried to cancel, they tried to charge me an additional $340. When I told this “supervisor’ that I had the conversation saved on my computer with the Verizon representative that told me my rate was locked, she continued to repeat that it was my fault I did not read the fine print and she has no valid proof of what I am saying, even though I told her I would email her the conversation.

She continued to repeat that she was supporting the $340 dollar charges, on top of the $50 raise in my monthly cost, AFTER 2 MONTHS OF SIGNING A CONTRACT. I asked for her supervisor and she told me “no”. I asked for someone else to speak to and she repeated “no”. This woman should not have a job in customer service or in general if that is how she speaks to people. She was beyond rude, belittling, disrespectful, and the least bit helpful. I will never return to Verizon Fios and I will ensure none of my family or friends do.

I am not too surprised to hear how many people have had the same issues. Upon signing up for Xfinity, multiple people have told me they had similar experiences and they will also never return to Verizon. I agree. Verizon is a scam and needs to learn how to treat their customers with respect and stick by the contracts. After signing up with Xfinity, I was given the same exact package for quite literally half the price, WITH A LOCKED IN RATE. I am boggled at how Verizon is still in business and does not have more complaints. I will NEVER return to Verizon, even if Xfinity begins to charge me more. I am BEYOND disappointed and angry with this company, their morals, and how they treat other human beings.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Nightmare dealing with Verizon business. They first messed up my order and had two separate orders to show up to install internet and business when I had specifically asked them to just come in for one order when I was moving my business on 9/26. No shows to appointments to install internet and telephone after that 3 times for the second time onward. Finally decided on 10/4 when they did a no show for the third time that they were extremely unreliable and I needed to get out of my two year contract. Turns out they can't activate my phone line so I can port it to another company. It was inactive the entire time at my new business location. It's day 12 no internet, no telephone.

30 hours of calls trying to get telephone and internet running at my realty business. It's been a nightmare. Escalating the issue doesn't help. I tried taking to managers, supervisors, doesn't solve the problem. They cancel orders to reactivate the line just to delay us. Company losing thousands of money because of no service. Verizon reps just pass you around and their team does not resolve anything. They just keep lying.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Fake offers, bogus equipment rentals, price gouging, double charging for things in "Bundles", hidden fees, fake taxes, and a support system that's setup to purposefully waste endless hours making contacting Verizon for a straight answer nearly impossible. Verizon is a perfect example of a company so arrogant and greedy it needs to be broken up and heavily regulated. What's worse when you do finally get someone and call them out on their scams it's endless scripted condescension, outright lies and pretexting to make their obfuscation and corruption somehow your ignorance. This is insulting and should be criminal. There are are literally Nigerian email bank scams with more integrity than Verizon. Certainly Nigeria has swindled less money than Verizon. Truly there is more value and less dishonestly in the $15 popcorn at your local movie theater than in any product from Verizon.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Verizon always has a "higher than normal" caller load. Do they even understand the meaning of "normal"? What they should have on their recording is "It's normal for Verizon customers to have very long hold times. Your call is important to you, but nobody else."

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

• Best for: Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs