Verizon Fios

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

10 year loyal customer. I went to renew my service with Verizon. I was told they would credit me on a network extender once I accepted the contact. Right after I was transferred to someone else I was told, "Sorry we can't do that" by the Verizon rep. I demanded to speak with this person's supervisor and Mr. ** from the Maryland office refused. She was very rude and told me to send a letter in the mail with my complaint. Beware, they will tell you anything to get you to renew, then screw you! Canceling my service and going to Comcast again.

I am currently in the process of moving and was hoping to move my Verizon fios services with me. Overall, I have had a decent experience so far with Verizon Fios as I have not had to be in contact with them much. Since when I move I was going from having roommates to living on my own, I wanted to change my plan from a bundle with phone, internet, and TV to just internet to save some money. The first time I called to ask about how all of it worked the lady was very pleasant and gave me one quote. A week of so later I called to go with this plan she was telling me about, and the person I spoke with had no idea of this offer. I told them my situation and that I just wanted internet, and they tried to do everything to push cable at me. I explained how I was confused as I have been hearing about how so many people "cut the cord" and use only internet and save so much money.

They told me about a few different packages, but the person on the line happened to be near her supervisor and he could give me my current package for 70 dollars plus tax. She told me I would get an e-mail with the normal price, but shortly after should get an updated one. A few days later I never got the updated one so I called them back to make sure that was still in place. The person I spoke to them seemed to know nothing about this "deal" I was getting. After expressing some frustrating, I'm pretty sure the person hung up on me. So I called back again, waited on hold, and then the next person I spoke with once again had no idea of this "deal" I was suppose to be given and also knew nothing else of the other packages people had previously told me about. She insisted since I was not a new customer I was not eligible for all of these deals and the lowest level internet only was still $85 plus taxes and whatnot!!

So I eventually told her to just cancel the whole account and I was going to try to set it up online. So then I go onto my account and I kept getting an error message "bad request" as I try to sign in. So now I call technical support. I tell them how their website is telling me this, but the guy insists it's something with my password. After speaking to me very rudely, he did not know what to do, so was going to connect me to someone else. 40 minutes later, I had still not spoken with someone so hung up and called COX. Spoke with a pleasant lady who could give me the price I'm looking for. I am not one to complain about services, but I have never been so beyond frustrated with a company. They really need to work on keeping records of when a customer calls and what was discussed so they are not told 90202394820934 different things!!

I used blocking phone numbers. Still getting these calls! I called Verizon Fios 3 times within 6 months. Today, I was transferred to 4 different person in Verizon Fios. Nothing fixed!! And now my blocked numbers are deleted!! My call log is deleted!! Now all the blocked numbers before are not blocked anymore!! The annoying telemarketers will call me again!!! I asked CS - "can you put them back on these lists??" No??? Really???

Held on the phone for 3 hours and 37 minutes yesterday. There was a minor snow storm. Hung up and tried back later and got India. Then I was told the defective box I was trying to return was obsolete and couldn't be found in any Verizon store for miles. Just picked up the new box the day before! They are sending me another obsolete box on Monday!

We have been trying to have services connect with us for 2 months or more now. Spoke with people several 2 weeks ago. We were promised someone out here to connect our internet on the 6th and no one showed up. We called and they said no that it was never said!!! This is outrageous that they even run a big business like this. Now they said I need to pay to have someone come out, absolutely not! And trying to speak to someone is like speaking to a freaking wall! Do not even try to get service with them. Trust me it is not worth the stress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

I just rent a pocket wifi and the telecom is Verizon. The signal is quite good although I read some reviews said that they can't reach signal. I think that is because of the places. I traveled from west to east, mostly, I recommend it. $2.78 per day is very budget. If you want to try it, here is the link: http://en.ivideo.com.tw.

Signed up for Verizon triple play on the day I moved into my apartment, salesman happened to be on my street??? Salesman said it would be $125 and I agreed to pricing. The next day, I saw advertising for $79 for same package and contacted Verizon to get the better pricing. Called three times and each time someone was supposed to call me back to review my account - that had not been installed yet! No one called back. Technician comes to the door to install and I tell him that I do not want installation because of the issue with pricing had not been resolved. Tech shows me his ipad and assures me the price is $79; I allow him to install. (Got a screen shot of Tech's ipad as proof.)

Surprise - Monthly bill is $129! Try calling Verizon and get nowhere with them, they won't honor the price. I tell them I have a screen shot of the technician's ipad. They tell me to go to their Bordentown, NJ Verizon store, the store rep will confirm the screen shot and the pricing will get adjusted. Drive to NJ the next day and the store reps tell me they cannot help. The store reps tell me they have 20 people a week come walking into their store because the phone reps send them there. The store reps aren't able to resolve cable/internet billing issues.

I proceed to call Verizon from the NJ store and explain to "Supervisor Kevin **" the situation. He is unwilling to help in any way, he will not honor the tech's pricing, he disregards everything the phone rep told me the day before assuring the pricing would be adjusted. He did not even apologize that Verizon had me drive all the way to NJ. I asked several times to speak to Kevin Ford's boss but he would not pass me through to anyone. Kevin told me he is the end of the line. How's that for customer service! What he says goes, no matter how dishonest it is. In the course of 2 days, I spent no less than 6 hours trying to get this resolved. At the end of the phone conversation with Kevin, I terminated the services and it cost me $200. I could not bear working with such a disrespectful, lying company. I am truly disgusted they are able to stay in business with this type of "service."

I just had a Verizon repairman tell me was hooking me up to Fios. He was supposed to be here to stop the buzzing on phone my line. Sneaky way to make money. I called to complain and Dustin tried to sell me on a Fios plan. He also told me that because Fios is now in my area that soon I will have to get whether I want it or not!!

First, we have had Verizon Fios for many years. We should not have renewed our service, but options are limited. The first complaint is that when you click on the guide, Verizon hits you with an add suggesting you to watch a movie. I don't need an add every time I want to see the TV guide. Second, when watching on-demand movies and some shows, the digital picture breaks up and the other night, the movie froze about 10 times. The fast forward and rewind was sticking and it made watching the movie irritating at best. We tried to call Verizon but the wait was too long, as usual. They may blame it on our connection speed, but Netflix streams perfectly for us, so I doubt that is the issue.

The last complaint is their service. You wait at least 25 minutes to get through to someone and their suggestion is to reboot your set top box or DVR, as we had not already tried that. I tried to log onto their website this morning to "chat" with a service agent and it’s nonresponsive. For paying over $157 a month for tv, internet and phone, you would expect much better service. We're looking at dropping cable all together... Roku, Hulu, Sling, and Netflix are much better options.

I signed up for Verizon triple play for my new house because RCN was not available in this area (I'm moving from NYC). Omg, what a nightmare. Their website is horrible and it took 4 hrs to set up an install request. I should have taken that as a bad omen. They did not fully honor all the parts of their advertised promotion--which is currently still available online: free install, $79.99/mo for 150/150 Internet, cable, home phone, free Starz or Epix for 12 month and $200 visa gift card. Yes, they charge an arm and leg for cable box, phone backup, DVR, etc. but I heard that FiOS was the best, right? WRONG.

After over an hour on the phone with customer service asking them to explain why I haven't been receiving access to either Starz or Epix for over two weeks, rep keeps telling me it's not "part of the package" for the cable channels I've chosen. I keep telling her that it isn't, that the free channel is for twelve months as part of their current promotional offering. She does get it. I have to direct her to their own website to have her read what is being offered and it's there IN BOLD PRINT, no footnotes, no special conditions, just simply a part of the package being offered by Verizon to all new customers for several months now. She spend a lot of time trying to convince me that it doesn't mean I get that channel. Um, yes, I can read terms and conditions and I clearly qualify.

She makes me look at my order confirmation email from them and says that because it is not stated in the email that I receive that channel, then I do not get it. I show her that the email also doesn't state that I am getting internet, what speed of internet, a phone line, equipment or any cable service--does it mean that I do not get those either??? Just because Verizon sent me an email with absolutely no details does not mean I do not get part of the promotional package I signed up for! After over an hour of banging my head against the wall, she tells me to try their fraud department later in the week. Fraud??? Are you kidding me? My experience with RCN was the polar opposite of this and this makes me want to go scurrying back to the big bad city where customer service is so much better for something as simple as this. Unbelievable. I should have read the reviews here and chosen a completely different company. What a disaster.

Where do I start, I have had FiOS for some time now. I have had lots of issues with my service. The last one (which made me decide to switch to another service provider) is I just paid my bill on Friday 12/30/16 and my service was interrupted meaning I don't have access to cable, Internet, and phone. I called customer service and they said "Within an hour you'll be turned back on." So 3 hours later I wasn't turned back on. Called the same customer service line and she said it might take four hours to get turned back on. Now it's probably about 1 o'clock in the morning. Still nothing. So I decided to give it a break for the day or the night and go to bed.

Woke up the next day. I got my kids breakfast. Went on about my day. Decided to call them back probably about 10 a.m. Sat. On hold for an hour and a half and now it's Saturday New Year's Eve. I have a big party planned at my house. Parents, children, family members, the whole bunch of people. I couldn't cancel so I called customer service and was put on hold for another 45 minutes to be told that my services were going to be turned back. I told him how important it was that a lot of people were coming over to watch the ball drop. So mind you it's about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I waited a couple hours and I'll say still nothing and I paid probably for $400 the night before because I was a little back on my bill.

So I waited until probably about six seven o'clock that night call them back. Mind you I have to get in the chat room and get the customer service representative to get on the line to talk to me because it is you don't holiday and Saturday so needless to say basically they said that there's nothing that they can do. So now it's Sunday night 8:30 at night and I still don't have any internet cable or phone. My party didn't see the ball drop. My children were crying and very upset. I work from home off of the internet so now I miss 3 days of work. And I pretty much gave up set an appointment up Tuesday morning for another service provider to come to my house and get rid of Verizon FiOS. This company be shut down and shut down for good. They're misleading, they will lie, and they robbed me for $400.

A month ago I called Verizon for internet service. I just wanted internet service and they had a deal for $49.99 for their 50/50mbs service. The rep convinced me to get double play with tv promising that it would be an extra penny for the first year. But I said I don't even have a TV. He said "you can watch on your laptop and you can cancel after a year." I said fine. Other factor was the router rental fee. I told him I'll get my own router to avoid it. He said that was fine. Plus a $80 activation fee.

I ordered the router from eBay and it arrived a day before I was due for installation. Next day installer used my router to do the installation. Everything was well until I setup my online account and noticed that I'm being charged about $7 in taxes for TV only. Furthermore I was being charged the $10 fee for router rental even though I provided my own router. The agent said "I don't show that you have purchased a router from us." I explained that I purchased my own and she wasn't able to change it. I tried to change it from the online account and accidentally I ordered another router. I called back and the guy said "don't worry. I cancelled that ordered."

Next I asked them to remove the TV from my account. The agent said if I do so I would be paying more as I am no longer qualified for the special rate. Why? Because I am no longer a new customer. I've been a customer for 1 week and they say I'm no longer a new customer. I called again the next day and the next, demanding that I speak to a higher level, and no one could get the tv removed without jacking up the monthly $30. On top of that, I received an email from Verizon that my new router is on the way. The order that the agent said was canceled. I called and asked for guidance. They said just refuse delivery. I said I can't refuse. I'm not home when router comes. They said just send it back.

Fed up, I asked to cancel my service. They said why? I explained everything that happened and they said "you will not have to pay for the monthly rental since you have purchased a router from us and we can remove the tv." I ignored the first comment (said after we had a discussion about the erroneous router order) and excited I said "ok remove the tv." She put me on hold and said "sir you know if I remove your TV you will no longer qualify for our promotional pricing." I said "yes I did know that, now please cancel my order." She canceled, and assured me I will not be liable for the $80 activation fee.

Now a month has passed and I've called them numerous times and still, I owe them $80 for activation, $150 for a router they sent me (which I returned to the store and have a email receipt to back). $10 for the shipping of that router. $100 for a router which they never gave me (claiming I have not returned). Along with other charged and taxes. I was a customer for about 20 days and I owe them $385. For a service that was supposed to cost me just over $50. And I've called them at least once a week since then and each time they promise it will be fixed, and they promise me callbacks and they never call back, and I'm still waiting for a corrected final bill. I don't know what to do. I'm fed up and I don't want to mess up my credit. I might just end up paying the outrageous sum.

Do not try to get Verizon FIOS installed unless you want a character building experience. Maybe your life is too good and you want to add a little misery - you know, punish yourself. Maybe you want to ruin a day or several of your life. Maybe you would like to darken your sunny personality by being nasty to hapless customer service people in the Philippines.

I got this bright idea to quit cable TV, to pull the cord from Time Warner and to install the "best" internet available - Verizon FIOS. This adventure started with multiple calls to "sales" who couldn't seem to figure out how to allow me to spend 80 bucks a month with them, since I had a landline currently "in vacation mode." This customer service challenge apparently stumped the best minds at Verizon FIOS and by the end of this time, I was foaming at the mouth. I wasted an hour speaking to the most confused and inept people I have ever had the misfortune with whom to interact.

Finally, I decided to try again with my order the next day and spoke to a very nice person who helped me through the process. I DID have to reinstate my landline service to place an order for the internet for some reason which made sense to the sales person and was told they don't have weekend installation (ultimately found out that they do) so I took a day off from work to wait for the big day.

My window was from 1 to 5. I received multiple emails changing the time. Then I was concerned that it was getting late and no technician. It is Dec 30th so it was also GETTING DARK. I was ASSURED by a Ms. **, ASSURED that she would get the work done regardless of it being dark (?) and would get a call from the tech before he came. No call, but the hapless tech showed up at 6:30 pm telling me "we don't work in the dark." He was nice, offered to come the next morning, gave me his number. etc, etc.

This is what I did. Back to the Philippines. Spoke to a guy who I could barely understand but did the following: Canceled the order completely. Canceled my phone account. This is the WORST service imaginable. I didn't think it got worse than Time Warner, but it did. I am glad I hadn't canceled Time Warner because I would be without anything. Stay away.

This company provides products. If they do not work you can just about abandon all hope because there is no one to help. I have spent all day trying to get through to someone to talk to about products that won't work, it is just not physically possible to get help. Verizon has designed their whole business around pretending to care and actually protecting themselves from doing anything. Finding a phone number to ring is a puzzle in itself, but once you have jumped that hurdle then the robot that answers cannot understand you and leads you in an infinite loop with no relief in sight or pathway to human contact.

Chat is busy and so you need to try again soon... but actually as it turns out, it's always busy. I thought maybe an email, but their simple online form does not work, with drop downs that are mandatory but provide no selection, not in Chrome or IE... nothing ** works and it's 2016, this is not breaking edge technology that Verizon are grappling with, it is simply a monopolistic giant with a total lack of interest in customer service denting their bottom line. Verizon customer service is the worst, they totally skimp on this, it infuriates me.

I been a customer of Fios for 4 yrs, and just saw my bill go up. Honestly the Service was okay, but definitely not worth a raise, especially when all you see is old reruns. Now that it was time to renew they not offering any type of deal to lower my bill. Talk to their customer service and very disappointed. The company show no regard for their Customers, so I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Buyer beware! They have the absolute worst customer service, are completely overpriced and make absolutely zero effort to help you as a customer. Go with another company!! Inept as a business, 2 weeks this has dragged out, to my expense! They refuse to call me back or message me, they keep telling me to call them back within a very small window of time. And THEN they never have any available agents.

I live in an apartment community in Virginia Beach. Two years ago Verizon announced they were finally laying cable in my neighborhood which would finally be competition for Cox Cable. Well they dug up my backyard, drilled holes in my walls and through my closet; pulled wires through... and stopped. Two years... two years and NO Verizon... They are not coming to the Oceanfront after all.

I do not have one positive thing to say about this company. The customer service is horrible. They are rude, untrained, unwilling to help you. They just transfer you from department to department and then just hang up on you. If you ask for a supervisor they will flat out tell you no. They get you with low rates by putting temporary discounts to get you to sign up for them. They lock you in on a contract and then balloon up the price. Anyone with access to your remote can upgrade your package and there is nothing you can do to prevent this. They will charge your bank account whenever they feel like it and there is nothing you can do to prevent it or reverse it. They never own up to any of their errors that they cause. DON'T GET VERIZON FIOS!!!

This is the WORST cable I have EVER had! I don't bother with TV anymore, no more Dr. Who here! No TNT, WGN, for pity's sake, we can't even get Shark Tank! In order to get the "basic" channels, our bill jacks up to $200!! Of course, we're paying $135 for nada! Anything on isn't "our" stuff! We've decided that chucking the contract & eating the fees is worth it. Paying for junk we can't watch isn't! The frustration is worse. Wifi? We live off of Cary, go and have breakfast & get free! We're going to go SAT... No WIFI but it's TV I can actually watch! Unless you're into shopping channels, news & day after day of the same Forensic files you watched yesterday & endless prison shows, RUN - RUN AWAY!!!

I just got Fios with 3 set top boxes and a mini box for a guest room that is rarely used. The rep told me that the mini box would be 3.99 a month (which is what I paid when I had Cox Cable), it turns out they charge 7.99 a month because the billing dept says they have no 3.99 mini boxes. The box is garbage, does not even have a place for HDMI cable hookup (like Cox has). The picture on the TV looks like it would have looked in 1952. I would rather have no tv in my guest room than one that offers hardly any channels and a lousy picture. Should have stayed with Cox Communications.

I got this service beginning on Oct after my move (Let's say around Oct 5th). It took them a week to install it for and don't get me started on the installing sessions which were a hassle since they didn't show up the first day and the second time it took them a long time since they were waiting on a contractor (They couldn't locate the man).

After installing (still in my grace period that I could cancel without any fees) there were multiple promotions going on so I placed an order (caused in two orders mistakenly, my bad) and I realized the one my existing promotion is the best of all and I wanted to call them (cancellations are always by call) next day and cancel them. I got an email the next day before my call that my service is canceled so I called them and they assured me that the cancellations are for the newly added orders not for my existing service (Which I placed on Oct 5th).

Well, that was a mistake since I didn't have the internet at home so I called them again (This is the 50th time that I called and it is pretty much not a hyperbole) and they confirmed that "yes!!! Your service is canceled." I got so frustrated and I canceled it for good. I sent the FIOS modem back and everything supposed to be done by now (Dec 21st). However, they still have not issued me my deposit check.

So I called again (...and again) to see what is going on with my bill (Maybe they know me reliable for some unknown amount) but they also confirmed that I owed them nothing and they owed me a $100 check for the deposit that I have paid them! The last person that I called said that she needs to investigate more and she will call me back about this in a week but that didn't happen! It exactly felt like I have paid an illegitimate company for a service and they make everything feel explicit and cool each time I call them but no action gets triggered behind the curtain and they are just laughing at me for being so gullible. Never thought Verizon could be so messed up.

The worst thing is that every time I want to call them I have to go through a bunch of people that have no idea what is going on and won't let you pass them to get to their supervisor. The last time I called they couldn't even find me on their system and I was struggling with them for an hour before I get to the supervisor who passed me to a financial related woman (Who never called me back!!).

I had Fios installed Friday December 16, 2016 and the internet connection NEVER worked properly. It went out 2 hours after the tech left my house. Also some HD channels aren't working. I've called multiple times. They do some remote reboot and it will come back on for 30 minutes or so then go out again. They sent me a new router which I set up according to their instructions. Still nothing. My daughter is home schooled. I work from home on occasion. We need reliable service. I canceled my service. They promised to waive all fees. We'll see. And they're supposed to reinstall my old equipment. I am so disgusted with them. I would never, ever, ever recommend them to anyone. Bunch of ignorant, untrained employees who can't do their jobs.

I'm so pissed. After a few years of good service, price, equipment I got a bill that went from $130 to $154, so I called. Got a rep who said he could lock me into $130 for two years, I said OK. Nine months later I get a letter saying my router was outdated, could buy one for $150 or pay a service fee of $5.95 plus taxes. Called, got nothing from rep but could get faster internet for $15 no tax plus a free router. I took it, internet was the same. No increase in speed. A month went by and got a bill for $164! Called, got some person in India, on the phone over one hour. Got the bill down to $145 so I felt OK.

Got a bill the next month for $164 again. Called again. After one hour got nowhere. Called back during the week, American answered and said my discounts expired. What BS, I'm leaving and don't care if I pay the same somewhere else. Verizon is a scamming company and sending jobs overseas. Goodbye dirtbags. You'll never get my business again! Crooks, stay away!

Switched to FIOS from Time Warner cable couple of years ago because of Time Warners terrible customer service. FIOS was GREAT. Customer service was outstanding. Have a service appointment for tomorrow, spent 20 minutes just trying to confirm, was told to call back, the lady on the phone couldn't find the appointment, got transferred to someone else and for the 4th time got asked for my name. Then the address. Then the PIN number, then asked... wait for it... ready... what was I calling about. WTF!!? Left it off telling them technician is expected between 8-11 to service the system. If he is not here, I'll call Time Warner (Now called Spectrum) and they will repair everything.

I stopped my service and expected to get an early termination fee but I didn't expect to be charged a whole month's service for only 2 days. When I got my bill and called them about it they told me they do not prorate their bills. All I had was internet service and they want me to pay 67.77 for 2 days of service. I don't see how that can be legal. I will never go through them again and will be happy to tell everyone I know what a rip off this company is.

Let me first say, I am literally on hold right now and have been on hold for precisely 2:39:50 with Verizon Fios... twenty minutes away from 3 hours. I am deliberately holding to see how long this inexcusable customer service will last. They use bait and switch tactics to get you to sign up for the service and continue the foolery with nonsense like this 3 hour hold time. Someone needs to look into this. It's not about me... it's about the millions of other users who are unaware or unable to fight back. There is absolutely no excuse in the world why any customer should be on hold for literally 3 hours before they get to speak to a representative.

Mind you, I am still on hold while I'm making this report. It usually takes one or two people to prove or disprove a situation. If you read the customer reviews, they have thousands of complaints. How is it possible, that they are still in business? The bait and switch tactic alone is enough for a lawsuit... I am definitely going to court for this situation being that I know the law and my sis is a paralegal. Here we come Fios. PS. I am still on hold... and it's documented.

Internet stopped working 3 times in a years' time span. They can never figure out the issue and they always have to send out a technician. We had to wait 7 days each time for a technician to come out and fix it. I work from home on the internet so this is costing me hundreds of dollars per day. If you're thinking about looking into Verizon Fios for internet just stop now to save you time, energy, and money.

While I am (relatively) pleased with the service (NOT pleased with the cost) -- I am greatly dismayed to learn that Verizon has no intention of honoring a deal the sales representative offered to induce me to switch service providers. The representative, Steven/Stephen, said I would receive a $150 gift card, yet, after I called Verizon to address some service-related discrepancies, I was informed that I was given such a "great deal" that I wasn't eligible for that promotion.

Moreover, I was told that the representative didn't include it in his notes or put in for the card to be sent to me. I am truly irate not only with the fraudulent conduct, but also the fact that the company will not honor the agreement. I intend to contact the corporate office and even the State Attorney General's office. It may just be $150, but it's a matter of principle. How many other people have been induced to switch on a willfully fraudulent promise? Is Verizon waiting for a class action lawsuit? I'm even giving good thought to switching back to Cablevision.

I recently had Fios installed. To make a long complicated story short, my order got screwed up somehow and after two trips out from the technician (who was wonderful) my bill went from about $90 a month to $157. How in the hell that makes any sense is beyond me so I called to have the issue resolved and was told they weren't sure if they could honor the original pricing. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $157 a month for basic cable and Internet. No special channel packages whatsoever. After hour number three on the phone with them over the last few days I'm promised a callback in 3-5 business days so they can "investigate". Then to top everything off, I couldn't watch tv for the first four days because something was wrong with the signal and I had to have someone come out (who was also awesome - I have nothing bad to say about the technicians) for the third time to resolve the issue.

This entire process has been a complete nightmare. I don't have the time to sit on the phone for hours over a problem that's simple to fix. I will never ever recommend Verizon services to anyone. If my pricing doesn't get resolved I will absolutely cancel. The whole issue stems from the fact that they offer different pricing on the same services on the internet vs. over the phone. It literally makes zero sense. The price should be the price.

I had Verizon Fios for one year, and it was 1 year too long. Don't get me wrong, the quality of cable and internet was good, however customer service was AWFUL. My bill was incorrect for about four months. Every time I called, I was on hold or speaking to a machine, and then once a live person actually answered, I would be on the phone mostly in silence while they "accessed my account" or "spoke to their supervisor" for AT LEAST 30 minutes. I deactivated my account because 1- I moved and they would be charging me $160 to reinstall my services and 2- I couldn't deal with the terrible customer service anymore. I have a credit on my account and was told it would be refunded to my credit card. Three weeks later, I still have not seen that credit. I called someone last week to discuss it and they told me they could do nothing and it may take up to 30 days to see the refund.

I call AGAIN today - 20 minutes later - for the first person I spoke to to tell me she could not find my account. Finally she found it (even though I'm prompted by a robot to type it in already) and told me they could not refund a card, but a check would be mailed to the billing address. Well, as I previously stated, I moved. I asked to change the number, and she said she'd have to connect me to someone else. Hold for another few minutes to speak to someone in the financial department, who asked me the same questions all over again. I asked if the credit card could be refunded - "No a check has to be mailed." Okay, I need to change the address it is mailed to as I moved and no longer live at the billing address they have on file. I had to repeat the address three times. He assured me the check would be mailed. I asked, "When can I expect it?" "UHHHH I would say 2-3 weeks."

I am SO fed up with Verizon and almost want to eat the $30 they owe me, however I feel like I should be paid to deal with them for the past year. I have Optimum now. 3/4 the cost of Verizon for more channels and the same internet, a very small install fee, and no "extra fees" that randomly popped up on my Verizon bills. The set up was on a Sunday and took 2 hours, so I did not have to take off from work and waste 8 hours with an agent- aka what I had to do for Verizon to be installed (please note- Verizon was used by the previous tenant and a box was already there). Also, when I call Optimum, I'm connected to a PERSON who actually helps. I will never recommend any Verizon service nor myself have a Verizon account for anything, ever. They could care less about their customers and only care about the money. I believe they are in for a rude awakening with all the online services becoming available.

Compare Internet Service Providers