1.54/5
Based on 211 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Verizon Fios

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

2764 Verizon Fios Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I pay for the fastest internet speed... yet it’s as slow as DSL. Two websites I tried to get on failed. Couldn’t even get on them. All that money that I pay, they should reimburse me for a portion of my bill. These cable companies are the only businesses that get away with this issues without any consequences. Frankly, I‘ve had it. Sick of their abuse of power.

Original review: April 18, 2018

After having Fios Triple Play for over 8 years and renewing every 2 years it was time to sign a new contract. It was a nightmare!!! I tried to do the new contract online and was going to receive a $100 gift card. I called for assistance and the customer service representative somehow locked my cart and I could not finish my transaction. She tried to sell me a contract would cost me more. I spend over 10 hours talking to tech support and several customer service representatives and was not able to get back into my cart.

Finally, I spoke to a customer service representative who said, "I can help." She was going to give me $50 credit for this month and a $50 credit for next month to make up for the $100 gift card and if I signed up for Autopay I would receive another $5.00 off every month. I received a $50 credit the first bill. I never received the $50 nor the $5 for autopay. I spoke with 2 customer service representatives and 1 supervisor who was NASTY and was told I would not get the $50 credit and as far as the autopay if I wanted the $5.00 credit every month, I would have to give up my promotion for a free DVR for life. Very dissatisfied with Verizon. Promise you one thing and you get another.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

Not having a phone signal in the building since June 2017. We have been trying to get this resolved with them for almost a year. They caused us to get a DOB violation as we don't have elevator phone line then they convinced us to change to Fios. Still same problem so service as the cable is not working. We believe this is a conspiracy from this company not to provide the service they should and still keep charging us for it. I pray they get investigated. There should be no monopoly for something as critical as communications.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Paying for a new smartphone. Went through their insurance and after 2 months of fighting them got a used one. It arrived damaged and still fighting them and no phone. Even after paying extra for the insurance plan. Asurion with worthless and treats everyone like they are trash.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My internet router has been out for a couple weeks. I called once and spent 3hrs on the phone with a tech to no avail. So I ordered a new router which is Fios' Quantum router their best and it will cost me $5.00 a month. Still no internet, I still had all other services, phone worked, TV worked. We didn’t have a problem because I also work from home and we have a work router that is working fine at full capacity so we were able to use that one while we had the issue with the home internet. Today I called to see if I can finally get the home router working. After an hour the tech says, "Go down to the ONT box." That’s the box Verizon puts in your house that controls all services TV, phone and both my home and work internet. So he says, "Go unplug the box and backup batteries for 2min and then plug back in." This knocked out all my services to the house and 4 hrs later my services are still not back on.

After 4hrs on the phone they told me Tuesday. Yes Tuesday. Today is Sat 4/7/18 so of course that was unacceptable since I had service until their rep told me to unplug it after 4 hrs and speaking to Jeremy in the escalated complaint dept. I got Monday. They have no concern that I work from home and now can’t work. They don’t care that it was their fault I have no service. They don’t care. This is a company that’s just too big that they can knock out my service and make me Wait almost 3 days to fix it. I can’t see keeping Fios after this. A sorry excuse for. Major company with terrible customer service and worse tech support. NYC needs to rid themselves of this company or us as consumers need to move on. It's the only way to get them to at least act like they care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I regret ever getting Fios, seriously is very frustrating leaving your money in a company that doesn’t value you as a customer. I made a payment arrangement one time and I cancel that payment because I paid it before the arrangement was going to be withdrawn out of my account. The day before the arrangement Fios send me an email stating that they were going to withdraw money out of my account. Then I try calling them to tell them why are they going to withdraw money out of the account if I cancel the arrangement online. The point is the company closes at 7 pm couldn’t speak to no one, so I call my bank to stop the payment.

Now Fios is charging a fee that is not my fault because I cancel the arrangement and paid before the arrangement. The point why try to charge me twice. Not fair at all. I wouldn’t recommend Fios to family and friends. Also, they didn’t want to adjust the fee probably because I had renew my contract with them. If my contract was about to be over trust me they work with you, so the person could be stuck in a whole new contract. And then what they do is treat you like nonvalue customer!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

It's only been two days and I am already having trouble! I cannot log into my account to set up my internet and when I call support, I have to wait endlessly. Called twice before actually getting a live person, and then transferred to CS to wait another 15 minutes till I hung up. Recording said that I can log onto the website but it's not any good without access!! Also, the CSR was so rude. Whatever happened to the first class customer service that Verizon was known for? So, now I cannot log into any of my apps and I have to wait for a password reset to be sent in the mail! Never heard of such a thing. Also, I had to wait a week to get service! I just might switch back to Optimum where I never encountered such issues and they were nice! Verizon, you're too big for your britches. Time to switch cell service too.

Original review: March 30, 2018

FiOS is good. What they Don’t tell you on the commercials or by salespeople is there’s a reason why they are pushing the DVR service. It’s because many of the “non-premium” On Demand content costs. Omit too many details when subscribing... too many extra charges.

Original review: March 28, 2018

After being with Verizon for years and with a new addition to the family I decided to call and add Disney and Nickelodeon. Not only did they try to upsell me into a contract they cut my service off for three days. So my stay at home wife and child had no tv or internet for three days. My seventeen year old son was unable to study for SAT and I had to send him to his grandmothers. So I decided to complain and cancel. I switched to Cox and I pay more but that’s fine because they did hang up on me and put me on endless holds.

So I paid the final bill and cancellation fee 350 dollars to Verizon knowing that they would put it on my credit report but after I paid the final bill three months later they sent me a bill from a collection agency for another 35. Keep in mind I never pay anything late and have great credit. I will pay the 35 dollars even though I don’t know what it’s for but the least I can do is write these crooks a bad review. They got me and ruined three days of my kids life. I see bankruptcies in their future.

Original review: March 27, 2018

On 12/18/17, I renewed my Verizon Fios TV and Internet service via the Verizon website for the same price I had been paying for the 2 years prior - $94.99. With equipment rental and an increase in some other fees and taxes, my new monthly total should have been $156.99 - see attached screen shot titled "Order Renewal - 12/18/17." However, when I received my first bill, it was $174.30. I had been charged $15 more for TV and Internet, or $109.99, than I should have been - see attached screen shot titled "First Incorrect Bill." This was the amount that my TV and internet service was going to cost, if I had I not renewed my service. I spoke with 3 different customer service representatives (reps) over the course of several days. They all said that they could see what was wrong and they were going to correct it. However, it was not corrected.

On 12/30/17, I spoke with a 4th customer service rep who advised that the order was showing as “pending,” which is why it had not gone through. He said he would correct it. About 15 minutes later, I lost TV and Internet service. I called Verizon back and was transferred to what I assume was tech support. The lady I spoke with told me, after speaking with a technician, that when I placed my order, it should have never gone through. She said it should have “triggered” a technician coming out to replace the ONT (Optical Network Terminal – a big circuit board in a box on the rear of my house) prior to the order being completed.

I told her that I had spoken with 4 different customer service reps about my order/bill not being correct, and none of them said anything about this. She said that they should have known it, and that everyone she has spoken to in customer service was aware of it. She said they couldn’t restart my service until the ONT got replaced. The earliest a technician could come out was Monday, January 1st, 2018, so I scheduled an appointment for that day.

Later that afternoon (12/30/17), I received an e-mail on my cell phone from Verizon titled “Review My Order.” After entering my zip code and clicking on the link it said, “The order you are trying to preview is canceled (PA02).” - see attached screenshot titled "Order Cancelled." Also, the 4th customer service rep called me back to see if my service had been restored. When I told him it had not, and that it stopped because the ONT was supposed to have been replaced before the order went through, he was shocked. He said he had never heard of this and sounded incredulous. It seems like the only employees who knew this were the technicians. Not even the people in support who answered my calls knew this, until they had spoken with a technician.

I called Verizon back and spoke with someone else in support about the order supposedly being canceled. He said my order went through on 12/27/17 (not 12/30/17). This contradicts what the 4th customer service rep told me. At first, he said he wasn’t seeing anything that should have stopped my TV and Internet from working, and he’d try to restart my service. After speaking with a technician, he said that my order shouldn’t have gone through until the ONT was replaced. He said he couldn’t restart my service with the existing ONT. So, I had no TV and Internet the entire New Year’s weekend. Also, my home phone wouldn’t work because I have a VOIP phone service, but not Verizon’s.

On January 1st, the technician arrived late, at 3:15 PM. I was told that he’d be at my house between noon and 2 PM. He asked me why I was having the ONT replaced because his records show that I have the newest one. Another piece of contradictory information. At one point when he thought it was repaired, he told me to turn on a TV. I did but got no reception. He kept doing stuff on his tablet and ended up speaking with someone and said there appeared to still be a problem with the order. He finally got my service restored but it took about 5 hours to do so.

The technician had to install a new AC power supply for the ONT because my existing AC power supply/battery backup unit wouldn’t work with the new ONT (even though he said he had the same power supply/battery backup unit and a new ONT). He had to install a new cable from the ONT to the new power supply. Where the wires connected to a harness hanging out of the new AC power supply, they were exposed - see attached images titled Verizon ONT PSU. I asked him if there was some way he could cover it up. I was worried about something catching the wires and pulling them out of the harness. He said he didn’t have anything to cover it up and the harness wouldn’t fit inside the power supply unit. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the installation, and told him it was sloppy, or unprofessional, or something to that effect.

AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, after all of the errors made, and incorrect and contradictory information I was given, the first bill I received in January was incorrect. It was for $161.16, or $4.17 higher than what it should have been and I had to call Verizon to have it corrected. The reason for the $4.17 increase was listed as losing a discount for a speed upgrade - see attached screenshot titled "Second Incorrect Bill." The only problem is, I had had never requested a speed upgrade. So, how could I lose a discount for something that I never had in the first place?

I hope someone from Verizon reads this. Verizon has gotten so big, that their internal communications are abysmal and the customers are the ones who suffer as a result. I have specific dates and times of when I called, who I spoke with and what they told me. I just didn’t put all of that information in this review. TV and Internet service with Verizon has been great. I think I’ve had only one outage in the 11 years. However, Verizon should change the name of what they call “customer service,” because it is practically non-existent.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I've been trying to settle a last bill with Verizon since November. I have cancelled my account every month since then and they keep sending me bills. Every time I talk to a rep they say it's fixed, and when the next month rolls around the bill comes back. Their services reps are disrespectful, they don't let you talk, don't know what they are doing, are misleading. I even had a person who raised her voice to me, and would never let me talk. I asked for a survey for feedback and she wouldn't send it. Awful customer service- Worst company ever!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I signed up for Verizon Fios, they said below 10 countries are cover in international calling. 2 customer service reps confirmed that as well to me. They started billing and when called and spoke even with supervisor, they did not cover. Very rude supervisor from Massachusetts office. Comcast (https://www.xfinity.com/) cover 60 countries without any cost, I will be switching to them. Canada. China. Dominican Republic. Hong Kong. India. Mexico. Pakistan. Portugal. South Korea. Singapore.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased Verizon internet/cable about 5 years ago and everything was working perfectly fine for me. I was advised to get the cheapest internet given it's just myself in the apartment and I only need internet for browsing (no streaming/download). My first couple years of service, everything worked fine, then suddenly, my internet started to slow down. It became difficult for me to browse. When I clicked to open a website, it would take such a long time and even sometimes freezes up causing me to close the browser and restart. I called Verizon to find out what happened, without explanation, I was asked to upgrade for almost 2x the amount I currently pay. I really just wanted to understand what happened and the reason I got was that my location may have moved (which is false, I live in the same studio apartment and my laptop/router proximity has remained the same ever since).

I insisted on getting a better explanation, I was asked to buy their newer router for additional $10 a month. Again, I rejected this suggestion. All I was asking for is to get the same quality of service I got when I first signed up. The c. support person said she will transfer me to tech and guess what, I was on hold for 90 minutes + until I just decided to hang up. This is a warning to potential customers, please be wise when choosing your service provider. My experience with Verizon can be summed up as this: They are very nice to new customers but once they get you, they don't care about providing your quality service anymore.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I had Verizon Fios for over two years. A week ago after a wind storm we were left without power and of course internet. We got electricity back again on March 4th, 2018. On Monday March 5th, 2018 it took me 90 minutes to get connected to a Verizon Repair representative until they finally picked up my call. The customer service inform me that they could not came until Wednesday (two days later) March 7th, 2018. A technician showed up on Wednesday afternoon, an hour later the technician inform me that needed another technician with a truck and a boom lift. One hour later a second technician showed up and after they went review the work to be done knocked my door to let me know that would need another truck with boom lift (they needed two trucks) and because the time it was about 5 PM the traffic was so heavy they needed to came back the next day, one of the technician promised to be back first thing in the morning.

The next day no technician in sight, no calls from Verizon to let me know why the technician was not here as promised. At 12 noon I decided to call again to find the status of the repair, the customer service representative inform me that the crew was scheduled to do three other services before coming to my home. Finally after 3 PM two technicians showed up with two trucks each with a lift. My internet was fixed later that day however they never used their trucks they just used a simple ladder. So clearly my service could've been reestablished 24 hours before however the technicians involved were not able, not willing, not had the desire to my connection.

I need reliable internet for my work as I'm a Real Estate Broker, internet to me is us much important as the same as to have transportation, or cell phone. I can understand the wind threw many power lines and that is why it took so much time to respond, I can understand many hundreds or thousand were without power. I cannot understand the unwillingness, the incompetence or the bad blood of the three technicians involved to keep me 24 hours without the service. My concern is that you really know how a company performs is when there is a problem, during my 2 years Verizon has collected my monthly service fee however when is time to provide solutions when a problem arises Verizon lacks of customer support, their technicians lack of training. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Cancelling the service is a nightmare. It is very easy to sign up, but when you want to cancel their holding times are 30 mins or more and in Spanish is an hour or more. But for some reason every time you try to cancel their system is down and they cannot help you that day and ask you to call back. Their cancellation and support is all foreign and we get the Bteam. :(

Original review: March 9, 2018

I initially signed up with Verizon Fios in September of 2015 in which I agreed to a rate of 44.99 each month. After some time without any problems, in August of 2018 I noticed my rate increased to 54.99 a month. I immediately called customer support and the representative apologized for the increase and assured me if I renew my contract for 2 years she would be able to revert my rate back to the 44.99. Today, March 9 6 months later I noticed my rate increase again to 74.99. I called again irate at the constant rate increases and expressed my displeasure with the Verizon customer service representative. I explained my history and expressed I just renewed in August with the expectation my rate will remain at $44.99. She stated the previous representative added discounts that expired last month. I assured the lady this was not what I was lead to believe and I was very dissatisfied with their business practice.

Lo and behold, she told me I could agree to another contract agreement for another 2 years to decrease my rate. I explained I already went through this and I was uncomfortable agreeing to another contract as they couldn't honor the first agreement we had. Other than agreeing to another 2 year agreement, the customer service representative stated there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to the supervisor and he again tried to convince me to agree to a 2 year contract and stated other than signing a 2 year contract, there was nothing he could do.

Original review: March 8, 2018

God help you if you ever decide to ‘upgrade’ your cable service to Verizon FIOS. Let me see – where should I begin? From day one my internet access was deplorable. Several times I complained to Verizon and on each occasion they talked me into to upgrading my bandwidth but to no avail. Now whenever I need to access the Internet I use the pleasant lady downstairs RCN router.

Anyway last night I returned from vacation only to find that I had no internet, television, or landline service. So I called 1-800-VERIZON. I encourage anyone that is thinking of installing FIOS to call 1-800-VERIZON. Actually if you look on the WEB you will find several phone numbers for FIOS support. It doesn’t matter which number you call you will be connected to the same maddening automated system. Speaking to this automated agent is about as pleasant as drinking a glass of napalm.

Seems that the FIOS system understands that people don’t like being put on hold for long periods of time. So the system tries to resolve your problem. After establishing who you are the system prompts: “Do you need technical support”; “Is this for your home or business”; “What is the zip code of your location”; “OK I’ll transfer you to someone who can assist you”. So you expect a real person to answer – no such luck. A new automated system takes over offering a series of mundane commands – “Power – on/off the system”; “Reboot the router”; “OK we’ll run a test – looks like your system is working fine – power off the system and in 10 minutes you will be fine – have a good night and thank you for calling FIOS support” Clink – Oh really?

So I try a different FIOS support number and I get the same result. After a few more cycles I have lost it and start yelling at the ‘voice’ “AGENT AGENT AGENT – and this does seem to work. Next thing I hear is: “We are experiencing very long call wait times. We encourage you to go to the Verizon web site for help – thank you for calling Verizon”. Clink. Now enraged I call again and this time I’m not so nice to the voice. After several vulgar shrieks I finally hear: “Thank you. Your call is important to us. I’m sorry, but due to heavy call volume all of our technicians are busy at the moment, but please stay on the line. Your call will be answered shortly". Generic muffled music interspersed with countless attempts to sell you something. Can you imagine being happy about being put on hold?

Fifty five minutes later I get to speak with one of Verizon’s four service technician. Jamie was a very nice man from India the Mecca of technical support personnel. Did you ever notice that Verizon salespeople are never from India? This is because Verizon wants you to have a pleasant experience while they are trying to sell you something that you don’t need which happens every time you call Verizon for whatever reason you happen to call. “Hello this is Paul and my television set is spewing white foam” – “Thank you for calling Verizon, after reviewing your service contract we are entitled by the rules established at the Geneva Convention to inform you that we can reduce the amount of your monthly bill by $1.15 – all you have to do is agree to a 12 year contract extension.

I will go ahead and have you start savings immediately and you’ll surely want to sign up for our Premium Technical Support which is only $14.95 per month. This is the service required to address your white foam issue”. First thing Jamie ask me to go find the large white box that is probably outside my house. So at 9 PM on a cold snowy evening I finally locate this box on the side of the house which happen to be bolted shut. Jamie asks me to get a wrench and remove the bolts so that he can step me through the simple fix.

When I explained to him that I had no intention of removing these bolts he instructed me to go inside the garage where I would find another white box on the wall opposite the outside box. I located this box. When I informed him that none of the four LED lights on the outside of this box were on he told me that this is impossible unless that box is not plugged in. He told me to check to make sure that the box is plugged it. There was no plug. This box is hard wired into circuit breaker box. He wanted me to disconnect the wire from the circuit breaker. I explained that I was plagued with electrophobia, and that I own heavy rubber gloves that I use when I change the batteries on my flashlight.

I told him he was nuts if he thought that I was going to mess with the circuit box. Jamie then he told me that he would not be able to help me if I was unwilling to do any of these small tasks. I suppose had I obliged that the next instruction would have had me at the top of pole on the street which is a task that my acrophobia would have prevented me from performing. Finally, nearly 2 hours after I first called FIOS Jamie told me that serviceman would be at my house in three days but that I may be charged $300 if I was somehow responsible for the box with the LED not receiving power. The RCN guy is coming in four days!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I LOVE Verizon Due is Triple Play but it's very difficult to get through to them directly. Although we DID have a bad Nor'Easter snow storm. I was on hold one and a half hours and gave up. The fiber optic cable was laying across my street. Still trying to reach SOMEONE.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Verizon Fios came and installed their product in my neighborhood last summer. No one had a choice. They left my yard a mess and left a hole in my yard. I didn't think much of it, tried to fill it in with dirt, but now, months later, I see that my paver driveway, right next to the hole, is sinking. I have contacted them numerous times, via internet chat on their website, phone calls, and through messaging on Facebook (when I complained on Facebook, they immediately responded and told me to enter a private chat with them).

I chatted for about an hour and a half and was assured that this was because this time "they were going to get it right" and someone would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. I got a phone call the following day, missed the call, but immediately returned the call to the number that called me, twice, and have yet to get a response. Below is the confirmation number that was given to me during Facebook chat. But I had been given other numbers by other reps, I don't think they mean anything.

Original review: March 5, 2018

FIOS has the worst customer service unfortunately it is a great product because of the point to point Fiber. As soon as other cable companies start offering Fiber connections, I will be the first to say goodbye to Verizon. I have now been on hold for over an hour.

Original review: March 5, 2018

For three years I have had this service for cable and internet. But this weekend the customer service was horrible. I was on hold for two hours trying to find out why they keep putting in tickets to fix my service and nobody has been here to fix it. They keep changing the dates and times with no explanation. I am unable to get anyone on the phone to help with this. I have spent over two hours trying to get someone on the phone. I will not be renewing with this company. This is poor customer service. And still have no service. And went on their outage in the area and there is none in my area. So why don't I have service? No explanation. No one picking up the phone. But you want to get paid. Huh. I will be finding another service.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Our Verizon Fios went out during a storm. We were on hold many times for over an hour trying to call but were unable to speak with anyone and were unsuccessful in getting through. On our sixth attempt in calling and day 3 of no service, we were able to get through and speak with an actual person after an hour and a half wait. We were told that they were unable to have someone come fix our service for an additional 5 days. They also said that they were unaware that our service had been out. Are they serious??? There was no way to contact or speak with anyone!!! We will be moving in two months and definitely will not be using Verizon. Worst customer service ever!! The processes they have in place do not work and they should be ashamed of their business processes and customer service.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Verizon does nothing but lie, one after another. Including their corporate depart. Then when you call them on it they do NOTHING. I'm sorry they apologize but then do nothing to correct it. If a rep. ever knocks on your door... SLAM it in their face! The door to door sales are the worst! Lied about credit check inquiry, the charges, and what your bill is going to be. The problem is the REAL charges do not show until you're locked into their contract. Which is 30 days from installation. My 2 year contract can't come fast enough and it's only been 2 days!!! It makes me SICK that this company gets away with how they run their business. I'm writing to warn people to NOT get yourself involved with Verizon! Not even 2 full stars out of 5??? That says a lot right there!!! BE VERY CAREFUL PEOPLE!

Original review: March 2, 2018

This message is for anyone that is even thinking about signing up with Verizon/Fios cable. Please I beg of you, do not put yourself through this... That you will read from here on. On are about December 28th or 29th, the manager at the Arundel Mills Blvd, in Hanover MD, told me that if I signed up for Verizon/Fios triple play plan that he would waive the installation fees, give me Showtime for the time I have Verizon, I would be giving a $250.00 gift, he would waive the pretty much everything (not to mention forgetting to tell me things that I needed to know).

January 4th the installer arrived to install my system, just to tell me that Verizon/Fios (unlike Comcast) had to drill a hole in my walls from the outside to bring in the cables. Yet I told him that I already have drops installed, he then stated that Verizon/Fios being fiber driven, had to be ran in by him and then I would be set. Now, this guy runs the cable into my garage and stops. Then he brought in the cable boxes to install, just to tell me that now the system will not work because they can’t use my data drops... And that I need phone drops installed… Even though he told me that once he ran Verizon/Fios cable in, that I would be set. Then he tells me that Verizon/Fios doesn’t run cable through the house like Comcast so that it was up to me to get a drop installed. What pisses me off is that no one bother to tell me this until after he drilled holes in my wall to the garage.

So then the installer, gives me his number and tells me that he will get back with me after he speaks with his manager about the issue. Three day goes by and I hears nothing from him. So I called him and he doesn’t answers nor returns my messages. So now I get on the phone with Verizon and they starts transferring me from person to person for about an hour. So finally I get to speak with a manager. Who tells me that because I had to go through all these changes, that he will give me HBO for 12 months free. Yet when I get my bill I see that I’m being charged for it.

Now, the second installer arrives and still doesn’t know how to connect the phone system for me to have tripper play. He then also states that he will get with his manager and get back with me, still haven’t heard from him either. So now I’m back at the front office where the manager they set me up with this mess to get him to help me out with this. He then gets on the phone with Verizon and get placed on hold for more than an hour…

Finally someone answers the phone and tells him that a manager will be calling me on Wednesday to made an appointment to come out to assist the issue for themselves. Wednesday afternoon and one of their operators call me just to ask me if I wanted to speak with a manager… Come now, wasn’t the manager suppose to have been calling me, so why am I being ask that? If you are still with me at this point, it doesn’t matter what your thoughts are of me, because I’m just trying to share my experience with Comcast, so that other will not have to go through this. Btw… Nothing has been corrected, nor have I heard anything from any manager from Comcast cable department.

Updated on 03/05/2018: This review is a follow up to the one placed a few days ago... Verizon just had a machine call me to work out an issue that a manager were suppose to come out to check up on. The machine called me and told me I needed to call Verizon to check up on my account, but when I called into Verizon using the number given, it connected me with someone in India and god knows they didn't understand what was happening. So I called the manager at the 7645 Arundel Mills Blvd, Hanover Md 21076 location and he just got pissed at me for asking him to help me with this issue.

So as of right now Verizon Fios have shown me that they have no contention of helping me and Verizon billing department stated that once I cancel my services that there will be a early disconnect fee. Again, please I know Comcast's customer service is just as bad...but please if you do not have Verizon...do not get these people, because you will not be pleased at all.

Original review: March 1, 2018

What are the chances that I am dealing with overbilling? The lady upstairs who is 92 is dealing with it and a friend in New Mexico is too? I left Time Warner now Spectrum (as if the name change changes anything) because they refused to give me a good price after two years. They called my bluff and lost but so did I because I have Verizon. After the 92 year old lady upstairs was dealing with the many tricks Verizon pulled with her lifeline I had to deal with them. I had to call them to help the lady after three calls from her family members that went nowhere. They charge her $52 for a landlines PLUS long distance service even though she doesn't need one plus 10 cents per call.

I called and demanded they fix her lifeline issues. It took me three calls that would be six in total. They owe her credit and still bill her so she can see what charges apply for the credit. Guess what? It went from $52 to $153! They also added requested service nobody ordered. If anyone of us little people did that we'd be in the news and in jail! As for my problem I was told I had best internet when installed a year ago. Now a rep told me, "Nope that's old" and it would cost me $150 to upgrade! My bill is $62 but they bill me $142. When I call they say I get billed a month ahead! WHAT?

Then to add salt to that wound they charge late fees for me refusing to pay ahead! I will be leaving them soon guess who my only choice is? My friend in New Mexico is also dealing with them and he told me in the last two week (unresolved) he spent a total of a day and a half with no solution. It's always about them ripping people off and it's blatant. We have to start fighting together and put a stop to this NOW!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I authorized Verizon FIOS to deduct ONE payment from my checking account. After they deducted the payment I authorized they then deducted the same amount a SECOND time UNAUTHORIZED. And to add insult to injury the second deduction from my checking account did NOT get credited to my Verizon FIOS account. IT DISAPPEARED! I have been waiting 11 days for the money that Verizon took unauthorized to be returned to me. I e-mailed Executive Ken Dixon several times with absolutely no reply. I even e-mailed Lowell McAdam several times with no reply. I have sent them my bank statement several times and nothing has been done. The reps have been rude, unprofessional and completely unhelpful. DO NOT GIVE VERIZON FIOS YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT INFO. THEY STEAL!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Fios lost another customer! Spent 2 hours today on the phone with Fios customer service. Was passed to 3 different departments outsourced twice to India or someplace they barely speak English all with no results. Made several attempts to have a supervisor call me back over the past 8 weeks and nobody ever calls you back! But they still charge you for services! Overbilling is outrageous here. Signed up for a 189.00 package and my bill every month is 279.00. And supervisors or speaking to anyone of any importance that can work with you DO NOT EXIST at Verizon Fios!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We've been Verizon customers for years (phone, internet and TV) and have been satisfied with their service. Recently whenever we would turn on the TV a message would appear stating that we need to upgrade our service. I contacted Verizon and told them I didn't want to pay more, she said we would have better service for only $5 more per month. I agreed only to realize we got less stations (stations that we normally watch) for more money. I tried to switch back to our original package and Verizon told me that was a grandfathered pack and we were not able to.

If I wanted to watch the shows our family used to then it would be more money. We also kept losing our internet (better service-ha) and they needed to come and change the box outside. It was confirmed for a Saturday, I left work early that day (losing out on 2 hours pay) and they never showed up! Our service appointment was accidentally cancelled out of their system. Bait and switch company. You will be disappointed with Verizon.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

The condo building where I live is wired for Verizon Fios so I signed up with them when I moved in. I am 80 years old and handicapped. I'm having problems with no signal at various times for no reason. Why when I call with a problem do they want to walk me through a "fix". I am not a service person for Verizon. After explaining my problem and they trying to fix it over the phone I finally had a service tech come out the other day and he got my cable working. Today again I lost cable in my den and went thru the same song and dance.

Finally got a service date again. Hopefully the problem will be fixed. In addition a few months I was offered a "deal" to include SHO and HBO which I signed up for. Each subsequent bill is higher than I was promised and no one can explain clearly why so. I happen to watch those channels a lot so I'm paying a small fortune to Verizon. I am also a stockholder and right now very angry and upset with Verizon. I wish Comcast was available where I currently live but it is not.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I just read several reviews of people complaining that Verizon's data plans always run out of data... Even if you are TOLD you signed up for an unlimited amount... and then they charge you. This just happened to me. Again. I will be calling them. Again. I look forward to switching plans.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

• Best for: Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs