1.97/5

2941 Verizon Fios Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I had Fios services for a year and due to terrible customer service I went to a different company, and now after having my account close and pay off for months, I am got a charge on my card from them for service that I didn't order or use, call them and for once I got a pleasant person on the phone, she cancel the account and reverse the payment, I got my money back and now I am getting a bill again and calls from collection and they said the only way to get this resolve is to pay the bill with is more the 200$. They could have a good picture quality but I don't think is worth the aggravation, time on the phone with customer service which is bad very bad and on top of that you may get a surprise bill for something you didn't use or order.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

When planning on switching to Verizon for your business Landline, consider Verizon's garbage customer service and terrible mobile phone App. The app forwards only 10% of phone calls to your mobile phone and constantly logs you out of the app through-out the day. If you're attempting to use Verizon Fios for business, plan on losing money!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

After having FIOS and Comcast Xfinity for several years. Highly recommend Xfinity over FIOS. - Better Customer Service. - Better picture quality. FIOS still pixels from digital noise after all these years. - Equal internet service. - Beware of undisclosed fees from FIOS and noncredit for partial month at termination.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I am totally new to Verizon Fios! I am on my first billing cycle. The gentleman who set up my home internet for me for the first time told me and INSIST me to enroll in Auto Pay to get $10. He also told me I am not into any contracts. When I called Customer Service to ask if that is applicable to my first bill they said NO! Because I am not a contract! They offered me the Auto Pay discount only if I DO A CONTRACT WITH THEM FOR TWO YEARS! NOT DEFINITELY AN OPTION FOR ME!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was a new customer at Verizon and I was told a technician was coming to install internet in my home on Friday sometime between 8am and 5pm (I even called on Thursday just to confirm and they said yes someone would come out on Friday). The MyFios app also said a technician was coming on Friday. On Friday, I sent a message to the technician using the MyFios app asking her/him to please let me know when s/he arrives so that I can let the technician in. Long story short, I spent the whole day at home on Friday and when I hadn't heard from anyone at 3pm I called Verizon again and was told no technician was coming. The customer service gentleman at Verizon pointed out to me that "it doesn't matter that no one came today because they wouldn't have been able to install a phone jack anyways."

The nerve it must take to treat a dissatisfied customer this way. Here I am hoping to sign up for your service and basically I was told that my time is not important to them. I am a biomedical researcher and losing a weekday is a huge setback for my work, as I am sure it would be for any other subscriber. 5 minutes later I called Comcast and within 11 hours I had internet. On a Friday at 2am no less. And for the same price as Fios (39.99/month). It (the Comcast internet) works great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I signed up for what was to be high speed internet. I was told the internet and the phone came as a package deal. Turns out the internet service was slow to the point of not even working. I called and cancelled the service within a week. I was told there would not be a charge. Now I am being charged $178.13 and turned over to collections. Verizon says this is the charge for coming to my house to install a phone line. I use a cell phone and do not need another phone. I would never have agreed to a $178.13 charge for a phone line. When I filed complaints with the FCC and BBB Verizon had the gall to offer a $3.00 reduction. Stay away from Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just got off the phone with a rude customer service rep who came off so strong and did not let me speak until I spoke up. I am signed up with auto pay but wanted to see if they can make special payment arrangements as a one time thing. All I wanted was for them to process my payment for the next day due to financial issues but the rep said she they absolutely could not help me at all. I understand Auto Pay is Auto Pay but if a customer needs special arrangements which is reasonable, I don't see why not help. It's bad customer service like this that makes me not want to be a customer of Verizon anymore SMH.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

After checking their website about nonpromotional price per month for their packages (spoiler alert they don't post them) I tried online chat. Welcome to algorithms central. Just type real person and they transfer you. First associate claimed he couldn't help me by my account number needed a phone number. Closed out and tried again, this time I decided to just claim I was a new customer. This person began right away with I need your account number. When told I was looking for service between them and a another provider. Stated he was willing to open an account for me to get the information. Told them no just wanted information.

Then requested address, I only provided zip code so they could see service area for price, and requested his employee identifier. He then terminated the session. Third attempt, was given the information right away, but was told they reward customer who stay with even greater discounts as time goes on. Full disclosure I have been with FIOS for a decade, The service has declined over the years, and I have been told they are no expanding FIOS to them working only with 5G services in the future to replace it.

I can also tell you they don't reward jack for longevity. My package has been replaced by higher speed options at the same price. Only way for me to change anything is to begin a new contract again with them. I am moving soon to an area they do not provide service for, I know they go after people for ETF when such events happen. Few more months and I am done with the decaying Fios and their horrible forced routers which they have complete access to. Also their wifi is underpowered, and you can't use their router as a bridge due to how their cable boxes work.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Complaint of Misrepresentation. In the month of Aug. 2018; a representer from Verizon came to my resident presenting false advertising service with Verizon. This individual name is Lauren. She a rep. for Verizon. Now I have a bill, that I can’t afford with this company, and as I am going through channels with Verizon, to see what can be done about this matter here, I’m being told, that the rep presenter should not have given out any free service. And what makes it so bad, upon what this rep presenter was advertising, I went and got a couple of other people involved with this, and they are mad, upon what is happening to them as well.

On Aug. 16th, 2018, a Ms. Lauren came to my resident, advertising service with Verizon, I express to Ms. Lauren, that the only service that I want is the internet, in which that would have cost me 39.99 with auto payment, and 49.99 without auto payment. Ms. Lauren, came off with a deal, that sound so good, saying look if you take this package in which it was a triple play; TV, Phone, and internet. And if you take this here, upon what she was offering, I get a 150 dollar gift card, and a 200 dollar toward a range of Google and nest smart home device, and that I “won’t” get my first bill until Oct the first of 2018 of a 108.00 dollars, and by time they put the taxes on it, it comes to about a 124.00.

I questioned Ms. Lauren, upon what she had offered to me, saying that all sound good, but still I just needed internet, because I just look at news, and I don’t need a phone, because I have a phone. Then she came off, making the pot sweeter, by saying. "This what you do, take this offer here and get the gift, and the 200 dollars toward the device, and when you pay that first bill, talk with someone in support, of dropping the TV, and the phone off the plan, and it will bring your bill down to 40.00 dollars a month." (But she said to call her first).

Everything has been set up for the technician will come out on 08/23/2018 between 9 am-11 am, and they will call an hour before they come out. Ms. Lauren also has given me a contact number (**), to get with her, pertaining to this service and upon me downgrading to just the internet. Now before the service was hooked up here at my resident, I receive a letter from Verizon, informing me that the technician will be out on the 23th of Aug. 2018 between the hours of 9 am & 11 am; and about my service with Verizon, and the bill of 124.87, the 200 dollar reward, and the 150.00 dollars gift card. I guess this suppose to be my contact. It doesn’t indicate upon when I suppose to pay this 124.87, (so I wasn't worried, because upon what was explains to me by Ms. Lauren, that my first bill wasn’t until Oct. 1st 2018.

On Aug. 18th, 2018; I receive a letter from Verizon, stating that there was a change was made to upgrade my e-mail on Aug. 17th, 2018’. On Aug. 21th 2018, I receive a letter from Verizon, stating changing on my secret question on Aug 20th, 2018. On Aug. 24th, 2018, I receive a letter from Verizon, stating changes to my account, on Aug. 23th 2018. On Aug. 24th 2018, I receive a bill, indicating that I have to pay my first bill by Sept. 17th, 2018. Now I am getting in the panic mode. Because my understanding that my first bill wasn’t until Oct. The 1st 2018, and here I am receiving this bill telling me that I have until Sept. 17th, 2018 to pay this amount of 124.87. This when I start calling Ms. Lauren, and Verizon; with Ms. Lauren, I can never get any response from her. I leave a voicemail, and she never returns any calls. But I get more concern when I went into my account on the web, now my bill double.

Now I call Verizon, and they tell you a wait call is about an hour. This been going on until I stayed on the phone to Verizon for an hour an a half to speak with someone on Sept. 25th 2018, and at this time, I spoke with two individual, about this matter for about two hours or more, and it was express to me that there wasn’t anything that they can do, and that they were going to take the whole 249.97 from out my bank account. I have spoken with a supervisor, and I express everything that is in the above paragraph to him, he expressed to me that he was sorry, that there wasn’t anything they could do. But he did make an arrangement for me to pay this 249.97. Oct. The 1st 2018 they will take 114.87 out of my bank account. And then on Nov. The 4th 2018, they take the whole 229.74 out of my bank account, all this because of misrepresentation.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

It’s a great service!... on paper. The actual TV service consistently stops working whenever there is any type of storm. So tired of trying to speak with a service representative only to find out it’s an area outage that will be fixed in the next day or two,... or three.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered FiOS cable and Internet on the phone. The agent went through the services and we agreed on a non-contractual, triple play package that would give me all of the movie channels and the sports package. She sent me the information via email to approve. As I was reading through the details while I was still on the phone with the representative. I asked her again, “You’re sure this isn’t a contract”? She said, "Absolutely not and you can cancel at any time." We approved the details of the order. She went on to let us know that we just had to pick up the cable boxes and we could set it up ourselves. That turned out not to be true. We had to spend another $50 and wait several days for a technician to come to the house and set it up.

About a week later we noticed we were not getting the movie channels we had signed up for. I called and the customer service rep said that the two movie channels that were missing were not included in our package. I would have to spend another $10 a month to add them. I told them what the rep on the phone said about getting ALL the movie channels. They said, "I’m sorry you were given the wrong information but there’s nothing we can do about it." I asked them to pull the transcripts from the conversation on the phone. They assured me they would try to do so and will get back to me the information. I called several times to see where it stood and if they were able to get the information from the transcripts. I was told they were working on it. I never heard back from them and decided just to get HBO and Showtime through Amazon.

Six months later we’re still disappointed with our service and the price is ridiculous, $230 a month and we don’t even have all the movie channels. We decided to go back to Comcast so I canceled my account with Fios. The agent on the phone said that I was responsible for a $275 cancellation fee for early termination of the contract. I explained the problems I had with the sales rep from the very beginning. She said she would send me an email on how to challenge the charges.

When I got the email it said that only military or death can get you out of the contract. I went back through all of my original emails from when we signed up. Nothing ever said we were in a contract but it never said we weren’t. I contacted the chat line and the woman said she believes me because it happens all the time, but there was nothing she could do about the fee. She said I would have to contact an 800 number. So I did.

I called the number and talk to a man who said they only keep the transcripts for 30 days so unfortunately they can’t prove that the sales rep lied to me. I asked to speak to his boss. He gets on, talking like a robot, and states that they cannot look at the transcripts for their errors in a customer inquiry. The transcripts are only for training purposes. I asked him why several people told me that they would try to pull the transcripts If that was really never even an option. He just continued with his robot-talk, telling me the policies and kept repeating himself in a monotone voice. So, some woman made a commission off of the contract she tricked me into and I have to pay an additional $275 to get out of it. I really wish there was something I could do, but being that this is a huge company and I’m no one really, I haven’t got a leg to stand on.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have been with Fios for 9 months now. My husband and I would call them about an issue and we literally wait at least 3 damn hours to talk to someone when you call them about 1 specific problem. As soon as you get off the phone with them 3 or 4 more problems occur and it’s HELL to try to get somebody to help you fix it. I CANT STAND THIS COMPANY. I really wish they didn’t exist and it’s never 1 person that can get your solution solved. You have to go through at least 4 people to get to 1 problem. It takes FOREVER to get a technician to come out and deal with specific issues that’s occurring. THIS COMPANY IS STRAIGHT GARBAGE. #TRASH. Worst damn service ever.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have had nothing but problems and lots of lies from day one. My problem now is that I have called and cancelled my service 3 or 4 times and they still have NOT cancelled. Of course they sent an email to stay for a much cheaper price and I didn't. That was weeks ago and today I get a text and an email that My service was going to be disconnected for NON PAYMENT!!! WTF? They even sent the return boxes to send the equipment back and charged me for another month. WTF is wrong with these **? What the heck do I have to do to get rid of these people? I HATE FIOS!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Just trying to get my password reset. I have been on the phone for almost two hours. This is the worst service I have ever had. Of course everyone is so polite but no one can do what is needed without info from another dept., so you are transferred and you hold, then after going through everything you are transferred to another dept. to get information and you hold. Then instead of giving you what you need, they don't and transfer you back. Which they still can't help you. They send you a password reset in the mail to get in several days but you need to get in your account now? Watching Fios may be great but is it worth this hassle?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

A Verizon Representative came to our home to renew our contract. He promised a year of NetFlix for free. When I contacted Customer Service they say those are not real Verizon Reps and would not honor the promise. Spoke over the course of 6 months to various people, they wouldn't give us a credit despite very clear evidence that we were given poor service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

2018 - recently downgraded my Fios TV package from Preferred HD to a "Custom TV" plan. This means downgrade from ~350 channels to ~200 channels and save about $80 per month - and yes most channels are junk as we all know. Agents tells me the five different Custom TV plans are all the "same price" and I can switch to any of them. The "Sports and News" plan costs more because it includes sports channels - OK fine. Fios provides no simple mechanism to compare the different plans in terms of what channels you get. So I choose "Action & Entertainment".

The next day I check in detail what channels I get, and find out the plan I selected excludes CNBC. I call back and ask to switch to "Home & Family" and this new agent says this plan will cost about $7.50 more. So obviously first agent held back information and was untruthful because I specifically asked "are these five custom TV plans the same price". The answer from the first agent was "yes, same price and you can switch between them any time."

Next thing I'll mention is the Fios Internet or Fios Gigabit Connection. I had 50Mbps connection and it was fine for my needs. Never had a problem with the Internet speed. The first Agent tells me to downgrade to the "Custom TV" plan I have to upgrade the router and pay $10 more per month for a fast Fios Internet (150Mbps). I say I don't want this and I don't need it. The agent insists I need to faster Internet speed and new router or I can switch the TV package. Next day I call back and speak to new agent. I ask to remove the faster Fios Internet so I don't have to pay the extra $10 per month. This agent tells me he can downgrade me to the previous Internet speed and keep my current router, but the overall Fios Package would cost more. Yeah right, slower Internet speed and the triple play package costs more. As you can see one of the agents was not truthful.

I would just cut the cord on TV, but I still need Internet service and you likely know as well as I that Verizon will charge more for the Fios Internet service and phone - regardless of the internet speed - to dissuade you from removing a TV package. So we are stuck with a triple play pkg. Although this is an unfair business practice, I get it. But what irks me is the untruthful and manipulative agents.

There are many other manipulations Verizon agents practice as well such as forcing HBO or Showtime on you and telling you if you remove it the TV plan price is higher. Lesson here is do your homework upfront before you speak to a Verizon agent so you are less likely to get manipulated. Also, FYI Consumer Reports did an analysis of Fios and the title of the article is: Verizon FiOS Packages Are Incredibly Confusing. Verizon says it changed its Custom TV plan to offer more flexibility and simplicity, but we sure don't see it that way. Start your learning process by reading this article.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I recently had to call 3 separate times to have voicemail activated on home phone. The customer service reps kept stating they would personally follow ticket to be certain it was activated. If you have ever called FiOS, you realize how painful the process is to get a live person. Hours have been spent on getting our voicemail active. Then yesterday's call the rep took care of it in 2 minutes. Seems I wouldn't have had to call 3 times if they could just stop telling customers what they want to hear and actually help them. Then training would be involved.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Promised a $100 credit for 2 no-shows by install technician. Told for 4 months in row it would be on next bill. Called every month and asked customer service to review. Also multiple supervisors confirmed it was in notes and would be processed on next bill. After locked in for 2 years they now say it isn't in the notes so no credit! Thanks FIOS!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Had Fios cable switched to just internet and now it keeps cutting out. I cut cable and upgraded internet. Now it's slower than before. Internet never cut out before. Now it goes out every couple of hours. Wish I would of just switched to COX! Loved Fios but now starting to hate it!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Just spoke to the absolute rudest Rep named Geovanni, Rep ID: ** at Verizon’s recovery Dep. Mr. Geovanni basically pulled up my credit report without my consent to check if I was lying about Verizon STILL reporting me (FOR YOUR MISTAKE). I was so wrong in getting services installed by Verizon on Dec. 1st 2017 and finally though I ended my relationship with Verizon on Dec. 12 or 13 2017, the Rep NEVER CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT AND I WAS BILLED FOR JAN. 2018 and FEB. 2018.

I spoke to a Rep named Paul Rep ID: ** and his supervisor Ann a couple of weeks back and they listen to the phone call, and CONFIRMED that I did indeed call in to cancel my account 12 days after it was installed, Paul applied all necessary credits to my account and I paid my final bill of $37.60 the very next day. I am STILL being wrongfully reported by Verizon in my Credit Report.

All the reps I have spoken to have not been helpful if knowledgeable in the matter, I have been transferred and transferred to finally get a Rep: Giovanni in Verizon Recovery Dep, Rep ID: **. He was very rude, pulled my credit report without my consent, alsooo!!! Basically called me a liar because his system in which he pulled my credit report did not show that Verizon was reporting me. Wellllll today on Sep. 10th 2018 I pulled my credit report from all 3 credit bureaus through annualcreditreport.com (which is the absolute most accuse system to obtain our credit reports). After asking for a floor manager Mr. Geovanni stated no one is available, after I state I will wait in line, he raised his voice even more and said No, and hung up on me. Actually kept me on the line with his mic on mute and after 5 min he hung up on me.

I heard about the lack of customer service training Verizon reps tend to demonstrate, but although I was warned but many, I was still interested to find out if the instrument they provided was faster than my previous Optimum internet which to my surprise it was actually good, but Optimum was faster and cheaper than Verizon. They also provide better customer service and listen to the customer RATHER THAN RAISING THEIR VOICE AND TRANSFERRING MULTIPLE TIMES AND HANGING UP! Be warned. Verizon service may be good but the customer service incentives you are locked in, you are screwed as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Verizon FIOS has really gone downhill. 90 minute wait times and the Chat service reps are useless. I called the service team again after getting hung up on the first time. Now that all members of my household have a cell phone the landline is no longer needed but I was told if I cancel the digital voice service the monthly bill would increase $25. Incompetent crooks.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Transferred services to new address. So when I called cause I needed to be installed same day I moved in tech on phone mentioned, “You will be upgraded in wifi and pretty much everything stays the same”, offered me a surround system as I’m starting new contract. I said ok and that I will be charged an installation fee that out of 100+ I spoke to him and was able to bring it down to $50. I was ok with that but once I moved in Verizon charged twice my account making the balance $0 in August 2018. September comes I owe $400+ for services. How is that possible!

Meanwhile the tech never mentioned to me I will be charged half month upfront but if you add my monthly is 204 + 50 installation. Where the hell that other number came from! They sneaky so please think about it five times before switching to Fios. They charge you 1st bill around 400 dollars. I ask myself is that a security deposit like an apartment. Then I have to wait a 90 day turn to get gift, gift I paid for. Helloooo. Verizon is a rip-off.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

2 hours on hold and still waiting for technical service. 3rd call in 2 days since install. Cable card in my TiVo not working and they are unable to fix when you do get someone on the phone. Last time was on hold 1 hour. This time even more outrageous! On top of that they failed to port my telephone number that I have had for 20 years. Now I have to wait another 4 days for that. They are horrible! Deserve a zero rating.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I called in about 6:30-ish this morning (9/7/18 to ask about today's tech visit to my home. The Rep who called herself Samantha, I don't know if that was her real name, was very rude and talked over me. I tried to explain that the reason why the ticket number was different was because I had to call from a neighbor's house, I had no phone or internet service. She would not let me explain but continued to talk over me. When she finally blurted out, "Well give me your address" She barely let me do that, interrupting me. Near the end of the call, I told her that she should be more patient, especially to seniors. Very RUDE! I never had a problem with any of the Verizon Reps or any other employee before this person. Verizon, I'm sure you can check your phone logs to see the identity of this person.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I just had to renew my FIOS package & was hit with a 15% increase (comes to about $20 EXTRA a month) & they restructured the package I currently have so I lose my 2 premium channels (HBO & SHOWTIME) so I now have to pay A LOT more for less. I would recommend to anyone to also file a complaint online with the FCC about them - they are crooks. Would NOT recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I am trying to get help with threatening phone calls and this is the second time I have been put on hold for over 1 hour... You would think you're waiting to speak to the Lord. How can they get away with this. The first time I got someone on the line they said that I needed to call back after it happened again... Are you nuts! Consumer Reports said to contact the phone company... like... how the heck do you get in contact with these dirty birds! I would hate to tell you how many hundred dollars we pay these greedy birds a month for all our services. Where can I complain to get some assistance... They are worse than bullies!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Everything was great for 1 year until I moved apartments. I think Verizon sends its best and most competent techs on the initial installs. The guy they sent on my move (within the same building) was rude and acted like I should be tech savvy and know how to program my router. Duh??! Why the hell did I call for a Verizon tech to do the install??? Because I'm not tech savvy! Trying to speak to a LIVE human being via their customer service is IMPOSSIBLE!!! I see why I switched to AT&T mobile so many years ago. I so wish I could have DirecTV or Dish vs Verizon... As I'm writing this review I've been trying to speak to a human and not a robot or chat. After 57 minutes the rep I was chatting with actually called me and I'm currently on hold to speak with billing dept. NEVER GET VERIZON FIOS!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

It all began when I was w/o internet for over a week... I was without internet service for over a week because the modem wasn't working. I had a lot of assignments due online. the service representative contacted a team to come out and replace the modem. When the guy came out from the Verizon facility he called my phone, asked me what the problem was and when I told him that the modem wasn't working, he hung up. Shortly after I received a message saying "sorry I missed you please reschedule." When I called them, they denied that ever happened. They reschedule for their guy to come back. He never told me he was there, but I went out and the guy pretended to be asleep in the Verizon van. I knocked on his window and he pretended to "wake up." Verizon said that they would give me an additional discount on top of the one I already had for my troubles so that I wouldn't leave the co.

When I received my bill, I saw that they removed the discount I already had and did not add the other one. My bill was much higher. I immediately called them and they pretended they did not know what I was talking about. It was always an Indian woman on the phone and she hung up on me after she realized I saw that they were full of **. I canceled the service at the very beginning of July, like July 1st and the man on the phone at the time told me that it has been officially canceled and to keep the modem and router. It has been two months since and I am receiving a call from the Verizon debt collector. Guess what they told me.

The Indian woman on the phone told me that they didn't cancel my service until the end of July (July 30th) so I have to pay for that month. I informed her that the man said it was officially canceled at the beginning of the July and I didn't have to worry about the bill, Because it was canceled right then and there when I called. Now they are saying otherwise and telling me that I have to pay for a month that I did not use their service because they did not cancel it the same day the man said it was canceled. Understand my story and use it as a warning.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

If you are thinking of using Verizon FIOS as your TV, internet and phone provider, you should reconsider. I changed to this provider and have never experienced such poor customer service in any company that even comes close to the awful customer service provided by Verizon FIOS. First, it is impossible to speak to an actual person. It is all computer prompts. If you want to speak to a customer service rep, you should expect delays of 1-2 hours before they will pick up or call you back. If you have more than one issue, you will not be able to speak with a representative regarding one issue while you are in the prompt for the other issue.

I have had numerous problems with my phone lines (3 lines) TV and internet. After waiting for hours to resolve the problem, it may be fixed, but my experience is that it is a temporary fix and then when the problem re-occurs, you go back online and wait another couple of hours before you can expect to try and resolve the problem again. They are by far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

This morning I was going to get Fios internet with 940MB downloading speed. The technician told me at the end, we are getting the proper speed. I run the speed test, it was showing around 500MB download. His explanation is that his speed test is the only one acceptable. I am installing networks for a living, and know how to measure the speed. His ignorance to take care of the speed issue, made me cancel the installation. He removed the equipment and left. Very disappointing!! I perfectly visited 3 hours of my personal time.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

• Best for: Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs