Verizon Fios

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had Verizon Fios for one year, and it was 1 year too long. Don't get me wrong, the quality of cable and internet was good, however customer service was AWFUL. My bill was incorrect for about four months. Every time I called, I was on hold or speaking to a machine, and then once a live person actually answered, I would be on the phone mostly in silence while they "accessed my account" or "spoke to their supervisor" for AT LEAST 30 minutes. I deactivated my account because 1- I moved and they would be charging me $160 to reinstall my services and 2- I couldn't deal with the terrible customer service anymore. I have a credit on my account and was told it would be refunded to my credit card. Three weeks later, I still have not seen that credit. I called someone last week to discuss it and they told me they could do nothing and it may take up to 30 days to see the refund.

I call AGAIN today - 20 minutes later - for the first person I spoke to to tell me she could not find my account. Finally she found it (even though I'm prompted by a robot to type it in already) and told me they could not refund a card, but a check would be mailed to the billing address. Well, as I previously stated, I moved. I asked to change the number, and she said she'd have to connect me to someone else. Hold for another few minutes to speak to someone in the financial department, who asked me the same questions all over again. I asked if the credit card could be refunded - "No a check has to be mailed." Okay, I need to change the address it is mailed to as I moved and no longer live at the billing address they have on file. I had to repeat the address three times. He assured me the check would be mailed. I asked, "When can I expect it?" "UHHHH I would say 2-3 weeks."

I am SO fed up with Verizon and almost want to eat the $30 they owe me, however I feel like I should be paid to deal with them for the past year. I have Optimum now. 3/4 the cost of Verizon for more channels and the same internet, a very small install fee, and no "extra fees" that randomly popped up on my Verizon bills. The set up was on a Sunday and took 2 hours, so I did not have to take off from work and waste 8 hours with an agent- aka what I had to do for Verizon to be installed (please note- Verizon was used by the previous tenant and a box was already there). Also, when I call Optimum, I'm connected to a PERSON who actually helps. I will never recommend any Verizon service nor myself have a Verizon account for anything, ever. They could care less about their customers and only care about the money. I believe they are in for a rude awakening with all the online services becoming available.

I signed up for the $29.99/month Verizon Fios service last year. After about a month my rates increased to $39.99/month and I have yet been unable to resolve this issue. Note, I have been paying an extra $10/month since then because I need to repair my credit and they say there is a charge if I cancel the service which I can't afford to pay. Don't get me wrong. The internet speed is great, but the customer service is lousy. And I can't seem to get a native English speaker. I don't know where to turn to resolve my issue because they keep giving me the run-a-round and tonight when I was speaking with a representative she just hung up. Granted I was becoming belligerent because I was extremely frustrated.

Today, my service went out and the tech was unable to resolve the issue, so a technician is supposed to come on Saturday to fix it. That'll be at least 5 days without internet and I need it for job search and other employment related activities. Not only a major inconvenience, but a serious detriment to my bottom line.

I want to preface this with, the landline phone that I'm speaking of has been in service in my home for over 50 years, long before Verizon took over NJ Bell. I've never had a problem with it and only had a $35 monthly bill. Recently, I received a notice from Verizon that they were performing "network upgrades" to fiber optics in my area and that if I didn't call to schedule the conversion by a certain date they will suspend service. I called to schedule the upgrade and the number was actually to customer service. The woman I spoke with was nice but pushy for a Triple Play package. I really have no need for TV, but she quoted me a price of $101.84 and even though I was hesitant, at the time I felt that was an agreeable amount.

She sent me the confirmation email and what she didn't tell me about was the $80 one-time setup fee, the $22 monthly equipment rental and the $38 in taxes, fees and "other Verizon charges". I called back to cancel and told them just to do the conversion. The rep apologized and said she would make the change. That was October 28th and mysteriously my phone hasn't worked since. I called Verizon and was transferred three times. The CS rep only wanted to sell me the Triple Play again. I had to finally tell her I'm on a fixed income and can't afford it. I told her they would have to prorate the account for the time I've been without service. She then transferred me to the finance department which said they can't prorate the account until they find out when the service stopped, which is bull. The phone has worked reliably for years, through many storms, even Superstorm Sandy. Never had a problem until now.

They then transferred me to the technician rep who said they didn't know why the phone was disconnected and they would have to send a tech to check it out and if the problem is in the house I'll be billed for it. Oh, and by the way, while he's there, he can go ahead and do the upgrade to the Triple Play. I told her, I canceled the Triple Play. She said she didn't see that on the account, but she'd go ahead and take it off and just do the service call. For some reason, I wasn't convinced. I rescheduled the conversion online all the way to mid-December. I got the October bill which I didn't pay and the November bill. Verizon then sent me a suspension notice which is laughable at this point because how can they suspend a service that I don't even have? I mainly was keeping the landline as an emergency backup, but at this point I have no intention of letting anyone from Verizon on my property.

When purchasing Verizon FIOS service, I was specifically interested in seeing more football games - a service along the lines of NFL Ticket. The sales rep said he signed me up for something very similar. It took me about a month to realize there were no additional games available to me. The additional games that popped up were repeats. I cancelled service and refused to pay the early termination fee. I escalated the issue with Verizon when they refused to waive the early termination fee and filed a BBB report. The late fee still ended up on my credit report.

I asked them to listen to the conversation with the sales representative to hear what he misrepresented to me over the phone. Verizon said they did not have access to the recording, as this was a 3rd party sales representative. Verizon will not budge on this issue and has messed up my credit. I will NEVER EVER CHOOSE VERIZON EVER AGAIN!!! What a complete scam and ridiculous headache!

Verizon representatives are rude, careless, and outright dishonest. You can hardly understand a word they are saying, and they cannot operate Verizon equipment - computers. Held on ten minutes the person couldn't get into my account, and he finally hung up on me. The second person could care less. I had a year contract. They never notified, just added a 50.00 increase on my bill. When I asked for an adjustment he offered 8.00 discount. Then I called to find out where to drop off the equipment; no answer - they did not know. Told me to call back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Darvin ** and I attempted to change our Fios plan about 6 month ago since we no longer needed a home phone. But wanted to upgrade to quantum. First they sent me to the center to get the additional equipment but the store didn't have it listed. The clerk called and apparently they schedule to mail it to my home instead. Never got it. So a few weeks later after not getting it, I requested to return to old plan minus phone. During the switch they forgot to keep my multi DVR plan in packet. When I call to rectify it they want to charge me additional... which would be over the original price with phone. Oh, by the way if we just want to discontinue the plan all together it will cost us over $200 since they put us on a new 2 year plan. I'm seriously thinking about paying just to get rid of them.

We have been on the phone with this company for over TWO HOURS to sign up for services. We have been transferred to multiple reps, none who speak English well and talk extremely fast almost on purpose so you miss things they throw in... So after all this time they said their soonest appointment to install is almost two weeks away and there is no way to make it sooner without a request and it still wasn't a defined yes or no! We had to cancel all the services BEFORE they even started because after this horrible unpleasant experience over the phone I KNEW I wasn't going to work with this company let alone give them a dime of my money. Ugh. I cannot even explain in words my disgust with this experience. I would never recommend this. Matter of fact I am going out my way to do this opposite.

Have had Verizon home service for years. Seventy months from what customer service told me. I have a $43 credit on my account. Spent three hours today trying to find out why I have no internet. After being outsourced and disconnected twice. I was told I have no account. After reading my info directly from my statement to the sixth representative I was told. They were sorry for some reason unbeknownst to them my account had been closed in error and I would need to open a new one with a new installation date. I did... with xfinity.

I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years - TV, internet & cell phone. Up until recently I have never had an issue calling Verizon and getting my issues resolved in a timely manner. I tried to contact customer service several times last week to ask for an additional HD DVR. I waited for at least 40 minutes each time and decided to hang up each time because of not having additional time to wait.

This past weekend I thought I would try the online virtual assistant. I tried 2 times with the online virtual assistant with no avail, so I tried to call again. After being on hold for over 40 minutes again, I finally got a customer service rep. I was on the phone with the rep over 1 hour. All I needed was an upgraded HD DVR and even after 1 hour the rep said he was experiencing an error and could not process my request. I am beyond frustrated and do not know what to do to get my issues resolved.

Fios Verizon have the worst services and customer services. They promote false offer, mess up with your orders and won't let you make any changes to your plan even if you are not contracted since it is absolutely impossible to be held to a customer service more than 10 minutes without the conversation being cut off in the middle of the conversation and with nobody calling you back.

I have just spent 2.45 hours on the phone trying to reach out the customer service to remove my tv services and just keep the internet. How surprising it is that the conversation has been cut 5 times in a row right when the sales representative is telling you that the modifications are about to be done?! Not to mention that the sales representative came up with 3 different prices for the same services and the same request from one call to another. Their services are just ridiculous, unprofessional and provide a great waste of time. I am cutting all my services with them and never want to deal with this stupid company again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FIOS VERIZON SERVICES. Their CUSTOMER SERVICES are nonexistent.

Had getting several mailings and emails about a bundle deal... 2 years for 69.95+tax, 100 by 100 internet and 2 movie channels free for the 2 years. Fios installed 2 weeks ago - no movies channels, called Fios. They said that was not part of the deal, after talking with them for 1/2 hour and telling them I just wanted what was promised they said "OK, it will be on your bill, but you will also see a credit for the movie channel."

Received first bill, they were charging me for the "free" movie channel, called again. They said I could have the "free" movie channels for $30 a month... What? It a $25 value. They then said they would give it to me for 1 year... Talked to the manager. She said they had never offered a deal with free movie channels. I said "just take my equipment, I refuse to deal with a company that continues to lie to me." So after just 2 weeks, I said "Good Bye" to Fios... and will never deal with them again. Save yourself to trouble... just stay away from them.

Verizon has an awful web site to get any info from. Verizon just wants you to update to their FiOS and makes DSL very slow. I got two emails from them one yesterday and one today about free download for their in Home Agent. The first email download did not work. Believe or not, one of their chat tech claims my device "is not compatible." I receive the second e-mail a few mins. after that chat rep ended. Guess what? The same story download/install/uninstall. This took several hours of my time. Guess Verizon thinks I don't have a life. Nothing BUT trouble with Verizon since I moved upstate from NYC.

I fell for this. I was with them and then left to go to TWC. The customer service was terrible with TWC so I went back to Verizon. They lied to me about the rates, giving me a good rate of about $130.00 per month for my bundle package, phone, cable and internet. I also got a premium movie channel package. Sounded like a great deal to me. A year later, the bill almost doubled! I was in shock. I had to cancel movie bundle of course which was fifty bucks but bill was still now at about $167.00. I was in a two year contract. I was expecting my bills to stay at the $130.00 for two years. That is what I was promised. Forget the movies. I know that was perk.

However, how dare they raise me almost forty bucks a year later, one year into my contract? They said that other things expired, free set box, customer discount. Ridiculous. I was supposed to have the rate I was promised. They lie. Make sure you take names down, dates, everything promised and make sure you get something guaranteed for the two years. I am going over to Spectrum. They are buying me out of my contract.

I had no choice in signing up for Verizon due to service area - Ive had one terrible experience after another beginning with splotchy TV service to which I cannot get a service representative to fix the issue. On top of all of this: this is the 4th time I've tried to call about the problem and my wait time is currently 1 HOUR and 20 minutes (still counting). The last wait time was 1 HOUR and 45 min. Who has this kind of wasted time? At least with Comcast, someone answered the phone (even if they weren't always the most intelligent). If I could switch services, I would in a heartbeat. If you have a choice - don't let it be Verizon Fios.

I had decided to upgrade my TV package, and began to look at Verizon's site. Imagine my disappointment when I see that Verizon prefers new customers over existing customers. While chatting with a Verizon representative, I was basically told that they won't offer me (a Verizon customer for 12 years!) a package equal to what they will offer a new customer. Or wait... they will match the new customer services - for an additional $30 per month than what they will sell the same package to a new customer for. The TV picture quality is good. The internet is fast. But the customer service...

I have never in my life dealt with such incompetency. I wanted to share a Verizon account with my mom since we now live in the same home. Verizon gave me quote which is exactly what I wanted, however they went ahead and make the changes and sent me equipment, told me I can start using it. I opened the box and it's the wrong equipment. The Rep On the phone told me to return the equipment asap so I can get a tracking number so the RIGHT equipment could be sent out.

I ran to store that night to do it. I got the tracking number and called Verizon and they told me it wasn't necessary. They then processed the right order and told me to pick it up from the store and if I can do it asap I can start using the new equipment. I went and got it. Only to set it up and be told by Verizon it's not effective until later in the month? What sense does that make?!!! The holds times are ridiculous. I used to work jn a call center and it wasn't not this horrendous. I am shocked that this is the kind of customer service Verizon provides. Then I asked to speak to a supervisor and the call disconnects. Something needed to be done about this.

Henry ** - Tech support hung up and transferred me without consent and put me back into the queue because he was too lazy to fix my problem. Then what really gets under my skin is that Verizon cuts out at least 3 times a month, but still want me to pay nearly 200$ a month for services that don't work! I am switching to Optimum!

This huge company doesn't have email to contact them. The live chat is with a computer not a human. I just wasted 45 min trying to make an acct on their forum and it still doesn't work. I called yesterday to set up my Fios remote. I was on a live chat (couldn't find one today) for 45 min with India with someone who wanted to reset my machine. He couldn't figure it out and I Googled and did it myself. Today this same guy from Verizon keeps calling my cell phone (I'm at work) and leaving me messages marked urgent. I can't call back because I am working and I can't get them to stop calling because there is no email or chat available. To feel hatred towards a company rather than a person is likely unhealthy but I can't help myself. Stop calling me! Why mark a remote control issue as urgent phone messages?! Why don't you have email contact? Instead you prefer putting people on hold.

I had FiOS installed, the technician was excellent but the sales people messed up the package I had ordered over the telephone. It took two hours on the phone and several people, some from India to get it partially corrected. It is still not all I ordered and trying to get a real English speaking person to assist that know what they you are talking about is near impossible!!! I do like FiOS but reaching someone over the phone is worse than hell! I plan to call again (5th time) tomorrow morning and spend another 1 to 2 hours trying to get the rest of my message across. Beware of Verizon's telephonic support line, yeah right, call 800-VERIZON is a joke.

They said better quality-lies. They tapped in the cable cords that already were there. And it digitalizes a lot. Internet is said to be better. It's worst. We go upstairs just above the modem and you lose connection. They told me $20.00 more than cable. It's actually $60.00. We had 3 DVR boxes before. Now we have 1 and pay more. They say your record 6 shows at a time, but once they get signed up, then it don't work. You found out it's $11.95 more. Everything is extra fees or charges. Movies around $6.00-$7.00 to rent or $20.00 to buy. And these are movies that are $2.00 everywhere else. Basic channel on all other tv/satellite companies are extra. GSN, DIY. They send me surveys but if I mark 3 or less, suddenly the page won't load, but if I change it to 5 or over it loads fine. Almost like they don't want to hear about bad service. Now I'm stuck for 2 years. I hate this company!

This the worst experience for the second time. They offer low rates to customers and exist customers must pay full price or sign contract! Don't ever get Fios. They cheat you add on excessive charges and customer service the worst! I should be running that because I would try to keep my current clients. They claim you don't pay for phone but you do indirectly. Never get Fios. They want me to wait for hours to fix a problem I did not cause plus termination fee! So you see it's all about money! Hillary you better do something good for this country or this less than a third country who has more scruples!

Stay away from Verizon FiOS. It is an absolute scam and I can't believe that they exist. I was in a Cellular store buying a new cell phone and was approached by a Salesman. The bill would be $20 cheaper per month or so they said, compared to my Optimum Online monthly bill. So we scheduled an installation date and in the meantime they sent me an enormous box filled with installation material and equipment. I was never told this was going to be sent. Two days before the installation appointment, I received a phone call saying that there's a road blockage in my area and that they will not be able to install the equipment or the service indefinitely and that I needed to return my equipment. It sounded rather shady since the rep on the phone couldn't tell me anything and even asked me where the roadblock it was, like I knew!

So I called customer service was put on hold for half an hour while the agent tried to find out information. She came back and verified that yes they were unable to install FiOS in my building at this time. But that I somehow had to return the equipment. I have no car, and I can't afford $50 worth of cabs to return it to the store. They refused to print me a return label so that I could at least have UPS send it back to them. The rep that tried to print the label spent 15 minutes on the phone with me trying to do so, so then I told her to call me back. She calls me back 2 hours later and tells me that she can't print a label after all! What a waste of time! All in all, I spent over 3 to 4 hours on the phone being transferred from Department to Department.

I even spoke with the supervisor who was even less helpful and rude compared to the two reps that at least were trying to help me. She just kept telling me I was on my own with trying to return the equipment. The whole time I was telling them I couldn't return the box and that they needed to send somebody because this was their error for not verifying first that FiOS could be installed. All they cared about was making a sale. Nobody could help me. So I finally called Headquarters, who wrote down my complaint and said that they would send a technician and call me by the end of the day. I never received a call regarding that issue but headquarters called again and said, "Oh we actually can install FiOS in your neighborhood." I didn't believe them and at this point I just wanted the equipment out of my apartment. She was still trying to sell me on FiOS after this horrendous day that I spent on the phone with them!

I was mentally and physically exhausted by the end of the day. I still have not received the phone call as to when the technician will arrive or if he will arrive to pick up this enormous box, and I'm terrified that they're going to charge me over $100 for this equipment. It's the biggest scam I've ever encountered. I cannot believe that they are still allowed to operate in this manner. They basically send you the equipment and then hold you hostage to sign up for FiOS or they threatened to charge you for the equipment. And I've also read that people try to return the equipment and they actually made it to the store with no issue, and FiOS still send them a bill for $100 for the equipment!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for me even though they can't even install it in my building! I have never written a review about anything before but this was the most horrendous experience I ever had. And I wouldn't put it past them to start sending me bills even though there's no installation. I thought what I had was already bad, but anything and I mean anything is better than FiOS.

First call I asked what kind of internet offers and plans they have in my area for the 50/50 speed. I specify that I only want internet service and did not want any plans that would have channels. When finalizing the order I noticed that he was talking faster than before and tried to listen and pay attention since I wanted to make sure I was getting what I asked. What stand out to me was that it is a 50/50 plan and it includes free HBO. I asked a question and he continue to read in a fast pace until he finish and asked if I was ok with the plan (yes or no).

I proceeded to ask the same question why I was getting free HBO. Again I specify I was not interested in that even though it was free. He reply that I could download the Fios app and cancel it. I asked him if he could cancel it or eliminate it from the plan or change it to an internet plan because I did not wanted that. He said no that he could not cancel it or change it. I should be able to in the app. So at I gave in and said ok will do it. Then he schedules my internet for a week from that day. I asked, "Can’t it be sooner since I use the internet for work?" Again I find myself frustrated because customer service is refusing to give me the correct service. But again I thought I will do. I needed it. That week I worked from the office. Time was so limited I was not able to go to the page and change the installation day.

Installation day a week after. Waiting for the technician got curious and installed the app. I wanted to see if I could cancel the free HBO. To my surprise I was not able to cancel it from the app but I was able to look at my billed that was due the next day of installation. Have not use their services have not had it installed and they already scheduled a payment a day after the installation. Anyways I see that they are charging me local broadcast fee. So I decided to call them and asked why.

Second call this time is another person. I asked her why I was being charge the broadcast fee if I just asked for the internet and no local channels. I was aware that HBO was free but that is no local channel. Once she looks into it the previous agent have enrolled me in a plan that will get local channels and internet. (Really I was not that specific that first time) So I explain my previous experience to her and I asked her if she could fix that and make it only an internet plan. She did. Everything went great. Then before I hang up I asked her to confirm what time will the installation be at my house and to make sure it was not cancel. She looked in her system and it did not seem to be cancel but she will be contacting their dispatchers and will call me back.

Agent calls me back to let me know my installation order was cancel and the new day will be another week from that day. Oh that put me through the roof. I told her if that is not fix and the installation is not done that day I will be canceling everything. I have already waited a week. She tells me she needs to look in to it and she will call me back. Second time she calls me back she mentions to me that there is nothing she can do. That is the day to be install and her manager told her if I wanted they could entered a ticket and that would take 3 to 4 day to fix so it will be the same as if I waited for the installation date. So I decided to cancel.

It is very frustrating trying to get a service from a company where they make it hard to acquire their service. OH but they are great at scheduling payments before the installation is done. It is very disappointing since they have a good product. Just because you are one of the top internet providers it is not ok to lack on your process of solving problems for your customers.

I will not recommend Verizon unless you are willing to be on them to make sure they give you the right plan or they charge you the right amount and on top that if you are willing to work with a company that is not considerate of your time and is willing to wait more than 2 weeks to get installed their service and that might be the least amount of time you will be waiting while they schedule a payment without the service being installed. Be my guest. For me I will be looking for another carrier.

Subscribed Verizon Fios service. It was smooth installation no hiccups. Next couple of days router started to lose connection. Called Verizon service to report the issue. Getting to repair is utterly indescribable that first you must go through the automated service which is the worse and then be on hold over an hour and half to connect to real live technician. Same issue over and over again. It default to previous owner that was serviced at same location. Seriously this just not acceptable. I have no service and have been on hold over an hour and 45. Now finally got tired and hung up. DON'T GET VERIZON. Unreliable connection, unreliable customer service.

I have been wasting my 21 hrs of my life for the HSI installation. It was very good when I previously had the service installed but not this time. First, when I called in to inquired the time frame that the technician would come a female customer rep told me, "Oh well, they will come from 8-5." Wtf. She was too lazy to check the time? Then I called back and talked a very nice customer rep, he told me the time frame was 1-5, and they would call 1 hr in advance. Ok, that was better. So I waited 1-5, no one ever called me nor shown up. I called and talked to 2 or 3 customer reps, one of them told me that they were behind their schedule, so if I wanted to wait around, then she let them know that I was waiting for them. I waited till 9 pm and no one showed up.

So I called again, got apologized, and another customer rep told me that they would do in the morning 8-12. And guess what, no one showed up. I called back and complained about the situation. They told me my order would be the last of the day. Wth? What kind of service is that? If you were behind your first day, then it should be in the order for the second day. I'm stuck with the contract otherwise I would go with someone else. Thank you Verizon. After this contract is up, you lose a customer.

I once inquired over the phone about what the rates for Verizon Fios would be in my neighborhood. The sales associate was completely unintelligible and was speaking extremely fast, only punctuating with "Yes or no. Yes or no." Although I only asked for rates, I was still sent equipment weeks later even though at that point I had already signed up for Xfinity internet. I returned the equipment at the store with no issues. Today I received a bill for over 90 dollars, saying that I had been charged for the equipment, and that I had been subscribed to a landline unbeknownst to me. So I was signed up for services after just having given my address, and now I am going to be spending over 100 dollars (after prorated charges for cancellation) for literally nothing. I have used nothing from Verizon, and they are robbing me.

My Verizon FIOS installation time 11 AM to 3 PM on 10/25/16. The Verizon technician called me from tele. 855-898-3244 at 6:12 PM on 10/25/16 and said he will be at my home in one half hour. I asked him how long would the installation take? He replied about 3 hours. I told him to cancel my order. This is the third problem that I have had with Verizon FIOS.

Verizon increased my bill dramatically while I was overseas and then threatened to cut off service at short notice. Their respect for their customers is almost as bad as Comcast. I will change companies asap.

We negotiated a new 2-year bundle 5-18-2016, verbally (never received a paper or email confirmation). We still have the phone message from Verizon on our answering machine. Our price was to remain the same. Every bill since has shown an increase - can NEVER talk to same rep, no one ever returns calls, even called/wrote John **, Executive Director, Customer Relationship Management - nothing - don't think he exists. In addition, we are charged the higher rate every month with a $5 late fee for unpaid balance. Is this Verizon's way of getting customers to resign and subsequently charging higher rates??? We are very dissatisfied with Verizon, service non-existent. We are not sure at this time how to pursue. Buyer BEWARE!

I cannot find any way to eliminate spam emails, even though I continually mark them as "SPAM." Over half of the emails that I get is SPAM! Most email providers will filter out spam emails so that my box is not littered with spam from the same provider everyday. Verizon also continually sends solicitations for movies & premium channel, even though I have used the "Opt Out" link and requested that they stop. They did not! I called Verizon to complain and the customer service rep said, "What's the big deal? You can just delete them."

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.
  • Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.
  • Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.
  • Best for Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Compare Internet Service Providers