3.47/5
Based on 1,950 ratings submitted in the last year

3147 Verizon Fios Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

We love Verizon Fios triple play and would never go back to anything else. Very reliable, reasonable and never had a problem. We rely on the internet for many things personal and business related so it is very important to us.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Pricing is extremely high besides that, and the complications of discontinuing services. Many companies I dealt with in the past, but this company has it hands down! Verizon is the only company who l see myself in dealings with. The best to ever do it. Yay Verizon!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Honestly, the only thing I can complain about is the Tech who installed the thing. And I wouldn't even call it a complaint. He didn't necessarily have the people skills, but he was good at what he did and ended up going above and beyond. The signal is great, the speed is great, and it's all at the price of $55 a month. There are a TON of bad reviews here, and I'd like to urge anyone reading this to consider the fact that 1 out of 10 people who received good service will write a review about it, but you best be sure that 9 out 10 bad experiences will be voiced. I am very pleased with my service and haven't had a single issue in 9 months of having the provider.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Their customer service is not good. You can hardly ever get someone to answer the phone. The waiting time sucks. They call you back sometimes after more than an hour. Once somebody answers they are fine.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am currently happy with what Verizon provides for a basic price, although most of the better-rated shows are on channels I must pay more to receive - not worth it for me! I can entertain myself in other ways - my cable bill is high enough!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. I am very upset with what they did to me on August 16th and 17th. I text chatted with a Verizon employee about why my Verizon bill have a new charge called DVR Services. They told me that I was getting a discount and it has now ended, I said ok and proceeded to tell her that I am a senior and we can hardly afford to pay for the bill now, if there any way to lower the cost. So she told me that I can take this other plan that will take away only 7 channel from the lineup and that is will lower your bill about $20. At first I was cautious and she proceeded to tell me that it was a good deal and we have to make a decision, so I asked again and she assured me that it was only 7 channel, she also said that she can up my internet speed for nothing. So I asked my husband and he said ok let’s do it.

Well, after it was done and I stopped the chat my husband told me that there were over 40 channels missing. I was very upset and I couldn't get back on to chat. So the next morning I got back on and told the next Verizon employee what had happened and he looked over the chat to see what she did to me, so he said that he would change it back. Ok, so I not only get screwed once but twice because in order to go back to the same plan I now have to pay $10 more than before plus the $12 for the new charge on my bill. So I then started to complain a lot. He told me that there is nothing he can do and gave me a phone number to call and they can get my bill back to before.

So I call and now talk to another Verizon employee who proceeded to tell me that they can go back to the other plan because it doesn't exist anymore and I ask them to put the speed back to make it cheaper. He said, “No I am sorry but we don't offer that speed anymore.” So, what do you think did they screw me or what and I am now stuck for 2 year because of the contract fee. I am so beside myself right now. I even asked to talk to a supervisor and she told me the same thing. So, this is a scam what they did to me, all because an employee didn't know her job or they do they scam people all the time. I don't know where to turn to get this fixed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

It was time for my FIOS contract renewal and you will receive choice of Samsung Chromebook or $200. I add the Chromebook to my cart and it did not credit or subtract $200. It is a Scam and I will be leaving to buy STREAM TV and pay #300 to leave the contract. Pissed off. Been a loyal customer for years. To be scammed is awful.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They do not tell the customers the truth. I purchased an internet service on May 29, the equipment came the next day. I had to wait till the 31 for activation and then set the equipment up myself. I could not and called for a tech to come, but that would have taken a month to someone to show up. So, I sent it back on June 7th, called Verizon and was told, "OKAY, your account is closed with us." But I get a bill, call them and was lied to again. Got another bill, lied to again. And then another bill. Called and was told by customer service that line by line, my bill is now zero. I will see it next month. I hate Verizon.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

What a joke! Had a sales rep lie about discounts. When I attempted to follow up on why they were not working every person I spoke to after that left me on wait for long periods of time, and would then repeat back what the other person said. Took no ownership. Basically blamed it on a "miscommunication" by the sales rep.

Failed to respect that both my wife and I are in education... not their problem. But don't worry, if I break the contract they will charge me a disconnection fee. The day the contract is up, they will lose my business!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Took me almost a whole day to get someone to call me back from customer service and once I finally get someone on the phone they tell me they can contact me if there's a problem with my account because they're automated. I am definitely looking for another one. Verizon FiOS has gotten too old. Made it difficult without people.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Another of the largest ISPs, Verizon supports its core mobile phone operations with fiber optic cable Internet. Verizon intends to expand coverage in existing locations, but is not expanding into new regions. Verizon has also sold its FiOS operations in a few states, including Texas, Florida and California.

• Price advantage: Verizon's biggest competitor is Comcast, so it strives to offer lower prices in markets where the two compete directly.

• Fewer restrictions: In many markets, Verizon offers FiOS with no contract, so customers are not locked into their services.

• Super fast ISP: PCMag.com has ranked FiOs as the fastest ISP provider 3 years in a row.

• Best for: Businesses and families interested in new fiber optic technology.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs