1.3/5 (37 ratings)

About Verizon Fios

Verizon Fios is a 100% fiber optic network providing customers with high-speed internet. Fiber optic cables allow data to move at some of the highest upload and download speeds available. Verizon offers fiber optic internet, TV streaming and home phone services as individual services and in bundles. Fios is shorthand for the full title of Fiber Optic Service.

Pros

• Fast upload/ download speeds
  • Can bundle with other Fios products
  • No annual contracts

Cons

• Only available in certain states
  • High installation fee

Bottom Line

Verizon Fios offers some of the fastest internet speeds available. Customers can choose a package that fits their needs and budget. Bundling with TV streaming is available. Verizon Fios is only available in select states.

Verizon Fios Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Fios?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Fios?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Fios recently increased its efforts to control our viewing choice and as such limit the access to real news. They have dropped OAN News while keeping pseudo news sources like CNN, MSNBC, etc. Bye by fios.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I was offered a $250 gift card to sign up for their 100GB service with Fios. I am only receiving a $100 gift card after finding out I cannot even use the card till 2 months into paying for my service. Just a heads up, you cannot use the gift card right away, there is a specific time period you are allowed to use it. I tried contacting customer support but they wanted email proof of confirmation which was never sent to me. Don't believe them when they offer you more money for the more expensive sign up.

Original review: July 13, 2022

FIOS made a error with a code they entered on my account for my discount. Since it was their error they made me reapply. I told the CS rep this is not my fault. The rep said, "It's not your fault, but it is..." How in the entire hell is that my fault!!! I was taken aback when the representative said that to me and I had to clutch my pearls. I said, "NO ma'am, this is NOT my fault!!!" Verizon you need to do better with training your reps. I can get better customer service from Chick-fil-a!!!

Original review: July 13, 2022

I decided to order Verizon Fios. It is good but I only went over because I was told by sales person it was 25.00. Now they billed me 50.00. Tells me I got to do the discount myself. Why do I have to? I am paying you. So end of July I will be cancelling my Verizon Fios and I making a decision cancelling my wireless service too. Going to T Mobile. They have better deals 'cause Verizon can make their customers unhappy like me.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I had Verizon Fios when I was in Philadelphia and to my experience it's not that much as they hype it up to be but when It was time to move on, I had some of the most horrible customer service experience. I canceled my service and left my apartment, I communicated this with an agent for about 2 hours and he told me I owe 0 for the final bill but then 2 months later, I get a call and the agent says I still owe them money. It infuriated me after spending so much time. They had no documentation to go with and to top it off. The agent had no professionalism and etiquette when dealing with customers, I felt like I was repeating myself. They won't side with you even if you go to their supervisor which you will most likely be transferred and will be in a different department. They are not worth my time and money and probably not yours.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Viewed programs continue to skip even after calling in and their "skilled" techs reset your boxes. Works for a few days then starts all over again. Reason we went with this was inability to hardwire TVs without wires traversing around fireplace and other devices. I would not recommend this system to anyone unless it's improved!

Original review: July 6, 2022

We subscribed to the Gigabit 2.0 service a few months ago and the speeds were supposed to be close to 1000 mbps on download/uploads. Initially we saw speeds that were close to 700 MBPS. However in the last months the speeds are 114 / 500 MBPS for download/Upload. Much lower than expected. This is causing issues with viewing streaming services like Netflix, Youtube Studio...We have contacted Verizon technical support several times and they are unable to fix the issue. We have a technician scheduled to visit 7/7/2022 and will see if they are able to diagnose the issue. A bit frustrating as we have spent a lot of time on online chat with no resolution.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Tried cancelling multiple times. The online staff has no idea what they are doing. total time between phone call and online chats = over 4 hours, and it took them 7 months to stop charging me. Joke of a company, no hierarchy or communication between different departments. Just constantly transferred between different departments to repeat myself, and always ending with no refund. There is absolutely no way I will ever use Verizon again.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Please read this account of the avalanche of foul-ups, disruption and aggravation Verizon put me through. And consider how Verizon essentially blew me off. Do you really want to sign up with a company that does business like this? BRIEF SUMMARY: THE WORST: Verizon committed the cardinal sin of WRONGLY DISCONNECTING my DSL and landline service. I most certainly DID NOT request the termination of my service. A Verizon customer service rep did so either accidentally or intentionally. I was without service for three days.

While that was bad enough, it set off a cascade of additional FOUL-UPS and SHODDY WORK by Verizon that left me unable to perform my freelance job, cost me income & time, and caused me days of aggravation. Among other things, a Verizon rep also mistakenly DISCONNECTED my XFINITY CABLE service, leaving me without TV for a day and a half, which I need for work. It took three visits by Verizon techs to fix what previous visits got wrong. This caused me great inconvenience and disruption. I had to reschedule multiple appointments because I had to be home when the techs arrived.

I spent HOURS on the phone trying to resolve these problems and was regularly met with substandard customer service – including being repeatedly transferred from one Version department to another because the reps were ill-informed. Further, despite being assured that Verizon reps or supervisors would call me back on one matter or another, NONE ever did. Verizon’s response: “We don’t compensate for inconvenience.” And a Verizon corporate executive, after recounting her own problem with a cable company, summed it all up by saying, “That’s life.”

CHRONOLOGY OF THIS MISERABLE EXPERIENCE: April 15, 2022 – I called Verizon to simply update my auto pay information. I had changed banks and needed to change my checking routing and account number. I spoke to rep “Jerome.” Had a pleasant conversation, though he pushed hard to persuade me to sign up for Verizon cable. I listened to his pitch, told him it sounded good but wasn’t ready to make any changes. I asked if there was a way to contact him if I did decide to change cable from Xfinity so he could get credit. He said no. He proceeded to pitch me again. And when I said no, his tone changed. All of this can be confirmed by listening to the recorded call.

April 19 – As I tried to log on to work from home at 3 a.m. (I am a freelance news editor), I discovered my Internet was not working. I called Verizon and they scheduled a tech for April 20. (The Version rep I spoke to said NOTHING about my service being disconnected. WHY? Wasn’t that info available for the rep to see?) April 20 – The Verizon tech showed up and discovered my service had been disconnected by Verizon. The tech was decidedly annoyed that he had been needlessly dispatched to my home since there was nothing for him to fix. April 21 – I called Verizon to report this and was bounced around from department to department. I also suspected fraud in disconnecting my service. I requested an investigation into why my service was shut off. Rep AJ said it would be looked into. She said the disconnect order had been placed on April 15. AJ said she would get back to me on April 28. (She never did)

April 21 – I recalled that I had called Verizon on April 15 to update my autopay information. I suspected Verizon rep “Jerome” had either mistakenly put in an erroneous disconnect order or did so in anger because I wouldn’t sign on to Verizon cable. April 21 – Called Verizon to give this information to AJ, who was not working that day. Spoke to supervisor Ms. ** in “verification” and gave her the info and asked her to ask AJ to call me. AJ never did.

April 21 – Verizon informed me that my previous service could not be restored because Verizon was no longer supporting DSL. I would have to get FIOS. I expressed my strong disapproval. My DSL was functioning beautifully and my service was fine I had no interest in FIOS. I said I wanted to be restored to what Verizon had WRONGLY removed me from. And I said I wanted my service restored IMMEDIATELY so I could work at my job. Verizon rep said that was impossible. The Verizon rep said I would not be charged the $99.99 installation fee. That was hardly a significant concession. I was FORCED to switch to FIOS – or leave Verizon, which at this point I could not do because of my need to have uninterrupted access to high-speed Internet and my extremely overburdened life. OF COURSE Verizon should not charge me for the FIOS installation fee, since I had no choice.

April 22 – Verizon tech Robert came to hook up FIOS. But, due to a misunderstanding, he used the wire for my Infinity cable to connect to FIOS. That meant I had NO TV SERVICE, which I rely on to do my work. The misunderstanding came when I told the tech I had Verizon landline, DSL and cell. He asked if I had cable. I said no because, in context, I interpreted his question to be whether I had Verizon cable, which I don’t. But he interpreted my answer as saying I had no cable at all. Would’ve been far better if he had been specific instead of making the erroneous assumption that he did. Regardless, I was left without cable or TV, which I needed for my work.

April 22 – That tech, Robert, also screwed up when he set up an online account for me. When I tried to go online on April 25 to sign up for auto pay, the username & password he set up did not work. So I had to call Verizon to straighten out another mistake by Verizon. Verizon customer service rep Nitu ultimately fixed my access. More needless time and effort spent by me due to Verizon’s mistakes

April 22 – Same tech, THIRD mistake. Robert hooked up FIOS by plugging in to an outlet that is controlled by a light switch. When I turned off the light that night, the FIOS equipment made noises and shut off. More noise from router when I turned the light on. Clearly, this was the wrong place to connect the router, etc., and no doubt would have harmed the router.

April 24 -- When I called Verizon customer service to complain, rep Naveen actually said this: “Why didn’t you tell the tech about the light switch?” I am the customer. I have NO KNOWLEDGE about electric matters, nor should I. It is the TECH’S role to know how to do HIS JOB. But this rep actually tried to put the onus on the CUSTOMER?

April 24 – When tech Robert installed the router and other wires, he left the cables & wires in a tangled heap. (I have a photo which I will provide.) The router’s cable was short and Robert did not come prepared with longer cables & wires. Instead of going back to his truck to get the proper equipment, he just jerry-rigged the set up, including connecting to the outlet controlled by a light switch – which was clearly visible. April 25 – Tech D’Angelo re-installed the router, etc., with longer wires and checked to make sure everything was working properly. FINALLY, it was.

May 11 – I called Verizon to register my detailed complaint and to request a response from Verizon. I was connected to Matt, a supervisor in billing. I asked to whom I could send this long chronology and request for Verizon to address what it has caused. Matt told me there was no way to email my complaint. He also said that Verizon didn’t have anyone who could address complaints such as mine. I was surprised. So I then advised him that I have the name and email address of Verizon’s senior vice president for customer relations and offered to provide it to him. He did not reply. He asked me what I want.

I said I want Verizon to tangibly acknowledge that its actions in this episode are unacceptable and that the company will demonstrate it believes in making up for its errors by providing compensation to those customers who have suffered financial hits due to Verizon’s mistakes. I said it is common practice for companies with integrity to do just that. Matt asked me how I know that. Apparently, he is not well-informed about the consumer practices of the best companies. I asked for three months of credit for my services. He told me the most Verizon would grant me is $50. I asked him what he would think if my experience with Verizon had happened to him. His reply was extraordinary: He said he would re-evaluate his choice of companies. While likely an honest reply, it served to effectively let me know Verizon would be fine with me going to a new company. I suggest you review the recording of the conversation.

May 19 – Nancy **, Verizon Senior Vice President, Consumer Sales & Service, called to reply to the email I sent recounting my experience. She, of course, “apologized” and offered me a $50 credit and said Verizon does not compensate for “inconvenience” (Understandable, since the company would go bankrupt if it did.” She recounted her own bad experience with a cable company and, essentially, equated it to my experience, and shrugged it all off as just “life.”

IN CONCLUSION: For the record, I have found NO IMPROVEMENT in speed or anything else w/ FIOS. Days upon days of disruption, aggravation, lost income. With no benefit as a result. That’s the bottom line of this miserable episode. All I have received is a symphony of Verizon’s “apologies.” If my life were not unduly complicated at the present time, please know I would abandon Verizon ASAP and sign up with another company now. But I am stuck until I can.

Original review: May 23, 2022

They don't even deserve 1 star! I placed my order online for internet prior to our move. I was asked what date I would like the INSTALLATION. I selected 5/21. Moved on 5/20. No technician showed up to install. My daughter from NY just went through this with them and had to tell me they don't send anyone - they ship your equipment. Chatted with them online only to be told I needed to contact UPS, to which they finally provided a tracking number.

UPS Tracking showed it was delivered to the front door 3 days before we moved in. Called customer service and was told I need to file a police report and they are charging me for both routers if they send a new one. I told him to forget it and cancel my order and service (of which they turned on on the 18th also, 3 days prior to us moving in!). He gave me a hard time about cancelling and finally cancelled but said they were going to charge me for both routers plus a month of service. THEY ARE THE WORST CUSTOMER SVC EVER!! I was considering switching all cell phones from AT&T to them as well after being a loyal AT&T customer for 4 decades. I WILL NEVER USE VERIZON for anything.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Hi. I bought and paid for Verizon Small Business Essentials domain and business email on Thursday May 19, 2022. I used the business email to send a few emails inviting people to a meeting I was hosting, a free event I was paying for fully from my own pocket. After a few hours, I was blocked from my business email, unable to receive confirmations of attendance of our meeting despite spending my time and money on organizing the event. This completely disrupted my meeting.

So basically, Verizon Small Business Essentials took money from me and shut down the service I had just paid for within a few hours without any proper explanation or refund. I used the service exactly as intended, that is, to send emails. So violation of terms should not be an issue. I called at my own cost the Verizon international help telephone number on Saturday May 28, 2022 and on Monday May 23, 2022 but after a long time with their customer representatives, they still could not resolve the problem. If Verizon is interested in resolving the problem, the Case reference number they gave me is: **.

Regards,

Tony.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Verizon has the worst service I’ve ever experienced! Overpriced; frequent outages; long down times; and when you try to call to check on or report outages, you’ll be on hold for an average of 30 minutes. Due to my location, I have no other choice for an ISP, but I have to have service due to my job.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Verizon Fios just removed ANOTHER 3 of the channels from our Extreme HD package that we pay over $220 for every month. They've done this many times over the last few years, but they never replace the channels with something else, nor do they lower the monthly bill even though we're getting fewer channels. I finally got fed up and contacted them, pointing out I'd been a Verizon customer for more than 40 years, a Fios TV customer for almost 15 years, and all I was getting was less service and fewer channels, but continuing to pay the same amount every month. Their excuse was that sometimes they have to remove channels in order to keep costs down. They give all kinds of incentives and little goodies to get new customers, but they screw over their older, loyal customers.

I guess Verizon has to save where they can so they can keep paying the the CEO his $19 MILLION a year in salary, compensation, and bonuses (according to 1salary.com for the year 2020). I'd love to be able to dump Verizon, but unfortunately there are only two alternatives to Fios in our area and they are every bit as horrible as Verizon. I would NEVER recommend Verizon Fios or anything else connected with Verizon to anyone because all you're going to get is less and less service at the same price.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I quit Optimum Internet and went back to Verizon for my home wifi. The reason was very simple, they offered a much better price ($ 75 vs. $125), and the service is a workhorse, it just works. Five years ago, Verizon had the same bait and switch pricing model as Verizon. They'd offer a low price, with escalating clauses after a couple of years. Thankfully they've ditched that.

Verizon also offered an inducement (they paid for a year of Amazon Prime), which they actually paid. Optimum offered a $100 gift card, which they never sent, and when I called to ask for it, they sent me to a couple of different numbers, all for no result. More vendors should offer clear pricing and good product, not gift cards and other marketing gimmicks. Who wants to spend time dealing with home wifi? No one. Everyone wants good service with a reasonable and transparent price, and good service when there's a problem.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon Fios for many years. Their products - internet, TV and Digital Phone, are excellent. I would rate product quality at 5 stars, but my recent experience with their customer service leaves much to be desired. And this rating is based on this experience. I have recently tried to upgrade my internet service from 100 Mbps to a gigabit, with no change for my TV (Extreme) and Digital Phone. I tried to upgrade online.

There is an offer at Verizon.com to upgrade to a gigabit with what they state is an increase from my current plan at $33 a month. But when I arrive at the final screen before committing to the change, the increase is ends up being $45 a month. The $12 difference is in the equipment costs. The charge on my current plan (for 4 set top boxes) is $48 minus a $12 discount. The new pricing online does not include the $12 discount. So I have tried to utilize the online chat option and they always try selling me an upgrade to my TV service along with the upgrade to the internet speed (for commission probably).

I make it perfectly clear upfront that the only upgrade that I want is with the internet and that I want Verizon to stick with their promise of a $33 monthly increase for the upgrade. When they finally get around to pricing the internet upgrade without the tv upgrade the increase usually comes to around $50 a month rather than the $33 as indicated online (the plan they originally push including the upgrade to the Most Fios TV is around an additional $60 a month.) All I want them to do is adjust the online offer to include the $12 discount on the equipment. They won't do it. My experience has been very frustrating and I guess I will just continue to make do with the 100/100 speeds I'm currently experiencing. Shame on Verizon for not honoring the $33 a month price increase as stated online.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I got Verizon fios tv and internet Oct 2021. From the beginning I had trouble with the service. One of the 2 tvs would get tv about 1 hour and 45 mimutes then stop working. Then go back on about 20 minutes later. Then the same thing happened again and again until I finally gave up on verizon. $ 226.00 a month for terrible service. So what I did was cancel the tv service March 2022 and keep the internet wi fi only. Much to my surprise I get 200 tv channels free on my Lg tv. Now I pay $ 72.00 a month. Not too bad for a customer dumb enough to pay top dollar for bad tv and wifi service. 3 times a verizon repair person went to my house and didn't fix anything. Blaming the companies cable boxes and router for the stopping service. A software problem is what is what I was told.

Original review: March 14, 2022

The sales rep lied about the offer. The sales rep then "ghosted" me. Fios customer service ignored me. They tried to strong-arm me by cancelling my phone service. By phone and online I was ignored. 7 days later as of now, they have not responded. What happened to this company!

Original review: March 5, 2022

Verizon is lying! I had less wifi speed then wanted better then moved up to 1 gig. It worked perfectly for about one year and all of a sudden I get this buffering issue. I honestly think they are intentionally doing something to block the signal to find a way to sell their Wifi booster for $10.00 per month. I called Verizon for service twice they came out and offered me a Wifi booster twice. I think it’s a money game. Both times they came out the Wifi signal was strong so what’s the problem? My TV is still buffering! I believe It’s a money game!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I wanted to sign up for FIOS. We are in New York and our building is ready for it. I called Verizon and they asked me for much of my personal information including my Social Security number. (My credit rating is 785) After about 20 minutes I was told I needed to talk to another representative. It took another 20 minutes and at least 4 more times for me to tell them my information including my SS number several more times. I was then told I needed to send them a copy of my US passport or other ID before they could send technician. (Was that because I have an accent?) I am a doctor and this was likely the most intrusive and insulting process I had to go through ever, just to get FIOS. I am happily staying with Spectrum who are much more considerate and have a better price.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I tried several times to get a new deal with FiOS for internet and TV on November 13th 2021 my equipment was returned and I am owed $79. I called. They said in the next billing cycle I would get a gift card rather than the money that they took out of my account. However it is now January 22nd 2022 and I still have not received my $79. I have however received multiple offers for new service from them. Oh, it's impossible to reach them on the telephone.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

On 1/10/2022 my Verizon FIOS Internet service stopped working. The cause of this outage and a subsequent outage were Verizon's fault. I know this because at the conclusion of both service calls I asked the Verizon technicians to describe the problem and the resolution. The first outage was caused at a Verizon fiber wiring cabinet when a Verizon employee unplugged my fiber connection, and then plugged it into the wrong socket. This error left us without Internet connectivity for 4 days. The second outage happened 2 days later, and was also caused when a Verizon employee pinched or damaged my fiber cable when working in another Verizon fiber wiring cabinet. This error left us without Internet connectivity for another 3.5 days.

On 1/10/2022, the day of the outage, we received a link to a Verizon website for the purpose of troubleshooting the Verizon equipment in our home. These diagnostics concluded that an on-site visit by Verizon was required and sent us to a Verizon web page to schedule the service call. The earliest Verizon permitted us to schedule was on Thursday, 1/13/2022, 3 days from the date of the outage. We accepted that date and agreed to the appointment.

Between Monday and Thursday I made repeated posts to Verizon's support address on Twitter expressing our dyer need to have our Internet connection restored. But all of our pleas were ignored. When Thursday finally came, Verizon never showed up. When we contacted Verizon regarding our appointment, we were told that Verizon had no record of our appointment, even though we used Verizon's own resource to book that appointment. Verizon agreed to a new appointment for Friday, 1/14/2022. Our Internet connection was restored on Friday afternoon.

Two days later, Sunday, at around 10:00 AM, our Verizon FIOS Internet failed again. We contacted Verizon a second time. The best that Verizon claimed to be able to do was to schedule a new service call for Wednesday, 1/19/2022, 3 days from the second failure. On 1/19/2022 Verizon missed the appointment, showing up an hour late. Our Internet connection was restored about an hour after the Verizon technician arrived. In both cases it was Verizon themselves that caused the outage.

I have been a Systems Administrator for over 40 years. I hold several technical certifications including several computer networking certifications, which give me some insights into how a Fiber network functions, which makes it easy for me to communicate with the Verizon technicians. But I believe the most relevant certification I hold is the ITIL Foundation certification, which describes best practices for administering change, and is widely practiced by most technology and communications companies.

This is relevant as Verizon violated several ITIL disciplines, and in doing so, caused unnecessary financial hardship, mental anguish, and the inability to fulfill the responsibilities of my employment, while working remotely as required. Specifically, Verizon did not inform me, of its plans to perform maintenance on any equipment related to my Verizon FIOS Internet service. Verizon failed to provide;

* Intention to conduct maintenance/repairs
* Description of systems/devices to be maintained/repaired
* Date and start time for maintenance/repairs
* Expected duration of maintenance/repairs

* What customers should expect during the maintenance/repair duration Phone number/numbers to call for information relevant to the maintenance/repairs

Because of Verizon's repeated failures; We experienced 2 sudden Verizon FIOS Internet failures with no opportunity to prepare for the outage or institute other measures to maintain Internet access which caused; Work related issues including;

* Inability to monitor critical computers & networks and respond to problems
* Inability to meet with coworkers and clients
* Inability to process or submit customer proposals
* Inability to perform off-site backups of critical data

* Inability to send artwork to galleries and customers

Personal, Family & Home issues including;

* Inability to perform online banking and execute securities trading Inability to participate in remote learning
* Inability to submit grocery orders or schedule delivery services
* Inability to share time with family online

* Inability to activate/monitor home security devices

All of the above happened due to Verizon's repeated failures, and were made worse every day the outage continued because of Verizon's choice not to escalate the repair of the equipment that they, themselves, damaged. Verizon's products and the technology behind them are unquestionably first rate, but worth and value to the consumer are only important when it all works. My review describes how horrible things can get when Verizon itself fails.

Like many people, the past two years have meant having to adjust to countless pandemic restrictions. We work from home, shop from home, conduct medical appointments remotely. We bank from home, invest from home, perform various financial management tasks from home. We have Zoom calls with family, wondering when, or if, we’ll ever hold them in our arms again. All around the world, access to the Internet has become as necessary as electricity, water, food and heat. Verizon caused our outage, and left us to twist in the wind for 8 days.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

2.5 hours of my phone line, my time and my patience is not what I call customer service. Today I remained on the line in hope of speaking to someone, SOMEWHERE. I have started the process before but was not able to devote so much time to my problem so I hung up. I am not calling for service because I am an imbecile. I need help to correct a problem. No one cared how computer literate I am when signing me up. I want to speak to a technician. I want that person to lead me through prompts to fix my problem OR I want a rep to come to my home. I live in a city so I am sure they have qualified personnel nearby. I am now at 3 hours on a phone line listening to music that is not my taste. NO one has interrupted the wait to say I am still in the queue. But day I hang up and begin again? The computer in charge is smarter than your average computer; so will likely not report this experience. SO SAD!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I had signed up for Fios, but I have no Fios for my business, but regular copper wire service. The past years with multiple landline repairs, very slow internet speed. So after the 1st 2 years, I had requested to be removed from another 2 years contract, but to pay month by month. I don't want bondage, I am for liberty. When my wife was doing tax for my business and had found my phone bills gone up and called Verizon. She found that I was enrolled back into 2 years contract without my authorization. I was very unhappy and I didn't need a disrespectful "customer service" giving negative vibes and attitude. Sympathy is missing, but instead I got apathy and option of either cancelation with a near $800 fee or continue. The attitude of take it or leave it with a penalty fee.

I had signed out of 2 year contract not to be enrolled back without my approval. She said I had notifications, and it is too late to back out? Why enrolled people without them asking for it? What kind of sneaky business practice is this? Refusing have a manager to work out something like to get me my old rate without putting me into a 2 year contract, but month by month as an option without forcing me into a contract or penalize me with a cancelation fee. What evil Satanic business tactic practice. Disgusting. I am looking to get rid of this company. Disgusting!!! Disgusting customer service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I was charged $120 for wifi after cancelling my service two days into the next billing cycle which started Nov 8th. I cancelled Nov 10th & was never told that I would be charged for the whole month. I tried to call to resolve it & spoke with a manager but they didn’t care about me being a customer with them for over 10 years. I will never be a Verizon customer again. #TheftofServices

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

So basically I scheduled for a move, they cut off my service before the move date which was not disclosed. Tried to call and get it back on, nothing they could do Because it was a Sunday. Come Monday, 2.5 hrs on the phone just to get internet, phone and 1 box working. Needed to schedule a call back for later. They called back, and the guy I spoke with that morning, our notes in my file for the next person.

Well next person was an idiot and wanted to argue with me about everything, I already have my equipment. She said I needed to go pick stuff up. No. I don’t. I have everything. All you have to do is reconnect everything. Which then leads me to have to open up a whole new account causing me to have to spend more money because they messed up on the dates. Their service and communication between each other and notes supposedly put in a client's file clearly doesn’t happen, Verizon is the worst most frustrating service to deal with. Not to mention the cost and hidden fees. Absolutely absurd. I’ll be switching my service to anyone else besides them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I was a loyal customer with Verizon FiOS. Internet always paid on time until I canceled my service due to moving. And the guy told me, "No problem. You will be all set. Won't get any other charges", but what he failed to mention is that I WAS going to be charged for the last bill even though I canceled my account 4 weeks in advance!! I called to resolve this issue and they don't care they won't do anything won't even give you any credit they just want your money!! I will never ever deal with them!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

** Fios prematurely disconnected my service, charged early disconnection fees to my personal bank account, then charged EXPENSIVE FEES for nonreturn of their equipment all while my bank account goes into overdraft multiple times. I call and then get accused of violating my contract. I ask why. They hang up in my face. I call back, ask to speak with a manager, no one is available and have to put in for a 24hr callback. Weeks later no one calls back. I waste another afternoon and get called a "racist" and a "bigot" for taking an attitude with this garbage company!! 3 months later I still cannot get any information on how to return their equipment that I never wanted. I call back again for hope, and get an employee who puts me on hold for over an hour to speak with a manager. NEVER AGAIN WILL I CHOOSE Verizon FOR ANYTHING!!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I have been dealing with Verizon for about a month now after moving into my new apartment, and since then I have received the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever encountered in my life.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

My bitcoin account got hacked and the ip address ** from New York Queens is that one who did the hacking, I contact Verizon the ISP that the ip address is coming from to complain about this user using the internet service to hack accounts. Verizon has not replied back to none of my messages, I have also called and the support keeps telling me I need to call this department. Something needs to be down to these people who are using your internet to hack accounts

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I was paying high for the Verizon FIOS internet service so I decided to move. They have been charging me for the device for the past 7 years and giving very less speed, but was paying more compared to my neighbors. Their site or app won't work most of the times when we try to update our information. So I decided to close their service. I moved to a different service provider and then called Verizon to cancel my service. They are charging me for an additional month, since their efforts to retain did not work. Such a cheap company that offers a very bad customer service and swindling customers by making false claims. Their service or website/app doesn't work many times which makes us frustrated, when you have decided to move out. I feel like they are deliberately doing this to charge the customers more.

Verizon Fios Company Information