3.50/5
Based on 1,628 ratings submitted in the last year

3086 Verizon Fios Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have been a loyal customer for 30 years, yet when I needed service, they made me wait and charged me $99 for a technician to resolve something that should be included in the high cost of their services. I'm tired of paying so much for something I could get for much less elsewhere. I'm leaving Verizon and will not be looking back.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I ordered Fios internet for home. Cancelled my service within 14 days. Was harassed because I had a final bill of $161.95. $99 installation fee that was suppose to be waived and a full month's bill, and had service for 7 days. They are liars and different people tell you different things as to why this occurred. I was told if I had service for 1 day or 30 I still had to pay for full month of service. This cant be legal.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I've been a Verizon customer for almost 20 years. Over the years my bill has gotten worst and worst. One representative told me how he will help and that they have a better deal for me. Everything was discussed and settled. Not realizing they had added extra stuff on my bill. For over a year they have been charging me $10 extra a month for their technical support which I had no idea and have never used. I called their customer service to have the matter resolved and was blatantly told off by Crage. When I ask him to speak to a manager he started to argue with me. I had to beg to speak to a manager. After he place me on hold for almost 25 minutes someone else came on the phone with the same if not worst attitude which I don't think was a manager. I ask her if she was a manager and she refused to say.

After getting nowhere with them she told me nothing she can do except take it off but there will be no reimbursement whatsoever. After hanging up on me I called and reported my encounter with another Verizon rep. I have to say their customer service had gotten so bad over the years. They place hidden charges on your bill without your knowledge. And then try to justify the lie by saying it's your fault literally. I am looking into getting rid of them once and for all.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I would recommend going WiFi-less before purchasing a single product from Verizon. I switched over from COX to Verizon this past month because of what I thought was a "good deal". In essence, every step of the way from purchasing, shipment of equipment, setting up equipment, talking to over 15 Verizon customer support agents that made bold face lies, every single step of the way with Verizon has been comically horrible. First I was told my WiFi would be set up March 1st, and not only did the equipment not arrive but no one showed up. Next they told me the next available person that would be able to help would be 3 days later. The arrival window was 12-3; he arrived at 5.

The equipment STILL, a month later, has not arrived so I used my friends old modem (what a joke right?). Next the actual WiFi isn't great; it doesn't reach my whole house like it was promised. And now the best part... I'm being charged 3 TIMES of what I was promised. They're charging me an install fee even though 4 AGENTS told me the fee was going to be waived because of the horrible service I've received... Still waiting on that one Verizon. Oh and top it off they're charging me for the rental of the modem even though it. still. has. not. arrived. What a joke right? I will now go out of my way to make sure no friends or family members of mine will ever use Verizon again.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Verizon Fios has ZERO customer service. Three months in, I made a BIG mistake choosing them over Comcast. I have had problems since day one, starting the first week of January. This is day two WITHOUT TV. I started reaching out to Verizon at 9:00 am this morning: Calls go nowhere. You get a pin and you hear music, but never get to talk to anyone. I hung up after 25 minutes. Chat was inactive too, got through after half an hour, was given a pin... Again, one hour and half later, Mohammed just left the chat with no warning. Calls to Verizon executive relations -Brian- are NOT returned. They are currently charging me for TV I do not have. They should not be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 26, 2019

For the past year after I signed a new contract. I began to see that some things weren't right. My phone lines were tapped, calls intercepted, Verizon truck always parked near my house with a creepy guy hiding inside and there was always a Verizon truck following behind me. This year after making continuous complaints to Verizon and elected officials I purchased a camera. Then my internet began to be shut off to stop my camera from recording. My internet also so that I couldn't log on into my account or any internet site for that matter.

Saw Verizon going to different neighbors houses after I reported that a private investigator that lives on the block who was hired by someone to spy on me. Also he was given access to my devices along with some other neighbors. Verizon stayed for many hours, installing a way for them to have access to my services all illegally. Now for me reporting they continue to harass, stalk, and tamper with my privacy and allow others to do so all illegally. Verizon put on a $55 interruption charge on my bill that they caused by continuously turning off my camera, and wifi. I reported a box not working going on three weeks now. They said that they would send me another box. But when asked about the credit and charges they told me that billing would handle that.

Original review: March 21, 2019

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I switched from Xfinity Comcast to Fios in order to get better speeds. The price was 39.99 for the basic plan, which I purchased. I signed up for the plan when they were having a promotion for 50% off installation and a $50 Amazon gift card. I later found that my apartment already had the Verizon equipment required so installation was not required. I put in a claim to have the $50 installation removed and it just sat there. Then the next month they turn on the initial sign-up deal and charge my account the full $100, when nothing had to be installed.

I have been going back and forth with Verizon for over a month now in order to cancel and get my money back. However, they keep saying they will issue a refund and end up somehow not doing it. They did offer me a credit of the $100 in my account, but that basically locks me into two and a half months with them. It is clear that customer service does not know what is going on and lie to customer in order to lock them into staying and paying more money than agreed upon. It is a terrible company and I literally can't cancel my internet without losing all of my money that they took. Also, I paid for 100mbs and only get 60-70 with a wired connection. They said that it would be $100 to fix the speed issue... Which is their issue. In addition to this, I have still not received my Amazon gift card:) Please stay away from this company. It is a nightmare!

Original review: March 20, 2019

A few issues, it's been 90 days now of trying to get my promotional gift card and I have filed several BBB complaints. Spoken with countless people (I call twice a week starting January 2019). I have now reach out to several news outlets to get this to the public. The constant "We will reissue in 72 hours" and never do is so old that I am collecting people on Twitter to go for a lawsuit.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Hands down the best internet service you can buy. The speeds are solid and always as advertised. The only issue is dealing with customer service or getting a deal for being a long time customer. No company is perfect but compared to the other options Verizon has the least flaws.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I had FiOS for a year and needed to move so had to cancel service earlier than the 2 years agreement. I was moving out a week after my billing cycle ends and wanted to know if I have to pay the full month or just the week the service was still active and rep. Told me I only pay the days the service is still active. So I called the day I was moving out and rep. now tells me I have to pay the full month and the early termination fee. If I knew that was the case I would've canceled at the end of my previous billing cycle.

We went back and forth and the rep told me there's no record of that conversation that I will be bill for just the week the service is still active. I didn't want to argue anymore so I just gave up and was going to pay the month and the early termination fee. But a few days later I received a call from Verizon Fios asking me if I will let them close my account before my month is over and I said no because they were the one that made me paid for the full month. The new tenant moving into the apartment want to start fios and in order for them to open an account my service have to be closed so they offered to waive the early termination fee if I let them close my account before my month that I paid for was over and I told them fine as long as they waive the early termination fee.

A month later I receive the bill for the early termination fee and at this point I am very annoyed and upset at their terrible customer service so I just ignored their bill. Now 2 years later I decided to give them a chance but after calling and speaking to 3 reps. (including a manager name Susan from the Massachusetts office) telling me there's nothing they can do to waive the balance and until I pay for it I cannot start a new service.

Susan was very rude. Basically telling me it's my fault that I didn't call than sooner to try to resolve the bill. I can't believe she didn't even consider the fact that the whole situation was ridiculous and told me that I have to pay for the bill because it is my responsibility. I told her I will not pay for something that I clearly is not responsible for and will not be using their service anymore. I can't believe how horrible their customer service is and how they just don't document any problem that they make to their customers. They even sent my bill to collection. I wish I can give them negative stars. So not use them if you don't want any headaches and don't believe anything they tell you unless it's in writing because they will just say there's no record of it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently called Verizon customer service with a simple question regarding a promotional gift card that was attached to my account and how to go about using this gift card amount toward future services. After waiting on the line for a lengthy period of time, I experienced the worst customer service I have ever received, so much so that this is officially the first negative review I have ever left online about any company.

Not only did Miss ** speak to me in a condescending manner, she provided me with incorrect information about my account, refused to look into any further details I provided that might remedy the situation and allow us to get on the same page, and seem exasperated that she had to "repeat herself to me several times". I have been a long time customer of Verizon and am so dissatisfied with this experience that I am considering switching my cell phone, home phone, and internet provider. I believe Verizon should re-educate this particular employee on manners and general customer service, as I was appalled about how I was treated and spoken to.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Awful service, customer service are never on the same page. I changed something on my account and was told my bill would reflect it soon but when that never happened I called back and was told to overpay my account and then I would get the credit on my next bill. Awful, and then they gave me a hard time to cancel my service altogether.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Updated on 03/14/2019: This is from my rant last night. I just spoke to Verizon, surprise, my package from the book that was left by the technician is outdated and incorrect. SHOCKER. You would think there would be some sort of consideration or compensation but no - just, "I'm sorry. I will send you the current line up." The next breath she offers to upgrade my package, mind you I've had this for 5 days now, Hmmm an upgrade and upgrade in money to which I nicely informed the representative I'm trying to watch TV. Not purchase a vehicle. I'm stuck and outraged, PLEASE if you read this take this seriously, this is not what you want to choose. I have had the worst experience and am paying way too much money for what I'm not getting. I cannot believe from what I've read on this page and what I've experienced that this company is able to get away with doing this to people. Consumers please be cautious and avoid the hassle. Rant over. #stuckfor2years

Original review: My install was this past Saturday 10 hours no TV service my Mother is retired and not in great health so TV is a big deal for her. She informs me her channels aren't showing, 3 of them, what I didn't know is customer service has Banker hours you are supposed to pay a lot of money for self service and try to fix yourself or schedule a call back??? Unheard of! I never would have Verizon had I known that. I had to go back to the app tonight because 1 channel is still not showing that is in my package and what's the result, surprise, a call back for tomorrow.

Please save yourself aggravation and look elsewhere I wish I would never have changed I'm calling my other Provider hoping to get them back at least customer support is always there. It's a shame these companies take so much money and can get away with doing this to people. Terrible experience lesson learned I hope this reaches others thinking of switching and decide how bad of a choice it is. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted. Thank you Verizon.

Original review: March 13, 2019

When signing up for Fios triple play service at my new house, I told the agent that I wanted a package with a few specific channels in it, and gave him the list. He told me that the service he signed me up for had all of those channels. This was not true. Many calls to customer service later I was switched to a more expensive plan that I was promised would have the channels I wanted. This was again a lie.

This went on for several months. When I finally got fed up and called to cancel service, I was told that I would be charged an early cancellation fee. I told them that they hadn't provided the service I signed up for, so I shouldn't be charge the early cancellation fee and ended the call. I paid my bill in full despite never having received the service I was told I would be receiving. Now, 6 months later, I checked my credit report and they have reported me to collections for not having paid the early cancellation fee. This is SHAMEFUL. Why would I be expected to pay for cancelling service I never received??? DO NOT EVERY USE VERIZON FOR ANYTHING. I will never use them again.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Verizon Fios is the worst of the worst. They lied and mislead me for over 10 months on why my YouTube wouldn’t work properly. I finally found out after them telling me every lie you could think of that they were throttling it. They never wanted to take any responsibility for anything until I told them I found out they were throttling. An hour after telling them I knew a Fios van speeds by my house and goes to the line, I was curious and asked what he was doing, the technician got so defensive and started literally cursing at me for no reason other than asking what he was doing. I honestly felt threatened and having a feeling his defense was in that I had caught them red handed. Still no responsibility on their end and still yet to be resolved by the FCC or small claims at this point. We also decided to switch to a different provider.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Had Fios installed in 11/18. Told them I just wanted internet and TV. Verizon said they would throw the phone in for free. First bill I received showed that I was not paying for the phone. Second bill back billed me for the first month and the second month, after the arduous two hour phone call (trust me not by accident) I was told it was a billing error on their part and I would be credited $15 a month to compensate. What they didn't tell me it was only for six months. Verizon Fios is by far the best internet provider in our area, their TV service not so much.

I have to study the channels guide they send to figure out channels I am supposed to get only to find I do not get them. I even paid ten dollars more a month to upgrade to the next package and still the channels I am paying for are "channels I am not subscribed to". So to save time and money I called Verizon to cancel the TV and keep the internet. I would have to pay $290 ETF, but why? I asked I am not canceling with Verizon just changing my plan. Well, their response was they have to rewrite the contract and I could not lower my contract conditions. I asked if I went to the premium package would I have to pay an ETF, of course not was their answer.

Original review: March 9, 2019

It would appear that every time you turn around, another price increase. I got so fed up, that I had them remove the TV, and phone service and only kept the router for my computer. Now as of May 30, 2019 your rewards points will expire. So if you have any, you better use them before the date. They're not only raising the cost for service, but now they save more money by not honoring Verizon, points. This is how they save money for the shareholders. Last year they bought AOL and Yahoo. I could lease a brand new car for less money than my monthly cost with Verizon. Now I purchase a converter with an inside antenna that gives me over a hundred channels. I would strongly suggest people should look into getting this type of setup, you'll save yourself a lot of money. One more case in point, last year they took away our email address, what's next your gold teeth?

Original review: March 9, 2019

I do not write reviews but I am so unhappy with them that this is the first time for me to write a negative review. After a person came to my door to switch and would not go away, I finally agreed to switch companies. Only to come to find out that the channels I said were a deal breaker were not in the package. At this time I called to cancel which I was then again talked into signing up for more money to get all the channels I wanted. I called again to cancel because again it was more than what I was currently paying with Xfinity. At this point they offered me a better deal. I took it. However, I was so frustrated with all the pressure I felt they were putting on me so I canceled again.

They called me a final time today (9 days later) and tried to offer me another package. After reviewing it was 15$ more than what I was offered 9 days ago. This is just bad customer service. I am very unhappy with their tactics of trying to get you to sign onto a service and then saying this is the best we can do when I have proof of a better offer.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The router they provide is so weak that I lose my connection upstairs when the router is downstairs in my house. I have much stronger router signals (three bars) from four of my neighbor’s houses than from the Fios provided router downstairs in my own house (one bar). They're unhelpful on the phone and give me a lot of excuses.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Cost almost $200 a month, constant repeat of shows, sometimes can't find one thing to watch. Remote acts crazy, only good thing is tech support is in USA. They charge for everything. What am I paying the $200 for?

Original review: March 5, 2019

Been Verizon customer for over 10 years. For the first few years, all was great. I'm not sure what happened, but the service and customer service reps all fell apart around 2016/2017. A simple call for tech support or billing became a project. Being on hold for over 30 minutes was already bad, but finally getting a rep and having them hang up in the middle of detailing problem was often the case. Techs would come out and fix a problem and introduce a new problem. Nothing ever fully works!!!

I finally gave up on them when a tech went to my mom's house (because she had similar issues) and the tech left stating he would return to fix the issue AND NEVER RETURNED. When we called Verizon about the tech never returning; the customer rep said he had closed out the ticket as RESOLVED. This is one of many broken promises and complete disrespect. The customer rep knowing what had happened didn't even offer a credit, didn't offer to send someone else ASAP, and had to transfer me to another department (which didn't happen because the rep ended up hanging up). What bothers me the most is the fact that some of us Verizon customers have been loyal customers for years! You would think they would want to keep us happy.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I called Verizon this passed Sunday to get their Triple Play service. I told them I needed the sports package, ID and Disney junior. The agent quoted me $139.99/ month taxes and fees included with a two year plan. They came today and installed everything, not only was the technician rude, but I didn't get any of the channels I requested. They lied to me in order to get me to sign up. I called them and now they're telling me that they cant match what I was quoted. They offer me a year with the channels requested for $139.99... Got my first bill a few minutes later and they are now charging me $23.69 for changing my plan and my monthly fee is not 139.99 is $160 plus all other fees. This is unbelievable. Never before had I experience such bad service. Be AWARE. THEY will LIE TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP. Needless to say that today was my first and last day with Verizon!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Been Verizon customer for almost 10 year. Was like it very much, mostly because their friendly customer service. Thing going downhill, I noticed since 2017. Just now, call them to renew contract. The agreement is keep existing contract with new cost. They send email with link for Order Review, everything is remain unchanged, except the price. Sign the contract, the representative said the new plan will take effect midnight. Hang up the phone. Then Confirmation Order email came. The new plan is totally different what we agree, SBTN channel was removed, TV Mundo was added. Call them right away, another representative said she will add SBTN with adding cost. I told her, when I sign a new contract (it a link and soon not available after signed), I keep everything same, I did not remove nor add anything. She said she could not do anything, I must contact sale department, but she also said they are closed.

What a shame. Since when such immoral behavior happening in Verizon? I did not ask to remove SBTN, why it was removed. I did not ask to add TV Mundo, why it was added? Since when customer order one thing, and receive another thing? And they even made the Review-Order link disappear. Hello Verizon, you are too big to act like a street guy. I'm already escalate the situation, see what Verizon handle such unethical act from its own employee. Very sorry for such large corporation like Verizon.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Installer could not install service. Said he would have Verizon engineering contact me with a solution. Never heard from them. Followed up several times but no service. Now Verizon wants to know why I haven’t rescheduled service. No one at Verizon knows anything about their business or how to get something done. Each department functions like a separate country where they all speak different languages. Avoid FIOS and Verizon.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had bundled services through Time Warner/Spectrum and after my two year commitment they were going to jack up my monthly fee. I went from getting phone, internet and TV for $121 to $154 with no changes to the package. Naturally I was ticked, why do they screw their loyal customers and provide new customers with the best deals? Decided to leave them and go to Verizon. The salesperson I communicated with at Verizon said I could get everything I had with my previous provider for $145. I specifically asked if it would include history channel, HGTV and MSNBC. He assured me it would. They come and install the box and lo and behold, no MSNBC. I contact them and to get it I have to go to another package which is more expensive because I have to pay a regional sport fee even though I don’t even watch sports.

Finally I call someone the next day and she finds a way to lower the cost to below what I was originally quoted for 12 months. The DVR will only record 2 shows at a time but you have to watch one of the two. Won’t record two shows if you’re watching a third show. My DVR I had with Time Warner could record up to 6 shows. You can get a similar DVR from Verizon but they’ll charge you $10 more a month so I’d be paying almost the same as I would with Time Warner so Verizon isn’t even giving a good deal to new customers!

I wasn’t able to record a show last night so I went to the demand option to watch it today and they want to charge me $1.99 to watch an episode I could have watched for free last night! I’m starting to regret being a stockholder of Verizon. If this is how they treat new customers they will lose their customers over time. If you decide to go with Verizon, make sure you make a list of questions to ensure you are being quoted a price for the same package you currently have. I for one will look in to leaving Verizon as soon as it’s financially feasible!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First a simple install took 6 hours. The installer sat outside, talked on the phone, chit chat. Never again, back to the other robber Comcast. The install was 1 TV router phone all in the same place?? Once the install was complete we checked the TV. Some channels didn't work ok. The installer told me it's updating. It did say that on the TV. Ok np so then we check the internet. Fail. The speeds were sooo slow. 15m and at best 50 up and downloads. The installer says, "Oh yeah. That's not good. That's a problem then. Ok. All done. Bye." ??? Now mind you it's 6 hours later on Valentine's Day. I have to talk my love out to dinner and a night out so I call tell them, "Hey my service isn't working." 2 hours on the phone they tell me, "Looks good. Looks good." Then they say, "Oh wait. It's something on our end." Wrong. Still didn't work. Ok. I say, "Now what." They say, "We will have a tech there at 1 pm." Ok great.

1 o'clock rolls up. No show. I call. "He will be there in 5 min." "Ok great. Thanks." 3 hours later no show. I call. They say, "He tried to call you. He can't make it." Wrong. He lied. I said nobody called. Now they call him. "He will be there in an hour." Ok. Wrong. This time he does call and says, "I will be there in another 1 hour and a half???" Really. Then no show. I call them back. Nothing they can do. I say, "Well I have no service. I'm not paying for this crap." They say nothing they can do really. Guess what. I cancelled your service. When I was signing up online the guy in chat lied to me and said I would get enhanced DVR service and my bill would not go up but wrong. They tried to cheat me. It went up $20. That should have been my first clue. They're horrible and scammers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Terrible customer service. They were always finding ways to charge me more for services I wasn't using. For example, I was using my own bought router. They decided they could sneak in a router rental fee. I called numerous times to take that charge off and it just kept coming back up again and again. Verizon: We have families, homes, jobs, etc., we don't have time to keep calling you about everything under the sun. Thank you for nothing. I have canceled all of my Verizon services.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My roommate was moving out so I wanted to upgrade to gigabit and drop the TV service but just change ownership of the account. I was tried to be tricked into opening a new account numbers times by the online sales reps and then taking ownership of the account so I would be responsible for the ETF fees also on the other account. I have screenshots from the sales rep and her supposed supervisor Rhona.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

First of all, they did the worst job installing the internet wires in the garage. They left all the wires out in the open. We got an inspector to look at it (unannounced). Thank goodness I was home. We have the RING doorbell so we get notifications. We are in Boston and I got a notification that the Verizon guy was there to fix the problem...no one told us when they were coming. How were we supposed to know or plan it out. Now we have to have my father in law go there to meet with the guy. So unprofessional. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I called Verizon customer service in a hope to save money and keep the current coverage based on offers I received from other service providers in the area and explore my options. The customer service representative I spoke with from NY offered me a deal and reduced my total bill with a commitment that I will have the same TV channels and internet speed with the exception of losing one Discovery channel that I did not much cared for. I signed the two-year contract but instantaneously, my internet speed went down considerably and a large number of channels that we like to watch disappeared including MSNBC. She cons me into signing up for this contract and now I am stuck with it and the upgrade will cost me additional money while I was trying to reduce my bill. The unethical way Verizon representative earned my business is mind boggling and a turn off for doing future business once I get out of this contract.

Verizon Fios Company Information