3.9/5 (2656 ratings)

About Verizon Fios

Verizon Fios is a 100% fiber optic network providing customers with high-speed internet. Fiber optic cables allow data to move at some of the highest upload and download speeds available. Verizon offers fiber optic internet, TV streaming and home phone services as individual services and in bundles. Fios is shorthand for the full title of Fiber Optic Service.

Pros

• Fast upload/ download speeds
  • Can bundle with other Fios products
  • No annual contracts

Cons

• Only available in certain states
  • High installation fee

Bottom Line

Verizon Fios offers some of the fastest internet speeds available. Customers can choose a package that fits their needs and budget. Bundling with TV streaming is available. Verizon Fios is only available in select states.

Verizon Fios Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Fios?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Fios?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Verizon internet services is very reliable. When I travel I have no problems with the internet. No drop calls. It's very fast too. They are always ready to answer your questions regarding their service. It's a little pricey, but I love it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Wait for service is intolerable. They never come in the time period that was stated. Last time I had a problem, it took 3 trucks of technicians to solve it. Even then, it didn't work as well as it should. Wish I had another alternative for cable service.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Verizon Fios is very reliable, making it worth the money. I have the 3 tier service (home phone, tv & internet) at a reasonable price that is less than the other area providers by about 25%. People tell me how much they're paying and I gawk! It's like they're being ripped off to me.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Good quality internet as long as installed correctly data speed and quality of latency is good. The equipment that they provide is good however you can purchase the equipment instead of renting it which would save you money on the service itself because they charge a monthly rental fee otherwise. Verizon has won JD Power for Excellence for a few year in a row and in comparison to other providers that I have experienced, the service and quality of their product internet and tv quality is superior and they also offer more channels than other carriers. A lot of people may say it's just internet or just tv but when it comes to pricing but it matters where you getting what you pay for. Pay attention to the upload and and download speed that other providers offer. People believe that streaming is download only however, it all depends where you are getting your content and streaming from that decides.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

VERIZON Fios provides me with the fastest and reliable internet service. At times my office colleagues would complain that their services is down or they are getting intermittent service. My internet service with Verizon has always been reliable. I was so relieved not to have these challenges.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

This is the best cell service for the area we live in WNC because of all of the mountains surrounding our area of the mountains. We also use them for our WiFi in our motor home. I would highly recommend this company and the customer service is outstanding!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have been a customer of Verizon Fios for 8 years now. I can honestly say we have had very few if any issues. When I contact tech support the wait is usually minimal and the technician has been very knowledgeable and friendly. Would stay on the line till the issue was fixed. Verizon usually follows up the next day to ensure the problem was fixed.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

This service is really good. Top notch. However the price is way too high. Other internet services are too high as well. So if we have to pay way too much we may as well pay for a top quality service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Never had an issue with my provider. My prices never went up. Very happy with the customer service. Will recommend them to all my family and friends. I have had them for 5 years+ and would not go to anyone else.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Verizon is no longer user friendly! Their price plans are never great. Worse, they’re constantly trying to lure customers into expensive add-ons. God forbid you need to speak with a live person: trust me, don’t hold your breath!

Verizon Fios Company Information