3.46/5
Based on 1,954 ratings submitted in the last year

3152 Verizon Fios Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. I am very upset with what they did to me on August 16th and 17th. I text chatted with a Verizon employee about why my Verizon bill have a new charge called DVR Services. They told me that I was getting a discount and it has now ended, I said ok and proceeded to tell her that I am a senior and we can hardly afford to pay for the bill now, if there any way to lower the cost. So she told me that I can take this other plan that will take away only 7 channel from the lineup and that is will lower your bill about $20. At first I was cautious and she proceeded to tell me that it was a good deal and we have to make a decision, so I asked again and she assured me that it was only 7 channel, she also said that she can up my internet speed for nothing. So I asked my husband and he said ok let’s do it.

Well, after it was done and I stopped the chat my husband told me that there were over 40 channels missing. I was very upset and I couldn't get back on to chat. So the next morning I got back on and told the next Verizon employee what had happened and he looked over the chat to see what she did to me, so he said that he would change it back. Ok, so I not only get screwed once but twice because in order to go back to the same plan I now have to pay $10 more than before plus the $12 for the new charge on my bill. So I then started to complain a lot. He told me that there is nothing he can do and gave me a phone number to call and they can get my bill back to before.

So I call and now talk to another Verizon employee who proceeded to tell me that they can go back to the other plan because it doesn't exist anymore and I ask them to put the speed back to make it cheaper. He said, “No I am sorry but we don't offer that speed anymore.” So, what do you think did they screw me or what and I am now stuck for 2 year because of the contract fee. I am so beside myself right now. I even asked to talk to a supervisor and she told me the same thing. So, this is a scam what they did to me, all because an employee didn't know her job or they do they scam people all the time. I don't know where to turn to get this fixed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

It was time for my FIOS contract renewal and you will receive choice of Samsung Chromebook or $200. I add the Chromebook to my cart and it did not credit or subtract $200. It is a Scam and I will be leaving to buy STREAM TV and pay #300 to leave the contract. Pissed off. Been a loyal customer for years. To be scammed is awful.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They do not tell the customers the truth. I purchased an internet service on May 29, the equipment came the next day. I had to wait till the 31 for activation and then set the equipment up myself. I could not and called for a tech to come, but that would have taken a month to someone to show up. So, I sent it back on June 7th, called Verizon and was told, "OKAY, your account is closed with us." But I get a bill, call them and was lied to again. Got another bill, lied to again. And then another bill. Called and was told by customer service that line by line, my bill is now zero. I will see it next month. I hate Verizon.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

What a joke! Had a sales rep lie about discounts. When I attempted to follow up on why they were not working every person I spoke to after that left me on wait for long periods of time, and would then repeat back what the other person said. Took no ownership. Basically blamed it on a "miscommunication" by the sales rep.

Failed to respect that both my wife and I are in education... not their problem. But don't worry, if I break the contract they will charge me a disconnection fee. The day the contract is up, they will lose my business!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Took me almost a whole day to get someone to call me back from customer service and once I finally get someone on the phone they tell me they can contact me if there's a problem with my account because they're automated. I am definitely looking for another one. Verizon FiOS has gotten too old. Made it difficult without people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I was having a problem with my box in my family room. I called Verizon to have them check it out and they told me that my box was too old and I was out of contract with them but they would upgrade me to the new box for both rooms and added the additional promos. Here comes the problem, I received the new equipment. Installed pretty easy but no TV, nothing worked. I called support and could not find one person that spoke English. They tried doing things on their end for 4 hours. I had supervisors on the phone, they hang up just because. All of them told me that they will be able to fix it. The last supervisor told me that he dispatched tech support to come out and would call me back the next day when they were coming.

Two days later I Received a call from Verizon that someone would be out between 11am and 3pm and would call 1 hour before. Four pm came and I called for them to tell me that someone in India canceled it and nobody was coming. Now going on 4 days. They tell me 8am to 9am tomorrow. But if the phone rings and it's Verizon don't answer it because they will cancel it again. NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THEM FOR SERVICE. Don't trust anything they say.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

If you are an international business person in North America don’t even consider getting a Verizon prepaid account to save your family money. It is a waste of your time and I think you probably know that time equals money. This experience with Verizon was a joke. Kyle.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

After study and extended thought I signed a $3,816 contract for two years of TV and Internet service. One of the big reasons was the special incentive that included a $200 Samsung tech credit for a free Chromebook 8 inch tablet of fitness watch. You can order this from Samsung 30 days after you sign your contract. I was shocked and disappointed to learn that this is another bait and switch scheme where the offer is misleading and they do not stand behind it. I have a Chromebook and a fitness watch and when I tried to redeem for the tablet was told they are no longer available. I could buy a more expensive tablet but the price was way above what it sold for at Costco and only had 25% of the Costco tablet memory.

AS they did not provide the advertised incentive I asked the $200 be credited to my monthly bills. The Supervisor at Verizon customer service stated they would not do this. It is not their fault Samsung was out of stock and would not deliver on their offer. I needed to pick something I did not want or need if I wanted to use my $200 credit. Yes I made a bad mistake. I should have just cut my TV cable and signed up for Cox internet Service. Don't make the same mistake that I did and fall for their bait and switch promises.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

My cable and internet have now gone down for the second time, which requires a tech to come out and fix. I work from home and also live in a dead zone, so when they told us 3 days before a tech come out, I was super annoyed because that means I can't do anything at my house (can't make calls, send messages, emails, nothing).

So last night I had someone break into my house at 2 am. I live on the first-floor apartment and this person crawled through my window. I couldn't CALL 911 for help!!! When I called this morning to explain my situation, the person who answered the phone got a manager. I expected since this now brings my safety into play they would do everything they could to send someone out to fix the problem. NOPE! The manager was SO RUDE and when I got upset and told her to keep trying, she HUNG UP ON ME. Now I'm on hold for another 23 minutes so I can cancel my service with them. STICK WITH XFINITY! Their customer service is WAY better. These people are SO rude and could care less. DO NOT SWITCH TO VERIZON!!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

My experience has being the worst with Verizon Fios. I still can not get a hold on a technician to help me set an account since I need to see my bill online. Waiting time is hours or days. A technician answer but soon he said ,"oh I am not sure , talk to another person." I was on the line for 40 minutes and I had to hung up.

Verizon Fios Company Information