Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.12/5
Based on 2,842 ratings submitted in the last year

HughesNet Gen5 offers a range of plans with fast speeds, built-in Wi-Fi and No Hard Data Limits, so you can do more of everything you love online. Available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.

HughesNet Video
HughesNet Gallery (2)

HughesNet Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?

Original review: April 12, 2021

I am overall happy to have internet again, but sometimes the connection is so slow that I can’t do anything. Every now and then it’s really fast, but when opening a new webpage I always have to sit and wait.

Original review: April 12, 2021

This is very slow, will not stream at all, you cant even watch Pluto TV, it's useless, wanted the phone service with it as we live in a rural area, 40 % of the time it dont work, I have to unplug to reset the HughesNet several times a week to get the phone to work, cant set up voicemail on phone, had to do it on the computer, worked for 1 week. Now booted me off, will not accept my password, cant retrieve voicemails at all,.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I don’t see any improvement in speed on my phone even sitting in the same room as the modem. No improvement at all in other parts of the house. May not keep service after 2 yr commitment. I have submitted at least surveys.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Spoke with a representative asking for an extension on my payment, request was never processed and dealt with a week of insufficient funds in my account. The service fee is too high for just internet, it's not even cable or satellite. Internet is too slow. Can't even cancel without penalties.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Very weak and very slow. However your rep did show up and install the dish on time. Is there anything that can be done about the weakness and slowness? It would be nice if you could. Also your cost is way more than I expected. Could you do something about the cost, since the service is so weak and slow.

Original review: April 11, 2021

The guy was very friendly and knowledgeable. He came on time and completed his work neatly. He then explained how the system works and set it up on my cell. He cleaned everything after him and bid farewell to me.

Original review: April 11, 2021

My computer is not much, if any, faster that when we had AT&T. However, the ability to get on the internet has improved. There was a recent time when I tried to get access the internet, but I had a problem for about 30 min. Later, it was OK.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I told them I have never had good services with internet here where I live but they told me I would get great, even the person who installed told me I would not have problems. I have tried to stream, I have called on several occasions and I always get the run around. I get kicked out when we start to watch a program but nobody seems to be able to help with this issue. I am ready to start posting bad reviews all over social media the issues that you are not able to resolve.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Great experience, quick install date and knowledgeable installer. Just wish they had faster speeds! I would definitely recommend friends to Hughesnet as we’re really quite happy with the service. Just the speed needs to be bumped up!

Original review: April 10, 2021

We've had your service before. We do appreciate your price points. We have noticed a reduction in service when it is windy, rainy or cloudy, however when we are able to utilize your service we do enjoy using it. Thank you.

HughesNet Company Information