3.1/5 (1899 ratings)

About HughesNet

HughesNet Gen5 offers a range of plans with fast speeds, built-in Wi-Fi and No Hard Data Limits, so you can do more of everything you love online. Available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.

Pros

• Simple plans
  • No hard data caps
  • Good for rural areas
  • 24-month price lock

Cons

• Expensive cancellation
  • May be slow

Bottom Line

HughesNet offers a variety of benefits, like no hard data caps and a 50 GB bonus zone. While plans are limited and canceling is expensive, the service can be affordable and effective for rural homes and business owners.

HughesNet Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?

Original review: July 15, 2021

It took a while for the serviceman to get to us because, like everyone else, they are shorthanded because nobody wants to work anymore. When he got there we were very pleased with his work. He was very friendly and polite and went right to work.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I told You before Gen 4 never had to Buffer and this Gen 5 is slower than Dial up!! Whoever peaked this dish in missed the satellite. Missed it by about 2 degrees About to rip it out!! And this is the 4 timed out!!!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I read a lot of reviews about HughesNet. I was very skeptical about getting the internet service. I got the service and have been very pleased with it. I have only had 2 times where it did not work and it was because of heavy clouds and it only lasted about 15 minutes. I was also very happy about the install. Very fast and efficient.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Not the best or the worst but since I have a 2 yr contract I will work with it till something better. I think you should give your clients at least 60 days to decide if they like it before going to a 2 yr contract.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Very professional installation! Excellent at explaining details and answering our questions! Thank You! I would absolutely recommend HughesNet to anyone in a setting like ours. We are enjoying this service so much! Don’t know how we got along without it.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Feed has a lot of loss. Watching a single movie results in 4-5 restarts. Most evenings unable to use as WiFi. WiFi signal great but due tom internet feed nothing loads. We have to use hotspots from cell data. Even sunny days are poor strength.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I try to turn on the tv, but the only thing that shows is "no signal". I've tried every button on the remote with no success. All to no avail. Don't know what else to tell you. I think the storms we've been having may be the problem, but I'm no professional. You are.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Was happy with my service. Only wish that the first technician wouldn’t put the placement in the proper place to begin with. This guy came back and put it in the proper place where we are getting a lot better signal and able to reconnected easily.

Original review: July 10, 2021

On April 12, 2021, I called to cancel my services with HughesNet. I had a new provider already installed and working. Services from Hughesnet were terrible and most of the time I could not even load a webpage. I fulfilled the 2 year contract and could not wait to cancel the services and outrageous charges. I canceled all services and asked that my credit card info be removed from their system. I was told I did not need to return any equipment because it was too old. I was billed in April, May, June and now again in July and money was taken directly out of my checking account.

I called today (July 10th) when I saw another charge on my bank account. I was told they had no record of me cancelling the service, only suspending it until July 6. This is a lie. Why would I only suspend my account until July 6th when I already had a new provider installed and working? I was told today that my account was not canceled and the payment they took would not be refunded until I returned all equipment. Good thing I didn't throw the equipment away or I would be charged $300. I asked several times for a supervisor and for this to be escalated and my money refunded immediately.

Finally, I did get someone in financial services that said my refund should be in my bank in 1-7 days. In the meantime, this was an unauthorized charge to my bank, I do not want their services (obviously) and will be returning the equipment as soon as I receive the box and prepaid label as promised. From reading complaints, I was warned this would happen and it would take many calls to get them to remove my credit card information. There is no way to do that on my own on their website. Desired Settlement: Refund; No further contact by the business

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have no problem with the service. The load time is a little slower - compared to previous provider - however, it serves my business purpose. The last month confirmed that it is for business use. I have a meditation app (Synctuition) that I can't use because it won't allow me to stream w/o any interruptions. But, for the most, the service is fine.

HughesNet Company Information