Call toll free
1.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Hughes offers the world’s largest satellite network currently serving over 1.2 million customers across North and South America. A global leader, they offer broadband satellite technology and services for both residential and commercial properties, including their flagship high-speed satellite Internet service, HughesNet®.

Hughes Network Systems Video
Hughes Network Systems Gallery (2)
View More View More

3326 Hughes Network Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was having financial issues and Hughes Net lowered my bill to help me. Thank you so much to the man that was nice and understanding. I will spread the word about how generous you were in my time of troubles. God bless you.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My installation experience was excellent. The technician was prompt, courteous, and could not have done a better job connecting me to the network. And that is when my experience happiness ended. My service, regardless of the 'speed' is slow. Watching videos is miserable and live feeds impossible. 'Buffering, buffering, buffering, 10 seconds of video, buffering, buffering, buffering. I am so very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Professional, courteous, prompt, accuracy. The representative was efficient and polite. She gave important information for future reference of the call and the phone number, in case, of questions. Good customer service.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The speed has not been as impressive as I expected, similar to Consolidated Communications. Occasionally I get a blink, the connectivity is interrupted before returning to service. On the plus side I did get tech service for my TV and Roku even though I had not purchased the service plan. I did not have the correct HDMI jacks on my TV to connect my Roku and DVD when the installation was completed. Had the technician doing the install explained that to me, it would have been helpful.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We are happy with the installation. Our only complaint is that our installer came and left so late in the evening. He arrived within the time frame, so it's not his fault. I won't ever schedule late again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hughes Network Systems?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I’m Disappointed. Service is as slow as or even slower than Spectrum. I thought that by being the only one on my satellite feed that my internet would be faster than it is. Get frustrated with it many times.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

He did a good job installing the modem and such, but had limited knowledge on how to make it connect to the TV. It took a couple days of searching and a call to customer service to get the remote aligned with the internet. (We are not computer techy.) That was a little frustrating, but otherwise, it was ok.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Installer was prompt, professional and courteous. So far, the Internet service has been great. I am very pleased. My previous internet was too slow to operate my smart home devices. They work with HughesNet!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The representative was most polite and very helpful in solving my problem. I now have the mailing address to send a payment. I no longer want to pay by credit card but by invoice. Thank you for attention to this matter.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Yes I would recommend you to other people. At first I had problems with the Wi-Fi. Got that straightened out. Everything is working good now. Thank you very much for bringing your product into my area.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The tech person that came out was very good, answered questions I had, followed thru on installing HughesNet. It was a very icy driveway that day, but he made it & never complained. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

It’s too slow and the reason I got HughesNet for faster internet but my cell phone is still faster than yours. I have AT&T but not very good where I live but I was wrong. It’s still faster than HughesNet. Want to cancel but now you want to charge me 400$ to cancel. But your customer service it’s an A plus.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

So far the service is pretty good, however, I did call customer service last week because the show I was watching was buffering every 10 seconds. Georgine helped me by rebooting the system and then it worked better. She suggested I reboot every 2 weeks or so. This is our first month as HughesNet customers.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My wife and I are very happy with your service. Both of us have just retired and every morning it's like a cup of coffee and Facebook. We can truly enjoy our family everywhere because of you all. God bless!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The young lady I talked with had the knowledge and was so considerate! Even though we are new to HughesNet she did her best to help and even scheduled a date to help us over the phone. So nice to receive such great customer service.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The man that came was nice. It was very cold and windy that day. Dish T.V. guy was here at the same time. Cable for internet wasn't buried, guy tried to dig a trench, but it is only about an 1" deep. The place where wires come out of the house was left with a tangle of wires and it is a mess; This needs to be taken care of immediately!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This gentleman, Was fantastic with me and very good. With me being an older person. He was very nice and took the time to listen to me and explaining so I understood. He help me more than anyone else in your company has in the past. He did not make me run through the so called loops Like the others did because they did not listen and nothing got better with them. The others just said the same thing over and over. He listen and understood what I was saying and help me so much. This guy is really great. Thanks to him I got off phone after talking to him. Feeling better and not dumb. Like most of your employs made me feel. This is the first review I have ever wrote. Because he is the only one I feel I should send a review on. Go figure you guys need more employees like him that listen and cares. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Absolutely the best service I have experienced in quite some time. From the customer service representative really listening to what I needed and recommending the best service for our home. The installation went well, no complaints.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I'd had HughesNet for 10 years then changed thinking I could get a cheaper internet service. After 2 months I contacted HughesNet to reconnect. They were extremely helpful and gave me the promotion going on at the time. Two days later someone was out putting the equipment up and got it running! I learned my lesson!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Jose kept us apprised of his arrival time. Also called to announce he was our gate, and needed entry as asked to do. He also told us what he was doing, worked neatly and professionally. Jose was friendly and represented his company well.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I was out of town for a funeral, so my son handled this whole process. From the installation technician to the HughesNet rep on the phone, my son said everything was excellent. He had no complaints/concerns about the services provide. I love having reliable WIFI service!!! Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Excellent customer service, very friendly and knowledgeable technician. Unfortunately the satellite internet is slow and at times annoying. I used to have satellite internet service with another carrier which was even slower. I guess HughesNet is an improvement compared to the previous carrier.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The install went good but I'm really surprised about price. I get $20 off per month for a year with new install. When they said my bill would be $59 I assumed that was before the $20 off... Nope!! $59 a month is pretty ridiculous & in a year it'll be $79. Wish I'd have known that before install day!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Mike was the installer who came to our home. He was excellent. It was a difficult install due to Mike had to work outside on the coldest day of the winter. He was very professional but also very kind and courteous. He did an excellent job and we have high speed internet which we are very happy with.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I can do my computer jobs much faster. I received my mail from the states and other countries very clear to read. No matter what the weather is; the internet keep working. My movies and TV series are more colorful.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

For a satellite service, it's as good as you're gonna get, haven't had a problem with customer service yet either. Only issues are the ping/ms/server response is VERY unstable compared to other providers of the same kind, and the system checker for the amount of data I have remaining has not updated once so I can only track that via my Windows data tracker which I'm not enthused not knowing how much the company claims I have used since the last company I had service with screwed me over 4 days into the month, and that was my entire reason for leaving them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I chose Hughes after becoming disgusted with Comcast/Xfinity. Ordering on-line was very easy. The installer came when he said he would, and was polite and efficient. I have been very pleased with my internet service from the moment it became active, and have recommended Hughes to my friends.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Set up by tech went very well. Speeds vary greatly throughout the day which is why I didn't give 5 stars. Still too early in the relationship to have the best understanding of the service. Netflix Streaming is frequently interrupted.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Several days this week I have had no internet service for at least two hours in the afternoon. Have no customer service number to call which is answered by a person. Upset about the steps one has to take to receive my $100.00 gift card.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The setup and installation was fast and well done. The installer was a vast wealth of information about the service. While we still struggle with fast internet speed, but overall I am with the experience.

Hughes Network Systems expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This broadband satellite ISP, known in the market as HughesNet, provides high-speed satellite internet everywhere in the continental United States.

• Widely available: HughesNet is available everywhere in the continental U.S.—even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.

• Data-saving features: HughesNet Gen5 automatically compresses and optimizes web content with built-in SmartTechnologies™ to make web pages load faster while using less of your data. HughesNet Gen5 also includes a video data-saver so you can watch more videos using less of your data.

• Unlimited Data: If you exceed your data plan, you stay connected at reduced speeds until your next billing cycle.

• Best for: Those in search of reliable access to the Internet at good speeds, even in the most remote locations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

MD
20876
www.hughesnet.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.