Hughes Network Systems

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This has to be the worst company to get nothing but troubles since I got in 2016. Call customer service and the only thing they tell you is satellite dish is misaligned. At first it will cost you 120.00 dollars then it goes from there. Just talked to customer service again about UPS pickup that I didn't know anything about. They said they never told UPS to pickup anything here then, "Can we do a system check" and now no internet at all. Then they can't diagnose anything because my dish is out of alignment. Can't get fixed for 12 days. This is not the first time this company has done. This the worst company to do business with. Stay the hell away from them. They will do nothing but screw you.

PLEASE read these customer reviews and take them seriously if you're considering Hughesnet for internet or phone service! I just got the service in December and paid for the first month upfront. Not even a month later, they disconnected the internet service, charged my account $60, and NEVER restored my service. After several calls I was told that I pay for the service, not accessibility! What exactly does that mean? That's like ordering and paying for a Big Mac at McDonald's and never receiving it and having the cashier tell me that I paid for her to take my order, not the sandwich.

I explained to the thick accented CS Rep that here in America we have something called a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT and that he may want to find employment elsewhere because that's the road HUGHESNET is traveling on. I got CenturyLink and I can actually access the services in which I've rendered and purchased. Save yourselves a headache and BYPASS Hughesnet!!!

Not happy with HughesNet service. I purchased both Internet and phone was told I would be able to keep my original phone number and the service person would set it up. Came home from work only 1 phone connected and didn't work. Was given a new phone number. Called customer support. Was told I had to put in for my phone number would take 10 days. Phone never worked. So far Internet that they promised would be so much faster hasn't impressed me. I had no idea you have to take down your own equipment and return it if you cancel. And they don't even send you the boxes. What kind of scam is this company running. I am going to post they're a bad company to sign up with on all my internet accounts. Is there a way to get out of the contract without getting penalized? If they haven't lived up to agreement?

Paid over $100 a month to have internet service that was extremely SLOW. Had service with them just shy of 2 years. Paid early cancellation fee just to get another service provider that provides service that actually works. Not only that but every time I called I never got a person that could speak good English. Worst service ever!

I have had Hughes Net for two years, they have had my name incorrect the entire time after 24 months of telling them to correct, offered me services that come to find out are not in my area, overcharge, service sucks, always on phone for an hour or better, online bill pay for them on their internet service does not work claims city, zip and state do not match, company has taken unauthorized payments after their system states unable to process.

Two year contract up end of February 2017, they will charge me over 300 to come and get their equipment. They expect me to climb on my roof to remove not the entire satellite but a portion of it, also when they installed it the dude put huge holes in my roof. They're a scam, ripoff, most horrific company I have ever dealt with. I will drive 20 miles one way to take kids to library for internet to do homework, no way we are going through our plan in a matter of 3 days. This company needs to have an investigation. Fraudulent bs happens daily, so extremely disappointed with every aspect of this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hughes Network Systems?

I took out Hughes Net Internet service when I could not get another provider. They do not have unlimited internet service like Frontier or AT&T so they only give you a small amount of Data allowance, which if you do any downloading at all you will use up in the first week of the month, then you have to pay a boatload of money to get enough Data to last you the rest of the month. I had no trouble with the speed of the internet it was the lack of Data and how much they charge for additional data. I would not recommend this internet service provider at all to anyone if you plan on doing any internet surfing at all and especially if you plan on doing any downloading at all.

I got Hughes Network because of a bundle DirecTV offered. I asked three specific questions... "Does it include wifi?" The rep said yes... "Will I just get one bill?" Again the rep said yes. "Is there a contract..." Rep said there was no contract. So a month goes by. The internet is horrible. Can rewind shows watch movies. Wifi sucked. (BTW we had to pay 100$ for the wifi which we told was included in the service.) Then to find out they charged my kid's credit card!!! I called immediately and told them to take his card off the account and to cancel the service. I was on the phone for an hour and a half! They couldn't tell me how they got my son's card number nor would they remove it! They had no authorization from my son or any communication with my son in any way!!!

So after that... A month passes and my son's card got charged again... I was absolutely livid! We don't even use Hughes anymore because they suck!! So I call again to be placed on hold for 30 minutes only for them to tell me they don't know why his card is being used, how they got the account number and that they will cancel the service but was going to charge my son's credit card 350$ for a cancellation fee I never even knew existed!!! This is absolutely the worst damn service I've ever dealt with!!! Something needs to be done! They are ripping off honest people!!!

Cancelled my Hughes service 5 months ago. It was very slow, I was not happy with the service. A box arrived a few weeks later describing what items to send back. I did exactly what was asked. Five months later, a collection agency phones for payment of a radio transmitter. I have not received any prior notification for this transmitter, no bill. I pulled up my Hughes account $0 balance until Feb. 1, 2017.

This is very poor service all the way around! I had this service for a little over year. It's always been slow. Nothing like advertised. When I call several months back they blame issue on my rotator. So I replaced it without any benefit... still slow. I waited several months knowing that I was in for a hair pulling experience. I wasn't wrong! I was on phone 1.75 hrs with tech support without resolution. They want you to continue to repeat check to see what wrong after proving it's their equipment!!! Then they want me to pay for server tech to come out to fix their faulty equipment.

Has anyone here gone beyond the 5th Grade??? They came out to install and left 30 feet of cable unburied. A mess in our family room. Still NO Hughes Net... My husband has been on the phone for 1.5 hours is now on the 8th human being who doesn't know his left hand from his/her right. Our neighbor has been watching this entire afternoon process and says he will have this experience of scamming seniors on the internet by 6. This has been a nightmare!!! The poor man they sent out didn't have a clue about our order or what they had promised us... He should move on to a company that takes care of customers & employees.

We live in a rural area surrounded by Amish. We cannot get cable because there are not enough subscribers in our area. Our only choices for internet are CenturyLink or Hughes Net. My son and my father have CenturyLink, my father can't get on the internet because it is so overloaded with people. My son says CenturyLink is slow in his area.

So knowing all this we decided to go with Hughes Net through DISH. It is horrible! We cannot watch videos because of the buffering, it is slow and cuts out in bad weather. When we go over our data limit of 5 gb they shut us down. They say it will slow down when we go over, but we are unable to do anything. I have to check my email on my phone. Their off peak hours are 2 am to 8 am which we never use. Any data we don't use we lose, it does not roll over. I wish we had other options but my son tells me our internet is faster than his. My brother lives in town and has internet through his cable company and pays less for excellent internet and services than we do. If you have any other choice do not use Hughes Net!

If you have the inner peace to just let it go, then you're ok with them, but about a year and half ago, the modem was diagnosed as bad, they never replaced it, so now, what I have is still a bad modem. I called, went through 2 hrs of diagnosis and was sent to another call center that can diagnosis what they can't fix, so he put the note in bad modem and I had to call back to the Hughes Net to get the order finished, they can't transfer me back, I did what they said and gave extra time, guess what, the girl on the phone had me on for 20 minutes to put in a order, long silent times up to 5 minutes at a time with no help.

I finally asked for a manager, she refused to transfer me to someone that could put a simple order in, so I hung up and called back, got a 20 minute runaround. Finally got a manager, then oh the phone went dead, I called back, their phones lines will not take calls, I think they blocked me because I complained, this is the 2nd time in less than 2 years their phones have seemed to die when calling a manager, I looked them up on the BBB website, yes A+ because when you complain there, they will finally call you back to complete the scoring, but their feedback on that site is negative 98%.

I called their headquarters number from the BBB site, took 5 minutes to put in the service order, Wow, should I be the one to teach a company how to do customer service, No they should already know, I have been told in 2 weeks they are upgrading their systems, to call back and get the upgrade, because the upgrades are going to only new customers unless you call and throw a fit, I will be leaving them on the day my service contract is up in a few more months, this is the worst service I have ever had with any business, and I do a lot of business.

When I signed up with Hughesnet for internet service, I noticed the bpm's I was paying 49.95 per month did not permit good quality streaming. When I called and complained, I was told I needed to increase my bpm's. The 49.95 went to $69.95 and the streaming did not get any better. Again, I complained and was told I needed to increase my bpm's. Well, I got Hughesnet because I did not want to pay the other cable companies $75-$80 dollars a month for internet. Hughesnet also gave me the senior citizens discount of $49.95 for the first 3 months and the service never got better. I decided to move in with a relative and no longer needed Hughesnet. When I called on 01/16/2017 to have the service cancelled, the customer service young man was rude and asked a lot of unnecessary questions.

I had to remind him that I called to cancel the service and not chit chat about my life and what I was going to do without Hughesnet internet service or who I was going to get for internet service... After he could not get me to buy more bpm's and give them more time, he told me I could not cancel until the next billing period, which was 16 days away. I demanded the service end on 01/16/2017. I also asked that my credit card number be removed from their database and the young man refused to answer. On 02/02/2017. I get debited for $190.00. When I questioned that $190. I was told that was an early termination of contract fee. I am fighting it all the way starting with the Better Business Bureau. This should not happen to anyone else.

Apparently Hughesnet has outsourced its customer service to a foreign country. "go figure". Reps that do not speak good English and keeps reading a script regardless of your questions. That is very frustrating and you never get an answer, but I guess that is the intent all along. Hughesnet wants you to get so frustrated that you stay on another month for charges and when you have had enough, they throw in a contract cancellation fee. These fees are paid in advance, so why would I be charged beyond 01/16/2017? Horrible, rude customer service and deception.

We are just waiting for our two year contract to run out. This is absolutely the worst service ever. Not only are the connection speeds slow, I am kicked off line dozens of times a day. I run a business out of my house, so this is totally unacceptable. The "free" bytes are even slower, of course. Don't buy this service. After contacting the company with our complaints, we got absolutely nowhere, no resolution, pretty much just told us when our contract would end and that we are stuck until then. Counting the days.

I purchased HughesNet six months ago. Upon purchasing this provider, I informed them I did NOT want a contract due to the fact we live in the country and fast internet is hard to find. He assured me a contract was not part of the deal. The installer brought his own modem to use, said it was guaranteed and would cost $100. We then purchased this to find later it didn't work. Neither he nor HughesNet would honor that purchase. That was just the beginning of this madness.

About 30 days after purchasing an additional modem (our own expense) we found that the internet was extremely slow. We contacted HughesNet on multiple occasions to inquire about how to fix the issue. "How many lights are showing? What color are they? Well it looks good on our end, so it must be something on your end. I'm sorry that is something the installer needs to come fix so contact him. I'm not coming back out. They don't pay me to do that?" These are some of the responses and excuses we received. This went on for about 4 months, back and forth.

I then contacted them in January to cancel my service. They offered to get someone out to help me then after I said I was cancelling. Too late. We had paid 5 months too long already. They then said that I was tied into a 2-YEAR-CONTRACT!!! I said, "Send the paper I signed that says that!!!" They said it was a verbal agreement at the beginning! They also told me that they sent out an email stating that at the beginning...not sure! They said I had 30 days to cancel. During that time we were trying to get the modem deal taken care of and didn't know if we had decent service or not.

This is such a mess and a company that I will most definitely NEVER recommend for any reason. They informed me I would be receiving a bill in a while for a balance due of over $300 to pay for the remaining contract. If you are thinking about using this company...DON'T! They will screw you at every corner and not honor their word. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau about this for sure!

When I called HughesNet with questions about the internet service, I was given a completely false picture of the power and amount of GB the service would provide for me. The service actually did give me excellent internet connection until the free cancellation period was over then it was substantially reduced. Because the service worked well at first, I recommended it to my daughter, who also got an account. It worked well until the cancellation period had passed. My complaints were not addressed. I insisted the service had been misrepresented by sales people and at last I was allowed to cancel for a $150.00 fee. It would have been higher by a lot. My daughter paid 400.00 to get out of her contract. It was worth it to be done with them.

I returned the router as required and was told there was no need to return the dish from the roof. Two months later my credit card was charged 200.00 by HughesNet. I called and was told this was for the dish on the roof. They finally agreed to come out and remove it. This is a cynical, dishonest company who probably makes a lot of money by deceiving consumers and actively tricking them. DO NOT do business with them! I recommend getting a T-Mobile hotspot router. FAR more effective for most internet uses, including streaming Netflix etc. And at a fraction of the cost.

Faulty installation/loss of phone service & abuse of Visa credit. I ordered initial installation of basic service on 12/15/17. I only use my computer for email correspondence, banking & brief research - perhaps 45 minutes per day. Install was done on 12/16/17 & 20 mins after tech left I realized I had NO phone service. Contacted tech; he told me he 'forgot to tell me something about the wiring' and that I should go to Walmart to get equipment that did NOT require internet connection. Why would I do that?? I called HughesNet for Internet service! The ONLY way I could use my phone was to DISCONNECT ALL HughesNet wiring, which I had to do. 16 hours later, I contacted HughesNet customer service to cancel my account due to faulty installation & loss of phone service. Was repeatedly interrupted by the agent and could not understand what she was saying due to thick foreign accent.

Called back 10-12 times, getting nowhere with ANY agent. It became obvious to me that I was talking to 'brick walls'. During my original order I told the sales person I NEVER do Automatic Payments, period, and that due to my medical condition reliable & dependable phone service was critical. She stated my credit info was no longer in their system, and that my phone service would be "superior".

On 12/16/16 $158.98 was charged to my Visa credit card (Had the install been successful I would have agreed with this charge). Then on 1/14/17, $160.37 was charged, for what I do NOT know. Then on 1/16/17, $69.32 was again EXTORTED from my Visa Credit card, at which time I had to cancel my Visa card at my bank and obtain a new card to prevent HughesNet from further extortion of my funds. At the same time, I initiated a Dispute Process at my bank, Wells Fargo for the total sum of $388.67. Today, 1/29/17 I received a "late notice" from HughesNet for the 'monthly fee' of $69.32. Keep in mind I had this service for less than 16 hours, cancelling for faulty service and loss of phone service.

I have initiated a formal complaint with both my state's Attorney General's Office, the FCC and the FTC in hopes of exposing this company's disregard to correct their faulty installation, loss of my phone service, and considerable unauthorized ABUSE of my Visa Credit information along with my THREE disputes in progress with Wells Fargo. During all this time, I have never heard from HughesNet concerning a resolution to my concerns, except today the email requesting the additional payment for $69.32.

NOW, if this all is not a scam, a ripoff and total dishonesty by a company which initially I had 'thought' would be a "premier" satellite company, I don't know what is. I have many hours invested in this procedure, and countless nights of lost sleep. I have excellent credit, am a law abiding citizen and feel I have been GREATLY taken advantage of in ALL respects. I'm sure that we all can agree that at one time or another we have had confusion regarding our utility bills, be it Dish, Direct or whatever. But, those misunderstandings are most normally settled by a simple phone call to an agent of the company who LISTENS and understands and is ABLE to correct the matter. With HughesNet, their customer service just does NOT care, PERIOD! There is NO talking with anyone, PERIOD.

In summary, as a retired business lady, I have NEVER experience a true NIGHTMARE such as this. It is incomprehensible to me HOW in the world this company is permitted to continue to operate!!! They should be forced out of business - and, I mean that in all seriousness. WORD OF CAUTION - DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING HUGHESNET!!! Added note: I never received any receipt from this company.

I have been with HughesNet now, over a year. Had to enter in to a contract of 2 years. We had nothing but problems after being a month with them. I called and called them about my phone not working right. You call a Dr. or anyone. They can't hear me. Have to call them 3-4 times back in order to talk to them. Computer is running super slow. They have not fixed the problem with my phone yet. I don't know how many times I called them, they want me to call them and tell them what for number I called where they can't hear me. God, I have better things to do than to be on the phone 3-4 times a day with HughesNet. On top of all this, they say, "Oh, we will bring this matter to my supervisor. He will call you back the next day." Nothing. Or, if they can't help me, they say "The computer just froze on me. So, I'm very sorry. I can't get into your acct. You have to call back."

My husband and me are very upset about all this. Our cell phones don't work in the area I live. So this is why we also got phone service thru HughesNet. They promised us, we will get good service. But we don't. We keep up to our promise and pay our bill when it is due. They broke their promise by not giving us good service. And not fixing the problems. Can I break my contract and get away with it? What would happen. If I need to have an ambulance come to my house, and the phone don't work? Do I have a good reason to break the contract? Thank you. PS: I was also told by HughesNet, the techs are not fixing phones. This goes thru someone else. They gave me a date where they said I will get a call from them about my phone. Waited all day. Not one phone call from them. I'm very upset about all this. Where is our rights as a consumer? Please help.

This company is horrible!! They have lousy service & even worse customer service. We had to get this company as our local company was expanding their equipment & wouldn't be able to take on any new clients. When we signed up with HughesNet, they told us when the new company had available space we could change over with no penalties. I asked the man "no fees, penalties or any other charges" to which he replied "correct". So we signed up & had 5 service calls within the first week. Then I just used my phone as much as possible, because of the slow service, it wasn't feasible to use their terrible network. Like I said, when I signed up they said I could get out without any penalties. I stopped using my in-home internet because it was so poor. So when my local provider had room, I signed up with them & then called HughesNet to cancel. Well you can guess what happened next...

They said I could get out of the contract, but it would cost me $300. I explained what I was told when I signed up to several people when I finally got a supervisor on the phone. He asked if I was near my computer as he needed to run some diagnostic test on my service. I said I wasn't near my computer. He then said "well we will let you out of your contract without any penalty, but we need you to go home & run some test so that we know exactly what went wrong." I then point blank asked him, no matter the outcome I can get out without any penalty charges, which he assured me there wouldn't be any. They just needed for their records what was going on.

When I got home I called & spoke to someone, giving them my contact # so that they could look up my last correspondence with the company. But what was supposedly in the notes was if they did the test & it was poor then I wouldn't have the disconnect fees. When they did the test it said my service was 98% Poorer for downloading & 92% for uploading compared to the typical national average. But then I was told that it was still in the acceptable range for my HughesNet package (not what I was told). I was told no matter the outcome, I wouldn't have to pay the disconnect fee. I went through 4 people in my quest to get them to live up to their word. Every single one of them lied to me to get me to give them more info. But at the end of it all, going through 6 or 7 different people, I was still told I would owe $300 disconnect fee.

So I cancelled my CC so that they couldn't charge my account. This company is so poorly ran & managed & all of the call center people are taught how to deceive people & lie & tell their customers what the customer wants to hear to get them to sign up with HughesNet, or bullying them into staying with their service. After being lied to & talked down to & even had several people talk over me, I am so glad to be rid of this company. I would much rather do without internet, than have to deal with this kind of company. They are truly crooks with unethical ways of doing business. Trust me when I say I would rather drive to my nearest library or any other wireless place I could manage than deal with these morons.

I purchased DirecTV and then asked DirecTV who I could use for Internet and they recommended Hughes. Big mistake. The Internet was very slow and my Data ran out very fast. I called them and they gave me more Data for that month. I called again to complain how slow the Internet was and they had me do all these download speed test. Result? Told me everything was OK but guess what? I still have slow Internet. I already have new Internet thru Xfinity. Amazing and cheaper! I cancelled my Hughes with a 370$ penalty. Hughes Internet is a rip off!!!

Do not, do no, do not get Hughesnet for internet. It is so slow and with 5 Gigs you will never be able to use it. I just paid the early termination fee and got Freedom broadband. I can actually use the internet again without being on my phone network. ZERO STARS!

Started service in April 2016, but had continuous problems and service was horrible to resolve the issues. Did not get the bandwidth stated, it was always down, spent so much time on the phone with support doing the same dump tests with no results. Tried to make it work because of the cancellation penalties - now I know why they have that 2 year contract. They have to make some $$ on cancellation fees, as people find out they are not living up to their end. No one should use this company for internet service.

They say they will help you and they understand. They are misleading crooks, your phone conversations go on for hrs at a time. Placed on hold for 30 min sometimes. Whatever was promised there is no record of any calls. Now if you want ulcers and like throwing money out window they're great. STAY AWAY. Customer for 16 months. Bill started 59.00. Now 144.00.

I did not get the speed nor data rates I was promised. I've been on the phone with them almost daily concerning this issue. I conducted speed test after speed test with them saying it's not their issue. So I went and bought a new router thinking it could be my equipment's issue; still no help. Basically I was paying for high speed internet service but only getting dial up speed. If I could give them a ZERO I would! Stay away! They are liars and cheats.

We have had Hughes Net Pro service now for about 6 months and even though this package was recommended to us based on what we do on the internet such as email, stream movies, facebook and youtube we cannot stream movies and youtube & facebook videos are a pain to watch due to constant buffering. We can surf the net and get emails, but that's about it. This is all due to the low internet speeds.

We called Tech Support and after about 1.5 hours they determined there must be a problem with the system and sent a tech to our home a couple of days later to troubleshoot. The tech was not in our home for more than a couple of minutes and after explaining what the problem was he immediately said everything is working just fine. It's just that Hughes net download speeds are just too slow to watch movies or play games. He said there is nothing that can be done except live with the slow service. He also said this is the number one complaint he sees and Hughes Net will never admit there is a problem. They just keep advertising that you can watch movies and play games when in reality their download speed are insufficient to do so. I would not recommend Hughes Net to anyone if you intend to stream movies and/or play games, it just won't work. Unfortunately we live in a rural area and Hughes net is all that is available.

This is the worst Internet service that DirecTV could ever hook up with. I finally called Hughes Net on 1/18/2017 and told them that the service does me no good when it can't be used. All of a sudden they tell me that my internet is being used between the hours of Midnight until 6:00 a.m. Immediately, I ask to turn the service off and the foreign gentleman name Lesliy ** (not his birth name) told me the termination fee would be $130.00. I told him I didn't give a darn, just turn this crap off immediately. My contract would be up in May 2017. His next question was, how do I plan to access the internet? I indicated (My cell phone). Please do something about this scam internet service. I promise I will do without until our area can get better internet services. One pissed off use to be customer...

Did not install the dish why do I have to pay someone to remove it? They owe me 186.51. They tell me that I need to send something I do not have. They want me to pay someone to remove it? I need you to get my money back. The service was the worst I have ever had. I don't have no more to say but give me my money back.

In September of 2016, I contacted HughesNet to see if I could improve my internet service. I live in a very rural area and know that I have a very challenging situation. I explained this to the representative immediately. He ran a test and assured me that they could provide good service. I stated that I knew we have challenges in our location and that I would only try HughesNet if they promised me they could provide adequate speed for movie viewing. If they were unable I would not be charged any fees. We went ahead with install and tech tested speed said it was good. I spent the entire day reconfiguring all of my services to HughesNet.

We then attempted to view a movie. Within minutes it was buffering and never went past that. I called HughesNet for assistance. My husband had to take over. For about an hour he was instructed to plug this in and enter that and turn this off and that on. For a minute it was better but we never were able to view a movie. I was so frustrated I couldn't even deal with it. We finally called to have service discontinued. We then received a bill for over &100.00 and were told we had to remove the dish from the roof and return it. I called to dispute the bill. They argued it was a valid bill. After much back and forth they credited me a small part but said they could not do any more. I disputed the balance with my credit card company. They agreed and reversed the charge.

I just received a bill from a collection agency for $69.98. I called to discuss the bill with them. I was told they get this a lot regarding HughesNet. She advised me to try another supervisor with HughesNet. After 30 minutes on hold and 3 people I was told there was nothing they could do. I will not pay this amount. I would urge anyone considering HughesNet to run the other way!!!

I waited for well over a month before the buyout fee was actually charged... Didn't receive the shipping box and mailing label to return the equipment; spent 45 minutes on the phone with a representative (who was very nice and patient with me) trying to get the situation with the mailing label and box rectified. The call center is in the Philippines which really irritates me as there was a definite deficit in his understanding of what I was trying to explain to him. The internet service itself was ok when I had it but the customer service and wait times are very poor...

I tried to explain to the representatives via a previous phone call that my living situation and employment situation prevented me from using Hughes net, ie apartment will not allow the satellite Hughesnet requires for service. It was not a palpable issue to them... They could care less that I no longer had a home or apartment complex which allowed for the mounting of a satellite for their service. I will not ever use Hughes net for internet service again, nor would I recommend the service to anyone else. Why can't an American company employ American people for a call center? Very frustrating.

First and foremost the internet service is awful. I repeat awful. After buying one of the higher end packages we quickly downgraded because the money was not worth the service. After continual SLOW loading speeds, internet "disruptions" and high price me and my wife decided to cancel the service. The cancellation fee was huge but I didn't mind because I just wanted to get rid of this disgrace of a company. After talking to a tech HE misled me with my options. I informed I would pay the fees but with another credit card and not the card on file. HE said that was no problem. The card would not be charged and a bill would be sent in the mail with options to pay. HE never asked for another card, or any other information.

A month goes by and no bill in the mail, only to my surprise that Sucknet billed my credit card that they had promised they wouldn't, which led to the over drafting of that card and a hit on my credit. Sucknet would not take the charge back and the person that wrote the notes down for the conversation "accidentally deleted" the request to not use the card. Absolute worst company I have ever dealt with and will not only NEVER use them again, I will let everyone I come into contact with know that they shouldn't use them either.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This broadband satellite ISP, also known in the market as HughesNet, works with Earthlink and DirectTV to provide a range of services around the world.

• Service anywhere: Anyone nearly anywhere within the contiguous United States can access Internet service through geostationary satellite, even when camping in an RV.
  • Browsing: Microsecond delays, due to the signal traveling thousands of miles through the atmosphere, are unnoticeable during normal browsing.
  • Options for exceeding bandwidth: For customers worried that they might go over their allotted bandwidth, HughesNet offers packages that prevent higher fees or throttling.
  • Best for Those in search of reliable access to the Internet at good speeds, even in the most remote locations.

Compare Internet Service Providers