Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5
Based on 3,397 ratings submitted in the last year

HughesNet Gen5 offers a range of plans with fast speeds, built-in Wi-Fi and No Hard Data Limits, so you can do more of everything you love online. Available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.

HughesNet Video
HughesNet Gallery (2)

HughesNet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

When I first contacted the website I was disconnected 3 times. Then a young man named Alex answered and had it fixed in 2 minutes. Quick, thorough and very nice. Hughes Net needs to hire more people like him. The robot when you first call is not good. Very cold and no feelings.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Was told Demand was taking my data, I do not use On Demand for that reason. Not sure if that is correct. Dish said no when I said Hughes Net said it does. I was then told to unplug internet. Question was why because I don’t do on demand if it takes my data. Dish person hung up on me with no explanation. She said she would not send a technician just for that reason. So I pay around $150. For both need answer. Hughes net was very helpful. Unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I was sent an email to purchase tokens at discount price. Representative was not able to help me. I was sent to my HughesNet and there the tokens are not discounted! I am very stressed because my WiFi service is not up to speed. I created account as well.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Equipment has not worked properly since it was installed. Contacting and discussing this problem with several different customer service representatives on phone over several weeks and been unproductive and beyond frustrating to this point. I want a credit for the last 4 months of service I did not receive. A service representative is supposed to visit and check the equipment on Jan 15. If the problem is not resolved I want to cancel service without penalty.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

The representative was very easy to understand and was helpful explaining that there was only a $20 promotion at this time. If I call back when my current promotion expires at the end of Jan then I could see if there was a better promotion available she explained.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I cancelled my service months ago. I requested the return box for the equipment. It never came. I called to inquire why. They had the wrong address after I called to change it years ago. They said they fixed the address and sent a new one. Today 12/30/2020 I check my bank account and see a $318 dollar charge from Hughesnet plus bank overdraft fees. I called to find out why. I explained the situation and was hung up on. I called back. The customer service rep. was rude this time, which added to my frustration. She proceeded to tell me the box was sent twice to the address I provided her. The rep was still being rude.

Further investigation finds that the second box was undeliverable and the first was cancelled. The second box was undeliverable because they have the wrong address. Even after I had them change it a few times. The rep. said she changed it now and should be getting a new box. Then I call back. I still don’t have my refund. This time the rep was nice and helpful. They suggested that I send it myself. Then I get an email and where the account number and name and address is located, guess what, the street address is still incorrect. So I have to send it myself and get charged for that, plus the $318, and the overdraft fees. I would like all my money back please.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Had for two months and is crap.. Super slow speeds.. Dial up internet is faster.. Called to cancel and try to charge me 900 dollars.. Good luck.. Customer service sucks.. Techs that they send out blame it on everything but the real problem..

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

In the month of Nov. 2020 Hughes Net took it upon their self to go in our bank account and take our money to open a account at a old address we lived at without our knowledge. So I called to ask why and wanted my money back. I have been waiting for my refund. Still to this day every time I call they hang up on me or put me on hold and don't come back to talk me until today. I talked to someone who was relaying mess. thru someone named George in advance billing. He would not talk to me. It's funny how they did not have to wait for my money when they took it without asking and won't give it back. They must be hard up for money. It's only 48 bucks but I want my money back.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I called to see when my contract would be up and Alex gave me all the info I require. Very knowledgeable and courteous. You have a very good employee there.. I give your employee 5 stars but not your service. Every time we get rain or snow I have no internet and have to go back to my cell phone for internet. I think since I always have service I am going back to my cell phone for service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I had a complicated billing problem that was handled promptly and professionally. I'm giving the experience 5 stars. The young lady that helped me was courteous and answered all questions. She consulted with her supervisors to ensure the information she was giving me was correct and that my account was updated and that I understood everything.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

The representative who assisted me was respectful, knowledgeable, patient and professional. I learned about the definition of terms new to me, how to use the information HughesNet provides to be a more efficient customer. I highly recommend Hughes Net to others.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Last young man I spoke to on phone was rude!!! Can't have more than one device on at a time, ring door bell has a 3 min delay to my phone, computer takes 10 min to turn on!!! When I phone in was told someone else fault.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I am very displeased with my service. Seven days ago I upgraded to gen 5. To date they say I am out of data witch was to be 20 gig-a-bytes. Can’t even watch a movie. Could not understand agent. All I heard was chickens and hogs in background. My problem is yet to be corrected. Damn poor service from a company who charges prime prices for their service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I called trying to find out why my bill suddenly increased almost $45 monthly. Was so informed and happily 2 agents helped lower the fees! I was impressed with the speed with which my questions were answered and also the adjustment, itself.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Hughes Net is much more reliable and faster than our previous provider. We have less downtime and we don't have to reboot it so often. Your customer service department is easy to work with. Thank you for your service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

For the past 6 years my WiFi reception has been horrible. Very seldom can my wife or myself get logged in on WiFi. I just purchased an extra 15 gb of data and my service hasn’t gotten any faster. If this is the best I can receive I will be changing to Spectrum service in January.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

No phone help line! "Unavailable." Your Normal excellent service somehow has failed during this Covid time. I’ve been unable to reach you for the last two or three days on the customer Care line. Suspend my service until May 4, 2021, please have someone call me on my cell phone to confirm **.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Fast, effective, polite. The tech kept me informed about his travel progress on his way to my location. He added additional items to make my set up more robust. He explained what he was doing in a very easy to understand way.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

But expensive. If you cannot get decent service any other way it’s at least very good but costs more than you think and they do not have a decently priced unlimited plan. If they had an unlimited plan it would be the best!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I have been very happy with my Hughes Net Sat service. I live in a coastal area with extreme weather..and if my WiFi has gone out it has never been for over 12 hours. My only drawback is the ability to stream things like Netflix and On Demand - sometimes it can take a while to access and often drops out- but I’m not sure if that is due to my DishTV service or my HughesNet WiFi or a combination.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I have always had great service from HughesNet. Wish they were located on the valley and I would use them there. I have had prompt service when it was needed. Outage on Munds Park has been minimal. Thanks for great service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

The Internet has to be one of the worst that I have ever seen. They promise me one thing and never gave us what we promise. The one guy I talk to say there were no cabs on the Internet. We’re lucky to get .04 down low and sometime one point to upload.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I turn my service back on from suspension and it was used up in two days.. When I first hooked the service up it work great and more than 12 device was hooked in June. I had least device and it was out after that.. I can’t watch Tv or use my computer for work purposes. My two week vacation nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

So far, other than a somewhat slow initial reception (to a great deal corrected by an astute tech rep) and--very anticipated-- weather related problems (wet snow covering sat. dish reducing/stopping reception) I find the service adequate. My experience with service providers is that, while the initial service is usually quite good, it seems to degrade over time. In that area, HughesNet remains to be tested. Another consideration is that, frequently, Internet services billings seem to be prone to 'minor' charges which inflate the monthly charges. Again, HughesNet remains to be tested. I find myself skeptical regarding both performance AND cost. Time will tell.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I wish I never got them. It very very slow and sometimes it stops. I wish I went was Att. This sucks. I have call them 3 times. They came out 2 times. Still sucks!!!! No good. No good. Go with att. I wish I did!!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

This is the worst provider I have ever had or dealt with. They lied to me about their services and quality. When I tried to cancel they forced me to hire a technician. Then they promised to refund me but kept my money instead. This is a bunch of fraudulent liars who will steal your money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Great service adviser going to try and see if service was corrected and if so was having a non service experience and called in to get it checked and updated seems to have been in a timely manner. Agent was fast helpful and informative, courteous, an asset to the service side.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Customer service was/is very helpful in resolving any questions or issues with my account. I do very much appreciate it when a knowledgeable representative is on the other end of the line! Good job! Keep it up...

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

The main problem we have is slow internet and especially streaming movies! Recently we had no internet connection because of weather problems at our "gateway" location. Where is our gateway location??? The tech was very helpful in finding this info out for us. Very polite and willing to help resolve the issue. How can we resolve the streaming problem??

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Very understanding and helpful resolving an issue due to circumstances of covid and personal problems preventing us from getting to our winter home where our service from Hughesnet is. Was able to extend my temporary pause until we can safely travel. Thank you for your help and understanding!!!

HughesNet Company Information