Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5
Based on 3,195 ratings submitted in the last year

HughesNet offers the world’s largest satellite network currently serving over 1.2 million customers across North and South America. A global leader, they offer broadband satellite technology and services for both residential and commercial properties, including their flagship high-speed satellite Internet service, HughesNet®.

HughesNet Gallery (2)
View More View More

HughesNet Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 24, 2020

The customer service I have received has been terrible. The phone number doesn't work. And the chat line takes forever to get a response. The whole purchase has been a mistake!!!! I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: March 24, 2020

This internet has been giving us problems ever since it was installed 2 weeks ago! It's almost been 3 weeks now and I have used 0 data/mg due to my TV constantly buffering every 2 minutes. All the lights on my modem are on. The service is not working at all. When I call customer service I'm always on hold for at least an hour. Yesterday I was finally able to get ahold of someone. She was not able to help me. During the middle of our conversation we somehow got disconnected and I never even received a callback. This internet service and customer service is HORRIBLE! If no one can come out this week and get this situated, I will be canceling service effective immediately! $80 a month for what??

Original review: March 24, 2020

Installer said thick pads would be put under dish. Wasn't done. Black goop was put on top of 7 screws, now when we have dish taken off roof it will need patches on roof. Our roof is 4 1/2 years old. Cancelled after 6mths. Poor reception and service. Paid half of cancel fee. Request to waive other half.

Original review: March 24, 2020

The service is terrible. Do not ever want to deal with these people again. Save your time and go somewhere else!! I canceled the service after a week. Horrible and then they charged my card two months later when I didn’t even have their service anymore. I’ve been trying to get my money back ever since. Do not use this service.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Hughes Net are professionals. Installation was super easy. Good product, good price. They were a pleasure to deal with. I am very satisfied. The internet is very fast, they customized what I needed according to my usage, example business use or gaming use of just general pleasure use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?

Original review: March 24, 2020

My internet was slow and the service was irritating. Mario was very informative as to why my service was having so many problems. His customer service skills was very professional and very patient. I wish I was more internet savvy.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Held on phone for 44 minutes, got bad connection in the Philippines and they said hang up and they would return call. They didn't return call. I called back and held for 53 minutes and got a girl that couldn't speak English well enough to even carry on a conversation. I tried several times to chat. It would tell me there were 58 people in ahead of me, then the count would start going up to 62, 63, etc and nobody would ever connect with me on chat. Hughes-Net service is so bad it takes me over 2 hours to upload a 3 minute video. Most of the time a photo will not even upload on Facebook.

My upload speed is 0.49. and if you check that on another site besides Hughes-Net, it is not even a fourth of that.. Only difference in Hughes-Net and the ole dial up is the price. Got to be careful about calling in to complain with Hughes-Net because one time I did that and they upped my monthly fee by $15.00. Because I complained, they said that I upgraded. It is almost impossible to contact this company unless you calling for the sales dept and they will shoot you a line and then your service will get slower and slower.. I am looking for anything at present to cancel my contract with these people.

Original review: March 24, 2020

The internet package that was offered to me is not enough to maintain my household. I tried to call customer service and get it resolved and they had no solution. I've tried several times to call and cancel and each time they hang up on me saying they don't have enough technicians that can deal with my problem. I've only had my service for 3 days and I've been trying to cancel for two. I want my HughesNet canceled immediately.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Excellent service! She treats me like I suppose to be treated. The young lady wanted to make sure she answered all the questions I asked in a very pleasant way. She made sure all my needs were met. I take my hat off to her. She was very well informed. Be bless.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Upgrade of service. The service was very well done. I could not have been more pleased! The rep. spoke very good English, she knew what she was doing, and made sure I understood all the information I was given. This was one of the best contacts I have done over the phone.

Original review: March 23, 2020

100% satisfied with help considering I'm a dumb ** that didn't know my passcode was on back of router... lol. Could use a cost cut though as I'm on a fixed income. The person was kind, patient and very helpful...also drop my bill down, please.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I had my issues resolved in a professional manner. I thank the agent who helped me because I didn't think I would be able to get my bill paid on time. The process was quick and easy to understand. Thanks a million.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I have never had this service, but they keep hounding me with emails. I wish they would stop. I have called it spam, sent them emails, tried everything I can, but they won't stop. This is a total waste of time. They send me bills for nothing. I have never had this service, why don't they wake up.

Original review: March 23, 2020

She was extremely helpful. Took her time to explain. She gave all the information I needed. Worked on finding promotions. Let me know if the gigabytes we're not where I wanted them. I can call back and upgrade at anytime.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Call in about the 30th time. Slow internet. It's been a month. Still can't stream. The tech was rude. He hanged up in my face. My husband call back. We just want it working and why free tv won't play. We had AT&T 14 year. Never had this happen. Sorry we change.

Original review: March 22, 2020

This is not the answer to rural internet. The first week fine service. Now internet is like dial up reliving the 90s. Called for support but they couldn't do ** because the signal is generated in Colorado or Nevada and couldn't troubleshoot because of storms there. This is service for a business and I have lost substantial income because of this. I have to trouble so I am not at home to call and be on the phone constantly for Hughes Net convenience. This just plain sucks!!!

Original review: March 22, 2020

The person I chatted with tried very hard to help. However we did not fix. I will try again a little later. I can and will do without service at my place. I can use a friends service for a few weeks. When I DO get it fixed, I hope to get credit for the time I was without. I am confident you guys will help.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Had internet installed at my father's house. First appt for 2/22 8-11... Called HughesNet @ 11:15 & was told driver hit deer & not going to make it. Driver called my house @ 8:30 to tell me, but I was at my Dad's where installation was to be. They didn’t give him my cell #. Second appt for 2/29 between 8-11, tech arrived 11:30-12. Another charge shows up in my account. I call & it was for something I didn’t sign up for. Had to go through hassle of canceling that. I regret the decision to go with HughesNet????

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have had the best in customer support by a young lady who spent a great deal of time and patience to ensure I had my problem solved. In doing so, I opted to upgrade my data usage, not because I needed to but because of the service I had been provided.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Scott ** was very knowledgeable and helpf..ul. Before I talked to Scott I had called a number for my area **..the night before...Finally hung up because I was on hold so long. Someone called my phone awhile later and said, "Who is this"..I said, "Who this"..he said.."You called my number"..I had no idea who it was because he did not idenify himself. I called Hughes # again in the morning..man answered,,said, "I called you last night"..very rude..I said, "I did not know who you were"..He hung up on me..I called back all I got was voice mail...I want complaint filed against this rude person..

Original review: March 20, 2020

Being a customer for 10 years service has got bad the last year slow internet after upgrading to Gen 5 service got worse. Using the internet less now and started running out of data. According to customer service we are using data while we're in bed asleep with everything turned off. They say we need to upgrade to a more expensive plan. We are shopping for a new provider now.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Internet doesn’t run at the speed the salesperson tells you it will. They also claim you can connect up to 12 devices which is not true! There are many times I cannot connect one! They talk about peak time being difficult yet they don’t tell you peak time is ALL DAY! Customer service doesn’t listen. Tech came out to install, drove in my yard, took down parts of a previous dish and just left them in my yard for me to find two days later. Mishandled a piece of furniture that was a family heirloom even after I told him I would be the only one to move it. He didn’t care. Slung it around like it was Nothing! Requested a different tech day 2 because it wasn’t working but rep didn’t care and said I’m stuck with the same guy.

Service sucks all around with these people! If you don’t pay on time they will directly pull it out of your account! They don’t respond to surveys. Oh and the best part once your hooked up and find out it’s JUNK you can’t get out of their contract without paying over $400! I’ll be turning them in and how dare they touch my bank account?!!!

Original review: March 19, 2020

Internet speed was not fast as if was supposed to be. The service tech was very helpful. Speed seemed to improve after the call. It still is not as fast as I would like it to be. The phone service was not great and it was difficult to understand the technician. He was very patient and was able to help.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Have had this service phone and internet for nearly 3 months and the experience has been a nightmare. I just finished a call on hold for 38 minutes... The 20th call in three weeks... And ended up with the same nonsense. It's always someone or something else's fault. The internet right now is running according to their own test at 1.45 mps download and 1.28 upload. That is non existent. I got so upset and raised my voice and the rep if you can call him that just disappeared and disconnected me. Do not ever get this service. I have just been trying in vain to restore my files after my computer crashed. I will be 100 before that happens at this rate. Even the phone is worthless as it continues to disconnect while I am on the phone. They do not even deserve to be called a business. Do not ever buy. They owe me a $100 card which they never even sent to me as well.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have not had speed that I am paying for since I got Hughes Net. I want to cancel my contract. I get the same excuse every time call. Very poor service. I am very dissatisfied with the performance and service.

Original review: March 19, 2020

My experience with the operator, that helped me was great, he took the time to make sure that my internet was working properly. Surely appreciate it. Now I'm able to watch and stream properly. Thanks. We really appreciate. Good job.

Original review: March 18, 2020

He was so helpful. He couldn't find the issue right off, so I suggested seeing if moving the modem closer to the dish would help, but I had to work at it to get the cable to my window upstairs and had to hang up and call back after I moved it.

Original review: March 17, 2020

The company was having some website issues, so my request had to be input manually. Jose, called me back to get the information & completed my request. He was very helpful & knowledgeable. He wanted to make sure that I had any other questions & asked if there was anything more he could do to make me happy.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I had used Frontier but hit a glitch with them so thought I would shift to Hughes. Very bad mistake! In no way (except perhaps tiny print) do they communicate that the service operates with a quota system. That is, if you use up your allotted time (which quickly disappears with any streaming/downloading) then you are out of luck until the next calendar month. Say what??!! When I called to complain they said for a mere $30 extra I would get more. More but not enough. Also they were very keen to stress I was entitled to 'free' usage - oh, but only during the every so NOT convenient window of 2am to 7am. Yes, I kid you not. This is quite a sham and shameful of them to not fully disclose how limited their service is... Oh, when the increased $30 more monthly still did not meet needs, I was offered... a more premium plan for yet another $30 per month. Biggest bad decision ever made. Plus I now have an unsightly satellite on our roof. Bah humbug. Stay clear, folks.

Original review: March 17, 2020

The customer service representative was very helpful and polite and was able to take of my issue without any problems at all. I was taken care of in a timely manner. Thank you so much Hughes Net and Jesus is King.

HughesNet Company Information