Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.50/5
Based on 3,075 ratings submitted in the last year

HughesNet offers the world’s largest satellite network currently serving over 1.2 million customers across North and South America. A global leader, they offer broadband satellite technology and services for both residential and commercial properties, including their flagship high-speed satellite Internet service, HughesNet®.

HughesNet Gallery (2)

HughesNet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?

Original review: June 28, 2020

Internet and voice service. I was pleased how it was installed fast, on both and works great. I also was happy with the price for what I use on the internet, and pleased with the voice plan. Thanks for all that you provide for people. Good luck in future dealings with your service. Keep it coming..

Original review: June 28, 2020

I'm very happy. No buffering, speed good, data usage good. I am very pleased with picture quality. My last service was slow, frequent buffering and at times could not even connect to wi-fi and I paid more. So far this plan and speed work for our family. I would recommend Hughes Net.

Original review: June 28, 2020

The only trouble I have is I can't pay my bill with my phone. My bank number has more digits than is allowed in your billing system on phone. It says 10 to 12 digits and my account has more digits. It just causes me more trouble.

Original review: June 28, 2020

My router stopped working. I called and talked to a lovely man who told me they would send someone out to fix it, without charge He even wanted to credit my account for the 5 days I would be without service. I suggested they just send me a new router, but he said they would rather send out a technician. The tech showed, replaced the router and said he checked the dish and the support arm had been installed backwards, so he 'fixed it'. Service was even slower than before.. O'well. 18.89 upload and 0.91 download... mud! I look at my bill and they charged me $125.00.

After 45 minutes and 2 supervisors they gave me a credit, refused to refund. I took my service off auto pay, $5 a month charge, but I lost all trust. Just for the heck of it I had my girlfriend who also has Hughes net call them and said she had the same problem, they told her they would send a tech to her house FREE of charge. They are crooks! I know people don't always check their bills and they are ripping people off!!!!

Original review: June 28, 2020

When the Tech arrived to install my Dish/HughesNet service, he had been given the wrong GPS coordinates. In fact, the whole work order was in a mess. He could not install the Internet service until the work order was cancelled, my refund posted, and then I had to call and get a new work order prepared, which took a few days. No problem with the Dish service. When the HughesNet system was installed we learned that the coax cable in the house was not adequate to the job, and had to go full wireless. The 20GB service I purchased is SSSLLLOOOWWW. It's certainly not up to streaming movies, and I am frustrated every time I try to surf the net or even pay bills online. So, no, I'm not a happy customer.

Original review: June 28, 2020

My Internet went out and when I called for service, Ryan assisted me quickly and scheduled a tech to check my modem immediately. I felt relieved and grateful for his sense of urgency to remedy my dilemma. Thank you Ryan and Hughes Net for taking care of me!

Original review: June 28, 2020

It took about four days to complete the repairs, but with the help of consumer support, it was finally working fine. The technician was cordial and responsive to our needs. He gave us a good explanation of what he was doing, and problems in was dealing with.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I have had no problems. The technician was cool meaning polite when he came. Done a great job. He let me know what was going on when he was connecting it and I get the very best signals so far. He done a great job even though he had a family emergency on this day. After he took care of it he came right on and did his good job for me.

Original review: June 28, 2020

So far very happy. Not quite as fast as Optimum, but barely noticeable. Overall though more reliable. Still awaiting first bill and am not sure yet how that compares. Glad DISH had this relationship as that was my biggest holdback in dumping cable.

Original review: June 28, 2020

It's great. It does everything that I wanted and more. Works great. Thanks so much. Greatly appreciated and God bless. Stay safe. I have no problems with the internet or the phone. It's all great. Just love it. Thanks again.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Enjoying my service so far. My only concern is using the app and keeping up with my data. I don’t think the app update frequently. Overall I am please with my service. I will be recommending HughesNet to a friend.

Original review: June 28, 2020

It is getting slower and slower, I used to have excellent speed but here in the last month it is decreasing drastically. Also I don't like the fact that when you log out you have to close your browser. Other than these two things I am satisfied. I wish they could move my dish on the house.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I called HughesNet in May to get a discount on my bill. They told me that I would get $30 off for May, June and July. When I was charged for my May and June bill, there was no discount. I was charged the full amount.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Signal isn’t always good. Lost connection why trying to submit this. Now says lost signal. This is too funny. Please let me know how I can have better service. I would love to tell you it is great but not yet.

Original review: June 28, 2020

As far as broadband width 0 star rating. After many attempts to watch on demand movies we gave up due to constant buffering. We will be canceling our service with you. Many attempts day or night with no reception. Keys download rate of 240.

Original review: June 28, 2020

The technician was very courteous professional and took care of my problem and went further and replaced older equipment. Super nice person. I was impressed by his manners and professionalism. He was early for the appointment and was done and gone in no time.

Original review: June 28, 2020

If you live in the country, do not expect to receive advertised speeds. If it rains or is cloudy, no signal. Customer service is okay, but you pay for it. Not a good value for the monthly fee, but is better than nothing.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Too slow to watch anything. I tried to watch my church service and it was garbled and jerky in motions.... Otherwise I am happy to be a customer of Hughes... The price is reasonable in comparison to other carriers.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Way too much buffering!! Period... It's very maddening when you're in the middle of trying to glean information about certain subjects or items and you get buffering every ten to fifteen seconds or so, sometimes even longer, really frickin nerve racking. I don't suppose there's anything y'all can do???

Original review: June 28, 2020

The tech was very professional: on time, courteous, efficient and respectful. The install was seamless, and we are very happy with the service. We would strongly recommend this service to any other people in the remote part of Minnesota we reside. Thank you.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Maintenance to roof attachment wind blew off. Had to come and reattach with longer screws. Don't know what else to tell you. Guy came out. Crawled up there. Screwed in new screws to hold it to the roof much tighter.

Original review: June 28, 2020

When you call and ask them to do something they don't listen. They do what they want and I was told my bill was 71.84. After two years it went up 10.00. I had to take another 2 years contract to get the 10.00 removed. My sister in law was going to cancel and you lowered her bill to 49.00 and no contract. I don't think that is fair.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I recently had a problem getting my internet. It was a technical problem. The technician arrived and replaced old cables and problem solved. He was very courteous and professional. I would definitely recommend Hughes.net to other people. I have never had a problem with them. They have always taken care of my problems in a professional manner.

Original review: June 28, 2020

For what we pay to have you bring your hi-speed internet to our home is cost too much and not that fast. You should rename your hi-speed to very very very slow speed. I don't need more than what I said about your service.

Original review: June 28, 2020

The bank had cancelled my card without warning, my bill was ready. I called and was able to get an extension. Have since paid it. I really appreciate it. I have no problems with your service. Thank you for being so understanding and kind.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Had called and been told that we could get Gen 5, price 49.99 modem would be shipped. Called back cause didn't receive modem, guy checked. Said modem should be delivered 6/20, still nothing, called again. Told there was never an order put in for us to receive modem or Gen 5. If we want it, it is 59.99 a month and don't get much more than what we have. No thanks. Have been with Hughes Net for quite sometime now.

Original review: June 28, 2020

This Hughes Net dish don't work when it's cloudy or rained or my wireless house phone can't uses it and that bad. Ya need something work better. My Directv dish work good in rain. If ya got something better I buy it. I done upgrade. I need my phone for my job.

Original review: June 28, 2020

My HughesNet was installed two weeks ago and my biggest problems are the system is slow and when I want to see a movie or video on YouTube the system is really bad. Most of the time I have to restart the application many times. Don’t like and not satisfied.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Still not using my internet, don't understand. I called your customer service. Never got hold of anyone. Poor service. Going to cut the service off. Come Monday I don't need this in my life. Never answer the phone that not professional. Thank you.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Only two weeks into contract service is as poor as can be. Trouble with internet connection having issues with downloading videos from YouTube and Netflix, called 2 times in 2 weeks. Talked to technical support but no satisfaction. Do I need to change? Service satisfaction seems to be a problem.

HughesNet Company Information