3.1/5 (1336 ratings)

About HughesNet

HughesNet Gen5 offers a range of plans with fast speeds, built-in Wi-Fi and No Hard Data Limits, so you can do more of everything you love online. Available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.

Pros

• Simple plans
  • No hard data caps
  • Good for rural areas
  • 24-month price lock

Cons

• Expensive cancellation
  • May be slow

Bottom Line

HughesNet offers a variety of benefits, like no hard data caps and a 50 GB bonus zone. While plans are limited and canceling is expensive, the service can be affordable and effective for rural homes and business owners.

HughesNet Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HughesNet?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Not really happy of how my internet is working, can't really have two tvs on without it freezing up and have to load every 5-6 mins and specially paying what I'm paying. No bueno, hope there's a fix for this.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Very professional...from customer service to Tech installation. Knowledgeable and courteous from start to finish. Great communication and willingness to assist so we are glad we decided on HughesNet once again. Will recommend to all my family and friends that have the need for this type of service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Tech was friendly and he did a great job! He called the night before which I appreciated so we could discuss how and where we wanted it. Then he was able to find a good place to install it that we agreed with.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Streaming is terrible, that's when it gives you a picture. First weekend to use it, and very disappointed with use. Takes a very long time to connect, even when I try to pause, to let it catch up, it still doesn't work.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Our installer was very good at communicating with us, providing a great installation, and helping us with using the new system. He was a really nice guy, very personable. I would recommend him to anyone. We’re enjoying our new internet service! Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Installer late but still got job done. Extra effort to get best signal. Explain how unit works and did a test on connection. Over two weeks and still working. I'm not using the extra gas yet I'm not a person who's up after 2:00 am.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The repairman Showed up quickly and found the problem which was a corroded wire, right away. The repairman was Very professional! I have had HughesNet for only 5 months now & I would highly recommend HughesNet!! So happy with my service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The Hughes tech rushed in and out of here and never explained anything and now I find I am not connected to my two tv's so now I can't get the on demand stations or Netflix. As I am not computer literate, I will have to wait for my son to come here from Vermont. That won't be until Christmas.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Made 3 calls to attempt resolution, calls were disconnected. After going through unplug & replug still no resolution. After 2hrs finally discovered & fixed myself. This is the NOT the standard customer service I've experienced in the past 14 yrs. Seriously hope it is the last.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Very helpful and friendly. App was not working properly the original day of installation. They came the next day early and on time. Showed how to use the device. Put the dish in exactly where we wanted. Explained how big the pole was on phone. And very polite to my daughter. Helped my daughter set up the system. And set up a username.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

My WiFi still sucks I don’t understand why! I only have one bar of signal. At least I can play my ap games, unlike my service with CenturyLink. If there is something that Hughes net can do to improve my WiFi signal please let me know.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Can’t really keep up with Netflix and streaming. With video cameras, I have to set it to a very low quality. Wish the ping can be faster or any way for fixing this? The service technician was the man and definitely did it a great job with installation and how professional he was.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

We have lived off grid for 30 years. In that time we have gone from two way radio, to cellular phones, cellular phones with 1000 dollar boosters, to nothing thanks to cellular service providers deeming us unimportant. So now satellite VoIP. So far it is amazing! We have phone, and wifi that So far are reliable!! We wish the dish was less a prominent feature of our home. But it works, hopefully it will be the final solution.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I need to switch my due date to the 3rd rather than the 30th of each month because I get paid once a month and pay all my bills at once. Customer service rep stated I needed to call in to do that. I don’t have time to go that.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Upgraded to Gen 5 from 9000 service. Can't send email with Windows Live Mail on Hughes account! What are email settings? (Old ones not work!) What is Function of USB port on modem??? No PRINTED documentation was provided with the installation!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I should have trusted those who warned me about the slow internet! It takes so long to load a page that it pains me! No wonder they have you sign a 2-year commitment, have get their money if you cancel! Lose connection too often!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Great service by a friendly and technically savvy technician! He arrived on time, diagnosed what was wrong and solved the problem in minutes! It is rare these days to receive such quality and timely service by a genuinely friendly individual. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Excellent internet. Speed is fast and no issues so far. My son is glad that we got it. My entire family is happy with the internet connection. Streaming tv shows can be slow depending upon what time of the week it is.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I bought a new house at Adelanto CA. When I asked Spectrum to install the internet for me. The Technician came and found the underground wire could not go through to my house. I search online and found HughesNet who solve my big problem. Their service is good. Price is better. I introduce HughesNet to my friends and agent.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Setting up the service was easy and the technician was responsive to our requests. Our house is surrounded by many trees and we were concerned that some might have to be cut down in order to install the dish. However the technician. Even though we are in a very rural area the Internet is working fine. So glad we have the service now.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I like the service so far. We are pleased with this service. The guy who helped us very good at his job. The internet site very helpful as well informative on checking our account information. Thank you very much for this service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The technician was very courteous. Even though the job took much longer than expected, he stayed with the job until the project was completed and my connection was secured. He was very professional and hard-working. I could tell that he was very experienced!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The Telephone Representative and the Field Technician were Prompt, knowledgeable, and very helpful. The Speed and quality of the upgrade to 5G internet service is outstanding. It far exceeds what we ever expected. The cost works well with our budget.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

It took some time to get it connected but the consultant was good and patient. And just as I was sending this, it happened again internet disconnected. Why is it doing this? Now second time has just happened. Connection lost.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I think that the service is very good, but it's a little slower than what I'm used to. Do you have another program that's a bit faster? If so, could you tell me the price? The installer did a great job of positioning the dish between the trees... even when the wind blows.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We don't have many options where we live. We went with Viasat for 2¹/² years. We hate the service. It was so unreliable! We switched to Hughes Net recently and it is AMAZING!! We run a business and homeschool. We're finally able to do everything we need to do, without wondering if the internet is going to cooperate!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I had researched other internet companies, they either didn't serve my area or required us to purchase services we didn't need or want. Hughes Net services our area and provides exactly what we need. In over 2 years we had no issues. When I recently had an issue they responded very speedy and had our service back up and operational in no time at all. Very happy with HughesNet.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

From the day of installation it was slow and buffers annoyingly through movies, sometimes halting them. Same with music. Some things like local news are okay. Multiple calls (maybe 4?) have not resolved the problem by tweaking the settings. Question? Can my "Firestick" be the problem? Because everyone says my service is strong. Please respond. Mark **

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The tech was very professional, but the service is very slow and weak. It takes forever to do anything. It took me over an hour to update your apps. When your contract is up I will be looking for other options.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The price is good. The service is great. Works like it should. I am very happy!! I would suggest to anyone to try this service, I live off grid and this was the only service that would work as needed.

HughesNet Company Information