Atlantic Broadband

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I tried requesting cable and internet from the company in Augusta, GA. Called WOW - 1-855-478-8148. Maybe if we all call them they may but out ABB and add 50K+ users in the area. I always have slow service and they want $80 a month just for internet.

This is the 4 time I have called them. The wait time is crazy. First time 3 hours set up for a call back no one called in 6 1/2 hours. Now this is phone service!!! They have been out 4 times!!! Changed everything in the house! Moved the phones, got rid of the old wall phone, 2 new modems, new wiring! And the computer keeps on freezing. They tell me the supervisor knows about it. It's some kind of SDR contraption on the pole. This is getting old. I'm ready to go back to Verizon. If you're thinking about doing a bundle with Atlantic Broad Band please think again. All they do is raise the rates and the customer service awful! And for price I have to pay is more than my health insurance!!! need to do something about this ASAP. One can only hope a more reliable company buys them in the USA. I heard they are owned by a company in Canada. Yep that makes a lot of sense! If you are thinking about Atlanticbb think and rethink!

I got Atlantic broadband for internet, because I had to. They are the only one where I live. They keep raising the price, and my internet is slow, very slow. It is supposed to be the fastest they have. I have had them for about 3 years now and it keeps getting worse. So to anyone that is thinking about getting their service, Do not get it. If you can, get someone else.

Enough is enough I had with feeds, the high prices with bad service from this company, "the shenanigans" when cable cost is more than a car payment. It's time to say bye bye good & riddance. You made it so easy for me to cut cord and for all disgruntled customers out there? Tell Atlantic Broadband to take a hike too. When you cancel your service don't call them. Take their equipment back to their office. They are going to give the runaround with bad attitude. Remember over the air their no fees, high bill like this company 80+ channels. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. Wake people. They are ripping you off.

This is for the people that's thinking about getting atlantic broadband. DON'T!!! If you can get satellite do that. They make you pay for channels you don't watch. If you try to drop them you'll lose the channels that you do watch. If you have a problem with their cable box they set up an appointment. Count on them to very late and if you have to set another appointment that will a few days later. In the meantime you will be without and then they charge you for them day and then they charge you for a service call and they will be very late. My appointment was from 8:30 to 10:30 and I'm still waiting and it is now 2:48. That's 5 hours late. If I'm late on my bill they charge a late fee. If you have choice DON'T!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

I hope enough people write these reviews about Atlantic Broadband so they'll be forced to close! When I originally called them I was told since my new address never had service from them, they would have to see if it was serviceable and it would take 24 hrs. I called 32 hours later only to be told that it'll be 3 days before they can check. So I had to call them again since apparently they don't know how to call people back. I was told there would have to be some "construction" done. I asked what that meant and was told he didn't know and a technician would call me.

Days went by and no call... so I figured they didn't want my business so I had to go with another company who is awful too! I then find out from my neighbor that Atlantic Broadband's box is on the pole in my yard!!! Really?! So what is this construction??? I call them again and told them that because of their incompetent employees, I now have to deal with a company with lousy internet service! They didn't care.

Then they sent me one of their offers so I called again and spoke with a supervisor. Guess what?? They are as incompetent as the other employees I spoke to! Again they said they would give me a package deal but I'm on my own if I want to get out of my contract with this other company. I told them that it's their fault that I went with this other company and now pay double!! They didn't care. I spoke then to someone above her - Incompetent! To wrap all this up, Atlantic Broadband is worse than the company I'm currently with! I'm glad to see these other reviews, since this will definitely prevent me from ever getting service from them in the future. I would NEVER recommend them and will definitely tell others not to choose them.

There must be graft going on a Miami Beach City Hall for this disgusting company to have an exclusive lock on Miami Beach. As others have written, they richly deserve to be put out of business. Cable keeps going out, no way to easily check the charges on my bill, terrible TERRIBLE service, long waits to talk to someone on the phone. Streaming can't come too soon to offer an option. Is Mr. Levine the mayor aware of how much people HATE this company? He should be ASHAMED!!!

I pay for their unleashed internet service which boasts 120 Mbps. Right now I'm getting SEVEN... 7 Mbps and for the past month 22 Mbps at the most. My upload speed is higher than my download speed which is unheard of... I've called customer service, waited on hold for 35 minutes, only to be told they don't know what's going on and I have to wait over a week for a technician. Aiken County is being held over a barrel because there aren't many high-speed internet companies in the county so ABB can continue to overpromise and underdeliver.

They hijack my browser with Atlantic Broadband surveys! When I refuse to take the survey, they just wait a little while and pop up another window. The offending survey website is http://www.surveyupdateddaily.com/. The offending organization is their parent company Atlantic Broadband Finance. Their tech support claims not to know what's going on, pretending that it must be a problem with my virus protection.

The service hardly ever works and there are many outages on a weekly basis. Company will not refund you for outages unless you call and ask, which takes about an hour. Horrible service and it is a monopoly.

Today there is no video input for BS. It has been out for 4 hours. I have been on hold for an hour trying to get to a customer representatives, listening to their commercials about how they offer telephone support 24/7. I tried to log in to my account and the login failed - 3 times. I know I am putting in the correct log in and password but it will not let me log in.

We have been without cable since last week and now this week. No one is listening. Not one ABB person is helping. This is the worse company ever. We call every day and stay home for the technician and we get no response. Thinking of going with ATT!!!

This company has very serious security issues that have been verified with them however they have done absolutely nothing to fix them. Not only are they a threat to their own consumers both residential and commercial and those who communicate with them but also their own staff. More can be read about their security problem here: http://www.atlanticbroadband.com. Cogeco purchased this company and their president is also fully aware there is a serious security problem, yet they have still not fixed the problem. This is bad business ethics of the highest level.

I'm a student. My budget is tight and I'm shocked abusive practices of Atlantic Broadband. For a week of service, I paid $68 and now he asks me to settle their $106 (after having me demand over $550) while they recover their equipment in good condition. This makes expensive week and I'm afraid to be registered as bad payer but $170 for a week of service seems too excessive to me. Someone can help me please?

I tried for three days at any time to get in touch with their call center - no success. They have a monopoly in Miami Beach and the worst service orientation I have ever experienced. There isn't even an email address to get in touch. They scheduled an appointment with one of their technicians - nobody showed up nor did I receive a call regarding any delay.

Ever since Atlantic Broadband took over MetroCast, I have been having difficulty receiving my statement in the mail. I last received it in December, 2015. Rather than taking care of this situation, Atlantic Broadband sends a threatening voicemail and you have to either pay the bill by phone or they cut your service. They claim that they have the correct mailing address for me but I do not receive their bill. I refuse to continue paying the bill by phone so they cut my service. A gentleman from Atlantic Broadband called my cell phone last night and I told him the whole situation (AGAIN) and he totally understood. He said they have had many customers with the same situation. He said to call customer service. Atlantic Broad is very ugly to deal with, they don't care about their customers!

I'm not sure how to write how negative an experience I am having with these folks. I have called every night for 2 weeks straight and remained on hold for over 1h waiting for a pickup. One time a guy actually answered only to tell me it needed to be escalated, transferred me, and I again remained on hold for 47 mins... And then the system hung up. This company is ridiculous!!!

My experience with Atlantic Broadband customer service has been terrible. They treat me like I owe something to them. Took 3 calls to solve a simple problem related to log in to my HBO go account. And a second call regarding the slow internet speed. I was supposed to get download speed at 120 Mb, and was doing 10 to 15Mb. Was on hold for half an hour. Hang up. Will try to change to any other Internet/cable provider service. This is really incredible to pay for this kind of service.

Had no choice but to get Atlantic broadband in Miami Beach (south). The area where I have my property is monopolized by AB. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. From day one, Nov 2015, I have yet to go through a whole week without calling these bunch of parasites. The modem has been changed, cables have been changed yet there is an ongoing problem. They are liars and could care less for consumers. To get a hold of someone to talk to I calculated more than one hour. Totally disgusting. I was constantly put on hold to achieve nothing. Days on end without service and still waiting for credits for the days of no service. Very nice when you call them to subscribe but after that their excuse is that there's no service throughout the beach area.

I've been a paying customer for a few years. Overpaying like the rest that have no other choice due to the area they live in. You cannot call customer service without being put on hold for 20 plus minutes. Ever. The people that work for them are rude and not helpful at all. Atrocious. I have never written a review before for a company.

I changed plans a couple of month ago and the guy who came out to my house was very nice but talked and talked. I work at home and couldn't get anything done. And since then, the internet has never worked properly, but I dreaded calling and having the same guy come out and waste another morning. But our internet went out completely and there were no messages on the customer service line about outages, nor was there any info about them on the website, so I called. I was on hold for 45 minutes. The customer service representative who answered told me there was an outage and that she couldn't do anything about my persistent internet problems, that I would have to call back because she couldn't access my equipment.

I asked why she couldn't just take a customer complaint and have someone get back to me rather than force me to call back and be on hold for another long period. She insisted that it wasn't possible because they get thousands of complaints and can't possibly call back all of those people! When I said that I thought that customer service was supposed to make an attempt to solve my problem and they hadn't done it, she said, "I'm sorry that you feel that way." I pointed out that I didn't "feel" that way, it was a fact that she had let me wait on hold for 45 minutes only to refuse to offer any help. "I'm sorry you feel that way," she kept repeating, like this was some alternate reality and about my "feelings" rather than about a corporation that takes my money and doesn't provide the promised service.

I have been with this company since 2012 and my modem signal is always going in and out constantly throughout the day and night! It wasn't that bad before but I purchased a house last year and it has been a nightmare! The techs have been here so many times, I've lost count and I continue to have the same issue! I think the only thing they haven't done is switched my modem box and run a new line from my house to the pole. I keep asking them to try and replace the modem box as I think that could be the issue but the customer service rep just says "I will suggest that but I can't guarantee they will!"

What the heck?! What happened to "the customer is always right"?! I'm paying $170 a month just for the internet and cable! No phone service! I pay them enough every month so they should do it and honestly, what would it hurt at this point? They've tried almost everything else. Unfortunately I'm stuck with their poor service because I live in a small town and there are no other cable internet providers. I swear if there were, I'd leave in a heartbeat! I seriously think this cable company is shady and not just because of what I'm going through! Many other customers will agree.

I'm a pretty fair person and I understand problems arise no matter what company you go through, but this is ridiculous anymore! It's to the point where they're going to have to send a tech every month and every time they send a tech out, it takes a week or longer! They never offer me discounts for all my trouble unless I tell them I want one and then I will only get a few dollars off my bill! What the heck?! I've had techs out here numerous times and it always takes them a week or longer to get here so in the meantime, I'm stuck dealing with my internet going in and out constantly! I deserve more money off of bill than a few bucks! They wouldn't hesitate to shut my service off if I didn't pay my bill though!!! So annoyed with this company and it honestly makes my stomach turn! Shame on you, Atlantic Broadband!!!

Along with everyone else in my area, I lost my power and cable Friday, February 5th due to snow ladened tree limbs falling and taking the wires down with them.

The electric company cut and removed the brush and limbs and by midnight on Saturday my power was restored. Between the time I lost power and the time I regained it, I received 2 phone calls and messages reporting the progress they were making and my status relative to others. I was also able to check in on their site to see if the target time for my hookup had changed.

In the meantime my "new neighbor" (Atlantic BB had recently acquired Metrocast Cable who covered my area in CT and proceeded to inundate us with an advertisement campaign claiming there was a "new neighbor" in town...THEM). Well, they were quick to bump up the cost affecting most every feature they offered on January 1st. And then they disappeared. They cannot or they will not let me know where I stand or provide any insight as to when I can expect to be reattached. I rely on the net for my business from my home.

It's Monday evening and after driving around locally, they are nowhere to be found. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't filled our faces and our minds with all that neighbor propaganda. My neighbors and I would like for them to back up their bull and either get us hooked up or let us know if we can expect them here soon.

I really hope this gets to the correct person, corporate preferably. I would like to let you know about an incident that happened to me Jan 27, 2016. I would like to let you know I work from home so my internet is very important to me. Also I have a husband with many health problems which is why my phone service is important. Of course we all love to watch tv. I had an Atlantic Broadband technician come to my area yesterday and I noticed him working on the cable box that sits in my yard. I had no problems with my service so I was surprised to see anyone out there but I just figured they were working checking since we had the snow storm this week. I was in the middle of my day working and my internet went out. Again I figured they had to fix something. The next thing I know he is gone. No internet, no phone service, no cable.

I called the company and they told me they could get someone down here tomorrow. Really. It was working fine until the guy came down and messed with the box. After several phone calls, a couple of hours on the phone and honestly getting very nasty, they said they would get someone down that night, which they did. I honestly felt sorry for the guy that had to come and fix the previous person mistake, because the 'technician' if that is what you want to call him, that had come down earlier in the day had completely removed my cable and I mean completely pulled it out of the ground. Because it was so late the new tech had to run another cable across the ground to the house for us to have service. Thank goodness. In the snow, in the cold, in the dark, he did not give up and found the problem.

I do have a couple of questions, why would you pull a cable up that is hooked to a house? If there was an issue do you not think it would of been better to fix the problem, not that it was broke, then disconnect everything. Just to add to this problem, I am 66 years old and when I went out to show the tech the cable box I fell on the ice, did not get hurt thank goodness. Then as my grandson ran out to tell the tech everything was good he fell on the ice and ended up in the emergency room with a very badly sprained knee. Just because of one tech's mistake he completely set a whole household in turmoil. We are in an area where we do not have many options for cable or I would not be using your service any longer. I have been a long standing customer for quite a while and make sure my bill is always paid but I am very disappointed in how this whole issue started and ended.

Now they are telling me it will be 7 to 14 days before they can come out and correctly re-hook the cable. Hopefully nothing happens with it laying out in the open before they can get here to fix it. If I ever see another person near the cable box I will be out there watching their every step and make sure everything is correct before they leave I can tell you that. It is a shame when you pay as much as it cost just to have the service, which I feel is way too high, that someone can make such a stupid mistake.

When I signed up for their service everything was going smooth. I read the reviews people had but since this is a monopoly I had no other choice. For the first few months I had no issues with internet so I thought people were exaggerating about how horrible this company is. Fast forward five months and internet doesn't work at all. I managed to get it back albeit extremely slow (5 mbps). I called them to get the issue fixed and every time I do what they say the internet stops working. It took me several exhausting phone calls with their SPECIALISTS to figure out that there is something not right. They brought over a technician and he told me that my modem has an issue. When he put the company's modem while being on the line with an engineer it miraculously went back to normal speed ~ 80 mbps.

He told me that it's not their fault and the modem is broken. The trick worked on me I guess, so I bought the exact same modem he had and that didn't work at all. Before buying the new modem I called ARRIS about my existing modem to see if I can get them fix it. They took me through all the procedures and finally they looked at the data coming out from my modem itself. They showed me that Atlantic Broadband is giving me bad internet. I was supposed to be receiving 4 upstream channels when I only had 1. In addition the voltage was too high for the modem to handle. So I thought maybe they were not being honest. But when I brought the brand new modem it proved that Atlantic BB is not being honest at all.

Currently, I've been on the line for half an hour now waiting for someone to answer my phone call regarding this issue. I don't think someone will answer me any time soon. It's sad that the government is doing nothing about a horrendous company like this one. I've been paying on time and all this money has gone to waste because for the past 6 months I've had extremely slow internet. I usually need fast internet to play games or download important files. I would sue them if I knew how!!! This company stagnates productivity which makes them a threat to national security. I hope they get shut down soon. What a disgrace having a company like that in Miami.

Atlantic BB cable services, customer service (oxymoron) and technical service are all a sick joke. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Hours on hold for service, always one week or more for a service technician to be scheduled and the problem is NEVER theirs. It is ALWAYS a content provider. Funny thing, when you want to add services, your call is answered in seconds and the technician is out to install in a day or two for new install!

We have not been able to consistently access video on demand (VOD) for months. Their favorite fix is to "refresh the signal" or blame the equipment, blame the content provider, schedule a tech for service, we wait a week for him to come only to scoff at the company and say it is a system problem and that there isn't anything he can do. We upgraded to all new TiVo equipment thinking maybe that would solve the problem. What fools we are! Same crap, same poor service, same excuses, same no VOD. Where are the regulators and the people that are supposed to be looking after and monitoring these companies that have monopolies on these types of public services??? Atlantic BB is a vile, unconscionable company that should be put out of business.

We were having problems streaming movies and getting an on screen message that our internet speed was not adequate. I did an online check and found the internet upload and download speed was not as high as we were supposed to get with our plan. I called Atlantic Broadband and the automated message said that call volume was higher than normal and the wait could be long but I could leave a callback number and the next available representative would return my call. BTW, that is the message I have gotten every time I have called for as many years as I have had their service. I decided to wait for a while but 45 minutes later I could not wait any longer so I left a callback number. 2 hours later I got a callback but at the time I was in a movie theater and couldn't answer.

The next day my wife called Atlantic Broadband and after finally getting through she was transferred to technical support and was on hold for 3 hours without ever having anyone pick up in technical support. The next day I called back again and left a callback number and after a couple more hours finally got a return call. They did a test and confirmed our speed was not correct and said someone would come by in 2 days. That will be tomorrow... We'll see. There is no excuse to keep a customer on hold for 3 hours without answering. Problem is, they are the only internet company in town! Talking to friends, neighbors and even the local cell phone store, I am not alone in my frustration!

I do not what else I can add to all the other one star ratings this company gets, except when I went to cancel. I called their customer support and got answered within 5 minutes, but once I told them I want to cancel my account, the whole "hold on let me transfer you" happened. Of course, that line never got answered after 40 minutes. This company deserves to lose their FCC cable license and their CEO thrown in jail, not for letting their customers cancel over the phone, but for their monopolizing areas to extort their customers.

I have had ATLANTIC bb. for over 20 years. Their service sucks big time. They never answer their phones or return calls. Tonight was on hold for 2 1/2 hours with no help in sight. Supposedly a supervisor will call me tomorrow. Not holding my breath. They won't give me credit memo for 12 days of no service. Ryan in tech finally answers, gives me appointment for ONE week. How can I Saturday without a computer for that long. And then he transfers me to ANDREA that doesn't know her elbow from a hole in the wall. Does anyone know who I can replace them. It seems like they have a monopoly in Miami Beach. Think I will go with the hotspot and cancel them totally. I think everyone should do that and when they lose lots of customers, then they might care.

I have been trying for over a month to connect with a Customer Rep to cancel one channel from my accounts. All the numbers are always busy and the chat unavailable. Can somebody provide a number where they have been able to talk to somebody in the company? It will be high appreciated. Have a very happy Holiday season. My service address is in Miami Beach, FL 33141. Thanks. P.S. I cannot change provider because the Condo Association has a contract with this terrible company. Any help will be welcome. Happy Holidays.

Atlantic Broadband Company Profile