1.34/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Atlantic Broadband

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

157 Atlantic Broadband Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I signed up for Atlantic Broadband after being dissatisfied with Frontier. I received a promotion for 100 Mbps for 29.99 per month for a year. The service had been spotty (went in and out, lost signal a few times a day) and after MANY phone calls, they sent out a technician. The technician said it was a "coding issue" and could not fix the problem. It still isn't fixed, and my speed varies between 8-20 Mbps. Calling customer service is terrible. When calling hold times are ridiculous (I am on hold now as I type. Currently have been waiting 1 hour 17 minutes). Giving them one more try to fix it today and then I am switching to DishNet, which is my only other choice in my area. Not thrilled about DishNet's speed or price, but I have them for TV and customer service is good at least.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

For the past 3 weeks, we lose internet, cable, and phone for hours. Then last week we lost internet and phone for at least 3 hours. Today (Sept. 14) we are not able to log into our email. We run a business through our home and email is very important. Yes, I called and yes they have had a automated message up all day about outages all over the east coast. I have typed my password until I felt my fingers would bleed. This company has become junk. When we first signed on, no complaints. But this last month, nothing but trouble. Once my internet is up and running and I get past Atlantic Broadband homepage the computer works fine. I have no choice but to use this carrier, but if I can ever switch, I AM GONE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

They keep raising my monthly bill by adding sports surcharges or who knows what, and I don't care for sports at all, but there's no opt out option, take it or leave it, like everything else. They're a monopoly where I live, I'm in a condo and I don't have the choice to install a dish or anything else. The association won't allow it. I am seriously thinking of getting Sling TV but the only company that provides internet service in my area is AT&T and they require a contract which I'm not happy about either, because if I don't like their service I'm stuck with them for a full year.

Tried to get Atlantic Broadband to lower my bill by taking channels out or just canceling the TV service and keep the internet service only, but the difference in price was so ridiculous (just a couple of dollars less of what I'm paying now for practically getting rid of everything!) that it would not work out. I'm just tired of being at their mercy, I want out! But can't be without internet & TV either!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Horrible, horrible company that has Talbot county captive. They never showed up for an appointment. Waste of 6 hours. I am on hold for 49 minutes. Horrible horrible. I will be changing to anything else. They honestly do not care.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I am so very tired of calling Atlantic Broadband to have them troubleshoot my Cable internet access. Sunday morning 9.11.16, 8 am I'm calling AGAIN. I am not sure the number of times tech people have been here and I have had to miss work to be here... 5 times? 6? in the last year plus numerous calls in about my poor service that I pay for - a couple months ago when calling about the poor service I was told the modem was 3 generations old and why didn't I have a newer modem? Well it's because no one from Atlantic Broadband told me there was a problem with the one I had. This is getting old. This is a monopoly as there are no other cable providers in the area. In climbing the food chain who gets contacted next to complain about the poor service from ATLANTIC BROADBAND? FCC? WV Attorney General? Any help would be appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantic Broadband?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I tried requesting cable and internet from the company in Augusta, GA. Called WOW - 1-855-478-8148. Maybe if we all call them they may but out ABB and add 50K+ users in the area. I always have slow service and they want $80 a month just for internet.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

This is the 4 time I have called them. The wait time is crazy. First time 3 hours set up for a call back no one called in 6 1/2 hours. Now this is phone service!!! They have been out 4 times!!! Changed everything in the house! Moved the phones, got rid of the old wall phone, 2 new modems, new wiring! And the computer keeps on freezing. They tell me the supervisor knows about it. It's some kind of SDR contraption on the pole. This is getting old. I'm ready to go back to Verizon. If you're thinking about doing a bundle with Atlantic Broad Band please think again. All they do is raise the rates and the customer service awful! And for price I have to pay is more than my health insurance!!! need to do something about this ASAP. One can only hope a more reliable company buys them in the USA. I heard they are owned by a company in Canada. Yep that makes a lot of sense! If you are thinking about Atlanticbb think and rethink!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I got Atlantic broadband for internet, because I had to. They are the only one where I live. They keep raising the price, and my internet is slow, very slow. It is supposed to be the fastest they have. I have had them for about 3 years now and it keeps getting worse. So to anyone that is thinking about getting their service, Do not get it. If you can, get someone else.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Enough is enough I had with feeds, the high prices with bad service from this company, "the shenanigans" when cable cost is more than a car payment. It's time to say bye bye good & riddance. You made it so easy for me to cut cord and for all disgruntled customers out there? Tell Atlantic Broadband to take a hike too. When you cancel your service don't call them. Take their equipment back to their office. They are going to give the runaround with bad attitude. Remember over the air their no fees, high bill like this company 80+ channels. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. Wake people. They are ripping you off.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

This is for the people that's thinking about getting atlantic broadband. DON'T!!! If you can get satellite do that. They make you pay for channels you don't watch. If you try to drop them you'll lose the channels that you do watch. If you have a problem with their cable box they set up an appointment. Count on them to very late and if you have to set another appointment that will a few days later. In the meantime you will be without and then they charge you for them day and then they charge you for a service call and they will be very late. My appointment was from 8:30 to 10:30 and I'm still waiting and it is now 2:48. That's 5 hours late. If I'm late on my bill they charge a late fee. If you have choice DON'T!!!

Original review: July 29, 2016

I hope enough people write these reviews about Atlantic Broadband so they'll be forced to close! When I originally called them I was told since my new address never had service from them, they would have to see if it was serviceable and it would take 24 hrs. I called 32 hours later only to be told that it'll be 3 days before they can check. So I had to call them again since apparently they don't know how to call people back. I was told there would have to be some "construction" done. I asked what that meant and was told he didn't know and a technician would call me.

Days went by and no call... so I figured they didn't want my business so I had to go with another company who is awful too! I then find out from my neighbor that Atlantic Broadband's box is on the pole in my yard!!! Really?! So what is this construction??? I call them again and told them that because of their incompetent employees, I now have to deal with a company with lousy internet service! They didn't care.

Then they sent me one of their offers so I called again and spoke with a supervisor. Guess what?? They are as incompetent as the other employees I spoke to! Again they said they would give me a package deal but I'm on my own if I want to get out of my contract with this other company. I told them that it's their fault that I went with this other company and now pay double!! They didn't care. I spoke then to someone above her - Incompetent! To wrap all this up, Atlantic Broadband is worse than the company I'm currently with! I'm glad to see these other reviews, since this will definitely prevent me from ever getting service from them in the future. I would NEVER recommend them and will definitely tell others not to choose them.

Original review: July 23, 2016

There must be graft going on a Miami Beach City Hall for this disgusting company to have an exclusive lock on Miami Beach. As others have written, they richly deserve to be put out of business. Cable keeps going out, no way to easily check the charges on my bill, terrible TERRIBLE service, long waits to talk to someone on the phone. Streaming can't come too soon to offer an option. Is Mr. Levine the mayor aware of how much people HATE this company? He should be ASHAMED!!!

Original review: July 14, 2016

I pay for their unleashed internet service which boasts 120 Mbps. Right now I'm getting SEVEN... 7 Mbps and for the past month 22 Mbps at the most. My upload speed is higher than my download speed which is unheard of... I've called customer service, waited on hold for 35 minutes, only to be told they don't know what's going on and I have to wait over a week for a technician. Aiken County is being held over a barrel because there aren't many high-speed internet companies in the county so ABB can continue to overpromise and underdeliver.

Original review: July 14, 2016

They hijack my browser with Atlantic Broadband surveys! When I refuse to take the survey, they just wait a little while and pop up another window. The offending survey website is http://www.surveyupdateddaily.com/. The offending organization is their parent company Atlantic Broadband Finance. Their tech support claims not to know what's going on, pretending that it must be a problem with my virus protection.

Original review: July 13, 2016

The service hardly ever works and there are many outages on a weekly basis. Company will not refund you for outages unless you call and ask, which takes about an hour. Horrible service and it is a monopoly.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Today there is no video input for BS. It has been out for 4 hours. I have been on hold for an hour trying to get to a customer representatives, listening to their commercials about how they offer telephone support 24/7. I tried to log in to my account and the login failed - 3 times. I know I am putting in the correct log in and password but it will not let me log in.

Original review: June 26, 2016

We have been without cable since last week and now this week. No one is listening. Not one ABB person is helping. This is the worse company ever. We call every day and stay home for the technician and we get no response. Thinking of going with ATT!!!

Original review: June 15, 2016

This company has very serious security issues that have been verified with them however they have done absolutely nothing to fix them. Not only are they a threat to their own consumers both residential and commercial and those who communicate with them but also their own staff. More can be read about their security problem here: http://www.atlanticbroadband.com. Cogeco purchased this company and their president is also fully aware there is a serious security problem, yet they have still not fixed the problem. This is bad business ethics of the highest level.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I'm a student. My budget is tight and I'm shocked abusive practices of Atlantic Broadband. For a week of service, I paid $68 and now he asks me to settle their $106 (after having me demand over $550) while they recover their equipment in good condition. This makes expensive week and I'm afraid to be registered as bad payer but $170 for a week of service seems too excessive to me. Someone can help me please?

Original review: May 17, 2016

I tried for three days at any time to get in touch with their call center - no success. They have a monopoly in Miami Beach and the worst service orientation I have ever experienced. There isn't even an email address to get in touch. They scheduled an appointment with one of their technicians - nobody showed up nor did I receive a call regarding any delay.

Original review: May 7, 2016

Ever since Atlantic Broadband took over MetroCast, I have been having difficulty receiving my statement in the mail. I last received it in December, 2015. Rather than taking care of this situation, Atlantic Broadband sends a threatening voicemail and you have to either pay the bill by phone or they cut your service. They claim that they have the correct mailing address for me but I do not receive their bill. I refuse to continue paying the bill by phone so they cut my service. A gentleman from Atlantic Broadband called my cell phone last night and I told him the whole situation (AGAIN) and he totally understood. He said they have had many customers with the same situation. He said to call customer service. Atlantic Broad is very ugly to deal with, they don't care about their customers!

Original review: April 30, 2016

I'm not sure how to write how negative an experience I am having with these folks. I have called every night for 2 weeks straight and remained on hold for over 1h waiting for a pickup. One time a guy actually answered only to tell me it needed to be escalated, transferred me, and I again remained on hold for 47 mins... And then the system hung up. This company is ridiculous!!!

Original review: April 17, 2016

My experience with Atlantic Broadband customer service has been terrible. They treat me like I owe something to them. Took 3 calls to solve a simple problem related to log in to my HBO go account. And a second call regarding the slow internet speed. I was supposed to get download speed at 120 Mb, and was doing 10 to 15Mb. Was on hold for half an hour. Hang up. Will try to change to any other Internet/cable provider service. This is really incredible to pay for this kind of service.

Original review: March 17, 2016

Had no choice but to get Atlantic broadband in Miami Beach (south). The area where I have my property is monopolized by AB. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. From day one, Nov 2015, I have yet to go through a whole week without calling these bunch of parasites. The modem has been changed, cables have been changed yet there is an ongoing problem. They are liars and could care less for consumers. To get a hold of someone to talk to I calculated more than one hour. Totally disgusting. I was constantly put on hold to achieve nothing. Days on end without service and still waiting for credits for the days of no service. Very nice when you call them to subscribe but after that their excuse is that there's no service throughout the beach area.

Original review: March 14, 2016

I've been a paying customer for a few years. Overpaying like the rest that have no other choice due to the area they live in. You cannot call customer service without being put on hold for 20 plus minutes. Ever. The people that work for them are rude and not helpful at all. Atrocious. I have never written a review before for a company.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I changed plans a couple of month ago and the guy who came out to my house was very nice but talked and talked. I work at home and couldn't get anything done. And since then, the internet has never worked properly, but I dreaded calling and having the same guy come out and waste another morning. But our internet went out completely and there were no messages on the customer service line about outages, nor was there any info about them on the website, so I called. I was on hold for 45 minutes. The customer service representative who answered told me there was an outage and that she couldn't do anything about my persistent internet problems, that I would have to call back because she couldn't access my equipment.

I asked why she couldn't just take a customer complaint and have someone get back to me rather than force me to call back and be on hold for another long period. She insisted that it wasn't possible because they get thousands of complaints and can't possibly call back all of those people! When I said that I thought that customer service was supposed to make an attempt to solve my problem and they hadn't done it, she said, "I'm sorry that you feel that way." I pointed out that I didn't "feel" that way, it was a fact that she had let me wait on hold for 45 minutes only to refuse to offer any help. "I'm sorry you feel that way," she kept repeating, like this was some alternate reality and about my "feelings" rather than about a corporation that takes my money and doesn't provide the promised service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

I have been with this company since 2012 and my modem signal is always going in and out constantly throughout the day and night! It wasn't that bad before but I purchased a house last year and it has been a nightmare! The techs have been here so many times, I've lost count and I continue to have the same issue! I think the only thing they haven't done is switched my modem box and run a new line from my house to the pole. I keep asking them to try and replace the modem box as I think that could be the issue but the customer service rep just says "I will suggest that but I can't guarantee they will!"

What the heck?! What happened to "the customer is always right"?! I'm paying $170 a month just for the internet and cable! No phone service! I pay them enough every month so they should do it and honestly, what would it hurt at this point? They've tried almost everything else. Unfortunately I'm stuck with their poor service because I live in a small town and there are no other cable internet providers. I swear if there were, I'd leave in a heartbeat! I seriously think this cable company is shady and not just because of what I'm going through! Many other customers will agree.

I'm a pretty fair person and I understand problems arise no matter what company you go through, but this is ridiculous anymore! It's to the point where they're going to have to send a tech every month and every time they send a tech out, it takes a week or longer! They never offer me discounts for all my trouble unless I tell them I want one and then I will only get a few dollars off my bill! What the heck?! I've had techs out here numerous times and it always takes them a week or longer to get here so in the meantime, I'm stuck dealing with my internet going in and out constantly! I deserve more money off of bill than a few bucks! They wouldn't hesitate to shut my service off if I didn't pay my bill though!!! So annoyed with this company and it honestly makes my stomach turn! Shame on you, Atlantic Broadband!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016
Along with everyone else in my area, I lost my power and cable Friday, February 5th due to snow ladened tree limbs falling and taking the wires down with them.

The electric company cut and removed the brush and limbs and by midnight on Saturday my power was restored. Between the time I lost power and the time I regained it, I received 2 phone calls and messages reporting the progress they were making and my status relative to others. I was also able to check in on their site to see if the target time for my hookup had changed.

In the meantime my "new neighbor" (Atlantic BB had recently acquired Metrocast Cable who covered my area in CT and proceeded to inundate us with an advertisement campaign claiming there was a "new neighbor" in town...THEM). Well, they were quick to bump up the cost affecting most every feature they offered on January 1st. And then they disappeared. They cannot or they will not let me know where I stand or provide any insight as to when I can expect to be reattached. I rely on the net for my business from my home.

It's Monday evening and after driving around locally, they are nowhere to be found. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't filled our faces and our minds with all that neighbor propaganda. My neighbors and I would like for them to back up their bull and either get us hooked up or let us know if we can expect them here soon.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

I really hope this gets to the correct person, corporate preferably. I would like to let you know about an incident that happened to me Jan 27, 2016. I would like to let you know I work from home so my internet is very important to me. Also I have a husband with many health problems which is why my phone service is important. Of course we all love to watch tv. I had an Atlantic Broadband technician come to my area yesterday and I noticed him working on the cable box that sits in my yard. I had no problems with my service so I was surprised to see anyone out there but I just figured they were working checking since we had the snow storm this week. I was in the middle of my day working and my internet went out. Again I figured they had to fix something. The next thing I know he is gone. No internet, no phone service, no cable.

I called the company and they told me they could get someone down here tomorrow. Really. It was working fine until the guy came down and messed with the box. After several phone calls, a couple of hours on the phone and honestly getting very nasty, they said they would get someone down that night, which they did. I honestly felt sorry for the guy that had to come and fix the previous person mistake, because the 'technician' if that is what you want to call him, that had come down earlier in the day had completely removed my cable and I mean completely pulled it out of the ground. Because it was so late the new tech had to run another cable across the ground to the house for us to have service. Thank goodness. In the snow, in the cold, in the dark, he did not give up and found the problem.

I do have a couple of questions, why would you pull a cable up that is hooked to a house? If there was an issue do you not think it would of been better to fix the problem, not that it was broke, then disconnect everything. Just to add to this problem, I am 66 years old and when I went out to show the tech the cable box I fell on the ice, did not get hurt thank goodness. Then as my grandson ran out to tell the tech everything was good he fell on the ice and ended up in the emergency room with a very badly sprained knee. Just because of one tech's mistake he completely set a whole household in turmoil. We are in an area where we do not have many options for cable or I would not be using your service any longer. I have been a long standing customer for quite a while and make sure my bill is always paid but I am very disappointed in how this whole issue started and ended.

Now they are telling me it will be 7 to 14 days before they can come out and correctly re-hook the cable. Hopefully nothing happens with it laying out in the open before they can get here to fix it. If I ever see another person near the cable box I will be out there watching their every step and make sure everything is correct before they leave I can tell you that. It is a shame when you pay as much as it cost just to have the service, which I feel is way too high, that someone can make such a stupid mistake.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

When I signed up for their service everything was going smooth. I read the reviews people had but since this is a monopoly I had no other choice. For the first few months I had no issues with internet so I thought people were exaggerating about how horrible this company is. Fast forward five months and internet doesn't work at all. I managed to get it back albeit extremely slow (5 mbps). I called them to get the issue fixed and every time I do what they say the internet stops working. It took me several exhausting phone calls with their SPECIALISTS to figure out that there is something not right. They brought over a technician and he told me that my modem has an issue. When he put the company's modem while being on the line with an engineer it miraculously went back to normal speed ~ 80 mbps.

He told me that it's not their fault and the modem is broken. The trick worked on me I guess, so I bought the exact same modem he had and that didn't work at all. Before buying the new modem I called ARRIS about my existing modem to see if I can get them fix it. They took me through all the procedures and finally they looked at the data coming out from my modem itself. They showed me that Atlantic Broadband is giving me bad internet. I was supposed to be receiving 4 upstream channels when I only had 1. In addition the voltage was too high for the modem to handle. So I thought maybe they were not being honest. But when I brought the brand new modem it proved that Atlantic BB is not being honest at all.

Currently, I've been on the line for half an hour now waiting for someone to answer my phone call regarding this issue. I don't think someone will answer me any time soon. It's sad that the government is doing nothing about a horrendous company like this one. I've been paying on time and all this money has gone to waste because for the past 6 months I've had extremely slow internet. I usually need fast internet to play games or download important files. I would sue them if I knew how!!! This company stagnates productivity which makes them a threat to national security. I hope they get shut down soon. What a disgrace having a company like that in Miami.

Atlantic Broadband Company Information