Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
State Farm Homeowners Insurance
3.94/5

State Farm Homeowners Insurance

State Farm provides several different insurance products, including auto, home and renters insurance. State Farm is not a participant in the InsuraMatch and *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. With one simple phone call, you can contact InsuraMatch to get quotes for vehicle coverage from multiple providers.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

989 State Farm Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2019

My house caught fire on March 21, 2019 around 5-6 PM. I call my insurance agent to notified about the fire and him Matt ** came to my home the same night to support us and to make sure we get place in a hotel until the house get restore, next day the adjuster from the insurance met with us also and together with Matt, Mrs. ** went over the policy with me and my wife and here we are in a nice hotel. Not like been home but better than been on the street or friends and family. I have my own space, they call or write to us every day to make sure we are doing alright, for me their service are triple AAA. Matt ** and Mrs. ** keep the good work and service.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We’ve had State Farm since moving to Arkansas about 8 years ago. Home auto and business insurance. We had pretty high winds here in Arkansas and a lot of shingles had blown off. We filed a claim and State Farm paid for total replacement for a new roof! I was very happy with their service. The adjuster came quick. The check was mailed quickly. We of course had to mail check to Flagstar Bank for endorsement also. Everything was all done roof included within 2 weeks! The check was less than 10,000 because of our deductible but it was not a bad experience for us considering it was our first claim. I’ve heard of insurances dropping you after a claim. We will see how that goes. Will update if something like that happens but So far it’s was great!

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My elderly mother, who suffers from dementia, had a prized Persian carpet in her bedroom. We removed the carpet and put it into the building's communal storage room after she had a knee operation, fearing that she would trip over it. Once in storage, the carpet was moved temporarily outside on account of a leak in the storage room. While there, it was inadvertently picked up as trash since it was near some trash bags.

Fortunately, we had this particular carpet appraised and insured with State Farm and much to my surprise, State Farm agreed to reimburse us for the full value. They gave me an approval over the phone after reviewing our policy and as they listened to my story about what happened. I did not even have to submit any paperwork or formal claim. I was blown away by the gesture and by them not trying to wiggle out on the technicality that the carpet was not inside my Mom's apartment. I am a State Farm customer myself and I told the representative that given their response, they will now have me as a customer for life.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We have an agent local and they take an interest in you to make sure we have enough coverage for us so if there is ever any issues we will be covered. They also offer higher coverage for jewelry, art or other different things. However, it gets very overwhelming when they talk about the down & dirty things that the insurance can or cannot cover especially when it comes to disaster coverage and then why the rates jump when we haven't had a claim. They should make things less complicated when trying to understand everything on a policy. Nevertheless, I have been with State Farm for over 40 years and don't like to change companies and don't feel others would do as great of a job as State Farm does.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My home burned down to the ground. We had the clothes on our backs our pet died and lost everything. State Farm was at the burn site the next morning with a 5000.00 check. They also secured paid hotel accommodations nearby for a week for us. They secured us a fully equipped apartment with everything from towels to silverware. We only had to buy personal items like paper goods etc, we stayed there for 8 months fully paid. Power and water and cable was paid by State Farm and the apartment.

When we finally got settled we found our home was not insured for enough and State Farm gave us 20% more than we were covered for. I don't know why some people have left such terrible reviews but I'm sure it's because of the coverage they chose. I had the best plan offered on my home and when I needed taken care of with the fire I could not have asked for better service or treatment. And my premium did not go up. I wasn't punished for our claim. I will never go anywhere else. They showed me hands down they are the best there is in crisis.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

"We insure stupidity. We don't cover for accidents" is the exact quote I got from a State Farm adjuster when I asked if my water heater leaked would it be covered. The answer was an unequivocal no. Now if I had been warned about the water heater leaking and I did nothing about it, if I was neglectful, they would cover it. If I did shoddy work on it that wasn't up to snuff, they'd insure the damage it caused. But if the water heater was properly maintained, and I was responsible and this was an accident that had nothing to do with me being irresponsible or neglectful, the leak and all subsequent damage would NOT be covered.

I was speechless. This is the only reason I have insurance because I am responsible and maintain my house. To quote the adjuster, "If you came home drunk and left the water running in your tub and it overflowed, we'd cover it, but if your water heater pipe came loose and flooded your condo and all the people who live beneath it, we wouldn't cover it."

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have my house and two other cars with State Farm. Their prices are fair. My house got hit with a very bad hail storm, State Farm took care of the new roof, new siding, some tree damage.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a homeowners policy with Satate Farm for 23 years. I always had a $500 deductible. When I called today to make my first claim in 20 years, I was told that my deductible was now $5,000!!!! Never did I give consent to this, nor did State Farm notify me because if they would have, I would have gone with another insurance carrier. They are criminals.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We had a slow leaking valve INSIDE OUR WALL that did damage to both our upstairs and downstairs bathrooms which we found once the paint was buckling on the bathroom wall downstairs. Both bathrooms had to be gutted and dried out before we could even start to fix it. State farm sent out an adjuster who deemed that the water leak INSIDE THE WALL was due to neglect. I don't know about everyone else but I don't cut a hole in my wall and check for moisture on an annual basis, and my ex-ray vision just in't what it used to be. We put in new drywall, tiles, flooring and plumbing. We had an $11,000 fee for the drying out, the plumbers fee, the tilers fee, the fixtures, etc. State Farm paid out after my deductible 3000.00. that didn't even cover the plumbing let alone the rest of the work. State Farm did everything they could to get out of paying for anything, they are a total joke and take your money every month to insure nothing.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I had a plumbing leak that destroyed a lot of walls, insulation, etc. State Farm NEVER sent out a claims adjuster and yet continues to deny the scope of work to repair the damage that I was forced to supply - and have verified by more than one licensed general contractor. It would appear this is a strategy for State Farm to avoid paying out this legitimate and clearly defined claim. Which means they are not providing the service for which we have paid.

State Farm expert review by Matthew Brodsky

State Farm is one of America’s largest and most popular homeowners insurance companies. Headquartered in Bloomington, IN, the company has been providing Americans different types of insurance since 1922.

• Financially strong: State Farm is a large, reputable company, and it is a financially safe choice when choosing a homeowners insurance company.

• Good reputation: State Farm is one of the largest and most used homeowners insurance companies in the world, attesting to its reputation as an excellent provider.

• Additional programs: The company offers additional programs beyond basic homeowners insurance. These include a Florida and Louisiana Hurricane Mitigation program and discount programs for people who are claims free, using multiple State Farm policies, and who made steps to increase home safety like installing fire sprinklers.

• Customer service: Many customers complain that customer service is impersonal.

• Coverage: State Farm’s homeowners insurance policies have limits, and they do not cover business pursuits at a home. Business owners working at home should be sure to get a commercial real estate policy to cover the space they use in their home and their work belongings.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, farm owners, mobile home owners

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky