Pacific Specialty Insurance

Pacific Specialty Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Pacific Specialty offers homeowners insurance, along with a variety of other coverages. It provides multipolicy discounts (including savings for bundling with auto coverage from any insurer) and flexible payment plans. The company doesn’t let you purchase insurance online, but you can work with a local agent to find out if it suits your needs.

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today

Compare insurance providers on Quotewizard

Get started

Pacific Specialty Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Specialty Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Specialty Insurance Company?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I filed a claim for Soledad fire. I had ash all over my house. They denied my claim. This company is horrible. Don't get them. Pick another company. Clark self Clark claim that my house didnt meet the requirements for them to pay to clean my house and I didn't have enough ash. CSC lies for them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Here's the thing - insurance companies rarely get good reviews because if you are having to use your insurance, it inevitably means something bad has happened. When bad things happen, people are not inclined to write positive reviews - they just want whatever it is fixed so they can go back to their lives. Both my home and my small personal watercraft are insured by PSIC and I have had nothing but a positive experience working with this company. I can tell all of their customer service representatives have been trained properly and they always answer with a smile (trust me, you can tell when someone answers with a smile). They continue to self-evaluate and improve based on feedback and I love their openness and honesty in becoming the best company they can. Highly recommend!

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Do not use this company. I had my roof completely replaced, new ductwork, etc, in 2013. I have submitted, and submitted, and submitted (!) the required documentation. Nevertheless, they continue to list it as installed in 1940 and charging me for coverage of a roof over 10 years old. I have just sent one last complaint. If this doesn't fix it I will go through the hassle of getting a new company, pay for the required appraisal, (insurance companies really have us at their mercy!)--and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Before you consider this company DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!! I’ve never had a problem regarding my home. Out of the blue I received a letter stating I’m being dropped because I have cords of wood in my almost .25 acre property. It can get down to 19 degrees here!!! I’m not in a flood or fire danger area. This business is insane. They’re actually doing me a favor because I had it in mind to cancel them anyways. By the way PS my wood I burn in my fireplace is not junk or debris, how you stay in business is beyond me??

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Both my home and my boat are insured with Pacific Specialty and the process to get insured was painless and pleasant. Their customer service is excellent and re-upping each year is quick and convenient. I really appreciate that they are a big company with a small company feel and will continue to use them as my insurer since I feel confident with my coverage under their umbrella.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I feel terrible that I did not research about this company before signing up. Actually a insurance agent tricked me into this. These guys are all fake. Don’t even accept your claim. They are horrible, poor customer service. My request to everyone YOU ARE NOT INSURED WITH THEM!! They just take your premium and hope you never have to claim. If anyone willing to go legally against this company and their scam please let me know.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

ZERO STARS! On 5/26/19 I cancelled via fax, per instructions from Pacific Speciality, both my homeowners and earthquake policies, and asked for a refund from that date since both policies are paid through 1/9/2020. I have DOCUMENTED proof that PS received the fax cancellation at their end, in the section of the fax where it says "OK" and confirms they received it. On 7/30/19 I spoke to a rep in customer service who said they never received it and asked me to email it to them, which I did on 7/30/19. He said it would take 8-10 days to refund. I have since called multiple times to CS to confirm they received that email, as he suggested I do, only to get the robo message that they are experiencing difficulties and that I should visit their website.

I just sent them an email with original documentation attached advising them that I would be filing a formal complaint against them with the insurance commissioner within 72 hours if I did not have a response from them. If this is what PS is like in getting a refund, imagine the nightmare of actually filing a claim with them.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Our experience is below. We are seeking legal representation and invite anyone else who would like to join us to email me at **. We have been treated as horribly as you can possibly imagine by this company, PSIC. They used a substandard test to tell us our home was safe to live in after the Woolsley fire. We have 4 children, 2 of which are under 5 years old. Not only did all four of my children get sick, but I became extremely ill and asthmatic for the first time in my life. I am now under the care of a pulmonologist and have been told I will be sick again if I go back into my home environment.

PSIC refused to pay for a second opinion test but told us they would consider paying us back and using the findings if the findings were different than theirs. Not only did we order an extremely thorough and extensive test but we furnished them with an equally thorough and extensive report which stated our house should not be lived in and needed to be cleaned. We also had an insulation company and ducting company examine the attic and home - they told us the same thing.

After many unanswered calls and emails to PSIC (this is their norm), we were told that they would be sticking to their original findings and would not clean our house nor would they pay for the test. At that point, we were living in a hotel. They mentioned many times during our stay that they may not pay the bill and made us wait for weeks to get paid back. At this point, we still have weeks upon weeks at the hotel outstanding that we have not been reimbursed for as well as loss of use back in January before we checked into the hotel that hasn't even been acknowledged. Our emails questioning them go unanswered.

The fire burned all over our neighborhood, including on our street and the homes/yards above us on our street, behind us and in front of us. All of our neighbors have already completed full remediations - we are the only home fighting to get our house cleaned. In addition, the embers burned holes in our roof. The rains that came after the fire, poured into our home and damaged dry wall in three rooms. We had a roofer out immediately to examine the roof. He found burn areas and wrote up the recommendation and estimate for a new roof. PSIC finally had a roofer exam the roof two months later - they would only use that roofer for obvious reasons (much like the hygenist) to get them the report to say what they wanted two months later after an exceptionally rainy season. They refused to cover the roof loss and made us open a second claim.

Our home was built in the early 70s and PSIC knew the drywall contained asbestos. The damaged drywall was removed and our walls were left open that entire time (2 months) while they waited on their roofer. Asbestos was left exposed and possibly disturbed for those 2 months in different areas of our home. PSIC refuses to test to see if our home is safe from the asbestos. They are now kicking us out of our hotel without any cleaning to our home, any repairs to our roof and potential asbestos fibers free in our home.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I filed a claim with Pacific Specialty two days away from being three months. My adjuster Crystal ** NEVER answers her phone nor does she call back. We had water damage in our carport due to heavy winds and rain... Received my new policy stating that they were going to cancel it because of our carport that has not yet been fixed. To begin with, there's an open claim for the carport and now it's our fault that they have not yet resolved this issue? In all honesty, I feel like the adjuster and the representative just want us to either forget we have an open claim or perhaps they're just waiting so they can get their share... It is extremely upsetting! Every time that I've asked to get a manager's or supervisor's phone number or email they beat around the bush! Never providing me with one! How can I file a complaint?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Dont buy their home Insurance. They made it very difficult to cancel. I have to call their customer service. Call my Allstate agent twice. Write 2 emails to Pacific Specialty and 2 emails to my Allstate insurance agent to cancel. They never reply back whether my Insurance policy is cancel or not. I feel very frustrated.

Pacific Specialty Insurance Company Information