Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
State Farm Homeowners Insurance
3.90/5

State Farm Homeowners Insurance

State Farm provides several different insurance products, including auto, home and renters insurance. State Farm is not a participant in the InsuraMatch and *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. With one simple phone call, you can contact InsuraMatch to get quotes for vehicle coverage from multiple providers.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

State Farm Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

"We insure stupidity. We don't cover for accidents" is the exact quote I got from a State Farm adjuster when I asked if my water heater leaked would it be covered. The answer was an unequivocal no. Now if I had been warned about the water heater leaking and I did nothing about it, if I was neglectful, they would cover it. If I did shoddy work on it that wasn't up to snuff, they'd insure the damage it caused. But if the water heater was properly maintained, and I was responsible and this was an accident that had nothing to do with me being irresponsible or neglectful, the leak and all subsequent damage would NOT be covered.

I was speechless. This is the only reason I have insurance because I am responsible and maintain my house. To quote the adjuster, "If you came home drunk and left the water running in your tub and it overflowed, we'd cover it, but if your water heater pipe came loose and flooded your condo and all the people who live beneath it, we wouldn't cover it."

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have my house and two other cars with State Farm. Their prices are fair. My house got hit with a very bad hail storm, State Farm took care of the new roof, new siding, some tree damage.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had a homeowners policy with Satate Farm for 23 years. I always had a $500 deductible. When I called today to make my first claim in 20 years, I was told that my deductible was now $5,000!!!! Never did I give consent to this, nor did State Farm notify me because if they would have, I would have gone with another insurance carrier. They are criminals.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We had a slow leaking valve INSIDE OUR WALL that did damage to both our upstairs and downstairs bathrooms which we found once the paint was buckling on the bathroom wall downstairs. Both bathrooms had to be gutted and dried out before we could even start to fix it. State farm sent out an adjuster who deemed that the water leak INSIDE THE WALL was due to neglect. I don't know about everyone else but I don't cut a hole in my wall and check for moisture on an annual basis, and my ex-ray vision just in't what it used to be. We put in new drywall, tiles, flooring and plumbing. We had an $11,000 fee for the drying out, the plumbers fee, the tilers fee, the fixtures, etc. State Farm paid out after my deductible 3000.00. that didn't even cover the plumbing let alone the rest of the work. State Farm did everything they could to get out of paying for anything, they are a total joke and take your money every month to insure nothing.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I had a plumbing leak that destroyed a lot of walls, insulation, etc. State Farm NEVER sent out a claims adjuster and yet continues to deny the scope of work to repair the damage that I was forced to supply - and have verified by more than one licensed general contractor. It would appear this is a strategy for State Farm to avoid paying out this legitimate and clearly defined claim. Which means they are not providing the service for which we have paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: July 31, 2019

I’m writing this review for my sister Carol **. She does not have a computer. On June 30th there was a violent storm with very strong winds that broke the awning off her house ripped many shingles off roof to wood exposed. Roofer told her about the exposed wood on roof. And put a few temporary patches on it. The adjuster Chip came out and told her she could go to the farm store buy fiberglass and repair the awning herself. She showed him where the water was leaking through the ceiling and dripping from the ceiling fan. She asked if she could turn on the fan that way. He said, "That’s up to you."

There now is a crack in the ceiling due to water damage according to a painter / drywall person. Chip told her to buy a gallon of paint to cover crack. Carol called to complain they told her to talk with Alesha **. She called. Left many messages. Alesha will not return her calls. Why? She pays all her premiums on time and this is the way her claim gets handled? Carol ** Beecher, Illinois.

Original review: July 26, 2019

On 5/5/29, I had a home fire that left my home inhabitable. State Farm was quick to pay claim, at a low ball estimate. However, the adjuster needed to investigate the claim. My policy provided for temporary housing. State Farm adjuster decided that on 5/31/29, knowingly knew that I had no electrical wiring for electricity and no hot water, felt that State Farm would no longer continue to pay for temporary housing; which left me and my children without a place to go. Additionally, State Farm told me to pay for my temporary housing, which is a financial hardship because I'm still paying a mortgage. State Farm appears to only care about their financial proceeds and revenue.

Original review: June 27, 2019

State Farm just told us they wouldn’t renew our home policy because they had to pay three claims on house in 20 years. Two for hail storm damage and one for water which was less than five grand. We had no control over anything here. Had them over 20 years as our insurance carrier even though each time we filed a claim they jacked our insurance up. I never missed or have been late on a payment. Have had all cars and a boat insured with them. If I knew how to do a class action lawsuit I would. Just saying.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have car insurance with State Farm for a year now. Brandon ** called me and asked me about homeowners insurance about a month ago. I paid them 2 weeks later. That was enough time to let me know that the upkeeps of my home would not be accepted. Before they take my money. They never told me that my home had to look a certain way to receive coverage. I received a letter telling me that they will cover me for the month I paid. But they couldn't give me homeowners insurance due to upkeep. But they withdraw out my banking account again. I feel like if State Farm is not going to give me insurance. They shouldn't have withdrawn out my bank account again. I ask for a refund and they refuse. I think State Farm was unprofessional and they lied to me. They should not have withdrawn from my account again.

I called to talk to Brandon **. And he never was in the office. I've talked to everyone except him. I was told someone would call me back. No one did. I had to keep calling them. I even called. Before the due date to be paid again. They withdrawn before I could talk to someone. I can't trust State Farm. That is why I give State Farm a 0-star but I had to give them a 1-star.

Original review: May 20, 2019

My family has been with State Farm for forty years. Our car insurance is categorized as 'non cancellable.' State Farm Homeowners Insurance adjusters would cheat and steal from any elderly or vulnerable person without blinking an eye. My elderly mother never filed a homeowners claim until this year for a roof. We now find out that State Farm uses a website that measures/acknowledges hail ONLY if it is 1.0" or more. So, now we have all this damage from weather and hail (smaller than 1.0") in 2019. State Farm is claiming the last hail was in 2016, therefore disqualifying her from recovering $3,000 in depreciation.

DO NOT buy homeowners insurance from this company. Several other homeowners on our street got roofs replaced based on the hail and weather occurring in 2019, with no problems. I will switch to USAA, when the opportunity arises in a few years. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this company. There is no telling what other dishonest surprises we have coming.

State Farm Homeowners Insurance Company Information