Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
State Farm Homeowners Insurance
3.93/5

State Farm Homeowners Insurance

State Farm provides several different insurance products, including auto, home and renters insurance. State Farm is not a participant in the InsuraMatch and *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. With one simple phone call, you can contact InsuraMatch to get quotes for vehicle coverage from multiple providers.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

987 State Farm Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

State Farm just told us they wouldn’t renew our home policy because they had to pay three claims on house in 20 years. Two for hail storm damage and one for water which was less than five grand. We had no control over anything here. Had them over 20 years as our insurance carrier even though each time we filed a claim they jacked our insurance up. I never missed or have been late on a payment. Have had all cars and a boat insured with them. If I knew how to do a class action lawsuit I would. Just saying.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have car insurance with State Farm for a year now. Brandon ** called me and asked me about homeowners insurance about a month ago. I paid them 2 weeks later. That was enough time to let me know that the upkeeps of my home would not be accepted. Before they take my money. They never told me that my home had to look a certain way to receive coverage. I received a letter telling me that they will cover me for the month I paid. But they couldn't give me homeowners insurance due to upkeep. But they withdraw out my banking account again. I feel like if State Farm is not going to give me insurance. They shouldn't have withdrawn out my bank account again. I ask for a refund and they refuse. I think State Farm was unprofessional and they lied to me. They should not have withdrawn from my account again.

I called to talk to Brandon **. And he never was in the office. I've talked to everyone except him. I was told someone would call me back. No one did. I had to keep calling them. I even called. Before the due date to be paid again. They withdrawn before I could talk to someone. I can't trust State Farm. That is why I give State Farm a 0-star but I had to give them a 1-star.

Original review: May 20, 2019

My family has been with State Farm for forty years. Our car insurance is categorized as 'non cancellable.' State Farm Homeowners Insurance adjusters would cheat and steal from any elderly or vulnerable person without blinking an eye. My elderly mother never filed a homeowners claim until this year for a roof. We now find out that State Farm uses a website that measures/acknowledges hail ONLY if it is 1.0" or more. So, now we have all this damage from weather and hail (smaller than 1.0") in 2019. State Farm is claiming the last hail was in 2016, therefore disqualifying her from recovering $3,000 in depreciation.

DO NOT buy homeowners insurance from this company. Several other homeowners on our street got roofs replaced based on the hail and weather occurring in 2019, with no problems. I will switch to USAA, when the opportunity arises in a few years. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this company. There is no telling what other dishonest surprises we have coming.

Original review: May 19, 2019

State Farm cancelled payment on a claim check. I have had State Farm for close to 30 years. I have never had to make a claim on my policy. In March we had very strong straight line winds in our area. The roof of my home was severely damaged with the wind plus a large tree branch was blown onto our pool collapsing it. I called my agent and they sent out an adjuster. At the same time I had a local contractor give me an estimate. I was also told to provide an estimate for replacing the pool. I had the roof replaced and sent in the bill from the contractor to State Farm. State farm refused to cover replacing some of the plywood but issued a check for the balance minus my deductible.

I received 2 checks in the mail. I assumed one was for the pool and the other for the roof since they were handled separately. I had to have the checks endorsed by my mortgage company. Once the checks were endorsed I deposited them both in my checking account. I then wrote out a check to my contractor to cover the remainder of my bill. A few days later I was looking at my checking account and found that one of the checks had been returned. I asked the bank manager to look into it and found that State Farm had actually put a stop payment on one of the checks without so much as notifying me. I was completely in shock. I had to scramble to deposit money in my checking account to ensure that the check I wrote to the contractor would not bounce. I will NEVER use State Farm again!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was a long time customer, over 25 years of home, auto, and renters insurance with State Farm Insurance. I had a claim for flood damage to my home while I was the primary resident which they fixed, although there was some fighting over the settlement. However, roll two years forward, and that same house was a rental property for 18 months, and is now being sold. But because it was a rental and not my primary residence, I am ineligible for a homeowners insurance policy on a totally new property. No explanation other than this property was a rental. My past history, good credit, years of membership, none of it had any bearing. They lost my business to USAA in 2 hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: May 5, 2019

I'm really surprised at the high overall rating when there seems to be so many poor ratings. I've had State Farm car insurance for 10 years and luckily never had to file a claim, so I cannot speak to how reliable and fair they are when it comes to actual coverage in the heat of the moment. However, I'm in the process of buying my first home and when I looked elsewhere for homeowner's insurance my State Farm agency must have gotten pinged because she called me the next day to "see how I'm feeling about my insurance." I disclosed that I was shopping around for home insurance and looking to bundle with my auto, and she offered a package to keep me as a customer.

When I looked at the numbers (comparing to quotes from Westfield and Ohio Mutual), I was struck. While it "appeared" that I was given discounts as a member, in reality the original quote was inflated almost twice as much as the other quotes, with a rate still more expensive after discounts are applied and yet with *considerably* less coverage. That's a discount?

Original review: April 26, 2019

I lost many of my possessions in a storage unit, because State Farm refused to pay the storage unit fees after they agreed to pay the fees! Unbelievable! State Farm is a disgusting and deceitful company! My advice is to stay far away from State Farm! For anyone considering State Farm as their insurance provider, just look into their bad faith, and how they are rated as one of the worst insurance companies ever!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have had an absolutely inhumane experience with State Farm insurance. I was sent an incompetent emergency contractor by Nu-Trend (NTC) Company that caused further damages to my hardwood flooring, did not follow the fire fighter's instructions on not turning the electricity back on in the damaged area (after an electric fire!) and perpetuate damage to household furniture and contents due to negligence, incompetent basic cleaning and in appropriate storage- all documented! Nu-Trend was rude and unprofessional in their communication. State Farm failed to take accountability for their hired company.

The adjuster I was working with was the only person who was competent and great. I appreciated his services. Unfortunately, after a few months the adjuster abruptly quit without informing me or handing my case over to anyone. Then State Farm sold our account to Desjardins! It's been 2.5 years from the date of fire, we are still not paid for repairs and household content damages and we are just told to wait for further review!

Original review: March 22, 2019

I left State Farm looking for a cheaper insurance and then all the other places raised their rates too. So I tried to go back to State Farm and they said, "No. We will not take you back." Never had a Claim in all the over 40 years I have been a customer.

Original review: March 20, 2019

They're great up front and look like the perfect company for you... We have been paying them monthly for 2 years on a lot of "ifs." But when push comes to shove they're just about keeping the easy money and won't do anything to help you through a process when you need the "if" factor they sell you on. If you have to use them buy what you need and only what need. Anything else is BS. They cover half of what the agent says they will and I will be pursuing legal action against that claim. Also avoid Sarah ** - State Farm Insurance Agent.

State Farm Homeowners Insurance Company Information