TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance
3.94/5

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had just purchased a home and wanted to get insured. I looked at different individual companies, but it was so time-consuming to fill out each individual application and keep track of them all. I found TrustedChoice.com through a couple of Google searches and clicks. I reached out to them and submitted my information and received a call within an hour or so. I also reached out to a couple of companies but Trusted Choice was more responsive. They got back to me quickly and gave me an option that worked with me. I ended up with Travelers, which has a great price and covered everything that I needed. TrustedChoice.com's online process was pretty easy. Plus, they did the legwork for me. It was a great experience.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We were on the market to try to find insurance for an estate. My mother passed away. We had insurance, and they cancelled our insurance because the house is still in her name. We're in the process of getting the insurance. It's an estate property now, and it's hard to find coverage especially in the state of Georgia. A lot of independent companies didn't cover the type of insurance that we needed for a vacant home. The State Farm we had before recommend us to a lot of different people. I called a bunch of people, and Trusted Choice was one of the ones that called me back. Everyone that I talked to was very informative. Trusted Choice is more expensive than the standard insurance that we have, but I know that that's just part of the process.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was buying a homeowners insurance and went with the best quote I received. Trusted Choice was beneficial in terms of knowing what to expect and what to anticipate in terms of the quote and what the coverage is so it was definitely helpful in that line. I just hope that they might have providers with certain more insights in particular. For example, I was really looking whether to get earthquake coverage. If you’re not getting an earthquake coverage in terms of places which are not prone to earthquake and if something happens, will the government help, and if they do so, how much do they help out? This is very specific but this helps us to determine should I really be worrying about that or not. It only takes one quake to come and destroy everything. So, from that perspective.

With regards to the roof and the side of the building, it would also help to give us an option like is it all four sides brick or just one side brick and then two sides or some other kind of material. Nowadays, the builders build their home with only one-sided brick and then two-sided or three-sided will be vinyl or the other kind of structure.

Original review: May 11, 2019

When we were applying for a mortgage, we were asked to have homeowner's insurance. I had been thinking about going through an independent agent to get it, and then my dad recommended TrustedChoice. I then talked to the agent and told him what we were looking for, and then he did the rest. Navigating through their website was easy, but it wasn't the greatest. I had to click through so many pages in order to see all the information about my options. I had to click on one and then click again to get to the next one, then click back to read everything or open a bunch of tabs to compare them. I hope there's some way that it's easier to see multiple at one time to be able to compare them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had an insurance on my home and someone called me saying that they had better insurance available for me and I could change it. I thought they were my advisor from my mortgage company, so, I said that I would. I did what they asked and everything seemed to be going through. Within days, I got a cancellation of insurance from the new company saying it wasn't close enough to a fire hydrant. I was scrambling because I had no insurance so I went to the Trusted Choice site. I saw that it looked like it might offer the most help in one place which was what I was looking for. It took them a little bit but they did find me some insurance. I switched and now, I have insurance again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

TrustedChoice's online process is super easy. They pulled most of the information and I ended up going with one of their recommendations, Hippo. I liked their site better than any other site that I worked on. The other ones were a little more annoying. We were purchasing a new home and aside from them, everybody else was too expensive. We used All state before and they were more expensive. Plus, TrustedChoice offers more coverage. The only thing I don't like about their coverage is the 1% for the wind and hail deductible. But with the prices on insurance everywhere else, it’s not that big of a deal.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I purchased a new home so I was looking for a homeowner's insurance. Trusted Choice got me the best rate. They then gave me names and numbers of local people to contact. Their website is easy to navigate too.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

A friend of mine referred me to an agent from Trusted Choice and I got a homeowners insurance quote for an investment property. I've also done business with them before and so far, so good.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Trusted Choice gave me good options that I was happy about and navigating through the website was relatively easy. But having a number of options provided without confirmation that the contact information was received on the insurance agency’s side ended up not being super helpful. TrustedChoice.com provided options but not very good input. Most of the options also didn’t offer what I wanted, which was a specific type of insurance for a specific type of vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Our homeowner's insurance policy was canceled and not renewed. Since we had to have fire insurance, we called a lot of different companies. We went through Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance. But none of the companies was able to guide me. They all were non-renewal. With the recommendations, nobody would insure the house because of the high fire risk. In the end, I went with the California PURE plan. Also, the reps at Trusted choice were very adamant about the fact that there wasn't anything they could do. They were ill-informed. The advocates need to be more informed about what the issues are and what the problems are. This property was certified by the Cal Fire that it met all the requirements. But it was deemed as a high wildfire risk thus they won't insure it. But no no inspections were done.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

Hi Bonnie, we're sorry to hear of your experience with TrustedChoice.com. With thousands of qualified agents across the country, I can assure you our agents are experienced and well educated in their respective fields. There are, however, some policies independent agents do not typically write. In that case we hope to refer you to an agency that can. We are happy you found an agency for your homeowners policy and hope you'll give TrustedChoice.com another try some time. You can always reach us at (855) 372-0070 or solutions.trustedchoice.com.

TrustedChoice.com expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Based in Minneapolis, Trustedchoice.com is an independent insurance supplier. The company works with over 140,000 independent insurance agents to connect you to the agent who fits your needs.

• Personalized coverage: TrustedChoice.com pairs with agents who supply home, life, business, car and boat insurance. Together, they work to supply you with an insurance package that covers all of your needs.

• Find an Agent: The website’s Find an Agent tool uses your information to connect you with a local agent who supplies the kind of insurance you’re looking for.

• Independent agents: TrustedChoice.com’s agents aren’t bound to any particular insurance company; instead, they offer policies from multiple insurance carriers.

• Other insurance: TrustedChoice.com also insures assets like RVs, ATVs, personal watercrafts, snowmobiles and trailers.

• Best for: people who need insurance on many different items.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky