4.26/5
Based on 112 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Video
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 24, 2018

114 TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 24, 2018

The person that I dealt with at Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance was really nice, but it took too much time just sitting there for two hours. Other than that, the experience I had with them was okay.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We're sorry to hear about your experience and the time it took to get you the answers you needed.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I was looking for a homeowners insurance with the best price and Trusted Choice was the one that came up with a quote. I just gave them what we had on the other policy and they came up with the same thing.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I used to have First American and then I switched over to Select. I had been looking around at the time for a better home warranty although First American was really good, except for the price started going up than a lot of the other ones. They were really expensive on the service fees and didn't cover everything that my other one did. I was looking for full coverage and I was trying to find a third company that had a large amount and so that they can compare. The online process was simple and straightforward and I was able to compare and look at everything and come up with an idea of what would possibly be a good one if I decided I wanted to choose one and I decided not just to choose one. Everything worked just fine.

I didn't really care about Select's service. They were not very professional. My washer went bad and they were going to warranty it but then they said it was so old and they'd only give me a $100 for it. That didn't fix the problem. And then I thought about going to Trusted Choice and I thought they'd reach me up on that. They were expensive for the plan and with monthly, I would be paying $75 to $100 for service call fees. Nonetheless, Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance would be good to use.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We were looking for a homeowners insurance for our home purchase and selected TrustedChoice based on the insurance market. Their reps explained what their insurance is and it was successful.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We've had issues with consumer stuff here and there, big-ticket items, and the government entities and the attorney generals have been absolutely worthless about everything. It's been many years and I should re-shop things once in a while. I called with a simple question that I can't find in the policy and the existing broker started getting all huffy with me the last few years. I asked my husband what was going on with those people and if they were having issues. The rep emailed my husband and said they were sorry that they didn't keep us as a client. They wished that we had talked to them first, but I said that they get all huffed up just answering simple questions.

I'm not one of those people that are high maintenance. We had a 45-foot steel sailboat under our dock levering it up. We had some wingnut in the harbor that got hired by Amazon and started shooting up the entire bay. We're the only house that put a bullet through our house. I called about that and I said that I was looking at the policy, and our deductible was way too high and was all on us. I asked a simple question and they told me to refer to my insurance company, Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance, and that they were the broker and they didn’t know, and they weren’t going to handle any questions. I told them that I wasn’t making a claim, but was asking about the coverage. They would know better than anybody, but they interacted like I interrupted them at 2:00 in the morning and it was not even at lunch time. I don't call businesses at lunch time so it was very courteous.

I decided to change brokers and Adam of the Klee Company answered my question. They exerted the effort to find the best fit to make sure we were getting what we needed. They chose Trusted Choice with the fact that somebody gets back to me in a timely manner is huge. We have some big assets, so I'm dealing with it the same way and the fact that we have to bump our deductible up to $10,000 because I'm paying $13,000 plus a year and we got $10,000 deductible. We didn't make any claims because it doesn't cover it. Like the sailboat on our dock at 3:00 in the morning and a bullet hole through the thing, it was for us to fix.

Adam found this deductible credit that was not found by my previous company. He looked into all the aspects and tried to find savings or more coverage for me. And that was really what I was looking for. I don't re-shop it every year but roll it over. But if I have some concerns, I'll ask a quick question before the new enrollment period. He did a really good job. And when I asked a question, he answered it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: April 12, 2018

I found somebody that I liked through Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance. I was looking to change since the prices where I was continued to go up. I've never had any claims or anything else, and the price just kept going up and up. I also wanted somebody fairly near the area between where I work and my house. I first narrowed it down there, and then I called them and sent them emails to see how fast they responded. It got me the choices narrowed down to a handful. And then, I started with the person that responded the fastest and had her give me a quote and kind went from there.

It was fairly easy because it asked me location, gave me a map to look at so I could see exactly where these folks were because I don't want to drive. If I have to go to their office for whatever reason, I didn't want to have to drive too far. The map helped me focus in on nearby people. And then I was looking for an independent agent, so it helped me narrow the focus. Then the company's agent called me right back. I told her what I was looking for and she responded within an hour of some kind of a general quote. I gave more specifics, then she got right back to me. It was all done within 24 hours.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I wanted a cheaper insurance and went with an independent agent company because it was quicker and just calling around individually. I searched the internet and Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance came up. It was a bunch of questions and then that was it. I found myself having to answer the same questions over again with the people, but they got me in touch with others. I’d recommend TrustedChoice. It’s a website where you could get leads on a bunch of people.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I was searching for homeowners insurance in case I kicked off and Trusted Choice was the first one that sent me a thing. The agent came to the house and said she reviewed several different companies. I went with her recommendation and what was matched was pretty reasonable. She did well.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My most recent insurance company had raised their rates after I've been with them. So, I got a price from an independent agency over the phone. Speaking with the agent was fine and she did a good job. However, I felt a little rushed because she was ready to get off her shift. We weren't able to get my call finished and had to resume it later on. Still, I wound up going with Progressive which was cheaper and had better coverage than my previous company.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I bought a new house, and I live on an island that’s by the water, and certain companies don’t insure if you're within a certain distance from the water. I was on the phone looking for insurance to solidify my loan process and secure my deal. I am satisfied with Trusted Choice. Continue to provide great service to Hawaii.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We are happy to hear about your positive experience!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I was tired of Liberty Mutual raising the insurance willy-nilly all the time and for no reason. So, I asked other people and checked around and it was time to make a move or time to look. I thought I would go through and see who were in the independent agency companies and there were a couple in it I'm very familiar with and had a thing about independent agencies. Sometimes, especially depending on who they pick, they don’t have a lot of the advertising cost in it that a Liberty Mutual does.

Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance gave me some ideas on who were those independent agents and once I found out who they were, I could do homework and see who they represent. It took a bit longer to do and I started doing Google searches. The experience of navigating thru Trusted Choice's website was okay. It gave me a bit of detail on each page and I saw which were good and saw their contacts and who are working for them. They gave enough information and good variety. I would probably go with the agency that they gave. I know people who are with these agencies that Trusted Choice recommended, people who are insured with them that tell me that I ought to move and that their agency saves them a lot of money.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My son just got his license so we wanted to bundle the packages for the insurance together. I called some companies directly and I also tried an independent agent but the cost wasn’t good enough. The Trusted Choice agent gave me the best price and he was also very nice. He was great and I recommended him to somebody else. I will tell my friends to go for it if they ask. In the end, we're all looking to save some money since insurance is getting higher and higher.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The homeowner's insurance I had was a little too expensive and I wasn’t happy with them. I was looking for another one, and I found a very helpful and nice agent through TrustedChoice. I kept the information but I did not go with the service since it wasn’t going to work for me. And I was looking for more of an investor's policy.

Original review: March 27, 2018

FIORENTINO ** INSURANCE AGENT UNION CITY NEW JERSEY - I was referred to this agent for a commercial insurance quote, I went to his office and explained exactly what coverage I needed and he gave me a quote for the specific coverage for my business. He gave me the amount I needed to put down and the monthly payments I was going to have on the specific insurance coverage, but when I received my policy from the insurance underwriter it was not at all what I had paid for. At this point in time I went to Fiorentino's office to explain the error, he stated that it was a mistake and that he would take care of the issue.

So he then gave me a certificate of insurance stating the insurance coverage that I had paid for and told me to show that to the companies I service until he fixed the issue with the insurance company directly, a week later I went to Fiorentino's office to find out the reason why the insurance still wasn't updated, then he stated that it was out of his hands and he wasn't going to fix the problem and to leave his office if I wasn't satisfied with his service.

So I called the insurance company and found out that they don't cover what I paid for and Fiorentino should have known that, so I ended up buying a bogus $14,432.00 policy that I can't use. BE AWARE. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS AGENT and if you do, have a professional review the policy and make sure he gives you copies of exactly what you agreed on for coverage and he will ask for cash pay in c.c, check and make sure you get a receipt. Fraudulent. Fraudulent. Fraudulent.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love a chance to make it right. I have forwarded your comments to our support team and made them aware of the situation. You can contact us directly at support@trustedchoice.com. We will do whatever we can to make sure your insurance needs are met.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I bought a new mobile home. I called my old insurance company and they gave me this website to try. I started two weeks ago. I just told them that I was looking for somebody and there were a couple of people that called me. I was happy with them. I wanted to get somebody that was in the same town where we have the home in so if something happens, we'd be able to contact them right away. I got what I wanted. I'd recommend Trusted Choice.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Our policy was up and we thought the new one went too high in price. I went to TrustedChoice's website and they gave me this person from Stratus company to call and we were very happy with him. I live in a manufactured home in Florida and we needed to have hurricane insurance and he gave us a better deal on the hurricane insurance. It was also easy navigating their website. I was also afraid I was going to get calls from different places because whenever we put in a phone number, a 100 different people call but that didn't happen.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I wanted a better rate so I started searching for a homeowner’s insurance. I thought I would get more choices if I went through an independent agent than just going with the big companies where I only get one quote, so I Googled and found one through TrustedChoice. The agent I got was very attentive, answered all the questions I had, and got back to me in a timely manner. Then I ended up buying a homeowner's insurance from Federated National Insurance because of their price.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was looking to change my hurricane insurance because the price keeps going up and it's up to $800 a year. A lot of people were responding, but it was basically for homeowner’s and I’m looking for a supplemental hurricane. But I am still using Trusted Choice. I’m just waiting for someone to respond. However still, I would recommend Trusted Choice. I would tell friends to give them a call and see what they can do for them.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Go with Trusted Choice and go with one of their independent agents. We purchased a place in Florida and I needed a Florida agent. I've been with an independent agent base for 33 years. I wanted to have an independent agent and I didn't want someone like State Farm. The agent options Trusted Choice matched me with were fine. I picked one and called.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have used a different agent from an independent insurance agent company, but he’s not anymore in the business, so I had to Google search for another one. I’m looking for a better deal now because every year I see the prices are going up. I want to compare with the other companies too as I'm not happy with my homeowner’s insurance. Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance has more options and they have multiple companies. I used the website but I was waiting for all the agents. Maybe they will see the information that I put there five or six days ago and they’re going to call me. So far, only one company has called me and I gave that agent my information but I have not even received a quote. Trusted Choice's website was easy to navigate, and in a technical way it’s very nice. But I didn’t get the result that I was expecting.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love a chance to make it right. If you choose to contact us again in the future, you can do so directly at support@trustedchoice.com. We will do whatever we can to make sure your insurance needs are met.

Original review: March 17, 2018

My old insurance company was not being responsive to my questions so, I got frustrated. I Googled and TrustedChoice was the first one that came up. They called and their rep was super responsive and friendly on email and phone. The agents from TrustedChoice looked into the options closely.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I used Trusted Choice's website to shop for home insurance. The website was helpful and I didn't have any problem with it. I was able to go all the way to make the request. I did everything online so I needed to check my email to see if I got any feedback. I requested the broker for an estimate, but I don’t remember getting an answer from that company. Still, I would recommend Trusted Choice.

Original review: March 13, 2018

It was very easy to use the TrustedChoice tool and I used it on my iPad. I’m about to sign up for insurance myself and I’ve got that taken care of. I happened to be at my father's house last weekend and he got his ventures going on. I asked him how long has he been with his insurance company and he goes, “Oh, years.” I showed him several quotes that he could do better with so now he’s out searching too. We figured out he could save almost $1500. I wanted to go through an independent agent company because they can go anywhere.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I wanted to get a homeowner's insurance with sinkhole coverage. And since I like independent agents, I searched online and TrustedChoice came up. I went on their website and I didn't have any difficulties with it and I was also provided with good agent options. And while I got a call from an agent who was very helpful and polite, I didn't end up with their recommendation. I found a better price through The Villages’ office.

Original review: March 11, 2018

My company was decreasing the sewer backup. I saw TrustedChoice.com on the internet and it was easy to use and navigate through. I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Our previous homeowner’s insurance company raised the price. I had used an independent agent before and I was able to compare vendors. I searched the web and Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance was worth the shot and I tried them. I began the search over the phone and the experience was good. We were able to talk to a number of people and the things worked out. The website was also easy to use and I went to the first four or five agents because there weren’t too many and I was able to find somebody. The variety and the matching of agents worked out well. I would tell my friends that Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance is good and it can help them out.

Original review: March 8, 2018

TrustedChoice is the insurance company for my car and it's a good company. Melissa was my agent and she was delightful and very helpful. They were very convenient and did everything in a timely manner. So, it was a good experience. I'd recommend TrustedChoice to others

Original review: March 7, 2018

I called TrustedChoice to see if they could insure a property in Detroit that my girlfriend owns. They told me there was no one in the world that would insure a rental property in Detroit except one company. It took a couple of days to think about and lost $400. So if she already has insurance, she's better off sticking with that. But the reps were great and honest. The online process was easy. I called to get a quote and I had to type in my email address and name in order to get connected with somebody. They gave me a number, I got connected and I got all my questions answered. But then I got emails from outside sources trying to fix my problem when it was already fixed.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I called a bunch of phone numbers that I found on the internet for manufactured home insurance and I found TrustedChoice. Their website was easy to use and the agent I spoke to was good. TrustedChoice has a good price and I was happy with the insurance.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I mostly looked on the internet to find an independent insurance agent, but TrustedChoice looked like a good company. Using their website was easy and it went smoothly. The agent selection process couldn't have gone better and it was easy to communicate with everybody. I like TrustedChoice. I'd tell friends to go there and check it out. TrustedChoice would help with what they needed and they'd be happy like I was.

TrustedChoice.com expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Based in Minneapolis, Trustedchoice.com is an independent insurance supplier. The company works with over 140,000 independent insurance agents to connect you to the agent who fits your needs.

• Personalized coverage: TrustedChoice.com pairs with agents who supply home, life, business, car and boat insurance. Together, they work to supply you with an insurance package that covers all of your needs.

• Find an Agent: The website’s Find an Agent tool uses your information to connect you with a local agent who supplies the kind of insurance you’re looking for.

• Independent agents: TrustedChoice.com’s agents aren’t bound to any particular insurance company; instead, they offer policies from multiple insurance carriers.

• Other insurance: TrustedChoice.com also insures assets like RVs, ATVs, personal watercrafts, snowmobiles and trailers.

• Best for: people who need insurance on many different items.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky