Call toll free
4.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Video
View More View More

138 TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 11, 2019

When we were applying for a mortgage, we were asked to have homeowner's insurance. I had been thinking about going through an independent agent to get it, and then my dad recommended TrustedChoice. I then talked to the agent and told him what we were looking for, and then he did the rest. Navigating through their website was easy, but it wasn't the greatest. I had to click through so many pages in order to see all the information about my options. I had to click on one and then click again to get to the next one, then click back to read everything or open a bunch of tabs to compare them. I hope there's some way that it's easier to see multiple at one time to be able to compare them.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased a new property and was looking for the best rates for a homeowner's insurance. Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance was recommended by a broker that I was working with. I began my search for an independent agent online and navigating the Trusted Choice website was pretty easy. I put in my requirements and I got a bunch of recommendations. The options I received were good. A couple of them never returned my calls, which was disappointing, or never responded to a request. But the one that did, worked out. The agent selected was accurate to the information that I provided and I ended up going with them. I submitted the requirements and they met that at a very good rate.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We were looking for different insurance companies for my boss Ken's home so that he’d be covered. We searched online and found TrustedChoice on the internet, and they were in the area. I filled out a questionnaire, looked up somebody’s email and sent them a message saying that I was in need of insurance, and I got a reply. They were listed, so we chose to go with them. Although it took a while for someone to call me back, they did and they were polite.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had an insurance on my home and someone called me saying that they had better insurance available for me and I could change it. I thought they were my advisor from my mortgage company, so, I said that I would. I did what they asked and everything seemed to be going through. Within days, I got a cancellation of insurance from the new company saying it wasn't close enough to a fire hydrant. I was scrambling because I had no insurance so I went to the Trusted Choice site. I saw that it looked like it might offer the most help in one place which was what I was looking for. It took them a little bit but they did find me some insurance. I switched and now, I have insurance again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We had our insurance with an independent agent in Kansas for over 34 years. We relocated to Missouri because of a job change for me, but unfortunately, she did not carry coverage in Missouri so we looked for a new carrier. We really love working with our independent agent which is why we went with an independent agent here in the Saint Louis area. She knew about the Trusted Choice network and told us about it. I searched online for an agent and Trusted Choice's website worked really well. We received a follow-up phone call from someone in the company and we told him what we were looking for. Then, they sent out inquiries to several agents and those agents contacted us. One didn't follow through, but the other two provided us with great proposals and we ended up choosing one. It was a really easy process for us to shop for an agent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: May 12, 2019

I found TrustedChoice through a Google search when I was looking to get homeowner's insurance. Their website was easy to use.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My experience with Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance wasn't that great. I was doing price research and it was one place with multiple options. Plus, navigating the site was pretty easy. But all the quotes I received were higher than my current homeowner's insurance.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have insurance but I was looking for a better rate. I called Trusted Choice and told them what I was looking for, and they said they’d give my name to a few people and they’d get back with me. The response was satisfactory, but they just couldn't do any good.

Original review: April 12, 2019

A magazine mentioned that if you want an independent research firm bidding under insurance, then just call Trusted Choice. But I do not think it’s a good company. I had to call back and give the information. It looks like they were not very interested. They said so many people will be calling me, and I only got one response, and the lady gave me a very high price. I won’t recommend Trusted Choice to anybody.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Trusted Choice was the cheapest and they gave me what I wanted. Once they started, the process took less than a week. Their insurance guy was good too.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

It was time for my homeowner's insurance to be renewed. I dealt with independent agents before and I kinda like their modus operandi. I had a good experience with Trusted Choice. They gave me enough choices locally that I could pick from. It was all online. For what I needed, Trusted Choice was very good at what they did. The only thing was they limited to me the three providers. Four or five would probably have been better.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I was gonna purchase a property, so I started searching for homeowner's insurance. I found Trusted Choice online and their website was very easy to navigate. I liked their rate, but I couldn’t go through with the purchase of their homeowner's insurance because the deed was incorrect. So, we didn’t close, the contract fell through, and I ended up not using Trusted Choice as my insurance provider. Nevertheless, the experience that I had with them was good.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

TrustedChoice's website was easy to use and I was able to find my insurance company. There was a couple of different matching insurance and four all together worked for me.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I needed homeowners insurance for the home that I was buying and based on the pricing, I went with Trusted Choice. The process was all done online and I didn't really have to do too much. So that was good. The website was also easy to use and navigate and it was not overly intimidating. Everybody that I've dealt with also seemed good and professional. It was a positive experience with Trusted Choice.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We moved from South Carolina to Florida so I was looking for a new homeowners insurance. It was simple using the Trusted Choice website and the experience went smoothly. It gave me some good options and we accepted the three agents but only one of them got back to me. We ended up using another broker.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We bought a manufactured home and I needed a mobile home insurance. The Trusted Choice website came up and they sent me to different insurance companies and gave me the information for the agents.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was gonna change my homeowners insurance carrier and got some quotes online from insurance companies. But I knew that there were some other companies out there that I would be interested in. I also felt more comfortable having an agent that had worked for multiple insurance companies, for different choices. So I Googled for independent insurance agents near me and found Trusted Choice. Their website was easy to navigate and their agent options were great and the company, that I chose, provided good service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My rates went up, so I looked for something that was gonna be more comparable. I dealt with Tammy at Trusted Choice and she was very helpful and sweet. It was a good experience. But I wasn't able to get insurance because of the number of claims I had, so Tammy is gonna call me back in May.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I needed insurance. I shopped around and used Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance. I did that online and their website was simple to use. I didn't end up with their recommendations because I got a better deal through a broker but the agents they matched me with were very friendly.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I had gotten several quotes from insurance companies since I needed coverage, but I was looking for an independent quote and I found Trusted Choice. I used their tool but I wasn't able to find anything with it. My experience with Trusted Choice didn't end up working out for me, but it was okay.

Original review: July 28, 2018

My current homeowner's insurance was too expensive so I looked for a different one. I heard from a friend that Trusted Choice was a good way to go. Their website worked well and the agent they matched me with came out to be a better deal on the insurance company that I took.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The person that I dealt with at Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance was really nice, but it took too much time just sitting there for two hours. Other than that, the experience I had with them was okay.

TrustedChoice.com Homeowners Insurance response

We're sorry to hear about your experience and the time it took to get you the answers you needed.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I was looking for a homeowners insurance with the best price and Trusted Choice was the one that came up with a quote. I just gave them what we had on the other policy and they came up with the same thing.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I used to have First American and then I switched over to Select. I had been looking around at the time for a better home warranty although First American was really good, except for the price started going up than a lot of the other ones. They were really expensive on the service fees and didn't cover everything that my other one did. I was looking for full coverage and I was trying to find a third company that had a large amount and so that they can compare. The online process was simple and straightforward and I was able to compare and look at everything and come up with an idea of what would possibly be a good one if I decided I wanted to choose one and I decided not just to choose one. Everything worked just fine.

I didn't really care about Select's service. They were not very professional. My washer went bad and they were going to warranty it but then they said it was so old and they'd only give me a $100 for it. That didn't fix the problem. And then I thought about going to Trusted Choice and I thought they'd reach me up on that. They were expensive for the plan and with monthly, I would be paying $75 to $100 for service call fees. Nonetheless, Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance would be good to use.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Every year I search for homeowners insurance to make sure that I’m getting the best bang for my dollar. I went with an independent agent because if I go through them, I get that one-on-one instead of being just a number. I started online and when I started comparing, I sent out questions to the ones that I was interested in which ended up being about four of them. Mitch was the one that started the process and whenever I wasn't able to get a hold of him, Dave would either give me the answer or pass on my message to Mitch. When Mitch went on a cruise over the weekend, Dave forwarded the message that I wanted and Mitch got back to me while he was on the cruise. They got back to me on time, usually within a couple of hours or within the hour after sending an email or placing a call. They called me back with the information I was looking for. That's what led me to decide that Trusted Choice was the one I should go with.

They paid attention to detail instead of just giving me a quote and not worry whether I went with them or not and never called back. I started eliminating from four down to two and then to the one I ended up going with. The experience was great. I also got some flood insurance from Trusted Choice even though I'm not in a flood area. I've always had the insurance and the company that I was at before is the same, and through Trusted Choice and talking with them, I was able to keep the same rate from previous years instead of getting a 20% hike just because we had a hurricane or a few of them. I would tell my friends to give Trusted Choice a call. I’m the vice president for my office and I told my partner and my manager to make sure to give them a call when it was time for them to shop around. We all need homeowners insurance or flood insurance. I told them to make Trusted Choice one of the companies that they get a bit from and then go from there.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We were looking for a homeowners insurance for our home purchase and selected TrustedChoice based on the insurance market. Their reps explained what their insurance is and it was successful.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We've had issues with consumer stuff here and there, big-ticket items, and the government entities and the attorney generals have been absolutely worthless about everything. It's been many years and I should re-shop things once in a while. I called with a simple question that I can't find in the policy and the existing broker started getting all huffy with me the last few years. I asked my husband what was going on with those people and if they were having issues. The rep emailed my husband and said they were sorry that they didn't keep us as a client. They wished that we had talked to them first, but I said that they get all huffed up just answering simple questions.

I'm not one of those people that are high maintenance. We had a 45-foot steel sailboat under our dock levering it up. We had some wingnut in the harbor that got hired by Amazon and started shooting up the entire bay. We're the only house that put a bullet through our house. I called about that and I said that I was looking at the policy, and our deductible was way too high and was all on us. I asked a simple question and they told me to refer to my insurance company, Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance, and that they were the broker and they didn’t know, and they weren’t going to handle any questions. I told them that I wasn’t making a claim, but was asking about the coverage. They would know better than anybody, but they interacted like I interrupted them at 2:00 in the morning and it was not even at lunch time. I don't call businesses at lunch time so it was very courteous.

I decided to change brokers and Adam of the Klee Company answered my question. They exerted the effort to find the best fit to make sure we were getting what we needed. They chose Trusted Choice with the fact that somebody gets back to me in a timely manner is huge. We have some big assets, so I'm dealing with it the same way and the fact that we have to bump our deductible up to $10,000 because I'm paying $13,000 plus a year and we got $10,000 deductible. We didn't make any claims because it doesn't cover it. Like the sailboat on our dock at 3:00 in the morning and a bullet hole through the thing, it was for us to fix.

Adam found this deductible credit that was not found by my previous company. He looked into all the aspects and tried to find savings or more coverage for me. And that was really what I was looking for. I don't re-shop it every year but roll it over. But if I have some concerns, I'll ask a quick question before the new enrollment period. He did a really good job. And when I asked a question, he answered it.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Liberty Mutual had a $500 price increase on my truck. So I wanted to find somebody who would shop everything and not just one company and I found Trusted Choice. They found me a local agent, who I felt comfortable with. The interaction between the agent and I was very professional, no pressure, and there was unbiased information. When I ask a question about opinions about things, they gave their most professional opinion as they could. It was a smooth process. Trusted Choice is the best option to shop for your insurance.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I found somebody that I liked through Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance. I was looking to change since the prices where I was continued to go up. I've never had any claims or anything else, and the price just kept going up and up. I also wanted somebody fairly near the area between where I work and my house. I first narrowed it down there, and then I called them and sent them emails to see how fast they responded. It got me the choices narrowed down to a handful. And then, I started with the person that responded the fastest and had her give me a quote and kind went from there.

It was fairly easy because it asked me location, gave me a map to look at so I could see exactly where these folks were because I don't want to drive. If I have to go to their office for whatever reason, I didn't want to have to drive too far. The map helped me focus in on nearby people. And then I was looking for an independent agent, so it helped me narrow the focus. Then the company's agent called me right back. I told her what I was looking for and she responded within an hour of some kind of a general quote. I gave more specifics, then she got right back to me. It was all done within 24 hours.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I wanted a cheaper insurance and went with an independent agent company because it was quicker and just calling around individually. I searched the internet and Trusted Choice Homeowners Insurance came up. It was a bunch of questions and then that was it. I found myself having to answer the same questions over again with the people, but they got me in touch with others. I’d recommend TrustedChoice. It’s a website where you could get leads on a bunch of people.

TrustedChoice.com expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Based in Minneapolis, Trustedchoice.com is an independent insurance supplier. The company works with over 140,000 independent insurance agents to connect you to the agent who fits your needs.

• Personalized coverage: TrustedChoice.com pairs with agents who supply home, life, business, car and boat insurance. Together, they work to supply you with an insurance package that covers all of your needs.

• Find an Agent: The website’s Find an Agent tool uses your information to connect you with a local agent who supplies the kind of insurance you’re looking for.

• Independent agents: TrustedChoice.com’s agents aren’t bound to any particular insurance company; instead, they offer policies from multiple insurance carriers.

• Other insurance: TrustedChoice.com also insures assets like RVs, ATVs, personal watercrafts, snowmobiles and trailers.

• Best for: people who need insurance on many different items.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky