4.22/5
  • 1 star
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

TrustedChoice.com Video
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

57 TrustedChoice.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have used another independent insurance company and I don’t find TrustedChoice to be much different than others. I was trying to ascertain what was out there beyond the bigger name companies and to see what options I had. I was looking through the internet and an umbrella of other companies came up. Dealing with an insurance company per se is difficult and TrustedChoice didn’t strike me as particularly positive. I don’t think they are transparent and they don’t typically use layman’s terms. My experience with TrustedChoice would not encourage me to tell other people to use them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The service from TrustedChoice was better compared to the previous company we had. I looked for an alternative other than an independent agent, and also somebody close. And so far, TrustedChoice worked out. We’re still working on it today, and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I came about TrustedChoice through friends and recommendations, so I feel good about the way I did before reaching out to them myself. It was easy navigating through their site. They gave me a list of people that were brokers and so I selected one nearby and went through the process with them. They looked for insurance which I already had. I was seeing if I could save money, and the conclusion that we both came to was that the insurance provider that they never even mentioned in the search process, and who I already carry, is cheaper. So, it was not a fit for me that time but it made me feel good and I was already with a good company that gave me good insurance.

The only thing that anybody would be concerned with is privacy, sharing of information with a lot of different places and signing up for junk mail. TrustedChoice asked me if I'd like my information to be shared with a bunch of agents to which I selected "no". I didn't want five agents calling me and telling me they want my business. I received a couple of calls and a few emails but it has not been intense.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I got the local contact numbers of insurance companies from TrustedChoice.com and I contacted those companies. But I have questions with the phone numbers provided by TrustedChoice because I used these two times and they never worked for me. So, I searched the names on Google to get some other phone numbers, then I contacted the companies. Right after, I checked with TrustedChoice and I got better discounts than other name brand insurance companies, so I went with TrustedChoice. But website navigation at the site wasn't easy and I wound up speaking with the reps on the phone. But the reps were good and professional and my overall experience with TrustedChoice was very good.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

It was extremely difficult to find insurance for my residence and I went through so many websites. The way I found all of my stuff was basically doing Google searches, forum searches and contacting other people. TrustedChoice helps but it couldn’t help me - it was assistive but I couldn’t use it because of the unique feature of my house. Everything can be very easily navigated and easy to assist me in what I was looking for but it just couldn’t find me what I needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

TrustedChoice seemed so legitimate and didn’t strike me as being sketchy that I never gave it a second thought. They gave me choices and I made the choice.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I was looking for a casualty company so I called TrustedChoice's number and the person I talked to gave me a contact. And then through that contact, I called a few other people that could possibly help. Saint Martin got wrecked by the hurricane and nobody really wants to go in. It was a good experience to have a central intelligence within the insurance industry that could navigate us to companies that could provide service on what we’re looking for. It’s a good service.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was looking for wind insurance and TrustedChoice gave me four wind pool providers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast area. I called each one of them and got quotes and the information I needed. That was easy and the website was very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

TrustedChoice's website was easy to navigate and it was my first time using an insurance brokerage online. However, I didn't end up doing anything with them. I was looking for rental insurance for flood, but I found out that I had to stay with the insurance that I had. It would have been a better fit though.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I thought I could shop around for some homeowner's insurance that would either be in the same range as my provider but perhaps offered a little bit more or would actually be lower. I went with TrustedChoice thinking that they would have an extensive database of insurance providers and could weed out the ones that couldn’t help and find one or two that could. But they weren’t able to assist me and I'm very disappointed. If they listened very carefully to the circumstances, they would not have wasted their time or mine. They could have said there was nothing they could do for me and I would have respected that a lot more.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm so sorry you were not satisfied with the insurance agency results in Orangeburg, SC. I had one of our customer service reps reach out to you to see if we can figure out how to better assist you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was searching homeowner’s insurance and TrustedChoice was one of the sites that popped up. I tried their website, told them what I was looking for, grabbed the quote and they put me in contact with three other agencies but they weren’t able to provide. My situation for living is kind of unique, and nobody can provide insurance unless I go to the state. But my experience with TrustedChoice was convenient and I would tell my friends to try it.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The navigation on TrustedChoice was very easy and I had a very good experience. I was very grateful that information was available to me. I felt it was better to know ahead of time which insurance companies could help me because typically when I would do a search, I would get bogged down with hundreds of offers, not even knowing if they were local or if they could cover my property. TrustedChoice really narrowed it down for me and it gave me the limited number of companies that could help me, and I found a new company. I would definitely recommend that others do a search on TrustedChoice.com because it really cuts out all the guesswork. Their name, TrustedChoice, says it all and they live up to that from my experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I was looking for insurance in Boston, Massachusetts for one of my houses in Salem. I went online and TrustedChoice just popped up. I put in some information and then, some people called me. The website was fine, but I ended up going elsewhere. The reps weren't too knowledgeable about their products. One person said they're going to call me back but never called me back. One lady gave me a quote and that was it. I ended up just calling another company in the general area.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I was trying to find an insurance company and somebody recommended TrustedChoice to me. Navigating through their website was fine. However, they didn't want to take me because of lapse of insurance and they explained what was going on. I spoke to an agent and I was given some referrals for some other insurance companies that were helpful. They did very well in getting back with me and it has been an informative experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had an excellent experience with TrustedChoice. We've been with Allstate for many years but their rates went up and the representation went down so we decided to give them up. We went with an independent agent who doesn’t have the overhead that Allstate has. I looked up an agent close by and called up Sylvia from TrustedChoice. She was never pushy and I gave her all the info she needed. She called back a couple of days later and gave us a quote. She waited for a month but we still haven't made our decision and she asked to set a date to call back. But I called back and made an appointment to go over and see her. We met up, we liked her and signed up.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I picked an insurance through TrustedChoice. It was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

When I lived in Florida, I had my own insurance that got renewed automatically. Then I moved to South Carolina when I got a home up here and took over the vacation house. I was renting a home from a family member and I was trying to find renter's insurance for it. Whatever Google brought up is what I used and I went with TrustedChoice.com. I never got answers from their website or who they sent my information out to, so I ended up having to go to the phonebook and find people manually. The people that the website recommended wouldn't insure me because I've never had renter's insurance before and I was a new customer here in South Carolina. I had to find some mom-and-pop shop out of the phonebook who would be able to help me.

To a friend who would ask about TrustedChoice.com, I would say good luck because if you find someone on there that will help you, great. If not, keep going for something. I'm trying to be nice and I only had one experience with them, and that one time they answered the right questions and they were fine. It's just I couldn’t get any help from them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The current insurance that I use for my car insurance recommended TrustedChoice. My renters insurance with TrustedChoice was the one I was looking for and it covers everything that I needed. Their reps were very helpful, understanding, and knowledgeable. So I had an excellent experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I did a google search and I went to the floodinsurance.gov website and from there, I ended up with TrustedChoice.com. Navigating through the website was easy. The agent selection process was fine. The agent selected was accurate to the information that I provided. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We were looking for an insurance for a new home and found TrustedChoice.com. Their website was straightforward and somebody ended up calling me. They also did a couple of estimates for me, but it wasn’t a better deal. But TrustedChoice.com was easy to use and it was what I was looking for.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

TrustedChoice is my brokerage company and they set me up with GEICO as my current insurance. I had USAA previously and had been with them for 17 years but they cancelled on me when I missed the date to pay my insurance when my mother passed away. I had to put out $1100 up in advance in order to get my good standing back. USAA cancelled both my house and car insurance. I was trying to get my house insured but because I was cancelled, I couldn't get anybody to insure me including GEICO. However, I went ahead and got car insurance.

My girlfriend and her husband have GEICO and they recommended it to me. I signed up with them since they were reasonable and would rather have them than not having insurance at all. I pursued calling GEICO until they called me back, and then I went ahead and got insurance. The people I talked to on the phone were nice. I worked with a guy and a girl. The guy explained to me a couple of times and I told him that I'm still lost, and young people nowadays don't have patience and get frustrated. Same goes with the girl I worked with, they made me feel like a military cattle. I liked using USAA since I normally got older people and established people in the company. But overall, my experience with TrustedChoice was okay.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The TrustedChoice ad I saw on TV said that you can get online, get different agents then do a comparison of what you are paying and what you're getting for an insurance. I did that and didn't have any trouble navigating on the TrustedChoice website, but I didn't have a really great experience with the agents. One lady responded very quickly but when she got back to me, she couldn’t help me out in any way. She looked at all my policies but couldn’t give me anything better than what I had with my current insurance, Farm Bureau. Everything was more expensive on my insurance with her. The other fella I spoke with who was over on M-44 over here in Rockford, we brought our papers over to him so he could use a comparison, but he never got back to us. I suspected that he couldn’t offer anything better than what I had, so he didn’t bother to call me.

I was a little disappointed as I had the idea that maybe the agents were more competitive than what I have. In the end, I'm staying with the company that I've been with. I don’t like to waste my time but I could see where the agents are at. If you call them, they're not going to be able to really get into details about what they can do for you or what they cannot do for you until they see the policies that you have.

TrustedChoice.com response

I'm sorry you were disappointed that our agents could not give you a better rate than what you have right now. Every person and every policy is different, sometimes it is best to stick with what you have currently. Thanks for giving us a shot we appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was looking for a home insurance and it was my first time to have one. I went to Trusted Choice's website and navigating through it was easy. However, it took a little more than I was expecting to get a callback and while waiting, I looked for other options. The next day, I got a callback from Trusted Choice. My shopping around ended up in me getting a better deal on insurance. I had a great service and I really appreciate that.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was looking for insurance and the companies that came up said that they did mobile home. When I hit it, the search engine came up with TrustedChoice. After I got the names, I Googled each agency to see where they were and what they did, but they weren't open when I contacted them. So I left messages and then I got confirmation. They were very helpful and some of the people I spoke to were very nice. They tried to help me out but it didn't work out. They don't specialize if you are looking for specialty insurance. I was suggested to go to high-risk insurance because of mobile homes. So, I wound up getting insurance through an agency who specializes in mobile homes.

When I ask for a particular type of insurance, the search engine picks up "home" and disregard "mobile". But the advertisement said that they did cover it, but all the agencies they sent me to did not. But these agencies they recommended were all reputable and every person who worked there tried to help me out and gave me recommendations to go other places. Also, the operator from TrustedChoice that I spoke to bent over backward to try to find things for me and was looking all over. So, I would highly recommend the service, just not the search engine when it came to finding what I needed to find.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had been a customer of Progressive for 10 years. However, I was getting really high quotes on house insurance so I thought of using TrustedChoice, whose info I got from a lady agent at MetLife. She was awesome, and I was shocked that she referred me to someone else. She asked me to try AllState, which was $6,800. I paid $10,000 for the year at Progressive. The Allstate lady has also been great. And although my policy is new, everything so far is good. I would recommend TrustedChoice to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was looking for an insurance company that wouldn't try to charge me a whole lot of money, one that was going to be fair, and I went with the name Trusted. A lady from TrustedChoice called me back and gave me some information. She’s supposed to call me again but I never got a return call.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I recently purchased insurance with State Fund through TrustedChoice.com. The price was good and they were really nice. They called me back and it was easy to contact them too. They're the best and everything was great.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I used CareFirst before, that was at the third shop across the street from our building so it was convenient for me. Then, my boyfriend found the information about TrustedChoice online and he told me to call a number, which happened to be Mark's. Mark was the one that helped me with my home insurance and he was great. I had it a month ago. I needed the coverage within less than 24 hours when I forgot to renew my policy and he took care of it. The turnaround time was a big deal. It was amazing and I was really grateful for his work. He was very fast and he answered all my questions. TrustedChoice is really awesome. I don’t have any complaints.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was searching online, clicking as quickly as possible and typing, trying to look for a solution for insurance, looking up names. I probably researched over 20 that day. TrustedChoice's platform was different. You could see a lot more information -- and straightforward information were given.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My mom referred me to TrustedChoice when I moved from the old place I was renting. I got a homeowner's insurance from Valentine Insurance Agency through Progressive. The agent Raph was as nice as he could be and he transferred the homes. Right now, we've been busy unpacking and painting. We're also trying to see what we all need to fix. The insurance man said the backstairs need to be fixed and so we did it. It's just that, with all the rains, it's not yet done. We've got the boards around instead. Then we ran into a gas leak so I had the gas company come out. They said the stove is not good.

TrustedChoice.com Company Information