Policygenius Homeowners Insurance Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

PolicyGenius makes it easy to compare before you buy. Schedule some time to speak with a licensed agent to help match you with the best coverage plan to fit your needs and save you up to 40%.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More
Policygenius Homeowners Insurance Visit Website

Policygenius Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 4, 2019

Policygenius takes away the onerous task of looking up multiple insurance policy providers and comparing all the features and pricing. It is an innovative service where Policygenius staff handholds the customer from inception till signing up for the policy.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2019

From a few simple questions online, to a quick phone call, to ongoing service, Policygenius has always had team members available to help. I received transparent, objective quotes to switch my current insurance provider, and Policygenius helped make the transition. They made it easy to shop for a better policy, and assisted with everything from getting quotes to responding to the insurer's concerns from the inspection.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I talked with a few different people at Policygenius and they were all helpful. They responded to my questions quickly and they were able to find an insurance policy that saved me about $300 per year between my homeowners and auto policies.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I used Policygenius initially for Life Insurance. I was so happy with their service and the options they found me that I came back for homeowner's insurance. I ended up using the same company they found me for auto insurance too. Very happy customer.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

If you're thinking about using Policygenius to compare homeowners insurance quotes, a piece of advice: don't. First, they sent emails assuring me that they were experiencing a high volume of requests but offered to try to expedite my request if I replied to their emails. So I did so, and I soon received another email telling me that they simply could not complete my request unless I sent them another email. So I did so. I'm not sure why they require this type of runaround, but I guess they're trying to ensure that they don't waste their time on frivolous requests.

I finally get my quote almost three weeks after I first submitted my request. But they quoted me for renters insurance, even though I specifically requested homeowners insurance. I let them know of their mistake, and I received a snarky reply by email telling me that I had checked a box saying that I am a renter. There is a section of the form that asks for your current address and whether you rent or own. I entered my current address and selected that I rent. Because I am buying a house (also provided the address for the new property), I am currently renting. It seems the agent misinterpreted their own form and blamed it on me. Worth noting is that Policygenius recommended MetLife for my renters insurance.

Finally, I get my homeowners insurance quote. It's also for Metlife. There is no comparison between different insurers offered. Funnily enough, I had already received a quote from Geico that was for $1,000 less than the MetLife quote from Policygenius. All I can conclude is that Policygenius is inefficient and ineffective because they're slow and did not even get me the best quote. They don't allow you to compare policies. It also seems they have some deal to shill MetLife. They advertise heavily on podcasts, so I would also take any positive reviews with a grain of salt--they seem to have an extensive marketing budget. Avoid at all costs.

Policygenius Homeowners Insurance response

Hi,

My name is Jonathan, and I am one of the managers on the Policygenius home & auto team. I wanted to personally reach out to apologize for your experience. Please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated as we continue to work to improve both our products and processes.

Not only should you have received your options in a more timely manner, but your property should have been quoted correctly the first time. This was absolutely an error on our part and I’m sorry that this was not effectively communicated to you immediately after it happened.

With respect to our recommendation, we work with several carriers and are not incentivized to recommend one over another. We simply present the option that we believe is in our client’s best interest.

Ultimately our mission here at Policygenius is to provide an unprecedented consultative client experience and once again, I’m genuinely sorry that we were unable to deliver that to you.

I am more than happy to be your main point of contact from here on out so please feel free to reach out to me directly at 855-695-2255 x2 if you would like to discuss your experience further or share any specific concerns.

Jonathan

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I had a fantastic experience working with PolicyGenius. I was assigned an agent named Fabio and he was very patient with me. He listened to all my questions, provided thorough answers, and did a great job of explaining the process. Highly recommend!

Policygenius Homeowners Insurance Company Information