Progressive Motorcycle Insurance

Compare Motorcycle Insurance

Research top Motorcycle Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very professional and nice. I really enjoyed my experience with them and would continue my services and the products are great. Very sufficient. I didnt have any problems filing my claim and found it very easy when I did have to call them when I got hit by another driver and they didnt have insurance and found it easy to have them. There are many services to choose from and we have multiple products from them and we like their services and they have good policies for everyone - auto, home. It's a coverage that makes me not have to worry when we travel because it covers me wherever we go and its very unique coverage. Has great rates and coverages.

I never had any serious issues with the insurance company. They have always been willing to answer all my inquires when needed. I was always able to reach them in a timely manner so that time was never a factor. The claim process ran like clock work in which I never had a serious issues with getting my claim process in a timely manner. I didn't have to wait through too many reps to get my claim process. There were several policy options; however, I did feel that more options could be offered to better assist the customer to get more from the insurance company. There were standard options and extended options. Both of these options will provided great coverage. The reps were very helpful in getting me the right coverage and questions answered.

They have, without a doubt some of the best customer service in the auto-insurance business. They are almost always very friendly and sound like they like their job, which is rare for that business. I have been fortunate enough to not have ever had to go through claims processing in my five year history with them but you can expect it would be very good. There are more policies than you think when it comes to motorcycles. The ones Progressive offer are various and can fit any of your needs. The coverage options are excellent. They have all the options you could think of and help you with a plan that fits your individual needs.

It was good service. I thought that service couldn't get as good. It was really refreshing to see people actually caring. I'm definitely a good satisfied customer. I will refer you guys to everyone I know basically. It's really a blessing. The policy is ok with me because it gets right down to the point and with no regrets. The coverage could be a lot better.

They were always giving superior customer service. They were always one step ahead. Very satisfied with the level of support that I received. Never had any claims, so this was a good thing. But, I would have expected their claims service to be excellent. I heard a testimonial from another customer that they were quick and professional with their claims processing. They offered many policy options that were very much fitting my needs. Very comprehensive policy options and choices. Offered uninsured motorist and under insured motorist. Offered a great deductible and low monthly payment. Did not leave out any details. Covered every possible scenario with care and excellence. I was very impressed with the attention to detail and the customer service with regard to the coverage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Motorcycle Insurance?

Decided to check them out after the flood of advertisements. The insurance was easy to get. I never had the misfortune of having to file a claim. Never had to file a claim although I've heard nothing but good things about the claims process. Customer service is amazing. They definitely put the customer first. This is a good time to check it out. You can choose your policy type. You and your agenda can sit down and discuss your options. You can choose the amount of coverage and your due date. Easy and painless. You can get the coverage you need in a quick manner. Whether it is home insurance policy you're looking to take out or a motorcycle policy, this is the company to go to.

I called customer service because the bill I had paid was not showing up in my account. The customer service rep was very kind about it and looked up my account to see if they could find the problem and they did. Very helpful. I really didn't have to go through this process but my stepdad did and he said that when he was going through it he didn't have any hassle with them with this process. There were a lot of policies to choose from and they were very inexpensive to pay for. I chose which one I wanted and I paid for it right on the computer which was nice. Even the rep explained each one to me. Since I have a package deal I did my car and my motorcycle together. It came out cheaper by making a bundle like that and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Customer service was rude - then when I was to have it suspended they never did so 4 months after the fact I got a bill that said I owed them money. I always park my bike for winter and when I confronted them about my bill they said they had record of me asking for it but they NEVER suspended it and I was not able to be reimbursed as I should have noticed it - even though I pay every 6 months. Fortunately I have never had to use claim services and am glad that I never had to use them. I have heard that they do process them in a timely manner. I was happy that I was able to choose my policy that fit my needs - they offer different policies to fit your needs. I was able to combine for multi discount. They offer good prices for coverage and depending on how much you want to pay for a deductible I choose the $500 deductible which is a great price for those that can't afford much more.

They were knowledgeable, polite, friendly and fair. They answered all our questions thoroughly and we left feeling we were safe and in very good hands, feeling like it was well worth the money we spent. We had a very minor accident where the other party was at fault, and it was handled quickly, fairly and efficiently. We even had to call back with more questions, and we were given a lot of time and attention. We had options concerning the cap, and we were helped to make up our mind given our specific needs. They did not try to get more money out of us than what was necessary. We were offered many options, from high amounts to low, and we decided on somewhere in the middle after talking it over. They really know their subject and explain it well.

Their customer service is awesome and convenient and anytime I need to adjust or call for an adjustment they are quick and easy to help. I've never had to use the claims processing unit, but I've had others use them. They are horrible to deal with and take forever to handle things. There are many options that I had to choose from. I could pick and adjust my rate to what I could afford and the perfect coverage that I wanted for my motorcycle. Very easy to look into.

Every time I had to call to talk with an agent they were very helpful. They met my needs and took care of all the problems I was having. I like dealing with them. When I had to put a claim in they took care of it between 2 to 4 days. I was very satisfied with their customer service. They helped me out with what I was going through and the problem was solved. My policy has been very helpful to me. They cover just about everything. I am very satisfied with my policy. I would never find anyone else. I have collision, theft, hit and run. Also have a very low deductible. Would not go to anyone else for better coverage. I am very happy with my policy. I would never change my policy.

Very friendly. Went out the extra mile to ensure I got everything I needed. My expectations were far exceeded and my confidence that I chose the right company were all due to the excellent service I received. I did not have any claims but I am confident if I did that it would of been handled with the same professionalism that I received when I registered for insurance. Policy I have provides me the affordability I seek in a policy. I feel that my policy includes all the bells and whistles that I feel I got a great value. My policy covers all the liability and collision that I need. I got the coverage at a very affordable price and feel secure with my selection.

I find their service the best I have seen from any company. I got them thinking they are all the same then came to find they are great and features are great. The process of claims are so easy. I had a fender bender with then I rolled my bike into a car lol don't ask. They did everything to get me the best price they could. They had the best policy for me. I was like wow I got just what I need and I did not have to go to end of world to find it. Found policy just for me and I love it. They keep me covered in every step of the way. I love how well it is. I feel like the coverage I get is top notch and they are really there for me when I need them.

The people are so nice and the insurance is affordable. I recommend it to anybody. I tried other insurances but they were not very helpful and they were expensive. My claims processing was great. It is very cheap and they are very nice people. I love Progressive. It fits my budget. I recommend it to all my family, friends, strangers. My policy options are going great. They are inexpensive. I can afford them. Not like the other insurances. They cost way too much and I will stay with Progressive as long as I can. The coverage options are great. If I get into an accident, I know I am covered with no problems. The other insurances did not cover me as much as Progressive.

I called to let Progressive know I sold my motorcycle on a particular day. I spoke to a young, not very knowledgeable girl by the name of Jessica. She told me I had to send proof via email to show date of sale and then she would refund my money back to the ACH account I paid for it with last year. I told her that I closed that account. She said it doesn't matter, their policy is to still try and send it back to the bank I paid on. That's more than crazy, if I tell them I closed that account with that bank.

She said that's their policy and that's just the way it's going to be. I asked to speak to her manager about 10 times without success. I then listened to her rudely ramble about that it's Progressive's policy to just send the money to the bank account regardless if that account is open or not. I then finally, yes, finally got to speak to her supervisor Bethany. She said they will send it back to the closed account and that's just the way it is there at Progressive. I have the phone conversation recorded and am turning it over to the insurance commissioner of Florida. I did tell her I was recording the conversation just like they said I'm being recorded.

Great customer service. I would definitely deal with this insurance. It has great prices for me. I would definitely recommend family to my insurance. Everything in the policy option is great for me to deal with. I love the way their policy rules are. I am very satisfied with the company's coverage. The coverage can and will totally cover me. I will continue to deal and love their coverage.

The customer service with Progressive Insurance was great! They were very helpful with explaining everything to me about what they have to offer! I was also able to call and talk to a real person anytime I had any questions or concerns! They were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and explained how everything gets handled! It was a good experience dealing with them, and also a fast process! I was satisfied with the different policy options as I was able to pick one that best fit my specific needs! It was an overall great experience to have an insurance policy with them! The coverage was what you can expect from a typical insurance company, however it was an overall good experience and fit my needs at the time!

I have always had exceptional customer service from Progressive. They explained my whole policy and what I am covered for in a way that I could clearly understand. They have always been polite and answer all my questions clearly and promptly. You won't regret having Progressive on your side just in case. The claims process was amazing. It was easy to understand and do. Progressive is with you the whole way through. They will help you and ensure that you don't have any troubles. They answer all your questions promptly and make you feel great in the end

I honestly believe that Progressive has the best policy options for motorcycle insurance. They have a variety for you to choose from and make sure to explain the all to you so you can make an informed decision. In the end you wont regret going with Progressive. Their policies are very easy to understand so it saves you the headache. I believe that Progressive has superb coverage. You could go on a cross-country road trip on your motorcycle and they would have your back. They cover a variety of things so you won't have to worry. They go above and beyond for you.

They are somewhat slow on answering your questions. But once they do, the answers are helpful. However, I do not like that I don't have an agent or representative assigned to me. Sometimes, I feel like just a number. They are always friendly and helpful when I call to make a claim. Other companies I have worked with in the past have been rude when making a claim. I wish they had more policy options suitable for my needs. I feel as though I am paying for coverage and options that I do not need. It seems like a waste of money at times. Although I believe I am paying for more coverage than I need, I have to agree that they have covered everything that I have ever had to put in a claim for.

It was a new bike and had two other vehicles insured with Progressive. I was fortunate in that I never had to file a claim. However they were happy to increase the value of my hog after I was finished customizing it. Progressive had a few policy options and the costs between policy options were not that great. Plus most of my upgrade were Screaming Eagle and Progressive ensured that if in an accident only Harley and Harley Screaming Eagle components would be used. Progressive wrote a policy that insure my Fat Boy was cover from "tires to tank" and front to back. I was so happy that I insured the next bike added to my Fat Boy, a deluxe.

Was rear ended and contacted Progressive to make a claim. They first wanted to know if we were all right, then was very fast and easy to help us with getting our bike repaired and contacting the other person's insurance company. They took their time in helping us with all the things that we needed to do to complete the claim. They took care of working with the other insurance company so it wasn't a hassle for us. Progressive has many different policies to choose from, many different options that you can get policies for. They help you find the best policy for you and your budget. The coverage is very good. You can have a lot or just enough that is legal. They help you figure out just how much coverage that is good for you.

They are very helpful and caring. I couldn't ask for a better insurance service. I will be with them for years to come. The claim process is best. It's fast, great quality, great value. It's extremely good at what it does. I couldn't ask for anything better. Policy is best. I would recommend it to anyone that wants the best policy you can have. It really is among the best of the best. It's reliable and very trusting, very good coverage, not too many you would find better. It makes me happy.

It is best for me. It took care of my family when I needed it. And it still takes care of me today. I would like to express that there are few companies anywhere like that. I appreciate the progression they give, it is better for me to know to go for me it is best. I like it very much to me. It is a good company for all options and it has taken care of my family to be in the way. It is better for me to find a company that will take care of me and my family, and Progressive is the company that cares for it and takes care of my family.

The Customer service is great. Always fast, always helpful, very friendly! One of the best brands. I'm very proud to be a customer in this! No waiting lines, you can change things online really fast. The claims processing is really fast. I never used them. But I know from a friend that he needed this. And he was really satisfied with the fast process! He recommended that to me. The policy is great, really simple to understand and reasonable. When you have a problem, call the line they give you right away a really good answer on your problem. The coverage you can choose is really simple to understand. There are many options you can choose. Really easy and simple! Coverage prices are good to understand.

I have renter's insurance through them currently, and it is like I have peace of mind on my home, but for little cost. I decided to get it last year after I purchased my new car and signing up it gave me the option to add it to my policy. Very affordable and I would have been silly not to! I would say they have the fastest and most helpful claims department I have ever had to deal with. We have had to use them last year when we had some storm damage on the house that affected some of our belongings, and they arrived within 24 hours after I filed a claim from my smartphone!

They offer you so many ways to save when adding this policy. If you bundle your home and car together, you get the best rate out there. I ended up only paying $14 a month for renter's insurance on my home. It was the best rate I had ever been quoted. They offer many options to fit your needs when you are signing up or even getting a quote. You can add or take away things, plus up your coverage or just get the basics. They will walk you through it all online or from your smartphone. They make it so easy to pick them as an insurance company.

Usually quick to answer my questions when I need them, and no real issues with my plan as of yet. I wish they had more options to account for different amounts of money one would be willing to put into their insurance. It's expensive no matter what, and I wish it was more affordable. It's one of the best in the market in terms of their coverage. It covers almost everything you could want covered from the average customer.

I never filed a claim with them, even on my renter's insurance, but their rates were better than other companies I checked into. They had great rates so I would recommend them to others. They had an easy to understand policy and were available by phone to answer my questions. Overall a good company. Coverage exceeded what I was expecting at a very good rate.

There were never any increases in their rates. The renewal process was very simple and easy to understand. The claims process was simple and easy to understand. I never had to make a claim, which I am happy about. I had their card with the 800 number, and I kept the card in my wallet. The policy options are similar to those in their automobile policy options; collision, a deductible, liability coverage, uninsured motorist, and medical. Their coverages were similar to those of their auto policies. I felt I was covered for just about everything that might happen to me. I never worried about not having enough coverage.

The customer service experience was great. All of my questions were answered in a respectful, caring and timely manner. The reps are very knowledgeable and helpful when resolving any issues that are discussed. The claims process is very easy and quick. The steps that are taken to resolve a claim are easy to understand and easily done. The representatives are helpful and do kind when you speak with them. The policy option is great for any motorist. It has a lot of options to fit any one person's needs. Whether you're a hard motorcycle rider or just a novice rider you can find what's good for you. The coverage is great. From the minimum insurance needs to the highest you can find what you need with the coverage options.

When I asked questions about my insurance the customer representative was very respectful. They explained the benefits of having their services and without having any at all. The service overall was way better than I expected it to be, because this was my first time getting insured. It wasn't too complicated or time consuming, everything was done in a decent time frame. Since it was my first time doing the claims processing the customer representative helped step by step on what it was about. All of my questions were answered with a kind tone. The policy options were pretty good. I chose the cheapest choice because that's what suits my family's needs. I liked the options overall because none of them were contradicting the contract of agreement and were all reasonable reasons. The coverage was a lot lo1nger than I th1ought it was which is awesome. As anyone else coverage is the only way you're protected and they made that very clear.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

As an industry leader in the insurance industry, Progressive offers a range of products designed to protect all types of vehicles.

• Instant online quoting: Progressive's online quote calculator makes buying insurance easier than ever.
  • Low pricing: Motorcycle insurance starts as low as $75 per year.
  • Accessory coverage available: As part of the standard package, Progressive covers accessories up to $3,000 if a covered bike gets totaled.
  • Online claims processing: File a claim online or via the phone, right from the Progressive homepage.
  • Custom motorcycle insurance: For those who put a lot of money into a bike after it comes off the lot, being able to buy up to $30,000 of coverage for customizations is a great option.
  • Best for Weekend warriors, everyday riders and tinkerers.

Compare Motorcycle Insurance

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Company Profile

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance
1937
The Progressive Corporation 6300 Wilson Mills Rd.
Mayfield Village