Progressive Motorcycle Insurance

Compare Motorcycle Insurance

Research top Motorcycle Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The customer service with Progressive Insurance was great! They were very helpful with explaining everything to me about what they have to offer! I was also able to call and talk to a real person anytime I had any questions or concerns! They were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and explained how everything gets handled! It was a good experience dealing with them, and also a fast process! I was satisfied with the different policy options as I was able to pick one that best fit my specific needs! It was an overall great experience to have an insurance policy with them! The coverage was what you can expect from a typical insurance company, however it was an overall good experience and fit my needs at the time!

I have always had exceptional customer service from Progressive. They explained my whole policy and what I am covered for in a way that I could clearly understand. They have always been polite and answer all my questions clearly and promptly. You won't regret having Progressive on your side just in case. The claims process was amazing. It was easy to understand and do. Progressive is with you the whole way through. They will help you and ensure that you don't have any troubles. They answer all your questions promptly and make you feel great in the end

I honestly believe that Progressive has the best policy options for motorcycle insurance. They have a variety for you to choose from and make sure to explain the all to you so you can make an informed decision. In the end you wont regret going with Progressive. Their policies are very easy to understand so it saves you the headache. I believe that Progressive has superb coverage. You could go on a cross-country road trip on your motorcycle and they would have your back. They cover a variety of things so you won't have to worry. They go above and beyond for you.

They are somewhat slow on answering your questions. But once they do, the answers are helpful. However, I do not like that I don't have an agent or representative assigned to me. Sometimes, I feel like just a number. They are always friendly and helpful when I call to make a claim. Other companies I have worked with in the past have been rude when making a claim. I wish they had more policy options suitable for my needs. I feel as though I am paying for coverage and options that I do not need. It seems like a waste of money at times. Although I believe I am paying for more coverage than I need, I have to agree that they have covered everything that I have ever had to put in a claim for.

It was a new bike and had two other vehicles insured with Progressive. I was fortunate in that I never had to file a claim. However they were happy to increase the value of my hog after I was finished customizing it. Progressive had a few policy options and the costs between policy options were not that great. Plus most of my upgrade were Screaming Eagle and Progressive ensured that if in an accident only Harley and Harley Screaming Eagle components would be used. Progressive wrote a policy that insure my Fat Boy was cover from "tires to tank" and front to back. I was so happy that I insured the next bike added to my Fat Boy, a deluxe.

Was rear ended and contacted Progressive to make a claim. They first wanted to know if we were all right, then was very fast and easy to help us with getting our bike repaired and contacting the other person's insurance company. They took their time in helping us with all the things that we needed to do to complete the claim. They took care of working with the other insurance company so it wasn't a hassle for us. Progressive has many different policies to choose from, many different options that you can get policies for. They help you find the best policy for you and your budget. The coverage is very good. You can have a lot or just enough that is legal. They help you figure out just how much coverage that is good for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Motorcycle Insurance?

They are very helpful and caring. I couldn't ask for a better insurance service. I will be with them for years to come. The claim process is best. It's fast, great quality, great value. It's extremely good at what it does. I couldn't ask for anything better. Policy is best. I would recommend it to anyone that wants the best policy you can have. It really is among the best of the best. It's reliable and very trusting, very good coverage, not too many you would find better. It makes me happy.

It is best for me. It took care of my family when I needed it. And it still takes care of me today. I would like to express that there are few companies anywhere like that. I appreciate the progression they give, it is better for me to know to go for me it is best. I like it very much to me. It is a good company for all options and it has taken care of my family to be in the way. It is better for me to find a company that will take care of me and my family, and Progressive is the company that cares for it and takes care of my family.

The Customer service is great. Always fast, always helpful, very friendly! One of the best brands. I'm very proud to be a customer in this! No waiting lines, you can change things online really fast. The claims processing is really fast. I never used them. But I know from a friend that he needed this. And he was really satisfied with the fast process! He recommended that to me. The policy is great, really simple to understand and reasonable. When you have a problem, call the line they give you right away a really good answer on your problem. The coverage you can choose is really simple to understand. There are many options you can choose. Really easy and simple! Coverage prices are good to understand.

I have renter's insurance through them currently, and it is like I have peace of mind on my home, but for little cost. I decided to get it last year after I purchased my new car and signing up it gave me the option to add it to my policy. Very affordable and I would have been silly not to! I would say they have the fastest and most helpful claims department I have ever had to deal with. We have had to use them last year when we had some storm damage on the house that affected some of our belongings, and they arrived within 24 hours after I filed a claim from my smartphone!

They offer you so many ways to save when adding this policy. If you bundle your home and car together, you get the best rate out there. I ended up only paying $14 a month for renter's insurance on my home. It was the best rate I had ever been quoted. They offer many options to fit your needs when you are signing up or even getting a quote. You can add or take away things, plus up your coverage or just get the basics. They will walk you through it all online or from your smartphone. They make it so easy to pick them as an insurance company.

Usually quick to answer my questions when I need them, and no real issues with my plan as of yet. I wish they had more options to account for different amounts of money one would be willing to put into their insurance. It's expensive no matter what, and I wish it was more affordable. It's one of the best in the market in terms of their coverage. It covers almost everything you could want covered from the average customer.

I never filed a claim with them, even on my renter's insurance, but their rates were better than other companies I checked into. They had great rates so I would recommend them to others. They had an easy to understand policy and were available by phone to answer my questions. Overall a good company. Coverage exceeded what I was expecting at a very good rate.

There were never any increases in their rates. The renewal process was very simple and easy to understand. The claims process was simple and easy to understand. I never had to make a claim, which I am happy about. I had their card with the 800 number, and I kept the card in my wallet. The policy options are similar to those in their automobile policy options; collision, a deductible, liability coverage, uninsured motorist, and medical. Their coverages were similar to those of their auto policies. I felt I was covered for just about everything that might happen to me. I never worried about not having enough coverage.

The customer service experience was great. All of my questions were answered in a respectful, caring and timely manner. The reps are very knowledgeable and helpful when resolving any issues that are discussed. The claims process is very easy and quick. The steps that are taken to resolve a claim are easy to understand and easily done. The representatives are helpful and do kind when you speak with them. The policy option is great for any motorist. It has a lot of options to fit any one person's needs. Whether you're a hard motorcycle rider or just a novice rider you can find what's good for you. The coverage is great. From the minimum insurance needs to the highest you can find what you need with the coverage options.

When I asked questions about my insurance the customer representative was very respectful. They explained the benefits of having their services and without having any at all. The service overall was way better than I expected it to be, because this was my first time getting insured. It wasn't too complicated or time consuming, everything was done in a decent time frame. Since it was my first time doing the claims processing the customer representative helped step by step on what it was about. All of my questions were answered with a kind tone. The policy options were pretty good. I chose the cheapest choice because that's what suits my family's needs. I liked the options overall because none of them were contradicting the contract of agreement and were all reasonable reasons. The coverage was a lot lo1nger than I th1ought it was which is awesome. As anyone else coverage is the only way you're protected and they made that very clear.

Friendly customer service and thoughtful, caring representatives that are well qualified for the job. Very helpful and also attentive and truly care about the customers feelings. I personally have never filed a claim on my motorcycle but some close to me have and claim it was a awesome experience and process that was quick and simple to complete. Great tools for navigation on their websites and great options that are suitable for any and every family makeup. Also they have great home and auto-bundling options. Their coverage is made to suit just about any individuals preferences. I was able to easily and quickly find awesome coverage with the help of a representative.

There is not a long hold time when you call customer service. Timely response when trying to find out if certain this are covered under my plan. Luckily I have not had to make a claim thus far. Based on their regular customer service I would expect the claim process to be equally satisfactory. They seem to have a broad coverage plan at a competitive price compared to other agencies that I have compared to. I would recommend them to my friends or family. They cover almost everything from small ticket items all the way to large ticket items, and will customize a plan for you that will fit your budget and property.

I contacted them after having been insured with them for approximately 3 weeks. The motorcycle had been stored for a good 8 months and was in the shop getting ready to ride again. A personal policy was in place. I called to inquire if their personal policies would also cover business use, or vice versa. In the hypothetical event that we chose to utilize the bike as a gas saver when meeting with clients for business. The representative began to type (I could her keyboard) and then stated that she cancelled our policy because they are "now aware the motorcycle could be used for business". One hour and twenty minutes on the phone, to ask a simple question only to have my policy cancelled. They refused to reinstate or maintain the personal policy, even though it is currently being ridden for personal use. I will lose the 3 weeks of money I paid to them (no big deal, but annoying none the less).

It was bizarre, I understand policies and procedures IF we chose to utilize the motorcycle for business, but to submit a cancellation for inquiring about what their different policies cover is weird. It was insane. I will never insure a vehicle through "Drive Insurance" aka Progressive again. I signed up for the policy through AAA, had I talked to Progressive directly from the get go, I would have ran.

My son was involved in a motorcycle accident Feb. 2014, that the other driver was clearly at fault. The accident happened on a Thursday late afternoon, Progressive did not speak to my son until late Friday afternoon and by Monday morning they called and stated my son was actually the one at fault!! Are you kidding me?? They stated they had video to prove it and that they would send it to us. They never have. We had to go to the place and get video ourselves. The video clearly shows the other driver at fault. My husband and I have both done the investigation for Progressive that shows the other driver is at fault. We sent our findings and our copy of the video to Progressive and they have stated they will not change the determination because they already paid the other party. They also stated that their field investigator had just grabbed video on his phone.

We filed a complaint and the response to the complaint is that they now have witnesses. THERE WERE NO WITNESSES. When we asked where they got these witnesses they stated that we gave them to them. Uhhh... Nope, not us. We are pretty sure the witnesses are "friends" of the other party. Progressive is very good at lying, fabricating witnesses, not investigating and more. Do not EVER use this company. I was actually considering switching to them, but after this mess, NO WAY! Progressive employees should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I had Progressive Motorcycle Insurance for almost 1 year when my motorcycle broke down a block from my home. I contacted Progressive to get a tow and they stated that they will contact someone right away and I would get a text who the company was and time to make service. After 1 hour waiting for the tow I contacted the tow company who outright lied and stated they are leaving now. 1 hour later and still NO tow and I again called who stated that they are preparing to leave and had to find straps to secure my bike. After 1 hour later and still NO tow I contacted Progressive and informed them what happened and they stated they would cancel and send someone else. Again after waiting over 2 hours and NO tow, I finally got fed up and contacted Progressive again and told them about the situation and I told them I would push my 650 lb. motorcycle the 1-2 blocks home and will call them the next day and get it towed.

The next day I did provide them with a tow that was local and tows motorcycles and again waited 2 hours with NO response. I finally called the tow who stated they were busy. A short time later the owner of the company showed up with a flatbed tow and stated he will wait there until his trailer makes service which took another 45 minutes. In all the total time I wasted waiting for a tow was over 6-7 hours. I am glad I wasn't stranded on the side of the road in the cold waiting for this service. I again called to complain to Progressive and all they had to say was that they would put those companies on the bottom of the list. Bottom of the list? Why not off the list? Do yourself a favor... if you want to get a motorcycle towed do not get Progressive Insurance. The wait and aggravation and the numerous calls are NOT WORTH IT! I dropped Progressive as soon as the renewal came up... HORRIBLE SERVICE!

My motorcycle insurance is great. I've been with Progressive for about 4 years going on 5 here in May and they always have my back when I need help. I'd recommend this insurance to all motorcycle drivers because they are also cheap and easy to use.

Great value and top notch when it comes to motorcycle insurance... Wouldn't want any other company to cover my gsxr. My husband was involved in a motorcycle accident about four years ago. He was severely hurt and his bike of course was in pieces. One of the first calls he made was to Progressive to let them know about the accident... By the time he was out of the hospital about a month later he was already shopping around for a new bike. Thanks again Pam. :)

My spouse and I were on a ride and stopped in Coosbay Oregon to get gas. We had just pulled out onto the street and moved into the second lane when a car came across our lane and stopped. Unable to stop that suddenly we hit the side of her car. I was lucky because as a passenger I most likely would have been thrown off the bike and over her car but my spouse positioned the bike sliding it into the car rather than head on. We were traveling at 15 miles per hour. The driver was ticketed for failure to yield the right of way and found 100 percent at fault. Our bike was totaled and both my spouse and I were injured. He was taken by ambulance and I was taken by police vehicle to the ER.

The very next day our phone rang and it was an adjuster for Progressive claiming complete fault and wanting to take our statements. We were on pain meds and unable to properly consent to this so we politely declined. The next time we heard from the adjuster he offered 1K nuisance payment. OK so we are still recovering from our injuries, me in a knee brace with an MCL tear and my spouse with a tear to his shoulder muscles let alone the bruises and mental issues from nearly being killed. I explained to the adjuster how I will most likely be in a brace for 6-8 weeks and my spouse is still recovering. He stated "the amount will not go up." I explained how horrible the accident had affected us and the adjuster hung up on me.

Still not out of a brace accident occurred August 18 2015. Really hopeful that the adjuster will pay our insurance back for medical and motorcycle loss and our helmets. Not sure why they are offering money for a "nuisance". I am not a nuisance, their insured caused us harm. I just want to be made whole again. Not sure when that will happen.

Progressive doesn't even deserve 1 star, was paying $80/mo for a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R for a couple years, replaced it with a 2015 BMW S1000RR. I knew it would be more expensive because it's a super sportx but Progressive wanted to charge me $1200 for the first month, a $600/mo after that which is INSANE even for a super sport. I called around and Geico agreed with me that it was an absurd number and said theirs would get me x3 the coverages for half the deductible for $160/mo and they suggest I call them back and let them know that something must be wrong on their end.

So I call Progressive back and explain the situation to them, the representative obviously doesn't care at all and is pretty much just spewing out memorized lines that rates differ from company to company, no duh sherlock, but not by that much! I ended up switching over to Geico and the Progressive rep got rude and I ended up getting charged $434 dollars for having 2 days of insurance. I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy, they can seem cool for years but they will bite long term customers in the ass and not even care then get offended when the customer wants to go elsewhere.

I bought twice as much Motorcycle insurance as I probably needed from Progressive. I live up to my obligations and figured I better everybody is protected in case something happens. Unfortunately Progressive does everything it can to avoid living up to it's obligations. My motorcycle somehow fell over in the garage and damaged my wife's $30,000 car. Not much, but it will cost about $1400 to repair. Progressive said they won't cover it because it hit my own property. So what? I buy insurance to cover me and other in case of any accident! I told them it's a good thing I don't have them for house insurance! If my kid set the place on fire by playing with matches, I'd be out of luck.

Not only does this not make sense from a moral standpoint, it doesn't make economic sense either. I paid over $400 per year for Motorcycle Insurance. In three years or so they could have made up their losses and would still have me as a customer for many years. Not only that, I have three other motorcycles I was going to have them insure. Not now. I don't trust them. They are the type of business we should all avoid. I used Progressive only on the recommendation of USAA. They need to be more careful who to recommend. I serve in the military and take duty and obligations seriously. It's clear Progressive does not. Scoundrels of the highest order!

Clean record for over 10 plus years and each year my rates keep going up. I have used Progressive since the day I bought my bike...3/2012. To this day have never used the insurance or any other insurance, except to pay them money. I think I figure it out somewhat. They have disappearing deductible. So that keeps going down but to make up for it, my rates keep going up.

The lady that I talk to was rude. I gave her an example of what happen to a buddy of mine. To this day he is still getting screwed from a accident that happen on 11/20/14 and here it is 3/26/15. The question I ask was, "What will you do for me, to stay out of the same situation he is in?" She ask me question about my buddy but I did not know the answers. So I ask her, "What will you do for me though?" She could not answer me. She kept going back to my buddy. I said, "What will you do for me?"

So due to higher rates and what she did I am looking for another insurance company. I lost my confidence in Progressive. Unless you can convince me why I should stay. After looking at a lot of reviews I do not have much confidence to any insurance out there. Now we are at the point of picking less of the evils of insurance companies out there. They all talk a good sell and stories by what is the bottom line -- How are you going to help me or are you going to screw me? Should have never pass that law to be required to have insurance on a vehicle. I feel it would of made better competition and done better in the claims dept.

I was hit by a ** whose tire had a blowout and my motorcycle at 65 mph. Days later he told Progressive that I ran into him and injured him. Progressive took his side due to a false police report.

Unfortunately I did not shop around as I should have before purchasing coverage after financing a new motorcycle which required immediate proof of insurance to finalize the deal. As a wounded warrior and a USAA member I followed USAA's recommendation and through the USAA website purchased a Progressive policy. Following further research I discovered other quotes from 2 other large insurers that offered better levels of coverage for half of what Progressive had charged.

Upon cancellation of the Progressive policy after 11 days of coverage my $182.00 down payment was refunded only $27.30 which reflected a 90% pro rated refund of the yearly rate of $1200.00 in addition to 90% of the 11 days of coverage with no offer to match the other quotes. My impression is that Progressive knows that they are over priced and as they have a "captive" sample via USAA they charge the higher rate knowing that once the USAA member realizes the non market rate charged the member can only cancel and have their captive down payment assessed 10% of the entire year's coverage in addition to 10% of actual days covered or they can grin and bear it by trying to save value on their initial down payment on the entire year and continue to pay 66% more than the market will bear.

As a disabled veteran I find Progressive insurance practices, while legal as per the contract, predatory, amoral, and unethical not to mention a bad business model the end result being that the money withheld from my down payment which covered 11 days of coverage being equal to 3 months of coverage from my current underwriter.

A customer of 15 years, car and motorcycle policies and they drop the ball on me. An open shut case against a fuel station selling bad gas, thousands of dollars in repairs in which should be covered under comprehensive coverage and was denied. Now I'm left with a $16,000 bill and it only took them 54 days to come to "THEIR" decision. Did original adjuster, Mike ** take a fuel sample? No. Did they wait a month to get the wrong sample? Yes. Do claim reps, Jina ** , or San Antonio manager (Jennifer **) return calls or emails? No. Very displeased and now seeking legal assistance.

October 26, 2014 - Was attending Taste of Atlanta. I parked my motorcycle at pay parking lot, at 351 Moreland Ave NE. At 6pm, I return to my motorcycle and discovered both blinkers were broken. It was getting dark and I did not take any pictures and no one was around who witnessed the incident. The following day upon closer inspection, I discovered a dent in my rear fender about 1/8 deep and about 1" in diameter. Insurance was called and a claims adjuster came to my home. He looked at the damage and agreed it was vandalism. He took pictures and left. I was instructed to get a police incident report in which I complied with. I called my agent Mark **. He said he can not help with my claim unless my friend, whose motorcycle had a broken air box, talks to him first. I asked my agent what does my friend's motorcycle have to do with claim. We have different insurance agencies, and my friend Carter, said and feels he should not be involved with my claim.

Motorcycle was vandalized, no signs of a hit and run (residence in low-income area in Southern California). Waited 2+ weeks for the adjustor to arrive. Progressive wanted me to push my motorcycle into my garage and "fix my it the best I could over the weekend" so they could revisit the scene at a later date. Adjustor also didn't want to pay for towing and refused to pay for cheap Line-X paint (you can't just spray one panel...it won't match the rest of the bike). Senior adjustor called and said "I'm afraid I have some bad news". I said, "I'm afraid I have some bad news as well". Recently filed small claims lawsuit for breech of contract, failure to comply with local and state policies, loss of work and duress. Progressive is deliberately causing harm due to the fact that they know that this is my primary vehicle and that I need this vehicle to run my business. Shame on you Progressive (**).

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

As an industry leader in the insurance industry, Progressive offers a range of products designed to protect all types of vehicles.

• Instant online quoting: Progressive's online quote calculator makes buying insurance easier than ever.
  • Low pricing: Motorcycle insurance starts as low as $75 per year.
  • Accessory coverage available: As part of the standard package, Progressive covers accessories up to $3,000 if a covered bike gets totaled.
  • Online claims processing: File a claim online or via the phone, right from the Progressive homepage.
  • Custom motorcycle insurance: For those who put a lot of money into a bike after it comes off the lot, being able to buy up to $30,000 of coverage for customizations is a great option.
  • Best for Weekend warriors, everyday riders and tinkerers.

Compare Motorcycle Insurance

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Company Profile

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance
1937
The Progressive Corporation 6300 Wilson Mills Rd.
Mayfield Village