Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2018

I switched to Progressive in January for two motorcycles, one I already owned, the second to be added within two months. The premium for the second bike was $137 and before accepting the offer, the sales representative guaranteed that this rate would not increase dramatically. Today, the premium for the second vehicle is $251, two folds, in few weeks...

I discussed the issue on the phone with a first representative who could not justify the hike. I was then transferred to another service and ended up waiting 15 min without further answers. I then chatted online with a second person who concluded quote: "We do have a specialized team who can assist you further. The team was created to resolve issues elevated from our Customer Service department. They have the same authority as a supervisor, and I am confident that they can provide a solution for your situation. Please give us a call at 1-800-776-4737." This phone number is just the general phone # that every client has to use... Conclusion: Progressive locks you in their contract then uses computer assisted price gouging. The representatives have no respect for their clients and dodge the bullets by forwarding your requests in dead ends.

Resolution response: Dec. 13, 2017

Needs were handled. I appreciate the efforts.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Live in South Florida. Motorcycle was Stolen and gave all the documents asked besides my phone records. They not only do not respond to emails or calls they are now skeptical on me. (I am assuming since they need my phone records.) I provided the video of the thieves stealing my motorcycle and proof that I was not in Florida when it happened. Still no assistance. Look elsewhere for assistance, or you will be stolen from.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

They will add coverage to your policy without your approval and then cancel you. Even though I paid in full for a year motorcycle policy, I was cancelled 4 months in. They won't try to work with you or help you to set things right. Better off cutting your losses and finding an "honest" insurance company. Sad that USAA recommends this company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have had Progressive as my motorcycle insurer for nearly 20 years. During that time I have had two claims on the bikes I have had. On each of those occasions when I needed them, Progressive was quick to respond, courteously, while filing my claim. I am very pleased with my relationship with progressive. P.S. Finding a good agency can make a world of difference, so scout around!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Stay away from Progressive Insurance people. I have never had a claim and been loyal to this company. Now I make my first claim ever and get garbage for customer service. They set up 2 appointments and did not show up for either and both time their excuse was a computer glitch. Spoke with a Brian employee # ** and the same thing didn't get anywhere. I'm so livid right now. Bike was under 2 feet of water, fell on its side slid about 4 feet and they have no excuse for not coming out other than a computer glitch. I would tell everyone to stay away from this company, FAR AWAY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I called my agent to file a claim because my motorcycle was stolen and the claims adjuster called me and started asking me personal questions regarding who lived in my house and my financial situation and made me feel like I stole my own bike. The agent even harassed my wife at work calling and leaving several messages on her cell phone asking her personal questions as well. I will be seeking legal action against Progressive as quick as I can find someone to represent me. Please let your friends and family know that this company is a rip off and to find a new insurance company before they get screwed royally.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I would not recommend using Progressive. I paid up front for one year of motorcycle insurance with coverage from July 2016 to July 2017. Around May of 2017 they canceled my coverage stating that the rates went up and they tried to contact me. They never did, they have my phone number and other ways to contact me as well. DO NOT PAY UP FRONT, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY. So I got a notice from MVA stating that they were gonna fine me for every day I did not have insurance. I asked Progressive "What about my contract I signed? What about the money you owe me from May to July?" No answers, just "Sorry. We can give you a new policy." Lol!! What??? No thanks, I'll find somewhere else.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I had Progressive for 1 month for motorcycle insurance. I paid $60 for the first month and then it was supposed to be $43 a month after that for full coverage. The bill for the next month comes and it's $84 and the $54 a month after that. So I switched to another insurance company for $20 a month and I got more. I call progressive and they told me I owe $84 to cancel my contract. I told them I was never told about the cancellation fee or a contract. She told me they aren't required to tell us about a contract or cancellation fee it but it's on the website and was sent to me after I purchased the policy. I told her I never agreed to it, and she said it didn't matter.

I will never use progressive or recommend them to anyone! There should be a law in place to protect consumers from this crap. It's a scam. Credit card companies, for example have to state the fees because of a lawsuit and I believe progressive should have a lawsuit as well. Consumers have the right to be protected by a "contract they were never informed of.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I had an easy time obtaining and keeping my motorcycle insurance. Their policy options are great. I was able to choose and get the coverage I wanted and needed and that worked the best for me. You will find it easy as well. Their policies will fit your needs well. There are multiple coverage options to choose from. You'll find one to fit your budget. They are a very good company to do business with. Easy, quick and efficient. Progressive Motorcycle Insurance is a great company.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I was made to feel confident from the beginning. Progressive Motorcycle Insurance have given me the knowledge that if I had to make claims I would feel comfortable doing so. Their customer service understood my concerns and provided me with answers to my satisfaction. They are also courteous during the conversation. Their policy options were well explained and numerous. I found exactly what I needed no more no less. It was also easy to choose the option that best fit my needs. The coverage is perfect for me too. I feel comfortable paying for what I'm getting. It's nice to feel covered for what might happen.

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Company Information

1937
        The Progressive Corporation 6300 Wilson Mills Rd.
        Mayfield Village