1.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 67 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

767 Esurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I put in a claim for damages to my car due to falling objects, hail. I live placed the claim when I had a chance to take care of it as I had so many things happening the past couple of months. They are dragging this asking for my phone records and other documents that they have in their possession. The claims rep was very rude to myself and to the auto body shop I took the car to. They sent someone to appraise the damages and told me they will be sending someone else to look at it because they don't find that the appraiser they sent had an accurate account of the damages.

My car is still in the shop wait to get a call back saying they can return to repairing my car. I called the rep back to see when they are sending someone else and she told me they weren't. She made it sound as we have never had this conversation before. I called and emailed her manager and no answers from anyone! Terrible service, they make it seem like you are doing them favors and they are not working for you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My daughter was hit by a man who failed to stop at a stop sign. Shauna **, a claims representative, called repeatedly over the course of a week to talk to my daughter and inquire about her injuries. She was clearly trying to determine if we were going to sue. Then, barely a week after we spoke to the representative, we received a letter denying the claim and saying that the policy was not in force at the time of loss. Why would a representative go to so much trouble to check on a claim for someone who didn't have insurance with them? And if he even might not be covered, why did the representative not tell us immediately?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

To start with I was hit from behind by one of their customers in a line of 20 cars sitting traffic. He somehow managed to get up enough speed to total out both my truck and his car. They accepted fault immediately so good for them, now I'm fighting for the value of my truck that I just purchased 2 months ago. It is used but still, I looked for 6 months to find what I wanted. It is highly optioned for the year and model. Now my own insurance company was no help. That's a whole other story for another time but they said my truck was only worth 7100 so I did not accept that and moved to Esurance who could not believe I did take the money. So I was asked to send them the info on the truck so I sent them the original window sticker. Plus the other aftermarket things that Steyr could plainly see on it. They came back with an offer of 7258 still not what I paid. They said I had no other choice but to take it. There is no more they can do.

They also told me they "KNOW IT SUCKS, TO LOSE MONEY ON IT" but it's not their fault I overpaid for the truck. Which the truck was 8900 I talked them down to 8000 plus tax and all. Knowing this and only wanting to be made whole again I wanted more. It's not my fault I was hit. So I even said, "Give me the 7258 and the truck back." But they said no. The salvage would cost me almost 700. So as of then I didn't know I had other options. I've never done this before. I had them send me the check. Have not cashed it. They then later sent me the list of trucks they comped mine to so they could get the value. The 1st wasn't even the same. It was a year different which makes it another generation entirely plus double the miles. The 2nd was the same with double the miles, a smaller engine and half the options and then the last was my truck. They literally compared my truck to my truck.

The program searched for comparisons and found the original ad for my truck VIN and all with the price of 8900. They then did "their" math and came to the conclusion that the comp version of my truck was worth 8089. And they only listed the options that were on the listing so far less than what it really Has so it is actually a low value. Granted it has 1500 miles more but to lose out almost a thousand dollars. And I repeat these are the same VIN numbers and they are saying they are worth different amounts completely. Sorry for the long post. So much for me overpaying for the truck. I actually paid less than they said it was worth. Oh and if you go on the Web page it says ACV. In their eyes means market price or original purchase minus depreciation. But she said on the phone is they are not responsible to pay what I paid for it only what they think it's worth in the market.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

2.5 hours later and they finally found a service location that would come and change our spare tire. To change a tire. I called their 888 number first, and roadside assistance could did not have anyone in the area. They called the nearest place and said my car was too far for them to come. They transferred me over to Esurance and said they’d be able to help better than roadside assistance could. I get transferred and go through the motions of explaining who, what, where, how... My info is taken down and they said they’d TRY and locate someone to come and change the spare and let me know. 20 mins. goes by and no status update.

I call back and get someone different this time, of course. They checked their back end and said the notes the previous rep took and added in my files were awful and they’d switch me to their tire service. They’re finally able to help and said a driver would be there in 40-50 mins.! An hour later, 2 thugs arrive and grab the spare from the car. The spare has no air. Their compressor doesn’t work. Time to take an Uber home. I will be doing this myself. And also switching providers tomorrow. I’ve had it! You should be embarrassed!! I’m embarrassed for you!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I am very disappointed in the customer service I received from Esurance. I had been a customer with them for three years. I had cancelled my policy since I was not driving my vehicle, and wanted to re-open my policy. Since I had disclosed the information to them that I may be moving to Illinois in the next few months, even though I am still a California resident, they refused to give me a policy in California. I needed to be insured in California in order to re-new my registration. They told me to go find a new insurance company. Again, I am very disappointed and will never use Esurance again, nor will I ever recommend them as an insurance company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I recently got hit in my rear passenger side so hard that it cause my tire to shift towards the left. The claims people were very rude and belittling. They sent me to American Automotive that fixed my entire car including damages not related to the accident just so they can charge me my deductible... Later my car was making a weird noise so I took it back and they said I would have to make a new claim because my muffler had been shifted to the left but they don't think it happened when my tired was got and shifted to the left and that I would have to pay another deductible. They are horrible fraudulent people and I still can't get a hold of the manager, Dylan ** is heartless and could care less about your car or you as a person for that matter.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Auto insurance experience. The claims adjuster DOES NOT PAY even when you have a ton of evidence that they should. Irresponsible case review system. Tons of hassle, wasted time and money. Choose another insurer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I decided to do an online quote for auto and motorcycle insurance, to say their quote is a joke would be an understatement. The auto is 3 times more than I pay now and the best is 17,** for the motorcycle. Oh wait after the discounts the motorcycle would be 8,804.00 a year. The sad thing is I'm over 40 and have a completely clean driving record.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

After I got in a car crash, Esurance was super easy to work with. They were easy to bill and took care of my PIP. They gave me a fair estimate to get my car fixed. They were also easy to get in touch with–I had my insurance handler's email and phone number and could call anytime.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I wasn't getting any spam until I requested an online quote. I'm very protective of my personal e-mail address and wasn't getting spam until about a week after I requested a quote. Now I'm getting all these garbage e-mails about health, life, and auto insurance. Plus they were about double what a local insurance agent was able to provide me.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

As a recent victim of hurricane Irma here in South Florida, I attempted to access a service offered due to the hardship of the storm. Without power or email at home, I received an email through my phone on Monday reminding me of an automatic payment withdrawal for my monthly premium was coming in a few days. I went online and accessed the "change a payment date" option and selected the offered option for a deferred payment; after the date was selected an immediate message popped up that the date was successfully changed. This morning the originally scheduled debt cleared my bank account and now my hardship has multiplied... The service turned out to be a disservice and has obviously created several other problems as a result.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

In July an accident occurred in Lancaster California. Reported immediately to Esurance. Continually asking for more documents. We have given all required documents still nothing! Management is very unprofessional. They never return calls but every month my bank account is paying insurance!! I don't known where else to go with this terrible situation? I have congestive heart failure. The car is used for doctors, medication, food!! Please help.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I updated my policy 6 months before I had an animal strike, I went to go file a claim and discovered my policy never updated and despite me having a printout their system says it was never done. That's all that matters. My policy has been updated now, but that's only because of the complaints and claim I submitted. No confirmation emails, no letter saying your policy has been updated, even when it was finally "updated properly" so how are we supposed to prove it if your system doesn't work. The deductible was too high for the amount of damage (wouldn't have been if their system worked properly). Now I have to repair all out of pocket!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I moved to a low crime area from a high crime area and they raised my insurance and took a double payment when my husband's insurance went down. Because of our moved they caused me to have overdraft fees and bounced checks. They gave me some lame excuse that my garaging zip code wasn't updated which is bs. That is only if you live in 2 homes so they finally admitted the mistake and said they would credit it on my next contract and I said "I'm not renewing with you please return my over payment" and they still haven't. Now they say it is going under review. It makes no sense. This company is a total rip off. I hope there is a class action law suit. If there is count me in.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a newer Ford Taurus totaled and it went like this. Monday taken to body shop via wrecker, Thursday got a call from the shop saying they could repair it. The next week got a call on Tuesday saying it was a total loss. I called the body shop and they said too much involved, was a total. The same week Friday the body shop called and said an adjuster had been by and they are going to repair it. I got a call the next Monday from Esurance saying it was not repairable. I told them the body shop said an adjuster had given to ok to fix it and she said, "ok we'll fix it." I called the shop on Wednesday to find out how long the repairs would take and they said a salvage wrecker picked it up yesterday.

I called Esurance and they said they would try to get the car back from the junk yard and I said, “No! No!” I threatened to take them to court and said they would pay off the car. It took another 3 weeks for my credit union to get a CHECK, what? A paper check in THE MAIL! The people at Esurance had no idea who did what, I got transferred to someone new every time I called. During this mess I called Allstate, (The Parent Co.) and complained. The next time I called about my car the lady gave ME HELL for calling Allstate. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SMALL COMPANY CALLED ESURANCE, they were going out of business and Allstate grabbed them up and call it Insurance Born Online. What crap!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

After making a claim on my vehicle for hitting a deer, (which is covered) still after 4 weeks of waiting still nothing! I would call 3-4 times a day, and finally after 18 days a claims rep calls back, then needing more info, now going on over a month of making my claim and being without a drivable car, I'm still waiting! Worse customer service and worse company ever! Oh but they are right on time to withdraw payment each month! So basically save yourself time, frustration & money and DO NOT buy a policy from Esurance!

Original review: July 30, 2017

It's cheap and that is it. The online login locked me out and is super glitched. Says my email address, birth year, and postal code are not just wrong, they're invalid. Tried different browsers. No 24/7 tech support. No 24/7 phone login. Nothing like that. Meanwhile their phone just hangs up on me over and over again before I finally get the answer that they aren't even open to call on weekends. It also took over 7 emails to get insurance slips that they never sent not once but twice. I actually gave up and drove around with the expired slips the first time because I was so frustrated. Disgusting.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Chose Esurance because their TV ads are extremely persuasive and of course they throw in "backed by Allstate". New coverage beginning 11/1 of last year. Send them the infamous house inspection via pics. They come back and tell me the chimney is missing bricks and must be repaired. This occurred in early December. So I started looking for someone to do the work. Found someone then the weather was bad. No one could get on my roof. Called Esurance which is an ordeal and was told my policy would be cancelled if the work wasn't done by Christmas Day.

Finally spoke with someone who begrudgingly gave me a week extension and the work was done after Christmas. This put a bad taste in my mouth. Canceled both homeowners and auto in order to go with a local agent and Esurance socked me with a $50 cancellation fee for the homeowners. I cannot say it enough, go local. Don't be beguiled by clever advertising. This is a lesson learned for me.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I was in a left turn accident. A vehicle stopped so I could turn. I looked for a while no cars were coming, and as soon as I started to turn I was smashed into. I was ticketed for failure to yield. My car was totaled. And everything that followed was a NIGHTMARE. My insurance company put me in a rental, which was supposed to be for a few days after I agreed to the estimates. They sent out paper work for me to sign. This all seemed well intentioned, until I realized my lien holders had not even been contacted. Once I contacted them, they confirmed my fears. My insurance company was trying to rush through the process and send a check for a BS amount. Now to break it down even further.

My claims rep has gone on vacation twice during this whole process. He cannot be reached by the lien holders, and has not called me in over a month. His answer machine says he will be vacation for another month. I sent a stern email to him and his boss and he called right away. I cannot buy a new car until this account is closed. This account will not be closed until they send off the re-evaluated estimates, the lien holders agree, and they send the other check. My claims rep sent me power of attorney forms weeks ago, and expected me to sign over ownership of my vehicle before seeing the worth of my car. A month has passed and me and my lien holders are waiting on the same document. This has been a nightmare, and in the meantime my lien holders still expect a car note.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Online quote:. $140/month. I waited 5 weeks, then called them to start my new policy. Called them so I can pay and get started. It jumped to 179/month. Huh? We'll, I had to go to my bank, deposit more money. Called them back (20 mins). Now it jumped to $197. WTF!! NO TICKETS. No accidents. Clean drinking record.

Original review: July 21, 2017

This insurance company is bad. First they charge me a lot just to join then after my policy end they want to keep charging me for renewal policy even though they never asked me. Because I already had a new insurance. Then when I call they said I had to pay for cancelling it when the policy was done. This company is a scammers. They want to charge you for new policy and when you don't want to they want to charge you for cancelling a policy you never asked for. Don't ever go to Esurance or Allstate. It's just a scammer's company.

Original review: July 7, 2017

A few weeks ago my husband had an accident with a Esurance customer (fender bender). The Esurance customer hit my husband's car, so they took care of the repairs but my husband lost 3-4 hrs of income between taking the car for estimate then take it to repair then pick it up. Unfortunately he works for commissions so, there is no way to prove how much money he lost during the time that he wasn't at work taking care of the car. When I explained the Esurance representative the situation I told him it's not way that we can prove how much he lost and he just said ok bye and hang up the phone not offering anything to compensate him for his time/money that he lost.

Original review: July 6, 2017

On 6/19/2017, I notified Esurance that my car was involved in a flood and that I wanted to have my car repaired if possible. On 6/20/2017, Esurance had my vehicle towed from my home and to their shop (Edward Chevrolet) to be inspected and if they would be able to determine if my car was covered for damages that were flood related. On the evening of 6/22/2017, we received a voicemail from "Eric" from Esurance that advised that they spoke with the mechanic that inspected our vehicle and that it "appeared" our car failed to operate not from flood waters but from a mechanical engine failure and that "coolant had leaked into the back of the engine" and caused it to hydrolock.

After listening to Eric's voicemail, I myself contacted Esurance's Rapid Responses Department that same night a bit after 9 PM as I was leaving work and spoke with either a "Jackie or "Jacquelyn". She advised us per the notes that they had spoken with the mechanic from Edward's Chevrolet "Josh" that advised them after his thorough research it appeared that the issue with our vehicle was mechanical. She also stated on the call that the mechanic did see that other parts of the car located under the hood did have "some water damage" but nothing to do with the failure of the engine.

On 6/24/2017, I was contacted by Herbert ** from the Florida office that advised us the same thing however, he could not find any notes stating that anyone told us there was flood water damage on other parts of the vehicle. I told Mr. ** at that time that not only did a representative tell us that but that our own mechanic came to our home on the morning of 6/19/2017 and also seen that flood water was in the air filter and in the oil pan when he pulled out the oil stick it was lighter than oil should be because it was mixed with water. He advised us that if water was in the oil then more than likely it had entered into the engine as well.

Mr. ** then advised us that he had spoken with the mechanic from their shop (Edward's Chevrolet) and that he said Josh would be performing a full breakdown inspection of the engine that upcoming Monday on 6/26/2014 to confirm that they believe it was truly mechanical. On 6/28/2017, I sent an email to Mr. ** because we had not heard anything regarding what was going on regarding the breakdown of our engine and if our claim was going to be ruled mechanical or approved to be repaired due to flood damages. He contacted me about 10 minutes later and advised me that Esurance was NOT going to pay to have the engine inspected and instead WE the consumers were responsible for the cost of the inspections which was $745+ to determine rather or not if the engine was stalled due to mechanical or flood water.

So I asked then, so how can Esurance be prepared to deny my claim when the engine was never inspected? Edward Chevrolet told Esurance that they would have to pay to have the engine inspected and Esurance REFUSED to pay yet they were ready to deny my claim based off a mere assumption without a thorough inspection. So I demanded to have my car thoroughly inspected by another mechanic within THEIR network because I no longer trusted my vehicle at the Edward's Chevrolet dealer. I also asked Mr. ** how can they deny my claim when there was flood waters in the oil and air filter. Mr. ** then claims he never was aware of this when I told in this on 6/24/2017 and their mechanic also stated this to them as well.

Mr. ** then tells me he will check into me having another mechanic shop look at my vehicle and that he'll "call me back in a few minutes". I have yet to this day hear back from him. On 6/29/2017, After not hearing anything else from Esurance regarding further inspection we arranged for our vehicle to be towed at our expense to the mechanic shop at City Auto Sales. On 6/30/2017, we received a letter from Esurance pretty much advising us that we had the right to seek legal counsel and that they were pretty much getting ready to deny our claim due to mechanical failure when our vehicle had not had a full inspection.

On 7/1/2017, City Auto Sales inspected our vehicle and advised us that after thorough inspection they DID find that flood water was in the oil and engine and that ultimately was the reason my engine hydrolocked. City Auto Sales mechanic shop notified Esurance and advise them of this that very day. Today on 7/6/2017, Esurance notified us and advises us that they NOW will send their own car inspector out to thoroughly inspect our vehicle before moving forward on either denying or honoring our claim. This is absolutely ridiculous. However, we are ready to pursue this matter legally should Esurance want to deny our claim or continue to give us the run around. In the end rather they win or lose, they will lose more rather than simply repairing our vehicle and moving on to the next claim. Our claim in the next 12 days will have been opened for an entire month with no resolve! Totally unacceptable!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I was going to move for work and initially just quoted things out. I received rejection as a customer just for quoting a different state (policy will be cancelled on X date) in a letter not even detailing why. So, of course, since I was rejected by Esurance after years of being a faithfully paying customer, I went and found new insurance company. I am not owned by a company and will not play games. I had to switch to insurance for the new state by that time but BEWARE not only will quoting new state insurance lose you your coverage from Esurance, they will keep any refunds you are owed for leaving them early because it is a different state and so minimum requirements may be different so they are "liable" even if you want a refund because they were getting rid of you as a customer and you found another company to replace them early.

When you speak to their representatives, they apparently don't know this information - all you need is a declaration page and your refund will be on its way. And the review board that decides the additional rules doesn't speak to customers, ever. So there is no way to deal with this matter except through legal advice/counsel/representation.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I got a quote from Esurance and immediately insured my vehicles with them. I have been happy with it until my son returned home from AIT after having been gone a year. He had bought a new car first thing. We wanted him to be able to drive it and had no problem. When Esurance was more expensive, he went with USAA which was much cheaper. Who wants to be on their mom's insurance anyway. We had just checked to see what was affordable.

Well it seems that was unacceptable. Esurance has sent multiple emails informing me I must send them information on his policy. His policy is none of my business even if I am his mom. He has since moved to a town two hours away. When I get to talk to him I'm not asking. The woman on the phone was that condescending nice. She informed me well if they didn't get it my policy would be canceled. Go for it. Beware folks, don't bother trying to get a quote unless you are adding it. This isn't how I do business! If there is nothing for you to do leave me alone.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Esurance promises you a "seamless online and MOBILE experience to help take the hassle out of insurance" which is false! I've had a policy with them since 2015. I trusted Esurance to insure my first home as a first home-buyer. I filed my first claim in 2016 for hail damage. I had a contractor/friend tell me he seen hail damage to my gutters, which made him think I should have someone come out from my insurance company to access. I called; an adjuster came out and found nothing! (Mind you, they came to my correct address-Primary Residence.) In the meantime, I requested for my email address and mailing address to be updated. Esurance showed my previous address as my mailing address, although I never had any policies with them through my previous home. They never updated it.

Fast forwarding to now, June 16, 2017, Bellevue NE experienced a EF2 tornado and I had significant damage to my home. I called Saturday, June 17, 2017 to file a claim. I was told I had to "itemize" every piece of chicken, package of ribs, etc. that I threw out of my freezer (located in my garage) because we were out of power for 2.5 days and other folks in my area 4 days. I still haven't received payment for my food. My parents have USAA. They immediately deposited the money for food during their initial conversation. The insurance lady, Stacey, was very sweet and empathetic to the natural disaster we experienced. On Monday, June 19, I asked Stacey to review my policy with me because I have 4-5 holes in my roof and over 120+ damaged shingles. She explained in January 2017, my policy was changed, REMOVING, the RCV (extended roof coverage).

My initial thoughts were, "Who removed this?" Later, it was found that Esurance did because of the age of my roof. It was 10 yrs old. To notify me of this policy change, Esurance emailed me on the INCORRECT email address, then sent hard copies of this information to the INCORRECT address. The mail was returned back to them: INVALID ADDRESS! In the notes, it also says, "DID NOT CALL THE CUSTOMER" even after they received and NOTED my account of the returned mail with the important policy change to the incorrect address.

The employee Justin (policy worker) ** advised me Esurance is a online web based company and I am responsible for updating them with my address. Although, my address NEVER changed!?? I never had them cover my rental. That insurance was through USAA. I asked Justin, "Do you guys not have an audit team? Someone who reviews to see why documents were returned, why does her policy show a different address to be insured but her mailing address doesn't change? Or better yet, CALL HER???" I took this information as, "Sorry that you're the paying customer, and that you have holes in your roof, paid your premium in advance-through 2018, but it's still not our fault!" As the paying customer, who assumed that I had the initial coverage that I signed up for in 2015. I am now, getting ready to pay thousands of dollars, due to a mishap, gap, and awesome customer service by Esurance.

Justin made a point to tell me, "We are an online based company; we do not have to call you! We communicate through email!" So, if you're a Esurance customer, CHANGES will be made, as they see fit to your policy. They will NOT call you because they "assume" your email address is correct and valid. Even if they receive RETURN mail, they assume you will log in and see the policy changes because you should (assume) pay attention to everything, even when it NEVER reaches you. It will be your fault when a tornado comes and rips shingles, manipulate shingles, lifts nails and puts holes in your roof. YOU will come out thousands of dollars on the behalf of your insurance company not upholding their part of the bargain.

I've since spoken with Esurance 4-5 times, and every time I speak to them, they say, "I will update your email address." I'm sure it's not. I'm sure the incorrect address is still showing and when another issue happens, it will be my fault again. I would highly suggest you pay a higher premium at a different insurance company to ensure you get proper coverage, good customer service, rest assurance and peace of mind. Do not use Esurance, AllState, or any other insurance company with lower premiums. As a new homeowner, you will be screwed and all responsibility will be lifted off of them and put on you.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I switched to Esurance less than two months ago. Reason - my insurance (Costco-Ameriprise) started raising the rates, and had been with them for over 5 years - time to change. I have 3 cars and 3 drivers. No accidents or tix in the last 3 years. My daughter had a very minor accident (~$500) 4 years ago and I listed it on the application. Initially Esurance gave me a great quote. I signed up... Less than a month after that I was notified that my premium was going up by $200 for 6 months (**). Called them - allegedly they were "unable to verify" my continuous insurance... fine - I sent them a copy of my last insurance with Ameriprise... still not good - "Not what we needed". Called. Spoke to a supervisor who assured me that there has been a mistake and I should ignore all - my rate would stay the same.

A few weeks after that I sold one of my cars. Called to remove it from the policy - my premium went up... $200 for 6 months (**). I decided I did not want to be with these jokers anymore. Got Progressive which was $400 cheaper with the same limits. Called to cancel. They Esurance are charging me $50 'cancellation fee'. Here is the text from their website: "Cancellation Fee: You may be charged a Cancellation Fee of $50.00 if you cancel your Policy for any reason or if we cancel your Policy due to your failure to pay any premium when due."

Did you notice the 'MAY BE'? Do not be fooled. Esurance will try to gauge and charge you more and more by the month. And when you decide that you had enough you will pay an additional $50 for your freedom. Esurance is scum. I know that now. You can learn from my experience, or experience it for yourself. You choose!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Easy to use and setup online. Have previous dealings with parent company when filing claims. No major problems to speak of. Upfront sales and low cost for insurance provided. Could use more coverage at the same great rate. I have never been a big believer of insurance, to me it's legal racketeering as billions of dollars in the industry and very few claims marginally across the board. Yes accidents happen... but 1200 dollars a year multiplied to 4.6 billion insured bodies?

Original review: May 25, 2017

At first I was skeptical when my husband suggested an online auto insurance. But due to a few financial setbacks, their price was great. But I wondered, what would really happened if we needed it? A bull pine tree fell on top of my beloved suburban totaling it. It happened in the high country, far anywhere. A friend took us back to civilization, we called Esurance. They were calm, comforting and were willing to offer us another vehicle to drive right away until we found something else. All we had to do was take a few pics from our phone and forward them. We had the check in no time, for more than we expected and found another car. I can't give them enough kudos. They're wonderful.

They are quick, efficient, fair and accommodating. Don't be afraid to trust an online insurance company. I thought they were easier to deal with than the many others (I always thought insurance was best if it was a household name) I have used in the last 40 yrs. They made everything so simple and were quick about it. The service they provided was excellent and actually went above and beyond our expectations. We used to carry fleet insurance while in business, but no longer are in need. If you need everyday insurance, I wouldn't call anyone else.

Original review: May 24, 2017

We have been with Esurance for three years and the rate is still a little high. They don't automatically look for discounts upon the renewal and they should. Other companies' quotes came in much lower. I call Esurance to find out I wasn't receiving discounts I qualified for. You should always get the lowest rate as a long-time customer. After calling to let them know I had quotes that were much better from other companies, they looked and gave me a lower rate. If you're loyal to a company and pay on time they should do this automatically. By doing so they are loyal to you, the paying customer.

Esurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Esurance is an auto insurance company owned by its larger parent company, Allstate. The company is among the first established online insurance companies and offers 17 physical office locations around the country.

• Excellent customer service: Esurance has more than 3,000 customer service representatives working for the company across the country. Customer service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

• Fast settlement time: The company works fast at handling auto damage claims and can settle most within 10 days.

• Esurance mobile: Customers who use Esurance auto insurance have access to the Esurance Mobile App, which allows them to access their insurance account information when they're on the go.

• Discounts offered: Esurance offers customers numerous discounts, like multipolicy discounts, safe driving discounts and discounts for switching from another insurance provider to Esurance.

• Many vehicles covered: The provider offers coverage for a wide range of vehicles, so drivers who drive motorcycles, boats or bikes can also find coverage.

• Best for: New drivers, drivers looking for insurance discounts and people who just purchased a car.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky