2. Moving
  3. Renters Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Policygenius allows you to easily buy renters insurance online. There’s no need to hop on the phone or go see an agent. Plus, you’ll get exclusive discounts for popular brands like Casper, HelloFresh, and more.

Policygenius Renter's Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised by Policygenius' renters insurance experience. It took almost no time, guided me through selecting my coverage amount, and even explained all of the little add-ons. I would definitely recommend these guys. I'm actually looking into getting life insurance with them as well.

Policygenius Renter's Insurance response

Justin, thanks so much for the positive review. We're so happy to be able to fulfill our mission of getting you coverage and having you feel good about it! We are looking forward to helping you obtain your life insurance policy! - Theresa S.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I bought renter's insurance through Policygenius, and had a great experience. I knew I needed renter's insurance, but didn't know how much I needed, or with what features. Policygenius provided great advice about how the policy works and about how various features affect the cost. The site also helped me get a competitive rate, by prompting me to provide more details about my apartment and my building. I got from start to finish in 5 minutes, and I feel really confident that I was able to buy the right policy based on the information provided. Strongly recommend Policygenius to someone in the market for insurance!

Policygenius Renter's Insurance response

Adam, thanks so much for your kind words! We're so happy to hear that you were able to get adequate coverage at competitive rates! - Theresa S.

Get expert buying tips about Renters Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Great product, great service. Could not have been easier. I signed up for renters insurance and the entire process took less than 5 minutes. The hard copy of my policy came a few days later. Easy and simple. Will definitely recommend this product to friends and family. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The site allowed me to quickly enter my information and determine what amount of insurance that was right for me. I was able to do the entire thing online - search, select and buy. I'd definitely recommend it for other people looking for a quick/easy way to buy renter's insurance.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Policygenius allowed me to purchase renters insurance without talking to an agent. The took me through all the important coverage details in a quick and easy experience. I knew this is something I needed to do, but was dragging my feet. Happy to have this new tool to get the coverage I need. Will buy disability insurance from them next.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Renter's Insurance?

Not sure about Policygenius Renter's Insurance?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Policygenius Renter's Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 2014, PolicyGenius is a company that strives to change the way people shop for renters insurance. PolicyGenius is not a provider. It is a website that allows you to comparison shop for various types of insurance, including health, life, renters and pet insurance.

• Personalized recommendations: PolicyGenius helps you find renters insurance that fit your specific circumstances. You can type in your zip code, and PolicyGenius will give you renters insurance quotes specific to your area.

• Insurance Checkup: When you sign up with PolicyGenius, you can get a free Insurance Checkup. You’ll answer a short questionnaire, you’ll learn about the gaps in your coverage and the type of insurance features best for you.

• Extra coverage options: If you need extra coverage for valuables, you can get it through Policy Genius. Simply let them know the coverage you want, and they will find a quote for you.

• Free quotes: All of PolicyGenius’ quotes from top insurance providers are free. You can apply for insurance from any of these providers directly through PolicyGenius.

• Online resources: PolicyGenius hosts numerous online resources, from life insurance guides to daily news updates. You can find several online magazines focusing on pets, tech, money and more on the PolicyGenius website.

• Best for: consumers who want to choose their renters insurance from multiple offers.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor