ResidentInsure

Compare Renters Insurance

Research top Renters Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

During the period that I had renters insurance, I never had to file a claim. But if I would have needed to, I would have been confident that it would have been handled professionally. Everything went satisfactory when I applied for the insurance. I feel like I was guided in the right direction in getting the coverage that I needed. I paid what I felt was a very small amount to have the assurance I would be covered. Options were spelled out in a way that was easy to evaluate what my needs were and what coverage I would need to pay for.

They did promptly receive my claim however it was a very long road to get the claim settlement and payment as they were going out of their way to try and make me expect that the job done was less than my standard and what I had lost. Very short to return calls. However wouldn't seem to listen to who I needed to speak with that I couldn't speak to the adjuster due to non-English understanding on his part. I could not understand him as his English was very poor. I was happy with the coverage and the monthly premiums. It was an easy payment plan with an autopay features that allowed my payment to always be timely. It was sent out in an easy to read format and showed easily what was covered and when payments were due. It was very clear about what was not covered as well.

I never had to use the claims processing, since I never had to file a claim with them. They're a reasonably respected company, so I'm sure that their claims processing is just fine though. I never had an issue with customer service, and the one phone interaction I did have was pleasant and short. The phone menu was brief and quick in its routing to an actual living human being. Coverage was extensive and had I had an actual issue, nearly everything of importance to me would've been covered. Review your coverage for yourself. I just wanted basic coverage, and that's what I picked. Not sure folks looking into renters insurance are going to need some massive selection of policy options to choose from though.

Only had one claim. Had a break in and they stole a few things like a tv, stereo, and Xbox. The claim processed fairly quickly with no real problems. Customer service was just okay. Wait times on calls were longer than I would have liked; however, once I talked to someone they were nice and generally helpful. They covered everything that was stolen and damaged. Absolutely cannot complain about the coverage. Of course, you pay more for the great coverage. Several policy options were available. At the time, I was in college and didn't have a lot of money to spend. Esurance had several affordable options for poorer college students.

Esurance is a really great company. They truly care about me as a customer and always do the most in order to make life easier for me and to provide the very best protection and coverage for me. They are truly an honest and caring company. I really feel like their customer service is truthful and honest and will never fail or let me down. They are always willing to be there for me and help me in my time of need and will provide the very best service. If I were to rate Esurance and their coverage, I would have to say and give it a great score of one hundred percent because they truly put forth great effort to please me as their customer. If I were to describe their policy, I would have to say that I am very hey and happy with it overall and they are always progressing into a much better company before and are always honest and trustworthy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ResidentInsure?

I lived in an apartment that had a combined package (ones that include gas, electricity, and internet) in Baltimore. When I moved out, I was charged for an entire year worth of renter's insurance. I'm highly disappointed that they charged without notifying me and I'm warning others about this scam.

Always there when I need them. Always do what they can to help their customers. No long waiting on the phone and no having to listen to the automated recordings for very long at all. I never had to actually do a claim. I just always made sure I paid my premium on time and they were very helpful in helping me take out the policy. If I had any questions, I knew I could call them and they would be able to answer my questions in a timely manner. They provided many different policy options. Umbrella, renters, car, motorcycle, home etc. The renters ins is very reasonable. I now have regular home insurance through them since I now own a home. My automobile insurance is through them as well. The coverage is great, especially with the automobile insurance I have through them now. I have the road side assistance and have used it a total of three times (due to locking my keys in my car). They are a very helpful insurance company.

Each time I had to speak to anyone in customer service they were always very professional and polite and took the time to answer any questions I had and explained each one with great detail and made sure I understood everything completely before ending my call. From the moment of the claims processing to the finished product was very quick and was to my complete satisfaction. The claim was always filed and processing began within 24 hours and I was always totally satisfied with the process time.

They offered numerous policy options that would meet any customers needs. You could add or change something if needed and they just wanted to make sure all potential customers were treated with respect and made me always feel appreciated. My policy was completely what I needed and I was able to have the coverage I thought I needed and the agent helped me to even add more coverage for the same cost in the off chance I would ever need the added coverage in the near future and I was totally satisfied.

I had to over pay my rental insurance, and not informed when I was to receive my obvious refund, that it would go on the credit card used for payment. Now that I cancelled, I can't receive my refund that they knew I would be requesting to be mailed to me. This seems like a very unprofessional way to do a business transaction. I no longer have the credit card I used, they still refused to refund my money. I have to wait for the credit company to reject it and then the credit card company is responsible on refunding my money. The credit card does not have my current address and was told to call them. I don't' believe that I have to go through all this to just get my refund that they knew would need to be refunded.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

ResidentInsure is an independant insurance company that caters to the multi-family housing market with their exclusive renters insurance program. The company’s goal was to create an easy process to get the insurance policy you need, and at the price you can afford.

• Coverage: ResidentInsure has coverage options over liability claims, fire and smoke damage, water damage, theft and burglary and electrical damage.
  • The process: To insure that people can receive renters insurance quickly, ResidentInsure has cut out the lengthy application process and have put it all into a simple four step quote process.
  • Get a quote: To start the process to get renters insurance, users can click on the “Get Quote” button after entering a personal home zip code. From there, users must enter the date coverage should start and a contact e-mail address.
  • Coverage details: The second step asks users to select the amount of liability coverage they need, how much their personal content is worth and the price of their deductible. It also gives you additional options asking about replacement costs, theft coverage, water backup and earthquake coverage.
  • Customer information: Finally, users must submit a few items of personal information to complete the process. When this is entered, ResidentInsure provides the best coverage options and price based on each users unique criteria.
  • Best for Renters with personal property, renters with high risk and renters looking for an online experience.

Compare Renters Insurance