1.87/5

108 Assurant Renters Insurance Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2019

Horrible company to deal with. I signed up through Geico because I needed renters insurance and it also saved me money on my auto insurance. Both the Geico and Assurant reps had no problem writing up the policy even though I expressed numerous times it was a mobile home I was renting. They said, "No problem. This will cover you." Never got any paperwork in the mail about coverage just had automatic payments coming out of my bank to them. When it came close to renewal of the policy I got an email to call Assurant to go over everything.

I called. We went over everything and the rep I talked to figured out they wrote the whole policy as an apartment/condo instead of a mobile home. Refunded me 30 days back but said it needed supervisor approval to refund the whole premium. Spent the last two weeks fighting with them about a full refund since it was Geico and Assurant’s fault the policy was written wrong. Both companies claim it’s my fault the policy was wrong like I was the one who wrote it. They had no problem taking my money for a policy that was never able to be used but to give that money back I was a horrible person for even asking. Horrible customer service and company won’t admit to their screw up but will take your money no matter what. Don’t buy from them.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We are sorry to hear about this situation and we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. We would be happy to look into this. Please send a private message with your full name, policy number and best contact number. We will have a representative review the issue and contact you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

Questionable investigative procedures. In this specific situation, there was a leak in the apartment unit that was not addressed by landlord. The result was mold. The smell was mortifying. I eventually had to call code enforcement. When I contacted Assurant to file a claim, I was told they (Assurant) needed the word of the landlord that the unit was uninhabitable. This makes no sense. When a claimant is in such a situation and insurance makes other accommodations for claimant, the insurance carrier usually subrogates rent from landlord. So, why would any landlord voluntarily give you "their word" that the unit is uninhabitable? They wouldn't. I felt the adjuster should've at least spoken with Code Enforcement. This was such a nightmare. I terminated my lease and cancelled my policy with Assurant immediately after this situation.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We are sorry that you experienced this situation and that we lost your business. We appreciate you taking a moment to leave your feedback.

Get expert buying tips about Renters Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Published review 6/5/19. I had an accident in my home 5/25/19. Today is 6/5/19 and not one call from my adjuster! I have spoken twice with customer service and the representatives were unable to make contact. I have left a voicemail message as well. Is this is how they are dealing with claims by ignoring the consumer? This is very, very disappointing. I guarantee there have been no issues with my automatic bank drafts each month. So, why are there issues with me getting assistance with my claim?

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We would be glad to look into this issue. Please send a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchase this renters insurance. Filed a claim for theft 5 months ago. Sent everything they ask for. Claim adjuster Yovan claims he got everything two months ago. Cannot not get him or his manager to return a phone call or email. When you call they say the same thing, he’s not answering his phone or his manager. They keep sending what they call escalation email but they don’t even respond those. Will seek legal advice. Do not purchase!!!

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We are sorry for this delay. Please send a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 24, 2019

I'm not sure if I should be writing a review for Geico or Assurant. I signed up for renter's through Geico and it was not told to me that it is a through a completely separate company and billed completely separate on a completely separate day! I have never received anything from Assurant. I saw an odd charge in my checking account and had no clue what it was for today, so I called my credit union, she said it was some renters insurance place out of Florida?? I called the number she gave me and was on hold for an hour and nobody answered! I finally called Geico because I saw another reviewer on here say they had the same issue. I explained to Geico the situation and that it was never told to me when I signed up that it was through Assurant and billed separately. So, I took an hour out of my work day to have to figure this out!

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Faith, we apologize for the confusion. While it sounds like you were able to get the information you needed, if there is anything else we may assist you with please share your full name, policy, and phone number via private message.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Renters Insurance?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

My first experience with Assurance was negative and I should have known better than to continue my policy. I signed up for renters insurance through my Geico policy and did not receive notice that it was not a "bundle", rather, you pay a different company (Assurant) a separate payment. My first contact with them was a threatening letter that my policy was cancelled and I had no idea who they were until I contacted Geico. I took care of it, of course, and carried on. Fast forward to one year later and I make my payment 1 day late because I thought I was on automatic payment since I signed up for it but noticed it didn't come out of my account on the day it was due. Of course they returned the payment and cancelled my policy with no letter, email, or phone call. I went back to USAA renters insurance because Assurant doesn't value their customers. Don't waste your time or money with them.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Chris, we hate to hear we lost your business. We hope to be able to one day earn your trust back.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have M S and I submitted a claim for water damage that occurred in our ground level apartment that damaged everything and nothing was able to dry completely, which caused mold, in which I and my family are allergic, to develop on our property throughout the apartment, that caused other medical conditions to develop amongst us all. I have read that Assurant takes care of you and your property Assurant. Assurant says that they protect everything that you own inside your home and anywhere in the world. I filed a claim that will be, one year ago, as of June 07, 2019 and two claims adjusters came out at two different times initially to access the damaged items for this claim, but then they both came out again for what Robyn **, Global P&C Claims, Claims Manager, that she was denying our claim, and that we would receive a letter stating that our claim was denied, but we have never received this supposed letter.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Hello Jan, we would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number so that we can review.

Original review: May 17, 2019

This company is disreputable and dishonest! Do not waste your money getting a policy from them because if and when you need them, they will not be there for you. Funny, I see my insurance adjuster's name, Javier, listed on the complaints board more than once! I have toxic mold in my house. I was hospitalized twice because of it. We had to stay in a hotel, which Assurant was supposed to reimburse me for. I was told this claim was going to be covered at 50% of what my policy limit is. However, after providing all the proof and pictures and meeting their "independent" adjuster at the house, and many, many phone calls later, Javier now is refusing the claim stating that since the mold wasn't caused by a catastrophic event, they are not covering anything!

Almost all of my furniture has to be replaced and I used my savings for the hotel with the understanding that it was going to be reimbursed. I intend on taking this to The Insurance Commission. I was not given a certified copy of my policy and the "independent" adjuster is not a mold expert, he told me this himself. How then, can any determination have been made? Very unscrupulous and dishonest!

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We are sorry that this was your experience with us. We'd like to look into this. Please send a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number so that we review this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2019

I made a purchase for one year renter's insurance in 2017, but did not select to auto-renewal and I DID NOT consent them to store my credit card information in their system either. I have realized that they have automatically STORED my credit card information in their system and kept on charging it automatically WITHOUT MY DAMN CONSENT!!! When I called their customer care it was NOT HELPFUL at all. The instead the agent put the blame on me asking why I stored the credit card with them. DID I FREAKING ask them to store it? Their customer service is well trained to negate any disputes or customer complaints. They are one of the BIGGEST SCAMMERS out there. I wish I saw their reviews before making my original purchase. I advice everyone to look for alternatives. Their real rating is ZERO stars!

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We would like to look into this. Could you please private message your full name, policy number and best contact number so that we can have a representative review and reach out to discuss?

Original review: May 14, 2019

I had my policy with Assurant over 1 year and reside in Florida. My entire Master closet sustained mold damages due to a defective A/C vent installed by the apartment complex I reside in causing significant damages to my personal belongings stored in this area. After submitting a claim clearly indicated as MOLD damages-being prompted to submit itemized requests, I spoke to a claims adjuster Javier ** with Assurant who after verifying all my information and asking for a summary of the problem stated my policy does not cover mold.

After asking what is covered-he states 16 things of which he couldn't tell me from memory but knew 2 thefts and fire damages. After my interrogative questioning, he went on to lie and state that MOLD isn't covered in the State of Florida by the company something that should have been a clear and obvious disclaimer from first submission had it been accurate. This company is full of fraudulent tactics and shady business dealings and I wouldn't recommend anyone utilize their services. The reps are like call center junkies trained to spin lies under pressure. I immediately cancelled the policy and suggest anyone else who has them in the state of FL Cancel or never be in Dire need of this policy. Claim#**.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We understand your frustration and we'd like to look into this. Please private message your full name, claim number and contact number so that we can review.

Original review: May 14, 2019

It took me 30 minutes and 4 phone calls to get policy canceled. When I finally got someone on the phone I said I had tried to it properly in writing on website. It was not working. Called customer service, ask for technical support due to website issue, no one was available. Finally called claims department. Said I was going to stop payment from the bank then got put on hold for another 10 minutes.... Ridiculous. I just bought a house and wanted to end the policy.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Hello Bryan, we are sorry for this inconvenience. Can you please send a private message with your full name, policy number and best contact number so that we can have someone reach out to assist?

Original review: May 12, 2019

Absolutely impossible to find your policy coverage either online or through talking to their representatives. Assurant looks for any possible way to not pay on your policy, or even show you what they do pay. Their service is horrible, once I received the policy to review, pages upon pages of limitations. Got a computer or electronics, limited coverage, got money, not covered, got jewelry, not covered. I received a policy that is a small book of what's not covered, or has very limited coverage. Almost anything of value is not covered or restricted in some way. I signed up with this company through Geico app thinking that it would be a good policy. However, this company is nothing more than a money grab that will find any way to not pay for any of your damages. No insurance is better than Assurant.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

We would be happy to go over your questions regarding your coverage and find the right policy for you. For assistance, please reach out to us privately with your name, policy, and phone number.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Absolutely impossible to find your policy coverage either online or through talking to their representatives. We had to leave our house at the last minute due to no fault of our own. Assurant looks for any possible way to not pay on your policy. Their service is horrible. I signed up with this company through my Geico app thinking that it would be a suitable policy. However, this company is nothing more than a money grab that will find any way to not pay for any of your damages. No insurance is better than Assurant. Scammers.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Heidi, we would be happy to connect you to a specialist to discuss your coverage. For assistance, private message your full name, claim, policy, and phone number.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I'm moving soon, and my new apartment suggested Assurant as the renters' insurance. Because I don't have the time to shop around for renters' insurance, I decided to just go through the relatively easy process of setting up the insurance to bill me along with my rent. That was all fine, I received a receipt via email with a policy number and an effective date. This is when things began turning south. I realized quickly that I'd never actually seen a coverage policy anywhere, and I had no idea if my electronics and my musical equipment (I'm a professional, I have tens of thousands worth of gear that I'd like to have insured, at least partially) were covered.

I went to their website and after a little fighting with the website, I found what I thought might have been their policy page. It prompted me to log in, which then prompted me to try to register as I hadn't yet. I tried to register, inputting my policy number, my effective date, and my phone number, and the website just up and broke. I couldn't even find anywhere to find a support line, only a single SurveyMonkey survey about "my experience with their website." My experience has been BAD, and I still CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE AT ALL WHAT EXACTLY IS COVERED IN MY POLICY. THAT'S SHADY.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Griff, we would be happy to connect you with the correct team for assistance. Please private message your full name, policy, and phone number or give us a call. As an FYI, be sure you're visiting our website to register.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I filed a claim 9 weeks ago due to theft at my residence. I was interviewed and treated like a criminal. They have yet to pay any of my claim. They don’t answer phone, asked to speak to manager 2 weeks ago and they have yet to return a call. Suspect coverages and have to have a receipt for everything I have had my entire life or they say they don’t cover item. For pictures of your items they only cover half the value to replace. No customer service at all. Should not have to seek legal counsel in order for policy to cover what they covered me for and I paid for.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Joshua, so sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience. We received your information via Yelp and are currently reviewing.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had my renters policy with them connect from Geico. After year I was with them my apartment had bad water damage. From other unit water came to my apartment and make damage in my kid's room furniture and some furniture on living room. I made claim. After 1 day claim examiner call me and when he talk to me I was feel he is not gonna make any payment for my lost and he gonna make excuses. After I send damage pictures from my furniture he told me he didn’t see any damage. As I told him, "You can send inspection to my house and check everything" he told me he will call me by video conferencing and he want to see damage live.

I did that and take me day off my work and spend 2 hrs by video contact showing him everything. After day I received email my claim has been closed and they not making any payment. I lost 13k damage furniture and start to purchase again by financing. I canceled my policy and signed with other insurance company. If you purchase policy with Assurant look like you not been covered better don’t waste your money to make them bigger to cheat people.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Hello Seyed, we are sorry to hear you had this experience with us and understand your frustration. If you'd like us to review this issue, please send a private message with your full name, policy/claim number and best contact number so that we can have a team look into this.

Original review: April 3, 2019

9 months without repair and use of a main bathroom. The amt given barely covered a small percentage of repair and now I’m left to fight. There are no numbers or people to talk to - only the one person who is “away from his desk or on a phone call” My restoration co us SO frustrated but no money no work! If anyone can tell me a customer service number or better yet a VP number/ name I would appreciate it. Can’t find this company ASSURANT HOME OWNERS!?!

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Judy, it definitely sounds like a frustrating experience. We have reached out to you via private message so we may gather the information necessary to investigate.

Resolution response: April 3, 2019

I was contacted by Assurant and they took my concern seriously and worked to explain the issue and resolve the matter. I therefore am adjusting my review to reflect this outreach of customer support and service by them. I would recommend this company to others at this time. But with caveat, read your policy, ask questions, and be sure to understand terms and get any and all answers in writing to insure that future misunderstandings are avoided.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Purchased through GEICO Insurance. Was assured that Assurant Renters Insurance is highly rated. This was a lie. Assurant requires unprecedented terms and conditions in order to even warrant an appraiser calling you back. Not to mention that the claims process took and absurd amount of time to just get filed. After filing, you are sent an email that tells you that you must first, prior to anything else, obtain a "technical certification" that items damaged are damaged and can or cannot be repaired at your own expense. Items lost due to destruction cannot be "certified" since they are "LOST" and thus cannot be claimed. All items must be "individually" certified as damaged or irreparable by "approved" technicians. To do this would require prohibitively expensive out of pocket and upfront costs. And are not subject to reimbursement from Assurant. Requirements to prove claim are absurdly unobtainable and utterly impractical.

It would cost more to have just ONE part certified as damaged than I paid for the policy for a year. Assurant does not pay for shipping and handling cost that you would have to pay in order to send any and all items out to be inspected and certified. This insurance is such a scam that it should be illegal. NONE OF THE REQUIREMENTS WERE LISTED IN THE POLICY. They just appear when you file a claim.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Raymond, we are sorry that you have not had a great experience with us. We would like to review. Please send us a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number so that we can review.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Please, do yourself a favor, don't choose Assurant, it's the worst insurance you can use, they are bunch of liars and cheats. When I moved to a different place the people that I hired to moved me, they stole my cameras and other things, I sent the policed report to them, after a few days they called me saying that the report says that the cameras were lost, and not stolen. That's why I say they are cheaters, all the money I pay over the years to get these service.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Hello Emir, we are sorry to hear about your loss. If you have any questions about what is covered by your policy, please reach out via private message.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The apartment complex recommended Assurant renter's insurance, and stupidly I called Assurant and enrolled over the phone, never seeing the actual printed application. Along with the usual chitchat the enrolling agent supposedly asked if I had any previous claims, and if she did, I did not remember that I had had a claim in college three years previous, so when I filed a claim with Assurant in Feb 2019, when 2 large dryer loads of laundry was stolen, I was denied for "misrepresentation" on the application. It turns out that the previous claim was a few days short of being 3 years old, which I guess is a magic time frame, when I made out the application over the phone, altho several months after the "3 years" when I filed the claim. Guess Assurant has not heard of the words "fiduciary responsibilty!" At this point I do not know if I can get other insurance as Assurant has now besmirched my name in the Insurance world. BEWARE of ASSURANT!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Our car got broken in to and a lot was taken out, since we were loading the car for our trip. Assurant is very easy to deal with. Alissa was amazing. Submitted proof of purchases and spoke to her over the phone. We were able to get money back for our stolen things. They also reimbursed us for our citizenship certificate after we paid for a new one and send in the receipt. The whole process from filing to it being approved took about 2 Days.

I was scared after reading all these bad reviews on here, that I had to go through a lot of trouble to get anything back. I never had a claim in my Life before. I can only say that Assurant, especially Alissa is the best person I could have asked for. I can’t understand all these bad comments. Assurant is definitely a great Choice, what Geico offers. Easy process and very helpful. Even though I hope I never have to file a claim again, I loved the easy process of it. Just keep all documents with major purchases and be honest with them. Thanks again Assurant!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I changed my billing info on my account before they billed me. They used my old account to bill me anyway. I called to change it. They would not refund to my original account which left me without money to put food on my table.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased a renters insurance policy through my GEICO account. I've had the policy through Geico for years. My bank sent me a new debit card which I promptly updated on my GEICO account. Keep in mind, I pay ALL my insurance policies through that GEICO account and they were ALL setup on automatic payment. Well apparently the partnership with GEICO does not include updating the payment information!!! So my renters policy was cancelled and lapsed due to non-payment since when Assurant went to process the payment their system did not update with the information from GEICO. Again, I purchased the policy through GEICO and setup automatic billing at GEICO also. But GEICO says because Assurant did not update their system with the new payment card they tried processing under the old card which was declined. So my policy cancelled with NO notification.

I only found out via post office mail on a Saturday that I had no insurance. You can't contact Assurant to correct because THEY ARE CLOSED ON WEEKENDS!!! Even calls to GEICO were no help since GEICO could also not reach anyone at Assurant. So my complex management company charged me $40 for a new policy they purchased for me. I did get the policy reinstated by calling them on Monday to give them the new information. This will allow me to search for a replacement policy from another company. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ASSURANT!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Unprofessional Agents and TERRIBLE Coverage. I've never dealt with such poor customer service, hung up on me and would not return my calls. Tried cheating me out of my coverage and kept telling me to read my policy. It's all in black and white. Try looking for better quality companies who will be more helpful when you're in need of help.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

After moving out of my apartment, I cancelled my renter insurance since I no longer needed it. They auto-renewed so I needed a refund. Since my policy was in my married name, I submitted my divorce decree in order to get the refund. Instead of clarifying the card that they would refund to, they refunded it to my ex-husband and a card I no longer have access to. It takes the company 5 days (in 2019) to respond to an e-mail. I let them know I didn't have access to that card and they wanted me to call the bank.

This could have been very easily resolved if they would have not taken so long to respond. Now that the funds have cleared there is "NOTHING THEY CAN DO." I spoke with 2 different managers which I am not 100% sure were managers. They were very scripted and had no ability to figure out a solution. This company has a bunch of robots who just follow scripts and don't know how to come to any resolution. On top of not being able to have them refund the overpayment to me (even though it is my name on the policy), they just sent me an e-mail for auto-renew.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My agent did not cover my loss He did not accept my proof of loss [PDFs of receipts, replacement costs, and pictures]. He didn't reimburse me for a Hotel bill, loss of personal property, loss of use, and other entitlements. HE sent me less than half of my claim and then Closed it. On the liability side of this claim, I spoke with the property manager and they told me they are having a difficult time with the Liability claim as well. I sent in the pictures, receipts and replacement costs for both the personal property loss and the liability side of the claim. At least the liability side is still open. And there is still hope for full payment. I will not recommend this company and will encourage anyone thinking about using them or who are currently using them to cancel their policy and find a better insurer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The website would not accept my documents, the adjuster kept advising me on different ways to submit my paperwork, all the different methods were not working. I asked if I could just mail my forms but he said not to. Finally after months they "received" my paperwork via their website that was constantly having technical difficulties. They changed my claim process status to closed during this month, until I called and threatened to write a letter to the government oversight committee. Now it shows open, but shows that they are still waiting for documents, even though I just spoke with my adjuster about the final process wrapping up this week.

On the last call he kept asking me about a specific item that is on a receipt I gave them. The receipt shows a few items purchased from Amazon, one of which was an item that was stolen and part of the claim. The adjuster kept trying to get me to claim one of the other items on the receipt as part of the claim but I kept repeating myself that only the flashlight on the receipt was part of the claim, and that I would need to sit at my computer and look at my paperwork to answer him more clearly.

Then I see an email from Amazon indicating that someone who pretended to be me, called and gave my information to access my account to look to see if any items were returned. So basically my adjuster fraudulently access my personal Amazon account, and then tried to bait me into committing insurance fraud. You tell me if this company is not disgusting. I am beginning contact with a lawyer now as they have gone too far, the experience with the insurance company is far worse than waking up and finding my van broken into and robbed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I used Assurant Renters for my apartment for a one year lease and I made a one-time payment out of my checking account. A couple days ago I was charged for a second year, which I did not agree to, and the company didn’t give me a full refund!!! Do NOT use them! They are a terrible company! I didn’t even agree for them to take the money out for a second year or did I agree to automatic renewal and then they don’t return the full amount??? I will NEVER use them again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

When I joined T-Mobile, I made sure to get "the best" insurance. Today my phone was stolen from me at a cafe and for a moment, actually felt re-assured that I had insurance to fall back on. Unfortunately, my experience with Assurant has been an utter nightmare and the complete opposite of what I would call best in service.

At the store, I was advised to call in and start the claim process. The Assurant agent on the phone told me that I was ineligible to pay the deductible to get a new phone in store because the phone was not 50% paid off (I was not aware of that policy from the start). After reviewing with the T-Mobile agent, my phone WAS more than 50% paid off. After discussing with the agent in store for more than an hour, Assurant realized their error. Sadly, I had to call multiple times asking if they would honor my in-store jump, to get a rep that would help.

The store advised me this was their standard procedure and they did it all the time, so in order to get any help, I spent 3 hours calling the Assurant number, requesting the “jump” and being told they couldn’t help me over and over. I’m not exaggerating, I did this at least 15 times. The poor T-Mobile people had no idea what else to do and were completely blocked from helping me. Every time we got different answers and absolutely no help that was productive in any capacity from the Assurant team. The T-Mobile team assured me they process these jumps in store every day and that I was being treated out of process for absolutely no reason.

I don’t write reviews but I feel compelled to write this because I would love to save anyone the trouble of dealing with this insurance company, who has been absolutely a mess to work with and did absolutely nothing to rectify the issue. I have spent hundreds of dollars paying for the “premium” insurance, with the “jump” protection so that if something happens to my phone I can get a new one immediately. Here I am 4 hours into calling and reporting the same issue over and over again, still without a phone, and being advised I need to wait for them to ship me one in 8 business days. I’m traveling at the moment and without a phone, I’m unable to get around. Not to mention I won’t even physically be here in 8 business days. What a joke. For someone who travels, I would absolutely not recommend this service.

Now 4 hours later, I’m being asked to put in ANOTHER claim, receiving a loaner phone, and not being shipped my actual phone for 8 business days. This requires another trip to this store, putting down a down payment on the phone, and having to come back to exchange it. So much for quality insurance. Instead of being a relief to an already upsetting situation, this company has done nothing but add to the headache.

I used Google Trends to identify the top & rising search keywords related to cell phone insurance to weave into this negative review for Assurant Mobile Insurance in hopes that this review gets a high SEO ranking. The customer service I received is completely deplorable and I would never recommend insurance through Assurant. This cell phone insurance (Assurant) is not worth it. Assurant is the worst cell phone insurance provider, definitely go with something else if you are looking for the best cell phone insurance for T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, or another cell phone insurance plan.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased a plan and paid in full for the year. I had one claim where I was robbed in my home and it took almost 4 months to get claim paid. On top of the fact that they are never open, no one ever knows Anything. They close your claim for any reason they can and they will never call you back or return an email. Immediately following they cancelled my plan even though I had paid in full and still had time left on my plan. Do not buy anything from these people. They are criminal and Geico shame on you for partnering with such a terrible company.

Assurant Renters Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Assurant is a specialty insurance company headquartered in Florida. Founded in 1947, Assurant grew to become a Fortune 500 company and now offers specialty insurance including renters’ and apartment insurance.

• Coverage: Assurant Renters Insurance protects your belongings against theft or damage from fire, smoke, flooding or explosions. If something happens to make your apartment or rental home uninhabitable, Assurant provides living expenses.

• Flexibility: If you need to buy a policy for a child attending college, or if you want to purchase one policy with a roommate, Assurant Renters Insurance makes it easy. In fact, you can have up to four people listed on a policy.

• Simple process: It takes less than five minutes to purchase a policy. There are only a few questions to answer, and you can do it all online.

• Affordable premiums: Rental insurance shouldn’t be expensive. Assurant’s plans start at just 44 cents a day.

• Financially-strong company: Assurant is a Fortune 500 company with $30 billion in assets. If you ever need to make a claim on your policy, you can be assured that this company can take care of you.

• Best for: house and apartment renters, especially those with valuable possessions.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky