Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

69 Erie Homeowners Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have never had problem with them, they are a good company. They offer everything that I ask for in an insurance company, they cover everything that I ask for. They cover my entire home, basement included, outbuildings included, along with autos. They offer discounts home and auto. I have had good luck when having to make claims. We have had two claims, and each time, they were quick and sent out adjusters to check out the issues for our home problems, problems solved quickly. I have an independent insurance agent whom handles numerous companies. With this we can compare more than one company when shopping for companies at one stop shopping without traveling from company to company. This company gives me the best for what I need to cover my home and autos, I have good service with this company.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Fantastic policy at great prices. They provided me the best quote for the most coverage at the least cost and with a reasonably low deductible. I also got a local agent and a multiple policy discount. The policy should though cover everything no matter what it is that can happen to a home. Any homeowners policy should be inclusive of every possibility without trying to nickel and dime us things like flood, hurricane, earthquake or sinkhole add ons. But the company has increased my coverage annually to keep up with increased costs to replace. It also provided complete replacement coverage at current requirements instead of just the cost to replace as it was.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was married for 28 years and his family always had Erie, so we went with them. After I divorced this man, I just kept the same insurance and the same agent. I never had any home claims in that time, it wasn't until I moved 5 years ago that this house seems to have a lot of issues, and Erie has always come through for me. I have had 3 floods in my basement in the last 4 years and as soon as I called, they sent an agent to inspect damage and worked with me and disaster teams to get my house back to way it was. I do not live in a flood zone, so when I called this last time in June, I was told I don't have flood insurance even though my policy increased this year. But they did put a clause in it that when an agent stopped to survey damage, they were able to provide me with the maximum amount of coverage they could, which helped.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Erie insurance is conveniently located in my neighbor. They have provided excellent service to myself and many of my family and friends. They seem to always have the best pricing compared to other insurance agencies. I have had Erie insurance for over 5 years and have never had a bad experience! Coverage is also excellent. Their customer service is always a pleasant experience! If I have questions or concerns Erie is always available or gets back to me usually the same day. If I am not available to talk on the phone they will email me to ensure my satisfaction. I wish they would cover more outside projects and damage like retaining walls, yard flooding, dangerous trees, etc. Other than that I do not have any complaints or dislikes about Erie insurance. They are always helpful when I need them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had a flood due to a burst pipe in my house. I called the claims hotline at 9:00 pm to report the incident. I received a call from the claims adjuster at 8 the next morning. After describing the incident, the adjuster explained how the process would proceed and what to expect. Erie had a restoration crew in my house by 10 am to begin the drying process. After completing the dry out, the adjuster evaluated the damage, estimated restoration costs and authorized the repairs. I had my first check 3 days later. Upon completion of the repairs, I submitted invoices and receipts and had my final check within a few days. The Erie employees were great to deal with and made a very stressful situation bearable. I highly recommend this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Erie Homeowners?

Original review: July 25, 2019

The worst, never had a claim for 18 years. Once you need their help they are nowhere to be found. Total malpractice. Office above had water leak which damaged my walls and bathroom. They admitted to the claim but totally incompetent and possibly malpractice by refusing to pay for repairs. Total waste of money and will get them to court. If you do not have a claim they are happy to raise your rate. Take your money.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Erie is the worst! They don't make sense! I had a claim on one of my rental property and when I bought a brand new property they refused to add the property to the policy. Really? It's a brand new property and they refuse to insure it because of another old property being claimed. No common sense, what a business!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I experienced a loss in 2018 with my homeowner's insurance Erie. I filed a claim that today still is pending. I was told by Erie it could go on indefinitely. I was required to do an EUO with Erie’s lawyer that took place 6/19... During that meeting I was laughed at for wear wigs and endured racist remarks and questions that had nothing to do with my claim. Today it’s still pending and they have not provided the data they were by agreement nor have they made a decision. If you're a minority this is not the insurance company for you in my opinion. If you ever had a medical situation that made you need a wig don’t go to them either because they will only cause you harm laughing at you and treating you so harshly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

The paperwork is easy. The prices are cheaper too. Local branch is near my residence and I trust them to give me the best quotes there are. The local office is great and easy to get a hold of. They have friendly office staff and they always walk me through all the paperwork and fees. They treat my family like one of their own.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I filed claims for damages and wasn't paid enough to make repairs. Erie dropped my homeowners insurance after 12 years because I did not like the color green and painted them black with roof paint. As a general contractor myself, I am well abreast to standards and material applications. I believe I was discriminated against for being ** and knowledgeable about insurance ripoffs.

Erie Homeowners expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Erie Insurance has been in business for close to a century. Serving Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland and the District of Columbia, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. The company provides homeowners and renters with coverage for several types of dwellings including houses, apartments, condominiums and manufactured homes.

• Personalized local service: Local agents compile a policy that fits each homeowner's or renter's needs. Claims can easily be made by contacting the same local agent that knows the area and culture.

• Expanded policies: They offer policies that can be expanded to include personal property against damage and theft. High value items such as computers, jewelry and electronics can be added to policies as well as everyday items.

• Competitive pricing and discounts: Competitive pricing options ensure that all customers get the coverage they need and want. Multiple discounts are available to new and existing customers, including multi-policy discounts and credits for safety systems such as burglar alarms and sprinkler systems.

• Plus policy: With their Plus policy, they waive deductibles when losses total more than $50,000, and offer higher limits for debris removal and other disaster-related expenses.

• Peace of mind: In the event property loss makes temporary relocation necessary, living expenses related to relocation are covered.

• Best for: New homeowners and those who are residents of an Eastern or Central state.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky