Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Erie Homeowners Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Very disappointed and frustrated with Erie’s handling of my claim and their customer service. Two neighbors on either side of me had their roof replaced by insurance with no issues from other insurance companies. For us, ERIE adjuster called out an engineer who said there was no hail damage - and no hail on the specified date within 5 miles of my house. I have multiple certified weather reports stating there was 1-1/2” hail at my specific address on the date, and I also sent them an image of our neighbor who was holding a piece of it on that day with a time stamp on the text message.

I pointed out their engineer report was incorrect with her facts so why do they trust her report - but that’s what they continue to hide behind. Then, we get a letter from Erie underwriting stating guess what - we need our roof replaced or they may cancel our policy. Beyond upset with this group. I wrote several people at corporate but all same story - they stand with their engineers false report.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have been with Erie Insurance for 5 years and my parent was insured with them for years prior to their death. Erie has been difficult to deal with like demanding I clean my father's yard after he died. They did not care that I was grieving and needed time to sort things out. I stayed like a fool despite their insensitivity toward my loss but I had a few claims and they harrassed me and sending letters that someone inspected my property and I knew they were lying because I installed a gate for safety around my home as well as surveillance cameras outside around my home.

So because they could not get in my home in February with no letters about scheduling to do an inspection they send a letter less than 30 days prior to my renewal dropping me because they could not get in my home in February 2019 in which I expressed I was sick in the hospital with congestive heart failure and high fluid retention. But Erie did not mention wanting to do the inspection anymore throughout the remainder of my policy term and they dropped me in October 2019 no warning so I am stuck with having to come up with more money for a downpayment for new insurance. Being on Disability it not easy for me financially. Stay away from Erie insurance. They do not care about their relationships with their customers.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

The worst, never had a claim for 18 years. Once you need their help they are nowhere to be found. Total malpractice. Office above had water leak which damaged my walls and bathroom. They admitted to the claim but totally incompetent and possibly malpractice by refusing to pay for repairs. Total waste of money and will get them to court. If you do not have a claim they are happy to raise your rate. Take your money.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Erie is the worst! They don't make sense! I had a claim on one of my rental property and when I bought a brand new property they refused to add the property to the policy. Really? It's a brand new property and they refuse to insure it because of another old property being claimed. No common sense, what a business!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I experienced a loss in 2018 with my homeowner's insurance Erie. I filed a claim that today still is pending. I was told by Erie it could go on indefinitely. I was required to do an EUO with Erie’s lawyer that took place 6/19... During that meeting I was laughed at for wear wigs and endured racist remarks and questions that had nothing to do with my claim. Today it’s still pending and they have not provided the data they were by agreement nor have they made a decision. If you're a minority this is not the insurance company for you in my opinion. If you ever had a medical situation that made you need a wig don’t go to them either because they will only cause you harm laughing at you and treating you so harshly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Erie Homeowners?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

The paperwork is easy. The prices are cheaper too. Local branch is near my residence and I trust them to give me the best quotes there are. The local office is great and easy to get a hold of. They have friendly office staff and they always walk me through all the paperwork and fees. They treat my family like one of their own.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I filed claims for damages and wasn't paid enough to make repairs. Erie dropped my homeowners insurance after 12 years because I did not like the color green and painted them black with roof paint. As a general contractor myself, I am well abreast to standards and material applications. I believe I was discriminated against for being ** and knowledgeable about insurance ripoffs.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have never had problem with them, they are a good company. They offer everything that I ask for in an insurance company, they cover everything that I ask for. They cover my entire home, basement included, outbuildings included, along with autos. They offer discounts home and auto. I have had good luck when having to make claims. We have had two claims, and each time, they were quick and sent out adjusters to check out the issues for our home problems, problems solved quickly. I have an independent insurance agent whom handles numerous companies. With this we can compare more than one company when shopping for companies at one stop shopping without traveling from company to company. This company gives me the best for what I need to cover my home and autos, I have good service with this company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Everything has been good with the company we chose and they have not raised rates or change anything on me. It's local and I was recommended to them from my loan officer and they offered the best option on homeowners insurance compared to the other companies I checked out. I can combine auto to it for a better price and they are good at responding to any question I would have at the time and the payment option I was able to chose. Erie is a really good company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I selected this insurance company because I personally know the representative so I feel like he is someone that I can trust, and also because this company offered me the best price on my home insurance. The only thing I really dislike about my insurance company or policy, though, is the amount that the premium increases every year. I think it goes up more than it should be allowed to increase. It is crazy!

Erie Homeowners expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Erie Insurance has been in business for close to a century. Serving Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland and the District of Columbia, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. The company provides homeowners and renters with coverage for several types of dwellings including houses, apartments, condominiums and manufactured homes.

• Personalized local service: Local agents compile a policy that fits each homeowner's or renter's needs. Claims can easily be made by contacting the same local agent that knows the area and culture.

• Expanded policies: They offer policies that can be expanded to include personal property against damage and theft. High value items such as computers, jewelry and electronics can be added to policies as well as everyday items.

• Competitive pricing and discounts: Competitive pricing options ensure that all customers get the coverage they need and want. Multiple discounts are available to new and existing customers, including multi-policy discounts and credits for safety systems such as burglar alarms and sprinkler systems.

• Plus policy: With their Plus policy, they waive deductibles when losses total more than $50,000, and offer higher limits for debris removal and other disaster-related expenses.

• Peace of mind: In the event property loss makes temporary relocation necessary, living expenses related to relocation are covered.

• Best for: New homeowners and those who are residents of an Eastern or Central state.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor