Policygenius Disability Insurance Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.91/5

PolicyGenius offers live advice to help you decide how much coverage you need before you buy. At PolicyGenius, the mission is to make this a simple, easy process from start to finish.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More
Policygenius Disability Insurance Visit Website

Policygenius Disability Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The process with Policy genius was overall easy and painless. I feel that I got the best price that I could in the market. I would recommend policy genius to anyone looking for insurance coverage. The team was always responsive and easy to get in contact with.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

William, thanks for the kind words. We're happy we were able to be able to provide you great pricing! - Theresa S.

Get expert buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

This isn't an actual insurance company, but also they aren't just a simple lead gen website that hands your data over for insurance companies to call you.Instead, they have a very nice simple frontend that helped me learn about coverage options, get quotes, and then make the process as seamless as possible. I'll definitely be using them again for other insurance shopping needs.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Thank you for the review, Phil. We are so pleased you found our service easy to navigate! - Theresa S.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Policygenius team - Anthony **, Jake, and Jenny were all great at reaching out to me to let me know the timeline. When I had questions, they all promptly responded. I couldn't ask for better communicators. When Ameritas became difficult because of my two preexisting conditions and I was getting frustrated as I and my doctors felt the conditions were mild, Anthony recommended that we try out Principal, which is what I ended up going with. I felt like I had a lot of questions that I was asking Anthony and he took the time to answer and address all my concerns, which I am super appreciative of.

The insurance policy itself - I'm hoping the additional riders won't affect me in the future. I totally understand that insurance companies need to protect themselves from preexisting conditions and people who may abuse the system. I wish there was a way for the insurance company to send me to their doctors to evaluate me so they can realize the extent of my "preexisting condition." I wonder how older people are eligible for coverage. But I know this is the insurance industry as a whole, and not something that Policygenius can control. I would definitely recommend Policygenius to anyone who is looking for long term disability insurance!

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Thank you, Kim! We are happy to hear you were pleased with our process and communication! - Theresa S.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I found Policygenius online and didn't know anyone who used them. They were amazing!! I had to get a small private policy to keep my group policy (a law changed) and they worked so hard to get me approved quickly from a good company at a fair rate. The service was flawless and each agent was so attentive and kind. They had great notes so it didn't matter who I spoke with, they always knew where we were in the process. I have had agents in the past and these people were all the best. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I had a few bumps along the way with my medical records and I was not sure I would be approved but they helped me to contact the company and work it all out. For such a small policy, I was amazed how much work they put in and always made me feel like a very valued customer.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently applied for and obtained supplemental long-term disability insurance through Policygenius. I had a great customer experience and very much appreciated the efforts of the Policygenius team. I would recommend this service to anyone who is weary of working with a traditional insurance agent/broker or who does not necessarily have the free time available for in-person consultations. The Policygenius team was very knowledgeable about the different insurance products offered and able to answer my specific questions regarding the terms of the coverage.

Further, the Policygenius website has extensive material to educate the applicant on the different types of insurance available and practical considerations for obtaining coverage. Policygenius was able to compare quotes across several different insurers and recommend coverage based on my needs. The rates were very competitive and represented the prevailing rates offered by insurance companies to consumers at large.

Since Policygenius works with an extensive list of insurers, I did not feel as though their team had a conflict of interest to endorse a particular company, and at no point did I feel that their team was attempting to sell me on a particular product or course of action. What I appreciated most throughout the process was the extremely high level of communication and responsiveness. A member of the Policygenius team responded via email to my document submissions or answered any questions I had promptly, usually within an hour or two. They also reached out to schedule phone consultations at critical points in the application process to review options and next steps. The entire process was very efficient, and I am fully satisfied with the results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Disability Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Police genius provides a very efficient and professional service. All the staff at Policy genius is very courteous, friendly, and nice and deals every client in a thoroughly professional manner. I’ll definitely recommend this company to friends and family. Thanks.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Muhammad - thanks so much for the review. I'm so happy to know we provided a great customer experience to you. - Theresa S.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I had no idea how much I was going to need this team to help me work through all the details. I am very grateful for how professional, detailed, and efficient they were in helping me. I would recommend this company for sure.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Poppy, thanks for your kind words. So pleased to know we met your expectations and assisted you in the insurance buying process. - Theresa S.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My experience with Policy Genius was topnotch. As a busy physician I needed an organization that could shop different insurance companies, get me the best rate and do the legwork to make sure the policy was done. They delivered at every step of the way and clearly communicated any issues to me as they arose.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Josh, thanks for the kinds review. Happy to know we secured the best rates and took the extra work off your plate! - Theresa S.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I appreciated the great communication and updates provided by Policy Genius throughout the process of obtaining a disability insurance policy. The only complaint I have is the amount of time it took to get a health interview and then finally have my application approved, however that was likely the insurer's fault.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Joseph, thanks for the review. Apologies about the length of time it took. We really appreciate you hanging in there while we ironed everything out! - Theresa S.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Policy Genius helped me find disability insurance easily and quickly and helped me find the best policy out there. Great experience. I worked with Anthony and Jake and they helped a lot. I would not have found the policy that I chose without Anthony and Jake helping me out. I'm glad I found Policy genius because I did not know where to find good insurance.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Ambrose, I'll be sure to get your feedback over to Anthony & Jake. Thanks so much for taking your time out to write a review and thanks for choosing Policygenius! - Theresa S.

Policygenius Disability Insurance Company Information