4.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

PolicyGenius offers live advice to help you decide how much coverage you need before you buy. At PolicyGenius, the mission is to make this a simple, easy process from start to finish.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

Policygenius Disability Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The process with Policy genius was overall easy and painless. I feel that I got the best price that I could in the market. I would recommend policy genius to anyone looking for insurance coverage. The team was always responsive and easy to get in contact with.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

William, thanks for the kind words. We're happy we were able to be able to provide you great pricing! - Theresa S.

Get expert buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

This isn't an actual insurance company, but also they aren't just a simple lead gen website that hands your data over for insurance companies to call you.Instead, they have a very nice simple frontend that helped me learn about coverage options, get quotes, and then make the process as seamless as possible. I'll definitely be using them again for other insurance shopping needs.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Thank you for the review, Phil. We are so pleased you found our service easy to navigate! - Theresa S.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Policygenius team - Anthony **, Jake, and Jenny were all great at reaching out to me to let me know the timeline. When I had questions, they all promptly responded. I couldn't ask for better communicators. When Ameritas became difficult because of my two preexisting conditions and I was getting frustrated as I and my doctors felt the conditions were mild, Anthony recommended that we try out Principal, which is what I ended up going with. I felt like I had a lot of questions that I was asking Anthony and he took the time to answer and address all my concerns, which I am super appreciative of.

The insurance policy itself - I'm hoping the additional riders won't affect me in the future. I totally understand that insurance companies need to protect themselves from preexisting conditions and people who may abuse the system. I wish there was a way for the insurance company to send me to their doctors to evaluate me so they can realize the extent of my "preexisting condition." I wonder how older people are eligible for coverage. But I know this is the insurance industry as a whole, and not something that Policygenius can control. I would definitely recommend Policygenius to anyone who is looking for long term disability insurance!

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Thank you, Kim! We are happy to hear you were pleased with our process and communication! - Theresa S.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I found Policygenius online and didn't know anyone who used them. They were amazing!! I had to get a small private policy to keep my group policy (a law changed) and they worked so hard to get me approved quickly from a good company at a fair rate. The service was flawless and each agent was so attentive and kind. They had great notes so it didn't matter who I spoke with, they always knew where we were in the process. I have had agents in the past and these people were all the best. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I had a few bumps along the way with my medical records and I was not sure I would be approved but they helped me to contact the company and work it all out. For such a small policy, I was amazed how much work they put in and always made me feel like a very valued customer.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently applied for and obtained supplemental long-term disability insurance through Policygenius. I had a great customer experience and very much appreciated the efforts of the Policygenius team. I would recommend this service to anyone who is weary of working with a traditional insurance agent/broker or who does not necessarily have the free time available for in-person consultations. The Policygenius team was very knowledgeable about the different insurance products offered and able to answer my specific questions regarding the terms of the coverage.

Further, the Policygenius website has extensive material to educate the applicant on the different types of insurance available and practical considerations for obtaining coverage. Policygenius was able to compare quotes across several different insurers and recommend coverage based on my needs. The rates were very competitive and represented the prevailing rates offered by insurance companies to consumers at large.

Since Policygenius works with an extensive list of insurers, I did not feel as though their team had a conflict of interest to endorse a particular company, and at no point did I feel that their team was attempting to sell me on a particular product or course of action. What I appreciated most throughout the process was the extremely high level of communication and responsiveness. A member of the Policygenius team responded via email to my document submissions or answered any questions I had promptly, usually within an hour or two. They also reached out to schedule phone consultations at critical points in the application process to review options and next steps. The entire process was very efficient, and I am fully satisfied with the results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Disability Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

PolicyGenius has excellent customer service, very dependable, dedicated to the cause, extremely knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile to achieve the desired results of the client. I am beyond impressed with my experience and will be referring PolicyGenius to everyone! If you are looking for a trustworthy company to handle your insurance needs PolicyGenius is the one!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Everyone that assisted me in the process of getting disability insurance were very knowledgeable and courteous. They also know that the customers time is valuable and made everything convenient. Entire process was quick and easy thanks to the good people at PolicyGenius.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Matt - thank you very much for your review. We strive to make the insurance buying process simple and enjoyable! Glad to hear we made that happen for you. - Theresa S.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Great overall experience. Great communication throughout and they gave me choices which I liked. They answered all my questions throughout and were timely in their responses and things were explained well. I have already recommended them to others and will continue to do so.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Jaffar, thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to have provided a good experience to you. - Theresa S.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Although it took about 1 year total to get this done because Berkshire made us wait for a professional license restriction to be cleared, this team remained professional, organized, and responsive, and ultimately got the long-term policy approved at the quoted price. I recommend this company.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

E., thank you for your patience through the process and your kind review. Glad we could help you through this process. - Theresa S.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

They were very on top of all the information I needed to provide and were very helpful in explaining each step and helping understand the differences in benefit selections. They provided reminders when I had to submit a document or time-sensitive process I needed to complete.

Policygenius Disability Insurance response

Daniel, thank you for your kind words. I'm so pleased you found our service easy to navigate and helpful! - Theresa S.

Policygenius Disability Insurance Company Information