5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

7 Policygenius Disability Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2019

It was a pleasure working with Policygenius throughout this process. Everything was organized and well managed. Excellent customer service. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking insurance. Great experience. Step by step emails were received in a timely manner along with multiple reminders, if needed. Thank you Policygenius for the peace of mind you have given my family.

Get expert buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I found Policygenius online and didn't know anyone who used them. They were amazing!! I had to get a small private policy to keep my group policy (a law changed) and they worked so hard to get me approved quickly from a good company at a fair rate. The service was flawless and each agent was so attentive and kind. They had great notes so it didn't matter who I spoke with, they always knew where we were in the process. I have had agents in the past and these people were all the best. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I had a few bumps along the way with my medical records and I was not sure I would be approved but they helped me to contact the company and work it all out. For such a small policy, I was amazed how much work they put in and always made me feel like a very valued customer.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently applied for and obtained supplemental long-term disability insurance through Policygenius. I had a great customer experience and very much appreciated the efforts of the Policygenius team. I would recommend this service to anyone who is weary of working with a traditional insurance agent/broker or who does not necessarily have the free time available for in-person consultations. The Policygenius team was very knowledgeable about the different insurance products offered and able to answer my specific questions regarding the terms of the coverage.

Further, the Policygenius website has extensive material to educate the applicant on the different types of insurance available and practical considerations for obtaining coverage. Policygenius was able to compare quotes across several different insurers and recommend coverage based on my needs. The rates were very competitive and represented the prevailing rates offered by insurance companies to consumers at large.

Since Policygenius works with an extensive list of insurers, I did not feel as though their team had a conflict of interest to endorse a particular company, and at no point did I feel that their team was attempting to sell me on a particular product or course of action. What I appreciated most throughout the process was the extremely high level of communication and responsiveness. A member of the Policygenius team responded via email to my document submissions or answered any questions I had promptly, usually within an hour or two. They also reached out to schedule phone consultations at critical points in the application process to review options and next steps. The entire process was very efficient, and I am fully satisfied with the results.

Original review: March 11, 2019

The team made all procedure so easy and fast. Great communication and prompt paperworks. Especially English is my not first language, so it was really helpful for me. Also they were very patient as well. Will definitely work again and recommend to my coworkers who need disability insurance. Thank you all the team!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Thank You PolicyGenius! Your team has been great in keeping me informed and answering my questions every step of the way. Additionally, you provided recommendations based on my needs and data presented which allowed me to make an informed decision. I will take the survey and will also be referring family and friends to your company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Disability Insurance?

Original review: May 3, 2019

I was shopping around disability insurance and Policygenius did a great job narrowing down the best policies with me. I was given a timeframe how long this was going to take so I was not surprised by the timing. They constantly followed up with me. Great people.

Original review: March 4, 2019

The process of purchasing long-term disability insurance would have been deeply confusing on my own. Having people to guide me through it and explain the various options - for free! - was extremely helpful. I especially appreciated their diligence in presenting their reasons for their recommendations.

Policygenius Disability Insurance Company Information