1.42/5
Based on 196 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Aflac

Aflac is the leader in voluntary insurance sales at the work site in the United States.*

Short-Term Disability**

Hospital Intensive Care**

Hospital Indemnity***

Dental***

Vision**

**Available as individual product only

***Available in both individual and group products. Benefits of group and individual products may vary.

View More View More

645 Aflac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Run away from them as fast as you can! My husband and I have a policy with Aflac. We were in a car accident and submitted a claim on our policies. I submitted everything. After not hearing anything for a while, we made multiple attempts to contact our agent, all of which failed. She never tried to get back to us. I submitted a request for help to the website. When we finally received a response it was that they needed the police report. It had already submitted it, but I sent it again, via mail as they couldn’t take another upload to the site for whatever reason.

When we finally received a response on that it was that they needed a legible police report. The copy I sent is legible and far better than the original. This is just another tactic to not pay on a claim. From my experience, they will do anything possible to not pay a claim. Forget the one-day payout or any payment at all from what I have seen. I would recommend staying away from this company and never getting a policy. In my opinion, it’s a waste of money and a scam!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have had 4 Aflac policies since 11/2012, Hospital, Accident, Short term disability and Life Insurance through my Employer, with no lapse in coverage. I upgraded an additional unit on my Short Term Disability policy on 1/2018 for the additional weekly pay. On 7/10/2018 I had a total knee replacement and was in the hospital for one day. Aflac paid under the Hospital Indemnity policy I have had since 11/2012. I had to wait for the Employer's Statement which I emailed to Aflac on 8/2/2018 in the morning. I had a message in the message center on 8/3/2018 that they had received the form.

I had called Aflac claim center and was informed that the Short Term Disability claim was denied to pre existing conditions. There has been no lapse in coverage since 2012 and pre existing conditions do not apply. If the Claims person would have took the time to look over the policy they would have known this and the claim would not have been denied. I had to file a claims appeal form on 8/7/2018, and had not received a claims denied letter. That came on 8/10/2018, that it was denied on 8/2/2018. It has been a month and no Short Term disability, it takes 30-45 days to get an answer on the appeal. Aflac has no one to call to straighten out a misunderstanding on a claim. The company is geared to put their customers from collecting on their policies and making them suffering hardships. The agent has also been no help by not returning phone calls and also hanging up on calls. The customer service people were great to work with.

Get expert buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have had coverage for over a year now and not once can I get a representative to respond to my calls. They tell you one thing and do nothing. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. You call the main number and their response is “you have to get your representative to help you”... Very poor communication skills. Do not let them suck you in.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have purchased the Aflac cancer policy through my employer. The policy was enforced for over 2 years while payments were made through payroll deduction. So no payments were missed or late. A month ago I filed a claim for this. I was told on the phone that all information was received and a decision would be made within 4 days. 15 days later I had to call Aflac only to find out they needed a HIPAA form in order to get more information from my DR. I thought all was in order? Now fast forward another 20 days and Aflac is claiming the company they use to filter this information hasn't received it from Dr yet. I find this kind of funny because I am holding a fax confirmation from my Dr that clearly shows it was received by Aflac 15 days ago.

I now make it my mission in life to call Aflac every other day to get updates. Every phone call gets a different answer. I am giving Aflac 10 days and will then contact my state attorney general office and private lawyer. I hate to go that route since any settlement will be eaten up legal fees. I just don't see any other recourse. Aflac is nothing but a fraudulent Ponzi scheme. They use the money new victims pay in to pay the claims they are forced to pay. They keep losing paperwork, moving its different departments, or placing your claim with some phantom department you can never speak with. Please don't give this company another penny. They need to pay the claims they have and then do the honorable thing and close their doors. There is no excuse for the stealing of people's money.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

After getting all the documents to Aflac regarding my husband hospitalization in which it is covered by my policy at work back and forth with this Aflac people only to denied it because per their letter date of service June 19 to June 22 is not covered because my policy is not effective till July 1st 2018; which is so stupid because I filed claim for date of service July 15 to July 22 2018 which I have all the claim form along with itemized bill medical records and discharged papers that their underwriter ask me to send, for what just to deny it. This company should be closed for fraudulent advertising and misleading information and cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We have an accident policy with Aflac. My husband hurt his shoulder water skiing and called his primary care doctor 2 days later because he was still hurting from the fall. The primary care immediately schedule him for an MRI the same day and we were fortunate that my medical insurance approved same day so he could get the MRI. Unfortunately the MRI revealed he had a tear in rotator cuff area from the water ski injury. This just happen and his primary has scheduled him to follow up with a specialist. I received the MRI report, diagnosis, and UB04 billing statement including my payment receipt. I called AFLAC to go over all information required and I was advised over the phone I had everything needed to submit a Smart Claim.

Well the submit Smart Claim before 3 and get processed same day is a fraudulent claim in their advertising. Aflac responds the next day saying I needed to submit the UB04 and diagnosis codes and proof the services were rendered. I uploaded the documents again and called to verify all information was received. Well it still did not get processed the next day and was denied 4 days later claiming I did not show proof that an accident occurred. I assume the adjuster handling the claim was clearly blind as the MRI report clearly states a tear in shoulder due to a water ski accident. I will be filing complaints and make sure Aflac does not treat other customers in this manner.

Aflac needs to change their advertising on their Smart Claim processing. They DO NOT process claims the same day received if all information is submitted per Aflac instruction and policy guidelines. To add, AFLAC DOES NOT process accident policy claims when your medical record states “AN ACCIDENT DID OCCUR”. If Aflac had competent adjusters reviewing their claims the adjuster would know the only way you can have this type of injury to your shoulder is by a fall or a pull. We will be filing formal complaints and hope to get reimbursed for the premiums paid in this fraudulent policy.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

After comparing different accident policies and cancer policies I went with Aflac based on research. Well I was wrong. I went to the doctor and was told I have early stages of skin cancer that they need to freeze or remove. No problem thinking I have Aflac and their promise of easy claims. They paid for the initial visit but denied the follow on service. So lesson learned. The money I paid out I could have saved.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I lost my sight in my left eye on March 11, 2018. I am a stroke patient and this has been a terrible experience for me. I was out of work until June 1, 2018. I filed a claim with Aflac for the first time under Critical Illness and on June 29, 2018 a very rude rep told me my claim was denied because I didn’t lose my sight in both eyes. She wouldn’t even assist me with information to file an appeal. I had to call back to get someone nice enough to help me. I don’t understand what I have been paying for if I can’t get assistance when needed. Now my claim sits in an appeal status and no one provides an update. I have to keep calling to check my status. This will be the last time I ever use Aflac and recommend it to anyone. I will contact my employer and provide them with the treatment I have been given. My Neurologist initiated this claim on my behalf and nowhere in the policy does it state one would need to lose sight in both eyes.

This company has made up rules as they feel fit at my expense. The one time I need help I’m treated as though I’m a burden. Losing my sight was a major adjustment. How do you sit in judgment on someone’s health and feel justified in saying it would be better to lose sight in both your eyes for Aflac to help you. I’m hurt and disgusted by this process and the fact no one will communicate with a paying customer. Hopefully one day their own staff won’t go through what I’ve been through. I did speak to one rep Shanita who said she would pray for me. The most pleasant person I’ve encountered at Aflac because her mother had a similar problem. This company needs more people like her. I work in the health field and can’t imagine treating anyone like this, and saying some of the things I’ve been told. I will surely think twice about furthering a business relationship with Aflac.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased my useless policy through Aflac... Buyers beware. I provided every single document concerning my temp. disability from serious illness. At every inquiry I was put off... requiring the same thing already sent. I have legitimate claims that were all denied. Zero dollars paid out. My hard earned money in the toilet. I was completely frauded with promises of my claims being covered. Do not waste your money on this useless company.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My aunt died December 5, 2017. I am the administrator of her estate. She had a cancer policy. I have been dealing with AFLAC since December 21st, 2017. I finally received a check around July 10th, 2018 for $1,355.00. I have requested a copy of the policy. I have called and I have faxed. I have not gotten any kind of response. I need a copy of the policy but I cannot get one. I even received an invoice for payment since she died. They can get the invoice to me but somehow I cannot get a copy of the invoice.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I went through the process and did everything that was required of me. Well here is where the BS started. First, they do not even tell you there is an issue with your claim. I had to keep on calling to find out what the delay was. People on the phone do their best. But their info is limited. Next, they claimed my policy (Critical Care Insurance) was not renewed on Jan. 1. Wrong. Next, I had to re-fax all the info I faxed numerous times already. Finally, I got ahold of someone who seemed to want to help. She found out the claim was waiting on a supervisor to OK it. Now is this the plan there. Wait out people with critical illnesses, hoping they will expire. Sounds a bit loopy, but hey, what else can it be.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I recently had hernia surgery on 7/13/18. Submitted all the requirements from me/employer and surgeon. Was told I would get their decision on 7/26/18. First off what’s the decision? I’ve had this policy since November 2017. Never used it until now. You advertise same day pay in some cases. All I keep getting over the phone is another 48-72 hours for the decision to be made. This company is a total joke. Pay your money through payroll deductions every week and all you get is the run around. My next complaint will be filed with the BBB and I have even considered contacting my attorney over this matter. It’s a shame when people pay for this coverage but get jerked around when they try to use it. Insurance companies have become such a joke over the last few years.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Worst experience trying to be paid out for a claim that only yielded $65. Submitted the claim over a month prior and had to call 15 times to keep things moving. Had to resubmit documents that I had sent previously just to be told that more documentation was still needed after sending 2 weeks prior. Waste of time and left me very frustrated. I have paid into the plan for more 2 years and never filed a claim previously. Would not recommend Aflac to anyone, I will be looking into a new insurance company. I will be advising my employer of 12000 employees of the horrible service since this is a benefit offered through my company.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have to say that I am extremely dissatisfied with Aflac. Partially is fault of my own, I should have read the fine print. But seriously, they are going to cherry pick what accidents they are going to cover? An accident is an accident. Apparently me paying them out of my check every other week was for no reason. Had I been putting away that money into a savings account I would be able to use it right now when I need it. For this ACCIDENT that happened. Anyway...them not covering my husband's accident that occurred while he was under the influence prompted me to see what else they wouldn't cover...so pretty much everything.

No accidents at work (which is why I got this in the first place because my husband is self employed construction worker), no accidents while playing sports, no illness or hospitalization cause by bacteria, virus or parasite, and pretty much nothing else. Anyway... needless to say, I am cancelling this policy promptly and will be putting my money away in case of emergency, instead of donating it to AFLAC. What a waste.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Out of work since 6/19/18- short term disability. All paperwork was submitted by 6/28 and confirmed received. Last 2 weeks I’m told they were migrating their computer system and could not get status in my claim, I have called every day and now being told computers are down since 7/16 and sorry can’t speak to anyone and nothing they can do. They have all paperwork. I should have gotten my Money within the first 10 days! At least by 6/30/18 nothing!!! We are behind on bills and rent.

I got this insurance through work huge nationwide group, I will definitely let them know of my experience - over a month and no money. Your insurance has caused my family stress, sleepless nights and much aggravation and time on the phone... all while I'm supposed to be recovering peacefully. Friday 7/20 I waited on hold over an hour. No one picked my call up. I will be on the phone and logging dates and times as I have till the money is in my account. How disgusting AFLAC.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchased a Cancer policy, find out in this year that I have cancer. I filed a claim with Aflac and now they are refusing to pay. The claim is in "supervisor mode," which a manager is stating can stay indefinitely. I am not happy with that. We always hear about insurance companies taking people’s money and then later refusing to pay the claim. Aflac is doing the same here with me and many other people. Aflac you should want to be better and do your customer right. DO THE RIGHT THING!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Aflac is nothing but a lie... they say payout and receive a check within 4 days... Huh in what world?? I've been out of work since April 13 and I paid extra for short-term disability to make sure I get paid starting 7 days on illness/1 day accident just in case anything may happen in the future. WHAT A JOKE. I have been taken off of work by the doc for medical reasons and it's been 3 months and still not a damn dime. No one returns calls and they keep saying the same ** story. Aflac keeps requesting more and more information in which I give to them immediately and still NOTHING! I call every 3 days and no one can give me any answers, all they continue to tell me is... it's under review with the auditor, there's more info needed (which they already have EVERYTHING from my doctor), or... no need to keep calling just check the website. It doesn't matter what I do. I STILL get no answers to when this will be settled.

Again, I haven't had any money coming in since April. RIDICULOUS! My next step is contacting all social media... FACEBOOK, YELP, CHANNEL 13 & A LAWYER. I'm so done with the lies and **! I will tell everyone I know and drag this company to the ground. AFLAC FALSE ADVERTISES and need to get their ** together... hell I can't even get my representative to do anything in the office as calls are screened and very rarely get a call back. All he tells me is... "it's out of his hands"... WTF really... what have I been paying for. I signed up with Aflac because I was told it was great... What a JOKE! EVERYONE AFLAC SUCKS!

Original review: July 17, 2018

The incompetence and disorganization at AFLAC is astounding. I’ve been with AFLAC for 2 years now... I have every policy available including short term disability. Over Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2018 I tore my left bicep tendon almost completely off my bone... A freak accident at home... Had surgery on June 8,2018. They have given me the run around for 2 months. My agent Megan ** who signed me up for the policy says that headquarters is having trouble determining how much to pay me. 6 weeks ago Megan submitted my W2’s from both 2017 & 2018 and also my last 40 hour check stub prior to Memorial Day. The reason I purchased this policy was to help pay my bills in an emergency such as this... I’m seeing an attorney this week. Hopefully she can get something accomplished. Seek elsewhere for your insurance needs.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I fractured my foot May 7th and filed my claim with AFLAC, When I filed it said to receive your money faster to do direct deposit, which I did. I have emailed over 30 documents from my ER visit, ortho visit, etc. and called over 16 times to "check on claim" after about the 10th call the representative (and you always get someone different who takes several minutes to check their computer) said "Oh didn't they tell you that our "imaging" is down?" I stated that whatever problems they were having THEY needed to fix. I asked to speak to a supervisor/manager and they requested one to call me back 3 times but still not call (said it would be within 48 hours).

I took out this policy in good faith and have paid and continue to pay. They are not what they depict they are. I am told they have everything they need. Someone was suppose to review 5 days ago but didn't so the last call I made they expedited it to her manager who will expedite it to a claims manager and I was told that's the highest it can go??? I will call tomorrow (5 business days from last call) and if it doesn't get direct deposit then I will go to the state and/or Federal insurance regulatory dept. and they can call them. This is suppose to be a well known company??? Very disappointed in how they handle their business, especially cause I need them now.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I broke my foot on April 29 or so. Sent the paperwork in for a broken bone which is 5 grand if that broken bone needs surgery. Mine was just broken and in a boot. So I submitted a claim and they paid 2500$ fairly quickly. But after wearing the boot 2 weeks new xrays found it splintered and fractured more and needed surgery. I got 3 screws and a plate. And a pin on June 4. I submitted the surgery paperwork June 4. When I didn't hear anything for awhile on June 20 I called them. And they said they were missing a surgical report. So I got the fax # and called my Dr to fax them the surgical report. Then I waited an hour and called Aflac back and asked if they received the fax, they said no. So I called my Dr again and asked them to resubmit the fax.

They did. So I called Aflac back again and to see if they had it, they said no. I told them, "I don't know what to do." She said, "Well you can try faxing it to my supervisor's personal fax." So for the 3rd time I called my Dr back and had them fax to this new #. Then I called Aflac and asked if they got it. Lo and behold they did receive that one and they said it could be 10 days till they process it cause they were behind. Ok well I called back after 10 days and they said it was denied. That's not a covered service under the hospital plan. I said, "No **, this wasn't hospital it was accident." She said, "Oh, I will have to fix this," and she did gave me a new claim # but she did say looks like we're need the surgical report. I told her it was faxed to a supervisor and that they better have it. Then she said. "Ok well it's gonna take 5 business days for them to process it."

Ok so after 5 days I called them back and asked what's the hold up. She said they are waiting for the surgical report. Really??? I said they have that report. It was faxed to a supervisor. She said, "Oh ok. I will give this to my supervisor and see if it can be expedited." (What a joke) After 5 days not hearing anything I called in again. And they said, "Oh we're waiting on the surgical report." (Oh hell no) Told her that it was faxed to a supervisor in there. So I asked if I could speak to her manager. She said she emailed him and he will call me back. Glad I didn't hold my breath because he never called. Here I am another week gone by. It's now going on a month. I been calling them every few days and still no payment. Not sure what to do or think about this company. All I get is a runaround. Very upset with Aflac. At this point they don't even deserve the 1 star I had to put to post this review.

Original review: July 9, 2018

So I've been out of work since 5/17 and had to wait the standard 2 weeks to file so I did. I waited three weeks to receive $400 because my paperwork said I could return to work on 6/7 although I sent additional paperwork stating that I'd be out until further notice because I had 2 brain aneurysms and needed surgery. They told me that I had to submit a continuation of benefits and I did and it's now post-op and they're telling me that I'm gonna have to wait until 7/19.

This is beyond ridiculous. I pay my premiums every two weeks and although I should be resting after brain surgery, I'm writing reviews and trying to get in touch with someone in corporate office because all of my utilities are about to be disconnected. The unprofessionalism and incompetence with this organization is unreal. I have always been grateful to have Aflac and now I feel like I'm being scammed. I have been off work for almost 2 months and am struggling to get by. I just had brain surgery and may need another one and the last thing that I should have to be worrying about is this. Every time you call, you get a different answer and you can never speak with a supervisor. I am DONE!!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have been paying for Aflac coverage since 1/1/18 and in April I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days. As soon as I was discharged I tried to submit my claim and all the info they spout about paying claims in 48 hrs was bogus. It truly is a scam. After being told I wasn't eligible for an online claim for quick pay, because I have a "group" policy, my nightmare began. Following their instructions to the letter, my hospital sent the 81 pages of documentation they required 3 times and was told repeatedly it was not received. Now it is July, and no payment for a simple hospital claim.

Today, I am told my hospital claim was denied because I was in an "observation" room. I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days and received may tests, procedures and medications. I am very sick woman with Lupus and kidney failure and this whole experience has been a total scam. They have jerked me around now for months, caused my eviction, all to be told they will only pay me $300 for 3 days, but not the $1000 they owe me having been admitted to the hospital. I would urge anybody considering Aflac coverage to NOT deal with them in any fashion. They are totally unethical and even if you follow their instructions, they will draw out your claim for months and then sent your claim. They don't even deserve 1 star for their pathetic excuse of Customer Service. WHAT A SCAM!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I just signed up with these people and I’m getting all type of the run around. I applied on July 2 and I’ve been told several different things on why I haven’t been paid yet. I’m very scared to give them my money. If this continues I’m almost positive I will be cancelling with them.

Resolution response: July 9, 2018

it seems as soon as i posted this Aflac approved my claim

Original review: July 5, 2018

My husband had a heart attack in July of last year and Aflac paid with no issues. In April of this year he began having chest pains again and had several tests which led to a Heart Cath and 2 new stents in June. He was out of work for 8 weeks during testing. We filed his disability claim and every few days they want something new! All the paperwork is in order and properly completed. There was no issue paying the amounts for the new tests on the specified event policy. Why can't they just pay it and get it over with?

Aflac response

Hi Lavon, I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help. our goal at Aflac is assure that customer experiences are above expectation. Thank you so much for sharing your Aflac experience.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I filed my accident claim with Aflac on 7/3/18 for a broken foot. Was surprised when I received an EOB (explanation of benefits) from Aflac on 7/4/18 with how much my claim was going to pay and that it was going to be direct deposited into my bank account. All it takes is to have ALL your needed documents when you submit your claim!

Aflac response

Hi Elizabeth, I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help. Our goal at Aflac is assure that customer experiences are above expectation. Thank you so much for sharing your Aflac experience.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I was originally very proud of the fact that I had Aflac then I'm really not sure how it got this bad, but I called my representative on the 27th and finally on the first a person with a job title District Supervisor emailed me. The next day I received an email from the same named person stating he is the owner. I don't know who he was and really don't care but Aflac isn't a small company. My claim was denied because I haven't a clue how I messed up my back. What I do know, the criteria is so word slippery that I'm done giving my money to a company that collects money happily, then puts so many conditions on getting any for a claim that quite frankly it's not worth it. Oh yeah today is fourth of July still no contact from my adjuster. Truth is I agreed with them, told them I read my policy and they don't owe me nothing on any of my policies just to be done with the word games. Then I promptly cancelled my policies.

Hello Steven,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Steven (3809032) July 4, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac policyholders must provide their name & AT LEAST 2 of the following: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your employer.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I've had Aflac for the last 4 years. I have the accidental policy and critical illness. I work out every day and drink apple cider vinegar to help loose my stomach. Well one day I was working out it felt like I pulled a muscle in my side so I didn't think nothing of it. So I continues my daily routine. The pain got worse so I went to the emergency room they did a CAT scan. And transported me by ambulance to another hospital. I had to get emergency surgery because my appendix had burst. That is considered abdominal.

I stayed in the hospital for 4 days. I got out faxed Aflac my paperwork. They denied me. I waited two weeks just to get denied. I put all my money into this insurance just to get denied. I felt like it was accidental. I'm about to get rid of this policy because it's not doing me any good. I haven't been to work in 4 weeks. I have no type of income and for them to deny me it felt like my heart burst out my chest. I will not recommend nobody to Aflac poor service. Don't know how to communicate with you either. You have to constantly call them to even hear anything.

Hello Brittney,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Brittney (3803515) July 3, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Group accident, hospital indemnity and critical illness - I originally had traditional Aflac, unfortunately, my workplace forced me to change to group in order for the paycheck deduction. I have had nothing but issues since I changed to group insurance. There is no ability to file online, no contact upon Aflac’s claim receival, and most importantly denied claims. My wife has a fractured tibia due to a failed knee replacement, I was told it is considered a sickness, because there was no exact accident (a fall, car accident, etc). My wife did nothing to cause this fracture or the failure of the replacement.

My wife has currently been out of work for 2 months, I read my policies, and can’t seem to get an answer on what any of the covered sicknesses are. Due to this, I will be canceling all 3 of my policies. The group insurance is just too difficult to deal with when nothing can be done electronically and the company can’t be bothered to make any contact except through the postal service. I am thoroughly dissatisfied, and no longer trust this company to do what they advertise.

Hello Marc,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Marc (3803386) July 2, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns

Original review: July 2, 2018

My cousin's husband has carried Aflac Cancer Policy for over 40 years and went to the emergency room because he was having a hard time swallowing. He was informed that he had cancer that had spread to several areas and was admitted. Several cancer centers were monitoring him and deciding on his treatment. He passed within two weeks. I called AFLAC for my cousin because she was emotionally distraught and found out what they needed and what it covered. We got 181 pages of everything that was done or given to him and mailed with the paperwork. Over 1 million in expenses in the two weeks with the Chemo and other drugs and treatment.

She got a check for 2800.00. She called to request they go back over the bill and they said they would. But, instead of calling her to discuss anything she got a letter a few weeks later stating that she had been paid and case was closed. They keep trying to get her to cash the check but she has not. I am shocked that a company this big would try and take advantage of a 63 year old woman by just trying to brush her off and not take care of her. Very disappointing. She has spoke to several people with the company and they keep telling her that the case is closed and are not helping her by going back over the 181 pages. I read through the paperwork and cannot believe that the policy is only covering 2800.00.

Hello Robbin,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please ask her to email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for her. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Robbin (3801811) July 2, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: June 30, 2018

My boyfriend added an Aflac accident policy to his work insurance at my suggestion, it seemed like a good idea. He was hit while on his motorcycle on May 29, and spent 6 days in the hospital with multiple rib fractures, a neck fracture, and a fractured wrist. I filed the claim on May 30 and heard nothing for three weeks. When I called to inquire I was told that the claim was denied because the chart notes the hospital faxed to Aflac did not prove the injuries were an accident. The aflac employee I spoke to was able to find the words motorcycle accident on the chart notes right away and sent the claim back for review, supposed to take 4 days, we're still waiting. What good is this policy if it's not there when you need it. They should be ashamed.

Hello Vicki,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Vicki (3798724) June 30, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

• Best for: People who have been injured, people recovering from surgery and people with a chronic condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

31999
800.992.3522
www.aflac.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business