1.57/5
  • 1 star
Based on 87 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Aflac

Aflac is the leader in voluntary insurance sales at the work site in the United States.*

Short-Term Disability**

Hospital Intensive Care**

Hospital Indemnity***

Dental***

Vision**

**Available as individual product only

***Available in both individual and group products. Benefits of group and individual products may vary.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 30, 2017

478 Aflac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

3 years paying Aflac...My only claim filed. I had to call every single day to see what other documents they needed. After a full month of calling every reason under the sun given to deny claim and me rebuking the reason and giving more information... still denied! Stop paying as of today... You will not get another penny from me! Wasted money and time. Fraud if I've ever seen it!

Aflac response
Hello Anissa, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I filed a claim almost 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on a response. The claim status is "portion of the claim being reviewed". AFLAC made several mistakes on my policy, including the effective date. I gave birth to a premature baby. My family is in dire need, after calling 3 times I am still waiting on an auditor to contact me. The company promotes quick responses... That is a FRAUD. If you are considering to purchase a policy from them... DON'T!!! You will regret it. I am considering getting my local media involved, my daughter spent 56 days in the NICU, and we are still dealing with issues from her birth and this has caused additional, and undue financial hardship on my family.

Aflac response
Hello N.L., I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Aflac's Contact Center is happy to assist you with your concerns.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I filed a claim for short term disability with Aflac last mid October 2017, they asked for several different documents but each time I submitted them they had problem with dates or some small issues. They try to delay it as much as possible. Aflac made my employer and my doctor's office crazy as whatever documents they gave they need some kind of corrections to be made. After initial documents, they requested more documents from my doctor's office, which my doctor's office provided to Aflac more than 30 pages.

Like most of reviews here my claim was denied by Aflac claiming it as a Pre-existing condition? Which is absolutely false as my doctor's office have documented that my symptoms/condition was as of September 12, 2017. The Aflac toll free number 1-800-992-3522 is a joke. Worst than third world countries. Most of the time it’s hard to get hold of them. I agree with people on this and other websites. It’s a pain and hassle to deal with Aflac as they are not a good honest insurance company. Wish I had researched before signing up with them and paying the high premiums which are of no use. You are sick, in pain and rely on the disability insurance, but what Aflac does is make you more sick, more in pain and drain you mentally and emotionally. Aflac is a BAD FAITH DISABILITY INSURANCE COMPANY - CROOKS - THIEVES.

Aflac response
Hello Manish, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I started with Aflac in 2015. I had numerous policies through my job which were being paid out of my check weekly. In the month of Nov of 2016 I went into the ER to only find out I had a mass growing within my body. Well after being sent over to orthopedic oncology and oncology at cancer institute it was said that I had a form of cancer growing. After undergoing numerous surgeries for biopsies, chemo, radiation and a massive 6hr surgery for removal of the cancer, I filed a claim once all my UB04, pathology report, dr's notes stating active cancer, cancer associated pain for the meds, the medication printout from drug store and everything requested. They denied my claim not once but three times!!!

I called numerous times to get understanding of why and each time was given the runaround, different reasons why, the main was they couldn't read what was sent in so it was scanned and sent and still nothing. I have had a good experience up until then. I've been off work for an entire year dealing with this cancer and still I cannot be covered under a policy I've been paying for. Aflac is a complete joke and as far as I'm concerned I guess my cancer isn't good enough to be paid off. I've read my policy over six times and my cancer is covered so I don't know why they denying my claim. I don't believe the people who actually process the claim are medically experienced.

Aflac response
Hello Hilory, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Every time I make a claim, I had to fight for every penny. Almost all my claims were declined and I had to go back and fight for them. It has taken several months on some of my claims. When I called to ask about them they said they had to be sent up to the medical people for review. It literally has been almost 2 months since I’ve been waiting for a claim. I will give them credit for good customer service when you call them. The representatives a very sweet and try their best to help you. Several have told me to go back in we make the claim because I had an argument. They are quick to decline, just beware.

Aflac response
Hello Sherry, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Aflac's Contact Center is happy to assist you with your concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I was out of work due to foot surgery in January of this year. Aflac paid me from January to June via my disability policy. However, when I returned back to work, I discovered that my job hadn't been paying my payments to Aflac even though they were taking the money out of my account. Aflac terminated both my policies and told me I would have to apply for reinstatement. I applied for reinstatement and was still denied due to no fault of my own. I also discovered that my job was sending them the money (quarterly) and Aflac was refunding the money back to me after terminating my policy. I am now looking for an agent that can assist me with reopening both policies as an individual because now, my union no longer has the contract with Aflac. Please help.

Aflac response
Hello Tjien, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I signed up for critical illness and accident insurance back in June 2016. I assumed all was well until this past spring when my son had an injury and I didn't know how to file a claim. Come to find out that my coverage was never active because someone somewhere didn't turn on the payroll deductions and no one from my company of Aflac told me. Aflac would not work with me to allow me to pay the year + premiums over the course of a few paychecks, they required immediate payment in order to backdate my coverage to the original enrollment date which I couldn't afford.

Fast forward a few months when my husband injures himself and needs surgery so I email my HR dept so they can pass along. Once again how disappointed and upset I am to have my coverage canceled since this is 2 claims I cannot put through now. In an email to my HR dept I see that impacted employees of the payroll issue will have Oct 1 effective date for coverage... I think that is great but come to find out they required me to enroll but sent me no correspondence or email that I needed to do anything.

So once again I am fighting with Aflac and they are refusing to provide me with the same effective date others received. So once again I will not be able to put through a claim for my husbands injury. None of this was my fault... I signed up to prevent the financial strain I am going through now if my husband couldn't work due to an injury and was blindsided to see that the coverage I thought I had was gone. Aflac says we mailed something to you... You should have known when the special enrollment period was but they never mailed me anything and are refusing to work with me at all even though I said I would pay all the back premiums to get the 10/1/17 coverage. At this point I am going to tell them where they can put their nonexistent coverage and I will be telling my sister who also pays for Aflac to cancel her membership since based off my experience and the reviews I am seeing here... This is all worthless.

Aflac response
Hello Bethany, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have had Aflac for over 5 years and I have had multiple issues with them. I've never made a complaint online - I've tried to allow Aflac to take care of it, but apparently CUSTOMER SERVICE is not a high priority. Previously, I have been told MULTIPLE TIMES that my claim could not be processed because the premiums had not been paid for the time when the claim occurred. I work for the State of Florida. Premiums are deducted from my check for the future month. Premiums are ALWAYS paid for a past occurrence. Claims have been denied for broken bone follow up visit because they were OUT OF THE TIME LIMIT. The DOCTOR ordered the followup visit to be SIX WEEKS AFTER THE INITIAL VISIT - customary time for healing a broken bone. Aflac refused to cover the followup even after an appeal showing the notes where the doctor said to come back in six weeks.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor and have always been told no. Now I am absolutely furious. I have been LIED to all of NOVEMBER and I am absolutely fed up. I submitted multiple claims on Nov 1, 21017 via email so it can be verified - an initial claim, 8 follow up claims, 2 ER visits, an eye dr visit, xrays, CT scan and MRI. All of these were dealing with a concussion. I called on the 7th and was told that the claim had not been received. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT - IT WAS SENT VIA EMAIL. Either you get ALL of the emails or you get NONE - you don't get some and not others. I explained what happened and resent it to AGENT A **, who said she resubmitted it for me. I called on the 17th to check the status and was advised that the payment had already been released.

I waited. Today is the 20th and I still don't have a payment in my account, and I am signed up for direct deposit. I called again this morning and was told that the payment was actually released on the 18th and I could expect it by Wednesday the 22nd. What kind of customer service is it to LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS? Basically, the guy I talked to last Thursday just lied to get me off the phone. He told me the payment had already been released when in reality IT HAD NOT. Thank you AFLAC. It's Thanksgiving, and because your agent lied, THERE IS NO MONEY IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT for Thanksgiving dinner. I hope you are happy.

Aflac response
Hello Marsanne, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Aflac's Contact Center is happy to assist you with your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have nothing but great things to say about Aflac. No printer, no problem. Take pics of the documents and upload them along with your claim. You typically get an answer within a day and direct deposit within 2 business days. I believe some of the issues may be misunderstandings or user errors, such as the person that submitted the wrong account number. I truly hope everyone can have their issues resolved as I know how difficult it can be to be in a monetary stressful situation along with dealing with health issues.

Aflac response

Hello Cathy, I'm so glad to hear that Aflac was able to help. Thank you for sharing your Aflac experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have had Aflac before and the experience was excellent. Claim was paid quickly and efficiently. Recently, after joining Aflac again, I see that this company has changed tremendously. I'm not happy with them at all. I have a hospital plan and I made a claim in Sept. 2017 and I still haven't gotten paid. They are not the company they once were. After this, I will not be using Aflac again. Waste of money.

Aflac response
Hello Marsha, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Aflac deposited $145 in my Netspend account on 9/20/17 and Netspend said they never got it. Aflac provided me with a trace number and account number. Nothing was send back to Aflac rejected. I have spoken to Aflac numerous times. My routing number was right but the account number I put in was wrong. Even though my account number was wrong my name was on the account. Nor Aflac or Netspend are trying to give me my money back. Aflac has never sent me a letter with the tracking info on it as of yet. I am not finish with them yet.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was working on my camper and completely wrenched something in my back. I was having a lot of pain so I went to the Dr. He ordered an MRI to make sure I didn't have a herniated disc. I submitted that to Aflac and they denied it all. I don't know how. I hurt myself accidentally and I have accident coverage. Very disappointing.

Aflac response
Hello Taylor, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I delivered my baby on 9/24/17 and I'm still waiting to get paid. I filed my claim, sent in everything they asked and they are still giving me runaround. Every time I call to check on status I'm told that they are still working on it and they need more time. More time for what?!? Clearly they were given doctors paperwork. It was under my impression we pay for these policies to help us out when health problems happen. I am counting on this compensation just like anyone else. Instead of them helping their customers during these times, they make it so hard and stressful. Really really disappointed!!!

Aflac response
Hello Esmeranda, I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.
Aflac's Contact Center is happy to assist you with your concerns. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My 59-year-old brother had a stroke on August 4. He's been in the hospital or in rehab ever since. His stroke left him with permanent loss of peripheral vision in his right eye and severe short-term and long-term memory issues. In addition, he lost use of his right hand for at least 48 hours. That all adds up to a stroke under AFLAC's definition of stroke. We received a letter from AFLAC denying the claim because all they had looked at were the hospital bills. They hadn't even looked at the medical records which would have proved his stroke diagnosis via MRI and the loss of his physical abilities for at least 48 hours following the stroke.

In addition, AFLAC has done nothing to pay him for his short-term disability, his hospital stay, his rehab, or even the ambulance that took him to the hospital. He has 6 policies with AFLAC. He has not worked since August 4 and is going bankrupt. AFLAC loves to pay for the fast easy claims -- the ones they show you on television. But when it comes to serious claims, AFLAC leaves you high and dry. My brother paid for AFLAC coverage for years, and this is how they treat him. His AFLAC sales agent (sorry, representative) has done NOTHING to help him; he did give me the 1-800 number to file a claim.

AND THEY WON'T DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH ME because they "lost" or "misplaced" the authorization my brother signed to allow me to talk to AFLAC on his behalf. Don't go with AFLAC. They charge a lot and pay out very slowly, if at all. Better to put your money in a 0% interest savings account or in your mattress. You won't get paid by AFLAC. It is a scam.

Hello Pamela,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Became sick in July. Got hold of Aflac where I have short term disability. Have had to fight for every penny. Bedridden in the hospital, cannot drive, have no way of printing forms. Finally got everything done with them the first time now they are telling me I have to apply for my final 30 days of coverage which means getting a copy to my employer, getting a copy to my doctor and me getting a copy once again. Sent by email. Have no access to printer. Why is it I pay monthly for this and have for several years for them to just give me a runaround? Very disappointed. Not a good way to do business. Nothing was explained to me when I signed up for this. Will not renew.

Hello Peggy,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I’ve been dealing with a hospital/surgery claims process for 9 months! Starting 02/2017 here it is 11/2017. I’ve had the hospital records dept and doctor's office send fax after fax, 10 plus phone calls with response being "we haven’t received anything”, recently hard copies too and the same response only. Now I’m told my husband's name has to be on the patient records... I’m the PATIENT covered under my husband's policy! I made a claim for a regular doctor visit and it was fine without him being the “patient”. I know we could use the money we are spending for this insurance somewhere else.

Hello Robin,

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I had surgery 1 month ago and have yet to receive anything payment wise from AFLAC. I paid my weekly payments to them as required. I filled out all the proper paperwork for the short term disability and turned it over to AFLAC. I have contacted my agents who sold the policy. And as of today there has been no response from AFLAC or the agents...

Hello Richard,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac employee here to help. Aflac's Contact Center can look into this. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com. If you are an Aflac policyholder, please provide your name & AT LEAST 2 of the following: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your employer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I can say all my experience with Aflac has been great. It takes time especially when you have to get paperwork but I was on bedrest and 25 weeks pregnant. Now 28 weeks still on bedrest but I used my policy and they paid for every day I don’t work in 2 month inquires. It’s now Oct but I’m due in Jan but have a short cervix so best wishes. It took them 2 weeks to process and get paid 2 days direct deposit.

Aflac response

Hello Litasha, Aflac is here to help make sure you can keep the lifestyle love. I'm so glad to hear that Aflac has given you peace of mind. Thank you for sharing your Aflac experience.

Resolution response: Dec. 3, 2017

thank you the problem has been righted and I appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Aflac comes every year to our school for sign ups. I was waiting in line and insurance lady was trying to move line along. I assume as she was having people sign paper and take book what you was interested in, my mistake I signed paper and never called her back. As I read the bad reviews and decided against AFLAC I called my school to also tell them I did not want Aflac insurance, long story short woman that said, "Sign. I am an honest person and would never turn this in without you calling me" is very dishonest. Turned in my name as wanting insurance and discovered this when I was paid today!!!

Called insurance lady to ask why she did this and she said, "I must have said what I said." She said, "But well she just doesn't remember it and I cannot get my money back from Aflac", told her, "Well they are going to get my money’s worth" is bad reviews, for this dishonesty and this was one of the reasons I decided I did not want their insurance but of course I am the first person that ever have complained. Paper turned in at my school is a waiver. Nowhere is my signature on paper.

Hello p.h.,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your concerns, and for updating your review.
Sincerely,

Aflac Phyllis

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I delivered my son via c section. After long hospital stay got home and tried to file claim online with Aflac. It would not let me file online and instead I called and was emailed 3 forms to fill out. I faxed them in with no response for nearly a week so I called the rep on my account. He advised I should resend the forms to him for processing. A couple days later he said he needed verification of my income again. Then a week later I was finally paid. I looked at the dates and realized I was only paid 6 weeks so I again contacted the rep who stated due to the 7 day elimination they paid 5 for vaginal and 7 for section. I again pointed out I only received 6 weeks for my section not 7.

I got a very short email response again stating there is a 7-day non-coverage. I emailed back with no response. I then called the Aflac customer service line for claims. The woman looked up my info and said indeed Aflac shorted me one week pay as I should have received 7 weeks for a c section. She said she would forward my info to the auditor so they could pay. A week later and it is still not addressed. My son is now a month old and I'm still dealing with this. Not to mention my company got new disability coverage that is $30 less a month, paid out the first week, and paid more of my salary. I'm disgusted with Aflacs lack of service and inability to properly serve the paying customer when they are in need.

Hello Ruth,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac employee here to help. Aflac's Contact Center can look into your situation. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Ruth (2971480) November 1, 2017, consumeraffairs.com post, please then explain your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

In June 2017 I pulled a muscle 3 times in one month. So I decided to finally go to the ER for them to tell me to go to my original doctor in 3 days. So I did and was out of work for a month. So of course I went and faxed what I was suppose to... waited a month with nothing. Went back to work and got with my human resource person and she emailed. And then we called again... and they said, "Oh we ain't received anything." So back again now in October faxing the paperwork again. And this time they tell me that I need a clinical report... What the heck? This backwoods hospital here hasn't even heard of such. So I say the heck with it and go to the ER to get my medical records 51 pages... just to say I had a pulled muscle. And now I'm still waiting.

To me if I'm paying you and I've done my part. It's time for you to just pay me what you owe me. I see the commercials and they say one day pay. Yeah right. This has been nothing but a headache and a half. So I've decided at the first of the year I'm dropping them. It's BS to take from someone and then do what they're suppose to and have this much aggravation.

Hi Dana,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac employee here to help. Aflac's Contact Center can look into your situation. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Dana(2924904) Oct 22. 2017, consumeraffairs.com post, please then explain your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

So I've always had migraines. But they got really bad in October 2016 due to my mother in law being on her deathbed. October I went to the ER who referred me to a pain management doctor who I've been seeing since November 2016 who has been injecting nerve blocks in my neck to prevent the migraines due to a bulging disc that is in my neck discovered from a MRI that was taken of my neck. I was only getting temporary relief (one day) from the nerve block. So I read about the daith piercing and went and got it after that my migraines were relieved. Hadn't had a migraine since February. Went to my eye doctor 8/16 who discovered that I have pseudotumor cerebri and papilledema. I told my pain management doctor and he referred me to a Neurologist who I started seeing 9/19. He sent me in to get a Lumbar puncture on 9/20 & my neck, shoulder and head pain is back who's is to be expected from a LP procedure.

I've been in the ER 9/21, 9/24 And 9/26 I've have a MRI along with another Lumbar puncture performed on 10/10 and MRV performed on 9/28. Because I submitted info from my pain management doctor I got denied for my claim. Being that I was never dx by my pain management doctor for the condition I'm filing my claim for should I not get paid? The pseudotumor cerebri and lumbar puncture is the outcome of my head shoulder and neck issues. The bulging disc is also causing the same issues but there is a difference in the pain from the 2. The pain is more severe and cannot be treated with injections with the lumbar puncture and pseudotumor because there is pressure on the brain. I'm a little upset with Aflac right now. Due to these Lumbar punctures/ pseudotumor I have been out of work as of 9/20 until now. I've always been able to work with the bulging disc pain. Is that right of them to deny me?

LACREASIA,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac employee here to help. Aflac's Contact Center can look into your situation. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: LACREASIA (2924904) Oct 13. 2017, consumeraffairs.com post, please then explain your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've been paying them for 10 years before submitting a claim. I tried submitting a claim online but got stuck in the middle because of an application bug and there was no way to continue; Faxed my claims - got no response. Sent a message to Customer Service online - no record of it at all and of course no response.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

So I filed a claim for my 4 day hospital stay and submitted documentation that clearly has all the information needed to process my claim, however when I call to check on my claim I am told to give them 14 days as they need additional info. The Aflac rep would not tell me what's needed so that I could get the required documentation or further paperwork needed.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I don't know where to start. I will never get coverage with this company again and would recommend others not to either. After all the run around I went through and with this company no one wanted to help me. The sales rep from their company told me false information so that she can get me to sign up with them. I signed up with them and they didn't approve my claim. After I had already discussed with my rep my plans and that's why I wanted to sign up.

Basically I was trying to get pregnant and I told my rep will I be covered and she said yes. She did not mention any time period I had to be covered for in order for them to approve me. So basically they kept my money and didn't help me at all. If I would have known any of this I would have never signed up. I would not recommend this company to anyone. No one there knows what they're talking about and don't want to help you at all. I am now stuck at home with no pay for maternity leave and I paid them monthly for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I had a heart bypass on 12-2016 and filed to claim for insurance benefits. They gave me a runaround for 3 months each time I had to send in a different form. They do not just take your doctor's and your word for it that you cannot work. I had to have my wife send in the forms being I was not thinking clearly and could not move around. AFLAC DOES NOT HAVE AN EMAIL THAT YOU CAN SEND THE FORMS TO. YOU MUST FAX THEM, AND THEY USUALLY ALWAYS CLAIM THEY DID NOT RECEIVE THEM. AFLAC YOU ARE SICK!!! While you are out sick you must keep up your policy to continue getting paid. If you get paid at all. I had to get the local rep involved to even start getting paid. If you are an individual and do not have it thru where you work.

I doubt that you would get paid at all. I paid each month using my credit card until my benefits ran out which was my benefits minus about $800 dollars or more that I had to keep up the insurance policy to get paid. After my benefits ran out and I was told by Aflac that I would no longer be able to collect any more benefits ever for the same sickness. I stopped paying with my credit card. Good Old Aflac charge my credit card again without my permission and said I gave them permission to auto charge my card. Which was a flat out lie. If I have no job and not money why would I give someone permission to charge my card I cannot pay. They refuse to give me my money back. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I've had Aflac since 2023. I have 3 children and of course they get sick and are in and out of the ER/Hospital/Doctors office and Aflac is absolutely awesome. I see a lot of bad complaints like someone said here before. Make sure to fill out forms correctly and read your policy on as many times so that you have a good understanding of it. This year I myself had to use it due to a accident with my knee and not being able to work they definitely paid me for what was my part and being off from work help me while I was home and not being paid by my employer. Like I said make sure to read the black lines and understand your policy. There are waiting periods and so on. Thanks to Aflac and if there's anything they don't pay for or miss out I just have to call them and they are super helpful and quick.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This is early and this is still on going but I would like to share our experience thus far. My husband has AFLAC STD and has been paying $62.50 monthly for over 5 years. We tried to file claims several times in the past few years and were told, that's not covered, etc. This time it was an accident and definitely should be covered. Let's just say we are 3 weeks in and still have no claim and no one there seems to have a clue what they're doing and just pass the responsibility back and forth amongst them. So very disappointed to say the least. I venture to say we will be cancelling this benefit once my husband returns to work.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

After paying Aflac thru work 100's after 100's of dollars for Accident and short term disability. It wasn't worth the paper it was written on. After being off work 5 weeks due to surgery I received a letter saying they will not pay benefits. Their word, please don't ever sign up for AFLAC. Save your money yourself and don't trust Steve **, he will tell you anything you want to hear to sell you a policy, 50 dollars every 2 weeks flushed down the toilet due to them telling you anything to sell you a policy.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Upon submitting hospital claim I was in the hospital from May 27 then admitted through the emergency room. Had a heart cath on May 30. I spent 4 nights in the hospital. Aflac needs to pay me for one is my status on my ub04 form says I was on the observation for 3 days. I am so sick of companies trying to get out of their responsibilities. Aflac to step up and pay up.

Aflac expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

• Best for: People who have been injured, people recovering from surgery and people with a chronic condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky