1.46/5
Based on 113 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Aflac

Aflac is the leader in voluntary insurance sales at the work site in the United States.*

Short-Term Disability**

Hospital Intensive Care**

Hospital Indemnity***

Dental***

Vision**

**Available as individual product only

***Available in both individual and group products. Benefits of group and individual products may vary.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

522 Aflac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I signed with Aflac the accident policy as well as disability policy. The accident policy I had no problems with. However the short term I've literally called everyday since filing and have gotten the runaround. Now they claim they have it in supervisor review. Apparently the representative who signed me up put a different salary than the one I submitted with paystubs. I have spoke to different representatives as well as supervisor have been told my claim has been expedite as well as it takes fourteen business days. Now it's the past the fourteen business days and now I have another notice in the mail stating they need an additional fourteen days. My short term disability claim that I filed started December 24 Christmas Eve 2017. It's now February and still I haven't been paid anything in regards to my short term disability. I am very disappointed with Aflac. Should I seek an attorney?

Hello Champaynne,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Champaynne (3343669) February 18, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac policyholders must provide their name & AT LEAST 2 of the following: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your employer.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

An Aflac rep came around to my job in 2010. My job already offered disability and my husband and I already have plenty of life insurance. So I took the accident and cancer policies for my husband and myself. For the next 7 years our family experienced a few trips to the hospital. My husband was in the ER for accidentally taking too much allergy pills. He also strained his back working which he still visits a chiro for monthly. I had a partial hysterectomy and later a breast reduction. AFLAC didn't help with any of these because nothing was related to an accident or cancer. I accepted that without complaint for 7 years. But now in 2018... I have had an accident... Very minor thankfully. Nasty fall roller skating. I went to the ER had an X-ray on my back and knees. Aflac paid $170 for the ER visit and $30 for ONE X-ray. THAT'S IT!

I had to follow up with my MD and AFLAC paid $35 for that. My MD ordered an Xray on my tailbone. That was denied due to only one X-ray is paid PER ACCIDENT. So I missed work for 2 days, only could do half days for several days after that. The entire ER visit went to my deductible. So this was an expensive night of roller skating all I got from AFLAC was $235!!! My tailbone X-ray showed a shaft width displacement which seems to be a previous situation that was worsened by the fall so I MAY get an extra $250 for coccyx dislocation. But that's not looking promising... It has already been denied twice. I think my MD now has to get involved to get it. My knee may need PT which AFLAC will pay $35 for 10 visits. But as a whole, I'm getting very little in return. Very disappointed and not worth the $35 per month I have paid for 8 years now!

Hello Azalea,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Azalea (3341599) February 17, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

STAY AWAY!!! Terrible company and experience! New mother placed on partial disability before my delivery. Numerous communications with customer service as well as the rep that sold me on this rip off. 2 months later and fax after fax, email after email and they still claim they don't have the necessary information needed. I, however, have copies of all information requested and if someone would do their job and review my paperwork they would see that all the required documents have been received. I am being given the runaround and in the meantime robbed month after month that this "service" refuses to provide.

Hello MJ,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: MJ (3334741) February 15, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I am very disappointed with Aflac because I had faxed a claim to Aflac in Columbus Ga. last Monday and I called today to check the status on my claim. I was told my claim was pending on a physician statement. I have stage 4 colon cancer. I take injected chemotherapy that is an office visit treatment not a hospital overnight stay. They won't give you treatments if you're in the hospital overnight. My name is William ** and the person that reviewed my claim made a big mistake on my cancer claim and I am not happy at all with that auditor. If they had of reviewed my claim carefully I had got treatment at the doctor's office that day and then I went home I didn't stay in the hospital. I would like my claim paid to me by Friday. I don't need a physician statement. I've gotten paid several times before without one. l feel that is a serious matter because my bills are due and I need to get medication too. I have been waiting 11 days now.

Hello William,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: William (3333109) February 15, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My husband was injured September 4 2017, put on short term disability for near a month AFLAC pd. Injury got worse, Dr. referred to surgeon & surgery was performed on Jan. 11 2018. Husband still on disability but AFLAC has refused to pay this time and we've sent numerous documents from the doctors stating this surgery was necessary due to initial injury on Sept 4, 2017, filled out continuing disability, sent operative report, rebuttal from physicians etc. and AFLAC is still just sitting on it.

Meanwhile my husband has been out of work since Jan 11, 2018 due to the surgery, we have no money and boy AFLAC never has a problem taking their insurance premium from his check bi-weekly. This is ridiculous. I get a song and dance each time I call to find out if they're paying or not. This is ridiculous. The injury, surgery everything has been substantiated by physicians and AFLAC has just put us on the back burner. Meanwhile we can barely buy groceries, thanks AFLAC.

Hello Ana
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you and your husband. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Ana (3326011) February 14 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Much the same complaints as hundreds of others. Filed a claim for hospitalization coverage on 9/26/17. Aflac, did nothing but put up roadblocks so as not to pay out. Was promised by representative that if I needed any help in processing a claim contact him directly. That was a joke, he gave every excuse in the book and blamed the hospital for not providing the information Aflac needed. Meanwhile hospital medical records is telling me Aflac never contacted them, It was a complete run around for 5 MONTHS. Every time they said they got what they needed, they came out with another form they wanted filled out by various doctors. It took an e-mail to my rep with a copy and pasted complaint from the BBB almost exactly like mine to forward the claim to his Supervisor who then called me and asked if this was not a pre-existing condition. They couldn't call me back in October and ask this in order to cover the claim?

Anyway, word to the wise, I requested a cancellation form to get rid of this useless product and now they are saying I might not be able to cancel until open enrollment due to pre-tax rules. This is ridiculous, based on their horrible performance and NOT providing the service they promised in a timely manner, I should have the right to cancel this policy immediately. I am paying for a product they do not provide. DON'T EVER SIGN UP FOR THIS SCAM.

Hello Lori,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Lori (3324784) February 13, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I received a second notice for premiums due. I never received the 1st notice and on this letter it states that if the premium is not paid by February 15, 2018 the policy would be cancelled. I called to make a payment on the policy and was informed that it was terminated in December 2017. The representative that I spoke with kept telling me that I can have my policies reinstated but had to send in a lower payment amount than what was on the statement. I requested to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor got on the phone and was VERY RUDE. Stated that my policies terminated and I needed to send in copies of the statements I have along with the payments to have them reinstated. Now today in the mail I received a packet stating that I cannot have my Hospital Indemnity plan reinstated. Then why did the Rep and Supervisor tell me that I could and to send in the premiums?

It is so hard to get a hold of anyone at AFLAC that is willing to help with this problem. I lost my job and finally found a new one that offered this type of coverage thru another company and I turned it down because I had AFLAC. Really wishing I would have taken the other coverage because so far I feel that AFLAC has let the customer down. My husband was hospitalized recently and now I have to figure out if we had coverage or not.

Hello Melissa,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Melilssa (3323146) February 13, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I've been paying for a disability policy through Aflac for more than three years. I'm now experiencing the same as so many others, requiring additional paperwork, little to no communication from Aflac unless I call myself and an agent who evidently did her job which I guess was simply getting people to sign up and little to no communication unless I contact her first. Not getting any answers other than the common answer... under review. I haven't been able to work since the end of Dec. 2017 due to a broken shoulder and then surgery. I am a hairstylist and need my shoulder to do my job. Premium time rolls around next week, I'll continue to pay this until my claim has been paid and is in my bank account. I will be dropping Aflac like a hot rock after all of this.

Hello Mary,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Mary (3322270) February 12, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I signed up for the accident insurance. Aflac sales guy gave me the run around assuring you get hurt, upload doctor visits, diagnosis etc. you get paid. No questions asked. It's going on three weeks now this whole upload and get paid the next day is bull. I need more paperwork is the answer I keep getting. I talked to two different people and even one of the reps got rude because of my attitude for being legitimately upset, lied to etc. Well I can't give these clowns any more paperwork because I gave them it already. Two partial torn ligaments and a talar fracture in my left ankle. MRI Doctors visits etc. It's a total sham. I am about to cancel this. They can take your money but yet don't want to pay out.

Hello John
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: John (3313954) February 9, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My fiancé has had Aflac for years now. His original plan was for collision. Soon after getting a new job he changed his plan with Aflac to short and long term disability due to his line of work. They took forever to process the change and in that amount of time my fiancé got hurt on the job. He filled out all the paperwork and sent it to Aflac but they said they can’t accept it because the injury happened before his policy had “officially” changed. They are just being cheap and would rather steal consumers' money than offer them help. I honestly think and have always thought that Aflac is just a huge scam. They charge you ridiculous amounts of money and argue with you when you actually need them. Save your money because you are paying for nothing if you decide to sign a contract with them. They may help you with little bits here and there, but in the long term they are making MUCH more money off of you.

Hello Rachel
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for your fiance. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Rachel (3312112) February 14 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your situation.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I recently sprained my ankle. Fortunately it was not serious, but I wanted to make sure. I went to urgent care on Friday night since I was in pain and could not walk on it. The Dr. took a x-ray and prescribed me crutches. I filed my claim with Aflac on Tuesday afternoon and I received close to $300 on Wednesday in my checking account. I was so impressed with how simple the claim process is and how quickly I was paid. I totally recommend everybody to have Aflac.

HI Maya,

Thank you for sharing your Aflac experience Cheri, when it comes to paying claims, no one flies faster!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have a cancer policy with Aflac, and my wife was diagnosed with cancer shortly after I picked up this policy. I have uploaded countless documents and given the runaround for a month and a half. I can only talk to a call center representative about my claim. I get a different story every time I call them. I call them twice a day. This morning they closed my claim out, and my family and I are facing eviction on top of my wife having a terminal illness.

When I asked to speak to an auditor about my claim they said, "They have no process for that." I don't know what is so difficult to understand. She was diagnosed with cancer, she has cancer, she's being treated for cancer. I have to care for her right now, not be on the phone with Aflac begging for money. It is ridiculous and I am under so much more stress because of this than I need to be. It has caused me to become immune suppressed so I cant even take care of her right now due to my own illness. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Hello Heather,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Heather (3292189) February 2, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have 4 different policies with Aflac, one is short term disability. I became sick around 12/8/17, off work till 12/26/17. Went out again from work 12/29/17. Been waiting for check, no income at all or food, they say check sent out. They said nothing in account, checks deposited in someone else's acct, say it my fault. Nothing adding up, I have same account as always, no food, can't pay no bills, begging for food. I want all my money back that I have paid into Aflac abt 120.00 bi- wkly for over 3 yrs. Then they say they gonna do a trace and when they get the trace number they will call me and give me the numbers and I should go to the bank and try to get my money. Also go on Aflac direct deposit and change my account information. Well no. I won't. I looked at it and it is correct, they screwed up and want me to take the blame, No way but I am still sitting here with no money, no food, no gas in car and I am still suffering.

Hello Rhonda,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Rhonda (3284305) February 1, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have found this company to now pay out as expected. I have paid over $50.00 per month for several years with Aflac just in case I ever had a need for Short Term Disability. Luckily, my company offers LTD. I had a very basic policy with Aflac of $1000.00 per month. I had foot surgery on Dec 28 and with a job that keeps me on my feet for up to 14 hours per day, I am expected to be out of work till April 01. As of today's date, I've received a total of $666.00... not the $1000.00 which is promised in the policy.

According to Aflac... something that I had no idea of... my company negotiated a 30 day waiting period after my disability for first payout. WHAT? WHY? So, I begrudgingly accept that. Then my physician makes a mistake on the initial paperwork, my physician states return to work in Feb or Mar. Instead of calling my physician to confirm an actual date of possible return to work, the claims adjuster decided that Feb 15 would be his date of my return to work... not my physicians but the claim's adjusters (no medical training). So they paid me for 20 days only... not the full 30 days.

I contacted Aflac and found out the error in the paperwork. I then contacted my physician to complete the paperwork with an actual return to work date. He resent the paperwork stating April 01. Then Aflac stated a few days later (after I called) that they now need the company to send in paperwork with a concurrence on return to work date of April 01. Then Aflac stated a few days later (after I called to confirm that everything was good) that I needed to complete my section of the documentation showing a concurrence of return to work on April 01. Each time you complete these sections, it delays your payout even further. This is why the company prefer you don't call but that you wait for their "snail mail" which is the only way that they contact their customers (no phone calls, e-mails, text messages, etc). They look for every way possible to delay the possibility of paying out to their customers.

I now called today, and they told me the claims agent would look at my claim again on Feb 16 and decide how much more to pay me at that time. What does this mean? If I'm scheduled off till April 01, wouldn't it make sense that you would pay me $1000.00 as the policy is required? So, again, disability begins on Dec 28 and as of today's date January 30, only $666 was paid. This seems ridiculous. I have cancelled out my Aflac policy effective with the end of this claim. I will never buy insurance thru this company again. It is a scam in my mind.

Believe me if this were themselves or their family members, they would pay out these claims much, much faster than they currently do. I will also be writing to the Attorney General's office in Georgia where they are based to let them know about these problems as well. Someone needs to change this unfair company. This should not be allowed.

Hello Mark,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Mark (3279172) January 31, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had surgery in December 2017 and every time I ask AFLAC about it they require more and more paperwork. Why didn't they ask for all this paperwork at once. It seems like Aflac does everything they can to NOT pay a claim. I am fed up with jumping through hoops for them. I have already started the process of cancelling my policies. Worst company ever!!!

Hello Theresa,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Theresa (3278191) January 30, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have had Aflac for about three years, but was told by my agent I was missing out on getting paid for test and hospital trips. So I finally filled a claim after being in hospital and getting diagnosed with COPD. My bill was almost $27,000. I had several test run. Aflac will not pay for anything. I have paid them thousands of very hard earned bucks for nothing. When I talked to my agent's "assistant " I didn't even get sympathy.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have finally sat down to submit for reimbursement on my Aflac policies. Aflac is extremely quick in issuing payments. For some claims, they added on benefits I did not know I was entitled to. Very happy with coverage and payments.

Hello Karen,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee. Our promise to policyholders is to process and pay, not deny and delay.

Thank you so much for sharing your Aflac experience!

Customer increased Rating by 2 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have had AFLAC policies for around 15 years. For the last nine years, on and off, I have used my short-term disability for a carpal tunnel claim and I had never had any problems collecting the benefits. I have just recently needed to take off due to the carpal tunnel again and for some reason AFLAC has been giving me the hardest time. Initially, they denied my claim saying that it was work-related. It's always been work related, however carpal tunnel is a degenerative disease and therefore payable and has been paid in the past. The next denial was because the carpal tunnel wasn't listed first on the diagnosis, as I also have a neck strain. I have sent over the physicians statement and a medical report listing everything AFLAC stated that it needed and were almost a month in and still I keep getting the runaround. What gives? Also, I have noticed that the quality of customer service has diminished over the years and the wait times have been ridiculous.

Hello Mikki,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help. I'm so happy to see that your situation ended up on a positive note. If you still have concerns, please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include your consumer affairs reference number (3257062).

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I filed a disability claim, along with all the paperwork required by Aflac, except the Physician's Statement. The hospital I went to, will not fill out the Physician's Statement paperwork. They told me that all their records and doctor statements are electronically signed by the doctors, and refused to even accept the Aflac Physician's Statement paperwork. I have contacted Aflac 6 times, and each time they just sent me a refusal form letter and another Physician Statement form. Aflac has enough evidence to prove I was indeed disabled for a short period of time, and returned to work within a couple weeks. I even sent in an Aflac form so they could obtain all of my medical records. My employer filled out the Employer Statement form indicating the days I missed work, but they still refuse to help me. So basically, I was sold a policy that was impossible to collect on.

Hello John,

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I paid for the complete package, they took the payments from my check with no issues. When I was sick or injured they never paid a claim. I spoke to a rep that wanted all of my medical information from doctors, hospitals, etc. I spent a lot of time gathering all of this for them. After a year had gone by with constant phone calls to AFLAC by me, since giving the AFLAC rep my records they stated they could not do anything with it, they stated the person handling this was no longer employed there and no one else could look into it.

Hello Harley,

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had surgery on 10/13/2017. 2 weeks later my agent stopped by the office and told me that he would help me refile claim due to it being denied the first time requesting for info that I had already submitted online. He had me sign a medical release, I checked back with him 2 weeks later and he assured me he would take care of it and to allow up to 30 days. I allowed 35, I have all the emails where I have tried to follow up and nothing. When I called Aflac they told me my agent hasn't submitted anything as of yet. The last email I sent him was on 1/15/18 and his response "I have been trying to call you today" but yet no missed calls or VM.

I provided him my number again and he told me he would call me next day. Still no call, response, follow up, email or text. But he was quick to sale me another policy. I only have Aflac because my employer pays for it or I would cancel that policy as well. I'm voicing my option to social media, my human resources/benefits dept and co workers to not waste time and money.

Hello Sarah,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've file a claim two months ago for me and my husband and the claim has disappeared off the Aflac claim. I don't understand we was in a car accident and nothing. I don't understand. It's suppose to be helpful.

Hello Wanda,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have the accident policy and I have made about 3 claims so far and all of them have been approved by 12 am the same day as long as I get the needed documentation in by 3 pm EST. I have never had an issue. All I do is scan and upload my hospital discharge paperwork and I have the money in my account by 4 pm PST the next business day. I have never had to call and speak with a representative. They are really on top of their stuff. I would highly recommend AFLAC.

Hello Jessica,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac employee.

Thank you so much for sharing your Aflac experience!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I had a doc appointment with an orthopedic doctor in November. I was required by my health insurance carrier that I need to get a nerve induction test done before they will approve carpal tunnel surgery. I had the test done around November 15th. I was instructed too that I need the surgery by the orthopedic doctor, who would do the surgery December 6th. I had the surgery done. My health insurance paid for it. I also signed up for family medical and S&A insurance from my employer. Had no issues with them, received my S&A insurance check this week.

I submitted all necessary paperwork to Aflac, or so I thought. Every time I send in a report, clinical notes, or whatever they ask me for, I sent it. Every time I send something, they need something else. This time, they wanted a letter from the doctor, who is an orthopedic doctor and orthopedic surgeon, stating that they needed to know who the referring doctor was. Well, it was the same doctor that did the surgery, and Aflac keeps saying that another doctor was suppose to refer me. That really doesn’t make a bit of sense to me. It’s something every time. I informed them that if I do not receive a check by January 20th, my lawyer will be in contact the 21st. If you are having trouble with them also, send me an email. Maybe we can get a class action suit against them.

Hello Kirt,

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I went to have weight loss surgery. I spoke with 5 different representatives before and after the surgery. I was told by the Aflac representatives that if I had a letter of medical necessity my claims which includes hospital stay, the surgery itself and follow up visits would be approved. Well, they lied. My issues has not been resolved and I'm filling out a complaint and I'm also considering dropping Aflac insurance. I'm paying for it. What's the purpose of having it if I can't use it.

Hello Gabrielle,

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

When my wife signed up for Aflac over a year ago, we wanted to be able to get disability for maternity leave. After a year of IUI and IVF procedures, she is finally pregnant. When my wife contacted her Aflac rep to advise she was pregnant and what the next steps were, she stated she had filled out the accidental form and not the disability form. My wife sat down with the Aflac rep from her school, even had a heart to heart with her explaining how we wanted to start a family and what she needed to do for maternity leave. The Aflac rep even texted her stating she thought she wanted the disability and wondered why she filled out the other form.

Why wouldn't the Aflac rep contact her, knowing the situation we are in and advise her or correct the mistake??? We signed up for Aflac for the benefits of this and are extremely disappointed with the way this was handled. Now we are told it is pre-existing and will not be able to receive the benefits of the maternity leave through Aflac. We are DEVASTATED, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NEVER USE AFLAC AGAIN!

Hello Kristin,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.

Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you and your wife.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I work for the City Police Department and an Aflac representative came to my job. I asked questions what is covered and do I need to use my sick leave. The representative assures me everything was covered and I do not have to use my sick time. However, I had surgery December 18, 2017. My doctor filled out his portion and then. My employer. I've been out of work for 27 days and is scheduled to return to work January 13th. I made numerous calls to Aflac about the status of my claim and also spoke to a supervisor Irene **. They dragged their feet to review and process my claim then tried to tell me it was pre-existing issues and my visit to my doctor was prior to my claim being effective. Irene then went on to say I needed a doctor's note stating my procedure was not discussed prior to the effective date. I forwarded my doctor's note to my account rep.

Aflac told me my claim will be deposited in my account once they receive the document. During this time I have no money to pay my car note or other bills and Verizon is threatening to shut off my phone because of the promise to pay arrangements. Aflac had already denied my claim and posted online they sent a letter. Money is taken. Out of my account through payroll deductions. I'm so tired and aggravated after being on hold for 45 minutes each day. It seems like Aflac is known for denying every claim. My body and the incisions that I have I'm not ready to go back to work. Financially I need to return because I'm a single mother. Early this morning I made phone calls at 8:15am to Aflac. I have already spoken to my attorney about Aflac that they are notorious for denying claims.

Hello Jeronette,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Jeronette (3220975) January 15, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I was diagnosed in May 2017. Had double mastectomy and tissue expanders placed. 7 weeks later had hysterectomy open complete. 7 weeks after that returned to work full time half dying. Worked for 3 months and couldn't stand the pain from the expanders anymore so Dec 15 of this year had tissue expanders out and implants put in.

My Aflac representative was aware of my claim prior to my surgery. She never stated that there was a 180 day wait before collecting short term disability again. I was back 90 days. I am being denied because it is not 180 days and because it is because of my cancer. It is bad enough to get cancer but when you have to fight for a policy that you pay and you get mean people who are heartless and I have their names on the phone it is even worse. I have already called 7 on my side and will contact anyone else who will listen. I also am contacting a lawyer. My mortgage is now late and I have a total of 6 children. Thanks for not being the company you claim to be. It is all a fraud. Do not take a policy from them.

Hello Sandra,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Sandra (3216397) January 14, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have now been off work and with no income for 3 weeks following the birth of a child. I filed all my short term disability forms with Aflac in a timely manner. However, they continue to drag their feet processing my claim. They state they are "behind processing claims" due to the holidays. While they are taking their time processing claims I am left sitting at home with 4 children as the sole breadwinner and no way to buy food, formula, diapers, pay bills, etc. until they process my claim. I have spoken to them over the phone about this and they don't care. They keep moving the "estimated" date They will have my claim reviewed by when I call them. I guess we will just have the utilities shut off and starve this month. Thanks Aflac!!!

Hello Amy,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Amy (3212698) January 13, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have had AFLAC for over 2 years. I get hurt at work. My agent says, "No problem. You have short term disability. After 90 day it will kick in and you should receive no less than $ 2800.00." I was happy as hell because workers comp really does not pay. I received a check today from AFLAC and it's for $ 145.00. Call my agent up and he "says well at least you got something" so I told him where he and Aflac can both go. STAY AWAY FROM AFLAC.

Hello Stan,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, Aflac employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can look into this for you. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Stan (3210718) January 12, 2018 consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

• Best for: People who have been injured, people recovering from surgery and people with a chronic condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

www.aflac.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use