1.41/5

Aflac

Aflac is the leader in voluntary insurance sales at the work site in the United States.*

Short-Term Disability**

Hospital Intensive Care**

Hospital Indemnity***

Dental***

Vision**

**Available as individual product only

***Available in both individual and group products. Benefits of group and individual products may vary.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

783 Aflac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have 5 kids and my kids are in sports and after school activities. They have been in some accidents and I have made claim with Aflac and it's been a hard time getting my claim approve and it's been going on for almost a year now.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My husband purchased Aflac from a client at his shop, he soon learned he was uneducated in what he is selling. He was told many things that was untrue as far as coverage and claims. A few months after obtaining I went into hospital followed by physical therapy. He was told we would get $300.00 a day for hospital and so much more for physical therapy. Three times I was denied. Soon after that my husband had surgery as well and of course every excuse in the book once again on why they deny the coverage. I will be contacting my attorney and the BBB.

They scam so many people out of hard earned money. I am now out $1,200.00 for their monthly fees after being told by their rep. that without a shadow of doubt our future planned surgeries would be covered. I am currently not working due to total hip replacement so my poor husband is working hard to pay the bills. I think Aflac has become the biggest SCAM EVER!!! So keep your money people. DON'T fall for the 1 Day claim payout!

Hi Angela,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Angela (4562203) January 17, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.
Aflac policyholders should provide their name & AT LEAST 2 of the following: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your employer.

Aflac Phyllis

Get expert buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Three times I have had to call and ask why my claim has been denied only to be told they didn’t understand the documents submitted and they would have to resubmit for review. It appears to be a game of, "If we deny it maybe the customer won’t understand the coverage and accept not being paid." Surgery documents submitted but had to call to say surgery was performed. Prescriptions submitted but not paid for prescriptions. Every item had to be followed up in twice.

Hi Elizabeth ,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Elizabeth (4558063) January 16, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I submitted a claim, only for it to be denied because it was “diagnosed within 30 days of the policy effective date”. The effective date was 09/27, I was hospitalized on 10/29. Now I have to wait for over an hour and a half because someone at Aflac can’t do basic math. Every call is an absolute nightmare as the wait time is NEVER less than an hour. How this company gets away with this and stays in business is beyond me.

Hi Austin,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Austin (4551109) January 14, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had AFLAC coverage in 2018. I wanted to increase my coverage amount. But I was planning to schedule surgery in late Dec 2018 or Jan 2019. I called AFLAC several times to confirm that if I go out on disability late Dec, would the days I am on disability in 2019 be paid out at the 2019 rates, and the 4 days in Dec paid at the 2018 rates. I was told YES, the 4 days in Dec will be paid at 2018 rates and says in 2019, will be paid at 2019 rates. So I scheduled my surgery for Dec 13. So with the 14 day wait, I would get 4 days in Dec pay rates and 32 days in Jan at 2019 rates. Well after my surgery and just now I am told WRONG. The entire disability period in 2019 will be paid at 2018 rates.

Hi Michael,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Michael (4551073) January 14, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac Phyllis

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The representative did not follow procedure when I canceled my policy. I was not billed for a whole year and then all of a sudden money is taken out of my paycheck for a policy that I CANCELLED a YEAR earlier. I contacted him and of course was given excuses... This was in September. I continued to email/call from October 2018-December 2018, and then his supervisor got involved and I did not hear from him again. He lied to me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It is now January, I have been emailing an administrator and sales coordinator since December, and I am still working to get my money back. They took it from me like nothing, but want me, and our payroll person, to jump through hoops to get it back. I sent my pay stub that shows it was taken out. Why do you need more than that? They are all either incompetent or devious or both. STAY AWAY FROM AFLAC!

Hi Kelly,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Kelly (4532956) January 10, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Updated on 1/08/2019: Spoke with rep ** and he stated the documents I had emailed to rep ** was not able to be reviewed because of an issue with the document. Further stating it would not open. So he proceeded to provide me with his email address so I can once again email the documents to yet another rep to "forward to the escalation dept for review with 48 business hours." How many times have we sang this song and did this dance. Well, he confirmed he received, and was able to view the document emailed. He confirmed he could read the diagnosis codes from the cardiologist. Hopefully this is the last time we have to do this stuff. I'm not happy.

I also informed him that everyone clearly gets a bill for a 4 day ICU stay for 88 THOUSAND DOLLARS and required to see a cardiologist every 2-4 weeks for a minimum of 6 months when they "don't suffer a heart attack." Riggghhhttt. I guess I'm no different that the other 700 plus people who have reported the same unfortunate events following their claim with Aflac.

Original review: On Dec 5th my husband had a heart attack. Upon his release from ICU 4 days later, we reviewed his Aflac policy. The policy states heart attack is covered. So we submit a smart claim. Denied. So speak with a rep. Resubmit. Denied. Speak with another rep and resubmit still got denied!!! So, call again (because everyone loves a 1-3 HOUR HOLD TIME!!) and email over 60 pages of medical records from the hospital!! Claim is denied once again. Now I'm pissed but "cardiac urgency and chest pain" isn't covered. Haha. They got jokes. So we get the exact diagnosis codes from the cardiologist that clearly states the obvious. I call in and speak with agent tbanks and tell her "I have the diagnosis codes from the cardiologist. If I give them to you can you tell me if they are COVERED UNDER SPECIFIED HEALTH EVENT FOR OUR POLICY. The reason for this, I don't want to waste our time or yours." She states she can so I give them to her.

After a brief hold she comes back on the line and says the 1st code is def enough to get the claim approved and paid. FINALLY!!! Ok so I email with her on the line still. She confirms she can view the document and submits for "escalated review." She says 24 hours. Call back after that and told could be up to 48 hours. This is on a Friday. I call back Friday around 3, I believe. No update but the rep states there will DEFINITELY be an update online by midnight THAT NIGHT. SO, we wait. Nothing. They are closed on the weekend. Ha! That figures.

Call today Monday. At first I'm told we need to file an appeal. After I state I've already sent in additional documents from the cardiologist she places me on hold again. Comes back and states it hasn't been reviewed yet. Are you kidding me??? I tell her we plan to cancel if it is not paid and seek legal advice. This is asinine. She "reached out to the escalation department" and a supervisor SHOULD be calling me back today. Ugh. Never again! All the documentation is there and clearly you should've paid long ago!!

Hi Lisa,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Lisa (4518748) January 7, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had some questions on how I should go about getting my claims paid. I have an accident policy A36000 OPTION 2 class C. I'm in Kansas. Anyway, I was having a normal pregnancy as I did with my first 2 children seen my doctor 2 days before I went to the emergency room because I slipped in the tub at home while I was pregnant trying to stand up and started having full blown contractions and severe pain thinking I would be okay I waited until I could hardly stand up to go to the ER.

The on call doctor happen to be my doctor and they weren't sure about whether to deliver or wait for the NICU TEAM to get to the hospital which was an hour away because I was fully dilated but my water hadn't broke yet. The doctor didn't ask me much since I was in so much pain and the hospital I delivered at didn't deliver babies before 36 weeks or have the care and I was around 32.5 weeks along. After they finally decided to deliver because the NICU ambulance hadn't left their hospital yet. They showed up shortly after and transported my 32.5 week old baby by NICU INCUBATOR IN THE AMBULANCE. I was discharged the next day and headed up to the NICU where she stayed for 25 days because guidelines state they weren't allowed to release her until after 36 weeks as well as she was having breathing problems and maintaining temperature issues.

I submitted my claims for my ER visit as well as Hospital stay as well as her Ambulance ride and NICU stay and hers was denied saying that it was a preexisting condition that she was having bradycardia and apnea episodes. I even stated as to what happened and why she was sent there in the 200 word section the best I could. I filed my claim and they are saying they need more information from the doctor that my discharge paper from the hospital wasn't enough, I checked my patient portal and the clinical summary that the doctor wrote just says findings: labor pains /active, nothing else. I was told that the stay at the NICU was medical necessary and no other option... So I'm at a loss for words right now on what to do, I emailed my previous AFLAC Rep and she replied weeks later but all she said was she was sorry. I am aware of what my policy covers and feel I am being robbed as I have been a loyal customer!

Hi A. C.,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: A. C. (4515016) January 6, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have been pay Aflac for 4 years now every month. I sent in a claim about month and half ago. The doctor had put incorrect date on it so Aflac explained he needed to send letter explaining the correct date with new forms filled out. Which is what we did. They still denied it saying it hasn't been 180 days but it's been 182 days. The person I spoke with didn't understand why they didn't approve it either and sent over an email to whoever. It's really frustrating cause I pay them every month so I can use it when I need to.

Hi Sarah,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Sarah (4512247) January 5, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

After filing a claim, was paid quickly and claim closed. One problem, they didn’t pay for hardly anything the policy said was covered. After sending 22 pages of documentation. I call claims department and was on hold for 2 hours 49 minutes only to have the person answering pick up and act like she couldn’t hear me and end the call. Seriously! There is no way to contact them except the email on the site which gives no email address. I sent a message with no response. I’m reading the reviews here and it seems AFLAC is not the company it advertises.

Hi Candi,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Candi (4510555) January 5, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have had Aflac coverage for many years. I have always trusted Aflac, until now. I had a stroke in October 2018. Not a TIA, an Ischemic Stroke. I have been out of work since and it will take months to recover to a point I can return to my full time job, if ever. I had an MRI and a CT confirming the stroke and type. The language on the claim form clearly states: Did the patient have a stroke, meaning apoplexy, secondary to rupture or acute occlusion of a cerebral artery? YES All the hospital documentation was sent and Aflac DENIED my claim. There is small print verbiage about having permanent damage in order to qualify. Those areas of my brain are dead brain tissue (sounds permanent to me). I am struggling to regain what function I can. As of my claim, there is permanent damage from the very definition of stroke on the claim form. Will go to Insurance Commission next.

Hi Dorothy,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Dorothy (4509220) January 5, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have been paying for an Aflac cancer policy for over a year. I gave 100% complete and factual information to the agent, who completed the paperwork. Fast-forward a year. I have a surgery followed by a diagnosis of cancer. I submit a claim. Submit ALL my medical records (myself) for the past three years. Aflac says due to having cancer less than two years previously they are denying my claim. They suggest I was not honest with the agent. The person in the meeting discussed my previous diagnosis in detail with the agent submitting paperwork.

Did the agent falsify the documents? Did Aflac knowingly cover me with the knowledge of my previous diagnosis? All I know is Aflac says they will not cover this and are trying to return my premium payments. Nice try Aflac... You should have actually looked at my medical records before covering me if this is such an issue. Or are you hiring dishonest agents? Or was I covered to boost revenue? Sure feels like it! Regardless, I have NO respect for an insurance company who takes my money and then does not cover claims when appropriate. Have no doubt I will be sharing my experience with EVERY one in my life.

Hi Jennifer,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Jennifer (4502860) January 4, 2019, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

A gentlemen came to my job. Offered a quote. Told him I was unsure so he stated he would put thinking on down for me, now I’m getting paperwork stating I have now have a policy. No one seems to be able to help me get out of something I did not set up.

Hi Audreka,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Audreka (4477711) December 28, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.
Aflac policyholders must provide their name & AT LEAST 2 of the following: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your employer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have had my policy since 2017. In October of this year my wife was injured while at Universal Studios Fl. 3 days later she went to the emergency room with severe pain and numbness in her right arm. Of course they treated her for a possible heart attack even though she told them it was her neck. After they ruled out the heart problems they did several tests including an MRI. She was admitted and saw a Doctor the next morning. The Dr noted that she had 2 herniated discs in her neck and also noted the accident. She stayed in 3 more days and got an epidural before release. On 11/29 she had a cervical fusion done on the 2 discs.

Here starts the problem. Every time I filed an accident claim Aflac's system bumped it to a Hospital claim which I wasn't eligible for cause the policy was under 30 days. I finally called my rep who was finally able to get it changed to an accident claim. I uploaded everything 31 pages from the hospital. They claim was denied saying nothing said it was an accident. After several phone calls one of Aflac's phone Reps let me email her the Dr notes from the hospital and I had to read to her where the Dr said it was due to an accident. She argued saying the ER didn't note it well that might be due to the fact they were making sure it wasn't a heart attack. Life over Limb.

The file was reopened. After calling every day for 3 weeks I was told that the person reviewing the file (Jolin) had called the hospital several times but her call was not returned. I called myself and the lady said they only called once and she did return the call. I called Aflac back and spoke to a Chelsea who said she emailed the auditor to have her call. The following day I called the hospital again and the lady said she did finally speak to her. Today I called again. Got no answers. So I called the hospital and they are waiting for Aflac to pay them for the records. The records I uploaded are the same the hospital is sending. This is a ridiculous on the part of Aflac. They must think I will give up like others do. Not gonna happen. I have dates and times of everything. I will take my compliments to both the state an federal levels. Again if anyone has the problem do not give up. Do not let them win.

Hi Charles,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email af;acservoce@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Charles (4476682) December 27, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I had a heart attack in June 2018 and filed a claim with my representative and agent. Mind you I have been paying for Aflac for 3 years at this point and never used it. I sat across the table with the 2 of them the day after I got out of the hospital. Had both these ladies looking at my policies on their computer. They had my name. My social. My birth date. They both looked over my policies and they both looked me in the eyes and told me that I was "going to make bank" off this. When it was time to pay my claim I was denied. The reason given to me was, and no lie here, they had the wrong policy pulled up. They claim to have had my sister's information instead of mine. How does this happen? They still had my married name on my policy so the last names weren't even the same.

Fast forward to September. I'm in a head on collision with my 12 yr old son. Car totaled. Out of work for 2 weeks. I get all the paperwork they ask for except a bill for our ambulance ride. Finally get this taken care of after tracking down the billing company and someone who can actually help me. I contact my representative and tell her I have the papers so let's get this done. This was on Monday December 17, 2018. I ask her what I need to do. She tells me she can pick up the papers the next day at my place of work. I agree to this. Tuesday comes with no word from her, nothing. Wednesday comes and by 3pm on Wednesday I still hadn't seen or heard from her. Now, I also called my actual agent on that Monday who tells me to give it to the other girl because she wasn't in the area. So Wednesday I call the next person in line. He tells me to fax the papers to him and he will get it handled.

When I spoke to my agent on Monday I told her that I want this taken care of as fast as possible so I can try to give my kids a good Christmas. Not one of these people offered and assistance. What she did do is call me and give me attitude because her boss had to call her to get them to do their job. She also says to me "it'll be 4-7 days because I faxed it in." So I was frustrated and asked why I'm waiting even longer and she says "if you would have done a smart claim it would be but I don't have your info so I didn't do it that way." Should they not have advised me to handle it this way? Is this not their job? I'm so frustrated right now. I'm about to break, and I already have lawyers for my car accident and I'm considering seeking advise with them on this matter. I will be canceling my Aflac once all of this is cleared up.

Hi Nicole,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Nicole (4474987) December 27, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They are not considerate to life insurance policy holders at all! In order to make a simple payment you either have to mail in your payment or call in... in almost 2019. Why not set up an online option for customers to simply pay their bill??? Or have an option, on the automatic system, specifically for life insurance and callers will get routed to the correct department. Instead you have to wait for 30 mins to an hr for a representative, then after verifying your information, you’re told that they can’t do ANYTHING for you or your life insurance account and they’ll have to transfer to the “correct” specialist so that they can handle it.

If you’re lucky and you actually get the “correct” person on the next call (or you get bounced from person to person and then eventually you find the “correct” rep) then you're told they can’t process your process themselves, that they’ll have to record it, send it to another department, and you’ll receive a letter in the mail stating if the payment had gone through or not??? Wtf? Aflac sucks, I can ONLY imagine if and when something goes wrong, what excuses that they’ll give to not help you in your time of need.

Hi A Google,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: A Google (4453141) December 21, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have a policy through my job with Aflac. I injured my wrist at work in February, which is worker comp but Aflac still helped. They offer a amount to physical therapy and such but by the time the company agreed to my surgery in September Aflac representative assured me I’d get certain monies for have surgery and being hospitalized if needed, all I needed was a surgical breakdown and of course after my surgery they send me a letter saying that since it was after 90 days I didn’t qualify. So now my bills are upside down and they go on. It upsetting because I called before my surgery for reassurance and was lied to. Buyer beware. It would also be nice to have a written breakdown of what Aflac pays specifically and when.

Hi A,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: A (4451602) December 12, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Aflac, promised to help pay my bills for a covered accident or illness that required me to be out of work. On October 31st My wife was admitted to the hospital for surgery. She spent two days in the hospital & was out of work for the month of November. Six weeks after the surgery she received a check for $500.00 which stated final payment She kept trying to contact Aflac with no luck. Today she finally talked with someone & was told the hospital stay is not covered despite having the hospital indemnity plan and that the first 14 days out of work are exempt from payment. I don't know how the people selling these plans sleep at night knowing that they are hurting people when they are at a low point in their life.

Hi Rick,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Rick (4447090) December 19, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I work in a small business where there is no insurance or workers comp. We bought the Aflac in case of getting hurt at work to have something to help in an emergency. I had emergency hernia repair surgery 11/19/18 a month later after being promised on 3 occasions my money was 24 hours from release, now they are asking for UB-04. My hospital says they cannot give me a UB-04 that’s for insurance. I’m a self pay. Now after promising my money was 24 hours from payment they are asking for every scrap of paper from the second I walked into the er even though they already have my surgery notes and hospital receipt showing everything including surgery and hospital stay as well as surgeon’s notes etc.

I have called them about a dozen times over the past month. Every time is hours literally close to 2 hours on hold. Every time a new excuse about why I don’t have my money and every time promises to pay. I bought this policy because their website stated 24 hour claim payments. I can say without a doubt this is false advertising. I don’t know about you but most hard working honest people I know can’t go a month without a paycheck. Many of us can barely go 1 week much less 1 month. I feel I have no choice at this point but to contact an attorney. I would not recommend Aflac. Lmo they are the insurance version of payday loans. Very predatory and dishonesty seems to be company policy.

Hi Ray,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Ray (4443199) December 19, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac Phyllis

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Updated on 12/24/2018: Aflac... Responses on Facebook to my post about my claim with AFLAC being completed were very happy to say the least. I too was happy that a claim got filed and was paid. The rest of the story is that of the claims (more than one) that I filed, two of them were denied benefits because of a rule AFLAC has that says the hospital stays must be separated by 90 days. My wife was moved from one hospital to another hospital at the insistence of her healthcare provider because the hospital she was in wasn't in the "group" that the healthcare provider is associated with. It was not our decision and I was not happy about that move. That was done again when the last hospital said she needed to be moved to a long term care hospital.

Again, not our choice but a choice made by her healthcare provider. My wife spent 108 days in hospitals, AFLAC paid for 14. But, AFLAC says the "90 day rule must still apply. I think that, at least in this instant, it was a way out of paying benefits. So, I'm happy that claims were settled but I'm not happy that claims were denied twice because of this rule. And that's the whole story. No, I will not be recommending AFLAC to anyone.

Original Review: My wife was in and out of 3 different hospitals and one rehab facility between July 12, 2018. She ended up in a "specialty hospital" where she finally passed away on Dec 5, 2018. She died of complications from the original surgery on July 12, 2018. I provided AFLAC with 1,159 pages of medical records and I just sent more today. AFLAC paid an initial amount but denied other parts of the claim because the incidents were not separated by 90 days. My wife suffered a total of 108 days in hospitals between July 12, 2018 and December 5, 2018. Their denial of benefits because of the 90 day rule is ridiculous. By the way, I originally started this claim on September 28, 2018 and it's still not complete as far as I know. Remember that as you watch their commercials about how quickly they satisfy your claims. I've been chronicling this claim on Facebook as it's occurring.

Hi Anthony,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Anthony (4439248) December 18, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have been a customer for at least 20 years. I have never filed a claim during that time. When I do they deny my claim. Takes forever to talk to a person. I really find this outrageous. Why does company not have more phone operators. Doesn't matter what time I try.

Hi Doug,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Doug (4438018) December 16, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

You'll eventually get your insurance money, but be prepared to jump through hoop after hoop and get the runaround for months. You can expect to wait till all your bills are late and your credit is scarred before payment comes through.

Hi Amanda,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Amanda (4432147) December 16, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have had my Aflac accident policy since September of this year. I had no problem with my claims up until 1 week ago. They were asking me to provide a signature form, and release of authorization form. Wow. That is such a stupid way to get out of paying a claim. I asked the lady that they have never asked me for this information. Now all of a sudden they want this information. She replied, "Aflac have the right to ask for any type of information throughout any time"! Lmfao. Yeah you're right idiot...& I have the right to decline to send it in and I have the right to cancel my policy! After all of this time they have never I mean never asked me to provide this type of information up until a week ago...why? Idk. Because they didn't ask that 4 months ago. But it's cool. I cancelled my Aflac policy. Have a nice life of scamming others who are really hurt!

Hi Lulu,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Lulu (4431811) December 16, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was diagnosed with skin cancer. Been receiving my cancer benefits since 2014. Now Aflac telling me my policy don't pay for office visits and my policy only pay for cancer. I have skin cancer. Every time I call I get the runaround.

Hi Ralph,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Ralph (4431142) December 16, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac Phyllis

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Been having a problem with a sales agent since August /September, 2018. He has given be contradicting information on more than one occasion. At the end of August he informed me that a check was mailed to me. Have yet to receive it. Pretty certain he was lying about it. At this point I have absolutely no belief in anything he says. On several occasions he has suggested that I am asking him to bend or break the laws. This couldn't be further from the truth. I have asked for the rules and regulations as to why there would be a problem with my claim repeatedly.

The only thing he provided was an e-mail with an analogy comparing Aflac to car insurance. Pretty certain that wouldn't hold up in court. Also don't think a court would accept "the rep said so" answer. When I ask who his supervisor is, he informs me that he is an independent agent. Have told him that unless he is the president of Aflac there must be someone above him. Still no answer. To be clear some of the information he is giving me might be 100% correct but as I said I don't trust him and he hasn't exactly been forthcoming with information Also need to discuss my premiums with someone.

Hi Kevin,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Kevin (4419823) December 13, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have made 30 plus calls to AFLAC trying to get claims paid. I have provided itemized statement, UB-04, operative reports, discharge summary, office notes. I have asked for supervisor to call at least 10 times, no calls. They keep denying claims for different reason each time. They offer false advertisement, they take your payment out of checking account without a missed beat. But when it comes to helping the customer you are out of luck. I am looking at a way to sue. You can't contact the corporate office, all numbers they give you are for claims etc. All representatives say is, "I am sorry" etc. but nothing happens.

Hi Debrah,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Debrah (4417534) December 12, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I am not happy with Aflac. I have the hospital plan. I had an emergency appendectomy on November 13th. Went into the ER at 1 pm, was in surgery by 4 pm, was in recovery by 6 pm, and moved to a room at 8 pm. I submitted all of the paperwork to Aflac, and they are denying my hospital claim. They said because my UB04 form does not have a charge for the room, they will not pay. They said I was only in a recovery/observation room!!!

I was in the hospital for 36 hours - but according to them, this does not matter. Because I was never charged for a private/semi private room - I am not eligible to get paid. That is crap. I have the hospital plan, and was admitted to the hospital and had surgery at the hospital! My one small claim with them for a 2 day stay at the hospital is getting rejected. I am done with Aflac. Nowhere does it say you have to get admitted to a private/semi private room to receive payment. How would I know what kind of room. How or how it needed to be coded?

Hi Krystal,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Krystal (4416934) December 12, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have four policies with AFLAC and overall I have been satisfied. Usually, I don't encounter any issues with AFLAC. However, lately I have experienced problems getting my same day claims paid timely. To ensure that I am not in error, I try to send the supporting documentation that is requested when asked. Unfortunately, my latest claim is taking forever. Although I have gone to the hospital to obtain the documentation requested and submitted it. Now, AFLAC wants my medical records from the hospital to confirm the date of service. The hospital is stating that it normally takes approximately thirty days to process medical records request. So, I sent the Medical Records office telephone and fax numbers to AFLAC so they could get verification of the service date twice; but, my claim is still in pending status. It has been a vicious circle. It makes me wonder if I need to just cancel my four policies. This is ridiculous.

Hi Dorothy,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Dorothy (4415254) December 12, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

First the ad that Aflac pays as fast as 1 business day is false. I have being Aflac’s customer since 2012, and when it comes to short term disability, Aflac does everything in its power to stall paying a claim. I submitted my claim with all 3 necessary documents on 11/14, my claim was only reviewed on 11/29, when then, they said that they wanted the Dr’s note since I became disabled. Next day, my Dr faxed all requested, they then said it would take 4 more business day. On the 5th business day, I called, and then they need to check the address and phone number of employment, which it did not change, but I provided along with my boss direct line. Well that will take another 2 business day, because it was escalated. Now it’s 12/11 and no one called my boss, and of course I haven’t being paid.

Meanwhile, I originally took short term disability insurance to pay for my main bills in case I became disabled. Now because Aflac, I am going on the 2nd month late on my mortgage, late also for the 2nd month on my HOA, I literally don’t get out of the house so I don’t spend, because all I have it’s $16.00 on my account, and when I called, I hear the same answer. I understand that they have to verify things but doesn’t take any insurance company to verify a claim almost 30 days unless what they really want to do it’s not pay you.

I am so desperate that I don’t know more what to do, and I really can’t wait. If I do anything crazy I will 100% leave a note blaming Aflac. The waiting time is always over 1 hr, and then you get someone on the phone that can’t answer you one simple question, it’s always on review, and sorry for your inconvenience, meantime I can’t pay my meds, my home. Anyone know how to get this company to work and pay what it’s your by right, that you paid into? I am at the end of my road, and they could not care. AFLAC PLEASE HELP!

Hi Gabriela,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, here to help. Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Gabriela (4413352) December 12, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac Phyllis

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I've been an Aflac customer for 5+ yrs and all of a sudden my claims are being denied. A table fell on my foot and I had to have a X-ray. Severely swollen that I can't wear a shoe and Aflac said it was just foot pain and it wasn't an accident. How is a table falling on my foot not an accident? Secondly I was on hold for 1 hour twice last week and today 12/10/18 I've been on hold for 3 hours. This is beyond unacceptable. I bet if I called saying I was interested in purchasing a policy my wait wouldn't be this long. I'm seriously considering canceling all 3 of my policies.

Hello Mel,
I'm Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help.
Please email aflacservice@aflac.com so Aflac's Contact Center can address your concerns. Please include the following in the subject line of your email: Mel (4408282) December 11, 2018, consumeraffairs.com post, and explain your concerns.

Aflac expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

• Best for: People who have been injured, people recovering from surgery and people with a chronic condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky