Aflac

• 2%
  • 1%
  • 86%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed July 12, 2024

I had emailed them months ago to cancel my policy because they mislead me about the price. All they do is send you to a bot to chat with that doesn't actually help you. I just found out a few days ago that they're still charging me for a policy I canceled and they refuse to email me back and refund me. Stay away from this company because they won't ever fix anything.

Reviewed July 1, 2024

Horrible customer service, no access to live help. Canceled policies and they are still billing my checking account. Over the years the aggravation I have had to deal with is not worth keeping the policies! Go with their competitor instead!

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed June 26, 2024

I canceled two months ago, they still as of today, keep charging me my premium, I have asked number of times to stop charging me and they're still doing it two months later, very crooked company, do not engage with Aflac.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 16, 2024

This company is terrible. It is happy to take the premiums you pay but will do everything possible not to pay out, ever. Bizarrely they have an A+ rating on Better Business Bureau, no clue how this is even possible. My husband had a disability plan through his work. After he retired he requested to stop the policy and have the balance returned to him. He initially requested this in January by email and phone. He heard nothing, then contacted an employee there in February, who sent him the paperwork, which he completed and returned.

Again a month went by, no response. He followed up, was told he had been sent the "incorrect" forms. He was sent the "correct " ones and completed and returned them. Again, no response. He called, spoke with someone and was told his case is "under review." Now it's June, still nothing. We have filed a complaint with the NYS Atty General and will also reach out to the BBB. Many people here have stories that are so much worse, even heartbreaking. I literally view this company as a criminal enterprise. Absolutely cannot recommend.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 13, 2024

If I could give less stars, I would. My mother held 4 policies that she paid for many, many years. She passed in July of 2022 and when I reached out to her sales rep, she wanted no part in helping me with the claims or even pointing me in the right direction. After spending months of unreturned calls, unanswered emails and unhelpful customer service reps, I finally was emailed forms to complete but by the time I completed them, that rep had left her position and could offer no help either.

Here we are, in 2024 and I'm still battling to get the benefits due my mom... She died of a stroke and was in hospital for more than 30 days. Her estate was owed these benefits, but Aflac will do anything they can to not pay or make you jump through hoops until you exhaust yourself mentally and give up. I was told they don't have a department that deals with these situations and everyone I've spoke to so far at the company seems as confused as I am. This feels more like a pyramid scheme than actual benefits. Don't waste your money people! Not only would I not recommend them, but I had my husband cancel his policy as well.

Nancy

Hi Mary, I do not work for Aflac, however I have been an independent agent with them for more than 18 years in the Seattle area. I'm happy to help you with your claim. Please let me know if you would like my assistance. I love my Aflac and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Customer ServiceCoverageOnline & App

Reviewed June 11, 2024

So I bought signed up for Aflac through an employer in 2008. I’ve made contributions to the company for 16 years. I have never been able to get a claim evaluation approved. The customer service is atrocious. The App is horrible. Basically you’re being sold a bill of goods that you will never be able to use. I’m an idiot for not doing better research on the policies and the actual worthwhileness of the product. I just wanted to have insurance. So be smarter than me. This insurance is basically a sham set up for companies that have a less than stellar insurance plan. And I am speculating someone in the family selling this crap insurance. They just want to get a hook in your wallet. Then when you need them they will find any reason they can to screw you out of any claim. You’re so much better off putting the money you would spend on Aflac in a mattress and letting it rot.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I have had Aflac for about 2 years. I had a scheduled hysterectomy and called them a MONTH before. I was told it was too early to file and to do it the week of... I did it the week of and online said I couldn’t do it for a future date. I filed after, only to discover that I needed forms from my employer and Dr. While recovering, I had to take forms to both places and wait. The forms are ready and I still am getting conflicting stories as to why my claim is not paid. Surgery was a month ago. Their service is awful. Calling and speaking to a supervisor/manager is difficult too. I’ve been on the phone for 46 minutes, 35 of them have been on hold.

John

Good luck. My wife has been going through this for a year. All documents get sent in and they send a letter back denied due to missing documents.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 3, 2024

They make promises they don't keep. Everything is a sales pitch but when you actually have to file a claim they make you go through the wringer and you must deal with the corporate office. Will never get Aflac again.

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Been a client for years. They used to be alright back inthe day. Now they play games. They tell me they denied a claim but refuse to tell me why. Email says go to message center to find out why. Message in message center doesn't say why. Just a link to open the claim. Link opens a page that also doesn't say why and tells me to go to the message center to find out why. I JUST CAME FROM THERE!!! 'Claims' page says they need more info on four specific claims. I open each one of them and there is nothing there to tell me what information they need. Chat support is more like a FAQ with zero good results. Calling the support number (during business hours) just tells you the support hours but never takes you to anyone.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2024

This is a scam! They charge you every month and do not pay you when you really need them. I was hospitalized twice and although I have hospital indemnity my claims were denied and I was told to file an appeal. Which by the way can only be done in writing. Everything else has to be done via email or online. Aside from this I have asked them to change my address three times and they can't even get this done correctly. If you want to talk to a live person you have to jump through hoops. Poor customer service and just a total scam for them to take money from those of us that need it.

Aflac author review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor