Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Aflac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have had Aflac for years and it has helped me from accidents to skin cancer. You do need to understand the plan you pick. I LOVE MY AFLAC!!! I would recommend it to everyone!! Listen to the person explaining it to you as my friend tried to turn in a cancer claim as an accident and of course got denied.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I signed up with my employer as an additional benefit without fully understanding what the insurance was for. I had a dental policy and a hospital indemnity policy and a cancer policy. Each time my kids went to the dentist - they would send me $25. One of my kids got xrays - they sent me $50 for that. The checks come in less than 10 days - paper checks straight to your mailbox. It was very easy to file claims online and the money honestly felt like free money because I was not expecting it (even though I know ultimately I had paid into it prior).

The hospital indemnity policy paid me each time I gave birth. I think for regular deliveries you get a basic $200 reimbursement. But my pregnancy had complications, I was in the hospital for a week with treatments and Aflac ended up paying me almost $3000 - which helped me cover the portion of the hospital bill that my insurance didn’t cover - with some left over. It was a bit of a pain to get my hospital records to the Aflac claims department - but as soon as I did - I got a big check signing 10 days. Much less hassle than I would expect for such a big claim. I’ve since started my own business and miss having Aflac coverage already. I will be signing up my business for this insurance as soon as I can afford to. The best testament a a business is a returning customer right? Thanks Aflac for being so easy to use.

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I've had AFLAC with my job for 3 years now. I don't have anything negative to say about the company, as they have always done what they say they will do for me anyways. I've never had a problem getting my Hospital Indemnity insurance claims paid out. It has been a blessing in disguise as I get sick quite frequently and wind up in the hospital. I find claims get paid out quicker if you email them all the information they need. It also doesn't hurt to send them a little more than what they ask for. If they need a UB 04 send an itemized bill as well. As long as I've submitted everything they need and asked me for I've never had any problems with any of my claims being processed and paid out quickly usually within four days to a week depending on if I fax information or email it to them. The AFLAC representatives are always very helpful and very nice. I've never had any problems with any of them. Keep up the great work AFLAC.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Had knee scoped in August. STD was filed 9-22. Still have not received anything from them. They always need some other form when they have all the information there. 0 stars for them. I have called numerous times and I cant count how many times I've heard 24-36 hours.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I have had Aflac since 1999 and never a major claim, until June of 2020 when I injured my back and had to have surgery. Then I had to fight tooth and nail to get benefits entitled and still not ALL what is owed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Updated on 11/28/2020: So I was supposedly denied for "Pre Existing condition." I will recommend The Principal Group. I had another policy through the company I work for now that mind you didn't start till September. For the exact same claim I am now receiving checks for 60 percent., No problem at all. And I was barely over the ninety days. The Principal is a company Aflac could only dream of being. THIEVES. They finally forced me to cancel my policy with them. I refuse to keep paying 253 a month to a company that does nothing while another company (The Principal) never gave me a problem. THIEVES!!!!

Original Review: We were offered short term disability through the company I was with. Thought it would be a good thing to have so I got it. Long story short. Had both knees replaced. Gonna be out eight weeks. DENIED. It was denied due to pre-existing condition? My physician's paperwork clearly said Onset. June 9th. My policy date was April. I understand it was close but I didn't ask for this. And they are not paying the Health issues. They are my short term income due to this. I've read the other reviews. They all seem to be the same. DENIED immediately and hope you walk away. I'm thinking lawyer for this and I think everyone should. They flat out lie!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

As a member of the HR department, I signed up for Aflac insurance. The Aflac saleswoman, long affiliated with our company referred to the cancer benefit with quick payout. After signing up. I later underwent brain surgery with 3 week hospital stay. After filing claims for the cancer surgery and home care, I was only given, $100 for the cancer, claiming the surgery and care did not qualify as malignant cancer. I feel misled by her sales tactic and have requested a review by my company of misleading professional sales conduct which do not meet our company standards of honesty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

The company I work for buys a short term disability policy just to help keep money coming in. They chose Aflac because of their advertising. In my case, I became ill and had to miss many weeks of work. The forms are confusing so I decided to make a call. I do want to say the people are pleasant, but that’s it. You fill out the papers then send them in. The doctor does the same. After a while you call back because nothing is happening. That’s where it really gets ugly. You’re told you filled it out wrong, so you do it again. Wait and once again call. Once again it’s not right. 9 times I’ve been told how to do the papers and each time something is not right. Dates, dollars are never right. I’ve come to the conclusion that the company wants you frustrated enough to give up. You give up they don’t pay. I’m almost there now. I now understand the mascot theme. They keep “Ducking” the solution.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

4-29-20 I went to the emergency room for a severe headache. Had an emergency craniotomy for 2 one inch tumors near my cerebellum. Turned out to be cancer from unknown primary. Spent 30 days in a recovery hospital, 10 sessions of whole brain radiation, 4 rounds of chemotherapy. I am left with using a walker, cognitive impairments childlike mannerisms and list of other problems. Aflac has denied my SHORT term disability claim. I have spent months playing their game with paperwork. Dont waste your money people.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

After my father's passing, AFLAC took out premiums for two months because they demanded a death certificate for proof of death. After receiving the death certificate (this takes time, the county health department may or may not be timely), I faxed it to AFLAC. I called to make sure they would reimburse the premiums that AFLAC took out automatically from my dad's checking account. They could not promise that they would. I asked to speak to someone in policy and customer service would not transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and "James" from customer service would not transfer. So be prepared to pay premiums even after you die for AFLAC health insurance. It might be legal, but it is not ethical. You will be dealing with a company that does not allow you to speak to anyone except whoever you get in customer service. You will not be able to speak to anyone who makes decisions or anyone in charge.

Aflac author review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor