3.9/5 (698 ratings)

About Aflac

Aflac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I was diagnosed with COVID on 08/16 by a lab. The next morning I filed a claim with AFLAC on my short term disability insurance, since I was going to be out of work 11 days. I sent in all the documents I was told to send in (Lab test results on their letterhead, a statement from my doctor, a statement from my employer) I made sure all the documents were received and was told they indeed were. Fast forward 15 days later and I call and ask why a decision had not been made on my claim. I was told they didn't have the documents they needed. The ones they confirmed 15 days earlier. Now they say I am going to have to refile because they need new documents. Total waste of time and money. If I were you I would find something else. This is a total scam.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I had total knee replacement June 1st. My paperwork was processed on August 12th. I'm jumping through hoops on one leg With Aflac. I've had this policy since October 1st, 2001 and they act like I'm bothering them because I need them now. No problem taking money out of my check every week for 20-plus years. They make the process of filing a claim so easy. "NOT." Typical insurance company. I hope this is the last time I ever need them again.

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I woke up with terrible abdominal pain one night, was up all night trying to better it..Went to work late and just couldn't do it, barely made it to my truck and went home, fell on the couch for 3 hrs before I could drive myself to the ER...From there I was rushed to Rochester Mayo for emergency surgery and which led to 4 weeks off work....and I was thankful I has Aflac to help cover my bills....That was 10 weeks ago and I not only haven't received a dime but I just got ANOTHER letter today stating that they're closing my claim because they don't have all of the information they need...

I gave them and sent them all required forms and statements and they keep coming up with something new to prove what actually happened....I had used disability a decade ago and it didn't miss a beat, I had income starting day one..Aflac is a con, we're just giving them money to pay for those stupid commercials....Read these reviews and shop around...You see what happens with aflac...Save your $$.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I have had a Cancer policy with AFLAC for over 13 years. Unfortunately, my wife was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in Jan of 2019 which later spread to her brain. Although there have been many frustrating times, (delays & can't reach anyone) overall I must say they have paid everything they said they would pay for in the policy. When they stopped the one day pay, that really delayed getting the money, and customer service seemed to go south from there. I'm torn because there have been times AFLAC has had me beating my head against the wall and totally frustrated, and yet, I have to be honest and say the policy has been a huge blessing since my wife hasn't been able to work since 2019.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I am a former agent and customer. My policies were paid for from my monthly statement on the group account. Recently I was checking on a claim and decided to take a look at all my policies to make sure they were all up to date. My life policy showed as inactive. I tried to call customer service. Couldn't get through. Had to email. They wrote back eventually and said that my policy was canceled due to lack of payment. I then ask them how it could be canceled due to lack of payment since the payment was made from my monthly statement. They said they would send me a reinstatement form. The form came in the mail requesting $2,000 to reinstate.

Now mind you all of my policies are set up with Aflac always. This is where you put your bank account information in in case the employer stops paying your policy for whatever reason you can continue paying on your own. This is supposed to be an automatic switch over. Never once was an attempt made to withdraw funds from my bank account. Never once was I notified that my policies would no longer be taken from my statement balance. I was unaware of any difficulties with my policies.

After receiving the letter I called customer service again and got through to a person and explained that they shouldn't have canceled my policy. While I was on the phone with her I was using the app to get her the policy number and lo and behold all of my policies now showing inactive. I have called multiple times and they can't directly send you to the Department who takes care of the statements they have to email them. Multiple emails have been sent the last one was sent expediting and included my personal email to keep me updated. I have received zero information zero attention to my problem. I have wasted money for years they have no intention of fixing what they messed up in the first place. Do not trust this company do not waste your time or money with this company do not work for this company.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Don't waste your time or money on Aflac. They will NEVER PAY YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT. I filed my claim after being hit by a truck while cycling to work. I filed on 4/28/2022. It has been over a month and the claim is STILL IN REVIEW.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Please people, do not waste your time with this company. My claim as of today is still pending/under review. I submit all documents online and the company continues to tell me for the past three months, claim under review. Consumers please be careful. I do not and will not refer or recommend this company to no one.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I gave birth to my son, and he is now 7 weeks. I am still waiting on a decision on which last I heard needs a second set of eyes, have in mind I have called them over 30 times probably and every time it gets reviewed by someone new. So I have no idea how many sets of eyes they actually need. At the beginning on second week or so, I was calling just to find out I was missing info...info that no one had has the courtesy of letting me know until I called. After another week I call again and once more, I'm missing something else. Which, have in mind I only get to find out if I call. I call almost every other day. And every time I'm missing something. Which is fine, I'll provide it, but my point is why do I have to find out bit by bit and only when I call to check. Do they not know what they are doing that they can't provide full details all at once.

Finally after practically begging to speak to someone higher someone with a title of a senior manager promises that my claim will be finally submitted. Just to find out it got denied for some income on my part. Which mind you, I have always worked. And I make a fair amount and pay my taxes. Just to make things worse my husband was offered Aflac insurance thru his job, that we pay monthly. So I have Aflac insurance also for what. Totally useless. I will make sure to have that canceled. Oh and my case manager useless as well. I read someone in here said the same things. If you don't call to check on your own claim Aflac does not CARE and simply denies you for their own incompetence.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I have been a member since 2013. As of March 22 2022 I had a pacemaker change out and put in a claim for help to pay this bill and I did get $60 big bucks. I had gotten Aflac in case of an emergency and if I needed short term disability. After my pacemaker change out a week later on April 1st I had to go to the emergency room for lower abdominal pain, that resulted in emergency surgery for appendicitis. With that being said, I was out of work for 2 weeks and I filed a claim for short term disability. That's what I have been paying for right? Declined!! I will be canceling my account ASAP! Do NOT BOTHER WITH AFLAC BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY!

Original review: April 17, 2022

Just as all other reviews.. Can't talk to case manager, been under review for 3 months!! This scam company does not pay!!! Thiefs, liar, disrespectful,... They all burn in hell!... Let's watch them suffer such as all others that are in need of financial help!!

Aflac author review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor