1.1/5 (45 ratings)

About Aflac

Aflac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Original review: April 22, 2022

I gave birth to my son, and he is now 7 weeks. I am still waiting on a decision on which last I heard needs a second set of eyes, have in mind I have called them over 30 times probably and every time it gets reviewed by someone new. So I have no idea how many sets of eyes they actually need. At the beginning on second week or so, I was calling just to find out I was missing info...info that no one had has the courtesy of letting me know until I called. After another week I call again and once more, I'm missing something else. Which, have in mind I only get to find out if I call. I call almost every other day. And every time I'm missing something. Which is fine, I'll provide it, but my point is why do I have to find out bit by bit and only when I call to check. Do they not know what they are doing that they can't provide full details all at once.

Finally after practically begging to speak to someone higher someone with a title of a senior manager promises that my claim will be finally submitted. Just to find out it got denied for some income on my part. Which mind you, I have always worked. And I make a fair amount and pay my taxes. Just to make things worse my husband was offered Aflac insurance thru his job, that we pay monthly. So I have Aflac insurance also for what. Totally useless. I will make sure to have that canceled. Oh and my case manager useless as well. I read someone in here said the same things. If you don't call to check on your own claim Aflac does not CARE and simply denies you for their own incompetence.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I have been a member since 2013. As of March 22 2022 I had a pacemaker change out and put in a claim for help to pay this bill and I did get $60 big bucks. I had gotten Aflac in case of an emergency and if I needed short term disability. After my pacemaker change out a week later on April 1st I had to go to the emergency room for lower abdominal pain, that resulted in emergency surgery for appendicitis. With that being said, I was out of work for 2 weeks and I filed a claim for short term disability. That's what I have been paying for right? Declined!! I will be canceling my account ASAP! Do NOT BOTHER WITH AFLAC BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY!

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Just as all other reviews.. Can't talk to case manager, been under review for 3 months!! This scam company does not pay!!! Thiefs, liar, disrespectful,... They all burn in hell!... Let's watch them suffer such as all others that are in need of financial help!!

Original review: April 8, 2022

My son was injured at school which required major surgery and months of physical therapy. I have filed claim and provided all itemized billing docs that clearly show the diagnosis and procedure codes. Every piece of correspondence I get from Aflac says they need a diagnosis. You cannot speak to a live representative when you call in. My claim was denied for not having a diagnosis code. They have no intentions of taking care of their policyholders in their time of need and clearly only care about taking your money. I have paid all of my premiums since 2009 and now realize they are a joke and total waste of money spent! Don’t fall for their spiel….

Original review: April 1, 2022

I signed up for their short-term disability years ago through their representative at my employer, then had to use it due to a back injury only to find out, "I wasn't paying for it." They had me signed up as it showed on my login, but it wasn't being taken out of my check. So I'm signed up for it now, and just last month I had hernia surgery which required a 6 week recovery. I began a claim 4 days before the surgery. I sent in my forms, my employer sent them theirs, and my physician sent theirs. Only to be told they still needed the physician forms. I called the physician and they sent them again and I even got a copy to upload myself. Finally they say they got them but now they're waiting on employer forms. REALLY? So I call my employer, they sent them in weeks ago but did so again, and sent me a copy so I could upload those as well.

Lo and behold here it is 7 weeks after my surgery, I'm even back to work, and I have received ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but a runaround while my bills have all gone overdue. All they are doing is collecting money than blowing us off when you need them for a service that we've been PAYING FOR! Do yourself a favor, and forget they exist. I will be dumping them completely as I also carry their life insurance policy which I'm convinced now my wife would NEVER receive in the event of my death. They are a total joke.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Trying to get policy number, face and case value for mother who has dementia. We sent in power of attorney papers. 4 weeks no results. We call. Always get robot never a person. They schedule call back. One time reached claims department, said fax was in fax machine could not find. Then found but could not give us information, someone from another department would mail information. Expedite. Still don’t have.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I have cancer policy for 15 years and filed a claim. My claim was received 1/18/22 for two different types of skin cancer involving two different procedures. AFLAC did not process my claim until 2/25/22. I attempted to contact AFLAC starting 2/7/22. Their automated phone system kept disconnecting my call. Tried the chat feature and email. No response. I had to schedule a callback for 2/11/22. On that call I was told the claim was received, but was not assigned to a processor. I was told it would be expedited and processed. On 2/22/22 no actions were initiated. Filed online complaint, as usual no response.

2/23/22 after several attempts finally got through and had to schedule a callback. During the call, again I was told my claim was not assigned for processing and that it would be expedited. I asked for a supervisor. Again told it would be expedited. I guess after my many calls, it was handled within 24 hours. One claim was denied based on their assertion the cancer was malignant although the pathology reports indicates it was. Now my option is to appeal the claim. AFLAC is very good at collecting their premium for the last 15 years, but extremely difficult and complicated process to get a claim through their system. What good is it to have a cancer policy when a consumer can’t get the service they promised.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

This company is an absolute joke. I had a preventative procedure that they said they covered, so I filed a claim. Received a letter about 2 months later saying it was denied that they do not cover that. Recently I filed a claim for an emergency room visit because of an accident. Did all the paperwork they asked for online. Received the letter again months later saying they wanted more information. Pretty much calling me a liar. So I spent the time got more information from the doctor as requested and sent in.

A month later I heard nothing so I called in to check on the claim. They said I would receive a $275 payment. This was supposed to be direct deposited into my account, gave me a date that the money was supposed to be deposited. Check days after it was supposed to be there and still no money. Called back 31 times so far and I've heard about 11 different stories as to why I don't have my money. Nobody seems to have a clue at Aflac. I pay a premium and received nothing. Aflac is a bunch of lines thieves. It is bad but I wish the worst for Affleck and would hope that they just go bankrupt and leave people alone. I will not renew with Aflac and would not recommend anybody ever use Aflac!!! They don't even deserve one star but you can't get by with your review without giving one.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I've been a member of Aflac since 2017. If I could give this zero stars I would. I paid into my AFLAC accident policy for five years! Two months ago I had an injury that required surgery I opened a claim and send all documents to Aflac they review it and denied my claim. I've been trying to get in contact with them to find out why they denied my claim but unfortunately it's been no luck to talk to anyone from Aflac worst company. But are quick to take out monthly cost from my bank. I literally feel scammed and robbed. I will never recommend them to ANYONE! Worst experience ever. They are not worth mental and financial stress.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I have had an AFLAC Critical Illness Policy for 10 years on myself and my husband. My husband went to the ER with Covid to get monoclonal Antibodies and they admitted him straight to ICU where he stayed for 19 days before passing away. I filed my claim and it was denied saying they don’t pay for Covid claims. If Covid is not a critical Illness then what is. Being a policy holder, AFLAC never sent me any changes to my policy I have had since 1999 but now deny my husband’s claim. Anyone else experience this? It’s time for a class action lawsuit against AFLAC! Don’t waste your money on them but if you do have a policy and it was denied, please text me at ** and leave a message. Thank you!

Aflac author review by Matthew Brodsky

Aflac is one of the best known American insurance companies. It offers various types of insurance, including disability insurance.

• Real cost calculator online: Users can calculate the probable cost of medical care for injuries or illnesses prior to beginning a claim.

• Health insurance as well as disability insurance: Users can purchase insurance to cover specific medical conditions or general medical care as well as disability insurance.

• Short-term disability insurance available: sers can get short-term insurance to cover them when a temporarily disabling condition hits.

• Lump-sum policies cover long-term illness: Although Aflac doesn't offer long-term disability insurance, users can get a lump-sum benefit for a critical illness, allowing them to continue to support themselves.

• Rapid online claims processing: Users can file claims online and upload documents to get their benefits within 24 hours.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor