Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

1.5/5 (158 ratings)

About Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I had this life insurance when I was employed 1993. I retired 2012 and decided to keep the insurance. There is always an increase every year. Recently, I was told in order to keep my insurance my premium would triple monthly. If I don't pay the new amount, all the money I paid basically is zero.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

This company is the worst. I tried so hard to get a short-term disability policy through them at work but they make it so hard, no one was able to get one. Having said that, their short-term disability only covers new issues, mental health and no pre-existing problems (even cancer in remission) is covered. Kind of seems discriminatory to me. I was finally forced to get a policy with a company separate from work…at least this company cares about its consumers.

Get buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

This company will give you the complete running rounds. They do not want to pay your disability claim. I've been waiting just to get an answer for approval for my disability ever since August 8th 2022. I'm still waiting. No one has no information. Everyone that works there is clueless. This company is the worst by far.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Since retiring 2 1/2 years ago I have spoken with 9 representatives trying to get them to bank draft my monthly payments. Not one has been able to do this. I finally signed papers to cancel the policy. The debit payment I made was supposed to trigger a bill being sent to my address. Today I call to find out it was applied to my suspense account but nobody knew why. I'm tired of this, so I cancelled the policy. Absolutely ridiculous service!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I've had them several years and never had to use them, unfortunately I had an accident and filed a claim. I did my claim online thinking after I was done that would be IT. NO. This paper needs to get done. That paper needs to get done. If I hadn't been back and forth with them I never would've known. The customer service was awful. I'm looking to change them now!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I have had Colonial for a long time even their cancer, and life policy I am just fully covered, this review is for this year, usually they are great and they do payout on all my claims. But this year they are taking forever to payout. Before within 2 week I would have my direct deposit, but my most recent claim, so far 3 weeks ago, I have still not received payment and when you call or do online chat they just give you a script reading "thank you for your patience", I am so tired of hearing that, my last claim they kept telling me, "Please allow 5 to 7 (which means 10 business days) for your claim to be processed," and the girl kept saying that they were within the time, I literally had to count with her on the calendar to show her it had been over 10 business days??

But the new claim is now officially 3 weeks in process???? They need to get back to the company they used to be or just be more honest, I would appreciate it more if they said, "After covid we are short of staff and are doing the best we can," because that would be honest but to give you the same crappy script over and over is frustrating. Maybe they do not realize that we need the money? So my review is for this year's service, but I have been with them for a long time and this year was actually the worst for them.

Original review: July 1, 2022

This insurance company is a complete scam!! They have so many rules in the fine print so they never have to pay a red cent out for short term disability. Steer clear from these scammers you will not see a dime from them even if you’re out of work. They are a complete rip off don’t give these scammers a dime!!! Never signing up with these clowns again save your time and money!!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

This company is the worst when it comes to customer service. They have no emotion except one which is being rude. They are also incompetent and deserve to be fired or worse. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Original review: May 24, 2022

They’re scammers, they’ll process policy without your authorization. Avoid talking to them or getting your personal information, they’ll get you a quote and days after you will get a policy with or without your authorization,

Original review: April 18, 2022

Beware on this Company. I have been paying for Accident and Sickness insurance since 2003 and thought since I work in Law Enforcement it would be a good idea to have it. I haven't had the opportunity to use it much (which is a good thing) but I believed it to be good to have just in case. Fortunately, I didn't get hurt at work, just sick from the Covid-19. I was tested at work with the rapid and PC test and had tested positive and had multiple symptoms. Work made me stay home so I applied for my Colonial Life benefits. I had to be symptom free and test negative to return to work. I kept testing positive and had symptoms...

My Human Resources informed Colonial Life that I was out of work from 1/3/22 to 1/26/22.. 23 days. Colonial life only wanted to pay for 7 days even though
    my Human Resources confirmed the dates I was out. The District Manager, Gordon **, tried helping. Gordon informed me I had to get a Doctor to sign off

on it, or a Nurse Practitioner. Impossible to see a Doctor or Nurse practitioner when you're sick with Covid-19 unless you're dying, which I wasn't. Colonial Life refused to pay for the entire time I was out, even though my policy is covered for short term (6 months).

After a few tries with the help of Gordon **, the Appeals Department of course denied the claim because like all insurance companies, they find a reason not to pay. It's not a huge amount of money, it's the principle of not being able to use a policy you have been paying on for almost 20 years. AGAIN, BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Company Information