4.8/5 (48 ratings)

About Policygenius Disability Insurance

Policygenius offers live advice to help you decide how much coverage you need before you buy. At Policygenius, the mission is to make this a simple, easy process from start to finish.

Pros

• Clear explanations
  • Evaluates 17 providers
  • Simple quote tool

Cons

• May require medical exams

Bottom Line

Policygenius Disability Insurance simplifies the shopping process with clear instructions and an easy-to-use tool. Agents help clarify what the tool does not. Though Policygenius doesn’t require medical exams, the insurer may.

Policygenius Disability Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Policygenius Disability Insurance?

Original review: May 15, 2020

The team is very friendly and polite. The issue is when things start to slow in movement. Unfortunately they resort to excessive texting, phone calls and emails daily. Because of this I would not recommend you all to a friend unless they were able to dedicate time to this on a daily basis.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I was researching disability insurance and came across Policygenius on my Google search. It was very straightforward and clear in asking me what I was looking for and I promptly received 4 quotes from 4 different companies as well as the recommendation for which company they would recommend that had all I was looking for at the best price. I was a little slow on responding back and was continuing to do my own research on what exactly I wanted in a policy, and they were more than happy to talk to me on the phone on my schedule and clarify any questions on what I was shopping for. Ultimately ended up selecting a company and policy slightly more expensive than the one they recommended and after a brief phone call interview and few documents signed I now own an individual policy that overall took about a month of time! Overall an extremely easy process and I would have no hesitation in recommending policygenius in shopping for insurance!

Original review: May 11, 2020

My PolicyGenius experience was a breeze. During the same time period that I got long-term disability insurance through PolicyGenius, I was getting another kind of insurance with a different broker, and by comparison, my experience with PolicyGenius was much more enjoyable! PolicyGenius is well organized, communicates status updates, was prompt with next steps, and contacted the insurance provider directly on my behalf multiple times when I had very detailed questions. I also spoke with PolicyGenius agents quite a few times over chat and phone with concerns and questions. They were fantastic at explaining details and helping me feel comfortable. They never made me feel dumb for having lots of questions. I will definitely use PolicyGenius in the future to shop for insurance.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Policy Genius paid attention to details and got me the best deal. They backdated my application by a few weeks to put me in the age bracket where I would get lower rates, even though I dropped the ball and didn't get back to them for like forever once my application was approved. Also, the people I dealt with were good listeners and took time to find out answers to some questions I had about the policy I was considering. Thanks Policy Genius.

Original review: April 14, 2020

This team made a very confusing process simple and straightforward. We worked through several changes and they always were there to guide and help me. Rapid response time and easy to set up phone meetings to further discuss questions. Took the stress out of applying for disability insurance. 10/10 recommend!

Original review: April 14, 2020

It was really nice working with a company like Policygenius to hold my hand through a process I knew nothing about. They stuck with me from the very beginning to the very end and helped me find a policy to fit my needs. Thank you so much Policygenius team!

Original review: April 13, 2020

All the agents I interacted with were very helpful and skilled at explaining the details of my policy options. I felt like they took the time to understand my personal situation and were able to steer me towards the right choices for the most appropriate policy and best price.

Original review: April 11, 2020

About a month ago I requested a quote for supplemental disability insurance. After doing the phone interview with the proposed insurance company I received three more calls from the same contractor that company had contracted with to perform this duty. While I will give Policy Genius the benefit of the doubt, I asked on numerous occasions for my approved modified policy in writing which they could not provide at the time they said I was approved. Instead, they sent me an invitation to discuss the policy without offering anything in writing, including the terms and the conditions of the policy offer. In order to expedite the process or remedy any issues raised, I even offered to go to a doctor on my own dime to get my blood drawn and get a full physical. I was told because this policy had a no physical exam requirement; I was not able to do this. Please drop the bait and switch tactics.

Original review: April 10, 2020

My interactions with Policygenius have been efficient and organized throughout each step of applying for disability insurance. The quotes provided were clear and my questions were answered by the customer services team. I now have a policy I am happy with that gives me much more security.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Overall the experience was very positive! Updates relative to the status of application were frequently received and the staff provided assistance through all steps of the process. I would strongly recommend the service for anyone seeking this important backup coverage.

Policygenius Disability Insurance Company Information