Consumer Complaints and Reviews
They offer ample coverage, options are available depending on your individual needs and wants and financial level. An adviser reviews with you all of the options and you can choose from there by yourself or with his or her guidance. The policy terms offered are expansive. They offer several levels/terms - 10, 20, etc plus they offer term life. Again all of this depends on your individual status and needs. The customer service representatives are always available to answer any questions that you may have. Also important to note that customer service are English speaking. The premium is usual and customary for this type of product. However once you add in the value of the extras, one will see that premiums are quite competitive.
The coverage options were great. They have many different coverage plans and you can make payment plans too. My coverage is great and I enjoy it very much. The policy terms were alright. They are very specific and it never changes. They will help you with the terms and they also give you forms which states all your terms and conditions.
The customer service was great. They were very caring, helpful, and kind. They answered all my questions very well and they do everything they can to make your experience better. If you need anything they have a 24 hour line to call. The premium price was alright. You can make payments if you need to or if you are late they will work with you. My premium never goes up and I can afford it. They made it to where it fits my budget and I am glad I got this.
They really came through for me when I needed them the most. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone in the market for disability insurance. Policy terms were easy to understand, not complicated and all my questions were answered without hesitation and in depth. There is no room for miscommunication or misconception on the policy terms. Customer service Representatives were always there for me anytime I had a question or a concern. They are very knowledgeable and can help you with any issue that you might have. Policy premiums were significantly lower than other companies offering the same policy. It is a very good deal especially just having peace of mind.
Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor
Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.
More about Matthew→
MassMutual has been offering insurance since 1851. It is a mutually funded insurance company, which means that consumers are considered shareholders and are eligible to vote for the Board of Directors and/or receive dividends.
- Retirement planning included: Users may be able to replace contributions to their retirement plans with some of the benefits they receive from this company's disability insurance.
- Customizable policies: Consumers can choose the features that best meet their needs, such as policy length, inflation riders or supplemental services, and they can change their policies at any time.
- Partial disability option: Users can elect to get partial disability coverage so that they can work in a limited capacity following a disability.
- Inflation riders available: Users can elect to automatically add additional protection as their salary grows so that they will get more coverage when more is at stake.
- Long and short-term insurance available: Users can get the insurance policies that best meet their needs as far as length of coverage.
- Best for People recovering from surgery, people who have been injured and people with a chronic condition.
Compare Disability Insurance
MassMutual Disability Income Insurance Company Profile
- Company Name:
- MassMutual Disability Income Insurance
- Year Founded:
- 1295 State Street
- Postal Code:
- United States