3.47/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

MassMutual Disability Income Insurance

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

MassMutual Disability Income Insurance Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2018

This company is great until you submit a claim for disability. They constantly harass you until the point you have to hire a lawyer to deal with them. You spend a third of your monthly disability check on lawyers just so you can get paid. I would strongly recommend to stay away from this company.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Upon accepting me as a client, the customer service was excellent. During my time as I client, about two years, I experienced one major difficulty with my account and trust. Stocks I requested to be purchased were not purchased. Months went by before I noticed. A friend in my investing circle called to congratulate me as one of our stocks had turned a big profit. I called MassMutual only to hear disappointing news. This resulted in the loss of around 25K for me.

The senior adviser told me that no one would collect on that stock, as it was not supposed make such gains. It was a mistake and would be corrected. He said I was not at any loss at all. I waited. After over a year, I spoke with my friends again. They all collected, and none of them paid anything back. I tried to find out what that senior adviser had to say about the ordeal. I called, kept getting VM. I sent an email. He would not answer my questions regarding the stock. I do not know if he is ill informed, confused or dishonest. Either way, I got my money the heck out of there.

Get expert buying tips about Disability Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 24, 2017

This company is a joke. They really need to be investigated by somebody anybody. I am tired of their harassment and rude remarks not to mention how the heck they even became my mortgage holder. I was with Bank of America. They have raised my escrow for taxes. That was not in my original agreement. They have sent more than one letter stating my insurance was cancelled and tried to force theirs on me. My policy never lapsed. I just don't understand how these people can get away with jerking people around. So done with them. Am looking to refinance asap. If they don't ruin my credit first for any and all out there stay as far away from these people as possible.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Great help and lots of options. Willing to let you pay your own bills. They'll pay for you want. Some monthly, weekly, pretty much whatever you need. All in all really great company to work with. Mostly they want to help and they want to be there to assist you so you can do with your recovery and not worried about the money. Go to calling to check and make sure everything is going well. Any question you have just a phone call away and they will fix anything for you. 24 hours a day 7 days a week someone is always available to assist you. Worth every penny for the coverage. Don't know what I would have done without them willing to assist at any given point in any way they can.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

They provide several different options to meet each individuals or families needs. Their programs that are offered were a good fit for my needs. The policy terms provided by this company were very reasonable and fair. The customer service was very friendly and personable. They met all of my needs. I would recommend to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MassMutual Disability Income Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

They offer great coverage and many different types which is really helpful and great. We need more companies that try and put the customer first. They have good policy terms that are explained in detail so that you can really try and understand what you are getting and that helps take the stress away when making a choice.

They also offer good customer service which is really nice to know someone is there to help try and answer a question or try and explain things to you the best they can. They offer good premiums and what you can afford.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

They had a wide variety of options for people with certain disabilities but lots of limitations and fine print to go along with it. Though, all insurance terms to me are too intricate and have many loopholes that allows the company with too much deniability within the system. They were nice but did not go into exact detail of what we are getting ourselves into when we sign up, so maybe a little apprehension there. The cost is okay but you get what you pay for and sometimes they can even deny you that, so you never know if something might affect it negatively.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

MassMutual's different coverage options and premium price are all affordable. The policy terms are great. They're one hundred percent affordable and they don't ever switch their terms. The people that work over there are really nice and they go out of your way to help you and make sure everything is okay for everyone. I recommend everyone should buy this insurance.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

The company was able to cover all of my health issues without putting too much harm on my wallet. I did not have much hassle either. Generally I have to call companies over and over to get my coverage but not here. Fair policy terms, my deductible did not break my wallet. On top of that they did not pull the stuff that other companies pull where somehow me getting sick is a pre-existing condition. Sometimes my doctor's office would need to contact the company and they dealt with customer service primarily but when I did it was quick and easy. However, I ended up changing companies because of the cost of the premium. The price was somewhat affordable perhaps for others but for me it was quite out of my price range, for now.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The coverage options are truly outstanding and efficient. Also, it helps out a whole lot that the coverage is told to you from the beginning of the process so you know what you're getting. The policy terms are truly outstanding and very to the point of being accepted by the persons signing it. It was very professional and the process is simple and clear. Their customer service is truly one of a kind. They are really remarkable by the way they handle all situations. The premium price is the best I have ever seen to this given date. The price never goes up. What you pay is what is given to you at the beginning of the process.

MassMutual Disability Income Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

MassMutual has been offering insurance since 1851. It is a mutually funded insurance company, which means that consumers are considered shareholders and are eligible to vote for the Board of Directors and/or receive dividends.

• Retirement planning included: Users may be able to replace contributions to their retirement plans with some of the benefits they receive from this company's disability insurance.

• Customizable policies: Consumers can choose the features that best meet their needs, such as policy length, inflation riders or supplemental services, and they can change their policies at any time.

• Partial disability option: Users can elect to get partial disability coverage so that they can work in a limited capacity following a disability.

• Inflation riders available: Users can elect to automatically add additional protection as their salary grows so that they will get more coverage when more is at stake.

• Long and short-term insurance available: Users can get the insurance policies that best meet their needs as far as length of coverage.

• Best for: People recovering from surgery, people who have been injured and people with a chronic condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky