Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Kemper - Auto
1.26/5

Kemper - Auto

Kemper sells many types of insurance, including auto insurance. InsuraMatch is not working with Kemper yet, buy you can get multiple quotes from 26 verified carriers within minutes by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Kemper offers low-cost car insurance to 26 states. Most customers who have switched to this company claim to have saved 20% on their insurance premiums. Many customers are also happy with their claims experience. The company carries basic and customized insurance packages and high-risk policies that other companies do not offer.

PROS

• Insurance enhancements to Protect Your Wallet, Protect Your Sanity and Protect Your Family
  • High-risk policies
  • Competitive rates compared to big brands
  • A wide selection of discounts, such as referral, married couple, loyalty and senior discounts
  • Easy online quote process

CONS

• Not all vehicle brands and models covered
  • Limited availability statewide

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

150 Kemper - Auto Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I filed a claim with Kemper after being hit by someone who carries a Kemper's auto policy. After two months, I only received a letter saying: “We are investigating the accident.” Even the other side sent me texts and emails acknowledged it was his phone. They NEVER return phone call or emails to give you an update. I reported Kemper to BBB and CDI (California Dept. Insurance) for their bad practices.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Someone hit my wife's Range Rover with this ** insurance and she called never get it back. And the agent's name is Carmen. If there's a review can give 0 I will do that... Now the body shop refuse to give us the car.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Connie ** was person assigned, she has done everything that she can to attempt to not pay claim. Kemper insured was driving a vehicle in Texas without registration when she slammed into Father in Law truck. This employee has used every ploy in attempt to no pay the claim. This has gone on since 6/8/19 and it’s now 7/27/19. I’m already speaking with my lawyer to start process to sue both Kemper and their insured, Caprice **. I received a call last week from Kemper stating I was behind on my monthly payment... How ignorant.. I don’t and never have or will use Kemper for any insurance needs! Still waiting for response from finally getting Kemper adjusters coming and taking pictures on 7/17/19 of damage their insured did.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I happy. Very pleased with the service and options I was given. Rates have stayed lower than the competitors for the last few years. I would recommend this company to anyone looking. I am a client for life.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had Kemper Insurance for many many years, for whatever reason, never checked/verified if I had a good, reasonable rate. A year after I sold my home in 2017, I realized that they have been still doing automatic withdrawal on my account. After months and months, back and forth with Stromsoe Agency and Kemper main office, I was going to be issued a refund on Feb 2019, but instead they managed to put all the monies directly to my car insurance, which the rate skyrocketed to almost double for them not to return any refund! I automatically cancelled Kemper Insurance and saved almost $2000 on car insurance with another reputable company! BE VERY AWARE WITH KEMPER! UNTRUSTWORTHY COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kemper?

Original review: June 19, 2019

I had a hit and run accident recently. Fortunately, I saw the other driver's plate number but I did not have an evidence. I reported to Kemper insurance and police. Holly (Claim department) was very rude and I felt that she does not want to do anything to help me with the claim. I reported to her supervisor about her attitude. I am switching my insurance because of her service. Good bye Kemper!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

The company gave me the run around from an incident that took place in a parking lot of a restaurant we were eating at. Basically they kept putting us on hold. Got our information after a week trying to make a claim, lied they were sending someone out to find out damage. They never did. After a week of waiting for someone to come out, who never showed out and repeated phone calls and being on hold, we talked to an adjuster Ms.Iscard ** who says we were at fault for going into a hole in parking lot which was left uncovered by a work crew that morning. They wanted us to pay for our damage after weeks of no response. Never get insurance thru them. Not worth it. They fake fake fake.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We had an accident March 22 and filed a claim with Kemper. An uninsured driver was driving a car that was insured by Kemper and was at fault (that's what the police officer told us) yet, we come to find out, they will not be taking responsibility. We received one call in reference to the incident. When you call about your claim it asks you to enter your adjuster’s extension. When you do, the voicemail tells you she will be notified you called. Well, I've done that several times and did not receive a callback. I called a few times and held on the line for another adjuster which never came on the line. I called back and hit the button to file a new claim. They answered right away so I told them I needed to know the status of my claim.

They brought it up and placed me on hold, lo and behold, Yolanda was on the line. Well, she was no help at all. She informed me that they were not responsible and would not be paying. Well, I need something in writing stating that, so the deductible I have to pay through my insurance is lowered. I was told they are still waiting for information to be updated in their system and have no time frame of when it will happen. 21 days have gone by and they still haven't updated their system? This is very bad customer service. I hope people read all these reviews before getting insured by Kemper, and hope that no one gets hit by someone insured by Kemper because you will be out of luck.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I've had Kemper specialty as my insurance company for years. I got a way better insurance policy through State Farm. Upon calling to cancel the woman was rude and said I can only cancel in writing and it's gonna cost me $50. FOR WHAT? Believe all these poor reviews! This company sucks! I got full coverage for the same price I was paying for the lowest liability insurance through Kemper. I was also hit by an uninsured motorist and had zero luck even filing a claim. SCAM!

Original review: April 25, 2019

Don't even deal with these people. Get a lawyer. ALL THE REVIEWS ARE TRUE! THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY EVER! ESPECIALLY A JAMES **! MY Car has been at the body shop for a week with no estimate and no transportation to and from work! The girl who hit me was not even on her parent insurance! I’m just gonna file a lawsuit against the whole company! I Rate NO STARS AT ALL!

Kemper - Auto Company Information