Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Kemper - Auto
1.23/5

Kemper - Auto

Kemper sells many types of insurance, including auto insurance. InsuraMatch is not working with Kemper yet, buy you can get multiple quotes from 26 verified carriers within minutes by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Kemper offers low-cost car insurance to 26 states. Most customers who have switched to this company claim to have saved 20% on their insurance premiums. Many customers are also happy with their claims experience. The company carries basic and customized insurance packages and high-risk policies that other companies do not offer.

PROS

• Insurance enhancements to Protect Your Wallet, Protect Your Sanity and Protect Your Family
  • High-risk policies
  • Competitive rates compared to big brands
  • A wide selection of discounts, such as referral, married couple, loyalty and senior discounts
  • Easy online quote process

CONS

• Not all vehicle brands and models covered
  • Limited availability statewide

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Kemper - Auto Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

On June 22, 2019; I was struck by a Kemper Insurance insured vehicle on the passenger side of my 2017 Chevrolet Cruze causing bodily injury to myself and my minor daughter. The Kemper Insured vehicle a 1999 Honda Civic ran a stop sign and then fled the scene at a high rate of speed committing a hit and run with bodily injury which is a felony crime in Arizona. After a search for the vehicle and responsible party, I filed a claim with Kemper Insurance for the car damage and bodily injury. The claim was initially assigned to I. ** who did nothing with the claim so I had to file with my insurance.

Kemper Insurance has acted in bad faith since the start of this claim. Adjustors and supervisors have refused to take calls, return calls and to deal with my claim in good faith. Kemper Insurance has not done a proper investigation for my claim nor has this company accepted liability for the hit and run stating that the driver had no coverage despite being authorized by the owner to drive.

Kemper Insurance has lied and misrepresented coverages for their policy under the doctrine of permissible use which states if a driver other than the owner has permission to operate the vehicle they are covered under the policy if not expressly excluded from the policy. The driver who committed the hit and run had permission to drive from the owner which is clearly stated in the hit and run police report. Kemper Insurance is in violation of Arizona insurance laws and regulations by not covering this hit and run and has passed the buck to my insurance company to pay for their driver's actions.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Xemper Auto Infinity (Auto Insurance). WARNING ⚠️DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! 10/18/2019 My husband added my vehicle to his existing policy. 11/07/19 I was leaving Old Saint Augustine Plaza and stationery at the Yield to oncoming traffic on Old Saint Augustine Road. A driver rear ended my vehicle, she apologized we took photos and exchanged details (date stamp evidence of this exchange) and I submitted a claim to Xemper on 11/08/19 claim number **.

11/19/19 I called to follow up on the clip and was advised that an attempt to reach me had been made and that they were unable to proceed as they had more questions. RED FLAG???? # 1 an efficient claims processor will. Ensure they gather *all* relevant information related to the claim during the initiation of the said claim.

I was then asked, when and where and from who did I purchase the vehicle. I was also asked, about my insurance history prior to Xemper, after providing most of the information and the previous insurer prior to Xemper, I was pressed for more detail. This information was not requested when I signed up (therefore also not relevant) it is also not relevant to the incident or claim. I am utterly appalled at the level of obstruction and abuse of power by this insurance company. The experience is very disappointing - I urge any prospective consumer to consider this before taking the plunge and partnering with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Agreeing with everyone here. It’s a complete nightmare. I waited almost a month for anyone to contact me and my adjuster, my ex, my bf and myself trying to get hold of Kemper. I knew who the adjusters name was for a while and then they claim he only just got assigned to it. We contacted the call center. Absolutely no number for the adjuster and only an email from the supervisor/manager. Almost a week later we got the supervisors number. They brought an appraiser out to assess the damage. My car is a total loss. Mind you I work 7 days a week and only have one car in which I put nearly $6000 to fix it up.

I had the car for only one year (yes I bought a car from someone else who lied to me about what needs to be done to it. I’m a girl. zzz). Anywho, so I’m with a title loan that helped pay for the fixing and I have to deal with probably the lowest rating insurance company. No one told me to take it to a body shop to check the damage cost. No one is giving me a rental car. No one clearly just gives no .... about it. Now my ex is trying to get to the bottom of this and now they changed the adjuster just this morning told by the supervisor. I honestly don’t even care anymore. It’s not worth the struggle nor headaches. Depression hit because I am in that car 24/7. I got a text message stating that my car is a total loss and take my things out of it and surrender it. Okayyy, but where? What about the DMV? What about my insurance holder? I can’t get a hold of anyone to know. What am I suppose to do next with no car that was never my fault to begin with????

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My parked car was hit by a Kemper Auto customer over a month ago and I am still waiting for this claim to be resolved!!!! They totaled out my car, and provided me with the total loss payment amount, then nothing.... They never sent the check to my finance company to pay off the car!!!! Because it's been over a month. My car payment is due again and I have to pay for a car I no longer have because they dont want to issue the payment.

I have called both the adjuster Rick ** and the supervisor Greg ** to no avail! No one is calling me back. My finance company has also been calling both Rick and Greg and to date has not received a call back. This is absolutely unprofessional and unethical. This company needs to be fined and shut down! I am amazed at all the negative reviews this company has received (all basically the same complaints) and nothing is being done! All of these reviews are 1000% accurate! Do not use this company and good luck if you're a "Victim" of theirs. They deserve 0 stars but I had to give them 1 to add my review.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I was rear ended by an individual carrying Kemper insurance. They took my claim and have yet to call me back. I've left several messages for the adjuster and supervisor. I have involved my insurance company which has assigned a liability adjuster to get through Kemper. Very unethical business practice!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kemper?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Worst WORST insurance company ever! Agent that's taking care of your claim never ever gets back to you, even after leaving several emails and voice messages. I had to call several times until I finally got somebody to tell me the information of the driver who hit my car. So I had to call Farmers Insurance myself in order to see how to proceed with fixing my car. When I was speaking to the agent representing Farmers Insurance I had asked him why haven't they reached out to me? As it turns out he had called the agent at Kemper several times and never did they call back! So, he was never able to get my phone number to process the claim. Honesty please go anywhere else! Even if you have to pay a little extra it's way worth it because Kemper has the worst customer service, the worst sense of business morale and work ethic! I wish I could give them zero because they don't deserve any more than that...

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Same as the others... One of Kemper's customers lost control of a moving truck that collided with other vehicles and resulted in significant damage to our property. In the last 12 weeks we have been told several times that they would have a response for us in the next 2 business days or by the end of the week, and not once did anyone get back to us with a response. They have switched claims reps and adjusters, each of whom claims they don't know anything about the previous person assigned to the claim or what happened before they received the file.

3 months of myself, our own insurance rep, and the management company for the building all reaching out to Kemper to resolve the claim, and we are still nowhere. After reviewing dozens of similar complaints online and on the BBB website, it is clear that Kemper has a pattern of acting in bad faith to delay/avoid settling claims at all costs. Unfortunately at this point, we have to pursue other avenues to resolve the matter. If you are considering using Kemper for any insurance needs, PLEASE RECONSIDER. Pay a little extra to have an insurance company that will actually do what you are paying them for.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I cannot express how stunned and frustrated I am at how slow, incompetent, uncommunicative and unethical I find this company to be. I've been a customer for close to ten years. I submitted my first ever claim (we hit a dear that ran into the road) almost six weeks ago. Six weeks I've been waiting for my claim to be finalized and resolved. Every step with Kemper has been elongated and drawn out. They made errors filing the initial claim so it was rejected. They sent someone out to estimate it who was not an expert, and made an incredible amount of errors (didn't include funds for replacement parts that she marked as damaged, sourced used replacement parts that were damaged and unusable, submitted funds for the wrong kind of paint, the list goes on).

Since then we've had to submit supplemental claim after supplemental claim to try and recover the cost. Each claim has been reduced below what it cost to fix the car. Our car has been finished by the auto body shop for a week now, and neither myself or the auto body shop can get Kemper to finalize or approve the needed supplemental claim. To reiterate, we have been without our car for six weeks and still have no answers. Please, please, please, please if you are reading this and deciding upon an insurance company, do not go with Kemper.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My boyfriend got hit by a person who has Kemper as their insurance company. So they had him download an app to take pictures. Then had his car towed to the Benz Shop just for them to give him the run around for 4 months so they didnt have to pay for fix his car. They only paying to get paint job done. I wouldnt recommend anyone to them if they was the only insurance company left on this planet.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Dealing with customer service to change the name on my account has been a nightmare. It's extremely disorganized. I'm unable to log into my account for no apparent reason and am forced to use the "EZ PAY" feature which means I don't get to view any of my account specifics. I was referred to Kemper when I purchased my car but will NOT be using them after this initial six month period ends. Save yourself the trouble.

Kemper - Auto Company Information