Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

3.9/5 (1524 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: July 27, 2021

Kaiser has always been known for long wait times, but today, I waited in a 20 minute line to check in for urgent care. As I checked in, I was told it was going to be a 4.5-5.5 hour wait. 6 hours later, I headed across the street to the pharmacy because the pharmacies in that building were closed. Some of the nurses were AMAZING, and of course you had a few super grouchy ones, but I can’t really blame them. The waiting room had sick people standing along the walls and sitting on the gross floors. The bathroom floor was covered in water because of a leaking toilet, which I overheard patients reporting to staff twice, yet nothing was ever done about it. It was pretty ridiculous. At the same time, they were telling people in the ER that they had at least a 10 hour wait ahead of them. Kaiser insurance is REALLY expensive and the care we all received there today and during other visits as well is not worth the cost.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I have KP through a union retirement. After a few years, I am counting the days to Medicare Open Enrollment so I can switch out of KP Medicare Advantage and into full Medicare with a Medicare Supplement. Basically, I am asking that if you are thinking of an insurance provider, skip KP, even if you pay a little extra. More details in October after I switch, but for now here are some basics...*PCP is OK, not a deal breaker. *Specialists are questionable. Very unresponsive to patient questions. *Facilities are acceptable if they are nearby. My specialty appts. require a 24 mile drive. When I get changed over, I will be burning my KP card like people burn their mortgage and post it on YouTube.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Employee falsely accused ** man of stealing son's phone, then told him to go ** himself when the kid found it. Disgusting people work here, clearly. I will never patronize this business until she is fired.

Original review: July 9, 2021

WORST healthcare insurance you can ever imagine. About a month ago I had this skin condition that developing scars all over my body, so I reached out and want to see a dermatologist. BUT GUESS WHAT, despite paying thousands dollar each month almost for a decade, they said the dermatology department is special referral only.

OKAY, so I tried to set up an appointment with my family doctor, but she was out for more than a week, so I had to set up an appointment with another doctor, who did nothing but telling me it’s Lyme disease, which is a very severe skin condition. HOWEVER, my skin condition looked nothing like Lyme disease, and the doctor was smiling when he told me that it doesn’t matter since the prescribe medicine for all skin problems is the same. He didn’t even bother to take a closer look, so I was like ???!! Forgot to mention, KP currently does not allow any skin problems patient to see doctor in person unless you first meet up with a doctor online and that doctor allows you to go see in person.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, HOW CAN ALL SKIN PROBLEM BE ACCURATELY IDENTIFIED ONLINE? In my case, the doctor obviously made a mistake and didn’t even bother to care. So I called the KP, and they set up an appointment with my family doctor after a week of my inquiry. But what was even more ridiculous was the fact they called me less than an hour before my appointment told me that the appointment is canceled since the doctor couldn’t make it. So I have to wait another week for next available appointment.

KP really doesn’t care their patients at all, doesn’t matter blister and scares developing all over your body every single day. You probably will only get a chance to see a dermatologist or even visit in person once your problem develops into something super severe. Isn’t this funny yet triggering? GO FOR SOME OTHER INSURANCE CARRIERS IF YOU CAN!

Original review: June 24, 2021

I had an appointment today at Kaiser OBGYN department. Dr. Salina ** and the assistant Gena were so nice and professional. They took their time to make me comfortable and encouraged me. Thanks for both.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Their mental health dept is horrible. They are not about finding solutions to their patient's issues. All they care about is breaking up families by either calling the cops or the county. A therapist from there couldn't help me and my mom resolve our interrelationship issues. She called the county after the first time for no reason. On my mom's therapy session I confronted the therapist and she said supposedly I was verbally abusive to my mom which is inaccurate and cuz of that she is gonna call the county again. I strongly recommend if you need any mental help then don't go through Kaiser Permanente cuz their arbitration process is crap since I thinking of filing a formal complaint against this particular therapist but it will only go on deaf ears.

Original review: May 27, 2021

My coverage started less than a month ago after I was solicited over the phone. I was told that I could keep my current doctors even if they were not Kaiser doctors. I asked straight-out if they were not with Kaiser would my bill just default to Medicare. The salesman said "Yes". I said I wanted to make sure because I had heard differently and he reassured me that it was true. I then asked if that was not the case could I cancel at any time. He said I could. After three appts with my regular doctors not under Kaiser, when Medicare kicked-back the bill I learned I was responsible for about $400. I quickly called Kaiser to lodge a complaint and to cancel. The complaint won't be addressed for 30 days. And they are telling me that I can only cancel during open enrollment period.

I tried to call Jim Simpson, Georgia Regional President. The regional office would not connect me, give me his email or his address. I finally found the company's CEO, Greg Adams. I will write him. They just tell Lie after Lie and now I am in terrible trouble. I'm on disability and need my regular team of physicians. I should have never listened. Be sure you know what you are getting into before you do this.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Kaiser is convenient but patient information should somehow be consolidated for all departments. My feedback from each Dr. is based only on the information I have with that Dr. and I have to keep informing each Dr. in each department of my medications, recent symptoms, etc. in order to receive proper feedback and guidelines for my health otherwise I don’t receive the best advice for my overall health. Kaiser can/should improve on their patients overall experience and make things smoother for their clients especially for something as important as their health.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Kaiser sucks. They take forever to see you. Don’t run the necessary test, the only thing they are good at is taking the patient's money. Can’t wait for November to change this corrupt insurance. I advise people to get some other insurance, medical is better!

Original review: March 21, 2021

My husband and I have been Kaiser Permanente (KP) members for the past two years. I am currently unemployed and my husband has a contractual job and it's painful to see hundreds of dollars spent every month just to receive a terrible service. Primary doctors practice cookbook medicine instead of INDIVIDUALIZED management to the patients. We experienced first-hand frustrations from my husband's primary care when the KP computer won't let him order a simple stool exam because my husband is less than 45 years old. My husband is being worked up for anemia and a basic stool exam for a young patient was impossible for the doctor to order.

For my case, I ended up going to another private specialist for my hormonal management. True enough, my Kaiser doctor was not aware that for women of childbearing age, TSH level should be <2.5. I didn't mind paying more for the Private Specialist. She explained every tests she ordered and the symptoms I was experiencing. So presently, I'm paying a private specialist to manage my endocrine problems on top of monthly Kaiser health insurance.

Overall, our experience with KP primary care was terrible. Doctors are overloaded with patients and paperworks. They type at their computers all throughout the consult. They just wanna get rid of you as fast as they can. They are being dictated with their computers and if the algorithm won't let them refer to a specialist or order laboratories, they just CAN'T.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information