Humana Health Insurance

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Following instructions received from Humana, I attempted to renew consents by clicking the options provided. Using several paths that I thought might work, I kept getting instructions to try again later. I don't want to try again later... It takes an act of Congress to even get signed into my account. I dread using this site because of the sign-in procedure and the fact that I either have to keep trying again later.

Humana Health Insurance offer a good deal on preventive care, like x-rays and cleaning, but not on crowns, fillings, root canals and extractions, but the dentist office offers interest free financing.

My doctor no longer accepts Humana. Now I'm having problems finding a newer doctor that will. My old doctor sent me to a specialist for my hearing because my left eardrum is blown out. I don't want to lose my dr and would rather change insurance companies without the hassle. But I'm having a hard time changing my health care plan.

All dental insurance is very limited in regards to dollar amount coverage. $1,000 does not cover major issues like getting root canal, crowns, implants, etc. We end up paying the bulk of the costs, rather than, say 20%, as you would in medical plans.

They should help with the cost with dent or should help with keeping the teeth that are good. Sometimes not all the teeth are bad but they would like pulled and that are good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

I get in and out timely. They are very patient and appointments when I need them without a long wait. They are willing to work with my schedule.

My car was broken into on the 10th of April. Cash, jewelry, a few other items and my prescription meds were stolen. I take these meds multiple times every day, and if I stop abruptly I go through awful withdrawals. I have severe anxiety and PSTD, and the meds treat both. As a law student, I CANNOT afford not to have my medication. I've barely been able to leave the house, and my final exams are one week away. I have missed so many classes because I'm so scared. I filed a police report immediately and called my doc. She wrote me a new prescription for a fewer amount than usual and said it was fine. Humana, however, was a diff story.

I called on the 10th. Told them how important it is that I resolve this asap and get my medication, for all reasons aforementioned. The rep said she filed an expedited claim & that I'd hear back w/in 24-72 hours (by which time I'd already be in hellish withdrawals). I had no choice, so said ok. After hearing nothing, I called back in the 14th of April. Rep gave me the runaround, said she'd submit another expedited claim, with the same time window. Still, 10 days later, NOTHING. I have been on the phone with them all morning, and they are saying the claim was denied bc it was filled too soon. DUH, my medication was stolen. Wtf?

Humana has let me suffer for 10 days without my medication. I may have to drop a class because of poor attendance, and I can't focus long enough to get anything done, nor can I relieve my crippling anxiety. I am physically in pain from the withdrawals, I'm so sick I can't go to class. My final exams are in one week and I am INCAPACITATED because Humana REFUSES TO HELP ME. I can't get a refill until the 4th of May, by which times I will be in full swing of Law school final exams. I am living in HELL right now. Am being punished for being burglarized, which is punishment enough! I am disgusted that they would let someone SUFFER like this. SHAME ON YOU, HUMANA.

Humana Ins. Co. has got to be the WORST insurance company I have ever dealt with! The people who are suppose to assist you with any questions you have are not very knowledgeable and sometimes quite rude. And to top things off they will not let me see the Dr. that I've been seeing for the last ten years. Even though he is one of the Drs. on their list. They say he has too many patients already. They have to split the new patients up between the other Drs. My Dr. even called Humana and told them he would take me as a patient but Humana said no. This is taking away patients from my Dr. and giving them to a Dr. people have never seen before. Don't they realize that the Dr. that has been seeing you for the last ten years knows a lot more about you than some Dr. that has never seen you.

I received auto calls from Humana that starts with (without any identifiable notice) asking Yes or No questions. It is a common phone hack in my area of country to let scammers bill your phone. I called them and customer service rep was clueless and didn't understand why I was alarmed by their attitude.

I changed from Humana to Anthem on January first, 2016. Humana has continued billing me 71.10 dollars a month for prescription coverage which I have from Anthem. I have tried repeatedly to get this stopped to no avail. I have even gotten a new account number to stop fraudulent charges but Humana follows me. I have called them repeatedly over the last year and they pat me on the head and tell me everything will be fine-- it isn't. Today I called them 4 times before I was finally given someone who told me their stupid policy. The first three times I was told they were transferring me and they just hung up on me. I believe this is company policy to see if they can make you give up. For 16 months they have stolen 71.10 dollars a month from an old lady on SS. This is a company based in Kentucky, BEWARE!

It seems I can't cancel their stupid insurance without mailing them instructions which I did today. I was never told this before. I have been told that I couldn't cancel without proof that I had other insurance. I have asked Anthem to send me a letter stating the date I started and that I am still insured by them. I am going to go to war to get my money back. I would strongly advise that you never ever consider getting any policy from these Kentucky republicans. They do believe in getting your money for the billionaires. I would never have done any business with them if I had known they are a Kentucky corporation. I don't know the order number, I disposed of all that stuff when I was sure that Anthem was up and running. I have something called the PPD ID **. I hope this helps.

I have Humana Gold Plus with RX. I have gout bad at times and been on gout med as needed. Now they tell me that my meds for gout isn't covered under their plan, instead they want $628 for a 30 day supply. If I had personal or private insurance, I can get it for $15. What's wrong with this insurance company? I'm 71 and need these meds, but can't pay for them. Gout is very painful and these people don't care to help people but fill their pockets. What a shame, we seniors are being treated almost as bad as our veterans. Investigate before you buy or you'll have the same problem I'm having. Good luck.

I went to Humana for gap coverage between COBRA and Medicare, and now I will be poorer by $3,920 for an emergency room visit one month before my 65th birthday. Neither Piedmont hospital in Atlanta nor Humana deigned to let me know, though the salesperson was eager to sell me a policy, that Humana has no contract with the nearest hospital to me. No recourse now but to take Humana to court. It is fraudulent to solicit a customer without alerting him to significant holes he is likely to encounter in his coverage. Also, Piedmont was remiss to tell someone on a fixed income that he can afford to fork over 25% of his income to that hospital, because of Humana, is obscene. Both outfits make a mockery of Affordable Health Care, and so does the serpentine healthcare.gov. Come the revolution, bloodsuckers, guess what...

New CAPTCHA security blocks log-in for days. Humana web support says it's a known issue. Placed another "ticket" for correction. Not fixed. Have waited twenty-two days for official word on approval of out-patient PT for my wife post-knee replacement (VERY routine). Best we can get is informal word from Humana's outside contractor. Humana Customer Service, benefits, and "approvals" has no record of any PT being approved. Apparent breakdown between third-party contractor and Humana - several weeks duration and counting. Nice reps - very nice. Awful automated systems.

Please be careful. I have not work since January 2017, HUMANA refuses to pay out my premium. This has cause me to get behind with my bills. HUMANA keeps sending me letters saying they need papers and information that's been giving to them several times!!! Spoke to an agent today, told me they will be sending me a 28.00 check W.I.T.H again trying to avoid paying!!! AGAIN BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

First off stage III heart failure. I received a letter from Humana asking me to change to their mail pharmacy. Three months of medication at a time. Great. Save me from waiting at other pharmacy. First order 7 out of 8 medications came. Then bam doctor did not sign off on prescription. Got that fixed and had it faxed to Humana. Everything looked fine until 7 days later and no meds. Spent 8 hours to find the doctor had sent in order that read 1 every 4 hours or as need. Humana thought it read funny so they stop the order. Called my doctor and you all know how doctors respond, call back at their leisure.

So anyway, called Humana and spent 8 hours to find out there really are no one in charge just a bunch of yes men who can do nothing. My advice is corporations don't care so let's respond the same way. Drop them like a rock post and talk to as many people as you can. Let the people change this. You can. Your voice is what we need. Tell everybody you see or know they will change or their corporation will die. Do it now.

My experience is Humana has pretty good coverage, but here's the part that is terrible - they will pepper me with annoying calls either from Humana Pharmacy or my general healthcare, but when I call them to ask a questions, I'll be put on hold for obscenely long waits. Today I waited over 50 minutes to get an answer about my dental coverage (3 different calls - I gave up twice).

I was put on meds for high BP and I have Spinal Stenosis so I'm taking **. I pay $104.00 per month out of my $570.00 I get on my SSI to see a Dr. I have yet to see one. I have seen only a NP. This yahoo from whatever country he came from almost killed me. I ran out of meds and so I called it in and they said it was at the usual Wal-Mart so I went to pick it up and they said it was not approved for them because it was in a delivery system (WHAT!). 7 to 10 days. I went to the Dr office and the manager there said she would fix it. She did not.

The next day I called Wal-Mart and they said the same thing as before. No insurance. So I spent three hours getting this straightened out. I was in so much pain I had to go to a neighbor to borrow a pill from him. He takes the same stuff. I had an appointment today so I went in and confronted this NP and he ran like a little girl. The office manager came in and told me I should get another care provider. If you ask me I never had one to begin with. If I were a person who had a heart problem and this happened, he would be dead. I pay to see a DR not a NP. I want my money back. That's like paying for a Mercedes and getting a Kia. I live in Las Vegas & this is not over. :(

I've paid for a prescription plan for many years, and always got my generic ** and thyroid med for no extra costs. In Jan 2017, I ordered a 90 day supply of **, at no cost. Then, when refill time arrived, I was told I had to pay $8. Why? Because they "reclassified the drug". I told them that I am paying over $200 a year for a prescription plan, and refuse to pay more. They said, "Sorry." That's it. It is not my concern that their CEO makes 10-20 million dollars a year, but don't suck more out of me and give him $8 more. When I tried to opt out, they said I can't. I despise them. Rip-off. The GOOD news is that they are leaving Georgia at the end of 2017, per news. If they don't leave, I will be leaving them.

Again "You don't need this." 75 year old man fell and tore up leg. X-ray revealed not broken but damaged. Prescription given for swelling. Took it to Walmart and was informed that Humana says "he doesn't need this". Did they see x-rays? No. Did they examine him? No. Did they read medical report? No... Just "He doesn't need this". I feel that Humana has no qualm about the elderly suffering.

I filed a fraud claim with Centers for Medicaid on behalf of my 85 year old mother and the Physical Therapy she never received. Humana was to investigate and answer the claim. It has been two years and I am still getting bills from the provider. Every time I call Humana I get a different person or State. In June 2016, Robert ** in the Kentucky office sent a letter saying my Mom's liability was only $206.71 (which I paid) of the $1100.00 billed and the claim was to be settled.

It is now March of 2017 and I am still receiving monthly statements for $718.00. When I spoke to Robert ** today, he mocked me, talked over the top of me, and laughed at me for thinking this is fraud even though he already indicated a year ago there was no liability. When I asked to talk to his supervisor, T.J. **, he again laughed at me. This is the most reprehensible and unprofessional behavior I have ever experienced in my entire life. My Mom just passed away a few weeks ago and this is how Humana is treating me.

I have called and talked with ten different people in Member services, HR, agent services, sales department, agent support, customer services and market support for Hillsborough County FL and I honestly can't remember who else trying to find my AGENT. YES, silly me I lost her number and address. But I thought someone somewhere in this maze they call Humana Health Insurance would be able to find the insurance agent that sold me my policy. Wow, was I wrong. It sure is a sad situation when they (Humana) don't know how to reach their own agents!!

I called to cancel my Humana plan in November 2016. I was told that all I had to do was not pay it. The representative said it would auto cancel. The person on the phone then asked if there was anything else they could help me with, I said no and hung up. It's now March of 2017. I'm still getting emails from Humana about my invoice, which is now apparently at 1300 something dollars. I contacted them again, to make sure my plan was canceled. They said IT'S NOT!! Apparently I owe all of this money, when I already tried to cancel my plan. I've had a different health insurance provider for months through my work. I'm livid, and I wish I would have recorded the original phone call. If that would even do anything..

I am currently enrolled with Humana's short term disability plan at my place of employment and I have been a member since 2011. Bi-weekly, premiums are being deducted from my payroll, as planned and as agreed upon per our contract. As of November 2, 2016, I had injured my left wrist requiring me to go on medical leave from work. As a registered nurse, my responsibility requires a lot of use of my hands, from chest compressions, spiking IV bags, heavy lifting, and the simple task of opening medicine packages to obtain a tablet and computer/typing skills. All of these tasks require the use of two hands and because of my injury, I was restricted from using my left hand.

I have followed all the steps necessary. I visited my primary physician who referred me to a hand specialist. I got the MRI done that was ordered and as a result, it is evident that there is a very high grade tear, near full thickness tear in the triangular fibrocartilage complex - as Dr. ** (hand specialist) has put it "the cartilage is hanging by a thread", which is supportive of all my symptoms - numbness to my left arm and pain to my left wrist. I have submitted my claim to Humana. All paperworks required have been filled out by myself, my primary physician, and by my place of employment, Dignity Health. Humana requires a copy of my job description, which was also submitted by Dignity Health HR.

By February 2017, my physician extended my medical leave due to the unresolved pain. Per Dr. **, the healing period for a torn cartilage will be approximately 6-8 months. This short term disability insurance from Humana is a supplemental insurance I decided to obtain back in 2011, in case of unexpected situation such as this. I wanted to be financially prepared for these unexpected times for myself and my family given that I am the sole provider. Now that I am in need of this coverage, Humana has me jumping through hoop after hoop. It has been so much of a hassle to collect what is rightfully mine.

I paid for this extra benefit out of my own pocket. My disability has been extended by my primary physician to May 2, 2017. After submitting the numerous amount of paperwork stating this recommendation, Humana still requires me to submit my doctor's notes with every visit before approving it in between visits. Fine, I have complied. I have no problem with it. I have turned in all documents. My next appointment with my physicians is on April 25, 2017, but Humana will only approve my disability only up to April 10, 2017. Go figure.

Until I can submit my doctor's notes, they cannot pay me, according to Vicky and Dawn of Humana Claims Dept. MY NEXT APPOINTMENT IS ON APRIL 25th, WHAT DOCUMENTS DO YOU WANT ME TO SUBMIT? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!! I have submitted all documents supporting that my injury is legitimate, I don't know what else is needed. Shame on you Humana. You are unfair and have clearly stepped over your boundaries!!! You have notes from all medical experts, my physicians and MRI results. What more do you need?

Just got off the phone with Humana regarding my health insurance. My question for them was why do the providers in my area keep dropping Humana and no longer accepts them for payment. I know it's not because I don't pay my premiums. I do. Even as they have risen over 30% in the last couple of years. Is it their goal to just eliminate all health care providers while racking in our premiums? Customer service hung up on me.

I was disabled and chose Humana for my insurance company. After several years I was able to work part time and I picked up a little supplemental policy that covered $6000 a year with $6000 deductible. Now Humana wants to call this new policy primary and them secondary. Humana is over $200 a month and the Blue Cross is $80 a month. Humana refused to pay for X-rays or anything else since they are claiming to be secondary now. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Do not use as their coverage is no better than Medicare primary which cost a lot less.

Words can't describe the rage inducing, incomparable, 'Twilight Zone' experiences I have had with these people over the phone. How many numbers do they have? I spoke with probably 13 different people over the course of an hour, called at least eight different numbers, got transferred over a dozen times. Got zero answers - no wait I got several idiotic, incorrect answers. It went something like, "Oh you're on a supplemental plan," "Oh you're not in our system at all," "Oh you don't even have a Humana ID," "Oh here is your Humana ID," "I can't help you with that let me keep transferring you," "Oh if you move then you're probably not covered in your new state (WHAT), yep NC is not covered (this wasn't even my question)," "Let me transfer you again to see if you can be covered in your new state," gets transferred yet again, "Hello how can I help you with getting you information on our out of network service?"

After telling the newest woman I was not interested in out of service information and was just told my plan would not work in another state, she helped inform me that yes, it would work, and I needed to be transferred back to answer my original question. Next, "Oh now you want to cancel your plan? You have to wait a year." And all this after navigating their automated phone system every time someone new got on the phone or I got pawned off to the next incompetent idiot. Kudos making an automated phone system navigation look like taking a trip to Mordor and JUMPING INTO AN ACTIVE VOLCANO WOULD BE MORE PREFERABLE. And if this review is too chaotic and jumbled to comprehend then you are getting a small taste of what it's like having to deal with this... this absolutely EVIL, god-awful company. RUN AWAY.

I have been seeing the same dentist at the same dentist office for 24 years. I have had Humana Dental for the past 3 years. Last year I had a bill that was partially paid. The reason given for not paying in full was the provider was out of network. This dentist was always in network before, so I contacted my dentist office. The dentist office explained that this had happened to all their clients with Humana for no apparent reason except that Humana decided to drop him.

Several months and phone calls later, Humana re-instated the dentist giving no reason for dropping him in the first place. The customer service is apparently farmed out to an overseas call service. I had a poor connection and asked for a call back that I never received. I called a third time in one day and after explaining my problem, my call was mysteriously dropped. After calling the fourth time, I was put on hold for over 5 minutes during which time a call came into my phone from a Kentucky exchange which turned out to be a Humana representative. I am now waiting for resolution which I have been verbally promised.

I signed up in Dec for a policy. I paid the bill, received all of the paperwork, insurance card, etc. Went to the doctor last week & they said Humana can't find you in the system. After two days of conference calls w/ Humana & Marketplace they cannot straighten this out and are making me wait until Marketplace sends them more paperwork. Even though Humana has accepted my payments and posting them SOMEWHERE! This makes no LOGICAL sense. Can someone out there help w/ this? I called the corporate office and they refuse to let me speak with anyone. I sent a complaint via their contact us link on their website and have heard nothing. Marketplace called today and said I need to call back tomorrow about this. I would like to go to the doctor now & do not have the $ to pay them up front because I just lost my job. Can't anyone recommend what else I can do? Humana has received a $1,000 of my money so far.

Two years ago, a check to me from Humana was stolen from my mailbox. I have been trying to get the check reissued for 6 months now and have spoken repeatedly to Humana's financial integrity department as well as their member services and claim department. I have spoken to 20 (TWENTY) agents and spent over 10 hours on the telephone with them. I also returned written documentation to them requesting reissuance of the check. They have repeatedly said that they will reissue the check, which has been confirmed as voided, but no check is ever issued. Humana repeatedly hangs up on me or disconnects the call. This happens virtually every single time I call them. Despite my requests to have them call me back, this never happens.

I am permanently and fully disabled and must live on what I get from Social Security. This money ($179.39) is important to me. It was overpayment of a claim. But I am at a loss as to what else I can do other than to get an attorney and sue them for both the amount of the check as well as all the emotional distress that they have caused me. NEVER EVER CONTRACT WITH HUMANA FOR ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY DO NOT PUT YOUR HEALTH OR WELL BEING IN THEIR HANDS.

THIS IS THE MOST INCAPABLE, USELESS, POORLY CONTROLLED company I have ever dealt with after a career of almost 40 years as a finance director and risk assessment specialist. The company should lose their license to do business. They have zero customer service! WHAT THEY HAVE IS CUSTOMER DISSERVICE! This is just one in a long list of problems that I have had with my health insurance coverage with them. If I could give them a negative rating I would!!!

I am a disabled nurse with Rheumatoid arthritis. I chose Humana Preferred Rx Plan because they said they covered my meds. My doctor wrote a prescription for one of the medicines, they refuse to cover it. They made me and my doctor’s office jump through hoops and still denied it.

Compare Health Insurance