Humana Health Insurance

Humana Health Insurance

4.1/5 (515 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Humana Health Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Humana Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

We move here in Sebring, FL. 6 years ago and signed with Humana Gold Plus HMO. Their plan allows for no co pay for Primary care Dr. They have many other items that are no deductible and also have dental, Vision and hearing plans. My wife have had many health problems in past 6 years and Humana has been good to us. We sometimes have to go to a larger city for Specialists. My wife developed Chronic Lymphoma Leukemia and her monthly drug bill is close to $18,000 and Humana has faithfully paid all but a couple thousand, and other help from hospital we received.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Humana HMO keeps cost down and you can take advantage of a lot online! I appreciate the Doctors, networks, online pharmacy, copays are low. I only negative feedback would be that sometimes the reps that answer the call do not really know your insurance plan well and might give wrong information. Be prepared for that.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

After verified identity, the staff are quite helpful. I really like the bonus gift cards for regular prevention screenings, and over the counter products. The prescription service may be a good idea if you want to store a bulk of medicine. Rides to and from medical appointments are covered. That's an essential service if you have no vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

The only expense I have incurred is low copay on some Rx, others have no copay. Humana calls to follow up on Dr. visits. Provide useful information on diagnosis. Great OTC benefits & rewards for exercising, classes, wellness visits & other medical procedures. I have not had any referrals or tests denied. Easy access if help is ever needed

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have had Humana Gold Plus for two years. I have had many other insurances while working for the same company in the past. Humana Gold Plus seems to be very comparable to the others. Of course this is an Advantage plan as opposed to regular insurance I had when working. I really like the mail order pharmacy but if I had a life saving medication I probably would not trust the mail with it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Humana makes it nearly impossible for physicians to get credentialed, authorize services, or resolve claims issues. There is NO PHONE number for provider relations, nearly every service requires a peer to peer (physician to physician) conference prior to approval, and the medical directors are not specialists in the discipline they are making decisions for. Don't be surprised if your physician does not accept Humana. They are simply too difficult to work with and do not operate with the patient's care as the number one priority.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

On Sept 20, 2022 I received a letter that my current plan is being changed by Humana for vision. I cannot even begin to tell you what a hassle it has been to get a live CSR. They sent me this letter but no cost?? So I tried to get that information and I have been on the phone for over 45 minutes and finally I thought I was going to be helping and then I was disconnected.. Horrible Customer Service... You have no problem take my money but for me to get a live CSR it's impossible....

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Customer service tells you're covered then claims decline. Will not let you talk with claims. One department does communicate with other. Spent 5 1/2 weeks on ventilator with covid. After 2 weeks transfer to rehab still on oxygen 24/7. Unable to sit up or roll myself over, didn't cover medical Transportation. Wouldn't cover rehab with Medicare. Worst company to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Humana sent an offer to my 90 year old mother for hearing aids at a discounted price. The affiliates name is TruHearing and the phone number is 1-877-760-7124. There ARE NO HEARING AIDS AVAILABLE when you call this number. They only offer 1st to sell you medic alert devices and then when you say you don’t want that they sell you Lawn care, Auto insurance and a whole lot of other things you don’t want. When you finally get past the sales pitches and they ask what product you are calling about, you say “Hearing Aids” and are told no such product is available. Then it asks what company are you calling about. You say TruHearing and it says it has no such product or company available. "Goodbye".

I am outraged and filling a complaint against Humana with the BBB and any other government agency I can find who will listen. Taking advantage of the elderly people with hearing loss, (many of which are suffering from dementia as the two problems are linked) is an outrage. This is the worst, most predatory marketing scheme/scam I have ever seen and to think it came directly from Humana is a disgrace. My mother lost her hearing aids and we were excited about getting them through her insurance, Humana, only to find this was a total lie and there are no hearing aids. Humana is guilty of FALSE ADVERTISING by Mail.

- Marian **, primary caregiver.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Humana Mail Order Pharmacy is the worst service I have ever encountered since I have been retired. It changed its name to CenterWell, but they still are the same crappy service. They want to charge me 150.00 for a 95.99 refill prescription. I am in the coverage gap and the photo shows that I should only pay 95.00 when using their preferred mail order. I have only paid 95.00 for each of my insulin prescriptions all year long. Even though the plan documentation agrees with my reasoning. Each employee tells you something different each time you talk with them on the phone. Do Not Use this service. "They are Thieves!"

Humana author review by Joseph Burns

Humana is one of the largest and best-known health insurance companies in the United States. It offers health care services for individuals, business owners and military personnel.

• Large variety of plans: Consumers can choose between HMOs, PPOs and other plans. There are group plans available for employers.

• Well-known company: Humana has been in business for a long time and is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.

• Supplemental and low-cost options available: Humana offers supplemental insurance for seniors and low-cost insurance for people on fixed incomes.

• HMOs and PPOs are cheaper: Health savings accounts and other plans tend to have higher premiums or higher deductibles.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Humana offers Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Advisor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Humana Health Insurance Company Information