Humana Health Insurance

Humana Health Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Humana Health Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 9, 2020

I had Humana Insurance through my employer when I went through 2 breast cancer surgeries. The hospital submitted billing errors. Humana went out of their way to correct the problems. My representative was caring and professional. My employer changed companies and I can honestly say I miss my Humana!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Monique when trying to get an expensive specialty drug that would have cost over $25,000 for a 2 month supply, which Humana ordinarily does not provide coverage for. Monique was able to obtain a letter from my Doctor’s office (Dr. Mark ** in Lincoln Nebraska) stating the necessity of that drug for my treatment and almost immediately contacted me to let me know I had been approved and that Humana was going to pay $10,000 per month towards the prescription. Kohll’ Pharmacy applied to the HealthWell Foundation for a grant on my behalf to help with the copayment and I was almost immediately approved. My out of pocket is $0. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I am on medicare and I have Humana as my insurance company. I think this is a fantastic company and I recommend them highly. They offer wonderful coverage - the pharmacy is convenient, reliable and exceptionally reasonable (most of my medications are free) and the medicines arrive by mail.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have been pleased with what Humana covers pertaining to my hip surgery and rehab!! I feel so confident with the PT and OT therapy I have received since released to skilled facility before I go home that I will be safe and learned the do's and don'ts after surgery to continue to heal and move safely after surgery.

Original review: May 14, 2020

My mother had a prescription plan with Humana. However, she died. She was issued a refund check, but she's dead, dead people can't deposit checks. I requested a refund and they refused to issue a refund for a premium my father paid. All attempts to contact them to resolve the issue have failed. They get to keep the funds and not provide any service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: March 18, 2020

Humana has the worst doctor office staff in Victorville CA. They don't answer phones or do their job. Very unprofessional rude and disrespectful. The administration office is just as bad they are slow. Humana say they are trying to help but nothing gets done. Praise God I have another health Insurance.

Original review: March 17, 2020

On paper Humana looks great. Reality is not much better than Obama care when it comes to paying claims. I first realized this when Dr offices had me sign a form guaranteeing I would pay if humana didn't approve visit or tests. Now I know why. Humana has a license to steal, they just don't pay! I will drop them 2021 even if for worse company.

Original review: March 13, 2020

They do a good old fashioned switcharoo every year. A 70 year old GRANDMOTHER needed DENTURE care. So she calls in and the sales man says she has denture coverage in November 2018. She says she never got anything about any changes. So they changed her coverage and she had no idea. Then, today, she calls in wondering about what amount of coverage she has, and they tell her she has NO COVERAGE FOR DENTURES. She's had false teeth since the 80's. She believed she had paid in enough to get something going on her some new false teeth and they say, "Well, we changed the plan on you. You didn't know. But we don't give two shakes. We aren't going to refund your money, nor will we credit you the amount that we (STOLE) from you and too bad for you!" Whatever you do. DO.NOT.USE.HUMANA.THEY'LL.STEAL.FROM.A.GRANDMOTHER.

Original review: March 10, 2020

As someone on Social Security Disability I was loving the looks of Humana's Humana Honor (PPO) plan which was going to cost me nothing out of pocket and no copay for regular office visits, it also included dental and vision. I thought SCORE. On March 9, 2020 I got a letter thanking me for switching to Humana Choice (PPO) plan that I had $71.10 due for my monthly premium and my office visit copay was now $10.00.

I called them up and asked why my plan was changed because I did not ask for the change, I was on the phone with them for 53 minutes to be told Medicare changed my plan because what I had did not include prescription, I had other prescription coverage. So after another hour on the phone with Medicare I learned that Medicare cannot change my Medicare Advantage plans without me changing it myself. Needless to say Humana still blames Medicare. I have switched plans and I am not going to pay the $71.10 that I feel I don't owe because I did not authorize the change.

Original review: March 4, 2020

In hospital with blood pressure 50/60. Had to be hospitalized and Humana denied claim. Could have died and they refused to pay for hospital stay saying didn't need to be admitted. They also denied 5 other elderly people in hospital at the same time.

Humana author review by Joseph Burns

Humana is one of the largest and best-known health insurance companies in the United States. It offers health care services for individuals, business owners and military personnel.

• Large variety of plans: Consumers can choose between HMOs, PPOs and other plans. There are group plans available for employers.

• Well-known company: Humana has been in business for a long time and is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.

• Supplemental and low-cost options available: Humana offers supplemental insurance for seniors and low-cost insurance for people on fixed incomes.

• HMOs and PPOs are cheaper: Health savings accounts and other plans tend to have higher premiums or higher deductibles.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Humana offers Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Humana Health Insurance Company Information