Humana Health Insurance

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Switched to Humana for 2016. Dropped them for 2017. It took the place of my Medicare and secondary insurance. They said it would be easier but it was not. Some of my medical providers would not accept it and DID NOT want to get on it. In fact one of my providers got upset because the Humana office that called to see if they would start accepting their insurance got pretty pushy with them.

ALL of my medical providers were unhappy with the switch. It was hard to find new medical providers that would accept me as a new patient where I have never had a problem in the past - or since I have switched back to my previous providers. Their web portal and explanation of benefits were difficult to navigate or understand. Final straw: we were on vacation in Michigan and I came down with a bad sinus infection. I went to an urgent care facility knowing it was probably out-of-network but I was too sick and time constrained to find another one. I was treated and paid the full bill for the office visit. They did cover their portion of the medications.

After returned home got online and electronically submitted and claim form using the medical codes that were listed on my paperwork from the urgent care facility. They refused the claim. Multiple calls and waiting time to be told it was missing the medical diagnostic code. Called provider, they gave me the same numbers I had previously listed. Called Humana again - would not allow me to resubmit online as would be automatically kicked out as duplicate. End of November mailed me a new form (wouldn't fax) and had to fill out again and put "corrected claim ####" at top of form.

When hadn't heard anything by mid-January called and spent a 30 minutes while they hunted for the original and the resubmitted form to file. Received another denial letter in February. Numerous calls and time to be told wrong code again. They would not tell me what the correct code for a sinus infection was. While I was online she called the providers office and left a message on their voice mail. I was told they would follow through. In March I called back and we repeated the 3 way call. Finally in July I called my Human Resources office. Only then was the case handled and I received a check to cover the out-of-network cost.

Humana never told my 81 year old mother that they would drop her insurance if she moved to another state. Her doctors in the new state didn't know this either. So she ended up with almost a 2000 dollar medical bill that Humana refused to pay. She has now been in the nursing home since 8/26 to receive physical therapy for a broken leg. The new state's Humana still has not approved her therapy. It's been 10 days. Humana is not only crooked, but they also cause harm to their customers. I will drop them for my mother as soon as open enrollment happens.

Deny, deny, deny. For the last year and a half I have had to deal with Humana's incompetence in handling and getting claims paid. They had me listed in the wrong state (LA--listed as New Orleans, LA--is not Vegas people, read the entire address!). They claimed the codes were changed--they were the same codes they approved within the same coverage year. You must have ordered something extra--nope, didn't. I chased all this idiocy for more than a year. They have the power (they think) to keep stringing you along till the end of time. They bounce you from one rep to the other, they don't care if you get cut off, or they have sent you to the wrong department. They think you will give up--DON'T.

How did I get results??? When you get a claims rep, immediately ask for a manager, not a supervisor, to expedite your claims mishandling. Take names, extension nos., employee numbers, and let them know you are doing that. Take notes with dates and times--document the daylights out of your conversations. But that most instant effect? File complaints not only Humana, but now go to Medicare and CMS (same but not the same for paperwork work). Make sure you politely and firmly give them all the details and all the screw ups and denial and mishandling for your claims. Boom! Fixed mostly within 24 hours. They oversee these clowns. Get the rep from Medicare's phone number--and they will get this done--freely and apologetically. They are your new best friend. No more games from Humana anymore.

Humana's customer service is horrible. In order to get results to requests they have to be done through Facebook to get their attention and even I had to file a complaint to the Attorney 's office. It took more than 60 days for Humana to assume responsibility for the payment of a rendered service. Even though that Humana advertise services nationwide, they do not have any providers in the Keys so they had to pay for the services because it was not up to me as a subscriber to pay for the bill if they don’t have the providers available in the area.

Medicare covers most of my medical bills. Humana is my secondary insurance as well my husband's, which he wants me to use, but it doesn't cover the bill as well as my old insurance did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Humana has been a very good health insurance. I have been with them for a long time and have never had any problems. I would recommend them to anyone.

In April I had severe neck and shoulder pain. Had gone to my MD and in and out of Urgent Care. I called HUMANA nurse advice line and was told by HUMANA RN to go to ER for further treatment. I would NEVER go to any ER without calling my insurance company and getting an OK. I went that day and HUMANA is now refusing to pay $800.00 charge because they did NOT think it was an emergency. Took me 3 weeks and numerous phone calls to everyone I could to get a copy of that conversation. Finally when I received it, guess what? They erased the last half of the tape to cover their butts. How convenient for them huh? This is NOT an honest practice and you really have to be careful.

When communicating ANYTHING with HUMANA get names, dates and times and I recommend that you record conversations as they will try to cover up anything that costs them money. I learned an expensive lesson and I am taking to a higher level. Would not recommend this company to any Senior unless you can afford ER visits when they refuse to pay a legitimate claim. I guess you get what you pay for as HUMANA has a zero copay. Buyer beware and look around as there are other reputable insurance companies.

Moved from Florida to Las Vegas -- so knew I would need a new primary care doctor. Called Humana to change my address - and get instructions on how to get list of approved providers on the Internet site. Found listing of approved providers --- and started going thru ones listed as accepting new patients. The first 5 I called said they are NOT ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS... contrary to information shown on web site. Eventually I found several that were accepting new patients, but wait times ranged from 7 weeks to 6 months before appointment could be scheduled. Finally forced to chose Doctor from Iran, who was trained in Ecuador. Can't wait to find out what he is like... but he was the only Doctor available.

Then I got a letter from Humana that was sent to the wrong address, fortunately, the post office was able to deliver as Humana had the street and city correct--- but the wrong house number. Imagine my surprise when I opened it up---- to find out that Humana had retroactively cancelled my insurance policy!!! Got letter July 17, dated July 13 --- that my policy was cancelled June 30 --- because I had a new mailing address! I called Humana --- was told they do this all the time when people move -- we have to get a new plan. How come they did not inform me that was going to happen when I called to change my address?? As far as I am concerned --- the ** that run Humana should be publicly flogged and crucified... Their organization is lousy, NO customer service... Total crap organization. Give them your business at the risk of your health and financial well-being.

This company is a scam as I bought Humana one dental and now I need a root canal and was told that they do not cover that but on their website they say they do. So I will be reporting them to the state insurance commission asap. And I will be ending my dental plan asap. And just a heads up they will continue to take money out of your account if you put them on autopay as I did but I will get a new debit card before the end of the month. Also I will let every one I know not to do business with this sorry company.

I'm so dissatisfied with this company that it bring me to tears when I have a doctor visit. Because I'm not sure if they are going to pay my bills or not, sad I'm in the doctor office and they call me to the desk and said we can't wait on you because your bill was not paid through Humana and they said you have a primary inc. Which I don't. So got to leave until it's straighten out and pay the bill. I call and tell me I'm not enrolled with them and I've had a card since 2016. Finally I'm transferred to someone else and they fine me in the system. This was May! Bill is not paid, my understanding my co-pay is a 186 dollars and I've met that. But I go too the hospital for a medical problems and I can't it's a 300 dollar deductible!!! How? I pay a hundred and twenty five dollars a month! What for? I have never been so dissatisfied in my life! If I had that type of money what the purpose! I would not recommend them to any one! If I could I would take that one star back.

First let me open with the very first thing under member rights on the Humana website. "1). Be provided with information about your Humana health plan, its services and benefits, its providers, and your rights and responsibilities as a member." My husband and I have been attempting to go to an urgent care clinic for the entire day. We started by going to one across town where we have been to multiple times in the past. As it turns out, they no longer accept our insurance plan. However, they are still listed as accepting our insurance on both the Humana website and the Humana representatives on the phone claim they do as well.

Our second stop I called ahead and was told they did take our insurance. As it turns out, no they didn't. At this point I called Humana only to be told that they try to keep the list of providers up to date, but they obviously can't. I was given two more locations over the phone via Humana that take our insurance. Well surprise, none these other two locations actually don't take our insurance either, so now we're up to 4 locations. I call Humana back again which is a labor in and of itself and tell them that this is unacceptable, that part of our agreement as a paying customer is that they provide us with a list of providers. Why am I the customer spending an entire workday doing their job for them?

I was emailed a list of 32 supposed urgent cares in our network by the second Humana representative, but hilariously all four of the clinics we tried that don't accept our insurance were on it as well. I called 2 or 3 others on the list for good measure and only one of those clinics claimed to take our insurance. So they may as well have sent me a list of every urgent care clinic in our city and told me to figure it out myself. Considering litigation because this is completely unacceptable and sub par healthcare. This company should not be allowed to charge people an exorbitant amount of money for a service they aren't providing.

I am considering changing back to Anthem this October because of the need for a referral for every doctor you need to see. Even the doctors offices find it excessive. Everyone I tell that I have to get a referral before I can see a doctor thinks it is a bad practice. My feet hurt very badly for a week, I finally decided that I needed to see someone. So I called the doctors office and got an appointment quickly but oh wait "you need a referral." So I called my Physician, "please try to hurry and get me a referral so I can see this doctor, my feet hurt badly." I don't like to go to doctors and won't go unless I need to, so I don't just make appointments needlessly.

There was an error made by Medicare who wrongly suspended my coverage. They quickly admitted the error and reinstated my coverage. BUT THAT DID NOT MATTER TO HUMANA!!! Without any explanation, they refused to admit my coverage without explanation. I am a licensed attorney in California. When I asked Humana for their office that would deal with the legal consequences of their negligence, they had nobody in California. They referred me to a South Carolina office that was closed. If you do business in California you must have an "agent for the service of process" in California. They illegally refused to provide this information. The Secretary of State should cancel their license to operate in this state but that office is also totally incompetent!

Humana is definitely just another business. My experience with their business from signing up for my son to finding some doctors that accept this insurance this mess. Everything is a fight. This wound vac is horrible. Constant problems, a total nightmare and I can't believe this is allowed. The wound vac is creating more problems it's total garbage. If you can get KCI wound vac do it. It actually works good. Humana legally cheating their paying clients and gets away with it.

It's all about the money with Humana. I'm so sorry we changed insurance after moving to Florida. Medicare approved corrective boots for my son and when we changed insurance to Humana they denied the boots. I wouldn't recommend Humana to anyone. I wish I had something good to say about this illegal business but I don't. They are total bad karma. SHAME ON HUMANA. The only reason I give them 1 star is to post this not because they deserve or have earned it.

Rather than paying $320 dollars for a mistake they made (all is documented), the workers at Humana Medicare have used various techniques to discourage me from holding them accountable. Here is the list: left me on hold for 40 minutes - then transferred me where I was on hold another 20 minutes, given me an incorrect address for the grievance and appeals department, transferred me to a wrong number- transferred me to another wrong number - and another wrong number and another and another all in one call, had multiple oral and written errors in each and every communication, which became the focal point rather than paying the bill, disregarded my grievance which was based on updating my benefits for the new year (the rule) and receiving incorrect information which I did not know until I had already acted on the given information only to find out the customer-service representative didn't know what she was talking about.

99% of calls are not returned, if returned and the receiver isn't immediately available the phone message states to call the number on the back of your Humana card and give a stated reference number but when I called the reference number wasn't in the Humana computer, and twisting the information -- i.e. saying that my dental provider had to send in the appeal -- the dental provided as pointed out to Humana workers many, many times didn't make the phone call. I did. The list goes on and on.To the point, Humana personnel consistently avoids the payment they are accountable for and does every possible trick to discourage a client from collecting. It is no wonder that the Medicare Advantage health plan ranking from NCQA has Humana rated "F" for customer satisfaction.

I have been with Humana since moving to Georgia in 2012. I have had no complaints other than co-pays increasing each year until today and having to all to request a provider directory. I have to have lab work done 2-3 times a year. My doc is very conservative and does not overdo it. I am on two meds for BP and trying to get off these. I am low cost to this company. However I must have labs. Never have I had a copay for labs until recently. I paid. Then on my next trip to the lab, I was quoted $189.00 that I "may have to pay" in addition to my copay! What's up? I cancelled my appointment and came home to call Humana. Not!! Is their 1-800 number out of service? I have tried calling for 2 days at different times of the day and I get a fast busy. I will now call my agent!

I was told that Humana no longer serves any part of the state of Georgia. I was surprised to find out my 76 father carries it when he had a mini stroke last month. We paid over 2000 dollars monthly until Obamacare brought it down drastically. I still paid a lot out of pocket and I'm not sickly. But last year my husband had a too high red count, was sent to a oncologist only to find out it was his red rice supplement causing it and a month later I had to get blood transfusion sent to an oncologist only to find out I was anemic. I take an iron pill daily. Suddenly I was told Georgia was not carrying Humana anymore. Liar liar it does. Several family members have it. So does many businesses. I was told by a lawyer they have violated my rights because I had the highest bracket they carried. I paid the most out of pocket and the first four payments would have paid the bills the paid. I made them a lot of money. This company is crooks and thieves. Shame on them.

Trying to get Humana to pay legit bill for 2 or 3 years. They blame it in my provider, but provider says it Humana. Now it's in collections. Humana needs to huMANa Up and do their job. Pay the bill! I have spent countless hours on the phone over the years with bumbling, idiotic customer services reps. Some were very, very rude. One put me on hold for like an hour and talked bad about in her break and when she came back, I told her she forgot to press Mute and I heard all her nasty remarks and she told me I couldn't possibly have heard what she said as she put me on hold, then she hung up! Unprofessional. HUMANA... PAY THIS BILL. $177.00. It's been years. Are you guys hurting for money? Stop hiring idiot customer service reps and pay my bill.

Worse company ever. If I could rate no star I certainly would. I paid Humana for dental and eye coverage since 2001 through my employer. It was self-funded by my employer and the only option. I had a $1,000 annual limit and have almost $400 left of that amount to be used in 2016. It's been a year now and the claim is still being denied. For about 6 months they questioned the date of service, insisting that I no longer had coverage when the work was done. They were wrong.

Since that has been resolved the problem now appears to be a question about the tooth numbers involved in the work I had done. I had forbidden them to contact my dentist again, as he has talked to them numerous times and sent X-rays three times that they requested but continue to claim not to have. My dentist is semi-retired and has jumped through hoops for a year. I was on hold for 2 hours and 18 minutes today trying desperately to get this problem solved.

I am beyond frustrated and embarrassed for the way they have stalled this claim making me look very bad and questioning my honesty about dates, but especially the way they have harassed my dentist. $400 wouldn't buy a decent lunch for their board of directors, but they spend time and effort to avoid paying a legitimate claim. The five ladies I talked to today were all very polite but relentless in their intention to not see this claim resolved. What recourse do I have now??? Take care senior citizens when considering Humana as your supplement to Medicare. You won't be happy I promise!

Before I signed up with Humana I read as many reviews as possible and they had a 4 or 5-star review on Medicare website. I had them in Palm Beach Florida with no problems. However not so in rural North Florida. I signed up with their pharmacy in October and ordered 2 prescription drugs, no charge. When it was time to renew I called and spoke with someone in the pharmacy and asked if there was any change in the cost of the meds. I was told no.

In January when the Dr. sent in for refills, Humana said one medication was 450.00. I declined refill and told the representative that I spoke with someone in the pharmacy before I signed with again for 2017 and was assured that my medication cost would remain the same. The rep. said she was sorry but that was misinformation. Since then I was told that they will not pay for some of routine blood work testing ie test for vitamin D. Today I called for tetanus dep and was told they do not pay for that.

I am actually quite healthy and rarely use the insurance so I am not a high cost to them. My medication are for HTN and the one I no longer take was for overactive bladder. I will not renew my coverage with them for 2018 and will go back to straight Medicare if it is still around by then. My advice to anyone using Humana, get everything in writing.

I joined Humana Gold Plus (HMO SNP) 05/11/2017, BIG mistake, an agent with Humana set me up with Piedmont Senior Care. They don't accept Medicare or Humana, also set me up to see a Dr. Ann **, she doesn't work at the clinic. She works at the nursing facility. The receptionist said Humana is constantly telling people the same thing, she said everyone using Humana is telling her they are to see Dr. **. This company Humana, should be PUT OUT OF BUSINESS, they are endangering patients' lives. I switched back today 06/13/2017 to Medicare after only 32 days. Humana is A FRAUD!

Worst insurance company ever! Unfortunately this is what is available through my employer. They are always trying to override the decisions made by doctors in your medications. Once you meet your deductible and they may have to pay a little, they step in and won't give you the medications you need. I have been on the same eye drop since January and I have been paying for it. Now that I have met my deductible, they decided I don't need it! They cash the checks for my premiums with no problem. My employer pays almost 6000 a year for my coverage with a 2500 deductible. Now they won't approve my drops because it's their turn to pay! Horrible! If you can steer clear of this insurance as a company, please do! Your employees deserve better!

Humana will rip you off! My mom has been paying Humana $64 bi-weekly for the past 13 years for short-term disability insurance. She has been having health issues that are severe enough to cause her to be out of work. As soon as the doctor took her out of work and she filed FMLA she filled out her claim thinking everything would be ok. Let me just say nothing has been ok. She now faces eviction and is going to lose her car, her only source of transportation, why? Because she has been waiting for her insurance money from them for nearly 3 months. She has complied with them when they say they need something, her doctor has even called them and still nothing. She has been speaking with different reps and even a supervisor who is now avoiding her calls! I stay with someone and have been helping as much as possible but she has nowhere to go if she gets evicted which is inevitable! She has had zero money coming in this whole time!

***

Note to approvers:

Review already posted on https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/humana-medicare-drug-plan-part-d-drug-coverage-for-seniors-c875900.html

***

ENDANGERING CLIENTS HEALTH CARE - HUMANA (Medicare) Rx Drug Plan - Profits from pain 4/26/2017 1:25 PM

I have had HUMANA as my Drug Rx plan in NY for several years and now in Florida since moving here a year ago. In NY it was determined by 3 specialists, that I am ALLERGIC to preservatives in eyedrops (it caused me severe blepharitis) and then the anti-inflammatory drugs to resolve this caused permanent vision damage to both my eyes. I have to use unpreserved eye drops to avoid vision loss. All the eye doctors I saw notified Human of my sensitivity to preservatives and the need for unpreserved medications (I too am an eye doctor). Humana then authorized the (not on the formulary) drops at a $45.00 copay each purchased months supply (after a yearly first purchase of $125.00).

I called today to get a price on the drops in Florida, as recommended by my physician who thought she might be able to save me money by NOT using my drug plan. I was told by your rep 1-800-281-6918 that all the past reports my doctors filed were of no value. I was told that I had to start the process over and get new doctors to request this exception because it was a new year (each year). You did not promise to make an exception in any case. I was also told the drug is not on your formulary and I would have to pay full price. The Walmart discount prices is $175.84 for a months supply. It sells for over $200 / mo supply. It is illogical (and unethical) to ask me to go through the doctor request process each year. When your representative said I would have to do this I asked to speak to a supervisor since allergies dont go a way. He then played the same trick all "annoyed" providers do and said he would transfer my call to customer services who would help. He promptly disconnected us. (he had my phone number and if he wished to call back he could have).

I am a retired doctor, I understand how you play games by forcing doctors to do unnecessary time consuming paperwork and phone work so that you can stop patients who need exceptions from getting the meds they need and for which they have paid your insurance fees for years. Sure you tell the patients it is their doctors responsibility to contact your service department as if it would take just a moment or two. When I was a practicing doctor, I would have been doing this all day! Doctors are paid poorly enough already and now you add to the injury by making them do unnecessary paperwork or spend time on the phone with your company (which hangs up on them too) which is not possible for them to do today. It is a neat little way of deceiving your patients. You tell them ask your doctors to get an exception and put the blame on the doctor.

Having a formulary that allows you to negotiate for a lower price with a drug company is not a bad idea. However when a patient needs a drug not available on your formulary and when there is no alternative on our formulary, making them jump through hoops to deny services is UNETHICAL. We as patients, all know the stories of suffering senior citizens who live in pain because they cannot afford the medicines they pay their plans for. The medicines they can get from Canada pharmacy cheaper than WITH their drug plans.

As patients, you take our money in premiums with false promises of care and then deny service for greater profits. Nothing could be more unethical other than directly causing injury to your clients by stabbing them with a knife or shooting them. You get away with it indirectly, without putting a knife in them, by denying services. I wonder how this would read on the Internet? I gave you 24 hours to set this straight in writing and then I waited w weeks. On 4/26/2017 I then sent my email to your customer services and received no response. Today is 5/9/2017 If you intended to respond, 2 weeks was clearly enough time. This clearly paints a picture of the ethics behind your services and your concern for your clients. Dr Joseph A Ross

5/30/2017 --- The Human Drug Plan Rip-Off only gets worse.

My eye doctor prescribed a second med for me today. Unpreserved again because I am allergic as documented. This drug was also denied. Now she is going to write to them to see if they can get it approved. Meanwhile the records for several years show (at their company) that I am allergic and that does not change.

Today my wife needs and eyedrop for post surgical care. The drop is called Prednisone. When she went to pick it up today they charged her an $80.00 co-pay. I went online to Canadian pharmacy to see what it would cost without insurance. The price in us dollars is $27.00 and it is the same product from the same company, Allergan. GET THIS STRAIGHT NOW: WITH INSURANCE $80.00 WITHOUT INSURANCE $27.00 .. How ethical is this? I looked at HUMANAs ratings online.

Rating: 1.2 stars out of - 367 votes <== Any wonder why?

So much for having Humana as a secondary insurance. My daughter has Lou Gehrig's/ALS and the doctor ordered an all electric bed. Medicare will only pay for a semi electric bed and Humana refused to pay the difference. Terrible customer service.

My husband has had Humana for years to help cover the cost of his prescriptions. He went to the pharmacy like he does every month to get his prescription and it turns out that Humana terminated his coverage last month and never sent him any prior notice stating that fact. When he called to speak with a representative, he was also told that he owes premiums! And stated that if he pays almost $150.00! That's money we will never have, and then MAYBE they will sell him another plan!! Again, never notified of this fact. My husband's medication is to help with his insomnia, and now he can't get it. Humana was aware of this fact when he initially got the plan. I also found out that insomnia can be an indication of something serious. He is currently in contact with an attorney, to see if there is something that can be done about this situation.

Have been with this company over 10 years and only have used it for a claim one time back in 2015 due to a high risk pregnancy that left me unable to work. Recently I filed another claim because I am currently pregnant again and have been diagnosed with the same high risk problem I had last pregnancy that was an approve illness, but now I have been denied for this claim. I have called several times trying to get answers on how this is possible being that I had a claim approved before and all I get is rudeness and very nasty attitudes from the employees.

These people are not even doctors and have the nerve to send a letter saying I am not total disable before delivery date. I'm confused how am I suppose to do my job as a letter carrier if I can't even walk from my illness. They instructed me to appeal the decision and pray it be overturn. So now I have been off well over a month with no pay with 4 kids and one on way and I'm having to fight for money I paid for this insurance. I hate this company and as soon as I can I will be dropping them and I will also be making a complaint to my company so this company will not be allowed to sucker postal workers into purchasing this insurance.

I called Humana about my prescription benefits and spoke to at least four different people with no results. They all were quick to blame Social Security, pharmacy or myself for the problem. To compound my frustrations I could not understand half of what was said. They either spoke too quickly or without clear enunciation and I finally hung up. Without answers!

Following instructions received from Humana, I attempted to renew consents by clicking the options provided. Using several paths that I thought might work, I kept getting instructions to try again later. I don't want to try again later... It takes an act of Congress to even get signed into my account. I dread using this site because of the sign-in procedure and the fact that I either have to keep trying again later.

Humana Health Insurance offer a good deal on preventive care, like x-rays and cleaning, but not on crowns, fillings, root canals and extractions, but the dentist office offers interest free financing.

Expert Review

Joseph BurnsHealth Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.    More about Joseph→

Humana is one of the largest and best-known health insurance companies in the United States. It offers health care services for individuals, business owners and military personnel.

• Large variety of plans: Consumers can choose between HMOs, PPOs and other plans. There are group plans available for employers.
  • Well-known company: Humana has been in business for a long time and is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.
  • Supplemental and low-cost options available: Humana offers supplemental insurance for seniors and low-cost insurance for people on fixed incomes.
  • HMOs and PPOs are cheaper: Health savings accounts and other plans tend to have higher premiums or higher deductibles.
  • Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Humana offers Medicare Advantage plans.
  • Best for Heads of families, senior citizens, employees