Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
Humana Health Insurance
1.68/5

Humana Health Insurance

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

1184 Humana Health Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

After only two months on this plan, I am ready to bail. Tried to find a dentist, but their dental physician listing was so obsolete that it was unusable. I made 4 appointments to 4 different dental offices only to discover that these dentists were long gone, and the new ones were not in the network. I work long hours and don't have time to spend hours each day searching for someone to clean my teeth. Humana needs to do their homework. I called the "friendly" insurance agent who signed me up, but received no callback. Luckily, in two months I can start the process to go elsewhere. In the meantime it would be easier to go a college dental school for services than to spend hours each day researching dentists in my spare time. If you sign up with Humana, you are abandoned as soon as you lay down your money. If I could I would give this company 0 stars because they are lazy.

Original review: July 17, 2019

A month and a half ago I started having left eye blurred vision. Humana said I first had to see an Optometrist (half hour away) to get a referral. I did. Then I was told there were no Opthamologists in my area. All of this took nearly four weeks! I called them. Upset after making an appointment with a non-Humana DR. and they said I could go outside the "Network" but would have to fill out a form. Several calls and a month with a bad eye to tell me this? Then I tried to find an Endocrinologist for some blood work - SAME ISSUE! No DR.s in my area take Humana!

Original review: July 15, 2019

My insurance last year was through United Health Care who allowed my Good RX prescriptions to count toward my deductible, thus making medications affordable until I reached the amount (which I believe is currently $415 or close to that). I have spent over $200 this year with Good Rx and now discover none of that will count toward my deductible with Humana. Based on that and the other reviews here, I highly suggest people find another alternative prescription provider.

Original review: July 11, 2019

In one word: terrible. They talk the talk, but do not walk the walk. I am in the Seattle area and needed hand surgery, there is only one surgeon in a dangerous area of downtown that takes Humana. Seattle's metro area is nearly 4 million. The medical office I was referred to reported to me that they have nothing positive to say about Humana, specifically they state poor billing issues, difficulty getting scripts filled and inability to find a human to speak to.

Original review: July 11, 2019

This is the absolute worst insurance company there is to deal with as a provider. They say they go by Medicare guidelines for Medicare Advantage patients but DON'T. Even when you send in PROOF THAT THEY'RE GOING AGAINST MEDICARE GUIDELINES, they still insist they're going by Medicare guidelines. They DENY EVERYTHING and tell us it's an internal policy and refuse to give us the policy information. They're just terrible. JUST TERRIBLE. If I could give 0 stars I would. They just suck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: July 11, 2019

Looking for a provider in network is beyond frustrating to say the least. The list they provide on their website is never updated or correct. You would think calling them directly would be an easier task, think again. All they do is call the physician's office you are inquiring about and ask them if they are an accepting provider on three way and the conversation goes around in a circle. One would think that Humana would have a accurate and up to date list of physicians on hand when you call. It has been four days and I am still waiting to hear back on whether or not they have found an orthopedic surgeon accepting this plan. If you have options stay clear and save yourself the headache, time and effort. Get real insurance.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I'm 67 and in good health. I fell two weeks ago and broke a bone in my foot. All foot specialist in the Coeur d'Alene have discontinued working with Humana, because they are so BAD to work with. I have been searching for a foot doctor and can't find one that accepts Humana. What I just found out is that I can't even use my Medicare. The program that Paris ** sold me gave Humana full control and they govern over Medicare. I can't change my insurance until October 1st. In the meantime I have to pay cash to a foot doctor while Humana dings my credit card.

There has been misrepresentation on the part of Humana and they did not disclose what this policy did to me. DO NOT USE HUMANA. RUN AWAY FROM THEM AS SOON AS YOU CAN. HUMANA HAS TO ABILITY TO CHANGE MY POLICY AS OF THIS date 7/9/19 and they refuse to do so. This falls under special circumstances. They do not give a rat’s rear about their customers.

Original review: July 10, 2019

After holding more than 73 minutes and after speaking to 5 service specialists, no business was taken care and then their tape recorder told me to hang up to call the same number again. Specialists are all poor speakers of English. Either transferred me to the physician line (WRONG Line) after being told I am a patient or simply hung up & disappeared each time. Humana should immediately terminate this outsourced contractor. They get paid by Humana by wasting time of callers without doing their job.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have never in my entire 70 year life had a worse experience with a company, its services, or its "partners." The nicest word is HORRIFIC! If I had to depend on Humana-anything, I'd be buried soon. Absolutely EVERYTHING, from the initial sign up process and thereafter has been a problem. First, THEY selected my primary care - which I definitely did not agree with! Second whenever I call or chat online, I get the royal runaround because no one seems to know what they are talking about. Third, everything I do has to go through my new primary care -- even if he refers me to a specialist and I get a prescription (for physical therapy or x-ray or MRI), I have to go BACK to my primary care doctor. Then he may change or decide on a different prescription. [Gee, isn't that a breeding ground for collusion?]

I just spent $6,000, out of MY pocket for Stem Cell treatment, on June 4, and the doctor who did the treatment said to get a good physical therapist and start therapy at once. It is now July 9, and I am still having problems getting a GOOD physical therapist -- either my primary care wants me to go to someone that he "likes" (even though I have to teach the PT how to do basic range of motion), or useless Humana is NOT accepted. It is bordering on the insane, if not criminal. Only 176 days until I can switch, which in itself says how ridiculous our health insurance laws are! But who's counting? Humana is the worst that I ever experienced!!!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Although I have been with Humana for three years, I find this organization utterly impossible to work with. If you have a question, require clarification, or have any other lead that requires telephone contact, you will easily spend an hour jumping through hoops. You try to work around this issue by using the Internet, but there are the frustration even exceeds that which you experienced on the phone. I stay with Humana only because I don’t know where else to go to improve service and coverage. On one occasion where I required surgery, approval from Humana came so late that I had to reschedule the surgery delaying the procedure for weeks. Select them at your own risk!

Humana Health Insurance Company Information