Humana Health Insurance

Humana Health Insurance

2.6/5 (32 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Humana Health Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Humana Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Humana?

Original review: March 3, 2021

My wife and I signed up for Humana on March 2, 2021. We did so because their sales rep told us we lived in the right area for free hearing aids for me. Lie #1. Then, I talked to her myself for 45 minutes and she continued to lie, #'s 2,3,4 & 5. I was cautious about changing my insurance but, since she PROMISED me free hearing aids I agreed. Over and over I questioned her and she kept insisting we lived in the right area. So, I agreed for them to switch my insurance from our current carrier to them. About 30 minutes later I get a confirmation email that I downloaded and sure enough this company charges about twice as much copay for hearing aids. I called Humana and of course they don't offer free hearing aids. It was like dealing with a used car salesman. All lies. I guess when you're 68 you are to believe anything these so called reps tell you. PLEASE! Don't do business here!

Original review: March 2, 2021

I have just joined Humana Horizon, so I have yet to use my dental insurance. However, I have read through my entire plan and it seems to cover quite a bit. I believe that I will be satisfied with my dental insurance.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Very pleased with coverage received in Medicare. Did not expect and thrilled to receive. Humana coverage is no cost so even better. It had been a long time since had any dental coverage. Highly recommend to those who qualify.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Most dentists don’t actually take Humana Dental or the dentist that does, gets poor reviews. Most dentist Are out of network. A Routine visit is $90. I have yet to find a dentist who does take Humana that I like.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Very happy and satisfied. I seem to have found a perfect fit for my needs. It covers all the aspects that I may need now and in the future. The mixture that I have of a upper plate, real teeth and a partial.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

None of the affordable dental plans for seniors covers dentures enough to be able to get them so we suffer and go without. Those that cover about 50% are so expensive you can’t afford the insurance and the dentures.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My father in law missed a payment due to his surgery and we were not aware of this additional payment. When we found out we paid all the arrears and also set up recurring ACH payments to avoid this from happening again. We told the customer service that he just had a surgery and the medication is crucial. We were told multiple times that the account will be activated. It has been 10 days and we now have 5 different case #. Every time we call, we are told by a new supervisor that the previous person made a mistake which the person fixed and it will be few more days. Oddly enough, they are never able to find any notes in the system about the promise made to us by the previous person. During every call we emphasized that we need the medication urgently but it seems like there is no one who knows how to resolve this issue.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Switch to Humana and they tried to change my primary. Called help line and after speaking to rep got hung up... Tried web site and only get "error... try again" which just repeats. Now researching switching back to Aetna.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

It appears I'm not alone in my anger and frustration with this company. I asked to cancel my vision policy - in writing - in November. I was charged again in December. I wrote again to remind them that I had cancelled this policy and to please refund me. They said they had contacted the billing department. Then January rolls around and I'm charged a second time after I had cancelled this plan. Long story short, I've had around 9 different discourses with these people and no one will cancel or refund me (they say they will, but DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH!). So if you're in a boat like me, I'd suggest you dispute the charges with your bank/credit card right away and put a stop on all future payments from Humana because you WILL NOT get a refund from them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Worst and most unprofessional insurance ever! It’s a wonder why I stayed with them for two years. Customer service is incompetent. I asked for a list of providers near my area and when they emailed me a list turns out that most were badly rated doctors and when I decided on one that did have good reviews were not in network anymore. I called two more times to get them to specifically send me an updated list of provider and same thing! Most were not in network anymore! It was a headache dealing with this insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Humana dental in Illinois has been nothing but painful for this past year. No central point to view all claims, each person has to sign up themselves. Website is clunky, and to see your bill you have to go through non-intuitive clicks to get there. No way to get paper claims or even a summary. Very dissatisfied. Client rep just tells you that is the way it is.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Every time you call and you talk to somebody they give you a different answer about the same thing. If they're not sure about the answer they need to go talk to somebody instead of saying whatever they want to to the customer.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

When I was discharged from the hospital after 4mos from Meningitis, I was offered various health care plans-- Humana had ALL the Drs I required, AND had the Lowest out-of-pocket expenses for a $0 Premium!???

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Drugs copays are still too high on many lifesaving drugs, breathing, diabetes, etc. Rural people whose labs are only available inside a hospital building have to pay double for labs and other diagnostic procedures ie. 45.00 for outside labs and 90 for in-hospital labs. Costs are too high for rehab clinics, ie if you have to have a couple of times a week appointment, then it becomes a cost that fixed income people cannot afford. etc etc. And there is only 1 choice for advantage plan available for many rural counties, so low income people have no real choice as supplemental plans are way too expensive and then there is no drug plan.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

They DO NOT Care about the customers. Saving money for their company is all that matters to them. They early discharge from hospital. They refuse to send patients to reachability facilities. Then they early discharge patients from facility. They are a scam company!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I was helped quite a bit by Humana when my wife was sick and was on dialysis, as the cost would have put us in the poor house. It is a great safety net to prevent a family when medical bills start to mount up. You should review it every year to see that the coverage that you have is the best for you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We have Humana as our Medicare Supplement plan F. Never a problem. No deductible, no out out pocket. Free Silver Sneakers membership. Less expensive than our previous - UHC, which also dropped Silver Sneakers.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Humana Customer Service is unbelievably helpful. I never feel rushed. Representatives are knowledgeable and never sound like you are their nth call of the day and are reading from a script. They even discontinued the copay for the rest of the year due to Covid.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Very helpful. One of the best according to my different medical conditions, good otc, good customer services, you do have different s options that you can choose, I'm very satisfied with the all benefits.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Humana is a great company for health insurance. They really communicate well with their clients and cover most medical expenses. They are also easy to make contact with and most doctors take their insurance. Overall I am very pleased with this company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Humana calls to remind us of prescriptions that are ready to renew. They are mailed to us within 3-5 days. We also get a 50.00 allowance every quarter for over the counter products. Humana has waived copays until 12-31-20 for primary care physicians.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Excellent customer service. No problems with paying claims to providers. On two occasions I challenged a claim for an out-of-network provider not authorized by me, and Humana disallowed the claim. Gym membership included, no monthly premium.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I have been trying to find an in-network provider for teeth cleaning. There are hundreds of them listed in or near my zip code. Most of them have bad reviews. A lot of the providers listed won't accept the plan. Many of the phone numbers are out of service. Even calling customer service does not help. The providers they mention complain that it takes them over an hour to verify eligibility. It's a total waste of money for premiums but more so a colossal waste of time with the added aggravation.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Does not pay well. Does not pay the majority of any outpatient testing or visits to ERs or specialists. Long wait times on hold and have to make several calls to get issues resolved. Will be changing during open enrollment.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Stay clear of Humana! I had their Medicare advantage plan last year. My last month with them (in December) they charged my account for TWO months of dental insurance that I never signed up for. It took a lot of calls over a long period of time but I finally got my refund. Now I got a call from someone that signed me up to switch to Humana for next year (2021) and I never agreed to it. Again it took a number of phone calls over weeks until I finally got disenrolled. I give them zero stars.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Please do not buy their Vicks Steam Inhaler. It isn't worth their $50. It's worth maybe $5. Is a piece of junk. It's not even electric and it is not anything what they describe in their over-the-counter catalog. Also do not buy their $25 pillows. They're not worth it. They're again worth maybe $5. They don't last more than two todays. Their over-the-counter counter products are not worth buying.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have been with Humana for a year. I wanted to upgrade my policy so I called customer service. I called several times throughout the week at different times and could not get through. When I did get through, customer service said they would send over application to upgrade. I filled in my application but I did not have a price sheet (the plan sheet I received was listed as California and I am from Wisconsin). I sent my my application along with a note to let me know the price and program that I would need. Two weeks passed with no response. I got through to customer service and told her what I needed. She put me on hold and after over ten minutes I was disconnected.

I called again and the customer service person said I was in "pending" and needed to be transferred. I called the yet another phone number and Customer service said I was going to start my new plan on the 25th and upgrade and payment were being processed then. I explained that I was waiting for someone to contact me regarding the new monthly amount and what was covered in the plan. I never received a follow-up email or call yet I was going to get charged the new amount! This is so disappointing and frustrating!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Humana does NOT give one hoot if you are able to get medical services. The providers that subscribe to the network in this insurance are the bottom of the barrel. You will die waiting for an appointment for care from medical providers in the Humana plan. Thankfully, I found insurance that delivers. Good riddance Humana!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My mother lives with me and I am her caregiver. It's a wonderful thing when you get paid to stay home with your mom! Just don't use Humana for long term care! They do not do what they say! You will get paid a amount that will help to stay home. But they do not care about the patient. They just want to get that contract and keep it. So many things have happened with them. The newest has to be the worse.

She was put on Hospice over a year ago. I turned in paperwork that the drs said she needs around the clock care. Hospice comes once a week. But Humana, our case manager, told us she has not been hospitalized enough, and her condition has not worsened enough!!! She is 88, with COPD AND CHF!! She can't walk, she has a pacemaker, a port, and other conditions. SHE IS HOSPICE!! So my daughter stopped working to do nights with my mom so I can rest. But Humana refuses to pay her because my mom is not bad enough! They have done very little to help us. The case managers do not do anything the website says. Please save yourself a lot of extra stress, don't use them! Once you choose, they make it too hard to switch.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Before signing on with Humana I reviewed with their representative the name of my primary physician and the prescriptions I have. I did this because one of my prescriptions is very expensive and I wanted to assure what kind of coverage I could expect. Also my primary physician has dual certifications one of which is internal medicine. I was assured the cost of my prescription would be covered with the stated copay. I have paid about $700. in copays thus far and have skipped daily usage. In addition all of the physicians in my primary (of ten years) group are in the Humana network. Initially I had no problems having my physician's fees paid and my visit copay accepted.

Now I am told the physician is not in Humana network and am advised to find another physician. In addition when contacting the company there seems to be no record of previous contact from me or assistance in getting this situation cleared up. The billing dept of my physician's group also contacted Humana and was provided no assistance. I am without a physician in the middle of a pandemic and believe this company simply doesn't want to pay for the medication prescribed by this physician. I plan to change plans ASAP and have contacted Medicare who state if the company is within Medicare guidelines there is nothing they can do.

Humana Health Insurance Company Information