2. Travel
  3. Travel Insurance

4.3/5 (67 ratings)

About Generali Global Assistance

Generali Global Assistance is a full-service travel insurance service provider that offers three distinct plans built to serve diverse needs. You can compare and contrast plan options and check out various coverages like trip cancellation, baggage loss, medical evacuation and more on the company’s website.

Pros

• Wide variety of services
  • Operates in 25+ countries
  • Offers Iris Identity Protection app

Cons

• Services can be expensive
  • Some services redundant/unnecessary

Bottom Line

Generali offers comprehensive coverage options for travel insurance, identity protection, cyber security, home care and more. It’s available in more than 25 countries, but its services can be expensive for some.

Generali Global Assistance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I was insured. I had some problem and the solution was good for me.

Generali Global Assistance response

That's great to hear Agate! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 20, 2021

Generali’s website was easy to navigate and the price was right. I would buy it again if I needed it.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hi Dara. Thanks for your review. Happy Travels!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I was with another company that became Global. The customer service was okay.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hi Anthony. Yes - we indeed did transfer from CSA Travel Protection to Generali Travel Insurance. Rest assured we have the same San Diego based team for customer service and claims.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Purchasing from Generali was excellent. The guy I worked with has been professional. I sent in one claim and they helped me. It was very easy sending in the claim online. Use Generali because it’s very good.

Generali Global Assistance response

That's great to hear Alba! Thanks so much for your review and for sharing your story.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I would recommend looking into Generali, and to see if their particular policy terms and conditions would meet the other person's requirements as well as they did in this particular case for us.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thanks so much Paul. We certainly want our customers to choose the right policy for their circumstances and strive to offer transparent info and a copy of the policy before purchase. Happy Travels!

Original review: June 30, 2021

I have a big trip coming up and was worried about covid making it not possible. I did learn about Generali Global Assistance from Christopher Elliott and signing up was pretty easy.

Generali Global Assistance response

That's great to hear Michael. Welcome to Generali! Have a safe trip. We'll be here should you need us.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Generali’s pricing was lower than the other ones that I priced. I travel often and I used to buy a policy by the year and that would come out cheaper. But so far, I've been doing this one. I have to do it each time but you have a little more coverage. So, all-in-all, it's fine. I talked to their reps in the beginning to ask some questions but now, I do it myself. I'm trying to keep an account so I don’t have to fill out the information. But that's neither here or there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I am not able to save the account every time. I have to do it every other month when I travel. I fill everything out again, which is no problem. I would recommend Generali. They can see I use them all the time.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hello David. Thanks for your review. You can create an account on Generalitravelinsurance.com and then certain information is auto-filled to save you time in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2021

When I got travel insurance from Generali, I did it all online. I was able to compare products to pick the right policy for my budget and it was no problem.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! Letting us know how we are doing is the best way to ensure the best possible service to all of our customers. We value your feedback and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I'm not pleased with Generali Global Assistance. The trip was reserved in October. In April, I started to try to cancel the trip. It took quite a bit of doing, but it was because my trip was to Greece. Greece was not scheduled to open until May 14th. I was scheduled to arrive in Greece on May 13th. Since then, the COVID restrictions have gone up, down, backwards, and forwards. There was no way that that trip that I had reserved in October was able to take place. Generali denied my request for a partial refund. The reason for cancelling the trip was not covered by my insurance policy. I had, with much trial and tribulation, got the travel agency to agree to refund. They had given me a choice either to have a travel credit for the future and then the third choice was a partial refund.

The whole trip cost at least a little under $2,000. The travel agency was going to give me a $1,500 refund. So, I was asking Generali for $495. But the reason for canceling the trip was not covered. That’s a little unreasonable after this 15-month stretch that we've had. We're in a special situation with this COVID garbage. I could have claimed I'm not able to walk, and maybe that would have done it. Then I would have had to get a doctor's. But it should be a little bit clearer. I wouldn't have gone through the claim process if I had any idea that that would not be covered.

Generali Global Assistance response

We're sorry the coverage didn't meet your expectation. Unfortunately, like other insurance plans you may have, travel insurance cannot cover every event that might cause a traveler to cancel their trip, including government restrictions. While frustrating, we want our customers to understand their coverages and what is not included, which is one reason we provide a 10-day free look so that you have extra time to review your coverages.

We also want to assist you in using your policy at a later date when travel resumes. To see if you qualify, please visit generalitravel.com/voucher. for more details.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I was satisfied with my experience although I had a little bit of trouble when I was trying to change my beneficiary. But it wasn't extremely bad. I’d use Generali again.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thanks Shawn for your review! We appreciate your business.

Generali Global Assistance Company Information