Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I did the comparison of different insurance providers, Generali seemed to be the better of the ones that I was looking at, price-wise and coverage. We were pleased with what the coverage was, with what we were looking for and with the price. Purchasing online was worth it and it was very easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There’s so much going on everywhere and I needed peace of mind. I researched on the available insurance out there, compared a few and Generali has the better deal and better option for me. I purchased a travel insurance from them online. In case of emergency, they offered an out if I was injured or needed to be evacuated. Generali is something you'll need if you travel.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a travel insurance from Generali Global Assistance for security purposes. Signing up online was fine and I liked their price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought travel insurance for our last cruise. The friend that helped us book the trip was also the one that mentioned Generali. She's had experiences where she had to cancel her trip and she didn't want us to get caught in that situation where you won’t get a refund. The reps were fine and there was no problem. It's good to have insurance, but it's good that we didn’t have to use it. I'd recommend Generali.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always purchase a travel insurance. It's a smart thing to do. If you're travelling outside of the country, you want an insurance that covers evacuation. You also want to have medical coverage and want something that does at least a million. I purchased a travel insurance plan from Generali Global Assistance. For the price, it covered what I wanted. It was a straightforward process. On their website, it says that most people who picked it starts filing claims but it wasn't an issue. I would be very satisfied based on what they offer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The tour company I was using in Europe required travel insurance so I did an internet search. I selected Generali Global Assistance because of their price and type of coverage and I did the entire transaction with them online. It was easy to sign up for the policy however when my luggage didn't arrive in Paris on time, I started digging around to try and find information about who to contact for claims and I had difficulty finding anything that way. Good thing my things came in two days so I ended up not going through the claims process. I think it would be handy to have a final policy confirmation with all of the contact information because we do have to answer where we are going to, and having the in-country contact phone numbers would be very useful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Generali Global Assistance. I only want to go with the right insurance company so that when something happens, I want to make sure I will be compensated. I'm big on reading about the insurance companies and Generali Global Assistance pops out in a lot of different magazines and in different countries. So, I figured they must be doing something right. They also have a very strong position in Europe and in North America. There was a different company for less but still, Generali's name carried a good backup if something happens. Their customer service was very good and they're very easy to deal with.

When I was flying, my luggage was delayed but there was a coverage for that. So, I'll have my office file a claim on that, either online or over the phone, whatever is going to expedite the claim. Overall, it was a great experience and I was happy. They are topnotch. I was getting a quote for auto insurance in Europe and I'm considering them as well. Traveling to various parts of the world and seeing the name is making me feel comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife did all our transactions with Generali Global Assistance online and everything went smoothly online. Everything went fine and I'm satisfied, and I can't complain about anything so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I usually buy travel insurance from CSA. Not necessarily every single trip I take but at least with CSA in the past, if I have had claims I never had a problem collecting them. It was always been reasonably priced and the few times over the last 20 years that I’ve had to file a claim it has been hassle-free. Reliability in paying the claim was very important to me. When I went to buy travel insurance for my son, I bought it through CSA but quickly became aware that it’s now owned by Generali. I was a CSA customer who continued to buy from them but now it’s all Generali. The online process was pretty simple and the policy seemed to be placed well for the kind of coverage that I was looking for. I think everybody expects to have problems filing claims with insurance companies but I’ve never had that. That’s why I’ve been loyal to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We took a trip and I wanted to make sure that we had travel insurance so I could get back my money for the trip if something happened. People should get some travel insurance to make sure that they don't lose their money, especially if their trip costs a certain amount of dollars. We wanted to have travel insurance so my grandson picked Generali Global Assistance. Although the insurance was under my name, he handled everything with Generali and did it all online. I've had no regrets in getting the insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I asked a friend who travels a lot and she gave a few names of travel insurance providers and Generali was one of them. They seemed to have good reviews. Also, they paid 100% back of what you paid and a lot of other companies didn't. Their price seemed fair too so I bought it, took the trip and came back. I called their customer service because there was a mistake in my name and I was told that they would fix it immediately and send me confirmation. They were very courteous and very pleasant on the phone, which made me wonder why things weren't fixed and they never sent me confirmation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Generali Global Assistance had a combination of benefits that I was looking for. The prices were fair and it was simple signing up online. When I was confused about something, I called them and the woman that I spoke to was very helpful. She figured it out and I continued on my merry way. My mother was coming on the same trip so I made her sign up. For where we went, it was definitely reassuring when we had it. It was great that we haven't used the insurance but the sign-up process was all good. The experience was easy and they were dependable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to use CSA, and when I went on to them, they turned into Generali Global Assistance. I went online and it was easy to set up the insurance. The experience was good and fortunately, I didn't have to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We submitted a claim with Generali Global Assistance that took a long time and got denied because the date that we ordered it was the date of the policy went into effect. It would be nice if whenever you go ahead and submit payment for it, it's active when you do it.

Thank you Paul.
I apologize for your 10 minute wait. That isn't our norm for sure.
We have had longer hold times this hurricane season but are working to correct that.

Generali Customer Service Team

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I used to buy travel protection from CSA, which was bought by Generali. Generali is a good company so I stick with them. Sometimes, I have a question so I call them and they answer in a very nice way. However, they put me on hold and I have to wait for around 10 minutes. It's not bad, but the 10-minute wait is still a lot of time. Though when I called them, they always had a lot of people to work with. It'd be better for us if they have more customer service people on the phone, but right now I’m happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used the travel insurance from CSA on our vacation once. Now CSA ended up being with Generali. We had good success with them. We had a cancellation many years ago and everything seemed to work out fine. They covered everything quite thoroughly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I went on a lengthy trip and anything could have happened to us at any point along that trip. I didn’t want us to get stuck someplace. I wanted to be safe but not spend a ton of money on travel insurance, especially on the insurance that the airline has. Generali Global Assistance was the first one I saw when I searched online. I called them, talked to somebody and it was a very good experience. Everyone was very nice and explained everything. I purchased online, sent them the money, and then they sent me the policy. It was a smooth and easy thing to do. I like Generali Global Assistance and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter, who's an avid insurance person told me about Generali Global Assistance. I bought the policy but have never claimed on it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was paging through the internet when I stumbled upon Generali Global Assistance. What they were offering was for a few dollars more but I would get more in the long run especially if I have a medical emergency. I like what they were offering for the price so I chose them. I called their customer service to ask a couple of questions and they answered everything I needed to know. The Generali policy that I purchased through the internet was basically an insurance in case something went wrong when I travel. I have traveled already and I had no problems so I had no need to use it. I would recommend Generali to a friend considering some of the other policies they offer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a price comparison and Generali Global Assistance had the best price. The insurance has been explained perfectly and it offers better coverage. A lot of people don't buy cruise insurance and if they buy the insurance that the cruise line has, it's more expensive. Now that there’s a hurricane going on, an insurance is important in case anything happens. Many people didn't buy any insurance so they're stuck. I have recommended Generali Global Assistance to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was Googling to try and find different services and reviews, and I found some of the other companies charge quite a bit more than Generali. I already have a coverage plan but I was driving a car in a third world country which gets interesting really quick. Generali covered the rental car, which is essentially double coverage. Overall I'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom and my wife's mom are both ill. We were fearful that if we had to come back or something happened or we were out of the country or we're out longer than 10 days, so we decided to get an insurance. My wife found Generali Global Assistance online, looked at the price and went ahead and purchase them. So far, it worked out excellently.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I compared 4 different insurance companies, and when I went to Cuba, I used Alliance, but Generali offered a better price for people under 60 years old. I bought the policy online, but I don’t have it yet. It's also very hard to get a live person on the phone. So far, it's not a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going abroad and I always get travel insurance. Generali was not the least expensive, but it provided the best coverage for me for the things that I was particularly concerned about which was my equipment and a rental car overseas. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our travel agent and the people we’re going to visit in Europe recommended Generali Global Assistance so that if we had a problem, we wouldn’t have to pay for it in Germany. I had a couple of options but Generali was cheaper than the other one. So, I went to their website and the purchasing process was fairly straightforward. It was easy to access and the price was okay. I got it for just one trip and it was our backup in case something went wrong.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Generali several years ago for a trip I took with my parents and I bought the insurance from my their campus. I've also used Generali in the past when I was working in Brazil for the first six months to a year and I had a good experience with them. At that time, I had to have a minor operation and I called them to help figure out what was going on and they helped me out a lot with that. The guy who I spoke to and signed me up for my policy was really helpful in walking me through the process. He also told me the reason why I needed the particular version and things I eventually selected. I just had surgery then so I needed a lot of things clarified and he’s able to do that as well. Generali's reps have been helpful and straightforward. I have recommended them to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Typically, whenever I book, the booking already has an insurance attached to it. But I have children and I know that things can happen. So, I booked it all up and got Generali. I did it all online and the experience was good. But it was just for that one trip and we didn't have to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought Generali Global Assistance because I travel to Thailand every three months. This is the second time I am buying it and everything has been good. It was easy to apply online and the website gave me a quote which was easy to follow. Generali's other insurance was cheaper, but I bought the maximum benefits one time and I would recommend it. We’ll never know what will happen when we travel.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're traveling as a group to South Korea four weeks from now and we needed coverage for medical conditions. I was advised by our group tour leader to contact Generali but I had a very difficult time upfront because both the agent and the instructions were unclear. The agent asked me for the cost of our trip so I gave him an estimate of it. It inflated the cost of the insurance so I took it back to the group leader. We went back and forth several times both with the group leader as well as the agent since I could not get any kind of rate coming back that was in line with what I was told was other people's rates. Finally, I got the correct instruction which was to tell Generali to make the cost of the travel zero and that we wanted just the health care insurance. When that happened, the pricing fit my expectations and was reasonable.

The agent could have asked if we're trying to get only health care insurance. Then it would have solved the problem because it's what I was asking for. They kept quoting us $300 plus but I said that’s supposed to be under 100 bucks and we could not resolve where the $200 was coming from. We later realized it was the insurance of the trip cost, should there be a pre-mature cancellation of sorts, that was inflating the total quote. The same thing happened with the online rate calculator. When I keyed in zero for the travel cost, everything fell within the expected area and we proceeded with the booking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a policy from Generali Global Assistance at the beginning of this year for a trip to Hawaii and one for this upcoming trip that we'll be taking. I used to be in the travel industry and I’ve always used them. I also advised my clients to purchase it through the agency. I helped several clients with claims and it went smoothly. I also advised the clients that when they purchase travel insurance and they need to cancel or change anything, everything had to be heavily documented and I made sure I had a backup. I'm no longer in the industry, but I've never had any problems nor complaints from any past clients.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Travel insurance was required by my travel operator. Considering what I needed and the price, I went with Generali. I bought it online and their prices were very similar to other places but slightly lower. It's fortunate that I haven't had to use it but I'm satisfied with it.

Generali Global Assistance Company Profile