2. Travel

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5
Get a Quote

Generali Global Assistance now allows you to Travel Smarter™. As a full-service travel insurance and assistance provider, Generali offers three distinct plans built to serve the diverse needs of today’s traveler. Compare and contrast plan options online on their new website and easily check plan coverages including trip cancellation, baggage loss, medical evacuation and more.

Generali Global Assistance Call Now Toll Free (800) 874-2442 Learn More Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Generali Global Assistance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Original review: May 9, 2020

I talked to one Generali rep who was really nice when I was first getting into insurance. He told me about his company and how they work when I have a problem from overseas. Currently, I get Generali when I'm going out of the country since at my age, having some major things when out of the country would be devastating if I didn't have some kind of insurance. Even though I'm on Medicare and I have good supplemental insurance, that doesn't help when I'm out of the country.

Recently, the cruise I was going on got cancelled a month before the trip date. I already had an airline reservation and insurance and I had to cancel both of those.

While my experience with Generali Global Assistance was fine, they didn't give me a rebate. They gave me credit instead. I went back through TripInsurance whom I contracted to get Generali for me. They made a request to Generali who then said that I needed to come to their website to get a voucher for my money and that would expire by December 31st. It would be a lot easier if they had not put a six-month time limit on it. It’s all a big game that they play. They keep my money in the bank and they make interest on it. That’s what disturbs me. I should get my money back and get interest off of it for myself instead of Generali getting interest off of it. Still, their price is right and their limits are great for that price.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us. Letting us know how we are doing is the best way to ensure the best possible service to all of our customers.

Get buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

The online enrollment was easy but there needs to be an opportunity to enroll with individuals from different states. Since I was responsible for obtaining everyone on my trip, I had to enroll three different plans. Otherwise, I thought the process worked well.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thanks for the feedback and your purchase! Unfortunately this isn’t something that we can do because policy restrictions vary state to state.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Years ago, I traveled to Italy and I was staying in a hotel. I got a wake-up call and I slammed my eyeball into a floating end table. It was a terrible experience. I spent three days looking for an ophthalmologist and there wasn’t anyone qualified at any of the local hospitals that I had gone to. So, even though I had insurance at that point, I have to say it was really kind of useless because there weren’t any specialists around.

Because of that experience, I’ve always decided that I need insurance. I was in major cities in Italy and I was just amazed that it took me three days to find someone qualified to look at my eye. That time, I had to be totally in the dark. I had sunglasses and dishrags over my head so that I didn't get any light from anything. The travel company that I had booked my trip through asked if I would like to go home. I said "Yeah. I'd say so.". They sent me home on an early flight which they paid for. But I would never travel any distance without insurance. My girlfriend recommended Generali Global Assistance to me as an insurance provider. My policy was easy to purchase though it was a little expensive.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your review! We value your feedback and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Easy steps to follow and get insurance for a trip. The reviews that were given state that this company is more likely to comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the policy that most other travel insurance companies.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your feedback and your purchase!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I usually use Generali when I go to Europe. I’ve been travelling for 30 years and I always purchase travel insurance because you never know what’s going to happen. At the end of the year, I might be going to the Middle East so I will be buying health insurance. The one time I made a claim was when I fell and I was bleeding all over. An emergency procedure was done on my lip, neck, face, hands, and legs. And when I went to the hospital, they said we needed to go to another hospital where they had machines to scan me.

It was really good because the hospital itself called to see if they could transfer me to another hospital in an ambulance and they got an approval. The gentleman at the hospital, when I got there, called and helped us so much. He gave me everything. They did an MRI and all the stuff that they had to do. It was excellent. I hurt like hell but I survived. The Generali reps were great. They told me what to do, what to send, and when to send it. I did all those. I got the check within days so I’m very pleased.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback and the time it took for you to share your experience. We hope that everything goes smoothly on your next trip.

Original review: July 7, 2020

The policy of Generali offered more compared to other companies so I went with them. Everything was done online.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value your feedback and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 24, 2020

DO NOT purchase insurance from Generali Global Assistance, if God forbid the flight was canceled for unforeseen reasons OTHER than COVID-19 they will fight it and fabricate false reasons for NOT accepting your claim to cover your expenses!! Yet, they will email you to tell you that we credited the insurance cost that you put forth, you have 6 months to use it with another trip >=(

Generali Global Assistance response

We are sorry the plan coverage didn’t meet your needs. As stated in your policy – the plan you purchased provides coverage for flight cancellations resulting from adverse weather, mechanical breakdown, or organized labor strikes that affect public transportation. An airline failure to carry out the contracted flight arrangement for unforeseen reasons is not a covered event under this policy.

We take the claims process seriously and cannot stress enough the importance of reviewing the sample Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy that is provided at purchase. We also offer a free look back period with all our plans to allow customers to review their policies and cancel within a designated period, so long as you haven’t left on your trip or filed a claim.

Original review: June 17, 2020

We purchased this just in case, as we always do for trips. Claim entered 5/18/2020 (4 + weeks ago) and I can not get an update on my claim. No one to call or contact and NO information provided! We purchased insurance with another company for our flights and that processed in no time and with no issues. CSA / Generali does not provide customer support for what they sale. This has been a waste of time and our money. If you can and or have the ability, choose another insurance carrier as this company is all about stalling and pushing you off to not pay your claim.

Generali Global Assistance response

We're sorry for the delays and for not meeting your expectation. Under normal circumstances, the claims process can take up to 30 days, but this timeline is extended due to the current volume we are experiencing. Your claim is being reviewed and a determination should be coming soon.

Original review: June 15, 2020

My found Generali. He told me he was concerned because I was going on a business trip. With everything that has been going on right now, we were driving and there were a lot of things that could happen. Also, with the insurance that I have, I would not be covered elsewhere except for the state I am in. He talked to somebody when he purchased it and it was a great experience. It was a great deal, so it worked out very well.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review Kelly! We value the feedback from our customers and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 15, 2020

I bought two insurance from this company. Get through is not real write is not real. They don’t return the money, they pull it for three months and give a loan that I must use before the end of this year, otherwise all the money will remain for the company and how much paper they need from me I bought it makes me sick. Such companies should go out of business.

Generali Global Assistance response

We're sorry the voucher does not meet your expectation. Our typical refund policy is 10 days, but has been extended to 30 days to assist customers further. The Insure My Trip policy you purchased does not allow us to provide a refund beyond 30 days.

Generali Global Assistance Company Information