toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to buy CSA Travel Protection which has always had good customer service. But their new plans under Generali are better. Their premium plan includes what older travelers need -- cancel for any reason, pre existing conditions, rental car damages. The coverage for medical transport is $1M which is the max we found.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a group of people going on a mission trip. The travel insurance was for protection and for liability for the church as well as for the individuals. At first, I tried to get a quote on the Generali website and because of the nature of our group that wouldn't work. However, talking directly to an agent did. Their prices seemed good especially for the coverage and with the particular coverage we needed. It was a very good experience from figuring out which product to purchase to the customer service. I talked to two different agents and both of them were great. They did a good job to make sure that I had what I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going to be traveling to Portugal and I needed to find an insurance provider that had pre-existing condition coverage. Generali was one that I could get within the timeline that I was getting the last ticket purchase and I had more flexibility. Their customer service was good. They answered all the questions I had, were able to explain everything and were friendly and courteous. Also, it was an okay price and I wasn’t blown away by it. I had a good experience with them - I'm grateful I was able to talk to the customer service people and get a good explanation of what my needs were and the price was. It was easy and simple to do and I got what I wanted. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was the first time I've used Spirit Airlines. I heard some bad things about it, so I decided to get an insurance. The people where we stayed and made our reservations recommended Generali Global Assistance. I submitted a claim on the phone. They sent us the documents to fill out and we sent it back a week ago. It was a pleasant experience with their customer service. They were knowledgeable and answered all my questions. So far, so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Having a travel insurance was recommended by friends so I decided to get one. I went with Generali because of their general package and the combination of the most reviewers and highest rating which was what I was looking for. Also, they're $50 to $100 different from other companies. My interaction with Generali was very limited. I've just asked their customer service a general question about going from United States to Canada and he said, “Oh, yeah.” But they're fine and the experience has been efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A few years back, my wife had an emergency eye surgery the day before we left and I filed a travel insurance claim. The claim went smoothly and the insurance paid off so I thought about getting it again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used Generali Global Assistance previously when I used to run a vacation rental. They provided travel insurance to protect our guest for their stay there. I also used them a couple of time personally as well. Then I used them again on my most recent travel. They're good. I have had to do claims in the past and it has been good working with them plus their prices are comparable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I travel, I always purchase travel insurance. When I did my reservation for Wendover, I saw Generali Global Assistance on the itinerary and I asked the rep about the insurance and she gave me the number. So I called and their rep told me about the prices and I picked one and paid for it. The experience with their customer service was wonderful. In case we have an accident or something happens to our luggage, we have the insurance. I had excellent service overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was traveling abroad and Generali seemed to have the best mix of features that I like. I purchased the insurance from them and it was all done online. The buying process was easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased through CSA before and I had a good experience with them. There was a merger that took place and I was sent over to a new website and I used Generali Global Assistance for the first time. I went through the website and it seemed to work fine. Getting the insurance was very easy and it was very straightforward.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend recommended Generali and I called them over the phone and signed up. They answered all my questions. So far, I haven't had any problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought Generali plan because sports equipment is included in their middle plan for no extra cost. My golf and ski gear is covered from loss, theft, damage, or delays. This is the only way to travel because of the airlines' awful customer service. Generali was not expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was traveling so I needed travel insurance. I used a comparison website and Generali's rate was very competitive. They have the best price and so I ended up getting a slightly more expensive policy with them for the added protection. Overall, working with Generali was easy. The protection was good and the rates were affordable. The website was great as well. And so, I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Thought I would buy standard plan but Generali's premium plan was so much more robust and had lots of coverages at no extra cost. Their price on the premium plan was not expensive and it's worth the extra coverages versus what it could cost me if an emergency occurred and we had a claim. The premium gives us peace of mind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Generali plans offered a the largest coverage amounts on medical and emergency which is our biggest concern. Pricing was very competitive on their website. Cancel for any reason on the premium plan is no extra cost. Premium also covers preexisting conditions.

Everything went smoothly with signing up for the policy. Fortunately, I didn't have to use it!

I purchased a policy for my family for our beach trip. My son-in-law had just switched jobs and we were worried that he may get called into work so we bought the larger coverage and added on the cancel for any reason. Even though we are driving and not flying, we knew we'd lose more than $1500 if we had to cancel, so we felt like we should purchase. Generali had good options and we liked the new website.

Generali Global Assistance Company Profile