Call toll free
3.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Generali Global Assistance now allows you to Travel Smarter™. As a full-service travel insurance and assistance provider, Generali offers three distinct plans built to serve the diverse needs of today’s traveler. Compare and contrast plan options online on their new website and easily check plan coverages including trip cancellation, baggage loss, medical evacuation and more.

Generali Global Assistance Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I usually use Generali when I go to Europe. I’ve been travelling for 30 years and I always purchase travel insurance because you never know what’s going to happen. At the end of the year, I might be going to the Middle East so I will be buying health insurance. The one time I made a claim was when I fell and I was bleeding all over. An emergency procedure was done on my lip, neck, face, hands, and legs. And when I went to the hospital, they said we needed to go to another hospital where they had machines to scan me.

It was really good because the hospital itself called to see if they could transfer me to another hospital in an ambulance and they got an approval. The gentleman at the hospital, when I got there, called and helped us so much. He gave me everything. They did an MRI and all the stuff that they had to do. It was excellent. I hurt like hell but I survived. The Generali reps were great. They told me what to do, what to send, and when to send it. I did all those. I got the check within days so I’m very pleased.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback and the time it took for you to share your experience. We hope that everything goes smoothly on your next trip.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We’ve been on many, many cruises. When we first started cruising, my husband’s dad died. We didn’t have insurance then and it was quite expensive to get back. So, we decided to take out a travel insurance when we go. We’ve been taking it out through CSA Travel and we’ve been doing it for years. Generali Global Assistance is the carrier that CSA Travel uses. Their rates seem reasonable for the coverage that we want. So far, we’re just hanging out hoping that if we ever have to use them, they would come through for us. I would recommend them.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value your feedback and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

It's always good and invaluable to have insurance when travelling. My friend who is a travel consultant told me she had used Generali previously, so I also went with them. When we were scheduled on our last cruise, we were going to San Juan but because of the storm that hit there, the boat wasn't going there so we cancelled our cruise. I then called Generali and they took all the information. It went very well, and I still have credits with Royal Caribbean.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! Letting us know how we are doing is the best way to ensure the best possible service to all of our customers. We value your feedback and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We’ve been using Generali for years and their website is really easy to use as well as easy to compare. I got coverage from them for a trip to Disney World in May. I’m cautious that way and I like to make sure I am covered in case anything happens. It’s worth the money to have that instead of having to pay out of pocket. I’d rather pay a 100 bucks for insurance and not use it than having to pay thousands and thousands for something that I could’ve only spent a little bit on. Also, I’d pick a higher-rated coverage if we were on a cruise. Get Generali if you’re gonna get travel insurance.

Generali Global Assistance response

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My wife and I are at our early 70's, and we’re concerned that if something happens to us on a trip, we’ll make sure that we’re covered well with insurance. We looked at the options that were offered by each of the insurance companies, and then compared it to the premiums, and Generali came up on top. Then we had to file a claim where we had a bruised area, sprained ankle, and the doctor took an X-ray, which entailed a large charge, which will be covered. We submitted all the paperwork that they asked for and we have acknowledgement that they have accepted the claim. What little experience I’ve had with them, they’ve stood behind the policy and only for a few hundred dollars. I’m very pleased with them.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and are glad to hear that, although you had some medical issues during your trip, we were able to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I had a lovely experience purchasing travel insurance through GGA. It was quick, easy, the agent (Matt) was extremely helpful and cordial. I feel very good about the product and experience, they explained all the options and I got cost effective coverage.

Generali Global Assistance response

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I went with Generali because of the service. My experience with their customer service was good. And they were all helpful too.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I got Generali for some insurance to travel overseas. The company that I traveled with gave me their information. It was very wonderful dealing with their reps from Generali. They were courteous, knowledgeable and were able to answer my questions. I have recommended them.

Generali Global Assistance response

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We had gotten Generali Global Assistance when we went away. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law used it a year ago, and we went this year again on a trip. So we used Generali 'cause it was a little cheaper than the last time we got it. We like the price and coverage. When we called, we talked to them and it was fine. They sent the papers through the mail and we got them within a week's time. Everything was fine. We would use them again. We were satisfied.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and are glad to hear that there were no issues with your trip.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

We've used Generali for a previous cruise and then we got them for the second time around. We already had a certain kind of insurance with our credit card, which covered us there, and Generali's policy nicely handled the remainder and the price. Once the young man from Generali found out that we were ready to purchase then and there, he was happy and took our order, and we got the policy. He was professional, asked only pertinent questions and answered all of mine satisfactorily.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Generali Global Assistance Company Information