Call toll free
3.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Generali Global Assistance now allows you to Travel Smarter™. As a full-service travel insurance and assistance provider, Generali offers three distinct plans built to serve the diverse needs of today’s traveler. Compare and contrast plan options online on their new website and easily check plan coverages including trip cancellation, baggage loss, medical evacuation and more.

381 Generali Global Assistance Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My wife and I are at our early 70's, and we’re concerned that if something happens to us on a trip, we’ll make sure that we’re covered well with insurance. We looked at the options that were offered by each of the insurance companies, and then compared it to the premiums, and Generali came up on top. Then we had to file a claim where we had a bruised area, sprained ankle, and the doctor took an X-ray, which entailed a large charge, which will be covered. We submitted all the paperwork that they asked for and we have acknowledgement that they have accepted the claim. What little experience I’ve had with them, they’ve stood behind the policy and only for a few hundred dollars. I’m very pleased with them.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and are glad to hear that, although you had some medical issues during your trip, we were able to help.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am so thankful I purchased the CSA travel protection insurance when I booked our family vacation. My son was in a terrible automobile accident 3 days prior to us leaving for our trip and I had to submit a claim to recover our cost. The process is like any other claim if you have never submitted one, you need to have a copy of the doctor reports etc. I was contacted by phone for initially and then continued corresponded through email. It took about 2 months to process but we received a full refund. It was well worth the small price to pay when you are already spending thousands on a trip. Plan the trip and buy the insurance!

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We're so sorry to hear about your son's accident and hope he is doing well. We value your feedback and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I looked for travel insurance on my first trip right out of college. I was tight on money, so I wanted to make sure that if something happened I would not go down the drain. There was a comparison of the policies online and so I used that and got Generali. I bought it for the past two trips and have not needed it, and it gave me peace of mind. My husband and I traveled about twice a year and before our second trip, my husband broke his clavicle so we were not able to travel. We provided receipts and a doctor’s note to Generali then we got our money back for everything. And so with the ease of that, we continued to use them. They've been nothing but good for me. People should take a look at what they need in a trip insurance, go to the comparison site I saw, and then if they come to the same conclusion as I did, then I would tell them to go for it.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! Letting us know how we are doing is the best way to ensure the best possible service to all of our customers. We value your feedback and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

A long time ago, I scheduled a trip to Turkey and the agent encouraged me to get a travel insurance. Right before I was scheduled to go on the trip, my sister passed away, so I made use of my travel insurance. I've always kept that in my mind because I would not have been able to get my trip refunded at that late time. This time, I bought a travel insurance from Generali Global Assistance just to be safe. There's a website that gives the quotes of different travel insurance companies. You state what you would be spending on your trip and they would give you the different rates. That's how I narrowed my search for a travel insurance company down and chose Generali. I did everything online and purchasing the insurance was an easy process.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and are glad to hear that there were no issues with your trip.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We were traveling outside the country with my elderly mother and I wanted to make sure that we were covered in case we needed a travel insurance for anything, so I got one. Then, we were going to Colorado and we were staying in a lodge. They recommended Generali as our travel insurance. We said okay and we booked through them. We were able to use that travel insurance when my husband got altitude sickness while in Colorado. We had to have a doctor come to the lodge we were staying at. While he told us upfront that it would not be covered, it was our best alternative rather than driving an hour and a half to an emergency room and spending the night there. In the end, I still applied for the claim and it was paid. I like Generali very much.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! Letting us know how we are doing is the best way to ensure the best possible service to all of our customers. We value your feedback and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Original review: July 26, 2019

My experience with Generali Global Assistance has been very good. One time, I got sick and could not fly. I submitted a claim and changed the flight. I'm completely satisfied with my experience with them. I wanted to have security and to travel with a safe mind that if I have some issues, then I have the insurance. I like it very much and that's why I continue to use them.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you Adolfo for your positive review! Letting us know how we are doing is the best way to ensure the best possible service to all of our customers. We value your feedback and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought my policy through InsureMyTrip.com. Generali's price was good and the policy seemed to cover what we needed.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Last year, when we were making our entrance to go to Ireland, the person that I rented it through suggested Generali. I used it last year and I used it this past spring also. The cruise line broke my suitcase, then we were off of it. I know that would be covered but I just wasn’t sure so, they’re trying to get it fixed. That seems as expensive as buying another one. I’m pleased with Generali and I have recommended them to a few people.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thank you for your positive review! We value the feedback from our customers and appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience with us.

Original review: July 11, 2019

When I called Generali to get a better explanation prior to me purchasing it, the reps were able to explain a little bit better because I was a bit confused that no customer service was put there. The coverage was great but I did not have any issues to make me activate the insurance. I’m sure it would have done what I needed it to do.

Generali Global Assistance response

Original review: July 10, 2019

Because of the amount of money and how long the trip was, which was a three-week period, I figured there were odds where something might happen. The travel outfit suggested Generali so I thought it was fine going with them. If I had to use it, I'm sure they would have come through with it. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with it.

Generali Global Assistance Company Information