2. Travel
  3. Travel Insurance

4.2/5 (71 ratings)

About Generali Global Assistance

Generali Global Assistance is a full-service travel insurance service provider that offers three distinct plans built to serve diverse needs. You can compare and contrast plan options and check out various coverages like trip cancellation, baggage loss, medical evacuation and more on the company’s website.

Pros

• Wide variety of services
  • Operates in 25+ countries
  • Offers Iris Identity Protection app

Cons

• Services can be expensive
  • Some services redundant/unnecessary

Bottom Line

Generali offers comprehensive coverage options for travel insurance, identity protection, cyber security, home care and more. It’s available in more than 25 countries, but its services can be expensive for some.

Generali Global Assistance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Generali Global Assistance?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I went online to purchase the policy and it took a minute to do it. There was a lot of info to fill up. But overall, Generali is good and straightforward.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thanks Anthony for your review. We aim to provide coverage that fits your distinct trip. We're happy you chose to #TravelSmarter.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

The customer service was pretty good.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hi Annamarie. We're happy to have you as a customer and are here to assist anytime. Some portions of your plan are available to use now even. Visit https://www.generalitravelinsurance.com/travel-resources/services

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I did everything online with Generali. I figured out the website by myself quickly so it was easy to use. Generali was a good option price-wise.

Generali Global Assistance response

That's great to hear Amit! Thanks so much for choosing Generali and for choosing to #TravelSmarter

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I bought the insurance online to insure against possible loss primarily due to COVID. The purchasing process was really easy. At this particular time, it is extremely important to have travel insurance.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hello Amanda. Thanks so much for your review! We hope you enjoy your trip.

Original review: July 30, 2021

We had a college reunion that was supposed to take place in May of last year. Because of the pandemic, I had to call to ask Generali to change the travel date from last year to this year. I couldn't find anybody at Generali and I had to hold on the telephone for a long time. But who has time to wait on the phone for 30 minutes or even longer and get no response? I also wrote to Generali hoping to reach them by email. Finally, I got somebody on the phone who took care of everything. They let me change the date and I had to pay an additional 100. In the end, it was a happy ending. But our schedule was postponed a second time so I had to call again.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hello Amy. We're sorry to hear about your change in travel plans. We are experiencing high call volumes due to tropical storm activity. But rest assured our team is working to answer all inquiries asap.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I was insured. I had some problem and the solution was good for me.

Generali Global Assistance response

That's great to hear Agate! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 20, 2021

Generali’s website was easy to navigate and the price was right. I would buy it again if I needed it.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hi Dara. Thanks for your review. Happy Travels!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I was with another company that became Global. The customer service was okay.

Generali Global Assistance response

Hi Anthony. Yes - we indeed did transfer from CSA Travel Protection to Generali Travel Insurance. Rest assured we have the same San Diego based team for customer service and claims.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Purchasing from Generali was excellent. The guy I worked with has been professional. I sent in one claim and they helped me. It was very easy sending in the claim online. Use Generali because it’s very good.

Generali Global Assistance response

That's great to hear Alba! Thanks so much for your review and for sharing your story.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I would recommend looking into Generali, and to see if their particular policy terms and conditions would meet the other person's requirements as well as they did in this particular case for us.

Generali Global Assistance response

Thanks so much Paul. We certainly want our customers to choose the right policy for their circumstances and strive to offer transparent info and a copy of the policy before purchase. Happy Travels!

Generali Global Assistance Company Information