2. Homeowners
Farmers Homeowners Insurance

Farmers Home Insurance

4.0/5 (410 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About Farmers Home Insurance

Farmers works with a large network of agents to offer a variety of home insurance plans, as well as multiple discounts and special coverage options, including policy bundling. Its coverage is highly customizable and available all throughout the U.S. The company also has an app to help with policy management.

Pros

• Large agent network
  • Available nationwide
  • App with policy info

Cons

• A bit pricey
  • App doesn’t allow claims filing

Bottom Line

Farmers offers clear-cut customizable home insurance plans that let you pay only for the coverage you need. Its policies are available nationwide through an extensive agent network.

Top Farmers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was recently involved in an accident… Jennifer ** was my agent and arranged the liability coverage for my claim. She was professional and courteous. Her knowledge of what I need...

Verified

… They really are there for everything!! I call them and they always answer the phone pretty fast and know who I am right away. And they always call to check in with me randomly!....

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About Farmers home insurance

Farmers is a leading home and property insurance provider. It offers several straightforward coverage options for your home, whether you have a rental, a condo, a mobile home or a house you own. It also provides policies for specialty and vacant homes.

Farmers has an easy-to-use website with an efficient quote tool and a search feature that shows all agents in your area and their ratings. If you have questions about Farmers, you can visit its website and enter your ZIP code to get a list of local agents.

Farmers homeowners insurance coverage

Farmers provides three types of home coverage options (except in California, where the Premier package isn't available). Here’s a look at its coverage offerings:

• Standard: Provides basic coverage designed for beginning homeowners. It's typically the most affordable package and includes fundamental coverage you can customize to fit your home and lifestyle.
  • Enhanced: Offers thorough coverage and extended limits; pays for the cost of a roof or home contents without depreciation.
  • Premier: The highest level of coverage for personal property; includes extended replacement cost for your home.

Farmers also includes these additional coverage features:

• Declining deductibles: Every year you renew your policy, you'll qualify for a reduced deductible.
  • Claims free discount: If you've made no claims for several years, you might be eligible for a discount.
  • Claim forgiveness: If you haven’t made a claim in five years, your deductible won't rise with your first claim.
  • Cosmetic damage: If you have functional damage in your home and file a claim, Farmers can help cover the cosmetic issues.

Farmers home insurance quotes

Home insurance quotes vary by location, the cost of a home’s rebuild, personal property and various other factors. Contact your local Farmers agent or use the online quote tool to estimate your coverage rates. To give you an idea of typical annual Farmers insurance costs, for a one-story home in Oklahoma with an estimated reconstruction cost of $128,000, Farmer quotes $1,407 for the Standard package, $1,619 for Enhanced and $1,840 for Premier.

Farmers home insurance FAQ

What does Farmers home insurance cover?
Farmers offers basic coverage like fire and flood insurance, as well as more comprehensive coverage, such as theft of jewelry and roof replacement.
Where is Farmers home insurance available?
Farmers Insurance is available in all 50 states.
How do I file a claim with Farmers home insurance?
To file a claim with Farmers, you can use its website or call your local agent.
Does Farmers offer discounts?
Yes, Farmers offers multiple discounts, some of which will show automatically with its free online quoting tool.

Is Farmers a good home insurance company?

Farmers is a good home insurance company with a user-friendly website, straightforward insurance packages and a vast network of agents. It's probably ideal if you’re looking for an affordable and comprehensive home coverage option. While its rates aren’t the most affordable, Farmers is a well-established company with highly customizable coverage.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: June 26, 2021

I think the payments are okay, but would love to see the deductible of $1000.00 less and more in line with the payments. Unfortunately, I can speak toward their service response or customer service team since I have not had to file a claim in 10 years.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I bundled my cars with my home and it's 1/2 the price of State Farm bundled which I had before. I compared the policies and there is nothing different about them except the price and I have a great deductible of only $1000. I am very happy with them. They also gave me a low earthquake insurance price.

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

LaTroya ** helped me save ~$1,500 on my homeowner's policy AND helped me get even more coverage than I had before! She provided EXCELLENT customer service throughout the entire process. She really TOOK THE TIME to make sure I understood what I was getting and TAILORED my policy to what I needed and wanted. After finalizing the policy, I was told I needed a 4 point inspection (I already paid for and provided a wind mitigation report). Despite this miscommunication, LaTroya went OUT OF HER WAY to figure it out and RESOLVE the issue. I hope to never have to file a claim, but I hope she is still there if I ever do! She is the BEST! I hope Farmers and her direct supervisor know what a GEM she is and how AMAZING she is at her job!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

After searching numerous insurance companies, Farmers had the best price and coverage. It helps that I have all of my cars and homes with Farmers, so they give me a percentage off, but I still haven't found anyone who can beat their prices. When I call my agent, she is always available and answers any questions I have. Customer service has declined in our society, so having great customer service is important to me.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I’ve relied on Farmers Insurance for many years. Their pricing is competitive in TX and although not the lowest the service and expertise of the agent can make a big difference. I haven’t had any major claims but have not heard anything negative there.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I paid two months when the policy renewed, two months the next month and three months the next. They sent me a cancellation notice because they insist the year has to be paid in Advance. THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!! I started the policy with the agent in Atascadero, CA. This is ridiculous because I was never behind!!!

Original review: July 4, 2021

I received a flyer in the mail offering me a premium on my homeowners' insurance of $660/year. I called the phone number on the flyer. They referred me to Farmers Insurance, an agent named Bruce **. I called Bruce for a quote on my three homeowners policies. Farmers Insurance quotes were more than 500% higher than the quotes I received from AllState Insurance. Want to get a new you-know-what ripped for yourself? Just insure with Farmers.

Original review: June 11, 2021

My Farmers agent is always available by phone and email. The cost of insurance is very reasonable, and they are always helpful with advice. I'm a long-time customer and very satisfied with the service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

My Farmers insurance agent is always available to help me, even with the Covid lockdown. By phone or email, I can always reach his office. He even helped me when my mortgage company tried to impose their insurance on me. They apparently thought my policy had lapsed, but they were wrong. I couldn't get help from the mortgage company, but my Farmers agent actually called them on the phone to confirm that they received his paperwork in the mail, and he got their assurance that they would not be adding charges to my mortgage payments for their imposed insurance.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

While this is a reliable company, I have had multiple agents over a 20-plus years as a client/customer. I am not sure if the premiums are determined via computer model or individual on-site assessment..

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Company Information