3.73/5

Farmers Homeowners Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

363 Farmers Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I looked at several other policies and Farmers seemed to have the best prices for the same insurance as the rest. Also, I like the people that work in the office. They are nice to deal with. Farmers is conveniently located near me which makes paying easier. My partner prefers to write checks for the payments and a lot of insurances want to take it directly out of your account instead.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I like Farmer's attention to detail on my policy, and the personal attention they give to customer service. It was the best deal and coverage for me at the time I purchased my home. I would highly recommend to all my friends and family if they were buying a home.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

They were the lowest price compared to others, and their ratings were through the roof. Plus all my friends, family, and co-workers use them too. I'd recommend this company to anybody who asked. Outstanding customer service! They know what they are doing, always willing to help you with any claims. They are willing to help you with finding lower monthly payments as well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I like the full coverage for all buildings on my property, good customer service when needed, easy payment plans, simple claim filing, and great advertising that I find relevant to me. However, I would like a local office to be able to speak to agent face to face and periodically review my coverage to assure that it's what I need, for rising replacement costs. But other than that, Farmers have caring people that treat me as an individual. They also have reasonable rates for the coverage I need.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

They were readily available and seemed most cooperative in the application process. I can pay online and they are fairly quick to respond to any of my inquiries, plus their website is easy to navigate. I also like the fact that they don't call me on the telephone all the time. They require you to have additional coverages as part of the policy package for things that you don't own but have to pay a premium for though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Farmers is very well known and very trusted, for everything. I love their funny commercials of things they covered and I've had them for the longest time since I was 18 and my 1st car. I love how my policy is VERY clear and exact/detailed. My bill is also easy to understand. Usually, I never have ANY questions at all except WHEN IS MY BIll due. The length of the policy and all of the details takes days to read through it all though. I would love it if all communications were just through email no calls or US mail.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My parents always used Farmers. My dad's first job when he graduated from college was with Farmers and my grandfather was on the board of directors. I trust them to cover me and pay claims efficiently and fairly. I have been a Farmers customer for 42 years. I have confidence with my local agent who responds quickly to my calls and calls to review my policy every year. Before they did not accept credit cards but they do now so I'm happy.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We liked how the agent represented himself and Farmers and the fact that he has been with the same company for over 30 years and says that the company is stable. They have been very responsive in our changing needs. They have taken the time to get to know us personally and when there has ever been a reason they were prompt in their response.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Good offer and good customer service. The sales person was honest, sometimes you can just tell, he listen to our needs and and found policies to fit them. Sales people came to check house and gave us good points to fix and or take away, informative about all insurance types and very helpful. However they did not take the time to tell us about other types of insurance. I would have liked more reasonable rates and payments instead of one lump sum. Lower rates would be good.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Farmers was recommended to us from a friend. We met the agent and liked what he had to offer as well as him personally so we signed up and went with them. They have competitive prices and offer a broad range of services. I like their agent and the people that I have dealt with over the phone. I will continue to use them. We have additional coverage on a few other items (guns and jewelry) and they are at reasonable rates as well.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Farmers is a great insurance company. Transparent, good coverage for the price. My agent is smart and friendly. They are very helpful when I have a claim and I enjoy working with them. They have all my other insurance as well. My family has been working with Farmers for almost 70 years. My grandparents used them for their home and auto insurance.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I researched many insurance companies and I was very pleased the premium on my policy. I was very pleased with the coverage and customer service Farmers has offered and maintained during the duration I have owned my own which is now going on 16 years. After Hurricane Rita Farmers was paying my extreme damages while family and friends were still waiting for their companies to come and assess their damages. However, I hate the strict regulations that Farmers has regarding trampolines. We had just bought one and had to sell it for a fraction of what we had paid for it because of the clause in my insurance policy.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Farmer's service is good; like discounts they make available to use; give discount for direct pay from bank; easy to get a hold of agent too. They always make sure to check if I need more from company. They also provide very good bundled services and their price was better than others for services they provide. The company provides all I can ask for as well. Other companies did not provide what I wanted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I had to have insurance or I could not buy my house. I have a mortgage on my home and it had to be covered until the house is paid off. I like that Farmers has a local office and friendly local employees who listen to your needs. They are nice and helpful to you when you go in the office and you need help with your insurance. However, it is hard to get them to answer the phone or to return your phone call. When you need to talk to them they are not always in the office to talk to. Also they raised my rates without telling me.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I got Farmers for a great price, they covered what I needed covered, the agent was friendly, polite and knowledgeable about what kind of coverage I would need and he also recommended ways to save money as well. Also, he doesn't avoid answering questions. They answer your calls right away and if they do not know the answer to a question they get back to you as soon as they have asked the proper channels and gotten an answer. They have made it very easy to understand and send out a breakdown of what is covered and what amounts my coverage is for in case I ever need to file a claim. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My late husband choose Farmers over 15 years ago. He was really good at looking out for us, so I'm confident it’s a good policy. I also like having a local agent in case I need her. Farmers Homeowners is not cheap though. But you need it and I'm too lazy to compare rates, so it's okay. Never had an issue with them as well.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

They are less expensive, good policy for the money, low deductible, and good courteous service. Other policies didn't just seem right for my needs and most of the companies were just online and I love that we have an office that I can go to sit down and talk with someone or just walk in and make a payment. I have everything in my homeowners policy that I could possibly want. They provide low payments that can be split up into months. Easy to pay, always correct billing, fast and fair claims process. They offer one on one service and I love that I was referred by a long time customer.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Farmers was the easiest to deal with and stay with because I have had them for a while and it would be a bother to change. The payments are easy and they don't bother me at all which is a benefit because I lead a busy life and don't like to have my time wasted a lot of time. I wish they were easier to contact though because I have a hard time getting a hold of them when I need to but other than that, I have no issues at all.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I like that this insurance company product is that cover everything up. Whatever the damage is fixed in a fast manner. Also you have the option to insure other things that you have in the house like kitchen, refrigerator, TV, desktop computer. I did chose Farmers because the price is good value to this features and it is one of the best in all markets and even in the world. So I can say I can walk totally secure around the house. But I would like to change that the insurance cover the car while it's in the house, because the car is not covered while being parked in the garage. Neither the things I leave inside the car are covered by the insurance policy.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Farmers offered the best pricing but we have continued with them as our provider because of our agent and the integrity of the company as a whole. Our agent is also very easy to get a hold of and they always answer our questions quickly and honestly. While they do reward you in some ways for being a longstanding customer, I wish there were more incentives for being a loyal, long standing customer with no homeowners claims. But other than that, they are very easy to work with and their pricing is very competitive in the insurance market.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I chose Farmers Homeowners insurance policy over other insurance policies because they were within my budget needs. And came highly recommended amongst those I ask who are homeowners themselves. I like that they are super innovative and helpful. I feel like I'm getting taken care by the best. I always give a positive opinion when asked about my homeowner’s insurance. They seem to be on the right upward path. I feel super secured selecting them as my homeowner’s insurance and would highly recommended them too.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They had the best rates around when I was looking around for homeowners insurance and I like how they do their business. They do it right the first time. It's what I look for and did everything I had wanted. They have always done me right. Every time I have ever called them they always treat me right. They have been amazing as well. I will always go with this company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They are Willing to work with payments. The company is very honest when describing options, they keep the language simple and understandable. The company also provided multiple option, and explained each option to us in detail, taking their time to help us find our best fit. Compared to others, they were honest and upfront about all options. Buying a house is scary, and they made the insurance part a breeze and put us at ease the entire time we were choosing between companies. By not being pushy they won us over. They Worked with me to provide a insurance that was suitable to our living standards.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They are established and have been around for a very long time, so I had some trust in the fact that they are not a fly by night business. They can be local in times of trouble, they are quick responding when there is a catastrophe. However, the time to actually settle a claim can be very lengthy and also they tend to respond fast but then it does take some time to settle the claim. Also, their rates are quite unreasonable since our area hadn't suffered any catastrophic events in a decade.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Farmers insurance covers my property in case something such as a hurricane, tornado, or other natural problem, or even a man-made problem should arise. However, the insurance premiums are too high for the amount of use we get from our policy. It sounds as if I am complaining, but we haven't had to use our policy at all. Price is after all the king when trying to save and we chose Farmers based on this. That sounds cheap, but when all the bills come, you would be glad you have money left.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Farmers is a family owned company with a good reputation. I've had many family members suggest going through this company and I like being able to contact my agent 24/7. However, I dislike the high Monthly Financial obligations and not being able to lower those obligations. I also don't like the monthly premiums. But, I could do Automatic payment withdrawal from my account on or before due day. It's the feature that I like the most.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

They are easiest to understand when making the purchase. It covered the things I thought were necessary and I felt like I was an important customer. Price is reasonable for the coverage. The policy is easy to understand and when I have questions I can find the answers usually fast. Claims are handled quickly and very fairly too. I would like for them to let me know if any new or different policies might be available in my area though. Also, how I might be able to save money by improving my property possibly a home inspection to assure me that I am up to code in all areas. But all in all, Farmers is very informative and satisfying.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband, who passed away two years ago, had done the research and determined Farmers Homeowners was a good fit for us. I have kept it because I trusted his expertise. They are very quick in answering phone calls. Always has a good answer and willing to suggest solutions. I like that I can have all my insurance under one company. I have had 2 automobile issues in the last two years. A deer ran into my car and another driver hit me and both were solved promptly.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have a good experience with their auto insurance and I could bundle to get a better price and great coverage. I also like the coverage offered. Farmers Insurance offers a large selection of features which homeowners can add to their basic coverage and these features help customers to meet their needs and offer some peace of mind. One of the features I like is the claim forgiveness which waive the surcharge when you have not filed a claim for about six years. Love also the cosmetic damage coverage and the eco rebuild one.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I like the local representatives who know us and are easy to talk to both in person and on the phone. When we added our children to our policy agent was extremely helpful. When we've reviewed our policy agent helped find some places we could save money. When we had a disaster 5 years ago Farmers was quick, helpful, made the settlement easy for us and did not raise our rates.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Company Information