Farmers Homeowners Insurance

Farmers Homeowners Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Compare Quotes

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was recently involved in an accident where I was injured as the passenger and the driver was at fault. This happened out of state for me. Jennifer ** was my agent and arranged the liability coverage for my claim. She was professional and courteous. Her knowledge of what I needed was excellent. The convenience of being able to get things done without having to come into an office after surgery was a plus. I highly recommend this company for your insurance needs. I can't express how pleased I am with Jennifer and all that she has done for me. Thanks for all you do!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently moved and at the same time changed my auto and home policies from State Farm to Farmers, because home policy was cheaper from Farmers. Spent an hour with the agent to do the paperwork. Within two months, was asked to submit other docs on both policies upon pain of cancellation or premium increase, both of which happened. This is after no claims with previous insurers going back to 1977. Went to GEICO online and did everything online in 15 minutes AND saved money besides. Do yourself a favor and use anyone but Farmers.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

After 29 years of paying Farmers Insurance we had to make a claim on our home. We had a hail storm in South Dakota which left the siding of our house cosmetically damaged and exposed to the elements. It has taken Farmers 6 months to call out an engineer and deny the claim because the siding is now weathered. The claim was denied because the siding is weathered after the hail beat the finish off. The adjuster said since the siding is weathered and would not pay the claim because weather caused the damage and “That’s just the way the siding wears”. Hmm let’s see "weather” aka “hailstorm". Blasts a finish off a substrate leaving it exposed to “the weather”, but weather didn’t cause this? Last time I checked hail is weather!

The wrapped J trim around all the brick molding was also beat to crap. This is installed before the siding forming a J channel. Farmers will pay for a hack and caulk job which gives about a year before moisture rots the siding. Since Farmers is denying the claim it forces us to get a loan to pay for the hail damage, a weather event. Very funny Farmers! Don’t believe the commercials! They won’t cover it!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I have family and friends with this insurance and they all love it. The policy was cheap and easy to obtain. The company is reliable. The customer care is excellent. They are very nice and they answer all of my questions easily and fast. It's easy to afford and I've never had an issue with the company. I don't plan on ever using another insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Farmers is competitively priced with the best coverage for the things that are important to me, which gives me the confidence that if something should go wrong that I am properly cover in that event. And generally they have knowledgeable and friendly customer service reps which are able to take care of most questions. They need better customer service at times though. Customers don't like to be treated as if they are bothering the rep. Some people should not be on the phone if they are having a bad day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My agent is close by, he's fast, friendly and reliable on claims and quotes. Don't like doing business more than 100 miles away. I like that I have 30 day grace period. They have fair prices. But my deductible is too high sometimes. No hassles, or problems so far. I can call in claim any time of day 365 days a year hardly ever any questions asked. They will always cut me a check with no questions asked. They have competitive rates but they are raising my rates shortly after a claim, or even getting canceled. It difficult to find insurance in a timely manner especially when you need it. I don't like it when they raise my premium. Plus, the secretary is incompetent, or just plain lazy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I chose this because it's been in my family all my life. So far it's been great for me. Their prices are really low and they always have. Everything they've done to get from their prices of the benefits of been great. Now if they went up on their prices I might just like them but they haven't went up on their prices out. So far they've been treating me well too.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Farmers was cheaper than our last plan and my husband is always looking to get a better rate. As far as I know certain things are covered and certain things are not covered. An example would be we need a new roof and unfortunately our home warranty is up and insurance only pays in certain cases. So we will have to figure out how we will pay for that. I wish it was more affordable and the insurance company would cover the cost of our roof to be fixed because it has a few leaks in it. But as far as I know we will have to pay for that fix out of our own pockets which really stinks.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We shopped around a lot and Farmers had the best prices, our agent suggested them over all the other ones because they found the price to be better. However, we found that many times when we call them, they have very bad customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I chose Farmers because they have an office in my hometown. They are a great company to work with. I can go by anytime if I have questions or concerns about my policy. The employees are very knowledgeable about products sold. They help to find your best coverage with the lowest cost possible. However the price of the policies could always be improved.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Company Information