Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Farmers Homeowners Insurance
3.88/5

Farmers Homeowners Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

398 Farmers Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 9, 2019

My home flooded due to a backup in the common line. The HOA's insurance is Farmers. Since it was due to a common line issue, we had to go through HOA insurance. First off, they lowballed the amount - which is expected. They didn't account for higher prices given the local economy. They brought their own contractor, which seems shady. Then, they tried to force my HOA into using their contractor, which only has a 1-star review. It all seems highly illegal (I'm not a lawyer, but they are pushing the envelope with ethics). On top of all of it, the adjuster himself speaks down to me, strong arms my HOA contractor, speaks to me with no respect and is unwilling to negotiate, because he wants his contractor to do the work and he refuses to pay for another contractor. Avoid Farmers. Go with Homesite instead (my personal insurance).

Original review: March 22, 2019

Winter, 20F, heater not working, no electricity, power outage. Hotel rates in the area soaring to $500-600 per night. Asked for their special rate to accommodate family for 1 night. Farms opened a claim - first for 7 years on the policy, and with no any help did not close it. Next year premium raised 50% - called - "You have open claim, possible property damage". Tried to shot for insurance - ALL saying, "Your residence is listed as total loss, we can not insure it." Upper management even did not responded.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was recently involved in an accident where I was injured as the passenger and the driver was at fault. This happened out of state for me. Jennifer ** was my agent and arranged the liability coverage for my claim. She was professional and courteous. Her knowledge of what I needed was excellent. The convenience of being able to get things done without having to come into an office after surgery was a plus. I highly recommend this company for your insurance needs. I can't express how pleased I am with Jennifer and all that she has done for me. Thanks for all you do!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently moved and at the same time changed my auto and home policies from State Farm to Farmers, because home policy was cheaper from Farmers. Spent an hour with the agent to do the paperwork. Within two months, was asked to submit other docs on both policies upon pain of cancellation or premium increase, both of which happened. This is after no claims with previous insurers going back to 1977. Went to GEICO online and did everything online in 15 minutes AND saved money besides. Do yourself a favor and use anyone but Farmers.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

After 29 years of paying Farmers Insurance we had to make a claim on our home. We had a hail storm in South Dakota which left the siding of our house cosmetically damaged and exposed to the elements. It has taken Farmers 6 months to call out an engineer and deny the claim because the siding is now weathered. The claim was denied because the siding is weathered after the hail beat the finish off. The adjuster said since the siding is weathered and would not pay the claim because weather caused the damage and “That’s just the way the siding wears”. Hmm let’s see "weather” aka “hailstorm". Blasts a finish off a substrate leaving it exposed to “the weather”, but weather didn’t cause this? Last time I checked hail is weather!

The wrapped J trim around all the brick molding was also beat to crap. This is installed before the siding forming a J channel. Farmers will pay for a hack and caulk job which gives about a year before moisture rots the siding. Since Farmers is denying the claim it forces us to get a loan to pay for the hail damage, a weather event. Very funny Farmers! Don’t believe the commercials! They won’t cover it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I have family and friends with this insurance and they all love it. The policy was cheap and easy to obtain. The company is reliable. The customer care is excellent. They are very nice and they answer all of my questions easily and fast. It's easy to afford and I've never had an issue with the company. I don't plan on ever using another insurance company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Farmers is competitively priced with the best coverage for the things that are important to me, which gives me the confidence that if something should go wrong that I am properly cover in that event. And generally they have knowledgeable and friendly customer service reps which are able to take care of most questions. They need better customer service at times though. Customers don't like to be treated as if they are bothering the rep. Some people should not be on the phone if they are having a bad day.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My agent is close by, he's fast, friendly and reliable on claims and quotes. Don't like doing business more than 100 miles away. I like that I have 30 day grace period. They have fair prices. But my deductible is too high sometimes. No hassles, or problems so far. I can call in claim any time of day 365 days a year hardly ever any questions asked. They will always cut me a check with no questions asked. They have competitive rates but they are raising my rates shortly after a claim, or even getting canceled. It difficult to find insurance in a timely manner especially when you need it. I don't like it when they raise my premium. Plus, the secretary is incompetent, or just plain lazy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I chose this because it's been in my family all my life. So far it's been great for me. Their prices are really low and they always have. Everything they've done to get from their prices of the benefits of been great. Now if they went up on their prices I might just like them but they haven't went up on their prices out. So far they've been treating me well too.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Farmers was cheaper than our last plan and my husband is always looking to get a better rate. As far as I know certain things are covered and certain things are not covered. An example would be we need a new roof and unfortunately our home warranty is up and insurance only pays in certain cases. So we will have to figure out how we will pay for that. I wish it was more affordable and the insurance company would cover the cost of our roof to be fixed because it has a few leaks in it. But as far as I know we will have to pay for that fix out of our own pockets which really stinks.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Company Information