Protect what matters most

Protect my home
Farmers Homeowners Insurance
3.88/5

Farmers Homeowners Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Protect what matters most

Compare Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Protect my home

396 Farmers Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I decided to chose this home owners policy over others based on a referral from a friend of mine who had been using this same insurance company. Additionally, the cost when compared to others when I was searching was far more reasonable and covered more. They are easy to deal with when making a claim. They have a call in number that you can call into at any given time that you need to make a claim. But they should have more personal connection with the agent to review policies each year and see what could be bundled in order to get more value from each dollar.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The coverage of my house and property is outstanding. When I have needed to file a claim, they are very easy to work with and have a claims adjuster contact you very quickly. But I wish they a more comprehensive website and an easier to use app.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Farmers is one of few homeowners insurance companies that cover in my area. Some insurance policies can be very expensive for little coverage but with them I have great coverage for a fair price! The overall cost of the insurance is very reasonable! They also have other policies that you can use on top of the homeowners and bundled into 1 bill and policy!!! Plus, I love the ease of obtaining the policy and all interactions with them! The customer service is over the top great! They are a great company who offers great services.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Farmers is a major player in the insurance field and we have had a long term relationship with them. We like their multiple policy discount and that their insurance agent is local to our address and easy to reach when needed. In addition, we can adjust our auto policy if on vacation by a simple phone call. However, the overall pricing for the policies tends to increase too quickly with inflation and the quickness that they increase rates following a claim is sometimes disturbing.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Farmers was recommended to us by family members. Farmers offered good coverage for our home and possessions and provided it at a reasonable price. The company is conveniently located with local office in our town as well and the agents are always polite and very helpful. The insurance agents there are very professional and competent too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Farmers had the best price available. Though not outstanding, the insurance has been adequate. It was quick to sign up for and be approved. I like the salesperson, the auto pay for my insurance and the online page. The website security is very good. There are many good review for this company too. But I didn't like having to take pictures of the property. They should take lender's proof. I dislike the email statements not having mail statements to look at to deal with as well. May look for other options.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Farmers was recommended to me and they gave me a really good quote. They are always available when they are needed. The company is very responsible. I like the amount of coverage this company gives you for a good price. The people you talk to with this company are very receptive to your needs. But maybe they could have someone recommend more ways for me to save money would be an added benefit. Other than that, my policy is great just the way it is.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I figured since I already have car insurance with Farmers I just bundled and saved a little more with bundling vehicle and homeowners insurance together and plus on less bill to worry about!! They really are there for everything!! I call them and they always answer the phone pretty fast and know who I am right away. And they always call to check in with me randomly! But they could do a lot better on their website. The information is hard to find on there. Otherwise they do amazing with everything else I need!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I've done business with Farmers Homeowners Insurance before and their prices were always affordable. I've had a claim before a long time ago but they were right on top of it and I didn't have any problems getting paid at all. My daughter and a few friends also had Farmers at the time so I figured we all couldn't be wrong in choosing our insurance company. They are pretty competitive in what they charge, but I dislike paying as much as I currently do for insurance. But it's not one specific insurance company, all insurance is expensive no matter who you choose.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have been with Farmers Insurance for many years and they have always treated me fairly and honored my claims. I have spoken to countless others who say the same thing about Farmers Insurance in Taylor, TX as I do and that is that they are fair, just and honest. They are trustworthy and sold me the best policy that they could based on where my property is and they stand behind all policies sold. They are as good as any other insurer and better than most. I have never heard a bad comment about Farmers Insurance company and doubt that I ever will hear anything wrong with how that they conduct business.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Easiest to work with Farmers Homeowners Insurance than other companies for the price that you pay for the yearly amount. They go right to the mortgage company so you don't have to. They pay on a claim quickly and without any issues. I contacted them and they let me know what I had to do to get my money to replace my house and belongings after a fire. However, the cost that they charge for the yearly fee should be lower than it is currently and I would like a list of things to qualify after building a new house and/or a visit from the agent to make sure everything is correct.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I looked at many insurance options for my house and Farmers Homeowners Insurance had good ratings which is important but also had the cheaper rates. I liked many features of the insurance company including the live person interaction and low payments. These things are important for any home buyer as costs and customer service are essential to ease of living. However, I would prefer the costs to stop raising on insurance in general as the cost of living is not increasing and neither is my home's value.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Farmers Homeowners Insurance is the cheapest and most valuable of all the companies that offer this service. They are straightforward and agents give you the most competitive rates available. However, these companies should be more competitive and not charge so much money for something that one is forced to purchase.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I went through an agent who recommended Farmers and for my specific needs and my budget we had decided they were probably my best option. I have never tried anyone else or really seen a need to because they have been so great to me so far. I trust them. I have been loyal to them for years and have had no issues with them. They have been affordable and great at answering any questions I may have, but they could be a little more transparent. I am not even for sure what is covered and what is not.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The last time I owned a home with my ex-wife, we went with Farmers and have always had strong recommendations from family and others as to their reliability and claims. I like the long-time stability of the company. I only wish the homeowner policy included much more detail of coverage without having to go back and ask about what needed to be covered by additional riders if any. They have good agent service and reasonable rates. The agent was very informative and gave me a special bundled deal which covered my automobiles as well as my home and property.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Farmers Homeowners Insurance had the lowest rate at the time and I mostly choose the lowest rate because we end up not needing their help. It was a company I was familiar with and had the best rate per year for the coverage we get. Insurance companies are a ripoff really. I don't like any company better than the other. They are all out for themselves only. If you don't have a claim for 1 year, you should get a monetary return. Paying year after year with no claims is a lose lose for me and a win win for the insurance company. They are in it to make as much money as they can and help you as little as they can.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My home has several large trees and a fireplace, in the event that a tree fell or I had a chimney fire at my home I wanted an insurance company I could rely on to fulfill their obligations to provide necessary repairs or replacement. I believe that Farmers Insurance stands behind their word and are committed to fulfilling their duty to give homeowners peace of mind protection. I have heard good things about them and nothing negative unlike most other big name insurance companies. I have heard horror story after horror story from homeowners that used a different company. The overall price that Farmers charges homeowners for their policies could be slightly lowered though and allow them to stay competitive. Other than that, they are noted as being very reliable and I get what I pay for.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have been with Farmers for a long time now and had no problems as of yet. They are okay. They were recommended by my parents - my parents also use them. Farmers make it easier to contact and get help if needed. Easier website access too. I will continue to use most likely.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I chose Farmers due to having a local agent that I can have face to face contact. This insurance company gives you many options to bundle different policies. I like the convenience of billing monthly by automatically deducting from my checking account. I also like that I can include everything that needs insured in my homeowner's policy. However, I feel that the deductible is too high but the lower your deductible the higher your premiums. Also, there's an increase in billing every year even though we do not file any claims. Still, I have been a loyal client for years and will continue to as they have been a great company. I would recommend this company to all my friends and family due to the ease of getting and updating our policies.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The Farmers coverage is just what I need for my situation. The insurance agent was helpful without being pushy. Explains everything in detail while trying not to overwhelm the customer. Also reasonable pricing with friendly agents that are knowledgeable in their product. They will not sell you insurance that you do not want or need. But Farmers should make the policy readable by the general public. It's hard to know what is required and what will be covered if you ever need to file a claim. Beware too, if you file a claim your policy will go up by quite a bit. Otherwise would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My wife owned the house and she chose Farmers because she knew the local agent and they came out to inspect the house immediately whereas other companies wouldn't have done it for quite a while. She subsequently died and the house passed over to me and I saw no reason to change. Farmers is a reliable company, known for paying off when a problem with the home occurs, fire, tornado, etc. We spoke to friends we knew used the company and everyone was well pleased with it. Also easy to reach with questions. But the company should inform the buyer that options are available such as it being unnecessary to insure the house for the cost of rebuilding it as opposed to insuring it for its actual sale value. I never knew this was possible.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

It's a company my family has used for years so I decided if they liked it that much for so long I wanted to give it a try too. I can bundle several different insurances, too. I like the client that personally is assigned to me and the flexibility when you need them and they work with you. Decent pricing and quality customer service .

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Farmers was the same company I had for the house before that and the house before that. It made it easier to just call and give the new address. The deductible we have was reasonable and affordable. I had been using them for years. It was easy to keep using them. I don't have to go through the process of getting new quotes or agents. We know our local agent and he knows the area and what we need. The local person we use is helpful and has very good information and so far they have been really helpful with questions. However, I think that maybe the local agent should have answers to questions. Sometimes his hands are tied and can't do much.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Really liked the agent and what the company had to had to offer at the time. The company was a solid company and we felt reassured by that. They had a good payment plan option and really good coverage. The agent came all the way out to our home. He was very approachable and knowledgeable about his company products. He explained what his company had to offer. We loved the agent and signed up. He wasnt pushy at all which was nice. Farmers kept raising prices a lot though and when we would talk to the agent about it he was unable to give us an answer. After that I started getting quotes from other companies that cost almost half of what we were paying. After being with this company for over eight years was really disappointed that their rates had gone up so high.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I like the coverage, customer service, price, agent availability and the company has an exceptional reputation and wonderful communication skills. But they could improve the billing process and the way that their online business services are conducted.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I just like the security of being covered when and if something unexpected happens to my home. The insurance is something I need but I don't like the rates. I also don't like that the law in my area requires it and that you can be punished for using it if they think too many things happened too close together. I don't like that they find exclusions, too. But we really didn't have the option to pick from different companies because no one wants to cover a mobile home.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Farmers was so much cheaper than any other insurance company. I shopped 5 total insurance companies and they were the best priced and they have lower premiums than anyone else I checked with. When I had a claim they were extremely fast in getting it resolved. I want even cheaper rates though. If you do not make a claim for several years, then you should be able to get lower rates each year. Let those that have issues pay for those issues.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We have used it for over 30 years. It was accessible and affordable. It was good insurance for a young couple starting out. They have always been convenient and dependable and we have been able to work with the agents. We have used them for fixing a flood in the basement and some clean-up with a bathroom flood. The needs we had grew with the growth of our family and the insurance has grown with our needs. However, all insurances punish people for using them. Usually this happens when the policy price is increased for using it. It. Would be nice if we could find health insurance and do a full insurance package.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I love how well Farmers is put together and established. It is magnificent for everything that goes along with and it is an amazing program and there is only good to come from it. Farmers is the best one and makes the most sense for me and my family to have chosen with the right one. Everyone should be with it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Farmers was recommended by a friend of mine who has been covered by this particular agency. I contacted them and I was very happy with the personal experience of the agency. Farmers is a well known company that has a local agent office that I can trust and talk to in person or by phone for help as needed. The agent and I went over coverage offerings and discussed the potential coverage. When I have a question about anything the staff will respond quickly to my concerns.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Company Information