Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Farmers Homeowners Insurance
3.88/5

Farmers Homeowners Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They had the best rates around when I was looking around for homeowners insurance and I like how they do their business. They do it right the first time. It's what I look for and did everything I had wanted. They have always done me right. Every time I have ever called them they always treat me right. They have been amazing as well. I will always go with this company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They are Willing to work with payments. The company is very honest when describing options, they keep the language simple and understandable. The company also provided multiple option, and explained each option to us in detail, taking their time to help us find our best fit. Compared to others, they were honest and upfront about all options. Buying a house is scary, and they made the insurance part a breeze and put us at ease the entire time we were choosing between companies. By not being pushy they won us over. They Worked with me to provide a insurance that was suitable to our living standards.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They are established and have been around for a very long time, so I had some trust in the fact that they are not a fly by night business. They can be local in times of trouble, they are quick responding when there is a catastrophe. However, the time to actually settle a claim can be very lengthy and also they tend to respond fast but then it does take some time to settle the claim. Also, their rates are quite unreasonable since our area hadn't suffered any catastrophic events in a decade.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Farmers insurance covers my property in case something such as a hurricane, tornado, or other natural problem, or even a man-made problem should arise. However, the insurance premiums are too high for the amount of use we get from our policy. It sounds as if I am complaining, but we haven't had to use our policy at all. Price is after all the king when trying to save and we chose Farmers based on this. That sounds cheap, but when all the bills come, you would be glad you have money left.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Farmers is a family owned company with a good reputation. I've had many family members suggest going through this company and I like being able to contact my agent 24/7. However, I dislike the high Monthly Financial obligations and not being able to lower those obligations. I also don't like the monthly premiums. But, I could do Automatic payment withdrawal from my account on or before due day. It's the feature that I like the most.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

They are easiest to understand when making the purchase. It covered the things I thought were necessary and I felt like I was an important customer. Price is reasonable for the coverage. The policy is easy to understand and when I have questions I can find the answers usually fast. Claims are handled quickly and very fairly too. I would like for them to let me know if any new or different policies might be available in my area though. Also, how I might be able to save money by improving my property possibly a home inspection to assure me that I am up to code in all areas. But all in all, Farmers is very informative and satisfying.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband, who passed away two years ago, had done the research and determined Farmers Homeowners was a good fit for us. I have kept it because I trusted his expertise. They are very quick in answering phone calls. Always has a good answer and willing to suggest solutions. I like that I can have all my insurance under one company. I have had 2 automobile issues in the last two years. A deer ran into my car and another driver hit me and both were solved promptly.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have a good experience with their auto insurance and I could bundle to get a better price and great coverage. I also like the coverage offered. Farmers Insurance offers a large selection of features which homeowners can add to their basic coverage and these features help customers to meet their needs and offer some peace of mind. One of the features I like is the claim forgiveness which waive the surcharge when you have not filed a claim for about six years. Love also the cosmetic damage coverage and the eco rebuild one.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I like the local representatives who know us and are easy to talk to both in person and on the phone. When we added our children to our policy agent was extremely helpful. When we've reviewed our policy agent helped find some places we could save money. When we had a disaster 5 years ago Farmers was quick, helpful, made the settlement easy for us and did not raise our rates.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was new in town and my friend worked for the agent. She gave me a quote and it was very reasonable. I liked the agent and the agent associates. They were very helpful and accommodating. So I went with Farmers for my home and auto insurance. I had insurance with Farmers Insurance for a few years and was always pleased with the rates and the service. Although I never had to file any claims they were always very professional when I dealt with them. But without warning and not having any claims my insurance went up over $100. So I chose to shop around and found another company with comparable coverage at a cheaper rate.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Farmers was the only company I could find and afford to offer me replacement coverage. With Actual Cash Value I could face a bill of over $10,000 and I cannot afford that. I was able to get replacement coverage for my roof rather than actual cash value coverage. I live in an area where hailstorms are very prevalent and I am on Social Security so I need to know my roof will be fixed for an amount I can afford. While the premium is affordable it was still very high. Insurance is too expensive especially on Social Security income but is a necessity for a homeowner.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The price was fair and the agent that I spoke to knew what she was talking about. I have a local agent is close by so if I need anything I can call her. I like that their customer service is knowledgeable and patient, if I have any questions they are easily answered. Also, they have different insurance plans that I can choose from. I can pick the features that I want and not have to pay for what I don't use.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I chose Farmers due to an established agent that we have known for years and trusted. It is important to have a person in the town I live in to talk to in the event of needed to file a claim. I feel the cost for the policy is high considering there has never been a reason for a claim over the years. I feel insurance is a racket for the amount of money that is collected. But other than that, I like that most of the items in the house are replaceable but not all are like the keepsakes and photos. The replacement or the house and the contents are important to me.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Farmers was the only real insurance company that would insure our home. We were located in Corpus Christi Texas. The only other insurance companies that would cover us were the small independent agents that you cannot count on during a hurricane or other similar insurance problem. Our agent and his staff were very friendly and helpful during the entire time we had a Farmers policy. Farmers was fine, but charged more because they knew homeowners had no other choice. We never had a claim but paid more anyway just in case. Supply and demand in our area allowed Farmers to charge more because of the lack of insurers, but they did not price gouge like USAA does when they get a similar situation. For that we were thankful to have Farmers insurance.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Farmers was much better than previous carriers. It was also much less and didn't need the added coverage the previous carrier pushed off on me to make a commission. I like the amount of coverage for my 30-year-old home with new roof and yard fence that I put on myself. I like how it covers anyone's vehicle parked on my property too. But I wish they have less coverage on items 10 years and older inside other than tools and certain specific things inside the home that are not needed on the policy currently.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Farmers was the company my husband had insurance with. When my insurance expired I joined him with his insurance company. I divorced but continued to stay with Farmers. This seems to be the best coverage and the best price. Having 24 hour customer service available to customers is a plus. The representative are knowledgeable and friendly. Customer service online is also pleasant. However, I am unable to have the price reduced without giving up some coverage and putting home and family at risk or in danger. My financial situation has been dramatically reduced causing me difficulty in paying for insurance. Companies do not consider this.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Farmers Homeowners were very reasonably priced and easy to contact. I never needed to file a claim with them, but I believe that if I had, it would have been handled well. My experience was always positive and I found no downside to doing business with this company. I chose to remain with this company after inheriting property which my mother had insured through them for many years. She had always said they were a good company, and I have found the same to be true.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We chose Farmers Homeowners insurance policy because it came highly recommended from friends as well as good reviews online. And it also gave us the best rates for our money. We like all the bundled discount savings we got for insuring our home as well as our vehicles etc. It saved us a lot of money bundling these things together. Our Agent is also wonderful to deal with and very informative! Although, I always wish for premiums to be lower of course, especially if claims never have to be made.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I like doing doing business with this company. They treat me very well each time I call. They have reasonable rates for the service I receive. They treat me very respectfully and I am very happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I annually review my insurance to make sure I am getting the best coverage for the money spent and Farmers has always been the company that I stay with and have never found a legitimate reason to leave Farmers Insurance. My policy covers all from liability to property damage and has the best cost to coverage ratio that I ever found. My agent has been with me for 18 years. He gets back to me in a reasonable amount of time and always has been courteous and looks out for me and not his commissions. My agent is responsive and contacts me periodically to review my coverage and make any changes and/or adjustments that we feel needed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I wanted a company that take out the time to explain the policy with me. I wanted a insurance company that I could trust and know that when I needed them, they would be there for me and my family. Also to give us the most appropriate insurance needed for our home and property. I like Farmers' customer service and the quick response when you have a problem or just need an answer to a problem. But I wish more business could be completed online have more options online. I also wish there were more physical locations available so that I could sit down face to face with the agent.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Farmers Homeowners offers a way to be something so much better and more informative as well. It has a way to bundle things you need and make it stand out for the better. It has a look and feel to be something that others cannot. It would help in the long run to make it better and have my life. They make it something much more for the people and has a look to be very different and more interesting. It has a way to something more worse than most others to me. However, it needs to be lowered and make more sense to me. It has no way to be clear and has things that make it better in the long run to me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Farmers is well known and been in business a long time. They are reputable and family friendly. They have quite a few offices around the area and easy to get to. They are also online and have a website that is easy for me to relate to. It is easy to get in touch with, and can handle my questions by phone. I can get along with the customer service person. But I really would like them to offer better rates. I have a small income, and it is very difficult for me to pay the rates that keep going up, even though I do not file a claim.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Farmers was recommended by a family member and I feel like I'm getting a very good insurance policy. It is the same one we had before we moved to the area and that was 14 years ago.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Farmers has been around for quite a long time and even when I was not using insurance at all I knew they were someone to go to. I like that they are dependable and trustworthy. But I wish that insurance companies would quit raising their rates. I really hate that. Other than that, I can count on Farmers for all of my insurance needs and I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

My family has been a customer of Farmers for many years. I just went with what they used as I felt comfortable with their recommendation. I have been with Farmers for over 40 years. Rates are reasonable and customer service has responded quickly to my requests and to address the claims that I have made. I wish that the cost were lower though. I also would appreciate having a more responsive agent who was pro-active.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

My spouse and I looked over other options and Farmers was the best for our needs. I had a one on one conversation with an agent. They compare prices of all companies and provide me with options before I accepted their offer. Friendly and helpful agents.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My mom and sister have used Farmers Homeowners for years and the agent is a member of our church. They have used the same agent for many years and he is always there to answer any questions. But, their website is not as friendly as I would like and you can’t make changes on the website. No one can beat their cost every time I do an cost comparance though. I never had a problem with them and I would recommend Farmers Homeowners to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

They state “Been there, seen it, covered it.“ A total lie!!! Our roof leaked causing severe damage to the living room ceiling and whole front wall. The ceiling is about to cave in from the water damage. We called Farmers to come and look at it. They said because the leak was not caused from weather damage to the roof, there was no coverage at all. They wouldn’t even cover the ceiling to be fixed. We will be changing insurance companies!!! Agent is Scott ** from Granville Ohio. Don’t trust Farmers Insurance to take care of you. They didn’t us!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Avoid these people. They do not use the quote you pull online. The rep who calls you creates their own policy with the overages they get bonuses on. When you file a claim they constantly change the requirements down to your need to inventory the levels of condiments in your refrigerator. They DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING IF YOU DO NOT USE WHO THEY PROVIDE. FRAUD. FRAUD.

Farmers Homeowners Insurance Company Information