2. Automotive

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Farmers provides a variety of auto insurance plans, multiple discounts and special coverage options, including price cuts for combining your auto policy with another Farmers plan, e.g., home insurance. It also offers rideshare insurance options and Signal, a driver’s safety app.

BOTTOM LINE

Farmers offers comprehensive and collision insurance, as well as several add-ons. Its vast agent and customer service network helps to resolve claims quickly. The company provides several discounts, including for bundling policies.

PROS
  • Special coverage options
  • Rideshare insurance
  • Several discounts
CONS
  • No gap coverage
  • Some pricey rates

Top Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Farmers have been very helpful when I needed to make a claim and have been the lowest priced provider that I have bought from. I have tried others and they were initially lower cost but after the first year, always raised their rates.

Best insurance company ever, have always taken great care of my family, rates are always low, never any hassles with claims, great coverage for the policy on the house, cars and RV. Can't go wrong with Farmers, been with them for 24 years.

Farmers Auto Insurance Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

About Farmers auto insurance

Farmers is one of the largest insurance providers in the country. It lets you customize your auto insurance and has a large network of reliable customer service representatives to help file claims quickly. Farmers provides standard auto coverages, such as liability, collision, comprehensive and uninsured or underinsured motorist policies, plus add-on insurance like personal injury protection.

Farmers auto insurance coverage

Farmers provides an array of additional coverage options:

• New car replacement: If you've put no more than 24,000 miles on your car and it gets totaled, Farmers will replace it.
  • Accident forgiveness: For every three years with a clean driving record, you won't have to pay for one at-fault collision.
  • Loss of use: If your car is out of commission, Farmers will pay for a rental or any necessary cabs or public transportation.
  • Customized equipment coverage: If you have both comprehensive and collision coverage, you can add this insurance to cover theft of or damages to special features like rims.
  • Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) coverage: If you have a fairly new car (from the past ten years), this coverage guarantees manufacturer parts for your vehicle after a covered accident.
  • Rideshare insurance: Often, rideshare companies’ insurance is limited and only kicks in if you have a passenger. This plan covers the gaps to ensure you're always covered.

Farmers auto insurance quotes and costs

Like with most auto insurance, Farmers’ auto quotes and costs are based on several key factors, like car year and driver’s age and driving record. For a 35-year-old with a clean record, the annual premium should be around $1,098. Though this is a bit pricey, Farmers also offers many discounts, including:

• Good driver
  • Homeowners
  • Teen driver
  • Good student
  • Bundled coverage

Farmers also has a program, Signal, that monitors your driving through an app. Once you sign up and complete ten trips with Signal monitoring, you'll receive a 5% policy discount, and next time your policy renews you can earn discounts of 15% or more based on your driving score.

Farmers auto insurance FAQ

How good is Farmers’ auto insurance?
Farmers is a solid auto insurance company. It offers comprehensive coverage and custom add-ons ideal for many drivers.
Does Farmers offer gap insurance?
No, Farmers does not offer gap insurance.
Does Farmers have comprehensive car coverage plans?
Yes, Farmers offers comprehensive coverage plans.
Where is Farmers car insurance available?
Farmers’ auto insurance is available in all 50 states.

Is Farmers good insurance?

Yes, Farmers’ auto insurance provides solid coverage for drivers with a variety of needs. We recommend Farmers if you're looking for customizable auto insurance with several optional coverages.

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Bud ** is my agent. He's been great. I have his work phone number and that's all I need really. I've enjoyed working with Bud, he sends me everything I need. I trust Bud, everything I need he sends me. I have developed a relationship with Bud, his real name is Delmar. He works out of Jackson, WI 53037. Use the app from Farmers Insurance which is a drive safe app. My policy expires in June of 2021. I plan on renewing for every year in the near future. I have enjoyed working with Farmers. Bud, visited my old house in Darien, WI. I now live in Lake Geneva. I live in a condo. I would invite him here also. Bud is a good person. I have enjoyed working with him. I plan on continuing working with Bud and Farmers Insurance. Bud will be my agent for as long as I can see. I would love to continue to work with Bud and Farmers insurance for years to come.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Marlon ** did a awesome job helping me and my fiance with our auto insurance purchase... He took the time to go over everything we had purchased in our policy. Help us find the best rates this company had to offer along with what special offers and discounts we qualified for... I had some questions and concerns... I contacted him... He was prompt getting back with us... We are satisfied with Farmer's Auto Insurance and our agent Marlon **... Terry

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Farmers' rates are great compared to Geico and progressive. The downside is if you live in NY state and have had an accident your rates will go up sky high. I know this because I recently left Farmers because of this. I’m just being honest. I like farmers. But my rates sky rocketed like I was getting a beating for having an accident. But I’m with Allstate. And to get the best rates I had with farmers I had to give up a lot. So now I have liability.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I was the victim of a wildfire that burned through 3.5 acres, destroyed 15,000 ft of aboveground irrigation, at least 30 trees, as well as some fencing and minor damage to buildings. Many people in the community were affected and claims were abundant, but Farmers had someone on our property to assess the damage within 3 days, and I had a generous check within a week, including for the irrigation which I wasn’t sure they would cover. I am extremely impressed and satisfied with their coverage and customer service.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been with Farmers for over 15 years. They have continued to offer great service and discounts. If I have to experience a claim, I don’t have to worry. My agents have been there continually, with great customer service and total coverage. When my son was in an accident, I was crazy worried about him, the car and the other person. Farmers took care of everything. The price may go up a little, and there may be cheaper insurance out there, but Farmers has proven they are worth the price.

Original review: April 13, 2021

On April 6, 2021 I received a call from a claims adjuster at Farmers tell me a claim had been filed against an insurance policy I no longer have for an accident involving my 2018 pickup on April 1st. I knew that was false because my truck was not driven on April1st. Finally after a stressful week Farmers admitted they transposed two numbers and came up with wrong policy for the claim. Why did it take a week for me to find that out?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Senior as passenger in car in accident. Car had no insurance. I had uninsured motorist ins. with Farmers. I was severely injured and needed an operation, had concussion, back and neck injuries and hearing injuries. This was in 2017 and still Farmers will not cooperate. Have over $200k coverage that they refuse to pay. Hired a lawyer and they won't meet with him either. They cancelled four scheduled meetings in a row. They never made an offer or paid a penny for my medical. Had to see a physical therapist for 2 years ... still not a dime from Farmers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

It may have taken awhile and I only needed it for a key lock situation, other than that I can't complain, it took the person over 3 hours to come to the rescue, but it was very quick and painless, if I ever get in a situation like that again, it's good to know its available.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I signed on with this company on the recommendation of my mortgage broker. After being with the company for two years, they dropped my car from my auto insurance policy because I had requested a battery start and a tow. By the way, the tow truck that the company dispatched never showed up, yet it still counted against me. The following year, my rates increased. I inquired with my agent as to why this happened. He told me that it was probably because I fell into on the categories. When I asked him which category I fell into, he said he did not know for sure.

I tried asking someone in the corporate office the same question. Their only response was an email that stated "this matter has been resolved". What does that mean? I continue to pay the increased rate, but I don't feel that the high price far outweighs the benefits. Ironically, they somehow find the money to host gatherings of high profile political representatives in major cities on a regular basis. Is this where my money is going?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

We had Farmers Insurance for the two years and I can not say enough about their customer service. They are polite and attentive and there to help not matter what you're trying to do. For unseen circumstances we had to cancel our insurance and I was treated with just as much respect as if I was purchasing a million dollar policy. They are a really great company!

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information