2. Automotive

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them.

BOTTOM LINE

Farmer’s Auto Insurance offers a variety of coverage for every stage of a driver’s life. Positive reviewers appreciate the customer service and level of coverage and say that the reliability is worth the potentially higher cost compared with other companies.

PROS

• Roadside assistance available
  • More coverage than competitors
  • Offers add-on options like New Car Replacement and Accident Forgiveness
  • Personalized service and local agents
  • Offers discounts for safe driving, defensive driving courses and more

CONS

• Some customers were charged fees on top of premiums
  • Rates may increase year over year
Farmers Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Marlon ** did a awesome job helping me and my fiance with our auto insurance purchase... He took the time to go over everything we had purchased in our policy. Help us find the best rates this company had to offer along with what special offers and discounts we qualified for... I had some questions and concerns... I contacted him... He was prompt getting back with us... We are satisfied with Farmer's Auto Insurance and our agent Marlon **... Terry

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Farmers' rates are great compared to Geico and progressive. The downside is if you live in NY state and have had an accident your rates will go up sky high. I know this because I recently left Farmers because of this. I’m just being honest. I like farmers. But my rates sky rocketed like I was getting a beating for having an accident. But I’m with Allstate. And to get the best rates I had with farmers I had to give up a lot. So now I have liability.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I was the victim of a wildfire that burned through 3.5 acres, destroyed 15,000 ft of aboveground irrigation, at least 30 trees, as well as some fencing and minor damage to buildings. Many people in the community were affected and claims were abundant, but Farmers had someone on our property to assess the damage within 3 days, and I had a generous check within a week, including for the irrigation which I wasn’t sure they would cover. I am extremely impressed and satisfied with their coverage and customer service.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been with Farmers for over 15 years. They have continued to offer great service and discounts. If I have to experience a claim, I don’t have to worry. My agents have been there continually, with great customer service and total coverage. When my son was in an accident, I was crazy worried about him, the car and the other person. Farmers took care of everything. The price may go up a little, and there may be cheaper insurance out there, but Farmers has proven they are worth the price.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Farmers Auto Insurance has been really good so far. They always respond quickly, care about my issues, and work very reliably. Overall I feel very comfortable to have their insurance policy.

1. Road side assistant is awesome as everyone else agrees.
    2. They care about the car accident reasonably. They cared about my inconvenience. Everything was very smooth. Towing, Renting, Body shop, Appraising, Claim compensation. Farmers cared so well, so it protected me from dramas (the other driver's insurance company bankrupted).
    3. The agency (not Farmers itself) did a great job for consultation. They look carefully about the policy and suggest addition for my situation and let me know what I can save.

4. Some people say that Farmers is expensive, but I don't feel it's expensive since they do everything so reliable. I don't think other auto insurance company can provide same level of services with the same premium.

I highly recommend Farmers auto insurance from my experience. You'll get peace.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

We had Farmers Insurance for the two years and I can not say enough about their customer service. They are polite and attentive and there to help not matter what you're trying to do. For unseen circumstances we had to cancel our insurance and I was treated with just as much respect as if I was purchasing a million dollar policy. They are a really great company!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Service was great until we tried to pick up our vehicle after a claim. Scott ** our APD Appraiser malingered for 2 days (Thursday and Friday) and didn't do his job until 4:52 pm Friday. We were unable to receive our vehicle before the weekend. The job he did was subpar and we were unable to pick up our Audi Q7 before the weekend. The reply to the supplement he sent in at 4:52 Friday was ridiculously low causing the body shop to not be able to release the vehicle. To top it off, when I replied to his email at 4:52 pm. He had an automatic reply stating he was out of the office for the next 2 weeks. Putting the burden of settling the issue on someone else. Next week we are changing insurance companies forever.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Wait so over hour to speak to a rep. You can only go through the agent who enrolled you to change your policy , I took 1 and half hour at a dealership to just make a change for a car.. was on hold for 1 hour then another half just to change the car.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Farmers farms out most of their policies. I don't get that great of rates, but other companies will not insure my house because it is in a fire zone. Farmers bundles. A few times I wanted to make a claim, but I was told if I do my rates will go up. That is sicko.

Original review: July 25, 2020

We have been with Farmers with 3 years and have been very happy with the price and service. We had been with State Farm, but they kept raising the price. Other than that, I can call my Farmers rep anytime and she gets back with me immediately. She is always ready to help and assist.

Farmers author review by Matthew Brodsky

This insurance company has 24/7 customer service. Its ride-share insurance fills the gaps that regular auto policies don’t cover, and an app called Signal monitors driving behavior and helps customers qualify for discounts.

• Coverage and plans: ustomers get standard coverage and tack on the extras they want, including new car replacement, loss of use and equipment coverage.

• Cost: A 42-year-old with a Farmers auto policy can expect to pay about $225 a month for auto insurance.

• Discounts: Farmers has discounts for paperless billing, upfront payments, teen drivers, safety features, good drivers, bundling, multivehicle policies, good students, environmentally friendly vehicles and homeownership.

• Standout feature: Farmers has accident forgiveness, allowing customers to have one accident without seeing increased premiums.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor