Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.25/5

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Auto insurance reported a claim under my information that I didn’t know about. I have never had an accident and never filed a claim. They report to CLUE which is also connected to LexisNexis. They act like a credit reporting for auto and homeowners insurance. Punishing hard working INSURED customers because they are too lazy to make those that are uninsured pay their dues. Take it out of our taxes just like medical insurance so everybody has authority or a “vote” to make the system more fair. It’s very difficult and time consuming to get the information from this LexisNexis. Then you have to separately file a dispute over the phone that you can’t even view. No online process and they try and get your social security number over the phone but you really don’t know who you are talking to. I had never even heard of LexisNexis.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I accidentally locked my keys inside my car at the gas station. I called and asked for a roadside assistance to come unlock my car so gave them my location and I was told that they will be sending someone shortly and the service will be no cost to me, alright cool then. So that first call I made to them was at 12:30pm and by now it was already 1:50pm and no one showed up....I called them and asked if anyone was coming because I have been waiting for an hour now and that I had important ** to do today and the agent kept apologizing about the wait and told me that they were still searching who to send to me -_- ...so I was told that they would send me a text message for any update.

5 minutes later, I get a text from FAI telling me that my roadside assistance has been dispatched and will be at my location shortly at 3:50pm. ???? ** it, I found the biggest rock and smashed my window with it and I unlocked it in under just 3 seconds and drove off. I will file a complaint tomorrow morning about their sucky service and have them replace my broken window for making me wait 2 hours. I'm giving them 3 stars because my family have been with FAI for almost 15years but y'all really need to work on not pissing your customers off and your roadside assistance sucks **????

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Carrie ** is a trash person. She And her manager Kara are liars stating a witness stated something they didn’t state, don’t show proof of anything they are stating. Don’t give proper amounts and don’t even know how to respect a person. Throughout the process they didn’t communicate with me about the case and then last day they are stating that I have to get a lawyer. They even have proof of medical injury and aren’t giving proper pain and suffering.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I recently was in an accident with a Farmers' client who backed into the SIDE of my car. She admitted 100% Fault to cop, me, witnesses. Farmers insurance is refusing to pay for my damages stating I am at fault b/c I should have SWERVED. This is absolutely ridiculous and wrong in so many ways. I will continue to share my horrible experience with everyone and SHARE SHARE SHARE on social media.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

All of our policies (House, 3 cars, liability) are with Farmers. We have had no claims, have excellent credit and have good driver records. We have also been with Farmers for 12+ years. We spend about $4.5k a year for all of our policies. All of a sudden, all of our policies reflect a 30% price increase due to "rating" changes. I will be moving to a different company especially since they are in the bottom 8 of ratings. Really unfortunate, they've lost a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

If you total your car with Farmers YOU CANNOT EXPECT BOOK VALUE!!! They look for the same car for sale within a 100-mile radius of your location. In my case, I totaled a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L Hybrid. I had to drive two hours to buy this car originally. If they don't find that car, they just start making stuff up. Adjuster Raymond ** offered my $12,200 for my car - the cost of a 2012 Honda Accord (no hybrid) which was for sale in my area. The Kelley Blue Book value was between 14-17K. I sent him comps for this car with comps all on or around $15K. They refused to acknowledge that I could not buy the same car. If I wanted to, I would have to go further, and they should have looked further for the closest comps.

This is the most frustrating experience as I owned and meticulously maintained a Honda certified pre-owned vehicle which I had detailed twice a year and planned to pass onto my son. I have never totaled a car before. My agent, Tom **, who was supposed to advocate in my favor, was ineffective at getting me a fair price. Farmers Insurance sucks! I explained to them that I would cancel my homeowners and car insurance with them, but they felt it was worth this short-term gain that they would make now. They do not care about what's fair or about their clients. I was with All-State by the end of the day, but had to accept their ** offer, in the end. I received no calls back from their customer service even thought I tried to escalate. THEY DON'T CARE! To make matters worse, I work in the insurance industry and their job is to make people whole again. They failed miserably. STAY AWAY FROM FARMERS.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

These people will switch your account to Bristol West by telling you they no longer write insurance in your area. It's a scam, you can't get away from Bristol West without them trying to run your credit, they will keep charging you after they already sent you confirmation that you cancelled. They are shady and the TN Dept of Commerce and I'd had been notified. They should not be able to write insurance in any state.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I believe their rates are higher than they should be. Not just on auto insurance, but homeowner’s also, especially with $1.000 deductible. I’m am ready to switch. Maybe if they didn’t spend so much with their corny commercials, they could lower the premiums.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Been with Farmers for about 20 years. Periodically I check to see if I'm getting the best deal. Have had NO tickets for longer than the 20 years and in a senior a no accident in 20+ years and a disabled veteran.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

MOTORCYCLE OWNERS, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I have had insurance with Farmers for my truck and they provide exceptional service so I added on MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE. I have paid my dues for this “Full Coverage Insurance” monthly thinking I have “peace of mind” if I need any type of service they offer. WRONG. SUPER WRONG. DEAD WRONG.

Last night (9/5/2019), my motorcycle failed on me on a freeway. I called for roadside assistance at 10PM, they did not arrive until 12AM! Mind you from 10 to 12, I was frustrated and trying to figure out what the ** is going on because they couldn’t secure a TOW for me. Dispatchers kept saying “Sorry sir, we are trying to find someone who is equipped to handle the situation”. WHAT THE **? That should already be available or at least they should already have tows lined up ready to call. They instead was shuffling through different cities trying to find me assistance. My hazards have been on for more than an hour so the battery had died. So I was stuck on a 65-75 mph freeway with vehicles not being able to see me while I wait hours for assistance from FARMERS. In 3 hours, I had gotten more help from people stopping by asking if I need help? Rather than getting it from the damn company that I am paying.

Finally they “found” me some help and dispatched a tow for me and the TOW didn’t arrive until 12AM. I didn’t get safely home until almost 1AM. THE MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IS A DAMN FRAUD. I will need roadside assistance peace of mind more than any other service you offer and FARMERS has failed at that. Your chances of receiving assistance are better with another company. This pisses me off to think I been paying monthly for this type of ** service. IT DOESN’T END THERE. The following morning I email my agent to talk about the situation so she has a SUPERVISOR call me (9/6/19). The supervisor does nothing but tell me that “Specialty vehicles do take upwards of at least 3 hours for assistance”. I call that BS.

I’m sorry but I don’t think “motorcycle” fits the specialty vehicle category. FARMERS INSURANCE are advertising that they can provide the roadside assistance service for motorcycles then will fall-back on “Sorry that is a specialty vehicle so you may wait 3HOURS for help to arrive”. Bottom line is they are charging for service which they CANNOT provide in a timely manner. I tell her I could’ve had help much sooner if I’d start making calls immediately. Her response: “Yes, if you’re paying in cash”. Again, WTF? What kind of stupid response is that? Am I not paying FARMERS monthly for the service?! Are you not receiving cash from me? So I suppose I am paying monthly in flowers then?

All that told me was; indeed you can get help quicker if you called at 10PM instead of relying on the service you’re paying for monthly. Now I will no longer renew my truck insurance with them. I was loyal to them until this. I am warning MOTORCYCLE OWNERS to stay away from this company if you need insurance because when you actually need some roadside assistance, they operate with their heads cut off. They cannot provide it. You will be stuck helplessly while FARMERS is fishing around looking for help.

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information