2. Automotive
Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance

4.0/5 (1335 ratings)
Compare Quotes on Quotewizard

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers provides a variety of auto insurance plans, multiple discounts and special coverage options, including price cuts for combining your auto policy with another Farmers plan, e.g., home insurance. It also offers rideshare insurance options and Signal, a driver’s safety app.

Pros

• Special coverage options
  • Rideshare insurance
  • Several discounts

Cons

• No gap coverage
  • Some pricey rates

Bottom Line

Farmers offers comprehensive and collision insurance, as well as several add-ons. Its vast agent and customer service network helps to resolve claims quickly. The company provides several discounts, including for bundling policies.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: July 27, 2020

Wait so over hour to speak to a rep. You can only go through the agent who enrolled you to change your policy , I took 1 and half hour at a dealership to just make a change for a car.. was on hold for 1 hour then another half just to change the car.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Farmers farms out most of their policies. I don't get that great of rates, but other companies will not insure my house because it is in a fire zone. Farmers bundles. A few times I wanted to make a claim, but I was told if I do my rates will go up. That is sicko.

Original review: July 25, 2020

We have been with Farmers with 3 years and have been very happy with the price and service. We had been with State Farm, but they kept raising the price. Other than that, I can call my Farmers rep anytime and she gets back with me immediately. She is always ready to help and assist.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been attempting to get a vehicle repaired that was damaged by one of FARMERS INSURANCE's insureds. It has been an unbelievably painful experience. The body shop handling the repairs has never seen such "underhanded, snakey, slimy" handling of a claim by an insurance claims representative. I will NEVER do business with FARMERS.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been with Farmers for over 15 years. They have continued to offer great service and discounts. If I have to experience a claim, I don’t have to worry. My agents have been there continually, with great customer service and total coverage. When my son was in an accident, I was crazy worried about him, the car and the other person. Farmers took care of everything. The price may go up a little, and there may be cheaper insurance out there, but Farmers has proven they are worth the price.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Farmers have been very helpful when I needed to make a claim and have been the lowest priced provider that I have bought from. I have tried others and they were initially lower cost but after the first year, always raised their rates.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Expect to pay for claims yourself! I recently backed my girlfriend's car of my garage and ended up messing up the edge of the door. I contacted my insurance agency, Farmers, and they refused to pay the claim because they said her insurance would be primary. I ended up paying the full claim myself. Worst company I have ever dealt with and have since canceled my insurance with them. I will never do business with them ever again!

Original review: April 16, 2020

I recently paid my vehicle off and decided with the Kelly's Blue Book value that it was no longer worth keeping the collision insurance for my vehicle so I called to have that removed. I paid full amount for the month for my insurance to remain in effect until the end of the month and unfortunately 3 weeks later I totaled my car by hitting into a deer and went to file a claim and they told me my comprehensive insurance was removed and that there is nothing they can do. I told them there must be a mistake because I never asked for that to be removed. I only asked for collision to be removed..

After contacting the investigating team that deals with this type of situation they told me because my conversation with the agent wasn't recorded, they can't prove that my agent specified that my comprehensive insurance would be removed. I am so upset with Farmers and have no car or no money to get one now and here I was under the impression I was covered and my insurance company had my back.. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

After many years with Farmers, they have always raised monthly premiums without telling me, when coronavirus hit, they disconnected their lines, or at least they appeared disconnected to me so I could not get through to cancel my insurance, my agent was closed, I had to call the bank and ask them to block them from getting anything from my checking, then the only way I was able to get through is through live chat and when I cancelled I was told my refund is $3 and change, I must have paid them thousands through the years and never had an accident or claim. My advise is not only about farmers, but all insurance companies are like that, do not stay loyal to them for too long, switch every now and then until you find an honest company (please let me know if you do) and stick with it.

Original review: March 4, 2020

If you have Farmers Insurance you should compare prices. I saved $1400.00 per year on two vehicles and have better coverage. They also did not cancel my policy when requested and cost me another $230.00. DON'T TRUST THEM.

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information