Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Farmers Auto Insurance
2.35/5

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

488 Farmers Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

They keep raising the rates every renewal period. Unhappy about that, but if we ask, they will run our credit score and then lower the rate back down. Smells like a scam to me, but I think it also depends on the agent since we've had better agents in the past.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

They won’t provide motorcycle insurance and we have to use another outsource! What kind of company does this! We have never made a claim and yet our rates are still the same and we’re over 50. No incentive for older drivers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I have had Farmers for about 6 years now and have honestly shopped around. I was in a small accident and did have a small price increase. However, I have home ins. as well; Great CUSTOMER SERVICE! Always.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Every time I see the Farmer’s commercial, I want to throw my shoe at the screen. They made our life hell after Hurricane Sandy when we had 5 feet of water in our house. Trust me.... They did NOT “COVER IT” without a fight.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

A valet backed my car into a wall when parking it in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was not present in the car when it happened. Farmers Insurance refused to recoup the cost of my rental car from the valet company while my car was being repaired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I submitted two claims for towing. One was paid promptly. The other one I had to get the agent on it. I later submitted a claim for hail damage to my home. Everything was the way it should be. Person who came out was friendly, knowledgeable and didn't make me feel uneasy about my claim.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Apparently having basic math skills is not a requirement when becoming an insurance agent. Mirella ** constantly gave me different prices when it was time for me to pay for my insurance. The price was always changing and when I asked her why the balance was always different she would give me excuses that made no sense. She does not know how to follow basic instructions either. She was emailed to charge a credit card for a remaining balance on my account. The email was very specific, but she took it upon herself to charge the card to another account. This lady does not know what she is doing. Has no math, basic math skills and does not know how to read or follow instructions! Stay away! I had to change insurance companies because this lady is shady.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have been with Farmers for many years. Cost of insurance keeps going up and to mitigate the increase we have been raising our deductible, declining towing coverage, etc. Just paying more for less with no accidents.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Best insurance company ever, have always taken great care of my family, rates are always low, never any hassles with claims, great coverage for the policy on the house, cars and RV. Can't go wrong with Farmers, been with them for 24 years.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

It is generally all about the agent, as they are the one who decides the impression we have for the company and my agent Ashwin ** is amazing at doing it. He makes sure that all options are covered and discussed before either issuing or renewing a policy.

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information