2. Automotive

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Farmers provides a variety of auto insurance plans, multiple discounts and special coverage options, including price cuts for combining your auto policy with another Farmers plan, e.g., home insurance. It also offers rideshare insurance options and Signal, a driver’s safety app.

Farmers Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: July 27, 2020

Wait so over hour to speak to a rep. You can only go through the agent who enrolled you to change your policy , I took 1 and half hour at a dealership to just make a change for a car.. was on hold for 1 hour then another half just to change the car.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Farmers farms out most of their policies. I don't get that great of rates, but other companies will not insure my house because it is in a fire zone. Farmers bundles. A few times I wanted to make a claim, but I was told if I do my rates will go up. That is sicko.

Original review: July 25, 2020

We have been with Farmers with 3 years and have been very happy with the price and service. We had been with State Farm, but they kept raising the price. Other than that, I can call my Farmers rep anytime and she gets back with me immediately. She is always ready to help and assist.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been attempting to get a vehicle repaired that was damaged by one of FARMERS INSURANCE's insureds. It has been an unbelievably painful experience. The body shop handling the repairs has never seen such "underhanded, snakey, slimy" handling of a claim by an insurance claims representative. I will NEVER do business with FARMERS.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Farmers have been very helpful when I needed to make a claim and have been the lowest priced provider that I have bought from. I have tried others and they were initially lower cost but after the first year, always raised their rates.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Expect to pay for claims yourself! I recently backed my girlfriend's car of my garage and ended up messing up the edge of the door. I contacted my insurance agency, Farmers, and they refused to pay the claim because they said her insurance would be primary. I ended up paying the full claim myself. Worst company I have ever dealt with and have since canceled my insurance with them. I will never do business with them ever again!

Original review: April 16, 2020

I recently paid my vehicle off and decided with the Kelly's Blue Book value that it was no longer worth keeping the collision insurance for my vehicle so I called to have that removed. I paid full amount for the month for my insurance to remain in effect until the end of the month and unfortunately 3 weeks later I totaled my car by hitting into a deer and went to file a claim and they told me my comprehensive insurance was removed and that there is nothing they can do. I told them there must be a mistake because I never asked for that to be removed. I only asked for collision to be removed..

After contacting the investigating team that deals with this type of situation they told me because my conversation with the agent wasn't recorded, they can't prove that my agent specified that my comprehensive insurance would be removed. I am so upset with Farmers and have no car or no money to get one now and here I was under the impression I was covered and my insurance company had my back.. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

After many years with Farmers, they have always raised monthly premiums without telling me, when coronavirus hit, they disconnected their lines, or at least they appeared disconnected to me so I could not get through to cancel my insurance, my agent was closed, I had to call the bank and ask them to block them from getting anything from my checking, then the only way I was able to get through is through live chat and when I cancelled I was told my refund is $3 and change, I must have paid them thousands through the years and never had an accident or claim. My advise is not only about farmers, but all insurance companies are like that, do not stay loyal to them for too long, switch every now and then until you find an honest company (please let me know if you do) and stick with it.

Original review: March 4, 2020

If you have Farmers Insurance you should compare prices. I saved $1400.00 per year on two vehicles and have better coverage. They also did not cancel my policy when requested and cost me another $230.00. DON'T TRUST THEM.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

On Dec. 28th 2019 we were at a red light and had been for 7 seconds according to our dashcam video. A Farmer's insured rear-ended us. So ZERO fault to us. From the beginning I said I will not accept aftermarket parts, only OEM. The adjuster, Mike received this in verbal and written communication and never said that would not happen. I take my vehicle to BMW because a lot of the electrical stuff quit working right after the accident and I wanted it repaired correctly, plus I had an extended warranty that I didn't want to risk losing. Farmer's also tried to give us a Ford Fiesta to drive as a rental even though our vehicle is a BMW X5 4wd. We had to fight and fight to get a chinsy Jeep Cherokee 2wd.

So we get a call from BMW that Farmer's is refusing to pay for an OEM bumper and they will only pay for an aftermarket one. Well, BMW's policy is to REFUSE to repair their vehicles with aftermarket parts because they do not meet the same like, kind or quality of their original parts! (I think this is an awesome policy, BTW). However, they WILL accept a CAPA certified aftermarket part because it has met the crash test ratings and other testing to prove that it is at least as good or even better than the OEM part.

Guess what???? Farmer's still denied that part. They will only pay for the aftermarket part that is nowhere near the quality of the one I had on the vehicle when their insured hit me, again at ZERO fault of mine. The bumper they will pay for costs under $200. The CAPA bumper is around $600 and the OEM is around $1,000. So you cannot tell me that their choice of bumper is anywhere near the quality of the other two. But guess what??? I can pay the difference and get my vehicle repaired.

So here I am, stuck with a bill of $600-$800 in order to get my vehicle back and repaired to its original condition when she hit me all because I did everything right that day except be legally at a stop light minding my own business. This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!!!! How can they get away with this? Refusing to pay for parts that meet crash test standards? I don't know about you, but I want my bumper to perform as it should in an accident. I don't want some piece of crap plastic cover that doesn't take any of the impact of the crash. FARMERS INSURANCE IS A COMPLETE JOKE!!!

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information