Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Farmers Auto Insurance
2.23/5

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them, but it is not a verified InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch provides consumers with quotes from all their partner insurance companies in one short and simple phone call. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

If you total your car with Farmers YOU CANNOT EXPECT BOOK VALUE!!! They look for the same car for sale within a 100-mile radius of your location. In my case, I totaled a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L Hybrid. I had to drive two hours to buy this car originally. If they don't find that car, they just start making stuff up. Adjuster Raymond ** offered my $12,200 for my car - the cost of a 2012 Honda Accord (no hybrid) which was for sale in my area. The Kelley Blue Book value was between 14-17K. I sent him comps for this car with comps all on or around $15K. They refused to acknowledge that I could not buy the same car. If I wanted to, I would have to go further, and they should have looked further for the closest comps.

This is the most frustrating experience as I owned and meticulously maintained a Honda certified pre-owned vehicle which I had detailed twice a year and planned to pass onto my son. I have never totaled a car before. My agent, Tom **, who was supposed to advocate in my favor, was ineffective at getting me a fair price. Farmers Insurance sucks! I explained to them that I would cancel my homeowners and car insurance with them, but they felt it was worth this short-term gain that they would make now. They do not care about what's fair or about their clients. I was with All-State by the end of the day, but had to accept their ** offer, in the end. I received no calls back from their customer service even thought I tried to escalate. THEY DON'T CARE! To make matters worse, I work in the insurance industry and their job is to make people whole again. They failed miserably. STAY AWAY FROM FARMERS.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

These people will switch your account to Bristol West by telling you they no longer write insurance in your area. It's a scam, you can't get away from Bristol West without them trying to run your credit, they will keep charging you after they already sent you confirmation that you cancelled. They are shady and the TN Dept of Commerce and I'd had been notified. They should not be able to write insurance in any state.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I believe their rates are higher than they should be. Not just on auto insurance, but homeowner’s also, especially with $1.000 deductible. I’m am ready to switch. Maybe if they didn’t spend so much with their corny commercials, they could lower the premiums.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Been with Farmers for about 20 years. Periodically I check to see if I'm getting the best deal. Have had NO tickets for longer than the 20 years and in a senior a no accident in 20+ years and a disabled veteran.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

MOTORCYCLE OWNERS, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I have had insurance with Farmers for my truck and they provide exceptional service so I added on MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE. I have paid my dues for this “Full Coverage Insurance” monthly thinking I have “peace of mind” if I need any type of service they offer. WRONG. SUPER WRONG. DEAD WRONG.

Last night (9/5/2019), my motorcycle failed on me on a freeway. I called for roadside assistance at 10PM, they did not arrive until 12AM! Mind you from 10 to 12, I was frustrated and trying to figure out what the ** is going on because they couldn’t secure a TOW for me. Dispatchers kept saying “Sorry sir, we are trying to find someone who is equipped to handle the situation”. WHAT THE **? That should already be available or at least they should already have tows lined up ready to call. They instead was shuffling through different cities trying to find me assistance. My hazards have been on for more than an hour so the battery had died. So I was stuck on a 65-75 mph freeway with vehicles not being able to see me while I wait hours for assistance from FARMERS. In 3 hours, I had gotten more help from people stopping by asking if I need help? Rather than getting it from the damn company that I am paying.

Finally they “found” me some help and dispatched a tow for me and the TOW didn’t arrive until 12AM. I didn’t get safely home until almost 1AM. THE MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IS A DAMN FRAUD. I will need roadside assistance peace of mind more than any other service you offer and FARMERS has failed at that. Your chances of receiving assistance are better with another company. This pisses me off to think I been paying monthly for this type of ** service. IT DOESN’T END THERE. The following morning I email my agent to talk about the situation so she has a SUPERVISOR call me (9/6/19). The supervisor does nothing but tell me that “Specialty vehicles do take upwards of at least 3 hours for assistance”. I call that BS.

I’m sorry but I don’t think “motorcycle” fits the specialty vehicle category. FARMERS INSURANCE are advertising that they can provide the roadside assistance service for motorcycles then will fall-back on “Sorry that is a specialty vehicle so you may wait 3HOURS for help to arrive”. Bottom line is they are charging for service which they CANNOT provide in a timely manner. I tell her I could’ve had help much sooner if I’d start making calls immediately. Her response: “Yes, if you’re paying in cash”. Again, WTF? What kind of stupid response is that? Am I not paying FARMERS monthly for the service?! Are you not receiving cash from me? So I suppose I am paying monthly in flowers then?

All that told me was; indeed you can get help quicker if you called at 10PM instead of relying on the service you’re paying for monthly. Now I will no longer renew my truck insurance with them. I was loyal to them until this. I am warning MOTORCYCLE OWNERS to stay away from this company if you need insurance because when you actually need some roadside assistance, they operate with their heads cut off. They cannot provide it. You will be stuck helplessly while FARMERS is fishing around looking for help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Personal attention from the agent was great at first, but once he had secured our business we haven't heard directly from him. Communication has only been through his assistant. Our rate has continually increased and we are paying more now than we were with our previous insurance company. Not sure it's great value any longer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

They keep raising the rates every renewal period. Unhappy about that, but if we ask, they will run our credit score and then lower the rate back down. Smells like a scam to me, but I think it also depends on the agent since we've had better agents in the past.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

They won’t provide motorcycle insurance and we have to use another outsource! What kind of company does this! We have never made a claim and yet our rates are still the same and we’re over 50. No incentive for older drivers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I have had Farmers for about 6 years now and have honestly shopped around. I was in a small accident and did have a small price increase. However, I have home ins. as well; Great CUSTOMER SERVICE! Always.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Every time I see the Farmer’s commercial, I want to throw my shoe at the screen. They made our life hell after Hurricane Sandy when we had 5 feet of water in our house. Trust me.... They did NOT “COVER IT” without a fight.

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information