2. Automotive

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Farmers Insurance offers discounts when you combine your auto policy with another policy from them.

Farmers Auto Insurance Compare Quotes

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers?

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been attempting to get a vehicle repaired that was damaged by one of FARMERS INSURANCE's insureds. It has been an unbelievably painful experience. The body shop handling the repairs has never seen such "underhanded, snakey, slimy" handling of a claim by an insurance claims representative. I will NEVER do business with FARMERS.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Farmers have been very helpful when I needed to make a claim and have been the lowest priced provider that I have bought from. I have tried others and they were initially lower cost but after the first year, always raised their rates.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Expect to pay for claims yourself! I recently backed my girlfriend's car of my garage and ended up messing up the edge of the door. I contacted my insurance agency, Farmers, and they refused to pay the claim because they said her insurance would be primary. I ended up paying the full claim myself. Worst company I have ever dealt with and have since canceled my insurance with them. I will never do business with them ever again!

Original review: April 16, 2020

I recently paid my vehicle off and decided with the Kelly's Blue Book value that it was no longer worth keeping the collision insurance for my vehicle so I called to have that removed. I paid full amount for the month for my insurance to remain in effect until the end of the month and unfortunately 3 weeks later I totaled my car by hitting into a deer and went to file a claim and they told me my comprehensive insurance was removed and that there is nothing they can do. I told them there must be a mistake because I never asked for that to be removed. I only asked for collision to be removed..

After contacting the investigating team that deals with this type of situation they told me because my conversation with the agent wasn't recorded, they can't prove that my agent specified that my comprehensive insurance would be removed. I am so upset with Farmers and have no car or no money to get one now and here I was under the impression I was covered and my insurance company had my back.. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

After many years with Farmers, they have always raised monthly premiums without telling me, when coronavirus hit, they disconnected their lines, or at least they appeared disconnected to me so I could not get through to cancel my insurance, my agent was closed, I had to call the bank and ask them to block them from getting anything from my checking, then the only way I was able to get through is through live chat and when I cancelled I was told my refund is $3 and change, I must have paid them thousands through the years and never had an accident or claim. My advise is not only about farmers, but all insurance companies are like that, do not stay loyal to them for too long, switch every now and then until you find an honest company (please let me know if you do) and stick with it.

Original review: March 4, 2020

If you have Farmers Insurance you should compare prices. I saved $1400.00 per year on two vehicles and have better coverage. They also did not cancel my policy when requested and cost me another $230.00. DON'T TRUST THEM.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

On Dec. 28th 2019 we were at a red light and had been for 7 seconds according to our dashcam video. A Farmer's insured rear-ended us. So ZERO fault to us. From the beginning I said I will not accept aftermarket parts, only OEM. The adjuster, Mike received this in verbal and written communication and never said that would not happen. I take my vehicle to BMW because a lot of the electrical stuff quit working right after the accident and I wanted it repaired correctly, plus I had an extended warranty that I didn't want to risk losing. Farmer's also tried to give us a Ford Fiesta to drive as a rental even though our vehicle is a BMW X5 4wd. We had to fight and fight to get a chinsy Jeep Cherokee 2wd.

So we get a call from BMW that Farmer's is refusing to pay for an OEM bumper and they will only pay for an aftermarket one. Well, BMW's policy is to REFUSE to repair their vehicles with aftermarket parts because they do not meet the same like, kind or quality of their original parts! (I think this is an awesome policy, BTW). However, they WILL accept a CAPA certified aftermarket part because it has met the crash test ratings and other testing to prove that it is at least as good or even better than the OEM part.

Guess what???? Farmer's still denied that part. They will only pay for the aftermarket part that is nowhere near the quality of the one I had on the vehicle when their insured hit me, again at ZERO fault of mine. The bumper they will pay for costs under $200. The CAPA bumper is around $600 and the OEM is around $1,000. So you cannot tell me that their choice of bumper is anywhere near the quality of the other two. But guess what??? I can pay the difference and get my vehicle repaired.

So here I am, stuck with a bill of $600-$800 in order to get my vehicle back and repaired to its original condition when she hit me all because I did everything right that day except be legally at a stop light minding my own business. This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!!!! How can they get away with this? Refusing to pay for parts that meet crash test standards? I don't know about you, but I want my bumper to perform as it should in an accident. I don't want some piece of crap plastic cover that doesn't take any of the impact of the crash. FARMERS INSURANCE IS A COMPLETE JOKE!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I have been in a car accident mid November 2019, it took forever to get someone to inspect the vehicle at the bodyshop when they asked for supplement. After which they said my car was a total loss but it needed only cosmetic repair. First they gave me such a small amount that I couldn't buy anything similar to my car, I hired an independent appraiser and got a bit more out of them few days ago (2 month process).

They refused to give me any extra money for dealership doc fees (usually $700), stating they are not obligated to give me that and that I don't need to purchase same vehicle at the dealer but can use private sellers (so I should purchase something that was in few crashes I don't know about) or that I should negotiate with a dealer not to charge me that. Not to mention that first they didn't want to give me full 30 day car rental but since they prolonged this agony they agreed to give me 30 days. I still don't have a new car. I will never use Farmers again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I got into a wreck almost 5 months ago, my car was completely stopped at a stop sign, I was standing a little further than the indicated white line. Car X was in the right lane with right blinker on indicating the turn I was standing at. Instead of making a right he decided to run right into my car. His insurance (Geico) called and said they wouldn't cover me or the claim within one week. My insurance Farmers just called in 5 months later to tell me it was my fault, and they will cover his claim. Agent told me she asked for body cam footage and they denied it, which I don't think the police officer can deny the footage. All a lie, insurance did not support me or my accident but they took his side and blamed me for standing on the street.

Scenario in simple words: Car at a complete stop for over a minute, other driver was not paying attention, did not brake or change lanes to avoid the accident. But Insurance still blames the completely stopped car for the accident instead of fighting for it. And that to 5 months later. Farmers insurance, piece of crap, the agent didn't give a ** or fight on my behalf. I have all my family's 5 peoples insurance with them, home and auto. But I will take this business somewhere else if they do not fix this issue for me.

I strongly agree I was standing further than the indicated white line, but I also believe that the other car should have braked or changed lanes to avoid the accident. By this incident, farmers is telling me it is okay for me to run into a car standing on the road with emergency light on since it is my right of way. Thank You farmers, I will keep that in my mind!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

This was my first time using roadside assistance with Farmers. I need a tire change. When I called the representative was quick, informative and polite. The roadside assistance arrived at my vehicle within minutes. They arrived in their personal small size SUV with tools in their hatchback. Soon as they walked up, they just started taking pictures of my lug nuts and VIN number of my vehicle. not a hello or explain what they were doing.

He stated he did not have the correct size lug nut wrench to remove my tire. He asked to see my lug nut wrench, so he could take a picture of the one I have to show farmers that it didn't fit. He did not take a picture with his tools to show they were not the proper fit either. I had to ask him what he was doing, no explanation. He put no effort into changing my tire. Seems to me he was trying to make a quick buck by getting out of his car taking the pictures to send Farmers like that was the best he could do. I had to pay someone that had to change the tire and they did in less than 15 minutes.

Farmers Auto Insurance Company Information