1.11/5
Based on 71 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Dairyland Insurance

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

72 Dairyland Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was quoted 1 price. Got charged twice that they was charging me for a wreck that wasn't my fault. Spent over a month trying to get it right. Had to pay for driving record to prove it wasn't my fault even though there was no ticket on my record for me causing any accident.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

My experience was only disgusting and minor compared to the poor folks who unjustly lost lots of money in bogus and seemingly illegal accident claims. When they increased my annual (paid monthly) liability only bike insurance premium from $35/month to $68/month I had my insurance agent cancel 8 days from when they deducted the first surprising $68 and expected to receive a refund. Instead they billed me with an $18.03 penalty (and kept the $68) for cancelling and sent me 3 threatening notices within a week for payment or threatened credit reporting. Sentry Insurance apparently bought or owns Dairyland so I would not touch these companies and will check more of the fine print next time. Where are our politicians?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I agree with the reviews people have posted, I also had a very bad experience with them. I was hit and it took them 40 days to clearly take responsibility and I am still unsatisfied. They tried to underestimate the damage to my car when v slammed into it when she backed up. I put a complaint with the BBB and Sentry has tried their hardest to get it removed. I suggest that all you guys report it to the BBB and remember they also go by Sentry and that is the name you need to use. The more of us that do that the more warning people will have if they want to know about all the complaints against this company not just me.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have (had) been a customer of Dairyland for 4 years, insuring my motorcycle with them, no problems. I recently moved to CA from CO and I changed my policy to a CA policy. No biggie, my insurance basically remained about the same. Yesterday I get a bill for 73.00, my payment is usually 44.00. So I go online and see that my insurance policy is now over 1200.00 from 442.00. with absolutely no notification from Dairyland. I have the Policy at home for the 442.00/yr. I called them and cancelled the policy immediately and added my Moto to my GEICO auto policy for basically the same amount of 475.00. The thing that irks me is I got no notification about any changes, and the fact that no one from Dairyland tried to keep me from cancelling. I have a feeling that with the change to Sentry insurance that they are purposely just dropping some of the lower rate customers.

Original review: July 22, 2017

One of Dairyland's insured hit my vehicle. The police report clearly shows they are liable. It has been three weeks and Dairyland is still dragging their feet. Meanwhile I have received no indication of how long until they take action to have my vehicle repaired. I've called numerous times with no return call. Don't use this company if you want good customer service. Worst service ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Insurance?

Original review: July 14, 2017

We were T-boned by a driver insured by Dairyland - in Perris CA on June 2, 2017. He ran a stop sign at a 4 way stop and hit us in the passenger side door while we were legally in the intersection. The police were called, but because there weren't any injuries, an accident report was not completed. The Claims Adjuster said it is now a "he said he said" case as his insurer says we ran the stop sign (and somehow caused his car to T-bone us at a 4 way stop) and they refuse to settle the case. Our insurance company said the fault is 100% the other driver, but apparently facts don't matter to DAIRYLAND Insurance. I cannot believe this company is allowed to do business. We would have been better off being hit by an uninsured driver as our insurance would have covered the damage to the vehicle.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I was in an accident last Thursday. It's now a week later and I have only talked to my claim adjuster once!! That is BS. What's the point of have their insurance if they make it so difficult to talk to me. As soon as this nightmare is over I am switching!!!!

Original review: June 23, 2017

Close to two weeks ago, I was run off the parkway by a driver "insured" by a child company owned by Dairyland, known as Viking Insurance. They were supposed to send an adjuster to assess the damages done to my vehicle but never did; I got sick of waiting around for correspondence from their company which has a 95% dissatisfaction rating, and chose to have the car repaired out of pocket. I will be pursuing recompense.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Worst insurance company ever. I called them. Sent the breakup letter to them cause they lose a customer. They're charging cancellation fees already. Their rates are too high so they can't keep people that way and then they wanna make you wait for you money owed they had no right to take from your account and then tell you it's in the mail at your 30 day waiting period. The company is a joke. I'd look elsewhere.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought into this insurance on May 9th, 2017 for the price they quoted me. The very next month my bill went up 10.23. I ask about the price increase. They said that it was a scheduled increase and that my June invoice was my notice. What ** that was. I would not give them one star but I have to give them one. Don't buy into this company.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I gave back my truck to the dealership due to not having a job on 04-29-2017 because I moved back from Texas to Arkansas. So I started calling AZ Express where I purchased 3 months of insurance on my 2005 Ford Explorer. Well 1st my name was entered as ** on the policy which is my middle name not my 1st name.

On 05-01-2017 when I started calling AZ Express they kept telling me that they could not find my policy and that I need to find my policy number which my policy was lift in my truck when it was returned to the dealership so I didn't have it at hand. Well finally after going through a lot of calling them back they finally found who my policy was under and so I started calling Dairyland to cancel my policy officially explaining to them how hard it was for me to get their information so that I could cancel the policy with them. I was told by them to fax a cancellation letter with the effective date of cancellation, the reason for the cancellation and my signature and so I did what was requested of me.

After all of that they finally cancelled it on 05-12-2017 and I was told by an agent that all I will be refunded to me would be $56. This was on 05-18-2017 but still had not received it by 05-31-2017 so I called them back on this day and now they are telling me $53. I even told to a manager and he said he can't help what another agent told me that it will be mail 06-01-2017 in the amount of $53. Even after I explained the situation from beginning to end to him. So I am telling everyone don't go to AZ Express for insurance because they are working with these insurance companies to screw over us consumers and then consumers and do research on the insurance company before you use them if they have a lot of complaints filed against them. Word to the wise - look else where. I am still getting renewed policy papers in the mail even after my cancellation. How funny!

Original review: May 28, 2017

Horrible beyond belief to deal with. They make it as difficult as at all possible to pursue a claim that is not your fault. Time consuming pics, they do not reply to phone calls, emails etc... Why is this company not regulated with all of the terrible reviews? Taking forever to get my car repaired because of them. Shame on them & those who regulate these insurance companies. They should be closed up. Scammers.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Rear-ended by their driver. After multiple ineffective and without results or resolution, and almost a week later I still haven't heard from their adjuster or gotten the promised link where I have to send pictures of the damage to my car. Meanwhile my bumper is now beginning to fall off because of the damage causing more stress. Then told that I was rude because I attempted to hold the claims agent accountable to her failure to do her job. Word to the wise, avoid rolling dents on four wheels at all costs... they're probably insured by Dairyland.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I tried to cancel my policy on 14 and left message. They never called me back so I called again on 18th and finally got it cancelled. When I asked about a refund for remaining 2 weeks that I paid in advance they said they don't do refunds because I cancelled before the full policy was over, but it was a month to month so how does that work?? Seems like a rip off to me! Am I wrong???

Original review: April 11, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with in my life. I was rear-ended by a woman who was on her cell phone over 4 months ago. Still no payment to the autobody shop for the repairs. No adjuster ever came out, they made me download an app and take pictures of my entire truck (even the sides with no damage) and complained that one side was too dark (in the freezing cold). I had to take pictures of the mileage and type it in, VIN number and type it in, take a video of the damage, just to be told that by the man sitting on his butt that he saw no damage. The garage estimated it over 2000.00. Still no payment, dealing with 2 different adjusters and a different phone number. This company is a fraud. I am quite sure that the ladies rates have gone up. I will continue to fight this company if not I will go after the lady that hit me. Very bad company and I refuse to go through mine because my rates will increase and I was not at fault.

Original review: March 14, 2017

One of their insurer hit my car, ran a red light. It has been three weeks and I have not received not even a phone call from them. I called them and they gave me false information about one of the agents email address. They told me that it may not be their client's fault, but there was a camera at the light. The accident report shows their client running the red light. I have no car, no rental and it's just like the man that hit me has no insurance.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I bought a motorcycle last year and got Dairyland insurance for it. I went as far as paying for the insurance one year in advance. Somehow, Dairyland decided I owed them more money and I was not able to pay them more. They needed some paperwork from me to allow the lower cost and I provided them with that paperwork. They said they never got it and I sent it twice. Now, they have sent me to collections and cancelled my insurance on the motorcycle. Absolutely terrible and they have not kept with their commitment on the insurance rate they had quoted me on. Had I know, I would have never used them. I do not recommend them to anyone at all. They decided to change my coverage without telling me.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

The only way to find out if the insurance company you picked to insure your car is when you have an accident and you need to file a claim, and that's when you find out how good they are in helping people fix their car and go on with their lives. And Dairyland Insurance is not a good company, DO NOT GET INSURANCE FROM THIS BAD COMPANY PLEASE. Just read the reviews and go with the big boys, like State Farm, Farmers, Allstate, GEICO, Progressive, it is worth to pay a little extra and have a peace of mind, thank you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I got scammed by Dairyland auto insurance. I had 3 cars insured but since one of the cars wasn't working anymore, l decide to remove the car from my policy. But since l was one day late on the payment they didn't want to do it. And l had to made the payment for the 3 cars and then she removed the car from the policy. But then send me a bill for more than l expected it. l asked them to reimburse the payment for the car l removed but they gave me a very lame excuse. And l decide to cancel the policy and I asked for my reimbursement and they refuse to do so. They changed the version again. This company are scam artist. Don't ever let these thieves to steal hard working money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

My car got hit in the parking by their insured. It took me two days to get in touch with adjuster after leaving few voicemail. The towing company they send didn't picked up the car the day said they would. I couldn't even get insurance in the rental car. Nobody answers the calls and they close at 4:30. What a piece of **. I didn't asked to be hit. My car is still in the parking lot and I can't go to work. Is the how the insurance company handles the claim.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I am a victim of this company. One of their insured blew a stop sign and hit my car. The person was given a ticket. Now they won't pay all to fix my car. The police report has a picture that clearly shows I would not see her but the scumbag of a lady named Amber totally cheated me. This company is a complete sham and the people who work there should never sleep at night. I was told I have to take 20 percent because I don't have eyes in the back of my head. Can you believe what crap that is. Sad part is we can write reviews all day and nothing is being done about this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Their insured hit me while I was stopped waiting to go thru intersection. He swerved to miss a van that had gone thru across traffic. He hit me almost head on. Their insured admitted it was his fault right then. But Dairyland said it was the van's fault. The van didn't hit me. Their insured did. If I was stopped their insured hit me, what part of this is not his fault?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I deleted 1 vehicle before the renewal. I had received the statement for the cost of renewal & deducted the charge for that vehicle from my payment for 6 months. They renewed the policy for 3 months & gave me a credit. It costs less to renew for 6 mo. & now I owe them another $170.28 to renew for the next 3 months. If they had credited my payment for the 6 months, they would have owed me $20 as I found when they sent me the corrected statement. I called the main office & they had all kinds of excuses as to why I was billed this way & would not correct the payment status.

I went to the local Cost-U-Less office to talk to them about it, and the woman I talked to agreed with my position. But when she called them, quickly changed her perspective and tried to explain to me the same lame excuses & told me that because they received the payment before the due date, that was the reason for this BS. I'm MAD & they don't listen to my views of this proof or not.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I moved to California and had an auto insurance policy through Viking insurance with Dairyland. When I canceled the policy as a result of buying a new car I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the representative who stated that the policy was canceled TWO months ago. I have just found out I've been billed for the policy for the past two months and cannot get the money back even though the policy was canceled because they want proof that I gave my former car away. This, despite me having emailed the employee two months ago with the cancel policy notification. I did not retain proof as I mailed the title in to the DMV. I was informed that there is nothing they can do and that now I'm assured my policy is canceled. Do not use Dairyland auto or Viking insurance company of Wisconsin. Yet another crap large corporation taking you for all you they can.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I was rear ended by a Dairyland insured. The driver was cited. Though his vehicle was totaled, my vehicle sustained minimal damages. Though my car absorbed the impact well, my body did not. I exited the incident with severe whiplash. It took 5 days for the claim agent to contact me. They sent me an "app" to take pictures. From cell phone pictures they decided on an estimate which was $800 lower than both local estimates I received from an in person observer. The insurance company stated that was all they were offering and if I did my homework I could probably find a good body shop to do the work for what they were offering. They also told me due to my minimal damages there was no possible way I could have been injured as badly as I was claiming so I should take their $650 injury settlement since that's all I was entitled to for a low impact collision.

Keep in mind... guy who hit me... totaled vehicle. I wonder if his impact was low? I was told in every contact that if I wasn't happy I could file a claim to my own insurance... that's what it's there for. Ultimately they are going to bully me into filing a claim against my own insurance, so I can get my vehicle repaired and some medical care. And I will suffer the premium hike. Why are people allowed to hold insurance that refuses to cover damages? I am at a loss.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

We switched from Progressive when our agent convinced us to. We told them, through e-mail that we had 2 leased vehicles and needed full coverage on both of them. We even sent our old declarations pages from Progressive showing the coverage we needed. They gave us a price of $600 per month on 2 new vehicles. My husband hit a deer about a month ago. We called to make a claim. They told us we only had full coverage on the other vehicle, liability on the vehicle in question. Both vehicles were 2013 and were required to have maximum coverage.

We sent them all emails and proof of the coverage requested and paid for. They denied our claim. We switched to Allstate with definite full coverage on both vehicles for $378 per month. This company is a scam artist, out to get you. NEVER pay the claims that they owe. They will tell you that you are 20% or 50% at fault (for waking up that morning and driving your vehicle). Do not use this company for ANY insurance, and get ready if someone happens to hit you and this is what they have.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I put in a claim with them several months ago when my car was hit by another person and I am beyond disappointed with how it was handled. I gave information to them and expected them to do their job, but instead I ended up doing majority of the work and being dismissed rudely the times that I was able to contact my claims specialist. After being told that "we don't need your information" I decided to wait on her. She never called me to inform me on where the process was at, the fact that I could have been able to get my car fixed with the coverage that I'm paying for, nothing. I finally called today as it's been almost 4 months and all she had to say was "oh I closed that like a month ago".

So you can send letters out to let individuals know that the case is still open (which I received about two weeks after my case opened), but 3 more months into it and you can't even make a simple call or letter to inform me its not even open anymore. Here I was sitting around waiting to hear what they will be able to do with my coverage when the case was closed. Afterwards I asked to speak to the claim specialist manager, who answered but all he had to say was "she probably just came off to you in the wrong way" and dismissed the entire issue. So rude. I truly can't wait for this policy to end so that I am able to switch over to an insurance that is actually willing to do the work that I am paying to be done.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I've had Dairyland insurance company for 2 years. Have paid for roadside assistance for two years. My vehicle broke down today 08/26/2016. I called for roadside assistance. They informed me though I paid my premiums I had to pay for the towing. Submit a bill for payment. I informed the lady if I paid them for two years for roadside assistance, then they need to pay when services are rendered. No comment then transferred to someone ruder than her who also said pretty much my problem. Considering my rate was raised 3 times within 9 months. No accidents, no tickets, no nothing, no notifications of rate increase.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I had one of their insured cause damage to two vehicles on my property. It took them over a week get a hold of the insured (even though I gave them all his contact info to where he worked and cell number). Then they told me the check was coming... That was mailed out 8-8-16. Here it is 8-22-16 and still nothing. Their customer service is very poor and this is why attorneys get paid the big bucks to deal with crappy insurance companies that hold out as long as they can to pay!! Low life company!!

Original review: July 28, 2016

A Dairyland Insured trespassed on our property while purchasing a boat from a neighbor. He hit our well head while trying to hook up. He chose to not use the entire field belonging to the neighbor. The company initially chose to not cover the accident citing the late payment of the insured, but the policy was not canceled. They agreed to repair and now are not paying the reimbursements for expenses. I purposely kept expenses lower to help out. I should have made them pay for my motel room, boarding for animals, landscaper for newly planted plants or a water truck (which they refused).

The initial person told me I didn't need special water for an animal recovering from surgery because she could replace our much loved pet with one of her several barn cats. Don't buy this insurance because the people you damage, will sue you! People involved in my situation employed by Dairyland are Shelly **, Ford **, Randy **, as well as several others. The insured continues to harass us because he feels the well damage was over exaggerated. People can't live without water and lower quality water makes my property worthless. Dairyland is dishonest, deceitful and disgusting! Don't use them!

Dairyland Insurance Company Information