Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
2.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

By working with brokers and online services, Dairyland and its subsidiaries offer customer lower prices and coverage than other insurance companies can. Happy customers appreciate the company’s excellent customer service and competitive prices.

PROS

• Offers online policy sign up
  • Policies available for those with poor credit or driving history
  • Low rates due to owning multiple companies
  • No prior insurance required to get approved
  • Offers coverage for old, antique, extra-large and unique vehicles
  • Accepts foreign drivers licenses

CONS

• Physical locations limited and far away from many customers
  • Some customers experienced long wait times for reimbursement

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Dairyland auto Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The most horrible Automobile Insurance In the world! Please do yourself a favor and Stay clear away from this insurance. Pay the extra money and get a more reputable auto insurance like USAA, Mercury, StateFarm, Allstate, etc. If I could give them a negative rating I would. They use ** excuses to deny your auto insurance claim. You are stuck paying the car payments for a car that that is not drivable during this time because they refuse to fix your car after it has been damaged in a automobile accident. I actually had to report them to the Department of Insurance to try and get this resolved. I will never ever go the cheap route with automobile insurance again. Don’t ever use Dairyland Insurance!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My BMW stolen. They suck. It’s been over 30 days. Still no help. I paid my insurance each mo over 2 yrs. I have been treated like a criminal from the 1st person I talk to. No rental car. Nothing. It took 3 days to talk to a real person. You get better treatment at the power company. Lesson learned the hard way. Stick with a known name. DairyLand should stay with the cows. Not worth the paper its wrote up on. Don’t go with Dairy Land. Bad faith.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Save yourself money and headaches, don’t use this insurance company. They are shady and only want your bucks. I purchased a truck in another state other than my residency. The dealer and lender for the truck insisted for me to acquire local NC insurance before taking owner of vehicle even though I already had insurance in place on my other vehicles. I was completely over the whole car buying experience with hassling and hours upon hours of waiting. So, I agreed to obtain a policy with Dairyland Insurance. Huge mistake!!!

They charged me a very high down payment. I figured, no worries. I’ll get most of all of it refunded when I switch back to my regular policy. I held the policy with Dairyland for a week total. They refunded zero dollars after several attempts to contact them to process the cancellation. They mentioned there was a penalty for canceling early. Funny, this was never mentioned when they immediately changed the high down payment. Crooks!!! I felt like I was waiting for DMV with a few failed attempts to make it to the counter even though it was on the phone. Yes, it was that painful and irritating!!! Awful customer service!!! Can’t imagine if I actually had to work with them on a claim. Please spread the word if you had a bad experience with this company also. They have a license to steal your hard earned money and you have no recourse.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I needed to purchase an FR22 policy to reinstate my drivers licence in Florida. I explained to the sales person that I had a vehicle and what I needed. She stated that they did not sell FR22 with auto coverage but a non-owner policy and I would need to purchase the FR22 with them and get regular coverage on my vehicle.

After the purchase I attempted to purchase coverage for my new vehicle to find out from all the other companies I called for quotes that they are not sold separately and is simply coverage providing Bodily injury liability, and property damage liability in high amounts and in fact is not even legal to have two insurance policies with the same coverage.

I immediately called Dairyland to cancel and they said they would need proof of insurance with another provider, which I did. They kept $24.36 of my payment (at this time I have not even received the refund yet.) They could not explain why but I tired of wrestling with the representative and gave up. They either are not knowledgeable about the products they sell or are purposely trying to scam people.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Don't get the insurance. Their customer service is horrible and they take your money without your consent and then cancel your policy without a reason and then don't refund any money back, don't waste your time with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My son was involved in an accident with one of the insured drivers on 09/27/2019 @16:41pm. No injuries. Thank God. But the accident was caused because she made an ILLEGAL U-TURN at an intersection that has a sign posted NO U-TURNS. It has the symbol on it as well. Not only did she make the turn she stopped after doing said turn and my son hit her in the drivers side rear end. The police and the traffic investigator accessed the scene found her at fault. She is given a ticket. I call her insurance provider (Dairyland/Peak property) to file my claim the next day. The customer service representative took down my information and gave me a claims adjuster name and number.. Which she was available til Tues.

When I finally talked with her, she sent out a investigator to take pics of my car. And when the investigator was done she told me I should be hearing back from them soon. I gave them a few days. I called the claims adjuster on 10/03/2019 just to get a follow up on my claim.. Which she tells me she just received the police report that morning and she has file with their claims Dept. No liability. Bull. YOUR CLIENT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT AND NOW YOU'RE NOT GONNA PAY FOR MY CAR TO BE FIX. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR. I read the reviews and I see what folks are so pissed off at. Y'all are some incompetent jack rabbits!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I had to contact this company because this is the insurance the driver who hit us uses. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. Completely uncaring employees who offered up below the minimum amount of information required. Spoke to them on Friday and then Tuesday, and on Tuesday they offer up they only do inspections on Monday and we need to wait another week. They didn't call back on the number we provided and instead left voicemails on an old non-checked number off of the insurance company paperwork. Adjuster was callous, curt, and uninterested listening to anything. I pity anyone that has to do business with this company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

My car has been down for sometime now. I finally thought that I had gotten the problem fixed so I purchased insurance so I could drive it legally. Unfortunately my car problem persisted. I canceled the same day. Almost two weeks later I emailed customer service twice inquiring about cancellation and the refund that should have hit my bank account by that time. Luckily I did get a response but unfortunately they would take out more than half of what I paid. I am very disappointed as a broke college student trying to survive. To anyone who may be inquiring they have cancellation fees.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have moved and cancelled my policy on the day it was paid. Only receive a fraction of my cost back and still received notice from California of non-coverage because of lapse of coverage from Dairyland. Do not purchase! One star because it wouldn't allow less.

Original review: July 26, 2019

They accepted me, took my money and decided to cancel my policy. They didn’t even have the decency give my down payment back. If they was going to cancel me a month later they should of never accepted me in the first place. Don’t go to them or believe what they talking about. They will charge you high down payment. Take your money and leave you to find someone else just to pay more money. They should of never accepted Me in the first place. Going to say they didn’t know it was that bad but read me everything on my record while giving me a quote their for they knew what they would getting into. They just wanted to take my money.

Dairyland auto Company Information