Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

By working with brokers and online services, Dairyland and its subsidiaries offer customer lower prices and coverage than other insurance companies can. Happy customers appreciate the company’s excellent customer service and competitive prices.

PROS

• Offers online policy sign up
  • Policies available for those with poor credit or driving history
  • Low rates due to owning multiple companies
  • No prior insurance required to get approved
  • Offers coverage for old, antique, extra-large and unique vehicles
  • Accepts foreign drivers licenses

CONS

• Physical locations limited and far away from many customers
  • Some customers experienced long wait times for reimbursement

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

211 Dairyland auto Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was hit in a parking lot by a person that was insured by Dairyland Ins. I put in a claim with them for damages to my auto. I must say, I was treated with the utmost respect and compassion by the claim representative, Tasha **. Ms ** instructed me on what to do and how to do it. She always responded to my calls, she conversed with the auto body shop that I was using and also the car rental. Everything went extremely smooth, no complications, no waiting, the claim was paid to my satisfaction. It was a pleasure dealing with this company and I would give them 5 stars for what they do and how they do it! Thank you Tasha ** and Dairyland Ins!!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

Dairyland was one of only 2 companies we found that were willing to cover ALL of our vehicles, including a one ton dually, which is not a commercial vehicle, and out of those two companies, they were not only much less expensive, but actually willing to offer coverage even though we had just had a short lapse in coverage due to a bill not getting paid. So, in the end, Dairyland was the only company we were able to find, after both going through brokers and doing research on our own, that was willing to give us any kind of coverage. The lower price was just a wonderful perk.

I usually insist on top of the line insurance. I have been hit several times and suffer permanent injuries because of these accidents that were not my fault so I know, better than most, that the insurance company's reputation of responsiveness and willingness to understand each customers' needs are more important than virtually any other aspect. At this time, I know virtually nothing about Dairyland and how they do business. They seem to have a decent reputation, but I'd really like to know more about the company before I have to find out while working with them after an accident.

I didn’t purchase the insurance myself, which is extremely unusual because my husband usually gets frustrated with the process and/or runs out of time to finish and/or just feels so overwhelmed by the whole thing that he turns it over to me. I can’t tell you how surprised I was to leave, come back just a short time later and find out that my husband had not only found a company that met our needs, after several weeks of searching, but had also completed the purchase, paid for 6 months of premiums, and even had the auto insurance cards printed out and in hand, ready to go into the vehicles before I got home.

It was the first time in over 21 years that he has ever finished choosing and purchasing an auto insurance policy, but he also said that they were easy to work with and didn’t seem the slightest bit frustrated. His only concern seemed to be not knowing the Dairyland name, but he seemed confident that had made a wise purchase and was happy with the process and coverage.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The price is affordable for me being that I'm on disability and my income is limited to a low price. They allow me to make monthly payments instead of paying for it all up front. However, customer service is really bad when I have a problem and I can't call directly and talk to an agent. I am transferred to a hotline and have to talk to a completely stranger in another state where they have no idea what my problem is. I wish to have a more personal relationship with the agent locally.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have had a great experience Dairyland. I purchased through a insurance broker and enjoy the insurance and although it is expensive it is cheaper than other policies and a competitive price. I have been with the same company for years and it covers all of my vehicles. This is the only company that provided Broad form coverage to cover all of my vehicles. This was the same price as insuring only one vehicle so was the best deal on insurance that I was able to find. I am happy with my coverage. I do not like that auto insurance has gone up so much in Colorado that it is almost unaffordable but comparatively this was the best deal I could find.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchasing a policy from them was quite simple. They asked all the same questions as others and quickly pulled up my driving record to obtain my quote. All the people I talked to either in person or on the phone were all very friendly and extremely helpful. They answered all my question and were very patient with me while I was price checking different companies to fit my budget. Overall a very dependable and helpful company to go through. I like that they're one of the cheapest places I've went through. Also they work with me on a set due date for the entire 6 month period which I'm sure other places do as well. I've just became very comfortable with this company after being with them for multiple years.

But when I was involved in an accident, they were very slow at doing their part especially when it came to responding to phone calls. Also all the rules as they called it for getting a rental car was a tad bit ridiculous. Especially when it came to how many days you could keep it. Other than these few things I actually prefer them over all the other companies I've had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 3, 2019

My wife was struck by one of their clients. I called and completed a lengthy interview. When it was my turn to ask a simple question “does your client have insurance?” the games began. First it was two days to two weeks for their “insurance investigation” which quickly turned a number of days later to “2 months” to complete. Dealt with their Stevens Point, WI location and spoke with Kara. Could not have been less helpful or dismissive. These folks should be investigated for trying to avoid their responsibility to accident victims. Now it’s time to hire a lawyer, something I really don’t like doing but they offer you no options.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

I approached the organization as we were victims in an accident with one of their clients. The lack of communication was so unprofessional it shocked me. Until I spoke with Jessica **'s manager, there were no return calls. Any existing communications was so unpleasant it was disturbing. No matter what the organization's position is regarding a claim, it should consider that we are all not only potential clients but are individuals who for the most part have experienced a negative situation, regardless of the magnitude of the accident. So, empathy should be prominent. At minimum, professionalism which I can assure you was lacking. At this point, my insurance company is dealing with them.

Original review: April 22, 2019

First thing I would like to say if I can give it less than one star I totally would. Got myself into a car accident 3 weeks ago. It was not my fault. It was the other car ran a red light. I called my insurance immediately. They wrote down the report. They still have not called me back. It has been 3 weeks. My husband I have reached out to them at least a dozen of time. We left messages. Nobody has called us back. Unprofessional and rude. We are changing our car insurance tomorrow. I have never experienced nothing like this ever in car insurance. Please do not get this car insurance. They're horrible. I think it's a scam.

Original review: March 30, 2019

These people STEAL your money then refuse to refund it!!! They debit your account for funds you dont know about. Then will tell you it takes a week to refund my money that I STILL NEVER GOT BACK!! THEY ARE THIEF'S!!! I WILL BE FILING A FRAUDULENT CLAIM WITH MY BANK!! !

Original review: March 20, 2019

Big Error - Charged account 3xs. Dairyland had charged my account 3 times within a month for a payment that should've been ran only once. I have now acquired NSF fees and return item fees for this. Other payments that were suppose to go through my account I pay my bills have caused them to be returned due to this overpayment. I have taken to numerous Dairyland supervisors regarding this issue and no one seems to be pushing this error to get resolved. They don't seem to think they have fault in any of the fees I have acquired. The only thing that has been resolved is 1 payment of $365.98 to be returned and that's it. This error on Dairyland Insurance has me out $621.00 as of now. I just want this resolved and to cancel without any fees to leave. Im very disappointed how this all has been handled. I just want them to own up to what has been done and pay the $621.00 of fees and the last payment ran for the 3rd time.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Nobody would tell you there is a EARLY TERMINATION FEE if you do not look into their fine prints in their 20 pages policy documents. In the policy, it even rephrases the early cancellation fee as 'If the Named Insured or a premium finance company cancels this policy, the premium owed or premium refund due will be calculated according to the short rate provisions contained in our manuals.' Shady enough business. It even took the representative 20 mins to find out this term for me to defend themselves.

I was charged $138 bucks for early termination. And they can't even explain how this number comes from. 10%? 15%? 20% of owed premium? No one knows. And I was not even informed of this penalty when I was ready to cancel. This shady insurance company is completely blacklisted in my future options. Be careful if you ever wanna do business with them.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I am required by law to have SR-22 insurance in order to keep my license valid in AL. Because of this if my policy cancels my insurance is automatically suspended and it costs $150 to reinstate every time. Which is why I make sure I pay my bill on time every month. I was having mail at my AL address stolen so was forwarding it all the at GA my friend resides at to avoid being robbed of my important mail any further and bc of this Dairyland Auto canceled my policy AFTER I PAID A MONTH IN ADVANCE and bc I live with my mother in AL and had no bills in my name they told me to bring in a piece of mail with my name and AL address. I did this and they told me first my policy could be reinstated with no lapse so I would not have to pay $150 to reinstate then turned around and said they couldn't reinstate my policy but write a new one which means making another down payment and $150 to reinstate my license!!!

How can you write a new policy but not reinstate the original one!?! This company makes you sign a waiver before insuring you saying you cannot sue them and it's things like this that are the reason why they have this clause! Do not trust this company with your money for anything. They will ** you for all they can and then some!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been on HOLD for 31 minutes and still holding to get an issue resolved. They have the longest wait times on the phone and added the wrong points to my husband's driving records which has caused the rates to go up on my auto policy. P.S Still on hold as we speak so I figured I should give them a review while I wait even longer on the phone.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Complete rip off. Very high premiums that if needed cover nothing! I get the runaround story when I ask about why my premiums are so high but never an answer. When my car was stolen they refused to cover anything. Not a penny after the $2000+ in premiums I had paid. Worst insurance ever.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This company is horrible. They way undervalued my car and refused to negotiate and tried to act as if they did me a favor. I would NOT BY ANY MEANS USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY. They should be shut down. Dairyland I really hope I never have to deal with you again. You are the worst.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I got my bill today. Auto pay even. With not one ticket, accident or claim, my premium just jumped $80 a month. I was told "state revisions". I started calling other friends. Nobody else's insurance went up. They've decided. No state revisions. Look it up. I am looking for another insurer!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Kaitlyn in Claims Department cannot get anything done. She's been handling a claim for over a month now. She's very rude on the phone. She flat out hates her job. I would not recommend this insurance to anyone!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Filed a claim and they don’t respond to phone calls or emails. It has been 2 weeks. My car was involved in an accident. I pay my bill and hoped for a quick resolution. But not to respond to voice mails and emails is inexcusable.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This company should be shut down!!! They do not treat their insured people right and do not pay when their insured people have accidents. They should not be allowed to take another dime from customers. Stay far, far, away from these robbers! And the people on the phone are not one bit friendly and act like you are spending their money. They should not be in car insurance business for even one more day. If I could shut them down, I would!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

They send out cancellation notices with your monthly bill even though you have automatic payments set up. It’s like they are expecting you to not pay. It takes days to get a response and you have to give them a written request every time. Of all the auto insurance companies I have dealt with they are by far the worst.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I work in insurance collections. I do not have this companies insurance (thank God) but I do have to deal with them almost daily as part of my job. I absolutely hate having to deal with these people. They are very disrespectful to you, even though I am not a customer I represent a lienholder. So I know if they treat me like crap, I can't imagine how they treat their customers! Every time I call, I have to tell the customer service rep their own policies and procedures in order to accomplish what I am calling about. This last time I called, just today, the very "pleasant" lady I was talking to put me on hold after I told her she could help me and proceeded to tell her the company policies regarding lienholder.

She then pretended to talk to a supervisor and came back on the line and told me he agreed with her that they could not help me. I then asked to be transferred to this supervisor and she refused to transfer me to that person. Her excuse was, "I already told you what you need to know and no one else will help you either." I said, "I would like to speak to anyone else in the whole company, supervisor or not." She then again told me the same thing. "No I will not transfer you to anyone." I said, "So you flat out refuse to transfer me to anyone else, you are the only person there that I can talk to." She said, "That's right, you will not talk to anyone else."

I ended up hanging up on her. I am in the process of discussions with the company I work for, we are hoping to accomplish our plan very soon. I am hoping that in the very near future we will not finance anyone if they get Dairyland Auto insurance. We will be telling all of our customers and all of our dealerships will be telling all of their customers to steer clear of this company at all costs! This has to be the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with, and I am not even their customer! My advice... go to another company... any other company!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

They will sign you up for months of continuous coverage that you didn't sign up for. Will not recheck insurance as tickets come off, to make it rightfully cheaper. They are damn near fraudulent practices.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I originally switched to Dairyland for the lower rate. That was the worst mistake I could have possibly made, because you are getting what you're paying for with this company. There was an incident that occurred two months ago and it was impossible to speak to a live representative let alone get an update. Once I finally was able to speak to someone, he was very rude and did not help me at all. Steer clear of this company. My policy is up within the month and I will be switching to a company who actually cares about their customers.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Since day one this insurance co was a joke. Quoted $45 per month at time of purchase of a new motorcycle. Set up autopay and noticed I was being charged $80 per month. Finally get this fixed and then upon renewal they jack it back up to $80. Then these jokes charge a cancelation fee as well. Save yourself from the lies and horrible customer service. BTW, I have a clean driving record and zero accidents.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

One of their insured rear ended me. It took them almost a week to accept responsibility. Now they have been dodging my calls about my diminished value claim for weeks. Their adjuster will not return my call, I have never dealt with a company like this before. You would think that they would want to settle claims a little faster.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This company has ducked and dodged me after the fact their client allowed an unlicensed driver behind the wheel only to wreck into my car. Still haven't been compensated for my vehicle or lack of a vehicle for close to two months. It's a damn shame they are allowed to scam people who have nothing to begin with.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was in a no-fault accident with one of their insured. He hit me really hard from behind. My car was in the shop and this ins. company wanted to go cheap on the parts but the ones the shop ordered didn’t fit. It took longer than usual to fix so I ended up having to use the rental (which Dairyland was supposed to be responsible for) longer due to not having my vehicle ready. They only approved the rental for 5 days before my car was ready so they ended up stiffing me with the additional 5 days out of my own pocket. After speaking to the claims rep, he said the claim had already been closed out and basically said I was “** out of luck"! Wow, way to go Dairyland. I should have hired an attorney like I had originally planned but gave y’all the benefit of the doubt thinking you could take care of my claim. This is a ROTTEN company! Hopefully, no one has to go through something stupid like this 'cause it is REALLY UPSETTING.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

How is this business even allowed to still do business? How does this business have 3 stars? If I could do more to shut this company down I would. But all I can do is write a review to tell you how nasty this company is. Winter came. I crashed. I had full coverage. 3000 worth of damage. How much did Dairyland pay me? After 8 months of paying them 500 a month? They paid me $321.00. For 3000 dollars worth of damage. My deductible was 500. Now common sense will tell us that's not okay. I'm stuck with a car that is basically totaled. And Dairyland still expects me to pay each month. Haha... I wish they would shut this place down. I just can't.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

This company is nothing short of a scamming and swindling entity. DO NOT USE them! I have never dealt with any company that is this disorganized and dishonest. We received an initial quote of $670 to cover for 6 months. Once we paid the premium we received a letter that our premium had gone up to close to $4000. We then decided to change company due to their misleading business practice, but we got charged even more to cancel it! All in all a really bad apple in the business. Be careful what you sign up.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Dairyland was just fine while I was paying monthly. Reasonable rates for broad form. Tried to cancel my insurance, I got full coverage elsewhere as I was quoted a fraction of what Dairyland wanted. Got the runaround for cancellation, took nearly 2 weeks for them to understand I was trying to cancel my policy. If that wasn't bad enough, I called and requested payment history and had to talk to 3 different agents before I got what I wanted. Not great customer service. Will not recommend or be a return customer.

Dairyland auto Company Information