Compare Quotes and Save

Get Quotes
2.98/5

aka Sentry Insurance

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes

BOTTOM LINE

By working with brokers and online services, Dairyland and its subsidiaries offer customer lower prices and coverage than other insurance companies can. Happy customers appreciate the company’s excellent customer service and competitive prices.

PROS

• Offers online policy sign up
  • Policies available for those with poor credit or driving history
  • Low rates due to owning multiple companies
  • No prior insurance required to get approved
  • Offers coverage for old, antique, extra-large and unique vehicles
  • Accepts foreign drivers licenses

CONS

• Physical locations limited and far away from many customers
  • Some customers experienced long wait times for reimbursement

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

198 Dairyland Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This company should be shut down!!! They do not treat their insured people right and do not pay when their insured people have accidents. They should not be allowed to take another dime from customers. Stay far, far, away from these robbers! And the people on the phone are not one bit friendly and act like you are spending their money. They should not be in car insurance business for even one more day. If I could shut them down, I would!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

They send out cancellation notices with your monthly bill even though you have automatic payments set up. It’s like they are expecting you to not pay. It takes days to get a response and you have to give them a written request every time. Of all the auto insurance companies I have dealt with they are by far the worst.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I work in insurance collections. I do not have this companies insurance (thank God) but I do have to deal with them almost daily as part of my job. I absolutely hate having to deal with these people. They are very disrespectful to you, even though I am not a customer I represent a lienholder. So I know if they treat me like crap, I can't imagine how they treat their customers! Every time I call, I have to tell the customer service rep their own policies and procedures in order to accomplish what I am calling about. This last time I called, just today, the very "pleasant" lady I was talking to put me on hold after I told her she could help me and proceeded to tell her the company policies regarding lienholder.

She then pretended to talk to a supervisor and came back on the line and told me he agreed with her that they could not help me. I then asked to be transferred to this supervisor and she refused to transfer me to that person. Her excuse was, "I already told you what you need to know and no one else will help you either." I said, "I would like to speak to anyone else in the whole company, supervisor or not." She then again told me the same thing. "No I will not transfer you to anyone." I said, "So you flat out refuse to transfer me to anyone else, you are the only person there that I can talk to." She said, "That's right, you will not talk to anyone else."

I ended up hanging up on her. I am in the process of discussions with the company I work for, we are hoping to accomplish our plan very soon. I am hoping that in the very near future we will not finance anyone if they get Dairyland Auto insurance. We will be telling all of our customers and all of our dealerships will be telling all of their customers to steer clear of this company at all costs! This has to be the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with, and I am not even their customer! My advice... go to another company... any other company!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

They will sign you up for months of continuous coverage that you didn't sign up for. Will not recheck insurance as tickets come off, to make it rightfully cheaper. They are damn near fraudulent practices.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I originally switched to Dairyland for the lower rate. That was the worst mistake I could have possibly made, because you are getting what you're paying for with this company. There was an incident that occurred two months ago and it was impossible to speak to a live representative let alone get an update. Once I finally was able to speak to someone, he was very rude and did not help me at all. Steer clear of this company. My policy is up within the month and I will be switching to a company who actually cares about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Auto Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Since day one this insurance co was a joke. Quoted $45 per month at time of purchase of a new motorcycle. Set up autopay and noticed I was being charged $80 per month. Finally get this fixed and then upon renewal they jack it back up to $80. Then these jokes charge a cancelation fee as well. Save yourself from the lies and horrible customer service. BTW, I have a clean driving record and zero accidents.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

One of their insured rear ended me. It took them almost a week to accept responsibility. Now they have been dodging my calls about my diminished value claim for weeks. Their adjuster will not return my call, I have never dealt with a company like this before. You would think that they would want to settle claims a little faster.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This company has ducked and dodged me after the fact their client allowed an unlicensed driver behind the wheel only to wreck into my car. Still haven't been compensated for my vehicle or lack of a vehicle for close to two months. It's a damn shame they are allowed to scam people who have nothing to begin with.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was in a no-fault accident with one of their insured. He hit me really hard from behind. My car was in the shop and this ins. company wanted to go cheap on the parts but the ones the shop ordered didn’t fit. It took longer than usual to fix so I ended up having to use the rental (which Dairyland was supposed to be responsible for) longer due to not having my vehicle ready. They only approved the rental for 5 days before my car was ready so they ended up stiffing me with the additional 5 days out of my own pocket. After speaking to the claims rep, he said the claim had already been closed out and basically said I was “** out of luck"! Wow, way to go Dairyland. I should have hired an attorney like I had originally planned but gave y’all the benefit of the doubt thinking you could take care of my claim. This is a ROTTEN company! Hopefully, no one has to go through something stupid like this 'cause it is REALLY UPSETTING.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

How is this business even allowed to still do business? How does this business have 3 stars? If I could do more to shut this company down I would. But all I can do is write a review to tell you how nasty this company is. Winter came. I crashed. I had full coverage. 3000 worth of damage. How much did Dairyland pay me? After 8 months of paying them 500 a month? They paid me $321.00. For 3000 dollars worth of damage. My deductible was 500. Now common sense will tell us that's not okay. I'm stuck with a car that is basically totaled. And Dairyland still expects me to pay each month. Haha... I wish they would shut this place down. I just can't.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

This company is nothing short of a scamming and swindling entity. DO NOT USE them! I have never dealt with any company that is this disorganized and dishonest. We received an initial quote of $670 to cover for 6 months. Once we paid the premium we received a letter that our premium had gone up to close to $4000. We then decided to change company due to their misleading business practice, but we got charged even more to cancel it! All in all a really bad apple in the business. Be careful what you sign up.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Dairyland was just fine while I was paying monthly. Reasonable rates for broad form. Tried to cancel my insurance, I got full coverage elsewhere as I was quoted a fraction of what Dairyland wanted. Got the runaround for cancellation, took nearly 2 weeks for them to understand I was trying to cancel my policy. If that wasn't bad enough, I called and requested payment history and had to talk to 3 different agents before I got what I wanted. Not great customer service. Will not recommend or be a return customer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Unfortunately Elephant Auto Insurance subsidized their SR-22 contracts through these pieces of work so that was my first shortcoming. After making a payment for my third consecutive month of payments they cancelled my policy two days, 2 DAYS LATER. They could have notified me on the phone when they took the payment, that my insurance was to be cancelled in less than 48 hours due to a non-signing of a document that rotted in my email because NOT ONE representative cared enough to tell me about.

Eddie is garbage. This "person" did nothing to help or rectify the situation. Look at the reviews, this company is complete garbage and should be shut down immediately. All this company is going to do is steal your money and waste your time. I highly DISADVISE ANY SERVICE WITH THESE SWINDLERS. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I had enrolled to have payments automatically deducted from my account, but then had to cancel my card due to a fraud problem with another insurance company. I got my new card and then my Dairyland Insurance came due, so I called to make a payment with the new card. This was on the same day my payment was due, so it really should not have been a problem, but they automatically canceled my coverage without even notifying me, then charged an extra $750. Why? Well, since I was technically without coverage for a few hours, they were starting a whole new plan. All that money because payment was A FEW FREAKING HOURS late? I am shopping for a better insurance company, of course, and will endeavor to help everyone I know who carries Dairyland to find a better company as well. Their ** move to swindle me like this will cost them lots and lots of business.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

This insurance company will not pay the cost of repairs in an accident. I have been offered only one fourth the cost to repair my vehicle after their insured plowed into the back of my stopped car, left the scene, and was arrested for fleeing the accident.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This POS company won't reimburse me for claim they agreed to cover. Offered 4k when bill was 9k. I'm out 9k and am filing suit, filing complaints with TX board of insurance. They are cheap because they screw customers and are not a good faith company. Use anybody else.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

One of Dairyland's Insured just rear ended my Mercedes brand new. They threaten me if I don't sign that I will accept aftermarket parts. They won't pay my rental or process my claim. Told me to go ahead and get an attorney or go through my own insurance. I was sitting at a red light and their insured was on her phone and nailed me in the rear end. Clearly her fault. And they want me to accept repairing my NEW vehicle with faulty parts. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. WORST INSURANCE COMPANY EVER. BEWARE THEY ARE FRAUDS! They will try and cheat you!! I will be filing a complaint with the Ohio Dept of Insurance.

Original review: July 21, 2018

May 2 2018 I had purchased a policy and had to cancel two days later due to wrong information. We needed car insurance with me as an excluded driver because my license is suspended and the car is in my name. The affiliating company I talked to first said we needed a nonowner policy due to our circumstances because they don't do it. That's where DAIRYLAND came in. So, the representative told me the car would be insured. It's just my boyfriend's policy. Great. Cheap payment. Car insured. Fantastic, right? WRONG AS WRONG CAN GET!!!

The car wasn't even insured??? Paid 81.17 on May 2 and canceled May 4 because of this. I called and they told me I had to put it in writing that I wanted it cancelled and I'd get a full refund. I GOT A PARTIAL REFUND BECAUSE THE REST WAS TAKEN FOR A CANCELLATION FEE. Call again, not getting full refund. Have to pay the cancellation fee. FML ok fine. Prior to cancelling the policy I had scheduled a payment to come out on June because I thought this was going to work.

THE POLICY CANCELLED AND THEY STILL TRIED TO PULL THE MONEY AFTER THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULDN'T. Got a bill saying I owed them money for a NSF FEE. Called today, first chick tried saying it was a cancellation fee and I had to pay it when though they already kept 49 from the initial payment as cancellation. Spoke to a supervisor who cleared the account in two minutes. Thankful for the supervisor but no one else. ** this company. I'd give no stars but there's no option for that.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I started a new policy on July 6, 2018 with a local agent here in Pensacola. The lady that helped with my policy was very very nice and knowledgeable and was able to get me lower rates than what she has quoted me at first! She sent my ID cards through email so I could get my vehicle legal and everything went smooth. I then had to contact Dairyland insurance customer service and they was not helpful whatsoever!! They also told me I didn’t have a policy! The lady hung up on me when I started questioning where my money had went and asked her how I got ID cards if I didn’t have a policy! I hope to never have to deal with customer service again and will definitely be going through my local agent if I need anything!!!

Original review: July 10, 2018

No exaggeration within the subject title (Worst insurance company I have ever used!!!). I mean that with every fiber in my being. Check out their Google reviews, it's not filled with people that have a connection to the inside of the company like on this site. They screwed me out of 58 bucks when I sold my car and cancelled the policy. If it was more money I would have wrote the BBB on these cheapskates. These guys' customer service sucks, it takes half Hr to get someone on the phone, and once it took like 2 days of me calling to get a person on the phone. You use these guy, I guarantee you won't be a happy camper. Thank God I never got into a wreck and need to make a claim. That would have been hell. 2 thumbs and 2 big toes way way down. Find another company, don't give them your money!!!! You would be better burning it!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was hit in a parking lot by a person that was insured by Dairyland Ins. I put in a claim with them for damages to my auto. I must say, I was treated with the utmost respect and compassion by the claim representative, Tasha **. Ms ** instructed me on what to do and how to do it. She always responded to my calls, she conversed with the auto body shop that I was using and also the car rental. Everything went extremely smooth, no complications, no waiting, the claim was paid to my satisfaction. It was a pleasure dealing with this company and I would give them 5 stars for what they do and how they do it! Thank you Tasha ** and Dairyland Ins!!!

Original review: June 30, 2018

These people missed their calling in life, they should have been politicians. The next time one of their employees tells the truth will be the first!!! If you get hit by one of their drivers like I did don't bother speaking to them, just immediately hire the biggest scumbag ambulance chasing attorney and you'll be in better company.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The purchasing process was easy enough. I found through a website my previous company recommended. Dairyland Auto Insurance gave discounts through my work. Seemed like a good company to work with, and did not find too many bad reviews online. Rates started off great, then when it came time for renewal, I was turned off from their company and decided to go with a better one. Policy renewal fees were horrible. Rates for the next year ended up being higher than their competitors'. Getting to a live person took quite a while. And when I tried to find out why rates were worse or to find out if they price matched competitors it felt like they were getting annoyed with me which made me worry about having to file a claim if I were ever in an accident.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I disliked the entire policy that I had and I didn't care for the company at all. They charged me an arm and a leg for my insurance policy, I had to pay $425 a month and it was horrible. I had no choice but to go through them because my aunt was the one who got me the policy and she said that Dairyland is a really good insurance to have. But I couldn't ever get sold of anyone anytime I called. My overall experience of trying to get insurance through them was completely and totally horrible. I ended up selling my car 2 months later because I just couldn't afford to pay 425 a month.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The insurance was reasonably priced and the down payment was inexpensive. Also had an SR-22 additionally along with towing and theft protection. I had this insurance through this company for a short period of time. And I would have liked to have gotten more information about the company when I received my insurance card as well as get discounts for safe driving. It was easily purchased through a company that finds best insurance provider based on driving record for lowest cost. However, eventually I switched to another provider due to increase of coverage and pricing.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Dairyland was one of only 2 companies we found that were willing to cover ALL of our vehicles, including a one ton dually, which is not a commercial vehicle, and out of those two companies, they were not only much less expensive, but actually willing to offer coverage even though we had just had a short lapse in coverage due to a bill not getting paid. So, in the end, Dairyland was the only company we were able to find, after both going through brokers and doing research on our own, that was willing to give us any kind of coverage. The lower price was just a wonderful perk.

I usually insist on top of the line insurance. I have been hit several times and suffer permanent injuries because of these accidents that were not my fault so I know, better than most, that the insurance company's reputation of responsiveness and willingness to understand each customers' needs are more important than virtually any other aspect. At this time, I know virtually nothing about Dairyland and how they do business. They seem to have a decent reputation, but I'd really like to know more about the company before I have to find out while working with them after an accident.

I didn’t purchase the insurance myself, which is extremely unusual because my husband usually gets frustrated with the process and/or runs out of time to finish and/or just feels so overwhelmed by the whole thing that he turns it over to me. I can’t tell you how surprised I was to leave, come back just a short time later and find out that my husband had not only found a company that met our needs, after several weeks of searching, but had also completed the purchase, paid for 6 months of premiums, and even had the auto insurance cards printed out and in hand, ready to go into the vehicles before I got home.

It was the first time in over 21 years that he has ever finished choosing and purchasing an auto insurance policy, but he also said that they were easy to work with and didn’t seem the slightest bit frustrated. His only concern seemed to be not knowing the Dairyland name, but he seemed confident that had made a wise purchase and was happy with the process and coverage.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Getting insurance was relatively easy. The customer service people are friendly, helpful and fast. I overall enjoy my insurance very much. I like broadband insurance for all my cars. It's the most economical. I like quality things at an affordable price. And they allow me to pay online. But they charge a late fee and they charge to pay with a live rep. I would like to get better discounts in the my area in the future. I would also like to bundle my insurance, house, car and life. They do not offer the other three. Insurance never seems worth it till you need it. They have always come through when I needed them. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The price is affordable for me being that I'm on disability and my income is limited to a low price. They allow me to make monthly payments instead of paying for it all up front. However, customer service is really bad when I have a problem and I can't call directly and talk to an agent. I am transferred to a hotline and have to talk to a completely stranger in another state where they have no idea what my problem is. I wish to have a more personal relationship with the agent locally.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have had a great experience Dairyland. I purchased through a insurance broker and enjoy the insurance and although it is expensive it is cheaper than other policies and a competitive price. I have been with the same company for years and it covers all of my vehicles. This is the only company that provided Broad form coverage to cover all of my vehicles. This was the same price as insuring only one vehicle so was the best deal on insurance that I was able to find. I am happy with my coverage. I do not like that auto insurance has gone up so much in Colorado that it is almost unaffordable but comparatively this was the best deal I could find.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchasing a policy from them was quite simple. They asked all the same questions as others and quickly pulled up my driving record to obtain my quote. All the people I talked to either in person or on the phone were all very friendly and extremely helpful. They answered all my question and were very patient with me while I was price checking different companies to fit my budget. Overall a very dependable and helpful company to go through. I like that they're one of the cheapest places I've went through. Also they work with me on a set due date for the entire 6 month period which I'm sure other places do as well. I've just became very comfortable with this company after being with them for multiple years.

But when I was involved in an accident, they were very slow at doing their part especially when it came to responding to phone calls. Also all the rules as they called it for getting a rental car was a tad bit ridiculous. Especially when it came to how many days you could keep it. Other than these few things I actually prefer them over all the other companies I've had.

Dairyland Auto Insurance Company Information