2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies.

BOTTOM LINE

By working with brokers and online services, Dairyland and its subsidiaries offer customer lower prices and coverage than other insurance companies can. Happy customers appreciate the company’s excellent customer service and competitive prices.

PROS

• Offers online policy sign up
  • Policies available for those with poor credit or driving history
  • Low rates due to owning multiple companies
  • No prior insurance required to get approved
  • Offers coverage for old, antique, extra-large and unique vehicles
  • Accepts foreign drivers licenses

CONS

• Physical locations limited and far away from many customers
  • Some customers experienced long wait times for reimbursement

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Dairyland auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

My account page on the website said my policy expired on Aug 6, 6 days from now. Then I get an email saying my policy was just cancelled today. I call them then they tell me it had been cancelled a month ago! These idiots need to get their act together. Not renewing with these imbeciles.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Typically, an insurance companies alerts a purchaser when it comes time to renew. I purchased one year of coverage from Dairyland. I did not purchase a second year. At the end of the first year, they charged my card for a second year without alerting or consulting with me. Calling or writing the company appears to be futile. I feel certain that unless I block them from my card, they will do the same next year. After several attempts at contacting Dairyland, there has been no response to my request for a refund, or to cancel the policy. According to many reports, successful refunds amount to approximately 50% due to a cancellation fee.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Don't use this company. They double charged me and made me email a bank statement to prove it, and they wanna wait a week before looking at it. I don't know if I'll get my $148 back! Plus, if you use their service for only a day, they'll deduct $50 from your refund. What a greedy business. Deceitful and slow to respond. Go anywhere but here, you won't regret choosing a different car insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

My daughter and I were hit on 11/22/19. Dairyland is the insurer of the vehicle that hit us. The police assigned fault to the other driver on the scene. Today is 12/30 and Dairyland has yet to make a determination of coverage!! They claim, they are/have been unable to contact the policyholder, I found the person on Facebook, the person's business name and license number, and the person's family members along with other information within the first 3 days after receiving a copy of my police report. Dairyland has been using this excuse for over 5 weeks!! They won't even provide us with a rental car, which I asked for from day one.

My van is not safe to drive due to their customer's vehicle hitting us!! I don't know what's going to happen next. I have sought legal counsel though. We are still waiting, by the way, I carry uninsured motorist coverage on my van. But, because Dairyland won't make a determination, I can't even get reimbursed from my insurance at this time because they are a trash company too!! I hope I can help someone with this brief review of Dairyland Insurance Comp. Please, save yourself this head-ache!! I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I had called and cancelled my automobile coverage BEFORE it was due because Dairyland refused to offer a better deal. I found another company that had better rates. Then today I receive a notice from DAIRYLAND that if I refused to pay, they would "assign the account to a collection agency". Collection Agency?? What insurance company does that? In the past when I have changed insurance companies, I usually get a check for the unused prorated time left on the policy, this time I just figured I had no refund coming....but never got a threatening letter because I wanted to cancel their coverage.

When I called DAIRYLAND the young lady said that I need to pay the amount due, THEN I can cancel the policy. WHAT? I reminded her that I had called and cancelled the policy almost 2 months ago. She said there was no record of it and I still owed payments. I reiterated to her that I owed no payment as I HAD CANCELLED THE ACCOUNT! (Last year when I was 3 days late with the payment, I received an email cancelling my coverage if I did not pay within a specified time...I called and made my payment.)

Anyway, I, again, instructed her to cancel the account and not to send me anymore correspondence other than confirmation of the cancellation, and hung up.

What do you wanna bet they still, either send me a bill....or actually turn it over to a collection agency. I know a good lawyer biting at the bit to sue an insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

As the person that was hit, I filed a claim to have my car fixed, I left multiple messages 2-3 times weekly, no return calls, I finally get ahold of someone 5 months after the accident, they denied the claim stating there was no evidence. WTF? I have pictures of everything, reports, everything.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The most horrible Automobile Insurance In the world! Please do yourself a favor and Stay clear away from this insurance. Pay the extra money and get a more reputable auto insurance like USAA, Mercury, StateFarm, Allstate, etc. If I could give them a negative rating I would. They use ** excuses to deny your auto insurance claim. You are stuck paying the car payments for a car that that is not drivable during this time because they refuse to fix your car after it has been damaged in a automobile accident. I actually had to report them to the Department of Insurance to try and get this resolved. I will never ever go the cheap route with automobile insurance again. Don’t ever use Dairyland Insurance!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My BMW stolen. They suck. It’s been over 30 days. Still no help. I paid my insurance each mo over 2 yrs. I have been treated like a criminal from the 1st person I talk to. No rental car. Nothing. It took 3 days to talk to a real person. You get better treatment at the power company. Lesson learned the hard way. Stick with a known name. DairyLand should stay with the cows. Not worth the paper its wrote up on. Don’t go with Dairy Land. Bad faith.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Save yourself money and headaches, don’t use this insurance company. They are shady and only want your bucks. I purchased a truck in another state other than my residency. The dealer and lender for the truck insisted for me to acquire local NC insurance before taking owner of vehicle even though I already had insurance in place on my other vehicles. I was completely over the whole car buying experience with hassling and hours upon hours of waiting. So, I agreed to obtain a policy with Dairyland Insurance. Huge mistake!!!

They charged me a very high down payment. I figured, no worries. I’ll get most of all of it refunded when I switch back to my regular policy. I held the policy with Dairyland for a week total. They refunded zero dollars after several attempts to contact them to process the cancellation. They mentioned there was a penalty for canceling early. Funny, this was never mentioned when they immediately changed the high down payment. Crooks!!! I felt like I was waiting for DMV with a few failed attempts to make it to the counter even though it was on the phone. Yes, it was that painful and irritating!!! Awful customer service!!! Can’t imagine if I actually had to work with them on a claim. Please spread the word if you had a bad experience with this company also. They have a license to steal your hard earned money and you have no recourse.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I needed to purchase an FR22 policy to reinstate my drivers licence in Florida. I explained to the sales person that I had a vehicle and what I needed. She stated that they did not sell FR22 with auto coverage but a non-owner policy and I would need to purchase the FR22 with them and get regular coverage on my vehicle.

After the purchase I attempted to purchase coverage for my new vehicle to find out from all the other companies I called for quotes that they are not sold separately and is simply coverage providing Bodily injury liability, and property damage liability in high amounts and in fact is not even legal to have two insurance policies with the same coverage.

I immediately called Dairyland to cancel and they said they would need proof of insurance with another provider, which I did. They kept $24.36 of my payment (at this time I have not even received the refund yet.) They could not explain why but I tired of wrestling with the representative and gave up. They either are not knowledgeable about the products they sell or are purposely trying to scam people.

Dairyland auto Company Information