Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.12/5

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

By working with brokers and online services, Dairyland and its subsidiaries offer customer lower prices and coverage than other insurance companies can. Happy customers appreciate the company’s excellent customer service and competitive prices.

PROS

• Offers online policy sign up
  • Policies available for those with poor credit or driving history
  • Low rates due to owning multiple companies
  • No prior insurance required to get approved
  • Offers coverage for old, antique, extra-large and unique vehicles
  • Accepts foreign drivers licenses

CONS

• Physical locations limited and far away from many customers
  • Some customers experienced long wait times for reimbursement

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Dairyland auto Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My son was involved in an accident with one of the insured drivers on 09/27/2019 @16:41pm. No injuries. Thank God. But the accident was caused because she made an ILLEGAL U-TURN at an intersection that has a sign posted NO U-TURNS. It has the symbol on it as well. Not only did she make the turn she stopped after doing said turn and my son hit her in the drivers side rear end. The police and the traffic investigator accessed the scene found her at fault. She is given a ticket. I call her insurance provider (Dairyland/Peak property) to file my claim the next day. The customer service representative took down my information and gave me a claims adjuster name and number.. Which she was available til Tues.

When I finally talked with her, she sent out a investigator to take pics of my car. And when the investigator was done she told me I should be hearing back from them soon. I gave them a few days. I called the claims adjuster on 10/03/2019 just to get a follow up on my claim.. Which she tells me she just received the police report that morning and she has file with their claims Dept. No liability. Bull. YOUR CLIENT CAUSED THE ACCIDENT AND NOW YOU'RE NOT GONNA PAY FOR MY CAR TO BE FIX. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR. I read the reviews and I see what folks are so pissed off at. Y'all are some incompetent jack rabbits!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I had to contact this company because this is the insurance the driver who hit us uses. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. Completely uncaring employees who offered up below the minimum amount of information required. Spoke to them on Friday and then Tuesday, and on Tuesday they offer up they only do inspections on Monday and we need to wait another week. They didn't call back on the number we provided and instead left voicemails on an old non-checked number off of the insurance company paperwork. Adjuster was callous, curt, and uninterested listening to anything. I pity anyone that has to do business with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

My car has been down for sometime now. I finally thought that I had gotten the problem fixed so I purchased insurance so I could drive it legally. Unfortunately my car problem persisted. I canceled the same day. Almost two weeks later I emailed customer service twice inquiring about cancellation and the refund that should have hit my bank account by that time. Luckily I did get a response but unfortunately they would take out more than half of what I paid. I am very disappointed as a broke college student trying to survive. To anyone who may be inquiring they have cancellation fees.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have moved and cancelled my policy on the day it was paid. Only receive a fraction of my cost back and still received notice from California of non-coverage because of lapse of coverage from Dairyland. Do not purchase! One star because it wouldn't allow less.

Original review: July 26, 2019

They accepted me, took my money and decided to cancel my policy. They didn’t even have the decency give my down payment back. If they was going to cancel me a month later they should of never accepted me in the first place. Don’t go to them or believe what they talking about. They will charge you high down payment. Take your money and leave you to find someone else just to pay more money. They should of never accepted Me in the first place. Going to say they didn’t know it was that bad but read me everything on my record while giving me a quote their for they knew what they would getting into. They just wanted to take my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was involved in an accident with someone insured by them. Tried to file a claim against their client for damages. It took 5 days, multiple calls/messages and finally a call to the supervisor to get any response. Their "recording equipment" was not working so they couldn't take an official statement but had me go through it anyway, saying that they would call me back and get an recorded statement later and that they would let me know their determination at that time. They never did either, so I had to file with my insurance co. and they will go to arbitration. Everybody loses in this scenario. Horrible company, should be investigated by the insurance watchdogs.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Charged me double for one month and can't explain to me why and still tell me I owe for the next month. They are stealing money from people. Terrible customer service. Do not use this company. I want my money back. This is unacceptable.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Policy **. Set up a new policy. They offer a good low rate. Gave a discount when I 1st sign up. After 6 months they increase my bill 150.82. No accidents, no tickets, no incidents. Had to talk to 3 people. They hung up on me. Had to call back, when ask why they told me that they change my policy and rate. Got no email, call or letter in the mail. I was given only one option which is to pay the extra fee plus 6 months in advance then they will call me back in a few days to tell me if they can or can't lower my bill back to what it was when I first signed up with them. So they want all my money now then wait for their answer at a later time and wanted to record me saying yes I authorize this huge lump payment which means I can dispute later so they canceled my policy the same day I called. Now looking for a new policy last minute.

Original review: July 4, 2019

For the record, I do not have a policy with Dairyland. This is my experience of being hit by one of their insured drivers. After my parked car was hit, we started the painful claims process. They gave me a representative who was on vacation the entire first week of this ordeal, making it extremely difficult to contact anybody who had any clue what was going on, and made it even more difficult for the collision shop when the estimate wasn't even right in the first place. The estimate was based on pictures that I took of the car, not an actual qualified professional who could have made a proper estimate right then and there. Different parts needed to be ordered, estimate needs redone, creates delays. Lack of communication between Dairyland and collision shop creates even more delays.

Even though NONE of these delays are my fault, today I get a call that they aren't paying for my rental anymore, giving me approximately 3 hours on a Wednesday to figure out how to handle the situation. Now, the financial responsibility for the rental is on me until my car is out of the shop. My PARKED car was hit, and now I am out of pocket because nobody has their act together! The way they have been constantly harassing me, calling several times a day while I'm at work because they can't reach the collision shop and putting the pressure on me to contact the rental car place or the collision shop. That's your job, not mine! This entire process sucks, it would have been easier if this was a hit and run because my insurance GEICO would have had this handled professionally AND they would have been courteous and HELPFUL through the process. If you were thinking of getting this insurance, don't do it. Garbage company.

Original review: July 2, 2019

So I was very skeptical about how my experience with Dairyland was going to be but everything carried out better than my worries. I was rear-ended by someone, at a red light, who carried Dairyland insurance. We called the police, he admitted fault and the report was issued. I called Dairyland that day, made a claim and spent about 30 minutes on the phone. Next day, the adjuster calls me and I don't answer because I was at work but I called back during lunch and he still didn't answer. After reading reviews I was afraid he was going to ignore my calls and my car would never get fixed. I called a second time and no answer. I called a third time and he finally answers, has me download an app to upload the pictures of where my car was hit and submit them. I do all this on Monday. He said I will be called by someone to give me the initial estimate. Next day, I do not receive a call.

I call my adjuster to check up on the status of my claim. I called three times and no answer. I called the next day and he answered on my third phone call. He said they deemed my car a total loss on Tuesday, which I had no knowledge of. He said I would receive a call the next day too from Michael to follow up and explain the next steps. The next day came by and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Michael to explain to me how much I will receive and what is going to be done with my car. I then called Monday after they picked up my car, and my adjuster Doug happily provided me with a car rental reservation for the week until I find a car. This took one week! I am very happy of the outcome. I do think that my adjuster needs to be more aware of his phone though. All this happened in one week!

Dairyland auto Company Information