2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies.

BOTTOM LINE

Dairyland offers competitive prices and discounts for its various auto coverage plans. It handles claims quickly and efficiently and has options for drivers with poor credit or driving history. It’s available in 21 states.

PROS

• Affordable
  • Offers SR-22 insurance
  • Accepts drivers with poor credit

CONS

• Limited availability
  • Discounts vary from state to state

Top Dairyland auto Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

They are very wallet friendly and extremely simple to get set up and started. I had zero frustrations or problems getting insured… super easy to make payments. They have really been great from start to finish for me, friendly employees, great prices and will work with you to help in any way…

I liked the company and it was close to home which was very convenient since I didn't want a insurance company that was very far away. It was the best price for the policy that covered my husband and myself. Customer service was great too and always answered any questions I had…

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

What is Dairyland?

Dairyland provides low-cost vehicle and motorcycle insurance plans for high-risk drivers. With discounts and pay-as-you-go plans, the company tailors insurance plans to fit drivers’ needs. Dairyland offers a range of coverage, from state-minimum to comprehensive plans, as well as services like 24/7 claims, roadside assistance and SR-22 policies with same-day insurance filings.

Dairyland coverage and services

Dairyland offers a wide array of coverage, including collision, comprehensive, personal injury, liability and nonowner motorist insurance. It also provides rental reimbursement, medical payments, towing and labor, lienholder policies and special equipment coverage. Its free mobile app has various self-service options, like access to ID cards and other account info, bill alerts and payments. You can also make payments on the Dairyland website or over the telephone.

Dairyland quotes and costs

Dairyland offers free quotes online, as well as a variety of discount options, including multicar, advanced quote, transfer, payment frequency, homeowners, defensive driving and anti-theft discounts — though these vary from state to state. Each state has minimum auto insurance requirements, so it’s important to check your state’s laws beforehand.

Dairyland FAQ

How do I cancel my Dairyland insurance?
In order to cancel your Dairyland policy, you must contact its customer support department.
What states does Dairyland write in?
Dairyland is currently licensed in 21 states, including: Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Who owns Dairyland?
In 1966, Sentry Insurance acquired Dairyland. Sentry is a mutual insurance company that specializes in business insurance.
Does Dairyland offer roadside assistance?
Yes, Dairyland provides roadside assistance. This coverage includes emergency services like assistance with dead batteries, flat tires or breakdowns. It also covers towing and repair services.

Is Dairyland insurance any good?

Dairyland provides affordable coverage and a variety of policy plans. Its several discount options can help you save money and choose the plan that best suits you, whether you want basic or customized coverage. Dairyland also doesn't penalize drivers with poor credit, no prior insurance or an unsatisfactory driving record, and it also offers nonowner car insurance policies.

Dairyland auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

My account page on the website said my policy expired on Aug 6, 6 days from now. Then I get an email saying my policy was just cancelled today. I call them then they tell me it had been cancelled a month ago! These idiots need to get their act together. Not renewing with these imbeciles.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Typically, an insurance companies alerts a purchaser when it comes time to renew. I purchased one year of coverage from Dairyland. I did not purchase a second year. At the end of the first year, they charged my card for a second year without alerting or consulting with me. Calling or writing the company appears to be futile. I feel certain that unless I block them from my card, they will do the same next year. After several attempts at contacting Dairyland, there has been no response to my request for a refund, or to cancel the policy. According to many reports, successful refunds amount to approximately 50% due to a cancellation fee.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Don't use this company. They double charged me and made me email a bank statement to prove it, and they wanna wait a week before looking at it. I don't know if I'll get my $148 back! Plus, if you use their service for only a day, they'll deduct $50 from your refund. What a greedy business. Deceitful and slow to respond. Go anywhere but here, you won't regret choosing a different car insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

My daughter and I were hit on 11/22/19. Dairyland is the insurer of the vehicle that hit us. The police assigned fault to the other driver on the scene. Today is 12/30 and Dairyland has yet to make a determination of coverage!! They claim, they are/have been unable to contact the policyholder, I found the person on Facebook, the person's business name and license number, and the person's family members along with other information within the first 3 days after receiving a copy of my police report. Dairyland has been using this excuse for over 5 weeks!! They won't even provide us with a rental car, which I asked for from day one.

My van is not safe to drive due to their customer's vehicle hitting us!! I don't know what's going to happen next. I have sought legal counsel though. We are still waiting, by the way, I carry uninsured motorist coverage on my van. But, because Dairyland won't make a determination, I can't even get reimbursed from my insurance at this time because they are a trash company too!! I hope I can help someone with this brief review of Dairyland Insurance Comp. Please, save yourself this head-ache!! I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I had called and cancelled my automobile coverage BEFORE it was due because Dairyland refused to offer a better deal. I found another company that had better rates. Then today I receive a notice from DAIRYLAND that if I refused to pay, they would "assign the account to a collection agency". Collection Agency?? What insurance company does that? In the past when I have changed insurance companies, I usually get a check for the unused prorated time left on the policy, this time I just figured I had no refund coming....but never got a threatening letter because I wanted to cancel their coverage.

When I called DAIRYLAND the young lady said that I need to pay the amount due, THEN I can cancel the policy. WHAT? I reminded her that I had called and cancelled the policy almost 2 months ago. She said there was no record of it and I still owed payments. I reiterated to her that I owed no payment as I HAD CANCELLED THE ACCOUNT! (Last year when I was 3 days late with the payment, I received an email cancelling my coverage if I did not pay within a specified time...I called and made my payment.)

Anyway, I, again, instructed her to cancel the account and not to send me anymore correspondence other than confirmation of the cancellation, and hung up.

What do you wanna bet they still, either send me a bill....or actually turn it over to a collection agency. I know a good lawyer biting at the bit to sue an insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

As the person that was hit, I filed a claim to have my car fixed, I left multiple messages 2-3 times weekly, no return calls, I finally get ahold of someone 5 months after the accident, they denied the claim stating there was no evidence. WTF? I have pictures of everything, reports, everything.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The most horrible Automobile Insurance In the world! Please do yourself a favor and Stay clear away from this insurance. Pay the extra money and get a more reputable auto insurance like USAA, Mercury, StateFarm, Allstate, etc. If I could give them a negative rating I would. They use ** excuses to deny your auto insurance claim. You are stuck paying the car payments for a car that that is not drivable during this time because they refuse to fix your car after it has been damaged in a automobile accident. I actually had to report them to the Department of Insurance to try and get this resolved. I will never ever go the cheap route with automobile insurance again. Don’t ever use Dairyland Insurance!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My BMW stolen. They suck. It’s been over 30 days. Still no help. I paid my insurance each mo over 2 yrs. I have been treated like a criminal from the 1st person I talk to. No rental car. Nothing. It took 3 days to talk to a real person. You get better treatment at the power company. Lesson learned the hard way. Stick with a known name. DairyLand should stay with the cows. Not worth the paper its wrote up on. Don’t go with Dairy Land. Bad faith.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Save yourself money and headaches, don’t use this insurance company. They are shady and only want your bucks. I purchased a truck in another state other than my residency. The dealer and lender for the truck insisted for me to acquire local NC insurance before taking owner of vehicle even though I already had insurance in place on my other vehicles. I was completely over the whole car buying experience with hassling and hours upon hours of waiting. So, I agreed to obtain a policy with Dairyland Insurance. Huge mistake!!!

They charged me a very high down payment. I figured, no worries. I’ll get most of all of it refunded when I switch back to my regular policy. I held the policy with Dairyland for a week total. They refunded zero dollars after several attempts to contact them to process the cancellation. They mentioned there was a penalty for canceling early. Funny, this was never mentioned when they immediately changed the high down payment. Crooks!!! I felt like I was waiting for DMV with a few failed attempts to make it to the counter even though it was on the phone. Yes, it was that painful and irritating!!! Awful customer service!!! Can’t imagine if I actually had to work with them on a claim. Please spread the word if you had a bad experience with this company also. They have a license to steal your hard earned money and you have no recourse.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I needed to purchase an FR22 policy to reinstate my drivers licence in Florida. I explained to the sales person that I had a vehicle and what I needed. She stated that they did not sell FR22 with auto coverage but a non-owner policy and I would need to purchase the FR22 with them and get regular coverage on my vehicle.

After the purchase I attempted to purchase coverage for my new vehicle to find out from all the other companies I called for quotes that they are not sold separately and is simply coverage providing Bodily injury liability, and property damage liability in high amounts and in fact is not even legal to have two insurance policies with the same coverage.

I immediately called Dairyland to cancel and they said they would need proof of insurance with another provider, which I did. They kept $24.36 of my payment (at this time I have not even received the refund yet.) They could not explain why but I tired of wrestling with the representative and gave up. They either are not knowledgeable about the products they sell or are purposely trying to scam people.

Dairyland auto Company Information