Call toll free*
3.43/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

aka Sentry Insurance

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

150 Dairyland Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 7, 2018

Overall Dairyland is an okay insurance company. I purchase my insurance from the same place I purchase my car and that was very convenient. I like that my insurance company offers roadside assistance. Over time my rates has decreased and they have good customer services. When I need them all I do is call and once I talk with an agent they are very helpful. The policy was kept very simple and made it easy to understand. If I was to buy a new car I wouldn't have a problem adding that car to my policy. However, I would not have the person pay out of pocket for roadside assistance and I wish they would offer a rental when I break down. I do see the purpose of paying insurance then paying a deductible then have to put in a claim to get your money back.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My overall experience with Dairyland Auto is better than other insurance companies. They treat you with great respect and it's clear they care a lot about their customer. They are very reliable and will help you at all costs! While I am very happy to have this insurance, I dislike how long the waiting is. It takes a long time to get what I need. Other than that, everything else is really good!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My experience with Dairyland Auto has always been good and joyful. They are flexible and able to work with you. I can call them on the phone and get an extension if need be. They make switching tags and adding tags easy and hassle free. Prices reasonable as well. Furthermore, they work with you and make things easier on the consumer. They give you a decent amount of time to pay and they are understandable about everyday life struggles. When I was purchasing my auto insurance, I looked up insurances and went through a small town office where they looked up more insurance policies and worked with me until we found one I agreed with which was Dairyland.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Good rate on older cars/antique automobiles. It was easy to pay at the office and online. I had an insurance broker when I was using this company. It was one of the only companies at the time that would insure a young person with an antique car without having to be on a parent's policy. However, it's not a large company. Also, I sometimes worried that it's not being one of the big wigs that I would have to compromise services or have issues when I needed to put in a claim. Other than that I liked Dairyland Auto Insurance.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I've been with Dairyland for years and I love everything about it. It was so easy to get the insurance and the customer service is great. And adding dependents and adding multiple cars didn't take long. They also have many discounts and they have more than just auto insurance to offer. They are great. I would recommend them to everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Auto Insurance?

Original review: June 3, 2018

Dairyland Auto Insurance is probably one of the best out there. It is pretty far away from my home location though. But the price is very affordable. Even though I have liability, if I was to get full coverage, it would have still been affordable. I definitely love my auto insurance company. My overall experience was pretty good, the process was very easy. The employees there are very respectful and knowledgeable.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I like the fact that I obtained my insurance online through CoverHound. Also, the fact that it is affordable and dependable insurance. The process was quick and easy. It took less than 10 minutes. I also like that my insurance can be paid directly from my bank account so I don't have to worry each month about making the payment on time. The only improvement would be easier access to an actual person when I have questions. It's not that you can't talk to somebody because you can. Dairyland isn't different from any other company by doing this but sometimes when I need to talk to a person I don't have time to go through whole process of getting to a person. Even so, the overall experience obtaining my insurance was wonderful. I would recommend both CoverHound and Dairyland to any of my family and friends.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I can honestly say I have no problems with my auto insurance, my agent is fast and I have been with them on and off for many years. The price is low, and it was the lowest cost I could find. The location to make payments is near my home. The only thing I can say is I wish I was not forced to have auto insurance at all as my house struggles with the basics but it's state-required insurance.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I am very satisfied with Dairyland. When purchasing the policy, I was in and out of there quickly as there was more than one agent working at the time. They're a very respectable company who stands behind their name. They're a reliable and friendly company with competitive rates. They have instant approval and with no hidden fees or requirements. They made me feel like family. However, they could have an office in the area I live in. They also need more advertisement. There could have been fresh coffee and or a water cooler for clients. This make it feel more inviting. It's too bad the other insurance company could not give such a great saving like I get from Dairyland insurance. I will be a customer for life with them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I get full coverage with Dairyland and I get accident forgiveness. And if I get into an accident they pay for all damages. Also, I have no problems with making claims and talking to the insurance people at anytime. I love the people. They're very patient and friendly. They are always there to help you whenever you need them. They understand everything and they listen and talk to you. The price of the insurance is pretty high however and it gets hard to pay. It could be a lot cheaper to help out us people who have to pay so much for nothing.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Overall the purchasing process was amazing, I did a quote online and ended up calling them. The representative that I spoke with was very helpful and he made completing the process very simple. I love that they are always just one call or email away, whenever I need them they make every effort to make sure that I am well taken care of. I will never change insurance companies because they are amazing. I am with them until the end.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Dairyland Auto Insurance is beyond nice and convenient. They help me and provide so much for a cheap price. They offer a lot more than what other companies were offering. They also are very easy to make a payment. I can call and make a payment online or I can come in office which is a mile away. They are open when my husband gets off work so he can go in and make a payment for me. Also, once the lady in the office waited 10 minutes for me to come in and make a payment. I'm glad I found this company.

Original review: May 29, 2018

The price is very reasonable for liability. However, I dislike the charges for sending out a monthly bill. They should make it easier to be billed monthly without being charged so much. But other than that, the agent was very easy to work with to get the insurance set up, was very helpful and friendly. If I have any questions they are prompt to answer. I will recommend Dairyland Auto Insurance.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The price versus coverage seems to add up. And the price is what prompted me to switch companies. So far, I'm impressed with Dairyland and I'm sure I will be satisfied with the service when I need to use it. I'm satisfied with my choice.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I'm really satisfied with Dairyland. The whole process of purchasing our policy was really easy. We were able to do it all over the phone. And when I need new insurance cards or binder they mail it to me. It's all really carefree in my part. And I like their rates the most and how easy it is to make a payment over the phone. I also like their customer service and how they always look to see if I'm getting the most coverage for the best rate. Sometimes I have to wait on hold while they pull up my information but that's really not a problem. I would and have recommended them.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Dairyland Auto is great. I like the friendliness and how helpful they are over the phone even before you are a customer. I also love that I am able to get my insurance card thru email. It makes it so easy that it's just right here on my phone. That way I never lose it. Additionally, they were very informative and their representative had no issue explaining things to me without talking down to me. She made sure I fully understood everything and that all my questions were fully answered. A lower deductible would be nice though.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Great experience which have helped in a couple situations. Purchasing the auto insurance policy is not difficult and is done quickly and efficiently. But I wish it would cover a little more and if they offered a rental car when your car is being fixed. Nevertheless, it is affordable and the people I deal with are efficient, polite, patient and understanding like this fantastic man, Norm from Bowling Green Ohio. Also, easy access to the insurance company. I love it. Couldn't ask for better insurance.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Dairyland is cheap, reliable and good insurance company. It's what my company offered for bad credit so that's who I got. I just pay my bill and have my insurance. I'm happy with them and I won't switch from them.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I started an auto policy with Dairyland (despite bad reviews) because they advertised low prices. Come to find out, it was far from the truth. So I switched to Esurance and attempted to cancel my policy with them, but they claim it takes "10 business days" to cancel a policy! Yeah, complete bull. Every time I call in, the uninformed agent always ask, "Did you cancel your policy?"... Ditto! Look at the notes in the account and you will see that!!! It literally takes speaking to a supervisor each time to receive proper information. The agents don't care about the service they provide, nor do the supervisors. An agent "promised" that she'll follow up in 24 hrs and 3 days has gone by. Let this be a lesson, stay away from these shady people!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Dairyland is a great place and it helped me out so much. I don't know what I would have done without them. I didn't have any thought to how to even get started but they helped me when I walked in. They set me up on a plan and it was so easy to add my boyfriend when I needed to and help get something off his driver's record that shouldn't have been there in the first place. She put my info and I paid the down payment and I was good to go. It was awesome.

Original review: May 25, 2018

It was easy to enroll at Dairyland Auto over the phone, they walked me through the entire process, made it easy to make my payments and did most of work for me. They made everything simple and understandable too.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My husband called many places to get a quote and everything was expensive due to both of us being under 25. When we called Dairyland Auto Insurance they gave us the best offer for the same coverage. It protects us and we have full coverage on our family car and part coverage on our work car. We like that they always answer and are friendly people who genuinely help. I like how the business is and how they take care of their customers. But maybe they should add more people to answer phones more promptly. Otherwise a very great experience overall.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I like how well maintained Dairyland Auto Insurance is! Awesome customer service and super friendly! Also fair prices! However, I would like them to improve on their accident forgiveness! I don't like how short of time you have to report and get everything in on time! Also maybe offer some more offers. But I loved how easy it was to sign up! They pretty much did everything super quick! They also didn't make me pay a back balance I had previous so that was pretty nice of them to do!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I recently had an issue with Dairyland Insurance canceling my motorcycle policy so I called my underwriter to see if they could make heads or tails of the situation. They called Dairyland & were told that I had not made a payment since March, a payment had been made through their website on 4/11. My payment was due after the 16th of each month, I scheduled my May payment for the 18th. I had been checking my bank account to see if the payment had gone through, it did not. I then went on Dairyland’s website & it said my policy had been canceled. When I spoke with the underwriter again she told me that my payment is technically not due until the 20th of each month. I have switched to another insurance company which was a whole lot cheaper. As one other complaint that I read mentioned, my monthly premium kept increasing & I had never reported a claim in the 2 years they covered me.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I signed up for Dairyland Auto insurance through Freeway insurance. Went in and was quoted $95 which wasn't be since my car was brand new. Got all my stuff in the mail a few days later with a list of things my policy covered. Price was great being that I was quoted $230 at AAA auto insurance. However, after an accident on Christmas Eve I called to fill out an accident report and get a case number. Lady was really rude and didn't even seem to care. I have a 3 month old in the back and was hit into a middle divider. They have great deals but also got very crappy service when dealing with filing an incident report. No one should have to go through being ignored or getting an attitude from someone after getting in a car accident.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I saved a lot of money when I changed to Dairyland and I was able to make payments at 6 months at a time so I didn't have to think about that bill. Very affordable, prices are always the lowest I've ever seen in California and the customer service is always very helpful as well. You can always get ahold of someone via telephone. I was very satisfied. But not enough close locations, closest location was over 40 miles away. Also lowest coverage really only cover the other driver so if you get in a crash your car is basically gone.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I like the very reasonable prices Dairyland Auto Insurance have to work with. I like how they are very prompt and getting back to you when you have questions or concerns!!! I wish I would be able to pick my due date but they do work with you. I'm a very satisfied customer. Our family uses this insurance my husband and myself included!!! If you are going to pick an insurance company to go with it should be Dairyland. They are awesome.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Dairyland is the number one insurance that I would recommend highly for anybody. They were better than any other car insurance in Bakersfield Valley. It was my first car and they were able to give me Insurance. Went without it before I had a license and as soon as I got a license they were able to switch me over. They gave me the best secured I can ask for. Thank you so much. Appreciate that and I would not have it any other way.

I love my insurance because it is way cheap the customer service is the best!! Everything is great about it and they're willing to work with everything. They do everything to get your insurance to work with you and they're always on call. And every time I pay my bill it's within 5 minutes. They have automated system that I can pay my bill online instead of going in.

Original review: May 21, 2018

When I was telling my friend that I had State Farm and I was paying 200 a month, my friend then said I should change insurance company and ever since I have had Dairyland. The company offers really good prices compared to other company. Even with tickets I still pay a really cheap price for insurance which is good because as a mom to 3 I can't afford expensive insurance. Other company go up with every little defect of your driving record which is crazy if you ask me. The company meets my standards for insurance and I haven't crashed so I haven't tested it in that department yet but so far from the service it's offered me I am a happy customer.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Very good, fast and friendly service. And work with people. Purchase only took about forty five min with a low start up cost and very convenient location in a small city in Carlinville IL. However Dairyland does not seemed to be offered everywhere. Only in rural locations which sucks cause I really like them. I wish they had them in big cities. When there is not one around I go through Traders Insurance which is the second best. Their rates are a little higher but not much given my rough past of not always being able to afford insurance like I am supposed to. However my rates are a little higher than an average 32 year old woman should pay. However Dairyland never did anything wrong and if I was gonna be a couple days late I got a 5 day grace period with no punishment or late fees and that was great.

Dairyland Auto Insurance Company Information