Dairyland Insurance

aka Sentry Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I moved to California and had an auto insurance policy through Viking insurance with Dairyland. When I canceled the policy as a result of buying a new car I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the representative who stated that the policy was canceled TWO months ago. I have just found out I've been billed for the policy for the past two months and cannot get the money back even though the policy was canceled because they want proof that I gave my former car away. This, despite me having emailed the employee two months ago with the cancel policy notification. I did not retain proof as I mailed the title in to the DMV. I was informed that there is nothing they can do and that now I'm assured my policy is canceled. Do not use Dairyland auto or Viking insurance company of Wisconsin. Yet another crap large corporation taking you for all you they can.

I was rear ended by a Dairyland insured. The driver was cited. Though his vehicle was totaled, my vehicle sustained minimal damages. Though my car absorbed the impact well, my body did not. I exited the incident with severe whiplash. It took 5 days for the claim agent to contact me. They sent me an "app" to take pictures. From cell phone pictures they decided on an estimate which was $800 lower than both local estimates I received from an in person observer. The insurance company stated that was all they were offering and if I did my homework I could probably find a good body shop to do the work for what they were offering. They also told me due to my minimal damages there was no possible way I could have been injured as badly as I was claiming so I should take their $650 injury settlement since that's all I was entitled to for a low impact collision.

Keep in mind... guy who hit me... totaled vehicle. I wonder if his impact was low? I was told in every contact that if I wasn't happy I could file a claim to my own insurance... that's what it's there for. Ultimately they are going to bully me into filing a claim against my own insurance, so I can get my vehicle repaired and some medical care. And I will suffer the premium hike. Why are people allowed to hold insurance that refuses to cover damages? I am at a loss.

We switched from Progressive when our agent convinced us to. We told them, through e-mail that we had 2 leased vehicles and needed full coverage on both of them. We even sent our old declarations pages from Progressive showing the coverage we needed. They gave us a price of $600 per month on 2 new vehicles. My husband hit a deer about a month ago. We called to make a claim. They told us we only had full coverage on the other vehicle, liability on the vehicle in question. Both vehicles were 2013 and were required to have maximum coverage.

We sent them all emails and proof of the coverage requested and paid for. They denied our claim. We switched to Allstate with definite full coverage on both vehicles for $378 per month. This company is a scam artist, out to get you. NEVER pay the claims that they owe. They will tell you that you are 20% or 50% at fault (for waking up that morning and driving your vehicle). Do not use this company for ANY insurance, and get ready if someone happens to hit you and this is what they have.

I put in a claim with them several months ago when my car was hit by another person and I am beyond disappointed with how it was handled. I gave information to them and expected them to do their job, but instead I ended up doing majority of the work and being dismissed rudely the times that I was able to contact my claims specialist. After being told that "we don't need your information" I decided to wait on her. She never called me to inform me on where the process was at, the fact that I could have been able to get my car fixed with the coverage that I'm paying for, nothing. I finally called today as it's been almost 4 months and all she had to say was "oh I closed that like a month ago".

So you can send letters out to let individuals know that the case is still open (which I received about two weeks after my case opened), but 3 more months into it and you can't even make a simple call or letter to inform me its not even open anymore. Here I was sitting around waiting to hear what they will be able to do with my coverage when the case was closed. Afterwards I asked to speak to the claim specialist manager, who answered but all he had to say was "she probably just came off to you in the wrong way" and dismissed the entire issue. So rude. I truly can't wait for this policy to end so that I am able to switch over to an insurance that is actually willing to do the work that I am paying to be done.

I've had Dairyland insurance company for 2 years. Have paid for roadside assistance for two years. My vehicle broke down today 08/26/2016. I called for roadside assistance. They informed me though I paid my premiums I had to pay for the towing. Submit a bill for payment. I informed the lady if I paid them for two years for roadside assistance, then they need to pay when services are rendered. No comment then transferred to someone ruder than her who also said pretty much my problem. Considering my rate was raised 3 times within 9 months. No accidents, no tickets, no nothing, no notifications of rate increase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Insurance?

I had one of their insured cause damage to two vehicles on my property. It took them over a week get a hold of the insured (even though I gave them all his contact info to where he worked and cell number). Then they told me the check was coming... That was mailed out 8-8-16. Here it is 8-22-16 and still nothing. Their customer service is very poor and this is why attorneys get paid the big bucks to deal with crappy insurance companies that hold out as long as they can to pay!! Low life company!!

A Dairyland Insured trespassed on our property while purchasing a boat from a neighbor. He hit our well head while trying to hook up. He chose to not use the entire field belonging to the neighbor. The company initially chose to not cover the accident citing the late payment of the insured, but the policy was not canceled. They agreed to repair and now are not paying the reimbursements for expenses. I purposely kept expenses lower to help out. I should have made them pay for my motel room, boarding for animals, landscaper for newly planted plants or a water truck (which they refused).

The initial person told me I didn't need special water for an animal recovering from surgery because she could replace our much loved pet with one of her several barn cats. Don't buy this insurance because the people you damage, will sue you! People involved in my situation employed by Dairyland are Shelly **, Ford **, Randy **, as well as several others. The insured continues to harass us because he feels the well damage was over exaggerated. People can't live without water and lower quality water makes my property worthless. Dairyland is dishonest, deceitful and disgusting! Don't use them!

I had Dairyland for many, many years. Then I was offered a better deal though another company. So I cancelled my policy with them. I waited for a red-bait since I was only two months into my policy. But nothing came. So I called them and because fees I was getting nothing back. Well to me this is stealing my money. Why should they keep my money when they are not giving the service. Well we will see what banking and insurance has to say.

I had SR-22 auto insurance with them for $139 a month. At the end of 6 months they told me that they would be increasing my premium to $179 per month. I have no tickets, no violations in the past 5 years. They said because of my credit rating and because I did not have a bank account (which I do) this is the reason they came up with the new premium. I had just paid the premium $139 for the month of June the last month of the six month premium.

So I cancelled the policy, paid up and looked for a refund. I heard nothing from them so I called them and they told me I had to email them a cancellation email with my name, my number policy, number, my birthday, all of the all of the above and I did well. I heard nothing from them for another 4 days so I called and they said that they did cancel the policy and that they did hold back my money but I would only be receiving $80.10 of 139 because of fees and this and that. I still don't know what she was talking about. They even kept the 80.10 for an additional month. This company is totally dishonest, greedy and shiesty. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Myself and my Husband was hit by a drunk driver on May 24, 2015 about 1130 am, coming home from church who is insured by this company. In the midst of it all the driver also hit a parked vehicle that belongs to Las Vegas paving company. I have been given the run around from Megan who was dealing with my claim, she wouldn't return phone calls. Then called, left messages for Justin the Supervisor and he wouldn't return calls.

Now that Megan isn't employed there, now a new person by the McD's of Jan ** is handling it. I was told twice "I would call you back" and hasn't. I reached out to Justin and Jan today. I am always told they are waiting on Las Vegas Paving for the invoice and that I have to wait for them to get paid first. I contacted Kim from Las Vegas paving and she said they never sent three times to different adjusters but I am told every time they haven't received the invoice. Tired of the run around. Just pay for my vehicle, I didn't caused the accident. We were hit by a drunk driver who is insured by Dairyland Insurance.

Called to purchase an SR-22 and was told by the company I did not need one, I assured them I did and was told I did not. I was given regular liability with no SR-22 therefore once the policy ran out with my other company I would not be covered anymore therefore my suspension would take effect. I was pulled over for a stupid license plate light and was told I had no bond so my license was suspended.

I contacted Dairyland Auto the very same ones that told me I did not need the bond and told them I needed the bond, now they were all too happy to give it to me - no problems. This does not change the fact now that I wasted almost $90.00 on nothing and they are not even willing to make it right THEIR mistake not mine. Yet I had to pay a fine out of my own pocket which if they would have given me what I requested in the first place it would not have cost me an additional $100+ out of my pocket. Oh I never requested it in the first place according to them but it was the first thing that was mentioned. OH well I get screwed again when I am trying to do right... THANKS DAIRYLAND!!!

One of Dairyland's insured opened his car door into my van without checking traffic. The insured's statement to the Police, Dairyland, and my insurance company was that he never opened his door. The crash scene pictures and the official crash report prove otherwise. Dairyland ignored the facts of the case despite overwhelming physical evidence and changed the story of the insured in order to deny the claim. This was after they took more than 21 days to make the determination. Our van was not safe to drive and we were forced to open a claim with our insurance company and will likely face arbitration to recover our costs.

Unfair settlement practice: Fails settle a case when it's the reasonable thing to do. Ignores facts in its own files that it should pay a claim. Acts in a dishonest or oppressive manner. Facts of the claim: The insured's statement to the Columbus Police Department, Dairyland, and Cincinnati Insurance is that he never opened his door. The insured's car was not properly parked along the curb as shown in the accident scene photos. The insured's car door was open at the time of the collision. The collision damaged the passenger front quarter panel, passenger side door handle, and passenger side panel. The official crash report indicates that Casey **'s "Contributing Circumstance" was "21 - OTHER IMPROPER ACTION" and that the crash reports notes other vehicle's "Contributing Circumstance" as "01 - None".

This company is horrible. One of their insured was driving in the dark without headlights. The driver t-boned our car totaling the vehicle. After we filed the claim they told us that they would only pay 50% cost of the because the driver didn't take evasive action to avoid the collision. How do we take evasive action if we don't see the vehicle? We then called our insurance and had them deal with each other. This company is a waste of time and dishonest.

I am writing this to say do not go through Viking Insurance, ClearLink Insurance Agency, Dairyland Auto. I signed up for a policy on 3-17 of 16. Cancelled it 10 days later. Paid almost $300 to $289 to start the policy. Found a better rate within 10 days. Switched insurance policies. Cancelled the one with Dairyland then they proceeded to notify me that they were keeping all of my money because of the services they offered. I asked them "What did you do? I didn't even get an insurance card in the mail?"

They are a rip-off. They couldn't even explain to me why they kept my money. So for 10 days worth of insurance they charged me almost $300 and according to them have no record of nothing but 125 of it which is not even what my insurance rate was. They were charging me $157 a month for an SR-22 bond. They are a ripoff. Their customer service sucks and they are rude. If I had the money I would take them to court and sue them for entrapment because they lied about everything from the beginning.

They do not want to help or make anything easy. They say it's cheap but I pay 120+ for premium which gives me no health coverage or anything but liability. People pay less for full coverage. Do not sign with Dairyland. I will be switching as soon as my policy ends!!!

Approximately about 3 months ago my friend Vernon ** insured by Dairyland or he paid for the coverage anyway however he was involved in an automobile accident in Georgia. He also was misled and lied to by Dairyland to the point to having his car repossessed by Ford Motor Company. He also has a pacemaker and a heart defibulator built into his chest. He has had 6 heart attacks. He is in very bad condition and he has been since. And before the accident one would think that Dairyland was trying to hope or create that he has another heart attack that is final so they do not have to deal with him. I realize this is drawing close to the end but since he had a lot of health issues he has been unable to do a simple task as meaning of the full as getting his medication because he has not had a car.

Dairyland insurance adjuster took 60 days to show up at the man's front door. They did an appraisal after he, Vernon had already had three done the range in cost to repair his car which was a forward energy with a big engine in it. Fancy huh and they appraise the damage at I believe $2,900, maybe less but that was after the deductible. His quotes that he had got from Ford and from another reputable dealer in Bryson City North Carolina were any upper $8,000 to $9,000 range. All that Dairyland did was blow him off, mislead him to the point to criminal activities that they did to this poor man and then I or just said that they could never get in touch with him even though he let them know that he would be at home. He could not drive. He was a very sick person however this does not interest them into helping an individual only to further alienate themselves from Mr. ** and his burdens.

Mr. ** lives at ** about 5 miles. Mr. ** was able to get a free phone a few days ago in order to make contact with the world at this time. My number is area code **. My name is **. I have also tried to talk to Dairyland on his behalf so that you would not be so upset and that's all they care to do with him is make him upset and mad as possible. Call Mr. ** really wants is that his car replaced originally but since they have basically left them and die and laughed at him when he told them that his car had been repossessed by Ford Motor Credit then they informed him that even though almost over 60 days have gone by but it was no longer their problem and pretty much told him to have a nice day, "Don't call us back because we will not help you."

Out to some attorney because that's pretty quick to help this man out as he has. I'm sure a very, very good case and as such negligence on a so called insurance company’s behalf that I hope they all go to jail. Please call me and I will give you Mr. ** phone number as he is sensitive to stress for phone calls at the moment. Thank you so much. Once again my name is Brian **. I'm always available. Thank you for your concern.

I found another company for half the price. I paid in full on Dec. 4 and canceled on Jan. 29. I was informed I would receive 120.00 of my 340.00. Now I can't pay my new policy. How is it possible to be a good customer after four years and be robbed by a crooked corporation with millions at its disposal? Heard I'm not the only one treated this way. I have nothing better to do so I will be calling everyday for a chat!

Warning to everyone about Auto Insurance and EFT. Please pass on. I had Dairyland for over 2 years and paid by EFT, started out at 62 for 2 vehicles' liability. In 6/5 went to 65 a month. In 10/5 went to 71. In 12/5 went to 119 a month. In 01/4 changed insurance company paying under 60 a month. Called in to cancel EFT that same day the Electronic Funds Transfer went thru. Called them to complain, they said they would send me a refund. Got my refund but instead of 119 they sent me a check for 41 bucks. Said if I read the policy, they were allowed to keep the 78 dollars. They ripped me off and said they were allowed to do it. Do not use EFT to pay for stuff. Do not trust Dairyland. I don't know whether all companies are like that, just watch out. Please pass on to everyone you know.

I paid over 800 dollars to begin a six month policy. I shopped the price with another insurance company and found one 150 dollars a month cheaper with same coverage. I canceled the policy with Dairyland Auto after less than a month. They told me to fax a cancellation letter. When I called them a month later to see when they would refund my unused portion of the down payment they told me they could not cancel in the first sixty days in Florida. I just called again and they told me it was not duplicate coverage and they could not cancel. I don't understand this at all and am going to call the state insurance commission. The customer service guy was very short and would not explain their decision. I feel like I was scammed. I would tell all my friends to stay away from these guys.

On November 11, 2015, as I was leaving my daughter's father's house, I was making a left turn as usual to the far right lane, then suddenly we were rear ended turned to collision. My daughter started to cry. I was horrified as hell for her. I thought it was a hit and run at first. Phoned the police then suddenly, a Cambodian woman comes up to me, she said it didn't bother me to exchange information or nothing. This ** just split the officer was taken down the information of the low life scumbag who killed my late Honda accord, wasn't even present. It gets more beyond maddening and sicking a hell. I went in good faith reporting the auto insurance my damages. I can't remember if I was being recorded or what. I was still quite shooking up and traumatized.

I explained to the slimeball rep who was supposedly assist me, then he said he was gonna to send an inspector to photograph the totaled car. Mr. Hernan ** was his name I believe. My attorney, Andrew **, took a photo as well of my dead totaled car. And my attorney said that whatever I told this rep of the 3rd world auto insurance company, these slimeball **, they're going by what I said instead of the evidence of my damaged car. I really went off the rails when he told me that it's like they had the damned gall to question my rational under severe emotional distress.

It just gets worse. They're saying this rear end collision from where I was hit from behind is my ** fault, claiming that I made a sorry ** unsafe merge onto roadway. I failed to maintain proper lookout and failed to take evasive action. Seriously? It goes to show you what sleazy slimeballs these SOBs are. Their parent company, Viking Insurance Company of Wisconsin, Dairyland Auto, utilized 3rd world tactics. They go by what you say on some punk ass statement on recording instead of using evidence to prove that you were unjustly banged up by some low life driving driver. Please folks, I don't want no one to go through what I did. You folks who've complained about them, let's stand together and put these 3rd world slimy insurance claim adjusters out of a ** job.

If you do business with this company you have to know their "company policies" regardless if they are provided to you or not. My daughter paid over 200.00 for one month of insurance and tried to cancel a few months in because she found better insurance cheaper. Now they will not refund a dime of her money and she only had insurance for 2 weeks out of 4. They are thieves and I wish she would have never done business with them.

My car was hit by a man that has Dairyland insurance. He wrote on a piece of paper that he was sorry and that he was at fault. I contacted Dairyland and told me to get an estimate. I did... The body shop send them the papers. The first excuse was that Dairyland send the check to an empty lot... so try again. The 2nd time they had to send a new check. The 3rd time this lady says that they send it but in the week of Thanksgiving so it will take a while. This lady probably lies to her own family... so nothing. So I have no choice but to sue them. It tells you why Dairyland has a 95% NEGATIVE feedback on the internet by thousands of victims that can't get their money to fix their vehicle... This a ZERO star so I will leave blank.

I'm a delivery driver, meaning I require a car every day. One of their clients ran a light and hit me, flipping my 2014 chevrolet volt (book value of $25,000) and totaling it. I've been dealing with this stupid company for a month and a half now and the highest they're willing to pay for the car and my medical bills is only $5,000. They keep telling me that's the value of my car and wont budge on that. They didn't give me a rental car either, so I'm out a month and a half's worth of work while I try to find a car to scrape by with. Looks like I'll be heading to court.

They had very low rates and were lenient on late payments, with little to no late fees. Every 6th month was free. As well as, they were very helpful with the DMV. They informed me of state laws with registration and tags. There was always a person available to talk to as well. They were located in a convenient location to my job as well as my residence. I was given a reminder a couple days ahead of time before my payment was due. They knew me on a first-name basis, were very friendly, and gave me many different options with different plans. My mailing address was always updated. Would send necessary documents to the right people within a timely fashion.

Helpful reminders about paying insurance so it doesn’t expire, great rates. I haven’t had to file a claim so I don’t know how fast or competent they are. But they offer everything I need. The whole family uses them.

I caused an accident. I fully admit I messed up. I feel miserable, etc. Unfortunately, I have Dairyland Insurance. They didn't give me my coverage on myself. I cannot get my vehicle or repair it. I will be switching coverage immediately. They have screwed me over so bad.

I was reared end by their policyholder. I have a one car taxi business. They are trying to screw me over in every way. If I settle, I'll be out of business. I haven't been able to work for over 2 weeks. My savings is almost gone. Heartless people.

I was rear-ended at a stoplight by a guy going full speed on 7/18/15. Totaled my truck. He was contrite and gave me his info. He's insured by Dairyland. Now I almost wish he hadn't stopped at all. I was told to call the adjuster on the following Monday. I did and he said the appraiser would contact me within 24-48 hours to inspect my truck. 48 hours passed with no call so I called the adjuster back. He said I should just call the appraiser and gave me his number. I called him and he said he couldn't come out until the end of the week but as soon as he did he'd have everything uploaded and ready to go.

The weekend passed with no word or email. I got a message from him on Monday saying the truck was a total loss. Said to call him back to get details. I called back and got a full mailbox so I couldn't leave a message. Then called again and left a message. No word on Tuesday so I called the adjuster and repeated what he'd told me. The adjuster said I'd have to talk to the appraiser to get the offer number. I asked about a rental and he said under state law they didn't have to pay for a rental because the truck was totaled. Another day with no word and I called the appraiser again and he magically picked up. He said the car was a total. I said "Right you said that on the message. What's the offer?" He said, "Oh, I have to load this all into the software to get a number and then I'll send that to the adjuster and he'll give you the offer."

That's where we are today. A week and a half has passed since I was involved in an accident where my only fault was being stopped at a stoplight and this company gives me the runaround. I'm not optimistic about where it goes from here. My advice is a) never buy this company's insurance and b) if the person who hits you has Sentry/Dairyland you're better off working out another settlement

Good advice - do not spend your money with this company unless you want to overpay believing you are fully covered only to find out the hard way!! Overpaid and under insured, I had an accident that was not my fault. They did absolutely nothing to help me. Full coverage does not mean what you think. I was left with all my own bills and no one to turn to for help! To top matters off they report things incorrectly to the mvr thus ruining your credit! I wouldn't give them one star if I didn't have to choose one!!!!

I was involved in a 4 car accident where I was rear-ended by two other vehicles with mine being the 2nd car in the accident. So far I have been in touch with Dairyland Insurance which insures the last car in the accident. To this point the insurance company claim adjuster was not even sure why they were the ones contacting me. If I could rate no stars or negative I would as I have never seen such incompetence anywhere. After receiving one call from the company which I was unable to answer at the time and returning calls twice to the adjuster with no callbacks I was finally able to get in touch with another employee on the "team" who assured me that I would get a return call on Monday. Monday arrived and went... NO CALL. It wasn't until Tuesday that I get a call basically saying they want to write off my car however they are unsure of what I will be offered for the vehicle.

To that point I had to contact the insurance adjuster to come look at the car all the while I get no offer from Dairyland for a rental. When the adjuster came to look at the car he couldn't even figure out how to open the trunk which had no problem opening after the accident and I arrive home after work to find the headlights of my vehicle hanging from their connectors which is not how they were left after the accident. Other than the cosmetic damage to my car it runs and cranks over just fine but I have to hear that he tried to use a crowbar to open the hood which had been jammed shut after the accident. Unprofessionalism abounds in this regard with no callbacks from the company and it is like pulling teeth just to hear anything back.

A week has gone by with no end in sight with the last thing from the adjuster stating that they have to wait to see pictures from the car they insure... 3-4 weeks into the claims process. I was hoping for some resolution but after reading the horrible reviews for this company you would be better off with no insurance let alone Dairyland. There seems to be no end in sight since they can't even reimburse their own clients let alone the people they hit. By all means if you find out they have Dairyland Insurance and you are in an accident hire a lawyer immediately or you will just end up infuriated with a car that is worthless.

Dairyland Insurance Company Profile