Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.16/5

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

By working with brokers and online services, Dairyland and its subsidiaries offer customer lower prices and coverage than other insurance companies can. Happy customers appreciate the company’s excellent customer service and competitive prices.

PROS

• Offers online policy sign up
  • Policies available for those with poor credit or driving history
  • Low rates due to owning multiple companies
  • No prior insurance required to get approved
  • Offers coverage for old, antique, extra-large and unique vehicles
  • Accepts foreign drivers licenses

CONS

• Physical locations limited and far away from many customers
  • Some customers experienced long wait times for reimbursement

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

218 Dairyland auto Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

They accepted me, took my money and decided to cancel my policy. They didn’t even have the decency give my down payment back. If they was going to cancel me a month later they should of never accepted me in the first place. Don’t go to them or believe what they talking about. They will charge you high down payment. Take your money and leave you to find someone else just to pay more money. They should of never accepted Me in the first place. Going to say they didn’t know it was that bad but read me everything on my record while giving me a quote their for they knew what they would getting into. They just wanted to take my money.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was involved in an accident with someone insured by them. Tried to file a claim against their client for damages. It took 5 days, multiple calls/messages and finally a call to the supervisor to get any response. Their "recording equipment" was not working so they couldn't take an official statement but had me go through it anyway, saying that they would call me back and get an recorded statement later and that they would let me know their determination at that time. They never did either, so I had to file with my insurance co. and they will go to arbitration. Everybody loses in this scenario. Horrible company, should be investigated by the insurance watchdogs.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 25, 2019

Charged me double for one month and can't explain to me why and still tell me I owe for the next month. They are stealing money from people. Terrible customer service. Do not use this company. I want my money back. This is unacceptable.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Policy **. Set up a new policy. They offer a good low rate. Gave a discount when I 1st sign up. After 6 months they increase my bill 150.82. No accidents, no tickets, no incidents. Had to talk to 3 people. They hung up on me. Had to call back, when ask why they told me that they change my policy and rate. Got no email, call or letter in the mail. I was given only one option which is to pay the extra fee plus 6 months in advance then they will call me back in a few days to tell me if they can or can't lower my bill back to what it was when I first signed up with them. So they want all my money now then wait for their answer at a later time and wanted to record me saying yes I authorize this huge lump payment which means I can dispute later so they canceled my policy the same day I called. Now looking for a new policy last minute.

Original review: July 4, 2019

For the record, I do not have a policy with Dairyland. This is my experience of being hit by one of their insured drivers. After my parked car was hit, we started the painful claims process. They gave me a representative who was on vacation the entire first week of this ordeal, making it extremely difficult to contact anybody who had any clue what was going on, and made it even more difficult for the collision shop when the estimate wasn't even right in the first place. The estimate was based on pictures that I took of the car, not an actual qualified professional who could have made a proper estimate right then and there. Different parts needed to be ordered, estimate needs redone, creates delays. Lack of communication between Dairyland and collision shop creates even more delays.

Even though NONE of these delays are my fault, today I get a call that they aren't paying for my rental anymore, giving me approximately 3 hours on a Wednesday to figure out how to handle the situation. Now, the financial responsibility for the rental is on me until my car is out of the shop. My PARKED car was hit, and now I am out of pocket because nobody has their act together! The way they have been constantly harassing me, calling several times a day while I'm at work because they can't reach the collision shop and putting the pressure on me to contact the rental car place or the collision shop. That's your job, not mine! This entire process sucks, it would have been easier if this was a hit and run because my insurance GEICO would have had this handled professionally AND they would have been courteous and HELPFUL through the process. If you were thinking of getting this insurance, don't do it. Garbage company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland auto?

Original review: July 2, 2019

So I was very skeptical about how my experience with Dairyland was going to be but everything carried out better than my worries. I was rear-ended by someone, at a red light, who carried Dairyland insurance. We called the police, he admitted fault and the report was issued. I called Dairyland that day, made a claim and spent about 30 minutes on the phone. Next day, the adjuster calls me and I don't answer because I was at work but I called back during lunch and he still didn't answer. After reading reviews I was afraid he was going to ignore my calls and my car would never get fixed. I called a second time and no answer. I called a third time and he finally answers, has me download an app to upload the pictures of where my car was hit and submit them. I do all this on Monday. He said I will be called by someone to give me the initial estimate. Next day, I do not receive a call.

I call my adjuster to check up on the status of my claim. I called three times and no answer. I called the next day and he answered on my third phone call. He said they deemed my car a total loss on Tuesday, which I had no knowledge of. He said I would receive a call the next day too from Michael to follow up and explain the next steps. The next day came by and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Michael to explain to me how much I will receive and what is going to be done with my car. I then called Monday after they picked up my car, and my adjuster Doug happily provided me with a car rental reservation for the week until I find a car. This took one week! I am very happy of the outcome. I do think that my adjuster needs to be more aware of his phone though. All this happened in one week!

Original review: June 26, 2019

We had insurance with this company for a while. We started to get messed up bills from them then we overpaid them and tried to get the overpayment back and they kept giving us the runaround and lots of excuses so we gave them the benefit of doubt and told them to just go ahead and put it on the next billing. Well we decided to go with another company and they were so rude then I was told that we can not get a refund for the overpayment. I really think this company needs to be investigated. They are not good to do business with.

Original review: June 3, 2019

My wife was struck by one of their clients. I called and completed a lengthy interview. When it was my turn to ask a simple question “does your client have insurance?” the games began. First it was two days to two weeks for their “insurance investigation” which quickly turned a number of days later to “2 months” to complete. Dealt with their Stevens Point, WI location and spoke with Kara. Could not have been less helpful or dismissive. These folks should be investigated for trying to avoid their responsibility to accident victims. Now it’s time to hire a lawyer, something I really don’t like doing but they offer you no options.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I approached the organization as we were victims in an accident with one of their clients. The lack of communication was so unprofessional it shocked me. Until I spoke with Jessica **'s manager, there were no return calls. Any existing communications was so unpleasant it was disturbing. No matter what the organization's position is regarding a claim, it should consider that we are all not only potential clients but are individuals who for the most part have experienced a negative situation, regardless of the magnitude of the accident. So, empathy should be prominent. At minimum, professionalism which I can assure you was lacking. At this point, my insurance company is dealing with them.

Original review: April 22, 2019

First thing I would like to say if I can give it less than one star I totally would. Got myself into a car accident 3 weeks ago. It was not my fault. It was the other car ran a red light. I called my insurance immediately. They wrote down the report. They still have not called me back. It has been 3 weeks. My husband I have reached out to them at least a dozen of time. We left messages. Nobody has called us back. Unprofessional and rude. We are changing our car insurance tomorrow. I have never experienced nothing like this ever in car insurance. Please do not get this car insurance. They're horrible. I think it's a scam.

Dairyland auto Company Information