Find the Best Match

3.49/5
Based on 113 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

aka Sentry Insurance

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Dairyland Insurance sells auto and motorcycle insurance, and they have SR-22 policies. Dairyland is a verified InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch today and get your custom quote for a Dairyland policy. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Find the Best Match

Compare Quotes and Save on Auto Insurance

FIND MY MATCH

183 Dairyland Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This POS company won't reimburse me for claim they agreed to cover. Offered 4k when bill was 9k. I'm out 9k and am filing suit, filing complaints with TX board of insurance. They are cheap because they screw customers and are not a good faith company. Use anybody else.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

One of Dairyland's Insured just rear ended my Mercedes brand new. They threaten me if I don't sign that I will accept aftermarket parts. They won't pay my rental or process my claim. Told me to go ahead and get an attorney or go through my own insurance. I was sitting at a red light and their insured was on her phone and nailed me in the rear end. Clearly her fault. And they want me to accept repairing my NEW vehicle with faulty parts. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. WORST INSURANCE COMPANY EVER. BEWARE THEY ARE FRAUDS! They will try and cheat you!! I will be filing a complaint with the Ohio Dept of Insurance.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2018

May 2 2018 I had purchased a policy and had to cancel two days later due to wrong information. We needed car insurance with me as an excluded driver because my license is suspended and the car is in my name. The affiliating company I talked to first said we needed a nonowner policy due to our circumstances because they don't do it. That's where DAIRYLAND came in. So, the representative told me the car would be insured. It's just my boyfriend's policy. Great. Cheap payment. Car insured. Fantastic, right? WRONG AS WRONG CAN GET!!!

The car wasn't even insured??? Paid 81.17 on May 2 and canceled May 4 because of this. I called and they told me I had to put it in writing that I wanted it cancelled and I'd get a full refund. I GOT A PARTIAL REFUND BECAUSE THE REST WAS TAKEN FOR A CANCELLATION FEE. Call again, not getting full refund. Have to pay the cancellation fee. FML ok fine. Prior to cancelling the policy I had scheduled a payment to come out on June because I thought this was going to work.

THE POLICY CANCELLED AND THEY STILL TRIED TO PULL THE MONEY AFTER THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULDN'T. Got a bill saying I owed them money for a NSF FEE. Called today, first chick tried saying it was a cancellation fee and I had to pay it when though they already kept 49 from the initial payment as cancellation. Spoke to a supervisor who cleared the account in two minutes. Thankful for the supervisor but no one else. ** this company. I'd give no stars but there's no option for that.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I started a new policy on July 6, 2018 with a local agent here in Pensacola. The lady that helped with my policy was very very nice and knowledgeable and was able to get me lower rates than what she has quoted me at first! She sent my ID cards through email so I could get my vehicle legal and everything went smooth. I then had to contact Dairyland insurance customer service and they was not helpful whatsoever!! They also told me I didn’t have a policy! The lady hung up on me when I started questioning where my money had went and asked her how I got ID cards if I didn’t have a policy! I hope to never have to deal with customer service again and will definitely be going through my local agent if I need anything!!!

Original review: July 10, 2018

No exaggeration within the subject title (Worst insurance company I have ever used!!!). I mean that with every fiber in my being. Check out their Google reviews, it's not filled with people that have a connection to the inside of the company like on this site. They screwed me out of 58 bucks when I sold my car and cancelled the policy. If it was more money I would have wrote the BBB on these cheapskates. These guys' customer service sucks, it takes half Hr to get someone on the phone, and once it took like 2 days of me calling to get a person on the phone. You use these guy, I guarantee you won't be a happy camper. Thank God I never got into a wreck and need to make a claim. That would have been hell. 2 thumbs and 2 big toes way way down. Find another company, don't give them your money!!!! You would be better burning it!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was hit in a parking lot by a person that was insured by Dairyland Ins. I put in a claim with them for damages to my auto. I must say, I was treated with the utmost respect and compassion by the claim representative, Tasha **. Ms ** instructed me on what to do and how to do it. She always responded to my calls, she conversed with the auto body shop that I was using and also the car rental. Everything went extremely smooth, no complications, no waiting, the claim was paid to my satisfaction. It was a pleasure dealing with this company and I would give them 5 stars for what they do and how they do it! Thank you Tasha ** and Dairyland Ins!!!

Original review: June 30, 2018

These people missed their calling in life, they should have been politicians. The next time one of their employees tells the truth will be the first!!! If you get hit by one of their drivers like I did don't bother speaking to them, just immediately hire the biggest scumbag ambulance chasing attorney and you'll be in better company.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The purchasing process was easy enough. I found through a website my previous company recommended. Dairyland Auto Insurance gave discounts through my work. Seemed like a good company to work with, and did not find too many bad reviews online. Rates started off great, then when it came time for renewal, I was turned off from their company and decided to go with a better one. Policy renewal fees were horrible. Rates for the next year ended up being higher than their competitors'. Getting to a live person took quite a while. And when I tried to find out why rates were worse or to find out if they price matched competitors it felt like they were getting annoyed with me which made me worry about having to file a claim if I were ever in an accident.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I disliked the entire policy that I had and I didn't care for the company at all. They charged me an arm and a leg for my insurance policy, I had to pay $425 a month and it was horrible. I had no choice but to go through them because my aunt was the one who got me the policy and she said that Dairyland is a really good insurance to have. But I couldn't ever get sold of anyone anytime I called. My overall experience of trying to get insurance through them was completely and totally horrible. I ended up selling my car 2 months later because I just couldn't afford to pay 425 a month.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The insurance was reasonably priced and the down payment was inexpensive. Also had an SR-22 additionally along with towing and theft protection. I had this insurance through this company for a short period of time. And I would have liked to have gotten more information about the company when I received my insurance card as well as get discounts for safe driving. It was easily purchased through a company that finds best insurance provider based on driving record for lowest cost. However, eventually I switched to another provider due to increase of coverage and pricing.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Dairyland was one of only 2 companies we found that were willing to cover ALL of our vehicles, including a one ton dually, which is not a commercial vehicle, and out of those two companies, they were not only much less expensive, but actually willing to offer coverage even though we had just had a short lapse in coverage due to a bill not getting paid. So, in the end, Dairyland was the only company we were able to find, after both going through brokers and doing research on our own, that was willing to give us any kind of coverage. The lower price was just a wonderful perk.

I usually insist on top of the line insurance. I have been hit several times and suffer permanent injuries because of these accidents that were not my fault so I know, better than most, that the insurance company's reputation of responsiveness and willingness to understand each customers' needs are more important than virtually any other aspect. At this time, I know virtually nothing about Dairyland and how they do business. They seem to have a decent reputation, but I'd really like to know more about the company before I have to find out while working with them after an accident.

I didn’t purchase the insurance myself, which is extremely unusual because my husband usually gets frustrated with the process and/or runs out of time to finish and/or just feels so overwhelmed by the whole thing that he turns it over to me. I can’t tell you how surprised I was to leave, come back just a short time later and find out that my husband had not only found a company that met our needs, after several weeks of searching, but had also completed the purchase, paid for 6 months of premiums, and even had the auto insurance cards printed out and in hand, ready to go into the vehicles before I got home.

It was the first time in over 21 years that he has ever finished choosing and purchasing an auto insurance policy, but he also said that they were easy to work with and didn’t seem the slightest bit frustrated. His only concern seemed to be not knowing the Dairyland name, but he seemed confident that had made a wise purchase and was happy with the process and coverage.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Getting insurance was relatively easy. The customer service people are friendly, helpful and fast. I overall enjoy my insurance very much. I like broadband insurance for all my cars. It's the most economical. I like quality things at an affordable price. And they allow me to pay online. But they charge a late fee and they charge to pay with a live rep. I would like to get better discounts in the my area in the future. I would also like to bundle my insurance, house, car and life. They do not offer the other three. Insurance never seems worth it till you need it. They have always come through when I needed them. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The price is affordable for me being that I'm on disability and my income is limited to a low price. They allow me to make monthly payments instead of paying for it all up front. However, customer service is really bad when I have a problem and I can't call directly and talk to an agent. I am transferred to a hotline and have to talk to a completely stranger in another state where they have no idea what my problem is. I wish to have a more personal relationship with the agent locally.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have had a great experience Dairyland. I purchased through a insurance broker and enjoy the insurance and although it is expensive it is cheaper than other policies and a competitive price. I have been with the same company for years and it covers all of my vehicles. This is the only company that provided Broad form coverage to cover all of my vehicles. This was the same price as insuring only one vehicle so was the best deal on insurance that I was able to find. I am happy with my coverage. I do not like that auto insurance has gone up so much in Colorado that it is almost unaffordable but comparatively this was the best deal I could find.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Purchasing a policy from them was quite simple. They asked all the same questions as others and quickly pulled up my driving record to obtain my quote. All the people I talked to either in person or on the phone were all very friendly and extremely helpful. They answered all my question and were very patient with me while I was price checking different companies to fit my budget. Overall a very dependable and helpful company to go through. I like that they're one of the cheapest places I've went through. Also they work with me on a set due date for the entire 6 month period which I'm sure other places do as well. I've just became very comfortable with this company after being with them for multiple years.

But when I was involved in an accident, they were very slow at doing their part especially when it came to responding to phone calls. Also all the rules as they called it for getting a rental car was a tad bit ridiculous. Especially when it came to how many days you could keep it. Other than these few things I actually prefer them over all the other companies I've had.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Dairyland is a great company. It was curious and understanding when the payment was late with late charges. Great people working for that company, very helpful in understanding the policy. Also, can make over the phone payments, sometimes goes it on weekends to take payments being courtesy. It’s a great experience because they do as much as possible to help you get the best coverage for your automobile and for the people who besides you will be driving the automotive. It’s a great place to let someone know to go get insurance at.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I called the phone number and gave them my information. They told me I couldn't start a policy because my SR-22 required paid in full. I know for a fact it doesn't. So I said, "Ok, thank you, never mind, have a good day." When they realized their mistake they called me immediately to correct. It's more affordable than the usual companies, though it still has a high price. It is very difficult to find a physical location too. I had to travel 15 miles in order for the verification check was done. But bills are very clear and easy to read and it's easy to speak to a representative to solve my issues. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Original review: June 17, 2018

They are very wallet friendly and extremely simple to get set up and started. I had zero frustrations or problems getting insured. They also are super easy to make payments. They have really been great from start to finish for me, friendly employees, great prices and will work with you to help in any way they can. However, they don’t have any local branches to go in and speak with an agent. Sometimes over the phone just doesn't cut it and you need that face to face agent time.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Great company, always handles business well. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The grace period is nice if you're short on a payment. Road side assistance always came in handy you never know when you might need them. Furthermore, they have quick sign up. Has a good payment setup. However, it's just crazy how much it costs a month. 140$ liability and I've never been in any accidents other than backing up into a parked car. And I'm 31. It never went down in my 20s.

When I was 19 I was paying 80, that was in FL, I been in KY and the rate here are outrageous! It could always be cheaper, that's always nice to have the extra money, for gas! Also, every insurance company should have it set up so that when you need minor repairs or tires anything it should cover a percentage. I know a lot of people pay insurance and never make a claim but the minute an accident happens they jack up the price. It's the law to have it and then the billions of dollars a month flow into the insurance industry!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I didn't like Dairyland's service overall. The purchasing process was a lot to do. They were my first insurance and their start up fee was so much. And I think it's not fair. Plus, their monthly payment was really high. I would improve what they offer and give bundle deals. They didn't even give me roadside and I needed it. So I changed to State Farm and I love them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My overall experience was a good one although I never had a accident or incident where I needed to file so I'm unsure how that process would have gone. I had originally called around and after talking with a agent and feeling confident with the numbers I agreed to purchase Dairyland. The cost was very affordable and I could easily contact and talk to a real person if needed. I was always treated well when making payments and although any contact was very rare the people were friendly and helpful. Additionally, it was also a company that had been around for some time and had a good reputation. While I had no complaints, I did switch to Geico insurance because their rates were lower.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The price was great and reasonable and the locations were convienient in Bakersfield. They are very nice and seem to show compassion to your needs when you are getting a quote and/or considering using them as your insurance provider. But the price you pay is just to have a paper stating that you have car insurance because when it comes to actually using that insurance on damage to your car they have so many excuses it why it isn't being handled appropriately and within a reasonable time. They were procrastinating and either being rude and/or avoiding my calls. Totally unprofessional I feel that they can work on their people skills.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I chose Dairyland because when I purchased my vehicle from the dealer it was the insurance they recommended and I am very glad I did. I was approved and covered after a 5 minute phone call with an excellent rate. Dairyland is the second company I've gone through on my own. I love the price of my insurance plan as it is much cheaper than most quotes I received. Also I love how easy it is to make a claim. When I had gotten into an accident I simply made a phone call, took pictures of the damage and received my estimate.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I liked the company and it was close to home which was very convenient since I didn't want a insurance company that was very far away. It was the best price for the policy that covered my husband and myself. Customer service was great too and always answered any questions I had. They worked around my work hours so I could come in to do all the paperwork that I needed to do. The process of purchasing my auto policy were easy and informative. It also didn't take very long like other companies I've dealt with in the past. They were extremely efficient. However, I disliked the hours they held for the office and they cycled through staff extremely fast.

Original review: June 13, 2018

They were cheap and helpful. #1 on my top ten. I'm considering on switching. All companies should be like them, it would save a lot of people money, they helped me a lot. Purchasing the insurance went Smoothly and it didn't take long at all, they did their job perfectly. They stayed on task with smiles on their face. Perfect place, Absolutely love it. Love how they compare prices, and give you options. I would recommend it to everyone. They are caring and no hassle. I wish they would give you more than a few weeks to cancel, but other than that it's a super wonderful company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I really like that they do all of the work for you. They research all companies available to them so they can make sure they find the lowest rates for you. From the time you contact them to the time your policy is in effect is usually only a day or two. If you contact them early enough, you can have your policy the same day. The only thing I dislike about this company is their cancellation policy. If your payment is not made on or before your due date, they terminate your policy. You get no extra days like most other companies to make your payment. But overall, my experience has been positive with this company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

They are friendly, and have very reasonable prices and someone is always available to talk to about any problems you incur. The policy is very easy to read. The customer service is excellent but to start the policy it takes days for the charges to clear my bank and has messed up my bank account. Discounts are often offered but then when you receive your policy the discount has been taken away. This has happened to me twice. I did not find it as very good of a practice. I wish their rates were a bit lower and offer more local offices and 24-hour service and easier options to pay. I would also wish they would give you multiple vehicle discount.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My needs have been met. I have had positive experiences with my current broker. She has always been able to help me right away and she has been pleasant every time. Due to my current situation, the insurance company depends entirely on cost on a monthly basis. As long as the premium is one I can afford so that I meet the minimum state requirements, I am satisfied. But I would like to reduce the monthly premium so that it is much closer to the amount when paid in full. I understand the incentive, but the monthly premiums are considerably more when you add them up.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I called around and they were the cheapest. They have great coverage for what you need and it was pretty easy getting the insurance. After giving the lady my information she called me back fairly quick with the results and my monthly payment. The ladies are very welcoming and genuinely nice every time you talk to them. I like that they do not up charge for SR-22. They also take my monthly bill out of my bank automatically. However their location is a little far from my home if I had to go in and make a payment. If you miss one payment they cancel your policy but if you pay your bill with in a couple weeks they will let you keep your policy. I am very happy with them!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I like Dairyland Insurance because they have the most affordable rates that I can afford on my own income. They seem like a put together company and they are very respectful. The process of purchasing my insurance was very simple and I even did it online. If I had any questions I was able to call them in the office and they happily walked me through. Once I made my payment, also online, they did not waste any time with getting my paperwork emailed to me. I was even able to sign with an e-signature. Today my policy is still wonderful and I am very pleased with this company, the policy and rate they have given to me.

Not sure about Dairyland Auto Insurance?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Insurance for you.

Dairyland Auto Insurance Company Information

www.dairylandinsurance.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business