1.16/5
  • 1 star
Based on 76 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

77 Dairyland Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was rear ended by a Dairyland (Sentry/Freeway Insurance) customer on a Friday night. I submitted my claim to Dairyland on a Saturday. They had my estimate and check in the mail by Thursday, they also emailed me the information and I was able to take my car to the body shop this same day. Of course they under-estimated my damages so my body shop submitted a supplement. They approved it without any problems and sent the check for the difference to the body shop directly. I read all the negative reviews that this company has and I was so afraid of having problems, but Dairyland gave me no issues. They even compensated me for the additional days I was without my vehicle. I made sure to have all the necessary information when I filed my claim, I was patient, and nice! They really made this so easy.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My experience with Dairyland Insurance was horrible. I had gotten hit on my bike back in May of 2017. They did not work with me. They were rude, would not answer my questions and even after they had talked to my lawyer. Here it is November of 2017 and they still are not working with me and still very rude. I will never recommend this company to anyone. There's not even a rating for this company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

When I signed up with this co. they quoted me an initial start up fee. Once fee was paid they then informed me that I had purchased a years worth of roadside assistance for two along with my initial signup fee. Thank you but I already had roadside service. They sent a letter stating they needed additional info. Because I said I was single initially and later said I was divorced. (I explained I've been divorced for more than 15yrs.) My policy went up well over a hundred dollars!!

IN MY OPINION THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. Received a voicemail saying my policy changed because I said I drive my school age children to school using a different car than the one I requested insurance for. I don't have school age children and I never drive my significant other's car. When I spoke to a live person I was told this was not the information given and it was based on my divorced status v/s being single and that my miles driven stated was different than initially stated. It takes me 15 min to get to work.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Zero stars. They are horrible. I make minimum wage working a part time job trying to juggle the bills and when I needed insurance they seemed like the way to go because they were cheapest. Even though they were cheapest I could barely pay their first month premium. After 2 months, so on the 3rd month I wanted to know the exact date I was going to be charged. I had the money in my account so I called to find out. Even though my next billing cycle didn't start for another 2 weeks I've been charged almost a week prior when I didn't have money in my account and so therefore they cancelled my insurance policy! Because I didn't have money in my account 3 weeks! Before I was supposed to be billed!

Not having any other options I couldn't restart my previous policy and I had to pay the first month premium to start another policy. This time rates have gone up and again I could barely afford it. This time it was even more ridiculous and set me back literally months and paying off other more important bills because they were now charging even MORE even though I've now been longer since my last incident. I'm now being charged a fraction under $200 a month for the most basic of Insurance to be able to legally drive, I'm a 22 year old male with 2 5mph tickets from years ago...

It's so expensive I'm being forced to start riding a motorcycle and park my car at the end of October. Yeah I'm going to be riding to work at 4 in the morning in pouring rain and snow through the rest of winter. I was barely able to pay 160 a month before they cancelled my insurance and started charging me way more. I just can't afford to be safe and drive a car this winter if it's going to be thousands of dollars a year.

Also they suck from the other end too. I had an incident at work. In the employee parking lot my truck slipped out of gear when no one was around and backed into my friend's truck. She had to file a claim with my insurance to get her truck fixed. And they were complete ** to her the entire way through nonstop. Horrible customer service would not talk to her properly, give her no respect, very rude. They were very upsetting. They refused to help her until she threatened to get lawyers involved. Absolutely horrible customer service on both ends in all ways!!!! Horrible. Sinful. Wretched. Slimy. Worthless. Company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My experience with your insurance has been horrible. I obtained a 6-month policy with Dairyland, then was hospitalized for 2 months. Having paid for had a year, my spouse and I didn't think to check the status of my policy. As it turns out my policy was canceled on August 14th. Dairyland somehow didn't receive my change of address so I didn't receive any mail from them. But at no point did they try and contact me via email or phone. Which had they, I would've responded immediately because I did have my phone in my hand almost 24/7.

NOW, they want me to pay another deposit to keep my policy active. I just feel like the sense of individuality is gone, no room for circumstances or even admitting that they dropped the ball. I chose Dairyland because it seemed more personal small and that's what I look for these days. As it turns out I am just another number. The supervisor just kept saying she was sorry because of how much time had lapsed, but I was in the flipping hospital, so there's that. The supervisor insisted there was nothing she could do, which having been a supervisor in customer service, I know this is simply not true.

I will not be continuing my policy with Dairyland and will go with a company that WILL call and/or email me when they don't hear back from me. Funny how if I owed them money, they would for sure spend a bit more time trying to get a hold of me. So annoyed. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, simply because there is no sense of "I matter" in a world of us citizens being just numbers. So now I default to a huge company where I am just a policy number, because at least I know exactly what I'm getting myself into.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairyland Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was quoted 1 price. Got charged twice that they was charging me for a wreck that wasn't my fault. Spent over a month trying to get it right. Had to pay for driving record to prove it wasn't my fault even though there was no ticket on my record for me causing any accident.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

My experience was only disgusting and minor compared to the poor folks who unjustly lost lots of money in bogus and seemingly illegal accident claims. When they increased my annual (paid monthly) liability only bike insurance premium from $35/month to $68/month I had my insurance agent cancel 8 days from when they deducted the first surprising $68 and expected to receive a refund. Instead they billed me with an $18.03 penalty (and kept the $68) for cancelling and sent me 3 threatening notices within a week for payment or threatened credit reporting. Sentry Insurance apparently bought or owns Dairyland so I would not touch these companies and will check more of the fine print next time. Where are our politicians?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I agree with the reviews people have posted, I also had a very bad experience with them. I was hit and it took them 40 days to clearly take responsibility and I am still unsatisfied. They tried to underestimate the damage to my car when v slammed into it when she backed up. I put a complaint with the BBB and Sentry has tried their hardest to get it removed. I suggest that all you guys report it to the BBB and remember they also go by Sentry and that is the name you need to use. The more of us that do that the more warning people will have if they want to know about all the complaints against this company not just me.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have (had) been a customer of Dairyland for 4 years, insuring my motorcycle with them, no problems. I recently moved to CA from CO and I changed my policy to a CA policy. No biggie, my insurance basically remained about the same. Yesterday I get a bill for 73.00, my payment is usually 44.00. So I go online and see that my insurance policy is now over 1200.00 from 442.00. with absolutely no notification from Dairyland. I have the Policy at home for the 442.00/yr. I called them and cancelled the policy immediately and added my Moto to my GEICO auto policy for basically the same amount of 475.00. The thing that irks me is I got no notification about any changes, and the fact that no one from Dairyland tried to keep me from cancelling. I have a feeling that with the change to Sentry insurance that they are purposely just dropping some of the lower rate customers.

Original review: July 22, 2017

One of Dairyland's insured hit my vehicle. The police report clearly shows they are liable. It has been three weeks and Dairyland is still dragging their feet. Meanwhile I have received no indication of how long until they take action to have my vehicle repaired. I've called numerous times with no return call. Don't use this company if you want good customer service. Worst service ever.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We were T-boned by a driver insured by Dairyland - in Perris CA on June 2, 2017. He ran a stop sign at a 4 way stop and hit us in the passenger side door while we were legally in the intersection. The police were called, but because there weren't any injuries, an accident report was not completed. The Claims Adjuster said it is now a "he said he said" case as his insurer says we ran the stop sign (and somehow caused his car to T-bone us at a 4 way stop) and they refuse to settle the case. Our insurance company said the fault is 100% the other driver, but apparently facts don't matter to DAIRYLAND Insurance. I cannot believe this company is allowed to do business. We would have been better off being hit by an uninsured driver as our insurance would have covered the damage to the vehicle.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I was in an accident last Thursday. It's now a week later and I have only talked to my claim adjuster once!! That is BS. What's the point of have their insurance if they make it so difficult to talk to me. As soon as this nightmare is over I am switching!!!!

Original review: June 23, 2017

Close to two weeks ago, I was run off the parkway by a driver "insured" by a child company owned by Dairyland, known as Viking Insurance. They were supposed to send an adjuster to assess the damages done to my vehicle but never did; I got sick of waiting around for correspondence from their company which has a 95% dissatisfaction rating, and chose to have the car repaired out of pocket. I will be pursuing recompense.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Worst insurance company ever. I called them. Sent the breakup letter to them cause they lose a customer. They're charging cancellation fees already. Their rates are too high so they can't keep people that way and then they wanna make you wait for you money owed they had no right to take from your account and then tell you it's in the mail at your 30 day waiting period. The company is a joke. I'd look elsewhere.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought into this insurance on May 9th, 2017 for the price they quoted me. The very next month my bill went up 10.23. I ask about the price increase. They said that it was a scheduled increase and that my June invoice was my notice. What ** that was. I would not give them one star but I have to give them one. Don't buy into this company.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I gave back my truck to the dealership due to not having a job on 04-29-2017 because I moved back from Texas to Arkansas. So I started calling AZ Express where I purchased 3 months of insurance on my 2005 Ford Explorer. Well 1st my name was entered as ** on the policy which is my middle name not my 1st name.

On 05-01-2017 when I started calling AZ Express they kept telling me that they could not find my policy and that I need to find my policy number which my policy was lift in my truck when it was returned to the dealership so I didn't have it at hand. Well finally after going through a lot of calling them back they finally found who my policy was under and so I started calling Dairyland to cancel my policy officially explaining to them how hard it was for me to get their information so that I could cancel the policy with them. I was told by them to fax a cancellation letter with the effective date of cancellation, the reason for the cancellation and my signature and so I did what was requested of me.

After all of that they finally cancelled it on 05-12-2017 and I was told by an agent that all I will be refunded to me would be $56. This was on 05-18-2017 but still had not received it by 05-31-2017 so I called them back on this day and now they are telling me $53. I even told to a manager and he said he can't help what another agent told me that it will be mail 06-01-2017 in the amount of $53. Even after I explained the situation from beginning to end to him. So I am telling everyone don't go to AZ Express for insurance because they are working with these insurance companies to screw over us consumers and then consumers and do research on the insurance company before you use them if they have a lot of complaints filed against them. Word to the wise - look else where. I am still getting renewed policy papers in the mail even after my cancellation. How funny!

Original review: May 28, 2017

Horrible beyond belief to deal with. They make it as difficult as at all possible to pursue a claim that is not your fault. Time consuming pics, they do not reply to phone calls, emails etc... Why is this company not regulated with all of the terrible reviews? Taking forever to get my car repaired because of them. Shame on them & those who regulate these insurance companies. They should be closed up. Scammers.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Rear-ended by their driver. After multiple ineffective and without results or resolution, and almost a week later I still haven't heard from their adjuster or gotten the promised link where I have to send pictures of the damage to my car. Meanwhile my bumper is now beginning to fall off because of the damage causing more stress. Then told that I was rude because I attempted to hold the claims agent accountable to her failure to do her job. Word to the wise, avoid rolling dents on four wheels at all costs... they're probably insured by Dairyland.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I tried to cancel my policy on 14 and left message. They never called me back so I called again on 18th and finally got it cancelled. When I asked about a refund for remaining 2 weeks that I paid in advance they said they don't do refunds because I cancelled before the full policy was over, but it was a month to month so how does that work?? Seems like a rip off to me! Am I wrong???

Original review: April 11, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with in my life. I was rear-ended by a woman who was on her cell phone over 4 months ago. Still no payment to the autobody shop for the repairs. No adjuster ever came out, they made me download an app and take pictures of my entire truck (even the sides with no damage) and complained that one side was too dark (in the freezing cold). I had to take pictures of the mileage and type it in, VIN number and type it in, take a video of the damage, just to be told that by the man sitting on his butt that he saw no damage. The garage estimated it over 2000.00. Still no payment, dealing with 2 different adjusters and a different phone number. This company is a fraud. I am quite sure that the ladies rates have gone up. I will continue to fight this company if not I will go after the lady that hit me. Very bad company and I refuse to go through mine because my rates will increase and I was not at fault.

Original review: March 14, 2017

One of their insurer hit my car, ran a red light. It has been three weeks and I have not received not even a phone call from them. I called them and they gave me false information about one of the agents email address. They told me that it may not be their client's fault, but there was a camera at the light. The accident report shows their client running the red light. I have no car, no rental and it's just like the man that hit me has no insurance.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I bought a motorcycle last year and got Dairyland insurance for it. I went as far as paying for the insurance one year in advance. Somehow, Dairyland decided I owed them more money and I was not able to pay them more. They needed some paperwork from me to allow the lower cost and I provided them with that paperwork. They said they never got it and I sent it twice. Now, they have sent me to collections and cancelled my insurance on the motorcycle. Absolutely terrible and they have not kept with their commitment on the insurance rate they had quoted me on. Had I know, I would have never used them. I do not recommend them to anyone at all. They decided to change my coverage without telling me.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

The only way to find out if the insurance company you picked to insure your car is when you have an accident and you need to file a claim, and that's when you find out how good they are in helping people fix their car and go on with their lives. And Dairyland Insurance is not a good company, DO NOT GET INSURANCE FROM THIS BAD COMPANY PLEASE. Just read the reviews and go with the big boys, like State Farm, Farmers, Allstate, GEICO, Progressive, it is worth to pay a little extra and have a peace of mind, thank you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I got scammed by Dairyland auto insurance. I had 3 cars insured but since one of the cars wasn't working anymore, l decide to remove the car from my policy. But since l was one day late on the payment they didn't want to do it. And l had to made the payment for the 3 cars and then she removed the car from the policy. But then send me a bill for more than l expected it. l asked them to reimburse the payment for the car l removed but they gave me a very lame excuse. And l decide to cancel the policy and I asked for my reimbursement and they refuse to do so. They changed the version again. This company are scam artist. Don't ever let these thieves to steal hard working money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

My car got hit in the parking by their insured. It took me two days to get in touch with adjuster after leaving few voicemail. The towing company they send didn't picked up the car the day said they would. I couldn't even get insurance in the rental car. Nobody answers the calls and they close at 4:30. What a piece of **. I didn't asked to be hit. My car is still in the parking lot and I can't go to work. Is the how the insurance company handles the claim.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I am a victim of this company. One of their insured blew a stop sign and hit my car. The person was given a ticket. Now they won't pay all to fix my car. The police report has a picture that clearly shows I would not see her but the scumbag of a lady named Amber totally cheated me. This company is a complete sham and the people who work there should never sleep at night. I was told I have to take 20 percent because I don't have eyes in the back of my head. Can you believe what crap that is. Sad part is we can write reviews all day and nothing is being done about this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Their insured hit me while I was stopped waiting to go thru intersection. He swerved to miss a van that had gone thru across traffic. He hit me almost head on. Their insured admitted it was his fault right then. But Dairyland said it was the van's fault. The van didn't hit me. Their insured did. If I was stopped their insured hit me, what part of this is not his fault?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I deleted 1 vehicle before the renewal. I had received the statement for the cost of renewal & deducted the charge for that vehicle from my payment for 6 months. They renewed the policy for 3 months & gave me a credit. It costs less to renew for 6 mo. & now I owe them another $170.28 to renew for the next 3 months. If they had credited my payment for the 6 months, they would have owed me $20 as I found when they sent me the corrected statement. I called the main office & they had all kinds of excuses as to why I was billed this way & would not correct the payment status.

I went to the local Cost-U-Less office to talk to them about it, and the woman I talked to agreed with my position. But when she called them, quickly changed her perspective and tried to explain to me the same lame excuses & told me that because they received the payment before the due date, that was the reason for this BS. I'm MAD & they don't listen to my views of this proof or not.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I moved to California and had an auto insurance policy through Viking insurance with Dairyland. When I canceled the policy as a result of buying a new car I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the representative who stated that the policy was canceled TWO months ago. I have just found out I've been billed for the policy for the past two months and cannot get the money back even though the policy was canceled because they want proof that I gave my former car away. This, despite me having emailed the employee two months ago with the cancel policy notification. I did not retain proof as I mailed the title in to the DMV. I was informed that there is nothing they can do and that now I'm assured my policy is canceled. Do not use Dairyland auto or Viking insurance company of Wisconsin. Yet another crap large corporation taking you for all you they can.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I was rear ended by a Dairyland insured. The driver was cited. Though his vehicle was totaled, my vehicle sustained minimal damages. Though my car absorbed the impact well, my body did not. I exited the incident with severe whiplash. It took 5 days for the claim agent to contact me. They sent me an "app" to take pictures. From cell phone pictures they decided on an estimate which was $800 lower than both local estimates I received from an in person observer. The insurance company stated that was all they were offering and if I did my homework I could probably find a good body shop to do the work for what they were offering. They also told me due to my minimal damages there was no possible way I could have been injured as badly as I was claiming so I should take their $650 injury settlement since that's all I was entitled to for a low impact collision.

Keep in mind... guy who hit me... totaled vehicle. I wonder if his impact was low? I was told in every contact that if I wasn't happy I could file a claim to my own insurance... that's what it's there for. Ultimately they are going to bully me into filing a claim against my own insurance, so I can get my vehicle repaired and some medical care. And I will suffer the premium hike. Why are people allowed to hold insurance that refuses to cover damages? I am at a loss.

Dairyland Insurance Company Information