Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.27/5

Bristol West Insurance

Bristol West Insurance offers multiple auto insurance coverage options to customers in all 50 states. Bristol isn't part of the InsuraMatch program that powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Call InsuraMatch to get your personalized quotes from all their verified partners.

BOTTOM LINE

Bristol West Insurance is a member of the Farmers Insurance Group, one of the biggest insurance companies in the United States. Reviewers say the claims process is fast and efficient. Bristol West offers standard and optional coverages with personalized service and specializes in insurance options for high-risk drivers.

PROS

• Low down payment options
  • Product sold by local agents and brokers
  • Standard, comprehensive and optional coverage options
  • 24/7 online claims filing
  • SR-22 or FR-44 options available

CONS

• A few customers reported unexpected price increases
  • Some customers experienced a delay while getting a quote

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Bristol West Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

A relative got into an accident with my vehicle. There was an app that they used to send insurance pictures, within a couple of days, agent came back and told me not only the outcome of the claim (total loss) and my options. Once I decided they sent the check that very day. The agent was super friendly and walked me through everything.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We had Progressive for over a year, and after sending a letter thanking us for our loyalty they then renewed our policy at a 20% increase? I called a local agent to price other insurance, and even though we technically had a lapse (our Progressive canceled a few days before we finalized the new insurance) they still considered us insured and did not increase our rates for the lapse of insurance.

We saved over $100 a month for 2 vehicles, were able to go online the next day and print our ID cards as well as email them to myself so I can pull them up whenever needed. So far, no complaints. For the price I understand they may not be stellar coverage, but we have what we need for our older paid off cars, and the peace of mind that we are covered.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I had just switched to Foremost/Bristol West after 30 years of a perfect driving record. Boom! Got broadsided by an underinsured driver. From the very first call, the company representatives treated me with the greatest respect and kindness. Made sure I got the medical care I needed, and gave me the best settlement they could, according to my policy. They, in fact, saved my life. My rate did go up some, but understandable with the money they paid. I will be their customer for life and hope no more accidents. ;o ]

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is a great company. I have been using them for years and have not had the slightest problem. I had an accident and the company paid out without having to fight them for it! The process was easy and got resolved very quickly.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I had a hit and run happen to me, and I was able to take down the license plate. I called the cops and made a report. A day later, I get a call from Bristol saying they do not have the report and that if I wanted, I could use my own insurance to pay for the damages and they will refund me the deductible through the other insurance. My car did end up getting up fixed through my insurance, but they still kept insisting they never received nor have the report. If I wanted it to move along faster, I’d have to go in person to get the report from the police and send it to them. This accident happened January 2019 and it is the end of the year already, I still do not have my deductible back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bristol West Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I've dealt with other insurance companies for over 30 years, and Bristol West stands out -- AS THE SLOWEST to approve a claim. The woman insured by them, backed into my wife's parked vehicle - while she was at work. It's now 12 days since the accident. No repair in process, no rental. They've gotten the photos, quotes, etc from repair centers, and I've called them dozens of times. They haven't approve the rental or the repair. Next call is the lawyer. I personally, hope I never have to deal with them again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My car was damaged (eventually totaled) by an insured with Bristol West three weeks ago today. I’ve never in my life gone through such a lengthy process to finalize everything through an insurance claim. The gal I dealt with on the phone was the only positive out of the whole experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had my payment to be taken out of my account automatically on the 12th of the month. But I got paid on the 15th. So my bank denied the payment, causing them to charge me $25.00 plus my fee, $67.51. I called and received no help at all. The person I spoke with stated"You can call when you get paid but until then you have no insurance and you will be charged another $6.00 for a processing fee. I'm going to AAA or Met life, they care about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

You can't make partial payments online. Their customer service reps are terrible. Im a paying customer and they treat me bad. Just not a good company. I'm not satisfied. I will switch as soon as my policy ends.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My car was damaged by a Bristol West insured driver almost 2 months ago and the body shop I choose has not finished my car yet so they decide Nov 2 was the last day they pay for my rental. Now I'm stuck with my only car in the shop and no way to work. ** this company. I'm calling my lawyers.

Bristol West Insurance Company Information