Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.25/5

Bristol West Insurance

Bristol West Insurance offers multiple auto insurance coverage options to customers in all 50 states. Bristol isn't part of the InsuraMatch program that powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Call InsuraMatch to get your personalized quotes from all their verified partners.

BOTTOM LINE

Bristol West Insurance is a member of the Farmers Insurance Group, one of the biggest insurance companies in the United States. Reviewers say the claims process is fast and efficient. Bristol West offers standard and optional coverages with personalized service and specializes in insurance options for high-risk drivers.

PROS

• Low down payment options
  • Product sold by local agents and brokers
  • Standard, comprehensive and optional coverage options
  • 24/7 online claims filing
  • SR-22 or FR-44 options available

CONS

• A few customers reported unexpected price increases
  • Some customers experienced a delay while getting a quote

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Bristol West Insurance Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2019

We had Progressive for over a year, and after sending a letter thanking us for our loyalty they then renewed our policy at a 20% increase? I called a local agent to price other insurance, and even though we technically had a lapse (our Progressive canceled a few days before we finalized the new insurance) they still considered us insured and did not increase our rates for the lapse of insurance.

We saved over $100 a month for 2 vehicles, were able to go online the next day and print our ID cards as well as email them to myself so I can pull them up whenever needed. So far, no complaints. For the price I understand they may not be stellar coverage, but we have what we need for our older paid off cars, and the peace of mind that we are covered.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I had just switched to Foremost/Bristol West after 30 years of a perfect driving record. Boom! Got broadsided by an underinsured driver. From the very first call, the company representatives treated me with the greatest respect and kindness. Made sure I got the medical care I needed, and gave me the best settlement they could, according to my policy. They, in fact, saved my life. My rate did go up some, but understandable with the money they paid. I will be their customer for life and hope no more accidents. ;o ]

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is a great company. I have been using them for years and have not had the slightest problem. I had an accident and the company paid out without having to fight them for it! The process was easy and got resolved very quickly.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I had an accident that was not my fault in Aug 2018. The other driver was insured thru Progressive and they should have been the company helping me. Their client was cited for the accident which totaled my car leaving me with no transportation. After waiting over a week and a half for them to do something. I called Bristol West and let them know that Progressive was not helping me and I had rented a car paying out of pocket to get to work. My claims adjuster was Hanns and he stepped in and took care of everything! He had me reimbursed for the rental and had the whole claim took care of quickly. I had never been in a situation to file an insurance claim and didn't know what I was supposed to do. I thank him very much for his help and professionalism.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

They have just increased and increase my rate not even letting me know! They told me to submit forms and they would fix it but they lied and just increased. I am so upset! They are never clear and do not try at all to make situations right. Do yourself a favor and stay far from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bristol West Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

My father, 84 years of age was rear ended by someone who was with Bristol West Insurance. We were told to get an estimate and send in and so we did, $4,984.28. They sent a check for $2,920.84 this is what they call their estimate. They told us to take the check to repair shop and if it were to be more the shop could call them. LOL!! The repair shop says no, no, no! We would be responsible for remaining cost. Now there is a Emergence Room bill as well, that they are not willing to pay. Bristol West will take advantage of the elderly and poor folks! They BANK on people not standing up and holding them accountable. These people should be ashamed of themselves for what they do. I would not recommend doing business with them. If you have a claim against them, get ready for a battle!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

They play games with your rates always trying to increase. And no one could get you a straight answer. They treat you like they are doing you a favor not like a customer. Now they have me hostage to pay their rate or get dropped. They will not get you a supervisor or someone to talk to or help resolve any issue.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My CC was involve in some Bank fraud, so it is rejected my automatic payments, I was calling them to update about the new card, and got a letter that my policy is cancelled for not paying. I got this e-mail on Saturday 5 PM, 4 days after my policy got cancels, that I am driving with no insurance, so I try to call. No one was available, meaning they left me and my wife for the weekend without auto insurance. If they could only send this later on working hours we could resolved it right away...but no... I simply contact Geico and got me a new policy effective for the same day.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

My policy cost nearly doubled in 2 months simply because I had no way to "prove" to them that I had previous coverage. I did EVERYTHING online with my previous insurer therefore when I canceled I no longer had an account to log into to see my past payments. I could see the cost going up a little if this was the case, but to go from $52 per month to $90 for liability on a 1995 Chevy truck that I own is ridiculous! I would NEVER EVER recommend this insurance company to anyone!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Canceled my policy on the 22nd of Aug. My payment wasn’t due till the 25th. Customer service said everything was paid through to the 25th. Guess what. $181 bill showed up. Fees and policy coverage. "Oh sorry. I’m not sure why they said you were paid in full. We already sent you to Collections," wHat!???? No. Do not use them!!!!

Bristol West Insurance Company Information