Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes
1.31/5

Bristol West Insurance

Bristol West Insurance offers multiple auto insurance coverage options to customers in all 50 states. Bristol isn't part of the InsuraMatch program that powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Call InsuraMatch to get your personalized quotes from all their verified partners.

Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes

BOTTOM LINE

Bristol West Insurance is a member of the Farmers Insurance Group, one of the biggest insurance companies in the United States. Reviewers say the claims process is fast and efficient. Bristol West offers standard and optional coverages with personalized service and specializes in insurance options for high-risk drivers.

PROS

• Low down payment options
  • Product sold by local agents and brokers
  • Standard, comprehensive and optional coverage options
  • 24/7 online claims filing
  • SR-22 or FR-44 options available

CONS

• A few customers reported unexpected price increases
  • Some customers experienced a delay while getting a quote

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

163 Bristol West Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

If you are in an accident with your vehicle and insured with Bristol West Insurance do not I repeat do not send in any pictures you may have obtained from the accident. If you do say you have pictures they tell you to send it to their docs email site for review but they don't tell you they immediately start evaluating what your claim is worth. Next thing you know is they have a quick settlement quote and if your vehicle has major damage they are too quick to rush to judgment in most cases call it a loss giving you less. They put you in a catch 22 position, first they tell you don't send your vehicle to a collision center for an expert evaluation because storage fees are too expensive and will ask you to send your vehicle to their storage yard and just sit there for long delays between a settlement amount.

First of all you are entitled to an expert collision evaluation. They will go as far as telling you a collision center evaluation is not credible or accurate. You would expect the insurance adjuster and the claims dept head person to be on the same page. Well they are but they don't act like it. Instead play the dumb card with you all the while purposely trying to confuse you so you'll settle for less than what you're entitled to, and if they suspect you're an intelligent person and call them on their B.S they get very mad at you.

I was told they had no insurance field adjusters they could send out to my residence. You would think a large company like this they would have at least one to send out. This is their B.S story to further cement in not giving you or fixing your vehicle. In most cases they call it a total loss instead of fixing your vehicle. This has been my experience with them thus far. I will report back and let you all know the final outcome.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have been going back in forth with Bristol West in regards to my loss of discounts. A rep with Farmers Insurance signed me up with the policy with Bristol West Back in August. I was given no information as to how the auto insurance discount was applied. I was told as long as I had previous insurance my outstanding balance would be $90 a month. When October came I received a letter from Bristol stating I lost my discount due not providing proof of insurance. I then paid the higher amount for the month of November and sent in my proof of insurance.

When I signed up for the policy I was not aware that you could not have laps on your insurance. Bristol West again denied me my discount because I had lapse of coverage from my insurance for about four days. I was told by one of their previous reps that it's okay as long as you had prior coverage just like what I was told when I enrolled in the policy. This misinformation caused a huge increase to my monthly premium which I was not aware of. I called Bristol West to try and shut off auto pay and cancel my policy on Nov 30. They told me I would have to pay $66 for the remaining balance from the discount. Only to find out they were wrong that it was not a shortage but rather to cover the remaining days I had insurance up until cancellation.

Sales reps need to not be desperate to close a sale. Just one small error can cause a mistake such as a major increase on the premium. I finally decided to finish the remainder of my six month policy only to find out my monthly premium went up again. I bet it's because I had shut auto pay off. Bristol West does absolutely nothing to keep their paying members happy. No one goes out of their way to correct information and do what's right. Customer service is horrible. They follow off from scripts. Bristol West only cares about themselves and not their paying members. Karma will come to those that work for this company the rest of us will move on to other insurance companies. My advise to everyone is read the fine print before you sign anything. They use the documents you signed against you to make themselves look better. Read online reviews. Be careful.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Picked up a policy for my car and truck. Everything was good for 8 months. I got a new card, and didn't update my information. No notifications at all over email until they added a late fee. Then I started getting emails every 3 days. I drove 2 months without insurance, luckily I wasn't in an accident or pulled over. You would think they would want to get a hold of you to keep making money, I guess the late fee was more of a money maker or something. No empathy at all from the agent or the manager. I just wanted the $30 waived, I'm honest and wanted to pay for the insurance that was provided. Either way this is also my fault but it makes no sense business wise. I don't even want to know what making a claim would be like! Definitely wouldn't recommend.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Bristol West increased my monthly payment by a lot and without my permission took that money from my account... then when I cancelled everything that very same day they would refund my money! The people in the farmers office have to tell me that they'll call me back. Every time I call, if they don't know anything, why are they working there??? I have no been in an accident ever and not had any tickets, I am a good driver and paid everything on time, as it was taken out of my account automatically. Bristol West will raise your fees for being a safe driver and good customer??? Then will take money from your account even if they aren't authorized!!! They also will not refund your money even if you cancel everything on the same day they take the money... They are thiefs and what they do to people should be illegal!!! Bristol West Insurance is the worst company I've ever dealt with and I'll tell everyone I know and then somehow horrible they are!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Yep, I fell victim to this trashy insurance company too. They have always been a bit shady but when my vehicle broke down and I called to cancel the policy they charged me over 50 dollars cancellation. I already can't afford to fix my vehicle, I don't owe them anything because I'm paid through the month, yet they want to stick a knife in me and twist it. That's ok though, social media here I come. I figure if I can stop at least 100 people from signing up with them it will cost Bristol 1000x what they took from me. Have a nice day Bristol trash. ;)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bristol West Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Called Bristol West 11/13/18 to cancel my car Insurance. I was told by their associate Jim that we could not cancel now by phone. It had to be 10 days before the end of the month which is Thanksgiving. Oh they are closed. But they only need 3 days to cancel the EFT withdrawal from our account. We asked to speak with a supervisor and None Were Available. All in Meetings. They were of No Help Whatsoever! So even though we will be in the middle of a move we will have to call from who knows where to cancel this policy by phone or online!! We started with Century 21 and have been moved twice to another Insurance per them!! We are not going with them Again!! Bristol West! Your customer service is Horrible and outdated. I don't want to hear someone read me a script and not be able to explain why!! You take the money and give us no service. If I could give less than 1 star I would! Thanks for Nothing!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I arranged for renewal of my policy in Sept 2018 which went into effect on Oct 23. Meanwhile, I purchased a home and it was better to bundle, so I canceled officially on Oct 24th which went into effect on Oct 25, when I closed on my home. I had the policy with Bristol West for 2 days on the renewal. I paid $126.74 for an entire month of service, only used 2 days, yet was notified by mail that I am being charged $43.50 for this.

In speaking to a Bristol West Rep she said there was a service fee. I read my contract and also consulted with my Rep at Americus and there is no cancellation or service fee in the state of CO. That said, I am within my rights to receive the full refund amount due to me, no service or cancellation fee, only 2 days= $8.18, so refund amount should be: $118.56.

I tried to submit above on website and it would not send. Also my Rep at Americus called and was not able to resolve. In addition to that I had asked to speak to a Manager after I got nowhere with the Bristol West Rep and was put on a long hold. They are making it impossible to resolve this and get my money back. Next step will be a letter from my Attorney.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I had an accident that was not my fault in Aug 2018. The other driver was insured thru Progressive and they should have been the company helping me. Their client was cited for the accident which totaled my car leaving me with no transportation. After waiting over a week and a half for them to do something. I called Bristol West and let them know that Progressive was not helping me and I had rented a car paying out of pocket to get to work. My claims adjuster was Hanns and he stepped in and took care of everything! He had me reimbursed for the rental and had the whole claim took care of quickly. I had never been in a situation to file an insurance claim and didn't know what I was supposed to do. I thank him very much for his help and professionalism.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

After the fist payment of 190.00$ went through, about 2 weeks later they raised my rates to $284 a month. These guys are out to steal your money. They say it was because of incidents on my policy but I provided them proof that it wasn't me, they lowered the entire policy by 65$ bringing the payments to $280. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Claims experience has been nothing short of a nightmare. My car was hit by a Bristol West insured driver who was insured for the state minimum. My insurance company and I find it impossible to contact the claims adjuster or his supervisor. He does not answer the phone, numerous emails were sent and not one response. It has been two months and everything they requested has been sent in and still no response. Most unprofessional company in the world. Extremely disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We had 21st insurance for 2 years and were completely happy. I could take care of everything online, easy breezy. Which makes sense BECAUSE WE LIVE IN FREAKING 2018...21st decided to stop servicing our area and we were told that we were being switched to Farmers Insurance. Which then turned into Bristol West, Part of the Farmers Insurance Group, related to 21st. So, basically we got passed off to the 3rd string team. Their website is so ridiculously basic that it looks like it was created at the same time Myspace was. You cannot even add or take away a vehicle. You have to call. And then you get bounced around for 15 minutes by the stupid automated phone service. I'm sure my kids thought I was possessed when I started yelling, "I JUST WANT TO TALK TO A REAL FREAKING HUMAN BEING!!!"

If that wasn't bad enough, I begrudgingly signed up for automatic withdrawal and I never know when they're actually going to take the money out. When I signed up, it said that I would still have to make the first payment manually, so I did. Then the next month, I went in to verify that the automatic withdrawal was a go and there was no way to verify that it was actually active. So you just kind of have to wait and see if it's going to work. So, that was a few months ago and I'm never sure if it's going to work. I have been watching the bank account all weekend waiting for this stupid payment to come out and then I get a letter today. So my payment is supposed to come out on the 18th and it didn't. Then the 19th, it still didn't come out and I started wondering what the heck? Then, something else went through and we were a few dollars short (totally my bad) and then today I went and put more money in.

Well, I get this letter that says they tried to take out the payment and it was rejected (I guess they tried to withdraw it in the 18ish hours it was short on a Sunday, 3 days after it was supposed to...), so now I have to pay the $25 fee on top of the payment within 9 days or they're cancelling my insurance. I would understand the late fee and all this jazz, EXCEPT the letter was postmarked on the 18th. That's the day the payment is supposed to come out...and on that day the money was in the bank because I was watching it like a hawk. And I have overdraft protection anyway, so I have no idea why it would have been kicked back.

I was going to call and try to figure it out and possibly yell at someone, but I don't feel like getting stuck on hold with an idiot computer program. If you are considering Bristol West for your insurance For the love of all that is holy on this earth, please, just don't. You're welcome. (For extra clarification, I NEVER leave reviews, I'm not even the type of person that sends food back when it's wrong. I just sit there and smile and eat it. And I don't have an "I'd like to speak to your manager" haircut either. This company just makes me want to pull my hair out. We will definitely be switching ASAP).

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Let’s start off by saying I was a first time shopper for insurance and I didn’t quite a bit of shopping before I signed up with an insurance company. They had the cheapest cost that I could find, but if I would have read the reviews I would NOT have gone with them. I got the insurance at the end of July my monthly payment was supposed to be $148 and some change, by September it was up to $160 (without any type of notification). It had absolutely no reason to jump in price and when I asked to speak to a supervisor they “didn’t have one available but would call you back.”

I went ahead to pay it online so I would have insurance but it had apparently jumped up to $185 for years again no reason. I ended up canceling with them and going to Farm Bureau. It’s now October and they’re trying to tell me I owe $125 for no reason and that they are going to send it to collections. I wouldn’t recommend this insurance company to my worst enemy. They have awful customer service, their staff is rude and inconsistent, and they never seem to know what they are talking about. If I could leave zero stars I would!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Working with this sorry excuse for a company has been the worst experience I've had with an "agency". I was contacted by an agent who told me because I was getting a DUI, that I needed an SR22 even though I wasn't going to be convicted for months. I was told to pay almost $300 to start up with them, then $33/mo for the DUI insurance. After months of it being automatically withdrawn from my account, I lost my card and gave them my new card for the automatic withdrawal.

After another month and a half, I was notified through email that my policy had been canceled because I hadn't been making payments with the new card, and I owed them a backpay of $38. When I called to pay it, they asked if I wanted to pay with the credit card number I gave them!!! I asked how did they have my credit card number, yet wasn't taking the payments out as usual, PLUS, why wasn't I notified? They said "...we don't know." I spend two hours on the phone with them until they finally pulled the phone call of me giving them my credit card number. BUT they then said that because it had been so long, I couldn't reinstate my account, I had to start a completely new one, including paying $260 to start over.

I talked to another representative, and he said if I went directly through sales, I didn't have to pay the start up fee, I could just pay my monthly, but I had to call back tomorrow to do so. I called back the next day, and was transferred to 2 different people at Bristol West, then to Century 21, then to Farmers, then put on hold, back to Bristol, then to Century 21 again, Farmers again (I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP, THIS WAS NUTS) just to be told I DO have to pay the start up fee no matter who I deal with. I googled them to see if anyone else was dealing with this, and after I read everyone's reviews, saw that they had been doing the same to many MANY people.

These people are scam artists. They're total liars and rip offs and will steal your money from you. DO NOT TRUST THEM. I've paid almost $1k without even (STILL) being convicted of anything, so I was basically just giving them free money. All they could say is "Sorry, that sucks. So can we start you a new policy?" What a joke. Beware.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Getting into an accident is a stressing event, but nothing will prepare you if you are insured under Bristol West aka Framers. Not only they will avoid your call but they will find all type of excuse of running from their responsibility. Bristol West representative admits he undervalue my totaled vehicle and promised to resolve the differences. After many emails and phone messages, all my requests have been ignored. Recently, I rented a U-Haul truck and got into an accident, which I hitted a parked car. Bristol West told me it is not covered because U-Haul is an commercial vehicle. Well, I look it up, even U-Haul website stated their trucks are not classified as commercial vehicle. Stay away from Bristol West like plague. Do a quick search online and you will see nothing but 1 star. I'm really amaze how such company still exists will all these complains and bad reviews.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had never even heard of this company before... well not until we received a notice from Harrisburg that Bristol West Insurance informed them that we didn't have ANY insurance at all. My husband has used the same insurance company for over 25 years. We just received the above referenced notification stating that we needed to provide proof of new insurance or we would be facing charges and registration suspension. We never canceled the insurance (with the company we've used for years) that we had on the car since we bought it 3 years ago. This company attained our private information without our consent and we are not happy!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was 21 Century customer and very happy with them. Then Farmers buys 21st century insurance and transfers its customers to Bristol West. The first writing on the wall should’ve been when you sent me a nasty letter saying that they sent me a quote and I never responded. And of course I never received a letter from them in the first place. The second strike was when we try to take delivery of a new car and they do not work on weekends. Third strike was when they asked me for proof that I’ve got a new vehicle, otherwise I have to do photo inspection. A week later I receive a nastygram from them saying that they never got proof of new vehicle from me. Instead of proving it to them that I sent I just went ahead and did photo inspection. I also get a receipt of inspection from the inspection place guy and watch him to personally upload to Bristol West.

The last strike was another nastygram two months later, reminding me that I never did the inspection and they will terminate coverage for that car in a week. Then I went shopping, and much to my surprise I got coverage from a reputable company (I dealt with them when their insured hit me a few years ago and I was happy with the experience). And guess what - no photo inspection needed. And better liability (twice), lower deductible (500 instead of 750) and most importantly: 1/3 less premium!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Co, very rude about charges put on account, this was always paid in advance & they chose to add bogus charges for additional money, $50 charge for cancelling policy & another $28 for stopping bank draft. Account opened on 13th of month closed on 12th. Should not have be any additional charges.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Don’t go with this company! Worst insurance ever! Rude. Are the worst to file a claim with, almost impossible to get a hold of anyone! & your claims adjuster, I had an adjuster name Ryan. He was extremely rude. I had to tell him several times not to be so rude, he's an interrogator, a name caller, attacked me verbally, said I was making threats because I asked him a questions, like how much longer before I know about my car and will the rental car be covered because it states that in my policy. Ryan acted as if I was upsetting him, annoying him, & threatening him, because I was asking questions, meanwhile the claim's taking forever, over a month, I'm paying for the car, & car insurance. SMH.

I’ve done everything they ask me to do, statements, faxes, emails, pics, no replies, just one letters says I have to pay for this & that. They try to stick you with every fee they can stick you with, will try to accuse you of things you didn’t do, lie on you & to you! & give you a car that is a total loss. They will do anything to anyone. They do not care at all about customer service. The rudest people. I don’t how they are still around and allowed to treat and do this to people! Paying so much for car insurance. I have never paid so much for insurance. I have no tickets. Excellent driving record. This claim is not my fault. I’m well over 25 paying 288 a month. The most I’ve ever paid. SMH.

Switching. Never going with company again! Never get this insurance! They will ignore you and treat you horribly. Do not go with this company. I wish I would of read the reviews before I went with this company, and I wish I didn’t have to file a claim at all! They make a unfortunate situation a nightmare. Get a lawyer if you have to file a claim!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was charged $266 per month for 1 car, a Honda Pilot. I have only 1 point on my record. I just switched to Wawanesa Insurance with higher coverage and lower deductible for $109 per month. I tried calling Bristol West to cancel and was put on hold for over 30 minutes, and was told that I would have to pay $50 to cancel my policy although I have had my policy with them for over 2 years. Their website seems like it hasn't been updated since 1999 and doesn't help answer any questions one might have. Beware of this insurance company, they prey on their customers.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Their insured, Mr **, rear ended my vehicle which re ended me. This was a few weeks before I was about to go on vacation in which I need my vehicle to pull a trailer. The adjuster was originally friendly and they accepted liability. I sent in the estimate from my shop, easy repair plenty of time to get it fixed before vacation. Then one excuse after another that they were not ready to get it fixed. Finally, the week before my vacation, they are ready, but I will now need a rental car to pull my trailer.

Rental car companies don't rent vehicles for towing, because of liability. I arrange for my brother in law to pull my trailer, and I'll rent a passenger van and carry all the people. After initially having the rental approved, I was then told they would only cover an SUV since that is what my vehicle is. Then they back peddled again and said, they will only cover the rental for the time of the repair, so I would need to drive back 200 miles in the middle of my vacation and drop off the rental or pay $1200 for the additional time. I talked to a supervisor who told me this was not his problem. I'll need to sue if I want anything out of this company. Seriously, You do not want anything to do with Bristol West.

Original review: June 15, 2018

In brief summary, Bristol West Insurance's insured, Ms. **, hit my vehicle while travelling through the State of Tennessee. Ms. ** apologized profusely for banging my vehicle and attempted to give me money for the damages. Money never exchanged hands. All of this was told to Bristol West Insurance. When I returned to Illinois, I took my vehicle to Athenian Body Shop in Chicago Ridge, Illinois and I filed a claim with Ms. ** insurance, Bristol West Insurance. The claims adjuster, Ms. **, indicated that my damages would be paid and this was also communicated to the Body Shop personnel. The vehicle was later inspected at the body shop by Bristol West's representative and they approved a supplemental.

Two months later, the body shop personnel called and said Bristol West refuses to pay. They told the body shop personnel that I was aware of this decision. I have not spoken to any representative at Bristol West since the claims adjuster told me the damages were approved. This was a blatant misrepresentation. Bristol West Insurance company's representatives approved the repairs and after the repairs were made, they changed their mind. None of this was communicated to me and they never told me the reason for the change. They told the body shop that "liability" was the issue. This was discussed prior to the approval of the damages. In addition, Bristol West was provided a copy of the police report. It seems as though this company cannot be trusted. It appears as though its representatives have no integrity and are not honest.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Worst insurance company ever!! My daughter was in an accident April 21 2018 and it happened on a Sat. Well guess what? They're not open on Saturdays and you file a claim online or wait until Monday, We needed a rental and guidance, certainly they fell short... I have rental for 30 days supposedly on my insurance policy! Well we were told, "7 days find a new car!!!" They are not helping with the fight against the State Trooper who has politely messed up the police report with inaccurate findings, no help whatsoever. Having GENERAL insurance seems like it has to be better than this crackpot company... DO SOMETHING BRISTOL WEST, CAUSE OF NOW YOUR REPUTATION IS TRASH...

Original review: June 1, 2018

After trying for weeks I am unable to reach anyone in sales or customer service. I have verified that the phone number is correct but only get a recording. An agent for the company can only give me the same phone leading to the same recording. I tried the claims service phone no. but only received an out of the country answering service which could take accident information which they forward on to someone in the states. They also could not give me any phone numbers for Bristol West. I question whether they even exist and I'll contact the insurance commissioner for Washington state.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I was in an accident on March 28 with a driver that has Bristol West Insurance, I have never had to deal with a company that lies and has the worse customer services EVER! The police report came out over a month ago showing that their driver was at fault! Witness statements and CHP have him 100% at fault but they the claim is still under review as of yesterday. Yesterday when I spoke to the claim adjuster she FLAT out lied and said she has left messages for me to call her and I asked her what number she had for me, she gave me the incorrect number, which I have updated with her at least 6 times. Here is the kicker. I called the number she said she has called and left messages for me AND THAT NUMBER is discounted! I have never been lied to like I have been by this company! I have FARMERS INSURANCE and they have been great thru this whole claim!!! BUT NADA AT BRISTOL HAS BEEN THE WORST EVER!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I received information from 21st Century Insurance that the company was changing to Bristol West Insurance. I went to the website and handled everything that needed to be changed to switch over to the new company. I filled in all the information for the account numbers to auto pay the policy and received confirmation that everything had been submitted. I was out of the country for two weeks and when I returned home and picked up my mail there was an envelope with all my policy information and an envelope with a cancellation notice. Evidently one of the digits for the auto pay account number was off so the policy was cancelled.

When I called to rectify the problem and see about getting the policy reinstated I was told that nothing could be done to reinstate the policy and I would have to get a new quote. When I called to get the new quote the policy amount was three hundred dollars more than the original policy amount. It was obviously more convenient and far more beneficial financially to Bristol West not to reinstate my policy. I have since purchased a policy from a different company. I must add that this experience just reinforces the poor reputation of insurance companies of not only Bristol West but also Farmers Insurance company / 21st Century Insurance.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased basic liability insurance for my car and paid every month on time until I found out that the $108.00 per month I was paying was well overcharged when I got a quote from State Farm that would only charge me $28 per month for the same car. So I decided to go with the better deal and enrolled in State Farm. I asked the State Farm lady, “Do I need to go down there and tell Bristol West anything since I'm switching to State Farm”, and she said I shouldn’t have to because they will see that you’re insured by State Farm online. So I paid State Farm that low cost for the same thing Bristol West charged me 5 times the price that State Farm charged me. So do you blame me? I was happy about my new rates and Bristol West text me and said they cancelled my policy.

Until I get a letter from Bristol West that says I owe them $108.00 for a past due amount and I got a letter from a collection agency saying I owed the amount and they would affect my credit. The problem is I was paying in advance for insurance with Bristol West so why do I owe anything especially if I didn’t pay for coverage and switched to State Farm during the billing period they say I owe? I was covered by State Farm during this time and opted out of Bristol West! So as far as I'm concerned they are fraudulently charging for insurance policies. I will never deal with Bristol West or Farmers insurance ever again. They are ripping people off and now I’m stressed out worrying about a collection agency and have to work early. This is terrible that they would do this to me.

That’s their true colors so heed the warning. State Farm is much much better. I don’t know what to do but worry until I call them. I'm on a tight budget and don’t need this fraudulent charge sent to a collection agency. I paid in advance for my first month so why do I owe anything if I didn’t pay and was cancelled while switching and being covered by State Farm. State Farm said there is a website that all insurance agencies can see who my provider is. I was told since I let it run out instead of calling them that, that’s why Bristol West (Farmers) charged me. I just bought a house and a new truck and still have my car that needs repair and a full time job with so much going on that I don’t need to be harassed for leaving them. Somebody please help!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I totaled my car. It’s been almost 14 days and I still have no idea what is being covered between insurance and gap. No one can give me any answers on almost any of my questions regarding my coverage. Insurance stopped paying for my rental but I still haven’t even been called by insurance to tell me I needed to return the rental or to tell me what was covered. Also found out I’ve been paying almost double with this company compared to some big insurance companies and I don’t have that great of a driving record. Will be changing insurance carriers as soon as I get this total loss resolved. Very disappointed after paying almost 300$ a month for 3 years. I will also never recommend Bristol West or Foremost. Total waste of time. Total lack of communication.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Sunday morn 2:00 a.m. I awoke to my 2015 Nissan Rogue ablaze. The car, what remains is a puddle of metal. I contacted the company and was line for 48 min. waiting to make a claim. After about 40 min of wait I went online and made a claim, complete with a series of photos. Just as the claim number and the name of the agent who was assigned my case came up and rep came on the line. I explained my car was gone and I had just completed a claim online. She verified the claim number and the name of agent assigned. I heard from no one.

Midday Monday I called the agent myself. Got answering machine, I left a message. All day I stayed close and checked email, phone text and phone. No contact. I left another message a few hours later. And a third. I tried twice to contact customer service and I kept getting connected to agents phone machine. I live in the country with no access to taxis, buses, subway etc. It is Tuesday, 1:00, I have a no car and have yet to hear from this agent!

Original review: March 5, 2018

I was with 21st Century for many years before they became Bristol West 2 months ago. They wanted to charge us more than what we had been paying before but we were able to negotiate the price down to $282 (still more than what we had been paying and we lost our free towing). At the end of the month they tried to charge us $432, when we called for an explanation they told us it was because we hadn't signed the necessary forms. We got the forms sent to them that same day and yet they still told us we needed to pay the ridiculous amount of $432. So, of course, we decided to cancel our policy and switch to a different company. They charged us $116 to cancel our policy. We couldn't understand why but after being threatened with being sent to collection and ruining our credit we were forced to pay it. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

This is the only company I know that not only charges higher rates for accident free drivers, but charges anywhere from a floating fee of $10-15 a month to send you an invoice. I would avoid them at any cost unless you like paying a premium for poor quality & service.

Bristol West Insurance Company Information