Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Bristol West Insurance offers multiple auto insurance coverage options to customers in all 50 states. Bristol isn't part of the InsuraMatch program that powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Call InsuraMatch to get your personalized quotes from all their verified partners.

BOTTOM LINE

Bristol West Insurance is a member of the Farmers Insurance Group, one of the biggest insurance companies in the United States. Reviewers say the claims process is fast and efficient. Bristol West offers standard and optional coverages with personalized service and specializes in insurance options for high-risk drivers.

PROS

• Low down payment options
  • Product sold by local agents and brokers
  • Standard, comprehensive and optional coverage options
  • 24/7 online claims filing
  • SR-22 or FR-44 options available

CONS

• A few customers reported unexpected price increases
  • Some customers experienced a delay while getting a quote

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Bristol West Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Worst claims department. How can you knowingly avoid calling back for over 3 weeks. Unable to get anyone on the phone ever. ALSO YOUR AUTOMATED CALLING SERVICE SUCKS!!! Hope your company goes under.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I had a hit and run happen to me, and I was able to take down the license plate. I called the cops and made a report. A day later, I get a call from Bristol saying they do not have the report and that if I wanted, I could use my own insurance to pay for the damages and they will refund me the deductible through the other insurance. My car did end up getting up fixed through my insurance, but they still kept insisting they never received nor have the report. If I wanted it to move along faster, I’d have to go in person to get the report from the police and send it to them. This accident happened January 2019 and it is the end of the year already, I still do not have my deductible back.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I've dealt with other insurance companies for over 30 years, and Bristol West stands out -- AS THE SLOWEST to approve a claim. The woman insured by them, backed into my wife's parked vehicle - while she was at work. It's now 12 days since the accident. No repair in process, no rental. They've gotten the photos, quotes, etc from repair centers, and I've called them dozens of times. They haven't approve the rental or the repair. Next call is the lawyer. I personally, hope I never have to deal with them again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My car was damaged (eventually totaled) by an insured with Bristol West three weeks ago today. I’ve never in my life gone through such a lengthy process to finalize everything through an insurance claim. The gal I dealt with on the phone was the only positive out of the whole experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had my payment to be taken out of my account automatically on the 12th of the month. But I got paid on the 15th. So my bank denied the payment, causing them to charge me $25.00 plus my fee, $67.51. I called and received no help at all. The person I spoke with stated"You can call when you get paid but until then you have no insurance and you will be charged another $6.00 for a processing fee. I'm going to AAA or Met life, they care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bristol West Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

You can't make partial payments online. Their customer service reps are terrible. Im a paying customer and they treat me bad. Just not a good company. I'm not satisfied. I will switch as soon as my policy ends.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

A relative got into an accident with my vehicle. There was an app that they used to send insurance pictures, within a couple of days, agent came back and told me not only the outcome of the claim (total loss) and my options. Once I decided they sent the check that very day. The agent was super friendly and walked me through everything.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My car was damaged by a Bristol West insured driver almost 2 months ago and the body shop I choose has not finished my car yet so they decide Nov 2 was the last day they pay for my rental. Now I'm stuck with my only car in the shop and no way to work. ** this company. I'm calling my lawyers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Worst experience ever. Thieves. And this is coming from a guy whose grandpa owned the biggest farmers branch in Arizona for the last 20-30 years and spoke at all the big company meetings. These people are crooked as they come. Tried to cancel my policy and got hung up on 3 times before getting someone to cancel it! Staff is incredibly rude and now they are trying to charge me a $20 paper fee when everything was supposed to be digital and I never received a single paper from them because they typed my address in wrong on the policy! Worst company I’ve ever dealt with. Go to Liberty Mutual, their coverage and pricing is better and the agent I’m dealing with now is polite and takes care of things in a timely manner. Or National General was always good to me as well. Bristol West sucks.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

My car and myself were injured in an accident five-car accident mind you and Bristol West was the insured. It's been 90 days as of today. No one will contact me for any type of payment. I am disgusted. My car is totaled on the right side basically and no one cares. I'm disgusted.

Take a Quiz