Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes
1.72/5

Amica Auto Insurance

Amica sells home, life and auto insurance policies. They're not a verified partner of the InsuraMatch program at this time. Save time and call InsuraMatch to get quotes from all their partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Compare Quotes and Save

Find the Best Car Insurance

Get Quotes

BOTTOM LINE

Despite only recently coming on the national stage, many customers have been with Amica for more than two decades. The online-remote model allows for reduced prices, and the company has won awards for customer service and claims response. Customers like the availability of umbrella policies and multi-plan discounts.

PROS

• Ranked No. 1 by JD Power
  • Often allow you to pick your repair shop
  • Convenient online portal for sign up and claims
  • Offers other types of insurance all in one place
  • No depreciation deduction

CONS

• Some customers experienced a rate increase
  • No local agents

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

210 Amica Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I would rate my experience, so far as a 1 star. AMICA Auto Insurance is behind the times (Lake Oswego Office – Portland, Oregon). Let me set the stage for you... It’s been over 20 work days since the accident and the claim hasn’t moved forward. A customer of AMICA’S pulled out in front of me on my green light as I was entering the intersection, I supplied 15 photos and an Aerial photo of the accident… This is 100% their fault. My insurance company (FARMERS) took my statement the next day on the phone and have made numerous calls to follow-up on me and with AMICA. AMICA has your mail in the information (more delays)... Really, it’s the digital age. In today’s market it’s all about customer service and taking care of the customer. I’ll do a follow-up review with the second half of my experience. CLAIM # **.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Unfortunately, I was not able to rate 0 the Amico. Amico sent me the advertisement mentioned we are pre-screened for the insurance. Based on the application, I filled the forms online, got a quote and then call Amico to finalize the purchase of the insurance. Suddenly the representative informs me, that our driving record does not fit to Amica policy and they would not be able to provide insurance. It was a surprise since all the information was in the application. So, Amico falsely claims we are pre-screened, sent a false quote and as a result wasted a lot of my time. So, for my experience, worse insurance company I ever deal with.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Just received a mailing that I could save money by switching to Amica. Mailing states on average customers save $593. With that I started my online quote. My current insurance with two vehicles, perfect driving record, no claims, etc...is about $1,400 a year. MY AMICA QUOTE IS $11,048.34! OMG. I thought it was a mistake so I called the number. "Nope, no mistake," she said. "We are a premium insurance co. that will have a higher premium because of it." You can see where this went, Nowhere. Like talking to a wall. Maybe some of you are paying premiums like that. Not me.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Eric. We saw your review and would like to look into this. Would you mind sending an email containing your full name, address and phone number so we can investigate? Thanks. –Andy

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I switched insurance companies when I was near the end of my term with Amica. They sent me a bill for me to renew. When I called them to explain that I switched (My new insurance company must not have contacted them.) While I was waiting for them to get back to me, they put me in collections!!! I now owe them $41. I'm debating about paying it. If they already wrecked my credit rating, I may not. They ruined any chance of my ever having them for an insurance company again.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Jay. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email with your contact information and a representative will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I was hit by a guy who has Amica Auto Insurance. At the scene I got a video recorded statement of him saying he left his lane and swerved into mine hitting my truck. We had a report done and he gave the Trooper two different stories of what happened. I filed a claim with Amica at the scene. Over a week later and I had not heard anything. Finally after calling 3 times, an appraiser came out and said I would hear something in a day or two. That came and went. I called again and left a voicemail for Hunter ** who was assigned the case. She didn't call back.

I called again the next day and emailed her. She said she could not open a zip file or a Google Drive file to watch the video I recorded at the scene of the driver claiming fault so that was it, a too bad situation. Then she says they haven't decided fault because the policyholder still has not called them back, now over 2 weeks after the crash. What a joke, I have never seen an insurance company treat people like this. I'm so glad I don't have them as my insurance, no telling what would happen...

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Daniel. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. We’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Auto Insurance?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I've been an Amica customer for over 3 years and have three policies - homeowners and car in CA and landlord in NJ. I received my auto renewal and the premium increased over $500 for the Feb 2019-2020 period. My husband and I have three cars covered; we are good driving records, filed no claims and drive less than 10K miles total.

I called Amica to find out why the premium increased $500. It was difficult to get someone in the state of CA on the phone. I waited almost three days. The person I spoke to had no clue why the policy increased other than the rate (not set by Amica) for one of the cars increased by $50. I get nominal rate increases but over $500 in 1 year is ridiculous. Underwriting should review their renewals for drivers with good driving records, no claims and multiple policies. I will be leaving Amica and moving all three policies for bad underwriting, expensive policies for good customers and their inability to explain premium increases.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Alesha. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send us an email with your contact information and we’ll have someone contact you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Russell ** who has insurance with Amica should have to pay for me to have another car for he rammed into mine on 01/04/2019 and now I am without a car permanently. He was careless and driving on the wrong side and my car was parked. He then brought back a broom to cover up any evidence. Never was going to check if anyone was home.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Marianne. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send us an email with your contact information and claim number and we’ll have a representative contact you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My policy with Amica was the only experience I've had with renters insurance. I don't know if my being a new policyholder has had anything to do with how things have happened... Although I guess really that shouldn't matter. I made a claim on my renter's insurance policy for theft. It occurred on Sunday December 23rd 2018, just before Christmas. I have course called the police, made a report and notified Amica a few hours later. The following morning I received an email confirming that they had received my claim, but then was unable to reach anyone or get a reply from anyone for close to a week following.

The following Monday, in response to several emails and messages sent through their claims portal online, I did receive an email stating that an adjuster would be contacting me to set an appointment to come to the house. I spoke with the adjuster later that afternoon and we made an appointment for Wednesday January 2nd 2019. I guess I was anticipating someone coming and going over what had happened, taking a look at things and that would be the end of the claim, it would be taken care of and be resolved. It turned out to be a recorded interview and I was asked a lot of very specific questions about my children, their father, what my income was last year and whether I had ever had a car repossessed or a home foreclosed on. By the time it was done it felt much more like a recorded investigation.

I had thought in reviewing the coverage after this happened that I had a policy that provided replacement coverage. For each item that was on my property list that I turned in to Amica I needed to provide the date each item was purchased and what the age of the item was at the time of the incident. Never having made an insurance claim before I was unsure exactly what would be needed so I tried to leave things as they were in the area where this happened until someone could come to the house and do what they needed to do.

During this time I could not completely shut or lock my back door. I had made Amica aware of this. It took a week and a half for them to send someone out. If I had known a week and a half ago that I was going to have to pay to replace the back door and put a new lock on I would have just went ahead and done it and not had to worry about a door to the house being unlocked.

At this point I don't know what is going on or what to expect. I am guessing, would hope, that this is not standard for Amica customer service. When I was dealing with the representative that sold me the renter's insurance policy he was telling me about all of the Superior Services that Amica had to offer and how well, and quickly, they react to the needs of a policyholder. Unfortunately it just has not been my experience. My first experience with having renter's insurance coverage or dealing with a company for renter's insurance has not been a good one.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Amica is extremely responsive and professional. My parents were lifelong customers, I and my husband are lifelong customers, and we’ve had to call them on only a rare few occasions compared to how many years we’ve been paying in. They’ve never given us the runaround, and are always extremely helpful and caring.

Amica Auto Insurance response

We're so glad to hear that you're pleased with your insurance, Dina! We're proud to provide our customers with the exceptional customer service that they deserve. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

John **, an Amica client rear ended my car on July 3rd. Amica will not pay my claim/damages done to my car for reasons that are misunderstood. I will be seeking legal advice this Friday. If you are not at fault, why does he not pay, he’s liable.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I was informed by Amica that California has a new law which states if you do not return a form to them, they by law have to match your insuranced motorists coverage to your uninsured motorists coverage without your permission. As they told me on several calls, they can’t do anything because it’s a new law. We didn’t want to change anything about our coverage so we never returned the form because we wanted it to stay the same. For the past 3 months we’ve been getting overcharged by almost a $100 a month, because they matched our high insured coverage to our not as high uninsured motorists coverage. I was told they are not going to return any of the extra money I was charged without my permission due to this new law.

After calling the California Department of Insurance and finding out through them that no such law exists, they told me to go to their website and file a complaint because they are breaking the law. Here is the link to file your complaint: **. They need to reimburse all of us for their ridiculous mistake that the company has been greatly profiting on illegally. I highly suggest anyone else that has been getting overcharged to go on that website and file your complaint because this is wrong. And by the way we’ve been with this company for years and we’ve been very happy and I completely trusted them and I believed what they told me about this “New” California law until I spoke to several friends about it and then I decided to call the Department of California Insurance to find out they are 100% wrong. I wish I knew how to respond to the postings on this page but I can’t figure it out. So I hope you all get a chance to read this. Good luck!

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Kassandra. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your full name and contact information and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Despite not having submitted a single claim (other than very infrequent windshield replacement), nor any moving violations or other negative marks, Amica has consistently raised our Auto Insurance rates by $400 annually. There are only 2 drivers - my spouse and I, on 2 vehicles - both purchased new in 2014. In 2018-Dec, we were notified that Amica is switching us from a 12-month policy to a 6-month policy. This decision offers the policyholder NOTHING but gives a great advantage to Amica to revisit rates 2x per year. After being a loyal customer for 10+ years, I can no longer afford to insure with Amica and am seeking new coverage elsewhere.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your name and contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am a customer of Amica. I purchased a used pick up truck on 11/17/18. After completing all the paperwork I contacted Amica again to make sure they provided coverage on my "new" truck.” I write "again" because I called & spoke with one of their reps prior to purchasing to see what I needed to do to make sure I had coverage when I left the lot. I spoke to R. ** & he informed me that the dealership needed to provide a bill of sale OR sales window sticker before they would issue me an insurance card & provide coverage. He explained to me that if we didn't do this we would have had to have the vehicle inspected. Since we provided the info he released the cards & informed me we were good to go & were all set. FYI, the dealership would also not allow me to leave without the insurance card to show my coverage so obviously this was very important.

The dealership immediately emailed the bill of sale to R ** & he responded with emailing back the insurance card/cards to the dealership who then handed them to me. Fast forward to 12/6/18 I received a certified letter from Amica reading that they had suspended my "physical damage coverage" & that I was no longer insured for physical damage to my ("your") car. The letter went on to read that "The coverage will be restored when your vehicle has been inspected." Imagine my surprise to receive this letter since I was told by R ** on 11/17 that I was "good to go", that my premium would increase a bit, which I understood, & I would receive an email stating the additional amount due in a couple of weeks. I have since received that email.

I called Amica on 12/8 & spoke to William ** & explained how I had received the letter. I also explained to him that I was frustrated & upset to receive the letter after I had been told the above info from R **. He informed me that there was no record of anyone receiving any of this information but that if I could send him the bill of sale this would waive the "suspension". On the same day, 12/8 I emailed William ** the "Retail Installment Sale Contract" which I was told was not what he was looking for. I told him all of the paperwork I had from the transaction & he wrote I could send him a "BOC" or the window sticker & this would take care of what they needed. I asked what a BOC was & he said a bill of sale.

Since I didn't have anything that read "bill of sale" I went to the dealership the next day (12/9), which I shouldn't have had to do since I already was told this was taken care of, to get a copy of what was sent on 11/17 to R ** originally. The dealership rep remembered me & what they had to do for Amica because they claimed they never had to do this with any other insurance company even though it had been more than 3-weeks since I was there. They pulled up the email & printed out the bill of sale which I then emailed to William ** on 12/8 at 4:45pm. By the way, the "bill of sale" they printed & said they emailed was a form I did have called a "Buyers Order Agreement". Not sure where the BOC comes from but anyway...this is the same form which R ** responded was what he was looking for on 11/17 so he could release the insurance cards.

This was when I spoke to him on the phone at the dealership to make sure it was what he was looking for from us. William ** finally responded to me 2-days later on 12/10 at 5:58pm to ask me to forward him the response email from R ** from 11/17. Instead of telling me he received the bill of sale from me, that everything was good & that my insurance was no longer suspended by them, he wanted a copy of the email response from R **? Here I am with what they're telling me is suspended coverage when I need to drive my vehicle! He's more interested in receiving a forwarded email from one of his cohorts!!! I need to know my insurance coverage is reinstated!!!

On 12/11 8:14am I forwarded William ** the email response to me from R ** that contained the insurance cards, which I had already received from him through the dealership when I went back there to talk to them about this whole episode. Yesterday, 12/12 at 9:12am I gain sent another email to William ** to say that now that I have sent the bill of sale am I all set (again???)? As of this time I still have not received confirmation from William **, or ANY Amica rep for that matter, that I again have full coverage!!! I would venture to say stay away from Amica if this is how they treat their "customers". I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point other than write this review to alert others.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Joe. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. We’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I am an AMICA auto policy holder. I recently had an accident which was not my fault. AMICA covered the claim under my uninsured motorist coverage. The repairs were over $19,000. After the car was repaired I got an appraisal from a certified auto appraiser who stated the "diminished value" cost on my car was $8,000 because it had such a large repair bill and folks would pay less for my car now because of it. AMICA offered me $2300 without ever hiring an appraiser but by using some ridiculous and illegal method whereby they used a formula to come up with the amount. I now have to sue them to get the rest of my money. Awful experience -- already going to terminate my coverage with them.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Bruce. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. We’ll have a representative contact you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

If I could give zero stars, I would. We spoke with a representative [Michael **] and he got us set up for a policy on a house we're planning to close on. We waited for confirmation on the policy, and waited, and waited. As the closing date approached, we received a call from him saying to give him a call back, no big deal. We did, no return call. Tried multiple times over the next four days. Nothing. Sent emails, called again. Find out through another call [again still can't get a hold of Michael] that they just need confirmation that we'll handle a small bit of leftover mold [which our inspector said was not a problem] within 30 days of closing. Sure thing! We'll handle that. Meanwhile, our loan officer is trying to get a hold of them as well to finalize details. Finally get a call TWO DAYS before closing to hear they will not be able to insure us. Thanks AMICA for making home buying so stressful! We'll be sure to let everyone know how "helpful" you are.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Lauren. This is not the experience we want you to have and we’d like to discuss your experience with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have a representative get in touch with you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Amica increased my auto insurance premium by $80.00 for 2019. Perfect driving record; no tickets and no accident claims ever paid for on my policy. I have been with them for a while now. Reached out to customer service; she basically said "oh well, 80.00 is not a lot of money anyway". Time to go looking for auto insurance!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Really ripped me off. I called Oct 27 to lower my premium for the month of November. The sales rep said it was too late in the month to change the policy for November, but it would be applied to December. I was charged my higher rate for November, and not my lower rate for my new premium until today. However, I was rear ended two weeks ago and they have charged this new premium is applied to the month of November even though I paid the higher amount. Basically, I get less even though I paid more. Their excuse over the phone was "The bill was already sent out." But they don't bill retroactively! This makes no sense. Don't go with Amica, they are blatantly trying to get your money.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Courtney. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I began auto and home insurance for my family with Amica in1977. Throughout our time with the company we were loyal and highly responsible drivers and owners and I was solely responsible for recommending Amica to no less than 20 friends shopping for insurance. Without consultation or notice, one day in 1997 we received a letter stating that they were dropping us. No recourse. Since then I am happy to say that when I’m asked about auto and homeowner's insurance (and I’ve been asked at least 100 times since then). I tell people ACBA - Any Company But Amica!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We have been with Amica for a dozen years but will be leaving them based on our bad experience with an underinsured motorist claim. Our son was just 19 when he was rear ended by a drunk driver traveling 55 mph. He had tears to the disks in his neck and now lives with chronic neck pain. Amica’s adjuster never even asked to meet our son or even speak with him or any witnesses who know how this injury has hurt him so much. They offered only a pittance for what will be a lifetime of neck pain. They use to be a caring company but not anymore.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Rich. This is not the experience we want you to have. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your full name, claim number and contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have been with AMICA for auto and home insurance for 15+ years. Today I received a letter without any consultation or notice that my auto insurance will not be renewed due to claims history. I have 5 cars insured other than 2 accidents one of which was minor. The other claims were for windshield damage. As a long time customer, this is a pretty bad business decision. I would never recommend them to anyone. The word will be spread and I look forward to a relationship with a new company. They never even mentioned my house in their letter. I'm glad they considered my homeowners when they rendered their decision. Based on my experience do not insure with them.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi William. Please know that we review each policy on a case-by-case basis and these decisions are never easy for us. We’ve passed your feedback along and wish you all the best in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been an Amica customer for 30 years but will be switching my insurance. One, they were inching up the replacement value on my home year by year. How am I suppose to know the replacement value. That is not the same as market value. I ended up getting money back for the current year only after they brought the value down by almost $80K. The replacement value is now $170K so they were that much too high.

Two, they upped my auto rate for opening two credit accounts. One for new tires and the other at home depot but never used. I have a perfect credit rating and they do not take that into account when submitting their formula to the state. I discussed it with three levels of management and the third, the director of the office where I live, was like talking to a stone wall. Also, they up the rates and I drive a 12 year old car with no electronics in the bumper. You don't get a break for older cars at Amica.

Third, I think because they don't use agents it is completely up to you to thoroughly scrub your renewal every year. Their person even said to me "it is a shared responsibility between Amica and the customer on policy renewal." That person has now retired. Yes, that is my responsibility, but every time you call you get a different person. They have a local office where I live and I have even gone to that office to get personal contact with someone who will look at my policies. I have my homeowners with them also and an umbrella policy. No more, will be changing companies shortly. Their policies are going up way too much each year.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Sarah. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Amica Insurance takes advantage of customers who don’t shop. This is a warning to ANY Amica customer. The agents are taught to blame it on the State however that is most often not the case. I once thought highly of this company but whomever is on their board of decision makers is all about taking advantage now.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi AJ. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your full name and contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Other insurance companies work FOR their customers, not AGAINST them. Not AMICA. No investigation of the facts whatsoever. They simply pay the claim and double (or triple) your premiums. In my case, there was a need to interview witnesses (personal friends of the other driver) who contradicted another, independent, witness. Additionally, the other driver violated NYS law. But AMICA had no interest in spending any time investigating the accident. I simply cannot recommend them to anyone.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Al. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your full name, contact information and claim number and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

On November 3rd 2017, my husband and I were rear ended on the highway by a woman that had state Minimum coverage. So my underinsured had to kick in. My attorney has been getting run around for over 5 months. They have to sign off on the offer the other insurance has offered before they will settle on their end. I was injured pretty badly and I am unable to work anymore so we have been in need of at least the other insurance company’s settlement. Here we are facing foreclosure and utilities being shut off all because someone will not do their job.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

The prices are good. The customer service is where they really excel and they have always made it easy when I filed a claim. They helped me avoid going to court when someone falsely sued me. The claims were settled quickly too.

Amica Auto Insurance response

We're glad to hear you've had a good experience with us, Michael. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

3 weeks ago I decided to switch to Amica for automotive insurance. A few days after switching I decided to cancel and go with a much cheaper provider. My fault I didn't do my homework thoroughly enough the first time. When I called Amica and canceled the policy the agent told me over the phone and in a email that I would have my refund by the weeks end. Well now it's 2 weeks later and nothing. The calls and emails to my agent have not been responded to. So today after calling customer service I have been told that accounting is still reviewing my payment and holding my money. The payment cleared my bank weeks ago. None of the customer service agents I've spoke with can give me the same answer regarding why accounting is holding my funds.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Ben. We understand that you spoke with a representative this morning regarding your concerns. We’re actively working on your account, but if there’s anything that you’d like to discuss with us further, please let us know and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been an Amica auto, homeowner and umbrella customer in Colorado for 1 year. I received renewals and was shocked by a 25% ($432) increase in my homeowner premium and a 20% ($229). I've not filed any claims for many years so that can’t be the reasoning for the steep premium increase. No auto claims and no liability claim either. I switched from Nationwide to Amica because of high ratings by customers who've had claims processed and THAT is why I believe my 25% increase is a result of. My inflation adjustment for my dwelling liability increased by >6%. But because Amica customers seem to get their claims paid in full, therefore customers who never file claims have to subsidize those payouts.

I don't know if Amica realizes that this high increase in premium on top of already high premiums will drive away responsible customers, leaving them with a smaller base of customers to spread the cost of payouts. Customers who stay with Amica would bear larger and larger premium increases as fewer and fewer customers purchase their policies. You'd think that with fewer customers, there would be fewer claims, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that Amica's reliably good claims processing is attracting less desirable risk, while driving away less risky customers. While I could increase my deductible I would not save much on the premium. As a result, it's good practice to shop around for insurance among the Consumer Reports other highly rated insurers.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Tom. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been an Amica customer for about 30 years. I have gone long periods without filing a claim, and then other times (mainly since my daughter started driving) I have had to file a number of claims, probably 6 in the last 5 years. When I've had auto body work, their vendors have been outstanding. One even drove to my house to pick me up to take me to their location half an hour away so I could get my car on the day promised. I have auto, home and an umbrella policy with them and it would take more than one really negative experience with them to make me change.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Thank you for trusting us with your insurance needs, Natalie. We're glad to hear that you've had good experiences with Amica, and we appreciate your kind review!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've been a huge fan and customer of AMICA for 35+ years. No longer. When I recently moved from a major city to a rural area [more pines than people], they told me my premium would increase 30%! I was shocked. I asked what the rationale was behind raising rates for someone who moves to a smaller community vs. living in a major city where there are more cars and more of a chance for accidents. They simply said, "because." If that's how you're treated after 35+ years, I can only imagine what happens when you're a new customer. AMICA has gone downhill in the last several years. Sad.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Wendy. We’d like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. We’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was relief to see that the lady who crashed my car in a car accident had Amica, because I thought it was one of best insurance base on Clark Howard's recommendations. I was so wrong, they do not call, does not return calls, very aggressive and do not follow up, so disappointed... Amica did not live up to the expectations.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Johanna. We’d like to look into this and have someone get in touch with you regarding this experience. Could you please email us at socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and claim number so we have a representative reach out? Thank you.

Amica Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Amica Auto Insurance was founded in 1907 and is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States. They scored an A++ rating from A.M. Best Company.

• Wide coverage range: Amica offers a complete range of coverage options, from vehicle, passenger, liability and comprehensive packages.

• Nationwide: Amica has 44 offices across the country, making them easy to contact and get support from.

• Discounts: They offer a number of great discounts, including those for people with multiple cars, as well as loyalty discounts for customers who stay with them over time.

• No new car loss depreciation deduction: They offer no deduction for depreciation when a new vehicle is declared a total loss within the first year of owning it.

• Roadside assistance: Amica also offers towing and labor coverage on the roadside to help drivers deal with unexpected breakdowns. They will also reimburse you for calling a towing company.

• Best for: Drivers with new cars and drivers with cars in poor condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky