Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.72/5

Amica Auto Insurance

Amica sells home, life and auto insurance policies. They're not a verified partner of the InsuraMatch program at this time. Save time and call InsuraMatch to get quotes from all their partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Despite only recently coming on the national stage, many customers have been with Amica for more than two decades. The online-remote model allows for reduced prices, and the company has won awards for customer service and claims response. Customers like the availability of umbrella policies and multi-plan discounts.

PROS

• Ranked No. 1 by JD Power
  • Often allow you to pick your repair shop
  • Convenient online portal for sign up and claims
  • Offers other types of insurance all in one place
  • No depreciation deduction

CONS

• Some customers experienced a rate increase
  • No local agents

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

243 Amica Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

AMICA is a little known strictly an online insurance company. "Consumer Reports "consistently rates AMICA number one or number two in the Country. I've been a client for over ten years and have founds their rates extremely competitive, their Customer Service beyond reproach, and their various coverages extensive. One caution though, when I first applied they were very careful to see if I qualified for their policies. In other words, they maintain such good rates and outstanding service by carefully selecting who they will or will not insure.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have been a customer of Amica for over 40 years; first auto insurance when I was 16 on my father's policy (who is also very satisfied lifelong customer). Then after college (I’m a Registered Nurse) I purchased my own policy... First for auto and in 1992 home and auto bundle. The company has always been excellent in every area; customer service, premiums are very reasonable, never felt as though I was being mistreated when filing a claim (in fact just as friendly and considerate when I had to file a claim as when I’m making a payment). I can’t understand all the negative reviews. My house was damaged by fire and heavy soot. Where most companies would have tried to pay to remove soot Amica realized it would have been a terrible house to live in and have been VERY generous in their damage estimates.

This is ongoing now and because there was nothing available to rent long term they are paying for me to live ON THE BEACH! The customer service is amazing. They actually have trouble reaching me at times but are very diligent. Money deposited into my account very quickly and within 2 days if the incident I had 10000 for any incidentals. In fact until I got into condo they paid for hotel and offered to pay for food since there wasn’t a full kitchen. I actually felt guilty and bought my own food. They have given an incredibly generous allowance for me to live while house is built.

To top things off 2 months ago I hit 4 deer and Amica didn’t blink an eye or raise my premium after paying out additional >$3000. Don ** is my General Property Adjuster and was my initial personal representative after the fire. From then until now he has been both professional and kind. During this difficult time I also lost my husband and at the risk of sounding dramatic he and Carla ** were a beam of light going above and beyond, showing kindness as not only employees but people who really care. (As well as everyone I have dealt with.) Were I not a nurse I would love the opportunity to work with this company!

The only possible reason I can come up with for all the negative reviews is that it is human nature to vent about our bad experiences. I noticed after each negative a representative from Amica reached out and I’d be willing to bet there was a resolution afterward... Too bad follow-ups aren’t seen. My email is **. If anyone doubts the validity of this review! Oh... Almost forgot; Amica works with Enservio as well as a company who helps in finding housing and they were amazing as well!

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We recently had some work done to our back deck which sits 12 feet of the ground and faces Mt. Washington in NH. Why I mention this anything on this side of the house takes a beating. As a qualification the railing parts alone cost $10,000. In doing the job they discovered Rot which had to be replaced. The bill eventually amounted to $37,000. I filed a claim with Amica who promptly sent an adjuster while the work was being done. The adjuster explained they limit their liability is $10,000 for rot. I received the check fairly quickly. This left me with $17,000 unplanned expenses to cover. So I would tell anybody to be careful of the limitations of the policy.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Amica is extremely responsive and professional. My parents were lifelong customers, I and my husband are lifelong customers, and we’ve had to call them on only a rare few occasions compared to how many years we’ve been paying in. They’ve never given us the runaround, and are always extremely helpful and caring.

Amica Auto Insurance response

We're so glad to hear that you're pleased with your insurance, Dina! We're proud to provide our customers with the exceptional customer service that they deserve. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been an Amica customer for about 30 years. I have gone long periods without filing a claim, and then other times (mainly since my daughter started driving) I have had to file a number of claims, probably 6 in the last 5 years. When I've had auto body work, their vendors have been outstanding. One even drove to my house to pick me up to take me to their location half an hour away so I could get my car on the day promised. I have auto, home and an umbrella policy with them and it would take more than one really negative experience with them to make me change.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Thank you for trusting us with your insurance needs, Natalie. We're glad to hear that you've had good experiences with Amica, and we appreciate your kind review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Auto Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We have been Amica customers for 17 years. I called recently to drop my 23 year old daughter from our policy and they refused until I proved she doesn't live with us. She hasn't lived with us for 5 years and hasn't owned a vehicle in over a year. I was told I had to prove a negative by providing proof of her being insured with another company and provide proof of her residence in another state. I provided both and was told it is under review. When I called again to ask what they needed to review and why they conveniently got disconnected. I'm done.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Amica is a good company but I left them because of a huge rate increase in my homeowners and auto policy. After I left I kept receiving bills for my auto policy and called many times to try to get them to address the mistake. So after I received a letter from the NCDOT saying that my insurance had lapsed, and I was required to turn in our auto license tags. After threatening Amica in going public with this issue, I finally got the attention of a rep who helped me get the issue resolved. I have Erie Insurance now and will probably never go back to Amica.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Ramona. We’re sorry we were unable to meet your insurance needs. Decisions regarding insurability are not always easy. We’ve passed your feedback along and we wish you the best. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have switched car insurance and now I've been with Amica the longest. Love everything. The rates, customer service. I receive good advice through my email. I provided them holiday cards reminders. Roadside service is great. The other offers I do not need yet.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Canceled 8/21/19 after 10 years loyalty that was never, ever reciprocated to me. Money grubbing ** with snot nosed CSR's who have no earthly clue about the needs of hard working individuals and their insurance needs. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Marc. We understand you spoke with a manager regarding your concerns. We are sorry we are unable to meet your insurance needs at this time. If you would like to discuss with us further, please let us know and we’ll have someone get in touch with you. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I received a mailer on how Amica can save me on auto insurance (as much as 50%). I go online to get a quote. I enter all my personal information for both me and my wife. Then I enter all the car information for my two cars. Then I hit 'Get my Quote' and receive error message that they cannot give me a quote online and that I have to call them to get my quote.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Vince. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Amica Auto Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Amica Auto Insurance was founded in 1907 and is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States. They scored an A++ rating from A.M. Best Company.

• Wide coverage range: Amica offers a complete range of coverage options, from vehicle, passenger, liability and comprehensive packages.

• Nationwide: Amica has 44 offices across the country, making them easy to contact and get support.

• Discounts: They offer a number of great discounts, including those for people with multiple cars, as well as loyalty discounts for customers who stay with them over time.

• No new car loss depreciation deduction: They offer no deduction for depreciation when a new vehicle is declared a total loss within the first year of ownership.

• Roadside assistance: Amica also offers towing and labor coverage on the roadside to help drivers deal with unexpected breakdowns. They will also reimburse you for calling a towing company.

• Best for: Drivers with new cars and drivers with cars in poor condition.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky