Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.61/5

Amica Auto Insurance

Amica sells home, life and auto insurance policies. They're not a verified partner of the InsuraMatch program at this time. Save time and call InsuraMatch to get quotes from all their partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Amica Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I came to Amica looking for car insurance. I've had a checkered recent driving history with 3 accident claims in the past 3 years, but I filled all of that information in during the process and they still gave me an amazing quote, far better than any other insurer so far. I just had to call the number to purchase what I thought was an amazing deal.

But when I called the number, the guy I spoke to ran my information and then told me that they couldn't even offer me insurance because of the 3 accidents on my record. WHY DIDN'T IT FLAT DENY ME ONLINE WHEN I PUT IN THE ACCIDENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE? This feels like a classic bait and switch and they just completely wasted my time. I will never even attempt to use this company again in the future. I'd give zero stars if I could.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Kevin. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send us an email at socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Clark Howard recommended Amica so I tried them a few times over the past 15 years. First year it would be OK and then you get hit with ridiculous price increases. Just to give a background, I have had Auto insurance for 22 years (with various providers) and not a single claim. Had Home insurance for 15 years (with various providers) and not a single claim. Rental property insurance for 3 years and not a single claim. Last year my Primary Home insurance with Amica is $1900 and when it came to renewal time, it jumped to $3k plus (about 52% increase). Same with the rental property (30% increase). No justification, nothing. We are doing it so we can.

So finally I've decided to switch to another company, before Amica Renewal comes up, where they are covering my Home, Rental Property and Auto for the same amount that Amica is charging for 1 home. Essentially I am saving over $2k just for staying away from Amica. Thank you Amica for finally forcing me to shop around and find someone who cares about the customer.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Prasad. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

During the process of getting a quote from an agent, he asked me if I had any firearms in my house. I replied "What does that have to do with anything?". He said, "We need to determine if you are a responsible gun owner". Who who they to determine if I am a responsible gun owner? That is none of their business and quite frankly, very offensive. That ended the conversation. Makes you wonder what their agenda is.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi John. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Many of our customers own firearms and we feel it is important to understand each individual situation in order to provide the appropriate coverages. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

In seeking new auto and home policies, I was required to give a list of my firearms. No American should answer this question, perhaps esp those who are unarmed. Must be another of those "woke," virtue-signaling companies. I'd rather pay a little extra for insurance protection than deal with this type of company.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Richard. We’re sorry we weren’t able to meet your insurance needs. Many of our customers own firearms and we feel it is important to understand each individual situation in order to provide the appropriate coverages. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact us at 800-242-6422.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We have been Amica customers for 17 years. I called recently to drop my 23 year old daughter from our policy and they refused until I proved she doesn't live with us. She hasn't lived with us for 5 years and hasn't owned a vehicle in over a year. I was told I had to prove a negative by providing proof of her being insured with another company and provide proof of her residence in another state. I provided both and was told it is under review. When I called again to ask what they needed to review and why they conveniently got disconnected. I'm done.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Sara. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Auto Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Amica is a good company but I left them because of a huge rate increase in my homeowners and auto policy. After I left I kept receiving bills for my auto policy and called many times to try to get them to address the mistake. So after I received a letter from the NCDOT saying that my insurance had lapsed, and I was required to turn in our auto license tags. After threatening Amica in going public with this issue, I finally got the attention of a rep who helped me get the issue resolved. I have Erie Insurance now and will probably never go back to Amica.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Ramona. We’re sorry we were unable to meet your insurance needs. Decisions regarding insurability are not always easy. We’ve passed your feedback along and we wish you the best. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have switched car insurance and now I've been with Amica the longest. Love everything. The rates, customer service. I receive good advice through my email. I provided them holiday cards reminders. Roadside service is great. The other offers I do not need yet.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Canceled 8/21/19 after 10 years loyalty that was never, ever reciprocated to me. Money grubbing ** with snot nosed CSR's who have no earthly clue about the needs of hard working individuals and their insurance needs. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Marc. We understand you spoke with a manager regarding your concerns. We are sorry we are unable to meet your insurance needs at this time. If you would like to discuss with us further, please let us know and we’ll have someone get in touch with you. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I received a mailer on how Amica can save me on auto insurance (as much as 50%). I go online to get a quote. I enter all my personal information for both me and my wife. Then I enter all the car information for my two cars. Then I hit 'Get my Quote' and receive error message that they cannot give me a quote online and that I have to call them to get my quote.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Vince. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I have been a long term Amica customer (8+ years) and have enjoyed excellent customer service when needing towing or roadside assistance. However, I am finding it difficult to get a firm price on a renewal premium. I was recently quoted a monthly price of approximately $133/month by an account rep for Amica. However, on-line there is a quote of $740. Is that a 6 month rate or a 12 month rate? Also, there are a number of discounts that I have not received on my policy. I don't have confidence in Amica's pricing on their insurance and while I still believe it to be an excellent company, I am retired and currently living on a very tiny fixed income. Therefore, I am looking around for cheaper quotes from other insurance companies. I would like to discuss how I can get a better rate on my insurance because the price is out of control.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Donna. We’d like to discuss this with you further. Please send an email with your contact information and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Amica Auto Insurance Company Information