2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

Amica sells home, life and auto insurance policies. They're not a verified partner of the InsuraMatch program at this time. Save time and call InsuraMatch to get quotes from all their partner insurance companies at once. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Compare quotes

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Compare quotes

Amica Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amica Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 23, 2020

When I initially switched to Amica, I saved $700 between car and house insurance. I'm not sure it rates are better than others now, and need to take the time to check. I used State Farm for several years but house insurance was extreme compared to Amica. I used Farmers for probably 25+ years until they became the highest around. They were excellent insurance, but changed. They could not touch other rates.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Sue. We'd be happy to discuss your policy with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your full name and contact information and we'll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2020

They harassed me to switch to their policy claiming they were cheaper than Geico, etc.... I finally gave them a call and was in for an experience. Nasty is an understatement. They wanted random documents proving all sorts of BS claiming that it was a "State Requirement". Somehow the 3 other insurance companies didn't know about this "State Requirement". When we finally got the quote, they were about 30% more expensive than my current insurance. I'm glad their reviews here are terrible. People should know and keep away. Be aware, it may look good, but when you need them you will be in serious trouble.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Avrohom. We’d like to discuss your quote with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I submitted a water damage claim and all estimates to Amica last fall. They deemed the issue mold and said they would only cover $10,000. While every contractor has said it was caused by wind driven rain. I have removed windows, fixed water damage and am virtually complete. I am out $64,000. My attorney is involved and we have sent the same estimates 1/2 dozen times. Still no resolve. After being with Amica for 30 years. This is not the same company, their rates have sky rocketed and service is horrible. Had no choice but to fix the house. They could care less.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I been getting 2 to 3 emails per day from this company. I was told to send an email to their customer service and they would stop the emails and nothing. I’ve sent them 2 to 3 emails asking to please stop the annoying emails and nothing. The emails come in a way that I can’t unsubscribe or blocked them. I can’t stand it and therefore I’m writing this review. I will never use them for car insurance and I’ll tell people and family not to use them as well.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Fred. Per your request, we've removed you from our mailing list. You will no longer receive emails from us. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I trusted great Web reviews and switched to AMICA last year for lower rates. Well, their application process was quite a gauntlet--lots of fuss and bother about details and verification. Now less than a year later, I get renewal notices that my auto insurance is being raised over 10%! And my home insurance nearly 20%!! Because of "market changes" in Maryland! Well, they're no longer even competitive in Maryland, let alone a bargain. And lucky for me Maryland requires a separate disclosure of rate hikes, because I would not have spotted it, having trouble even finding their Declarations pages buried in the wads of paperwork they sent.

As for their reputedly great service, when I called to double-check on these rate hikes, the smug kid on the phone responds to my complaint, "It's nothing personal." Well, it's personal to me. I feel fooled by a false reputation and disgruntled having to start all over looking for competitive rates in my "Maryland market"--which, by the way, I found on my first phone inquiry. AMICA is in business to serve itself, not you, seems to me.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi John. We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way, and we’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I never realized how overpriced Amica is. I just leased a new car and my policy went up again, so I decided it was time to look into new policies. I am now saving $70 a month by switching. After I called to cancel my policy I was told I would be getting a refund check for my policies up until the day I cancelled, and that billing would stop immediately. Three days later I was charged from them again, and they are refusing to refund the money. When I spoke to them they claimed I still owed them money for my policy, even though I no longer have coverage. One person I spoke to was shocked that I had set up a payment with Autopay directly from my bank, stating she didnt know Amica offered that service. I am so glad I cancelled, I wish I had done it sooner. Now, I just hope they return my stolen money.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been with Amica 5 years and Amica has never paid out on a claim. On this year's premium, 2020, they have increased my premium 36%, the highest that the insurance regulators for Colorado will allow. When I asked why they did this, I was told, "We can do whatever we want."

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Candace. We understand that you’ve had ongoing discussions with the manager of our Denver office regarding your concerns. If you have any outstanding questions or worries, we encourage you to contact them directly so they may be able to assist you. Thank you.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I've been a customer of Amica for almost 40 years, during which time I've purchased auto, homeowners and liability insurance and never once have been late with a payment. Last month the Amica invoice was delayed in getting to me because of a change to my address, and my payment arrived a few days beyond the due date. Immediately thereafter I received a terse, threatening and uncompromising letter stating that my insurance was scheduled to be cancelled. I would have expected that after 40 years without missing a payment they might have instead sent me a reminder that my payment was late, rather than a cancellation notice. It was very insulting and crude on their part, so I've reached out to a local agent who informs me that he can provide even better coverage at an annual savings of $900. Needless to say I'm switching. My recommendation is that you steer clear of Amica, they are over priced and uncaring towards their customers.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Richard. We’d like to discuss your experience with you. Please email socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Insured with them since 2007. After changing policy terms from 12 to 6 months, they're now able to increase rates exponentially and more frequently. Reason? Claims have gone up in Texas and they have to adjust for their losses. I've never had a claim and not so much as a traffic violation. Nice one Amica. You'll soon be history with me. Why only good reviews elsewhere? Because they're likely not legit.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Victoria. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and we’ll have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Amica is my insurance company (they won't be once this is over with) and I was rear-ended while completely stopped at a red light, by an uninsured driver. This was 3 WEEKS AGO. No one from Amica has come to look at my car because they are dealing with the uninsured driver's previous insurance company, who has been trying to contact the driver to "confirm" whether or not they had insurance. Of course they are avoiding their calls, but that is besides the point.

Amica should be taking care of THEIR CUSTOMER, BOTTOM LINE. I pay for uninsured motorist property damage coverage. They need to take care of their customer then deal with the other insurance company if the driver ended up having insurance. I don't know how on earth this company has so many great reviews. I thought Amica was supposed to have great customer service, but this has just been awful. I have been without a car for 3 weeks now (car is not drivable) and Amica has done NOTHING AT ALL besides make me wait. AWFUL EXPERIENCE, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AMICA TO ANYONE.

Amica Auto Insurance response

Hi Ashley. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you. Please send an email to socialmedia@amica.com with your contact information and claim number and we’ll have a representative reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Amica Auto Insurance Company Information