D.R. Horton Homes

D.R. Horton Homes

1.5/5 (88 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About D.R. Horton Homes

D.R. Horton is an award-winning, family-owned construction business headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The company was founded in 1978 and is now one of the largest homebuilders in the United States. Currently, D.R. Horton builds move-in ready houses in 29 states across the country. The houses are complete or nearly complete and available for immediate purchase.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Smart home devices
  • Move-in ready
  • Financing available

Cons

• No customization
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

D.R. Horton Homes are ideal for buyers who are ready to purchase but don’t want the hassle of customizing features. D.R. Horton offers energy-efficient features and smart home functionality.

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

D.R. Horton Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DR Horton Homes?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I brought this home in 2016. The experience was a 3 star and I accepted this as long as I had a good home. 2 years later I had a leak coming from the master shower drain which leaked into the first floor. I had to tear out the shower and what was discovered was poor construction in the shower. The shower liner under the tiles was full of nails which allow small amount of water to pass through. Also, the shower drain was not fully seated and had no silicone, it was only held together with mortar which only degraded over time. It's costing me 9000 dollars just to fix this and it is completely unfair.

This builder hires unskilled people whose only goal is to complete the building process as fast as possible. One advice is to stay away from this builder but if you do decide to go with DR Horton, it's better to hire an independent inspector paid by you who will monitor every phase of construction. You cannot trust this builder to do the right thing. In case you're wondering, this was outside my 1 year warranty but I still called them to have a look at it. They never called back but I called again, told them my issue and was ignored.

Original review: April 5, 2019

My husband and I live in Maryland and bought a new home from DR Horton in 2007. In less than 7 years the roof started leaking in various places -- in the upstairs hall, the master bathroom, master bedroom, and into our dining room. We had to replace a roof that was supposed to last 25 years! Also, our neighbors were also having roofing and HVAC issues.

In less than 2 years we started seeing nail pops and wall cracks. Very shoddy workmanship. It's obvious these "new homes" were slapped together as cheaply as possible to maximize profits. After the housing bubble burst, DR Horton pulled out and sold the vacant lots to a private investor without informing the community, leaving our neighborhood completely unfinished with vacant lots and unfinished roads. DR Horton subsequently set up in a more affluent county in Maryland where they sold the exact same models for 150k to 250k more.

After 12 years, our neighborhood is still unfinished because DH Horton deserted this community and sold the lots to someone who has no interest in finishing what DR Horton started. Those who couldn't sell are now renting out their homes. I will never buy another DR Horton home, and will tell everyone what horrible homes they are and about DR Horton's sneaky business practices.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I purchased a home back in March 2018. The grading on my lot was not done properly which is causing a pool of water to collect on both sides of my house every time it rains, I run the sprinklers or the neighbor runs their sprinklers. This has caused most of my grass to die out or have fungus. I submitted warranty claim back in 12/2018 about this issue and was told that French drains would need to be installed. I have called multiple times to get an update and keep getting told that they are waiting for the contractor to reach out. I call the contractor and they tell me they are waiting for DR Horton to reach out to approve the drains. I want this issue fix right away.

D.R. Horton Homes response

We appreciate you making us aware of your concern. A private message was sent to your Consumer Affairs account so that we can collect further information/details in order to assist you. We look forward to your reply.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We have been in our home over 6 months and were just recently able to get the work from our initial punch list completed. We have had to fight with the trades to get this accomplished, missed days from work and lied to over and over again. We had major issues, showers not caulked, flooring was replaced 2 times after move in because the awful product they continued to give us. Found out that both prior floors had been discontinued by the manufacturer yet they continue to use the product. Light fixtures more than a foot off, bowed walls and ceilings that required re-sanding/patchwork, every single corner in our home had cracks in the walls and repainting throughout the entire house WHILE WE ARE LIVING IN IT.

We were promised out sod was to be replaced shortly after move in because it was dead. I have emails and text backing that up. I was told to wait until spring and they would replace, now they are refusing. I have submitted pictures showing them the drastic difference from my backyard to my front yard and even the neighbor's yard and they are refusing to do the work that was promised to us.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I bought my brand new home in March of 2018. Very excited to say the least and like everyone else it has been a complete nightmare. Chimney falling off roof, MB Bathroom flooded twice due to poor plumbing, cracks in every possible seam, squeaking and vibrating floors, Microwave have condensation/released. There was no insulation, house is damp, need 3 dehumidifiers. I could go on and on the stress this has caused, has impacted relationships, health, money… Why is it so impossible to get any repairs done? I have left numerous messages, sent many requests for warranty and no is responding.

D.R. Horton Homes response

Original review: April 4, 2019

I bought my new home from DR Horton in July 2016. The only thing I still like about this builder was the price point compared to other houses in the region, since I already have over $100k in equity in 2.5 years as a result of growing market. I knew that I bought a starter house, but the sheer lack of quality, as I will detail below, would be unbelievable if I hadn't experienced it for myself.

The lot was HORRIBLE. I have now pulled out THREE volleyball-sized rocks from my ~2000 sq. ft. yard and I know of at least one more. I couldn't even use an auger to drill post holes for my fence because there was so much rock in the fill that DR Horton brought in (rather than excavating for the foundation and removing the excavated material, DR Horton just piled it around the foundation and brought in extra fill).

The framing/sheetrock/trim work is equally as horrible. I have walls that are noticeably bulged (one was blamed on the way the furnace drain was installed to the studs, and I was told it could not be resolved) or sucked in (one of these was a round-robin blame game between the framers, finishers, and sheetrock as to who ** up the install and was never resolved adequately). Their subcontractors have no respect for the end customer. I am still finding old cigarette butts and nails and screws and other left behind construction materials anything I need to do something in my yard.

I don't have any kids or dogs but the carpet that was installed has lost so much that I may have to replace it before it even makes 5 years. The laminate flooring has shifted so much that there are several 1/8 - 1/4" gaps between the butted edges of planks. The subfloor was installed so terribly that I have more squeaks than a rusty bicycle. The 2-car garage (which really isn't large enough to park two cars in AND be able to enter/exit the vehicles) has a grand total of TWO outlets (total of 4 plugs), both of which are at the back, so I am working on more outlets eventually. There is also 1 light for the entire garage, which is partially blocked by a header going across the garage and the garage door opener right below it, so I have to install an additional light so I can see in other areas of the garage when the door is shut.

Exterior doors have gaps and the only "fix" they would offer was a piece of wedge-shaped weather stripping that I was supposed to install. I can also feel a vast majority of the carpet tack strips when I walk around without shoes on, some have even punctured my skin. The master bathroom had no towel ring for a hand towel, and the second towel bar was across the room from the shower hanging over the top of the toilet. Yet, they installed a towel ring in both the guest bathroom and the powder room. I pulled out the oven to do some spring cleaning and found 2 baseball-sized holes near the base of the cabinets on one side, almost like when they were getting the cabinets into position someone toe-punched it a couple times. The grout/caulk that they used around the countertops in the kitchen and master bath has cracks in it even after they applied more during the one-year "touch-up" visit.

I had problems with adequate drainage on my lot and they brought in landscapers to fix the issue. They dragged their blade across the lot a couple times and left. The issue was not resolved. They blamed it on an unnatural amount of rain. The sod they used to landscape the front of the property is of such poor quality that I am considering removing it and reseeding it this summer because of how many holes there are in it.

If you need help with anything warranty related, you have to be on them every day until they respond. I made several contacts that went unanswered until I began to badger them constantly. I would email and call and leave messages and would not receive a response for weeks, even months. I don't usually write reviews if there is no reward, and even then it is not very detailed. But DR Horton is so horrible that I'm making an exception.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I bought my brand new home in October 2016 and had so many issues when I moved in. Opened a few cases with warranty department but just a couple of them fixed and the others closed without doing anything about them. The water heater is installed so close to the wall in garage that made the whole living room attached to that wall vibrate and shake all the time. They sent someone to come and look at it and nothing happened after.

The laminate floor was peeling in edges and they sent someone who had no knowledge of that. The cold water under sink and dishwasher kept shutting down and had to push it a few times to stay in its place. The cabinets are peeling and chipped in a few places. I had to change the dishwasher within a week I moved in due to the loud noise it had washing dishes. The issues are endless and not sure what will happen to this house by next year or so. I love my home but very disappointed and unhappy with the cheap quality material DR Horton is using to make their homes.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I purchased a new DR Horton home in 2004 and just recently ran into a small issue. This is 15 years after the purchase. I contacted S. CA customer service and was quickly contacted by the Regional VP that personally resolved my issue to my satisfaction. And overall I have found the home to be build to satisfactory quality and to my satisfaction.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We moved into a DR Horton new construction in August of 2018. The entire building process was a nightmare. The house was sheetrocked before the roof was put on and over half the house flooded and soaked all the sheetrock. The Sheetrock was then supposedly replaced after the roof was put on but there are areas we are unsure that it was replaced. One of the bedrooms that flooded is the hottest room of the house and remains 8-10 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. It has two exterior walls so we suspect that there is no insulation behind them. Our driveway was poured incorrectly and the concrete is reddish orange rather than white like everyone else’s. It is noticeable ugly.

We went back and forth with DR Horton and they had someone come paint the driveway and assured us it would last. A month later it was cracking all along the edges so they came and retouched up the paint making it a different color along the edges. Now a year later the paint is almost completely worn off and we are back to having a red/orange driveway. It is beyond frustrating having a brand new home that we paid a lot of money for and the quality is Terrible. I filed many warranty claims for the driveway issue and was blown off and told nothing could be done about it. My opinion is they got their Money for the house. They don’t care what condition it’s in after they are paid. I wouldn’t recommend a DR Horton home to anyone!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I bought my brand new home in May of 2017. Very excited to say the least and like everyone else it was a complete nightmare, dishwasher is horrible already had service call, roof leaking, carpet basically gone, cracks in every possible seam, kitchen floor was bowled, Kitchen counters a inch off the wall 4 service call, toilets not flushing, doorknobs wont locks, doors sticking, grass is horrendous, HOA is horrendous, windows drafty, heat has to stay on 75, Closet has no light, garage was not even complete had to pay $ 1300 dollar for that, deck is cracking and its stained, Bathroom counter coming off wall, house is damp need 3 dehumidifiers, I could go on and on the stress this has caused has impacted relationships, health, money... just simply listen to me and DON'T BUY FROM DR HORTON.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Why is it so impossible to get any repairs done? I have left numerous messages, sent many request for warranty and here I am 6 months later. I have a leaky pipe too. I am sure that's doing some damage to the house.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Bought and Moved into a DR Horton house 10 months ago, BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER DONE. As much as I liked the house and wanted to keeping doing so, the issues just keep happening. These houses are built by inexperienced people who know nothing about construction and are put together in a blink of eye with NO attention to details or quality whatsoever. We had grading issue on the side of the house that I placed multiple repair requests for to be fixed. After 5 months chasing DR Horton warranty, they finally came and repaired it, or did they?

One issue fixed, another arose. They placed a dirty sod that looked it was ripped off of a street. My yard was nicely flat, it is not anymore. I now have all kinds of weeds growing on that sod, it will be impossible to cure. Moreover, they installed two water collection boxes, water stands in these boxes 24/7, three feet away from house! You know where I'm going with this; summer and mosquitos are coming soon! that's a HEALTH HAZARD FOR MY KIDS RIGHT THERE!

My back door was wrongly placed during the building stages (someone missed a step), it was then repositioned to make room for kitchen cabinets. However, they forgot to reposition the kitchen pendant light, too close to island unlike other same model homes in the subdivision. My Master bedroom has 2 vents, all other homes of same model have 3 (another miss). Also, the ceiling fan in the master was not centered like the model home that is same as mine (another miss).

I recently started to hear the window in the loft rattles if someone is walking. I’m not heavy, neither is my wife, but that is just a poor construction flaw that I pray I can get one to look at. DR Horton stopped responding to my repair requests as my year anniversary is getting close! They don’t seems to care anymore, not even to a request to schedule my 11 months walkthrough!

It's so much for me to detail each issue, I can write pages. so I will briefly list them here:
1-scratched cabinets touched with marker since day one.
2-Dish washer never installed properly, door hits the cabinet, my wife needs to push to the side every time she uses it to close the door. Talk about new house!
3-Worst paint ever, blow air on it and it's scratched
4-My stairs rail just came off yesterday. The last hook was nailed to dry wall, a 2 year old was able to pull it away, quality????
5-Standing shower frame and tubs painted. We paid for optional deluxe shower!
6-paint bumps all over the place, worst paint job ever.
7-Dead air vent in guest bathroom, yet to be fixed (if it can be).
8-Laundry door frame improperly aligned, won't close as it should.
9-Cracks in the garage concrete already, after 5 months only!
10-Nail popping all over the place

11-siding flashing were never installed after two inspections! Had to pay three times inspections fees!

This was my first home and the biggest investment of my life. We purchased the home for 280+K thinking we have a good choice. Wish we listened to all the reviews and did our homework. This is the longest review I've ever written, so please excuse my typos as I write this with extreme FRUSTRATION. Hopefully others will learn from my experience.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Del Tierra, community Bradenton, FL. Unresolved work orders: Work Order: ** closed without contact to customer or resolved. Resubmitted 1/18/2019 without reply. This is for bathroom door that has been unable to lock since we have moved in and 2 other doors. 1 unable to latch and another with over 1/4 inch gap that you can see through (Issue was reported to site coordinator that did our walk through within a week of moving in. Individual lead us to believe they were working on getting it scheduled and after repeated follow ups we were told to file a warranty several months later... which was W/O **).

Unresolved issues identified in final walk through that were amended sales contract by VP of construction Dave **. After several months of follow ups these were for some reason moved to Work Orders after no resolution. Still no resolution on WO process. 1. WO **: Grading On the back of the property, the yard has washed out into the stream. This has gone from slight erosion 8/30/2019 to now we have large washout depressions in lawn under grass in addition to sections that have fallen away. No longer smooth manicured lawn we were sold due to DR Horton not fixing the original problem. 2. WO **: The cabinets still need reskin and scrimshaw installed inside to cover up the water flood damage to cabinetry identified in final inspection and amended on close.

Original review: March 26, 2019
Run as fast as you can. The warranty department at DR Horton, the building department at DR Horton, and even the mortgage department at DR Horton is absolutely horrible. Yes, it is affordable. Yes, it is helpful that you can get your closing cost paid, but it's not worth it, period. We have been waiting since December to have our kitchen up and running. We closed in October. The warranty department is supposed to be fixing it because our countertops are so crooked that glass and eggs fall off of it, slide off of it, and they cannot seem to get it fixed. Now, we are told that we will have to get our kitchen completely gutted and replaced. And we live in the house with five people, period. Don't do it.
D.R. Horton Homes response

Original review: March 24, 2019

I feel once our 1 year in this new home hit the communication and the caring attitude stopped. We have continued to reach out about problems in the home without any feedback. I feel that once this company gets their money from the bank and you are over that year threshold they kinda toss you to the side. Most homes in this new subdivision have already been placed back on the market due to issues not being addressed. Hmmm...I wonder does that say much...looks like we’ll be following suit... Will never buy another Horton home and will definitely spread the word of their not so caring attitude.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Refuse to admit mistakes, and correct. They piss on your leg and tell you it's raining. Obvious problems of poor attention to detail, incorrect grading, improper installation, standing water with mold is all a figment of your imagination!

Original review: March 19, 2019

The house is nice if you accept the reality that it’s a small step up from a modular home. That being said the customer service is horrendous. The lot I chose was a corner lot that appeared to be fine but unfortunately I chose it off of a 2D map so the flat corner lot that I had in my mind’s eye was not to be. Upon visiting the lot in person I was disappointed to see the house was perched on a small hill. I immediately tried to change lots only to be told the house I wanted went up in price several thousand dollars but they would gladly waive the few thousand dollar transfer fee. Keep in mind that this was the following few days, prices in this sellers market were going up daily so maybe I was too hasty but shame on me for not doing my due diligence.

The prices were going up faster than I could save for a downpayment so I had to bite the bullet. I can live with a slope but when the rains came and washed away a large portion of the corner of the lot that’s when I became bitter. The house building process proceeded along ok albeit slowly, but I always brought up the erosion problem throughout. I constantly was assured that the erosion would be fixed closer to the end and here we are, the end is near and the result of the lot is an embarrassment to whatever tiny amount of pride that DR Horton has for their end product. A fence that cuts through the middle of the slope for a beautiful 4’ tall “privacy” fence where any passing car can see into the kitchen or dining area. And a backyard filled with loosely packed dirt that has already washed away with a mere sprinkle of a rainstorm.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I met with Ericka to possibly buy a town house. I was not greeted with a friendly smile. Instead, she was inquiring about my income in a condescending matter. As a professional and with over qualifying credit. I felt very offended about her questioning if I knew what the town houses went for. As if I could not afford it. I knew off the back from my experience with her, this company does not prioritize customer satisfaction. I politely excused myself as I was not going to give her anymore of my time.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This is our 3rd new construction home and by far the worst company we have ever worked with. After a job transfer to Charlotte in 2016, we had to purchase a home quickly. We trusted their sales agents and subcontractors to deliver honesty and integrity and constantly find somewhere else they cut corners. They were not truthful about the plans for the neighborhood we purchased in and handed out materials that did not match their intentions. They do not care about customer satisfaction once the contract is signed. We would never purchase another DR Horton home and suggest everyone else is very careful before they do.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We purchased a new home from DR Horton who missed closing 3 times! I have issues with Master Tub and Floor, Dining Floor, and Tile. Master Tub sounds like it is going to fall through floor, you walk in bathroom and tub creeks and makes noise, due to floor movement. Dinning room floor has soft spot and Tiles are falling off countertops. Attempted repairs from Paul have made My home worse, I haven't heard anything in weeks! Buyer Beware Paul is an idiot and DR Horrible hires individuals with ZERO construction knowledge! My surrounding neighbors all have very similar if not exact problems as I do! Tubs were installed incorrectly, Tile installed incorrectly, Subfloors probably not nailed off correctly! Be Careful!!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

My lot has been graded wrong. I'm having nothing but issues with Dr Horton fixing it. They have tried like 4 times and it’s still a issue. Now they’re telling me they’re done with my yard. I can't even mow my lawn because of a French drain on my lawn with rocks on it. It’s a liability with Windows getting broken from rocks flying off the lawn mower. I have a hill in the middle of my backyard from them trying to fix it. The house should of never been built in this lot. The grading in my crawl space is running uphill to the drain so the water just sits under the house. They’re telling me they’re going to put a sump pump under the house because of the drainage issue.

I have told them I have needed one from the first month. It’s now been a year and a half. The boss Paul has no idea what he is doing. Everyone comes up with a game plan on my yard and he changes it up and it don’t work. I love my house but there is no way if something happened today that I would be able to sell it with all the issue. I also have a crack in the ceiling a bad bathtub numerous issues and I'm not the only one on the neighborhood.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I bought a Hayden in Dec. 2018 and the salesperson Heidi was amazing. But prior to moving in there were issues which needed to be fixed. I filed warranty online and yet my bathtub downstairs still has cracks, the paint is peeling from the ceiling and the paint has not been touched up when the builder marked areas needing fixing. A customer service lead Tom ** came out and I was promised the cosmetic issues would be fixed! The molding in the house has some deep gouges in it and the upstairs bathtub has crack on side. I still have yet to get someone to address and fix these issues and they closed my claim. And I just want the stuff fixed. Hopefully this escalated to a resolution or they can send me money back so I can hire the people myself.

Original review: March 8, 2019

DR Horton sells you beautifully on the positive in buying new construction because of the warranty service provision. Well, if you can manage to get them scheduled, the headache doesn't stop there. I had my 11mo service set for 8-noon today and the first guy shows up telling me he can't fix the cracks in the ceiling because they will just reappear in 3 months. I told him I wanted it done anyway and he sighed and said he was tired already and all he had done was walk through the door.

The carpenter showed up next to repair my kitchen cabinets which were pulling away from the wall but after a quick glance said that I would need new cabinets and asked where the delivered units were located. Well, nobody ordered cabinets because the manager did not know it was necessary. So, now I need to take another day off work because none of these trades work on weekends. So...after being told all the work would be done today, I am literally looking at only nail pop patches. Paint will be another day and yet a third for cabinetry. This is a joke and I wonder if the builder understands that failure to address issues under the agreed warranty is a breach of contract. In any case...good luck and stay informed!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I bought my first home in Aug of 2018. I have been dealing with warranty issues nonstop, and the main issue is getting something scheduled. When you do get it scheduled, half of the contractors don't show up to do the work. Then you don't get any follow up with DR Horton so you have to start the process all over again. I had wires in my breaker catching on fire! I have dead trees in my yard. I have shoe molding that was taken up to replace flooring just laying around broken because the flooring people don't replace that, I have to reschedule yet another warranty (when I actually get someone to get back to me) day.

Meanwhile, I have to keep using vacation time because apparently no one works past 3 pm and on weekends. There is a neighborhood in my area that have signs up warning people not to buy from DR Horton, I wish I had paid them attention when shopping for my home. I am BEYOND dissatisfied with the customer service that this company is providing.

D.R. Horton Homes response

Original review: March 7, 2019

I entered into a contract with DR Horton on 2/23/19 and wired $5,000 deposit on 2/25/19. DR Horton agreed to terms their own lender DHI Mortgage would not accept. DR Horton refused to make it right and contract was voided on 3/4/19. DR Horton won’t return my deposit for 3 to 5 weeks. No one will return my calls, text or emails. DO NOT CONTRACT WITH THIS BUILDER.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Bought our new home one year ago and the 11 month warranty repair service is a joke. Items are incorrectly timed for repairs. We were told it would take 1/2 a day and after taking 2 days off work, the workers told us last night they had to get another work order to return to finish the work on the original work order. (Making at least a 3rd day) We will now have to take more days off from work. The workers are not thorough, have done a sloppy job and left us with more of a mess than before they started. On top of that, our yard also has had drainage issues due to bad grading and it's just a runaround. They send someone out to resod some areas but it's the same result. You continuously have to keep repeating the same issues and it just seems like they test you to see if you'll give up and live with it.

Most people gain a peace of mind buying and knowing that they have a good warranty for years to come but it doesn't matter if the warranty service is not good. We would never recommend this company to anyone thinking of building a new home due to the way it handles its warranty service. I wish someone had warned us. PLEASE BEWARE, be informed and take reviews seriously before selecting DR Horton.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We purchased a home form D.R. Horton 5 years ago. We had it customized. We purchased in June 2013 and by October we were having problems with the central unit. They came out many times to replace copper, add Freon, replace the thermostat, add a second return because the first one wasn't big enough. At my year warranty I had plenty of things that they had to come in and fix. Sheet rock tape coming off, screws in the walls showing, central unit still not working right. I tried to get them to replace the unit but all they did was band aid it until it was out of their warranty. I have spent over $1000 to get it fixed. The problem with the whole unit was caused by the installer not setting the levels right. The electrical switches make a arching sound so I have to replace all of them. Sheetrock tape is coming off again.

Paint in the bathroom is peeling off the walls. Which I understand that after 5 years things are going to happen and I need to paint, but the central unit should have been fixed by them. The master bath shower floor has cracks in it and is getting holes. This should last longer. The switches shouldn't arc. The hardwood floor is falling apart (something else addressed on my 1 year). My gutters are coming apart at the seams and the screws are coming out of the house. I would never recommend them or ever buy anything from DR Horton again.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased a brand new Townhome 3/31/2017 having issues with roofing. When you contact your local warranty company that's associated with DR Horton all you get is the runarounds. They're so quickly to state to you that you're out of warranty. The company fail to realize that a brand new home with roofing leaks and problems sounds like a builders default. With the home less than 2 years old with brand new roof should be reasons to look into the issue. The company acts as if they're doing you a favor by fixing a default on the builder's end.

D.R. Horton Homes response

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Purchasing dream home for a good price has come true with DR Horton, I am very thankful to them for finding me a good home. But if I have to rate their 3 inspections after buying home, I wish I can rate 0. For DR Horton 60 day, 6 month and 11 month warranty inspections are mere done checklist than customer satisfaction. They have rejected more than 60% of the genuine issues not covered under warranty, home owner's maintenance/responsibility. If I were you I wouldn't do it, if you get this fixed it would leave a patch, we are not sure, if can get the right color, so better if you don't fix it. Dirt settling is normal especially after new construction. Water leakage issues, rain water leakage (lentel getting rusted), drainage/flood water system not leveled, still water on the side - (home owners maintenance), fence not covered, sprinklers hitting the structure not covered.

Then what is covered DR Horton 11 month warranty? Put a clause something like anything that exceeds 100$ we are not going to fix it clause will fit perfectly!!! When they fix something, they won't clean the place and when I complained inspector said it's better than what they usually clean. Just save your time during closing, get everything fixed at that time and don't waste your time in writing emails, following back and forth during these warranty inspections.

D.R. Horton Homes response

Hello Mr. Jhadey - We appreciate you making us aware of your concern. Our Rowlett office has been contacted on your behalf to further assist you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Updated on 03/04/2019: Wrote a review last week about bad experiences with DR Horton Homes and they responded to me to contact their Corporate Care, which I did. Now I have a response back from Corporate that they forwarded it to their Divisional Management Team for review. What a joke this company is. Their construction representatives have a limited amount of construction experience. Hope no one uses this company for building your new home. Lots of luck.

Original Review: Purchased new construction home in Laughlin, NV by DR Horton. Home to have RV site with electric, water & sewer hookup for RV. Driveway access to RV site has partial 6" curb obstruction that causes damage to RV & tow vehicle. DR Horton says they won't do anything about this. Approximately 45 homes have same problem, some have A/C in RV site. Construction superintendent office was right across the street from many of these sites. Apparently he has no clue about construction and never views construction sites. Some homes have driveways to go to front doorway. What a joke this place is. Recommendation - find yourself a more honest & trustworthy builder. DR Horton doesn't stand behind their product, just throw homes together and make money!!!

D.R. Horton Homes Company Information