2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

BOTTOM LINE

LGI Homes is a leader in the home construction industry. It creates luxury homes in vibrant communities in states all across the U.S.

PROS

• Hires expert builders
  • Uses high-quality materials
  • Dozens of homes and floor plans

CONS

• Limited upgrade options
  • Not available in all states

Top LGI Homes Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

The combination of the price, the builder incentives, and the amount of home that we were getting for the money led us to choosing LGI Homes … it just made so much more sense to go with a new [home].

My friend bought a house from LGI Homes and referred me to them. I went over there and I talked to them. And they offered me a good plan to buy a house there. The rep was the greatest person. He explained how it works, and how everything goes. He also got a great attitude … the home is great and I l

LGI Homes floor plans

LGI Homes offers floor plans for every budget and need. Check out the following home designs to see which one is right for you.

CompleteHome

CompleteHome is LGI Home’s trademark home design. Every CompleteHome includes cutting-edge amenities and features that include:

• Whirlpool appliance packages
  • Granite or quartz countertops
  • Programmable thermostats
  • Finished garage
  • Professional front yard landscaping

Every house is designed with the modern home buyer in mind and has innovative features, straightforward pricing and popular upgrades to create a home that exceeds expectations in both form and function.

CompleteHome Plus

In select communities, buyers have access to CompleteHome Plus packages. This luxury upgrade features all of the amenities of the CompleteHome package plus:

• Stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator
  • Designer light fixtures
  • Two-tone interior paint package
  • Enhanced landscaping package

These extra touches add more value to your house and enhance the features of your new home.

Active Adult Communities

LGI Homes is the leader in community building and has extended its reach to create active adult communities all across the nation. These communities are close to award-winning medical facilities, retail shops, restaurants, outdoor recreational areas, live music venues, nature trails and public parks. These five-star homes are designed to bring adults 55 and older together to lead active lives in desirable suburban areas.

LGI Homes warranty

LGI Homes offers a 10-year structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most of the home’s other features and amenities. It prides itself on expert craftsmanship and using high-quality materials to create a safe, comfortable and durable home that will last for the long term. Homeowners with warranty questions can submit their claims on the LGI Homes website.

LGI Homes prices

LGI Homes range from $166,000 to $356,000. It often helps with closing costs. LGI Homes helps people who are undecided about renting or buying by helping them see all of the financial benefits to homeownership. With LGI Homes, you may qualify for no money down financing.

LGI Homes FAQ

What credit score is needed for LGI Homes?
Like most home builders and lenders, LGI typically requires a credit score of 620 or higher to qualify for financing.
Does LGI pay closing costs?
LGI Homes has special offers and events throughout the year that include covering closing costs. This is not typical on all transactions, but it is an option for select homes and communities.
How do LGI Homes work?
LGI Homes is a premium home builder. Buyers can browse the website for LGI Home communities in their area and speak to an expert to help find or design the home of their dreams.
Are LGI Homes good quality?
Yes. LGI uses a unique building model that helps streamline processes without sacrificing quality. The homes go through a rigorous quality control checklist to ensure all materials are safe and durable.
Does LGI Homes do rent-to-own?
No. LGI Homes builds homes for ownership only.

is LGI Homes legit?

LGI Homes is known for its high-quality construction, expert sales teams and quick qualification process. Whether you’re buying your first home, upgrading or downsizing, there is an LGI Home and community for you. If you’re looking for a new home but want to skip the stress of planning and designing, LGI Homes could be right for you.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: July 29, 2020

We were renters and we had some dear kind neighbors who are like family to us in our old subdivision. They sprung LGI onto us one Friday evening and said that they bought a house. When we went and saw the new house, they got the master key to all the model homes. My husband and I went through all the homes and we fell madly in love with the one that we moved into. They gave us Sunny's phone number and we called her. We asked her if she could be available to speak with us and show us the house called The Leland. She said they had one left. We came on over and saw it. Right with her, she was part of the package. She was so sweet, kind, understanding and helpful. Then we got back into the office and we told her we were trying to figure out how to get out of our lease. She was very helpful in that. She said it's a Texas law that if you are buying a home, you're allowed to break your lease if you gave a 60-day notice.

We wrote a $1,000 check and put the deposit down on the house. The following Wednesday, we met with Heath, the mortgage financial gentleman. Once again, he was an asset to the company. He was very kind and polite. He got things done. He gave us a list of things to do. You have to have your finances in order and make sure what they ask you to bring, you bring. If you don't show up with the two-year pay stubs or if you don't show up with your financials, you get a little frustrated. But they tell you exactly what you need to know so follow instructions. The following week, they got us in even 3 days earlier than our closing date. We just finished moving in Sunday and we love the subdivision. We love the construction manager who came around and showed us the home before we moved in. We checked all the windows, all the appliances, all the numbers, and it was a very thorough and easy process.

This is my husband's first home and my second home. I've heard nightmares with people but this was a piece of cake. It was a great experience. They answered any other questions. Sunny and Heath have gone a little bit up and beyond since we've moved in. I have a cat and he used to run in our old streets for three years. Now we're in a new home, he's escaped twice. I've had to go into the drainage and get him out. I even called Sunny to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules for the subdivision, moving the plate. She immediately said, "Let me call Hunter. Let me get him over there and let him help you." He showed up within five minutes and helped.

The whole staff that LGI has at this community is exceptional. Another one of the sales representatives is our other neighbor. He's one, two houses down from us so that was a very big bonus that they have even some of their employees living in this subdivision. If you sold that house to that neighbor and that neighbor may be coming over your house every darn day knocking on your door, you wanna make sure that you're moving into a good place where the people you're selling the house to are very happy, just as happy as you are. That was a big bonus for us too. We're really happy we got the property and the land. We have a German Shepherd puppy and she runs and runs and runs and plays. We love our house and the experience. I've already recommended this community to two of my people at my office.

LGI Homes response

Hi Cyndie, thank you for the kind review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed working with our team and that the process was smooth for you. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2020

The combination of the price, the builder incentives, and the amount of home that we were getting for the money led us to choosing LGI Homes. We were shopping for a new home or an older build in the Sacramento area. We were looking at some new construction nearby, and I had seen an ad for LGI online. I said, "While we're out here, I wanna go over here and check these out.” When we found LGI, with what we could get for the same amount of money compared to what we could get in Sacramento at a used home, it just made so much more sense to go with a new one. We knew that when we moved in, we would have no problems, that we had the warranty on all of the construction. We’ll have a brand-new roof, furnace, all of that. No mold, too.

We met with the Realtor, Steve, and it was super easy. They had three options of the one-story I wanted. We started with the smallest one and then worked our way up. The smallest one was too small. The middle one, we were going, "This might work." We saw the larger one and we wanted to go back and look at the middle again but we were like, "No, we're definitely going with the larger one." One of the things with LGI is that you don't have the options to upgrade. What you see is what you get, and that actually helped. They didn't even have models. It was like the home that you look at is what you're buying. It made the purchase really easy. No hassle, no negotiations. There is a base price and then you add cost for everything that you want. Although, there were a couple of things I would've liked to have differently that I can do myself. For example, the carpet in the hallway, I would've preferred flooring.

Our home was sold before and it fell out of escrow, so it was pretty much built. There were a couple of minor things that needed to still be touched. But by the time we were ready to close, which was in less than 30 days, it was ready for us to move in. We've only been here for two weeks but so far, it's been great. We haven't seen any major flaws in the build. There's always a few minor things here and there but Ron, the construction manager, has been real responsive and came and touched up a couple of things.

I really like the wide streets. There are sidewalks, too. We both love how quiet it is here and where it's at. I’m not crazy about the bugs, though. We're not far from some rice fields and we didn't think about that when we bought. The bugs at night are really bad. But obviously that's not LGI's fault. We like to go out for a walk or a bike ride and the neighborhood itself is great for those. We're an exit away from the nearest town and about 30 minutes away from Sacramento. There are amenities available and I'm fine with that. It's a very low crime rate and there's nobody here but the people who live here. My insurance rates are low because of that.

I work from home, and I love being here and how spacious, light, airy and totally relaxing it is here. We came from an apartment complex, and being in a home, it's just quiet. There's no music next door and nobody's running the vacuum upstairs. As far as our lifestyle being at home, it's just been blissful really. I tried to get both of my girls to buy. I was like, "They still have homes for sale."

LGI Homes response

Hi Brenda, thank you for the review! We do believe our homes are a great value and are glad that you agree. There are several benefits of owning your home over living in an apartment and we are thrilled that you are enjoying them. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I was looking at houses in the Arlington area. I wasn't finding what I was looking for and the houses were being snapped up before I could even make a decision. My real estate agent put me in touch with Monica at LGI Homes and they did a financial comparison. I realized that was a better route to go. Monica was wonderful. She was my original rep. She called me weekly 'cause I purchased a home in December. But because of trying to get the building permits 'cause of the Coronavirus, I wasn't able to move in. But at any rate, she was wonderful. She kept me posted every week. If I had any questions and she wasn't available, she always got back to me, sometimes on the weekend. I've always been able to go to her. She got a promotion and she deserved it.

I was turned over to a guy named Eddie, and what a difference. I know he did some stuff but he never called me or kept me informed. If I had a problem, I never knew what the solution was. And then, if I talked to anybody else in the office, they laughed a lot and they just disrespected me. They didn't take me seriously. If Monica couldn't do anything about it, she would call somebody that could. But I called Monica and asked, even though it wasn't her position, could she be with me at the signing and she said yes.

The biggest problem that I had is that after I had signed the paperwork and at the closing, the concierge with my real estate has been trying to get the electric meter turned into my name, and just was told time and time again that it was a business meter and they couldn't have it turned over onto my name. The rep tried it weeks before the closing, and then he tried after the closing. I spent hours on the phone before I could find out what the problem was, and also because Eddie, the guy that was supposed to find out what was going on, the only thing he said is, "There's nothing I can do about it."

What happened was they had taken out all the meters on my whole street. It's all new, but they hadn't taken out mine. When I explained that to Eddie, he sent somebody out to take a picture. But I got disrespected by that guy, and he said, "I won't even show Eddie the picture, then. I can't help you.” He just laughed at me. When I finally got to the bottom of it and explained to Eddie what the issue was, the switch got turned on. But I went 24 hours without air conditioning in the heat. They didn't come out when it all of a sudden turned on. When I asked Eddie when the business meter was gonna be removed, he said next week. Next week came and it wasn't removed.

I called Monica and said, "What do I need to do to get rid of this business meter? They disconnected my neighbor, but not me." She was at the hospital. Her mother-in-law had a stroke. She said, "Let me get on that. I will find out and I'll call you tomorrow morning," which was Saturday. She found out what the issue was but Eddie had already promised me it was gonna be last week again. So, two weeks in a row and he promised me. When Monica finally got back to me, she said that they have a work order in but it just hasn't been done and it's still there.

I couldn't ask for anyone better than Monica. I can't say enough good stuff about her, but I can't say enough bad stuff about the guys that were left in the office. Obviously, the quality is like night and day between her and the other salespeople. When I was on the phone one time, I heard someone in the background saying, "Just hang up on her." And I said to him, "Who is telling you that?" And it was the same guy that took the picture. He wouldn't tell me his name. I said, "Man up. I'm asking you what that guy's name is," but he still won’t tell me.

The home is a little cheaply made. I didn't even think to look to see if there were gutters and I don't have any. Nobody does. I thought that would be a standard. Your roof's gonna rot if you don't have gutters. What I've done is I've filled in for what wasn't there. Of course, I didn't get to pick out colors and stuff like that. But I like the house. I made the right decision for the finances that I had. I didn't go for a loan. I paid for the house. Somehow, I might've gotten quality service, but I certainly didn't. But at any rate, except for the customer service, I would recommend LGI Homes.

LGI Homes response

Hi Sandra, thank you for taking the time to review us. We agree - Monica definitely deserved her promotion and we are excited that you enjoyed working with her. We apologize for the trouble with the meter delay, but are glad it got sorted out. We are glad that you feel that you overall made the right decision for you. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

We put in an offer on a previously built, occupied home within Sherman Hills of LGI and it was rejected, and they did not lower their price. So, as we were driving around the development that we were looking at, we were seeing signs saying, "$1,000 down" and so we went in there and talk to them to see what it was all about. When we sat down with one of the sales representatives for LGI and they walked us through the process of everything, we decided to go more on the newbuilt route than buying a previously occupied home due to the fact that it was basically the exact same thing, but everything was gonna be brand stinking new, not lived in, whereas the previous house where we put an offer in, we were gonna have to replace the carpets and the normal wear and tear things. Also, it was more financially beneficial for us to deal with a newbuilt home.

When we went to LGI, we started working with a gentleman whose name is Sammy and we have nothing but great things to say about him. He didn't try to just sell us a home. He talked to us about the company itself, how not only did they have high standard, but one of their mission statements was based on integrity. And when there was a conversation about a Realtor that we were working with who misrepresented themselves, we were talking about how he was gonna wind up getting a commission off of this when he didn't do anything, Sammy said, "He still worked with you. We're not gonna take her off. That's part of our integrity and our professionalism." And just because he followed through with what the core values were made us wanna work with LGI.

Our home consultant, Nick, was wonderful. He worked his tail off for us. He basically said, "It's not if you're gonna move in, it's when you're gonna move in." And so, it being my husband and I's first home, we had a lot of, "Oh, my gosh. Are we doing the right thing?" type of insecurity just because we were scared of this being a new venture in our lives, and Nick was able to basically talk me off the ledge on everything. He assured me that everything would be all right.

I loved the communication. We would text and call each other. There was also constant information about the process that not only that our loan was in, but what the stage of the house was in. I really appreciated that and it made me respect the company as a whole more just because I didn't have to chase them. They were contacting me letting me know that even though they talked to me yesterday, this is what's happening today. Even if there was nothing to tell me, they would say that they're still working on it and I respected that as an organization.

The quality of the build was amazing. My parents build a home 25-plus years ago and there were issues where my mom actually had to take over like a construction manager. She was out at the property every single day, if something was wrong, forcing them to fix it, and I didn't have to do that. They knew their job. Even after we moved in and there were a few things that happened, I made one phone call and they said they would have someone out the following day. And when they sent someone out to correct the issue, it was with high professionalism, accuracy of job, detail and quick response. They are definitely a 5-plus in my book. It was very informative, inviting, reassuring experience. All around I was well cared for.

LGI Homes response

Tabatha, thank you for trusting our team to help you achieve the dream of homeownership. We couldn’t agree with you more about the benefits of new construction. Congratulations and enjoy your stunning NEW LGI home!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I had liked the areas that LGI Homes was in and the styles of the houses. Everything was good during the purchase. I worked with a wonderful guy. He was very knowledgeable and he pretty much explained everything on how it went and showed us our options. He was a very friendly guy. I like everything about my home so far. I like that the rooms are spacious. I love the marble countertop. The backyard is nice size, too. There's not that many families yet in the community, but it seems peaceful.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Everything went well with LGI. What we were looking at ended up working out. The rep was totally ready and did a good job. He's very professional and took us through the whole process. He got us our house which we really like. We like the layout of it. We like the kitchen and the living room layout especially.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

An LGI house is very well-built and it's a great new home for someone that's just starting out. I would recommend them to anybody. We already had an older home and, at this stage of our life, we wanted a new home. We liked the style of the homes and then we liked what was put in them, especially as a spec home. They're built very nicely and now, we're happier. The one that did the walkthrough was awesome. It was G and he explained everything from the outside to the inside, every little detail. The representative that sold us the house was wonderful as well. We still talk to them today. We stop in there and visit.

LGI Homes response

Hi Wendy, thank you for the review. We are so glad that you are enjoying your new home and still stop by our office and visit our team!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

A friend of mine bought an LGI Home in Colorado and referred me to them that way. The home consultant that I dealt with was fabulous and kept me up-to-date on the progress of the build. It was awesome. I haven't moved yet but from what I've seen, it looked fantastic. I got the full walk through, and it looked great. The whole process was way easier than I had even anticipated it being so. Everybody that I worked with was fantastic. So, from Charlotte, who essentially sold me the home, to loanDepot, to Miguel who walked me through the house, it was fantastic.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

My aunt and uncle live in Luckey Ranch and I found out about LGI through them. With the way the house looks, for my new house and then till an older house, I went for a new build. I talked to Brian and he was very energetic about his job. He explained a lot of the questions that I had and I was comfortable with him. Also, I love the house, but I don't like the fact that there's carpet in the dining area where the table is supposed to be at. You put your table in an area where it should be hard floor instead of carpet. I like the community as well. It's very chill and we have neighbors who are to themselves.

LGI Homes response

Hi Dominique, we are glad that you decided to buy new and buy with us! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I was riding through Windermere Pharmacy and there was a brochure they handed out about LGI. I went with them and everybody was real pleasant. The rep explained everything in detail. They kept me up-to-date and worked with me real well. Even when I decided that I wanna give up, they hung in there with me. The quality is nice. The house stays cool in the inside and I like that.

LGI Homes Company Information