It's that easy Request Information
4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

879 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 22, 2019

We rented an apartment and we were looking online for another one. We thought maybe LGI had some rental homes, so we tried to look at some of that and we ended up buying one. My husband and I are getting older and I'll be retiring within five to 10 years. We liked the open space of the homes that they had and I personally like the fact that they use all of the space in the home, that there's no dead space at all.

We had to go through a lot of work to make our purchase with LGI and their rep, David, helped us through all of it. Initially, we did not think that we would ever be able to buy a home until in a year or two from then because we are both in bankruptcy right now. My husband has a year and I have a year and a half to finish. But when we were talking to David about the rental, he asked why we weren't buying a home versus renting one and we explained that we were on bankruptcy. But he said that if we really wanted to own a home, we could do this. It took six weeks but we did it.

I was satisfied with David and John there at the office and they’ll be my best friends for the rest of my life. We really gained a close bond. I would come to the office bringing the stuff that they needed and I would wait to see if there was something else I needed to get. We also had some divorce papers that I had to pick up and I would take off then go get the stuff that we would need so that I'd have everything because I don’t work until in the afternoon, so my morning is so free.

I also love the home that we got from LGI. I love the open spaces that it has and the master bathroom is huge. It's very obvious that the home is built so that people can get into it that haven't been able to buy a home. It's almost like a starter home, but it's not. It's a basic home where you can do upgrades in it. Everything is done but the home doesn’t come with gutters, so you'll add gutters later if you want. And the bedrooms don’t have locks on the doors, just the bathroom. But I wanted a lock on my master bedroom and I was given one.

We're loving the area as well. It's only about four miles from wherever we were at, so it's only an eight-mile drive to work for me and an extra four miles for my husband. There's a lot of work potential on this area, too, and it's quiet here except for the little motor thing right behind us where they play around in the dirt. Hopefully, that would develop too. I wasn’t too impressed that there was no community swimming pool but that can be done because there are very active people getting into the HOA. There's also land to be able to do stuff like that, so that can happen. All in all, our experience with LGI was really good and I recommended a friend from work to them. Also, my neighbor who's two houses down from me also purchased from LGI. He got the home that he didn’t think he was gonna purchase and he signed the contract a week after I did.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

When I talked to the agent, Brian, from LGI he really broke it down for me and made me really wanna work with LGI. Brian was the whole reason I chose LGI. The people there were like family. I was impressed by Brian's understanding of me, not to worry about the company but I'm trying to understand what I wanted, what I was looking for. I felt really comfortable.

The home is beautiful. It's just the home that I chose didn't have a real backyard and I'm more a yard guy. But I'm comfortable with what I got. Also I was told that the area that I was in was very restrictive and didn't have a homeowner, but after I signed I found out it was a homeowner. I think it's a good thing. It's perfect. They help new homeowners and then you interact with different people. I like it. I love the community. It's a dream come true. It was a good asset and I'm happy. Hopefully, it'll be my favorite home. If it's not, I'm passing it on to one of my kids. I'm highly satisfied.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Realtors and buyers be very mindful when dealing with this builder at Lake Jackson Ridge. They told my client that they didn't need a Realtor when they told them that they had one but couldn't accompany them to the grand opening. I called the Sales Manager to let him know that was very unprofessional on their agent's part. In the beginning of the conversation he wasn't aware of whom or what I was referring to. By the end of the conversation (which was only 7.5 mins) he had spoken to my clients and they never said they had a realtor. I explained that he nor the other agents could tell me what MY client needed as I had been working with them for months and by cutting me out they are risking the rewards benefits my client was entitled to by utilizing me as their realtor.

Sales Manager in so many words said, "Oh well better luck next time." I left him know that the reassurance of their unprofessionalism just solidified that there will not be a next time. I have worked with many builders in my career and they DON'T burn the realtors like that. Again buyers and realtors, make sure you are looking out for yours/your clients best interest because this builder is not.

Original review: April 17, 2019

LGI Homes was affordable and the rep that we worked with was a good lady. She was nice, cool, easy to talk to and she communicated with us well throughout the whole process. The quality of the build feels good and I don't have any kind of issues with anything. Everything is quiet in the neighborhood and there has been no problems.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We liked what LGI Homes had to offer and the people were genuine and caring. But since we got in the house, the lights haven't been on and I don't know whether that's Alabama Power. So we were having a great problem with that. We're basically in the dark. But I think LGI is working on that now. Other than that, it's a new house so the warranty that we got on would suffice for everything that may, in the future, come. But it's built pretty well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: April 3, 2019

My husband was really impressed with one of the features for hurricanes on the new build home where the roof is attached to the ground. It's hard to impress him. Aside from that, all the other ones we looked at would require us to fix them up to meet what we wanted but the mortgage was gonna be almost the same as what we were gonna pay for the new build. Another feature it got is the pest protection on the outside of the home. It's built into the walls and it's paid for a year. So next year, if we want to continue with the service, we need to let the pest control folks know. And on the outside of the house, all they have to do is stick in the wand into this little hole then it sends the insecticide throughout the house. They don't have to come in and squirt the corners inside the house and that's too cool.

The consultant we got from LGI Homes was very professional and very knowledgeable. His name was Marcel and he told us everything about the home that made us more interested in it. We also liked how friendly he was and we were very comfortable with the whole process. They were always there and any question I had, they answered. They also called us and it was hard to get through the line when they were in the office. It was hard to get an internet line in our old house and we had to leave the house so that we could talk on the phone.

Also, our paperwork took forever though it was more our fault. We didn't get the paperwork in fast enough the first two times we tried. The first time was about four years ago while the second time was in December. Then we did it the third time in January. Other than that, I really like the house and I'm very satisfied with it. If LGI wasn't there, I wouldn't have the home. But getting it is gonna be really tight to my budget, so I'm gonna have to be strict with myself.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2019

I purchased my first home on July 3, 2018 which has now become the single biggest regret of my entire life. Originally built by Wynn Homes, a company that was bought out by LGI Homes in July or August 2018. During our walk through we were concerned about some stormwater running across the backyard and some work being done on the crawl space drains next door. The superintendent assured us there were no serious problems and nothing to worry about. Oh boy if I could go back to that day and back out of this deal!! Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20 and I am now dealing with damaging water in my crawl space for TEN MONTHS.

LGI purchased Wynn and in doing so inherited all of their warranty issues. They made this very obvious right away ignoring our concerns of standing water in our crawlspace. The superintendent verbally agreed to redig the crawl space drain and investigate during the week after our purchase. This never happened, I officially reported this as a warranty issue on Buildertrend on July 24, 2018. It was ignored. I submitted another warranty claim on Buildertrend on September 7, 2018 asking why I was being ignored. I was told two people would come out to investigate. Nothing happened. Long story short I was ignored, put off and strung along for SIX months before I could get anyone to take this seriously.

Finally in December someone came out and punched a hole in the crawlspace wall that was adjacent to the garage – a RIVER came rushing through. LGI representatives tried to brush this off a no big deal, multiple times, and tried to convince me this water was “trapped” from construction and now that it was “let out” everything would be fine and as long as there was a drain to get it to the other side of the house and out into the yard everything would be dandy. The problem with that is that I’m not stupid. I work for an engineering firm – one of the best – and I have yet to find an engineer at my company that thinks this is ok. I am so worried about the long term damage this is going to cause I can barely sleep at night. You would think a company that was liable for something this catastrophically wrong will apologize a million times over and fix this ASAP, right? WRONG. There is still no fix on this issue.

I have several engineers telling me the runoff and incorrect grading to this property is causing excessive water to run under the house. This is running under the garage, causing erosion and exiting incorrectly through by crawl space. Another month went by after the river incident and finally I was able to get a Wynn and LGI representative out here and all three of us agreed on a fix to this problem. Because this company has jammed so many houses together on our street there are too many utilities to be able to run a swale/ditch up to the main drainage ditch in front of the home (like they should have done in the first place). In lieu of the correct fix, they agreed to create a french drain on the high side of the house, tie in the downspouts of us and neighbor, and lead all of that excess water to the ditch. But it’s been almost another 3 months with no fix – just BS excuses about waiting for sod, etc.

They did come out and cover up the problem on the low side of the property – reburying the crawl space drains, etc. but have not installed the French drain or fixed the problem. Damage is being done every day. BUYER BEWARE – do not deal with this company and take your hundreds of thousands of dollars somewhere else. It is also important to add that never, not once, has this shady company reached out to me or called me own their own without me first bugging the crap out of them. They apparently think I’m just going to forget about this and they will get away with screwing me over.

LGI Homes response

Emily, Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Consumer Affairs and other review platforms. We are sorry to hear you've been having issues with your new home. Our homes are built to the highest quality standards; however, we do recognize that with new construction occasionally repairs will need to be made which is why it is backed by an industry leading warranty. We understand that you have recently been in contact with our construction leadership and that our team is working to resolve your concerns. We hope you and your family enjoy your new home for many years to come.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The people over at LGI were super. They're helping me learn about Arizona and what I need to do out there. It was a great experience. I haven't spent a lot of time in the house yet, but so far I like it.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I like new houses, and I heard about LGI Homes through the website. We bought the ranch-style and we like it very much. Alexi was the home consultant we worked with, and everything was good.

Original review: March 27, 2019

A new build is better than an older home because everything is new and we can design the home the way we want it to be designed. LGI's home consultants were good. They walked us through the process and answered all of our questions. So far, the quality of the build is good. I love the new home community that we live in and the amenities that are offered. LGI is still building and we would love it if they will have a park in the neighborhood for the kids to play in. I love my new home. I don’t have to worry about anything else but just the bills. I go to work and I need to relax, and I just wanna be in my house. I like that it's my home and that it's good.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I wanted to move into something that a warranty backing it up and something that was clean. I called LGI and their rep Michael was really helpful. I appreciated everything that he did for me and the whole home buying process went swimmingly. The process was simple and easy even though I had a bankruptcy eight years ago. I had to provide a lot of documents but it still worked out really well. I didn't have to come up with 20% and I was able to get in affordably with a lot of my 401k money intact to help with the move.

Getting into the house was reasonable and I was quite happy. With my LGI I didn't have to fix, repair or remodel when I first moved in. There's nobody behind me and it's quiet. However, the neighborhood over is one of the earlier developments in the area and it's the shaky neighborhood I wouldn't wanna live in. It's not really LGI either. Still, I like my neighborhood just fine.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I wanted to get my money’s worth and put it in a new home. The zero down of LGI Homes attracted to everybody and the experience was fantastic. Everybody there was friendly. I was well welcomed with the workers at the LGI. They called me for paperwork, then I give it to them. Everything went smooth. The quality of the house was also good and I’m enjoying it. I just need to find how big is my backyard, then to see if I can afford to do artificial grass. But other than that, everything is good. The community is good. People just started moving in. It's nice and quiet and what I expect people to call home. Once I get back from work, I'm just gonna be in a corner of the place.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My family needs lots of room and decided we go to LGI. Their reps are always there when I needed them with any questions. Also the basement on the house and the yard are a good size. But their trimming could be better. The community is really quiet. We could use some more street lights. It’s pretty dark over here. It would also be nice if they put a pool in.

Original review: March 23, 2019

This was my first time buying a home and LGI gave me a great experience. The office people were very wonderful to me. Cindy was very sweet and nice to me. She and Heather helped me a lot. They both basically held my hand through the whole process. KC did too. They gave me a positive vibe and were real patient with me getting the down payment money together. They also kept in touch with me. Cindy would even call me at night just to say hi and ask me how my day was. It wasn’t all business. It was more business and being concerned about me and my family. That was wonderful. We built a relationship. There’s some kind of a certain bond that I can call her even now just to talk to her.

I’m used to old homes. I grew up in a country town so the homes are built differently. With LGI, I got a new home and I knew that it would be different. But I’m all right with it. It looks nice and everything inside is nice as well. I had no problem with the quality of the build. Everything is built securely and my family is safe. It’s energy efficient too. That was a wonderful thing. Also, what they provide – the icebox, the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and the granite countertop – is wonderful. I don’t think you can go purchase a home that somebody had already been living in and get that. You really have to pay to find that.

Even my neighborhood is wonderful. It’s like a gumbo. I've got a mixture of people and that’s the kind of atmosphere I want for me and my family. I came from an area where it’s dominated in **. So I want my family to get the experience of communicating and socializing with other races to let them know there’s nothing but love in our hearts. I’m glad I took the opportunity to go out to LGI and see what they were talking about. If not, I would’ve missed out. It was a good opportunity and a good area for me and my family. I’ll also recommend LGI Homes to anybody. They have a good program and I really appreciate it. God is good.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My wife and I drove all the way from Oakland to see the homes but the agent told us they were in a meeting and suggested we come back on the weekend. I work weekends. We will purchase elsewhere. More specific? Lol.

LGI Homes response

Gene, we are sorry to hear that you didn’t have an opportunity to meet with one of our New Home Consultants. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and hope you will consider us in the future. We wish you the best of luck on your journey to homeownership!

Original review: March 22, 2019

We just decided to look at one LGI office, but they told me my credit wasn’t good enough. So, we waited a little bit and then went to the location in Anna. The salesperson whom we worked with was okay but there wasn't enough communication with the loan person. Still, the home consultant was pretty good and my wife and I like the home that we got. While LGI is still building around us, our home looks nice. We picked the back of the lot which is perfect since I really don't mind being alone.

Original review: March 21, 2019

LGI was willing to continue to work with us until we were able to purchase a home. Trent, the home consultant we dealt with, and the staff were amazing. We had come to see Trent at the end of last year, and when I called back at the beginning of the year, he remembered exactly who we were. He asked us how we've been, and we went down that day and put a deposit on the house. I wave at him every time I see him. So, if I have any questions, I know I can call him and he would do what he could to help me answer them. The loan gentleman Steven was also phenomenal. So, right down to the loan company that they used, and their representatives, it was a positive experience all around.

I love the house and it is amazing. It being new, it also has a warranty. There's no stress because there's a house and not an apartment, so we're actually working towards something that will one day be ours. We have space. Before, we were living in a two bedroom that needed to be a three bedroom, but we couldn't afford it. Currently, I don't have neighbors. We're all by ourselves. But, I haven't had any issues, so we're probably in a good place. My kids are still at the old school, but the school here has really good ratings. I have already suggested LGI to several people who's been running into issues, like credit issues. My issue was an ex-husband, and I couldn't get into a house. They walk you through it step-by-step.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We tried other companies like KB or Centex, but LGI worked with us in helping us get in that first-time home buyers. Their outlines were good, like the structure of the homes and the design. As far as financing, they had their own financing agent from LoanDepot, so those were really helpful. We had Sunny as our home consultant and she was really helpful as far as telling us more about LGI and why they do what they do. She also told us the company’s values. The new community was really good, and Sunny was really helpful to help us pick out our home that was good for our budget.

Being a first-time home buyer, I had to understand the term by what they mean by like bonds. LGI used acronyms to represent something by kind of understanding the whole. They brushed my head through them, and I was unfamiliar. But I did ask questions here and there. And later on, I kinda understood what they were saying. LGI could improve on that to help the customer better understand the process of getting a new home.

My wife fell in love with the house. It had all the features that she wanted. It has a bigger back yard, bigger kitchen, and standing shower with a tub. So, right then and there, she felt like it was home already. We really love it. Also, the amenities are pretty cool. They have a hill that’s pretty high, and two playground areas with some sitting areas. It was convenient that a drive-in movie theater was right next to the community, so I thought it was really good. The neighborhood is still in development from where we’re living. They’re still building houses around it. But eventually, with time, it will start to be a really good community. I would recommend LGI to a friend.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2019

This company has terrible customer service and disrespectful employees who don't care what kind of house they put you in! Recently, my mother and I decided to become home buyers. This starts our interaction with LGI homes. At your LGI Mountain View location, my mother met with agent by the name of Day **. Ms. ** was our first issue.

As you may know, property buying is a tough experience and everyone wants it to run as smoothly as possible while still getting the home you are comfortable in. We would hate to end up paying for anything that we don't want. It's a big waste of time and before getting into a contract, we want to be sure that it's something that we wanted. My mother asked for a 5 bedroom. It would accommodate everything we wanted. She was even willing to go to a 4 bedroom if need be. Right off, Day offered a 3 bedroom. The smallest 3 bedroom house which obviously is far from what we wanted. She proceeded to keep pestering about it and even went as far as to look up the house, we currently live in, and compare the two.

We didn't want it. The experience is already coming to a frustrating start. Come to find out, Day was transferring locations and wanted to hurry and get us into a house before she left. I guess the only house available was a 3 bedroom. She didn't seem to care that it wasn't what we wanted. It just seemed as if she wanted a paycheck.

Long story short, we didn't go with the 3 bedroom and Day transferred locations. Enter Tanzi **. Before dealing with Tanzi, we were already a little on edge in regards to the whole "pressuring us to get something that would accommodate our needs." My mom never officially met with Tanzi but Ms. ** stated that she was going to help us and that she hates it when "they" try to tell "us" what we can and can't do (By the way, Day is ** and Tanzi is **). Tanzi proceeds to tell my mom things that she should do to help with her credit, which my mother was already working on.

Later on down the line, we come along different company that better suits our needs and that actually listened to them. We were just pre-approved for a house with that company and decided we would no longer work with LGI. My mother RESPECTFULLY let Tanzi ** know that we were signing a contract with another company and she states (I have the screenshots to prove it) "All that free help and credit advice and got your scores up and you don't go with m(e) Wow. Painful. Ok."

Here's where we run into another problem. As a business, you conduct yourself accordingly. You don't get personal. When you become personal, you become unprofessional and that's not the way to approach ANY business transaction. My mother responded "It's business. They had better accommodations for what I was looking for." Tanzi's reply, "Ok girl if that's what you're telling yourself I think I'm going to stop helping people... No loyalty... But it's okay I'm happy for you."

LGI, I am LIVID. My mother is NOT A GIRL. Not only that, to have a person who is trying to gain a client question the LOYALTY of said client is EXTREMELY disrespectful. That is not how you handle business. For her to state that she's going to stop helping people and going into a very personal place is NOT the way to conduct business and this is what is representing your company.

My mom chose the high wrong and told her that it wasn't worth the energy to go back and forth with her and Tanzi replies, "I'm sorry who's this (insert kissy face emojis). This woman was very disrespectful and I hope this is not what your company stands for. We are very frustrated and want to hear your input on this situation. The unprofessionalism was undeniably disheartening and should never be a part of a company who is supposed to bring people the joy of home ownership. Tell me, is this how a professional is supposed to react? My name is Tevin ** and email is ** if anyone would like to speak about this. I will not stop until I am heard.

LGI Homes response

Tevin, if you experienced anything less than a positive experience with us, we sincerely apologize. This is neither the typical process that our buyers go through nor a manner in which we like to conduct our business. Again we sincerely, apologize and are sorry that LGI Homes was not right for you. We wish you lots of happiness in your new home and know that you and your mom will enjoy it for many years to come.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My neighbor saw LGI Homes on Facebook when I was living on base. I went with him to go see his and the price was right. We liked the layout at the community where we actually are now so that was what we went with. For the most part, the rep answered our questions as fast as they could. At first, I was okay with the catch of not having anything in the backyard, but it has been kind of a real pain.

I gotta let the dog out in the front yard and anything would have been better than the dirt because it’s taking almost a month just to see a little bit of grass growing. It’ll probably be about another month and a half of letting the dog out in the front yard before it’s not gonna track mud in the house. But that’s my only complaint. The quality of the build is fantastic. The room is nice, like the master bedroom is pretty freaking big. The garage was finished last night. I’m a car guy, so my favorite would be the garage, but I’m sure my wife would say the kitchen. There’s stupid amounts of cabinet space, so she was super excited about that.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I was in an older home and I wanted to go new this time and went to LGI. It was a long journey, but a good one. They walked me through everything step-by-step, told me what all I needed to do to get my credit score up, and everything else all worked out at the end. Angela and Michael, the manager, stayed up on everything. They kept following up with us, trying to make sure that we had everything, or we’d hear from this person. Anything that we had to do, they were very helpful in helping us get it accomplished, no matter what it was. They really worked hard for us.

The home is very comfortable and very cozy. We still got a house empty on the other side, across the street from us and right next door to us. This is my first home buying and there’s a lot to it. But LGI can definitely get it done for you. They are the ones that I will definitely recommend if somebody is having a hard time buying a house. Everything that they said that they would do, they did it. They stood on their word.

Original review: March 14, 2019

LGI was much easier to deal with, and they seem to care a little bit more. The first thing they asked when we walked in the door was whether that was what we were looking for, as well as what was going to help us get into a home. The questions were about what my wife and I were looking for and what we needed in the house. And so, it felt like it was more about what we were looking for versus them trying to get us into something specific. The quality of the build is good. We had to have an inspector come out, and there weren’t any major flaws. There would be touch-ups, but those got fixed before we moved in. However, they should maybe not do too much carpet. The community is nice and quiet. We’re pretty much the only ones on the block. With a newly built home, the investment is better as far as the value of the house.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I looked at some older homes with the realtor that I had and LGI Homes was the best option. The consultant was awesome and helpful. It can be nerve-wracking when you’re buying a new home but throughout the whole process, he was there explaining what was happening and what was going on. The home buying process wasn’t as hard as some people said it was. It was easy and it wasn’t too bad. I started in September and I moved in February. The quality of the build was good and I like it. Living in my new home makes daily life easier and it’s good to have a home.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My wife and I considered the areas of Kyle or Buda whenever we looked for homes and mostly, I was looking for old homes which were smaller because they were in my price range as well as newer builds which were bigger but were in my price range. I appreciated that initially, the consultant from LGI Homes wasn’t trying to sell me. He walked us through the house, told me facts and answered questions that I had. He wasn’t pushy, then at the end of the day, he wasn’t asking me to buy. He let me sit on it and think about it then, make a decision for myself.

Towards the closing process, the home inspection walkthrough was held a couple of days before. It could’ve been done a little bit sooner because there are always a few issues that come up that need to be fixed. I feel like identifying those issues a little bit sooner because I wanted to feel right at home the day I closed and move in. Now, all these things are happening to me, coming in. Issues are popping up and all that could’ve been identified and most of it could’ve been fixed before I moved in. Working with LGI and the sales team was great but I was not comfortable working with Mike, the guy from the finance people. I felt like he was trying to scam me and lie to me the entire time. He lost my business and I wound up going with my credit union.

I felt good about the quality of the build but I am having an issue now with a leak in the house. We found it yesterday. Whoever installed the mirror in the master bath punctured one of the pipes and so, that leak was always there. It seeps in the more you use water. Water was leaking into the floor, the wall and everything but other than that, me and my wife both love the house. It’s totally reasonable that there are gonna be things that would pop up here and there.

The LGI sales team, the whole process and the home were good. Plus, our home community is a beautiful neighborhood. I’ve ran around it a few times in the morning on my runs. So, I’m satisfied with it. Me and my wife were renting in South Austin. I’ve been in the Marines for 11 years and I’ve rented ever since I’ve been in it. This is my first home that I’ve bought. I feel like if my wife wanted to go out for a walk or something like that or just go explore the community, the neighborhood is a lot safer and nicer.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My experience with LGI Homes was very pleasant. I was gonna see if I could get into a brand new home and since I had dealt with LGI Homes three years before, I went back with them. They were so informative and everybody was so nice and helpful. Molly, the realtor, was very nice and Jeff, the manager there, was very nice too and very informative. He made us feel welcomed to the subdivision and to the LGI Homes. And then, we met with the contractor, Dale. He was very nice like the first guys. It was a real nice experience all the way around.

Molly and I went over about what LGI was about and we went to see if we were qualified, and we were. And then, she asked me what kind of home we were looking for and I said that we wanted a corner house. They had a couple of them and we happened to see the one we liked. So, we went over the financials as far as cost of the home, the taxes, the insurance etc, and we were informed what the monthly payment would be and if we were comfortable with that. It took about an hour to process and after that, it was lining up the loan officer.

Our home is brand new and we like it. It is very well built. The community is very nice with quiet neighborhood and I like the general area there because it’s like in the outskirts, and that was what I was looking for. Not in the middle of the real, heavy-traffic area. I've been in an apartment for 15 years here in Albuquerque so I feel more comfortable now and I'm glad that I'm finally in my own home. Everybody there at the LGI office was very, very helpful. It was a great experience. I'd recommend LGI Homes to anybody.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I wanted a newer home and I went with LGI Homes. There was a little process before getting the house. But other than that, it was all right. The process took about a month. The reps were good and the quality of the build is good. The bathroom would look good though if they make a little bit more space. LGI Homes is a pretty good company to go through to purchase your house.

Original review: March 7, 2019

LGI had won the award and the other companies didn’t. And that was very impressive to me. The response time was very good too. John was very personable, and he did a great job. The contractor, who did my walk-through was very attentive. He did everything I needed. I had a couple of issues and he came and got right on it. Ralph is very professional and excels at his role. He's one of the contractors out here. So far, I'm very impressed with the build.

The community is very peaceful and quiet. I liked the area we're in. We had two pools. We got a play area. I want a place where my kids can play and feel like they’re safe and something 'cause most of the time, when you move in a neighborhood, you gotta either pay -- we do have HOA fees, but it supplies everything I need for my family. Living in our new home made my life better 'cause I had to commute roughly 70 miles round trip, but it's peaceful knowing I'm coming to a different home and a nice quiet neighborhood. And with a new home, it has warranty on everything and being as a first time home buyer, I figured I didn’t know much about home buying and I wanted warranty on everything, just like when you buy a car, you want a warranty on everything. I figured with buying a new home with a warranty, that's what we wanted.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My wife and I were looking for a place to live on our own. She found LGI online and they were near where we were at. We liked the area and we met with Rafael, their agent who first showed us around. He made us welcome and we had a good experience with him. We went through the buying process with them and had an easy time. Thus far, we're really happy with the home. We like the community as well. The neighborhood is quiet even though there's a lot of people.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We were looking for a house that was already built that has been up for 10 to 20 years. LGI Homes was the first one I looked and decided to go with them. Their rep was very professional, very friendly and very nice. He knew what he was talking about, what he was doing and he got us what we wanted. He was on point with everything. I've made preparations to move on the 16th, but I've been coming up to the house every week and I love the quality of our home. LGI Homes allowed me to be a homeowner. I can't wait ‘til Saturday. I would recommend LGI Homes to anybody.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was looking for a house and I've seen LGI Homes, and I stopped by. I said I'm just gonna ask and see what are the requirements of getting a new home. They told me and we looked at their homes. Their reps explained everything. They were good and I really love working with all of them. I feel great about the quality of our home. I still haven't transferred my kids from their schools yet but I really like our community. It's calm and quiet. There's not too much going out there. So for now, I'm good and I'm really happy.

LGI Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

LGI Homes has been building new home communities since 2002. Their goal is to provide homeowners across the United States with homes of great value at affordable prices. The company also employs a team of home buying professionals to help new homebuyers through the process of buying a house. Choose from multiple modern floor plans and customization options.

• Home finder: LGI’s home finder feature lets visitors select a state, city and LGI development within each city to view available homes and floorplans. Each available home has an estimated monthly cost and visitors can call for a quote on new floorplans.

• LGI warranty: LGI offers a 10-year, structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components on their homes. Homeowners can submit a warranty service request online by logging into their site and filling out a request form.

• LGI Active Adult communities: LGI’s Active Adult communities are built around and within close proximity to a city's main features. Active Adult communities are near entertainment and sporting venues, airports, colleges and universities as well as golf courses, hiking and biking trails and tennis courts.

• Energy efficiency: LGI focuses on energy efficient homes, especially homes located in the hottest part of the United States. By using reliable products from insulation to heating and cooling systems, and energy efficient appliances, LGI Homes can reduce energy bills by up to 30 percent.

• Realtors: LGI Homes has built relationships with real estate professionals that know their floorplans and communities well, and can connect customers to one of their realtors based on the region they are interested in. Realtors can also keep interested buyers updated on promotions and special offers through email updates.

• Best for: homebuyers who want to build a home or buy a home in a great community.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

LGI Homes Company Information