4.43/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

LGI Homes

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

286 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Don't waste your time. No money down. Lies. Low monthly payment. Lies. Dealt with them for months. Told me I was approved and even let me put a sign on the ground and took pictures. Lies. Monthly payments 1000$. After no money down and all other nonsense per month your house payment is closer to 2000$. They ask for 1000$ down. They make you sit there for a appt for hours to learn about their company. Then build a house exactly like your front neighbor. Best thing possible was not getting approved after all and getting our deposit back after they made me run through hoops to get credit scores up and things paid off and faxes and copies of everything possible. It's like a car loan. They will get you in. But you will pay. High payment and interest. Good luck. You have been warned. LGI. Don't contact me. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I got a flyer in the mail and I wanted to get my own home. There were also people who were saying a lot of good things about their experience with LGI so I went to go talk to them. Their rep was good. He was very transparent, gave all the information, and made sure I was aware of what I had to do and the deadlines. They showed me the floor plan, and then they said, “Okay. These are all the floor plans you can choose from.” I picked out different things that already came standard and the quality of the build is excellent. I'm also satisfied with the amenities offered to me. I’ve met a couple of the neighbors and they're nice. I’m close to my family I have six grandchildren and I see them way more. My daughter said they don’t want to go home. They just want to come to Nana’s house. I had a house before, and when I moved into an apartment I put all this stuff in storage, so now everything is back out of storage.

I have been recommending LGI. This is my second new build that I’ve purchased in my life and there was a great big difference between what I went through in my first walkthrough and what I went through on this walkthrough. The LGI rep went from the sidewalk all the way through the house and around the house, so we took a walk around the entire house. He explained things that I never would have asked nor would I have known what these things were. The knowledge of that information helps me be a better home owner. After we got in the house, he explained more things. And then now, after being in the house, there are things that I need to call and do a warranty thing for. He also walked me through that. He said, “I know you need to call me. I know you want to call me. But just go ahead and put it on the warranty list for us to come to get a ticket for someone to come out and look at what your needs are.” And they are very prompt.

Ed, the builder guy there, is exceptional. When I put a request in, he’d call and he’d assess. He'd say, “Yeah. That’s a problem, but it’s a home owner’s problem,” or he will say, “No. I’ll get somebody out there to look at it and we’ll see what’s going on.” And immediately the people call me and say, “Hey, we are opening for this day. Are you available or not?” And then he’ll call me back and say, “Hey, they’re scheduled to come this day.”

The customer service is awesome. Even the minor, small things, they come out to take care of it. I had one space in my upstairs, it’s a crooked wall. I wouldn’t even notice it had I not been in the bathroom talking to my daughter. So Ed came out, and he looked at it. He said, “Yeah. That’s crooked. I’m going to get the people out here. I got to see who’s responsible.” He’s committed to go and get whoever needs to come out and it’ll get taken care of. And I’m not feeling that I bought a house with a crooked wall and nobody cares because I’ve already closed. So it makes that a whole lot better.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I was a first-time homebuyer. Before, I honestly didn’t think that I can afford a home. But I have seen flyers from LGI Homes and I even used to get a lot of them back in Chicago. They were actually good at getting me into a home. My wife and I were tired of renting. We have been renting ever since we were young and neither one of us had ever owned a home. With the rent going up, me and wife had to move every two years. Then we saw LGI and we decided to go and take a look. The person who we were with made us feel comfortable as far as attempting to buy a house. And every step along the way, LGI was really good. I would give them that because I could have just turned around and thanked them for letting me see the house. The way LGI had it set-up, everything was done in their office. The lender, the underwriter, and everything to process the mortgage was there. I feel that's the way it should be. That was my first experience and I talked to a lot of people at work who have bought homes and how you have to go and track down this person and then you got to go to this office downtown for your underwriter and so on. Just the sound of it makes you feel like you’ll just keep renting.

As the purchaser, I don't have to go searching addresses, and I’m not wasting gas. They saved a lot of time just by having me coming to their office while they take care of the rest. That alone was good on both sides. Everything's faster. So I purchased a Colorado and it’s a pre-built second-story house. I put some ceiling fans in and moved a couple of the globe lights on the second floor, which was a little too low. The washer and dryer went upstairs which was a good place for it because it's right by the bedrooms. We're going to be putting a ceiling fan right in the foyer where the drop-down lighting came down. I have nothing against the builder but the light that was in the foyer that was hanging off the chain once you come in the front door looked flimsy. It just looked cheap so we will replace it.

The fridge was smaller than what was in my apartment. We had a 34-inch in our apartment, and I measured this one from side to side and it was 30 inches. It’s in my garage now since we bought a side-by-side. Also, I grew up in the Midwest and everything was cooked on a gas stove. Once you've tasted gas stove cooking, others are not the same. So, my wife now cooks outside and prepares the food for the week on the grill than cooking on our electric stove. She doesn’t like it. And I've also got the Whirlpool microwave, which produces a clicking sound when you open the door. LGI only gave a one-year warranty so I had to extend it because I don’t know what happened. So, I'm going to have technicians come and take a look at it. There's something loose inside the door and something fell but I can't see where the screw came from.

And then we had someone come over and figure out why I kept on popping the breaker and shortening it out. It turned out the builders stapled the wires to the two by fours when they were building the house. They did it a little too tight. So, the electrician finally got it loose and everything is okay now. I would also suggest that the builders should construct some kind of a patio that is bigger than two feet by two feet square for the backyard. Right now, I concreted it since I don't do lawns. For the flooring, the tiles are good on my feet. I like the rug too every now and then, but my wife doesn’t. She can't wait until I save up enough money to be able to tile the whole floor. I could live with it. It would make it cooler especially here in Texas. The window did not seem to be double paned. The windows were actually good but the door was horrible. So, I'm going to have to go and get some kind of a UV protection on the windows. Right now, the electric company gives me a weekly usage. So far, it's been low to where it was around from my apartment and that's pretty good. I am also noticing slowly the difference because I am home.

Overall, the guys at LGI Homes are great and they were helpful. Although buying a house from a first timer's standpoint is still a task, with so much paperwork you have to sign. But they made it a lot easier and pleasant to get into a house. I thought we were just going to keep on renting until we happily pass away. I would have never thought I would be sitting in a home that I own right now.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I went with LGI for the price and what they were offering compared to other homes. Also, their sales rep was great. Everybody in the office worked to get our deal done. They didn’t give me false hopes. They said it was going to happen and it happened, so I’m very happy with them. The process took about a month because there were a couple of hiccups on the side of the loan company. It wasn’t on the LGI side of the house.

There were issues, though. There was a screen from the home that was torn. When we did the walkthrough, we identified that the garage door has a handle which is missing a screw, so we really can’t use the handle to the garage door. We got to grab the actual garage door itself. The guy that was on the walkthrough said that he has a screw and that he’ll put it in himself. He never did. There's a couple of other minor stuff and it may be minor for some other people but the fact that I bought a brand-new home, I’m expecting it to, within reason, have no defects. I’m still waiting on those to be fixed. Also, if I had prior options, I could have had granite countertops for the bathrooms. I’m satisfied with the amenities, though.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

LGI had a lot of good incentives and the sales reps were really attentive. Purchasing the home was a quick and easy process. It took about three weeks to get everything done although there were minor things that could’ve been done better. In the living room, I can see where the paint coats were not all even. I also found a lot of little itty-bitty cracks here and there that needs some stucco in it and by the bathtub. Other than that, the other things are well and overall it was decent. My new home has made everything more convenient for me and we're closer to school and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I called LGI Homes to schedule an appointment to look at a home and before the rep showed it to me, he went over the pricing. They had the best offers price-wise and yard-wise, they had everything we were looking for. It took me a while to decide but I decided we wanted it. After that, we went back to the office and gave them the money orders needed for the down payment. Two days later, we went and talked to the loan officer and they told us to have all the information about what we chose. They kept in contact with us so that when we need it, we could give them everything by the time we finished it. Three and a half weeks later, I was ready to call it my home. We closed on a pre-built home and it was great. It was an easy process as well and LGI had great customer service. Their sales rep was great as well and he answered all the questions I needed to ask.

I like everything about the home - the space in all the rooms including the kitchen, the dining room and the hallway. The community was also gorgeous. It’s very quiet. Also, the rep took us to the amenities after he showed us the home and we liked it. The only problem I have with it was not allowing me to bring my whole family to the pool. The rep explained that it gets overcrowded and I understand that, but I have a lot of niece and nephews. Now, I have to tell a few of them that they couldn’t come because I could only bring a limited number and that’s the rule. But I'm happy as I was staying with my mom and staying in one room with my partner. We now have our own place and it's amazing.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I had worked with LGI Homes in Tennessee. Just about a month ago, I made another purchase with them. Everything was positive with their sales guy and finance people. I was stunned by their service. They were personal and they worked 100%. The transaction wasn’t like a sale and it wasn’t focused on money. They made sure that I got the right property and deal.

The house I bought was a pre-built one, but it was unoccupied. It was one of those homes that other people were going to get, but it fell through the cracks on a series of purchases. I am happy with this purchase. The quality of the build looks pretty good. It’s builder grade but I will do the customizations later. Also, the community we live in is growing. LGI Homes is outstanding. I recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Our LGI home was under construction when we started the purchase process and we closed on the 3rd of August. The process was okay but my problem was with the construction. When construction was going on, I told the people at LGI Homes that I didn’t much approve of the way the home was being built. There were cracks in the floor, the baseboards were not meeting the floor properly, and there's no attic space. That’s not a big problem but it’s poor workmanship. I was told they were fixed, but they were fixed using caulk, which to me is not acceptable when I’ve got to append the gap from the floor meeting the wall that’s still uncaulked. Also, while I was hoping for a larger pool or two to three smaller pools, the amenities in the new home community only includes a small pool.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

At the end of August, I was able to make a purchase with LGI. They had a good deal. Their rep Derrick was very knowledgeable and he kept us in the loop of everything that was going on with the transaction of getting the house vantage being built and getting the loan. I got a spec home and it’s been fine. It survived the rain. Plus, it’s also a nice community.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We looked at some homes that were used and LGI seemed like the best way for us, as new homebuyers, to buy a new home. LGI was a zero-down and no closing cost. We started with a different sales rep, but he was out on vacation and Art took over and he was with us the entire step of the way. He was great and I've referred two people to him since. We told LGI which prebuilt model we liked, and they showed us the ones that were available. We chose the one we wanted and went from there. The process took three weeks, which was really fast. The house was built very well and we're happy with the amenities. It's a farther commute for me to work, but it's a new home.

We had a little leak in the back door because of the hurricane and LGI is getting that fixed, so they're on top of everything. The neighborhood is very nice, unfortunately, we had a little bit of crime during the hurricane, which bothered me. I joined the Facebook Bauer Landing Group and after this happened, the neighborhood got together and started a neighborhood watch, which I really like. Also, Marlene, my loan officer, was awesome. She was patient and very easy to get a hold of during my questions. Even though I was a pain in the butt at some time, she was there. It was a really good experience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I like how LGI Homes helps people. I purchased a home a month ago from them and it's already built. I thought the purchase process was going to be a lot difficult, but they helped me a lot. The build was good and the community is beautiful. Living in my new home helps and it's a big improvement on my daily life.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We went over to LGI Homes and checked it out. We liked the house we saw and purchased a prebuilt home on August 14th. Maury, our sales rep, was always so nice and respectful and we were kept well-informed of what was going on. I always got an email saying at what process we were at and we were treated very nicely the whole way through the whole process, which was 30 days. We got everything we wanted in the house that was built and we use the playground in the brand new community.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We needed a home and we got an appointment with LGI Homes. We came, saw the homes and we liked what we saw. The sales representative at LGI Homes was awesome. He answered any questions that we had and kept us up to date on the process. He said he needed to meet us and he did and it was a very nice experience. We’re in Phase 2 and our home was the last home that was being built in it. They all built the same landscape but with different layouts. Our house wasn’t completely built when we purchased it so we saw the process of it being built. Everything was done because things were already picked out.

The quality of the home was good with my furnishings but it was hard for AT&T because there weren’t enough wiring for the home. LGI’s new home community is good though, because there are not too many people yet. It was an awesome experience to see your forever home getting built. We had great people that would answer any of our questions at any time and was willing to work with us. It was a very good experience being a first-time home buyer and it wasn’t as stressful as I thought. I’m really happy with our home.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like LGI Homes’ structure and the materials they use are above the other construction builders. I made my purchase three weeks ago. Their sales rep was very respectful, informative and knowledgeable. We call him whenever we have questions and he reaches out to us on the same day, sometimes even after five minutes. It only took us about four weeks to get everything set up from the loan company and then with LGI Homes. Also, the walk-in process was very quick because the reps had to do the processing on the same day of the closing.

It's a brand new house and it's very well-built. I like that it has an open area. It’s really open and very spacious. The master bedroom was awesome. It feels like it’s another house. Our granite countertops are strong and well-placed. The materials are top of the line and not like the other materials of some houses where the whole house shakes when you go to the second floor. Also, the house is very furnished. The carpeting is a different color than the regular commercial color that the other houses are putting in and it has very nice colored tiles too. I'm very happy with the standard appliances that came with the home as well.

However, I have problems with the final touch-ups and I'm still waiting for two other staff that I have to talk to. They also told me that there are some extra things going on to the windows and the walls to sliding doors to the patio, which I'm still waiting for. Other than that, the neighborhood is amazing. It feels like I'm in a different town and everything is quiet and very clean when walking to the community. I love my house and I'm very happy with the community. We have recommended it to other people and they are in the process of getting the house.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

LGI Homes built houses to spec even though the wait time was very short so one can buy as they build. We went with LGI for the cost and process of building. Their sales rep was knowledgeable with some very good information. The process of buying was very smooth and they handled nearly all the entire process. They make it very easy for the consumer and everything was done right there on site, didn't have to travel anywhere to go to any type of company. Our home was pre-built and they built it to whatever spec they wanted to go to, whatever paint they want, and whatever carpet they want. That was fine for me, but it would have been better if we were able to choose from options. We've been living in the home for 2 weeks already. A pool would have been nice amenity but I’m satisfied overall.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We were looking around everywhere to find a home location and found this one by LGI. They were very good with us for the first meet. We were shocked to find out they checked our credit and said that we were pretty much already approved by the looks of it. So, it was an easy process. We met with the lender who said that everything looks well and that they just needed some paperwork. Then we gave them our paperwork and they handled it as quickly as possible. LGI kept reassuring us through the wait process that they were excited to give us our keys and they were reliable. We ended up meeting again on the closing date and got our keys.

The house was pre-built and really well-done. The Prescott plan was also very nice and I loved it. We asked them to fix a few minor things and they did it the next day. There's a park, a nice walk area, and a lake that's really pretty in our community and the people are very welcoming. During our first night, a couple of neighbors came to greet me. It’s peaceful here and I feel more at ease. I can spend more time with the family, too and I love it. I suggested to a few other people that they should try LGI because it went as smoothly as possible for us and we had a wonderful experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I have a buddy that works for LGI. We just went out there to look and found a pre-built house that we like and purchased it two weeks ago. I like the community. It’s nice, very private and we're satisfied with their amenities. LGI's sales rep always answered any question I had. Although there are few issues trying to do some stuff, it's all good beyond that. All the rooms are supposed to be pre-mounted for a ceiling fan. They just come with the lights in there, but you’re supposed to be able to hang a ceiling fan. The shower is a little low in our bathroom and then there’s the bathtub. That wall that comes out between them, if they would’ve made that wall two inches longer, they could have made the face of the wall straight. But because they didn’t do that, it’s got a slight curve and you can see that in the floor that goes along the bottom.

It doesn’t bother me, there’s nothing you can do about it, but you could just see where the wall isn’t straight because of that base floor. They have good people and did everything that I asked before we moved in. I know they’re supposed to deal with small issues, but we didn’t run across those at that time so we’re trying to move in and hang fans and that’s not their fault. That’s their contractors’ fault. Other than that, the experience was great.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had been getting LGI postcards for a year so when I decided to purchase a home, I looked at them. I got a prebuilt home two weeks ago. The sales rep and I had a few communication issues that we had to go over a couple of times but he was a good guy. The purchasing process was easy. I picked out the home that I liked and the community that I wanted in. They told me they were in the process of building so I went over there, checked it out and I decided I wanted that. While my house is basic, it feels good and I love it. I had moved out from my apartment on the 3rd floor of a building so I had a lot of stairs. I'm glad I don't have that now and my life is easier. I feel good to come home to something that I own. Also, the community is good and quiet. I like to get out and sit on my porch a lot of days. I met a couple of my neighbors who are already there and they seemed nice. It's fun, which is what I like. LGI did a great work.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We looked at two different home builders and LGI seemed to fit our needs. We were downsizing and the home was a great fit for us. We're in the home now and we love it. It still has the brand new smell. Joel was our salesman and he was more than helpful, our interactions with him were great. We went and we talked to Joel if we can get qualified first. Then, after we were, which didn't take long at all, we looked at a house, picked it out. It was already ready to go and was everything we wanted. The loan and everything was all in one location. So, it was very easy.

When we started to pay for it and process was going crazy. Joel just kept us calm and assured us that everything's moving and our home is fine. He kept us informed so it was really easy to do. Right now, we're the only family on the block. But I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot more people with the way they build. It's just quiet and very nice. I'm very happy with LGI. I really appreciate the ease of the move, the ease of putting it in and the quality people that walk you through it. Being a first-time house owner, you cannot ask for a nicer bunch of people to help you out with this and we really appreciate that. I have recommended them and two people are coming out to look at my house and they'll be talking to LGI themselves.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We're raising a couple of our grandchildren and I needed security and peace of mind that they and my wife were taken care of. We wanted a house and LGI Homes met our needs. I liked the look and feel of their homes. Their female sales rep also helped us out the best she could and tried to get us in. They could have been a little bit more communicative but I could understand that they had a lot of other people.

I was interested in how the house was being built and what was put into it, so I went over the area quite a bit. I saw the house being built from the ground up and everything that was put into it looked pretty good. It looked like it had quality windows and doors and the house looked very energy efficient which is what I like. It was built to my and my wife's satisfaction. We made the purchase on the 21st of August and got a lot of really nice deals on upgrades. Price-wise and everything that was included was also great. My wife and I love the house and we're satisfied with the amenities. Now, we're living the American dream. But we're the only ones in the community and we're waiting to see what kind of neighbors we get. There's a lot of "sold" signs and I think there's another family that's coming in. Overall, it's been a fantastic experience and I have recommended LGI Homes.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We closed on August 4th on our prebuilt house from LGI Homes, but my experience with them was rushed, pressured and shady. Their sales rep made a lot of promises but after the housing was completed, he didn't really follow through on a lot of them. It's pretty terrible quality and there were several issues with the house. There were nails sticking out of the wood on the garage door which was pretty dangerous and there's also a strip where the wall meets the roof that only had the primer right underneath there and didn't get painted. Also, the water didn't work at first and when they fixed it, they had to drill in the drywall and it took them a week and a half to come back out and patch them. Several people have asked me if LGI Homes is a good company to work with, but I'd tell them to run the opposite direction.

LGI Homes response

Hi Cory,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your experience. Please know that this is neither a typical representation of our process, nor a true reflection of our dedication to exceptional customer service.

If you do have any warranty issues moving forward, please be sure to submit your claim through our online portal at https://www.lgihomes.com/warranty.cfm

We hope you enjoy your new home.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I wanted to stay in the area where LGI Homes was located because I was renting a house that’s about four miles up the road. And I wanted to be close to 315 and to everything within Winder because of my job. I purchased a house from LGI Homes that was already in the process of being built. Everything was great until about a week before closing. I'm a police officer and I don't make $100,000 a year. So, I had to get the other half gifted from a family member for the closing costs and I'm just going to pay him back in the long run.

The loan officer told me that all he needed from the family member was a copy of the bank statement. So, I got a copy of the bank statement and gave it to him. The next day, the loan officer told me, "Hey, this isn't going to be sufficient enough. I needed it to be stamped from the bank." I went to get a stamp and I brought the statement back. The next day it's still not sufficient enough because it showed that it was pending. I understand that underwriters were picky, but at that point, the loan officer was splitting hairs. It was clear as day on that account where the deduction was from and then on my account where I had deposited the money. And then we went through and went to the bank, so I had to miss work.

I've closed last Tuesday on the 5th and the home was done around Thursday or Friday previous of that week. I went in and did my own walkthrough. Then I found that there were a lot of issues that needed to be fixed before closing. I gave that list to the builder. However, those things were not fixed before closing. When I did my final walkthrough three hours before closing with him, I pointed everything out and he marked everything down. The sheetrock guy was supposed to come on Monday, but still I’m not seeing him. And then there's a few touch of spots that needed to be repainted. I haven’t heard about that as well.

There's also a creak in the upstairs master bedroom that I pointed out to the builder and he said he'd fixed it, but he still hasn't done it yet. In addition to those, I got a stinking three by three back patio. I paid $191,000 for this house so I was expecting it to be a lot bigger, but it is not even big enough for my grill. If it is, I'll be able to open up my back door, open up the grill, flip everything and close it. Lastly, the builder didn’t fill in an entire side of the house. I got a corner lot in the cul-de-sac and the front yard and left side of my house is basically the biggest part of my yard and it goes down to the sidewalk in the street. The builder told me that side of the house would be filled in. But after closing, that wasn’t filled in. And the builder said, "Oh they told me I couldn't." So, I got a huge letter U and there’s a patch in between. I'm not too thrilled about it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We purchased a pre-built new home from LGI Homes about a month and a half ago. It was affordable and I fell in love with it and its floor plan, and everybody has been really helpful. Alberto, our sales rep, was amazing. He kept us in the loop at every single step and called to check up. He was so knowledgeable and kind, and he answered every single question. I just had a baby, she’s six months now, and Alberto told me that everything was all right. He made a way to listen and we’re so comfortable with him.

The house is excellent, they’ve put in really good appliances and I love the tile floors and the double pane windows in the kitchen. The carpet in the living room is really nice and soft. And since I have two young kids, I like that it had a built-in child-proof outlet. I like the curving of the granite counter-tops too, how it’s rounded on the edges. We like the placement of the bedroom sink as well in comparison to the master bedroom. After we got the house, we’ve put in an automatic garage door and got the water filtration system installed. The community is good, there is a park, and my six-year-old and I love it. We’re coming from an apartment so this whole house we have is easier, less stressful and better for all of us. It’s the best experience ever, completely life-changing and I’ve told so many people already about LGI Homes and about Alberto.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

LGI's salesperson was a really nice lady and she did her job well. As for the mortgage company, there was a couple of miscommunications, but they did fine. They were quick and I closed in two weeks. I bought the home and it still had to be finished, so I went through and did a walkthrough on all that needed to be fixed. However, they dragged their feet on it and their subcontractor’s concreting the front. They had to pull a whole slab up, and then when they poured it back, there were three cracks running through it while the rest of the driveway has no cracks.

When they first came out to pour it, the contractor wasn’t going to put a rebar in, he wasn’t going to do anything. He was just going to pour it. I told them, “You can’t pour it.” I said, “This doesn’t have the rebar in it tied into the existing driveway.” Something went wrong when they spilled something when they did the concrete at the front door and they said they’d acid wash it. And they did but there’s a patch on my front door, didn’t get the markup and now left a discoloration where the acid wash is.

Furthermore, there was a wall base that was out three inches. You could just see it with the bow and there was a metal plate in there for no reason, so they dug that out of there and redid it, but the guy didn’t finish the drywall. The superintendent was supposed to call me back. I called their vice president, and he said that "The superintendent would get with you,” and he never got back with me. It’s basically a clean home, but they had a few problems with this one, and their customer service isn’t very good. It bothers me when you go to a new home and you see these defects that should have been taken care of and still not taken care of. I’m still waiting for them to address it, but they haven’t come back to me yet.

According to their paperwork, everything is supposed to be addressed within two weeks after I move in. But that’s went and gone and it’s still not addressed. They’re not watching their subcontractors close enough and their quality has suffered a little bit because of it. Also, the community is a little bit run-down in the area, which is the HOA. They don’t have anything to do with the HOA, but they should be able to have some say in it. But I don’t think there are enough homes in the development to have enough money to do what they’re supposed to do. But I think there will be once they sell it out.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

LGI's fees were affordable and it took me six months to complete my home purchase from them. The home, which has a floor plan that was already designed, is a good quality product. Also, their sales team was outstanding and their finance guy was very knowledgeable. Plus, the community was very warm and welcoming. It’s very relaxing now that I've settled in and it's been a fantastic experience. I’d recommend LGI to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I closed on my LGI home on August 8 and it didn’t go as smoothly as I wanted it to go, but it was a learning experience for me. I wish the house would have looked more as the model that you see when you go to the actual LGI location. They have that house all fixed up and nice. I wish there would have been more to it because it feels like I'm paying more to fix it up the way it needs to be fixed up. The blinds and other stuff that needs to be in there should already come with the home, especially when you spend so much money a month on it.

The community would’ve been a nice area to be in but all the houses look the same and I don’t like it. Also, amenities should be offered in the neighborhood because it’s a two-part neighborhood. We have the older homes on one side of the street and the newer homes on the other side of the street. My kids have to walk all the way through the older homes for a park. That should be offered in the newer area as well for the kids over here. I feel like LGI is more concerned about the money versus the client.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I like the area here and one day, I dropped by LGI Homes and talked to them. Everybody was extremely helpful and willing to work with us compared to other people. They developed a plan that worked well with us and explained everything that we needed to do to qualify. They were amazing and they provided good customer service. We made our home purchase in mid-July and it was a smooth transition. LGI's reps were efficient and quick. Our community is great and I love it. I also like that it's a gated community. It’s so quiet in this area, especially at night, and I get to have a good night's sleep. There’s also this one street, one cul-de-sac that doesn’t have anybody living any further, so it’s nice that we could use it the best way. I love the size of our yard, too, and it’s a lot greener than where I was before. Plus, there’s a lot more space in the home and I feel more comfortable. Overall, it's been an exceptional experience for new home buyers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

We went and looked at homes from LGI. The representative that they have in the branch did a really good job at selling the house. I like the fact that when we were coming to look at the houses, they just gave us the key and told us which houses were available for us to go inside and look so we were able to look at the house and have a conversation about it. It was more comfortable, the fact that they gave us that freedom to go and look at the house without them being in every room with us. We liked the price and we purchased a prebuilt home. We’ve moved in about a month ago.

So far, it’s been good. However, before we moved in, when we did the walkthrough with the guy about the warranty, I wrote down a bit of things such as marks on the wall, then our commode which is up against the wall has no space and so the lid at the top of the commode sticks out. So when my husband uses the toilet and raises the seat, it doesn’t stay up because it pushes the lid forward and so it doesn’t let the toilet seat stay up. And our lock on our door is messed up. There’s a lot of things that I wrote down that they haven’t even tried to come out and fix. We were told that they will be fixed the first week upon moving but we’ve been here for a month now.

The carpet and flooring have been good except for the little bubbling that I saw but it’s not really noticeable. I just caught it with the door open and the light hit it perfectly that I could see it. Other than that, the quality is good. The carpet’s soft and comfortable when you come in. The color of the floor and carpet that they chose was really nice. We like the appliances but we want to upgrade them eventually. We don’t really like the black but it’s livable. However, when we were cooking on the stove and the microwave is above our stove, the vent doesn’t trap out any air. We didn’t notice it until we had moved.

I like that everybody’s yard was really nice and that they did the landscaping. I wish though that there’s a landscaping in the back because it is just rocks and dirt, no plant, no grass. The slab on our backyard is just a small slab that when you walk out at the back door it’s really high up there. I’ve almost lost my balance quite a few times just going up there. Nevertheless, I really like our home. It’s very pretty and we’re really pleased with it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I got a prebuilt home almost a month ago and I chose the one from LGI Homes because of their down. Their sales reps were amazing, friendly and informative. They also went above and beyond to explain everything and help out. Their process was pretty simple too and as quick as I’ve ever done. I like the community a lot and the quality of the house is great. The amenities are perfect,too and everything seems in mind. Having settled in, living in the house makes everything a whole lot easier, and gives me a sense of privacy and a place I can call home. I’m glad with the purchase and everybody did awesome. This is by far the best experience I’ve ever had.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I was looking for a home and saw LGI Homes on the internet and tried it. They wanted my credit score and everything passed. I purchased from them last month and they built a home for me. It's of decent quality. I asked about the shower rack though. I was told they didn't come with the house as well as the ceiling fans and I would like to have those. As far as the window blinds, there are blinds in certain windows but not in all the windows.

The community is laid back and I like it. But I wonder if I have to pay for the amenities offered there. I have been getting stuff in the mail in the last couple of days but I have been at work so much so I didn't have time to get back at them and ask what's going on. Otherwise, everything is okay right now. They are very nice people and helpful at LGI.

LGI Homes Company Information