toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We were just looking and my husband came upon LGI Homes. When we got there, they made us feel comfortable. They already had an available area so we took the lot and they built there. I'm very confident in it and I feel like it was ours from the start. We love it and we feel like we made a good investment. Their reps were excellent and they really made us feel at home. We came over every weekend to check on the progress of the home and they always welcome us in and tell us what's going on. The builders are very innovative. They did a whole lot of things that we wouldn't even thought of. I'm one of those people that when I see something go up, I want to read about it. So everything that they did from the material and everything, I read about it and they used some of the best stuff. Overall, they were excellent.

I had a great experience with LGI Homes. They were the ones that helped us the most. Everyone there was eager and happy to assist us with anything we needed or guide us when we didn't know what we needed to do and how to do it. Dealing with other agencies and realtors was overwhelming and a lot to take in. I didn't know any better even after I took a first buyer's class. It was a lot of information all at one time. I started to wonder whether I was doing the right thing. Buyer's remorse started to get in, like if it's the right choice or the right time.

But the LGI people came in and they guided me through it. They asked me from day one how much I was going to pour in. They took me to a house where my budget was, told me it was the house they thought would fit me the best and walked me through it. They made it really easy to come in and buy the house. I think this is how they make it. From people to like the walk-throughs to the downpayment, every step was easy. They encouraged me, stood behind me and told me the steps that were needed to be done. They told me not to worry as it was all going to work out. We started the paperwork in December and we received our pre-built house in February. It's well -built and the community is very nice, clean and well-kept. I'm hoping they get more people here and start a new life. We're very much satisfied with the amenities too.

Being in our new home has been positive for me. I'm somewhere where I want to be. I'm happy to wake up to the smell of a new house and I always feel the calm after walking into my own home. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I'm satisfied. LGI took an overwhelming experience and made it very easy to accomplish purchasing a house. I hear these horror stories and hope it doesn't happen to me. But then I go through this experience with LGI and I suggest for others to try them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother has got a home from LGI and he had told me about them. I made my purchase in April of this year and everybody at LGI was very helpful, informative, and treated us very kindly. I didn’t have any worries because they answered my questions about anything. Most of the time when we went with a question, they were always friendly and cooperative. I'm very thankful for them because they helped my experience in buying a home for the first time to be very pleasant and easy.

We were happy to be in the first group of LGI homes that were being sold in the area. They made it very fun when we went to pick out the home. There was a team of LGI workers who came and helped us fill out the application and different things. Then we all drove over to the home and when they pointed to us the home, we got out of the car, ran and got the sale sign, and put it on what would be our home that we’d be purchasing. That day we got to go and look inside the home because we had already seen the floor plan before we went over there, but we hadn’t really got to go inside.

We're very pleased with the quality of the home so far and the amenities offered in the community are very good. I have two kids who still live with me and are working and they're closer to their jobs so they enjoy that. The home is closer to where we go to work and where we go to church and also close to a school area where my grandkids go to. We don’t have that many people in the community yet, but they are coming. We’re seeing different people moving in. It's exciting to see that. There are also different people coming to look at the houses and ask us how we like living over in the area. Also, I'm still trying to get some of my friends to buy into it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We closed on our pre-built LGI home about two months ago and the sales reps were awesome and helpful. They made the whole process clear, easy and understandable. With an LGI home, you don’t make any customizations. They build and all the add-ons that you would add then with another builder. It’s high quality and we’re happy with it, including the location. It’s an awesome house. Plus, we're completely satisfied with the amenities and the community that we live in has been good to us so far. And we used to live in an older house that we were renting, and now we’re paying the same in rent that we are paying for a brand-new house that we own and we’re also making equity on it, so we’re really happy that we made the decision to buy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased an LGI home a month and a half ago. We liked the layout of the house and the price range was in our budget. We also like LGI’s community because it is really quiet. The sales rep was great and answered all our questions. We chose a pre-built house because had to move fast since our old home has been sold pretty quick. When we moved, there were some issues with the floor and the walls, but LGI is already in the process of fixing them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked the look of the houses at LGI Homes, the convenience as it’s close to the shopping areas, and the community that it's in. It's quiet and peaceful. It’s a low crime area and people aren’t outside. So, that’s also beneficial. The salesperson was very nice and helpful. We looked at the models and purchased a pre-built home with the model that we liked. The financing was also a smooth process.

I’m very happy with most of the quality but there were a few things that LGI Homes did not do a good job with. There were a few areas where paint seemed to be missing. They overlooked areas that didn’t get painted well. The guest shower doesn’t have the hot and cold indicators in the proper location. They’re swapped. It would also be great if they could put a community in, but nevertheless, I’m satisfied with the amenities and I like the parks. Though we just moved in, it’s a good life here. It’s a beautiful place.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everyone that I spoke with at LGI was awesome. They all answered every question. When we had some mail come through and I had questions, I texted the person that we were in correspondence with at LGI on our own device even after the close dates, and she was warm and happy to help us out. The quality of the job done was pretty good. If we have any issues, we can put in a work order and they’ll come out and fix it. We’ve had minor issues like the shower doors and we put a work order in and someone was out really quick to fix the problem. We are in a brand new subdivision and the kids love the parks. I love the grass. We're pretty close to two different little play area parts for them. If any of my friends would want to come out here, I'd definitely recommend LGI. They are VA friendly and would walk you through step-by-step.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Florida and we were looking for homes. LGI were still building on the area. It was big. What I liked about it was the openness of the place that they built. The houses were not so accumulated, one on top of each other. You have areas where you get that wind coming through and you feel the elbow room. That’s one of the reasons I bought it. I also liked the house and the way it was built so I bought it. LGI's sales rep was very courteous. He helped us a lot in all the questions. I felt right at home with him so I was very glad. I didn’t find the buying process difficult. It was the first one through Veterans but it was not the first experience buying a house. Being in the state was totally different than buying a house elsewhere. Everything was organized and in place. If you got your paperwork, then everything will be smooth sailing. I had all my paperwork and I had everything done.

I’m very satisfied on the LGI Home community. It’s an excellent area. I like Lakeland. It’s away from the big cities. I was a retired air force and I was stationed at Orlando when Disney wasn’t there, when Orlando was a small, little town like Lakeland. Lakeland is a little bigger now but Orlando was very small. When I went back to Orlando, I said, “Oh, my God. I can’t live here, this place is too hectic.” So, that’s why I chose Lakeland. Anytime I want to go to Orlando, it's just a 40-minute drive and to go to Tampa is about the same. I'm right in the center of both so it's perfect. Plus, everything that I need is right there in Lakeland also. I don’t have to go too far out of my way to get anything that I need. My children are already big so I don’t have to worry too much about the schools. The experience has been fantastic. I'm satisfied with LGI.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes friendly sales representative walked me through every step of the way. I moved into the house on April 28th, which was within 30 days of buying the property. The house that I got is spacious, and I love how it has one of the bigger backyards. LGI community is also very quiet, and everybody here is great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for something that was more convenient for us in location, price and design and went with LGI Homes. It’s been a month since we bought the house from them. This is our first home. Everything is good except we wanted the wood floor and we didn’t get that. I know a lot of customers asking for it and we were willing to pay more but that wasn't in the floor plan that they had before. So far everything is good and we haven't had any bad experience.

After a week that we've been there, we spoke with Amy, a salesperson from LGI Homes. She was great. And the manager was Omari. They take care of you. They were there from beginning to end and made sure that we were okay. We weren’t stressed out about anything. Whatever's going on, they call us and let us know and they say, "Don't stress out. We will take care of everything." Ever since then we've been trying to refer as much people as we can to them because of the quality of the homes and the customer service. And when they tell you when they’re going to do the closing, that's when they do it. M/I Home is a bigger company but the customer service is way better in LGI Homes. The customer service is why my wife accepted LGI Homes over them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a relative in LGI Homes, and purchased from them in March. I had an issue with the sales team, but the management made it better. The house was already built and I love the community. It's very quiet and relaxing. It's also closer to work and it helps us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes has pretty nice houses and we liked the property. There was a lack of communication with first sales guy as he was hard to get in contact with, but the second guy was definitely amazing. And less than a month ago, the purchase of with LGI was finalized. We got a house that was already built and we love it, but there are a few things LGI said they were gonna come fix, like the paint scratches all over the door, that they never came and did. So we’re waiting to see if they are gonna come and fix those. Besides that, everything else is perfect. We love the neighborhood too. It's amazing and it's very quiet. I would definitely recommend LGI Homes to a friend.

My previous house is right down the street from the area where LGI Homes were building. I like that area so I chose LGI. We purchased a home on December 29th, newly built from the ground up. As far as closing, the reps were very helpful, friendly and they answered all my questions. They called to check up on me and let me know how things were going. So far, our neighborhood has been very quiet. The privacy is great. I have my own space which I'm happy with it.

However, there were no customizations and that's the only thing I disliked. I couldn't upgrade anything as the house was being built. There were some things that I would've liked to have gotten done like countertops, flooring and carpeting but for some reason, we couldn't make any changes. It would've saved a lot of heartaches, headache and trouble. Also, for some reason, LGI don't do any of their houses with sod in the backyard, which I don't understand. They should've included that in the price because it just didn't make sense.

We started the LGI Homes purchase process in September. I'm the only buyer and they required a lot of information and proof, including amount of income, but they worked with me. They were nice and trying their best. They helped with some little work. We would try to find and figure out something else. The sales reps worked very well us with us and they helped me a lot. Everything was easy and good. I like the way they handled everything. While we were doing the paperwork, LGI was building the home and we moved in on January the 1st.

I like everything about the house a lot. My kids like the house and the community, which is real calm. Also, the pool is right across my house, so it's a very good location. Everything is better. We have to keep up with the house, grasping all of that because we lived in an apartment before, but I know that we are in a better place than before. We recommended it to my sister and she's now moving in their neighborhood. That's how much we like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were curious to see how the LGI Homes neighborhood is. We drove by and liked the way it looks. We were thinking about buying the house and my parents saw the zero down and they wanted to see if it will work within their credit on it. When we went in and talked about it with the reps, they looked at my dad's credit and it was good for them. So they tried to assume what they can do for us. The reps were friendly, patient and knowledgeable. They explained every detail of the house perfectly clear. It was a good experience.

The house that we purchased was prebuilt but it was still in the making and being finished. By the time we signed all the paperwork and closed the good deal in April, it was already done. It looked amazing from the inside, as well as the outside. Everything, the whole quality of the house, looked perfect and was in working order.

I'm satisfied with the amenities. There's a small park and I just walk, turn up to the corner and it's right there. Where my house is angled, it has a good view of the outside world. The houses aren't just crammed on top of each other. There's two other houses on the side. In the front, I get a good view of the whole street and then at the back, I get a whole view of the fieldwork. It looks amazing from being in a community. It's not like I have any complaint, but it looks perfect. It's as if I'm still in the same house that my parents and I used to be in. There's some stuff that’s different, but at the same time, it's the same thing. I would recommend LGI Homes to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The house that I bought from LGI Homes was under construction when I looked at it and put an offering to buy it under a month ago. I liked the convenience of the way they handle things and their location in a residential area. Their rep was good too. They took me through the whole thing with the financing for the FHA and they made it easy for me.

However, there were a lot of issues where they could do much better. Their drywall and their paint is something to be desired. I don't know if the carpenters they used understand what levels and squares are for, but just about every window and door we found is way out of square which made it very difficult to put blinds in. We wanted shutters but that wasn’t realistic with some of these openings. Also, the slab underneath cracked about 5 ½-foot length off the tile in my master bath. They came out and fixed it but the guy that they sent out treated it as a construction site and not as an occupied dwelling. He took angle grinder to my floor and started cutting tile and grout. We're still cleaning off everything today and that was a week ago.

They could also add some more cable jacks. It's a four-bedroom house and they only provide two cable lines, one in the master bedroom and one in the living room. There's nothing in the family room, the dining room and the other bedrooms which I find odd in today’s day. I asked if we could pay extra to have it added, but they don’t offer that. Nevertheless, we're enjoying it so far. Even though we have a couple of issues, I'm still not completely discouraged with them and we're getting them worked on it a little at a time. From start to the finish, they were very helpful as far as taking care of the financing and they paid our closing cost. They were there for us for everything that we needed and answered all our questions so I would still recommend them.

I bought a home when most of the other homes weren't built yet. We paid extra for a view of Mt. Rainier, and we're told by the sales rep that we would have a view of the whole mountain. Homes were not going to be in the way. Now that the homes are going up rather quickly, I feel like I was taken for a ride. Every day new homes go up, we lose more of the mountain. Again, "There wasn't going to be any homes in the way." False. The rep left shortly after selling us the home. I don't feel comfortable recommending the builder to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From the moment that I stepped into the LGI building, I got a smile and a warm handshake. There was no pressure. The rep was attentive to what I wanted in a home and from start to finish, she was always there and always accessible even to the point of when I changed my mind. I stopped the process at one point in time and I had to revamp some things. But the second time around, I showed up and it was the same attitude. I closed on my home April 28th of this year and the process was thorough. The rep walked me through the process every step of the way even when I had to engage with the inspector, the lender and the different people that I was engaged in. She always was the preliminary person to that meeting and it was easy peasy. She listened to me as far as how much I wanted to pay overall and monthly for the home. This is my first home so she had set the standard.

I got a prebuilt home and I love it. I'm enjoying the energy efficiency portion of it. It is a one-story house and they went above and beyond with the amenities that are included. I feel as though it's solid and I haven't had to call them for anything. The community is quiet and I'm not in a cul-de-sac. I've had cordial conversations with my neighbors and one of them had a birthday party and we were invited. I hope LGI Homes keeps doing what they're doing and never compromise customer service and support. It was not hard for them to go above and beyond their level of standard customer service. I did my research before I chose to go with them and I can see why they're one of the top builders in Texas and in other states.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a house in Rosenberg then LGI popped up in Google. Brad ** in sales master was very nice and helpful and I closed on my house on April 28. The build was pretty good but LGI makes a very basic house and didn’t give any kind of incentive like a garage door opener. They don’t have to install the shower rods as well. It’s not a big deal if you do a $200,000 business and install a $200 garage door opener and a $15 shower rod. There’s a builder named Long Lake near LGI Homes which is giving a lot of incentives like a garage door and even the appliances and the washer and dryer but the problem was I already closed on my house when I saw its sign.

But my new LGI home is very nice and the neighborhood is good. A couple of houses have not been sold yet but the houses on my left and right are already occupied. There are residents in front of me as well and they are nice and they help us a lot like a part of the family. I’ve referred my friends to get their houses from LGI.

I got a prebuilt regular house from LGI Homes for the convenience. The sales reps sometimes were really helpful but sometimes they weren't. I made a deal with them and paid my earnest money but then they called me back and told me that we can’t make the deal. They did that to me twice so I pretty much raised my voice and expressed my discomfort. I wasn’t really happy with all that. After I told them how that wasn’t right and not so nice, they reviewed the situation, changed their mind and decided to go back to their regular deal. It was a headache, though. Overall, I really liked the whole experience. It wasn’t that bad but they can definitely do some improvement as they got some things that they need to figure out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI had better advertiser and salesperson on the company and it made me purchase from them a prebuilt home a couple months ago. They were excellent and awesome. Since the time that we arrived all the way to the closing, they were really nice. Excellent is not enough to describe the home quality, it's awesome. The neighborhood is beautiful and awesome. It looks really organized and we're extremely happy about it. We've been trying to buy a house for a long time and finally our dream came true. We can't thank enough their salesperson, Joel and the lady that works for him, Marlene and say how much they helped us to go through the whole process. We're thankful to them that we were able to get a house.

This is the third time that I’ve tried with LGI Homes. I've been struggling before to get a house with them and that was a model that I liked. The first two times, I just called and asked, and they gave me an estimate. This time, I finally got a house 5 months ago. The way they built it was perfect. LGI Homes have a model for each house and that’s the way they do it. The new community that we’re living in now is beautiful, I live like a queen. The only thing I have a little problem with is the patio. Every time that it rains, I get a little lake in the cement area that’s in front of the patio. But it’s okay, I have an idea of what I’m going to do now with that area. I hope it works.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had two sales representatives. The first one who we dealt with, Oliver, helped us look at things and get in our price range to see what’s available for us. Then, on a Sunday, we showed up just out of the blue and Art went around and showed us two other different styles of the houses which are both very nice and exceptional for us. The one that was available was the one that we liked and it’s the one we purchased. It was already built and we made the purchase two weeks ago. After doing all the paperwork, we had LGI Homes get everything going for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried to get a house, but it didn't work out. Then we saw LGI Homes in the area where I work and my husband liked those houses. Their sales rep was amazing. He was honest and explained everything in detail. He was on top of it every time we called him. When purchasing the house, the process was very cut and dry. We looked at the house and my husband liked him and we bought it. They built the house for somebody, but the person decided to go with another house. So it's new and nobody has lived in it. We made the purchase a couple of weeks ago and we are living in the home now. We love it. Though I would love it if they have a pool, it's better because my husband and I are only a couple of minutes away from our jobs.

My home buying experience was one to remember from start to finish! I made a simple phone call to inquire of the new community and from there Ms. ** allowed her God given talents to lead the way and because of that I closed on my new home a few days earlier than expected! For those seeking please stop by and ask for Ms. Sherika **. She will display to you the best of the best in customer service with a warm and beautiful smile. I love you all for life, thank you!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband is happy with LGI Homes and I’m not. We trusted everything because we like how it was a brand new house and we didn’t have to pay all those extra costs at closing compared to other houses. And then the lady that sold us the house is very nice and down to earth. Our realtor found the people so we went to the head office and the lady walked us through her speech. We saw three different houses and then we liked the second one so we went back to the office and did the paperwork.

They were building it already when we bought it last March. It has good quality. We like all the energy efficiency and the safety features. The outlets are good, you can’t be electrocuted. Plus, I really like the countertops and the big closet. However, the house that they showed us was not the house that we got. There are different features and I should’ve known that these things weren’t going to happen and it was going to be different. I mentioned it to them and they also were supposed to do some things in the house before we closed and they didn’t do any of that. They were supposed to take care of some of the cabinets in the bathrooms and they were supposed to clean it again because the toilet was nasty and they didn’t do any of that. But the new LGI Home Community is nice and quiet. It’s also affordable but you’re not getting everything they tell you you’re going to get.

I moved from Maine to New Mexico and LGI Homes was right near where I've been renting for nine years. I really like the area that I was in and LGI happens to be building within 10-15 minutes where I wanted to come home so it was a convenient location and good to do business with. I wasn't going to buy a house until I got rooted in but it seemed to have worked out fine and the process was easy. The way they had the house set up and built were pretty standard. I told them that I want a certain outside color and they made sure to give me that. And in the situation of mass purchase of houses, they did a really good job. I watched the whole thing from the ground up and I'm happy with the quality.

However, I would love to see more upscale people in my neighborhood. It's becoming a neighborhood for a lower end income and I'm looking for one that's otherwise. Maybe because I'm a little picky. I was planning on just paying the house off in two, three years and probably sell it down the road when I feel like it's the right time. Nevertheless, LGI people are wonderful to work and deal with. They're straight up and I couldn't ask for better honesty. Need something, it's taken care of. If ever I decide to own a builders company, I would want it ran the way they're doing it. They're doing a fantastic job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We figured we'd go to New Braunfels because we didn't wanna go into San Antonio. The experience with LGI Homes has been very informative, safe and supported for sure, definitely not overwhelming. The sales rep was awesome. He was very understanding and super funny. He was able to relate with our situation and we had a good connection. Even still nowadays, he still drives by and says hi. We purchased the prebuilt home a month ago and we're satisfied with the quality. Everything is working great. I'm very satisfied with the amenities. I also love the community. It's so peaceful. Our life has definitely changed. We have a little one who luckily now has his own room, so it's been really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been two weeks now since we purchased a prebuilt home with LGI Homes. The buying process didn't take long. Everybody was with it and showed us how to get it. They have good customer service. The loan guy and the young lady were good. They were the ones who were really putting in the extra effort to make sure that we do everything that we had to do to get the home. At one point, we almost backed out because we misunderstood one of the processes. But the young lady called and walked us through it and explained a little bit more so we got a better idea of what the process was.

It's a quiet and nice neighborhood. I feel more comfortable knowing that I'm coming home to our house because we lived in an apartment for about six years. We moved from out of town and it has been all good. However, they should reiterate that they have no down payment. They have that on the sign and that's what they're promoting but it is real small brackets to get to no down payment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

it's been three weeks since we closed our pre-built house from LGI. It's a good investment and so far, the quality of the house is good. I got what I paid for. In addition, the people in the community are pretty nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought an LGI home after it got finished and moved in a few weeks ago. We were attracted to the home’s location and how the houses were laid out. There’s a little bit of space between the houses and a bigger backyard than most places in the city. The 2400 square foot home is as basic as a new home can be, but it’s well-laid-out. It has four bedrooms and open space features between the kitchen and TV room. It also has a room for our formal dining room set, and this was important to us over the other layouts.

As far as the community goes, we have some great neighbors and it looks like somebody’s persistent on making sure that the general rules are being followed as far as upkeep on the homes is concerned. The clubhouse, workout room and pool appears to be in really good shape and well-kept. My family visited and they were impressed with how well the neighborhood looks. Our subdivision is the second or third phase of the neighborhood and you can tell where the neighborhood starts and where the old one starts. The difference between people’s front yards and how well the properties are taken care of is immediately noticeable.

LGI Homes is a great group to work with. The superintendent, Shannon, has been absolutely fantastic. He has been outstanding, very supportive and a very good communicator. We're very happy with the home so far. However, the way they dealt with my disclosure on working with a realtor and not being able to compensate her for working hard for us was upsetting to me. It really rubbed me in the wrong way because they insisted that I work with them and not with my realtor who's the only reason why they would sell me the house for the price and do everything they did. That was a crappy way to go about business.

My rent was going up to $1,100 and I've been living there for about eight years, so I decided I to buy a house. LGI Homes built the house for me and it went fairly well. I didn't have any issues. The sales rep was terrific. She kept me posted on the progress of the home being built and sent me pictures. My new home community is great. It's quiet. My neighbors are friendly and I like the area including the park that is nearby.

The only problem that I had is things were incomplete in the house. And it took them about four months to finish one wall that was incomplete. As a matter of fact they just came here today for it. And a tree on my front yard has been there since I moved in and they haven't responded yet at all. I also got some catch-ups around the house though I can take care of those myself.

When I did the walk through, I told them about the issues that were happening with the house. Their rep said he'd take care of it. And two months later, I had to go back down to the office and got the whole line and did all the things they were supposed to. I was almost to a point that I was gonna go to posters and stand on the sidewalk in front of their place of business and protest. And they finally instructed to get things done. One of the contractor said that he wanted me to wait until the end of year because when the house settles, it might do a little cracking. But I told him that I wanted to paint and didn't want to wait until the end of the year to start painting my living room. So, he went along and took care of it. My only suggestion is to get them to give a homeowner a time and a date so they can take care of things in a timely manner.

LGI Homes Company Profile