toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We were just looking and my husband came upon LGI Homes. When we got there, they made us feel comfortable. They already had an available area so we took the lot and they built there. I'm very confident in it and I feel like it was ours from the start. We love it and we feel like we made a good investment. Their reps were excellent and they really made us feel at home. We came over every weekend to check on the progress of the home and they always welcome us in and tell us what's going on. The builders are very innovative. They did a whole lot of things that we wouldn't even thought of. I'm one of those people that when I see something go up, I want to read about it. So everything that they did from the material and everything, I read about it and they used some of the best stuff. Overall, they were excellent.

I had a great experience with LGI Homes. They were the ones that helped us the most. Everyone there was eager and happy to assist us with anything we needed or guide us when we didn't know what we needed to do and how to do it. Dealing with other agencies and realtors was overwhelming and a lot to take in. I didn't know any better even after I took a first buyer's class. It was a lot of information all at one time. I started to wonder whether I was doing the right thing. Buyer's remorse started to get in, like if it's the right choice or the right time.

But the LGI people came in and they guided me through it. They asked me from day one how much I was going to pour in. They took me to a house where my budget was, told me it was the house they thought would fit me the best and walked me through it. They made it really easy to come in and buy the house. I think this is how they make it. From people to like the walk-throughs to the downpayment, every step was easy. They encouraged me, stood behind me and told me the steps that were needed to be done. They told me not to worry as it was all going to work out. We started the paperwork in December and we received our pre-built house in February. It's well -built and the community is very nice, clean and well-kept. I'm hoping they get more people here and start a new life. We're very much satisfied with the amenities too.

Being in our new home has been positive for me. I'm somewhere where I want to be. I'm happy to wake up to the smell of a new house and I always feel the calm after walking into my own home. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I'm satisfied. LGI took an overwhelming experience and made it very easy to accomplish purchasing a house. I hear these horror stories and hope it doesn't happen to me. But then I go through this experience with LGI and I suggest for others to try them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes would wait until the last minute to tell me something that needed to be changed. I'm out of state most of the time so there are times when I had to leave and drive 15 hours to get home just to sign one piece of paper. I'd call and leave messages and I wouldn't hear back from them until it was absolutely needed to be done. Lack of communication was a big deal for me.

There are some things that could be done better as far as the leveling of the foundations, the backyard, and the fence work. They didn't seal the tiles, so we had to redo all the tile and grout work and make sure to put a seal over the grout. But the neighbors here are a lot better. The community is better and the streets are bigger. There's more room for my son to be able to go outside and play. We moved from an area where the streets were so compact and he really couldn't roll down the driveway on his bike, and I have to worry about cars coming. My fiance is happier too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes showed me how to build my credit. I purchased from them a month ago and the sales representatives were awesome. I like everything about them. LGI built the home from the floor to up and the quality of the build was good. Also, the LGI new home community I live in is okay. I'm very satisfied with the amenities they have offered. Everything was great with LGI and I was so happy.

I have never heard of something brand new having so many issues. When we first moved into the home one of our main requests for the builder to fix was damage to the baseboards in a room adjacent to the upstairs bathroom. We mentioned the request several times and were told that the builder looked at it. This was not fixed until after we moved in and it was like pulling teeth to get that arranged. Fast forward to a week being in the house. We have had major issues with our hot water not working. At this point the plumber says if our heater goes out again it's electrical. An electrical issue in a new house! Hot water is a basic human right. Prisoners get hot water! They can't come out and properly fix their mistakes the first time.

My husband wanted to try the upstairs bathroom to take a shower. He turns on the water and there is no pressure coming from the shower head. He turns it off, but can still hear water running. He runs down stairs and sees water pouring from our living room ceiling, the light fixture, the AC vent. The builder would not answer his phone. We had to track him down in the neighborhood. When my husband finds him he tells us that's a plumbing problem to call them! We called, got them out the next day. It turns out a pipe had frozen. We bought the house in June and just moved in. The water damage to the baseboards I had mentioned was actually water damage from this happening before!!!

How can trained professionals miss such a huge mistake? And if the builder actually looked at the baseboards we complained about how could a trained professional not recognize water damage? They had no sense of urgency to come out and fix the damage. The painter they use lost our second appointment so we had to reschedule after wasting a day waiting for them. This is an ongoing issue for over a month. We can't live in our living room in fear that our belongings may get damaged by the repairs (paint and spackle). This is the most unorganized company I have ever worked with. They don't care about their work. I'm about one cold shower away from picketing outside their sales office in my neighborhood.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a prebuilt home from LGI. The representative was very helpful. He explained everything, about the community, about the home down to depending on my credit, how much my house note would be every month, and if I have to pay, how much I would have to pay down. I also love the new home community. It's wonderful and I'm satisfied with the amenities. It's a new home and I never thought I'd be in one. It's nice with a big family. Where I used to live, we couldn't have the dishwasher on while someone was taking a shower at the same time. I have five kids and it's awesome that they could be taking shower, I could be taking a shower, and the dishwasher's on. The experience has been very easy and pain-free. I recommended LGI to everybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The LGI representative was very friendly and willing to provide information. The purchasing process was really smooth and the house was already built when I bought it. The home community is very well. The layout is comfortable too. Living in my new home is pretty decent and it's a totally different thing. I appreciate and I'm happy with the customer service and all the support provided throughout the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought the house from LGI Homes last 6-22-17. Their business model was our reason to choose them. The house was completed when I purchased it but I'm the first owner. It's a brand new home. The quality is what I paid for, it's great. This new home improved my life 5000%. Before this, I was renting. I'm now a homeowner. It's the American dream to be a homeowner, right? I have no problems with the LGI community I live. I live on a cul-de-sac and it's nice, quiet and private. My neighbors are nice. I'm satisfied with the amenities they offer. I bought an economy model and I got a lot of features for what I paid for. If I would have bought one of the more expensive models, I'd have more features.

The sales representative was amazing and very informative. He answered all of my questions, seems to be in sync with what I was asking. I didn't feel like I was getting the run-around or he was having to make up things to answer. It seemed very factual and he seemed to really know his business. Everyone knows everyone, they communicate. They know each other and work as a team. US Homes could really learn a lesson from them. LGI Homes business model is amazing and that more builders should encompass this particular business model. The fact that I was able to go to one spot and not only view the home that was in my budget, I could also purchase and deal with my realtor right out of that office. I was also able to go back to that same spot and deal with my loan officer and my mortgage broker to deal with my closing and my title company, all in the area.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I made a purchase and closed on the house from LGI Homes a month ago. The other builders in the area were outside of the price range I could afford, so I chose them. Their sales rep Brad was excellent. LGI was in the process of building the house when we came in and we bought it out of their inventory. But it was finished the day or two before we closed on the house.

Purchasing the home was pretty streamlined. LGI was very good at communicating back and forth but it still took about 30 days to get all the necessary paperwork, underwriting, and approvals done. There was one issue where the lender created a closing disclosure but did not match with the contract from LGI was telling me it should have been. I felt that it was intentional rather than an accidental swap. So, at first I was apprehensive. However, after I brought that to LGI’s attention, they came back in less than 48 hours and got it corrected. And then, we moved forward. It wouldn't be technically on LGI, but on the lender that they went through. Other than that, there were no hitches in the process.

I'm very happy with the quality of the house. I love it. The project manager explained everything top to bottom and inside out, from the siding to the insulation in the attic. So, we had a great understanding of what was in our house. Also, the new community we live in is a great neighborhood. It’s quiet, but I'm assuming that'll change as people continue to move in. It’s tucked away and not on a major road. We’d have to make a couple turns to get to the subdivision so there's not a whole bunch of traffic flying by. Also, it's close to a major freeway that takes us all the way into Houston. I’m very satisfied with the amenities offered too.

Living in my new house definitely made life easier. I used to live out by Hobby Airport which was about an hour away from some of the locations I work at. I'm an area manager for a restaurant chain and I'm over four restaurants. Three of my stores are very close to where we are now, whereas only one was close to where I was before. So, this move is saving me an hour and a half a day in driving. Also, it's my house rather than renting. So, there's that ownership factor that's just fantastic for my mindset.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a new home and this one from LGI Homes had a good view in the back off the porch and it was in our price range. Also, the split bedroom was to our advantage. It was already built and the layout of the whole house was good. There was somebody else that had bought the house and for some reason, they backed out. They’ve also added an extra garage. So instead of having a two car garage, it has a three-car garage which was something that we wanted. We had a good walk-through with the sales representative and we talked to the person that was in-charge of the construction. He wrote all the defects down and it was recorded.

But we've been having some problems getting all those things done. The problem is I'm over here in Grand Junction. I've talked to our realtor and he's been trying to find out what's happening. I was talking my son and there was a deep hole on the side of the house that the water would run into. And that was supposed to be filled and the rock put back over the top. The last time he was there, that hadn't happened, but it may be fixed by now. Everything else is okay with the house. Just a few small things like one of the switches weren't working and the deadbolt at the back door to the garage doesn't engage. But there wasn’t anything wrong at all with our buying experience. It’s good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The LGI sales representative made it fairly easy for us to get the new home and explained to us how we could do it for a very low money down which worked out as what we're told. We walked and picked the prebuilt home that we liked on the lot and then they asked for paperwork. I brought the paperwork in and that worked out well. There was nothing extra so within two weeks we were closing. It's a well-built home but I was surprised that simple things like gutters and the attic stairs weren’t included. Other than that, the community is really new and it seems like it's going to be really nice. The commute will be a little longer but the house is awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've lived in a couple of different home builders before. The other builders didn't pick the best of locations for their homes. For instance, three of the neighborhoods that we went were built close to big transformer power lines. It felt like they were getting cheaper lands to make a higher profit. When we went to LGI we noticed that their homes are comparable to True Homes and they weren't built by big power lines.

I walked in to see the houses right away. But LGI Homes and the people we worked with - John and Candy - took the time and sat me down and told me why they are a good choice. They showed me all there is in the prospect, like the parks and the shops that were opening up. They did try to get to know me and my interests. They saw to it that I will fit in before I even waste my time seeing the houses. We did purchase a home that is already in inventory. The house was from someone whose loan wasn't approved. While it was already built for us, they did talk about building options. We just decided that it wasn't the route we wanted.

So far, the quality of the build seems nice. While we passed the point of customizing our home, what was explained to me was all of their homes were how they were going to be. There will be no changing of cabinets or picking out different countertops because they explained that everything was already the best. We already had the recessed lighting and much as I would like to paint, they made it and seemed like there wasn’t any customizing to do. This was mentioned by a couple of different people who came out to inspect our new place. They say that the installation was really good. The pipes are special and they don't freeze.

The community is really nice. Our neighbors are very welcoming. We have met them all. I like that in our community, the houses aren't right on top of each other. There's also a playground with good quality swing set and a slide. The gazebo looks nice, as well as the picnic tables. We have a spacious and relaxing home and it's going to improve my dear life greatly. It might be too big for two people right now but I expect to settle here and grow a family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been looking for a home builder for two years and one of my students told me that LGI Homes were the better builders. They're easy to work with and they let us browse in the hall and didn't crowd us. Also, they answered any questions we had and if not, they'd find an answer. They allowed us to see what we wanted and what we're looking for, which is easier to shop than having somebody all on our back. I already had a pre-approval for my loan. Their rep, Rich, went ahead and did my credit check to get it to work and he told me that it may not be a problem. I already knew that you could estimate 10%, but I wanted to see what they were talking about, so I asked him how much the mortgage are on and he gave me an idea of the worst and the best scenarios.

He then gave me a list of what I needed to bring to the loan officer. He set up the appointment and I showed up the day I was told, but the loan officer told me that she had the next day but I thought of that day. But it was no big deal because Dan greeted me and he accommodated me because there was a confusion. I already had all the papers and he faxed everything to her and figured out with the list and checked it all. If you have everything in order you just follow that list they give you and you wouldn't have any problem because my loan went through about June 14th and I closed on June 28th.

When I closed they gave me a list of everything I needed to do to get the utility turned on. They also gave me the address, the fax numbers, and the application if I want to do it online and I just followed all of that. And when I moved in, they checked back with me to see if I was okay and everything was coming okay. We had an unfortunate plumbing incident where all the water backed up in the bottom of the floor and water came out the shower, out the tub, out the toilet. It was a mess. The plumbing people came out at 3:00 in the morning and they found a brick in the sewer line. The guy explained to me that when our house fit and nobody is using the plumbing, debris can get in there. They didn't bring me paper towels and stuff that I lost in the flood, but they accommodated and checked back with me.

They said the house had updated water closet fixtures, but I would've had that $25,000 leverage if I had avoided that to be built. But I love the home. I could see myself in there when I walked in. However, I wish I had a chance to get some part of it because I'm a 64-year-old disabled veteran and I can't step on my back porch because it's 29 inches and I can't jump up there with bad knees from the military. But the construction supervisor, Cee, told me that by law, they do not put a step if it's not 36 inches. Other than that, the quality is awesome because I looked at Castlerock, Ashton Woods, D.R. Horton, Gen and a lot of them focus on luxury and things that you may want but may cut quality. Everything that you see in their models are upgrades, but when you sit down with them you're really getting a naked house. But LGI gives quality and luxury, so I settled with them because of I got the combination of both. Also, the community is nice and quiet. My family came here and they like using the pool.

LGI Homes is really awesome. They didn't run their mouth too much and trying to put you in the house without you wanting to be in the house. Some people try to put you in the house and you don't want to be in the house. They don't stop with you buying the house. They make sure you're comfortable. My daughter wants to leave Virginia and sell her house and get a house with LGI and she likes the guys in there too. Also, I've already referred two friends to LGI Homes and they have even said the same thing about their customer service. They said that the guys were really friendly and made them feel at ease.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI built a home for us. They were the cheapest and the easiest with all the warranty stuff. We liked the convenience side of going with them. The sales rep was very helpful and very informative. We met about five times for the preliminary stuff and walk through of getting approved for the mortgage. There was a lot of information gathering and we closed on the 28th. It was very quick. They were also surprisingly flexible with schedules and knew what they were doing. The house looks nice and the quality is wonderful. I've met one of the owners of our new home community and he’s pretty awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales reps at LGI Homes were very helpful and everything was on time. We purchased a prebuilt home and it was low cost and very cost-effective. The processing was very simple and straightforward. Everything was clear and understandable. Also, the quality of the home is good but it needs a little improvement on the doors and the garage. Our problem is that the doors were not that sturdy. But I love the community and the amenity. The community is very quiet, peaceful and accessible and I'm enjoying the house. I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I only go out when it's necessary and it works for me. I was very satisfied overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes' interest rates were really good and the pricing of the homes were unbeatable for those that were available. The amenities inside the house was also one of the reasons why I decided to go with them. I didn’t have to purchase furniture and things, which could have been thousands of dollars extra. I bought a fixed but a new home built by LGI. It was in the process of being built when I first went to LGI looking for a home. They then built it for me. I love the product. However, the master bedroom bath is not big at all. It’s the same size as a regular bathroom that’s in the hallway. I can barely sit in it and I'm only 5'4". I guess it depends on what structure of home that you just have, but in the other places that I've gone to, the master bathroom is always bigger than the normal bathroom.

It's also a neighborhood wherein there isn't a home that looks beat up, which I didn't know about until after the purchase. Also, the people that they have been approving so far were pretty good, like old couples. Their reps have also been great. They have been very nice and helpful and were always available whenever I had questions. They’ve been like an ATM at night that will always respond. Living here is better than where I was living before. I feel safer when I moved into the community. However, it still all depends on who LGI approves, which depends on the loan company and who they'll approve. Hopefully they don’t approve any bad eggs that come to the community.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI had a price that I liked and so I decided to buy a pre-built home from them. Their sales representatives were very helpful and showed us the homes that would be in my price range. However, I don't care for my mailbox not being at my home. Still, I'm happy with the overall quality of my LGI home and I would recommend them. Working with them was a pleasant experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we walked in, the sales staff was very cordial and very willing to show us around. However, we found out that they had zero closing costs so we had our reservations because if that was the case, then anybody can buy here. But then, the staff convinced us otherwise and it seemed to be turn-key. The builder owns the land then builds and sells property.

We had very good interactions that with our salesperson, even the interactions we’re still having today. He’s very receptive and very willing to help. We purchased a pre-built new home two months ago and now once we leave work, it’s, “We’re heading home!” It’s peaceful and it’s a good feeling. Having our new home has decreased the stress quite a bit and it has affected our life immensely.

So far, the construction and the overall build seems to be quite satisfactory. They also have the sidewalks, which you can run on and you can walk the dog. They have the fountain up front and it’s very nice and pleasing to the eye. They also have a park with restrooms and a little hill where you can run up and down. Those are great but there are not very many amenities. It didn’t keep us from buying there but it would have been nice to have a community pool and/or community gym.

However, they also put a basketball court in every cul-de-sac and there's a group of people who gather to play basketball in the weekends and they get loud. That’s something we don’t like at all. It would be a perfect experience if it wasn’t for them and they’re not even children. For my sister, who happens to be a single woman with a young daughter, you don’t get the safety feeling. But other than that, it has been a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes was building in the area that I needed to live. Our home was already being built when I inquired with them, they didn’t build it for me, but it was brand new. A bone of contention for me was I wanted to be able to customize but they didn’t allow me to. Nevertheless, the quality of the build is sound and the home community is very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the way that LGI didn’t pressure me into making decisions. They explained everything thoroughly, what they were going to do and how they were going to do it, and then they left the decision in my hand. They showed us the houses and some payment plans, and when we asked them to let us think about it, it was not a problem to them. Their reps were also very knowledgeable and were there for us whenever we needed them for questions.

I got the model with the ranch house and it was already built when I got it. I have no problems at all with the quality of the build. I look forward to coming home and I like that my new home community is quiet. So far, the neighbors are slim but it's only around a quarter of us that's finished. There are still a lot of homes to be built. I will recommend LGI Homes to anyone especially to first time homebuyers. We always heard how it's worse or how buying a house is stressful or nerve-wracking, but LGI told us everything that popped up for us to get the house. There were no surprises. They told us exactly what we needed sent, when they needed it and where to send it so it made the home buying process a lot easier than we imagined.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been looking for several months for something like a motor house and one that would work for us. Everything that we found was too old or wasn't right for us. And our realtor told us about LGI and we gave it a shot and we got approved. We closed on June 30th on a house that was already built. Everybody was great and very helpful. They went through everything step by step and they were very involved in everything we did. And Melissa, the loan officer, and David, who was one of the sales reps there were very kind. We had a great experience with everybody there. This is our first time buying a house. And other than the normal process takes a couple of weeks and then a week for closing to happen, everything was great and very easy. They told us everything and assisted us with everything we needed and we provided everything that they needed.

I love our new community. I wish it was a little closer to work. It added about a 20-minute drive to what I normally would do. But everything has been positive. We've been there almost a month and everybody has been welcoming and very nice to us. The community looks great and it is very clean and has easy access to get on to the freeway. There's plenty of stuff to do around and we really enjoy it. Also, the kids are happy. They love that they have their own rooms now. They have a lot more space and a big yard to play in. They got other kids around that they could interact with. It looks like a much healthier and safer environment.

I told everybody about LGI. The other day, LGI posted something on their Facebook page, and people were kind of skeptical about the whole zero down. And I commented, "Oh no, this is real. This is not fake. This is real." LGI helped me out. For someone who never thought would be able to buy a brand new home, it happened. And I am very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we were shopping around in different new builds, I ran into LGI Homes online. We made the purchase on the 26th of June and we just recently moved in. Chris, the sales representative, was timely and answered all my questions. He also got back to me as soon as he could when I had any extra questions. The interaction went well. I have a prebuilt home, and it was ready by the time I needed to move in. Everything is great. I have one issue but it's not a big thing. The carpeting isn’t filled in some areas which is odd. Other than that, everything else is fantastic. The home community is awesome. They’re still building and right now, a bunch of houses are still going up. The neighbors are family friendly. It’s the suburbs and some of the stuff was unlike the city but that was expected. It's quiet and it’s good for us. We wake up happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI was easy and accessible, and my interactions with their sales rep were positive. It has always been mentioned that buying a house and going through the mortgage part of it is always the most stressful thing, and that's correct. Just when I was about to give up and throw my hands up, they said, “Hey, let’s go this route," and so forth. Everything worked out in the end, so kudos to them for being patient with me and me losing my nerves. It was a simple and clean experience and more than what I thought it would be. I recommended LGI Homes to a friend whose house is closing the end of this month. Also, the pre-built home that I purchased has a good quality. The only thing different right now is the longer commute to work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going to buy a used home initially but it made sense to get something new. I was dealing with Richmond American Homes at first but then I was looking at their products, compared to LGI products and then I just fell in love with LGI. LGI has all their building materials plus the package including the appliance. They also showed us the model home with the same floor plan that we are purchasing so we saw the exact thing. I went up there over Memorial weekend. And that's when we did all the transaction. I saw the foundation was already up and we were interested so they built it so that we could get it to move for August because I’m military and leaving next month. I'm still in California but I closed it on July 3rd.

Nida and Dwayne from the LGI office in Evergreen Pointe answered everything that I needed to know, pointed me in the direction that I needed to go and made the loan process as smooth as possible. Carrie was with loanDepot but she was hired for the part. They always get back to me within a couple of minutes or sometimes instantly with whatever I needed. We are interacting since May and we used to speak every day or every other day through emails, just to get everything done, so that my family and I could move up next month. Then throughout every other day or week, I would get pictures of the progress. With the appraisal, they showed me the up-to-date pictures and everything that was going on in real time. I had a friend of mine who did a walkthrough when they finished just before I signed and he said that everything was perfect. It was a good and fantastic experience dealing with them overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went with LGI Homes for the location, pricing, and also the timing. We were looking for the right time that our apartment's lease was over. The sales reps were excellent. They were very professional and friendly, and they answered all my questions. I'm very happy with all of them, and especially the person that handled my care, Burnley, was very good. I was very impressed. The process of purchasing the home went very smoothly. When I got it, it was 95% complete, and so far, we're happy with it. We got a big backyard. We also met our neighbors and they are very nice. The houses had some space away from each other and were not too close. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the home. I used to live in a one-bedroom apartment, and now, I got all the space and I'm enjoying the freedom I have. I had a very pleasant experience with LGI Homes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife happened to be driving by and saw LGI was building a neighborhood. She did a little bit of research and liked a lot of the floor plans. So we went and talked to them. The lady who we worked with, Sharla, was really nice and great. She made us realized that we could own a home. We've been in apartments for years since my wife and I got together. We were ready for a home and we thought we were going have to wait a couple of more years. It so happens that the first house we picked was the right one. We got lucky. Sharla was very helpful every step of the way. It's our first time buying a home so there's a lot of stuff that we didn't know and had no experience with. But she made the whole process a lot easier. She went above and beyond to help us out. With buying a home, there's always paperwork and hiccup that could come up or random stuff. She took care of it and messaged us very quickly. She made it really simple.

The house was prebuilt. LGI had just painted and put the appliances when we closed on it. We decided to buy early June and then all the paperwork. We made our closing later that month. We've only been in our house a couple of weeks. The quality of the house is great. As far as any scratches and dents, little touch-ups that we needed to take care of before we actually moved in, we went through the whole walkthrough and marked it up. LGI took care every one of them and cleaned a couple other things we didn't catch.

Living in our new home makes a big difference. I feel a lot more accomplished. I've been working for a long time, and after getting married, buying a home feels like that next step. We couldn't be happier. We're starting to get things up in the house with the curtains and hanging stuff up. It feels more like a home little by little. It's the house that tells us all that. Just having a new home is really nice so we're very happy customers. I also like how the neighborhood is set-up. We've been able to wave at a few neighbors. We are now just starting a family and our neighborhood is nice. Everyone seems friendly. I'm enjoying everything so far and it's been a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a house from LGI Homes less than 30 days ago. It's one of the five model homes they have. It was finished on June 28th then we moved in. Ben was our sales representative and he was truthful. They have a pretty quick process because I have used the V.A. loan. I'm very satisfied with our house and the quality of the build is pretty good. It's also made my life better because I am now closer to work. It's in a very new neighborhood and there's not a lot of people. I have one neighbor and a park next to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It’s been about a month since I purchased a prebuilt new home from LGI and their sales representative was great, kind and sensible. I had closed the house on a Friday and LGI still had my key because the door wouldn’t lock with the key that I had. Then the house was burglarized on a Tuesday before I moved in and LGI was not very helpful with it at all. The noble thing would have been that LGI helped since they still had the key in their possession and security could have been better considering the area. That was terrible and not cool. Also, I'm not very satisfied with the amenities and there’s only a small park. The community is also bare so more trees could be put around to make it look and feel a little more green and homey.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LGI Homes' sales rep, Amber, deserves a raise. She's very friendly and positive, and we thought she was really awesome. The only problem we had was with the guy doing the lending aspect. He's a very poor communicator and even though he and I exchanged a lot of phone calls and emails, he didn't communicate very well on a personal level and was a catastrophe. But the supervisor was aware that I was having trouble with him.

We had already done some research on the houses that LGI had, so the primary thing was the location. Then we found that their houses were priced differently than the other builders in that there was more space. We're in the midst of painting now and we're really happy with the square footage. Also, it was a blank palette situation where there were things that were not necessarily poor quality, but lower quality, like the dishwasher, the stove, and the refrigerator, which we were going to replace right away. And though we like the fact that all the rooms were wired, it wouldn't be a huge loss to take out the light fixtures because they weren't on the upper end. There was money saved on things that we thought we would change out anyway so the cost was brought down by that.

The LGI Homes community is good but I'm a little disappointed about the pool. We've been in here for almost a month and we haven't seen the pool go in and they're not showing any signs of putting one, even though we were told it would be within two months and it hasn't been. Evidently, there's another developer that is developing that portion of it. But other than that, so far, LGI Homes did their part. We moved from Colorado where we were living in a hotel and it was horrible. We were four people in one room, and although it had a refrigerator, it was too small for four people and it was hard. But now, everything's improved.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We just migrated here in the US and we didn’t know which home builder was good and which wasn't. When I saw LGI's flyer in our mailbox, I thought of trying them. And then I saw it was zero down. I hopped from one LGI branch to another. The first place that I went to was Sterling Lakes in Pearland. They took my number because we were very new then and I didn’t have credit history. But they never called me back. The sales reps were very nice to me though. When I went into their office, they assisted me even if I was just inquiring. They told me I didn't have a FICO score yet and to come back in two months’ time. I went back and was told to come back the next month as I may have a FICO score then. So I went back and still was asked to try the next month. But they were helping me a lot and were knowledgeable. They were the ones who did everything and I was just waiting.

I already have the house and I'm thankful that I have it, but it's not my taste. The material is not that very durable. The door is not aligned properly which is my main concern. If I push in and out, there’s an annoying sound and it’s got resistance. Also, there are still unpainted areas and there are scratches on the paint. I already called the builder, but until now, they never called me. There are a lot of insects, too, like small scorpions crawling on the floor. Also, the park where there's a baby slide is swampy. The wooden chips they put on the ground don’t absorb much unlike some playground where they use rubber. Nevertheless, the experience with LGI was fine overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I met with the sales rep, Dee, and told her our price range. She showed us a couple of different houses and we told her which one we wanted then we started the paperwork process on the same day. Dee was friendly, loud, and understood that we were first time home buyers so she answered every single question we had. She even answered her phone on the weekends for us and she was there throughout the whole process, which made it an easy transition as well as made our buying experience a lot better. We went with LGI for the price and customer service and we closed on our prebuilt house on the 23rd of June.

We're all moved in but we’re going back and forth with the contractor right now. There are some quality issues not resolved even a month after we purchased the house. The siding on the side of the house was chipped, whoever mowed the yard actually damaged the air conditioning and I haven’t had a garbage disposal over a month. It’s been a little bit of an inconvenience trying to get somebody out to rectify the issues. LGI should get to work with the contractor a little more to get stuff done. Besides the issues, everything about the house has been great and it works perfectly for us. It’s 10 minutes away from our work so it’s really convenient for me. Also, it’s very quiet where we live and everybody’s nice, so overall it’s been a great community. On the customer service side, everybody at LGI has been great and responsive. It's a really great process and I would recommend LGI to anybody who’s looking to either buy a home or build their first home.

I was looking for a house with a larger yard area and the set-up of the LGI home was just perfect. Their sales reps were very informative and we’re really happy with them. I like the location of the house and it's well-built. I was happy with the colors that they picked. It was close to being finished when I toured the home so I was able to move in within two weeks. I was one of the first ones in a cul-de-sac and didn’t have any neighbors when I first moved in. The neighbors have moved in now and I really like the community. I’m also very satisfied with the amenities that are available. I'm very happy.

LGI Homes Company Profile