Call toll free
4.40/5
Based on 488 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

659 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

We got a good deal from LGI Homes so we got the new build home. I was in the Virgin Islands when I went through the home buying process so they made it smooth for me. The quality of the build was also good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 17, 2018

We’re pleased with LGI Homes. Everybody there are very incredible people. They are wonderful and very helpful. Nicolas was the most helpful and wonderful person I dealt with. We got there and he came and spoke to us. He’s one of the managers. He found out from us exactly what we wanted and sat down, spent a while with us and took all information. And then he tried his best to help us and brought out everything plain to us. He never held back on anything. He took us to the property and showed us the different properties. There was an AT&T box was in the backyard of the one that we chose and we told him, “We don’t want that,” and he was gentle and kind enough. He said, “It’s no problem. We will find another one for you,” and they found and gave us this one. He called and made sure everything was okay. He took us right through up the closing. He was pretty good with us.

And for the closing, the project manager that came explained everything about the house and told us we can let them know about any problems and they’ll come in and fix it. The build is not bad. Being an architect myself, the body of the house could’ve been 9 feet instead of 8 feet, but that’s about it. I definitely will recommend LGI Homes. I have a few people that I told about them.

Original review: July 13, 2018

With a new build home, I don't have to worry about replacing stuff right after I buy it. Because buying an older home may have maintenance issues. We bought a home from LGI Homes and Bo was awesome. He really did a lot to help us out and he made the experience a really exciting time. It was already exciting, but I really liked his personality and the way he handled things. He was always there when I needed him and he kept me updated. While we had to go through a couple of lenders and do stuff like that, he stayed in contact with me the whole time. He also sent me a thank you card after I first came in the home. We’ve only been in the home for two weeks and I’m loving it. As far as everything goes, it seems great. We have new activities like watering the lawn which we've never done before. The house is nice and my boys love it.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was looking for a rental place and I happened to see LGI Homes. I was gonna ask them if they happened to know about rental places so I started talking to Michael, and he told me why don't I just buy a house. I said I didn't know if I qualified. So, he checked and I qualified, and everything was great after that. Michael and Renee helped me with everything that I needed and they got to me after the process. Renee started talking to me and she told me I needed to send something. I knew it right away and sent it to her, so everything went really good and the staff was pretty good. Then somebody came and talked to me. He was nice and the guy who gave me the walkthrough when I closed, was good and very informative. Everything with the process was really smooth and they let me know what was going on all the time.

The quality of the build is good and I like it. It’s really nice. I just gotta get a few things done around here like the backyard and I’m using the people that LGI had used. They're backlogged for a couple of months so I gotta wait on them. So far, I haven’t really met anybody in the community. I don’t get out much because I’m a disabled veteran and have a hard time walking. But when I’ve waved to a few people up and down the street, they have waved back all the time. So, that was good.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I liked that it was all-concrete construction at LGI Homes, and I really loved where they chose to build. We have a great lot that has an awesome view, and all the stuff that came with it. We also liked the fact that everything like the pest control was installed. We worked with Jay for the most part and he was nice and energetic. It definitely was great speaking and working with him through the process. It worked out perfect with LGI.

It’s just that the underwriters take forever, but that’s what it is with everything. And that’s not with LGI. There’s really nothing when it comes to how they took care of everything. I was happy with how everything was presented to me and when it’s over with. I felt like I was very informed at the end of the decision to buy the house. And I love the quality of the house. I saw some when they were being built and it was really clean. Also, everything, including the AC, is one of the better ones, so that’s good. I like the community as well. The people seemed nice. Walking by, I love how everybody waves. And it seems to be really cool.

I really love how LGI treat you like family there. Once you go in and they know you're serious about your purchase, they bring you into their world. And I have a support staff of whatever I need right there in front of the neighborhood at all times, so that’s really nice. I’ll definitely recommend them to anybody looking to buy a house in this area or wherever else they’re building, ‘cause they build all over which is great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: July 7, 2018

The consultant at LGI was very helpful. He answered any questions that we had and was very upfront and honest as he could be with decisions. However, we found a lot of things wrong with the build, like waves in the wall and it seems like chips on a bunch of stuff. Still, LGI came in and helped fix all of that. They also fixed my wall. But still, it seemed like the build was kinda rushed and not looked at properly. Nevertheless, I'd recommend LGI.

Original review: July 6, 2018

We had been living in Burleson County and my husband was offered a new job in Harris County. We had been shopping for an apartment but because of the hurricane, those were far in between and there was still a lot of damage being repaired. So he decided that we check out some new build homes. We did not expect to get a new home at that time, but LGI Homes worked with us.

The only thing is that there are patio doors coming out from the living room to the backyard and I didn’t want that. It goes out to the side of the bed. Also my only suggestion would be to make an upgrade on the things that they put into the home, like more quality appliances instead of the b-grade appliances because the stove is okay, but it’s not one I would have bought. And If they're gonna put refrigerators in it for the ice maker, it’s better.

Also they didn't put up towel racks in the bathroom so we have to go purchase all that. They were in the kitchen but not the rest of the house. Those are fairly incidental things that LGI could put in that would help people out. And it doesn’t have to be the expensive ones, but just something that people could use until they get over the move and replace as they want. Everybody’s having to go out and buy curtains and stuff right off the bat so they can have the privacy. It all adds up a little bit.

Most of the people on our block are just moving in here also. And we’ve met a few of them and I seem to get along. It’s a wonderful community. This is a big little community out here. The park is nice. But a lot of people would like it if it did have the swimming pool. We’ve been talking about it. Where we’re from, they have a pool. Most subdivisions like this one has a pool for the residents in their little community. But the LGI rep did a lot of help. We didn’t have to run up and down the road constantly for paperwork and stuff like that. They handled most of the paperwork and the financing. And the overall quality of the build is also okay. They are worth checking out.

Original review: July 5, 2018

The salesman showed me the house, helped me out with everything, and told me all the proper paperwork I would need. And he was pretty much there through the whole thing. But they could do the paperwork a little quicker and have an actual walk-through. The neighborhood is real calm and I like it. My sister is in the neighborhood too and I like the amenities that they have like the park. The house is good and sturdy. But it really upsets me that I can't get grass in my backyard. They said that the higher-up people decided that these homes would not get grass and that really irritated me. Also, it takes a little while for stuff to get fixed under the warranty. But they follow up with me, so it's pretty good.

Original review: July 4, 2018

After trying several other mortgage bankers, we just didn’t find luck with our credit score and high down payments and closing costs. Dealing with LGI Homes is probably the easiest process in buying a home. They helped us out and they had great customer service. They had great personalities and they were very respectful. We worked with Brian and he was very friendly and understanding. I'm super happy with the home. But I still hate the fact that I can’t find the road entrance to my community. I understand they’re busy working. So, hopefully, that gets fixed soon. But I like how peaceful and quiet the community is.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Our experience with LGI Homes came to a satisfying end. I was looking online at a lot of places and I ran across LGI Homes site. I didn’t call them right away and I continued to look at rentals. Then as I got to the bottom of my list, I saw LGI and I took the time to call them. I had a really good conversation with them and there were no guarantees or promises. They said if we could take the time, come out and sit down and go over everything. We did and it was really positive. So, we decided to go with the next step, which took us further into the process. There wasn’t anything that made us wanna step back, and we didn’t feel pressured. They were very nice, helpful and informative. We had a couple of hiccups and they came with good solutions that were feasible, and that would stand up under scrutiny with the lender, and they were very supportive from A to Z.

We also like the quality of the house but we have to take that with a grain of salt. It’s new, and so, going into it, it looks really nice where my wife’s really happy with it. It’ll take some time for the foundation to settle, but the initial reaction is really nice. We did our walk-through with one of the gentlemen, and then we’ve done our own. We’re getting ready to start moving in and we’re excited about it. And if it holds true to its present form, it should be a really nice investment too. And I like the new home community, the fact that it’s brand new and it’s growing. I’ve been wanting to get out of the city and I have been contemplating starting a business. It would be nice if I could start it somewhere where the population is growing, and the business could grow with it. I would recommend LGI and I have recommended them to a few people. I would recommend the rep whom we worked with too.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Upon purchasing my home everything went smoothly (June 2016). I was the ideal candidate high credit score, little debt, decent job and first time homeowner. Within the first year I felt my air conditioning wasn’t working properly. When contacting the 3rd party contractor LGI has established they told me it may have been my filter (LIED); after explaining to them that is ludicrous; they did an evaluation on my unit to find there was a leak and one of the coils needed to be changed. A few months ago same issue. This time I reached out to Abacus who found a lump sum of issues that were previously overlooked and repairs cost $3,000. LGI installed an air conditioning that was damaged and wants no parts in admitting to their horrible unit. Now the 3rd party Big Tex and LGI Homes both feel neither is to blame. Don’t go LGI. They will leave you out to dry!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was looking for a home and I just stopped by and the sales associate that I was speaking with was so helpful and walked me through every step of the way. It seemed like a really good match. Roger helped went way above what I would've expected. He was very knowledgeable and confident. He was very straightforward, told me everything I had to do if I wanted to get the home and all the expectations of what the process was gonna be. The build is good and I enjoy the yard. Also, mailboxes are close and the neighbors were good. I'm right down the street from work. I'm a little bit farther away from H-E-B than I used to be, but I know there's talks about H-E-B getting closer and I have Valero built pretty close to us. I'm perfect once those get done. If you're looking for a new home in this area, speak to Roger. I have his business card.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My family and I had an amazing experience with LGI Homes! The process was very easy and our loan officer Olena had our back the entire way! Day and night if I had any questions she would answer. We went in on March 29th and closed in our beautiful new home May 31st. The home is very beautiful and very solid. All the appliances are name brand and the flooring is great. My children love the large backyard and the neighbors are so quiet but friendly. I would most definitely recommend LGI Homes to friends and family!

Original review: June 24, 2018

I like the location of LGI Homes and it's a really good area where it won't flood. I work in that area, saw their sign, and I went in. The home consultant was really good and we talked about paying it up as I was going to arrive in. He took the time to explain and go through the homes and show us exactly what everything that was in the homes and what features we would like and what features we wouldn't like. It was a good presentation over the home and I didn't see anything that I didn't really like about it. He worked with me to be able to get me in the home and he did a really good job. The house is nice and has been constructed nicely, and we're really enjoying it. It seems like a nice silent home so we're really pleased with it. The new home community is good and really nice too. I met a lot of my neighbors and everybody gets along really well.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We went and checked out LGI Homes after my wife heard about them and we fell in love with the house when they showed it to us. LGI Homes was the first homes we looked at and everything was excellent with the home consultant. He made it a smooth ride and everything was comfortable, and I really trusted him. The quality of the build of the house is excellent and there's also a brand new neighborhood. Everything is great with getting settled in. I had to get out of the city and it was perfect.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I saw LGI Homes on an ad and my boyfriend kinda pushed me to buy a new home. I wasn’t even thinking that I could afford it but because I was able to, I figured it would be a better choice than something with problems. We were house hunting and stopped by and David, our sales rep, was very friendly, helpful and answered every question. He was also very honest, upfront and he was there for us whenever we needed anything throughout the whole process. I texted him the other day to ask about cable because I was confused because it was our first home. I was impressed with his willingness to help. I used to work in real estate and some of them were very business-oriented but David was personable and friendly.

We haven't had any problems with the quality of the build, we are very satisfied with the home community and we love it. The amenities are good and living in our new home has been a relief. We've shown people LGI Homes, we've brought people to places and things and told them how helpful David was and how easy it was.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We've been looking for houses for a while now and when we got the LGI Homes flyer in the mail in regards to them paying our closing cost and that it's gonna cost us a little money to get into the home right now, the opportunity was too good to pass up. We looked at their homes and the way they were built. The price is right, and we had to come up with very little money out of our pocket. We're currently renting a town house and we're going to be having to buy out our lease and we were gonna purchase a new house down the road.

Our home consultant, Donna, was upfront with everything and very transparent. She's been a real estate agent for a while, and I felt like her personality was very straightforward and she was trustworthy. Everything was positive with the LGI people. The main issues we had were with the financing company and the mortgage company. We didn't get our final closing statement that we were supposed to get 48 hours before closing. We didn’t get it till four hours before closing. So, we were upset with that, but overall the experience was very positive and the process moved along very quickly.

So far, we haven't had too many issues with the overall quality of the build of our home. We've had a few minor situations that are being addressed. We had an issue with the air conditioning unit, which had caused a little bit of leaking in the attic, so the builder came out and supplied us with a fan. So, we dried out the wood that got saturated in the attic, but it's caused a stain now on the ceiling that's connected to the attic. I left a few messages with the builder. He hasn't got back to me. But they told us that there's a one-year warranty on everything, and then a 10-year warranty on the foundation.

My wife works near downtown Dallas, and I work up in Oklahoma near the Epic Casino. So, I got to take 75 and then cut over to 82. And from that, my drive got a little bit longer, but we're tired of sharing walls. And we've had issues in the last couple years in the apartment complex we lived in before. We're happy with the amenities that are in our neighborhood now, so far. The pool looks nice. It would be nice if they had like a workout area because my wife and I work out a lot, but there's a gym right across the street. And down the road we're looking at building our own pool and making our own fitness center with the extra bedroom we have in our own house, so it's not too much of an issue.

We're in the process of moving in our new home. We're taking steps up there every day. So, we have an alarm set and we had a garage door opener installed. We can save money on movers too because we're able to move a lot of stuff ahead of time. My wife and I have both bought houses in the past, and this is by far the smoothest and easiest transaction as far as buying a house we've ever had. We knew going in that the LGI homes are like cookie cutter type homes, so we had to buy our own towel bars that we didn’t realize they didn’t even have. There are little things you don't know when you're looking at a house. You try to pay attention to the big details about air conditioning units, windows and doors, the subdivision, and other safety features, and there are some things that you can overlook.

One of the things that we not necessarily overlooked, but didn’t see ahead of time was that there were no towel bars in the home at all, so we had to buy our own towel bars. And the garage doesn’t come with a garage door opener. But again, the price structure is accordingly also. We had looked at other subdivisions for houses similar to what we got and even with us having to add all these little extras like the towel bars, ceiling fans, and garage door opener, we're still gonna be saving a lot of money in the long run. And overall, as far as the people and the whole experience, I would definitely recommend LGI to anybody else that's looking to buy a house and get into a new house with very little down payment and very affordable.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I liked the area that the LGI home was built in. We were introduced to the consultant named Shawn and he showed me to several homes. He was very cooperative, very knowledgeable and I liked what I saw and bought it. We reviewed the house. He said that they would take care of the things that I had to charge about and then he arranged a walked-through with the owners. It looks like it's a good quality home for the price. It looks very clean and they did keep down the construction to a minimum. They're very quick. I enjoy my home very much and it is perfect for me. They are very helpful, very friendly and offered some good solutions for everything. If you are looking for a home, I would highly recommend the neighborhood. It is great. The amenities are good and the people are very easy to work with at LGI.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I liked that LGI Homes was close to where we were living before written-wise so I made it closer to my wife’s work. I saw that there are new homes and they were right there, so I figured I’d swing in and check it out. The staff was very polite and courteous. The salesman seemed very knowledgeable. He wasn’t pushy. He laid down what goes on. I was trying to go to VA so he let me know the differences between that and what else they had to offer.

We didn't get approved the first time but I’m glad that happened because the house that we have now suits us way better than what we first went through. The home consultant called me when we can get approved and he knew what we were looking for. He said four plans were coming into his neighborhood and give it some time. He contacted us back and said, “Hey, the four bedroom that you kinda been wanting, it’s here. I think we got plenty of time now. Come in and try to do it again.” And it worked out. He didn’t have to go through the whole spiel the second time that we’re in there. We kinda knew it, but he was very knowledgeable on everything from the school district. He was locked on.

The first loan officer though was kind of a jerk. He was no help whatsoever. He was rude and he didn’t want to talk to us when we called. But the new loan officer, Sarah, bent over backwards and helped us get approved for this. She did her job very well and she did it far and beyond what she really needed to on some aspects.

The build can be a little better on some things, but we did a walk-through and of course, you don’t really say things that you see when you first get in there and stuff like that. Some places seem really messy as far as the stalking goes and it was real kind of a horrible job. A piece of siding around my garage is folded up. We used to live in a subdivision. I’ve been from the country and used to living not so close to people. But people are looking out for each other which is really good. I would refer people to LGI Homes.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I wanted something past 1604, and I chose LGI because of the area and the price. I was closer to my mom’s up at 90. But I do wish the square-footage was a little bigger. Everything went good with the one selling the house. Roger sold me the house and he was great. But I had a little trouble getting the guy that the contractor sent to do the work orders. And before I close, I wanted a couple of things done and they weren’t. I'm worried about the roofing and I don’t want it to leak. There’s a little overhang in the roof, and the roofing part was warped. I told them to straighten it out and the contractor just cut it in all these different angles. So now it’s a half inch off my roof, and it’s not straight. It’s like in-and-out. I’m afraid water’s gonna seep through there. But everything else has been going pretty good. And I’m glad I went with LGI.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The people at LGI Homes always helped me when I needed them. They walked me through the documents and it's good working with them.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Originally, I got a flyer in the mail that was the zero down closing cost paid marketing advertisement which changed my mind. If they weren't doing that and if those were the obstacles keeping you from buying a house, that advertisement opened up the opportunity. I didn't qualify for it but I still bought a home. It still at least dragged me in its sales piece. I see a lot of advertising and sometimes when stuff’s over advertised as cheap or extremely doable, zero down kinda way, it will lead some people to stir away from it thinking that it's gonna be low-end housing. So I had a 2nd guess at first but when I drove to the neighborhood, it was nice and the staff was great.

Initially, I came in and met with Joe, and he pre-qualified me. We talked a little bit about it but I run two sales teams in two different places. So, I can cut through all that stuff and went right to the house to look at my home option. He didn't need to put up a game where I carried this old sign and do all that stuff so, I made it really easy on him. We went and looked at the different locations. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. I went from there with Peter, who is the financier of the person handling the actual mortgage. He was great and worked with me the whole time. He was able to work out and overcome any kind of problems or issues. It was really fast as far as it wasn't a long-drawn-out process. They made everything quick. The contractor did a good job and I was completely satisfied.

I haven't moved in yet but I'm working on it and doing things to it. They sod all the way the front and the sides right to the back and then, they stopped. In my mind, that extra pallet of sod back there to finish the completed yard would have been nice. The things they saved money on wouldn't change the $140,000 appraisal whether you put the sod down in the back or you put a garage door opener in the house for me. I didn't pay attention to those originally and I didn't care. I just wanted a home. Now, after I'm in it, I understand it would have cost for sod to do the backyard and an extra couple of $100 for the garage door opener. It' part of the money they saved there and they pay their staff. So, even though it's fine, I understand that those are things I'm messing with now that I could have not messed with.

The community is six actual streets. It looks like LGI took over a couple of years ago on half of the neighborhood that was already built and 10 years ago, LGI came in and built the other half of the neighborhood. The part that LGI built are now as beautiful. So the neighborhood is nice. But the houses on the three streets were cheap back when they bought them 10 years ago in that neighborhood so, how the people take care of their home back side leaves you the question when you're driving the neighborhood. But in the front side when you drive in, the yards are okay and in the home that we're moving into, everything looks brand new and nice. But it's about people and how they take care of their stuff. So, we'll see. I have one more month in my apartment on the corner. So we will go in and paint an accent wall, I'll put up a garage door and fix the grass in the back. We'll start doing all the little good diligence.

My office is five miles away so the location is good. From work, it's highway to highway in the woods so even though it's not far, it has the appearance of driving out of stuff into your neighborhood. I'm hoping that everybody in my street is clean, takes care of the yard, does their stuff and keeps this neighborhood so you can keep feeling good about your home. And then, I pray every day that the one guy that you don’t want doesn't move in my coldest sec. But my wife's happy. We're gonna put up a privacy fence in the next two weeks as well. Even though Joe was good, Peter was amazing. The guy that's handling the mortgage, on personable, relationship building side, on how he deals with your patience the whole thing, everything about that guy was professional and on point. So that trickles down and I would refer them over to the people that I dealt with.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Morrie, my home consultant from LGI Homes contacted me off of Zillow and we communicated for a while, and he asked me what I was looking for. He’s genuine and he really tried to get me into the best home. There were a couple of homes I was looking at, and he suggested, “I’m not sure. From what you’re describing to me, I’m not sure that's gonna meet your needs.” I appreciated his honesty. We eventually got to the right home. And throughout the entire process with the loan and the closing, everything was easy and went flawlessly.

My new home is good and I like it so far and I’m really happy with it. It feels normal already, which is a good feeling. I had a minor issue yesterday and it was not a problem making the claim. Everybody has responded quickly. The gentleman who did the tour of the home called me within 10 minutes to give me some advice. Also, my new home community is very peaceful, which is what I’m striving for, and a safe neighborhood. It has a lot of things that my children are fans of such as the basketball court and they have a playground as well. So, it looks really family-friendly. I would strongly recommend LGI. They handled the whole thing and even the recommendations from people doing things inside, they’ve got it figured out.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The person we worked with was Sharla and she was really nice. I was comfortable working with her. She explained a lot of things to us and it was wonderful. I would have liked it if LGI Homes had a little bit of quality as far as the upgrades in the home. But other than that, I don’t have any complaints. The build is good and I felt like they took care of everything that needed to be taken care of.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We fell into the subdivision over here because we were looking at a home in the back, the ones that were already built. That one ended up being too small and then, we ended up looking at the new build and my wife really liked them and ended up talking to a representative. The LGI home consultant, Brian, was great and knowledgeable in everything that LGI had to offer. He gave us great information and he's very personable, easy to talk to, and very professional. I really liked him.

My wife and I both love the quality of the build. We're getting situated right now and getting all of our furniture and everything in here slowly, but we love it. We fell in love with the amenities like the park, the lake, and the playground. We have a little one so everything kind of fell into place. Also, we like the location. That was one of the big factors in buying out here, too. We like that it's right outside San Antonio and 1604. I work 70 miles away and I'm 10 miles closer to work now. I already told a few friends to look into these homes. We love them and we're excited to be here.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It’s always best to go with a new build and it comes out cheaper since the old houses are so high. I went out to the country looking for houses and I decided to go to the city if there are any houses and builders. Out in the country, the city hall was small and I haven't seen a city hall so we were just taking pictures and we went in there. I asked the lady and then she said she had a friend who was a builder. I called him and I told him I wanted to buy a house. He said he would do it for me. He was a real good guy and I'm just waiting to get everything settled down. I really liked him and feel comfortable talking to him. He was a good person and everything was done right. It's nice in the LGI Homes new home community, it's quiet and it's got a little park. After I settle down, I might get me another one so I can rent it out. I fell in love with the house when I saw it and I would recommend people to buy one.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I looked up LGI Homes online and I chose it because I saw a sign that says 0% down. They’re extremely nice and professional. What you see from outside when it says 0% down, it makes it seemed like it’s 0% for everyone. I would prefer that as far as marketing goes, either if that indicates that there are some limitations or anything. Unless you are a veteran or there are some qualifications but at least that option seems to be available for everyone is what I know as far as marketing goes. It’s okay to do that, but as a customer, I prefer to be informed it or at least if the poster says so. As far as general customer service, LGI Homes stayed on top of it. They were very professional and responded in a timely fashion.

Generally, new interaction, you are assured that you don’t have to worry about getting the house inspected because there is this comprehensive inspection that is already embedded in this purchasing process, which I trust. But the day I closed, I learned that there is a leak in the garage where I thought was coming from the ceiling with some issue. Then, I brought that to their attention. Everyone was understanding about that. Roofers came once I put that out, but then that has not been the case. It’s not the roof, but rather the windows were not sealed and were not weather-stripped especially on the top floor so water was seeping through and we realized that whatever is dripping from the ceiling from the garage is basically water getting into between the walls and then findings its way in the ceiling. That was very concerning.

It’s not just one but three windows, but no ceiling, no weatherstripping. I was very much concerned about that and they got fixed it immediately. The house has been there for a few months now and however many times it rained, at least good amount of rain and moisture must have been trapped in there. I am moving into a new house and I’m moving my family in there. But now, I have a concern of a mold creation because I don’t know the extent of the damage that it already caused. I appreciate that it was fixed, but simply weatherstripping and filling it now is not gonna do anything as far as what is inside so I requested for an inspection to gauge the damage and see if we have to do anything.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Everybody at LGI Homes was nice and professional. Steve, the home consultant was good and he showed me the house he was selling. The quality of the build was excellent and everybody in the community is nice. Now that I'm settled in, it's gonna be better because I have to start working over here next week and hopefully everything's gonna be fine.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We were working with a few builders but our decision really came down to the location and then the process. We had gone through the process with DR Horton before but we weren’t satisfied with the service we were getting. So I called LGI and I told David what we were looking for. He asked us to come out and said that we were not gonna waste our time to come out and chat. We went from there and he was great. LGI Homes' sales team, specifically David and Mark, the sales manager, really seemed to have our interests at heart. It didn’t seem like they were trying to make a sale. They were really interested in meeting our needs and that was why we went with them. As a first time home buyer, this was probably one of the best experiences that we could have imagined. Everything’s great with the house too, and we're really happy with everything.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I looked at a lot of homes, mainly in northwest Tucson and there were a couple out here that LGI had built. We stumbled on this one, which is the one we liked best so we settled on it. I saved a bundle by going with a new well-built home from LGI Homes. They made me a good deal with a bunch of things upfront. I got all kinds of warranties with it and it’s about the same size as my house in Sun City West. It's even better insulated and it’s only about a mile and a half from my son. The sales reps were really nice and their financial officer was a true gentleman. We liked all of them and it all worked out real well.

When we initially did a walk-through, we noticed a couple of areas of paint and caulking around the windows that needed to be touched up. They took care of that so when we did out final walk-through, everything was repaired. The quality of the house is great and I like it. My son used to be in construction and he really likes the way the build is. The corners are straight and the walls aren’t crooked. They also did a good job on the concrete. We had ADT come in to install a safety system and they also said it is really a well-built house. It was about 90 down here and although the air conditioner off, it was only 76 degrees in the house. It’s insulated that well.

It’s a nice community too. From what I’ve seen, all the homes are new and people are really nice. I’m about 10 minutes from my Safeway and other small cleaners. It’s close to the area that I first lived in so I know this area and I’m not far from what I need. There are no streetlights and the traffic is minimal, just in my neighbors, and I like it. So far, everything is going real well and LGI has taken good care of me. LGI Homes have good quality homes built and I’d definitely recommend them.

LGI Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

LGI Homes has been building new home communities since 2002. Their goal is to provide the Southwestern and Southeastern United States with homes of great value and great prices. It also employs a team of home buying professionals to help new homebuyers through the process of buying a house. Customers can choose from multiple, modern floor plans and customization options.

• Home finder: LGI’s home finder feature lets visitors select a state, city and LGI development within each city to view available homes and floorplans. Each available home has an estimated monthly cost and visitors can call for a quote on new floorplans.

• LGI warranty: LGI offers a 10-year, structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components on their homes. Homeowners can submit a warranty service request online by logging into their site and filling out a request form.

• Active adult: LGI’s Active Adult communities are built around and within close proximity to a city's main features. Active Adult communities are nearby entertainment and sporting venues, airports, colleges and universities as well as golf courses, hiking and biking trails and tennis courts.

• Energy efficiency: LGI focuses on energy efficient homes, especially homes located in the hottest part of the United States. By using reliable products from insulation to heating and cooling systems, and energy efficient appliances, LGI Homes can reduce energy bills by up to 30 percent.

• Realtors: LGI Homes has built relationships with real estate professionals that know their floorplans and communities well, and can connect customers to one of their realtors based on the region they are interested in. Realtors can also keep interested buyers updated on promotions and special offers through email updates.

• Best for: interested homebuyers in the Southeastern and Southwestern United States.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

LGI Homes Company Information