toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I like the pricing and location of LGI Homes. The sales team was friendly and pretty efficient. They took me through their process with no issues or problems. It was fairly a non-complicated process. Then the agent was good and the mortgage processor was very helpful. The whole team was really attentive, sending me emails as far as the process is going along and what step we were on. So I had no issues or complaints with them. It was great. Also, the builders are pretty good. They're developing the area pretty fast. I can't wait to see what the Rec Center and everything looks like. They're working around here everyday. I hope they build a grocery store nearby but I'm pretty sure that is to come.

I was a pre-closer at a law firm so I knew a lot about building. It just so happen that I am so tired of the rent of our apartment going up. So my husband and I checked out a few homes and they were the same size with the bedrooms at the apartment. I said we don't want that and that we need somewhere with a little more square footage. So I let Mr. ** know what we were looking for and that's when he called me. We walked in at LGI Homes and we found our home.

It was an amazing experience. Everybody was so sweet, nice and helpful. They showed us a tour of the home and explained everything to the total, to the capacity of everything. They were willing to help and answer any questions. Any concerns we may have, they made sure that it got rectified right then, right there. If they did not know, they call you back within 24 hours with an answer. Also, the actual closing went smooth and perfect. I love the community and it had all the amenities that we said we wanted. It also has the granite counter top, the microwave stove, the refrigerator. The landscaping and everything is very nice. I would most definitely refer them to anybody.

LGI was tossing us around from one property to another. They told us that if we put $1,000 down, they will hold the property. And it was three or four different properties before we ended up where we landed. I like the new community that we have. But it would've been nice if they told us upfront what was really going on. It seemed like they were making space for whoever was passing credit, just moving them around from home to home, for those people who were getting accepted. It just felt like they were just giving us whatever was available instead of letting us pick out what we actually wanted. It was a hassle getting our hopes and dreams up on one property and then moving us to another. And our neighbor told us the same thing. They went through the same process. The homes are nice but the process was off.

I was looking for a nice, clean area and the right school district so I stopped by out of curiosity and the agent was so good to me and patient with me. And because of their customer service, their agent, and the way I was treated at the office, I decided to go with them. Also, Billy from imortgage treated me like I was the only client he had. They took care of everything and he got me my loan. I was under contract with D.R. Horton, but their customer service and mortgage company was difficult to deal with so I cancelled it and lost $2,000. I put $1,000 dollars down on my home with LGI and they saved the place for me. I got the home that I wanted. I love the young and wonderful starter families in my neighborhood. LGI Homes does a good job getting people in good, quality homes that a lot of people might not have gotten to in another place. I’d recommend LGI Homes and I already have.

When I went to LGI to purchase a house, their sales rep walked us around the little area there and showed us all the pictures. Then he tried to tell us about what's coming to the neighborhood, and from there, he explained to us the income ratio to see where we prequalify and what he’d be doing. And then he went to show us some houses. Their parks seem to be cool. They’re not completely done yet, but they have a baseball park up and a fountain. It's all good, although I would prefer that they put grass in the backyard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

I liked LGI Homes' location. I bought my prebuilt home from them in December and the sales process went smooth. They showed me a few houses and I selected one. I moved in a week ago and I'm having problems with the quality already. I was told that the house was pre-wired for cable but when I had the cable company out two days ago to install, the tech informed me that two rooms are not wired up. One room has a dummy wire that's put in to make it look like it was a cable lead and it is not. In the living room, it looks like they drywalled the living room cable head so I'm in the process now of calling LGI. I have to go online to get someone to come out and rectify it.

Apparently they have to rework the wiring but that's going to cost money because now I've got to pay to have the cable guys redo what they've done. I didn't check everything before I moved in because I'm a trusting person but after the cable thing, I'm going to make triple sure all the outlets work. I haven't checked them yet and I'm still looking around. I'd recommend them but with the caveat to make sure to watch what's going on.

LGI Homes offered great value. Their sales team was very responsive, answered all questions and gave us good information. There was nothing hidden. We absolutely love our new home community. It offers recreation centers and swimming pool. It has been very positive living in our new home and there's no stress.

LGI Homes was affordable and we started the interaction in December 2016. We found a home the day we met with the sales guy. He took us out to show a couple of different homes and we chose one. The sales team was great. The paperwork was started right away and we ended up closing in 11 business days so it was pretty quick. We got a prebuilt new home because it was new construction and they already had some that were ready. Being in the community, I don't really see any amenities that are offered yet. They're still building but it seems to be a quiet and clean community, hence so far, so good.

However, I would recommend they put grass in the backyard and also offer shades for the windows. I wasn't happy we didn't get any grass in our backyard and they left us with dirt for the landscaping. There was also drywall, nails, and bullet shells in our backyard so I don’t know if somebody was out there shooting before they built the home but that was one thing I didn't really like. They didn't really clean up. Then they were being cheap with not giving any shades for our windows. That's definitely something I should have really thought about before I purchased because there were other homes we could have purchased that came with those things. Also, we still don't have the water under our names because they had some paperwork errors with the city. I still even don't have any garbage cans. They should work on those a little better. But on the whole, it's a great experience.

I've heard good things about LGI Homes and it has a good location. Then they seemed like they wanted to help me very, very well so I let them know what I was interested in. I was very skeptical at first because I didn't really think I could actually get a house but their staff was great. There were times when I had a situation there that happened and they still stuck with me. They didn't give up and they even went past my deadline on the house. Also, what I liked about them is that it was a you-get-what-you-pay-for kind of deal. Nothing fancy and all the upgrades you do by yourself which is kind of better cause the price is lower and it was pretty helpful. Also, I love the community. It's quiet and I hope it stays like that for a while. I spoke to my neighbors and that's what we all like so that's good.

It took a long time ‘cause of my personal situation. But then that’s pretty fun and it keeps you waiting. It gets you going and it gives you days going by fast, so you know you’re focused on one thing that’s gonna happen. Just don’t rush into things. Just do as they say and they’ll do the rest basically. It turned out to be the best thing ever.

My wife and I did a lot of research and decided to try LGI Homes out. They were ready for us, but we weren't ready for them. So we waited and decided to go ahead and give it a try. That's the main reason why we like them. Also, they were awesome and very nice. They told the truth about what could happen and what kind of service they have. Now that we're in the house, we really love them. So far there are no problems and the amenities are great. They're very great and I hope they keep doing how they handle people and how they do their jobs.

I sat down with LGI one afternoon in October and they started with the financing piece first, which you had to qualify for. After I was qualified, I was given the keys to walk through the model home which I thought was nice. There was no pressure. So I toured the model house, came back and talked about the price of the two that I liked and told the sales agent I wanted to wait overnight to process all of that. I made a decision the next day. Then the sales force came back to me because they had misquoted me the price of the house that I had picked out because it was a lot. I didn't negotiate with them on the basis that I had signed a to be determined contract for the house at a certain price and now they were telling me it was more than that. But it felt fair after speaking and negotiating with them.

I'm satisfied with the quality of the build. I have more space and I love the sunshine that I get. It's improved my quality of life. I have a yard in comparison to being in a townhouse, so that's awesome. I think the only thing is that there was a problem at closing in that the flooring and the cabinets that were considered standard were not available due to somebody's error somewhere at LGI. So they offered me a garage door opener because they had to substitute the flooring and the cabinets, which I was fine with. I told them that I appreciated them being upfront. However, I closed a month ago and I have yet to see the garage door opener. It was promised that it would be installed at closing. So I have been working with the sales rep and she's trying to pin down the Vice President. Even the Vice President has called me and promised me it would be in last week. So they might be having some internal issues but other than that, it's all good.

We had been approved through the VA but the houses that were being shown to us through them were really substandard and we cannot move in as it had mold. My wife got a flyer from LGI Homes and they had homes within our range so we decided to give them a call. We made an appointment, we came up, and liked what we saw. Our home was pre-built and cannot alter the plan. They only offered so many options and they were all different prices, but the home that we picked out is definitely suitable for what we wanted.

Our new home community is nice and clean. I like it. It’s only halfway built right now and they’re still manufacturing homes and putting up a park. The wide roads are perfect and I couldn’t ask for anything better as far as the sidewalks, the layout, the size of the road as far as its width. When people are parking on the side of the road, there is still plenty of room for two cars to go through.

The front lawn’s awesome. However, the back lawn has sod. It’s a nice, big sized lawn but it has areas where it puddles pretty heavy when it rains. It’s like a little pond back there. I don’t know if that can be fixed without having to bring in a bunch of dirt but other than that, we haven’t had any problems with water. It’s shedding perfect except for one little area in the backyard. All in all, my experience with LGI has been excellent.

I was looking at a few builders and LGI Homes had more of what we were looking for in the budget that we were looking to spend. It was mid-November when I started with the sales department and the whole experience with the sales reps was really great. They helped us out with everything we need and they really guided us through the way.

The only problem we had was just the mortgage company that is with LGI is very hard to get a hold of, not very conclusive information that you would need. They tell you one thing and there was another. It made the whole process a little longer and a little tedious. A different mortgage company would have made the experience different. We've settled into our new home for the most part. The community is real quiet right now. The parks are nice too. Everybody who seems to be in there is really nice as well. It’s still taking a little bit of time to get filled up because there’s still some houses now for sale. But so far we’re all comfortable.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Barbara,

It sounds like you are experiencing some challenges with living in a new development. We are glad to hear a few of these complaints have already been resolved and it is just a matter of time until your address will be recognized by Google. Please contact your new home consultant about your cable and internet issues and they will provide you with the proper recommendations or person to contact.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I listened to my son and bought a new pre-built home from LGI. The new community that I live in has been horrible. One of my main concerns is that I cannot even recognize the street name. Nobody can find the street so I cannot order anything and it's frustrating. LGI should make sure that services are available such as having a mailbox. I had to go to the post office to pick up the mail which was a long way from my home. Now, they have put up cluster boxes but I am disabled and it is very inconvenient for me to ride down the street to get my mail. I bought a house, not an apartment complex.

I have had so much happen since I have been here. When I moved in, I was told that there was internet service. But there has been no internet, cable or anything available. I also had faulty smoke detectors that would not stop beeping 24/7 so I had to have somebody come out and change them. I had two water main breaks, too. I have complained from day one that the street is not recognized by GPS or Google Maps. I tried to change my driver's license and I called DIRECTV to get service but I was told that I have given an invalid address. They're not looking into anything so I'm unhappy.

No response received

Hi Lashanna,

Congratulations on your new home! While our homes are built to the highest quality standards, we recognize that occasionally repairs are needed. As we reviewed in the homeowner orientation, LGI offers a 10-year structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components.

Please use the following link to submit your request for warranty claims (http://lgihomes.corrigo.com/customer2/login.asp) and we will have our team address the issue.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

When we were looking for new construction, it worked out for us that LGI was building in the area we were looking to move to. The community is still new and they still have a lot of building to do. It's growing but the experience has been slow and non-responsive at times. Ever since we've closed three weeks ago, the people on site have been saying that they are not the ones who can handle anything and we have to go through someone else.

When I went over to LGI Homes, their sales representatives were very informative and answered all my questions. There was no customization for the home that they built. However, I really liked the neighborhood so I closed the purchase. We're settling in the house now and it's been a good experience overall.

LGI Homes

Thank you so much for your sharing you experiences, Belinda!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I was selling my home to a very stubborn and angry buyer who took forever. I needed a place to go to and LGI Homes had the only home within my price range in my area at that time. They have been patient and reassuring, and they waited for me. Their sales rep was very informative and took me through the whole process of what was available in the area and the finance options. He showed me the house for about an hour and was very accommodating in getting all of the paperwork done right then and there. I closed the purchase for my prebuilt home on the 10th of January. And I love it because it's quiet and close to what I need. I'm 10 minutes from a Walmart, close to places to shop and I'm able to find a restaurant so I'm not isolated. The neighbors and LGI staff are extremely friendly too. LGI saved my home sale and without them, I would not be where I'm at right now.

The LGI sales rep that I talked to was very personable in selling his product and there was no pressure. It seemed he wanted us to get the best home for our budget. I had a bias for LGI because the company I work for supplies a lot of their materials so I purchased a pre-built home. I'm convinced they did a good job in building a good quality home for a good price. There's a lot of construction near me and I'm excited to see my street be finished and for more people to live in the homes.

LGI Homes was offering zero down and closing cost assistance and that looked interesting to us. When we went there, they didn't have any model houses. The last one was sold so that told us they were good because there weren't any left. We then closed the house purchase last January 30. Chris, the specialist who talked to us, gave a lot of information and was very helpful in finding a rate. They always asked if there was anything we needed help with.

Our home was a skeleton when we found it. We asked about changing the flooring and adding a garage door opener or a fence, but they said they didn't do that and there was no way to add or change anything, which would have been nice. But it's awesome that they didn't change the price on me. The community is very nice and right now, there are two empty lots they're constructing on but they're very respectful of our property. They aren't walking through our grass and are trying to keep as quiet as can be. Our life is much easier since I'm 10 minutes from work and we're no longer renting.

LGI's prices got us in the door. Then their staff at the Cherrylane location, especially our salesperson Jim, pushed it over the top for us and he was an incredible guy throughout the entire process. Everything about the house that they built for us was standard and there was not a lot of options, and going into it, I thought that was going to be frustrating but at the end of the day, it saved us time and money so it was a no-brainer. We weren't at a design center for hours on end. So it was a pretty good experience for us. And I think this is going to be a great community, although it's rough because we're the first family here and we don't have any neighbors yet. And being a new build, our house doesn't show up on Google Maps, so we can't get deliveries. We also can't get Comcast to come out and put internet right now. But we look forward to having more people here and growing old in this house.

I have a friend who lives in LGI Homes and he told me about the quality of the homes and how good the neighborhood was. After meeting with a couple of different places, LGI seemed to be the most competent. The sales reps that we had did what it took to get us the house we wanted. We closed the deal for our prebuilt home on Monday the 30th. It's a really nice neighborhood. We haven't been around for more than a week but I like it. I'm satisfied with the amenities and the kids love them. It's 15 miles farther from my job, but I get to my job quicker since there's less traffic somehow.

When we were looking in Dacono, we found that LGI had a home available. Our real estate agent called LGI and their sales rep Don said, "Put down a deposit and it can be yours". Someone already had plans for the house but their loan application didn't go through so we were able to get it. We weren't able to customize it the way we wanted to but it's super new and we're the first ones on the street. We're excited and we'll see how well it's built.

The sales representatives of LGI Homes were very courteous. Willy checked my credit then we went and looked at my house while it was being built. Our conversation was about the whole development area. Then, my wife and I went over the whole house after it was built. The quality was okay but there were a few problems. When they put the refrigerator in, they scratched up the floor. After the walkthrough, we found a few other things but they're going to take care of it. We have recommended LGI to 2 people so far.

My fiance had to have a separate bathtub with a separate shower. But when I looked at a couple of properties of Pacesetter and KB Home, they didn't have that and it didn't look like quality work. When we looked at LGI's houses, we liked the size and their quality was better. So we bought a prebuilt new home from them. Their sales representatives have been friendly and informative. They weren't pushy at all.

LGI Homes Company Profile