Call toll free
4.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

815 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The LGI home consultant walked us through all the amenities and discussed the different ways that we could get a loan and helped us with all that. Having our own place is amazing. There are a few cracks in the paint on the drywall, but that’s something that they come and address after 11 months. But otherwise, the quality of the home is all good. We also had an incident where planks were blown off because they weren't nailed to the post and we have really strong winds here. Half of it is our responsibility, and half of it is the neighbor’s. It was the half of the neighbor’s that got blown off, and we are gonna call LGI about it because we don't want them to think that we punched those off.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I liked LGI Homes' area and the house was all brand new. You really can’t go wrong with a brand new home. Everything’s brand new. There is less to worry about. Plus they gave us a good deal. The ones we dealt with were all helpful and nice people, and the process was quick. I’d recommend it. But the community is quiet. There are not too many neighbors at the moment but you can’t really complain at this point. There’s also a little problem with the flooring but we were told by the builder that he would replace it. But overall, the quality of the build is good.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The sales rep that I talked to made the whole process really easy and he convinced us to go with LGI Homes. There was no pressure, and he told us that their motto is to try to get everyone in the home. He told us where we stood before I filled out an application. The entire process was easy. He showed us homes, and he was upfront with the pricing and the cost and said everything would be free as far as appraisal. We also had a chat with the builders and they did a walk through and showed us how everything worked. The location is great.

Now, we're not renting anymore. We're in the comfort of our own home. I would recommend LGI Homes. From the beginning, working with the sales rep and the financer, it's all been an easy process. It was my first home buying and everything was broken down to a T. Everyone was helpful, and you could reach them whenever. We were able to contact our rep on a Sunday and he was able to answer our questions. My brother is looking to buy with LGI Homes as well.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We worked with Alberto from LGI Homes and he did a great job. He was a very personable individual and he had a great personality. But I’m not totally impressed with the quality of the build. I’ve got doors that still don’t close right and in the shower, in the middle bathroom, there’s a problem. I think there’s a leak behind the wall and it was just a patchwork done on it. That’s not copacetic. Also, I got a leak in the sink in the kitchen. It keeps wanting to drip out. And the way they did the ceiling in the living room is kinda wavy. We can see the seams. Some of the contract workers are crap. If they’re gonna sell a quality home, sell a quality home. Don’t sell any crap home and don’t tell them that it’s great.

We’ve been in the house for less than two months and LGI told me once I got in the house, I had to go through some kind of internet programs to get the problems resolved. I've got 10 years on the house but I got things that needed to be done within a year. And I’m not an internet person so I have a hard time getting on the internet. I’m old school. Other than that, the neighborhood is okay. It was convenient at that time so we got it. I wanted a piece of property in the country which I eventually got. It’ll be good for the next couple of years.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I worked with Chris at LGI homes. Though their reps are nice, I checked online at the Bureau and they do not really do a good job. Some things they mess up. The door in the front, I can still see the hole. Also, the lock inside the door, when I lock it in, it's not really staying. What's wrong are a lot of small things that I didn't see because I didn't have experience for those. Now when we live in the home, we found a lot of the small things that are not really good. When I see inside to the door, I still see the sun go in. It looks like they made the door not really stay on the floor. Furthermore, the garage, when they were painting, they brought the paint some in there too. Nevertheless, the community is good. There aren't too many car accesses and drive by's and I like such areas. I feel good about my LGI home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

BUYER BEWARE! I scheduled an appointment to view a model home. On the date of my appointment I arrived early and felt like I was in a car dealership with the number of sales associates working. When the sales associate CB sat with me she told me they have a 6 step process that would not allow her to show me a home without pulling my credit (hard pull). I told her that I am looking and have not decided on a builder or location but she didn't care - she wanted to pull my credit and sign a contract before I could see the home THEY felt best suited my needs and budget. I stood firm and said no to pulling my credit and she abruptly ended the conversation. Buyers do not be afraid to get up and walk out. This seems shady to me. Needless to say LGI Homes will not be getting any of my business now or in the future.

Hi Priscilla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you felt like you had a negative experience though it sounds like there may have been some confusion in the delivery of our process.

We consider it extremely important to take the time to sit down and review a prospective buyer's financial qualifications so we we can find them a home they are going to be comfortable in. Sincerely, we do not believe it would be Exceptional Customer Service to take someone out on a tour of a home that they simply would not be able to live in comfortably from a financial standpoint.

Once we are able to determine which options we have that may make a great fit, we absolutely take our customers out to see the homes for themselves so they can make an informed decision.

Again, we'd like to apologize if you feel you had a negative experience, but we welcome you back to our offices any time you are ready. If you would like to continue the conversation, we are happy to connect you with our local senior management team.

Either way, we wish you the best of luck on your search for a new home!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

When I first bought my house from LGI I was excited now after 7 years I would never buy from them again. The saying goes: If you buy cheap you get cheap. Don't expect quality from these people and don't expect your 'warranty' to mean anything because it doesn't... In the seven years that I've bought my house I've had to fix my roof 3 times in 3 different places causing me rip out a lot of drywall! I've also had to reinforce my wooden fence because it wouldn't have lasted and my neighbor found a fence post that wasn't even cemented in! The AC broke after 5 years. If you are thinking of buying from these people because it's 'affordable' you better know how to fix all of their mistakes and it'll be out of your pocket. If you want more detail email me at **.

Hi Travis,

We appreciate you for being a valued patron of LGI Homes. We are sorry to hear you had issues in the past, but happy to hear we've been able to provide a home for you and your family for the past 7 years. If you have any foundation-related issues moving forward, please be sure to complete a warranty claim on our online portal at LGIHomes.com/Warranty.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I went through a couple of the LGI Homes over in Dallas area and their reps were fabulous. My daughter was able to come over here and look at the homes with Ariana of LGI. My daughter put me on Facetime with her, to show me the home. Ariana was excellent and I really appreciated her. I would recommend her for anybody that I do speak to, looking for a home. I didn't even look at the house before I purchased it. I looked at the house the day that I closed. She really took me above and beyond, of what she needed to do. After we chose the home she kept me updated on the status of it, like when the grass was coming in and when the carpets were done. The process took 20 days. The frame was already up, so they were doing the brick and everything else.

When I came, I didn't expect to not have a garage door opener or a doorbell, which was the only thing that they should have put in. But that's okay. I love the tall ceilings of our home. They build these houses pretty fast, so it's probably not top quality. But the superintendent was able to go through our checklist and they're still working on a couple of things. I only have two neighbors right now but everybody's friendly.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I lost $1000 because I didn’t finish the process of buy the home. I paid my $1000 then I got relocated for my job so I couldn’t finish the process. So once I told them that I was told I wasn’t going to get my $1000 back I put down on the home. I can’t believe they would do that to people... It’s unbelievable. I would never recommend anyone to them.

Hi Cruise,

We are sorry to hear you were unable to complete the purchase of a home at this time. While it is regrettable to see a valued customer such as yourself express that they had a negative experience, these are the terms of the agreement that we went under contract with together.

If you would like to continue this discussion and speak to local senior management, we are happy to arrange that for you.

In the meantime we hope that you will consider LGI Homes again in the future, and wish you the best of luck with your relocation.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

LGI Homes is a company with history and they build houses all over the United States. I like them. I know my house is made with engineering and architecture. Every material in my house is good quality and if something happens, I can call somebody and they're gonna be able to respond. But we had an issue. I paid rent in an apartment complex. I told the sales guy that I still had a couple of months left that I had to pay on my apartment building. We should wait and after I finished that contract, I would be able to buy a house. This was a money-wise thing.

But the sales guy was so much in a rush for me to buy the house and was telling me, “You have to do it now, now, now.” He said everything was gonna be fine and that he would help me. He was going to deal with them as he knew all those stuff. I believed him but he never helped me. I ended up having to pay for the house and also for the apartment complex. Now, the money that I saved for my grass and my gutters, I used to pay for the rent. That hurt me a lot.

The house is great. I like that the ceilings are high and the finish is good. It’s decent. The wood and the walls are good. I like the pest control too. The paint is a little bit cheap but it works. But I don't understand why here in Texas, the builder doesn't put grass on your backyard and gutters on the house. In Houston, it's bad when it rain. It’s really important to have gutters.

In front of my home, I have neighbors. When they moved, they drove over my front yard and made a mess. I tried to talk to them but they were not really helpful, so I talked to the construction company since they have people in landscape. I asked them for a favor to have the mess fixed for me. But they never did it even if they had the equipment and they said my neighbor was responsible. Overall, everything has been good as far as the house goes. But with LGI's service, the company sucks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I decided to go to LGI because the house was brand new, and they accepted me. There’s some stuff that I find the work could’ve been done a little better. Like on my siding, I got some trim work outside that really wasn’t completed. But their rep was real down-to-earth, and we had a lot in common. He worked with everything we needed to work with. The community of LGI is also great. So go for it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My wife and I were renting a simple duplex that was made into an apartment. However, it caught fire one day and we went to live with my in-laws. Thereafter, my wife and I worked on our credit and looked for a house. That time, we could pay no more than $850 a month. The zero down of LGI got my attention. We went over there and met Victor, their rep, who was very helpful and informative. He cared about his customers. He was not about getting me to come buy a house. Instead, he was not going to put me on something if he knew I couldn't afford it. With Victor's help showing us on pencil and paper how we were going to make our house payments, we were able to cut down on a lot of things.

However, I really wanted hardwood flooring all around. But then we're on a budget so I accepted the carpeting installed by LGI. Regardless, we can change that later on. What we have is a beautiful home and so far, our neighbors have been awesome. Overall, LGI's community is a great place to start a new build a new life. LGI is the way to go. We can't go wrong with a new home by them. There's no need for repairs and everything is on a long warranty offered by LGI.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had a lot of problems with the financing company of LGI Homes. It was a nightmare, but the manager here kept on top of it. He kept after them all the time. He did an excellent job on my behalf so we wound up buying the house. We’ve been here a few months now, but it’s very, very quiet. We’ve met one neighbor, but we have a few houses on either side of us and across the street that aren’t occupied yet. I like the quality of the home a lot and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The reps at LGI Homes are doing great. They work with you and let you know how everything came about. They get the work done fast and have everything right. I like everything about the built of the home. Everybody likes it, including my dad. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We were buying a home as a rental, and we're not gonna live in it. We've had rentals for many years and never a new one. The cost of buying a new home from LGI was about the same as the older homes. Also, everything was under warranty if we got the home from LGI, and it would be less work for us, so it made sense. We worked with Kevin in LGI and he was great. He was very personable, knowledgeable, kind, thoughtful, and he actually bought a home there himself, which was reassuring that he could buy whatever he wanted and he chose something that he was directly involved with.

As an architect, I am a little prejudice about quality of design and construction, and the home has a very practical design, which fit for our rental needs. So far, it looks great. Also, I'm quite satisfied with the community at the moment. I like the townhouse design. It puts more people on a smaller footprint, and there's nice little park right across the street. Longmont is a growing community and still cost-effective compared to others in older county area.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We chose a new home over an older model for the obvious reason that it’s new and there were no existing problems with it. We knew what was happening from the very beginning. The price of LGI Homes was right, so we went with them. Quality Homes was the style we were looking for, but it was expensive there. We first went to LGI nine months ago, but we didn’t like the home consultant who was helping us, so we walked away. Then we went back and this time the gentleman there, Brad, was so nice and he made it easier for us to say yes.

Brad was wonderful and very honest. He let us have time to think about the matter and come back. He wanted to know if there were concerns and followed up with us. Even now that we’ve been in the house for a month and a half, he is very detailed in getting back if I have a question. The quality of our new home is good and we like it. We like the architecture the most. The features of the house are well-planned out and nice. We’ve enjoyed having our new home.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I like that LGI Homes is a one-stop shop. I went to the LGI office and do everything there and I didn't have to go to a whole bunch of different places. They have everything in-house from the realtor, the loan people, and the attorney. They also work with you if you have credit issues. I worked with Trey and he was very polite and helpful. He told me everything I needed to do and not to do and I really appreciated that. So far, I haven’t had any problems with the quality of the build of the home too. It’s structurally sound and I like it. The new home community that we live in is very quiet and people out here are very friendly so far, so I like it as well. I would recommend LGI Homes.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had some problems on this to that and LGI worked with me a lot. This is my first time buying a home, and there’s a lot of stuff I didn’t know that they call me about. The person I worked the most with was very professional and with any question that I had, I could call him. I had a good experience. Also, the quality of the build of the home and the community that I now live in are great. I will recommend LGI.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Everything in a home that is a new build is new, so I don’t have to worry about anything breaking down. We have warranties on everything. I had started getting LGI flyers through the mail, and my husband decided to give them a call. Our home consultant really made everything easy. She was on point and she was able to give the information we needed. If she didn’t have it right then, she was looking to make sure we got everything that we needed.

The person who helped us with the loan was wonderful. She pointed out different things to us so that we were aware of what we didn’t know. All around, the whole staff was nice and polite. Even our supervisor that was over the home consultant was very polite. He said, “If you need anything please give me a call. Don’t hesitate. Something you don’t understand, we don’t mind explaining it to you. You can come out and look at the house as much as you want. We’re always here.” The doors are always open, and that’s what I loved about it because everybody was so friendly. Everybody was willing to help out. I love the quality of our new home. I love the lights fixtures that are in here, especially over my bathroom. I love my closet, too. It’s so big. My husband loves the back porch, and being able to look out and look at the conservatory out there. It’s beautiful. I also love being out here. The people are really nice.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Because of my son, we wanted to move into a home that we knew has no problems. LGI was the only one that was building in the area, so that was the only option. Our home consultant, Travis, was good. He stayed in touch with us and answered any questions that we had. As far as the buying process, everything was great. But now, I’m having a little trouble with the contractor. I have some warranty claims that I’ve filed, and I haven’t had any response from them. I let the contractor know like a month in advance, and I hadn’t got anything back from him. And he had just came over last Saturday and told me he’s gonna do a warranty claim. It’s been going on a week.

Other than that, the quality of the build of the home is great. On one side of the house, there was a blowout and it kinda looks funky, but they’re supposed to be coming over to fix it. But structurally, everything is fine. Also, the new home community is great. We’re supposed to get a park but I don’t know when they’re gonna build it. Still, everything’s been great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

LGI Homes is the best out there. I worked with Dan and he was real nice all the way through the whole process. He did everything. If we've had a question, we called and asked him, and he had answered. There are just a few minor things that I've been trying to go on the computer to put in there or I'm gonna have to call them down there and see if they're getting it, so they can come out and fix them out. Other than that, the overall quality of the build of the house is good.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

LGI Homes was willing to work with me for the down payment and Jerry was friendly and helpful. So far, I like the quality of the build of the home I got. I’ve got my temperature so high and it stays cozy in there.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

LGI Homes met all my needs for my family and me. They have the type of house that I was looking for and I like the warranty that was provided to us. I worked with the rep named Juan and he was great. He was very thorough when it came to every type of detail pertaining to the house and he made the whole process very smooth and comfortable. I love the house I purchased and the quality is not bad at all. As a matter of fact, there were some people wandering around with me the other day and I was even recommending LGI Homes.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our home consultants from LGI Homes were very helpful. And any questions I had, I could call them anytime. Every now and then when I was feeling kinda shaky about buying a new home, they would call me up and give me a little pep talk. However, this is the most expensive house I’ve ever bought, and in the bathrooms, my wife needed towels racks and there is none and it caught me as odd. The house is not wired for a garage door and there’s no grass in the backyard. There are little things that I found annoying.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

A friend of mine informed me that LGI was really good on the whole process with a VA home loan. We wanted to give it a shot and when we were looking around, the reps were able to help us out. We had a good interaction with them and all the way from the time of getting the house to the time of closing, they made sure that they were available 24/7 if need be. The process of getting the home was pretty fast. We signed the paperwork for the house and closed it two and a half weeks later.

But at the time of closing, the LGI reps didn't keep up with us and stopped the communications. They were good during the process but after, the professionalism wasn't there. Also, the build could have been done better, especially 'cause we were paying almost $2,000 for the house. We found a lot of errors in the windows, the walls, the outside and the sprinklers. There were electrical defaults within our first couple of days here and I also have my fractured window which was brand new. The wall and the cabinets personnel came back to fix the issues. The windows personnel came inspecting but they never came back like they said they would and never contacted me.

I tried to contact the rep from our GM multiple times but I got nothing. I also went to the location here in Dundee and they took my information and said they would contact the builder but I never got a phone call back after the process. Still, we like the community and our family is satisfied with it. Everything is within driving distance and it will take 12 minutes out to get to Walmart and there are two parks within a three-minute drive time.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

LGI's reps were really gung-ho about getting a home sold to us, and then once we gave them the money, I found it was a different deal. The home has a floor that still hasn’t been replaced. There were some things that really should have gotten done that weren't done. My son had to start a job and then not able to go a week and stay down there to get things done. And we haven't really followed up in getting it done. We shouldn’t have to. They said they're gonna give us a list of vendors to take care of things, and they didn’t. The backyard’s not sodded, and they pushed us off onto some guys that was like another contractor that contracts with them. It was a weird situation once you give them the money. But we're happy with the home. For the cost, for what you get and the quality of the home, it's a good home.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Most of the homebuilders in our area are really badly rated but LGI Homes was the only one that didn’t really extremely pressure us into a buy. They just laid it up front. We met the home consultant named Amy and it was some week we were going out to look at homes. We were all stressed out during the whole buying process but she calmed our nerves and laid out some of the facts and helped us make a sound decision. However, the house we bought has minor things that are wrong or semi-messed up like our dishwasher. For some reason, the water wasn’t going to the dishwasher and I wasn’t sure if that was something that they had known about or not. Every once in a while, I've also had issues with a nail on the stairs for carpet but those are normal things and fixable. So, overall, the quality of the house is good.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We have friends that live down the street from us and LGI Homes is one of the first places that they recommended for us. When we came out and saw the place, we liked this particular home which had an open floor plan and was like something that we were accustomed to in Hawaii. The area was quiet and we fell in love with it. We looked around all of Texas to figure out what we wanted but we ended back up at the first place we looked up at LGI.

We love the house, the way it looks and feels and we love being in it. But there were some things that were done in the process and it seemed like it was a bunch of unsupervised actions by contractors for a house that cost almost $450,000. When we first moved in, the sink had a leak but they fixed it. We also had scratches on the mirror in the hall bathroom which they also fixed. Then we had a sewer problem. We moved in on the 21st and during that week, the hall bathroom was having a problem with flushing. My wife ended up plunged in a bathroom in our master bedroom and when she did that, we had sewage come back up underneath our tub.

Once I put the work order in and a plumber came over, they snaked the house but couldn't figure out what it was. They dug up the front yard and found that the pipe that connects the outgoing water and waste was not attached to the ongoing pipe that takes it out of the neighborhood. It was later fixed but then it was a long process. It was very discouraging and these were things that should have been done right the first time.

Also, the sod in the front lawn was uneven because it wasn't rolled. As I looked around the neighborhood, I saw a lot of other people's lawn that looked the same way but I hoped that it was not the standard that they just throw the sod out there and hope it fits in over time. The majority of the doors in the house weren't matched up, too so they wouldn't lock. Ours is up or down and it won't go into the center of the strike plate. I had to have a lot of readjustments because it seemed that the contractors were in a hurry and there was no attention to detail to that.

The most disappointing was when my wife called and told me she could smell gas in the house. She called the CPS guy over and he looked underneath. He then put his little probe equipment in there and there was significant gas reading underneath the range. The contractors just put it on and it wasn't tightened up so it was leaking gas. That was very scary for us being here and if we were to light a match, we don't know what could have happened.

But, the reps calling out and getting things done once the problems were identified was not an issue and the way they responded to our issues made it even easier to keep them high on my level. The rep does a great job and I have a great conversation with him whenever I need to. He showed us everything about this area and we told him about what colors of the home we like. He kept us informed on what he had available and what will be coming.

The house is great and we're not gonna move out of it but I don't wanna continue having to call in these warranty requests because it's very disturbing. Some of them are minor and some of them were very serious. All the other stuff about this process is great but I will definitely tell anyone to look out for some of the things that we've been through.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My clients wanted to be close to the family and LGI Homes had a convenient location. It was a great home but the quality of the build was not really superb and my clients were not happy that it was not brick. Also, the rep didn't consult very much and he just gave us a list. But they worked thoroughly and the closing was pleasant. The experience was good enough and my clients accepted it because their family lives two blocks away.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I've had previous experience with LGI before but it never went through with a loan. But my first experience with their people was great and that was why I decided to go back. I was impressed by how friendly and understanding the rep was and she worked hard to satisfying my needs and what I was looking for. She was good about keeping in contact and keeping me aware of everything that was going on. She didn't hide anything, made everything smooth and went back to me right away even on her day off. I love the quality of the build and the homebuilder was very detailed on everything and about how everything worked in my home. The rep also showed me the park and the water pad and the location of the house is where I wanted to be 'cause it's closer to my parents. Everything is working like it's supposed to and everything so far is good.

LGI Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

LGI Homes has been building new home communities since 2002. Their goal is to provide homeowners across the United States with homes of great value at affordable prices. The company also employs a team of home buying professionals to help new homebuyers through the process of buying a house. Choose from multiple modern floor plans and customization options.

• Home finder: LGI’s home finder feature lets visitors select a state, city and LGI development within each city to view available homes and floorplans. Each available home has an estimated monthly cost and visitors can call for a quote on new floorplans.

• LGI warranty: LGI offers a 10-year, structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components on their homes. Homeowners can submit a warranty service request online by logging into their site and filling out a request form.

• LGI Active Adult communities: LGI’s Active Adult communities are built around and within close proximity to a city's main features. Active Adult communities are near entertainment and sporting venues, airports, colleges and universities as well as golf courses, hiking and biking trails and tennis courts.

• Energy efficiency: LGI focuses on energy efficient homes, especially homes located in the hottest part of the United States. By using reliable products from insulation to heating and cooling systems, and energy efficient appliances, LGI Homes can reduce energy bills by up to 30 percent.

• Realtors: LGI Homes has built relationships with real estate professionals that know their floorplans and communities well, and can connect customers to one of their realtors based on the region they are interested in. Realtors can also keep interested buyers updated on promotions and special offers through email updates.

• Best for: homebuyers who want to build a home or buy a home in a great community.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

LGI Homes Company Information