toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was selling my home to a very stubborn and angry buyer who took forever. I needed a place to go to and LGI Homes had the only home within my price range in my area at that time. They have been patient and reassuring, and they waited for me. Their sales rep was very informative and took me through the whole process of what was available in the area and the finance options. He showed me the house for about an hour and was very accommodating in getting all of the paperwork done right then and there. I closed the purchase for my prebuilt home on the 10th of January. And I love it because it's quiet and close to what I need. I'm 10 minutes from a Walmart, close to places to shop and I'm able to find a restaurant so I'm not isolated. The neighbors and LGI staff are extremely friendly too. LGI saved my home sale and without them, I would not be where I'm at right now.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Barbara,

It sounds like you are experiencing some challenges with living in a new development. We are glad to hear a few of these complaints have already been resolved and it is just a matter of time until your address will be recognized by Google. Please contact your new home consultant about your cable and internet issues and they will provide you with the proper recommendations or person to contact.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I listened to my son and bought a new pre-built home from LGI. The new community that I live in has been horrible. One of my main concerns is that I cannot even recognize the street name. Nobody can find the street so I cannot order anything and it's frustrating. LGI should make sure that services are available such as having a mailbox. I had to go to the post office to pick up the mail which was a long way from my home. Now, they have put up cluster boxes but I am disabled and it is very inconvenient for me to ride down the street to get my mail. I bought a house, not an apartment complex.

I have had so much happen since I have been here. When I moved in, I was told that there was internet service. But there has been no internet, cable or anything available. I also had faulty smoke detectors that would not stop beeping 24/7 so I had to have somebody come out and change them. I had two water main breaks, too. I have complained from day one that the street is not recognized by GPS or Google Maps. I tried to change my driver's license and I called DIRECTV to get service but I was told that I have given an invalid address. They're not looking into anything so I'm unhappy.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Lashanna,

Congratulations on your new home! While our homes are built to the highest quality standards, we recognize that occasionally repairs are needed. As we reviewed in the homeowner orientation, LGI offers a 10-year structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components.

Please use the following link to submit your request for warranty claims (http://lgihomes.corrigo.com/customer2/login.asp) and we will have our team address the issue.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

When we were looking for new construction, it worked out for us that LGI was building in the area we were looking to move to. The community is still new and they still have a lot of building to do. It's growing but the experience has been slow and non-responsive at times. Ever since we've closed three weeks ago, the people on site have been saying that they are not the ones who can handle anything and we have to go through someone else.

When I went over to LGI Homes, their sales representatives were very informative and answered all my questions. There was no customization for the home that they built. However, I really liked the neighborhood so I closed the purchase. We're settling in the house now and it's been a good experience overall.

The LGI sales rep that I talked to was very personable in selling his product and there was no pressure. It seemed he wanted us to get the best home for our budget. I had a bias for LGI because the company I work for supplies a lot of their materials so I purchased a pre-built home. I'm convinced they did a good job in building a good quality home for a good price. There's a lot of construction near me and I'm excited to see my street be finished and for more people to live in the homes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

LGI Homes was offering zero down and closing cost assistance and that looked interesting to us. When we went there, they didn't have any model houses. The last one was sold so that told us they were good because there weren't any left. We then closed the house purchase last January 30. Chris, the specialist who talked to us, gave a lot of information and was very helpful in finding a rate. They always asked if there was anything we needed help with.

Our home was a skeleton when we found it. We asked about changing the flooring and adding a garage door opener or a fence, but they said they didn't do that and there was no way to add or change anything, which would have been nice. But it's awesome that they didn't change the price on me. The community is very nice and right now, there are two empty lots they're constructing on but they're very respectful of our property. They aren't walking through our grass and are trying to keep as quiet as can be. Our life is much easier since I'm 10 minutes from work and we're no longer renting.

LGI's prices got us in the door. Then their staff at the Cherrylane location, especially our salesperson Jim, pushed it over the top for us and he was an incredible guy throughout the entire process. Everything about the house that they built for us was standard and there was not a lot of options, and going into it, I thought that was going to be frustrating but at the end of the day, it saved us time and money so it was a no-brainer. We weren't at a design center for hours on end. So it was a pretty good experience for us. And I think this is going to be a great community, although it's rough because we're the first family here and we don't have any neighbors yet. And being a new build, our house doesn't show up on Google Maps, so we can't get deliveries. We also can't get Comcast to come out and put internet right now. But we look forward to having more people here and growing old in this house.

I have a friend who lives in LGI Homes and he told me about the quality of the homes and how good the neighborhood was. After meeting with a couple of different places, LGI seemed to be the most competent. The sales reps that we had did what it took to get us the house we wanted. We closed the deal for our prebuilt home on Monday the 30th. It's a really nice neighborhood. We haven't been around for more than a week but I like it. I'm satisfied with the amenities and the kids love them. It's 15 miles farther from my job, but I get to my job quicker since there's less traffic somehow.

When we were looking in Dacono, we found that LGI had a home available. Our real estate agent called LGI and their sales rep Don said, "Put down a deposit and it can be yours". Someone already had plans for the house but their loan application didn't go through so we were able to get it. We weren't able to customize it the way we wanted to but it's super new and we're the first ones on the street. We're excited and we'll see how well it's built.

The sales representatives of LGI Homes were very courteous. Willy checked my credit then we went and looked at my house while it was being built. Our conversation was about the whole development area. Then, my wife and I went over the whole house after it was built. The quality was okay but there were a few problems. When they put the refrigerator in, they scratched up the floor. After the walkthrough, we found a few other things but they're going to take care of it. We have recommended LGI to 2 people so far.

My fiance had to have a separate bathtub with a separate shower. But when I looked at a couple of properties of Pacesetter and KB Home, they didn't have that and it didn't look like quality work. When we looked at LGI's houses, we liked the size and their quality was better. So we bought a prebuilt new home from them. Their sales representatives have been friendly and informative. They weren't pushy at all.

LGI Homes Company Profile