It's that easy Request Information
4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

900 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It was a little difficult with LGI in the beginning. We did all the paperwork with the first house that we chose. A week before we went to closing, the house got broken in, and then it got kind of trashed, so we weren't able to close on that house. We were new to San Antonio, and we didn’t have a real estate agent. We didn’t look at too many places in the beginning. But when that incident happened we started looking elsewhere. But they weren't offering to help us right away like LGI was. And then some of the other builders we looked at, wasn’t too happy with the quality of the appliances they were offering. Some of the upgrades that they had that LGI didn’t have, it wasn’t really a necessity.

LGI has the kind of finished building and the exact same house on the same block but a little further down. So we went ahead and chose that house. Overall, instead of purchasing the home within three months, it took us six months. It was a little frustrating, but it had nothing to do with us or them. It was just because the house got broken into.

There was an elderly man and a young man with LGI that do the walkthrough and the elderly man was very rude. I did not like him. With the first house, he was rushing us through to do the walkthrough. And he said I would not able to leave unless he got a signature. I was glad we didn’t sign on that home because I wanted him to fix the things that I brought to his attention before I would sign anything. And then, unfortunately, the house got trashed. That man was very rude, and I didn’t like some of the comments that he was throwing out about the representative.

The rep that was helping my husband and I, Ben, worked very hard in assisting us to making it right. He helped us through the whole process and was easily available. And if he didn’t know the answer, he would call back within a few minutes with it or the next day with an answer. There were little things in this new house that needed to be done. But Ben went out of his way to assist us. My husband is diagnosed with brain cancer, so he cannot do a lot. He's terminal. Ben was very compassionate with our situation. The LGI team as well really understood, so they went beyond their efforts to really assist us in getting our new home.

However, the thermostat in the home has also been a challenge. It's very difficult for my husband. I always feel a draft coming in the home. I don't know where that draft is coming from so that, including the toilet seat that pops off, could be improved. The wasn’t very pleasant. But overall, I cannot say the whole team was like that because our representative, again, was really great.

I also got to meet the owner. He was pretty much a man of his word because when we first went to get a look at the house and we put our earnest money down, he had quoted us one price. And when they were drafting up the contract, I said, “Wait. Y’all changed the price, and I'm not in agreement with that.” So the representative called the builder, and he said, “No. I remember talking to this family, and yes, go ahead and mark it as this price that I'm selling the home.” So he made it right.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We have friends that live down the street from us and LGI Homes is one of the first places that they recommended for us. When we came out and saw the place, we liked this particular home which had an open floor plan and was like something that we were accustomed to in Hawaii. The area was quiet and we fell in love with it. We looked around all of Texas to figure out what we wanted but we ended back up at the first place we looked up at LGI.

We love the house, the way it looks and feels and we love being in it. But there were some things that were done in the process and it seemed like it was a bunch of unsupervised actions by contractors for a house that cost almost $450,000. When we first moved in, the sink had a leak but they fixed it. We also had scratches on the mirror in the hall bathroom which they also fixed. Then we had a sewer problem. We moved in on the 21st and during that week, the hall bathroom was having a problem with flushing. My wife ended up plunged in a bathroom in our master bedroom and when she did that, we had sewage come back up underneath our tub.

Once I put the work order in and a plumber came over, they snaked the house but couldn't figure out what it was. They dug up the front yard and found that the pipe that connects the outgoing water and waste was not attached to the ongoing pipe that takes it out of the neighborhood. It was later fixed but then it was a long process. It was very discouraging and these were things that should have been done right the first time.

Also, the sod in the front lawn was uneven because it wasn't rolled. As I looked around the neighborhood, I saw a lot of other people's lawn that looked the same way but I hoped that it was not the standard that they just throw the sod out there and hope it fits in over time. The majority of the doors in the house weren't matched up, too so they wouldn't lock. Ours is up or down and it won't go into the center of the strike plate. I had to have a lot of readjustments because it seemed that the contractors were in a hurry and there was no attention to detail to that.

The most disappointing was when my wife called and told me she could smell gas in the house. She called the CPS guy over and he looked underneath. He then put his little probe equipment in there and there was significant gas reading underneath the range. The contractors just put it on and it wasn't tightened up so it was leaking gas. That was very scary for us being here and if we were to light a match, we don't know what could have happened.

But, the reps calling out and getting things done once the problems were identified was not an issue and the way they responded to our issues made it even easier to keep them high on my level. The rep does a great job and I have a great conversation with him whenever I need to. He showed us everything about this area and we told him about what colors of the home we like. He kept us informed on what he had available and what will be coming.

The house is great and we're not gonna move out of it but I don't wanna continue having to call in these warranty requests because it's very disturbing. Some of them are minor and some of them were very serious. All the other stuff about this process is great but I will definitely tell anyone to look out for some of the things that we've been through.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I received a postcard from LGI in the mail and I found the price of their houses to be reasonable. So, I called their number and their salesperson called me back a couple of days later. He asked me some questions and at the time, I wasn’t looking to buy a house but I was kind of interested. He told me to see him and that we’d just talk and see what they had. He wasn’t pressuring me or anything but he encouraged me to sit down, talk with them, and see what the best option would be.

I saw a couple of houses there at the property and I wasn’t anticipating in buying one that day but it happened. They gave me a check list of everything to come back with the loan officer and I followed that. The loan officer was amazing, too. She explained everything to me when I signed the paperwork and assured me that she would be able to take care of me if I had any questions. Then she let me know when the closing date was. So the salesperson and the loan officer explained everything to me and they didn’t keep any secrets. They were honest with me and let me know everything to expect and what to bring. There was an orientation as well after I closed where I was shown everything about the house, the maintenance I had to do, and where everything was. I wasn’t expecting that and it took about an hour but that was really nice.

As a first time homeowner, I didn't have any experience with home ownership and I heard from other people about how long the process takes and all the going back and forth. But everyone at LGI was great and they made the process really seamless. From the time I looked at the house to the date I closed, it was less than 30 days and I couldn't believe how fast it was. I had to put down with the loan program that I qualified for, which was through the US Department of Agriculture, and I was so surprised that I was able to get approved for it because of my limited income. Plus, I didn’t have to put down a down payment other than a $1,000 deposit to hold the house, and I didn’t have to pay for closing cost or the loan officer fees. I'm sure they were included in the price of the house but by doing that, LGI made things more simple and a lot easier.

As for the house I got, it pretty much has what I would want as I’m a single person with a dog. It has two-bedrooms, two baths, and one car garage. Most houses like mine around here in the Tampa Bay area are either a mobile home or are 30 years old or older, which is okay. But I wanted a house where I had peace of mind that I could move-in ready, that it didn’t require work or that the air conditioner or roof needs to be replaced. So, it’s difficult to find brand new small houses, unless it’s a mobile home which I wanna stay away from, or a condo or a townhouse which I didn't want because I didn’t wanna pay anything extra on top of a mortgage or an insurance every month for that.

All in all, I bought an inventory home so I wasn’t able to pick out anything but I’m satisfied with it. However, if I was having it built, I would not have carpet and just have all hard floors. My dog sheds everywhere, so I have to vacuum clean. Other than that, the house is in a street with some other new houses and LGI is in the process of building some more. So, as long as everyone keeps up their properties nice the community will be good.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

There are parts of me that’s happy with my LGI home and I'm satisfied for what I was looking at. If I had to do this again, I probably would do it again because in my situation, coming from 1,700 miles away, I couldn't build from scratch. I stayed temporarily in a lot of places and that was a hassle. So this was move in, boom and it's done. LGI Homes is about the only builder around here that does that. So they really have an edge on that.

On the other hand, although I know LGI homes are entry-level houses, you should be able to function with them being the way there are. There were a lot of things but the home was already finished so I couldn’t change anything. I've bought a lot of houses and I renovated houses for 12 years. A lot of the problems I encountered is because of cheap help. They are not under real supervision and they get the cheapest help they can get. All the builders do it. With one house that I was in, the master carpenter was 21 years old. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have the qualification. It just means that LGI didn't wanna pay anybody anything. They got the cheapest stuff they could.

I had a hard time fitting plates in the cabinets. They're not very wide and if you have an extra wide plate, you can't put it in there. The fixture in the kitchen was also way over. If I put a table directly under it, the chair would have been up against the wall. So I had to move that and I had the expense of doing that. With one of my cabinets in the kitchen, you can see where something was laddered up against it. You can't see it when you're moving in and in some lights but you can see it when the light is in the back and the light comes right on it. So this concerns quality control as far as what these guys were doing.

The ceiling could have been better as well. I've got a pieced section but I won't have anybody come in and fix it. They will make a bigger mess than what is already there. So that stays the way it is. I also had a leak on the outside of the house and when I had the plumber who was putting in my water softener work on that, it looked like somebody had banged into it.

I didn't expect things to go perfectly but there are things that could have been done better, even in terms of design. With this particular model, I have a closet that’s like an alcove when you come in the front hall. That’s wasted space. That could have gone into the closet. The master bedroom closet could be a little bit bigger also. It's the smallest closet I've ever had with the master bedroom. There was no stone in the backyard either. We just went through a tornado and half of my backyard is on my side.

The biggest thing though was not leaving me any paint, carpeting or flooring. Whenever I did a house or improved something in a house, I left behind the rest of the materials so if people had a problem, they could actually do something about it. Things happen and they can match up much more easily. When there are some things on the floor, how are you gonna match it up? You can't take it with you. The carpeting was really a hassle. All the builders had put in pretty much the cheapest carpeting they could possibly put in.

Plus the original people who put it in were not upfront about the fact that they felt it was a conflict. I'm the one who had to say it. After being put on so many different people’s voicemails, I had to ask if there was a problem. Everybody was so busy covering themselves from any type of suit that customer service suffered. I just wish they had been upfront. I'm a big girl. All they had to say was the name of the manufacturer and the style numbers. I did this for a living for 12 years and I know how to chase down a product. There was a lot of waste of time with that. I had allergy and after a couple of days, I ended up ripping out the carpeting and padding, and putting in vinyl flooring. I like the product that they put in though. I have a cat and with constant hair and with allergy for me, it was the way to go.

When I had my floors put in, the installer was not careful and left marks on the walls though. I had the owner come out and take off as many marks as he could and he removed the paint with it. I was told that the paint on the wall was a real paint though, not a primer. But I went and took just a smudge off the study wall and the paint came with it as well. So it wasn’t that this guy was pushing too hard on it. I ended up having to repair here and that didn’t make me happy, but at least I have color on the wall.

Also, when I asked if there was a builder incentive, they asked me what I meant. In some houses, it's blinds or the stones. But I was told that there wasn't any. So I purchased insurance and after the fact, I got a phone call saying that the insurance was free the first year. Nobody had told me that and trying to get the money back took quite a bit. The other thing that really squirreled me out was that when I was looking before I purchased, they had all these "sold" signs up and down the block. Everything was sold, 16 of them, and they gave me two models to look in. When I asked if there was anything else, they said there was nothing else to look at. But when I went to close the very next week, all the signs were gone. All the names were off the board and they said they all fell through. That was a lot of houses to fall through though. I'm not naive.

I wanted a finished neighborhood and I wanted neighbors. But now, I don’t have neighbors. So it's kinda eerie here. It's almost like a science fiction movie at times, at night especially when there's no one around down the streets. I don’t like that. I thought I bought a neighborhood. It may have been bait-and-switch but I don't know. Who knows what's going on in this world? People do things all the time to make things look better. Slowly but surely though, neighbors are starting to creep up from the end of the block. And anyway, I'm here. It's three months later and I'm trying to put all that stuff behind me and enjoy my house. It's a new chapter here and there's peace and quiet. A new house like this does have its advantages with a lot of work to get it to this point. It's starting to look like a home.

For a freestanding house like this that is totally done, you can't expect as much as when you are custom-building and building from scratch. So LGI Homes was probably the best way to go. The layout of the neighborhood itself is good. That includes the sidewalks, the streetlights and the sewers. I did not have all these things before when I was living in Florida. So that’s a positive. The outside construction of the house also looks good and very solid. They did a good job with the general layout of the house as well. I have claustrophobia and this whole open area is really good.

The walls are also in decent shape and for the recessed lighting, what they had was good lighting. I'm glad that they put it in as many places as they did – the front hall, the hallway, the bedroom, the bathrooms and the kitchen. Those are timeless. That was a good choice. I put in all the rest of the fans with lights in, and it was easy to match up that type of thing. The master bathroom is nice and it has a full shower which is perfect for my use. My electrical bills have been less than what I was paying in Florida as well.

The general manager who goes around and takes care of all the rest of the houses has been good with the different things that have gone a little goofy. I had a motor that went on the whole house air circulation and since he got me another motor, I haven't had a problem. So he's doing his job. He is a congenial person too. Another thing was that I didn't get manuals for my appliances. But they have been helpful with registering my appliances. I don’t have a computer, WI-FI or internet on my phone so I went in every time to do it. One of the ladies was very nice and helped me put them in even though she didn’t have to do that.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was driving through the neighborhood, saw the LGI flags out, stopped at the office and talked to Chris. All the new construction homes were FHA loan viable. Chris had most of the answers to the questions. The ones that he didn’t know off the top of his head, he found out for me. He stayed in contact and we had good communication. The basic interactions, the actual purchasing and even the home all went really well. However, there were a couple of issues with the quality of some of the work that was done on the home. Some of the items that we noted that were supposed to be repaired on our orientation walk didn’t get done.

I kept having to call back and remind the gentleman who was in charge of our neighborhood whom I will call Chad. I had interior water damage to one of the walls of the home. When I expressed that concern to him, he said he would have somebody come in, take a look, and figure out what was wrong and where the water damage had come from. So, this wall is in my upstairs, specifically, a corner. After the final construction was complete, I was doing the walk-round tour with Chris and we noticed several things on the home that were all problems. On the second story, in the meeting area for all the rooms, there was water damage at the top of the wall. It had already stained through the texture and the paint. When I was talking to Chris about it, he said he would let Chad know. There was also four-inch long metal sticking out of the foundation of the house. It was rusted from the curing process.

On our orientation day, that water damage was still there and their solution was to slap some some paint over it. That was after Chad told me that he would have somebody come in, check the attic and the make sure that there wasn’t a leak somewhere. The air conditioning unit is kinda right above that area. I’ve got further water damage happening and it’s that same area. If they came in and checked that as they said they were going to, then maybe I wouldn’t be having this problem. I really didn’t get the impression that they did.

Another item that was noted on our orientation walk was the weather stripping. The rubber stripping on the outside of my garage door had been torn severely like somebody caught it with a piece of equipment. So, we noted that. It took me three and a half weeks to get that fixed. I had to call and remind Chad three times. Eventually, I had to literally catch him in his truck across the street working on another house to get that replaced. He told me that he forgot. I told him about our signed documents and that I reminded him twice. That wasn’t consistent with the experience that I’ve had so far. I get it that Chad was busy and I understand that which is why I went and reminded him. I kinda waited till I saw him after our first phone call wasn’t successful so I wasn’t making harassing phone calls. However, this was something that we signed and this could have been passed to someone and then followed up with.

We’re going to have to call some warranty work already. The tack strip that the carpet in the living room is attached to is not attached to anything. The part where the carpet meets the tile going into the dining room kitchen area is free-floating. My newborn found that out for us and we were lucky enough to catch her before she got into the tack strip. We were just moving our stuff in in the living room, we’d put her down on the carpet and she kinda rolled always over there, and then we noticed that she had part of her hand under the carpet which was really weird. We went over there and the tack strip itself right there is not attached to anything. We haven’t called that one in yet. So, we will be.

One thing we did run into that we weren’t expecting is that LGI put down a plastic barrier or layer in the yard. My air conditioner condenser drain spits out right out just in front of and above my daughter’s window which is one of the windows in the upstairs bedrooms. I have inches of standing water in that area next to the home. This is right over by my electrical box and the gas meter. So, I went out there to basically try to figure out what was going on, and about four to six inches below the surface of the soil was an entire sheet of thick black plastic. It ran virtually the length of the house, but this was just in the yard. This water from that condenser and also from my neighbor’s air conditioning condenser were getting into this area and there was no drain. This is a part of the land where it flows from the house but it all kinda pools there right in the middle and there was no escape for it out to the front of the property.

When I was trying to give it a little channel to get out with, that’s when I came across the sheet of plastic which was causing it to not absorb and making a pool. I don’t know if that was normal LGI construction or if my house just happened to have something weird or special and forgotten. If LGI actually does that, they might wanna make sure and let the homeowners know because it’s making a heck of a mess. Other than that, the home was everything we expected and what we were looking for. The price was good and all the interactions I had with Chris were great. All the interactions I had with the in-house home loan lady were excellent. She was absolutely awesome. We stayed in touch every step of the thing which was very good. So, I was very impressed with her as well. Overall, it was a very good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 22, 2019

A new build by LGI Homes made it affordable for me to move in but there was a lot of bad news too. We pulled up some of the plants, and we pulled up big bricks underneath them. Those were bricks that the house was built with. The brick cuttings and everything that was done on the ground was left and covered up with grass and dirt. Plants were planted on top of them instead of cleaning it up. You can’t even take a lawn mower back there to mow because of all the big rocks that shoot up against the house. The Sheetrock was pushed out in several places. I was told that it was supposed to be fixed within a year. Also, the attic doesn’t have stairs. If anybody has to work, they have to bring their own ladder and go upstairs and get in the attic. There’s all that extra room up in the attic and it’s gonna cost me $400 to $600 to have a built-in attic ladder put in to my house.

There is a little bitty hole in the ceiling with a piece of plywood covering the attic up and all the water pipes are up there because the laundry room is built on the second floor. We have holes in the ceiling where water dropped out from the washing machine into the dining room. We had to put buckets underneath it. LGI Homes brought somebody out here to fix that, but they still haven’t fixed the holes and you can see the buckles in the wall where the Sheetrock and the studs are together. You could tell by looking at the Sheetrock that it’s not a smooth surface. I call LGI when I have a problem and the reps try to help me as much as they can but the quality of the build is crappy and I’ve only got one year to get it fixed.

LGI Homes response

Chester, Congratulations on the purchase of your new LGI home. Many buyers such as yourself recognize that we do take pride in affordable, quality built homes. We are glad to hear you are customizing your new home and we wish you many years of happiness as you make it your own.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Everybody in LGI Homes was courteous and the attention to detail was very good. I got a new build as everything is brand-new such as the appliances, air conditioner and water heater. I didn't want a dated house and I didn’t even know how old the appliances were. We had seen a couple of homes previously, but then, a family friend introduced me to a guy named Rafael, who was with LGI Homes. I like the neighborhood altogether and it's in my daughter’s school district, which was one of the main reasons why I bought this house.

When the consultant and I first met, she told me ahead of time and broke down everything about what the home was gonna cost, the inspections and everything that was to be anticipated financially. It helped me to save enough money to cover any inspections that might arise in getting a home. The way that the house was made was very smart and there were features that surprised me such as the outside spigot. When you turn the water on, the water comes out and when you turn the water off, it’s an auto siphon to where it sucks the water back up to where you don’t waste the water that’s in the hose. That and a lot of other things have popped up. How the outside was made from concrete-infused siding to where it’s less-flammable, it was just a lot of thought that went into this house that made me confident on purchasing it. LGI Homes knocked it out of the park and I am completely 100% satisfied.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2019

Please stay away from LGI company, they're are doing very well to sell you the house and after sales if you have any problems you will be suffering forever. I bought a new house in Princeton, our sales manager was great however before closing we noticed our grass was died and we complained about that. They advised it’s a new house and it’s a baby grass, and now after 4 months we submitted a claim with the company. They sent a construction manager. His is name is Cole, very very rude person and he said it’s not covered. In addition they built microwave vent to be open out the house so everyday we have tones of flyers inside the house and he said, "I cannot do anything with it."

LGI Homes response

Mary, thank you for choosing LGI Homes. We are sorry to hear that you’re not completely satisfied with your new home. We stand by our product and our processes and wanted to point out that landscape is not warrantable; this information can be located in the purchase agreement you signed. We wish you nothing but happiness in your new home for years to come.

Original review: June 8, 2019

This was my first time buying a home, and the path to home ownership wasn’t easy. I’m selling my LGI home not because there’s issues with my home because my house is in excellent condition. I’m extremely content with the way it is built. But I’m in a home loan that is terrible. My original bank sold my loan to another bank, my mortgage went up about $500. I’m severely in debt because my ENTIRE paycheck goes towards my loan. I’m unable to get out of for another 8 years as it’s a 10 year loan. LGI tells you that you don’t need a realtor, they have you covered. You don’t need a bank, they have you covered.

Please obtain a realtor you got to pay that 6% commission anyways to their people. Find your own bank lender and study the different type of home loans available. I liked my house but several of my neighbors don’t. Be weary of a place who ask you for a pre-approval before viewing a home. What if you really aren’t in it but you have gone through the credit process? Finally just don’t be in a rush, take your time! I’m a first time home buyer, I wished someone told me that. I hope this review helps other first time home buyers. I have an excellent realtor now. I’m selling. I luckily am in a seller's market but I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone I know.

LGI Homes response

Kendra, We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the quality and construction of your LGI home and we are sorry to hear about your current financial situation. Over the past 16 years, we have helped over 30,000 families purchase a new home. We wish you the best of luck in the future and wish you lots of success with the resale of your home.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I bought a house with LGI Homes and everything went smoothly. I had had a lot of problems with my other home. A lot of bad things were happening there, like floods, and I always had to call the insurance company. I didn't wanna go through that anymore. My realtor took me to LGI Homes and I was very comfortable working with Brook, my home consultant. She cares about her clients. I'm also glad it was Wynn that built my house. We're kinda not hearing too good about LGI. I have some cracks and there are some walls with molding that is crooked. But other than that, the house is built well.

However, there was a storm before I bought this house and a tree went down. The whole root ball is up. There is 5 feet of a root ball and LGI did not take it away. They should have. It was before I signed the paper and I didn't think they weren't gonna do it or I would have brought it up. I trust people are gonna do the right thing. Now, there's a big hole in the ground. Snakes and bees could make a nest in there. I could go out there and get hurt. I could fall in it. So it really should be addressed.

I also assume there is something in the home. Since I've been here, I've had dark rings under my eyes, like an old person, and I can't get rid of them. I've been to three doctors and I was told it was my iron but I checked my iron and everything was okay. On the other hand, the community is very nice. There are some people who are letting their property go to hell. They're not tidying their lawns and the weeds are growing over. But that's to be expected. There are also some people who have such beautiful homes. They all take care of their property real nicely. Everybody in my block is great.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

I was driving, going home, and I saw the billboards of LGI Homes right there on Lamb and Lake Mead. I told my parents that we should check them out because it says zero down and we did. We used to rent, so our money was just going to waste. I told my parents that we should get a new house and we chose a newer home. It was almost the same price as an old home. The rep, Madina, was good and she convinced us. She tried her best to help us to get the house. She was nice and respectful. However, there were some parts that LGI missed and our door is creaking now. But the home community is a good place to live and it’s calm. LGI has a good price on the houses. We put one of my uncles in there and he got his house.

LGI Homes response

Rodrigo, Congratulations on making the transition from renting to homeownership. We are happy that your New Home Consultant, Madina, took her time and ensured you were comfortable with the purchase of your new home. You and your parents realized an important factor in the search for a new home; buying a resale home may cost more for repairs and maintenance in the future. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the community and we wish you and your family happiness for many years to come!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2019

I just got done dealing with them in the Bear Creek development. The guy was as pushy as a used car salesman. And they make it next to impossible to use anyone but their lender. I was already approved through underwriting but still that was not good enough. So if anyone decides to go with them. I wish you the best of luck.

LGI Homes response

Adam, We understand purchasing a new home is often a complicated process, and we stand by our product and our process. If you experienced anything less than a positive experience with us, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you consider us in the future and wish you all the best in your journey to homeownership.

Original review: May 13, 2019

The process of buying the house was great! Everything went so smooth, our agent was great! Then we moved in and needed to submit our first warranty claim and the first “deadline” came and went without contact, put it in again just in case we did it wrong the first time. And again no one contacted us about this. We ask our agent and get stories. Honestly it’s a simple fix, but we shouldn’t have to pay to get it fixed ourselves that’s what the warranty is for.

LGI Homes response

Trevor, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with our New Home Consultant, and had a positive experience with our process at LGI Homes. We are sorry to hear you've been having issues with your new home. We do recognize that, with a new construction home, occasionally repairs will need to be made which is why our homes are backed by an industry leading warranty. We take pride in the craftsmanship of our new homes and ensure they are built to the highest quality standards. We will have our local leadership reach out to you directly to learn more about your claims and find out where we can improve our system to deliver the exceptional customer service you expect and deserve.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 6, 2019

Updated on 06/08/2019: So when I left this review they responded publicly saying I could simply call the senior manager and work it out. First, I have spoken to their management many times and they never offered any resolution at all. Secondly, they replied to my review as if they are willing to consider a resolution and they simply are not. I'd also like to say that the lady that lives across the street from my new home had the EXACT thing happen to her. They took her money, pushed the date, and refused to return her money. I am leaving this review because it simply is not honest for them to represent a willingness to return my money online when in real life, they are not.

Original Review: I gave $1000 in September to hold a property until January. In January LGI said, "We're sorry. It won't be ready until February." Then in Feb they told me it would be March. Then in March they said it will be April or May. After they pushed it off FOUR months, I ask for my $1000 back because I did not have until May...after all our agreement was January! They refused to give me my $1000 back even though they broke our agreement SEVERAL times. Do not give these people your money!! It was plain and simple robbery!!

LGI Homes response

Tabitha, We are sorry to hear that you’re unable to complete the purchase of your LGI home at this time. Pushing back deadlines is not typical, and we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. It is regrettable to see a valued customer such as yourself expressing a negative experience. If you would like to continue this discussion and speak to local senior management to review the terms of the agreement, we are happy to arrange this for you. Wishing you all the best in your journey towards homeownership.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

We went with LGI because of the loan option for the first-time home buyer. However, the gal who was trying to get us our loan did not get us the loan and said that we needed far too much money. Yet that was definitely not the case and if anything, we were too low for it. So, we went to an outside lender and that lender got us the loan with no problem. Then we went back to LGI Homes and wanted our fees waived because they were supposed to have paid for all that, but that didn't happen. The lender said that LGI was gonna refund us a particular amount of money and even our sales guy said, "Yeah, this isn't correct." But there was really nothing done about it. LGI was pretty much no help and their loan person was not doing her job correctly. It was a huge error. And that was a decision that changes a person's life. If I just went with her "No," and not have gotten the house, then I would be simply renting an apartment right now.

We've been in the home for barely over a month now and the very bad experience is continuing. Structurally, the home is solid and good. But cosmetically, there are several things wrong with it. I get that that happens. I work for a sub-contractor and I know that ** work is just done. On the day we closed things, they said that they will fix the things that are blatantly obvious. However, we signed something where any stucco, paint, or anything like that was basically our problem. And I get it if there was paint dings from us when we moved in, but the base work has nicks kicking out of it and then painted over with two different tones of paint on the wall. Those are things that we didn't do to the home but we're now responsible for. Also, the things they were gonna fix are just screwed on now.

LGI Homes response

Alexis, We are happy to hear that you are no longer renting an apartment and are now experiencing the joy of homeownership. It is our goal to provide everyone with a hassle-free experience throughout the home buying process which is why we have partnered with select lenders across the nation to provide our buyers with the best possible service. We appreciate you sharing your experience and will make sure to pass this along. Thank you again for choosing LGI Homes and we wish you much happiness in your new home, congratulations!

Original review: April 28, 2019

We liked what we saw at LGI Homes and the process went really smoothly. Although we were supposed to meet one person who apparently had to go out of town at the last minute, we were pushed over to somebody else and he was great. He took the time to answer our questions, focusing on paper. And then we went and looked at a couple of houses. My husband and I made our decision that same day. If I had to suggest somewhere to go for anybody else who's looking to buy a house, I would definitely recommend LGI. We have not yet completed our first month but so far, the quality of the build has been really great. I am loving the neighborhood as well. It is beautiful and huge. There’s also a lot of really nice next-door neighbors. Everybody that we’ve met so far seems really friendly. The park is beautiful too.

LGI Homes response

Camilla, thank you for your kind words, it is always our goal to provide exceptional customer service. We are happy that you had a positive experience and found our home buying process to be smooth and efficient. We appreciate you being an advocate for LGI Homes. Wishing you and your family happiness in your new home.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We liked the consistent communication of Chelsea, LGI's rep. She was very knowledgeable and she explained everything. Still, communication once the file was in underwriting process could have been improved. They send me communication every day with different conditions when they could have just come to me all at once. While our LGI home is okay, our AC has already gone out and we have a leak in our roof. Despite these issues, LGI came out and fixed them. Life has been good since living in our new home.

LGI Homes response

Naomi, We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with LGI Homes. We are proud to hear that Chelsea provided you exceptional customer service. Our team values your time and understands the importance of consistent communication when purchasing a home. We wish you the best and hope that life continues to be great for you and your family in your new LGI Home.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Compared to other companies, LGI Homes responded faster to my questions and the rep had answers to all the questions that I posted so I felt confident dealing with him. He was knowledgeable plus I could reach him pretty quickly, either by a call, an email or a text. He also always had a response in due time. The purchase process was seamless too. Everything went fast and it was simply an excellent process.

I’ve had a little concern because I’ve had a couple of leakages. There was a leakage in my garage but it was then fixed. There was also something about the roof and I was a bit concerned for a new building but the response in fixing it was pretty fast. They came in and had it fixed. That aside, the amenities offered in the home are excellent. The kids haven’t needed to change the school either because I wouldn’t want to stop them midway. For me, on the other hand, it’s a longer commute to work and back. But that may be because of the construction that’s going on on most of the roads right now. So hopefully, when it’s done, it would ease up a bit.

LGI Homes response

Wilfred, Thank you for leaving a detailed review regarding your experience with LGI Homes. We are proud to hear that you had a positive experience with your New Home Consultant, and found our process seamless. We do recognize that, with a new construction home, occasionally repairs will need to be made which is why our homes are backed by an industry leading warranty. We take pride in providing our customers with knowledge about their purchase and keeping them fully informed along the way. Congratulations on your new home, and may your days be filled enjoying your new home and the community amenities.

Original review: April 23, 2019

LGI Homes had the zero down payment, and the appliances were under warranty a lot. Also their rep was real cool and clear about everything. He took his time with us, showed us everything we needed and was very thorough in what we wanted. He was able to answer the questions without stammering and trying to find answers. I was comfortable with him. He told me exactly what I needed to take care of on my credit and as soon as I got that done, the next thing we know, we were getting in the car back and saying everything was all good.

However, they should have put side all around the grass because not everybody can afford that. I can see the blinds, but they should put side in the front grass and the backyard also. But the quality of the build is very nice. As far as the inside of the house, it's also very nice and uplifting. But they only have a couple of designs of the homes. So, I would’ve liked to seeing a little bit more floor plan. I'm actually seeing the house right now being built where they have one floor plan. It's one way. But they have a different floor plan on the next door and the next door to that one is the same floor plan than the other one has. That one makes me mad as a homeowner-buyer. I'm living a house away from the same floor plan that I have.

We have a bunch of crybabies in the community. People are stealing things around the area they shouldn't be stealing, like anything from trash cans to things out of your front yard. But some people are friendly. They walk up and down the street and they wave. Having the new home affected my life tremendously. Just the thought of, "This is your house" versus "This is somebody else's house." Mortgage is different versus paying somebody else some rent to come and fix something. You don’t have to wait on them to come fix it. If you got the money to come fix it to do it, it's yours.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We rented an apartment and we were looking online for another one. We thought maybe LGI had some rental homes, so we tried to look at some of that and we ended up buying one. My husband and I are getting older and I'll be retiring within five to 10 years. We liked the open space of the homes that they had and I personally like the fact that they use all of the space in the home, that there's no dead space at all.

We had to go through a lot of work to make our purchase with LGI and their rep, David, helped us through all of it. Initially, we did not think that we would ever be able to buy a home until in a year or two from then because we are both in bankruptcy right now. My husband has a year and I have a year and a half to finish. But when we were talking to David about the rental, he asked why we weren't buying a home versus renting one and we explained that we were on bankruptcy. But he said that if we really wanted to own a home, we could do this. It took six weeks but we did it.

I was satisfied with David and John there at the office and they’ll be my best friends for the rest of my life. We really gained a close bond. I would come to the office bringing the stuff that they needed and I would wait to see if there was something else I needed to get. We also had some divorce papers that I had to pick up and I would take off then go get the stuff that we would need so that I'd have everything because I don’t work until in the afternoon, so my morning is so free.

I also love the home that we got from LGI. I love the open spaces that it has and the master bathroom is huge. It's very obvious that the home is built so that people can get into it that haven't been able to buy a home. It's almost like a starter home, but it's not. It's a basic home where you can do upgrades in it. Everything is done but the home doesn’t come with gutters, so you'll add gutters later if you want. And the bedrooms don’t have locks on the doors, just the bathroom. But I wanted a lock on my master bedroom and I was given one.

We're loving the area as well. It's only about four miles from wherever we were at, so it's only an eight-mile drive to work for me and an extra four miles for my husband. There's a lot of work potential on this area, too, and it's quiet here except for the little motor thing right behind us where they play around in the dirt. Hopefully, that would develop too. I wasn’t too impressed that there was no community swimming pool but that can be done because there are very active people getting into the HOA. There's also land to be able to do stuff like that, so that can happen. All in all, our experience with LGI was really good and I recommended a friend from work to them. Also, my neighbor who's two houses down from me also purchased from LGI. He got the home that he didn’t think he was gonna purchase and he signed the contract a week after I did.

LGI Homes response

Cheryl, Congratulations on making the transition into homeownership. We thank you for allowing our team of specialists to guide you through such an important time in your life and we are thrilled to hear that you love the design of your new home. We appreciate your positive advocacy for LGI Homes and wish you and your family the best in your new home.

Original review: April 21, 2019

We were just looking online and the LGI Homes advertisement popped up. We looked at the location, we liked it and we came out to see the houses. Their reps were great. They helped us out. There was a bunch of bumps in the road that we hit. We had to do a VA loan so it was a bit more complicated, but they did everything possible to continue to help us. And no matter what came up, they would always find a way to help us out to figure out the next issue. They did really good. Honestly, my husband and I were getting discouraged, but they kept giving us the encouragement to keep going. And each time something came up, they'd let us know what was going on and how to address it. It does get weary whenever you're going around and you're trying to figure it out and then, you have another thing come up, and it's a difficult process. But they helped us through and through and we couldn't be more satisfied.

The house was more than we could even begin to imagine. It's actually like a smartphone the way it was built. And all the extra things where they had the piping in the walls for termites and for pest control and then it breathes, those were things that we would've never thought about that we needed for a house. So, the house is definitely a great quality. We were looking at houses that were pre-built in the area and to think about all the stuff that we'd have to do to get it up to par to what these houses are built for, we wouldn't be able to afford to do something like that.

So far, I'm liking the school district better. That was one of the things that I asked first as soon as we sat down because I do have a 10-year old daughter who was struggling in her last school. I wanted a smaller school district so we can have more one-on-one for her because that's what she needs. She's doing a lot better. She says herself that she's understanding things. She's getting more one-on-one time. She likes the school, how big the school is and how everything is set up. As far as commute, unfortunately, it adds to our commute. Since I'm currently in school, I have to leave a bit earlier than I'm used to. But it's worth it. We love our house.

LGI Homes response

Estephana, Thank you for sharing about your home buying journey with LGI Homes. We are proud to hear how encouraging and supportive our New Home Consultants were to you and your family. We build our homes with the consumer in mind and comparing your home to a smartphone is a unique, yet flattering compliment. Estephana, congratulations on your new home, and we thank you for your service to our country. We wish you and your family the happiest days and a successful school year for your daughter.

Original review: April 20, 2019

As I didn’t have any money to put on downpayment, I went with a new home. I also liked the program LGI Homes has and the location. We were in the Crowley location and we got a bad experience with the guy over there. Then we found the location in Fort Worth, and the guy helped us in everything. He was excellent and amazing. The quality of the new home is good and we like almost everything, most importantly the backyard. However, the constructor didn’t put the pre-wiring for installing a garage opener in case we want to put one so I have to do it by myself. Other than that, I like so far the community where we live in.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jesus, We appreciate your detailed review. We apologize you did not receive the best service initially, but are glad that ultimately we were able to help you on your way to homeownership. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 19, 2019

When I talked to the agent, Brian, from LGI he really broke it down for me and made me really wanna work with LGI. Brian was the whole reason I chose LGI. The people there were like family. I was impressed by Brian's understanding of me, not to worry about the company but I'm trying to understand what I wanted, what I was looking for. I felt really comfortable.

The home is beautiful. It's just the home that I chose didn't have a real backyard and I'm more a yard guy. But I'm comfortable with what I got. Also I was told that the area that I was in was very restrictive and didn't have a homeowner, but after I signed I found out it was a homeowner. I think it's a good thing. It's perfect. They help new homeowners and then you interact with different people. I like it. I love the community. It's a dream come true. It was a good asset and I'm happy. Hopefully, it'll be my favorite home. If it's not, I'm passing it on to one of my kids. I'm highly satisfied.

LGI Homes response

Willie, we are proud to hear that Brian was able to help make your dream of homeownership come true. We make it a priority to take our time with our customers so they can feel comfortable and secure with their new home purchase. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our team. Welcome to the LGI Homes family, we wish you much success and happiness in your new home.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We were leasing our house but the owner decided that he didn't wanna lease anymore. He said that we had to be out of the house by April 30th. Quickly, I got on social media and I saw LGI Homes. I thought we were going to lease a house but we end up buying one. David was our rep and we loved him to death. We liked his spirit, his attitude, and his whole self. He was just very friendly and was a sweet person. He's at work every day and I'm three houses up from the information center where he works at. I could sit on my front porch and look down there.

We're in a nice and quiet community. There are only about three people that live right here on this street. We're the front way and most of them are in the back portion. So far, everybody seems to be friendly. I love everything about our home. Before we actually moved in, I rode a couple of people by to see the house. They said the houses were so small. But once they got in the house, they were amazed as to how big the rooms are. But we have found some flaws in the house since we've been here. Our kitchen floor is kinda puffing up a little bit in certain areas. With all the rain, the siding on the right side of the house has got like waves in it. It's pushing up from the house. We also had a few pieces of the roof that fell off. We just made a report yesterday and LGI hasn't gotten back to us yet.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Realtors and buyers be very mindful when dealing with this builder at Lake Jackson Ridge. They told my client that they didn't need a Realtor when they told them that they had one but couldn't accompany them to the grand opening. I called the Sales Manager to let him know that was very unprofessional on their agent's part. In the beginning of the conversation he wasn't aware of whom or what I was referring to. By the end of the conversation (which was only 7.5 mins) he had spoken to my clients and they never said they had a realtor. I explained that he nor the other agents could tell me what MY client needed as I had been working with them for months and by cutting me out they are risking the rewards benefits my client was entitled to by utilizing me as their realtor.

Sales Manager in so many words said, "Oh well better luck next time." I left him know that the reassurance of their unprofessionalism just solidified that there will not be a next time. I have worked with many builders in my career and they DON'T burn the realtors like that. Again buyers and realtors, make sure you are looking out for yours/your clients best interest because this builder is not.

Dear Rochelle,

We value our relationships with Realtors and regret to learn about your negative interaction. We truly appreciate yours and your client’s interest in Lake Jackson Ridge and encourage you to learn more about LGI and the beautiful new homes we offer across Florida. We actually have an outstanding Broker and Agent program in place and encourage you to read more about it here at: https://www.lgihomes.com/realtors.cfm. We thank you and your client again for your interest in LGI Homes and wish them the best in their search for a new home.

Original review: April 17, 2019

LGI Homes was affordable and the rep that we worked with was a good lady. She was nice, cool, easy to talk to and she communicated with us well throughout the whole process. The quality of the build feels good and I don't have any kind of issues with anything. Everything is quiet in the neighborhood and there has been no problems.

LGI Homes response

Hi Christopher, We appreciate hearing the positive feedback on your experience with the recent purchase of your new LGI home. We take pride in building quality homes for an affordable price. Our teams nationwide always make it a priority to have consistent communication with our customer throughout the home buying process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 16, 2019

LGI Homes' consultants were knowledgeable about what they were doing and they had a friendly persona about themselves. I was comfortable working with them. I purchased a home and we're satisfied with it. The quality has been more than what we expected. The community is good as well and it looks like it's growing a lot. I went driving by there and there is a whole bunch of houses.

LGI Homes response

Buddy, Thank you for trusting us through the purchase of your new home. We are elated to hear that our team was able to guide you through the home buying process and that the quality of your new home exceeds your expectations. We always strive to ensure that our customers feel the highest level of comfort with the purchase of their LGI home. Congratulations on your new home, wishing you and your family the best!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was enticed with LGI Homes' zero down. But when we did our walkthrough, the rep didn't write down anything that we pointed out that needed to be fixed. I wrote down everything. I ended up with two pages, front and back, of a list of things that had to be done. And the timeliness of it getting done has been horrendous. We have to constantly call them. When we first got out of the walkthrough, we went to settlement and talked to the rep's boss, Trey, and he said, "We'll get everything done for you," this and that. He kept saying, "I'll take care of it," but he didn't write a single thing down. If it wasn't for my list, he wouldn't recall anything he said.

It then becomes a thing of he said, she said. I wanted in writing. There was one section they wanted me to sign, saying that everything was fixed from our "punch list". I was like, "No, 'cause nothing's been fixed yet." So we had to constantly call them and Trey does not return any phone calls. Rudy, our rep, every once in a while, we would get to speak to him. And that's when, all of a sudden, the contractors all wanted to call, then start setting up appointments. I asked one of the contractors, "Can I just ask you when you received an email about coming out to my house to fix this?" He's like, "I just got it today." So they had the list the day we made settlement and they didn't even contact somebody to come and fix it until our third phone call to them.

Some progress has been made. We were trying to get it all done before we moved in but it was taking so long. And now, we ended up moving on Easter weekend because we ran out of time. I still have a cracked tile. I have places that need to be caulked and painted. My rugs need to be stretched still because there are bubbles in all my carpets. A lot needs to be done. We spoke to a neighbor who has been here for four months and hers hasn't even been done yet. I told her, "You need to keep calling girl, 'cause that's what we keep doing." On the other hand, the sales and finance people were great. Everything else was wonderful. I still recommend LGI Homes to people, but with caveat.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We liked what LGI Homes had to offer and the people were genuine and caring. But since we got in the house, the lights haven't been on and I don't know whether that's Alabama Power. So we were having a great problem with that. We're basically in the dark. But I think LGI is working on that now. Other than that, it's a new house so the warranty that we got on would suffice for everything that may, in the future, come. But it's built pretty well.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Our walk through with LGI Homes was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be. Leon, our rep, was fantastic. He answered any questions that we had. He was very honest about everything that he talked about. Everybody was so nice. They told us everything upfront, everything they were gonna be concerned with about us buying a house, and they got it done a lot faster than what they thought they were gonna be able to do it. It was an amazing experience.

We love the house. It's gorgeous. Everything was perfect. The only thing that I had a problem with was the garage. There were some rebar covers that were protruding out of the concrete slab in the garage, but that's something that would take me about three minutes to fix. It wasn't a big of a deal. Other than that, that was the only complaint I have about anything. The people that we dealt with were so fantastic that the little things we had didn't bother me.

LGI Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

LGI Homes has been building new home communities since 2002. Their goal is to provide homeowners across the United States with homes of great value at affordable prices. The company also employs a team of home buying professionals to help new homebuyers through the process of buying a house. Choose from multiple modern floor plans and customization options.

• Home finder: LGI’s home finder feature lets visitors select a state, city and LGI development within each city to view available homes and floorplans. Each available home has an estimated monthly cost and visitors can call for a quote on new floorplans.

• LGI warranty: LGI offers a 10-year, structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components on their homes. Homeowners can submit a warranty service request online by logging into their site and filling out a request form.

• LGI Active Adult communities: LGI’s Active Adult communities are built around and within close proximity to a city's main features. Active Adult communities are near entertainment and sporting venues, airports, colleges and universities as well as golf courses, hiking and biking trails and tennis courts.

• Energy efficiency: LGI focuses on energy efficient homes, especially homes located in the hottest part of the United States. By using reliable products from insulation to heating and cooling systems, and energy efficient appliances, LGI Homes can reduce energy bills by up to 30 percent.

• Realtors: LGI Homes has built relationships with real estate professionals that know their floorplans and communities well, and can connect customers to one of their realtors based on the region they are interested in. Realtors can also keep interested buyers updated on promotions and special offers through email updates.

• Best for: homebuyers who want to build a home or buy a home in a great community.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

LGI Homes Company Information