Call toll free
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

711 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I saw LGI Homes' offering for zero down with the build. I saw it in Nashville and I ended up inquiring if they had anything in Georgia, then I stumbled upon the community in Bogart. The initial person I met was Miguel, and then towards the end I dealt with Samuel. The whole experience was very informative. They were there for me, answered all my questions and did their due diligence to help me out and get me into a home. I appreciate their work.

There are still some things that I need to get looked after like a closet that has not been able to open and the fan in the bathroom. I have to talk to the gentleman that sees us before we sign the mortgage. He told us to give him a call so we made him aware of that. We're still waiting on them to look at those, the transition with the lawn and then the property guidance. If I want to go ahead and put a fence, I just want it to be outlined so I'm able to do that instead of asking everybody the outline of my property. But the quality of the build is nice.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I like the style of the homes and the location of Clayton. The rep was willing to be patient when we first started looking, and followup was pretty decent. Although, I was surprised that they put blinds in the front and not in the back. Also, the AC in the master bedroom doesn't get as cold as the rest of the house. We've done one warranty claim already for a small wiring issue where if I turned off my back porch light, it turned off the electricity in the front room. Other than that, everything else has been pretty seamless.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We liked the convenience and safety of having a newly built home. LGI had a home that was suitable for my daughter. They had a new build so I didn't have to worry about structural problems. Furthermore, the home was located at a convenient location. Their reps had everything streamlined. They made things really easy for me as I'm in Maryland with my daughter and the house is in Georgia. Thus far, the quality of the build has been good. The area where the home is located also has a community pool as well as a basketball court which are good for kids.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

LGI Homes was the cheapest and they were the only ones that said I was approved. Their reps were nice and were willing to work with me, and I was comfortable working with them. They told me how to get my credit up. I did that, I came back to them and they got me a house. Their process was straightforward. They made it quick and easy for me. The quality of our home is good and I'm very satisfied with their amenities. LGI Homes seems like a nice and safe community.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I'm a 100% service connected disable vet. With 0 down. They say online the home going for 859.00 a mo. Then I call. The house is going for almost 200,000 and want to charge me 1140 a mo for payment. And they said the only way to have the 859 is to put down more money. But I have the 0 down for the VA. This LGI Homes is a ripoff! Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

LGI Homes was within a better price range than some of the other homes in the area and I was looking for a fast move-in. I’ve gone out to them on three different occasions. The third time I went back, it was the right time for me to purchase a home. The sales people were very professional and our interaction was awesome. I wasn’t too pleased about the walk-through. My contractor got a little defensive when I started pointing out some flaws within the home because he didn’t have his tape and he didn’t have his clipboard ready to mark things down. He didn’t explain that it was a walk-through so I was a little disappointed in that part but I did let them know and gave them what I thought should’ve been done. If they could explain what it entails and have the clipboard ready, that would be a lot better and would go a long way.

Furthermore, we had a lot of rain recently and the back door swelled up so it was hard to open and close. Once the water has evacuated, the door would go back down, but it does do that when it rains because the water gets in between the very bottom of the back door. I think it’s part of the build because water shouldn’t be getting in there causing the door to swell. The door in between the house and the garage has a gap at the top of it so I need to put in a home warranty repair for that as well.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The FHA qualifications, the finance and everything were easier if we go for a newly built home so we did. Looking at what was available in my area, LGI was close, convenient and it worked for me. My aunt who does real estate told me about it too. Cody, the LGI guy who helped me out was wonderful. I was impressed with his overall knowledge of what was going on and he was very personal. Our home is wonderful. The backyard can use some work and we need more exits in our community. But other than that, I love it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

A new build home is an investment property and I want to deal less with any maintenance. It was through the agent that I heard about LGI Homes and dealing with the consultant was very simple and straightforward. He showed us around the house and we were able to make the decision within 30 minutes. From the orientation walk, the build looked good. The community is great and I am satisfied with the amenities in the home.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We looked at LGI Homes online and the price fit our market. They're a little short on some of the amenities though. They didn't even include towel bars in the bathrooms and I thought that should be pretty standard. That was a low-cost item that I ended up having to install myself. I missed it on the walk-through so that was my fault. I should have mentioned it then. But LGI is still building and it's still a new community. There's only a couple of streets finished and there's another home builder that's building in the same community a few streets back. So far, it's good. The home consultant was courteous and professional as well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Working with LGI was the best experience. Everyone was very welcoming and encouraging as we waited a few months to fix our poor credit. Brandon was so helpful throughout the entire process and made our experience as painless as possible. He was able to guide in the right direction and help us build our credit so that we could qualify for first time home buyer program. He was very dedicated to us and making sure that we got into our first home. We were very apprehensive throughout the loan process but even our loan reviewer Kristin was helpful and encouraging, she kept us in the loop throughout the entire process. All in all, it took us 4 mths to go from thinking that a home of our own was a hopeless cause to owing our first home and we couldn't be any happier!! Thank you LGI family!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I’m on active duty and I was getting transferred down here. I wanted a new build and not an old home because even if you see an old home on the listing, you don’t know its history. So, I don't buy them. I wait until I can afford to buy a new home Also, when it comes to a home, I want to know that the appliances, the structure, the plumbing, and everything else are brand new. I’d rather deal with everything new and go into it as opposed to getting surprises as I go through. Plus, I wanted to stay in the uni area because I have a 13 year old son. And here the options were Zeta, KB Homes, and LGI. I needed something that was gonna be ready soon and Zeta didn't have anything at the time. Then one of my coworkers suggested that LGI was building new homes on the other side of where he lives and I decided to give it a try because of the location.

My consultant, AJ, was straightforward. He took his time and went through the entire process with me. Their customer service was great but they should tell the customers exactly what they will have in the home. At the time, I was attached to a ship, so I closed while I was still in Virginia. And when I came in, some of the basic things that I expected to be in the house were not in there like a towel rack and a toilet paper rack holder. And some of the caulking around the walls are not under the warranty. I was told that they didn't include all those things to cut cost but if I knew all that before, I would have set aside a budget for them.

Other than that, the home looks really solid and that was what I was looking for. I owned a Zeta home before and they make quality homes. So far, the one I got from LGI looks pretty sturdy, so, I’m hoping that it is. They offer the swimming pool, too, which may not be big for a lot of people but I have a 13 year old son, so that for me is big so far. Plus, the community is being kept clean even if it is still under construction and that is what matters. It is growing as well, though I don’t have any neighbors currently.

I’m also hoping that living at LGI improves the quality of life for us because when you’re shopping for a home, it can be stressful. And for me, I had to sell one home in Virginia then buy one over here. So, I had my hands full. I’m settled in now and more at ease. My son started a new school and he is learning the area because he has to walk all the way to the front entrance of the complex since the bus doesn’t come into our community. There are also a few things that I need to take care of in our new home. For example, at the back of the house I have the sliding door and they gave me a step for it which is really small. They should improve on little things like that because that step is way too small for any house you buy and pay for with that amount of money. But I won’t let little things like that affect my quality of life and I’m satisfied with my LGI community, so far.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Our home consultant at LGI Homes was very nice and welcoming. Our new LGI home community is nice and all the people that we've met are great. I just wish we have an island, but overall, the quality of the build of our new home is good. I would recommend LGI.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The girls in the LGI Homes office were always perfect, and they were above and beyond. Everything was wonderful until I needed some work done on the house. I'm not living in the house and I still live in California. LGI made an appointment and on the day that the service was supposed to happen, I sat in the house all day waiting for the plumber from 8 to 5. When I tried to call the guy, I got a hold of him once and he figured I wasn’t happy, so he said that it would be the last call he would take from him today. I called LGI and left a message, but I haven't heard anything from them.

I'm not happy with the build quality of the house. There’s a lot of stuff that I fixed myself, and there's still a lot of stuff that I will possibly do by myself. But the thing in the bathroom that I needed the plumber for, I can’t do it without cutting out the sheetrock. I don't think I should have to cut out sheetrock on a brand new home and fix their work and then repatch, retexture, and paint it.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you found our people and process smooth and efficient. It's surprising to hear you've been having trouble with your warranty repairs. For all pending and future warranty issues, please submit a claim at LGIHomes.com/Warranty and we will follow up on your behalf.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was driving through the neighborhood, saw the LGI flags out, stopped at the office and talked to Chris. All the new construction homes were FHA loan viable. Chris had most of the answers to the questions. The ones that he didn’t know off the top of his head, he found out for me. He stayed in contact and we had good communication. The basic interactions, the actual purchasing and even the home all went really well. However, there were a couple of issues with the quality of some of the work that was done on the home. Some of the items that we noted that were supposed to be repaired on our orientation walk didn’t get done.

I kept having to call back and remind the gentleman who was in charge of our neighborhood whom I will call Chad. I had interior water damage to one of the walls of the home. When I expressed that concern to him, he said he would have somebody come in, take a look, and figure out what was wrong and where the water damage had come from. So, this wall is in my upstairs, specifically, a corner. After the final construction was complete, I was doing the walk-round tour with Chris and we noticed several things on the home that were all problems. On the second story, in the meeting area for all the rooms, there was water damage at the top of the wall. It had already stained through the texture and the paint. When I was talking to Chris about it, he said he would let Chad know. There was also four-inch long metal sticking out of the foundation of the house. It was rusted from the curing process.

On our orientation day, that water damage was still there and their solution was to slap some some paint over it. That was after Chad told me that he would have somebody come in, check the attic and the make sure that there wasn’t a leak somewhere. The air conditioning unit is kinda right above that area. I’ve got further water damage happening and it’s that same area. If they came in and checked that as they said they were going to, then maybe I wouldn’t be having this problem. I really didn’t get the impression that they did.

Another item that was noted on our orientation walk was the weather stripping. The rubber stripping on the outside of my garage door had been torn severely like somebody caught it with a piece of equipment. So, we noted that. It took me three and a half weeks to get that fixed. I had to call and remind Chad three times. Eventually, I had to literally catch him in his truck across the street working on another house to get that replaced. He told me that he forgot. I told him about our signed documents and that I reminded him twice. That wasn’t consistent with the experience that I’ve had so far. I get it that Chad was busy and I understand that which is why I went and reminded him. I kinda waited till I saw him after our first phone call wasn’t successful so I wasn’t making harassing phone calls. However, this was something that we signed and this could have been passed to someone and then followed up with.

We’re going to have to call some warranty work already. The tack strip that the carpet in the living room is attached to is not attached to anything. The part where the carpet meets the tile going into the dining room kitchen area is free-floating. My newborn found that out for us and we were lucky enough to catch her before she got into the tack strip. We were just moving our stuff in in the living room, we’d put her down on the carpet and she kinda rolled always over there, and then we noticed that she had part of her hand under the carpet which was really weird. We went over there and the tack strip itself right there is not attached to anything. We haven’t called that one in yet. So, we will be.

One thing we did run into that we weren’t expecting is that LGI put down a plastic barrier or layer in the yard. My air conditioner condenser drain spits out right out just in front of and above my daughter’s window which is one of the windows in the upstairs bedrooms. I have inches of standing water in that area next to the home. This is right over by my electrical box and the gas meter. So, I went out there to basically try to figure out what was going on, and about four to six inches below the surface of the soil was an entire sheet of thick black plastic. It ran virtually the length of the house, but this was just in the yard. This water from that condenser and also from my neighbor’s air conditioning condenser were getting into this area and there was no drain. This is a part of the land where it flows from the house but it all kinda pools there right in the middle and there was no escape for it out to the front of the property.

When I was trying to give it a little channel to get out with, that’s when I came across the sheet of plastic which was causing it to not absorb and making a pool. I don’t know if that was normal LGI construction or if my house just happened to have something weird or special and forgotten. If LGI actually does that, they might wanna make sure and let the homeowners know because it’s making a heck of a mess. Other than that, the home was everything we expected and what we were looking for. The price was good and all the interactions I had with Chris were great. All the interactions I had with the in-house home loan lady were excellent. She was absolutely awesome. We stayed in touch every step of the thing which was very good. So, I was very impressed with her as well. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

The signs on the road led us to LGI's development, and the sales rep was nice and very professional. The process was organized, but we found out later on that it was probably pretty rushed and we wished we had gotten a realtor. So far the quality is okay, though there are things around the house that they have forgotten to do where they said they were going to fix, so we're hoping within the year that they are fixed. My bathroom vanity wasn't secure and then they secured it, but looking when I give my daughter a bath, there's a huge gap between the cabinet and the counter-top.

Also, I see on the website that they have videos of the community, and there's a big white PVC fence around in the video. I keep asking LGI if it's coming to Pecan Ridge, and no one has answered me. I'm also curious if they're going to build a splash park. They’re promising on their videos but they're only answering perspective clients and not people that are actually living here. But overall, we're happy here. Those are minor things.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased a home with LGI. I made a very specific point to notify them when I walked in the door that I had a Realtor. She was in the hospital that day, but was with me every step of the way after that. I made sure she was in my contract that I signed, but at closing they did not pay her and said it was because I was truthful on my survey card and told them I found them on the internet. Which is not uncommon to do even with a Realtor. Needless to say they breached my contract and got away with it.

Second, they tell everyone that if you refer someone and they purchase a home they will give you a $200.00 HD gift card. I referred someone who purchased an inventory home, so they closed before me and they got the $200.00 HD gift card, but I never did. When asking my sales person after the fact, I got the good old shoulder shrug.

Workmanship is absolutely shoddy at best. All door knobs coming off in first 4 mos. Fence was installed incorrectly and now 85% of posts are backing out of the ground. The grading in my yard is so bad that I had standing water for the skeeters to live in... Warranty claims have been completed by me rather than LGI. The product looks good up front, but overall quality is not built to last. Plus I hate when they lie to me.

Hi Shelley,

You are absolutely correct in that (in certain applicable states) we do offer a referral incentive. While we can't speak to your exact situation, we are happy to take a deeper if you are interested.

Further, we are sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your home. We stand by our product, but do recognize that occasionally repairs may be needed. This is why we offer a 10-year structural warranty as well as a 1-year warranty on most other components. For all pending and future warranty issues, please submit a claim through our online portal at LGIHomes.com/Warranty.

We wish you the best in your new home.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was having a lot of trouble with the older home trying to get a private lender and there were a lot of things that my wife and I were going through. We were dealing with lenders that were not committing to what they were saying and real estate agents that were falling through. We went through two real estate Realtors and four lenders. So, it was a lot of hassle. We found some older homes that were renovated but it just didn’t work out.

I heard about LGI Homes from Facebook and where LGI built their homes was strategically located. The house that we bought was exactly down the street from the elementary, high school and middle school, all within the same neighborhood. I was amazed about that. I have three girls in elementary and one in middle school. So, that was perfect. There’s also a college right across the street from the high school. Also, we live next to a park that had a beach and boating, and that won us over.

I’m impressed because I did not know that they had a system for pest control the pest control come to treat the homes from outside. That was a plus for me as well as the technology that LGI has where sprinklers devices are on and it could sense when there’s rain and not turn on your sprinkler system. That was pretty neat. The color of the house is beautiful. I love it and the quality of the house was very nice. However, I would’ve loved a little bit better newer appliance. The home community is very new and it still has more to build in. The pool area is great and the community is beautiful.

LGI’s customer service was excellent and it was a wonderful experience. Sammy, our sales guy, helped us from the time we started to the time we ended. I liked the way he presented LGI as trustworthy. One of the biggest issues that my wife and I had was the lenders not being trustworthy in what they were saying such that you were approved for something when it was not. They were trying to get your sale and your money. Sammy was straightforward and he presented LGI very positively, and I like that. He portrayed great integrity. Everything that they said that they were gonna do and the promises that were kept were fulfilling. I have recommended LGI Homes and I already have a friend from my job.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

An LGI home is a very good product and the community is excellent. When we visited in the beginning, there was only one viewing unit but the experience was very good and constructive. That was why we decided to stay with them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The LGI reps were cordial and professional. They helped us out and they did not seem like used car salesmen. I had everything picked out as far as what we were willing to do, and they respected that. They didn't try and push a button beyond that aspect, and they were really helpful with finding out answers throughout the process. The quality of the build is very good, but I have settlement on concrete. But their warranty does not include any flatworks, and I'm not too thrilled about that. Also, I'm not extremely thrilled about our trash service quite just yet, and so far, that isn't included in the amenities. It took us almost four weeks to get trash cans from them, but LGI was accommodating with that. They let us go to one of the new houses being built and put some stuff in the dumpsters while we were waiting for the new trash cans. All in all, it's been a good process and I'm happy so far. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I wanted to be the first owner so I got a new build home from LGI. I have a friend who bought a house through them and he liked it, so we gave them a shot. I'm happy with the quality of the build. They did a good job and got me moved in very quickly, which was what I really wanted, so that was nice.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

A friend of ours lives at LGI. He recommended us to take a look at what they had to offer and we found that they had the most to offer for the price point. They were also very upfront about everything that the home included. The first day we went, we set up an appointment and the person whom we set an appointment with at first didn't have the chance to go because she was on vacation. We set up with another rep and she gave us an intro to the company. This happened before we looked at the houses so when we actually got to the house, we had already looked at prices where the location for the suburb was. Furthermore, we also looked at the whole neighborhood and what the section would be looking like today and then what was gonna be built afterwards.

When we saw the house, we saw exactly what we were looking for and the different options. They didn't take us to the most expensive one. They listened to what we wanted and took us to choose between the ones that we were searching for. During the loan application, there was an issue with the closing date. We wanted to close earlier, and we had asked beforehand if that would change the first payment date. We were told no, but when we actually went to write up the whole contract and everything and sign the closing papers, our initial payment went up by a month.

Nevertheless, the quality of the build has been really good. The only issue that I've had is that some of the roof tiles have fallen out. Also, we've ripped out most of the carpet and put in tiles and didn't see an issue there later. The new community we are in has been nice and quiet. It's unoccupied right now but I like the way it's laid out where I can access the place really quickly. While there is still some building that needs to happen, the wash area is there and we have more trees all around. I'm excited for the finished products.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We’ve been renting since I got into the army and got to thinking why should we put money into somebody else's future instead of our own. We drove by and seen the banners of LGI. It was in the community that we're familiar with. My son went to school there for the last three years and it was the only one that was building new at the time. It seems like it's a good community. We stopped in and all the office staff and personnel were really considerate, professional, polite and knew what they were talking about. However, they should communicate more. It seemed like I had to run behind them to get information. It was almost like the loan officer was fighting against the manager, like they weren't working together because we would find stuff out before he would and vice-versa.

The build is good so far. There are some things that are wrong, but nothing that can't be fixed. I just needed to get ahold of our builder and he said he would come back and fix everything if there were any problems. It's just little minor thing like the drywall tape coming off from of the corners, a couple of the drywalls screw where you can see the holes and concretes cracking a little bit.

I would also like to see that the playground was build up a little better. It's really small and there's a lot of kids in the community. There's no type of restroom amenities and it's all open in the sun. They've got enough room to either expand the playground or put a little dog park. We've got a huge backyard and the dog goes out there but they've got a few restrictions on the fences. They said they were working on the privacy fence issue. They said no more than six, but we've got guys out there with eight for fences. We wanna get a chain link fence but we don't wanna be putting it up if they’re gonna say," Yeah, you know what? You can put up a privacy fence," and then have to tear down the 6-foot or an 8-foot chain-link fence and have a privacy fence.

There are also speed bumps inside of the community. Our speed limit is 15 and some members of the community follow but some don't. It's a community where kids should be able to get out and live the way that we did in the ‘80s, when we stayed out all the time. Some of us are trying to raise our kids to do the same thing instead of playing video games all the time, but you're scared to let them outside because you don't want them get run over. But overall, the experience with LGI went pretty good. We went through VA so it went pretty smoothly. We were kept in the loop for the most part and there were those little hiccups here and there but it wasn't really a big thing for us.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We love LGI Homes. The price was right and everybody at LGI was great - from the loan people to James, the salesman, that helped us get the house. It has been real good working with them. When I called for certain stuff, they were right on time. They got everything handled, so I had the best service. Everything went like we wanted it. We got the house way ahead of time we were supposed to get it If I had to go it again I would. I also love the community because it's one of the quietest places I have ever lived in and the neighbors are nice as well. So go get a house from them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I looked at Horton and LGI. LGI seemed to have a little better deal. I like the way they build the houses, and they have some interesting features, and it wasn’t overpriced. The price was right and the location was good. They were reasonably easy to work with as well. The consultant that we worked with was vey congenial and helpful. I used my own title company, and they didn’t like that, but I did everything with First International Title in Cape Coral, and the numbers worked out. I'm using the two houses I bought as rental properties at the moment.

I tried buying another house, but it didn’t work right. The location wasn’t quite as good, and we had a verbal agreement, but they sold it to somebody else after we were going to meet and exchange the down payment. The people that bought it didn’t have the money, and LGI tried to come back and sell it to me, but I was not gonna do business that way because they reneged on the first verbal agreement.

Other than that, the quality of construction seemed pretty good, and there was a built-in-the-wall infestation feature where you could pump in termite protection right in. It was installed in the construction when they built it. Also, LGI's system is with discipline. It goes through their sales associates, their sales representatives, and their management. But they're not very flexible or it's hard to get them to change it, and that could be cumbersome in generating more sales. Sometimes you got to be very flexible with the buyer, particularly a cash buyer.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I didn’t want to deal with all the hassles that you get with an older home. So I went with a new home and LGI's home was well-built but it wasn’t over-built. I don’t need all those extra granite countertops. I dealt with Fred and he was excellent. He knew not just about what he was selling but he also knew the whole area. He knew the school and what's around there. I went from a condo to a house so it requires a lot more work. But the neighborhood is nice and quiet. It's good and I like it. I've recommended LGI Homes to my son as well.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

LGI Homes had ready-to-move-in houses because they use spec homes. And when I dealt with their representative, the experience was awesome. It was perfect. Everything was done quickly and efficiently from start to finish. I moved into my house 14 days later. The only problem I've had is that we had a punch list and it's almost been two months but I'm still waiting to get some flooring fixed. Otherwise, the build quality is good and I like the community.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I had been shopping around and looking at rentals, and the realtor proposed the option of looking into buying. I knew my credit wasn’t where it should be but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to at least see where I stood. There were two other different builders that I inquired with, but with my credit score, it wasn’t enough to qualify on my own. The realtor said that LGI was a little bit more lenient in their qualification, so we went ahead and tried them as a third option. Everyone was super friendly and informative, and they kept in touch with me from start to finish. As a first time homebuyer, they made it a nice and smooth process for me. If I had to repeat the experience again, I would definitely go through them because of how welcoming they were.

The only issue I had with LGI was that the construction crew probably could have cleaned upon themselves a little bit better. There are a couple of areas where you can see little paint droplets on the rug, but they’re very minor. There are also some areas where there was some sawing or sanding going on, and I vacuumed up some areas where that was. Also, I ended up being right around the corner where the mailboxes and the pool are, and a lot of people are parking on the side of the street which makes it a little tight when you’re driving through. Nevertheless, I feel a little more relaxed now that I've settled down.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I liked the people at LGI Homes. I went to KB Homes and they didn’t give me the same welcoming experience as when I walked into the LGI office. Brandon was great. He made us feel at home. He answered all our questions and he even gave us his personal cell phone number. It took us about two months to get the home and during that process, me and my wife were getting nervous. We were thinking we weren’t gonna qualify for the home, so we kept calling Brandon asking for advice. Even after hours, he would answer us and tell us, "Everything's going fine. it's just a long process." He comforted us the whole time and assured that the home was gonna go through. I was impressed that Brandon offered his help 24/7. And when we brought our family and my mother-in-law over and he talked to them, he answered their questions. My mother-in-law had a lot of questions and he was patient with her. I really appreciated all that.

I was extremely comfortable working with the team at LGI. If I had a question or concern, they got back to me the same day, regardless if I called the consultant or if I called the builder I went through. If I called and I leave a message, I got a call back within four hours. Our new home makes our life 100% better. I'm very satisfied with the quality of the build. Our new home's community is very quiet. I like that they're building a little play park two houses down from where I live. The builder told me it probably should be about a month or two for it to be completed. When we moved in, it looked kind of bare. I told my wife, "It's gonna take a while." But they're actually working on it every day. And every day, when I come home, there's a new piece that's up.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I currently own an LGI house (Captiva model) in the Cape Coral area. After few months living in the property and having water leaks issues due to windows not properly installed, I can tell these houses are not built to last. Even though they offer a warranty, you will have to text, call them at least 20 or more times to get some partial resolution (the water leaks came back). These houses are built way too fast with low-quality materials and they are sold at the market price. This guarantee the maximum profit for the LGI Homes company but the consumers have to pay the price.

Hi Hector,

Thank you for your feedback, and congratulations on becoming a homeowner. As you should have been told during your homeowner orientation, we use an online portal for all of our warranty claims so we can keep everything tracked and stay accountable.

For any pending or future warranty items, please submit your claims at LGIHomes.com/Warranty.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

LGI is in the school district that my kid goes to, and it's closer to Spring which we are familiar with, so this was right up our alley. Also, LGI's pricing was nice and it was awesome that we got the house with no money down. I had Mike as my salesman and he was awesome. He knew what he was talking about. He showed us three houses, and he was very knowledgeable about the sale, the property, and the community. When we changed our minds on the original house he showed us, he didn’t have a problem switching the house. It was a plus that he spoke great English. The house is outstanding and the community is wonderful.

LGI Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

LGI Homes has been building new home communities since 2002. Their goal is to provide the Southwestern and Southeastern United States with homes of great value and great prices. It also employs a team of home buying professionals to help new homebuyers through the process of buying a house. Customers can choose from multiple, modern floor plans and customization options.

• Home finder: LGI’s home finder feature lets visitors select a state, city and LGI development within each city to view available homes and floorplans. Each available home has an estimated monthly cost and visitors can call for a quote on new floorplans.

• LGI warranty: LGI offers a 10-year, structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components on their homes. Homeowners can submit a warranty service request online by logging into their site and filling out a request form.

• Active adult: LGI’s Active Adult communities are built around and within close proximity to a city's main features. Active Adult communities are nearby entertainment and sporting venues, airports, colleges and universities as well as golf courses, hiking and biking trails and tennis courts.

• Energy efficiency: LGI focuses on energy efficient homes, especially homes located in the hottest part of the United States. By using reliable products from insulation to heating and cooling systems, and energy efficient appliances, LGI Homes can reduce energy bills by up to 30 percent.

• Realtors: LGI Homes has built relationships with real estate professionals that know their floorplans and communities well, and can connect customers to one of their realtors based on the region they are interested in. Realtors can also keep interested buyers updated on promotions and special offers through email updates.

• Best for: interested homebuyers in the Southeastern and Southwestern United States.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

LGI Homes Company Information