4.37/5
Based on 468 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 25, 2018

596 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I needed to bring home my five family members to Texas from Puerto Rico in such short notice after the hurricane. I tried to get another room at the place that we were renting at and it was too expensive. Then, I went to see the new homes and I found that I was about to pay almost the same for the new home for us. So I decided to take that one. Chris, the home consultant at LGI Homes, was good in explaining clearly the pros and cons, giving the information, and guiding me as a buyer here for the first time because it's different back home.

Then, we went through some papers regarding the different floor plan and prices, and we went to the actual home. The process was professional and I understood everything. I liked it. Chris was also able to answer any question that I had. The quality of the home is really nice and I love it. It's beautiful and I like the kitchen, the counter top, and the details. I also like my room and my daughter's. It was a wonderful experience overall.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I really liked Toby, the salesperson, who was the reason why I went with LGI Homes. He did a good job and made me so comfortable in my decision to buy a house. He was in connection with me really well on a personal level. I called him at 7 o'clock at night when I found out that I got my credit over what I needed it to be. It was his bestfriend’s birthday party and he still answered my phone call. The person who walked me through my house was great as well as the one who walked me through signing the closing paperwork.

A new build came with warranties but I’m a little concerned. I’ve been there two weeks and I’ve had a massive leak that cost me damage to the carpet and to the structure under the sink. They’re coming in to replace it and they’ve been speedy about the fix but that was unfortunate. Also, when they cut open my wall, there was a bag of chips inside. But so far, the families are nice in the community. I wish the back walls were taller because I can see half of my neighbor whenever I go in the backyard and I don’t like that. But it’s working out. Also, there are no basketball hoops in the park and the slide is very small. The grass is nice but the park should be bigger.

I just closed on the 30th so I’ve only had a couple of weeks to try to get in there but it’s a lot closer to my work. So, it’s been nice. Everything went really smoothly until this little hiccup with the build but their recovery time was really what’s making it worthwhile. I’m super happy and I love the house, the warranty and having insurance.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We never thought we'd own a home so being able to actually own a brand new house that nobody has lived in before was what drew us to going with a new build. We had a realtor, Tim, and he showed us a listing. When he showed us our current house, we loved it and so we went in. Once we saw it in person, we fell in love with it again. Our home consultant was Larry and he was a good guy. He definitely knew his information at LGI. He sold us on the community, the amenities and the service on the growth potential for that area. So, he was real pleasant and educational. He took us to about eight or nine different homes, the only way to do it so he was very helpful.

So far, I really like the quality of the house. There was an issue with some paint and there was a leak somewhere in the roof but they were taken care of right away. Also, the house is in a nice neighborhood, and it was one of the things we were looking for when we decided to move. We haven’t had a lot of opportunities to meet our neighbors, and one thing I'm hoping for is that a lot of families move in that have kids so that our kids will have other kids to play with. We're happy, waking up every morning knowing that we own a home and not paying rent anymore. Plus it's helping us teach our kids about taking pride in our property, that it's something that we own and that we need to take care of it because it's going to be ours forever. We've been talking to our family, and I have one who's looking for a house and we've been talking to her and trying to get her out here at LGI with us.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I tried to find a good area that's safe for my kids and with a good school. All the personnel at the LGI office were good. My consultant Jack is a good man. But the house is missing some things and they were supposed to give more stuff. I went for the garage door to open if you have to get off the car and go inside to open the garage, but it's not supposed to be like that. The bathroom and shower door were supposed to be done as well. Everything else is fine and I'm satisfied.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I like LGI Homes' warranty and the confidence in knowing that my new home will be backed by a builder. LGI Homes was the first we contacted and we like the closing cost so we've worked with them from the beginning. The home consultant was sincere, he went through all the steps and everything about what the company was built on, where their main focus is, and showed the area of the house we were thinking of buying. He went through the whole process and whatever we needed. I felt comfortable working with him from the beginning. If I have any question, he responded back quickly. And everything was taken care of before we signed any paperwork.

The quality of the build was good although there were small texture defects here and there, but everything else has been decent. It's been two weeks, but they still have to put some things that were missing from outside. The construction manager said that if it went through at orientation, I shouldn't have to worry about it, so I'm waiting. However, our community has no amenities. I just wish the entrance was a bit better. For how nice the homes are in here, I feel there should be a better entrance. The entrance doesn't do any of the houses justice. Nonetheless, our home is wonderful. The neighborhood is really quiet that you can hear a pin drop. I already recommended them to a couple of my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was looking for a place to rent online on the internet and we were in a rush to get out of our place since it was being sold from underneath us. I saw LGI Homes on the internet and I passed it up a couple of times but then, I realized it would be just like renting so I contacted LGI Homes. They set me up with Mike and everything fell in place. Mike was always there if I needed anything and Jeff, the construction guy, explained everything. All the office people were very knowledgeable and answered every question I had. So, they've done an excellent job. LGI Homes was very helpful and got everything done quickly which was a big help. They took care of everything and knew what needed to be done. They had everything set up in place well, everything flowed easily and they had a great process in place of how everything goes which made it very easy. Everything went smoothly and the experience was good.

The build was good and there were some little flaws here and there but nothing that cannot be corrected. It wasn’t as soundproof as I thought because when I came in before, there was no noise so you can’t hear anything but I’ve been hearing more noises. The front door could be sealed better to keep some of the noise out. Other than that, the layout is nice and spacious. I like the way the inside is and the landscaping outside. I'm not good with plants but they look very nice. Before we moved in, Jeff came right by and said the front looks too plain so, he asked about changing the landscaping and we agreed. They changed the landscaping and it looks a lot better now so that was a nice change.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was hoping to get a better efficiency with a new home and wanted to break in the home ourselves. We saw LGI Homes when we first came about a couple of years ago, and we inquired back then. We were looking at another house in the same road, Starlight Homes, and then drove up further. That’s when we saw LGI and they had already built homes. I dealt with two people and they were good, helpful and knowledgeable. They explained everything very clearly and I was very comfortable working with them. They’re the ones that convinced me not to go with Starlight. When I noticed something that asked if I still wanted to consider and found out what that meant, I said no and that I wanted a 30-year fixed rate with no adjustment. The reps also got back to me very quickly when I had questions.

However, we just found out certain things that we wish we had more time to look over, like the toiletry rack, the towel rack and the doorbell. I kept wondering why everybody was knocking on the door instead of ringing the bell. Then we realized there was no doorbell. Also, the community was going good until last night, when we saw a cop pull over somebody’s house and speak to someone. I was hoping nothing’s getting crazy up here. But other than that, it’s fine and we like the home.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm a realtor and I have two accounts with LGI. One closed recently and it's a newly built house in a good looking neighborhood that seemed to be a good fit for my client. I have another one that's closing on the 31st. LGI has good customer service and working with them has been pretty smooth. Teana was my consultant and she was spot on. LGI made it easy for me and for the buyer to get into so everybody was happy. They had incentives because it was a new construction. My client was able to get in with very little money down and out of pocket. She's a single mother and was a first time homebuyer. LGI was helpful in guiding her and she went to a couple of THDA classes and that helped out as well. They were overall very knowledgeable and a great one-stop-shopping turnkey. The quality of the house was pretty good too although there could be some improvements here and there but I'm picky. And those would probably be considered upgrades.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I’m getting older and I hope to retire in about five years. So, from my point of view, I should have very little trouble with a new home through my retirement. I’ve owned three homes, but none of them have ever been new. So, it’s nice to have a bright, shiny, new home. I did look at a lot of other builders online and I just decided to go with LGI Homes, a location I wanted, very close to work for me. Although it’s in an older part of town, it’s a new subdivision. Their rep, Cynthia, was great. She was very nice, very friendly, and very helpful. And Bernadette, the lady who handled the loan for me was great too. I was real impressed with the home. The gentleman that I went through it with the day before closing did a very, very good job. He was thorough and nice guy to get along with.

So far, the quality of the build seems fine. Time will tell. There are some things that irk me, but I can live with them. One is the closet door in the master bedroom opens inwards, which is crazy, because to get to everything, you have to go in and practically shut the door. I’m planning to have a carpenter come out and rehang it so that it opens outwards. And then the placement of the air conditioner seems a little odd because it’s upstairs. It’s not right next to the master bedroom. The hallway is in between the master bedroom and the air conditioner. They should have put that downstairs or out in the garage, because it’s pretty loud. And then when it gets going, it settles down. I thought that wasn’t too brilliant. It doesn’t bother me, but I know someone personally who I have come over occasionally who would not be able to handle that at all.

For now, there’s not a lot of people living in that community. It’s funny though. One person across the street and down a bit, diagonal to me, did holler over to me about the first day or two I was there. He just yelled out, “Howdy neighbor?” And I thought that was really nice, friendly. Overall, I’d recommend them. They’ve got some spaces blocked off for retail space which is really cool if they get that going.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had to get out of the city and was referred to LGI Homes by a co-worker. My interactions with the home consultant was stressful at times, but we got through it. He was very nice and every time I called him, I knew he'd answer. Also, his knowledge was excellent. The LGI community is growing and I like it. There are also amenities offered like a swimming pool, a microwave and a dish washer.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My experience with LGI Homes was smooth. We like living in their community and so far, everything is good.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I did some shopping around and what drew me to LGI was the zero down payment. The rep was awesome and it’s because of her that we bought the house. We’re from Puerto Rico and my wife has a little bit of trouble understanding English even though she speaks it, but the rep broke it down to her and explained everything to us very well. I love the house, and the community, as well as the amenities, are very good. I’ve just been living at LGI Homes for a week, and everything’s been great so far.

Original review: May 15, 2018

A new build house allows membership in HOA and the location is available in the Albuquerque area. I needed somewhere that's gonna be remotely easy and accessible to get to work to and fro. I purchased from LGI Homes after knowing about them from Zillow and my choices were slim pickings. There were only two options, the houses or a townhouse, and my agent and I decided to go with a townhouse. It had everything I was looking for so I moved forward and used my VA home loan. The home consultant helped me secure the one that I wanted because they have a first come first served policy. There were 3 available for the one I wanted and I particularly want the one on the corner which other people were competing for. He told me to expedite and give my $500 deposit down or the earnest money or the 500 down.

However, we're supposed to register the serial numbers and model numbers of the kitchen products which includes the fridge and dishwasher, and I'm having a hard time. The website is not working, so we can't register online. And when I tried to call their two numbers, no one answers. I had to use the chat feature on the website and the young lady I spoke with said that they're having problems with the website so I gotta email my closing papers in. So, it's not as easy as the instructions on the brochure had stated, but it's not LGI's fault.

When they said I'm meeting with the builder, I thought he was the one who built the property or building. But I talked to a builder who was lower on the payroll. He was a proxy builder. He came in, gave me some insight, and he was very nice, intelligent enough to tell me about the garage door and all of the components with the AC.

Nonetheless, I'm very impressed with the quality of the build of the home and it's very quiet. The number one concern for me even considering a townhome was the wall. I wanted to make sure I had enough distance between my neighbors and myself because sound is probably the biggest issue. I've had a bad experience in apartments but the LGI townhomes are quite built differently. They had to go over that with me as far as the distance and cinch installation, the gap, the 2x6, and that was important to me. The security of the way the walls were built was my concern. Then, I also have high ceilings and granite counter top. I was taken by the very exceptionally well done kitchen. So, I'm satisfied overall.

The mortgage was right within my sweet spot in what I was looking for. Also, the HOA wasn't really that high yet and the PID tax appears to be already included into the overall cost. So that was the big issue as well. Contrasting between buying a home and townhome in the way LGI had it set up, one might say that the PID is on top when they gave the figure for the house. In one of the houses I lived before, it was 1,400 a year and I paid yearly or monthly but they put that on top of the regular mortgage payment monthly.

I called CenturyLink to hook up my Internet on Saturday last week and they came out on Tuesday and they told me that they were not able to hook it up because apparently, there was a set up on the lines of the telephone and the cables. The technician communicated with some of the agents and the reps in the LGI office and they didn't really have an answer. So I talked to one gentleman there who was really close with the builders and he had said that the gentleman who built these had been building them over 20 years and so there shouldn't be a problem. I had to reschedule with Comcast. And then the next day, I unloaded some of my property back and I noticed that CenturyLink was hooking up on another condo or another townhouse there so I didn't really know what the problem was or if this has anything to do with LGI. Still, it was a big upset.

As far as the community is concerned, there's not a lot of people living in the area now and it is one of the least lowest crime rate areas in Albuquerque. It's sort of the more upper side as far as the east side of Albuquerque and that's pretty much what I'm gonna benefit from. All in all, I'm very satisfied but I'm also very intuitive and critical especially if we were gonna spend this amount of money on a property. I wanna make sure everything goes smoothly. There are some things that could have been better but overall, everybody seemed to be nice and really friendly. They really wanted me to feel comfortable and have the right information, and they provided that.

Original review: May 15, 2018

An LGI home is affordable and the home consultant is awesome. Except that she was moved to a different location before the close and so she brought another closing assistant just to help her around. The first day they drove us by the park and told us the hours people can hang out there. But we’ve also had a few issues. I’ve had to put in some requests through the LGI site but there’s a lot of homes in the area. The technician gets other requests for things so it's usually between five to seven days that we get a callback to figure out how to solve the issue.

Some of them are very minor. We've had issues with the door, the bolt not lining up with the receiver but then we’ve got some settling dirt in the backyard where we can see underneath the concrete of the front porch. So it’s starting to cause a gap in between the driveway and the lawn and I don’t want it to ruin the structure of the house. The tech said he had some other homes in the area that were gonna have some dirt coming in backfill, but it should have been figured out before. I hope that these are the only issues. And once they are fixed never have to be addressed again.

It seems once they started the house they didn’t finish it before they moved down to the next one because we had already closed on the 30th and we still have yet to have that little accent pieces attached to our garage door. We had a guy come out last Friday to look at the garage door. The handles on the outside of the garage door are only bolted on the top but bolts aren’t bolted in the bottom. And there’s no nut on the back so they’re just loose handles.

There’s supposed to be accent pieces on the side to make it look like a barn door and they’re not on. There’s also a little bit of paint on the door of the cupboard in the bathroom that should have been wiped off. The final walkthrough could have been a little smoother. When you’re spending that amount of money, you expect it to be done and complete. It just doesn’t seem to be move-in ready and we had already closed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I came from Michigan where the pipes are really bad throughout the entire city. I had to give up my home because of that. I didn’t wanna take the chance of having anything wrong with a house before I was able to enjoy it and when I get an older home, I wouldn't get a warranty so, I felt building one would be the best way to go. Working with LGI Homes has made it a whole lot easier. They worked with, Chrissy, a loan officer, whom my friend who bought a home dealt with as well. That was actually one of the reasons why we did. Also, LGI was the only place that was building in my area. Chrissy was really good and a guy named Jason was really patient. The entire experience was long but it was cool. I ain’t had a home built for me, so that was pretty special.

However, it's important that LGI should have a little more openness on the process of the loan about what's going on because I was in limbo for a bit, while Jason was trying to work some things out so he could get me approved. Also, the homes have the same amount of value, but I didn't get the same amount of amenities. I didn’t want my house to be exactly like the person's across the street but I couldn't pick the kind of flooring when building and my house is the only one in the area that does not have a patio or any kind of back porch.

Other than that, the quality of the build is really nice and the community seems safe. I have left my door open two times and everything that I left in it was still in it the way I left it. I was happy with that. And I feel better that this house is mine and that I live in a community where other people feel the same way about their property. I don’t have to worry about coming home and seeing a tractor in front of the house next door or a car graveyard. It’s a wonderful feeling.

Original review: May 13, 2018

We were looking for houses on the Kyle area and we wanted a new build because of the warranty thing. Also, when you get a house, you'll have it for at least a 30-year period. And if you get an older home that's 20 years old already, by the time you pay it off in 15 years, it's gonna be a 45-year-old house. When LGI Homes popped up on Facebook, we saw that they were in the Kyle area so we decided to check them out. The home consultant who assisted us was really good and helpful. The steps they took were a little modernized but she was always there to help out and she assisted us on many things that we needed as well as on any questions we had.

We just moved to our LGI community we haven't had time to explore it yet. But so far, it's great and they got a lot of stuff going on. To me, there are some other stuff that could have been added to the house for the price we got it for like a garage door opener and ceiling fans. And they could have put blinds on all the windows but they only put three. But other than that, the quality is good and I would recommend LGI to a friend or a family.

Original review: May 13, 2018

We had previously purchased a town home and we went through the process of maintenance and repairs, and we figured that when we bought our first single family home, we would want to use a new construction. The service at LGI was incredible. I liked the fact that you could go ahead and go through the financing process and loan process at the builder's site, which made it very convenient for us instead of having to go through a different financing company, meet with them and go back and forth with our papers at a different location. It was a smooth process to meet with your sales representative and come back, fill the paper work, meet with your loan agent right there on site and finalize the closing right on site.

I have nothing but great things to say about Morita, our sales representative. Shannon, the construction builder, was outstanding. And Paul, the sales manager, has been instrumental with taking care of my family. When we did our walk through, there were a couple of issues but nothing extreme. There was a light fixture that needed to be repaired, some painting that had to be touched up and I had a door handle that needed to be replaced. But they were able to be wrapped up very quickly for us.

The whole process was geared in creating an overall great customer experience. From the moment we asked a question to the moment that we were sitting down and closing, there was never a drop in communication along the way, and that's something that goes a long way when you're buying a home. There was never a moment that I didn't know what was going on, and if there was an issue, there wasn't any moment that I wasn't reassured that they were gonna take care of something.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We went to LGI Homes and we liked what we saw. Their reps were great. They were very attentive and answered all of our questions. Throughout the whole process they were very informative, they stayed in touch and sent us handwritten letters, which was a nice personal touch. We were extremely comfortable working with the home consultant. The quality of our home is good. However, everything is very basic. We don’t even have a doorbell or towel holders. We have to put everything in, even toilet paper holder. Our community is very quiet and very clean. And a lot of the homes are still empty, but we’ve met a couple of our neighbors and everybody’s nice.

Original review: May 11, 2018

LGI Homes was the first builder that I went to. We called the home consultant, set up an appointment and then they showed me around some of the builds that they already had completed. We chose the one that we liked and they gave us a date on when the build would be finished. The process was very simple and fast. As far as the home, it has minor stuff. There’s stuff in the kitchen, but the bathrooms have nowhere to hang towels. They are literally just cabinets. I’ve only been here for about two weeks and there were few holes that the builders left. I notified the office about it and they had somebody come over and patch them right up. So far, I haven’t talked with anybody here yet. Everybody’s still moving in and doing their own thing. Nonetheless, I’ve been recommending LGI Homes to people.

Original review: May 11, 2018

For the standards of the homes now which are in my price range, a new build has three or four bedrooms while some of the older homes that I would have looked at only had two-bedrooms. So, I decided to buy a new build since it fits my new lifestyle. I went on the internet on Trulia to look at homes in the area where I wanted to live in and I came across seven builders. LGI was one of them and their houses were similar. But when I looked at this particular house for the first time, it fit all the things that I was looking for. It was on a corner lot, had a garage in the back versus the front, and fit all the boxes for me.

Then, I went to the LGI's office to ask questions and Dave was the guy who told me everything upfront. He was an awesome dude and he told me what was included, what was not included, what they do and don't do, and about the area. I ended up dealing with him and he wasn't pushy at all. All in all, their process was pretty easy and really step-by-step.

So far, there were a couple of things that needed to be addressed on the house and the last thing was done this morning. The quality seems to be equal to a lot of the houses that I looked at over the last year and two months and the community has a very nice layout. The exact area where I'm at is right across the street from a park and the closest neighbor to me is offset into the rear. So, the whole subdivision seems to be spaced nicely. Plus, the location is right in my fishing area and I can be in the water in 10 minutes. The amenities are also fine and they don't offer upgrades in this location but that's something that I can live without and I can just improve the house as I go.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was priced out in the Seattle area and when I looked outside, there were a lot of new houses going on. So, I decided to buy a new house. The realtor gave me the information about LGI Homes in Spanaway, then I commuted to take a look at what they got there, and I bought my home on the first day. So far, the house is okay but I could already see those cracks on the windows and some small areas. It'd seem that they didn't seal the sheetrock very well. Also, I'm not too impressed with the community. But the amenities are okay.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was looking for a home for about a month or so. I drove by and saw LGI's sign and went in. Their consultants were very helpful. They explained everything to the details. They were very patient and answered all our questions. I liked a new build better than older homes because a lot of older homes come with issues. Sometimes, the seller doesn't really tell you about those issues.

The LGI Home I got was new and I'm the first one in the house. The quality of the build has been fine and I like the community so far. The houses are very spaced out from each other which brings a lot of privacy. Although the houses are still filling in, it's quiet so far and the neighbors are okay. However, there is one neighbor who keeps having his four-wheeler up and down the road, which is illegal. Other than that, it's been perfect and we love it.

Original review: May 9, 2018

When I first found out about LGI Homes, I wasn’t in the market for buying a house. But recently, I decided on a new build ‘cause I didn’t want to give in to something that was older that I might have to work on or fix up as time went on. I saw a flyer for LGI Homes and checked other ones like KB Homes, Fulton and some of the other ones that are here in Phoenix. LGI was a lot cheaper and seemed to be the best one around as I liked the style of their houses. Their consultants were really good, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. They called and texted me a lot, answered a lot of my questions and seemed to know what they were doing. I felt comfortable purchasing a home from them. I picked the model that I liked the most and they just completed mine not too long ago so I haven’t quite moved in yet. But as for the quality, I'm satisfied with it. I'd recommend LGI Homes.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I went through a broker and she found this house with LGI Homes. When I talked to Joshua, their home consultant, he was awesome and informative. He knew quite a bit, but he's been doing it for a while in this certain area. Any question that I had, he had answers for, which I really appreciated. Some people just talk the talk but he actually went through. Being able to park at the back sold me on the house and I understand that the house is a four-bedroom with two and a half bath, but the amenities that went with it made it seem as if I didn't get what I paid for. It has no gutters, ceiling fans, countertops, or top flooring. But I can always do the upgrades on my own.

It feels good to settle in my new home. I've been in and out of addresses for a year and now, I finally have an address. The only thing is, there are no swings in the park and they told me that the sprinkler system would hit us in May 1st, but it's not yet finished. Other than that, this is a nice and diverse neighborhood and I would recommend LGI Homes.

Original review: May 7, 2018

A downstairs neighbor in the apartment that I used to stay in recommended LGI Homes to me. Then, when we came out to the area, we liked it so, we went ahead with it. Bryan, the home consultant, was very knowledgeable and he helped me out a lot. Also, we love the quality of the built and we enjoy the amenities in the community. We went out and spent time in the park and out at the little dock where they have with the fishing dock. It's a lovely place to live.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My real estate agent recommended me over to LGI Homes and I got to know that they are the builder. It's better to have a new home. It's a new build and everything is new. And the price is the reason why I like it. So, I just bought a house from LGI and their people are real nice, friendly and very helpful, especially my loan officer is Katie. Everything is great in the buying process and the quality of the build of the house is great. But there are minor things that need fixing. There's a crack on the concrete on the floor inside the garage, but LGI already set up for a guy to be in our house on May 25th to take a look. Then there's an issue with our water pressure that they didn't do right. Also, the shower has kept leaking and dripping for four days. I put in the work order to LGI already and they said that someone will contact me regarding the water pressure and the shower head.

Original review: May 6, 2018

We liked the warranty on a new build so we got one from LGI Homes. My wife and I liked the area where it was at and they were the only ones building in that area at that time. Shane, our home consultant, was good at what he did. He knew very much what he was doing and was very educated on the whole community. But for the most part, when he responded back information that we required from him, he was not quick with it. But eventually, he got to it. Then Eddie took over our account and sometimes we went three days without hearing something from them. So, I was comfortable working with their team but they should improve in their communication. As for the home, we had some small issues when we moved in, but the building manager is taking care of that right now. I also like the community. I have two little ones and the park and community is pretty good.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I like the warranty on everything for a new build house. I went to LGI Homes on a Sunday and looked at two houses. And within a half hour, I signed papers to buy the house. There weren't a lot of interactions but I probably talked to the loan department more than I did with the LGI rep. The guy in the loan department said there was some stupid thing on my credit and that was a pain in the butt. I had to go back and forth to the loan company. And then now, I'm a little ticked off because I've had a few things I wanted to take care of and I'm about to call them up to ask. The quality of the build is great but a little bit cheap on the fixtures. I'm still trying to figure out why I don't have towel bars in a brand new house. Nonetheless, I tell friends who ask about LGI where I'm looking at. And when it comes to buying a house, all about location and price have to be told.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We have been looking around and I feel that for $5000 or $6000, I could get a new home than an older home because they are about the same price right now. We were gonna decide to go with D.R. Horton but I didn’t like the locations where they were building at. I had a friend who got a house from LGI so we decided to go with them. Their rep was great. He was very upfront with everything. And the quality of the build was awesome, I like it. We also like the community because it’s quiet and it’s close to schools.

Original review: May 4, 2018

LGI Homes pay closing costs which would minimize my cost so I went with them. The home consultant was nice and very comfortable to talk to. However, we felt we got tricked because we’re still here in Florida and we still have to pay the rent where we are at right now. And we also have another $2,000 we have to pay to break our lease. So, we felt like if they had told us the truth we would have settled for a Tuesday move versus Monday. If they had just waited one day, they would have been able to spare us a payment. Nonetheless, we were treated with utmost respect and they were very nice to us.

We like the build of our house. We haven’t spent much time in it but we’d usually drive there on weekends and so far, so good. It would’ve been nice though if we had a club house already, because they have LGI Homes in Florida and they have club house, gyms, a community pool there. But this one only has a playground and a place to cook outside. But other than that, we like our community because it’s quiet and we’re happy with our house. I would still recommend them because their prices are cheaper in Georgia versus Florida.

LGI Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

LGI Homes has been building new home communities since 2002. Their goal is to provide the Southwestern and Southeastern United States with homes of great value and great prices. It also employs a team of home buying professionals to help new homebuyers through the process of buying a house. Customers can choose from multiple, modern floor plans and customization options.

• Home finder: LGI’s home finder feature lets visitors select a state, city and LGI development within each city to view available homes and floorplans. Each available home has an estimated monthly cost and visitors can call for a quote on new floorplans.

• LGI warranty: LGI offers a 10-year, structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most other components on their homes. Homeowners can submit a warranty service request online by logging into their site and filling out a request form.

• Active adult: LGI’s Active Adult communities are built around and within close proximity to a city's main features. Active Adult communities are nearby entertainment and sporting venues, airports, colleges and universities as well as golf courses, hiking and biking trails and tennis courts.

• Energy efficiency: LGI focuses on energy efficient homes, especially homes located in the hottest part of the United States. By using reliable products from insulation to heating and cooling systems, and energy efficient appliances, LGI Homes can reduce energy bills by up to 30 percent.

• Realtors: LGI Homes has built relationships with real estate professionals that know their floorplans and communities well, and can connect customers to one of their realtors based on the region they are interested in. Realtors can also keep interested buyers updated on promotions and special offers through email updates.

• Best for: interested homebuyers in the Southeastern and Southwestern United States.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

LGI Homes Company Information