Learn More

3.8/5 (274 ratings)

About LGI Homes

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

Pros

• Hires expert builders
  • Uses high-quality materials
  • Dozens of homes and floor plans

Cons

• Limited upgrade options
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

LGI Homes is a leader in the home construction industry. It creates luxury homes in vibrant communities in states all across the U.S.

Top LGI Homes Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The combination of the price, the builder incentives, and the amount of home that we were getting for the money led us to choosing LGI Homes … it just made so much more sense to g...

Verified

My friend bought a house from LGI Homes and referred me to them. I went over there and I talked to them. And they offered me a good plan to buy a house there. The rep was the grea...

LGI Homes floor plans

LGI Homes offers floor plans for every budget and need. Check out the following home designs to see which one is right for you.

CompleteHome

CompleteHome is LGI Home’s trademark home design. Every CompleteHome includes cutting-edge amenities and features that include:

• Whirlpool appliance packages
  • Granite or quartz countertops
  • Programmable thermostats
  • Finished garage
  • Professional front yard landscaping

Every house is designed with the modern home buyer in mind and has innovative features, straightforward pricing and popular upgrades to create a home that exceeds expectations in both form and function.

CompleteHome Plus

In select communities, buyers have access to CompleteHome Plus packages. This luxury upgrade features all of the amenities of the CompleteHome package plus:

• Stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator
  • Designer light fixtures
  • Two-tone interior paint package
  • Enhanced landscaping package

These extra touches add more value to your house and enhance the features of your new home.

Active Adult Communities

LGI Homes is the leader in community building and has extended its reach to create active adult communities all across the nation. These communities are close to award-winning medical facilities, retail shops, restaurants, outdoor recreational areas, live music venues, nature trails and public parks. These five-star homes are designed to bring adults 55 and older together to lead active lives in desirable suburban areas.

LGI Homes warranty

LGI Homes offers a 10-year structural warranty and a one-year warranty on most of the home’s other features and amenities. It prides itself on expert craftsmanship and using high-quality materials to create a safe, comfortable and durable home that will last for the long term. Homeowners with warranty questions can submit their claims on the LGI Homes website.

LGI Homes prices

LGI Homes range from $166,000 to $356,000. It often helps with closing costs. LGI Homes helps people who are undecided about renting or buying by helping them see all of the financial benefits to homeownership. With LGI Homes, you may qualify for no money down financing.

LGI Homes FAQ

What credit score is needed for LGI Homes?
Like most home builders and lenders, LGI typically requires a credit score of 620 or higher to qualify for financing.
Does LGI pay closing costs?
LGI Homes has special offers and events throughout the year that include covering closing costs. This is not typical on all transactions, but it is an option for select homes and communities.
How do LGI Homes work?
LGI Homes is a premium home builder. Buyers can browse the website for LGI Home communities in their area and speak to an expert to help find or design the home of their dreams.
Are LGI Homes good quality?
Yes. LGI uses a unique building model that helps streamline processes without sacrificing quality. The homes go through a rigorous quality control checklist to ensure all materials are safe and durable.
Does LGI Homes do rent-to-own?
No. LGI Homes builds homes for ownership only.

is LGI Homes legit?

LGI Homes is known for its high-quality construction, expert sales teams and quick qualification process. Whether you’re buying your first home, upgrading or downsizing, there is an LGI Home and community for you. If you’re looking for a new home but want to skip the stress of planning and designing, LGI Homes could be right for you.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

Brandon did a great job at the job that he does. However, I thought we were able to pick our lot at this location and pick house styles or a little bit more open than what it actually was. I wasn't informed of that until the end of the presentation. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt like I was at a timeshare all day. If he would have just told me that upfront, I would have been a lot better. It was his first day and I understand, he didn't want to scare off a sale. But, the first thing for me is just being honest with people. In our neighborhood, we have some really nice views of the metroplex. They release the homes only at certain times. That's one thing I had to find out at the end. The homes that were available were the first homes and down the bottom where they had no view.

It's a great quality home. There's just some cosmetic stuff that could have been done better. Some of my light switches looked like we let the rookie go and cut the hole in the sheetrock and the plates didn't even cover the hole. They also should do a better job of locking the homes, when they put doors on them. I had somebody steal my fridge, my oven and my microwave a week before we were supposed to close. Some of the drywall, there are also some imperfections. Sometimes there's a lot of vague things that go on there. If I'm seeing house repairs, I tell Brandon and it just doesn't seem like it goes anywhere. I don't know if that's him not reporting it to the contractor or they're just so busy. How LGI works, they just fix everything at the end.

I also don't know who picked the color scheme of the inside because it's a horrible color. I don't know why they would put beige walls with dark gray cabinets and gray and white granite and gray floors. Everything looks good but the wall. It just needed to be a light gray color. We had to change it before we even move in. It was unacceptable for my wife. She did not like it at all. Even the contractors that were out there, once they came back in after they painted it, they were like, "Oh, wow. This looks a lot better than what we're restricted to do." But I'm really happy with the final result. I would still recommend LGI.

LGI Homes response

Hi Cody, thanks for your review! For any items that need to be fixed in your home, please be sure you submit warranty claims through our online portal. We appreciate your feedback about your experience and are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new home.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I was a little disappointed to see that I had to pay more for my house than someone who had initially started the process a year ago for the same deals or model or the houses beside mine that were a little larger who paid about the same as what I had to pay. That was the only thing that I didn't like, but I don't think that was an LGI problem.

Other than that, the purchase process seemed to be easy with them. I went with their lender, due to them offering to cover closing costs if I went through their lender, and that was a pretty smooth process. Initially, I was given a closing day that seemed to have changed. They told me I was gonna close and there was kind of a little bit back and forth. They were unsure as far as what the construction would look like toward the end and that's why they pushed it out. But I ended up closing on the same week as the original date.

Then there were some concerns. We did a walk-through the day before the day of my closing date and there were some things that needed to be repaired. From my knowledge, the walk-through should occur a week before just to give more time for repairs. On the day of my closing, those repairs were still being completed and as I was doing my home orientation, there were still some things that they were in the midst of doing.

In the last experience that I've had with them, my mom did some research on LGI and found that this was something that was complained about across the board. She was concerned that they aren’t on top of doing some of the repairs upfront and in fear that if they didn't do it before I closed, that maybe they will be prolonged. But once we expressed our concerns and by the time I came back from the closing, I got my keys and they had come through and fixed everything. Also, they were pretty pleasant. I got my calls weekly, in regards to updates and things. It’s a decent experience.

LGI Homes response

Hi Imani, thank you for the review! Prices increase for several reasons and currently one of the driving factors has been increased costs of materials. We understand it can be frustrating, but it is a large part of why we believe that now is always the bet time to buy! We are glad that the closing process went smoothly and that the repairs were all taken care of in a timeline manner. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I was looking for a home. Most of the homes were already sold out and I couldn't get into them. When I spoke to LGI, there happened to be some available homes that were for sale and the main key was the build-out time. They guaranteed a 60-day build-out. I really liked the single-story family flooring that they have. It's very simple and there are a lot of things that are included that other builders don't have such as granite. I also like the lot size and the area that it's located in.

The rep was great. At first, there was a couple of them, and then I just started working with one particular one. He was always there anytime I needed to give him a call. He was very professional and answered my calls within a decent amount of time. If I have any questions or issues, I just give Mike a call and he points me in the right direction. It was just a great experience and I enjoyed it.

The build is nice. There are a few things that stand out though. There aren't any gutters and just the way that when it rains, just trying to come in through the front door, you get pretty much rained on. It would have been nice to just have some type of gutter system that's over there. The other thing too was I'm very surprised that there isn't an irrigation system that came with the lawns. I'm manually just watering the lawns.

In addition to that, you definitely see a lot of the homes in the community that their lawns are dead, for whatever reason, just a lack of watering. If there was just an irrigation system and be just easy just to set it on automatic, that would alleviate the problem. But I'm definitely satisfied. Just the quality of the home and especially like a first time buyer, it gives all the amenities that I could possibly need and want.

LGI Homes response

Hi Duane, thank you for the review! We are glad that we could provide a home in the timeline you were looking for and are happy to hear that you are enjoying it. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 25, 2021

I've been looking around for rental properties, and the housing market down here is so competitive. I was supposed to have been here last year, but because the whole COVID pandemic kicked off, I got stuck overseas. I was looking at used, but ended up looking at new builds because I was able to use my VA loan. For the most part, it was more advantageous for me to use that and get into a new home because of the closeouts, and LGI covered those out for us. The value of the house went up after we looked at it again, but overall, it was still a good experience because they met us halfway. It went up 4,900. They paid 3,900, and I paid 1,900 out of pocket.

This is my wife and I’s first time buying a new home, and when we were sold on the house and were just waiting for the closeout, we stopped in to get a couple quotes and measurements here and there. We knew that we were going to be able to close on the house, because everything finally got approved. We had come to the house and we made comments. There were a couple of things that weren't quite finished or looked out of place. The only thing that was concerning to us as new homeowners (and as a couple) was that the closer we got to the closeout date, even though we brought these little details to Amber's attention, it was the last week when they finally got taken care of. It could have been done within a more timely manner.

We were like, “Are we going to move into the home and things are still going to need to be fixed?” Amber reassured us that everything that we looked at that was deficient in the home was going to get fixed. We were going to get it in writing. But usually, when anyone thinks of a new home, they don't have to worry about that, especially when you're getting it within a week of closing. Now, needless to say, everything that we annotated was fixed before we moved into the house. But when we moved into the house, with that much of a time crunch and moving out of state, it was a bit of added stress that I felt was unnecessary.

I know there's a lot going on though, especially in this new neighborhood. We’re in a cul-de-sac. I have already referred a friend of mine to consult with LGI and look into doing business with them. He's also in the military, and he's on orders. He's going to be moving into the area in October. I gave him Amber's information and my Realtor’s information already. Because he's already looking in the area.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ivan, thank you for the review! We understand the stress you experienced as closing neared, but are glad that everything was taken care of. We appreciate you referring your friend and hope to help him!

Original review: April 5, 2021

My agent said that LGI had some new houses somewhere. So, she went and set up an appointment. Then, I went and looked up the plan. I liked it, then I came back and made my 1,000 deposit. The rep I worked was Chad and he was very nice and friendly. He went through all the stuff and tried to explain everything to me on the first day. He went through all the details like the technical detail about the soil quality and the testing. He took a long time because it was at night and he was trying to explain to me before I rushed and signed the paper.

But he made sure I understood before I signed it and I liked that. It was my first home and there were a lot of stuff I didn’t understand very well. He was very professional and he knew what he was talking about. He also knew the market and somehow gave me an overview of the market to make a decision. The price would keep going up and that was true. So now, when I look at the house, I see that the price has gone higher. The home is also good but I don't like my cabinets in the kitchen. They’re very light and falling off. The wood is not real wood and I'm trying to see how to fix them. I tried to glue them, but they're not gluing back. Other than that, it's a good community. I talked to my neighbor a couple of times and he’s very nice. All in all, I'm very satisfied and I like the home. I was worried about the water pressure but the shower is really good. There's a park behind my house, so that's pretty nice as well.

LGI Homes response

Thank you for the review! Our goal is to provide every person with all the information they need to feel confident in making their decision, and we are excited that you appreciated that part of the process. We're extremely surprised to hear that your cabinets are falling - this is certainly not our typical experience. If you haven't already, please be sure to file a warranty claim through our online portal so we can investigate and get this fixed for you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Our experience with LGI Homes started off great. We spoke with our sales guy and fell in love with what is our soon to be home. This was just about a year ago. Our house has not been built yet and there is zero communication unless we we reach out to our sales guy for an update. I understand that there are setbacks that cannot be controlled, however, our closing date has been moved about 8 times. Our lease was up at the end of 2021 and at that time we were told that our closing date would be a month after our lease ended. We didn't renew our lease because it don't make sense to if we would close a month later. A family member graciously let us stay with her until we close but she is selling her home so our living situation isn't ideal. I would appreciate more communication and honesty about the setbacks and updates about what is going on. We signed contracts end of March 2021 and we don't even have the concrete slab down.

LGI Homes response

Hi Amanda, we appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you felt there was a lack of communication. We expect our team members to contact you weekly with status updates on your home. We understand that the timeline is longer than we typically provide and we appreciate your patience as we work to complete your home through the supply chain shortages. We have provided your feedback to management and someone will be reaching out.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Ayo was a really good salesperson and did a pretty good job of showing the home. He was really hands-on and friendly. There's still a couple of things that need to be done, though. One of the big things I was worried about was a lot of standing water in the back. There was a lot of snow on the ground when I was shown the house when I signed and when it melted - plus it was raining - it didn't seem to drain away really fast. But when I went out there today, there's no standing water anymore. It drains fine but I was a little concerned about that. But I've already talked to a landscaper and I'm not gonna wait for LGI Homes to get it done. Also, it would have been nice if there's finish grading in the backyard, especially when you know somebody's paying over $540,000 for a three-bedroom rambler.

Other than those, they're gonna take care of the rest of the stuff and as of this moment, I believe they will be true to their word. There's a pretty good crack in one of the doors and they're talking about sending some guy over to buff it out, sand it, and then repaint it. It felt like it's a good home. I'm looking for a house that's going to be good enough to take care of my mom in the meantime and this is exactly what I'm looking for. It's not too much. When she gets to the point where I am bringing in a hospital bed and if a caregiver becomes live-in, I've got rooms for those.

LGI Homes response

Hi Trent, thanks for the review and we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with your New Home Consultant and like the layout of your new home. If you have any outstanding warranty items that need attention, please submit them to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

LGI offered what I was looking for in terms of the number of bedrooms and total square footage. The process was cool but the quality of the home is probably a little less than the quality of the home that I've had previously.

LGI Homes response

Hi Na'Im, thanks for the review! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We were moving to the area and LGI was available for us. We got a home that was within our price range and we were pretty satisfied with the general layout of the house because it was all one level. We've always had two stories in the past so a single-level home was nice for a change. It's just that we're military and we had to buy the place virtually. There were discrepancies in the home that we called out over the video like the trim on the bottom, a chunk missing out of the baseboard, caulking done around the tub, and missing shutters on a window.

When we arrived, there were other things that had not been completed, like caulking on the backsplash in the kitchen counter, there was another baseboard that was missing a chunk out of it, a damaged door handle, the garbage disposal wasn't working in the sink, and then there were missing bolts in the shower drain. There was no caulking around the one part of the shower as well. Then around one of the registers in the ceiling was missing paint. Also, it looked like the router had cut through some of the drywall. There's also reverse electrical work in the attic where a switch turns on and off an outlet, and the light that's also wired to the same box is always on instead when in reality, the outlet should always be on.

LGI's already aware of it, and I have it scheduled to be fixed. The landscape and the gaze around here are on point. But it's a bunch of little things which is killing them. If you want to deal with this company, you have to see things for yourself or hire an inspector to look at all the things 'cause there's a lot of small little things that could have been avoided.

LGI Homes response

Hi Bryan, we are sorry to hear you have been having issues with your new home. Our homes are built to the highest quality standards; however, we do recognize that with new construction occasionally repairs will need to be made which is why it is backed by an industry leading warranty. If any items have not been addressed by our team yet, please submit them through the online warranty portal. We are happy to hear you enjoy the layout of your new home and hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I like my new LGI home. It's well built. I like the design too. I also like the rep. He was great to work with. He kept me updated every Thursday. He would call me and tell me what was going on, so I always knew what was up. They still need to come and fix the doors in the house though. Most of them don't close and they put the bathroom door in the master bedroom backwards. The lock's on the outside of the bathroom. Also, instead of putting blinds in one room, put them in all of them.

LGI Homes response

Hi Peter, thank you for the review! If you have any outstanding warranty items, please submit them to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. We appreciate your feedback and congratulations on your new home.

LGI Homes Company Information