4.44/5
  • 1 star
Based on 358 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

364 LGI Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

LGI constructs friendly homes like the ones we really like. We also really like the layout and the area. The LGI representatives were very helpful and were always available for any questions at any time. We made the home purchase a month ago and LGI built the home fast and easy. By the time the house was done, it was ready for a move-in and the quality has been good so far. We got good service from LGI and we're very satisfied with everything at the moment.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

LGI Homes sent a flyer in the mail then we called and checked them out. The home was already built when we took a look at it and we made our purchase last November 3. The sales reps were very nice and friendly. They went over everything to make sure we understood it. However, the process of buying was a little stressful. We had to keep going back and forth with different stuff. Other than that, it was easy as long as you have the stuff in order. Before we signed and walked to the house, the rep explained all the appliances and amenities to settle. And once we got our keys, everything was an easy process.

The quality of the built of the house is nice and we love it, but it didn't have a doorbell or a peephole and a power strip for the garage so we can get a garage door opener. They're supposed to fix a few things that we had put on a list. We call and keep in touch with them whenever we need different things. And we just wait when we get something done that we felt that needed to be fixed. But the home is a lot better than staying in an apartment because we have our own parking spaces. We have no neighbors yet so it's a really nice and quiet area. Plus, the amenities are good. Overall, it was a fast and convenient experience with LGI Homes.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

LGI Homes is new. They are building and constructing. I read up on them and it was good. They offered no money down so I decided that I would try them. If I was approved, I’d gotten that way but if not, then I’d try with another. I signed up with them on the 30th of November. The sales rep was awesome, very professional and very understanding. The house was in the process of being built, so it was a brand new home. Everything was there. It had all the appliances and I like the quality of the house. They have that new innovation with the pest control and I’m very happy with it.

The gentleman who did the walk-in stuff was very good and he explained it in-depth. He also explained what the house entails and how everything works. I like the community I live in as well. I referred LGI Homes to others wherein one of my friends bought a house from them. The whole experience was smooth and I was very pleased with that. Even though I had my own doubts, everything fell together in place just the way it was supposed to.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

A friend requested that I purchase a pre-built new home from LGI Homes. We came out to LGI and looked at the home. We liked it and decided to go with LGI because they were so friendly and were exactly what we were looking for. I’ve had a very positive interaction with the sales rep. The home was spectacular and I couldn't ask for any better. I got it a month ago and it’s been very good.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I made my purchase last month with LGI Homes. The house was cute but had a lot of issues. It needs more light for safety reasons because when I go outside in the back its pitch-dark. I called the office and let them know. They've been in it and they're coming out. My interaction with the sales rep was pretty nice but they can improve their communication. They need to be responsive to their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We wanted a smaller type house and LGI Homes has been building them in the area where we wanted to build. My wife has wanted to live in that area four years ago but there was another builder building there then. Now, we had purchased a prebuilt home from LGI a month ago and had a great dealing with their sales rep. She was very friendly, helpful, attentive and had gone the extra mile to do things for us every step of the way. We had to take care of some things to get a loan, but everything went smoothly during the purchase process. The quality of the build of the home is good so far. We came from a fifth wheeler and living in our new home made our lives so much better. We’re very happy with the house, the property and we like the new community we live in. We loved the experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The process was good and easy with LGI Homes. Their sales representative was very informative and helpful. But I had difficulty with the loan operator that they use. I had a hard time getting information out of her and she wasn't very responsive. Like my closing date was one day and then it ended up being closed for two weeks after that time. Things weren't really communicated to me properly. It was a big purchase and I wanted to know what's going on with every step of the way and it just was real difficult to speak with her. My mom also purchased a house and while she was going through the process the loan operator just wasn't very responsive and informative when things weren't going right so in the end she backed out.

After realizing that the loan operator wasn't the easiest to communicate with I did a lot of my communication with my sales rep who was like a mediator between her and me. And my sales rep was amazing. I started out with building a home and then I wanted a different floor model. There wasn't an option to customize from what I was told. But there was one that is already built with the floor model I wanted and that's the one I got. The way they build homes in Florida is a little different. They don't have a formal dining-type, which is something that they do. But besides that the house is great and so is its quality. I have no complaints so far and there's a great community in my location. The neighborhood is nice and my family and I are enjoying the home. I had a great experience with LGI Homes in general.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We bought a pre-built home from LGI and so far, we're really happy with everything. We really like the location, and we liked the way the houses looked and how energy-efficient they were. I love the area. It has a park and it's convenient to everything. I love everybody in the community. We have two little girls and we definitely see that they're happier. They have more space to run around and they're looking forward to getting a dog soon. We really liked Jonathan, the LGI rep who helped us. We were shocked at how easy he made everything for us. He answered all of our questions and every time I called him, he was always available. He was awesome. And I refer everybody that's looking for a house to him.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I bought a prebuilt home from LGI Homes less than 30 days ago and the location and cleanliness of the community made me go with them over other home builders. I had a good dealing with their sales reps and they knew what they were supposed to say. The guys at their office answered any questions I had and they let me bug them as much as possible. The process of buying our home was quick. We’ve been in here less than 7 days and everything seems nice.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We bought a pre-built new home from LGI Homes. We had Fred walk us through the process because it was our first time and he had kept us in the loop on everything that was going on. They weren’t closing a week early even with the hurricane. They did not do any customizations to the home since it's how they keep their cost down. So, we’re customizing and we’re doing tile backsplashes and other stuff, which has added a lot more trips to Home Depot.

There are some areas that could have been improved. Most of the issues that we’ve seen are with the drywall work. Also, our back door wasn’t hung right, so it wouldn’t close right but they came and fixed it. And then, they didn’t put the sensor back in the door for the alarms. So we had to wait for somebody else to come out to put the sensor in, and in order to put the sensor back in, they had to cut into the sheetrock and we’re also waiting for somebody to come out and do it. But other than those, the community seems fine and it’s very quiet out here.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

About a month ago, we purchased a prebuilt new home from LGI Homes and Casey was the person who helped us. We came in just looking for information and he was our sales guy from the beginning and all the way through the end, and his approach was very good. He knew when to press forward and when to ease up. He was also very knowledgeable and helpful so it was overall a good experience. My wife and I have good credit so maybe that’s part of the reason and our buying experience was very smooth from the beginning to the end. It was also easy, convenient and pleasant. We’re also content with the quality of the build of the house. I also like the community and we're satisfied with the amenities offered.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I’ve seen LGI Homes’ promotion on the internet, and since I was looking for a home, I stopped by. At first, I dealt with Jorge, but he had another family that he was attending to, which was fine, so he introduced me to Fred. Fred helped me out so much. I had a little bump on the road when I had to pay some stuff off, but the people at LGI Homes said it was okay because I already did the process and I passed. It was then time to just relax, and everything was fine. I made my purchase last week and I’m already in my prebuilt home that's very spacious. The quality of the build was very nice and I like the rooms. I’m the first homeowner in the community so it’s quiet up here. I’m in Texas, and I told my friends that even if they don’t have a good credit score, or if they were affected by Hurricane Harvey, LGI Homes can still help them fast. It was really a good experience with LGI Homes.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I needed a home immediately and LGI Homes had one. The application went September 23rd and we closed it on October 23rd. It was easier than my previous two experiences. The sales agent was responsive. But the workmanship on the roof was horrible. So after I closed I hired an inspection and checked that the roof is in a very horrible shape. They had used damaged shingles. Right now we are still in the process of resolving the issue with LGI.

They told me that they would repair it and they will send pictures. Other than that the community is very nice. While it is very secluded it's very close to all the shopping area, which is a plus for me. It also has a small park within the community. Those are the good things. But they should partner with a better loan people because the rate I got was high. The only reason I chose the loan company I got is because LGI said that they would pay all my closing costs. But I found a much better rate outside.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We purchased a prebuilt home from LGI, and it was a great experience. They were affordable and willing to work with us. Their sales reps were great. I liked that they were friendly, courteous and willing to go out of their way for us. Although the quality of the build is good, I wished I had some more options like if I wanted not to have the carpet. Other than that, the community that I live in and its amenities are nice. I am more relaxed living in this new LGI home.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

When my wife and I were driving around the neighborhood, we saw one of LGI Homes' signs. We then purchased our house last Friday and my wife has moved in now. We liked the house and how it looks especially the master bedroom and the restroom. The community is quiet and nice as well. Also, the rep was good. He took care of us. Everything's been good. I know a few friends looking for a home and we have recommended LGI Homes to them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

LGI Construction Managers is not overseeing their homes. I did my final walk through and notice a lot of cover-up work in the home. When I got there the house was dirty. Trash on the kitchen counter, people still painting and caulking. A lot of cracks on every door frame, holes in the walls, ceilings need repairs, my guest bathroom ceiling look like it was push in from the seam, and the CM said it is nothing really he can do about that but he will make it look better lol.

He said the reason was the Sheetrock wasn't place right from the beginning when they frame the house. Crack baseboards, Crack doors, screws sticking out in the cabinet because they were too long etc... It was just a mess! This did not look like a new built house. The outside sod was put down without doing the dirt properly so it look a mess front and back. The landscape was terrible. My garage door handle was upside down, which I told them about 3 weeks prior. The main circuit breaker is outside the house. My mailbox is a community mailbox and I have a big green electrical box sitting in the front yard and a big hole in the grass.

He said, "Oh we owe you a tree" lol. For 244,000.00 house this house should have been built better and not just do cover-up work only. I will not be closing on this house. If I don't get my earnest money back of 1,000.00 then that is cool too. I rather lose 1,000.00 than lose 244,000.00 on something I'm not going to be satisfied with. I wish they had told me how the layout on the outside was going to be, but they didn't. I will look somewhere else. I know no house is perfect, but come on.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We’ve been working on purchasing a built home since October and it finally went through on the 30th. Our sales rep Monica was awesome and the loan company was really on it. We needed them to make a rush for it because we had to be out of our apartment by the 29th so the loan company, Monica and the entire group really put together as fast as they could to get us into our home. It took them about 30 days to get us into our house. It was a couple of days later than what we needed but it was miraculous that they could get it done that fast.

The house is perfect. 10 years ago, we looked at a house that was similar however, the house was in Litchfield, and the yard was a lot smaller. The houses were also placed a lot closer together. But the house that we bought from LGI Homes is the exact house that we wanted. It has the exact same layout as the other one. It has a master downstairs and the rest of the rooms and everything upstairs. It’s gigantic and like a mini-mansion. The house is amazing and the quality is good. There have been a few little mishaps here and there, but it's a brand-new home that no one’s ever lived in and no one’s ever done anything to.

The community is nice and I like it. We met a bunch of our neighbors on Halloween since we moved in a day before and that was a pretty nice thing. I’ve met a few people who don’t lock their doors at night, as well as their cars. A friend of mine who lives in the same neighborhood was lending me his truck and he just left his keys in the truck so I can borrow it later. So, I’m confident that the neighborhood is safe and secure. I had quick friends out here and the people are great. I would definitely recommend LGI Homes to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

It has been a month since I purchased a pre-built home from LGI Homes. Their sales representative was straight to the point. And he knew what he was talking about. The home buying process was easy and while it is still a growing community and houses are still being built, the quality of the homes is nice. Overall, we saw the people at LGI were professional about their job. They kept on top of everything and they kept me a buzz on what's going on. The closing went fine and whatever they say, they could do on time. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

LGI was great to work with and very understanding. We were looking at the location of the house and we liked the house. We were also looking for a three-bedroom, two-bath house and it's the perfect size for us. The sales rep was very energetic, honest and explained everything. We closed on a Thursday then moved in on Sunday. We like the appliances in the house. We also love the open concept of the house and the quality is wonderful. We’ve had some friends over and they love our house. Plus, the community is nice and very quiet, which is something that we love and it reminded us of home in upper North Georgia.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The area of LGI Homes seemed to be growing. In addition, my uncle and I like being close to the city but far enough away that we can see the sky and there's not very much pollution. So, we bought a pre-built house from them. I worked with their sales rep, Monica, who was very delightful. She was always positive and good to be around. The process of buying our home was fairly easy on our side. We submitted the purchase on Friday of last week.

Everything's cool with the quality of the build. By the time we were in the process of getting the house, it was pretty much already done and past the point of transformation. The only thing we needed were some minor fixtures, but we were happy without these anyway, as I'm not picky on stuff like that. Also, the size isn't too big. Plus, it would have been nice if we had an easier chance to have the garage door installed before we were finished with everything, but that's no problem.

We're moved into our new house. It's great and a big improvement over my old place. The only downside is that there's still a lot to be worked on. Overall, though, I enjoyed the entire thing. Every time I went to LGI, the people there were upbeat and happy to see me, even though it seemed like I was bugging them. Everybody I dealt with at LGI was nice to me and I didn’t have any problem.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

LGI Homes built a house and we went over there and chose the one we needed. The school is close to the house, and we like everybody in the neighborhood. It was our first time getting a house and their rep worked with me and helped me with all the paperwork and the price. However, I would have appreciated it if they helped me get into the house with zero downpayment.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I purchased my home a week ago from LGI Homes. I went with the company for the program they offered with the thousand down and more financial reasons. The process was fast and efficient and overall good. Their sales rep was friendly, polite, very informative, and she tried her best to get me into a home. The home that I bought was already built as a spec home. The quality of the build is good and the community is great. I've already settled in and I have a dog and a yard now. Overall, it makes life more comfortable.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We've only been in America for two years and we are first-time home buyers. When we spoke to our friends who had bought houses earlier, it looked so complicated and impossible. But the process at LGI Homes amazed us and we were done in 30 days. It was fast and not as complicated as people had made it look. I dealt with the manager Jim and he was excellent. He had good communication skills and he met our expectations. He addressed our concerns very well and with respect. He was also very efficient, displacing everything with the loan people. We liked the way they handled us and how we were explained to.

I chose LGI Homes because I found a school that I wanted to put my kids in. It's also important for us to be in a community where we feel it's safe for our kids. With LGI Homes, the community looks decent and its security is good. We are comfortable with having our kids here and we like the people around too. It's been two weeks now since we purchased our pre-built new home and we look forward to coming home every other day. When we come home, we just want to be at home and we are happy right here. We like everything about the house. The build is of good quality and when there was something that we had to call for help for, LGI Homes addressed it quickly as soon as we called. We also liked the price and number of rooms that we have. The size is good for us and we're comfortable.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I'm very dissatisfied with LGI and would not recommend them to a friend because it will be embarrassing. I chose them because it was a gated community and their sales rep was good. He walked us through the process and helped us with our credit getting taken care of. I would want to commend him but he told me dreams which did not come true. The overall built of the house was very poor rushed. We were also told that doing any sort of customization to it was not an option.

We were supposed to move in this past Sunday but weren’t able to because there was so much wrong with the house. But we had no choice but to move into it as it was. The kitchen cabinets, tub and floor were damaged, the paint was scuffed up, the sheetrock was scratched up and the shower was rusted. Today, I’m still having people come out to make repairs. There was a guy that came for the sheetrock issue, but I have not seen anybody from the tub company to come and fix it. And I still can’t use my shower. Then there was a guy who came out and looked at the cabinets. He said that they’d be replaced but I haven't heard from him again.

Also, we were misled about the internet. I work from home and the salesperson told me that the home will come with the availability of using Comcast or AT&T which isn’t true. My house does not have either or. So I had to go out and find internet and I haven’t been able to work due to that problem. In addition, the security gate is always open in the front. I understand that in the back of the neighborhood, there’s going to be construction so the gates need to be opened. But, the security guard is never there.

We moved to this community because we were having safety issues and it’s not at all what was described. The HOA is poorly keeping up the property, the grass gets high and it’s not as pretty as it seemed when we were walking the home buying process. It’s very disappointing. I'm only a couple of days into this house and so far, the whole experience has been hard and difficult. To be in a new home that looks like crap when you get in is ridiculous. If I could get out of this house, I probably would take my money and go somewhere else.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We were referred to LGI Homes and I met with Victor. He was really friendly and very helpful. He was a very nice guy. Everything was pretty smooth. We started the purchase of a brand-new home around June and we just closed two weeks ago. The process was very long and tedious. When I went to see the new home, we changed properties and ended up getting another home because the one they showed me wasn't the one they built for me. And that change of property delayed the process for about two months. The home looks good, and the community seems good as well. Everybody's quiet and I haven't seen any trouble. However, telephone service is really bad. It's far away and my commute got longer. It's a little out of the way. I also researched after the fact and we were pretty much overcharged for the property, and I didn't like that, as well as the paperwork and the month of back and forth-ness. I felt that the consumer wasn't the main priority in this transaction.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ramon,

Congratulations on becoming a homeowner! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience throughout the buying process, you like the look of the home and you feel safe in your community.

We wish you the best of luck on this new chapter (and we hope your commute gets better)!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

The area where LGI Homes was at was close to where my family lives. We heard they were building houses, so we stopped by and talked to them, and we ended up buying from them. Their rep, Nick, was fantastic. He was always very helpful and polite. Every time I called him, if he didn't answer, he would always return my call as soon as he could. He was a good salesman. He always had a positive attitude, even though we had some bumps along the way, he always kept my spirits up, as well as my family's spirits up on purchasing the home.

We bought a pre-built house and it was a little bit difficult because my wife is from Panama and we had to get information from her former employment. We were able to get it done, though. We would've been able to close on time on our closing date, but, at that time, my wife was in Panama, and she had to get the papers notarized by the U.S. Embassy. But over there, the notary costs $50 dollars per stamp, so it was going to be $600. We couldn't pay that, so we had to postpone the closing.

We just closed yesterday. When we were moving, though, the plumbing was having some issues because the toilet wouldn't flush, and whenever we were taking a shower, the overflow pipes outside were all spitting out water. So, I had to call them to fix it. They said they would be able to go today, between 3 and 5 pm. The community looks pretty nice. They told me that they're going to be building a park right in front of my house, so that's good. I'm still getting used to waking up in a big house but it's really nice. My kids love it. We're happy. If I have somebody who's looking for purchasing a home, I'd recommend LGI.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The location of the LGI Homes project was convenient for me and so I made my purchase a month ago. It's a new project but it was not a custom home. They already have the models for those homes, so I chose one. They just started building the houses there and have about 10 to 15 houses that have been sold. The overall quality of the house is good. There were some issues in the beginning, but they are taking care of them and so far it’s been great. The interaction with the sales rep was a very good experience.

The way that they do things right now is that the owner gets to do a walkthrough. We call it an owner orientation on the same day as the closing day and I knew that was going to trigger many issues since the owner should get a chance to walk the property and generate a punch list for them to take care of those issues before actually signing for the house to do a closing. That was where things went wrong with me. We signed on the same day. There were different issues that if we could’ve been there at least a week before, those issues would’ve been taken care of at the time of signing. But other than that, the overall experience with the paperwork, buying and choosing the house was good. I like the house and I’m glad I chose LGI Homes.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

When we walked in to LGI Homes, everything fell in to place. We bought a newly-constructed home on the 30th of last month and the purchasing process was very easy. The house was already built and we closed in 30 days. In terms of the quality of the build, everything's been great. We had a hurricane come in before closing and it rolled a couple of shingles, which they replaced within a couple of days, but everything has been perfect. Living here has been great and it’s way better than an apartment. Our experience was flawless, painless and quick.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We bought a spec house from LGI Homes and so far, the quality is good. We went with them because of the way they build its concept. Their process was also nice and smooth, and their sales reps were good. We’ve been in our house for about two weeks and it’s still a new community that’s being built.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

There are other builders in different areas, but we think the builder for LGI is good, and we wanted somebody we could trust and somebody that we know would have a good reputation in building. I just closed about a week and a half ago, and the reps were great people. They're always willing to help and assist you with everything that you need. I couldn't have done it without them. Victor is a top-notch salesman. He's very attentive and he gives a lot of information that he can share. If you have any questions about the housing or the process, and how long it's taking, he knows and he can give it to you right away. If he doesn't know it, he'll go and get it for me.

I liked the house that I bought. I saw it, and it was beautiful. It was just everything that I needed. It's top quality and it's very well built. Everything's very sturdy and I went through an inspection with this gentleman that works for LGI as ordered. He took me through a tour of the house and explained everything. Even things that I didn't know about it. This house is just more than I expected. I love spending time in my home. It's very comfortable and makes me feel very at ease in my home. It's just very relaxing.

LGI Homes Company Information