1.58/5
Based on 65 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Columbus, Ohio

65 M/I Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We purchased our second M/I home a year ago. It was an inventory home in a beautiful Florida neighborhood. It was stressful from the moment we put our down payment on it. The finance contact quit and our paperwork sat. No communication until they notified us of a closing date. We didn't even know what our approval status was. They threatened us with our down payment. We finally got them to choose a date that worked for everyone. The customer care checkpoints came late or not at all. We had to chase them down for the massive list of things that were wrong. Calling headquarters begging for help.

We ultimately had to threaten legal counsel in order to get them to fix items. We even paid for an inspection because we didn't trust the year end of customer care. They are complacent and don't care. Their emails to me were rude and hostile. We still have items untouched and they refuse any further work even though they were notified prior to the year end.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Building contractors for M/I Homes did not seal the pipe correctly coming from the roof into my attic. The water was coming through a slight hole and leaked in my attic. It came through my drywall and leaked from the ceiling into my bedroom. It’s been three years since I closed on my house and when I called the current M/I roofing contractors, the lady automatically tried to say I wasn’t doing my two year corking maintenance for my roof. How could one automatically assume where the water leak is from without anyone looking at it first? Said it cost me $325 charge off the top.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Don't buy a house from M/I. We have purchased 7 new houses over the years and never had any problems with them except with the MI deal. They failed to tell us about a sewerage processing plant within nose shot of a property and then refused to refund out $7,000 deposit saying "well you should have known that it was there". But it was covered by a hill and vegetation. Well it's up to you to know. Crooked **. Be warned. You will be cheated!

Original review: June 15, 2018

We moved in on Jan 11, 2012 and I have been working on my home since then. Wall paint on the ceilings, ceiling paint on the walls. Paint popping over nails and plug outlet boxes with much construction material inside. Caulk around windows outside is on window in places and on brick in places mostly NOT sealing as necessary. So far I have removed 28 wheelbarrow loads of rocks and large stones where grass would not grow and am only two thirds done. About ten stones I could almost not lift to get into the wheelbarrow. The aluminum on the front porch was incorrectly installed - lower aluminum was over the upper and letting rain water enter to cause damage plus much more. Their service and repair work is pathetic. They're ignoring required repairs, failure to talk to me or even email.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We purchased a new townhome in a community that is still being built. M/I Homes followed thru with everything they promised. The salesman was professional and knowledgeable. Our home was done on time, and the building supervisor spent hours with us showing us the workings of our new home. Everything on our walk thru list was completed before we closed and the home was left clean and shining. We had an issue with light coming in at the front door and it was corrected within the hour! Our experience has been fantastic and we recommend M/I to everyone we know who is looking for a new home. They are a fantastic builder who really cares.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about M/I Homes?

Original review: May 21, 2018

As I was trying to purchase a home in San Antonio from M/I Homes we used their office to get approved for the loan. Ringo the loan officer after he got all my paperwork confirmed that we are approved. After we gave them earnest money then he stated we are not approved for the house. On the top of that I put my house for sale after he said that we were approved. Now I am asking for my earnest back and Alfred the guy who basically in the subdivision office is saying, "I HOPE they will give you back the refund." This is not how you do business and I am very disappointed how loan officers told us we are approved then he stated, "You are not."

Original review: May 3, 2018

We purchased a house in July 2017. Since moving in we have experienced numerous nail pops in the walls, visible seams in the sheetrock are now appearing, the upstairs floors creak with every footstep and the overall quality of the trim work and painting is pathetic. The trim has multiple dings and dents that were just slopped over with paint, and there are numerous paint drips and runs. M/I says this is all just cosmetic, and they don't fix cosmetic issues. I guess they would rather let the poor craftsmanship speak for itself. Outside several plants have died, and we get ignored when we try to contact M/I (they are supposedly under warranty for a year, and it's not been a year since we moved in). So much for the warranty. Obviously these people do not care. I would recommend everyone STAY AWAY from M/I Homes. Buying this house was a big mistake.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I closed on a new home from M/I Homes in March 2017. The home is a reflection of what poor workmanship looks like. The trim pieces on the exterior of the breakfast bay have huge gaps in them. After complaining to M/I they still haven't done anything about it. When I compare this to other homes the trim pieces do not have gaps. M/I does not even respond to my emails.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

M/I Homes is by far the worst builder, 3 years of living in a community in Florida and they still have not finished the development. They bait and switched from what it would look like in pictures to what it end up looking like. I will never buy an M/I home and I would recommend that nobody buy one. If you look at their reviews they rate 1.5 stars. That is pathetic. Stay far away from M/I Homes.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Bought a new home in March 2003 and windows are ripping off. Siding has no Tyvek installed as told to me by a Handyman. M/I Homes has not returned my calls. I have to now spend a lot of money to change the windows.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We have lived in our M/I Home for a little over 6 months and we could not be more pleased with the craftsmanship of our home. The design and livability of our home is everything we wanted. Scott was the main reason we decided to build with M/I. He was extremely easy to work with and he made this typically stressful process fun for us. During the construction process Drew was also very helpful and answered all of our questions quickly. Even after closing both Scott and Drew checked up on us to make sure we was going well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Had water issue when home purchased in 2004. After a year failed attempts to fix, French drains were I stalled. I come to find that drains were improperly installed. Causing mold and now a costly repair. M/I Homes refuses responsibility. 14 year old home now needs major repair due to M/I Homes incompetent crews. Never buy a house from these people. Several homes in Huntersville NC Birkdale community required family moving out for several months while structural repairs were made.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Chose MI Homes to build my home and moved in May 2017. This is one of five homes I've owned, and the first built by MI. I have had issues since day one. The finishes are cheap, my previous house was built by Pulte, almost 100 thousand less and had more upgrades. I chose quartz for my countertops and island only to find out quartz isn't available in the width of the island shown in the model home and the main reason I chose house. I wasn't notified of this therefore there is an unsightly seam in the island, the main feature of the house and seen upon entering. I was offered to "mix" a black island top with my white and gray countertops to resolve the problem.

Upon move in, the garage door wasn't functioning and after being serviced five times it was repaired. Although most of the problems are addressed and corrected quickly it has been a major inconvenience and disruption. Four days out of my home plus a 5th that I was a prisoner in my bedroom while the entire ceiling was recaulked and painted. After 7 months of living in house, the crown molding is showing cracks and caulking separating from ceiling. 4 bathroom tiles have cracked, there is condensation dripping into attic, the entire wood floor in foyer, living room and kitchen/dining room came up and had to be replaced.

The door from patio to outside will not open due to concrete slab coming out of ground and blocking door. Rubber seal from bottom of screen door coming off and dragging 4" from frame and drywall tape is coming loose on bathroom wall and parts of dining room. I would definitely NOT recommend building or buying a MI Home and can only imagine what I face in repairs as the house ages and is no longer within the one year warranty.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My M/I house has developed a water leak in the roof and is showing via a water spot in the ceiling on the second floor. The house is a little less than 9 years old. M.I. claims to have a 10 year structural warranty. When I contacted M.I. they claim the roof is not covered under the warranty. How can a roof not be considered a part of the structure of the house? I believe M.I. is just trying to side step having to repair the roof leak. This does not speak well for M/I Homes.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We purchased a M/I home in North Carolina in 2016. The first impressions with the salesperson, model homes, and the construction manager were overall pretty good. So we made our decision to spend $700k on our first so called luxury house with M/I. But apparently this was not a smart decision at all. After we moved in, we found nail pops and very obvious seam lines b/t drywall panels throughout the house. And M/I only agreed to fix two spots at one time while most builders will fix all when the one year warranty ends. We got flood issue twice in 6 months after we moved in, one caused by dishwasher and one caused by toilet. M/I was okay about the repair as our house was still in warranty. But please try to imagine homeowner's feeling about living in a $700k house where they experienced two flood issues in just 6 months.

The driveway concrete work was done poorly as it was not leveled right. So water easily collects and a pond forms whenever it rains. The concrete pad has even been colored due to the water corrosion. It has been almost 2 years since we reported this problem in the warranty period and M\I has done nothing about it. They kept telling us to reach to the contract by ourselves while we had tried tons of times and failed tons of times. It has been overall a very unpleasant experience to live in this M/I branded house because of the poor construction quality. We spent the money to get a reliable house to live in. But what we got is actually something far away from reliable. No house is perfect. M/I home just doesn't worth the penny we paid at all. We will never buy any M/I homes.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We emailed M/I Homes back in April 2017 about the problems with several shingles missing from our roof. Someone did reach out to us and told us to contact the building manager Patrick **. We contacted Patrick April 21st, April 25th, and April 26th. April 26th we received a response from Patrick telling us they would replace the missing shingles. Rainstorms occurred for many days. May 5th Patrick texted us that the roofers should be out to replace the shingles. We specifically indicated where the shingles were missing. Then, we given a runaround that the roofers had the wrong address and that they would be back to replace the missing shingles which NEVER occurred.

We reach out to a roofer about the issue and paid $450.00. Fast forward to 12/11/17 we found two more missing shingles. We are hoping that MI Homes will work with us in a TIMELY MANNER to solve this problem. Our house is only 1 year and a few months old. If you are not willing to work with us we will take legal action and contact the media.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We were nothing short of amazed when we first walked into the model. The style and design of M/I Homes model blew us away. When we meet Scott we knew we were not working with just "another" sales person. We could tell that he had a great deal of knowledge and passion for what he does. He is a true professional. Fast forward to the building of our dream home surprisingly our experience got better. Drew our builder is a great young construction superintendent. He was very prompt with answering our questions, he kept the job site clean. Our home was in nearly perfect condition for the first walk through. We even had our third party inspector, even he was impressed with how few imperfections he found in the home. After moving in we could not be happier with the entire experience and would gladly do it all again!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

If anyone is interested in getting an honest opinion about M/I Homes and their quality I will certainly be happy to tell you about mine. I have been living on our home for a year now and we still do not have our issues that we noted on move in fixed. We have been complaining about our yard, the large puddles (huge amounts of standing water) and the drainage problems since the landscape company installed the grass after a large rain had created huge ruts in the ground.

After several calls and requests we have yet to have this corrected. They come to my house without notice and make little to no improvement, every time it looks worse after they do any type of attempts at a fix. Since they started to (in their words) “make this right” they have removed a bush and left a huge dip in our front yard, that holds standing water 24 hours a day. Now we also have a hole under our fence. This the second house we had built in this neighborhood. The first, a Richmond Home, we loved and never had these issues. I will NEVER recommend nor purchase another MI Home. Please let me know if you have any questions about my experiences.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We have had problems since day one. We've owned a M/I home for almost 3 years and have had numerous problems from the get go. We've been trying to resolve a leak issue for 3 years and now they are blaming the issue on HARVEY. What an absolute joke. Please, please do not buy a M/I home. Worst decision we've made. I wish I could give 0 star rating. 1 is too generous.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Scott and Drew are an incredible team to work with, they addressed any concern we had immediately! My new home in Bridgeland is beautiful and is a dream come true for my family and I. This is the first home I have built so I was a bit anxious about the process however working with Scott made it feel so easy. I want to thank everyone at M/I Homes who helped walk me through every step of this journey. Scott was very professional and has a passion for what he does. Again it was a pleasure to work with M/I Homes and we could not be more excited to live in our new beautiful home in Bridgeland!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Choosing to build with M/I Homes is our absolute biggest regret. This has been the most stressful, regretful mess and complete waste of our time. Seven and a half months in and we are still dealing with very high dollar quality issues, not to mention the smaller, but in no way insignificant, ones. Here's a list of our bigger issues:

Wood Floors: Waiting to be replaced as of today is our wood flooring, showing in excess of 130 cracks, after ridiculous attempts to repair multiple other cracks with a black back fill substance that left black wedges in our wood floors. With documented emails to M/I Homes on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th day after closing on the home showing us reporting cracks in the wood. Not able to even move our furniture into our home due to extremely poor carpeting and cracking wood floors. We now have hired an attorney to fight this battle. Neither M/I Homes nor Kermans Flooring will take ownership, basically placing the blame on us. We slept on an arrow bed for at least 10 days after closing due to the upgraded flooring in our home being a complete mess. The carpet was eventually completed. Now our "upgraded" wood floors...

Foundation Cracks: Several have been pressures sealed now. Structural inspections shows basement slab to have very poor workmanship on expansion joints. We are working to get this corrected. Driveway and sidewalks: Completely deteriorating. Either the cement was overly troweled or the concrete was poured in poor weather and had been rained on them while wet and is now looking as though our driveway and sidewalks are 15-20 years old after having driven on them with salted tires... M/I Homes now has a date that these will be completely tore out and new concrete poured.

Very high dollar items... Full of defects and a constant struggle on our part to keep the follow through going. Many wasted vacation days and time off work. M/I Homes uses sub-contractors for every process in the building of their homes and our experience with most were sub-par and showed no pride in their work and no forethought in any process. M/I Homes has no quality control process in place that checks the work of their subcontractors. Most repairs showed a halfhearted careless attempt at being done, leaving some items in worse condition than the original poor condition, this including the carpeting throughout our home and wood flooring.

There is so much more we could cover, to include our wasted time and lack of peace of mind in the past seven months. They have used so much of our time and energy prior to closing and since. The discouragement started early on and especially so when we closed on this home in good faith only to have them fail on their written promises given the day of closing, on the very next day.

There are a multitude of other issues from the start of the sale to the closing and repairs that included seriously shaking floors, drywall work, paint work, tile work, shower glass work because the shower wall is not level, the list goes on... While one is to expect that there will be things to be addressed after moving in, we really had no idea to what extent we'd be dealing with quality issues. While M/I Homes has taken measures to try to correct some of this, they have wasted so much of our time and energy and much remains to be repaired. If you choose to use them do your research, check reviews, weigh what you read, and most importantly, don't think you'd be an exception. They have taken the joy and excitement that comes with the purchase of a new home and left us feeling complete regret and exhaustion with this purchase.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I would not recommend this builder to anyone! From the start of our home 09/2016 to 05/17, my wife and I had a total of 5 different general contractors, all worthless. A week after we moved in, we had a sewer backup problem. Our front yard had to be dug up due to broken pipes the electrician broke while running the wiring underground (what they told us). Less than 90 days in we have a leaking roof. Sheetrock falling down from our ceiling, walls coming apart. It's been horrible experience from the get go. Take your business elsewhere!

Original review: July 27, 2017

I was attracted to M/I homes by the features I saw in a new development. Full gutters and downspouts, granite countertops, ceramic tile and hardwood floors, wrought iron balusters on stairs, sprinkler systems, framed bathroom mirrors, very nice light fixtures and chandeliers, water loops and drains for a water softener, and so on. Even found a house we really liked at a fair price. The development itself had some drawbacks, though, as a street had been cut through to a neighboring huge subdivision and this one had become a shortcut to the freeway, so morning and evening traffic was shaping up to be a nightmare for residents. We moved on, but I was impressed with M/I Homes' feature list, so I searched for other M/I Homes developments and found one in a pretty good location.

The new location was a small development by M/I and only M/I. Only about 20 homes had been completed. That's where the story changes. It seems that M/I--here at least -- starts out with deluxe features, then cuts back later. The first homes built in the new development had all the things that attracted me. The house we liked had gutters in the front only, silestone rather than granite countertops, and hardwood in only one small study, and no water softener connections. Finishing the gutters cost about $2,500 through an independent contractor -- not M/I, who would have had to add their profit to the price. The silestone we can live with for a few years. The water softener will cost a lot because of no access to drains where the water enters the house. Really cheap and ugly light fixtures. However, we're lucky compared to those who followed.

The next round of houses also lost the wrought iron balusters (back to wood) and lost the sprinkler systems. The last houses they build here may be just shells at this rate! Clearly, though, they've also cut back on subcontractor costs, so there is very clear evidence of short cuts in the central air (low end condensers, sloppy duct sealing, mistakes in thermostat configuration), plumbing -- bargain basement fixtures, and electric. We've had service calls on every single subcontractor item: plumbing, electric (had one switch connected to nothing and no light where there should have been one), sprinkler system, air conditioning, kitchen cabinets, and door trim. Pre-wired alarm sensor at the front door had the wire broken inside the wall. At least, though, the company responds to problems and follows up with the subs. That's why I still gave four stars -- five for customer service; three for value.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I have built 5 homes in Tampa FL from 1998 to 2016. This is my first home built with M/I Homes. On April 7, 2015, we signed a contract with M/I Homes in Tampa to build a new home located on **. I paid the escrow earnest money deposit of $9650.00 to M/I Homes to start building. Our M/I home was scheduled to complete/finish on 10/31/15. Per the Addendum to Agreement Cash Closing, we were to provide to M/I Homes within five business days following the effective date financial statements or other written verification of our financial ability to purchase the property. We provided our signed sale contract for ** as written verification of our financial ability to purchase the property as cash equivalents. M/I Homes accepted this as satisfactory.

Adrian ** informed us that we would not need to sign a separate contingency addendum to dissolve the contract and receive our deposit back in the case that we could not sell our existing home to fund the purchase of the new home. Before signing, we asked Adrian ** point blank if we would be able to remove ourselves from the contract and recover our $10,000 in the event that we were not able to purchase the home. We asked that specific question because we understood that we would not be able to purchase the property without first selling our existing home. We made that very clear to Adrian ** before and at the signing. He affirmed that we would be able to remove ourselves from the contract and recover our deposit and that no contingency needed to be written into the contract to affirm that.

We took his word as a representative of M/I Homes and signed the contract. Had we been properly informed that we would not be able to recover our deposit, we would not have signed the contract. He stated that M/I Homes would act in good faith to return our deposit if we were not able to buy. M/I Homes never requested from us any other proof of ability to purchase, as they never expected us to have another avenue to purchase (i.e. A mortgage or cash on hand). Our Briarhill Ct home was listed for sale on 4/6/15. Then, came the unforeseen circumstances, when the sale of our residence fell through on August 2015 that I was unable to meet the deadline and finalize the M/I Home purchase. I went to visit Adrian ** and advise/show him the cancellation of contract. We acted in good faith having full intentions of purchasing the M/I Home.

Then the issue began with M/I Homes. I spoke to the manager Brian ** several times via phones/emails begging him to give me some more time, explaining that I had dropped my home selling price again. He agreed to grant an extension until November 30, 2015. I continued diligently seek new buyer and dropped the price of her home multiple times hoping to finalize the M/I purchase. Our home didn't sell by 11/30/15. But we had another signed contract at hand, so I contacted Adrian **, he stated the home is sold. Later I found out that M/I Homes sold Crowned Sparrow Lane home on 11/29/15 and it closed on 12/28/15. I spoke to Adrian **, sale consultant several time in person and via emails, requesting a refund of the earnest money deposit funds. Explained that is a substantial amount of monies to lose due to lack of representation.

Unfortunately, because I was without proper representation and if I had representation, we would have been advised that the agreement must include a contingency on the sale of her home in writing from M/I Homes and not to trust any their words. M/I home defaulted and lied to us and on their contract. I filed a complaint with BBB, Department of Consumer Protection and now Florida Office of Financial Regulation and Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

If anyone is reading this and have the same problem or issue with M/I homes, and you know they lied and did not act in good faith or did not have you signed the proper agreement or lack of representation and keep your money, please contact me at ** - I will be happy to share my story and more detail and we can file claim against M/I Homes. I want to hear from you, I do believe I am not the first one. Tell me your story. P.S. I recently purchase built a home from Taylor Morrison in Tampa. When I told them it's a cash purchase, they request evidence of funds. i.e. bank statement, assets documents with 5 business days.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Beautiful Models - Your home won't look like that. The first problem and we should have walked was it took 8 months to build. The finish work on our home is HORRIBLE! Our first construction manager quit halfway through the build and no one thought to see where the houses he was involved in were at in the build process. Mind you, all of my problems were/are finish work and we aren't the pickiest people on the planet but for what we paid for this house we should have gotten much better results.

None of the doors were hung properly - They close automatically, they don't close all the way, there are large gaps and one door doesn't even touch the stop. You can see in the gap into the guest bathroom. All the trim on the doors need to be redone, none of the corners meet properly and some are sticking off of the wall a good 1/2 inch.

Tile was a mess - We paid for the upgrades and most of the tile work in the master shower is/was done so poorly they had to come out twice and still haven't fixed it right. Cracked tiles caulked over, missing grout and bad alignment. The tile guys said when you use dark grout with white tile it's a problem and blamed the M/I Design Center for selling us that combo.

Counter tops have gouges in them like someone with a hammer in their toolbelt was leaning over it and damaged them - both bathrooms. Paint was very uneven and some walls weren't even painted all the way. The landscaping on one side is completely dead because we had bad rain and it got washed away. They said they'd fix it - still waiting. Texture is really bad in spots. Fixes are really bad. Window sills weren't sanded before install/paint.

Every upgrade wasn't done well. We have used all of our vacation at work to be home for these repairs to be made. Three times no one showed to do the trim work (and still haven't) and the two times the tiles guys came one guy was there for 6 hours and messed up more than he fixed and the second time they were there for an hour and still missed stuff. Now it's our problem because we can't be there during the week to get this stuff done going on 4 months later. Like I said it's all finish work that would take a crew that knew what they were doing a few hours to fix but it's getting that crew to do it. Waiting to get stuff fixed is a nightmare.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We bought a home in 2012 through M/I Homes. After living in it for a year and some months. We had a inspection done because we were about to move. Being a military family we move every 3-4 years. The inspection came back saying that water was running back under the house. So we put in for M/I Homes to come fix the problem along with other issues. Someone came out, put dirt and left no grass to keep mud from washing away. Week later the rain comes in and washes away most of the dirt. After call they and emailing M/I Homes they send out someone to put grass on the dirt so the rest wouldn't wash away. Most of the dirt was nearly gone so now we back where we almost started???

A year later we put the house up for sale and most of the realtors are saying this house has foundation issues. Now we are had to take the house off the market to get it fixed so we can sell it. In almost a year's time no one has reached out to say "ha let's make it right" and offer anything. We ended up with a complete foundation lift on our home. It's March now and if the house is not sold by May we will have paid over 16,000 in mortgage. Our realtor said that she would never sell another M/I home.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I would not recommend MI to anyone. When they built my home they use pressed paper for the trim. My home is not 15 yrs old, and even though it has always been painted thoroughly the pressed board trim is deteriorating, and it is costing me a fortune to replace it. How could any reputable builder use pressed board trim. They even used it under the front door. It deteriorated over time, and it destroyed the joist which supported the front door. What a horrible builder.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

We visited the sales on site location on 2/9/17, and was engaged and told the lot cost was included in the base price of the home by a sales representative on site. Confirmed two days later by primary principal sales representative, Cameron as he was working up the final figures on our new home. 24 hours later $15,000 lot premium added by Cameron to our home price quote. Explanation? Business is good... I am out... I am your target audience 60 year old baby boomer with a credit score north of 820. You my friend and M/I Homes lose!! Left a message for M/I Homes dispute contact person Bruce **, so far no response...

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

M/I Homes is simply a money hungry, low level builder. Do not purchase a home from M/I Homes in the Houston area. We regret ever considering doing business with them. We were building with them in the Katy area and lost a significant amount of money. We went through 4 months of the building process with them and finally opened our eyes towards the type of company they are and decided to pull out of our contract before we lost more money. They have very poor construction management. Apparently building 3 to 4 houses at a time is too much for them to handle. They missed many things that we had requested in our initial contract. Once they had missed those things, they refused to go back and make things correct. When you request to speak with management, be prepared to get the run around and eventually very unprofessional responses.

Be prepared to be your own construction manager and inspect daily because their QA/QC is subpar and below a beginner home builder. Once we decided to cancel our contract because of multiple missed requests and poor quality, we were asked to put our complaints in writing. Their response to our complaints and refund request was a simple no. They kept our $9000 deposit and refused to refund any of it. Their contract is written completely in their favor as is expected. I wish I had listened to other reviewers on here. They are simply a very bad home builder and should not be trusted with such an important investment.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

DO NOT BUY AN M/I HOME!! You will live to regret. I wish I had listened to those who warned about them and I didn't and not only do I regret it every day, I am paying a steep price for not listening. There are so many other builders to choose from who do far better work. Please do not make the same mistake I have made. My home is defective from the foundation to the roof. The stress of the situation combined time off from work. This home has cost me so much. Do yourself a favor... DO NOT BUY M/I!!

Not sure about M/I Homes?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Home Builders and Developers for you.

M/I Homes Company Information

www.mihomes.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business