2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5

Clayton Homes is a manufactured home builder that offers an array of home types, from traditional site-built homes to tiny homes. With a focus on green building practices and multiple customizable features available, Clayton Homes can help you achieve homeownership within your budget.

Clayton Homes Gallery (4)

Clayton Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clayton Homes?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I'm very satisfied with the home-buying process.

Clayton Homes response

Allen, thank you so much for sharing! We are happy and appreciative of your business!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

The buying process, like going up there to their office and getting approved for the loan was nice. It was very easy to go through that. The reps helped me pick out the house that best fit us. But after I've gotten the house, Clayton Homes of El Reno has done the exact opposite. Spending $80,000 to $90,000 on a house which is that much money, you would think that they would take good care of you. But I've barely heard from them in months.

I needed things fixed months ago that they were supposed to contact me about and they haven't. I'm dissatisfied with Clayton Homes of El Reno on how they've kept in contact and came back and fix the things they were supposed to. They could have done a whole lot better. I had somebody from Clayton Homes call me about three weeks ago and they were supposed to take care of some of the stuff or they were supposed to get ahold of Clayton in El Reno and have them get ahold of me to take care of some stuff. That was three weeks ago and I haven't got one phone call. Whenever I first went to get my house, I had two or three people that I could interest in getting houses through Clayton and I told them to go somewhere else besides Clayton in El Reno.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Ronnie, thank you for reaching out and sharing this information with us. Customer experience is of the upmost importance to us, and we take this feedback very seriously. We have reached out to the retail location you purchased your home from in order to find out more regarding scheduling service. We will follow up with you as soon as possible.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The people at Clayton were very helpful. The rep we worked with took care of all our problems if we had any. I'm very satisfied with the buying process and I'm very happy with the quality of the home. If I ever do it again, I would go through Clayton and if I knew anybody that was interested in something like this, I would steer them that way.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Donald! Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends. At Clayton Homes, we believe we have the best quality homes to offer to our customers. We are so glad you do too!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I heard that Clayton Homes builds good homes and by reference of people talking, I went there. The reps were good. I'm enjoying my home but Clayton Homes never have closed on my deal. It's been seven months and I can’t get anything out of them. Also, I had quite a few faults on my trailer. There were a lot of things that needed to be done to it and some of them still haven’t got done. They put a faulty sink in the kitchen. It had a big knot on the inside. The bathtub in the guest room is cracked from the inside, like a screw or nail had went through it and it still hasn't been fixed. My stove messed up and I tried to get it fixed but I couldn't get satisfaction out of them. It took months to even get somebody out there to look at it. The guy kept canceling on me so I took it out and put in another stove I had.

All the trim in the house keep falling off and we took little bitty nails and started nailing them back on. I still have a plug in over by the stove that doesn't work. Our front door was messed up. I'd had the man out two or three times to fix it and it never did close right. My son fixed it and I guess that ruined the warranty on it. The way that Clayton Homes handled fixing the problem hasn't been right so I'm kinda dissatisfied. I also think I paid way too much for the home.

Clayton Homes response

Hi Betty, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. Customer service is of the upmost importance to us, and we take this feedback very seriously. We are currently looping in our corporate customer advocacy team to assist with your concerns, and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

The rep we worked with, Brenda, was amazing. Also, Howard and Tammy who work there are amazing. Howard is like a Jack-of-all-trades and he is so kind. And Tammy was real helpful. With the wintertime, we still haven't finished our year with the repairs that need to be done, but that's not been a problem.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us, Rhonda! We are so excited for you to enjoy your new Clayton home!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

In the process, Clayton let me pay the amount off. But four days later, the storm hit and messed my trailer up, and we are still fighting to get it fixed. We didn't have insurance. Nobody would sell us insurance. I have contacted Clayton but they wouldn't help us because the storm was in the gulf, and it would probably come our way. I went to different ones like Allstate and State Farm but couldn't get any help. What if the storm demolished it? I wouldn't have **. It's still costing me. $7,000. And then that's the labor. I'm about at my wits’ end on all of this. I'm 58 years old. And this is entirely too much on my back, but I'll pay the trailer off. And now everybody wants money for this, money for that, and it's still going on. I don't have my skirting on around the trailer. But they said they didn't want to put the skirting until the trailer was fixed and finalized.

Clayton Homes response

Hi John, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about what you've experienced recently with your home being damaged by a storm, and the distress this has caused you. Clayton Homes would not be held liable for any damage done to the home. It would be the homeowner's duty to obtain home insurance at the time of purchase.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I was 100% satisfied with the home buying process at Clayton. The rep I worked with was fantastic. I love her and I sent other families to her. The reps were very good with the communication. They were courteous, kind, very helpful and they had all the information that we needed and they were nice to us. They were genuine and were happy to see us. It was really nice. It was just all around a very good experience.

Clayton Homes response

Rebecca, thank you for sharing your story. We are over the moon when one of our team members connects to a customer and creates a lasting impact. We appreciate you and are so happy you had a wonderful experience with Clayton Homes!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Their rep walked through everything and sat us down. He talked to us about everything and got it worked out. It’s a very good product. They're fair and upfront with you about everything and they do what they can to help you get your home.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, Michael! We are so happy that you chose Clayton for your homebuying needs!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Clayton's home buying process was really good. But, they should have a flowchart for us to be able to understand the stages until we get the keys and are able to move in. We were really excited and we knew it was gonna take a while. But each time they said something was gonna happen, we would say "Okay. Well, what's next?" and sometimes they got a bit frustrated with us. Other than that, the reps went above and beyond. We were really happy with the process, the consultants, the availability, and them working every step of the way to be able to get us into our home.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you, Nicholas and Hannah, for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us! We're truly grateful for your input regarding your experience. It's customer comments such as this that help us grow and improve as a company. We will forward this idea along to the appropriate management.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The home buying process has been great. I asked their rep anything I needed to know and he gave me a straight answer. He did everything he said he can do and it got done. The landscaping could have been improved a little bit. I gotta straighten it out myself. But everything else is okay. I would recommend someone if someone asked me about my home.

Clayton Homes response

Thank you so much for reaching out, Timothy! We're so happy that you had a seamless home buying process! Thank you again for choosing Clayton Homes!

Clayton Homes Company Information