Xfinity vs. Alert 360
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
What is the difference between Xfinity and Alert 360?
Xfinity and Alert 360 offer DIY and professional home security systems. Both offer options without an upfront cost, and both require professional installation. Alert 360 does require a monthly contract, but Xfinity has a trial period. Both offer about the same benefits when it comes to types of equipment and services.
Installation and cost
|Installation fee||$100||$99 to $199|
|Upfront cost||Equipment cost of $360 to $600+; financing available||Equipment included in monthly fee|
|Trial period||30-day money-back guarantee||None listed|
|Contract terms||Two years||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
|Professional||$100||Equipment cost of $360 to $600+; financing available||30-day money-back guarantee||Two years|
|Professional||$99 to $199||Equipment included in monthly fee||None listed||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
Monitoring plans and pricing
|Monitoring price range||$30+||$49.95 to $59.95|
|Monitoring options||Professional and self-monitored||Professional|
|Self-monitoring||Self protection feature available (live recorded video) for $10/month||—|
|24/7 professional monitoring||$30+||Starting at $49.95|
|Upgraded professional monitoring||$40+||$59.95|
|$30+||Professional and self-monitored||Self protection feature available (live recorded video) for $10/month||—||$30+||$40+|
|$49.95 to $59.95||Professional||—||—||Starting at $49.95||$59.95|
|Wired or wireless?||Wireless||Wireless|
|Camera options||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Glass break sensor|
|Siren||Not specified||Audible panel siren|
|Panic button||Via touch-screen control panel||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||—||—||Not specified||Via touch-screen control panel|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Audible panel siren||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Smart locks||Compatible with August, Kwikset and Yale|
|Smart lights||Compatible with GE (Jasco), Leviton, LIFX, Lutron Castéta, Phillips Hue, Sengled|
|Smart thermostat||Compatible with Carrier Cor, ecobee, Zen|
|Garage door control||Compatible with Chamberlain LiftMaster|
|Smoke detector||Not listed|
|Compatible with August, Kwikset and Yale||Compatible with GE (Jasco), Leviton, LIFX, Lutron Castéta, Phillips Hue, Sengled||Compatible with Carrier Cor, ecobee, Zen||Compatible with Chamberlain LiftMaster||—||—||—|
|Mobile app monitoring|
|Notification/alert options||Text, email, push and TV||Email and text|
|Home automation capabilities|
|Google Home||Not specified|
|Other hubs||xFi Gateway, Xfinity camera devices||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
|4.4||4.5||Text, email, push and TV||Not specified||xFi Gateway, Xfinity camera devices|
|4.3||3.7||Email and text||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||1.6||1.8|
|Verified customer reviews||Xfinity Home reviews||Alert 360 reviews|
|1.6||Xfinity Home reviews|
|1.8||Alert 360 reviews|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Customers have heard of Xfinity for its wireless services, including television and internet, but now the company is offering security packages. With Xfinity, you can combine your security payments with the cost of its other services. These packages include access to multiple security equipment options and benefits and require no upfront payments. Professional monitoring starts at $30 per month. Xfinity customers must pay for DIY monitoring, starting at $10 per month.
- Base Home System: This system is designed for homes with one or two entrances and is fairly minimal. Equipment includes a control system, a motion sensor, three door/window sensors and a yard sign. You can make one upfront payment of $360 or finance it for $15 a month for 24 months.
- Complete Home System: For bigger homes, the Complete Home System is an ideal choice. This package comes with an indoor/outdoor camera, five door/window sensors, a motion sensor, a wireless keypad, a control system and a yard sign. This package is $480 upfront or $20 a month for 24 months.
- Ultimate Home System: The Ultimate Home System includes the most equipment: 10 door/window sensors, a motion sensor, a wireless keypad, two indoor/outdoor cameras, a control system and a yard sign. This package is $25 a month for two years or $600 upfront.
What Xfinity customers say
Xfinity customers leave mixed reviews on ConsumerAffairs. Customers who like the service call it a good value and say they particularly enjoy being able to control their system through Xfinity’s mobile app. Other customers describe some general issues dealing with the customer service team and problems resolving issues and canceling contracts.
Alert 360 is the fifth largest residential security provider in the United States. The company offers a mobile app and four security packages. Alert 360 is only available in 26 states, and professional installation is required. But, with its $1,360 insurance deductible reimbursement, customers might find more savings in the end when they choose Alert 360.
Alert 360 packages
- Smart Door Lock Package: This system includes a keyless door lock, a wireless motion sensor and three wireless door/window sensors. It starts at $44.95 per month.
- Smart Home Video Package: The Smart Home Video Package comes with a wireless indoor camera, a wireless motion sensor and three wireless door/window sensors. It starts at $44.95 per month.
- Door Command Package: This option comes with a keyless door lock, a doorbell camera, a wireless motion sensor and three wireless door/window sensors. You have your choice of an additional indoor camera or keyless lock. Prices start at $50.95 a month.
- Complete Smart Home Package: This package includes a touch-screen panel, a video doorbell, a keyless door lock, an indoor camera and window/door sensors. You have your choice of an additional indoor camera or keyless lock. Monthly costs start at $54.95.
What Alert 360 customers say
Alert 360 has mixed reviews on ConsumerAffairs. Common themes from happy customers revolve around professional service and effective resolutions to customer issues. Those who experienced problems mentioned malfunctioning equipment and difficulty canceling their service.
Bottom line: Xfinity or Alert 360?
By combining monitoring in the monthly cost, Alert 360 may be more affordable on a monthly basis, but Xfinity lets you combine the cost of your internet or cable for a more streamlined experience.
- Xfinity is best for customers who care about streamlining their internet and TV with their home security.
- Alert 360 is best for customers who don’t want to pay an additional cost for monthly monitoring.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.