3.8/5 (700 ratings)

About Williams-Sonoma

Williams-Sonoma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

We purchased the Montauk table in black. It’s a solid table. The website describes it as being “hand stained”. After less than a year, and not using the table daily, we noticed the color was coming off in 3 places. I called customer service and was told I’d have a touch up pen sent to my address and a furniture “medic” would come out to look at it. I never got a pen, and nobody came out to see the table.

I called back weeks later to see what the hold up was and only got a runaround. I believe I spoke to 4 different people, not to mention being put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time. Nobody could help me. The issue here is quality. There want one person that cared. This is where we are at people. Don’t give this company any of your money. Once the product is paid for and out the door, they don’t care. After pleading with a customer service rep, they put me in contact with a supervisor. She said she would send an email to see if the furniture medics would come out to see the table because the order once place 1 year and two days ago. Long story short, she offered a touch up pen from West Elm because William Sonoma didn’t have one for this particular table. I would also have to pay for it, then get credited for it later.

Williams-Sonoma response
Hello Julianna,
I am sorry for any disappointment regarding your table. I have sent an email to the address on your order in regard to this.
Warm regards,
Dragon (Julie C.)
Social Media Team

West Elm

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

My fiancé and I opened a wedding registry with Williams Sonoma. Thankfully, we also opened one and moved most of our items over to Crate & Barrel shortly before sending out the options for the registries to our guests. We have not experienced one issue with Crate & Barrel. Unfortunately, our experience with Williams Sonoma could not have been worse. The experience started with a simple mistake where the wrong salt/pepper mills were sent. I went into the store to exchange the items and was told that the new items would be shipped to me. I waited ~2-3 weeks to receive the new items. To our disappointment, the exact same mistake was replicated. I had to take ANOTHER trip into the store to ask for an exchange and grabbed the items I wanted off the shelf, but was told that I had to receive an e-gift card as a return before completing the swap. Again, I left the store empty-handed and was told to wait 24 hours for an e-gift card to be mailed to me.

Because of the issues, I made sure to ask that the email be sent to MY email, not the wedding guest’s. I calmly complied, went home, and waited. No gift card came. I called back in to customer service and was told that the email address on the account was “off by one digit”, the situation was corrected, and the new e-gift card would be shipped to me but would take 14 days. I calmly waited 14 days. I called back in after the 14 days and was told that the gift card was delivered to the wrong place and to fix the situation they would “expedite shipping” of the new physical gift card to get it to me within 5 business days. I asked for a manager to confirm this information was correct, but was told that I could not talk to one.

After 5 business days passed, I called BACK in to customer service to let them know that the physical gift card had not arrived. I asked for a manager and was told that the ONLY ways to proceed were to wait 14 days for the physical gift card to arrive or to CANCEL the physical gift card and issue an e-gift card, but that the cancellation would take MULTIPLE business days and the e-gift card could be issued within 24 hours after the cancellation of the other was confirmed.

Due to the lack of trust in the process based on multiple failed attempts to this point, I am STILL blindly waiting on the gift card to arrive to this day. No accommodations were offered, no exceptions to the standard process have been made, and no accountability has been taken on Williams Sonoma’s end to assign a customer service representative to follow up with me. To this day, I am still having to take the initiative to track down my credit just so that I can go back into the store and physically pick up the items. As I said, I would urge everyone to use Crate & Barrel over Williams Sonoma due to the multiple friends that warned us about experiences just like this one with Williams Sonoma.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I purchase a Breville Barista Pro back on June of 2022, and was returned for merchandise credit in September. After my return was received an e-merchandise card was emailed to me, and unfortunately I was unable to open this e-merchandise card. Contacted customer service again and was informed that the easiest solution to this is to have a physical merchandise card sent to me. So that is the route I took.

During this time, I was sent two physical cards due to incorrect address on Williams Sonoma part (the cards were being sent to a Michaels craftstore where I initially had selected this location for pick up on my first purchase of the Breville Barista Pro) but had my actual address listed on the initial order. It is now the end of November and I am still waiting on the supposedly mailed 3rd merchandise card and hopefully to the correct address. I have spent over $700 on the Breville Barista Pro and for this return process to take this long is ridiculous! I have a multitude of emails and countless phone calls to customer service over the last few months and still cannot get a straight answer as to the tracking of the 3rd merchandise card. I cannot believe a company would allow this amount of time to pass in order to send out a merchandise card! I am extremely dissatisfied with this company and the way they handle these types of transactions with their customers.

Williams-Sonoma response

Hi April,

Thank you for contacting us. Our elevated support team has sent you an email to the email address provided on your order to further assist.

Sincerely,
    Kimi T.

Williams Sonoma

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I received a gift card from a friend for my birthday. I purchased an item and paid the extra portion with my credit card. Every time I checked the delivery status it said the upcoming weekend. Multiple phone calls provided the same incorrect info until I finally got someone who cared enough to see the item was actually unavailable. She refunded my card and sent me an e-card that did not work. Two weeks later I asked them to just mail a card. They did. They sent me $11.23 of the original $25 gift card. Another phone call and another hour on the phone and the best they can do is attempt to send me the balance on another gift card. I am still waiting. My birthday was almost 2 months ago! My original card arrived 1 week before my birthday. The absolute worst company ever. I don’t expect the card. I’ve spent more time on the phone than the card could ever be worth. I’m grateful to my friend for the gift but will ask her not to use this company again. Ever!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I purchased an outdoor table from Williams Sonoma home December 2021. The table was delivered in January 2022 damaged. They let me keep it until they delivered me the new table in August 2022. That too was damaged. I did not want to wait another eight months for an outdoor table -they took both tables and I have been waiting for my $3000 refund since August. I have spent hours and hours on the phone trying to get my refund. The customer service reps tell me that yes it’s been approved and then nothing ever happens so I have to call back again and again and again. I am at my wits' end!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I ordered a Phillips 3200 Espresso machine from Williams-Sonoma on Nov 1st. I paid for rush shipping because I just moved to a new place and don't have a coffee machine. When the machine arrived I noticed they sent me a Phillips 2200. An older model that is also $200 cheaper. I called customer service and told them the issue and they said they would ship a replacement once I drop off the machine at UPS. I dropped off the machine at the UPS, 10 minutes after speaking with the rep.

The new machine was not shipped on time and now I have to wait until Monday Nov 7 for my machine. How is it possible that you send your customer a wrong order and still fail to overnight the new item. Also I am not being compensated for the additional shipping cost I paid and will now get my machine a week later. Hopefully you send the correct one this time. Williams-Sonoma should have better QA when shipping items out. Shouldn't there be a process that confirms the correct item is being shipped out? I'm very disappointed with the whole experience. I understand mistakes can happen but when they do the company should be able to correct them in a timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

My wife and I placed a small online order of $350 for an Air Fryer back on September 28th. We were given a prompt order confirmation with ETA date of October 5-7. So far, so good. That ETA had come and gone without any follow up from the CS team. We've called on 3 separate occasions since then only to be told a different story. The 1st person told us the product was on backorder and would arrive in a week. Didn't happen. The 2nd person told us there was a payment issue even though we used gift cards, but that it was resolved. Still no Air Fryer.

The 3rd person told us it was on route and should arrive in a week. It has been almost 3 weeks since the most recent conversation. We've lost our impatience with this incredibly incompetent and dishonest CS team and will move forward with a full refund. Do not buy anything online from Williams-Sonoma as their CS team either doesn't know what they're doing, or don't care. I don't know which is worse but I'll never shop with them again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I placed two orders in Sept on the 12th and the 23rd. 4 out of the 5 items I purchased were backordered. They have changed the date several times and to date I only have 2 out of the 5 items. 2 items were on backorder till Nov 10th. Still showed that as of yesterday. Go in to check today and now those two items are showing as Nov 21-22nd. They keep pushing them out and it's going to get into the holiday season. I will never get these items in a reasonable amount of time. If I ordered these two items today they show backordered till Nov 21-22nd. So why is it that items I ordered almost 2 months ago can be ordered today with the same delivery date? Something doesn't add up. I can say this will be the last time I order with them. Their service is absolutely terrible.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

For the last 5 months I have been going back and fourth with Williams Sonoma over the money they have basically stolen from me. I made a purchase with a gift card and decided to go ahead and return it. After several months, phone calls & emails, I still have not received anything! They have lied repeatedly about sending a new gift card but have never done so. At this point I am starting to believe the employees are stealing my gift card and keeping it to themselves. I would never recommend anyone purchasing a gift card from here because they will just flat out steal your money!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I strongly recommend NOT using Williams Sonoma as a wedding registry. We were given a Smeg hood vent as a wedding gift. It was the wrong size and needed to be returned and credited to our wedding account. We spent about an hour with the store manager who assured us it would be credited to our account and not returned to the person who bought it for us. When it arrived to our home I attempted to return it to the store but was told it needed to be picked up from our home.

Again I clarified with the staff and was assured it would be credited to our registry. When we later checked our registry and the range hood was not credited. Instead it was returned and credited back to the person who bought it for us (it is not possible nor appropriate to contact the purchaser). We spoke with everyone from the shipper to the general manager (who remembered our concerns and his assurances) but everyone claimed there was nothing they could do. We are now out a very expensive gift and couldn't be more disappointed in Williams Sonoma. Again, use the Williams Sonoma wedding registry at your own risk.

Williams-Sonoma author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Browse indoor and outdoor home furnishings and décor online or at stores across the United States. Free design services and credit cards rewards are available.

• Services: In-store product training and free knife sharpening.

• Shipping: Front door delivery and Premium White Glove service delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items can be returned within 30 days. Customized orders are not eligible for returns.

Williams-Sonoma Company Information