3.5/5 (323 ratings)

About Williams-Sonoma

Williams-Sonoma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

Original review: June 19, 2022

I add to what previous customers have mentioned!!! This is not the first time that I have had a problem with Williams Sonoma… but it will be the last!!!! HORRIBLE customer service!! When I ordered this product, there was no delay predicted… as time went on, A shipping delay suddenly appeared, and the delay increased week by week, until the gift was OVER 3 MONTHS late!!! This company has NO CONCERN for the delay and takes NO RESPONSIBILITY and the reps. have an extremely cavalier attitude about LATE GIFTS and orders in general!!

I spoke with 4 representatives and each one READS off the same pre-written impersonal garbage!! When you ask for a supervisor, you will be placed on hold for a ridiculous amount of time, or you will be mysteriously disconnected!! OVERPRICED, uncaring company!! After 25 minutes on hold I had to ask a second time for a half hour!! They DO NOT CARE!! As most of you do… I have a very busy schedule… And it generally is helpful to order online… Williams Sonoma is an exception to that rule…Will never order from Williams-Sonoma again!

Hello Mary,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@williams-sonoma.com and let them know you came from Consumer Affairs. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: June 9, 2022

First of all, all I see is ONE star reviews which are correct. I don't know how this company got 3.5 stars here. I ordered an item from a store. I preferred to pick up from the store but they did not allow it. As such, product was to be shipped to my home which is an apartment complex. The item was never delivered to my address, but they showed it as delivered. Now, when I call customer service to explain that I never received the product, no one pick up the phone. They put you on hold forever!! This is a total scam. I am willing to file a complaint in court if this doesn't get resolved and I would never purchase anything from Williams Sonoma again.

Hello Ken,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@williams-sonoma.com and reference you were referred from Consumer Affairs. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I have read other people's reviews now and realize it was not smart for me to shop with Williams Sonoma at all. They have a pattern of not being able to return or cancel orders and the customers must wait for the items charge and ship to them before they are able to return for a refund. My order was placed and it did not appear to be out of stock online at the time. They later explained they were experiencing delays on the item from the warehouse but failed to explain their lengthy and hassle filled return process to me in that original interaction. Then finally they explained how their returns work (if I had been upfront I would have canceled the order sooner or maybe not placed at all). They have given me a form explanation verbally over the phone but I do not trust them that they will actually fix the issue. I went back today and looked at the website. The item does say “ship from Vendor” but I could not find and explanation of the item being delayed online today or that its return process is very complicated.

Hello Taryn,

Thank you for contacting us! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulty experienced with your order. At your earliest convenience, please send us an email at support@williamssonoma.com with your order details, and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you!

Yasmin

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: May 20, 2022

The Company sold me this product , mini Smeg kettle, during the Black Friday sale in November 2021. It was a Christmas present. Today on May 20 2022, it’s still pending a new delivery date (estimated 14 June). I’ve just finally canceled the order giving up on any possibility to have the item. The customer service was polite but was feeding me bogus information every month saying that we could only provide you any compensation when order will be shipped. It never happened. It is very unreliable company. Never use it for your Christmas presents!! And yes, they still sale this item on their website but for significantly higher price. What a scum!

Original review: May 19, 2022

I have had one other terrible experience with Williams-Sonoma that made me never want to do business with them again, however, fate had it that my girlfriend bought me an expensive gift from WS and had it shipped to me with a gift receipt. I did not want this gift and returned it so my girlfriend could get her money back. She was notified via email of the return immediately, however, I found out about a month later, that if the item has a gift receipt and is returned, they just issue a store credit/gift card to the gift recipient instead of refunding the original purchaser! Shady stuff. Allow people to return their unwanted gifts for a refund!

Hello Kyle,

I am sorry you feel this way! Please send an email to supportws@wsgc.com along with the order number an we will see if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Website says in stock and ready to ship but has been over 4 months and still not completed. After literally 5+ hours of phone conversations the customer service appears to just kick can down road and let the next person deal with it, ultimately getting nothing done. After being promised by multiple representatives and "leadership" that a compensation of some sort will take place I have still yet to see anything. A couple of furniture pieces I did receive do not match displayed image on the website and has been a major rigmarole trying to get the correct color delivered. In short, horrible business techniques. They refuse to send a transcript summarizing any conversation had over phone, so you should recorder them yourself because they will deny any promise made and company policy is to have zero paper trail.

Hello Rustin,
    I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@williams-sonoma.com with reference to Case ID 206924. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: May 4, 2022

I purchased a Nespresso online. The order was delayed because the customer service member explained to me just because it states the item is available, does not mean it is available in your area. A few extra days didn't matter to me. When I received the item, I was sent an email to which it showed me that my items is on sale now and to purchase it before the sale ends. I called in about getting a refund and was told they do not refund an already purchased item that was purchased at full price, it is policy. I complained online and got the same response. I then was fortunate to meet a rep from the company visiting friends and I was told just to return the item then buy it again and just wait till it arrives.

A lot of people complain about this policy of not giving the sale price but upper management has a firm hand on it because other have similar policies at their companies. We both agreed that it not the case considering I was shown a receipt from Crate and Barrel with a price adjustment. I suggest people need to see this pattern of their sales so next time and before they purchase, they will know when the sale begins. There is a pattern, you just have to have patience. Even price matching is rarely approved. I love the staff that I met here in TN and in Cali. Just wish their policy was fair to everyone.

Hello Davide,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry that you have had a negative experience with us, can you please send us your order number at support@williams-sonoma.com so that we can take another look?

Christi T.

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: April 6, 2022

I purchased my Smeg kettle from Williams-Sonoma online and I see the bubble on the kettle surface and the bubble gets bigger as the kettle get hot when turning on. I called the customer care 'many times' to get the new replacement kettle. They charged me (literally right away) for the new kettle on my credit card and I haven't received the new replacement kettle nor refund. I called and emailed many times to get the return shipping label so I can return my product (but I'm also still waiting to receive my replacement kettle) but no one sent me the return label. So, basically I'm being charged for the replacement label without receiving the product and the customer care team is basically don't take this things seriously. I'm truly disappointed by the way things handled here and surprised how poor quality of customer care team of the highly recognized company. I need to get this things resolved ASAP. (Sigh!)

Hello Alice,

Thank you for contacting us! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulty experienced with your order. At your earliest convenience, please send us an email at support@williamssonoma.com with your order details. We are here to help!

Yasmin

Williams Sonoma

Original review: March 25, 2022

In order to make things "easy" in this day and age of expense and particularities, I ordered gifts for my nephew's soon to be bride and put down the address of the hostess for the bridal shower for them to be shipped to. As soon as I got the email receipt, I noticed that two of the items were not going to be able to be delivered until well after the shower, so I immediately wrote back to cancel the order. I was initially told that one of the items, a spatula, had already been shipped and therefore they couldn't cancel that item, but the other 2, another spatula and an $89.95 baking dish would be cancelled. No problem, I figure I'd suck it up and let them deliver the one spatula. Then, 3 days later, I get an email that the $89.95 (+ $8.50 gift wrap and tax) item had shipped!

I had a ridiculous back and forth exchange with about 8 different representatives despite requesting the first one I had named and rated. I got nowhere. I finally called the Customer Service number, spoke with a very nice man named Stan who SAID he was issuing a return, even gave me a reference number, and while it is still only a day later, I see no evidence of a credit on my credit card. I am disputing the charge. I have never experienced such absolutely awful customer service in my 65 years on this planet. I did receive another email from someone else apologizing for my difficulties, but never got an email confirming the return with the reference number.

Williams-Sonoma response
    I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@williams-sonoma.com with reference to Case ID 203823. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: March 18, 2022

I ordered a stock pot and waited for over 1 year but it never came. I got emails for a year telling me it would ship by a certain date, then when that date finally came, I would get another email telling me there was another delay. After 1 year, I finally decided to get a refund. However, I paid with a gift card and customer service told me that they have to ship me a new one. I am now in the same situation with waiting for my refund gift card. My email says it should have been delivered a week ago but it still has not shown up. Customer service was unable to do anything for me and could not even get me on the phone with a supervisor. Both issues have been left unresolved and Williams-Sonoma does not seem to care that I am now missing hundreds of dollars that are owed back to me due to their failure to deliver on a product that they sold but didn't have.

Additionally, the entire time I was communicating with customer service while waiting for the pot, they told me that they were going to do something for me due to the insanely long time I had been waiting for the stock pot. Although I didn't ask for anything extra to be done for me, it would have been appreciated as a way of acknowledging this frustrating situation but nothing was ever done. Not that I care, I just want my money back from this horrible company.

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details and reference this Consumer Affairs inquiry? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Charlene V.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Williams-Sonoma author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Browse indoor and outdoor home furnishings and décor online or at stores across the United States. Free design services and credit cards rewards are available.

• Services: In-store product training and free knife sharpening.

• Shipping: Front door delivery and Premium White Glove service delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items can be returned within 30 days. Customized orders are not eligible for returns.

Williams-Sonoma Company Information