2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (792 ratings)

About Williams-Sonoma

Williams-Sonoma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

Original review: June 18, 2021

Having accidentally taken a chunk of glass out of a Chemex coffee maker, I was desperate for an 8-cup glass-handled replacement that came from Williams Sonoma a number of years ago. My nearest Williams Sonoma wasn't stocking this model so I called Riverside Square's shop without success. However, this store had an extremely helpful sales associate, Ellen, who found exactly what I was looking for on the company's website and placed the order, shipping directly to my home. Ellen could be a poster child for great customer service! Williams Sonoma has excellent products and employees.

Hi Frances,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for the kind words for Ellen! We will pass your feedback along to our team. You are a valued customer, and we appreciate your patronage.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I contacted Customer Service asking for a product replacement after the product broke. It was purchased at the store (not on-line) and I did not have the receipt. After some push-back they agreed to send a replacement once I returned the broken item. I dealt with a number of people in e-mail exchanges and they all did their jobs very well. The experience was much more satisfying than I experienced with other companies. Kudos to Williams-Sonoma for standing by their products, hiring good customer service people, and helping their customers.

Williams-Sonoma response
Thank you for reaching out to us with your kind words! We really appreciate hearing from you and will
pass your feedback along to all departments in recognition of delivering exemplary
customer service. Thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to share your satisfaction and
appreciation with us, kindness such as yours really does make a difference to our employees!
You are a valued customer and we appreciate you.
Kind regards,
Kiesha

Williams Sonoma

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I recently placed a bunch of orders from Williams-Sonoma for bedding items. My complaint is that many orders came covered in a black, suety, dirty dust. Thankfully, many of the items had outer sleeves. I spent quite a lot of time cleaning them, as they were gifts. When you order quality items, you expect them to be clean and new looking. It looked like these items sat in a warehouse for years and were covered in dust....How could they not see this when they were preparing to ship? I did call and complain and they readily replaced some of the worst items. I placed more orders after this and some of the items....still....came covered in dirt. I didn't bother complaining, I was able to clean them up pretty good. Plus, it was a great sale price. I will still buy from them and I feel the customer service was very good, but please don't send as anymore dirty merchandise.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 18, 2021

Company sent gift to wrong address, wrong state. Would not correct, will likely need to fight charge with credit card company. Spent not less than four hours on the phone with various representatives trying to correct issue with NO resolution. RUN don't walk!!!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 16, 2021

Placed an order for freezable beer glasses. When ordering it did NOT say on backorder until after order was placed (I looked). Order placed in June. Said would be delivered July 15. Now that July 15th passed they now say delivers August 5th. Canceled order! Found same item on Amazon, delivers in a day.

Original review: July 14, 2021

My experience with Williams Sonoma has been one of the worst customer experiences I have had. I purchase three items as a gift for a total of 250$. 10 days after placing the order, they emailed me that every single item was back ordered for three months. Called to cancel the rest of the order and customer service did not allow nor did they care about my frustration as a customer. Better off ordering from Amazon or directly from the suppliers as Williams Sonoma does not care about their clients!

Hello Maria,

We are sorry your items went on back order as there is a supply chain issue nationwide. Please send us an email to supportws@wsgc.com with your order number and details and we will look into this for you. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 8, 2021

I’m a bit of a foodie and cook a lot! I’ve set up both my indoor kitchen and outdoor kitchen with very nice appliances and cooking products. In doing so I’ve bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Williams Sonoma including 2 Breville espresso machines, cookware, knives, mixes and more. I bought a Williams Sonoma branded Scanpan set (stupidly paying much more at the “outlet store”)….

One of the things I asked at purchase was if they kept a record and would help with warranty should an issue arrive and was told yes. So about 2 years later I brought the two pans in to get advice. They immediately began to backpedal, wouldn’t even try to look my record up and told me to call the “Helpline” that they wouldn’t do anything in the store. Frustrated, I called the helpline who said “you have to call the manufacturer directly”. I told her everything on the pans said Williams Sonoma as the manufacturer but I suspect they are Scan pan (later saw on bottom) and told her that yet she said “I would have no idea”. After several minutes of getting nowhere I gave up and hung up.

Walmart, Costco, Home Depot or any box store has a better warranty than this and their employees are more empowered and more helpful. Seems Williams Sonoma policy is to sell products at full retail plus, and then not support them. (I should have realized this when my first $1000 espresso machine failed and they were not helpful yet I bought the newer nicer version that day.) Buyer beware….I bought 3 cookware sets at the same time for my kids from Costco and so far they’ve had no failure but if they do, I’m sure Costco will help. I paid less than $200 a set for those. I will never buy another product from Williams Sonoma and on the contrary will try very hard to encourage others to go elsewhere. You can buy most of what they sell several other places with better warranty service and better pricing. Don’t waste your time nor money on this.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this experience. A member of our elevated support team has reached out to you via email to assist with your concerns. We look forward to getting this resolved for you.

Warm Regards,

Kimi T.

Williams Sonoma

Resolution response: July 22, 2021

After talking with multiple customer service reps, we were able to find a solution that worked for us. We had to do quite a bit of work to get it resolved, but in the end we are satisfied with the outcome. It wasn't the exact outcome we were hoping for, nonetheless it worked out. We really appreciate the work that the customer service crew online did for us, they were far more understanding through email than on the phone.

Original review: June 25, 2021

We purchased a couch at the beginning of the year and waited with excitement for five months to get our couch. That excitement turned to complete regret after half an hour of sitting on our pretty couch which it is just that. We could not get comfortable, tried adding pillows, changing positions and finally decided it had to go after one tv show's worth of time. There are no returns so we are stuck with the most uncomfortable couch we have sat on. We won't be keeping it since I do prefer to sit on the floor, I find it more ergonomic, than this couch. But it is very frustrating to have had this experience and lost a good amount of money.

Luckily for us, it happened right before we purchased an entire kitchen's worth of products from them. We're renovating, and the couch was our first purchase. We will most certainly not be going back for many years to come. I thought this was a good company once, but this has changed my opinion of them completely. I would stay away from their home furniture. Ours was made in China, took five months and looks the same as a couch from any other ready made couch from China with decent fabric. We have seen most of the couches in stores out there, and wish they had had a showroom. We wouldn't have made this mistake. Also their customer service is useless. One agent will tell you one thing the next will say that isn't true. Be careful, you don't want to end up in our situation.

Hi John,

We want you to love everything you purchase from us and we thank you for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Williams-Sonoma has finally lost my business; no more a loyal Williams Sonoma (WS) customer after multiple issues over the years with customer service. The latest...To ensure delivery by Father's Day, I placed an order on 6/5/21 for a Grand Grill Daddy Cleaning Brush over the phone because of a glitch on the WS website that prevented me from completing my order. I received an order confirmation by email. The estimated delivery date was between 6/18-6/21.

After calling today (6/14/21) to track the order I learned - unbeknownst to me, the order had been cancelled on 6/6/21 by WS because of "incomplete purchase information" as input by the phone customer service rep making the order appear as "fraudulent." There was no email (including in my spam folder) indicating a problem as they claimed. The item is now no longer available and backorders are not anticipated to ship until August. I rejected the WS supervisor apology and $25 gift card, because all I wanted was a Father's Day gift for my son who I haven't seen in over a year because of COVID. Enough is enough with Williams Sonoma.

Hi Lauretta,

I thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I ordered a Smeg coffee maker for $250 8 months ago. The coffee maker will no longer start. I called and inquired about a warranty and replacement of the item. I was informed that there was a 30 day warranty on the item (Which is not a warranty at all if you ask me). When I heard that I then asked if there was any way I could get a discount on a new coffee maker. I was informed that I could get a 15% discount on another coffee maker. After I refused the 15% they offered a 20% discount. I was and still am frustrated at the quality of the product and the effort of the associates and management. I had the coffee maker for less than a year and before it failed. I did not felt heard not that I mattered much as a customer.

Original review: May 31, 2021

The store did not have the items I wanted to purchase so an associate placed my order online on 4/23/2021. Items were estimated to arrive by 4/30/2021. Dinner plates and bowls arrived but not the salad plates, backordered they say. Today is 5/30/2021 just got off the phone with yet another representative as there was an authorization to my credit card. He "thinks" this means my item is ready to ship! This has been the utmost worst ordering experience that I have experienced. What makes it worse is that WS WAS one of my favorite stores! They never reached out with as much as an email to keep me up to date on what was happening with my order.

Hi David,

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I purchased a product from them in February. 100+ days later, I am still waiting for my order. The customer service kept making excuses and empty promises. Basically, they refuse a refund for an order they fail to deliver. Don’t buy from William Sonoma.

Hi Pattapon,

We are so sorry to hear of this disappointment and we thank you very much for reaching out. We have relayed your order details to our Elevated International Support Team for you for an order update.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: May 22, 2021

On 3/2/2021 I order the Breville Sous Chef Peel & Dice Food Processor, 16-Cup (**) from my local Williams-Sonoma store and received a military discount. The original delivery date was not later than 4/5/2021. On 3/19/2021 I received an update stating the delivery date was pushed out to 5/3/2021. On 4/15/2021 I received a notification from Breville, the manufacture, stating the product was back in stock. I contacted them and asked if this notification also included retailers such as Williams-Sonoma and I was told yes. On 4/24/2021 I received another notification from Williams-Sonoma again pushing the delivery date to 5/31/2021.

I called customer service as was told there was nothing that could be done and I could always cancel the order. I find this response completely unacceptable. I entered into a contractual purchase agreement when this product was order. Although only a pre-approval was transacted on my credit card and no payment would be finalized until delivery, I feel that it is vividly clear that Williams-Sonoma feel that they have no responsibility to their customers or their commitments to them. The store locations lonely care about making a sale even if it is an order that cannot be filled within the original delivery date. Whoever manages the backed logistics of these orders clearly do not activity interact their the manufacture unless they received a notification about an order.

After being a loyal Williams-Sonoma customer for more years than I can count, knowing that they sale only the best quality products, I feel that no longer is a reason to remain a loyal customer. They poor business model and support to the customer is below standards and only set the customer up and then bring them down. Instead of giving me a 4 week delivery date, I would prefer if they gave me a worst case scenario delivery date and delivery early.

I think the only way to show Williams-Sonoma's treatment of customer's is only to boycott them until their realize that customer service and satisfaction is a two way street. Keep the customer happy and the customer returns. If they can't learn that, then they should suffer and go out of business. There are other retails that offer the same quality products that do care for their customers. This isn't an isolated situation either, I've heard from friends and associates that they have also experienced similar situations from their co-brands, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Mark & Garam, etc.

Hi Randy,

We thank you for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Williams-Sonoma author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Browse indoor and outdoor home furnishings and décor online or at stores across the United States. Free design services and credit cards rewards are available.

• Services: In-store product training and free knife sharpening.

• Shipping: Front door delivery and Premium White Glove service delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items can be returned within 30 days. Customized orders are not eligible for returns.

Williams-Sonoma Company Information