2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

Williams-Sonoma Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I love Williams-Sonoma. I go to the store at the Alderwood Mall and it’s such a well organized store. The people that work there have the best customer service. And they are very knowledgeable and friendly. They have helped me several times, decide what product would be the best for me. I love their holiday selections, especially the cute marshmallow snowmen for cocoa. I always get them for our Grandkids for their Christmas morning cocoa.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Excellent service. Great customer service. Fast shipping. When calling customer service very friendly customer service people. Order salt and pepper electronic mills, they were on back order, the customer service rep gave me credit and I canceled my order. Went to store. Found it in the store.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I love the quality of their products at Williams-Sonoma. While expensive, I'm never left questioning the durability or reliability of their goods, especially cookware (like that of Le Creuset). Apart from such items, I also bought the cutest lemon apron with matching oven mitt and potholder, and they were on a clearance-type sale! I believe it was because the Spring merchandise was being moved out for the next season. The staff are only too eager to help you find what you need, and they are my first choice for all things kitchen and home decor!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

We went in for some place settings and the staff was very helpful and spent some time with us on looking over the different types of silverware they had. We ended up purchasing a complete set that was recommended. This was a very nice experience as we were not sure what to expect.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Went from a 4 burner Char-Broil to this unit. It is considerably better built than the CharBroil as is all stainless steel. Only a 3 burner plus side burner but plenty adequate. It has a built-in thermometer in the hood but better to use actual meat thermometer for accurate temperatures of whatever you happen to be cooking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 16, 2020

Online order executed incorrectly. On April 27, 2020, I placed an online order for a wok to be gift-wrapped and sent to my daughter-in-law for Mother's Day. My credit card was charged $117.94 which included sales tax and gift wrap. Shipping was free. About 2 days before Mother's Day, I checked the order in my online account to see the status of the order. It stated that the order was delivered on May 1st. I called my daughter-in-law to make sure she received the package, and she stated that she had not received it. I dug a little deeper online within the tracking option, and it said that shipping was delayed, and delivery would be on May 26th. While I was not happy with seeing this, I decided to be patient as most deliveries are indeed delayed these days because of COVID19. I notified my daughter-in-law about the situation and told her that her gift would arrive later in the month.

On May 15, 2020, I decided to actually contact WS to speak to someone about the order. I was still finding that my online account said the order was delivered, but on another screen that the order was delayed and arriving on the 26th. After waiting on the phone on-hold for 45 minutes, someone finally picked up and I explained the situation. I must say that the telephone rep got to the bottom of the issue.

So here's what happened at the Temecula, CA store where the order was processed: whoever took the online order and began to work on it, placed it in the computer incorrectly. They actually created a "return" for the item, which generated a "merchandise credit." This merchandise credit was sent to my daughter-in-law in the form of a gift card for the cost of the item, $99.95 (not including sales tax). However, the charge of "$117.94" remained on my credit card, which remember, included sales tax as well as gift wrap charges. When my daughter-in-law received the merchandise credit, there was no note attached to it, so she had no idea who it was from.

I cannot believe someone would make a mistake like this and not fix it; I understand mistakes can be made on a computer, but to let it go and not inform me and then continue to charge me for gift wrap that never happened, is totally unacceptable. I am still waiting for a credit to my credit card to remove the charges for sales tax and gift wrap. Totally unacceptable and it ruined my daughter-in-law's first Mother's Day. I am extremely disappointed. All I got was an "I'm sorry this happened."

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 14, 2020

I had placed two orders on a Monday for a total of $750.28. The transaction were in processing through my bank so I figured everything was ok. Wednesday when I checked on the status both orders had been canceled by Williams-Sonoma. I called to see why and was told it had to do with my billing address. I re-placed the order with the representative on the phone for, she gave me a 20% discount off the milk frother as well as changed the price of the espresso machine back to the sale price I had originally purchased it for (as it was no longer on sale). She assured me there would be no problems this time.

When I checked my bank account today to see if the $728.52 had been processed correctly it had not. They charged my account $902.52. Once again I called Williams-Sonoma. Sat on hold for an hour just to be told that the order had been canceled yet again. They then gave me another number to call which I sat on hold for another 45 minutes. The woman who answered informed me she actually was the one that had canceled the first two orders. I asked why and she said she could not match my billing address to myself. My bank had not canceled it.

So now with $1652.80 in holding she then asked if I would like to make the purchase again and she would discount me further to $691.02 ($37.50). I agreed because I wanted the products I had ordered now for the third time however now I have $2343.82 processing for the next week for an order of $691!!! Through this they never reached out to ask/check before canceling the orders. Absolutely crazy. Sad to say that Once I receive this purchase I will not return to Williams-Sonoma again. Sur La Table will get my business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 8, 2020

Williams-Sonoma has really gone down the tubes. I just called to speak to customer service to ask about an order I was having trouble placing. I waited for 50 (!!!) minutes; finally the rep got on. They must be outsourcing to Nigeria now, because I couldn't understand the rep-- bad accent plus something echoing in his headset. He asked me questions and I could not understand him so asked him politely to repeat the questions. He repeated the questions (with a mad voice over-emphasizing every syllable like I was a moron). Finally he got frustrated and just hung up on me! After I waited almost an hour to speak with him!! I would think with 35% unemployment in our country #1-- why not hire American workers! And #2-- if outsourcing, with all the people looking for jobs can't they find anyone more professional?! Williams-Sonoma gets an "F" in customer service!!

Original review: April 28, 2020

Horrible excuse of a company. Whenever I hear about brick-and-mortar places shutting down, I never feel an ounce of sadness or sympathy. They bring it on themselves by negligently failing to hire adequate, qualified people. Nowadays, it is impossible to find products to directly purchase in the stores due to the staff continuously failing to do their jobs ranging from keeping a close eye on inventory to the basic customer service skills of acknowledging and helping the customer and most all... knowing your products; what you have and don't have... what sells and doesn't sell.

Due to this horrible, unacceptable excuse of what they consider service nowadays, I don't go into stores at all! I've been purchasing everything online for nearly 10 years. I do two hour delivery for groceries. Within the last 10 years, I have stepped into a store... maybe 8 or 9 times... all types of stores altogether. I just refuse to allow myself to be victimized by the stupidity of the people working these jobs nowadays.

Anyways, I purchased a lot of potpourri (approximately $380 worth) from Pottery Barn online near the end of March. I applied the sale discount and confirmed the purchase. Within days, I had not received the product as promised. I checked the status of the order online and saw Pottery Barn cancelled my order. Pottery Barn did not communicate this to me at all; no email, no text, no call. This was the second time this situation happened, so I said screw it; not dealing with it again.

A month later... April 23, 2020, I attempted to purchase the same items again from Pottery Barn. This time I checked the status within two days and sure enough, Pottery Barn cancelled the order with zero communication to me. At the same time, I ordered the Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 from Williams-Sonoma. I paid for it using my PayPal card. My billing address and residential/delivery address are the same. I always verify that!

Within 24 hours, Williams-Sonoma cancelled my purchase with no email, no text, no call, no explanation. Through thorough investigation, I realized Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn, both, continuously failed to record the correct address. For some reason, their system kept replacing my billing address with an old one. The crazy thing is that per my check-outs, I always do a print screen PDF documenting exactly what I ordered, the price, delivery and billing address. And, everything I type is correct; correct billing address, correct delivery address, etc. Somewhere along the way after I do my part, Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn change things then cancel the order.

Well Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn... no more!! I'm done with your crap! For starters, it's bad enough Williams-Sonoma kept changing the delivery date for the Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1. The second attempt of ordering it, the earliest delivery available was June 30th! No Thanks! Even on the items I ordered three weeks ago, although at check-out it stated delivery within the next 5 days, when later checking the status, it changed to one item (a potholder) to be delivered within two days, another item (another potholder) scheduled for delivery in June, a pair of oven mitts scheduled for delivery in late June, the second pair of oven mitts scheduled for delivery mid to late July and Williams-Sonoma dish towels scheduled for August! What in the hell!!!

Sure enough, two days later, I received ONE potholder! It's hilarious! The postage was 1/2 the price of potholder... And Williams-Sonoma paid for it! Talking about stupid, illiterate people working these jobs now! I kept my calm and waited two more days and sure enough the rest of the items were delivered. But, following that purchase/delivery, it was all downhill!

I do most of my shopping via Amazon. Unfortunately, the Breville Combi Wave was not available. Thankfully, Best Buy had the Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 available to purchase. I purchased it via Best Buy yesterday. I've already received the tracking number verifying it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It's upon taking note of very identical issues between Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma that I realized they are the same company following a merger acquisition in 2015. That says it all. As for Pottery Barn, I'll just stick to Pier 1 Imports online for the potpourri. Never shopping your store again. Same to Williams-Sonoma. I have cut my losses... Never dealing with your company again. Buh bye!

Original review: April 19, 2020

On April 14th I placed an order for $367.58 with Williams Sonoma. On April 15th they charged my bank for $261.01 and on April 16th they charged my bank for $106.57. This totaled the $367.58 of my order. The charges went through as authorized. On April 17th Williams Sonoma made three separate charges to my account in the amounts of $367.58, $15.94 and $63.92 totaling an additional $545!!! I called my bank and was told the only way these charges could be removed is by Williams Sonoma because they are in pending status and Williams Sonoma has to release them. I tried to stop the additional payment with Paypal and was told they can't stop the payment because of a contractual agreement.

I emailed Williams Sonoma and got NO REPLY. I emailed again and got an automated response. I called and waited AN HOUR to talk with someone who couldn't help. She transferred me to her "supervisor." After several tries to get the supervisor to stop talking over me and simply listen to the issue, the supervisor told me I'd have to call "editing" which is their accounting department. I told her I didn't want to start all over again waiting an hour to talk to someone. I advised her that USAA told me all I needed to do was call them with Williams Sonoma on the line so that they could verify the fact that the charges could be released. Upon hearing that, this "supervisor" PRETENDED SHE COULDN'T HEAR ME! She repeatedly said "hello, hello" even though our connection was perfect. After a minute of this nonsense she said she was going to hang up! WORST BUSINESS EVER! I

Williams-Sonoma author review by ConsumerAffairs

Browse indoor and outdoor home furnishings and décor online or at stores across the United States. Free design services and credit cards rewards are available.

• Services: In-store product training and free knife sharpening.

• Shipping: Front door delivery and Premium White Glove service delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items can be returned within 30 days. Customized orders are not eligible for returns.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team