3.4/5 (308 ratings)

About Williams-Sonoma

Williams-Sonoma Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

The store does NOT put up notices nor do the sales associates inform that the food/candy is not returnable the time of purchase. When I tried to return the overpriced, unopened vanilla extract and 2 tins of the holiday candy (with receipt) I was informed by the sales associate that it was dangerous to take back food items and the store policy do not to accept returns on these items. When I asked where the sign stating that, she said it was on the receipt. That is bad policy and business practices as you only get a receipt AFTER purchasing item, making it immediately non-returnable.

Hello Diana,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry to hear about your store experience. Because your merchandise was purchased at one of our retail stores, we, unfortunately, do not have a record of your purchase through our Catalog and Internet Sales departments. Please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with a photo of your receipt so we can further assist you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I have loved this store for years and years. Over the last year or so I have been getting more and more disappointed. Ordered something a year ago that was not in stock and was backorder for a few months. Once that time came their warehouse canceled the order without calling us. When we called into support they said they reordered it. A month later when we did not get it still called again and was told that they were waiting on a call from us. WHAT???? Last item I ordered I received yesterday a beautiful ginger jar. It was on sale half off or a bit more. It was chipped and the jar lid was too small for the base opening. Called support to get a replacement and a return shipping package for the faulty product. Was told that due to it being on sale no refund or return. I want a product I paid for not a defective product. Don't think I will be ordering anything online from them again.

Hello Mark,

I am so very sorry you were misinformed regarding the return of sale items. Yes, we do have a 30 return window but there are exceptions to the rule always!

Please send us an email to support@williams-sonoma.com along with your order number and details. Thank you, Tammi

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I love Williams Sonoma and have spent thousands of dollars at their store. I tried to return an item with the preprinted return label. UPS could not scan it. I tried to reprint the label on WS website but was not able to do so. I chatted with a rep.

Hi Deborah,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Williams Sonoma

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I purchased 2 mirrors in November 2021 and 4 light sconces for a brand new bathroom we were building. In December mirrors arrived but 1 was damaged- they advised me to send it back and issued me a replacement number and assured me the new mirror was being sent. Fast forward to December 23rd no mirror so I call to see where it is as the contractors have installed my other matching mirror - entire bathroom has been built around these mirrors and lights and I am told sorry no mirror was shipped or will be shipped as it is discontinued.

WHAT?? When was someone going to tell me this - I was obviously in trouble but no resolution- They have over $900 of my money and no refund - I had to purchase to new ones in hopes they will fit in this space. I had to pay for shipping charges again and they refused to waive my shipping charges- still no refund for mirrors one that I returned and other I cannot use and they will not send me a return label. A large company and they are stealing from the public.

Hi Caterina,

Thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details and reference this Consumer Affairs inquiry? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Nothing I have ordered has ever been satisfactory. I am done with Williams Sonoma. Sub par products at overly inflated pricing. One run around after another, all the while saying "they care". There is a term for that, and it involves the backend of a bull.

Hello, Disgusted,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sincerely sorry to hear of the quality issues you are experiencing with your orders, if you could please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order information we would really like to make this right.

West Elm

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Nowhere in the store do they provide notice that the food/candy is not returnable, nor do the sales associates notify before the sale that the food/candy in not returnable. When I tried to return 3 tins of the holiday candy (with receipt) I was informed by the sales associate that it was store policy not to accept returns on these items. When I asked where the sign was stating that, they said it was on the receipt. Problem is, you only get a receipt AFTER purchasing item, making it immediately non-returnable. Bad policy here.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry to hear of your experience in one of our stores, it should be visible for customers to know that food is non-returnable in the store location. It is listed on our website, our returns policy can be found here: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/customer-service/return/?cm_type=fnav

Can you please send us an email to support@williams-sonoma.com with a picture of your receipt so that we can further assist you?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I order the insta Pot with an expected delivery date of 12/17-12/21. I went online to check the tracking of the item and now it states an expected delivery date of 1/6-1/10... no email notification or any communication from WS. I called to cancel the item and literally got the runaround and was told I could not cancel the order because it was in "backorder"...if it has not shipped then why can I not cancel it? My intent was to cancel and pick up at the local store but now I will wait and return it to the store but now I will include the Air Fryer I bought and the Griddle (total of $500 of purchases) and instead go to Sur La Table. I have spent a fortune at WS and after this customer service experience, I will not spend another dime!

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience, can you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com so that we can further assist you?

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Ordered frozen egg bites on 12/07, and requested a 12/17 delivery. Called on 12/20 to get an update and waited over an hour to speak to a person. Was told by Ashanti they have an ETA of 12/22 to their distribution center in Ohio, and that they would not give me a refund or expedite shipping so there is zero chance I'll have them for my brunch the morning of 12/24. Why wasn't I informed there was a stock issue prior to 12/17? Why is this item still on the website with "order by 12/21 for Christmas delivery", when they haven't even fulfilled my order from 12/07? I noticed there are no item reviews on the website today. I'm assuming that's because there are a ton of people who won't be getting their Christmas orders in time.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Ordered a prime roast from this company way overpriced on the 7th. With guarantee delivery on the 17th for our Christmas party, got told on the 16th that it wasn't going to arrive until the 21st 5 days past our Christmas party. Tried to get a refund. They refused And they're still going to deliver This $300 piece of meat and leave it on our porch when we're going to be out of state for a week. Worst company ever

Hi Justin,

I am so sorry to hear of this and I thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details and reference this Consumer Affairs inquiry? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

This review is for both the Williams-Sonoma and Mark & Graham brands. In both cases, please read the return policy. In both cases I was not refunded a substantial amount of money. The Mark & Graham issue is not yet resolved. I ordered on Dec 4th for a Dec 17-20 delivery. This AM I received notice that the delivery will now be Dec 27 -29. After Christmas and after we are no longer at the shipping address. In this case, I was withheld the shipping fee even though the item had not yet shipped! Really? I will never buy from any of the Williams-Sonoma brands ever again!

Hi Nadia,

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I paid $166.00 for the Thanksgiving side dishes. The packaging upon arrival said to reheat the frozen food in a conventional oven. Apparently you were not supposed to use a microwave. We heated the food and the mashed potatoes, stuffing and other dishes were absolutely horrible. We ended up throwing everything away. How could they mess up mashed potatoes? Absolutely terrible food and I would not recommend that anyone buy food from this company.

Hi Lynn,

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

A very disappointing experience with both a WS product and the brand itself. I ordered an espresso advent calendar from WS (final sale) and was unhappy to find that the capsules do not work in my Nespresso machine as advertised. I have attempted to review this product twice in order to help others avoid the same ‘final sale’ mistake and both times my honest and measured review has been ‘moderated’ per WS. As they have not provided any others specifics, I am unsure as to why they will not my post review... but as there are no other reviews for this product, I have my suspicions. It saddens me that a company I used to respect for both quality offerings and customer service has gone the way of refusing to stand behind their products on top of not allowing feedback that would help other customers.

Resolution response: Dec. 2, 2021

I got no help with getting this fish re-sent when it is supposed to be delivered by contacting Williams-Sonoma by phone. My email on Consumer Afairs did finally reach someone who did the right thing and is replacing the order. It should never have been this hard, though. I like Williams-Sonoma, but I don't know about ordering any more food or gifts from them. We'll see.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I ordered the Tsar Nicoulai Smokehouse Gift Set and the Beehive Cheese Sampler, both in the same order, to be sent as a gift to be delivered on Dec. 7th. I was allowed to pick a delivery date for both items at check-out. This is why I ordered from Williams-Sonoma. They made a mistake and the Tsar Nicoulai was delivered on Nov 30th (without the cheese). The recipient had no way of knowing about the error and opened the gift. I asked Williams-Sonoma to correct the error and send both items to be delivered on Dec 7th as promised but they want me to pay for it again. The fish could not have been returned even if it was unopened. This was to be a combined gift to be sent out for the holidays. Why do I have to pay for their mistake? I was grossly misled. I would have shopped elsewhere else if I had know this was going to happen.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry to learn about the error that has happened with your order. Can you please send us your order number at support@williams-sonoma.com or by responding in a private response?

Jeremy T.

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I made an online purchase of whiskey tumblers on the 20th Oct. On the 11th Nov I received an email from William Sonoma stating that the order was no longer in stock and I had been refunded for my purchase. Upon checking my Paypal/credit card notices there was NO REFUND. I contacted them via several emails, their online chat function, and several attempts to their customer service line which is a poor connection at best making it impossible to hear the customer service agent and I was also hung up on. On the 17th Nov my account was refunded in the amount of $16.95. Well short of my $100.75 full purchase amount. Again I contacted this company to try and retrieve my money to be told I needed to wait another 7-10 days before expecting a refund of the shortfall. Which I did and still no refund of the rest of my money.

BEWARE!!! This company is an absolute shambles or worse still possibly a sham! They have stores here in Australia so I am at a loss as to why they are completely incompetent and have zero service when it come to complaints. Not only did it take several weeks to realise they no longer stock the item I had purchased, but they did not rectify the issue with an IMMEDIATE refund of the FULL amount. *DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM ONLINE*

Hi Polly,

I am so sorry to hear you have not received the help you need, and I thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

WS does everything it can to avoid returning an item. Buyer beware! I tried to return an item which was used once and washed in dishwasher. Turns out item is NOT dishwasher safe. It was a Kitchenaid Meat grinder attachment made of metal. I made mistake of being honest and was told that "used" product cannot be returned. If I had lied, they would have ret'd as defective. Manager I spoke with (Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA store) refused to exchange, or credit until after some argument, then, to his credit, agreed to exchange it. He had the discretion to help and refused, then, conceded after heated exchange. Would have been much better experience if he just helped me from beginning. 2 stars for finally doing the right thing. But, it is clear that "store policy" is not friendly to anyone trying to return an item and rewards a liar while penalizing an honest person.

Hi Brian,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your store experience? We are here to help.

West Elm

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

My wife and I ordered a Wusthof 26 piece knife set from the Plano Texas store on 10/23/2021. The expected delivery was 10/28/2021 to 10/29/2021. Very shortly after that the delivery went to 10/29/21 to 11/01/2021, then 11/03/21 to 11/04/21, then it keep moving out. Meanwhile my credit card keep getting refund and charged. For 2 weeks I spend on phone, chat and email with customer service with plenty of "I sorry and we will fix." Each time a new rep with a new reason for the delivery issue.

Finally, I said cancel the order and stop hitting my credit card. I wanted to re-order but was told no longer available. Why did it take 2 weeks to tell me this? Why would the store order if not available. No had answers other than "We will do the best to make your experience the best..." If that is the effort then they failed. I was told Williams -Sonoma was a high end top service company. I was paying nearly $2000 for the knives and expected much more from the store. I need to go and make sure my credit balance is correct... Having around 10 charges and 10 credit, I need to make sure I am not owing anything. I would (and will) go elsewhere to get the products that you see in Williams-Sonoma...

Hello Scott,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry to hear about your experience, if you can provide your order information through a private response, we would like to research your order to provide you with some answers and help in any way we can.

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I purchased an outdoor furniture set for over $6,000. The cushions act like sponges, they are not waterproof nor water resistant and as a result are rarely usable. I have contacted the store manager, sent photos, sent a video and have contacted customer service three times. Today (the last time), I was put on hold for 45 minutes, no music, no check in, nothing- and then the line disconnected. I have now sent an email to customer service @ Williams Sonoma. This is unfortunate as I have been a customer for 20 years and I am assuming the company is affected by the labor shortage, that said - there should be a process to elevate issues as I have to spend another $2-3k to have cushions made or throw the set away.

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry for the issues you are having with your outdoor furniture. Can you please send us a private response with your order information so that we can research and further assist you?

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Waited over a month to get my dinnerware (all part of set). It finally comes without the bowls I ordered. Spent 1500 on the set and it was incomplete. I called and they said the product was discontinued. Absolutely ridiculous. No communication whatsoever on this piece that was discontinued. Would have never ordered the other pieces without a CORE piece of the set. What a waste of money. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I ordered a set of the Williams Sonoma Pantry dinner plates. They arrived and one of the plates was chipped. Didn't see the chip in the box so wondered if a chipped plate was packed in the box and no-one did quality control. I contacted customer service and asked that they replace the plate once I had returned the chipped one. They informed me I had to return the set of 8 plates and they would then send me a new set or I could keep the plates as is and get a small refund (worth less than the value of a plate). I decided to return the plates and get a full refund. They sent me a shipping label to return the plates and I taped it to the box and took the plates to the post office.

I waited for 3 weeks thinking I should soon be receiving my refund. Nothing. Checked the online tracking of the parcel only to discover that the post office had tried to deliver the box but note said that recipient not at that address. Did a little google search and discovered the address of the store on the shipping label was closed in 2019. Apparently they didn't realize they had closed all of their stores in Quebec and the nearest store to me was in Ontario, Canada. I called and they sent me a new Purolator label to return the plates....

I contacted the Post Office and asked that they return the plates to me. When I received them I affixed the new label and took them into Purolator. I tracked the parcel and contacted Williams Sonoma on the day they arrived at their store. Customer Service contacted the store and confirmed receipt and said my refund would be set in motion. I waited approximately 3 weeks...no emails from them so I contacted them again....and received an email that there was an issue with my refund and to call them. The issue was that they needed my credit card number re-entered. Not sure why this was not discovered when they told me they would refund me.

I was finally refunded approx 2 weeks later. I had also used a $50 gift card which they finally sent me the number and pin so I could reuse it. So I thought I would order the meat loaf pan with the insert that can be lifted out. Thought that would be a safe bet. Also got the meat loaf sauce and tea towels. Received it within the 3 weeks promised delivery time. Took out the loaf pan and the insert was bent and didn't fit in the pan. This is a heavy duty pan well wrapped in bubble wrap. My only conclusion is that it was packed that way. This was such a terribly frustrating experience....I will never do business with them again. They have such cumbersome processes to get anything done and don't seem to have any quality controls.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry to hear about your experience and the quality issues with your products. Can you please send us your order information through a private response so that we can see how we can better assist?

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I ordered a set of 2 nonstick pans, a set of knives, and a coffee maker all at a really good price using my gift card. Returned the coffee maker and wait 2 more months for the other items just for them to be cancelled. It was cancelled due to a “payment issue” when my gift card went through perfectly fine with the coffee maker. I called the number in the cancelled email and they were no help. They couldn’t give me an answer as to why the order was cancelled. After 3 months I have nothing, but another damn gift card on the way back to me. I am never ordering online and don’t bother calling useless customer service.

Hi Marcella,

We are so sorry to hear you have not received the help you need, and I thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details and reference this Consumer Affairs inquiry? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Purchased a serving bowl for $75 (shipping $11.99, tax $6.31). Total paid $93.30. Returned the bowl and got $68.43 back. What did the $24.87 pay for? It’s more than twice shipping and shouldn’t they return the sales tax if they didn’t sell anything? And why wasn’t the return cost spelled out clearly? Before or after the return? I had to find out from PayPal about the refund. Why no transparency from the company? This style of secret on the under refunding- can you imagine if they make money like this from everyone who returns something? Especially now during the pandemic when everyone is buying online.

Hello Pia,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

I have reviewed your order, and I want to advise that any merchandise returned for reasons other than company driven are charged a return shipping fee, as well as any original shipping fees paid, are forfeited. This is listed under our returns policy at: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/customer-service/return/?cm_type=fnav

I do apologize for the frustration this has caused.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

This is my second time dealing with the Williams-Sonoma PB Teen furniture delivery and they have one of the THE WORST customer service setup I have ever encountered. They are completely unapologetic for their mistakes, unaffected by the inconveniences they cause to your time and schedule, and they simply don't care to make your experience with dealing with them pleasant or even just courteous. Last time they had mistakenly sent my GC to someone else and it took them 6 months after a good 30+ hours on the phone with them over 20 phone calls to get them to give me the damn gift card that they had mistakenly sent to someone else. No apologies, no compensation for all the wasted time. Experiencing the same thing today with furniture. Wasted my time with confirmed scheduling of delivery which turned out to be a system glitch. Extremely frustrating.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

We are sorry to hear of your experience and that our customer service team has been so poor, this is unacceptable. Can you please provide us with your order information through a private response, or by emailing support@williams-sonoma.com so that we can research your order and get this resolved for you?

Williams-Sonoma

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Order myself a espresso machine to save time and money making coffee at home. I chose Williams-Sonoma because it offered fast shipping. Item came super used and broken! Called customer service and they sent a new one out that was suppose to arrive within 3 days. They then had me bring the giant used machine to UPS to be returned myself which was a big hassle because I am 21 weeks pregnant with a 12 month old who’s not walking yet. Still never got the new machine and have called 6 times now told each time that it would be arriving soon.

After I got an update again that it would be arriving later this morning I called and asked to talk to a manager this time because customer service has not be helpful the last 6 times I called. Was not transferred to a manager so I canceled my order and just ordered the machine with Amazon. I also tried to leave a review on Williams-Sonoma’s website with pictures of used machine sent in the hopes that maybe it would get the attention of someone who could help. Instead they sent me an email saying my review did not meet their guidelines. So disappointed and upset!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My sister ordered my birthday present (kitchen towels) from Williams Sonoma for shipment to me in Austin. Instead, a pillow case from Pottery Barn Team arrived. Williams Sonoma requires me to return the pillow case, via UPS using their packing slip and deposited in a UPS box or drop off, before sending the towels to me. I don't have packing materials. Don't know where the UPS box or drop off are or any reason other than to return this random pillowcase to go to a Williams Sonoma storefront. Williams Sonoma requires me to return the pillowcase before sending me my birthday present. I told Williams Sonoma to keep the towels. This isn't worth my time and effort. I hope my sister is able to get a refund through her credit card company. This is been a frustrating experience and it's all about a birthday present. Sad.

Hello Diana,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma.

I am so sorry to hear of your experience with our company and receiving the wrong merchandise for your birthday. I would be extremely upset myself, and I was able to find the order information using the photo you have supplied. I am going to reach out through email to get this resolved for you.

Christi T.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I placed an order back in Feb. of this year, after several I mean several calls I got one of the back orders in July, but my 2nd back order I have no updates nothing from the company as to where it is, so again I will need to call the company and chase down where it is, I will never online shop with this company again.

Hello Donna,
I’m sorry for the delay with your order. We’ve had several global issues impacting our production and delivery timeframes and we are sorry that this has impacted you and your order. Feel free to send a private message with your order details and we would be happy to look into this for you. If you prefer to communicate by email you can send this information to support@williams-sonoma.com with reference to ID 190272. We look forward to hearing from you.
Warm regards,

Julie C.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I purchased several items from Williams-Sonoma for my new kitchen. 2 of 5 items are not of high quality and not worth even half their sales price. Purchased a walnut block with knife set that was listed for $650 on sale for $350. The "walnut" block was made of regular wood and topped with a plastic walnut stain. I tried to return it and they said no returns. Item is maybe worth $100. So I wrote a bad review and showed photos of the inside view of the block and they said they would not post my review! Purchased a "cherry wood" cutting board for over $100 and it arrived cracked and not as pictured (some very light red/pink stain on a piece of wood). Tried to return it and never got a response with a mailing label. Customer service has been terrible. I will not purchase from this company again.

Hello,

Williams Sonoma, Inc.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I ordered an expensive scan pan in March on an online sale. I was told there would be a two month delay for it because it was on backorder. It’s now almost September and it still hasn’t arrived!!! Furious!!!

Hello Thea,

Thank you for contacting Williams Sonoma.

I am sorry to hear that your order has been so delayed, I would be just as frustrated. Can you please provide your order information at supportws@wsgc.com so that we can look into this for you?

Thank you for reaching out to us and we look forward to your reply.

Warm regards,
Customer Service

Williams Sonoma

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The worst online store it’s a Williams-Sonoma!! I ordered Philips 5400 on July, the delivery was showing September 1-3. I checked the order status and someone canceled it without my permission. I called them, their customers service is hard to reach . And they weren’t sure who cancelled it. And they didn’t send me any email about that. So I ordered again on August 4, and delivery showed the beginning of September. Today is August 20 and I checked my tracking info, and they pushed delivery to November 29!!! I haven’t received any email about that and we will move out from current address on November. So it’s a waste of time!!! And I can’t reach them to cancel my order… They are absolute mess. Order **

Hi Dariia,

We are so sorry to hear you have not received the help you need, and I thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@williams-sonoma.com with your order details? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchased Breville coffee machine filters online on May 2 2021 and was given a delivery date of 5/6-5/7 but it is now 8/19/2021 and I still have not received the items and am not able to cancel the order to get a refund on my credit card. I opened a complaint with my cc company but they received a letter from WS simply stating I am responsible for the charge. When I called Williams and Sonoma customer service, and after a lengthy wait, I was told they had to transfer me to their 'charge-back' team and was once again put on a lengthy hold after which I received a recording saying if I leave my order number and name they will call me back. Customer service is non existent with Williams and Sonoma and I will definitely find another retail store to purchase from.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Fraudulent order + NO REFUND - 3 weeks later! I have been a WS customer since 1983, in person at many local stores, and by internet. The order at issue was fraudulently placed (IDTheft), and I called the very day it was placed. I was told it would NOT SHIP, but it did. FedEx intercepted and returned the package (I never saw it). I was told it would be refunded within 24-72 hours of their receipt of the product. THAT WAS 14 DAYS AGO.

My last email to WS was 6 days ago, and they have yet to reply. The department that needs to create the refund “Editing”, has instructed Customer Service to “Take no action”. Furthermore, the “Editing” department will not take calls from consumers, nor allow Customer Service to transfer your call to them. There is an expected level of Customer Service from this company, and they failed miserably. As a bonus, the last person I reached by phone varied from sounding peeved to get my call, lost in a telephone script loop, interrupting me and rude. Nice, huh? Recap: the fraudulent order was placed on July 13th. No refund as of August 4th.

Williams-Sonoma Company Information