Williams-Sonoma Reviews

• 4%
  • 7%
  • 79%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Williams-Sonoma?

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I ordered 2 flower pots from William Sonoma on Tuesday, and paid the additional charge of $26 for NEXT DAY DELIVERY on May 1, 2024. It never came yesterday....and I've gotten an email saying it will be delivered today on May 2. I called customer service today and spoke to a man that put me on hold three times.

1st excuse was that Next Day means 1-3 days from the date I placed the order. I asked how can they say Next Day air? Totally a stupid answer. Put on hold. Then he said I would receive flower pots today and I said I'd like a refund for the $26.00 next day air I paid. He stated they wouldn't refund the money as it doesn't mean next day? Told him I would dispute with my credit card. Put on hold again. Said I placed order on 4:03 pm and next day air would have needed to be ordered by 4 pm. I felt he didn't really know what he was talking about. Gosh, Williams Sonoma has such AWFUL reviews on all sites that I wouldn't have use them and never will again. Amazon is so much easier and know how to run a business! I've got a call into my credit card company to dispute. Order #**

Hello Susan,
    I'm sorry about your experience. Please send me a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Suzanne A.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 2, 2024

After just being informed by Williams-Sonoma that they won't publish my review, I decided to find other places that will publish it. It's one thing to promise and not deliver, but then to solicit feedback in the form of a "review" and then not publish it, is really obnoxious. I guess these companies think that we'll just accept poor service and high prices.

Finally after waiting for 2 months after being told multiple times that the "ship date" was being revised, we received the All-Clad D5 Fry Pans sold via the website as "Ready To Ship". They came in a big cardboard box with no packing material. Just thrown in the box and left to rattle around like so much useless chattel. These are replacements for the Williams-Sonoma branded Calphalon set purchased some time back that warped and fell apart all while adding PFAS to our food. Those pans had to be replaced because Williams-Sonoma would not repair or replace them. This all comes after All Clad pans ordered in February that were "in stock" did not arrive until late April. Not sure what happened to what was once the premium brand in housewares. Maybe Laura Alber could find a way to peel back some of the comp and get the problems with the organization fixed instead. For us we're off to Sur La Table!

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I placed an order for a Phillips espresso machine on April 12th with an estimated delivery date of the 18th. I get a shipping notice on the 17th and it shows label created. It showed the same thing on the 18th so I knew there was a problem. I called “customer service” to inquire and was given no real information on the order. I was transferred to a supervisor which was very apologetic. I was told that she would reach out to the team and get back with me for information. I would hear from her the next day. I never did. The 20th rolls around and still no machine. I call and cancel the order to which the set up a replacement order showing a May 12-15 delivery. I cancelled that order and asked for a refund. I was told my gift cards would be refunded in 24-48hrs the credit card would be 7 or so days.

4 days go by and no refund, I call at 10:15 central time to talk to customer service and get the message that customer service is closed, they are supposed to be open. The next day a used/refurbished machine shows up and has a UPS address from FL like it was a return and they reshipped it to me, oh and still no refund. I call in and am told to return the unit and they will then run my refund through normal processes. Of course I am frustrated.

I speak to the same supervisor that did not do what she said she would do. I email her some pictures and she says she has released the refund for processing and I would see a refund on the gift cards in 24-48 hours and the credit card in 7 days. I also return the used unit to them. 4 days later still nothing… One of the worst buying experiences of my life. Horrible customer service with no care or concern for the customer. I guess I will write of the $900 + dollars since it seems that Williams Sonoma is not intent on refunding it.. BUYERS BEWARE WHEN SHOPPING WITH WILLIAM SONOMA!!!!

Hello Tom,
    Thank you for reaching out to share your recent order experience with Williams-Sonoma. I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. If you would please send me a private message with your order number, I would like to look into this for you.
    Suzanne

Price

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Purchased a Hestan Nanobond cookware set in Winter Park, FL. One of the most expensive sets in the store, only to see they dropped the price by 20% 2 weeks later. My husband went to the store with the receipt to ask for an adjustment only to be told by the manager that they no longer adjust for price changes within 30 days. Had I of known that, I would just have purchased through Amazon who also places these products on sale. Most high end retailers have better business practices than this. No longer will I be a customer of Williams Sonoma.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Will never purchase anything from you again. Purchased a cutting board in January and over a 3 month period Williams Sonoma sent 2 which were cracked and another which was the wrong color. Clearly no oversight in the shipping department. You need to properly secure and verify items before shipping; especially if I must travel to a UPS store to return items due TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE!!!! Who is reimbursing me for my travel time and expenses???

Hello Stevan,
    I am sorry this happened. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

Made an online purchase at Williams-Sonoma earlier this evening. The product was Calphalon elite pot. The price I paid online was $99 plus tax. The charge went through, gave me an order number confirm via email but when I went on to my credit card, I noticed there was an extra $20 charged. Created an online account and paid for the product. There was a stated free shipping which was reflected in my bill. When I checked my credit card, I was charged an extra $20, I called customer service service and they verified the extra charge. I was told that the $20 was for packaging the product and that shipping was free.

I wasted my time and Williams Sonoma wasted their customer service time to cancel an order. I will make sure that in every review possible to make this well-known to potential customers. From the tone of the agent on the phone, it was obvious she could care less about my concern. Whoever hired that person needs to evaluate them and their performance and how they handle customer service complaints. It’s a shame that William Sonoma won’t see any of my business, mostly because of the way the customer service rep handled my concern for fraudulent charges on my credit card. I will also make a complaint to my credit card company.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

I ordered a French Cheese Collection from Williams Sonoma and two of the three cheeses were substituted. I understand that it said that substitutions are possible but they should have notified me to see if I still wanted the order because the majority of it wasn’t what I ordered. I know it comes from the cheese company directly but I am still paying Williams Sonoma and if substitutions are necessary I should be contacted by Williams Sonoma themselves. I don’t feel that they are standing behind their product. I wouldn’t accept a brown pot if I ordered a blue one. I can’t even return my order.

Hello Michele,

Reviewed April 3, 2024

I have used the Williams Sonoma 25-yr. Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar for many years. Ordered a dual bottle of the Balsamic. When the original order arrived only one bottle was in the box. Called customer service who assured me I would receive the missing bottle. Nothing for over a week... no confirmation e-mail nothing. Called back a second time and this time received a confirming e-mail for the order. Over the years, these bottle would arrive in air-cushion tubes to protect the bottles. These past two deliveries the bottles arrives wet and sticky like they were in a case that broke. Nasty the way they arrived just wrapped in paper, with the paper sticking all over the bottles. I am very disappointed.

Hello George,

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I ordered 10 Easter Baskets for my employees and children. I spent 1300. I spent over an hour on the phone placing an order. I was promised the baskets of Good Friday. They never came. I called multiple times, and put in five hours of emotional labor with their front line and supervisors. They then promised me that the baskets would still arrive April 2nd as my people were expecting and that I would get a gift card for the full amount as compensation. The baskets did not arrive again as promised. Another hour on the phone and I was told that since I was given a refund that the baskets were cancelled. This was not the agreement. I'm more than disappointed. NO COMPENSATION. AND so much disappointment and wasted hours.

Hello Pamela,

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 28, 2024

I ordered chocolate and cookies for Easter. They arrived broken and it was too late to order from anywhere else. There was no effort to replace or offer anything else. They issued a refund but didn’t acknowledge that I now didn’t have product to give on Easter. A poor excuse from customer service saying the system doesn’t allow for extra compensation. Go elsewhere!!

Hello Sara,
    I'm sorry for the disappointment you have experienced. Please send me a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

I don't know what has happened to Williams Sonoma. Their quality has tanked to the worst (unless it's a name brand like All Clad). Dishes arrive warped. Other dishes arrived with the paint chipping off (non returnable because it was on sale). I finally threw them out. Now I receive Easter little cookie houses and they are smashed up and ruin from the ridiculous shipping technique. No bubble wrap and crammed into a tiny box. Never again. I'll to Sur La Table for all of my cooking and tabletop needs.

Hello Candis,

Reviewed March 19, 2024

I ordered a casserole dish in December and was sent several emails saying the “in stock” item I had ordered on sale was now back ordered and delayed until February. In February I received another email stating the same with a delay until March. Then in March another email stating it was delayed until September! I looked online and the exact same item was in stock! I called W&S each time I received an email and they informed me their online system just wasn’t updated yet…. Yesterday 3/18/24 I received notification the order was cancelled completely due to being out of stock. Guess what? It’s still available to order online. I called AGAIN and was told “sorry. I’m not quite sure what happened. But would you like to reorder at the regular price?”…. This is so ridiculous. I will never order or shop in person at W&S again.

Hello TK,
    I am sorry about your experience. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this. Please also include your preferred text messaging number; I will contact you directly if you like.

Customer ServiceCoverageOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed March 15, 2024

In December 2023 I ordered 4 counter chairs for a client. I attempted to get a sample of the finish option the client chose as these chairs are made to order, but was told none were available. The client elected to order anyway based on trusting what was pictured on the WSH website and the fact that I have never had a problem before. However, I have never had to return anything before. The counter chairs arrived on 2/27/2024 and the finish on the legs was not as pictured on the website. I contacted B2B customer service immediately and they asked me to upload photos which I did.

I received multiple responses from different representatives, one apologized and asked if I wanted a refund, the next (his name was Devan) said that they can't take them back because I've returned items too many times (as I mentioned, I've never returned any items purchased at WS or their family of brands). The next response told me that they were made to order and can't be returned. I have no problem with made to order but if you have that policy then you better provide samples. If you don't have samples then your depictions on your website must be accurate. Neither of these were applicable in my case.

Yesterday, 3/14/2024 at 7pm EST I received another call, this was after I posted a couple of reviews online. I submitted the photos again to the email he gave me.

As of this morning 3/15/2024 I have not had an update on my complaint. It's been almost 2 weeks since making this complaint and needless to say we are disappointed in the lack of concern and resolution. Please keep this situation in mind when ordering any wood pieces from Williams Sonoma Home.

Price

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I ordered two sets of Alton Flatware spoons about two months ago. Williams Sonoma raise the price on four spoons from about $80 two years ago now to $138.95 for four spoons in 2024. That is far greater than the most severe inflation. To make matters worse, Williams Sonoma charges $40.00 for shipping. I tried to purchase the spoons in the store to avoid the outrageous shipping charges. Although the store lists the spoons on display, the spoons are not available in the store. So I paid $300.00 for eight spoons. That's obscene. To make matters worse, Williams Sonoma still has not delivered the spoons.

Hello Scott,
    I am sorry for any disappointment you have experienced. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this. Please also include your preferred number for text messaging, and I will contact you directly.

Reviewed March 4, 2024

I ordered a front door wreath and was shocked at the size when it arrived. It was small enough for a doll house. I tried to return, but returns are not allowed. I tried to review, but reviews are not allowed. I would not recommend shopping from this company. I found the same wreath at twice the size on Amazon for the same price. No more Williams-Sonoma for me!

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2024

This outfit can't take orders or process them because of the garbage system they employ and the garbage people they employ. This company is complete garbage, and should be avoided at all cost. They should be put out of business as soon as possible.

Hello Michael,

I am sorry for the experience you have had with our systems and our Employees. I would love to look into your order for you and see if there is something I am able to do to help you. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2024

Only shop here if you want no customer service and no help at all with multiple false charges. I bought an item that was backordered, and every 2 weeks I get a new charge on my PayPal account. The old charges are never cancelled so they are all pending. Contacted William-Sonoma and they initially refused to admit the charges were even theirs, just blew me off; then admitted the charges were theirs but told me to dispute them with PayPal. Way to take no responsibility at all for your customers and generally waste my time. There are other places to shop in this country.

Hello Sam,

I am sorry for your experience with the charges to your order. I would love to look into this for you and see what I can do to resolve this for you. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Online & App

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2024

If I could choose ZERO, I would have. February 9, 2024 - I just received a product that I purchased on November 2, 2023. Williams Sonoma should update their website so that a consumer knows before they purchase an item that it is going to take 3 months to receive. Ridiculous

Hello Ro,
    I am sorry for the experience you have had. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2024

I purchased holiday gifts Nov. Mom & grandma made hot chocolate late night & was awful. $26.95?!! Called WS cust svc-redirected to retail store. Told I’d have to bring it in 45 min away for 1x refund!!!!

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I got involved with Williams-Sonoma through a Pottery Barn. Order placed to get my grand kids costumes in November 2023, that an invoice would not be issued because of a dispute we placed back in September 2022 through Capital One. We are responsible to pay the amount of $121.20 for failure of key rewards being applied. Williams Sonoma claims that we owe the money since the Capital One credit company issued us a Visa card that failed to work or notify them. (WS) from September 2022. The balance on capital one as of today February 2, 2024 is zero. On November 11, 2023, a chaotic day for me to bring everyone online/board to gain a solution and, BUT WHY AM I INVOLVED, with this as my frontline to deal with WS is Capital One credit company.

I explained to customer care/editing department of William Sonoma, It has been over a year (16 months) for 2 disputes that resulted in our favor with Capital one , BUT later Capital one decided to deny one of them, so we made a payment to Capital One on December 28, 2022 the amount $ 109.32 case number **. So I did Williams Sonoma a big favor so they can update their records. Today to my surprise, I got a call on February 2nd, 2024, from Williams Sonoma customer care that we need to help their editing department for the first dispute that was resulted in our favor by Capital One, BUT NOT ACCEPTED BY Williams Sonoma, Speechless of their treatment and lack of professionalism. I am needed to help them to do their work by harassing the customer after 16 months for $121.20.

Hello Mary,
    I am sorry for the problems you are having. If you still need assistance, please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

I wanted to place an order for $200 of cutting boards and towels. I was going to be charged $37 shipping/handling. Tried to have it shipped to store - same charge. Tried to change to pick up in store - the cutting boards could not go to local store for some reason and needed to be shipped to me at a cost of $37 for $60 worth of boards. It took 2 days and separate phone calls to corporate and local store to figure this out. The website was clunky and useless. I switched to Sur la Table which is sending the boards for $0 shipping. I was a longtime W-S customer and they have lost my business over excessive fees.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

It’s by far the worst customer service experience with any company, ever! I ordered a king bed and a queen bed in July 2023. As of today, I still only have a king bed frame without slats - my mattress sitting on temporary frames I ordered from Amazon. The first three scheduled delivery were cancelled the day before the confirmed schedule via a text, no explanation. Williams-Sonoma claims it will only delivery when everything is ready for the entire order. However, the next three showed up with random piece of my order, one with only the king bed frame, no queen bed; one with only the queen bed, no king bed. I called customer service many times, I filed a complaint on the customer service portal of the company website. The only response I ever got was when I posted on Williams Sonoma’s Instagram and someone PM me “please send your order number and someone will contact you.” No one!

I have talked to 7-8 customer service representatives. Each one had different information about what happened to my order and said whatever I was told by the previous representative was wrong. After I insisted on speaking to a supervisor, Lisa ** assured me that she would be personally monitoring my order and giving me updates. But Ms ** has since being MIA, not responding to my emails or phone calls. After the last attempted delivery on January 6 of another incomplete order, a customer service agent filed an official claim for me and assured me that someone will contact me within 24 hours. It’s been two weeks - no contact and no reply to my inquiry! It’s unbelievable the level of lack of services and lack of responsibility since July 2023! It’s the worst company among many I have made purchases. I will continue to post this everywhere until someone from Williams Sonoma, the parent company of Rejuvenation addresses my order properly.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

I ordered an Italian pasta crate as a Christmas gift on 12/18. Their site said delivery 12/29 which would be late for Christmas but I apologized to my daughter in law and explained it. On the 29th, there still was no update on shipping, so I called customer service. I was told it was a problem with the vendor and at that point they couldn't even cancel my order. I was told they had been having problems with their tracking. Then probably trying to make me feel better they told me they had other problems with vendors and customers that ordered Christmas dinners for 12 didn't get their meals because of a shortage of mashed potatoes, so their Christmas dinners were ruined.

I was told that they would give my name and number to the vendor and they would contact me. I was later told that this would never actually happen. I told them that the vendor wasn't the one that had my money for several weeks, Williams-Sonoma did, with no product to show for it and also if they had just let me know that the crate wouldn't be available, I would have had time to get her something else.

I asked to speak to a manager. After a long wait, the manager came on what sounded like a cell phone because it kept breaking up. Probably to get me off the line, she told me that she was able to see tracking and that it actually would be delivered that day. It did not arrive. A couple days later the website said it would arrive 1/4/24. It did not. I called again, spoke to a very pleasant representative. They did end up refunding my money. But that did not help the fact that my daughter-in-law didn't get a Christmas gift. There was no other compensation offered. All they had to do was be truthful that the item wasn't available by the date. Poor communication and several lies. Will not be ordering anything from them again.

Hello Lorraine,
    I am sorry this happened. If you still need assistance, please send a private message with your order number.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2024

Bought Soda Stream, on bottom of page it had a thing to add replacement CO2 bottles, so I did. Used the one in box with Soda Stream first. Went to replace it, new one Soda Stream on it, thought nothing of it. Wrong one!! Got stuck, finally got it out. Called Williams-Sonoma. Was told they will not allow return/exchange of that item. Pretty much too bad. I asked what am I supposed to do, lady was silent whole time. Hung up, tried calling back, closed. So I'm just out 200.00$??? IN TEARS!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

Updated on 01/12/2024: This review was already posted on 1/5/2024 but I do not see it in reviews. Perhaps because company responded that they would look into this issue and asked for order # which I provided. Nothing happened since then. Company did not refund money for my order: My credit card was charged on 12/16/2024 but order was not ever sent. It is about 60$. Not sure if Dragon is a person or AI but they obviously did not read carefully my review: I want the money back, not to send the order. On my account under ESTIMATED DELIVERY is saying: "We're sorry, a delivery date isn't available yet. We're committed to ensuring a timely delivery. Please check again for the latest update. Image of Olli Salumeria Assorted Salami Mix. Olli Salumeria. Assorted Salami Mix. Item #: 2147841

Original Review: This company does not stay anymore by client and customer service. I bought a salami package. Supposed to get on 12/29. I did not. I cancelled the order on 12/30. Was clear from website was not sent. Still did not receive the refund. I called again and cancelled again. the package was not sent. They told me is a third-party supplier and they cannot help. Stay away from this company. The notion that this is an open order when the supplier get to it is ridiculous. They did charge my card on 12/16. FTC violation.

Hello C,
    I am sorry you haven't received your order. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this. Please include your preferred contact number if you want me to text you directly for real-time service.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

I ordered a Christmas wreath on Dec 10, 2023 online through Williams-Sonoma and estimated delivery was December 20th. Here is it January 5th no update and no wreath. Called to issue a refund and they are refusing. Per their policy I have to file a request and wait another 7-10 days to see if I am eligible for a refund. They charged my credit card on December 10th. This is stealing in my opinion.

Hello Christine,
    I am sorry you have not received your wreath. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this. Please include your preferred contact number if you want me to text you directly for real-time service.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

I ordered some beef Wellington Minis for the Holiday. After cooking them, they had some type of black plastic on them. Come to find out, they were from the pan that came with the Wellingtons. Several of my guests had ingested it. OMG! I contacted the customer service and they said they can either replace them or refund the cost for them. I requested that both be done. The representative first informed me that she wasn’t able to do both but later said she would. Several weeks went by and neither the refund was processed nor the replacement was sent. When I called back the second time, I spoke to Nancy, THE SUPERVISOR.

Nancy was unprofessional and rude. She threatened to put some type of note/block on my account as though that would have some type of effect on a disappointed customer that will never shop at Williams Sonoma or its affiliates after her behavior. I didn't think that a representative for Williams and Sonoma, a higher end (or as they described themselves as “premium”) houseware store can promote a person to supervisor with such poor relations. She was completely rude about my request for a refund as well as a replacement, which I think is more than acceptable considering my guests have ingested the materials that were used to house the Wellingtons for cooking. I would think a “premium” houseware store would use “premium” packaging for their goods. I would think that quality control and audits would take place to discipline employees such as Nancy, instead she was somehow promoted.

Without an apology for the bad product, or a delay with the resolution, Nancy was an experience. Never again will I shop at Williams and Sonoma or Pottery Barn, PB kids, PB Teens, West Elm or Mark and Graham. I have spent over $100k at their stores through the years. They are really not what they advertised. They do not have a warranty on their products. Many of their designs are copycats from various companies such as Restoration Hardware and even Target. Customer Service is lousy at best. I would have never thought that contacting them for a resolution for a bad product, with extended ramifications, to be spoken to so poorly, especially by a sup. The representative whom I spoke to prior to the transfer to Nancy was pleasant but it’s really hit and miss with them.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2023

I ordered an item to be sent as a Christmas gift. When the item was received, it was placed in a box without any padding, thus the item was broken. I called Williams Sonoma customer service, and was told that a replacement will be sent immediately. They did ask me to return the item. I had to ask the person that I sent the gift to to go to a UPS store to return the item. Such an inconvenience and so embarrassing! Fast forward one week and a half later, no replacement was received. I called Williams Sonoma again, and was told that they were waiting for the returned item before they would send out the replacement. I guess I was lied to by the original customer service representative.

All in all, because of an employee, who is lazy, and did not pack this present correctly, this has been a nightmare. This will be the last time I will order from Williams Sonoma. They need to understand that they are not the only company that people can buy from anymore. Their customer service people just tell you things to appease you when you’re talking to them but they lie. This was an awful experience and buyers beware.

Hello Nancy,
    I am sorry for the problems you have had. Could you please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this?

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2023

I placed an order in early December and got an estimated delivery date before 12/26. Never received it. Called customer service and was ghosted three times like they literally disappeared and left me hanging. And then the other person was super rude too, making side comments when I finally cancelled my order due to frustration. I will avoid purchasing from their online store.

Hello Christine,
    I am sorry for the problems you had. If you still need assistance, please send a private message with your order number.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2023

We ordered from this company a complete dinner (turkey, ham and the sides). They said it was going to come in multiple packages between the 13th and 15th of December. We waited until the 23rd and nothing came. They messed up our Christmas. The funny thing here is that same thing happened 2 years ago for Thanksgiving and We decided to try give them a second chance. They promised a refund and they probably will. But we got in big troubles trying to find something for our table. I won't ever order from them again. I won't recommend their services to anybody

Hello Yuri,
    I am sorry for your experience with your order not getting delivered. I would love to look into this for you and see what happened. Please send a private message with your order number so I may look into this.

Williams-Sonoma Company Information