Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We recently bought a Whirlpool front loader even though the reviews kept mentioning mold and odors. I discovered that there was a water buildup in the soap dispenser so after every load, I remove, clean and dry the soap dispenser. The machine does a great job on cleaning clothes and I am following other suggestions on cleaning the drum from time to time. By the way, I bought my machine at Lowe's from the scratch and dent department and with a little negotiating, I paid half price! Good deal and so far, good machine. Good luck and remember to remove and empty the water from the soap dispenser!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have always liked Whirlpool products but it seems lately they are lagging in this department. My washer/dryer combo each separate I don't feel are doing the job they should be. Washer is the bigger problem. Softner dispenser not distributing the softner correctly and now I have to clean out after each use. These are about 10 years old now. Is not spinning all the water out and not at all sure if clothes are getting clean. Most of their products usually lasted much longer back a few years.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had the machine for several years when last week the door latch broke. It was made of plastic. I was able to locate a new part and found that the latch had been replaced with a metal one. I have checked to see if Whirlpool had a recall on the part but without success.

Original review: March 18, 2019

After much frustration and disappointment, as well as 2 huge repair bills with my front loading washing machine I sent it off to the scrap yard, still looking brand new, and went back to a top loading machine. I purchased a Whirlpool top loading, high efficiency, low water machine. I have had it for almost 2 years now and am extremely happy with it. I would highly recommend it. Fairly quiet and easy to use and takes very little detergent. It does not have an agitator so it is gentle on clothes. I know some users have complained about tangled clothes but, in my opinion, if it is loaded correctly this should not be a problem.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

With the many selection to dry your clothes accordingly to your load, 9 times out of 10 all clothes are dry. I've used every cycle there is too often so that I could get a better trusted value. Also it removes more lint than any other brand that I could think of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

This machine replaced A 30 YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL WASHER that died a long-fought and elegant death. RIP. The replacement is a total loser, starting with -

Whatever the wash is the setting for cycle, water amount, temperature, etc. is and whatever the load, the same amount of water enters the tub. Unless you are washing a load that is about one-third or less of the tub being full, there is not enough water for wash or rinse, thus requiring major human intervention to get what we got for 30 years with the old WHIRLPOOL.

I do not know, but this may be a problem with other machines, but when I called WHIRLPOOL, all I got was, ''The modern machines do not use as much water. Even though you are under warranty, if we send someone and the tech does not find a problem, you will have to pay for the service call.'' If the under-warranty service call is made (We have 11 months left.), and it is the tech's word against ours, then we are at war with WHIRLPOOL, with 15 or 20 loads videoed and narrated and a lawsuit against WHIRLPOOL like the one we did against Samsung and won for the premature failure of their $2500 refrigerator.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Bought an HE top loading washer 4/19/19. Oil leaking on floor from washer. Today, 2/12/20, while still under one year warranty, had transmission replaced. We have always purchased Whirlpool appliances. Not sure if we will in the future.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My Duet Sport washer drum is damaged due to the poor quality of the bearings. I replaced the Whirlpool Duet Front Loader Washer Bearing & Seal Kit W10253866, W10253856 but because the bearings were damaged the drum is also damaged. When I opened the rear panel of the washer the bearings had literally come apart and bearings fell out. All of the floor and the oil/grease was everywhere. I replaced the bearings but it didn't matter because the drum is warped. Priced the drum and it is nearly $400.00 to replace the assembly. The cost of the drum assembly is about half the cost of a new washer. I will never buy another Whirlpool product again. Just a shame that the cost of a replacement drum is so high. What caused the bearings to just explode and damage the drum. What did I do to cause this? Absolutely nothing. I have since discovered that this is has happened to scores of people with this same washer.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I purchased a washer and dryer stackable about 6 months ago. It is suppose to have warranty but when calling the first time to Whirlpool their system was down and the girl was rude and hung up. Today I called and the only time they can offer is work days Monday-Friday 8-5. However, I live in Texas and work an hour and half away from where I live. I have just been transferred here so limited people known. So in order to get my dryer not even 6 months old fixed I have to accommodate the hours available and miss work. The dryer just stopped heating and stuck on the sensing wet cycle. I am a single parent of a disabled son, so with this said a day's work is bills not getting paid. I find this unacceptable for a company as well known and one of the best not able to accommodate someone's work hours for pretty much a lemon. It was a brand new dryer and washer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Let me start out by saying that I had a Whirlpool washer that lasted me for over 25 years and done a great job of washing my heavily soiled clothes. One day it refused to run and I tried to get parts for it but it had become obsolete and no parts were to be found for it, so I had to buy a new washer. I chose whirlpool again and let me say that it was a huge mistake. This model is a low water, high efficiency, top loading machine. It has "nubs" in the bottom that agitate to clean the clothes. The first time that I used the machine, I found that I had made a mistake purchasing this machine. It does not clean the clothes and there is NOTHING efficient about this machine.

I have to run the washer twice to clean my clothes and they are still not clean. It leaves soap in the clothes and does not rinse them clean of the soap. What it does very well is extract water from the clothes during the spin cycle. This washer really turns up the high RPM`s on spin cycle. It has ripped apart several of my shirts during spin cycle. Whirlpool really failed badly on this machine. I see clearly now that Whirlpool is not the company that they used to be back in the 1980`s. I still have the whirlpool dryer that I bought back in the 1980`s and it still works very well.

To end this story, I loaded up this NEW WASHER in the back of my truck and took it to the scrap yard and I asked them to destroy it in front of my eyes. I wished that I had recorded the destruction of this piece of JUNK and posted it on YouTube for the world to see. I got over $450.00 of pleasure watching the crane operator completely destroy this pile of crap.

GREAT JOB WHIRLPOOL … YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER FOREVER. I WILL NEVER BUY ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE and will advise others not to buy Whirlpool products as well. I am a male, 62 years old and work hard for my ill spent money on your JUNK. Life is always a trial, live and learn the hard way. Warning to all consumers. Do not buy Whirlpool products ever!!!! Whirlpool can K.M.A!!!!

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

• Best for: People who want a hassle-free washing experience, families and professionals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team