Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines

2.1/5 (2929 ratings)

About Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: July 29, 2022

We purchased our Whirlpool washer in December, 2021. In May, 2022, it stopped working. I could not reach the warranty department by phone, and scheduling a service call online would take another week, despite the washer still being under warranty. I called an independent service person. The capacitor had stopped working so, the service person had to order a new one, as one was not available locally. The total cost of the the repair, which we had to pay out-of-pocket was $245.00. When I set the washer for Deep Water Wash, or when I set it to Auto Sensing, the washer disperses a very scant amount of water, and when it finishes dispersing the scant amount of water, the agitator moves the clothes around and no water is even visible in the clothing.

I finally tried to contact Whirlpool to request a service call. The website was down. I dialed the phone number for Whirlpool and after a very long wait, got to talk to a person who asked if the clothes are wet and clean after a wash cycle, and that the new machines use very little water. She explained that if a service person came out and determined the cause of the scant water was user-error, I would be charged for a service call. I asked how much that would be. She said $300.00. I told her if a service person came out and determined it was my error that the washer is filling with a scant amount of water, and presented me a bill for $300.00, that we would come to blows, and to cancel my service request. I will NEVER purchase another Whirlpool product. The washer we purchased is a lemon, and the service warranty is basically non-existent!!!

Original review: July 27, 2022

I paid a fortune for a brand new Whirlpool washer in March of 2022. It is now July of 2022, and it broke already!!! The repair service took almost 2 weeks to get here and they thought they fixed it but did not. So I still have no washer. Whirlpool will not replace it and has stated that I have to wait however long it takes to get the repair service back here in an attempt to fix it. I can't go without a washer any longer. We are going on vacation and I have kids to get back to college, so I have tons of laundry to do! This is the worst service I have ever gotten from a manufacturer. I will NEVER buy a Whirlpool product again!!!

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I bought this machine in Sept 2020. In May 2022 it stopped working. I called the technician recommended by Whirlpool. They charged me $293 for the diagnosis and labor, but the problem persisted. Now they want to charge me $536 to replace parts. So I'll be paying more than the price of the new machine to repair it, less than 2 years after buying it. I called Whirlpool, explained the situation and asked for help. They said they can't do anything because I'm out of warranty.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I’ve used the washing machine 3 times, absolutely hate it. It is loud and you can’t tell when it is on the rinse cycle to add downy manually. I called store to try to take it back after first load and told me I can’t return it.

Original review: April 2, 2022

My wife and I purchased a Cabrio washing machine and dryer, this is by far the worst washing machine we’ve ever owned. It hardly fills, even in deep water cycle. If you watch the clothes through the smoked glass lid with a flashlight, you can see they don’t even go underwater. The dryer seems to be fine but I would never recommend the washing machine to anybody looking to buy one.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Purchased Maytag Washer and Dryer online from orange big box home improvement store. Washer had a twisted drain hose inside so it wouldn't drain right. Fixed that myself, but it still won't drain right. The spin cycle is weak at best - towels require a second, sometimes third, spin cycle. The dryer does not heat up like it should on the standard setting. The end of cycle buzzer/beeper on both units is truly pathetic... you better be within 6 feet of the machine when the buzzer goes off or you'll never hear it. Having worked for a blue big box home improvement center for 7 years installing appliances, I know all too well the rabbit hole Whirlpool is trying to push me down. All I want is to return the Maytag and go back to a Whirlpool, but the not so pleasant lady on the phone with Whirlpool said all they can do is send out a technician, no returns on appliances. Buyer beware, be very aware!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

After 2-1/2 years we started having trouble with the spin cycle on our Maytag washer. We live in an area with no repairman. Whirlpool want us to pay just to talk to us. Now the timing's off. It will not spin out.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Both the washer and dryer make terrible screeching noise. The dryer only dries on time drying. The store I bought them from have been here over 7 times too fix them. They still are not fixed. Just a terrible experience with this set from day one, load one.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I bought a Whirlpool washing machine last year. Exactly after one year the bearing problem and noise starts from it. So I do not recommend this machine to anybody because of this bad experience and also high service cost.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

It's now Nov 8 and I've been officially dealing with this issue since Sept 26. This washer was installed in a new home. After less than 10 loads, my washer stopped draining and I was left with a load of towel soup for over a week while waiting for a service call. I still have the same defective non functioning washer sitting in my home and have been unable to do laundry at home in all that time. So far I've spoken with 2 customer service representatives. The first was incapable of scheduling a service call. She clearly did not understand how to operate the database used for scheduling. I was finally able to schedule appointment on my own but had to wait a week before the technician was able to come by. It was determined that either the latch mechanism or the mother board or both are defective from the factory.

The second was just plain dismissive and completely unhelpful. I sat on hold for about an hour each time before getting to speak to a person. I've also received two canned emails in response to my poor review of this washer on the Whirlpool website. They basically blame COVID for the delays and state the parts delivery should take 3-4 weeks. I was originally told 14 working days for delivery of the parts. We are already past both deadline with no end in sight. At this point, I'd like the defective washer replaced rather than repaired. And for the record, this was a new washer (less that one month old) installed in a new house that now stinks to high heaven because slimy, scummy water that will not drain out has been there since September 26. I'd really just like for someone at Whirlpool to honestly care about this and take a moment to address this issue.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information