Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines

4.0/5 (670 ratings)

About Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I bought a Whirlpool washing machine last year. Exactly after one year the bearing problem and noise starts from it. So I do not recommend this machine to anybody because of this bad experience and also high service cost.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

It's now Nov 8 and I've been officially dealing with this issue since Sept 26. This washer was installed in a new home. After less than 10 loads, my washer stopped draining and I was left with a load of towel soup for over a week while waiting for a service call. I still have the same defective non functioning washer sitting in my home and have been unable to do laundry at home in all that time. So far I've spoken with 2 customer service representatives. The first was incapable of scheduling a service call. She clearly did not understand how to operate the database used for scheduling. I was finally able to schedule appointment on my own but had to wait a week before the technician was able to come by. It was determined that either the latch mechanism or the mother board or both are defective from the factory.

The second was just plain dismissive and completely unhelpful. I sat on hold for about an hour each time before getting to speak to a person. I've also received two canned emails in response to my poor review of this washer on the Whirlpool website. They basically blame COVID for the delays and state the parts delivery should take 3-4 weeks. I was originally told 14 working days for delivery of the parts. We are already past both deadline with no end in sight. At this point, I'd like the defective washer replaced rather than repaired. And for the record, this was a new washer (less that one month old) installed in a new house that now stinks to high heaven because slimy, scummy water that will not drain out has been there since September 26. I'd really just like for someone at Whirlpool to honestly care about this and take a moment to address this issue.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a top load Whirlpool Washer and Dryer in April 2021. When it was installed I commented about how noisy it was. I was told it was because it was empty, but it will be much quieter once you put in a load of laundry. That did not make any difference. I called Whirlpool customer service and explained I had just purchased it less than a week ago and it appeared to be very noisy. I was told they could send someone out, but if they determined there was not a problem I would be charged a service call. I said the machine is not even a week old why would I be charged a service call shouldn't this be a warranty issue. Again I was told there would be a service call charge.

I am completely baffled at the customer service response. This is the first and only time I called. I contacted the store where I purchased both the washer and dryer and was told it should not be that loud, this is the first time anyone has complained about the noise level and there should not be charge. Whirlpool has terrible customer service and I will NEVER purchase another Whirlpool product again because of the customer service. I have purchased numerous appliances in my lifetime and have never been treated so poorly. If I could return both the washer and dryer I would not hesitate. I would not recommend Whirlpool to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Horrible experience with Whirlpool fresh care front load. Started giving problem within a year and their engineers concluded that it is to be replaced. And then the torture begins. First they took a month to come back with an answer that they will charge a 20% depreciation on the previous machine although it’s still under 2 years comprehensive warranty and further since locally they don’t have the same machine, they will give us a new model for which we will have to pay the balance amount. So a total of 13500 Rupee more we were asked to pay for a new machine against the faulty machine of theirs which was still under 2 years comprehensive warranty period. Matter is yet not resolved, it’s been two months now. I have written to their India CEO, service head and everyone. It’s not a case of poor service, it’s simply a fraud.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

This machine, like all other water sensor machines, will not let you wash a few items that are lightweight without filling the whole machine up almost all the way. The reason being is that if the items are light, they will float in the water above the water level and the sensor thinks it needs to put more water in and even with putting something in to "weigh it down" like a wet towel doesn't always work, nor should you have to do this. You will waste more water in the long run if you only have a few items to wash, ie baby clothes, underwear, rags, etc. I am so disappointed that I had no other choice but to get this machine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Very bad model Whirlpool washing machine. Pls don't buy any customers because from the date of installation it's a headache for my family. I have a trust on whirlpool company but now I don't have. The problem is in every water select mode the tub is filling full and overfilling from the top always room fully with water. I hope the machine is not sensing water level. Such a bad experience from whirlpool company. My review is genius. My date of purchase is 28/7/2021

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I'm 70 years old and always bought Whirlpool washing machines. My last one I bought at Lowe's and it is the most I've ever paid for a washer and it's the worst I've ever owned! Don't waste your money! Hard to get clothes balanced and it slams and bams like the old 1970 washing machines! Horrible!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

My washing machine quit working with one month left on the warranty. In trying to schedule repair I was never able to talk to a live person. Via chat and online scheduling they could not or would not come out for 10 days. Also they would not approve use of a local repairman who was willing to work on it in 2 days. Waiting 10 days for service on a washing machine is crazy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I'm very happy with my Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer leaves the clothes clean and has a variety of wash cycles and water levels and is quiet. The dryer also has a variety of drying selections for all clothes and heavy loads and it's very quiet.

Original review: July 30, 2021

This washer & dryer is the extra large capacity combo. Uses less water but surprisingly the clothes come out clean as a whistle. Less detergent. Sin all cleans clothes excellent & saves you money. A win/win!

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information