Whirlpool Washing Machines
1.20/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Whirlpool Washing Machines

2343 Whirlpool Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have purchased Whirlpool washing machine from A.K. Gandhi, Nagpur Vide. Invoice no. ** (JAYANT **-PURCHASER). Item detail - (LLP2187) WPL W/M STAINWASH DEEP CLEAN 65-GREY 10YMW 3110601162712159, Nagpur on 5th Sept 2016, since two days it was making noise, so I called service centre on 22nd Oct 2018 and he attended same, accordingly him gearbox has problem and needs to replace for which expenses would be around Rs. 6000. It's very surprised how can machine develop such big problems within two years of use. I have paid him Rs. 350 as service charge. Serviceman mobile no. **. You are requested to do needful and arrange to replace faulty part within early period as fault lies with company. How can company supply such machine, which develops problem within two years. This machine is in extended warranty period.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have read most of the reviews and it seems like I have ALL those problems with my Whirlpool Cabrio, but I also need to add that there is rust around the bleach dispenser and I DON'T use bleach. The inside is also rusted, but it's not visible until you take a good look inside because it's under the white paint but it's all around the inside. So I had to stop using the machine because I now realize what was the cause of the damage done to some of our clothes. We all need to get our money back and have this washing machine picked up and thrown away!!!

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My Cabrio Whirlpool Washing machine Model#WTW8040DW1 is the worst appliance I have ever owned. Wish I had read the customer reviews before buying this so-called washer from Lowe’s. It’s not even 2 years old & Whirlpool customer service wouldn’t even stand behind the warranty for me to return it! I’m so frustrated that I looked online tonight for a recall of this item thinking surely Whirlpool had taken the responsibility of repairing this junk that has been sold to a multitude of unhappy customers. We need a class-action lawsuit attorney to take action as this is a complete shame for what I thought was a reputable company. After mentioning this to a friend recently about my frustrations, she told me angrily how she hated the Cabrio & took it to the junkyard in less than one year!??

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Purchased a Whirpool Cabrio washer. We bought this on sale at a Lowe's and paid half the original price. Get it delivered and set up no issues. After about a week of washing clothes, there is a God awful smell coming from the washer because the water does not drain completely! I have used refresh washer cleaner to try and get it to go away. Most of the time there is no smell, but about once every other week, the smell is so bad it permeates through my home and makes it smell of rotten garbage. I do not recommend this washer.

The cycle times jump around from the original time it tells you and the smell is just so bad. The little tray where you put liquid detergent doesn't even have a way to drain the detergent into the laundry properly and after every wash I have to dump the tray out because it stays filled with water where the water comes in and causes the detergent to rise out of the tiny hole on top. You might as well just add the detergent directly onto your clothes. I use an excellent brand of detergent that has top reviews and my clothes still don't come out smelling good from this washer. I have tried other detergents too to make sure it wasn't that one. I wish my hubby and I would've never paid for this thing and gone with a different one.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I just purchased this washer Whirlpool Cabrio. I'm experiencing the worst with it because it seems to take forever for it to wash. I came to look at reviews to see if other people were having problems like me. My issue is when I put it on quick wash it seems to say 41min then to 56min then goes down again and up again. I feel like it's using more water as many times I hear it filling and washing. I didn't see anyone complain on that part but for the price it's a big headache and upsetting because I spent that much thinking you get what you pay but I rather have the old washer I had than this. If anyone has had this issue please let me know and was it an ongoing thing. Not sure if you can comment back to reviews but shame on them to see all these unhappy people and not trying to make things better for them. I wish I read reviews before getting it. Yes it looks good on the outside but is crap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I bought the Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer combo with max load capacity for comforters. This is the biggest set of junk ever. Where to start? There are so many issues, starting with the fact that nothing comes clean, no matter if I even put one small item in it at a time! The fabric softener dispenser is a joke. It runs straight through into your unwashed clothes before the cycle even begins. The dryer never gets the clothes dry on the first cycle. I find that I will rewash the same load of laundry 2 or 3 times and still not be clean and then dry same load 2 or 3 times. I wish Whirlpool had these shoved up their **! Never again will I buy anything by Whirlpool!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I purchased a Whirlpool wash machine and dryer from Home Depot 3 years ago. From the outset we had problems with both units. Wash machine spin cycle does not work properly, and that causes a problem with getting clothes dry. Some soiled clothes will not clean properly and have to be hand washed. Dryer rarely works on one cycle, towels and bed sheets have to be run through a second cycle. These are NOT energy savers. Garbage product, I will never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We purchased our Cabrio washer and dryer in 2012. In 2014 we had to replace the rollers in the dryer. Since then it makes a loud clunking sound and it has to go through at least 2 or 3 dry cycles to dry the clothes, sometimes more. The washer lid lock doesn't work very well anymore. Sometimes it won't lock so I can't get the clothes washed. It takes forever to get it to work. I'll never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I purchase almost four thousand dollars on WHIRLPOOL appliances this month. From: HOME DEPOT 114 FEDERAL RD DANBURY CT. Received the items a week and a half ago 9/15/18. I was told to exam item no scratches, dents etc. I did that and had them put in place. I didn't get a chance to use washer until the fourth day. At which time realized it didn't work. Went over to store and they gave me Whirlpool repair phone number. Called and was told they only repair Mon - Fri 8am-4pm. I work every day until 5pm and off weekends. Told Whirlpool repair just that.

THEN I TOLD by girl I was speaking to (Whirlpool repair) I COULD JUST RETURN THE WASHER TO THE STORE (Home Depot) MYSELF. I WAS FIT TO BE TIED. I told her, "What should I do? Carry it on my back?" I have never been treated so poorly. I just moved here from Florida, started a new job. I can't take a day off to have the washer that should have worked fixed. I will never purchase anything else from Home Depot if this is how I'm treated, and Whirlpool their customer service stinks!!! So now I'm stuck with a washer that doesn't work and a company (Whirlpool) won't accommodate their customer. (What's wrong with this picture???)

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A few weeks after we bought it, the washer was already having issues spinning out, and the clothes would have to go through another rinse and spin cycle. A bout a year and a half in and I had to replace the pump because it stopped draining. Even carefully loading the machine, and at least two or three times a week it would not spin out. Two weeks ago it stopped agitating "actually performing washing action" and spinning out all together. Last night I replaced the actuator which controls the speed or lack thereof in the spin. Still nothing. I've reset it multiple times, still nothing. At least the clothes are getting wet. At tax return time I am replacing this piece if garbage and I will never get another whirlpool, or Maytag washer again because from what I have been told by dealers and repair men; they are all garbage.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Bought these Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum combo about three years ago, nothing but junk from the get go! Washer never gets clothes clean, towels always come out smelling mildew and sour no matter what liquid soap you use Tide, Gain, whatever same results. Plus always mold coming from inside tub and yes we use refresh weekly and wash it out on refresh setting. I’m so tired of our towels smelling sour but can’t afford to buy new washer and dryer living on fixed income. If I could these would be in the recycling yard now. From everything I’m reading all new H e machines are crap and energy efficient my foot. I wish for my old style washer and dryer. WHIRLPOOL YOU HAVE LOST A LONG TIME CUSTOMER!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My $800 Whirlpool Cabrio top loader does not rinse the soap out of the clothes. Nor does it even get the clothes completely wet. After the final cycle I have soap scum in all the wrinkles of the clothes. Most dissatisfied purchase I’ve ever made. The one-star rating comes from the pretty blue digital displays. I’ll be purchasing another; this one goes to the dump where it belongs!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My machine has been ripping clothes for a few years but I thought, initially, that it was a snap, zipper or hook causing the problem. I recently got fed up and found this: **. It makes it pretty clear that it is a manufacturing defect. I called their customer service centre and spoke to a supervisor that told me it is normal wear and tear and that perhaps the glass in the door had worn out. Yes, that's right, she said maybe the glass has worn out.

They are offering ZERO assistance in what would be a $500+ repair for me. Admittedly, my machine is five years old and out of warranty, but to me, when the repair is to install an entirely new style of door so that the clothes no longer get caught underneath, it is a defect. 43 different models of their machines are included in this issue and it was identified in 2012, a year before my machine was made. Why didn't they correct it before that?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Do not under any circumstance end up with the Whirlpool fabric washer and or dryer in your dwelling to wash and dry your clothes. The washer, model # WTW7000DW0 and dryer, model # WED7000DW0. I am so upset with these units and the company I bought a 5 year extended warranty thru. I cannot put down in words what I think, because this review would not be published. Do not even accept these units, even if they are free. Even the repairmen who have been here said they would not buy these Whirlpool junk washer and or dryer series. They acknowledged the problem and said nothing could be done even though there is a legitimate problem. Not only is there a problem with the washer, the dryer as well has serious issues. All washes have to be put on the deep water cycle and some loads have totally dry spots on clothes where the clothes did not even get wet after the washer went thru the complete cycle.

Also, get this, this washing machine even has to be cleaned itself with a cleaning tablet run thru a cleaning cycle. What happens are the clothes get a nasty, slimy, white muck on them. Even, immediately after the washer gets cleaned, sometimes the clothes 32nd up with this muck on them again. If you do not see this muck on your clothes before putting in the junk dryer, then the clothes have to be washed and dried again. This washer is supposed to be efficient, not a chance. It gets costly having to purchase the cleaning tablets and the washer(28th only two people in the household) has to be cleaned a lot more than what the manufacturer says and I called and asked. Pure junk, do yourself and even your enemies a favor, stay away at any cost, and like I said, even if they are free.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I Bought the Whirlpool Duet Steam Mod#: WFW95HEDC0 in 2015. I have always wondered how a machine can get clothes clean with less water but liked the idea of the energy star and saving water. However, I found that I was right and the clothes do not get very clean. They do not even get all wet hence the dry feeling when they are done. I just recently got a little frustrated at having to rewash some things by hand afterwards. I started to pretreat and wash out stains by hand beforehand. That helped some. I finally stopped the machine after all the water was done filling it and it tumbled a bit. It looked like it was wet from the window but when I dug through the clothes I pulled out a t-shirt that was almost bone dry. Some of the other thicker clothes like jeans etc. had a lot of dry spots too. This is why the odors don’t come out and why spots and lines are left where the dry meets the wet. There just isn’t enough water get all the material wet.

I then proceeded to pour a pail of water in to get all the clothes wet. When I started it back up, it drained some of the water and I still had the problem. So now I get all the clothes wet in the sink before I put them in the washer. It’s amazing how clean they got and they didn’t have the body odors either. I think this machine would be fine if it could be reprogrammed to add more water for cycles. I know that would change the “Energy Star” but this water saving idea is bogus if we have to rewash and add more water to the cycles. At this point I will be looking for a new machine that doesn’t have the energy star but allows me to adjust the water myself. I do not trust these machines anymore.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

First off, took five weeks to get the damned thing delivered after buying it at Lowe's Home Improvement. Have problems with the drain overflowing when the washer tries to empty. Major plumbing work to rectify that. My complaint with Whirlpool is the washer doesn't work. It will partially fill and then stops. The wash light then lights up and nothing happens. I let it sit for three hours and the clothes never washed. It took an act of God to get the washer to empty. It never did spin the clothes. The washer refuses to work through the cycles. $1500 wasted on this POS! Trying to get an appointment scheduled is equally frustrating on Whirlpool's website. Never again will I buy Whirlpool!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought the Whirlpool WTW 5000DW1 washer and dryer to go with it. Within the first 2 weeks the plastic handle broke on the dryer. I've been using the corner of the plastic handle ever since to open the dryer. The washer is the worst washer I have ever purchased in my life. The tub doesn't fill up over the clothes half the time. It is perfectly balanced on the floor but it always bounces around and you cannot open it to rearrange the clothes because they lock the lid. The only option is to try to hold it and wait for it to finish or start over by pressing the button for at least 3 seconds.

I have had a few items get shredded by it and a lot of times the clothes don't get cleaned and rinsed properly. Even on 2 rinse option. Just the fact that it has a 2 rinse option is a big red flag. It is supposed to be a energy saver and water saver but that isn't true. If you have to wash and rinse the clothes twice because it has spots from the detergent still on the sheets, something just isn't right. Whirlpool shouldn't even put a product like this on the market. I have owned many Whirlpool products before this but this is the last Whirlpool product I will ever buy. Obviously Whirlpool doesn't test its products or care about quality.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We have just built a new home and have spent a ton of money on appliances. I so wish I had looked up the reviews on this Whirlpool Cabrio Washer before we bought it. It makes a very loud annoying sound through at least a third of the cycle (which I was just told by Whirlpool is the normal agitating sound). We have also had to have service out here twice in the first few months because some of the clothes come out dirty in areas that were folded over because of lack of water even on the high water setting. It also, ripped my favorite white blouse right in half. Trust me DON'T buy it, you will be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My review merely echoes the other 1-star reviews I've read below, but I'm including it anyway. We bought the Whirlpool Cabrio from Lowe's in 2013. Two weeks ago, a mere five years after purchase and shortly after our warranty expired, it broke. It kept showing the UL code and took multiple cycles to wash the clothes. Unacceptable. We called the technician; he came out; told us it was the bearing that busted; and quoted us $800 to fix it (I noticed below another customer was quoted $400 for the same issue). We told the technician thanks but no thanks and purchased a $450 Samsung washer. Our family will never purchase any Whirlpool product again. From their customer service to the performance of their machines-- it's all very much lacking.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My NEW Whirlpool top loader just stopped working. I bought it in June 2015. The extended warranty I purchased ended at the end of June of this year. Guess what happened a few weeks later? The thing died. Seems totally fishy! My parent's washing machine lasted 20 years. Why does this one die weeks after the warranty expired?

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased my Cabrio washer and dryer 4 years ago, my dryer doesn't dry completely, I have to do 2 to 3 cycles to dry. My washer has an f51 code and I have problems unlocking the lid and it takes 2 to 3 hours to wash. This is ridiculous and it causing my electric bill to spike. Is there a recall on the Cabrio?

Original review: July 24, 2018

Purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer (WFW75HEFW0) in September 2017. Have had 4 service calls on washer for not completely washing clothes, leaving excess water after cycles complete, excessive wrinkling of clothes even on non wrinkle clothes, odor on some clothes due to incomplete water fill on some cycles. Factory position since there are no error codes washer is fine. Asked factory to exchange washer and upgrade model which we would pay difference. Denied. Looking for another brand and will seek legal assistance in the matter.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer 5 years ago because our other washer died after coming home from vacation. It's just 2 people in this household so I don't do mountains of laundry. The other machine lasted 15 years so go figure. We purchased the Cabrio from Lowe's. Got the extended warranty but as it goes the machine fails when all warranties expires. Over the last couple of weeks this machine started to not complete a wash cycle. All lights go off except for spin light and machine stops.

Even asked the person in charge of washers and dryers at Lowe's about this who then told me to get an extension cord and plug it into a different outlet. Seriously! I have had to unplug the machine after it fails to complete cycle, wait 5 minutes or so, plug it back in, select rinse and spin, it fails again 13 minutes left in cycle, unplug again, plug it back in, select drain and spin, wait for it to MAYBE complete that cycle. Do not purchase this type of machine. Just for a technician to come look at it is $100 or more and to replace whatever circuit board is probably another $300 or more. Screw that! Going to find a good old fashion one if possible. Piece of junk. Not going to spend $700 or $1000 just to wash clothes for 2 people.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum washing machine: You won't believe this until you call a parts replacement place for tiny part. The plastic (or vinyl) lid hinge bearings are located at hinge corners of lid. Hinge pin passes through them, one on each side. Half the size of a penny, UNCONSCIONABLE greed at the price of $32-$33 dollars EACH when ordered from a parts place. IMHO, design by INTENTIONAL failure to fail after three or four years. As a result, the lid will not stay up on its own. Then you find out the horrible news which is an insult to intelligence. I'd have expected to pay maybe two or three dollars each, but NEVER the price they are demanding. They've got you and there is NOTHING you can do about it. At that rate, parts would run tens of thousands of dollars to replace the entire machine, part by part. These greedy clowns make car dealers look like reasonable people! The LAST Whirlpool machine of ANY kind we will EVER own!

Original review: July 16, 2018

We purchased this washer (Whirlpool Cambrio #WTW8000BWO) in December of 2014. It is now 3 1/2 years old and while the washer worked great 'til just recently, we now have to purchase a different one because this one will cost too much to repair. We did not get the extended warranty. I have since read that the Cambrio has had a lot of problems. Always check the long term owners and what they have to say about the item, would never have purchased this washer had I known what the problems were and that they even were having them they should have taken it off the market 'til they got the situation fixed.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I took the time to read the owner's manual, and then ran machine (washer wtw5000dw0). Using an affordable HE approved detergent (Xtra), I had no problems. If the washer doesn't fill or drain correctly, look up how to recalibrate it, was easy to do because I did that after transporting it. My clothes are cleaner, and I am using LESS detergent!

Original review: July 10, 2018

Two days after the one year warranty ran out on our front load washer it started making a terrible noise. Of course the Whirlpool warranty was no longer in effect. The good news I was sold an extended warranty from Nebraska Furniture Mart. Called the Service Provider and was told they will only service the washer if it is not working. After several more calls they scheduled a service call in 10 days.

We are a family of four, yes no washer is a problem. Finally the technician showed up and said the main bolt holding the drum assembly in place had broken off. He would have to order the bolt. It is now on backorder for 3 weeks. No washing machine for 4 people and now nearly a month is a pain. Not only did my calls to Whirlpool do nothing but the calls to the third party Warranty Company have been very frustrating. My call to the salesperson at NFM was very helpful, but didn’t help get our washer fixed. This is our second and last set of Whirlpool laundry pairs in less than four years.

Original review: July 8, 2018

This washing machine has been the worst machine I have ever owned - I have called Paddy's Market on several occasions to have a repairman come out and take a look at this machine, which they did - but the machine never got any better - it has never ever washed my clothes properly it's a piece of garbage - clothes come out dirtier than when they went in and sometimes come out dry. It's so busy trying to save water - it doesn't use hardly any - and forget doing bigger loads - I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL product again.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Purchased a new Twin Thin washer & dryer combo when I first moved into my new apartment two-years ago since it was a good fit for the space that lies inside my patio. Nothing BUT problems from day one since it DESTROYS/EATS your delicate clothing. Repairmen in and out could find nothing wrong with it. The problem lies in the fact that the so-called gentle cycle agitates at the same rate as the other cycles, but stops so that the agitation time is shorter, but at the same time the agitation no matter if it's shorter is still too vigorous for delicates. Under contract, so keep having repairmen come at no cost to me other than a complete waste of money purchase inclusive of unwearable brand new RUINED clothing.

Called the company the other day & was told they could SELL me a different one, but they would probably not pay to have the "LEMON" removed. Also, suggested I wash my delicates in a mesh bag which is impossible to do when one has maxi dresses that tell you to wash on the delicate cycle. Mesh bags are made for small items - DUH!

Repairman came again today, and was kind enough to make call to them. Later found that their response to him was that I was putting too much into the washer. Like no way, Jose! Asked tech to forward e-mail to them advising that they were more than welcome to come film me when I wash because that was NOT the problem with it. Already knew Whirlpool had discontinued this washer/dryer combo, but THAT fact was never mentioned. A lot of sites online no longer even carry the parts for it. Found others with the same issues on various sites relating to this now discontinued model which is akin to a Purana fish with shark fins. E-mail sent to tech that was here today asking him to forward my e-mail to whomever he made contact with today via phone that unless the situation is remedied that I would have to take further action. Now awaiting response from the main man tech or whatever his position is at Whirlpool.

Bottom line is that it is a LEMON that has not only cost me money, but excessive amount of time to resolve this issue not to mention time spent online researching this, that and the other concerning this discontinued appliance. Warning to all out there - DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL - UNLESS YOU WANT A HASSLE and a lot of BS. Found they already have an extreme number of lawsuits against them during my online searches. So, ball is in their court at the present time. Will be calling them the end of the week once again in order to get this problem resolved unless I hear from them via e-mail.

Totally exhausted from it all. Word to the wise: DO NOT waste your money on Whirlpool appliances unless you want more problems than you already have. I have health problems which are exacerbated by stress, and believe me this has been one of the most stressful and one of the longest things to resolve (two years) brought on by their lack of admittance that this DISCONTINUED product is a real LEMON. BUYER BEWARE OF WHIRLPOOL - I rest my case.

Updated on 07/12/2018: Can't seem to find this model anywhere now. Not to mention the fact that I found it not only "eats" my delicate clothing, but is also ruining my towels, etc. and I use the regular wash cycle for these items. You can't find my model #WET4024EWO anywhere; looked like they put a similar one out with a slightly different model # in which the drum/agitator differs from mine. Now find I'm having difficulty finding that NEW stackable model on the WEB. Leaves me wondering if that one has also now been discontinued???

They have given me no resolution to my problem as of yet, and I'm totally EXHAUSTED from it all. Have high blood pressure, a heart condition, and can't even sleep right anymore due to their lack of cooperation to solve this on-going problem which is certainly not helping any of my medical conditions either. It's causing nothing but STRESS, STRESS, STRESS and more STRESS! Will be filing a complaint with "The Better Business Bureau" by next week if not resolved by this weekend (if I live that long).

Updated on 07/17/2018: In looking at this Washer/Dryer Combo Model # WET4024EW aka "LEMON" again today after noticing more clothes which now have holes in them after being washed on the gentle cycle with the highest water level possible, I noted the size of the agitator. Bottom line on this is that the agitator also appears TOO LARGE for the machine which also could also be another contributory factor to the destruction capabilities of this now discontinued model. Also, inspected towels today and found torn stitching & thread tearing in those also; appears EVERYTHING you wash in this machine gets destroyed. In researching further on their newer makes noticed that the agitator appears either much smaller or has been removed altogether. Hopefully this will serve to aid anyone out there who is thinking of buying this machine second hand from anyone out there that is attempting to sell it vs obtaining restitution from Whirlpool.

Original review: June 28, 2018

After just 22 months I need to shell out $300 for a new microprocessor. My Miele lasted for nine years. In the olden days washing machines could last for 15-20. Do not buy Whirlpool, from what I understand it's a dying company...

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

• Best for: People who want a hassle-free washing experience, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs