Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2483 Whirlpool Washing Machines Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

After much frustration and disappointment, as well as 2 huge repair bills with my front loading washing machine I sent it off to the scrap yard, still looking brand new, and went back to a top loading machine. I purchased a Whirlpool top loading, high efficiency, low water machine. I have had it for almost 2 years now and am extremely happy with it. I would highly recommend it. Fairly quiet and easy to use and takes very little detergent. It does not have an agitator so it is gentle on clothes. I know some users have complained about tangled clothes but, in my opinion, if it is loaded correctly this should not be a problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Purchase at 2014 and still working and nowadays, they don't make refrigerators, washer or dryers to last more than 3 to 4 years. The quality of appliances, really such since the manufacturers are greedy. And after the 5 year Warranty expires, only Lowe's buys back the the appliances and Home Depot. Their Warranty specifies that you have to purchase from them to replacement of an appliances if purchased from them!??? Therefore I would not buy any appliance from them. A refrigerator, washer or dryer, you can take parts from each one and build a whole new appliance, which is very disappointing! TO ME THIS IS BAD BUSINESS FOR AMERICANS, not all people know this by experiencing this yourself and I let people know about my experiencing this myself, manufacturers should make products in The United States of America???

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Within two years I did have to replace the gasket on the washer. A wire behind the gasket caught on my load of clothes creating a mess and the whole thing had to be replaced. The washer is a side loader which I think does a better job of cleaning and uses less water, but if you have toddlers you will have to keep door closed and that cause mold and mildew buildup. Other than that I have had it for 12 years and both dryer and washer work well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We have front loaders. Far, far less damaging to the clothing than a top loader with agitator, would never go back to top loader. That comes with a caveat though. There is a difference you may not realize between the two styles. With a front loader comes a little maintenance. You will need to clean the washer periodically. Most all the stores sell the cleaning tablets and no, not all cleaners are created equal. I will only use Affresh after testing most of them. With a front loader there is always some water in the bottom of the drum, even after the cycle ends and even when it looks empty. So if you wash real dirty or smelly things, you’ll want to run an empty cycle to rinse out that leftover water or run with cleaner.

In between wash days you’ll need to leave the door open so it doesn’t mold or mildew. The door gasket/seals will show mold and mildew and or you’ll get a mildew smell in your clothing. The only issues we’ve had with these units were the learning curve on front loaders in general and with the dryer we had the water valve for the steam function stick open (after 5 years) but it was due to calcium build up from our well water, not a issue with the machine itself.

The dryer lint screen could be better. It is vertical so as the lint builds up during a cycle it drops to the bottom and accumulated at the bottom falling off as you pull it out each time to clean it. The lint catches on a crazy amount of extrusions inside the lint trap which also makes it nearly impossible to get down in and effectively clean all the crap out. One last thing if you're changing from top to front loaders. Buy the peristalsis, they’re expensive but it’s a pain in the butt to get stuff out if you don’t have them. Overall we’ve been very happy with our Whirlpool front loaders and would confidently recommend them to you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have had the Whirlpool washer for almost a year. It has multiple settings for different types of laundry, i.e. towels, bedding/bulky, colors. It is intuitive. My husband is able to put laundry in and is able to figure out which cycle to use. The tub is roomy and holds large items well. The dryer I just purchased in the last month or so. It matches my washer and so far I love it. It has very similar settings that match the washer. The lint filter is very effective, cleaning after each load is highly recommended. It dries quickly and is quiet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: July 16, 2019

We went out and bought the new front loader washing machine and dryer. Neither one of them works correctly. A service call had to be made the the day we ran the first load. The washing machine only washes errors popping up F8 and E3. On the dryer error code E3 pops up and cannot dry clothes. Worst purchase I have ever made.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Whirlpool washing machine was not a "good buy" at all specially after using it and seeing that over the years I had to incur high costs of maintenance. Over the months and years of buying Whirlpool front load washing machine, I had to replace motor twice, digital display twice, motherboard twice THAT TOO at a very high price every time something broke. This time the angle that supports the drum broke and Whirlpool says drum needs to be replaced. HOWEVER, after waiting a month company says DRUM IS UNAVAILABLE. Which means my machine has become absolutely useless just because Whirlpool does not have the spare. Whirlpool has a ridiculous track record with poor service and poor product quality. Manufacturing in one country and selling it in another WITHOUT SPARES is defective and poor service, totally unreliable. Wouldn't recommend Whirlpool to anyone.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We purchased the Whirlpool Cabrio washer and Dryer May 2017. First, this washer is SO LOUD! Honestly, NEVER had a washer that is this loud on the spin cycle. My second issue is, that when I wash my blacks, they have white "splotches" streaks on them. I use ALL clear and free liquid washer and Downy softener, so I stopped the softener, and still the white streaking. I've since will use the additional rinse on during the wash, but still leaves white streaks. After 3 separate rinse cycles, no streaking. This leaves me thinking that with the lighter colored clothing, there is probably streaking as well, just can see it - my conclusion is that the clothes aren't getting cleaned properly, or rinsed.

Another issue is the dryer. First, takes longer than all my previous dryers, even the set 110 mins for towels on high, still takes longer. My washers are not packed tight with clothes either - it's just my husband and myself - not a lot of washing. Also, I noticed a crack in the inside dryer/drum where it looks like the paint is chipping and cracked. I used some high heat touch up paint, and it did not help. Needless to say, what I thought was an good reputable product, turns out to be, not so good.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We bought a Whirlpool model WFW5620HW front-load washer at Lowe's. The unit shook so violently during part of the spin cycle that the Whirlpool-authorized service company technician said not to use it while parts were ordered. It seems the "balance ring" was not functioning. Parts ordered were shocks and tub assembly. The technician suggested trying to get a whole new unit, as the repair is so intensive he had only done one or two in his career.

Whirlpool customer service said they would not replace the unit, and an escalated request had the same response. I think this is terrible customer service - when there is such intensive failure in the unit, they should provide a brand new machine. The work has not yet been done - we are without use of a washer for an unknown period of time, since the order of a tub assembly is so uncommon that they do not have a time estimate. Needless to say, we will never buy Whirlpool again, and suggest you do the same.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We purchased this washer in 2017, it's the top loading Cabrio washer and it has been nothing but junk since day one. Purchased from RC Wiley in Boise and unfortunately did not buy the extended warranty because we trusted that this American company would make a washer that would last longer than 3 yrs. This washer barely washes clothes, leaves a residue on them since there is no agitator, also constantly gets unbalanced or gives and error of LF which means water supply issue when there isn't one.

My 15 yr old about has a heart attack when he uses the quick setting and his clothes aren't done in an hour and a half. I've even resorted to turning the thing on to just rinse and spin so things get done sooner, still the stupid washer just sits. I would sell it but I don't want to pass on the pain, so it's going to the dump to or to Goodwill cause it's not worth the headache. Too bad you can't trust an American company to make a good product. Sad I really wanted to like this washer.

Original review: June 23, 2019

We purchased the Whirlpool washer less than a year ago and are now having the 4th transmission put into it. We are also having the 3rd timer put into it. We purchased this from Sears and bought the extended warranty (thank God). One of the times the technician ordered the parts to repair the machine. The service center sent the wrong parts and we had to wait an additional week for the correct parts to arrive. The 3rd transmission they installed lasted a week before it leaked gear oil all over our floor. When you do get a service call scheduled it will get rescheduled to a later date. This happened twice. They also cancelled the service call once before they fixed the machine. If I could give a zero star for this I would.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BUY A WHIRLPOOL WASHER AND DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO SEARS FOR ANYTHING. Worst company to business with. I will say this that the service guy that comes out to do the work is a good guy. He stayed until almost 9:00 pm on one of the service calls. He's been here so many times our dog knows him and doesn't bark at him anymore.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Bought my Whirlpool Top Loader Washing Machine in May 2018. A week after the 12 month anniversary happened the machine stopped working. The machine was sold to me by Makro and at the time I was told the after sales service from Whirlpool is brilliant and they respond within 24-48 hours to have the machine fixed. I logged a call with Whirlpool South Africa Call Centre. The call centre confirmed their SLA. It has been 16 working days since I logged the matter. An initial part was replaced which made no difference. I am still waiting for the PC Board to be replaced on a 1 year old machine. I will NEVER buy another Whirlpool product again.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My 1 year old Whirlpool top loader is an absolute nightmare. It does not complete cycles. Stops all the time with various error codes. My washing comes out soaking wet. The pipes on the inside comes loose and floods the house. The machine stops all the time with all the washing clogged on one side of the drum. It is a 16 kg capacity machine but you cannot even think of putting 8 kg laundry in there. I will never, ever buy any Whirlpool product again. Cheap scrap! That's what it is.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I’m a 69 year old married man who has probably owned about 8-10 clothes washers during my life. I purchased my first Whirlpool washer about 1 1/2 years ago (Cabrio - model WTW8500DC2). It began leaving sediment on my clothes immediately, even though I followed the specific washing instructions. Whirlpool sent 3 different repairmen to fix the problem, each indicated there had been problems with this machine. None were able to fix the problem. When I called Customer Service for the 4th time, they refused to discuss the problem. They said there was nothing wrong with the machine, it was my problem, I must have too much “lint” in my clothes. Haven’t had that problem for 69 years, but this was their way of handling the problem. They refused any further help. I would discourage everyone from buying a Whirlpool product. I absolutely do not back their products. You are on your own!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

We purchase a Whirlpool washer model # WTW5000DWI, SERIAL #C842 43102 ON 10/30/2019 and it has been nothing but a disappointment. We are senior citizens living on a very limit income with several health problems, and cannot go to a washeteria to wash our clothes. We had a washer that lasted over 19 years and when the motor failed I figured it was more practical to purchase a new washer versus repairing this old one. We had a very reputable Whirlpool dealer here and was very helpful and recommended this washer and the price was in our budget! Was that a big mistake, it does not clean the clothes, does not rinse the clothes with using the 2 rinse cycle and still, does not rinse a load of sheets.

I bought a large capacity washer so we could wash 2 sheets at a time. Wrong! You cannot get more than a couple inch of water on the Deepwater cycle, so it's like washing clothes on a riverbank on rocks, it rubs clothes together. On my wife's good clothes it will cause little balls of fabrics on them, clothes does not smell clean, and if it's real dirty clothes, it will not clean or take the stains out. It's water efficient alright, it does not use any water!

It's for sale, and I have talked to a lawyer. Whirlpool customer service was no help at all/All they want was to send a dealer to check it out, the only problem if there is nothing wrong with it that will cost me min. of $125.00. Warranty will cover a manufacturing defect, not a design problem which is what this is. I will just go to small claims courts and get my money back and be done with Whirlpool, hell they don't care! I would buy any washer that is cheaper and has an agitator, without a water efficient features and is top loaded model. It does not pay in this world where large manufacturing companies don't care.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We were a Whirlpool family, and have been using a Whirlpool front loader – Duet Steam Model # WFW9500TW - for the past nine years without any issues until recently when it started to vibrate. Technician sent by Whirlpool blamed it on failing bearing and that it was cheaper to replace than to repair (In hindsight, I wish we had tried repairing). Naturally, we decided to replace with a new front loader from Whirlpool - Model # WFW6620HW. Our previous version had a max spin speed of 1000 RPM and a capacity of 3.5 cu. ft. This new one has a top spin speed of 1160 RPM and a capacity of 4.5 cu. ft.

The main problem with our old one was vibration, and this was being caused by the washer going into high spin while the clothes were not evenly distributed throughout the drum. In one spin, the clothes would spin perfectly without any vibration, but in another spin of the same cycle, the washer would not allocate that same clothes properly throughout the drum, which leads the drum to cause vibration from unbalanced high spin. Vibration is a problem, because like most Americans, we live in a wood frame house, and have a basement underneath with the washer located on the main floor. Vibration from unbalanced high RPM spin gets sent down to other areas of the house, causing damage, drywall cracks, separation in trims, etc. And these are all only the damages one can see with their eyes.

One point about vibration and some myth busting. Provided that all your washer legs are meeting the floor and not on a saggy floor, your washer should not vibrate more than it does during an empty spin. If it does, then it is due to faulty, poor design/engineering. What happens is when the steel drum becomes unbalanced with laundry in high spin, it starts to shake as more of the weight is on one side, which one can notice looking inside the washer window. There are concrete weights fastened to the top and bottom of drum to keep the drum in place and to reduce its shaking tendencies.

However, this weight also causes the washer cabinet to wobble if the drum itself is shaking. This wobble in turn causes the washer legs, which may be firmly grasping the floor, to very slightly come off the floor, which one can feel if touching both the washer feet and floor with their finger at the high spin of an unbalanced spin. And that motion of legs coming off the floor and hitting back at high RPM is what causes vibration to be felt on the floor and to be seen on the cabinet.

Of course, this effect is amplified with washers that decide to go into an unbalanced spin with an even higher max spin. When our old washer perfectly balanced the clothes, it behaved like it was running high spin while the drum was empty. This is how all washers should behave, especially in America where the vast majority of homes are wood frame based. However, that was not what we experienced with this new Whirlpool. If a washer is not capable of balancing out the clothes, extra function or feature should be deployed in containing the drum shake to within the drum, and not allow it to escape.

First, our old front load Duet Steam Whirlpool was Made in Germany. This new one is ‘assembled’ in America. The door window of the new one is plastic and feels cheap and flimsy, but I expect all the darker color door windows of newer front loaders to be plastic. Consider it cost cutting. We did not look for additional anti-vibration technology because our old Duet didn’t have anti-vibration features aside from its two springs and four suspensions. We decided not to use Load & Go because I have personally seen liquid HE detergents gum up over time, so I didn’t want to risk it gumming up inside the washer.

After the installers left, I spend an hour cleaning the outside of the washer to perfection. Sadly, time wasted. Once I was done, I first did a wash without clothes, and then with clothes in Normal, fast spin cycle with drum about 2/3rds full. Just pants and t-shirts. There is a recirculating pump at the top of the drum to distribute the water, and to also distribute soap mixed water. But I am not sure if this is without problems. These pumps can collect soap residue with time, and you will eventually end up rinsing the laundry with soap mixed water even in rinse cycle.

In getting to the first spin in wash cycle, I was flabbergasted to see how, just how rudimentary, I want to reiterate the word rudimentary, the load detection was before entering high spin. Our nine-year-old washer had a more comprehensive one. The new washer would spin the clothes at very, very low spin and simply see if the drum is most evenly spinning. That’s all. Compared it to our old washer which would also shake the drum to see if there was movement from side to side, because clothes can change their position when entering high spin. This rudimentary load detection causes the new washer to create an even worse uneven load distribution around the drum before spin, even though it may seem even at very low RPM. So, why is the new washer’s load detection so basic? I believe it is due to ball bearings.

Front load washer models from other companies employ ball bearings to reduce vibrations from uneven loads. Whirlpool does not employ such feature, at least, they do not advertise them. However, to my surprise, I hear metal balls hitting each other every time the drum direction changes during the wash cycle. I inquired Whirlpool about this and I received contradictory responses.

My theory is that the basic load detection before spin speed is used because Whirlpool assumes any changes to load distribution will be taken care of or reduced by the ball bearings of the washer. But this ultimately allows the washer to go into more uneven spins. The bearings may also be used to increase the tolerance of what is considered an ‘unbalanced load’ in order to get the washer to go into spin cycle faster, decreasing the time involved of the washer to go into spin cycle. Sadly, to my dismay, the new washer ended up causing a worse vibration than our old one with failing bearing.

I called up the retailer the same day of delivery and complained of vibration. He first sent an installer to see if it was installed properly, and upon showing the installer of the vibration issues, the retailer sent me a new washer couple of days later thinking the first one was a lemon, and even though it has less noisy draining noise, it too exhibited the same issues with it going into significantly uneven spin. In the end, we decided to return the Whirlpool washer all together, at a loss of $200 because the retailer did not hold up to their spoken return policy.

We have done many loads in this washer to see if our loading is an issue, loads of varying sizes, loads of varying types, loads of weights, and we maybe only had an evenly distributed load around the drum about once or twice. Once it was a King comforter. But, like our old washer, this too ended up not distributing properly around the drum in the final spin cycle and started vibrating, even though it was vibration-free in the previous high spin cycle. This proves that the problem exists directly within the washer, not the floor, leveling, load, etc.

Some other problems with the washer:

- The washer door, Load & Go dispenser at bottom, and single load dispenser at top are all plastic parts which all vibrate significantly during fast spin cycle. Especially the Load & Go dispenser which keeps hitting the cabinet to make banging noise.
- Drain sounds are much, much louder than our previous Duet. It was even louder in the first one we received. Combine this to uneven spins and this washer can perhaps compete with an engine in terms of the sound it generates.
- Single use dispenser at top left will hit the washer door if washer door is opened when the dispenser is also in open position.
- Buttons are sometimes unresponsive, to which I have to power off and try again. But this has only happened a couple of times.

- There is a small ¼ in. opening where the steel drum meets the rubber gasket, opening in which items like coins, etc., may fall through and are irretrievable. Don’t think small socks would be affected.

To potential buyers, I suggest you proceed with caution when it comes to this washer. Understand the retailer’s appliance return policy and make sure it is shown in paper. It can save you a lot of headache. Get the extended warranty of three years because manufacturers only give you one-year warranty for a reason. I would also suggest that you avoid this washer at all costs if you have any floor level below where this washer is to be installed, especially if the level below is a basement. Your house is more important and more valuable than a $1000 washer.

In the end, I am very disappointed in Whirlpool, an American company. Perhaps Whirlpool focuses their attention on top loaders, not front loaders. But Whirlpool had nine years to improve their washers, and it is sad that we may now have to go outside of America for a quality product to be used in American homes. P.S. No solicitation please, Whirlpool. This washer is in the process of being returned. P.S.S. I already posted this review in Whirlpool's website, and it is under 'moderation'.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Have always bought Whirlpool appliances and never had a problem like this. Open the door on the top loading washer and it's rusting out. I am having to buy a new one but considering other brands. No complaints about the matching Dryer.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We purchased the model WFC7500VW, 24” washer and accompanying dryer in June of 2015. Within a couple of months, the water pump went; also we continually had to take the front panel off and clean out the filter when we get an A11 code! Now we experienced an F06 code... This code means the washer can’t go into high speed. The repairman (Whirlpool recommended), told us that a new tachometer motor, etc would run $500-$800 with labor! He also said that the noise the drum made was bad. My dryer works fine (only complaint is the grinding noise it makes, which Whirlpool told me is normal)... I would like to purchase a new washer, but don’t know what will fit under the dryer. I do not want ANY Whirlpool product!

Resolution response: April 26, 2019

They contacted me to replace the washer. And the uninstall/install will be at my own cost. It's more generous than I expected. I thought they would send another technician and make everything go back and forth. This solution does save my time. I hope the new machine won't have all the series of issues.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Bought the washer in Sep 2017, and it’s been repaired for 5 times. When it passes warranty, I paid for repair out of my own pocket. I find it so unfair to pay for the frequent issues. It must be something wrong with the model. So I talked to their customer service and I explain to them about the situation. I was very pissed off and I asked the representative, "Do you think it reasonable for me to keep paying for this? It’s never been fixed for good." And she said “Yes, it’s reasonbale...” I filed a complaint to BBB, they get back to me days later and the executive manager granted me two year extended warranty. I was pretty satisfied about it.

One day after receiving the warranty, the washer was broken again. And a Whirlpool technician came to check and said nothing to be replaced, and he cleaned up the clogged item and left. In the same evening, it’s not functioning again, and I called back for service again. During the time, the washer just sat there. Same guy came and this time he told me to go get a new machine. It’s totally broken, not worth repairing it. I was so shocked. I’m trying to get a new one. But after I’m telling this story to my friends, they said it’s so fishy. You should go after them. And then I tried to talk with Whirlpool about this issue, they ignore me and transfer me from one department to another department and they don’t let me see the technician report.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I thought this was a nice high end washer and dryer set but it does not clean even wet mud. The mud just smears onto other parts of the clothes. My dog had an accident on her blanket so I threw only her blanket in on deep water setting, this is a large capacity washer and not a large blanket, the accident was still on her blanket when the cycle was finished. I had to rewash for another long cycle. Maybe it's because it doesn't have an agitator. I was worried about this when I bought it and I will never by one again.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I purchased a Whirlpool washing machine in 2016 and have had nothing but trouble with it. The buttons on the front, the start button in particular, constantly break or get stuck meaning I am unable to use it for days at a time. When speaking to the customer service department, they told me "not to be so heavy handed". Not only was this incredibly rude, but also not the reason for it breaking. I am always careful with my belongings and after realizing how temperamental this machine was, I was extra cautious every time I used it. The start button has now broken for a 5th time and the dial is stuck on one setting (which does not get anything clean!!!) Terrible, cheap machine.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Just about three years old our washing machine started making a horrible noise and soon after a horrible smell. Won’t complete spin and dry. The bearing inside the drum has failed. The pump is making an unusual noise. I see a lot of reviews about this product. I find it strange that it appears to have a good rating at all the advertisers but in reality it’s really a horrible machine. Shame on Whirlpool for our landfills, dumps and recycle bins with absolute garbage plastic and metal Has to be recycled. We have only disposable garbage for appliances.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I purchased this machine from Sears on 04/23/2016 and have had nothing but problems and issues with it. It is loud and makes different sounds every time I use it. It has overfilled and underfilled with water a few times, the machine shuts down while washing and I have had to restart the machine. Half the time the clothes come out covered in soap and I have to put them through another rinse cycle. My bedding always has to either go through a second rinse cycle due to being covered in soap or I have to rewash it because it is all packaged together in the fitted sheet and never got washed. During the spin cycle it sounds like it is getting ready launch into outer space and it vibrates excessively. On numerous occasions I have had to untie my clothes as they are tied in knots. There have been times that I had to put the clothes through another spin cycle because the clothes contained too much water.

The final straw was last week (03/27/2019). I washed my sheets and they came out bundled up in the fitted sheet full of soap stains and I had to rewash them. When the sheets were done I put the comforter in the wash and started to clean the house. When I went into the laundry room the washer was not running but the wash light was on so I opened the lid and felt the comforter and found it to be dry. I closed the lid and pushed the start button. After a few seconds the washer shifted to rinse without even washing the comforter. When the washer stopped running and the ready light came on I removed the comforter, unplugged the machine, shut off the water, disconnected the water hoses, placed the machine on a dolly and took it to my scrap pile. I could not find any Whirlpool washers with any good reviews so I purchased a Speed Queen with a 5 year parts and labor warranty.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have always liked Whirlpool products but it seems lately they are lagging in this department. My washer/dryer combo each separate I don't feel are doing the job they should be. Washer is the bigger problem. Softner dispenser not distributing the softner correctly and now I have to clean out after each use. These are about 10 years old now. Is not spinning all the water out and not at all sure if clothes are getting clean. Most of their products usually lasted much longer back a few years.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had the machine for several years when last week the door latch broke. It was made of plastic. I was able to locate a new part and found that the latch had been replaced with a metal one. I have checked to see if Whirlpool had a recall on the part but without success.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a washer made by Amana/Whirlpool in 12/18 that died on 3/19... I had a Whirlpool certified repair person out who told me that the machine’s motherboard was broken and would cost more to repair than the machine cost. I bought a new machine and had the old one hauled off, assuming since I had registered it, kept the model and serial number, and had the dates it was delivered, serviced, then hauled away I would be able to get a refund from the company.

Wrong. They require physical possession of the machine to issue a refund, which I assume is a way to ensure that they never have to issue refunds - who would keep a broken appliance around? I’ve filed with BBB and they still refuse to issue a refund, which offends me, because it suggests they think I am lying to them. I’ll never buy anything from Whirlpool again and would suggest that you save yourself a hassle and not purchase their products in the future.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I'm happy with my 9 year old purchase. They are front loaders and they sit too low for my comfort. The available pedestals cost hundreds of dollars for a pair...that I do not want to spend. I have not had any repairs needed.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Had washer since 2016. Have NEVER washed a load where there was not a problem from washer dancing to having clothes come out without water ever touching them. Would NEVER recommend Whirlpool! Tried to contact Whirlpool website to register a rating & even their website is defective - could not get through after several attempts.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We've had this washer for about 9 months now. We noticed that the loads being washed small or large weren't coming out clean. When wash cycle finished items were covered in soap residue and or had large dry spots where water had never touched the area. When our sheets were washed in bulky/sheet cycle and deep water this happened. Maytag sent out repair person to find the water pump went bad, pump was replaced. After repair same bad washing results as stated previously. Maytag then sent out repair person for the second time.

This time the main electrical board was replaced. Still after two repairs wash loads are still coming out dirty, soapy, dry in spots in any of the selected wash cycles large or small. Third call to Maytag and a third scheduled repair date coming up in a few day. Over the phone the Maytag employee only words of wisdom was, "Did you buy the extended warranty." So unless there is a third failure I believe that this washer is just a poor design.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We bought model # WTW5000DW2 Whirlpool top loader. The sensor for water level continually bangs until the water reaches its required level!! Very annoying! I like that it doesn’t have an agitator but that’s it. I’d rather be able to pick my own water level. It also is a very slow process!! I would not recommend this machine unless it is going into a sound proof room.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

• Best for: People who want a hassle-free washing experience, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs