Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines

2.1/5 (2940 ratings)

About Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Whirlpool 3.9 cu ft top loading WTW4950 - This is the worst-designed washing machine ever! The auto-sensing option for wash and rinse water levels never adds enough water to come close to covering clothes etc. So, I must stand by the washing machine to wait until the end of the fill cycle, then manually add between 2 - 10 more gallons of water. Which of course is ridiculous and a complete waste of time. The only way to get enough water is to select the deep water option, which kind of defeats the purpose of auto-sensing the water level so too much water isn't added.

There is not a fabric softener reservoir or dispenser. So... wait for it... You have to keep checking for the tub to completely fill during the rinse cycle, hit pause, open the lid, add fabric softener, close lid, hit resume. Now, if each cycle was consistently the same length of time and the water fill time was the same, one could in theory set a timer, but they aren't. I happen to be lucky enough to hear the washing machine from the living room, but even with that, I still have to be paying attention to the sounds I hear and walk into the laundry room to verify if it's time to go through the laborious process of adding fabric softener. Clearly nobody thought that one through. Will not purchase a Whirlpool washing machine ever again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Purchased a new washer six months ago and its always made noise in the spin cycle. When it started sounding like a DC 10 I called for service. Whirlpool has sent Paradise Appliance out to our house FIVE times and they are unable to repair the washer. In fact, they have attempted to replace the drum twice. First time they said the drum sent was "out of round", third visit they said they did not have the right counter weights for the drum. Fourth visit they said they needed to order another new drum. With the visit today which was # five they said Whirlpool had sent another defective drum. The plastic attachment on the back was broken. Six months new and for the last four we have been unable to use our washer. Whirlpool customer service is like dialing a call and being put on hold for hours. - Terrible service and I hope you don't make the same mistake I made with a major appliance purchase.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Daughter purchased new Whirlpool washer from Lowe's. JUNK out of the box. They replaced it. 7 months later, JUNK did the same thing the first one did, still under warranty. Wait for tech. Bad computer, none are available. After a month still not available, I was told to keep waiting. Called and complained, they miraculously found one. Wait for install. Two weeks later, installed, MORE parts bad. Wait for parts, wait for tech to install. Two weeks tech installs parts, MORE parts bad.

Called Whirlpool again and talked to supervisor. I was informed they CAN'T do anything about it. Keep waiting for more parts and installation. From August to November with four kids and a paid for washer that is still broken. It's their policy, I was told it would be replaced after three repair calls. They count the three calls as ONE because they were all within 90 days. These people are the worst I've ever experienced. They don't care after the sale. I gave it one star because zero was not an option.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I have owned this washing machine for 14 months. The transmission is now being replaced for the 3rd time ( the first one went out 31 days after purchasing. The 2nd one was replaced 10/10/22 and I’m waiting for a service call for the same problem again. I have pleaded with Whirlpool to use reason and replace this lemon. The repair costs have far exceeded the cost of the machine. This has been a major inconvenience over & over. Managers have no authority to make logical decisions. I have been a loyal Whirlpool customer for years. I recently had to replace a 3 year old microwave from them (hint, buy Maytag, warranty is awesome) and the ice maker in my high end 3 year old Kitchenaid refrigerator (same company) has never worked. I will NEVER buy another Whirlpool or Kitchenaid product again. They gave me a 6 month extended warranty for the washer in October ha!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

The brand is Great, but this washer machine "High Efficiency Agitator" washer Machine not good at All. This machine no wash clothes and not clean clothes, they only keep Agitator the clothes inside and not total submerge meaning the clothes is dry as you just put on the machine, the system is on save water then not have enough water to wash.. Keep the 1980 machine if you still have it, the old machine will wash and spill your clothes much better than this modern "Agitator" washer machine.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

On 26th August 2022 I have purchased one Whirlpool Automatic 7 kg Washing Machine which is making too much noise since beginning. According to Service Engineer it can wash only 12 clothes including inner wears and can't wash 7 kg clothes. I have contacted CEO, Service Desk and Compliance Officer of the company but there is no response. Since the machine is defective and needs replacement immediately.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I purchased the Whirlpool washer, 4 c.f. Cabrio, the paint quality (rust) and the dash board (wrinkled) are very bad. Have few pictures to show you if allow here. We two senior using only once a week. Poor quality. Avoid it at any price.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Our Whirlpool washing machine was purchased in October of 2020. We noticed a loud sound mostly when in the spin cycle and called a technician to come out. The technician shared the transmission broke and was leaking oil all over the machine and showed me pictures of the damage. The machine is only 2 years old. I called Whirlpool and they said it’s not covered since past 1 year warranty. I am blown away that such a major issue can occur in a 2-year-old washing machine and nothing can be done about it.

Our past washing machine we owned lasted over 15 years with no issues. The repairs quoted would be more than the cost of the washing machine new. We paid around $580 for it new from Home Depot and the repairs would be $737. The washing machine model number is WTW4955HW1. What happened to the quality of Whirlpool products and customer service? Very frustrated and feeling at a loss of what to do next. I can’t imagine or afford buying a new washer every 2 years.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Washer stopped working. Was told it is a bad motor. After scheduling with their contractor it is going on two months without a washer. I was told Whirlpool knows their washer motors are bad and are a washing machine even their own techs would not recommend. Whirlpool customer service is no help!! They got my money this time but never again!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I purchased a Whirlpool Washing machine in August 2022 which was suggested by the salesperson in Croma. He said it’s a 5* machine but I am having a really bad time using it. The sales people at Croma have a very low level of Product Knowledge. I have written to them as well as Whirlpool several times but got a pathetic response from both. The Croma service department doesn’t even acknowledge the issue. They just keep closing the service requests. Horrible!! Same is the case with Whirlpool. Being an international company never expected such Cheap Behaviour. They’re not even responding to any emails I am writing just a month after the purchase date.

The technicians too don’t have a satisfactory level of knowledge to solve the issues customers are facing. Instead of carefully listening to the problem I was facing, the technician started arguing arrogantly with me and my family. I have even (sound) recorded the conversation I had with the technician so that I can use it when I need to go to the Consumer Forum. Let’s see. I have even video-recorded the erratic behaviour of the machine but Whirlpool doesn’t have the time to have a look at it. WORST experience I have ever had. Please never go for any of the Whirlpool products.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information