2. Homeowners

Whirlpool Washing Machines

4.0/5 (675 ratings)

About Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a top load Whirlpool Washer and Dryer in April 2021. When it was installed I commented about how noisy it was. I was told it was because it was empty, but it will be much quieter once you put in a load of laundry. That did not make any difference. I called Whirlpool customer service and explained I had just purchased it less than a week ago and it appeared to be very noisy. I was told they could send someone out, but if they determined there was not a problem I would be charged a service call. I said the machine is not even a week old why would I be charged a service call shouldn't this be a warranty issue. Again I was told there would be a service call charge.

I am completely baffled at the customer service response. This is the first and only time I called. I contacted the store where I purchased both the washer and dryer and was told it should not be that loud, this is the first time anyone has complained about the noise level and there should not be charge. Whirlpool has terrible customer service and I will NEVER purchase another Whirlpool product again because of the customer service. I have purchased numerous appliances in my lifetime and have never been treated so poorly. If I could return both the washer and dryer I would not hesitate. I would not recommend Whirlpool to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Horrible experience with Whirlpool fresh care front load. Started giving problem within a year and their engineers concluded that it is to be replaced. And then the torture begins. First they took a month to come back with an answer that they will charge a 20% depreciation on the previous machine although it’s still under 2 years comprehensive warranty and further since locally they don’t have the same machine, they will give us a new model for which we will have to pay the balance amount. So a total of 13500 Rupee more we were asked to pay for a new machine against the faulty machine of theirs which was still under 2 years comprehensive warranty period. Matter is yet not resolved, it’s been two months now. I have written to their India CEO, service head and everyone. It’s not a case of poor service, it’s simply a fraud.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

This machine, like all other water sensor machines, will not let you wash a few items that are lightweight without filling the whole machine up almost all the way. The reason being is that if the items are light, they will float in the water above the water level and the sensor thinks it needs to put more water in and even with putting something in to "weigh it down" like a wet towel doesn't always work, nor should you have to do this. You will waste more water in the long run if you only have a few items to wash, ie baby clothes, underwear, rags, etc. I am so disappointed that I had no other choice but to get this machine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Very bad model Whirlpool washing machine. Pls don't buy any customers because from the date of installation it's a headache for my family. I have a trust on whirlpool company but now I don't have. The problem is in every water select mode the tub is filling full and overfilling from the top always room fully with water. I hope the machine is not sensing water level. Such a bad experience from whirlpool company. My review is genius. My date of purchase is 28/7/2021

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I'm 70 years old and always bought Whirlpool washing machines. My last one I bought at Lowe's and it is the most I've ever paid for a washer and it's the worst I've ever owned! Don't waste your money! Hard to get clothes balanced and it slams and bams like the old 1970 washing machines! Horrible!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

My washing machine quit working with one month left on the warranty. In trying to schedule repair I was never able to talk to a live person. Via chat and online scheduling they could not or would not come out for 10 days. Also they would not approve use of a local repairman who was willing to work on it in 2 days. Waiting 10 days for service on a washing machine is crazy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I'm very happy with my Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer leaves the clothes clean and has a variety of wash cycles and water levels and is quiet. The dryer also has a variety of drying selections for all clothes and heavy loads and it's very quiet.

Original review: July 30, 2021

This washer & dryer is the extra large capacity combo. Uses less water but surprisingly the clothes come out clean as a whistle. Less detergent. Sin all cleans clothes excellent & saves you money. A win/win!

Original review: July 29, 2021

Had my first twin 21 years. Hated to see it go. New model like a piece of tin. However, things today are not made to last very long. This unit is 2 years old and will need major repair already. Unfortunately my set up calls for this type unit. Just had similar thing with brand new Whirlpool side-by-side. Thinking I need to try different brand.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I purchased this machine in February 2019. The standard one-year warranty covered the first service call less than one year later. This call was related to the main control board. If this part goes out it will prevent the washer from advancing through the cycles. A technician was able correct this problem by resetting control board. That was sometime the first year. The next call was for the same problem and it cost me $90 to have a technician reset the board again. I then learned how to do it myself through online research. However, I had to do it more regularly and this got old as you can imagine.

I did buy myself about two months of time by purchasing a used part but it soon failed as well. This main control board cost $564 if you get it from the manufacturer. This exceeds the cost of the machine. It was purchased in 2019. (The same machine has gone up to $740 today.) I had no other problems with that appliance however, it appears nowadays with electronics taking over cycles vs. mechanical parts you will not enjoy the same longevity as I did when I got 16 years out of a GE washer before this one. I have replaced this machine with a competitor's product that costs less than the part except for the 5-year warranty from Lowe's.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information