Whirlpool Washing Machines

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: May 22, 2020

The machine is reliable, does not take forever to do a load, it is relatively quiet. It has sufficient options depending on the size of the load. Additional options are time setting, choice of warm, cold or warm/cold water settings. On light and medium loads it extracts almost all of the water; on heavier loads an extra dry spin does the job. In all the years that we have had it, it has required only one service call. The maintenance man told us that this model is the best in a series and he recommends that we hang on to it for as long as possible. We're very happy with it.

Original review: May 21, 2020

We use a Whirlpool Washing Machine and it is one that came with this apartment provided to us by our employers. My parents had a Whirlpool Washing Machine too and they have had no problems since I have known them to use a Whirlpool. The Whirlpool that we are using has been very reliable in the past 3 years we have been using it. No issues whatsoever! The clothes do come out clean, so it does it's job! It is a top loading washing machine as opposed to the newer front loading ones. I have not used a front loading washing machine, so I do not know how it compares to them. The settings on our Whirlpool are basic and very easy to use. (If you know what you are doing, of course). LOL! Reliable is the word for Whirlpool!!

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: May 15, 2020

We've had a of Whirlpool washer and dryer for well over 8 years now. The only thing we've had done to it during that time was to give it a "tune up". That was done by a friend and only took a half hour or so. I don't know exactly what he did to it but the "tune up" didn't require any parts. In fact, when my friend was finished with his version of a tune up, it was as if it were turbo-charged and our clothes came out cleaner than ever. The washer runs quietly, as far as washers go, and the capacity, washing options, etc. are perfect for a washer that gets a ton of usage.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We bought our Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum top-loading high efficiency machine Model #WTW8000BWG in Feb. 2015. It cleans well, and is easy to select water temp, spin speed, etc. It's simple to load, but because I am short, I have difficulty reaching stuff at the bottom of the tub. A stool is needed. LOL. In the 5 years that I have owned it, I have not needed any kind of service to be done on it. Very reliable. I have had Whirlpool washers and dryers before and my success with them is why I purchased the set I have now. And so far, so good. Highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We recently bought a Whirlpool front loader even though the reviews kept mentioning mold and odors. I discovered that there was a water buildup in the soap dispenser so after every load, I remove, clean and dry the soap dispenser. The machine does a great job on cleaning clothes and I am following other suggestions on cleaning the drum from time to time. By the way, I bought my machine at Lowe's from the scratch and dent department and with a little negotiating, I paid half price! Good deal and so far, good machine. Good luck and remember to remove and empty the water from the soap dispenser!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I bought a Whirlpool front load washer, model wfw5620hw, July 19 2019. It worked for 5 months and quit working properly. I have been trying to get whirlpool to fix this piece of junk and have gotten nowhere. When I try to call them there is a 40 to 70 minute waiting time then I got transferred to another department for another 60 wait. This has happened several times in the last two months. I have never been treated so badly by any company in my life. I bought this machine from Menards and they just refer me to whirlpool so they are no help. I have two other commercial coin operated whirlpool machines and they have been great but this model is junk. Other people are having the same problem with it as I am having.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I purchased a Whirlpool® 4.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer with Load & Go Dispenser in 2017. By August of 2020 the washing machine was no longer working. The machine would continue to fill with water and not shut off. The machine would then give an error of E01 and F03 and drain all water within 5 minutes of the wash load starting. I had a certified Whirlpool technician come and diagnose the problem for $99. The technician said these error codes happen ALL THE TIME on Whirlpool washers. The technician tried to replace the water pressure switch with no success. He then spoke to a corporate office and was told we would have to replace the motherboard for over $500. The total cost for the diagnosis and repair was almost the exact price I paid for a new washer just 3 years earlier. I will NEVER purchase any Whirlpool appliance ever again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I purchased a washing centre at Canadian Appliance Source. I paid to have it delivered, installed and for them to take away my old appliances. I had several issues and when I called the store, they sent me to Whirlpool warranty who dispatched a repair technician a few days later. With nothing solved to my satisfaction, I called Whirlpool again. I spoke to a customer service rep who gave these responses, she put me through to a manager who gave me the same responses. When I asked to speak with someone above her, she said she could put me through to another person at her level but noone at a higher level.

I want to hear the same response again? Really? Her only other answer was to email the Whirlpool Executive, which will be my next step. This is a summary only of my experience of the first few days after the purchase.

Problem: The first load I washed was 1 set of blue sheets with 2 pillow cases. The water didn't seem to cover the load but I thought when it started to wash, they would get wet. When I took the sheets out of the washer, there were several dry spots and some kind of residue on several areas, so not washed or cleaned as expected. I tried washing one sheet, same thing. Tech solution: Put in some wet items to the load so the washer thinks the load is heavier and will add more water, or add a bucket of water to the load, Really? Whirlpool response: The washer is working as expected. Really?

Problem: I did a warm water wash, expecting the machine to dispense a mix of hot and cold AT THE SAME TIME making it warm water. The washer starts with cold water then stops and puts in hot water. I don't want cold water or hot water on this load I want warm as recommended by the manufacturer! Tech solution:

Don't use warm water wash. Really? Whirlpool response: Works as expected. Really?

Problem: Dryer is way too hot on the delicate cycle, not good for delicates! Tech solution: Use the air dry cycle. Really? Whirlpool response: Dryer is working as expected. Really?

Problems I didn't even discuss: The load is really really wrinkled when it comes out of the washer. Who wants to have to go back to ironing everything they own? The washer tub and dryer are really really small! I should have read more reviews and headed the warnings! Comments: I purchased online, biggest mistake. The store will not take it back. Whirlpool will not take it back. Hindsight is 2020! If I could have given negative stars, I would have.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

This company has terrible, deceitful, and pass the buck practices. I purchased a Bravos MCT top loading Maytag washer from Home Depot. Maytag is now owned by or has been acquired by Whirlpool. First I was a little disappointed to learn that because I had previously purchased two Whirlpool made washers and got no more than six years of service out of both them. But from the day this washer was delivered it did not perform as it should. I called and texted with the hours provided for rejection of the washer and was told by a customer service representative that it would be replaced.

The main problem was the spin cycle. With only a few clothes in it, it jumped all around and moved so much that it was sitting in the middle of the washroom. Thinking that occurrence was a one time thing, I stopped it; cancelled the cycle; and reset it. It finished the load. This occurrence was reported and simply fell on deaf ears. I was lied to and told a replacement would be made; it was not. I have sent numerous emails and have made several calls for more than a year now and I still have the same defective washer in my home. Each time I emailed, I received a different message from the customer service person.

This company wants me to pay for a service call or buy an additional warranty for a defective machine they produced and refuse to honor their replacement policy— which they now say is the responsibility of Home Depot. Luckily I have kept every email and document I was provided. I am being forced to file a claim against this company to get their attention and to remedy this situation. The expense of the claim will be greater the cost of purchasing another machine, but it is this kind of behavior, on the part of A corporate giant, that is makes life tough for everyday people like me. Stay away from the Whirlpool name for washers—even a prior good name brand like Maytag.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

This new Whirlpool washer hasn't worked from day one and the company won't do anything, they won't even answer me, I will never buy one again, all the same problems everyone else is having, I'm just waiting for a lawsuit.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team