Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines

4.0/5 (677 ratings)

About Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: June 11, 2021

I'M OLD AND DISABLED WOMAN. Bought a brand new $800 Whirlpool top loader washer and it won't work after not even a month. Called whirlpool and had the worst customer service from Tammy. I have to wait to compose myself to call back cause the washer is junk... F9E1 SENSOR. I'M NOT A MAN! Worst customer service. Thought my washer would last longer. It's been 1 hour 45 minutes. Won't turn off. I CAN'T unplug TAMMY! IF I COULD I WOULD!

Original review: April 11, 2021

I was not impressed with the new HE washers but could not find any traditional ones anymore. I bought a Amana and am disgusted that it is only 3 years old and needs to be replaced because of a transmission problem with it not agitating. It costs more to repair than it is worth. As a consumer, I should be given a choice whether I want to upscale or be satisfied with older model features. I will never buy or recommend a Amana HE washer to anyone. My mother also has one, has had it for a year and it is already giving her problems. Shame on you Whirlpool.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The washer and dryer leaves the clothes heavy and wet, the balancing does not work, therefore the spin cycle just bangs against the machine, I tried emailing the support but no response, can somebody reach out.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Hi team, I have to lodge this complaint after because of getting continuous problems I have suffered with my Whirlpool fully automatic washing machine top load 11 kg bloom wash 360 degree. I purchased the abovesaid brand new washing machine on 1st Jan 2017. Since the purchase I am struggling with this machine. I raised the fault in the beginning itself and the service was done on 5th of Feb. Jobs sheets enclosed here with.

Similar issues kept on arising and whenever I raised those issues with the whirlpool team, they mentioned that company policy is to repair the faulty part if it’s in warranty and they will not replace. They suggested me to go for the AMC and to be on the safer side, I also took AMC under warranty period only. (AMC card - My cheque dates and service details all are mentioned onto it.) Recently I faced another issue on 26th Feb for which ticket was raised. Engineer visited on 27th Feb and advised us to replace the motor part. On 3rd March they replaced motor mechanism and ball-bearings. Then engineer advised us to check the working by giving a trial wash.

I started the machine to wash clothes and after 20 mins machine started making abnormal noise. (I have made video of it, audio of the video captured the noise). I again called up the service engineer immediately and informed him about the voice coming out of machine and he gave a lame answer by saying “It is normal sound”. Then I again called Whirlpool and requested senior engineer visit to resolve the issue. Senior engineer visited and told us that one of motor screw wasn’t tighten properly. It opened while running the machine which completely damaged the motor.

After that I am continuously calling to service centre to get the updates on my machine motor replacement. Finally they mentioned that they don't have motor part available with them due to company ceased this model productivity. When I raised this issue with the Whirlpool team they mentioned that they can only pay 40% of the machine value, because I had AMC. However, I did mention that this damage is caused by the negligence of their service engineer, but they didn’t discuss anything about it.

When I continuously chased them they dropped me an email to refund only the 40% of the machine value. I feel cheated and harassed!! When I bought the machine they gave us 10 years warranty now they mention that motor is not available as it’s a 5 years old model. My grievance is that since I had already taken the AMC and the damage was also caused by their engineer, why I have to bear the loss. I have already struggled a lot with this machine since last 5 years from the day I bought this machine and now I am losing my hard earned money. Kindly do the needful.

Documents attached as follows:
    1. Serial number of this machine
    2. Bill/ Invoice copy from dealer
    3. Job sheets

4. AMC card (with 3 years extended warranty)

Thanks,

Pratibha

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I purchased a front loading Whirlpool washing machine March 2017. I have need to have the drain pump replaced and the motherboard replaced. Each repair took 30 to 45 days to get parts and service. I would not recommend the washing machine.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

The cycles available on this model are so limited and not enough appropriate options. The number of cycles available is deceiving when there are "limits" set on some cycles. The machine twists the legs and sleeves of garments so tight they are very difficult to pry apart. I tried large mesh bags but suspect they don't get as clean. Yesterday one bedsheet had 2 large (3 inch diameter) holes torn in the middle from rubbing or twisting! This was not a old or thin sheet. There is usually residue left on the garments that is very difficult to remove as well as time consuming and annoying. I have never in 50 years had that problem unless I left a tissue in a pocket.

Any savings of energy and resources will be lost as I try washing a very few items at a time. The spin feature does reduce drying time but sets wrinkles because of the tight twist along with the spin speed. I am sorry I had to replace my 42 year old washing machine knowing this one is so deficient and has a very short built-in life expectancy.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Purchased a new Whirlpool washer and it has the "sensor"-- like I am too stupid to decide on the level of water to match my load-- not sure why I got an agitator because I am the only thing it agitates. The clothes just sit there in its own filth and then go in the dryer. Actually put a stained item in the wash to remove the stain and instead it just spread to other clothing and has stained and possibly damaged them. Washing the same clothes 3 times is not saving energy, water and time for me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I replaced our old Whirlpool washer that we had for 10 years with a new Whirlpool high-efficiency front load washer in August 2020 - it quit working on December 11, 2020. Got a repair person through Whirlpool on December 22nd who said I need a new motherboard. I am still waiting!!! 42 days with no washer and Whirlpool has no answers regarding the parts arrival and I can’t even sell the thing and get another brand because it doesn’t work! I’m beyond angry!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

2020 Maytag washing machine purchased Sept. 19 2020, never worked from day one. Agitator does not work, makes noise like the machine is struggling to work. Does not rinse detergent out of clothes. Water level is minimal. Went to the dealer Dufresne in Swan River, MB. They sent out a repairman which I paid for, I was informed many customers were complaining that these machines are nothing but garbage. I went back to Dufresne and confronted the sales woman, laughed in my face and told me to leave the store, I was totally taken aback by her rudeness, phoned Whirlpool, spoke to a woman who was very ignorant, I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that's the way the machines are designed because they are made, DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCES, NEVER NEVER.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I've been a landlord since 1997 and have multiple sets of coin laundry machines. The older Whirlpool machines are great and have lasted 25-40+ years with almost no issues. Replaced a washer with this model 4 years ago and have multiple problems. I'm buying a used coin operated washer that's older than this model just to get rid of it. Cost of parts is almost half the cost of a new washer, and adding on labor and time makes no sense. Very happy to get rid of it. Electronics instead of mechanics has been the problem. Electronic switch that is activated with the coin slide broke, the main board fried, and the lid switch has caused problems

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team