Whirlpool Washing Machines

Whirlpool Washing Machines
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Washing Machines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have used this washer for many years and I use to repair Maytag for many years. I still think that as far as long lasting Whirlpool has them all beat. It is a very easy washer to understand and I never had any repairs that needed to be done. I just made sure that I kept the basic things done to it. It did not take much to keep it going and this was not a one time thing. I have been a fan of Whirlpool for many many years and still to this day I am using W/P.

Original review: May 22, 2020

The machine is reliable, does not take forever to do a load, it is relatively quiet. It has sufficient options depending on the size of the load. Additional options are time setting, choice of warm, cold or warm/cold water settings. On light and medium loads it extracts almost all of the water; on heavier loads an extra dry spin does the job. In all the years that we have had it, it has required only one service call. The maintenance man told us that this model is the best in a series and he recommends that we hang on to it for as long as possible. We're very happy with it.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2020

We use a Whirlpool Washing Machine and it is one that came with this apartment provided to us by our employers. My parents had a Whirlpool Washing Machine too and they have had no problems since I have known them to use a Whirlpool. The Whirlpool that we are using has been very reliable in the past 3 years we have been using it. No issues whatsoever! The clothes do come out clean, so it does it's job! It is a top loading washing machine as opposed to the newer front loading ones. I have not used a front loading washing machine, so I do not know how it compares to them. The settings on our Whirlpool are basic and very easy to use. (If you know what you are doing, of course). LOL! Reliable is the word for Whirlpool!!

Original review: May 15, 2020

We've had a of Whirlpool washer and dryer for well over 8 years now. The only thing we've had done to it during that time was to give it a "tune up". That was done by a friend and only took a half hour or so. I don't know exactly what he did to it but the "tune up" didn't require any parts. In fact, when my friend was finished with his version of a tune up, it was as if it were turbo-charged and our clothes came out cleaner than ever. The washer runs quietly, as far as washers go, and the capacity, washing options, etc. are perfect for a washer that gets a ton of usage.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We bought our Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum top-loading high efficiency machine Model #WTW8000BWG in Feb. 2015. It cleans well, and is easy to select water temp, spin speed, etc. It's simple to load, but because I am short, I have difficulty reaching stuff at the bottom of the tub. A stool is needed. LOL. In the 5 years that I have owned it, I have not needed any kind of service to be done on it. Very reliable. I have had Whirlpool washers and dryers before and my success with them is why I purchased the set I have now. And so far, so good. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I was not impressed with the new HE washers but could not find any traditional ones anymore. I bought a Amana and am disgusted that it is only 3 years old and needs to be replaced because of a transmission problem with it not agitating. It costs more to repair than it is worth. As a consumer, I should be given a choice whether I want to upscale or be satisfied with older model features. I will never buy or recommend a Amana HE washer to anyone. My mother also has one, has had it for a year and it is already giving her problems. Shame on you Whirlpool.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The washer and dryer leaves the clothes heavy and wet, the balancing does not work, therefore the spin cycle just bangs against the machine, I tried emailing the support but no response, can somebody reach out.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Hi team, I have to lodge this complaint after because of getting continuous problems I have suffered with my Whirlpool fully automatic washing machine top load 11 kg bloom wash 360 degree. I purchased the abovesaid brand new washing machine on 1st Jan 2017. Since the purchase I am struggling with this machine. I raised the fault in the beginning itself and the service was done on 5th of Feb. Jobs sheets enclosed here with.

Similar issues kept on arising and whenever I raised those issues with the whirlpool team, they mentioned that company policy is to repair the faulty part if it’s in warranty and they will not replace. They suggested me to go for the AMC and to be on the safer side, I also took AMC under warranty period only. (AMC card - My cheque dates and service details all are mentioned onto it.) Recently I faced another issue on 26th Feb for which ticket was raised. Engineer visited on 27th Feb and advised us to replace the motor part. On 3rd March they replaced motor mechanism and ball-bearings. Then engineer advised us to check the working by giving a trial wash.

I started the machine to wash clothes and after 20 mins machine started making abnormal noise. (I have made video of it, audio of the video captured the noise). I again called up the service engineer immediately and informed him about the voice coming out of machine and he gave a lame answer by saying “It is normal sound”. Then I again called Whirlpool and requested senior engineer visit to resolve the issue. Senior engineer visited and told us that one of motor screw wasn’t tighten properly. It opened while running the machine which completely damaged the motor.

After that I am continuously calling to service centre to get the updates on my machine motor replacement. Finally they mentioned that they don't have motor part available with them due to company ceased this model productivity. When I raised this issue with the Whirlpool team they mentioned that they can only pay 40% of the machine value, because I had AMC. However, I did mention that this damage is caused by the negligence of their service engineer, but they didn’t discuss anything about it.

When I continuously chased them they dropped me an email to refund only the 40% of the machine value. I feel cheated and harassed!! When I bought the machine they gave us 10 years warranty now they mention that motor is not available as it’s a 5 years old model. My grievance is that since I had already taken the AMC and the damage was also caused by their engineer, why I have to bear the loss. I have already struggled a lot with this machine since last 5 years from the day I bought this machine and now I am losing my hard earned money. Kindly do the needful.

Documents attached as follows:
      1. Serial number of this machine
      2. Bill/ Invoice copy from dealer
      3. Job sheets

4. AMC card (with 3 years extended warranty)

Thanks,

Pratibha

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I purchased a front loading Whirlpool washing machine March 2017. I have need to have the drain pump replaced and the motherboard replaced. Each repair took 30 to 45 days to get parts and service. I would not recommend the washing machine.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

The cycles available on this model are so limited and not enough appropriate options. The number of cycles available is deceiving when there are "limits" set on some cycles. The machine twists the legs and sleeves of garments so tight they are very difficult to pry apart. I tried large mesh bags but suspect they don't get as clean. Yesterday one bedsheet had 2 large (3 inch diameter) holes torn in the middle from rubbing or twisting! This was not a old or thin sheet. There is usually residue left on the garments that is very difficult to remove as well as time consuming and annoying. I have never in 50 years had that problem unless I left a tissue in a pocket.

Any savings of energy and resources will be lost as I try washing a very few items at a time. The spin feature does reduce drying time but sets wrinkles because of the tight twist along with the spin speed. I am sorry I had to replace my 42 year old washing machine knowing this one is so deficient and has a very short built-in life expectancy.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team