Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2493 Whirlpool Washing Machines Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

After much frustration and disappointment, as well as 2 huge repair bills with my front loading washing machine I sent it off to the scrap yard, still looking brand new, and went back to a top loading machine. I purchased a Whirlpool top loading, high efficiency, low water machine. I have had it for almost 2 years now and am extremely happy with it. I would highly recommend it. Fairly quiet and easy to use and takes very little detergent. It does not have an agitator so it is gentle on clothes. I know some users have complained about tangled clothes but, in my opinion, if it is loaded correctly this should not be a problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Purchase at 2014 and still working and nowadays, they don't make refrigerators, washer or dryers to last more than 3 to 4 years. The quality of appliances, really such since the manufacturers are greedy. And after the 5 year Warranty expires, only Lowe's buys back the the appliances and Home Depot. Their Warranty specifies that you have to purchase from them to replacement of an appliances if purchased from them!??? Therefore I would not buy any appliance from them. A refrigerator, washer or dryer, you can take parts from each one and build a whole new appliance, which is very disappointing! TO ME THIS IS BAD BUSINESS FOR AMERICANS, not all people know this by experiencing this yourself and I let people know about my experiencing this myself, manufacturers should make products in The United States of America???

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Within two years I did have to replace the gasket on the washer. A wire behind the gasket caught on my load of clothes creating a mess and the whole thing had to be replaced. The washer is a side loader which I think does a better job of cleaning and uses less water, but if you have toddlers you will have to keep door closed and that cause mold and mildew buildup. Other than that I have had it for 12 years and both dryer and washer work well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We have front loaders. Far, far less damaging to the clothing than a top loader with agitator, would never go back to top loader. That comes with a caveat though. There is a difference you may not realize between the two styles. With a front loader comes a little maintenance. You will need to clean the washer periodically. Most all the stores sell the cleaning tablets and no, not all cleaners are created equal. I will only use Affresh after testing most of them. With a front loader there is always some water in the bottom of the drum, even after the cycle ends and even when it looks empty. So if you wash real dirty or smelly things, you’ll want to run an empty cycle to rinse out that leftover water or run with cleaner.

In between wash days you’ll need to leave the door open so it doesn’t mold or mildew. The door gasket/seals will show mold and mildew and or you’ll get a mildew smell in your clothing. The only issues we’ve had with these units were the learning curve on front loaders in general and with the dryer we had the water valve for the steam function stick open (after 5 years) but it was due to calcium build up from our well water, not a issue with the machine itself.

The dryer lint screen could be better. It is vertical so as the lint builds up during a cycle it drops to the bottom and accumulated at the bottom falling off as you pull it out each time to clean it. The lint catches on a crazy amount of extrusions inside the lint trap which also makes it nearly impossible to get down in and effectively clean all the crap out. One last thing if you're changing from top to front loaders. Buy the peristalsis, they’re expensive but it’s a pain in the butt to get stuff out if you don’t have them. Overall we’ve been very happy with our Whirlpool front loaders and would confidently recommend them to you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have had the Whirlpool washer for almost a year. It has multiple settings for different types of laundry, i.e. towels, bedding/bulky, colors. It is intuitive. My husband is able to put laundry in and is able to figure out which cycle to use. The tub is roomy and holds large items well. The dryer I just purchased in the last month or so. It matches my washer and so far I love it. It has very similar settings that match the washer. The lint filter is very effective, cleaning after each load is highly recommended. It dries quickly and is quiet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Whirlpool washer is junk. Expired I. Less than 4 years. Cost to repair is more than new washer. DO NOT PURCHASE WHIRLPOOL PRODUCTS. Agitator motor burned up without notice. No troubleshooter problem. 2 repairmen suggested I buy new washer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Purchased this washer new 2015 for use in our cabin. Now 4 years later with very little use the motor has seized. Washer is useless. What happened to 20 years of almost daily use and still runs great. This washer is a very poor quality washer and has now failed. Please save your money and buy a different brand.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I purchased a washer and dryer from WHirlpool in March of 2019 based on the good word of mouth information I have heard from others. Today I reported to WHirlpool customer service how all my brand new towels were destroyed during the week of 9/8/2019. The towels were purchased on 9/3/2019 and are now unusable due to a defect from the washing machine. I called into the customer service to ask what they can do, they completely refused to cover the cost in any way. Original cost was $448.00.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Bought this washer in May of 2019: Whirlpool - Whirlpool - 4.5 Cu. Ft. 37-Cycle High-Efficiency Front-Loading Washer with Steam and Load & Go™ XL Dispenser - Chrome Shadow. Model: WFW6620HC. SKU: 6313774. Paid over $1,000.00 for it. FIRST TIME washing our sheets, we had snags & rips. I immediately called and was referred to Whirlpool and then referred to an outside repair company. They sent a technician out who said everything was functioning properly despite having ruined 3 sets of sheets (these were not all washed at the same time & I didn’t realize they were being snagged until making the beds).

I continued to use the washer - clothes were fine, but yet again, MORE sheets and now comforters RUINED!!!! I called YET AGAIN after troubleshooting the problem myself and finding that the drain holes in the drum had metal pieces sticking up causing the items to snag & rip. Another day taken off work to stay home for the repair. The repair guy comes out, the part was broken. So now I’m left once again with a faulty washing machine AND no ETA on when the new part will arrive and be installed AND having to take yet another day off work.

7 sheet sets, 3 comforters, multiple shirts, & multiple bathing suits RUINED & was told there was ‘nothing they could do!’ I will NEVER EVER AGAIN purchase anything with the Whirlpool logo. It’s JUNK! Just an FYI, this was initiated in May of 2019 and it is now the middle of September 2019 with no fix updates. Who can go months without doing laundry???? Once again, poor customer service and JUNK of a product!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I have been extremely dissatisfied with the Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine!!! I tried to take it back and Lowe's would not let me return it because I had had it for 6 months. It doesn't put enough water in the machine to get all of the clothes wet. It doesn't get the clothes clean and it leaves some kind of lint residue all over dark clothes. I am only able to put in 1/4 of the clothes I put in my Maytag washer which I loved, but it wore out. I am also short and it is so deep I have to use a stool to get up on to reach into so i can reach the bottom of the machine. Even though it is a huge tub, I can only put a few pieces of clothes in it to get it to clean the clothes. It is a very poor design and needs to be recalled!

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

• Best for: People who want a hassle-free washing experience, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs