Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We recently bought a Whirlpool front loader even though the reviews kept mentioning mold and odors. I discovered that there was a water buildup in the soap dispenser so after every load, I remove, clean and dry the soap dispenser. The machine does a great job on cleaning clothes and I am following other suggestions on cleaning the drum from time to time. By the way, I bought my machine at Lowe's from the scratch and dent department and with a little negotiating, I paid half price! Good deal and so far, good machine. Good luck and remember to remove and empty the water from the soap dispenser!

Original review: March 18, 2019

After much frustration and disappointment, as well as 2 huge repair bills with my front loading washing machine I sent it off to the scrap yard, still looking brand new, and went back to a top loading machine. I purchased a Whirlpool top loading, high efficiency, low water machine. I have had it for almost 2 years now and am extremely happy with it. I would highly recommend it. Fairly quiet and easy to use and takes very little detergent. It does not have an agitator so it is gentle on clothes. I know some users have complained about tangled clothes but, in my opinion, if it is loaded correctly this should not be a problem.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Purchase at 2014 and still working and nowadays, they don't make refrigerators, washer or dryers to last more than 3 to 4 years. The quality of appliances, really such since the manufacturers are greedy. And after the 5 year Warranty expires, only Lowe's buys back the the appliances and Home Depot. Their Warranty specifies that you have to purchase from them to replacement of an appliances if purchased from them!??? Therefore I would not buy any appliance from them. A refrigerator, washer or dryer, you can take parts from each one and build a whole new appliance, which is very disappointing! TO ME THIS IS BAD BUSINESS FOR AMERICANS, not all people know this by experiencing this yourself and I let people know about my experiencing this myself, manufacturers should make products in The United States of America???

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We have front loaders. Far, far less damaging to the clothing than a top loader with agitator, would never go back to top loader. That comes with a caveat though. There is a difference you may not realize between the two styles. With a front loader comes a little maintenance. You will need to clean the washer periodically. Most all the stores sell the cleaning tablets and no, not all cleaners are created equal. I will only use Affresh after testing most of them. With a front loader there is always some water in the bottom of the drum, even after the cycle ends and even when it looks empty. So if you wash real dirty or smelly things, you’ll want to run an empty cycle to rinse out that leftover water or run with cleaner.

In between wash days you’ll need to leave the door open so it doesn’t mold or mildew. The door gasket/seals will show mold and mildew and or you’ll get a mildew smell in your clothing. The only issues we’ve had with these units were the learning curve on front loaders in general and with the dryer we had the water valve for the steam function stick open (after 5 years) but it was due to calcium build up from our well water, not a issue with the machine itself.

The dryer lint screen could be better. It is vertical so as the lint builds up during a cycle it drops to the bottom and accumulated at the bottom falling off as you pull it out each time to clean it. The lint catches on a crazy amount of extrusions inside the lint trap which also makes it nearly impossible to get down in and effectively clean all the crap out. One last thing if you're changing from top to front loaders. Buy the peristalsis, they’re expensive but it’s a pain in the butt to get stuff out if you don’t have them. Overall we’ve been very happy with our Whirlpool front loaders and would confidently recommend them to you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have had the Whirlpool washer for almost a year. It has multiple settings for different types of laundry, i.e. towels, bedding/bulky, colors. It is intuitive. My husband is able to put laundry in and is able to figure out which cycle to use. The tub is roomy and holds large items well. The dryer I just purchased in the last month or so. It matches my washer and so far I love it. It has very similar settings that match the washer. The lint filter is very effective, cleaning after each load is highly recommended. It dries quickly and is quiet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The machine starts shaking uncontrollably, has to be paused and clothes redistributed but still shakes. The stabilizers were replaced approximately 1 year ago. This worked until today. I was was washing a small load and distributed the load accordingly. On the spin cycle, the washer again began shaking and I shut it off. I will never buy Whirlpool products again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

This washing machine is awful. It takes twice as long to wash clothes. My older washing machine did clothes in 30 minutes or less. This thing takes over and over stop go, stop go, stop go. Open lid it fills again and removes water, when spinning the lid locks and you cannot open it without unplugging and starting all over again. The wash doesn't even circulate to clean the clothes properly arggghhh. Annoying as all get up. The washer has no control for the water level. The clothes don't have enough water to clean or rinse. I spent over $500 on this and can't get rid of it as most people are selling these on local websites as they hate them as well. Whirlpool thank you for taking my money and producing this junk. Never ever again! I think the seller is also responsible for not telling me what to expect of this junk.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I purchased the Whirlpool washer in February 2019 and delivery was in March. As stated in my previous reviews for the manufacturer, and subsequent repair calls, three; from the first time using the washer, it didn't fill properly for the amount of the clothes in it. A piece of paper towel never got wet through the whole wash cycle. I had to resort to raising & lowering the lid numerous times to get to the correct water level; adding water with a container or just pressing down on the switch under the top cover; 4-5 count. Needless to say very time consuming. As for hot water for doing white clothes, forget about it!

It seem to me it's the same problems with this whirlpool washer that's been happening with most of the other reviewers/purchasers. Did Whirlpool ever think about taken back one of these problem washers and checking it out for themselves? Maybe installing a clear plastic lid to monitor water levels at different wash cycles? Hot water temps when called for? Are these negative reviews ever seen by Whirlpool? Or in the trade is it called.... JOB SECURITY? Any more detail required? Cabo

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The detergent compartment grows mold even with proper maintenance and care. The company refuses to stand behind the product or investigate the flaws of the design of the machine! I am disgusted and will never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I bought it 1 week 1/2 ago and cannot wash correctly the clothes in it, have to rewash 2 or 3 times and bedding? Forget it. Still is dirty. Water does not go over the clothes, it suck for the price I paid.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

• Best for: People who want a hassle-free washing experience, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs